Genomes and Genes
Summary: Heterocyclic rings containing three nitrogen atoms, commonly in 1,2,4 or 1,3,5 or 2,4,6 formats. Some are used as HERBICIDES.
Publications310 found, 100 shown here
- Interaction of A2A adenosine and D2 dopamine receptors modulates corticostriatal glutamatergic transmissionAlessandro Tozzi
Clinica Neurologia, Universita di Perugia, Ospedale S Maria della Misericordia, 06156 Perugia, Italy
Neuropharmacology 53:783-9. 2007..These results suggest that A2A and D2 receptors converge in the control of corticostriatal glutamatergic transmission by exerting an opposite function...
- Agonist-bound adenosine A2A receptor structures reveal common features of GPCR activationGuillaume Lebon
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QH, UK
Nature 474:521-5. 2011....
- Involvement of a quorum-sensing-regulated lipase secreted by a clinical isolate of Burkholderia glumae in severe disease symptoms in riceGiulia Devescovi
Bacteriology Group, International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Padriciano 99, Trieste, Italy
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:4950-8. 2007..It is the first report of a clinical B. glumae isolate retaining strong rice pathogenicity and finally determined that B. glumae can undergo phenotypic conversion through a spontaneous mutation in the tofR regulator...
- Inhibition profiles of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase inhibitors against PI3K superfamily and human cancer cell line panel JFCR39Dexin Kong
Division of Molecular Pharmacology, Cancer Chemotherapy Center, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, 3 10 6, Ariake, Koto ku, Tokyo 135 8550, Japan
Eur J Cancer 46:1111-21. 2010..The biological implication of the difference in molecular target specificity of these PI3K inhibitors is under investigation...
- Immunomodulatory activity of vardenafil on induced lung inflammation in cystic fibrosis miceBob Lubamba
Louvain Centre for Toxicology and applied Pharmacology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
J Cyst Fibros 11:266-73. 2012..We tested the hypothesis that vardenafil, a common drug used for improving erectile dysfunction and able to partially normalize transepithelial chloride transport in cystic fibrosis (CF), modulates CF lung inflammation...
- Gene sequence and properties of an s-triazine ring-cleavage enzyme from Pseudomonas sp. strain NRRLB-12227J S Karns
USDA Agricultural Research Service, Natural Resources Institute, Soil Microbial Systems Laboratory, BARC West, Beltsville, Maryland 20705 2350, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 65:3512-7. 1999..strain NRRLB-12227, a strain that is capable of utilizing s-triazines as nitrogen sources...
- Dysregulated proinflammatory and fibrogenic phenotype of fibroblasts in cystic fibrosisFrancois Huaux
Louvain Centre for Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology LTAP, Institute of Experimental and Clinical Research IREC, Universite Catholique de Louvain UCL, Brussels, Belgium
PLoS ONE 8:e64341. 2013..Proinflammatory and fibrogenic functions of fibroblasts are upregulated in CF and are reduced by vardenafil. This study provides compelling new support for targeting cGMP signaling pathway in CF pharmacotherapy...
- Melamine-contaminated milk products induced urinary tract calculi in childrenLi Zhang
Department of Children s Health Care, The Children s Hospital of Zhejiang University School of Medicine and Zhejiang Key Laboratory for Diagnosis and Therapy of Neonatal Diseases, Hangzhou, 310003, China
World J Pediatr 5:31-5. 2009..This study aimed to investigate the prevalence, lesions, risk factors, clinical features, and management of children fed with the melamine-contaminated milk products...
- Effect of adenosine A(2A) receptor antagonists on L-DOPA-induced hydroxyl radical formation in rat striatumKrystyna Gołembiowska
Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, 12 Smetna Street, Kraków 31 343, Poland
Neurotox Res 15:155-66. 2009..Summing up, A(2A) antagonists, used as a supplement of L: -DOPA therapy, depending on the dose used, may have a beneficial or adverse effect on ongoing neurodegenerative processes and accompanying oxidative stress...
- The impact of pregnancy and childbirth on the metabolism of lamotrigineP B Pennell
Departments of Neurology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Neurology 62:292-5. 2004..LTG clearance progressively increased until 32 weeks' gestational age, reaching a peak of >330% of baseline, and then began to decline...
- Lamotrigine for neuroprotection in secondary progressive multiple sclerosis: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group trialRaju Kapoor
Department of Neuroinflammation, National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery and the Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, London, UK
Lancet Neurol 9:681-8. 2010..In this phase 2 trial, we aimed to assess whether the sodium-channel blocker lamotrigine is also neuroprotective in patients with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis...
- Long-term valproate and lamotrigine treatment may be a marker for reduced growth and bone mass in children with epilepsyC Y Guo
Department of Pediatrics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Epilepsia 42:1141-7. 2001..These alterations may be mediated primarily through reduced physical activity rather than through a direct link to the VPA and/or LTG therapy...
- Brivanib alaninate, a dual inhibitor of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor and fibroblast growth factor receptor tyrosine kinases, induces growth inhibition in mouse models of human hepatocellular carcinomaHung Huynh
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, Division of Cellular and Molecular Research, National Cancer Centre of Singapore, Singapore
Clin Cancer Res 14:6146-53. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine the antineoplastic activity of brivanib alaninate, a dual inhibitor of VEGF receptor (VEGFR) and FGF receptor (FGFR) signaling pathways...
- Antiangiogenic effect of ZSTK474, a novel phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase inhibitorDexin Kong
Division of Molecular Pharmacology, Cancer Chemotherapy Center, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Cancer 45:857-65. 2009..Together, these results suggest that ZSTK474 has potent antiangiogenic activity, which could be attributed to dual-target inhibitory properties: inhibition of VEGF secretion by cancer cells and inhibition of PI3K in endothelial cells...
- Melamine-contaminated powdered formula and urolithiasis in young childrenNa Guan
Peking University First Hospital, Beijing, China
N Engl J Med 360:1067-74. 2009..A recent epidemic of melamine contamination of baby formula in China has been associated with the development of urinary tract stones, though the clinical manifestations and predisposing factors are incompletely delineated...
- Pyrimethamine and WR99210 exert opposing selection on dihydrofolate reductase from Plasmodium vivaxMichele D Hastings
Department of Genome Sciences, University of Washington, Box 357730, Seattle, WA 98195 7730
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:13137-41. 2002..If that is the case, this novel class of DHFR inhibitors could provide effective and affordable treatment for chloroquine- and pyrimethamine-resistant vivax and falciparum malaria for many years to come...
- Effect of ZSTK474, a novel phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase inhibitor, on DNA-dependent protein kinaseDexin Kong
Division of Molecular Pharmacology, Cancer Chemotherapy Center, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 32:297-300. 2009..These results indicated that ZSTK474 was the most specific agent among these PI3K inhibitors...
- Development of an immunochromatographic strip test for rapid detection of melamine in raw milk, milk products and animal feedXiangmei Li
Department of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Veterinary Medicine, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, People s Republic of China
J Agric Food Chem 59:6064-70. 2011..The results demonstrate that the developed method is suitable for the onsite determination of MEL residues in a large number of samples...
- Selective abrogation of Th1 response by STA-5326, a potent IL-12/IL-23 inhibitorYumiko Wada
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp, Lexington, MA 02421, USA
Blood 109:1156-64. 2007..STA-5326 currently is being evaluated in phase 2 clinical trials in patients with Crohn disease and rheumatoid arthritis...
- Dose-dependent risk of malformations with antiepileptic drugs: an analysis of data from the EURAP epilepsy and pregnancy registryTorbjorn Tomson
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Lancet Neurol 10:609-17. 2011..We aimed to establish the risks of major congenital malformations after monotherapy exposure to four major antiepileptic drugs at different doses...
- Defining sequence space and reaction products within the cyanuric acid hydrolase (AtzD)/barbiturase protein familyJennifer L Seffernick
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Biophysics, University of Minnesota, St Paul, Minnesota, USA
J Bacteriol 194:4579-88. 2012....
- Quorum sensing and the LysR-type transcriptional activator ToxR regulate toxoflavin biosynthesis and transport in Burkholderia glumaeJinwoo Kim
School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Mol Microbiol 54:921-34. 2004..This is the first report that quorum sensing is involved in pathogenicity by the regulation of phytotoxin biosynthesis and its transport in plant pathogenic bacteria...
- ZSTK474 is an ATP-competitive inhibitor of class I phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase isoformsDexin Kong
Division of Molecular Pharmacology, Cancer Chemotherapy Center, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, 3 10 6 Ariake, Koto ku, Tokyo 135 8550, Japan
Cancer Sci 98:1638-42. 2007..Even at a concentration of 100 microM, ZSTK474 inhibited mammalian target of rapamycin activity rather weakly. These results indicate that ZSTK474 is an ATP-competitive pan-class I PI3K inhibitor...
- Telomerase downregulation induced by the G-quadruplex ligand 12459 in A549 cells is mediated by hTERT RNA alternative splicingDennis Gomez
Onco Pharmacologie, IFR53, UFR de Pharmacie, Universite de Reims Champagne Ardenne, 51096 Reims, France
Nucleic Acids Res 32:371-9. 2004..Differences of selectivity between 12459, BRACO19 and telomestatin for these hTERT quadruplexes may be important to explain their respective activity and inactivity against hTERT splicing...
- Preparation of monoclonal antibody for melamine and development of an indirect competitive ELISA for melamine detection in raw milk, milk powder, and animal feedsWeiwei Yin
The School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, People s Republic of China
J Agric Food Chem 58:8152-7. 2010..The intra-assay and interassay coefficients of variation were <12.0 and <13.0%, respectively. Finally, the application of the cELISA in quantity evaluation of MEL in various feeds from local markets was evaluated and discussed...
- Melamine toxicityCarl G Skinner
Department of Emergency Medicine, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, WA, USA
J Med Toxicol 6:50-5. 2010..Melamine ingestion has been implicated in stone formation when co-ingested with cyanuric acid, but will cause urinary stones in infants when large amounts of melamine alone are ingested...
- Prognostic factors for time to treatment failure and time to 12 months of remission for patients with focal epilepsy: post-hoc, subgroup analyses of data from the SANAD trialLaura Bonnett
Department of Biostatistics, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Lancet Neurol 11:331-40. 2012..Few prognostic models enable prediction of outcome; we therefore aimed to use data from the SANAD study to predict outcome overall and for patients receiving specific treatments...
- Evaluation of subchronic toxicity of pet food contaminated with melamine and cyanuric acid in ratsKun Chao Chen
Graduate Institute of Veterinary Pathobiology, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Toxicol Pathol 37:959-68. 2009..In conclusion, the combination ratio of cyanuric acid to melamine and the acidic urine content were two factors that, upon repeated exposure, determined the severity of the nephrotoxicity...
- Urinary tract abnormalities in Chinese rural children who consumed melamine-contaminated dairy products: a population-based screening and follow-up studyJian meng Liu
Peking University Institute of Reproductive and Child Health, Beijing, China
CMAJ 182:439-43. 2010..However, no studies have reported on the population-based prevalence of kidney damage among exposed children or on the condition of affected children after follow-up...
- Inhaled phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors restore chloride transport in cystic fibrosis miceB Lubamba
Louvain Centre for Toxicology and applied Pharmacology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Eur Respir J 37:72-8. 2011....
- Bone mineral density with lamotrigine monotherapy for epilepsyRaj D Sheth
Department of Neurology, University of Wisconsin at Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53792 5132, USA
Pediatr Neurol 37:250-4. 2007..006, P = 0.74) and >or=6 years of polytherapy (Spearman's correlation coefficient r = +0.12, P = 0.13), but not for lamotrigine. These data suggest that lamotrigine may not interfere with bone accrual...
- Clinical trial: irsogladine maleate, a mucosal protective drug, accelerates gastric ulcer healing after treatment for eradication of Helicobacter pylori infection--the results of a multicentre, double-blind, randomized clinical trial (IMPACT study)H Hiraishi
Department of Gastroenterology, Dokkyo Medical University, Mibu, Tochigi, Japan
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 31:824-33. 2010..Helicobacter pylori eradication therapy alone is not sufficient to heal all gastric ulcers...
- Toltrazuril and sulphonamide treatment against naturally Isospora suis infected suckling piglets: is there an actual profit?Antonio Scala
Department of Animal Biology, Section of Parasitology and Parasitic Diseases, Universita degli Studi, 07100 Sassari, Italy
Vet Parasitol 163:362-5. 2009..001). The budgeting analysis showed a return of economic benefit of euro 0.915 per toltrazuril-treated piglets and an additional cost of euro 1.155 per sulphonamide-treated piglets...
- Monitoring terbutryn pollution in small rivers of Hesse, GermanyKristin Quednow
J W Goethe University Frankfurt am Main, Institute of Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences, Department of Environmental Analytical Chemistry, Altenhoferallee 1, 60438, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Environ Monit 9:1337-43. 2007..The potential for mobilization of terbutryn from sediments and leaching from soils are discussed...
- First report of lamotrigine-induced drug rash with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms syndrome with pancreatitisGuillaume Roquin
Service d Hepato gastro enterologie, CHU Angers, Angers, France
Ann Pharmacother 44:1998-2000. 2010..To report a case of lamotrigine-induced drug rash with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms (DRESS) syndrome with pancreatitis as the initial visceral involvement...
- The quorum sensing-dependent gene katG of Burkholderia glumae is important for protection from visible lightHeejin Chun
Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Bacteriol 191:4152-7. 2009..This suggests that KatG is a major catalase that protects bacterial cells from visible light, which probably results in less severe disease caused by the katG mutant...
- Structural and functional analysis of phytotoxin toxoflavin-degrading enzymeWoo Suk Jung
Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
PLoS ONE 6:e22443. 2011..These results provide the structural features of TxDE and the early events in catalysis...
- Tirapazamine: from bench to clinical trialsLoredana Marcu
Royal Adelaide Hospital, Department of Medical Physics, University of Adelaide, School of Chemistry and Physics, Adelaide, Australia
Curr Clin Pharmacol 1:71-9. 2006..While the current number of phase III trials limits comprehensive conclusions about the administration of this drug, there is a unanimous indication that further clinical studies are warranted...
- Hypoxia-targeting by tirapazamine (TPZ) induces preferential growth inhibition of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells with Chk1/2 activationBo Hong
Cancer Signaling Laboratory, Department of Clinical Oncology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, New Territories, Hong Kong
Invest New Drugs 29:401-10. 2011..In summary, encouraging results from this proof-of-concept study implicate the therapeutic potential of hypoxia-targeting approaches for the treatment of NPC...
- Cell senescence and telomere shortening induced by a new series of specific G-quadruplex DNA ligandsJ F Riou
Aventis Pharma SA, Centre de Recherche de Paris, 13 quai Jules Guesde, BP 14, 94403 Vitry sur Seine, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:2672-7. 2002..Our data show that a G-quadruplex interacting agent is able to impair telomerase function in a tumor cell thus providing a basis for the development of new anticancer agents...
- Effect of adenosine A(2A) receptor antagonists and L-DOPA on hydroxyl radical, glutamate and dopamine in the striatum of 6-OHDA-treated ratsKrystyna Gołembiowska
Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, 12 Smetna Street, 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Neurotox Res 21:222-30. 2012..Administration of L-DOPA in combination with CSC or ZM 241385, by restoring striatal DA-glutamate balance, suppressed 6-OHDA-induced overproduction of hydroxyl radical...
- Structure-based discovery of novel chemotypes for adenosine A(2A) receptor antagonistsVSEVOLOD KATRITCH
Department of Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Med Chem 53:1799-809. 2010..High success rate, novelty, and diversity of the chemical scaffolds and strong ligand efficiency of the A(2A)AR antagonists identified in this study suggest practical applicability of receptor-based VLS in GPCR drug discovery...
- Development and stability of insecticide resistance in the leafminer Liriomyza trifolii (Diptera: Agromyzidae) to cyromazine, abamectin, and spinosadJ Scott Ferguson
Syngenta Crop Protection, 7145 58th Avenue, Vero Beach, FL 32967, USA
J Econ Entomol 97:112-9. 2004..GA-1 reverted in five generations to abamectin. Based on the results, resistance to these three insecticides was unstable. Additionally, there was no cross-resistance among these three insecticides...
- Synthesis and in vivo evaluation of a novel 5-HT1A receptor agonist radioligand [O-methyl- 11C]2-(4-(4-(2-methoxyphenyl)piperazin-1-yl)butyl)-4-methyl-1,2,4-triazine-3,5(2H,4H)dione in nonhuman primatesJ S Dileep Kumar
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, USA
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 34:1050-60. 2007..We now report the synthesis and evaluation of [11C]MMP as an agonist PET tracer for 5-HT1A receptors in baboons...
- Effects of sub-chronic exposure to terbutryn in common carp (Cyprinus carpio L.)J Velisek
University of South Bohemia Ceske Budejovice, Faculty of Fisheries and Protection of Waters, Research Institute of Fish Culture and Hydrobiology, Vodnany, Czech Republic
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 73:384-90. 2010..Cell shape changes and lipid inclusions were found in hepatocytes, and there was destruction of caudal kidney tubules when compared to control fish...
- Melamine and cyanuric acid-induced crystalluria, uroliths, and nephrotoxicity in dogs and catsCarl A Osborne
Veterinary Clinical Sciences Department, Minnesota Urolith Center, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota, 1352 Boyd Avenue, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 39:1-14. 2009..Case studies, including clinical, pathology, histology, and toxicology findings, are presented. An attempt is being made to identify the minerals in the uroliths and kidney tissues of affected animals...
- Effects of subchronic metribuzin exposure on common carp (Cyprinus carpio)Helena Modra
Department of Veterinary Public Health and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Hygiene and Ecology, University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno, Czech Republic
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 29:669-74. 2008..Effects of metribuzin on biochemical and haematological indices, induction of specific biomarkers and impacts on biometric parameters of Cyprinus carpio were investigated for subchronic conditions...
- Discovery and preclinical studies of (R)-1-(4-(4-fluoro-2-methyl-1H-indol-5-yloxy)-5- methylpyrrolo[2,1-f][1,2,4]triazin-6-yloxy)propan- 2-ol (BMS-540215), an in vivo active potent VEGFR-2 inhibitorRajeev S Bhide
Bristol Myers Squibb, Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Princeton, New Jersey 08543 4000, USA
J Med Chem 49:2143-6. 2006..The l-alanine prodrug of 12, BMS-582664 (21), is currently under evaluation in clinical trials for the treatment of solid tumors...
- Effects of acute exposure to metribuzin on some hematological, biochemical and histopathological parameters of common carp (Cyprinus carpio L.)J Velisek
Research Institute of Fish Culture and Hydrobiology Vodnany, University of South Bohemia Ceske Budejovice, Zatisi 728 II, 389 25 Vodnany, Czech Republic
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 82:492-5. 2009..Histopathological examination revealed hyaline degeneration of the epithelial cells of renal tubules of the caudal kidney. This alteration of kidney resulted in hypoproteinemia, followed by generation of transudate in body cavity...
- Structure of the adenosine A(2A) receptor in complex with ZM241385 and the xanthines XAC and caffeineAndrew S Doré
Heptares Therapeutics Ltd, BioPark, Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL7 3AX, UK
Structure 19:1283-93. 2011..The structures provide new insight into the features that define the ligand binding pocket of the adenosine receptor for ligands of diverse chemotypes as well as the cytoplasmic regions that interact with signal transduction proteins...
- Kinetic study of the degradation of the insecticide pymetrozine in a vegetable-field ecosystemGuoqing Shen
Department of Environment and Resource, College of Agriculture and Biology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, PR China
J Hazard Mater 164:497-501. 2009..A dosage of 300 g a.i.hm(-2) was suggested, which is considered to be safe for human beings. These results contribute to establishing the scientific basis of the dosage of pymetrozine for use in vegetable-field ecosystems...
- Biophysical mapping of the adenosine A2A receptorAndrei Zhukov
Heptares Therapeutics Limited, BioPark, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, UK
J Med Chem 54:4312-23. 2011..Results of biophysical mapping of the adenosine A(2A) receptor are presented...
- Diagnosis and spectrum of melamine-related renal disease: plausible mechanism of stone formation in humansChing Wan Lam
Department of Pathology, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Clin Chim Acta 402:150-5. 2009..An epidemic of urinary stones affecting children after consumption of melamine tainted milk is unfolding. We defined clinicopathological features of the disease for diagnosis, monitoring, and treatment of this group of patients...
- Gestation-induced changes in lamotrigine pharmacokinetics: a monotherapy studyG J de Haan
Department of Neurology and Epileptology, Epilepsy Institute of the Netherlands SEIN, Heemstede, The Netherlands
Neurology 63:571-3. 2004..Frequent LTG level monitoring and appropriate dose adjustments are advised in the period before and during pregnancy and after delivery, especially in women on LTG monotherapy...
- Preclinical evidence that sildenafil and vardenafil activate chloride transport in cystic fibrosisBob Lubamba
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 177:506-15. 2008..The effect was observed in vitro and in the presence of doses roughly 300 times larger than those commonly used for treating erectile dysfunction...
- A comparison of the antinociceptive effects of voltage-activated Na+ channel blockers in two rat models of neuropathic painHelle Kirstein Erichsen
Department of Pharmacology, Neurosearch A S, 93 Pederstrupvej, DK 2750, Ballerup, Denmark
Eur J Pharmacol 458:275-82. 2003..They also show that these drugs can have markedly different effects on distinct neuropathic pain-related behaviours within models...
- Stabilization of the c-myc gene promoter quadruplex by specific ligands' inhibitors of telomeraseThibault Lemarteleur
Laboratoire d Onco Pharmacologie, JE 2428, UFR de Pharmacie, Universite de Reims Champagne Ardenne, 51096 Reims, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 323:802-8. 2004..This work provides evidence that G-quadruplex ligands reported as telomerase inhibitors efficiently stabilized c-myc promoter intramolecular quadruplex and may also potentially be used to inhibit c-myc gene transcription in tumor cells...
- Effects of intrathecally administered lamotrigine, a glutamate release inhibitor, on short- and long-term models of hyperalgesia in ratsJ G Klamt
Department of Surgery, Orthopedics, and Traumatology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto USP, Brazil
Anesthesiology 88:487-94. 1998....
- Melamine toxicity and the kidneyAnthony Kai ching Hau
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Prince of Wales Hospital, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
J Am Soc Nephrol 20:245-50. 2009..We also examine the renal toxicities of melamine and cyanuric acid--a by-product of its synthesis--and the associated risk factors on exposure and provide guidance on levels in foods...
- Effects of diclazuril on apoptosis and mitochondrial transmembrane potential in second-generation merozoites of Eimeria tenellaBianhua Zhou
Key Laboratory of Veterinary Drug Safety Evaluation and Residues Research, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Shanghai Veterinary Research Institute, CAAS, Shanghai, PR China
Vet Parasitol 168:217-22. 2010..tenella...
- Type I nitroreductases in soil enterobacteria reduce TNT (2,4,6,-trinitrotoluene) and RDX (hexahydro-1,3,5-trinitro-1,3,5-triazine)C L Kitts
Environmental Biotechnology Institute, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo 93407, USA
Can J Microbiol 46:278-82. 2000..morganii. We conclude that a type I nitroreductase present in these two enteric bacteria was responsible for the nitroreduction of both types of explosive...
- Diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of 25 patients with melamine-induced kidney stones complicated by acute obstructive renal failure in Beijing Children's HospitalQiang Sun
Department of Nephrology, Beijing Children s Hospital Affiliated to Capital Medical University, Beijing, China, 100045
Eur J Pediatr 169:483-9. 2010..Providing liquid orally or intravenously plus alkalisation of urine proved to promote the removal of the stones. Follow-up of 12 to 17 months after discharge showed no sequelae...
- The antiangiogenic activity in xenograft models of brivanib, a dual inhibitor of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 and fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 kinasesRajeev S Bhide
Bristol Myers Squibb Research and Development, Princeton, New Jersey 08540, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 9:369-78. 2010..These results show that brivanib alaninate is an effective antitumor agent in preclinical models across a range of doses, and that efficacy is accompanied by changes in cellular and vascular activities...
- Vardenafil in pulmonary arterial hypertension: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyZhi Cheng Jing
Department of Cardio Pulmonary Circulation, Shanghai Pulmonary Hospital, Tongji University School of Medicine, 507 Zhengmin Road, Shanghai 200433, China
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 183:1723-9. 2011....
- Identification and characterization of toxicity of contaminants in pet food leading to an outbreak of renal toxicity in cats and dogsRoy L M Dobson
The Procter and Gamble Company, Cincinnati, Ohio 45253, USA
Toxicol Sci 106:251-62. 2008..Melamine and cyanuric acid, have been tested and do not produce acute renal toxicity. Some of the triazines have poor solubility, as does the compound melamine cyanurate...
- Determination and confirmation of melamine residues in catfish, trout, tilapia, salmon, and shrimp by liquid chromatography with tandem mass spectrometryWendy C Andersen
Animal Drugs Research Center and Denver District Laboratory, U S Food and Drug Administration, Denver Federal Center, P O Box 25087, Denver, Colorado 80225 0087, USA
J Agric Food Chem 56:4340-7. 2008..MEL residues were found in edible tissues from all of the fish with concentrations ranging from 0.011 to 210 mg/kg (ppm). Incurred shrimp and a survey of market seafood products were also analyzed as part of this study...
- Targeted delivery of compounds to Trypanosoma brucei using the melamine motifConstance Chollet
Division of Biological Chemistry and Drug Discovery, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Sir James Black Centre, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
Bioorg Med Chem 17:2512-23. 2009..The classes reported here are fluoroquinolones, difluoromethylornithine and artesunate derivatives...
- Pharmacokinetics of melamine in pigs following intravenous administrationRonald E Baynes
Food Animal Residue Avoidance Databank, Center for Chemical Toxicology Research and Pharmacokinetics, North Carolina State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
Food Chem Toxicol 46:1196-200. 2008....
- Triazines in the aquatic systems of the Eastern Chinese Rivers Liao-He and YangtseMarion Gfrerer
Technical University of Graz, Institute of Analytical Chemistry, Micro and Radiochemistry, Austria
Chemosphere 47:455-66. 2002..simazine, propazine, simetryn and prometryn were observed in this season as a result of the actual use of triazines. Finally, after the high water period in autumn the triazine concentrations decreased...
- Development of morphine induced tolerance and withdrawal symptoms is attenuated by lamotrigine and magnesium sulfate in miceB Habibi-asl
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, Tabriz University Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
Pak J Biol Sci 12:798-803. 2009....
- mGlu5 and adenosine A2A receptor interactions regulate the conditioned effects of cocaineRobyn M Brown
Florey Neuroscience Institutes, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 15:995-1001. 2012..This functional interaction is supported by modulation of 4-(2-[7-amino-2-[2-furyl][1,2,4]triazolol[2,3-a][1,3,5]triazin-5-yl-amino]ethyl)phenol ([125I]ZM241385) binding to the A2A receptor by MTEP...
- Phytotoxicity to and uptake of RDX by riceM Vila
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, UMR 1089 Xenobiotiques, 180, Chemin de Tournefeuille, BP3, 31931 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Environ Pollut 145:813-7. 2007..Analyzes of leaf extracts showed that 95% of radioactivity was RDX in its parent form. Necrosis appears to be a phytotoxic symptom of RDX accumulation...
- The rapid establishment and implications of a melamine-induced standardized bladder stone model in miceChang fu Xu
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Xi an Jiaotong University, 76 West Yanta Road, Xi an 710061, China
Food Chem Toxicol 49:3013-7. 2011....
- The clinical analysis of young children's urolithiasis due to melamine-tainted infant formulaDa Qing Sun
Department of Vascular Surgery, Second Hospital of Shandong University, 100 Haoyuan, 44 Wenhua Xi Road, 250012 Jinan, Shandong, China
World J Urol 28:603-7. 2010..To analyze etiology, clinical features, effective diagnostic methods and therapeutic efficacy of infant urolithiasis related to melamine...
- Toxicity and uptake of cyclic nitramine explosives in ryegrass Lolium perenneSylvie Rocheleau
Biotechnology Research Institute, National Research Council of Canada, 6100 Royalmount Avenue, Montreal, Quebec H4P 2R2, Canada
Environ Pollut 156:199-206. 2008..These studies showed that RDX, HMX, and CL-20 can accumulate in plants and may potentially pose a risk of biomagnification across the food chain...
- 3-Amino-8-hydroxy-4-imino-6-methyl-5-phenyl-4,5-dihydro-3H-chromeno [2,3-d]pyrimidine: an effecient key precursor for novel synthesis of some interesting triazines and triazepines as potential anti-tumor agentsMohamed G Badrey
Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, Fayoum University, El Fayoum, 63514, Egypt
Molecules 17:11538-53. 2012..Finally, the antitumor activity of the new compounds 4a and 8a against human breast cell MCF-7 line and liver carcinoma cell line HepG2 were recorded...
- Compost and vermicompost of olive cake to bioremediate triazines-contaminated soilLaura Delgado-Moreno
Estación Experimental del Zaidín CSIC, Dpto de Geoquímica Ambiental, C Profesor Albareda, 1 18008 Granada, Spain
Sci Total Environ 407:1489-95. 2009..out in sterile and microbially active soil to evaluate the effect of the chemical and biological degradation of triazines. The residual herbicide concentrations at the end of the degradation assay showed no significant differences ..
- Effects, transfer, and fate of RDX from aged soil in plants and wormsE P H Best
US Army Engineer Research and Development Center, Environmental Laboratory, 3909 Halls Ferry Road, Vicksburg, MS 39180, USA
Chemosphere 62:616-25. 2006....
- Efficacy of various anticoccidials against experimental porcine neonatal isosporosisH C Mundt
Bayer HealthCare AG, Animal Health, Clinical Development, Leverkusen, Germany
Parasitol Res 100:401-11. 2007..Reduced weight gain and diarrhoea caused by Isospora suis was controlled by a single application of Toltra in the pre-patent period, while neither diclazuril nor sulphadimidine improved the clinical picture of isosporosis...
- Adenosine A 2A receptor antagonists prevent the increase in striatal glutamate levels induced by glutamate uptake inhibitorsA Pintor
Department of Pharmacology, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Roma, Italy
J Neurochem 89:152-6. 2004....
- Follow-up results of children with melamine induced urolithiasis: a prospective observational cohort studyJian Gao
Department of Nephrology, Children s Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai, 201102, China
World J Pediatr 7:232-9. 2011..We hypothesized that urolithiasis induced by melamine-contaminated milk powder may be associated with secondary renal injury...
- Rapid detection of melamine adulteration in dairy milk by SB-ATR-Fourier transform infrared spectroscopySana Jawaid
National Center of Excellence in Analytical Chemistry, University of Sindh, Jamshoro 76080, Pakistan
Food Chem 141:3066-71. 2013..0625%. The LOD and LOQ of the method was 0.00025% (2.5 ppm) and 0.0015% (15 ppm) respectively. Proposed SB-ATR-FTIR method requires little or no sample preparation with an assay time of 1-2 min...
- The 2.6 angstrom crystal structure of a human A2A adenosine receptor bound to an antagonistVeli Pekka Jaakola
Department of Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037 USA
Science 322:1211-7. 2008....
- Detection of s-triazine pesticides in natural waters by modified large-volume direct injection HPLCDavid J Beale
School of Applied Sciences, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
Talanta 82:668-74. 2010....
- Analysis of triazines by capillary electrochromatography/electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry using a low-flow sheath liquid interfaceChia Hao Chang
Department of Chemistry, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Electrophoresis 27:4303-11. 2006..The combination of a tapered CEC column and a low-flow interface confers several advantages including better sensitivity, low dead volume, and independent control of the conditions used for CEC separation and ESI analysis...
- Fate of RDX and TNT in agronomic plantsM Vila
INRA, UMR1089 Xenobiotiques, Toulouse, France
Environ Pollut 148:148-54. 2007..Concentrations of TNT residues were 20 times lower than for RDX uptake. TNT was highly metabolized to bound residues (more than 50% of radioactivity) whereas RDX was mainly found in its parent form in aerial parts...
- Determination of pesticides in surface and ground waters by liquid chromatography-electrospray-tandem mass spectrometryNikolina Dujaković
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Technology and Metallurgy, University of Belgrade, Karnegijeva 4, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Anal Chim Acta 678:63-72. 2010..to seven chemical classes (organophosphates, neonicotinoids, carbamates, diacylhydrazines, benzimidazoles, triazines and phenylureas)...
- [Follow-up study on children with urinary calculi associated with exposure to melamine-contaminated formula]Yan Mei Chang
Department of Pediatrics, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing 100191, China
Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi 12:278-9. 2010..To understand the prognosis of the children with urinary calculi associated with exposure to melamine-contaminated formula...
- Melamine-related urinary stones in 195 infants and young children: clinical features within 2 years of follow-upJian Guo Wen
Urodynamic Center, Department of Urology of the First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Institute of Clinical Medicine of Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, China jgwen zzu edu cn
Urol Int 87:429-33. 2011..To summarize the clinical features and follow-up, the effects of melamine-tainted milk powder (MMP) consumption on kidney and body growth in children who suffered from melamine-related urinary stones (MUS) 2 years earlier were checked...
- Headspace solid-phase microextraction using a dodecylsulfate-doped polypyrrole film coupled to ion mobility spectrometry for the simultaneous determination of atrazine and ametryn in soil and water samplesAbdorreza Mohammadi
Department of Chemistry, Factually of Science, Tarbiat Modares University, P O Box 14115 175, Tehran, Iran
Talanta 78:1107-14. 2009..Finally, comparing the HS-SPME results for extraction and determination of selected triazines using PPy-DS fiber with the other methods in literature shows that the proposed method has comparable detection ..
- Acceptability of Carraguard vaginal gel use among Thai couplesSara J Whitehead
National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STDs, and Tuberculosis Prevention proposed, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, USA
AIDS 20:2141-8. 2006..To evaluate the acceptability of candidate microbicide Carraguard among couples participating in a safety trial...
- Effect of irsogladine maleate on NSAID-induced reduction of gastric mucosal blood flow in anesthetized dogsMotonori Sato
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kawasaki Medical School, Okayama 701 0192, Japan
Digestion 79:73-8. 2009....
- Irsogladine, an anti-ulcer drug, suppresses superoxide production by inhibiting phosphodiesterase type 4 in human neutrophilsTakashi Kyoi
Research Laboratories, Nippon Shinyaku Co, Ltd, 14 Nishinosho Monguchi cho, Kisshoin, Minami Ku, Kyoto 601 8550, Japan
Life Sci 76:71-83. 2004....
- Immunochromatographic assay with photometric detection for rapid determination of the herbicide atrazine and other triazines in foodstuffsNadezhda A Byzova
Institute of Biochemistry Russian Academy of Science, Leninsky Prospect 33, 119071 Moscow, Russia
J AOAC Int 93:36-43. 2010..Cross-reactivities of structurally similar herbicides correlated well for the proposed assay and traditional microplate ELISA. The applicability of the developed system for atrazine detection in milk and juices was confirmed...
- Antitumor activity of ZSTK474, a new phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase inhibitorShin ichi Yaguchi
Division of Molecular Pharmacology, Cancer Chemotherapy Center, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Ariake, Tokyo, Japan
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:545-56. 2006..We identified its molecular target, investigated its effects on cellular signaling pathways, and examined its antitumor efficacy and toxicity in vivo...
- Lamotrigine and the risk of fulminant hepatic failureDebbie Shawcross
Lancet 371:649-50. 2008
- Dress syndrome and fulminant hepatic failure induced by lamotrigineMarcelo Fabián Amante
Department of Pathology, Dr Cosme Argerich General Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Ann Hepatol 8:75-7. 2009..In conclusion, we suggest that these potentially fatal side effects should be considered in any patient with clinical deterioration following administration of this drug...
- Tirapazamine: a novel agent targeting hypoxic tumor cellsSrini B Reddy
University of Kansas Medical Center, Division of Hematology Oncology, 2330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Suite 210, Westwood, KS 66205, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 18:77-87. 2009..Tirapazamine (TPZ) is a newer class of cytotoxic drugs with selective toxicity towards hypoxic mammalian cells...
- Synthesis and antileishmanial activity of novel 2,4,6-trisubstituted pyrimidines and 1,3,5-triazinesNaresh Sunduru
Division of Medicinal Chemistry, Central Drug Research Institute, MG Road, Lucknow 226001, UP, India
Eur J Med Chem 44:2473-81. 2009A series of 2,4,6-trisubstituted pyrimidines and 1,3,5-triazines have been synthesized and screened for their in vitro and in vivo antileishmanial activity against Leishmania donovani...
- Bacterial chemotaxis to atrazine and related s-triazinesXianxian Liu
Department of Microbiology, College of Biological Sciences, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:5481-8. 2009..In addition, the nonmetabolized s-triazine ametryn was also an attractant. The chemotactic response to these s-triazines was not specifically induced during growth with atrazine, and atrazine metabolism was not required for the ..
- Phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors in pulmonary arterial hypertensionDavid Montani
Universite Paris Sud, Orsay, France
Adv Ther 26:813-25. 2009..Due to their clinical effectiveness, tolerance profile, and their oral administration, sildenafil and tadalafil are two of the recommended first-line therapies for PAH patients in World Health Organization functional classes II or III...
- Preclinical Development of PS-26 - an OxybiguanideDavid Jacobus; Fiscal Year: 2003..The PS series of drugs are biguanides that are metabolized to triazines that also inhibit the P. falciparum DHFR...
- MOLECULAR AND ELECTRONIC STRUCTURES OF ANTIFOLATE DRUGSVivian Cody; Fiscal Year: 1991..structures of selected members from four antifolate classes (lipophilic diaminopyrimidines, soluble diamino s-triazines, lipophilic quinazolines, and side chain modified antifolate pteridines), (2) description of their molecular and ..
- CORRELATION OF BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY AND STRUCTURECorwin Hansch; Fiscal Year: 1980..of two classes (5-(X-benzyl)-2,4-diaminopyrimidines and 4,6-diamino-1,2-dihydro-2,2-dimethyl-1-(3-X-phenyl)-s-triazines) of inhibitors of dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) will continue...
- Bipolar Statistical Summit:Methodologies to Advance Long Term Intervention TrialsCharles Bowden; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Treating Asthma Patients with Major Depressive DisorderE Sherwood Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- HIPPOCAMPAL FUNCTION DURING CORTICOSTEROID THERAPYE Sherwood Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004..Through this award, the Pl will extend his previous research experience by adding new skills and knowledge which will be used for investigations at the interface of neuroscience and clinical research. ..
- Naltrexone for Bipolar Disorder and Alcohol DependenceE Sherwood Brown; Fiscal Year: 2006..Alcohol use is the primary outcome, and alcohol craving is the secondary outcome. Manic and depressive symptom severity and the relationship between changes in alcohol use and changes in mood will be expIored. ..
- Defining Molecular Markers for Tumor HypoxiaQUYNH THU XUAN LE; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Divalproex sodium and Risperidone in Pediatric Bipolar DisorderMani Pavuluri; Fiscal Year: 2007..During five years, 40 outpatient subjects with PBD manic or mixed episodes, ages 8-17 years, referred to the UI Pediatric Mood Disorder Clinic will be recruited. ..
- Sexual Dysfunction and Diabetes:Look AHEAD Sub-StudyStephen Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2006..iii) Finally, the proposed sub-study will investigate the relationship between changes in sexual function and quality of life outcomes. ..
- Acute Treatment of Bipolar II DepressionPATRICIA SUPPES; Fiscal Year: 2005..This pilot study will provide data addressing the aims and sample size needed for a full-scale intervention trial. ..
- Pharmacotherapy for Minor DepressionRobert Howland; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study will have profound public health implications by improving our understanding of the efficacy of SJW and standard antidepressants for the treatment of MinorD. ..
- PDE-5 Inhibition in HIV+ and HIV- MenRaymond Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2005..Key personnel for the project are Raymond C. Rosen, Ph.D., Professor of Psychiatry and Medicine at UMDNJ, who will serve as PI, and Joseph Catania, PhD, co-PI, from the AIDS Research Institute at UCSF. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of PDE5 RegulationJackie Corbin; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results of these studies will provide a basis for understanding fundamental questions relating to cGMP signaling in many tissues. ..
- Neurodevelopmental Effects of Antiepileptic Drugs IIKimford Meador; Fiscal Year: 2009..The NEAD study has an invaluable cohort, and the results of this continuation proposal will impact the clinical management of women receiving these medications, and improve the health of their children. ..
- Molecular Control of cGMP Signaling by PKGs and PDEsJackie Corbin; Fiscal Year: 2007..A thorough physical and biochemical characterization of PDE11 will be carded out, and the likelihood of regulation of this enzyme by ligand binding to its GAF domains or by enzyme phosphorylation will be explored. ..
- PROGESTERONE THERAPY FOR WOMEN WITH EPILEPSYAndrew Herzog; Fiscal Year: 2008..30 x .35) 100,000 women with catamenial epilepsy and perhaps many more women with no a priori demonstrated hormonal sensitivity to seizure occurrence. ..
- ADJUNCTIVE ACUPUNCTURE TO TREAT BIPOLAR DEPRESSIONPATRICIA SUPPES; Fiscal Year: 2002..Should acupuncture demonstrate efficacy in the treatment of bipolar disorder, further studies will be proposed to evaluate its utility for maintenance and prevention. ..
- Divalproex and Placebo, Lithium, or Quetiapine for ManiaTrisha Suppes; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Bipolar Disorder & Alcohol Abuse ComorbidityMark Frye; Fiscal Year: 2006..This naturalistic follow-up period may identify preliminary neurobiological factors associated with relapse and provide direction for further controlled interventional study. ..
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Myocardial InfarctionRobert Kloner; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Bipolar Disorder in Pregnancy: Predictors of MorbidityDONALD NEWPORT; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, the novel PK data will expand our understanding of prenatal drug metabolism, and the project will establish a cohort of children of women with BPD with detailed prospective prenatal histories. ..
- Development of PET Probes for Quantifying CB1 Receptor BindingJ S Dileep Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2006..Furthermore, the PET imaging probes for receptors will provide useful aid to develop therapeutic agents based on CB/1 pharmacology. ..
- DNA Sequencing using NanoporesSteven Benner; Fiscal Year: 2007..These will then be targeted against specific sequences extracted from mammalian genomes. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dynamic combinatorial chemistry for nucleic acidsSteven Benner; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Polymerases for Sequencing by SynthesisSteven Benner; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Pathological GamblingJon Grant; Fiscal Year: 2008..This award would provide me with the necessary background for further studies in the treatment of pathological gambling and the training for an independent patient-oriented research career. ..
- Neuroimaging of Children at Risk for Biopolar DisorderKiki Chang; Fiscal Year: 2006..Chang plans to become an independent investigator in the field of pediatric BD and thus contributing to the current knowledge of the neurobiology and development of BD. ..
- Development PsychopharmacologyDONALD NEWPORT; Fiscal Year: 2005..These study procedures will furthermore be applicable to future research investigating other classes of psychotropic medications. ..
- COLLABORATIVE R01-CARDIAC GRAFTS-FUNCTIONAL ANALYSESRobert Kloner; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Near Term Development of Reagents and Enzymes for Genome SequencingSteven A Benner; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal, from a laboratory with a track record of innovation in structures, reagents, and enzymes to manipulate nucleic acids, is focused on near term development of these to enable NHGRI cost-reduction sequencing goals. ..
- HORMONE REPLACEMENT IN MENOPAUSAL WOMEN WITH EPILEPSYCynthia Harden; Fiscal Year: 2002..The outcome of this study will be determined by comparing seizure frequency in the baseline phase with the treated phase between placebo and hormone treated groups. ..
- Combination Therapy in Bipolar Rapid CyclingJoseph Calabrese; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Chemistry to Improve Human Genomic Array Analysis ArchitecturesSteven A Benner; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal seeks funds to benchmark the improvements in array performance generated by these new technologies, improve them by a cycle of test and redesign, and provide them to the genomics community. ..
- Blood Genomics of Anticonvulsant Efficacy in ChildrenTracy Glauser; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will study whole blood total RNA using the new human U133 Affymetrix oligonucleotide microarrays that assess over 39,000 transcripts. ..
- Artificial Genetic SystemsSteven A Benner; Fiscal Year: 2010..Multiplexed PCR is the rate limiting step in many genomics analyses. Our long term, highly ambitious goal is to develop a "synthetic biology", a chemical system capable of Darwinian evolution, based on AEGIS components. ..
- Biologic Ventricular Assist DeviceRobert Kloner; Fiscal Year: 2004..Identification and characterization of transplants will be carried out with PCR analysis of the Y chromosome (male cells into female host), detailed histologic analysis and immunostaining for muscle cell markers. ..
- Targeted Assisted Combinational SynthesisSteven Benner; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- NON-STANDARD BASE PAIRS AS BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH TOOLSSteven Benner; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Development of 11C-labeled probes for imaging CRFJ S Dileep Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2004..This application seeks support to cover the experimental work from the rodent phase to the first human volunteer studies...
- EVOLUTION OF THE RIBONUCLEASE SUPERFAMILYSteven Benner; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY OF CHILDHOOD EPILEPSYTracy Glauser; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Complications of Surgery for Spinal Stenosis: A Clinical Prediction RuleRichard A Deyo; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: A new method for estimating surgical risk will improve patient safety and assist in surgical decision-making, informed consent, monitoring surgical products, &improving quality assessment. ..
- HYPOXIA AND CONTROL OF FETAL BREATHING MOVEMENTSBrian J Koos; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, the proposed studies are directly applicable to the morbidity and mortality of heart and breathing disorders in infants, children, and adults, including prolonged sleep apnea, brain injury, and sudden death. ..
- Radioimmunotherapy of CD20+ Lymphomas & CD45+LeukemiasJOHN PAGEL; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- BRAIN PATHOPHYSIOLOGY IN ANXIETY DISORDERSGREGORY SULLIVAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..Through such work, he seeks to contribute to the understanding of the pathophysiology of PD in order to suggest improved therapeutics for this devastating and underrecognized brain disorder. ..
- Functional Infrared Imaging Predicts Radiation MucositisEzra Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such a tool would have wide applicability in this patient population and would have tremendous impact on their treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NOVEL PHARMACOTHERAPY FOR TREATMENT OF COCAINE ADDICTIONFrank Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Dysfunctional Cortico-Limbic Activity and Connectivity in Bipolar Disorder and LiAmit Anand; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will also establish an experimental paradigm to study brain connectivity which could be used to investigate other disorders. ..
- COCAINE: A STUDY OF THE BIOCHEMICAL MECHANISM OF ACTIONFrank Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- SHP-2 Inhibitors as Potential Therapeutic Agents for JMML and Noonan SyndromeCheng Kui Qu; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Agilent 5973 GC/MS SystemGARY MOLANDER; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our current lack of such instrumentation negatively affects the ability to carry out many of these studies. This critical capability, in the form of an instrument for everyday analysis, is urgently needed. ..
- LONG TERM EFFECTS OF SEIZURES ON THE DEVELOPING BRAINGregory Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2002..Results of this study should provide additional insights into our understanding of the long- term consequences of seizures on the developing brain. ..
- Transmucosal Intra-Oral Drug Delivery System for THCMahmoud Elsohly; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- FEMALE SEXUAL AROUSAL: CLITORAL AND VAGINAL PHYSIOLOGYAbdulmaged Traish; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- New Organosulfur Anticarcinogenic Enzyme InducersMARK WELKER; Fiscal Year: 2005..Therefore, study of these reactions will illuminate which structural elements to include in the preparation of more potent enzyme inducers. ..
- 36th Annual International Narcotics Research ConferenceJean Bidlack; Fiscal Year: 2005..We feel that participation by many pre- and postdoctoral trainees has resulted and is likely to continue to result in recruiting promising scientists to a career of drug abuse research. ..
- Leak potassium channels in chemosensitive RTN neuronsDANIEL MULKEY; Fiscal Year: 2006..Results from these experiments will determine if TASK currents are present in pH-sensitive RTN neurons and provide insight into the cellular mechanism of mechanism chemoreception. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ischemia-Reperfusion in A2A and A2B Knockout HeartsR Morrison; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Novel small-molecule inhibitors of HIV-1 VifGLEN COBURN; Fiscal Year: 2008..Vif-specific inhibitors would have the potential to restore the body's own potent antiviral defense mechanism mediated by APOBEC3G and related proteins. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Thiol-Ene Polymers as Dental Restorative MaterialsNEIL CRAMER; Fiscal Year: 2006..The compatibility of monomer formulations with filler particles and the properties of filled systems will be evaluated. Biocompatibility of the new dental restorative materials will also be assessed. ..
- Subtype Specific Agonists for D1-D5 Dopamine ReceptorsWilliam Goddard; Fiscal Year: 2007..Moreover these computational methods developed and refined in this project can be applied for other more complex GPCR systems like the lipid and peptide receptors. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pramipexole in Treatment-Resistant DepressionRoy Perlis; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed investigation and training program will provide critical skills, experience and data to aid the candidate in writing an R01 and becoming an independent investigator. ..
- IMMUNOMODULATION IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASEBRUCE SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2004..The principal investigator seeks to become an independent clinical investigator by completing the didactic and scientific portions of this proposal. ..
- IMURAN Dose Ranging Study in Crohn's DiseaseBRUCE SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2005..Abstract Not Provided ..
- DEVELOPING AND IMPROVING INSTITUTIONAL ANIMAL RESOURCESJANICE WAGNER; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PROTON MRS STUDIES IN GENERALIZED ANXIETY DISORDERSanjay Mathew; Fiscal Year: 2008..A specific long-term goal is for the candidate to develop sufficient expertise in MRS to sustain valid and creative application to problems of GAD and related conditions. ..
- OSCCAR: A Novel, Population-based Prospective Inception Cohort of Inflammatory BoBRUCE SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..