Genomes and Genes
Summary: A short-acting hypnotic-sedative drug with anxiolytic and amnestic properties. It is used in dentistry, cardiac surgery, endoscopic procedures, as preanesthetic medication, and as an adjunct to local anesthesia. The short duration and cardiorespiratory stability makes it useful in poor-risk, elderly, and cardiac patients. It is water-soluble at pH less than 4 and lipid-soluble at physiological pH.
Publications357 found, 100 shown here
- Comparison of midazolam sedation with or without fentanyl in cataract surgeryO Yalcin Cok
Department of Anesthesiology and Reanimation, Baskent University, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Acta Anaesthesiol Belg 59:27-32. 2008We compared the effect of midazolam sedation with or without fentanyl on the hemodynamic parameters, sedation, and pain and satisfaction profile in cataract surgery...
- Dexmedetomidine vs midazolam for sedation of critically ill patients: a randomized trialRichard R Riker
University of Vermont College of Medicine, USA
JAMA 301:489-99. 2009..Gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor agonist medications are the most commonly used sedatives for intensive care unit (ICU) patients, yet preliminary evidence indicates that the alpha(2) agonist dexmedetomidine may have distinct advantages...
- Dexmedetomidine vs midazolam or propofol for sedation during prolonged mechanical ventilation: two randomized controlled trialsStephan M Jakob
Department of Intensive Care Medicine, Bern University Hospital and University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
JAMA 307:1151-60. 2012Long-term sedation with midazolam or propofol in intensive care units (ICUs) has serious adverse effects...
- Breakdown in cortical effective connectivity during midazolam-induced loss of consciousnessFabio Ferrarelli
Department of Psychiatry and Anesthesiology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53719, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:2681-6. 2010..this hypothesis by comparing EEG responses to TMS during wakefulness and LOC induced by the benzodiazepine midazolam. Unlike spontaneous sleep states, a subject's level of vigilance can be monitored repeatedly during ..
- Pharmacokinetic assessment of a five-probe cocktail for CYPs 1A2, 2C9, 2C19, 2D6 and 3ASandrine Turpault
Global Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, Sanofi Aventis, Malvern, PA, USA
Br J Clin Pharmacol 68:928-35. 2009....
- Propofol sedation for upper gastrointestinal endoscopy in patients with liver cirrhosis as an alternative to midazolam to avoid acute deterioration of minimal encephalopathy: a randomized, controlled studyAndrea Riphaus
Department of Internal Medicine I, Gastroenterology and Interventional Endoscopy, Hospital Siloah, Hannover, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 44:1244-51. 2009b>Midazolam sedation for upper gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy exacerbates minimal hepatic encephalopathy (HE) in patients with liver cirrhosis, therefore an alternative drug regimen for these patients is warranted...
- Treatment of refractory status epilepticus with pentobarbital, propofol, or midazolam: a systematic reviewJan Claassen
Department of Neurology, Division of Critical Care Neurology, and The Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, Neurological Institute, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Epilepsia 43:146-53. 2002..This systematic review compares the efficacy of midazolam (MDL), propofol (PRO), and pentobarbital (PTB) for terminating seizures and improving outcome in RSE patients.
- Pharmacokinetic interactions of almorexant with midazolam and simvastatin, two CYP3A4 model substrates, in healthy male subjectsMatthias Hoch
Clinical Pharmacology, Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Gewerbestrasse 16, 4123 Allschwil, Switzerland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 69:523-32. 2013..Therefore, a study was conducted to investigate the effects of multiple-dose almorexant on the pharmacokinetics of midazolam and simvastatin, two CYP3A4 model substrates.
- Sub-clinical hepatic encephalopathy in cirrhotic patients is not aggravated by sedation with propofol compared to midazolam: a randomized controlled studyIyad Khamaysi
Department of Gastroenterology, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
J Hepatol 54:72-7. 2011..The aim of this study is to determine whether the use of propofol, for upper endoscopy in patients with cirrhosis, precipitates sub-clinical HE...
- Stochastic prediction of CYP3A-mediated inhibition of midazolam clearance by ketoconazoleJenny Y Chien
Department of Drug Disposition, Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 34:1208-19. 2006..A physiologically based PK model was developed to predict the inhibition of CYP3A by ketoconazole (KTZ), using midazolam (MDZ) as the substrate...
- Clinically relevant concentrations of propofol but not midazolam alter in vitro dendritic development of isolated gamma-aminobutyric acid-positive interneuronsLaszlo Vutskits
Department of Anesthesiology, Pharmacology and Surgical Intensive Care, University Hospital of Geneva, Switzerland
Anesthesiology 102:970-6. 2005..The authors addressed this issue by evaluating the effect of propofol on dendritic growth and arbor expansion of developing gamma-aminobutyric acid-positive (GABAergic) interneurons...
- Propofol infusion versus intermittent meperidine and midazolam injection for conscious sedation in ERCPPradermchai Kongkam
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 17:291-7. 2008..This study was conducted to compare satisfaction, recovery score, and recovery/safety profiles for ERCP sedation between continuous infusion of propofol and conventional sedation...
- Intrathecal midazolam I: a cohort study investigating safetyAdam P Tucker
Department of Anaesthesia, Monash Medical Centre, Monash University, 246 Clayton Road, Victoria 3168, Australia
Anesth Analg 98:1512-20, table of contents. 2004Despite conflicting evidence regarding the safety of intrathecal midazolam from animal investigations, its clinical use is increasing...
- Long-term sedation in intensive care unit: a randomized comparison between inhaled sevoflurane and intravenous propofol or midazolamMalcie Mesnil
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Lapeyronie DAR A, Montpellier I University and Montpellier University Lapeyronie Hospital, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Equipe soutenue par la Région et l Inserm ERI 25, route de Ganges, 34295 Montpellier, Cedex 5, France
Intensive Care Med 37:933-41. 2011To evaluate efficacy and adverse events related to inhaled sevoflurane for long-term sedation compared with standard intravenous (i.v.) sedation with propofol or midazolam.
- Intranasal midazolam for prolonged convulsive seizuresN O Kutlu
Department of Pediatrics, Inonu University, Turgut Ozal Medical Center, Malatya, Turkey
Brain Dev 22:359-61. 2000In order to determine the efficiency of intranasal midazolam in prolonged convulsive episodes, we conducted a prospective study in children with various types of seizures...
- Intranasal midazolam vs rectal diazepam for the home treatment of acute seizures in pediatric patients with epilepsyMaija Holsti
Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah, 295 Chipeta Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 164:747-53. 2010To compare intranasal midazolam, using a Mucosal Atomization Device (IN-MMAD), with rectal diazepam (RD) for the home treatment of seizures in children with epilepsy.
- Use of intrathecal midazolam to improve perioperative analgesia: a meta-analysisK M Ho
Intensive Care Unit, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Anaesth Intensive Care 36:365-73. 2008Intrathecal midazolam binds with gamma aminobutyric acid-A receptors in the spinal cord leading to an analgesic effect...
- Analgesic efficacy of two doses of intrathecal midazolam with bupivacaine in patients undergoing cesarean deliverySmita Prakash
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi, India
Reg Anesth Pain Med 31:221-6. 2006In this prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, we investigated the postoperative analgesic efficacy of 2 doses of intrathecal midazolam as an adjunct to bupivacaine for spinal anesthesia.
- Efficacy of buccal midazolam compared to intravenous diazepam in controlling convulsions in children: a randomized controlled trialBibek Talukdar
Department of Pediatrics, Maulana Azad Medical College and Asssociated Chacha Nehru Bal Chikitsalaya CNBC, Delhi 110031, India
Brain Dev 31:744-9. 2009A study was done to examine the efficacy of buccal midazolam in controlling convulsion in children by comparing it with intravenous diazepam, a standard mode of treating convulsions...
- Disruptive effect of midazolam on fear memory reconsolidation: decisive influence of reactivation time span and memory ageSilvia G Bustos
Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Haya de la Torre y Medina Allende, Cordoba, Argentina
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:446-57. 2009..memory was reactivated by exposure to the associated context for different periods of time that were followed by midazolam (MDZ) administration. We also studied MDZ amnesic effect after reactivating fear memories of several ages...
- Preoperative intravenous midazolam: benefits beyond anxiolysisKevin P Bauer
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Clin Anesth 16:177-83. 2004To evaluate the effect of midazolam on the global perioperative experience, including patient satisfaction, postoperative nausea and vomiting, postoperative pain, and perioperative anxiety and amnesia.
- Intrathecal midazolam increases the analgesic effects of spinal blockade with bupivacaine in patients undergoing haemorrhoidectomyM H Kim
Department of Anaesthesiology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Br J Anaesth 86:77-9. 2001In the present double-blind study we aimed to evaluate the postoperative analgesic effects of intrathecal midazolam with bupivacaine following haemorrhoidectomy...
- Propofol alone titrated to deep sedation versus propofol in combination with opioids and/or benzodiazepines and titrated to moderate sedation for colonoscopyMegan E VanNatta
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis Indiana 46202, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 101:2209-17. 2006..Propofol in combination with opioids and/or benzodiazepines can be titrated to moderate sedation, which might be safer...
- Midazolam vs ondansetron for preventing postoperative nausea and vomiting: a randomised controlled trialY Lee
Buddhist Tzu Chi Medical Center, Tzu Chi University School of Medicine, No 707 Sec 3 Jhong Yang Rd, Hualien, Taiwan, ROC
Anaesthesia 62:18-22. 2007We compared the prophylactic anti-emetic efficacy of midazolam and ondansetron in 90 patients scheduled for minor gynaecological (hysteroscopy) or urological (ureteroscopy) procedures planned to last 1-2 h under sevoflurane anaesthesia ..
- Midazolam reverses salicylate-induced changes in brain-derived neurotrophic factor and arg3.1 expression: implications for tinnitus perception and auditory plasticityRama Panford-Walsh
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Universitat Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Mol Pharmacol 74:595-604. 2008..Local application of the GABA(A) receptor modulator midazolam resulted in the reversal not only of salicylate-induced changes in cochlear BDNF expression, but also in ..
- Comparison of the cardiorespiratory effects of medetomidine-butorphanol-ketamine and medetomidine-butorphanol-midazolam in patas monkeys (Erythrocebus patas)Gladys Kalema-Zikusoka
Environmental Medicine Consortium, Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, 4700 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, North Carolina 27606, USA
J Zoo Wildl Med 34:47-52. 2003..0 mg/kg. i.m.), and seven were injected with the same dosages of medetomidine and butorphanol plus midazolam (0.3 mg/kg, i.m.)...
- Effect of telaprevir on the pharmacokinetics of midazolam and digoxinVarun Garg
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, Cambridge, MA 02139 4242, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 52:1566-73. 2012In this open-label study, 24 healthy volunteers received a single intravenous (IV) dose of 0.5 mg of midazolam on day 1 and a single oral dose each of 2 mg of midazolam and 0.5 mg of digoxin on day 3...
- ESRD impairs nonrenal clearance of fexofenadine but not midazolamThomas D Nolin
Department of Pharmacy and Therapeutics, and Center for Clinical Pharmaceutical Research, University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 20:2269-76. 2009..We used midazolam and fexofenadine to assess CYP3A (intestinal and hepatic) and drug transport, respectively, in patients with ..
- The different effects of midazolam and propofol sedation on dynamic cerebral autoregulationYojiro Ogawa
Department of Social Medicine, Division of Hygiene, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Anesth Analg 111:1279-84. 2010Although midazolam and propofol reduce cerebral blood flow (CBF) similarly, they generate different effects on the autonomic nervous system and endothelium-induced relaxation...
- Adaptive time-frequency parametrization in pharmaco EEGPiotr J Durka
Laboratory of Medical Physics, Institute of Experimental Physics, Warsaw University, ul Hoza 69, 00 681 Warszawa, Poland
J Neurosci Methods 117:65-71. 2002..These advantages are illustrated using a double-blind test of the influence of zolpidem and midazolam on sleep EEG, and the results are compared with the traditional approach...
- Supraspinal anesthesia: behavioral and electroencephalographic effects of intracerebroventricularly infused pentobarbital, propofol, fentanyl, and midazolamIzabela Jugovac
Department of Anesthesiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Anesthesiology 105:764-78. 2006..The authors aimed to produce progressively increasing anesthetic depths, indicated by electro-encephalographic synchronization and behavioral change...
- The impact of a standardised intramuscular sedation protocol for acute behavioural disturbance in the emergency departmentLeonie A Calver
Discipline of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
BMC Emerg Med 10:14. 2010..Acute behavioural disturbance (ABD) is an increasing problem in emergency departments. This study aimed to determine the impact of a structured intramuscular (IM) sedation protocol on the duration of ABD in the emergency department...
- Dexmedetomidine versus midazolam for the sedation of patients with non-invasive ventilation failureZhao Huang
Department of Intensive Care Unit, Guangzhou First Municipal People s Hospital Affiliated to Guangzhou Medical College, PR China
Intern Med 51:2299-305. 2012To compare the efficacy and safety of sedation with dexmedetomidine vs. midazolam for patients with acute cardiogenic pulmonary edema and hypoxemia during the treatment of non-invasive ventilation (NIV).
- Short- and long-term follow-up of intensive care unit patients after sedation with isoflurane and midazolam--a pilot studyPeter V Sackey
Section of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Crit Care Med 36:801-6. 2008To compare memories from the intensive care unit (ICU) and short- and long-term psychological morbidity in patients after sedation with intravenous midazolam or inhaled isoflurane.
- Evaluation of butorphanol, medetomidine and midazolam as a reversible narcotic combination in free-ranging African lions (Panthera leo)Sandra Wenger
Clinic for Zoo Animals, Exotic Pets and Wildlife, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Vet Anaesth Analg 37:491-500. 2010To evaluate the effects of the combination butorphanol, medetomidine and midazolam (BMM) and its reversibility in lions.
- Anesthetic effects of a mixture of medetomidine, midazolam and butorphanol in two strains of miceYumiko Kirihara
Department of Experimental Animals, Center for Integrated Research in Science, Shimane University, 89 1 Enya cho, Izumo, Shimane 693 8501, Japan
Exp Anim 62:173-80. 2013..These results indicate that the mixture of Med., Mid., and But. can be a useful and effective anesthesia for the BALB/c and C57BL/6J strains of inbred mice as well as outbred ICR mice. ..
- Nurse-administered propofol versus midazolam and meperidine for upper endoscopy in cirrhotic patientsBrian R Weston
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 98:2440-7. 2003..Propofol is currently under evaluation as an alternative to the combination of midazolam and meperidine for sedation during endoscopic procedures...
- Effects of aprepitant on cytochrome P450 3A4 activity using midazolam as a probeAnup K Majumdar
Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19422, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 74:150-6. 2003..The effect of aprepitant on in vivo CYP3A4 activity in humans with oral midazolam used as a sensitive probe of CYP3A4 activity was evaluated in this study.
- Defective activity of recombinant cytochromes P450 3A4.2 and 3A4.16 in oxidation of midazolam, nifedipine, and testosteroneMitsue Miyazaki
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Showa machi 3 39 22, Maebashi 371 8511, Gunma, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 36:2287-91. 2008..b>Midazolam (MDZ), testosterone (TST), and nifedipine (NIF) were used to assess the catalytic activities of the CYP3A4 wild ..
- Oral melatonin, dexmedetomidine, and midazolam for prevention of postoperative agitation in childrenDilek Ozcengiz
Department of Anesthesiology, Medical Faculty, Cukurova University, Balcali, Adana, Turkey
J Anesth 25:184-8. 2011..The aim of this study was to compare early agitation characteristics of oral melatonin, dexmedetomidine, and midazolam premedication in children who were given sevoflurane anesthesia for esophageal dilatation.
- Adverse events during monitored anesthesia care for GI endoscopy: an 8-year experienceMassimo Agostoni
Department of Anesthesiology, Vita Salute University of Milan, IRCCS H San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Gastrointest Endosc 74:266-75. 2011..The importance of sedation during endoscopy is well established. There is no consensus about the best techniques for sedation, which specialist should perform it, and in which location...
- Sorafenib and sunitinib, two anticancer drugs, inhibit CYP3A4-mediated and activate CY3A5-mediated midazolam 1'-hydroxylationMinako Sugiyama
Department of Medical Oncology, International Medical Center Comprehensive Cancer Center, Saitama Medical University, Hidaka, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 39:757-62. 2011..The effects of sorafenib and sunitinib on midazolam 1'-hydroxylation catalyzed by human CYP3A4 or CYP3A5 were investigated...
- Pharmacokinetics of oral dexamethasone and midazolam when administered with single-dose intravenous 150 mg fosaprepitant in healthy adult subjectsThomas C Marbury
Orlando Clinical Research Center, Orlando, FL 32809, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 51:1712-20. 2011..Part 2 of the study evaluated the drug interaction between fosaprepitant 150 mg and oral midazolam (2 mg on days 1 and 4). Thirteen subjects were enrolled in part 1 and 10 in part 2...
- A comparison of midazolam nasal spray and diazepam rectal solution for the residential treatment of seizure exacerbationsGerrit Jan de Haan
SEIN Epilepsy Institute in The Netherlands Foundation Heemstede, The Netherlands
Epilepsia 51:478-82. 2010..if an alternative route of administration of a benzodiazepine was equally effective, we compared a novel midazolam HCl concentrated nasal spray (MDZ-n) with diazepam rectal solution (DZP-r) in the treatment of prolonged ..
- Midazolam versus diazepam for the treatment of status epilepticus in children and young adults: a meta-analysisJason McMullan
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Acad Emerg Med 17:575-82. 2010Rapid treatment of status epilepticus (SE) is associated with better outcomes. Diazepam and midazolam are commonly used, but the optimal agent and administration route is unclear.
- Induction of anaesthesia with either midazolam or propofol in rabbits premedicated with fentanyl/fluanisoneM A Martinez
Department of Clinical Veterinary Science, University of Bristol, Langford
Vet Rec 164:803-6. 2009..1 ml/kg fentanyl/fluanisone and then randomly allocated to be anaesthetised with either midazolam or propofol. Anaesthesia was then maintained with isoflurane...
- A simplified analytical method for a phenotyping cocktail of major CYP450 biotransformation routesMallorie Clement Jerdi
Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Geneva University Hospitals, 24, Rue Micheli du Crest, CH 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
J Pharm Biomed Anal 35:1203-12. 2004..approach including five probe substances, namely caffeine, flurbiprofen, omeprazole, dextromethorphan and midazolam. All substances were administered simultaneously and a single plasma sample was obtained 2h after the ..
- Remifentanil vs. meperidine for patient-controlled analgesia during colonoscopy: a randomized double-blind trialLorella Fanti
Department of Gastroenterology, Vita Salute University of Milano, IRCCS H San Raffaele, Milano, Italy
Am J Gastroenterol 104:1119-24. 2009The aim was to compare patients' and endoscopists' satisfaction in terms of efficacy and safety of remifentanil patient-controlled analgesia (PCA) during colonoscopy with that of a combination of midazolam and meperidine.
- Intranasal midazolam vs rectal diazepam in acute childhood seizuresMadhumita Bhattacharyya
Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India
Pediatr Neurol 34:355-9. 2006..seizure episodes in 46 children were randomly assigned to receive treatment with rectal diazepam and intranasal midazolam with doses of 0.3 mg/kg body weight and 0.2 mg/kg body weight, respectively...
- Gastroenterologist-administered propofol versus meperidine and midazolam for advanced upper endoscopy: a prospective, randomized trialJohn J Vargo
Department of Gastroenterology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Gastroenterology 123:8-16. 2002..has been no prospective, randomized comparison of gastroenterologist-administered propofol to meperidine and midazolam for endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography and endoscopic ultrasonography...
- Effects of intrathecal midazolam in spinal anaesthesia: a prospective randomised case control studyB K Shadangi
Department of Anaesthesiology, All India Institute of Medical Scences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110029, India
Singapore Med J 52:432-5. 2011Subarachnoid block with local anaesthetics and adjuvants has been extensively used for surgery. Intrathecal midazolam produces antinociception and potentiates the effect of local anaesthetics...
- Genotype-phenotype associations of cytochrome P450 3A4 and 3A5 polymorphism with midazolam clearance in vivoPing He
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Tufts University School of Medicine, 136 Harrison Ave, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 77:373-87. 2005..A single oral dose of midazolam was administered to 26 healthy subjects. The variability in midazolam oral clearance was 11-fold...
- Ketamine and midazolam sedation for pediatric gastrointestinal endoscopy in the Arab worldMohamad Iqbal S Miqdady
Pediatric Department, Medical School, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid 3030, Jordan
World J Gastroenterol 17:3630-5. 2011To evaluate the safety and effectiveness of intravenous ketamine-midazolam sedation during pediatric endoscopy in the Arab world.
- Effect of intravenous midazolam premedication on postoperative nausea and vomiting after cholecystectomySeied Morteza Heidari
Department of Anesthesia, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
Acta Anaesthesiol Taiwan 42:77-80. 2004..However PONV continues to be a common postoperative complication. Midazolam premedication in pediatric patients has been reported to reduce the incidence of PONV...
- The analgesic and sedative effects of intrathecal midazolam in perianal surgeryA Yegin
Akdeniz University Medical Faculty, Department of Anaesthesiology, Antalya, Turkey
Eur J Anaesthesiol 21:658-62. 2004Our purpose was to evaluate the analgesic and sedative effects of intrathecal midazolam when added to spinal bupivacaine in patients undergoing perianal surgery under spinal anaesthesia.
- Low dose intravenous midazolam for prevention of PONV, in lower abdominal surgery--preoperative vs intraoperative administrationMohammad Reza Safavi
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
Middle East J Anaesthesiol 20:75-81. 2009The aim of the present study was to compare anti-emetic efficacy of low dose midazolam premedication (35 microg/kg) 15 minutes before induction of anesthesia with midazolam (35 microg/kg) administered intravenously 30 min before ..
- Analgesic effects of systemic midazolam: comparison with intrathecal administrationTomoki Nishiyama
Department of Anesthesiology, The Univesity of Tokyo, Japan
Can J Anaesth 53:1004-9. 2006b>Midazolam has antinociceptive effects when administered intrathecally, while its effects associated with systemic administration remain controversial...
- The midazolam-induced paradox phenomenon is reversible by flumazenil. Epidemiology, patient characteristics and review of the literatureA A Weinbroum
Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, 6 Weizman St, Tel Aviv 64239, Israel
Eur J Anaesthesiol 18:789-97. 2001b>Midazolam may occasionally precipitate hostility and violence instead of tranquility...
- Deep sedation occurs frequently during elective endoscopy with meperidine and midazolamSandeep Patel
Section of Endoscopy, Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44118, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 100:2689-95. 2005..The aims of this study were to prospectively evaluate the incidence and risk factors of deep sedation during elective endoscopy with meperidine and midazolam intended to maintain a level of moderate sedation.
- Use of intranasal midazolam to treat acute seizures in paediatric community settingsM G Harbord
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, South Australia 5042, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 40:556-8. 2004To evaluate the acceptability of intranasal midazolam (INM) in acute seizure management in the community.
- Midazolam: an effective antiemetic after cardiac surgery--a clinical trialOrathy Patangi Sanjay
DNB, Department of Anesthesiology, St John s Medical College Hospital, Bangalore 560034, Karnataka, India
Anesth Analg 99:339-43, table of contents. 2004..To assess the antiemetic property of midazolam, we undertook this double-blinded, randomized trial in 200 patients undergoing cardiac surgery involving ..
- Mild hypothermia decreases fentanyl and midazolam steady-state clearance in a rat model of cardiac arrestPhilip E Empey
Department of Pharmacy and Therapeutics, School of Medicine, Safar Center for Resuscitation Research, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Crit Care Med 40:1221-8. 2012..objectives were to determine the effect of mild hypothermia on the in vivo pharmacokinetics of fentanyl and midazolam, two clinically relevant cytochrome P450 3A substrates, after cardiac arrest and to investigate the mechanisms ..
- Intranasal midazolam therapy for pediatric status epilepticusTimothy R Wolfe
Department of Emergency Medicine, Jordan Valley Hospital, West Jordan, UT 84088, USA
Am J Emerg Med 24:343-6. 2006..Intranasal midazolam, which delivers antiepileptic medication directly to the blood and cerebrospinal fluid via the nasal mucosa, is ..
- Comparison of propofol/fentanyl versus ketamine/midazolam for brief orthopedic procedural sedation in a pediatric emergency departmentSandip A Godambe
Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, LeBonheur Children s Medical Center, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Pediatrics 112:116-23. 2003To compare the effectiveness of 2 medication regimens, propofol/fentanyl (P/F) and ketamine/midazolam (K/M), for brief orthopedic emergency department procedural sedation...
- Prehospital intranasal midazolam for the treatment of pediatric seizuresMaija Holsti
Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Primary Children s Medical Center University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84158, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 23:148-53. 2007The local emergency medical services (EMS) council implemented a new pediatric treatment protocol using a Mucosal Atomization Device (MAD) to deliver intranasal (IN) midazolam for seizure activity.
- Midazolam inhibits hippocampal long-term potentiation and learning through dual central and peripheral benzodiazepine receptor activation and neurosteroidogenesisKazuhiro Tokuda
Department of Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Neurosci 30:16788-95. 2010..In rat hippocampal slices, we compared midazolam, an anesthetic BDZ, with clonazepam, an anticonvulsant/anxiolytic BDZ that activates CBRs selectively...
- Safe and effective sedation in endoscopic submucosal dissection for early gastric cancer: a randomized comparison between propofol continuous infusion and intermittent midazolam injectionShinsuke Kiriyama
Department of Endoscopy, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Gastroenterol 45:831-7. 2010..The aim of this study was to compare the safety profiles and recovery scores propofol continuous infusion and intermittent midazolam (MDZ) injection as sedation for ESD.
- The efficacy of the COMFORT scale in assessing optimal sedation in critically ill children requiring mechanical ventilationHyun Seung Jin
Department of Pediatrics, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan, College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 22:693-7. 2007..7 cases). The total duration of sedation (8.0 days vs. 11.5 days) also tended to decrease. These findings suggest that application of protocol-based sedation with the COMPORT scale may benefit children requiring mechanical ventilation...
- The effects of the SLCO2B1 c.1457C > T polymorphism and apple juice on the pharmacokinetics of fexofenadine and midazolam in humansJunko Imanaga
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Oita University Faculty of Medicine, Oita, Japan
Pharmacogenet Genomics 21:84-93. 2011The objective was to determine the effects of the SLCO2B1 c.1457C> T polymorphism and apple juice on the pharmacokinetics of fexofenadine and midazolam in humans.
- Intrathecal midazolam added to bupivacaine improves the duration and quality of spinal anaesthesiaN Bharti
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 47:1101-5. 2003The antinociceptive action of intrathecal midazolam is well documented. In this prospective study, we investigated the addition of midazolam to intrathecal bupivacaine on the duration and quality of spinal blockade.
- Reemergence of stroke deficits with midazolam challengeRonald M Lazar
Department of Neurology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Stroke 33:283-5. 2002..a step toward assessing whether neurotransmitter systems underlie poststroke clinical improvement, we selected midazolam, a gamma-aminobutyric acid(A) (GABA(A)) agonist, for systemic administration to measure general or stroke-..
- Nasal midazolam effects on childhood acute seizuresT Fisgin
Department of Pediatric Hematology, Dr Sami Ulus Child Health and Disease Center, Ankara, Turkey
J Child Neurol 15:833-5. 2000..Sami Ulus Child Health and Disease Center, were included in this study. Midazolam (5 mg/mL) 0.2 mg/kg was administered intranasally in 30 seconds by an injector...
- Is intranasal midazolam an effective rescue medication in adolescents and adults with severe epilepsy?M Scheepers
Heathfield, 30 Denmark Road, Gloucester, GL1 3HZ, UK
Seizure 9:417-22. 2000The aim of this study was to determine whether intranasal midazolam is a safe and effective rescue medication in adolescent and adult patients with severe epilepsy...
- Early cognitive impairment after sedation for colonoscopy: the effect of adding midazolam and/or fentanyl to propofolUsha Padmanabhan
Department of Anaesthesia and Pain Management, Royal Melbourne Hospital, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Anesth Analg 109:1448-55. 2009..We sought to determine if the use of propofol alone results in less cognitive impairment at discharge than the use of propofol plus midazolam and/or fentanyl in patients presenting for elective outpatient colonoscopy.
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) in children sedated with propofol or midazolamMarco Gemma
Anesthesia and Intensive Care Unit, Head and Neck Department, Vita Salute University, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 21:253-8. 2009..This study compares the effect of propofol and midazolam on the fMRI auditory activation pattern in children...
- Olfactory fear conditioning paradigm in rats: effects of midazolam, propranolol or scopolamineJuliana A V Kroon
Departamento de Farmacologia, CCB, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, SC 88040 900, Brazil
Neurobiol Learn Mem 91:32-40. 2009..the study of fear-induced behavior and whether compounds used in humans for emotional-related disorders such as midazolam, propranolol, or scopolamine, applied during the different stages of fear conditioning (acquisition, ..
- Comparative study of the antiemetic efficacy of ondansetron, propofol and midazolam in the early postoperative periodH Unlugenc
Cukurova University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Anaesthesiology, Adana, Turkey
Eur J Anaesthesiol 20:668-73. 2003To compare the antiemetic efficacy of ondansetron with two different hypnotic drugs (propofol 15 mg, midazolam 1 and 2 mg) for the treatment of established postoperative nausea and vomiting (PONV).
- Cerebral microdialysis effects of propofol versus midazolam in severe traumatic brain injuryMichèle Tanguy
Département d anesthésie réanimation 1, Hopital de Pontchaillou, Cedex, France
J Neurotrauma 29:1105-10. 2012..The objective was to compare the effects of propofol to midazolam on cerebral biomarkers at the acute phase of severe TBI patients...
- Anticonvulsant treatment of sarin-induced seizures with nasal midazolam: an electrographic, behavioral, and histological study in freely moving ratsE Gilat
Department of Pharmacology, Israel Institute for Biological Research, Ness Ziona, 74100 Israel
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 209:74-85. 2005..Effective management of these seizures is critical for minimization of brain damage. Nasal application of midazolam (1...
- Ritonavir greatly impairs CYP3A activity in HIV infection with chronic viral hepatitisTamsin A Knox
Nutrition Infection Division, Department of Public Health and Family Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 49:358-68. 2008..Ritonavir is a powerful inhibitor of cytochrome P450 3A (CYP3A) that metabolizes many antiretrovirals. We examined the effect of ritonavir and of chronic viral hepatitis (CVH) status on CYP3A activity...
- Sedation for endoscopy: the safe use of propofol by general practitioner sedationistsAnthony C Clarke
Mugga Wara and Brindabella Endoscopy Centres, Canberra, ACT
Med J Aust 176:158-61. 2002..To determine the incidence of adverse events related to an endoscopy sedation regimen that included propofol, delivered by general practitioner (GP) sedationists...
- Comparison of intranasal midazolam with intravenous diazepam for treating acute seizures in childrenT Mahmoudian
Department of Child Neurology, Medical University of Isfahan, Isfahan, Iran
Epilepsy Behav 5:253-5. 2004b>Midazolam, a water-soluble benzodiazepine, is usually given intravenously in status epilepticus...
- Patient-controlled analgesia and sedation with alfentanyl versus fentanyl for colonoscopy: a randomized double blind studyBurhanettin Usta
Department of Anesthesiology, Fatih University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Clin Gastroenterol 45:e72-5. 2011....
- Does midazolam alter the clinical effects of intravenous ketamine sedation in children? A double-blind, randomized, controlled, emergency department trialJ E Wathen
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Emergency Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center The Children s Hospital, Denver, CO, USA
Ann Emerg Med 36:579-88. 2000..conducted to investigate the frequency and severity of adverse effects, specifically emergence phenomena, experienced by patients receiving intravenous ketamine with or without midazolam for sedation in a pediatric emergency department.
- Oral ketamine/midazolam is superior to intramuscular meperidine, promethazine, and chlorpromazine for pediatric cardiac catheterizationS M Auden
Departments of Anesthesiology, Pediatrics, and Family and Community Medicine of the University of Louisville and Kosair Children s Hospital, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Anesth Analg 90:299-305. 2000..We compared this IM combination to oral (PO) ketamine/midazolam in children having cardiac catheterization...
- Effects of pregnancy on CYP3A and P-glycoprotein activities as measured by disposition of midazolam and digoxin: a University of Washington specialized center of research studyM F Hebert
Department of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 84:248-53. 2008..evaluate the effects of pregnancy on CYP3A and P-glycoprotein (P-gp) activities, as measured by disposition of midazolam and digoxin, respectively. Thirteen women received digoxin (0.25 mg p.o.) and midazolam (2 mg p.o...
- Double-blind randomized controlled trial to determine extent of amnesia with midazolam given immediately before general anaesthesiaR Bulach
Department of Anaesthesia and Pain Management, Alfred Hospital, Commercial Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia
Br J Anaesth 94:300-5. 2005Anterograde, but not retrograde, amnesia has been demonstrated following midazolam administration. However, there have been no studies investigating whether or not immediate retrograde amnesia can be produced with midazolam.
- Bispectral analysis measures sedation and memory effects of propofol, midazolam, isoflurane, and alfentanil in healthy volunteersP S Glass
Department of Anesthesiology, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Anesthesiology 86:836-47. 1997..This study was designed to evaluate this relation for four commonly used anesthetic drugs: propofol, midazolam, isoflurane, and alfentanil.
- Neural correlates of cat odor-induced anxiety in rats: region-specific effects of the benzodiazepine midazolamIain S McGregor
School of Psychology, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales 2006, Australia
J Neurosci 24:4134-44. 2004..Rats received either midazolam (0.75 mg/kg, s.c...
- Reconsolidation of a morphine place preference: impact of the strength and age of memory on disruption by propranolol and midazolamM J F Robinson
Department of Psychology, McGill University, 1205 Dr Penfield Ave, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Behav Brain Res 213:201-7. 2010..reactivated drug-free, and immediately afterwards animals received an injection of propranolol (10mg/kg, SC), midazolam (1mg/kg, IP), both amnestic agents combined, or saline...
- Changes in respiratory pattern and arterial blood gases during sedation with propofol or midazolam in spinal anesthesiaM Yamakage
Department of Anesthesiology, Sapporo Medical University, School of Medicine, Hokkaido, Japan
J Clin Anesth 11:375-9. 1999To investigate changes in respiratory pattern and arterial blood gases during sedation with propofol or midazolam in spinal anesthesia.
- Midazolam challenge reinduces neurological deficits after transient ischemic attackRonald M Lazar
From the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Stroke 34:794-6. 2003..Having previously shown that an experimental challenge with the GABAA agonist midazolam in recovered stroke patients can reinduce the acute clinical state, we determined whether TIA patients would ..
- Short-term effects of intravenous benzodiazepines on autonomic neurocardiac regulation in humans: a comparison between midazolam, diazepam, and lorazepamMarcus W Agelink
Department of Neurocardiology, Institute of Biological Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Evangelical Clinics Gelsenkirchen, Ruhr University of Bochum, Germany
Crit Care Med 30:997-1006. 2002To evaluate the effects of intravenously applied diazepam, lorazepam, and midazolam on autonomic neurocardiac regulation assessed by standardized measurements of heart rate variability.
- Randomized, controlled, cross-over clinical trial comparing intravenous midazolam sedation with nitrous oxide sedation in children undergoing dental extractionsK E Wilson
Department of Sedation, Newcastle Dental School and Hospital, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4BW, UK
Br J Anaesth 91:850-6. 2003..A study was therefore designed to investigate the use of midazolam, for i.v. sedation in paediatric dental patients.
- The comparative dose-response effects of melatonin and midazolam for premedication of adult patients: a double-blinded, placebo-controlled studyM Naguib
Departments of Anesthesia, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City 52242 1009, USA
Anesth Analg 91:473-9. 2000..placebo-controlled study to compare the perioperative effects of different doses of melatonin and midazolam. Doses of 0.05, 0.1, or 0...
- Pharmacological properties of GABAA receptors containing gamma1 subunitsS Khom
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Vienna, Austria
Mol Pharmacol 69:640-9. 2006..Triazolam, clotiazepam, midazolam, 2-(4-methoxyphenyl)-2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10-octahydro-cyclohepta-(b)pyrazolo[4,3-d]pyridin-3-one (CGS 20625), 2-(4-..
- Co-regulation of CYP3A4 and CYP3A5 and contribution to hepatic and intestinal midazolam metabolismYvonne S Lin
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Mol Pharmacol 62:162-72. 2002..Overall, CYP3A5 protein content accounted for 31% of the variability in hepatic midazolam hydroxylation activity...
- A protocol of no sedation for critically ill patients receiving mechanical ventilation: a randomised trialThomas Strøm
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Odense University Hospital, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
Lancet 375:475-80. 2010..We aimed to establish whether duration of mechanical ventilation could be reduced with a protocol of no sedation versus daily interruption of sedation...
- Randomized controlled trial of intramuscular droperidol versus midazolam for violence and acute behavioral disturbance: the DORM studyGeoffrey K Isbister
Department of Clinical Toxicology and Pharmacology, Calvary Mater Newcastle, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Ann Emerg Med 56:392-401.e1. 2010We determine whether droperidol, midazolam, or the combination is more effective for intramuscular sedation in violent and acute behavioral disturbance in the emergency department (ED).
- Use of dexmedetomidine in the pediatric intensive care unitMarcia L Buck
Department of Pharmacy Services, University of Virginia Children s Hospital, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Pharmacotherapy 28:51-7. 2008..To determine the safety, effectiveness, and dosing of dexmedetomidine in intensive care infants and children who require sedation, and the rationale for patient selection...
- Influence of solute carriers on the pharmacokinetics of CYP3A4 probesR M Franke
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 84:704-9. 2008..There was no significant correlation between the erythromycin breath test (ERMBT) parameters and midazolam clearance in 30 cancer patients (R(2) < 0.01), regardless of their CYP3A5 genotype status...
- Maternal obesity depresses essential fatty acid transport in the placentaPERRIE F O'TIERNEY-GINN; Fiscal Year: 2012..The proposed studies will help us understand how obesity during pregnancy alters the placental transfer of nutrients from mother to child and how this impacts neonatal nutrition. ..
- Maternal obesity depresses essential fatty acid transport in the placentaPERRIE F O'TIERNEY-GINN; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Intranasal CNS delivery of drugs against organophosphorous threat agentsARYAN MANGALAM NAMBOODIRI; Fiscal Year: 2013..atropine to antagonize the action of excess acetylcholine formed at muscarinic receptors and 3) diazepam or midazolam to allosterically potentiate the action of inhibitory neurotransmitter -amino butyric acid (GABA) at GABAA ..
- Effectiveness and Safety of Antithrombotic Strategies after Joint ReplacementElaine Hylek; Fiscal Year: 2013..The public health significance is enormous given the projected need for joint replacement in this patient population. ..
- Interventions Targeting Inflammation for Chemotherapy-Related Cognitive ProblemsMICHELLE C JANELSINS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Janelsins'successful transition to an independent, R01- funded, clinical and translational investigator, and ultimately reduce the public health burden from CRCI. ..
- Regulation of Cytokinesis and Tumor Formation by RhoAANN LOUISE MILLER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, I will test whether cytokinesis failure induced by other Rho zone regulators, especially those that are up- or down-regulated or mutated in human tumors, promotes tumor formation. ..
- Rational polytherapy in the treatment of cholinergic seizuresClaude G Wasterlain; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose to explore combinations of the following drugs: 1/ Midazolam, a GABAA receptor agonist which is easily delivered intra-muscularly...
- New York-Presbyterian NETT ConsortiumStephan A Mayer; Fiscal Year: 2011..of therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrest, the Merci'clot retriever for acute ischemic stroke, midazolam infusion for refractory status epilepticus, and clinical trials evaluating neuroprotective agents for acute ..
- PGRMC1: A Regulator of CYP3A ActivityErin G Schuetz; Fiscal Year: 2010..by showing, among 530 human livers, a significant correlation between CYP3A4 mediated metabolism of both midazolam and testosterone and PGRMC1 mRNA expression, and a PGRMC1 associated genotype...
- Genetic Architecture of Rheumatoid Arthritis in African-AmericansMARIA IOANA DANILA; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project will greatly improve our understanding of the genetic influences on the RA risk and outcome and will provide essential training for Dr. Danila'development as an independent investigator. ..
- Emerging Infectious Diseases Training ProgramKathleen A McDonough; Fiscal Year: 2013..This application proposes to train pre- and postdoctoral scientists to combat such threats to the nation's public health. ..
- Caloric restriction and Alzheimers ABeta clearance pathwayBerislav V Zlokovic; Fiscal Year: 2013..We expect the proposal will establish a long-standing collaboration between the Zlokovic group and the LMIC site/PI's group. ..
- Training Program in Stem Cell and Regenerative Developmental BiologyCHRISTOPHER VYVIAN ERIC WRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2013..Career training opportunities in the form of group discussions and individual access are also presented. ..
- Sleep Intervention During Acute Lung InjurySairam Parthasarathy; Fiscal Year: 2013..strategies: central 12 adrenergic sedative-analgesic (dexmedetomidine) versus a conventional sedation strategy (midazolam and fentanyl) in a randomized, double blind, cross-over study...
- Design of New Therapeutic Agents to Treat SchizophreniaJames M Cook; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed work is significant because it represents the first step in a continuum of research to develop the first therapies for impaired cognitive function and negative symptoms of schizophrenia patients. ..
- Center for Health Insurance Reform, Cardiovascular Outcomes, and DisparitiesNancy R Kressin; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN BIOMEDICAL PHYSICSMichael F McNitt-Gray; Fiscal Year: 2013..It has the programmatic infrastructure in place for the program, it continues to innovate both in research and in teaching and most important, it has a dedicated and outstanding faculty. ..
- Multidisciplinary approaches to tumor immunologyKelvin P Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Effects of general vs. regional anesthesia on infant neurodevelopment and apneaMary Ellen McCann; Fiscal Year: 2013..Studies in animal models provide compelling evidence that commonly used agents (e.g., isoflurane, midazolam, nitrous oxide) enhance neuronal cell death in the immature brain, in some studies at doses lower than those ..
- Mentored Research on Improving Alcohol Brief Interventions in MedicalSettingsJENNIFER ELIN HETTEMA; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed research, along with my training plan, will contribute to my training goals of gaining mixed-methods Stage I research skills and experience in medical culture and research. ..
- Virology of the Central Nervous SystemJohn H Elder; Fiscal Year: 2010..Appointments will be for a minimum of two years, with three years the norm. ..
- Transdisciplinary Training for Predoctoral Behavioral ScientistsMelbourne F Hovell; Fiscal Year: 2012..This training program will equip behavioral scientists with the biological/biomedical background necessary to work collaboratively with biomedical investigators to prevent and control disease in populations. ..
- Characterization of a Novel Selective Cytochrome P450 3A5 SubstrateMICHAEL DARIN CAMERON; Fiscal Year: 2013..of almost every approved compound is generated using a CYP3A assay measuring testosterone hydroxylation or midazolam hydroxylation by pooled human liver microsomes...
- Oxidized-LDL, LOX-1 and angiogenesisJawahar L Mehta; Fiscal Year: 2013..Information gained from this study may also have relevance in the development of cancers which are dependent of neovasculature for their growth. ..
- THE EFFECT OF SEDATION ON PAIN PERCEPTIONMichael A Froelich; Fiscal Year: 2010..fashion, using established psychometric methods, the dose-dependent effect of two GABA-acting (propofol and midazolam) and one alpha-2-receptor agonist (dexmedetomidine) sedative drugs on the sensory-discriminative and the hedonic ..
- State University of New York (SUNY) Downstate NETT Clinical Site HubSTEVEN RICHARD LEVINE; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Impact of Hypothermia on Midazolam and Morphine PharmacokineticsAthena F Zuppa; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, our overarching hypothesis is that morphine and midazolam disposition will be affected by temperature management even when accounting for potentially confounding ..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS EMPHASIZING VISION RESEARCHGraeme Mardon; Fiscal Year: 2012..This program is designed to train new investigators with the appropriate knowledge and skills to make such contributions...
- Drugs of Abuse and Memory SpanJOSEPH MARK GALIZIO; Fiscal Year: 2012..have amnestic effects on olfactory memory using the span procedure including benzodiazepines (chlordiazepoxide, midazolam), NMDA antagonists (dizocilpine, ketamine), opiates (morphine), psychostimulants (methylphenidate, ..
- Predoctoral Training Program in Human GeneticsDavid Valle; Fiscal Year: 2013..The success of our graduates, who obtain postdoctoral positions in top laboratories and go on to productive academic careers in top universities, strongly supports this conclusion. ..
- Biomedical-Behavioral Interface: Prevention and Developmental Sciences TrainingRonald J Prinz; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Transplant Social Worker Support for Live Kidney Donation in African AmericansLEIGH E BOULWARE; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed study leverages our multidisciplinary team's substantial prior experience studying culturally sensitive interventions to overcome barriers to LDKT among African Americans. ..
- Postdoctoral Research Training in Eating DisordersCynthia M Bulik; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our trainees will continue their track record of successful proposals to NIH and other funding bodies to become established independent investigators and elevate eating disorders to the next level of scientific sophistication. ..
- UK NETT Clinical Site HubROGER LOYD HUMPHRIES; Fiscal Year: 2013..more than 50 subjects in the Phase 111 clinical trials undertaken within the NETT Network, to include RAMPART (midazolam v. lorazepam in status epilepticus), ALIAS Part 2 (albumin v...
- Interdisciplinary Training in Systems and Developmental Biology and Birth DefectsEthylin Wang Jabs; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposed training will undoubtedly produce future scientists ready for the new frontier of systems and developmental biology. ..
- Veterinarian Training in Laboratory Animal MedicineCraig L Franklin; Fiscal Year: 2013..On completion of the training program, trainees will have acquired the necessary skills to become successful laboratory animal veterinarians, leaders in their field and invaluable contributors to biomedical research. ..
- WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY PAUL CALABRESI CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWARD FOR CLINICAL ONCOLORamaswamy Govindan; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Garlic Metabolism and Cytochrome P450 ModulationDanny Shen; Fiscal Year: 2007..caffeine (1A2), buproprion (2B6), chlorzoxazone (2E1), tolbutamide (2C9), omeprazole (2C19), metoprolol (2D6), midazolam (3A4/5), and digoxin (Pgp), will be administered to a panel of healthy human volunteers at various times during ..
- Transplant Surgery Scientist Training ProgramMichael M Abecassis; Fiscal Year: 2013..Both tracks are required to take coursework in the responsible conduct of research. Both tracks uniquely prepare trainees to perform innovative, state-of-the-art research in transplant-related fields. ..
- Ontogeny of Voriconazole Pharmaockinetics and MetabolismMichael N Neely; Fiscal Year: 2013..of the IV voriconazole dose prior to the PK sampling, we will also give single IV microdoses of esomeprazole, midazolam, and ranitidine as a cocktail to probe CYP2C19, CYP3A4, and FOM3 activity, respectively...
- White matter degeneration: biomarkers in preclinical Alzheimer's DiseaseBARBARA BRIGITTA BENDLIN; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Cancer Nanotechnology in Imaging and RadiotherapyGayle E Woloschak; Fiscal Year: 2013..of Radiology and of Radiation &Cellular Oncology at the University of Chicago. The program will have strong links to Northwestern's Center for Cancer Nanotechnology Excellence. ..
- Prostanoid Modulators that Reduce Brain Injury After SeizuresRaymond J Dingledine; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Current medical countermeasures to nerve gas exposure such as midazolam and atropine are of doubtful general utility for civilian populations because they must be administered within minutes of an ..
- PROGRAM IN MOLECULAR BIOPHYSICSJULIETTE T LECOMTE; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Characterization of Toxicity with Spinal OpiatesTony L Yaksh; Fiscal Year: 2010..Hypothesis 4. Clonidine (alpha2 agonist) and midazolam (benzodiazepine) suppress MC activation and this will diminish granuloma formation...
- Replacement of GC Mass SpectrometerMichael J Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2010..Replacing our GC/MS with a new instrument having added capabilities will enhance the timely completion of NIH-funded research. ..
- CRCNS:Dissecting brain-computer interfaces:a manifold &feedback-control approachBYRON MING SHI YU; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular and Applied Nutrition Training ProgramRichard S Eisenstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..With renewed NIH support, the MANTP will continue to grow and refine its mission to provide the US scientific community with expertly trained PhD and MD nutritional scientists. ..
- Ketamine vs Midazolam: Testing Rapid Relief of Suicide Risk in DepressionMichael F Grunebaum; Fiscal Year: 2013..a rigorous clinical trial in suicidal depressed patients to test random assignment to IV infusion of ketamine or midazolam control followed by open continuation treatment with antidepressant medication plus supportive case management...
- Immunology of Infectious DiseaseJoAnne L Flynn; Fiscal Year: 2013..Two post-doctoral slots, at a level of 1-3 years post-degree, per year are requested. ..
- The Functional Anatomy of Adolescent ADHD: Defining Markers of RecoveryKaterina Velanova; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Training in Burn and Trauma ResearchRONALD GARY TOMPKINS; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Integrated, Interdisciplinary, Inter-university PHD Program Computational BiologyPanagiotis V Benos; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition to training the specific supported students, the program will aid in the development of novel teaching materials and practices of benefit to other training programs in computational biology. ..
- Optimization of IV Ketamine for Treatment Resistant Major DepressionSanjay J Mathew; Fiscal Year: 2012..a single IV infusion of ketamine has superior antidepressant efficacy compared to an active control agent (IV midazolam) in patients with TRD...
- MEDICAL SCIENTIST TRAINING PROGRAM AT TUFTS UNIVERSITYJames E Schwob; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our Program has graduated 68 trainees since its inception and 33 are currently enrolled. Five additional trainees are slated to matriculate this June. We are requesting funding for 12 positions in this application. ..
- Expert Memory: Superior Encoding, Enhanced Retrieval, and Refined PerceptionTIMOTHY E CURRAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, the drug midazolam will be used to simulate anterograde amnesia to gain a better understanding of how amnesia affects expert memory ..
- Tumor NMR Images are Affected by AnestheticNatarajan Raghunand; Fiscal Year: 2006..pentobarbital, and isoflurane, and one customized injectable anesthetic protocol: etomidate/fentanyl/midazolam. These investigations will be accomplished in SCID mice bearing HT-29 colon carcinoma xenografts...
- Drug Metabolism and Chronic Liver DiseaseRobert Branch; Fiscal Year: 2005..Part 2: Semi-simultaneous oral:intravenous administration with midazolam to measure intestinal and hepatic contributions to CYP3A metabolism and Part 3: oral administration of ..
- Training Program in Viral ReplicationLaimonis A Laimins; Fiscal Year: 2013..This is the goal ofthe current Viral Replication Training Program (VRTG) at Northwestern...
- Herb-Opioid InteractionsDanny Shen; Fiscal Year: 2003..and hepatic CYP3A4 through intravenous and oral administrations of a CYP3A-specific, in vivo catalytic probe -midazolam. The fentanyl arm of the study will 1) assess the effects of SJW on the brain uptake and efflux kinetics of ..
- NEOPAIN MULTICENTER TRIAL: DATA COORDINATING CENTERBruce Barton; Fiscal Year: 2001..5 percent of neonates during NICU care or invasive procedures. A pilot randomized trial of morphine, midazolam, or placebo therapy in 69 preterm neonates showed reduced behavioral responses to pain and evidence of decreased ..
- The Effect of Glutamatergic Modulation on Cocaine Self-AdministrationElias Dakwar; Fiscal Year: 2013..We predict that, compared to midazolam, ketamine will significantly reduce the number of cocaine choices during the choice session...
- ALCOHOL-INDUCED HEPATIC P450s IN HCV/HIV OXIDATE INJURYSTEVEN SHEDLOFSKY; Fiscal Year: 2003..P450 activities will be determined using the drug probes chlorzoxazone for CYP2EI and midazolam for CYP3A4. Theophylline will be used for CYP1A2...
- Interdisciplinary Training in Kidney-Related ResearchAnupam Agarwal; Fiscal Year: 2013..Fellows completing the program will be competitive candidates for academic research careers. ..
- Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development AwKelly Young; Fiscal Year: 2004..of the long-term effects of painful experiences; and 4) to test a pharmacological (intramuscular ketamine and midazolam) and a behavioral (blowing on a party blower) intervention for reducing the pain and stress response...
- TUMOR IMMUNOLOGYWilliam E Carson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Since the last renewal, four trainees from under-represented groups were recruited to this training program. ..
- ANESTHETIC MECHANISMS BY IN VIVO BRAIN IMAGINGFerenc Gyulai; Fiscal Year: 2004..antagonist, proves to be insensitive to increasing doses of muscimol, the binding of the benzodiazepine agonist midazolam will be used as a probe for GABAA-R function by measuring the displacement of 11C-FMZ by midazolam...
- FMRI Study of the Effects of DBS in Primary Generalized Dystonia (K23)Benjamin L Walter; Fiscal Year: 2010..This information may be useful for the treatment of other neurologic and psychiatric disorders for which DBS is now being explored. ..
- Impact of Pharmacology on Duration of Ventilation in Patients with Resp FailureAthena F Zuppa; Fiscal Year: 2012..Thus our hypothesis is that midazolam and morphine drug exposure and response will be affected by both non-heritable (e.g...
- Training in Biomedical Informatics at Columbia UniversityGEORGE M HRIPCSAK; Fiscal Year: 2013..The faculty, research staff, and students form a critical mass for providing a provocative environment for the seminars, journal clubs, and discussions. ..
- AGING EFFECT ON DRUG BIOAVAILABILITYStephen Hall; Fiscal Year: 1999..intestinal availability, intestinal intrinsic clearance, hepatic availability and hepatic intrinsic clearance of midazolam will be quantified in young and elderly, male and female human volunteers...
- ORAL BENZODIAZEPINE SELF ADMINISTRATIONRICHARD MEISCH; Fiscal Year: 1999..Thus, a training or acquisition procedure is necessary. With midazolam a fading procedure was used whereby increasing amounts of drug were added to an ethanol solution (that was ..