Genomes and Genes
Summary: A selective blocker of DOPAMINE D2 RECEPTORS and SEROTONIN 5-HT2 RECEPTORS that acts as an atypical antipsychotic agent. It has been shown to improve both positive and negative symptoms in the treatment of SCHIZOPHRENIA.
Publications361 found, 100 shown here
- Effectiveness of antipsychotic drugs in patients with chronic schizophreniaJeffrey A Lieberman
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
N Engl J Med 353:1209-23. 2005..We compared a first-generation antipsychotic, perphenazine, with several newer drugs in a double-blind study...
- Risperidone in children with autism and serious behavioral problemsJames T McCracken
University of California, Los Angeles, USA
N Engl J Med 347:314-21. 2002..However, data on the safety and efficacy of atypical antipsychotic agents in children are limited...
- Cognitive improvement after treatment with second-generation antipsychotic medications in first-episode schizophrenia: is it a practice effect?Terry E Goldberg
Zucker Hillside Hospital, 7559 263rd Street, Glen Oaks, NY 11004, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 64:1115-22. 2007..However, none of these studies included healthy controls undergoing repeated testing to assess the possibility that improvements might reflect simple practice effects...
- Metabolomic analysis of biochemical changes in the plasma and urine of first-episode neuroleptic-naïve schizophrenia patients after treatment with risperidoneHua Lin Cai
Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology Research Institute, The Second Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, and School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Central South University, Changsha, China
J Proteome Res 11:4338-50. 2012..first-episode neuroleptic-naïve schizophrenia patients (FENNS) and healthy controls before and after a 6-week risperidone monotherapy, which suggest that the patient NT profiles are restoring during treatment...
- Long-acting risperidone and oral antipsychotics in unstable schizophreniaRobert A Rosenheck
Veterans Affairs VA New England Mental Illness, Research Education and Clinical Center, VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
N Engl J Med 364:842-51. 2011Long-acting injectable risperidone, a second-generation antipsychotic agent, may improve adherence to treatment and outcomes in schizophrenia, but it has not been tested in a long-term randomized trial involving patients with unstable ..
- A trial of quetiapine compared with risperidone in the treatment of first onset psychosis among 15- to 18-year-old adolescentsHarith S Swadi
Canterbury District Health Board, The Princess Margaret Hospital, Christchurch, New Zealand
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 25:1-6. 2010..efficacy and tolerability of quetiapine in the treatment of first onset psychosis in older adolescents using risperidone as a comparator...
- Risperidone in first-episode psychosis: a longitudinal, exploratory voxel-based morphometric studyRagy R Girgis
Department of Psychiatry, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 3811 O Hara St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Schizophr Res 82:89-94. 2006..The present investigation explores the short-term effects of risperidone on brain parenchyma by performing voxel-based morphometry on baseline and 6-week follow-up MRI scans obtained ..
- Efficacy and tolerability of Blonanserin in the patients with schizophrenia: a randomized, double-blind, risperidone-compared trialJaewon Yang
Department of Psychiatry, Korea University Guro Hospital, Guro Dong, Guro Gu, Seoul 152 703, South Korea
Clin Neuropharmacol 33:169-75. 2010The objective of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of blonanserin for the treatment of Korean patients with schizophrenia using a double-blind risperidone-compared design.
- Risperidone administered during asymptomatic period of adolescence prevents the emergence of brain structural pathology and behavioral abnormalities in an animal model of schizophreniaYael Piontkewitz
Department of Psychology, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Schizophr Bull 37:1257-69. 2011..Here we assessed the preventive efficacy of the atypical antipsychotic risperidone (RIS)...
- A randomized controlled trial of long-acting injectable risperidone vs continuation on oral atypical antipsychotics for first-episode schizophrenia patients: initial adherence outcomePeter J Weiden
Center for Cognitive Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 70:1397-406. 2009..We report on acceptance and initial adherence outcomes with risperidone long-acting injection (RLAI) in first-episode schizophrenia patients.
- Long-term treatment with long-acting risperidone in Korean patients with schizophreniaMoon Soo Lee
Department of Psychiatry, Korea University, College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Hum Psychopharmacol 21:399-407. 2006We evaluated the efficacy and safety of long-acting risperidone for 48-week period in Korean patients.
- Long acting injection versus oral risperidone in first-episode schizophrenia: differential impact on white matter myelination trajectoryGeorge Bartzokis
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, United States
Schizophr Res 132:35-41. 2011..Insofar as the trajectory of WM decline associated with chronic disease may be due to medication non-adherence, it may be modifiable by long acting injection (LAI) formulations...
- Why olanzapine beats risperidone, risperidone beats quetiapine, and quetiapine beats olanzapine: an exploratory analysis of head-to-head comparison studies of second-generation antipsychoticsStephan Heres
Klinik und Poliklinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie der Technischen Universität München am Klinikum rechts der Isar, Moehlstrasse 26, 81675 Munich, Germany
Am J Psychiatry 163:185-94. 2006....
- Risperidone in the treatment of disruptive behavioral symptoms in children with autistic and other pervasive developmental disordersSarah Shea
IWK Health Centre, and Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Pediatrics 114:e634-41. 2004To investigate the efficacy and safety of risperidone for the treatment of disruptive behavioral symptoms in children with autism and other pervasive developmental disorders (PDD).
- Effectiveness of risperidone long-acting injection in first-episode schizophrenia: in naturalistic settingBorah Kim
Department of Psychiatry, Bundang CHA Hospital, Pochon CHA University College of Medicine, Seongnam, South Korea
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:1231-5. 2008..It is important to prevent relapses in first-episode schizophrenia. We examine whether risperidone long-acting injection (RLAI) could effectively act to prevent relapse in first-episode schizophrenia...
- Remission in patients with first-episode schizophrenia receiving assured antipsychotic medication: a study with risperidone long-acting injectionRobin Emsley
University of Stellenbosch, Tygerberg, South Africa
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 23:325-31. 2008..of remission in a sample of patients with first-episode schizophrenia treated with injectable, long-acting risperidone. This allowed us to examine remission among patients known to be receiving medication...
- A comparison of ziprasidone and risperidone in the long-term treatment of schizophrenia: a 44-week, double-blind, continuation studyDonald E Addington
Chair Department of Psychiatry, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta
Can J Psychiatry 54:46-54. 2009This randomized, double-blind, multicentre extension study compared the efficacy, tolerability, and safety of ziprasidone and risperidone for schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder.
- A double-blind trial of risperidone and haloperidol for the treatment of deliriumChang Su Han
Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, Korea University Ansan Hospital, Ansan City, Gojan Dong, Kyunggi Province, Korea
Psychosomatics 45:297-301. 2004To compare the clinical efficacy of haloperidol and risperidone for the treatment of delirium, the authors performed a double-blind comparative study...
- Serotonin receptor 2A blocker (risperidone) has no effect on human polyomavirus JC infection of primary human fetal glial cellsMoti L Chapagain
Retrovirology Research Laboratory, Department of Tropical Medicine, Medical Microbiology and Pharmacology, Asia Pacific Institute of Tropical Medicine and Infectious Diseases, John A Burns School of Medicine, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813, USA
J Neurovirol 14:448-54. 2008..To assess the ability of a potent 5HT(2A)R blocker, risperidone, to inhibit JCV infection, the authors treated primary human fetal glial (PHFG) cells in vitro with risperidone ..
- A randomized trial examining the effectiveness of switching from olanzapine, quetiapine, or risperidone to aripiprazole to reduce metabolic risk: comparison of antipsychotics for metabolic problems (CAMP)T Scott Stroup
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, USA
Am J Psychiatry 168:947-56. 2011The authors conducted a multisite randomized controlled trial examining the strategy of switching from olanzapine, quetiapine, or risperidone to aripiprazole to ameliorate metabolic risk factors for cardiovascular disease.
- Volume changes in gray matter in first-episode neuroleptic-naive schizophrenic patients treated with risperidoneGuillem Massana
Institut Clínic de Psiquiatria i Psicologia, Corporació Sanitaria Clínic, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
J Clin Psychopharmacol 25:111-7. 2005..features across scans in schizophrenic patients before and after a treatment with the atypical antipsychotic risperidone. T1-weighted images from 11 first-episode neuroleptic-naive schizophrenic patients were processed and analyzed ..
- Fluoxetine but not risperidone increases sociability in the BTBR mouse model of autismKathryn K Chadman
Behavioral Pharmacology Laboratory, Department of Developmental Neurobiology, New York State Institute for Basic Research in Developmental Disabilities, 1050 Forest Hill Road, Staten Island, NY 10314, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 97:586-94. 2011..b>Risperidone is approved for the irritability and self-injurious behaviors found in autism...
- Omega-3 fatty acid deficiency augments risperidone-induced hepatic steatosis in rats: positive association with stearoyl-CoA desaturaseRobert K McNamara
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45219, USA
Pharmacol Res 66:283-91. 2012..would augment elevations in rat liver and plasma TAG concentrations following chronic treatment with the SGA risperidone (RSP), and evaluated relationships with hepatic SCD1 expression and activity indices...
- The early effect of olanzapine and risperidone on insulin secretion in atypical-naïve schizophrenic patientsChih Chiang Chiu
Department of Psychiatry, Songde Branch, Taipei City Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Clin Psychopharmacol 26:504-7. 2006..The goal of this prospective study is to evaluate the early effect of olanzapine and risperidone treatment on pancreatic beta-cell function in atypical-naive schizophrenic patients...
- Idiopathic granulomatous mastitis associated with risperidone-induced hyperprolactinemiaChih Hsun Lin
Cheng Hsin General Hospital, Department of Anatomic Pathology, Taipei, Taiwan
Diagn Pathol 7:2. 2012..Previous case reports have suggested that hyperprolactinemia may be associated with IGM. In the present report, we describe the first case of IGM associated with risperidone-induced hyperprolactinemia.
- Metabolomic profiling to identify potential serum biomarkers for schizophrenia and risperidone actionJiekun Xuan
Bio X Institutes, Key Laboratory for the Genetics of Developmental and Neuropsychiatric Disorders Ministry of Education, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200030, China
J Proteome Res 10:5433-43. 2011..based metabolomic profiling in serum of unmedicated schizophrenic patients before and after an 8-week risperidone monotherapy, to detect potential biomarkers associated with schizophrenia and risperidone treatment...
- Genetic variants in the BDNF gene and therapeutic response to risperidone in schizophrenia patients: a pharmacogenetic studyMingqing Xu
School of Public Health, Harvard University, Boston, MA, USA
Eur J Hum Genet 18:707-12. 2010b>Risperidone is a widely used atypical antipsychotic agent that produces considerable interindividual differences in patient response...
- Moderators, mediators, and other predictors of risperidone response in children with autistic disorder and irritabilityL Eugene Arnold
Department of Psychiatry, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 20:83-93. 2010..2 in favor of risperidone on the main outcome measure in an 8-week double-blind, placebo-controlled trial for irritability in autistic ..
- Long-acting injectable risperidone in the treatment of subjects with recent-onset psychosis: a preliminary studyRobin Emsley
University of Stellenbosch, Tygerberg, Cape Town, South Africa
J Clin Psychopharmacol 28:210-3. 2008..We assessed whether risperidone long-acting injection (RLAI) could be used safely and effectively in the treatment of recent-onset psychosis...
- Risperidone nonadherence and return of positive symptoms in the early course of schizophreniaKenneth L Subotnik
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6968, USA
Am J Psychiatry 168:286-92. 2011..This study examined the effect of medication nonadherence on the return of positive symptoms among recent-onset schizophrenia patients...
- The effects of clozapine and risperidone on spatial working memory in schizophreniaSusan R McGurk
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Pl, New York, NY 10029, USA
Am J Psychiatry 162:1013-6. 2005The purpose of this investigation was to evaluate the effects of clozapine and risperidone on spatial working memory in patients with schizophrenia.
- A 12-week randomized clinical trial to evaluate metabolic changes in drug-naive, first-episode psychosis patients treated with haloperidol, olanzapine, or risperidoneRocio Perez-Iglesias
Department of Psychiatry, Marques de Valdecilla University Hospital, University of Cantabria, Santander, Spain
J Clin Psychiatry 68:1733-40. 2007..This study examined the main metabolic side effects induced by antipsychotic treatment in a cohort of first-episode drug-naive subjects...
- Risperidone and paliperidone inhibit p-glycoprotein activity in vitroHao Jie Zhu
Laboratory of Drug Disposition and Pharmacogenetics, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:757-64. 2007b>Risperidone (RSP) and its major active metabolite, 9-hydroxy-risperidone (paliperidone, PALI), are substrates of the drug transporter P-glycoprotein (P-gp)...
- Efficacy and tolerability of ziprasidone versus risperidone in patients with acute exacerbation of schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder: an 8-week, double-blind, multicenter trialDonald E N Addington
Department of Psychiatry, Foothills Medical Center, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Clin Psychiatry 65:1624-33. 2004..Thus, we compared ziprasidone and risperidone in patients with acute exacerbation of schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder.
- Risperidone significantly inhibits interferon-gamma-induced microglial activation in vitroTakahiro Kato
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Schizophr Res 92:108-15. 2007..b>Risperidone has been reported to decrease the reduction of MRI volume during the clinical course of schizophrenia...
- The distinct effects of subchronic antipsychotic drug treatment on macronutrient selection, body weight, adiposity, and metabolism in female ratsM J Fell
Bradford School of Pharmacy, University of Bradford, Bradford BD7 1DP, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 194:221-31. 2007..The aim of the present study was to investigate the effect of atypical antipsychotic drugs on dietary macronutrient selection, body weight, body composition and biochemical parameters related to obesity in female rats...
- Does switching to a new antipsychotic improve outcomes? Data from the CATIE TrialRobert A Rosenheck
Yale Medical School, New Haven, CT, USA
Schizophr Res 107:22-9. 2009..First, considering patients randomized to olanzapine or risperidone, outcomes among patients who had been on the drug to which they were randomized prior to CATIE (N=129 "stayers")..
- Risperidone and haloperidol promote survival of stem cells in the rat hippocampusGerburg Keilhoff
Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, University of Magdeburg, Leipziger Strasse 44, Magdeburg, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 260:151-62. 2010..a validated model of schizophrenia, and whether chronic administration with neuroleptic drugs (haloperidol and risperidone) affect changes of cell genesis/survival. Ketamine per se has no effect on cell proliferation...
- Strategies for improving compliance in treatment of schizophrenia by using a long-acting formulation of an antipsychotic: clinical studiesJohn M Kane
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 64:34-40. 2003..A long-acting formulation of the atypical antipsychotic risperidone has undergone large-scale clinical testing, during which it showed significant improvement on measures of ..
- Patients in the early phases of schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorders effectively treated with risperidone long-acting injectableE Parellada
Clinic Schizophrenia Program, Department of Psychiatry, Clinical Institute of Neurosciences, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Psychopharmacol 19:5-14. 2005The efficacy and safety of risperidone long-acting injectable (RLAI) was investigated in patients in the early phases of schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorders (< or = 3 years)...
- A 1-year double-blind study of 2 doses of long-acting risperidone in stable patients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorderGeorge M Simpson
Department of Psychiatry, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1194-203. 2006This study examined the effects of 2 doses of long-acting risperidone injection in patients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder.
- Atypical antipsychotics: new directions and new challenges in the treatment of schizophreniaS Kapur
Schizophrenia Program, PET Centre, CAMH, Toronto, Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, 250 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5T 1R8
Annu Rev Med 52:503-17. 2001..e. positive, negative, cognitive, and affective) with more selective drugs that can be combined and individually titrated to the needs of each patient...
- Efficacy and tolerability of asenapine in acute schizophrenia: a placebo- and risperidone-controlled trialSteven G Potkin
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California, Irvine, Brain Imaging Center, CA 92697 3960, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 68:1492-500. 2007This 6-week trial assessed the efficacy, tolerability, and safety of the investigational psychopharmacologic agent asenapine versus placebo and risperidone in patients with acute schizophrenia (DSM-IV criteria).
- Comparative efficacy and safety of long-acting risperidone and risperidone oral tabletsPierre Chue
Department of Psychiatry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 15:111-7. 2005A double-blind study of long-acting injectable risperidone and oral risperidone tablets was conducted in 640 patients with schizophrenia. All patients received flexible doses of 1-6 mg of oral risperidone for 8 weeks...
- Long-acting injectable risperidone: efficacy and safety of the first long-acting atypical antipsychoticJohn M Kane
The Zucker Hillside Hospital, New York, NY 11004, USA
Am J Psychiatry 160:1125-32. 2003The authors assessed the efficacy and safety of the first long-acting atypical antipsychotic (long-acting injectable risperidone) in patients with schizophrenia.
- Glucose metabolism in patients with schizophrenia treated with atypical antipsychotic agents: a frequently sampled intravenous glucose tolerance test and minimal model analysisDavid C Henderson
Schizophrenia Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 62:19-28. 2005....
- A double-blind study of paliperidone palmitate and risperidone long-acting injectable in adults with schizophreniaGahan Pandina
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, LLC, Raritan, New Jersey 08560, USA
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 35:218-26. 2011..S.) injectable atypical antipsychotic paliperidone palmitate (PP) versus risperidone long-acting injectable (RIS-LAI) in adult patients with schizophrenia...
- Effectiveness of antipsychotic treatments for schizophrenia: interim 6-month analysis from a prospective observational study (IC-SOHO) comparing olanzapine, quetiapine, risperidone, and haloperidolMartin Dossenbach
Eli Lilly Ges m b H, Barichgasse 40 52, Vienna 1030, Austria
J Clin Psychiatry 65:312-21. 2004..The Intercontinental Schizophrenia Outpatient Health Outcomes (IC-SOHO) study was designed to provide information regarding use and outcome of antipsychotic treatments in a large, diverse population in real practice settings...
- Treatment of schizophrenia with long-acting injectable risperidone: a 12-month open-label trial of the first long-acting second-generation antipsychoticW Wolfgang Fleischhacker
Department of Biological Psychiatry, Innsbruck University Clinics, Anichstrasse 35, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Clin Psychiatry 64:1250-7. 2003The long-term safety and efficacy of long-acting injectable risperidone, the first long-acting second-generation antipsychotic, were evaluated in stable patients with schizophrenia.
- Randomized, placebo-controlled trial of risperidone for acute treatment of bipolar anxietyDavid V Sheehan
University of South Florida College of Medicine, United States
J Affect Disord 115:376-85. 2009..Although second generation antipsychotics are being used with increasing frequency in bipolar patients, their anxiolytic effects have not been well studied in this population...
- alpha2C-Adrenoceptor blockade by clozapine and other antipsychotic drugsHans O Kalkman
Novartis Pharma AG, Research Nervous System, Building WSJ 360 405, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Eur J Pharmacol 462:33-40. 2003..Therefore, the antagonistic potencies of the antipsychotics clozapine, chlorpromazine, risperidone, olanzapine, haloperidol, quetiapine, ziprasidone, iloperidone and aripiprazole were quantified using cell ..
- Effects of second-generation antipsychotic medication on smooth pursuit performance in antipsychotic-naive schizophreniaRebekka Lencer
Department of Psychiatry, University of Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Arch Gen Psychiatry 65:1146-54. 2008..Although pursuit eye tracking deficits have been widely reported in schizophrenia, the integrity of discrete components of pursuit responses and the effect of second-generation antipsychotic medication on them are not well established...
- Berberine inhibits SREBP-1-related clozapine and risperidone induced adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cellsYueshan Hu
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD 57007, USA
Phytother Res 24:1831-8. 2010..serious complication associated with the treatment of second generation antipsychotics such as clozapine and risperidone. Increased peripheral adipogenesis via the SREBP-1 pathway could be one critical mechanism responsible for ..
- Patient-based and clinician-based support for the remission criteria in schizophreniaJohn P Docherty
Joan and Sanford I Weill Medical and Graduate School of Medical Science of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 22:51-5. 2007This analysis characterizes patients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder treated with risperidone who met remission criteria...
- Effects of antipsychotic medications on psychosocial functioning in patients with chronic schizophrenia: findings from the NIMH CATIE studyMarvin S Swartz
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:428-36. 2007..This study examined the relative effects of the second-generation antipsychotic drugs and an older representative agent on psychosocial functioning in patients with chronic schizophrenia...
- Atypical antipsychotics rapidly and inappropriately switch peripheral fuel utilization to lipids, impairing metabolic flexibility in rodentsVance L Albaugh
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Schizophr Bull 38:153-66. 2012....
- Striatal volume changes in the rat following long-term administration of typical and atypical antipsychotic drugsCandace Andersson
Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 27:143-51. 2002..illness from a possible drug effect on brain structure, young adult rats were administered either haloperidol, risperidone, clozapine, olanzapine, or vehicle daily for four or eight months via drinking water...
- Effects of risperidone and haloperidol on superoxide dismutase and nitric oxide in schizophreniaXiang Yang Zhang
Institute of Mental Health, Peking University, Beijing, PR China
Neuropharmacology 62:1928-34. 2012..inpatients with chronic schizophrenia were randomly assigned to 12 weeks of treatment with 6 mg/day of risperidone or 20 mg/day of haloperidol using a double-blind design...
- Differential effects of long-term treatment with typical and atypical antipsychotics on NGF and BDNF levels in rat striatum and hippocampusAnilkumar Pillai
Psychiatry and Health Behavior, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA, USA
Schizophr Res 82:95-106. 2006..treatment studies in human patients and animals suggest that second-generation antipsychotics (SGAs) such as risperidone (RISP) and olanzapine (OLZ) compared to first-generation antipsychotics (FGAs) such as haloperidol (HAL) and ..
- Risperidone normalizes increased inflammatory parameters and restores anti-inflammatory pathways in a model of neuroinflammationKarina S Macdowell
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Complutense University, Madrid, Spain
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 16:121-35. 2013..The present study was conducted in a model of mild neuroinflammation using a lipopolysaccharide (LPS) challenge that was not an endotoxaemic dose (0.5 mg/kg i.p.) in young adult rats...
- Relapse risk after discontinuation of risperidone in Alzheimer's diseaseD P Devanand
Division of Geriatric Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, New York 10032, USA
N Engl J Med 367:1497-507. 2012..Among patients with Alzheimer's disease who have had a response to antipsychotic medication for psychosis or agitation-aggression, the risk of a recurrence of symptoms after discontinuation of the medication has not been established...
- Efficacy and tolerability of switching to ziprasidone from olanzapine, risperidone or haloperidol: an international, multicenter studyKoksal Alptekin
Department of Psychiatry, Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, Balcova Izmir, Turkey
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 24:229-38. 2009To compare the effectiveness of a switch from haloperidol (N=99), olanzapine (N=82), or risperidone (N=104) to 12 weeks of treatment with 80-160 mg/day ziprasidone in patients with stable schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder...
- A double-blind, randomized study comparing the efficacy and safety of sertindole and risperidone in patients with treatment-resistant schizophreniaJohn M Kane
Department of Psychiatry, The Zucker Hillside Hospital, 75 59 263rd St, Glen Oaks, NY 11004, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 72:194-204. 2011..The objective of this study was to examine the efficacy and safety of sertindole, compared to risperidone, in this patient population.
- Risk of lipid abnormality with haloperidol, olanzapine, quetiapine, and risperidone in a Veterans Affairs populationErica J Duncan
Mental Health Service, Atlanta VA Medical Center, GA 30033, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 24:204-13. 2009..least 60 continuous days for four antipsychotics [haloperidol (HALD), olanzapine (OLANZ), quetiapine (QUET), or risperidone (RISP)] was analyzed for total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein, high-density lipoprotein (HDL), and ..
- Risperidone-induced weight gain in referred children with autism spectrum disorders is associated with a common polymorphism in the 5-hydroxytryptamine 2C receptor genePieter J Hoekstra
Department of Psychiatry, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 20:473-7. 2010Weight gain is an important adverse effect of risperidone, but predictors of significant weight gain have yet to be identified in pediatric patients...
- Improvement of serum prolactin and sexual function after switching to aripiprazole from risperidone in schizophrenia: a case seriesCheng Yuan Chen
Department of Psychiatry, Armed Forces Taichung General Hospital, Taiping City, Taiwan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 65:95-7. 2011..study examined prolactin levels, sexual function and clinical improvement after switching to aripiprazole from risperidone. Nine schizophrenic male Chinese patients who reported risperidone-induced sexual dysfunction were studied...
- Cabergoline treatment of risperidone-induced hyperprolactinemia: a pilot studyRoberto Cavallaro
Department of Neuropsychiatric Sciences, San Raffaele Scientific Institute Hospital, Vita Salute University Medical School, Via Stamira d Ancona 20, 20127 Milan, Italy
J Clin Psychiatry 65:187-90. 2004D(2) blockers, including the atypical antipsychotic risperidone, induce hyper-prolactinemia in a significant number of patients treated...
- N-acetylcysteine as an adjunct to risperidone for treatment of negative symptoms in patients with chronic schizophrenia: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyMehdi Farokhnia
Psychiatric Research Center, Roozbeh Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences Razi Hospital, University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences Department of Medical Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran Kurdistan University of Medical Sciences, Sanandaj and Department of Psychiatry, Arak University of Medical Sciences, Arak, Iran
Clin Neuropharmacol 36:185-92. 2013..N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) is a potent antioxidant with neuroprotective properties. This study aimed to evaluate the possible effects of NAC as an adjunct to risperidone in treating negative symptoms of schizophrenia.
- Prolactin levels in schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder patients treated with clozapine, olanzapine, risperidone, or haloperidolJan Volavka
Nathan Kline Institute, Orangeburg, NY 10982, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:57-61. 2004....
- Improvement in hyperprolactinemia and reproductive comorbidities in patients with schizophrenia switched from conventional antipsychotics or risperidone to olanzapineBruce J Kinon
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Drop Code 4133, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 31:577-88. 2006..Olanzapine treatment may offer sustained reduction in serum prolactin and improvement in sexual and reproductive comorbid symptoms in patients with schizophrenia who have treatment-emergent hyperprolactinemia...
- Prolactin levels during long-term risperidone treatment in children and adolescentsRobert L Findling
University Hospitals of Cleveland Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 64:1362-9. 2003This analysis was designed to investigate prolactin levels in children and adolescents on long-term risperidone treatment and explore any relationship with side effects hypothetically attributable to prolactin (SHAP).
- Does long-acting injectable risperidone make a difference to the real-life treatment of schizophrenia? Results of the Cohort for the General study of Schizophrenia (CGS)Lamiae Grimaldi-Bensouda
Equipe d accueil Pharmacoépidémiologie et maladies infectieuses, 5 rue du Docteur Roux, 75015 Paris, France
Schizophr Res 134:187-94. 2012The primary aim of this study was to compare the impact of risperidone long-acting injectable (R-LAI) to other antipsychotics on rates of hospitalisation in real-life settings.
- Effects of aripiprazole on prolactin levels in subjects with schizophrenia during cross-titration with risperidone or olanzapine: analysis of a randomized, open-label studyMatthew J Byerly
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390 8828, USA
Schizophr Res 107:218-22. 2009..an adverse effect associated with the use of typical antipsychotics and the atypical antipsychotic risperidone, has both acute and chronic clinical consequences...
- Trabecular bone loss after administration of the second-generation antipsychotic risperidone is independent of weight gainKatherine J Motyl
Maine Medical Center Research Institute, 81 Research Drive, Scarborough, ME 04074, USA
Bone 50:490-8. 2012..Using in vivo and in vitro modeling we examined the effects of risperidone, the most commonly prescribed SGA, on bone in C57BL6/J (B6) mice...
- Risperidone treatment in elderly patients with dementia: relative risk of cerebrovascular events versus other antipsychoticsSanford Finkel
Medical Affairs at Council for Jewish Elderly, and the University of Chicago Medical School, IL, USA
Int Psychogeriatr 17:617-29. 2005..The objective was to determine whether risperidone is associated with an increased risk of CVEs relative to other commonly considered alternative treatments.
- A preliminary study of risperidone in the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder related to childhood abuse in womenD Bradford Reich
Trauma and Dissociative Disorders Program, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:1601-6. 2004This study evaluated the effectiveness of risperidone in women for the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) related to childhood physical, sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse.
- Gene expression in blood is associated with risperidone response in children with autism spectrum disordersL Lit
Department of Neurology, University of California, Davis, MIND Institute, Davis, CA 95817, USA
Pharmacogenomics J 12:368-71. 2012..medications; therefore, we investigated whether peripheral blood gene expression before treatment with risperidone, an atypical antipsychotic, was associated with improvements in severe behavioral disturbances 8 weeks ..
- Comparative effects of the antipsychotics sulpiride and risperidone in female rats on energy balance, body composition, fat morphology and macronutrient selectionTrino Baptista
Department of Physiology, Los Andes University Medical School, P O Box 93, Merida 5101 A, Venezuela
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 28:1305-11. 2004Previous studies showed that the antipsychotic drugs (APDs) sulpiride (SUL) and risperidone (RIS) induced body weight gain (BWG), hyperphagia, and increased serum levels of leptin, prolactin and corticosterone in female rats...
- Celecoxib as adjunctive treatment to risperidone in children with autistic disorder: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialMahtab Asadabadi
Psychiatric Research Center, Roozbeh Psychiatric Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, South Kargar Street, Tehran 13337, Iran
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 225:51-9. 2013..Autism is associated with activation of the inflammatory response system...
- Dose-dependent effects of adjunctive treatment with aripiprazole on hyperprolactinemia induced by risperidone in female patients with schizophreniaNorio Yasui-Furukori
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Hirosaki, Japan
J Clin Psychopharmacol 30:596-9. 2010Hyperprolactinemia is a frequent consequence of treatment with risperidone. Recent studies have suggested that aripiprazole, a partial dopamine agonist, reduces the prolactin response to antipsychotics...
- Double-blind placebo-controlled randomized efficacy and safety trial of add-on treatment of dimebon plus risperidone in schizophrenic patients during transition from acute psychotic episode to remissionMargarita A Morozova
Laboratory of Psychopharmacology, Mental Health Research Center of Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Kashirskoe Shosse 34, 115522 Moscow, Russia
Psychiatr Danub 24:159-66. 2012..A phase II study of dimebon as add-on to risperidone therapy was conducted.
- Prediction of long-term metabolic effects of olanzapine and risperidone treatment from baseline body mass index in schizophrenia and bipolar disorderWilliam Victor Bobo
Department of Psychiatry, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA
Psychiatry Res 189:200-7. 2011..tested as predictors of 6- and 12-month increases in glucose and lipid measures in 82 olanzapine (OLZ)- and 78 risperidone (RIS)-treated patients with schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, or bipolar disorder who participated in a ..
- Pharmacogenetics of risperidone therapy in autism: association analysis of eight candidate genes with drug efficacy and adverse drug reactionsC T Correia
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia, Oeiras, Portugal
Pharmacogenomics J 10:418-30. 2010..improvement and occurrence of adverse drug reactions, in 45 autistic patients who received monotherapy with risperidone up to 1 year...
- Efficacy of quetiapine and risperidone against depressive symptoms in outpatients with psychosisMartha Sajatovic
Department of Psychiatry, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 63:1156-63. 2002..Atypical antipsychotics such as quetiapine and risperidone are associated with a decreased incidence of adverse events such as EPS...
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of long-acting risperidone in cocaine-dependent menTsafrir Loebl
Center for Addiction Medicine of the Department of Psychiatry and the Biostatistics Center of Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02114, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:480-6. 2008There is no approved pharmaco-therapy for cocaine dependence. Risperidone is an atypical antipsychotic drug with combined dopamine-2/serotonin-2 (D(2)/5-HT(2)) antagonist activity that has been effective in reducing cocaine use in some ..
- Functional serotonin 1A receptor variant influences treatment response to atypical antipsychotics in schizophreniaRainald Mossner
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Pharmacogenet Genomics 19:91-4. 2009..We have assessed the impact of the functional C-1019G variant of the 5-HT1A receptor on the response to risperidone or haloperidol in a prospective, randomized, double-blind study...
- Do clozapine and risperidone affect social competence and problem solving?Alan S Bellack
Mental Health Research, Education and Clinical Center, VA Maryland Health Care System, Baltimore 21201, USA
Am J Psychiatry 161:364-7. 2004The purpose of this investigation was to evaluate the effects of clozapine and risperidone on social skill and problem solving in patients with schizophrenia.
- A pilot study of the efficacy and safety of paroxetine augmented with risperidone, valproate, buspirone, trazodone, or thyroid hormone in adult Chinese patients with treatment-resistant major depressionYiru Fang
Division of Mood Disorders, Shanghai Mental Health Center, Department of Psychiatry, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
J Clin Psychopharmacol 31:638-42. 2011To compare the efficacy and safety of augmenting paroxetine with risperidone, buspirone, valproate, trazodone, or thyroid hormone in patients with treatment-resistant depression (TRD), 225 patients with retrospectively and/or ..
- Risperidone liquid concentrate and oral lorazepam versus intramuscular haloperidol and intramuscular lorazepam for treatment of psychotic agitationG W Currier
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 62:153-7. 2001..The objective of this study was to determine the relative efficacy, safety, and tolerability of oral risperidone versus intramuscular haloperidol, both in combination with lorazepam, for the emergency treatment of psychotic ..
- Risperidone augmentation for treatment-resistant aggression in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a placebo-controlled pilot studyJorge L Armenteros
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:558-65. 2007To evaluate the effects of risperidone augmentation for treatment-resistant aggression in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Olanzapine orally disintegrating tablet vs. risperidone oral solution in the treatment of acutely agitated psychotic patientsKotaro Hatta
Department of Psychiatry, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 30:367-71. 2008Efficacy and tolerability of risperidone oral solution (RIS-OS) and olanzapine orally disintegrating tablet (OLZ-ODT) were compared for the treatment of acute psychotic agitation.
- Risperidone versus olanzapine for the treatment of deliriumSung Wan Kim
Department of Psychiatry, Chonnam National University Medical School, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Hum Psychopharmacol 25:298-302. 2010This study compared the effectiveness of risperidone and olanzapine in the treatment of delirium.
- In vitro P-glycoprotein affinity for atypical and conventional antipsychoticsDavid W Boulton
Laboratory of Drug Disposition and Pharmacogenetics, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina, 67 President Street, PO Box 250861, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Life Sci 71:163-9. 2002..The rank order of the ratio V(max) / K(m) was: verapamil (2.6) > quetiapine (1.7) > risperidone (1.4) > olanzapine (0.8) > chlorpromzaine (0.7) > haloperidol (0.3) = clozapine (0.3)...
- Comparison of topiramate and risperidone for the treatment of behavioral disturbances of patients with Alzheimer disease: a double-blind, randomized clinical trialArash Mowla
Department of Psychiatry, Persian Gulf Bioscience Research Center, Bushehr University of Medical Sciences, Bushehr, Iran
J Clin Psychopharmacol 30:40-3. 2010..Our goal was to compare a new anticonvulsant, topiramate, with a usually used medication, risperidone, for controlling behavioral disturbances of patients with Alzheimer dementia.
- Long-term effects of olanzapine, risperidone, and quetiapine on dopamine receptor types in regions of rat brain: implications for antipsychotic drug treatmentF I Tarazi
Mailman Research Center, McLean Division of Massachusetts General Hospital, Belmont, Massachusetts 02478, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 297:711-7. 2001..vitro receptor autoradiography after prolonged treatment (28 days) with the atypical antipsychotics olanzapine, risperidone, and quetiapine...
- Relapse in patients with schizophrenia: a comparison between risperidone and haloperidolEduardo Pondé de Sena
University Hospital Prof Edgard Santos, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, BA, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 25:220-3. 2003To compare rates of rehospitalization and time to relapse in risperidone vs. haloperidol-treated schizophrenic patients discharged from the hospital.
- Changes in heart rate dynamics of patients with schizophrenia treated with risperidoneJae Seung Chang
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, 166 Gumi ro, Bundang gu, Seongnam si, Gyeonggi do 463 707, Republic of Korea
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 34:924-9. 2010..We explored within-subject changes in HRV indices in acutely ill patients with schizophrenia treated with risperidone. Sixteen medication-naïve or medication-free patients with DSM-IV schizophrenia completed electrocardiogram (..
- The effectiveness of olanzapine, risperidone, quetiapine, and ziprasidone as augmentation agents in treatment-resistant major depressive disorderJames G Barbee
Department of Psychiatry, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans 70112, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:975-81. 2004..To date, there have been no reports in the literature regarding the effectiveness of these drugs when trials of one or more of them have failed previously as antidepressant augmentation...
- Improvement in indices of health status in outpatients with schizophrenia switched to ziprasidonePeter J Weiden
Department of Psychiatry, Box 1203, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 23:595-600. 2003..differed only in the patient's prior antipsychotic; 1 study group was on olanzapine (n = 104), a second on risperidone (n = 58), and third on a conventional antipsychotic (n = 108)...
- Leptin gene -2548G/A variants predict risperidone-associated weight gain in children and adolescentsChadi A Calarge
Department of Psychiatry, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Psychiatr Genet 19:320-7. 2009..We aimed to investigate the association between risperidone-induced weight gain, leptin concentration, and the leptin gene (LEP) -2548G/A variants in youths.
- Long-term outcomes in patients with schizophrenia treated with risperidone long-acting injection or oral antipsychotics in Spain: results from the electronic Schizophrenia Treatment Adherence Registry (e-STAR)J M Olivares
Department of Psychiatry, Hospital Meixoeiro, Complejo Hospitalario Universitario de Vigo, Vigo Spain
Eur Psychiatry 24:287-96. 2009..The electronic Schizophrenia Treatment Adherence Registry (e-STAR) is a prospective, observational study of patients with schizophrenia designed to evaluate long-term treatment outcomes in routine clinical practice...
- Mechanisms of Bone Loss from Administration of the Second-Generation AntipsychotiKATHERINE JEAN MOTYL; Fiscal Year: 2013..to liver and bone marrow, accompanied by reduced trabecular bone mineral density in mice treated with risperidone, one of the most commonly prescribed SGAs...
- Pharmacology of Risperidone Effects on Bone Remodeling and Energy MetabolismKaren L Houseknecht; Fiscal Year: 2013..cellular/pharmacological mechanisms underlying SGA-induced bone loss, using the most widely prescribed, SGA, risperidone (RIS)...
- Metabolic Effects of Antipsychotics in ChildrenJohn W Newcomer; Fiscal Year: 2010..childhood psychiatric disorders during 12 weeks of prospective, randomized treatment with olanzapine (Zyprexa), risperidone (Risperdal) or aripiprazole (Abilify)...
- Long-Term Safety and Genetic Risk Factors of Risperdone Treatment in YouthChadi A Calarge; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Risperidone is the only AAP to have a pediatric indication by the U.S...
- Selecting Best Neuroleptic Treatment for Veterans with SchizophreniaErin A Hazlett; Fiscal Year: 2013..n=64;plus an additional 16 patients to allow for 20% attrition) at baseline (Day 0) and at the end of a 4-week risperidone treatment trial...
- 2/3-Improving Metabolic Parameters of Antipsychotic Child TreatmentLinmarie Sikich; Fiscal Year: 2012..ages 8-17 years, who: 1) are currently treated with one of the three most commonly prescribed antipsychotics (risperidone, quetiapine or olanzapine), 2) have current BMI >85th percentile and have experienced substantial weight ..
- 1/3-Improving Metabolic Parameters of Antipsychotic Child Treatment (IMPACT)Mark A Riddle; Fiscal Year: 2012..ages 8-17 years, who: 1) are currently treated with one of the three most commonly prescribed antipsychotics (risperidone, quetiapine or olanzapine), 2) have current BMI >85th percentile and have experienced substantial weight ..
- 3/3-Improving Metabolic Parameters of Antipsychotic Child Treatment (IMPACT)Christoph U Correll; Fiscal Year: 2012..ages 8-17 years, who: 1) are currently treated with one of the three most commonly prescribed antipsychotics (risperidone, quetiapine or olanzapine), 2) have current BMI >85th percentile and have experienced substantial weight ..
- Interventions to Test the alpha 7 Nicotinic Receptor Model in SchizophreniaStephen Deutsch; Fiscal Year: 2009..All patients will be maintained on a stable regimen of risperidone for the trial duration. The dose of galantamine will be 24 mg/day;the dose of CDP-choline will be 2000 mg/day...
- Neurotensin Analogs For Neurocognitive Deficits In SchizophreniaAdam Prus; Fiscal Year: 2009..g., risperidone) offer, albeit limited, improved cognitive efficacy for schizophrenia compared to typical antipsychotic drugs (..
- Alcoholism and Schizophrenia: A Translational Approach to TreatmentAlan I Green; Fiscal Year: 2012..These studies have indicated that the atypical antipsychotic risperidone (RISP), a medication producing antagonism at the dopamine D2 receptor and the norepinephrine a2 receptor, which ..
- Prodrugs of NAAG Peptidase Inhibitors for the Treatment of SchizophreniaJia Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2009..Atypical antipsychotic drugs, such as clozapine, risperidone, and olanzapine are widely used to treat schizophrenia but are not fully effective in moderating the positive, ..
- OCT Blockade to Restore Sociability in 5-HT Transporter Knock-Out MiceGeorgianna G Gould; Fiscal Year: 2012..Drug interventions for these disorders, such as risperidone (Risperdal) and fluoxetine (Prozac), commonly enhance 5-HT neurotransmission or mimic its downstream effects, ..
- Understanding the Impact of Antipsychotic Drugs on Recovery After TBIAnthony E Kline; Fiscal Year: 2013..e., once daily administration for 19 days) of the APDs haloperidol (HAL) and risperidone (RISP) negatively impact motor and cognitive function after TBI in rats...
- Adjunct Aripiprazole for Symptomatic Hyperprolactinemia in Female SchizophreniaDeanna L Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Risperidone is available generically and one of the most widely used antipsychotic medications;but is associated with elevated prolactin...
- Citalopram in First Episode SchizophreniaDonald C Goff; Fiscal Year: 2013..episode schizophrenia patients, a placebo-controlled, parallel-group, twelve month trial of citalopram added to risperidone treatment plus a psychoeducation protocol designed to enhance compliance and retention...
- Antipsychotics and Vascular Function in Bipolar DisordersJess G Fiedorowicz; Fiscal Year: 2013..The first-line, second- generation antipsychotics associated with weight gain (SGAWGs: risperidone, olanzapine, and quetiapine) have been associated with significant metabolic complications, which may increase ..
- Optimal Dosing of Antipsychotic Drugs in Late LifeDavid Mamo; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will determine an estimate of risperidone D2/3 occupancy associated with maintenance of response in 40 patients 60 years and older with onset of ..
- Counteracting Risperidone-Induced Hyperprolactinemia in YouthsChadi A Calarge; Fiscal Year: 2013..psychiatric disorders are associated with low bone mineral density'(BMD) and some psychotropics, such as risperidone, can exacerbate this risk by causing hyperprolactinemia (HiPRL)...
- Glutamine and Glutamate in Children and Adolescents with Bipolar DisorderConstance M Moore; Fiscal Year: 2012..glutamate levels, and mania in children and adolescents with BPD;2: investigate how the atypical antipsychotic risperidone interacts with ACC glutamine and glutamate in children and adolescents with BPD...
- Schizophrenia Pharmacogenetics: cognition and symptom response to antipsychoticsJeffrey R Bishop; Fiscal Year: 2013..of selected glutamate gene variants with cognitive and negative symptom response to the antipsychotic risperidone in first episode patients with schizophrenia who have little or no prior antipsychotic treatment history...
- Biomarkers in Autism of Aripiprazole and Risperidone Treatment (BAART)C LINDSAY LINDSAY DEVANE; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (Provided by Applicant): The Biomarkers in autism of aripiprazole and risperidone treatment (BAART) project will provide evidence-based guidance in the selection and monitoring of drug treatment of autism...
- Effect Of Weight-Increased Psychotropic Medications on Appetite RegulationKIMBERLY ANN BROWNLEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..in drug-naTve patients with psychosis treated with two SGA that have high weight-gain liability (olanzapine and risperidone)...
- Antipsychotic drug-induced weight gainTIMOTHY NAGY; Fiscal Year: 2009..with three of the currently available and commonly prescribed antipsychotic drugs (olanzapine, quetiapine, and risperidone). Weight gain in our model is reproducible and occurs within four weeks using twice-daily oral treatment...
- Prenatal atypical antipsychotic exposureMICHAEL JOSEPH OWENS; Fiscal Year: 2013..in the Emory University Women's Mental Health Program: quetiapine/norquetiapine, olanzapine, and risperidone/paliperidone...
- Detecting Which Patients With Schizophrenia Will Improve With Omega 3 TreatmentPhilip R Szeszko; Fiscal Year: 2013..with recent-onset schizophrenia into a 4 month long randomized double blind placebo-controlled study of risperidone versus risperidone plus omega-3 supplementation...
- 2/2-A Comparison of Long-Acting Injectable Medications for Schizophrenia -ACLAIMSTHOMAS SCOTT STROUP; Fiscal Year: 2013..One long-acting injectable (LAI) atypical antipsychotic medication, risperidone microspheres (RM) is currently available at an average wholesale price that is approximately $8,000 per patient ..
- 1/2-A Comparison of Long-Acting Injectable Medications for Schizophrenia -ACLAIMSJOSEPH PATRICK MCEVOY; Fiscal Year: 2013..One long-acting injectable (LAI) atypical antipsychotic medication, risperidone microspheres (RM) is currently available at an average wholesale price that is approximately $8,000 per patient ..
- Long-term effects of early-life antipsychotic drug treatmentMARK EDWARD BARDGETT; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our own preliminary research has shown that rats treated daily with the atypical APD, risperidone, from postnatal days 14 - 42 exhibit sensorimotor gating deficits and persistent locomotor hyperactivity as ..
- Early Intervention in a mouse model of NMDA hypofunctionSheryl S Moy; Fiscal Year: 2012..A third goal is to evaluate whether chronic treatment with olanzapine or risperidone, initiated in the post- weanling period, will delay or prevent the deficits in social behavior, sensorimotor ..
- Pharmacogenetics of Antipsychotic Drug ResponseJianping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Patients who are poor or intermediate CYP2D6 metabolizers will be randomized to treatment with risperidone in either a treatment-as-usual condition (TAU) or a low-dose-titration condition (LDT)...
- MicroRNAs as Biomarkers in First-episode SchizophreniaJUAN ANDRES GALLEGO; Fiscal Year: 2013..who have been exposed to antipsychotics for less than 16 weeks and who are initiating manualized treatment with risperidone as part of their enrollment in a clinic specialized in treatment of first-episode schizophrenia patients...
- Pharmacologic and Clinical Testing of a D1 Agonist for Neuropsychiatric DisordersJeffrey A Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2010..be given to three different groups (N=20 each) of clinically stable inpatients with schizophrenia treated with risperidone. Resting blood flow and neural activity in regions involved in working memory function will be used as ..
- Antipsychotic Effects on Top Down Control of Sensory Processing in SchizophreniaSarah Keedy; Fiscal Year: 2013..first episode schizophrenia patients, and whether that disturbance is reduced by the widely used antipsychotic risperidone. Complementary fMRI and EEG approaches will be used to sensitively assess brain activity and characterize ..
- Risperidone Subcutaneous ImplantFRANCIS JOSEPH MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2012..DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The objective of the proposed study is to develop a subcutaneous implant of risperidone which provides consistent therapeutic blood levels of the drug for 3 months...
- CHMCC Pediatric Pharmacology Research UnitAlexander Vinks; Fiscal Year: 2009..a focus on pediatric neuropharmacology is documented by our two network proposals;"Pharmacogenetics of Risperidone in Pervasive Development Disorder" (Dr...
- Translational Neuroscience Optimization of GlyT1 InhibitorJohn H Krystal; Fiscal Year: 2013..UH3 Approach: Schizophrenia subjects (n=76) taking risperidone or aripiprazole will be randomized to receive either placebo or active PF-03463275 BID in addition to cognitive ..
- Pursuing Perfection in Pediatric TherapeuticsCAROLE MARIE LANNON; Fiscal Year: 2010..and dissemination that will: 1) test the impact of pharmacogenetic testing on the treatment of children on risperidone;2) decrease harm from adverse drug events using high reliability methods;3) improve outcomes for children with ..
- Pharmacogenomics in Autism TreatmentROBERT LEE HENDREN; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Risperidone has been shown to be effective in decreasing serious behavioral problems in children with autism spectrum disorders (McCracken et al., 2002;Shea et al., 2004;Nagaraj et al...
- Dissecting Heterogeneity of Treatment Response of First Episode SchizophreniaAnil K Malhotra; Fiscal Year: 2012..schizophrenia patients to be enrolled in an NIMH-funded 12-week double-blind randomized clinical trial of risperidone versus aripiprazole (2R01 MH 60004)...
- Risperidone Subcutaneous ImplantFRANCIS JOSEPH MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The objective of the proposed study is to develop a subcutaneous implant of risperidone which provides consistent therapeutic blood levels of the drug for 3 months...
- Stepped Pharmacotherapy for Aggressive Youth with ADHDJoseph C Blader; Fiscal Year: 2012..therapy, the trial will randomly assign children whose aggression persists to adjunctive treatment with risperidone or DVPX for eight weeks...
- In vitro-In vivo Correlations of Parentral Microsphere Drug ProductsDIANE JANE BURGESS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Two model drugs (risperidone and naltrexone) have been chosen since they are in commercially available microsphere products that will ..
- Relapse Prevention: Long-Acting Atypical AntipsychoticsDonald C Goff; Fiscal Year: 2010..There is now a long acting form of one of the second-generation ('atypical') antipsychotics - risperidone microspheres...
- Anxiolytic Property of Atypical AntipsychoticsMing Li; Fiscal Year: 2009..this R21 application is to use a preclinical approach to identify the extent to which two first-line atypicals (risperidone and olanzapine) exhibit an anxiolytic effect on behavioral and physiological measures of fear and anxiety, as ..
- MOTOR EFFECTS OF ATYPICAL ANTIPSYCHOTICSJohn Salamone; Fiscal Year: 2003..Using acute injection procedures, olanzapine and risperidone also were relatively potent at suppressing jaw movements, while haloperidol was ineffective...
- Clozapine for Cannabis Use Disorder in SchizophreniaAlan I Green; Fiscal Year: 2013..who are comorbid for both SCZ and CUD will be randomized to a 12 week treatment course with either CLOZ or risperidone (RISP)...
- 1/4-Stimulant and Risperidone for Youth with Severe Physical AggressionMICHAEL GEORGE AMAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..in behavior management (PMT) + placebo (PBO), (b) PMT + d-methylphenidate (d-MPH), and (c) PMT + d-MPH + risperidone (RIS) in children with severe aggression, primary DBDs, and comorbid ADHD...
- An implantable semiannual antipsychotic delivery systemSteven J Siegel; Fiscal Year: 2013..Significance: The revised R01 renewal application will advance the development of an implantable long-term risperidone delivery system to improve medication adherence in schizophrenia...
- NEUROBIOLOGY AND TREATMENT OF OCDWayne Goodman; Fiscal Year: 1999..Recent reports in TS patients suggest that the serotonin/ dopamine antagonist risperidone may help control tics; it is less clear whether it reduces OC symptoms when given alone...
- CANNABIS AND SCHIZOPHRENIA: CLOZAPINE VS RISPERIDONEAlan Green; Fiscal Year: 2005..much more effectively than do either typical antipsychotics or the "novel" (post-CLOZ) antipsychotic risperidone (RISP)...
- Cannabis & Schizophrenia: fMRI Reward Circuit BiomakerAlan Green; Fiscal Year: 2005..SCHIZ much more effectively than do either typical antipsychotics or the "novel" (post-CLOZ) antipsychotics risperidone (RISP) or olanzapine (OLAN)...
- Nicotinic-Antipsychotic Drug Interactions and CognitionEdward Levin; Fiscal Year: 2006..Classical neuroleptics such as haloperidol and "atypical" antipsychotics such a clozapine and risperidone have substantially different mechanisms of action and likely interact with nicotine in quite different ways...
- RISPERIDONE AND CLOZAPINE IN CHRONIC SCHIZOPHRENIAJeffrey Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 1999..A second atypical drug risperidone (RIS) has not been adequately tested in refractory patients...
- RISPERIDONE AND CLOZAPINE IN CHRONIC SCHIZOPHRENIAJan Volavka; Fiscal Year: 1999..A second atypical drug risperidone (RIS) has not been adequately tested in refractory patients...
- Atypical Antipsychotics: Determinants of ConcentrationBruce Pollock; Fiscal Year: 2004..of Intervention Effectiveness (CATIE), is to reliably capture the concentration exposure of the antipsychotics (risperidone, olanzapine, ziprasidone, fluphenazine, perphenazine, and clozapine) using mixed effect population ..
- ANTIPSYCHOTIC TREATMENT IN LATE LIFE SCHIZOPHRENIAJonathan Lacro; Fiscal Year: 2001..experience with serotonin- dopamine antagonists, or "atypical" antipsychotic medications such as clozapine and risperidone, has shown that is possible to better dissociate the antipsychotic effects of medications from EPS and TD...
- Pharmacogenetics in Tourette SyndromHarvey Singer; Fiscal Year: 2004..of neurotransmitter polymorphisms predict the tic-suppressing pharmacologic effect of the atypical neuroleptic, risperidone. Patient response to pharmacotherapy will be based on a prospective evaluation of tic reduction, as measured by ..
- ATYPICAL ANTIPSYCHOTICS AND P50 GATING IN SCHIZOPHRENIALawrence Adler; Fiscal Year: 2001..This normalization has lasted up to 2 years in some patients. In contrast, treatment with risperidone did not normalize P50 gating in a similar group of patients...
- Citalopram Augmentation in Older Schizophrenia PatientsSidney Zisook; Fiscal Year: 2005..After stabilization for at least four weeks on an atypical antipsychotic agent (either risperidone or olanzapine), patients who have residual depressive symptoms (HAM-D score of ten or greater) will be ..
- Antidepressant Augmentation of Late Life SchizophreniaJohn Kasckow; Fiscal Year: 2005..After stabilization for at least four weeks on an atypical antipsychotic agent (either risperidone or olanzapine), patients who have residual depressive symptoms (HAM-D score of ten or greater) will be ..
- DNA Diagnostics for Minimizing Metabolic Side-Effects of AntipsychoticsGUALBERTO RUANO; Fiscal Year: 2009..information for each patient on the drug- specific risks among aripiprazole, olanzapine, quetiapine, risperidone, and ziprasidone...
- ATTENTION, WORKING MEMORY AND ANTIPSYCHOTICS USING FMRISandra Kindermann; Fiscal Year: 2003..The research plan compares the effects across time of haloperidol compared to risperidone on brain systems involved in selective attention and working memory, therapeutic response and level of adaptive ..
- Clozapine, cannabis and first episode schizophreniaAlan Green; Fiscal Year: 2003..provide support for a study of CLOZ in this population: (a) preliminary data suggest that CLOZ (but not risperidone [RISP] -or olanzapine) decreases substance use in patients with schizophrenia; (b) preliminary data suggest ..
- NOVEL ANTIPSYCHOTICS AND STEREOTYPED MOVEMENT DISORDERKarl Newell; Fiscal Year: 2007..g., olanzapine, risperidone) has led to this class of medication becoming the most frequently used medication treatment for behavioral and ..
- NEUROANATOMY AND PHARMACOTHERAPY OF OCD AND MAJOR DEPRESSanjaya Saxena; Fiscal Year: 2003..2) Cerebral Metabolic Predictors of Response to Paroxetine and Risperidone in Refractory OCD: This study has the following specific aims: a) to identify cerebral metabolic patterns with ..
- Impact of Atypical Antipsychotic Use on Health Care Utilization in the ElderlyRajender Aparasu; Fiscal Year: 2009..typical and atypical agents;and (3) to compare the overall health care use among the elderly using olanzapine, risperidone, and quetiapine...