Genomes and Genes
Summary: A potent, non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor used in combination with nucleoside analogues for treatment of HIV infection and AIDS.
Publications319 found, 100 shown here
- Predictors of virologic failure and resistance in HIV-infected patients treated with nevirapine- or efavirenz-based antiretroviral therapyJean Jacques Parienti
Department of Infectious Diseases and Virology, Côte de Nacre Hospital, Caen, France
Clin Infect Dis 38:1311-6. 2004..8-180.3; P<.0001). Patients' previous adherence to therapy and drugs genetic barriers, not only the number of pills or doses involved, should be taken into consideration in the decision to simplify highly active antiretroviral therapy...
- Coverage of nevirapine-based services to prevent mother-to-child HIV transmission in 4 African countriesElizabeth M Stringer
Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia, Plot 1275 Lubutu Rd, PO Box 34681, Lusaka, Zambia
JAMA 304:293-302. 2010..Few studies have objectively evaluated the coverage of services to prevent transmission of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) from mother to child...
- HIV-1 reverse transcriptase complex with DNA and nevirapine reveals non-nucleoside inhibition mechanismKalyan Das
Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 19:253-9. 2012..Five NNRTIs, including nevirapine, are clinical drugs; however, the molecular mechanism of inhibition by NNRTIs is not clear...
- Nevirapine- versus lopinavir/ritonavir-based initial therapy for HIV-1 infection among women in Africa: a randomized trialShahin Lockman
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Med 9:e1001236. 2012b>Nevirapine (NVP) is widely used in antiretroviral treatment (ART) of HIV-1 globally. The primary objective of the AA5208/OCTANE trial was to compare the efficacy of NVP-based versus lopinavir/ritonavir (LPV/r)-based initial ART.
- Comparison of first-line antiretroviral therapy with regimens including nevirapine, efavirenz, or both drugs, plus stavudine and lamivudine: a randomised open-label trial, the 2NN StudyF van Leth
International Antiviral Therapy Evaluation Center, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Lancet 363:1253-63. 2004The 2NN Study was a randomised comparison of the non-nucleoside reverse-transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTI) nevirapine and efavirenz.
- Outcomes of nevirapine- and efavirenz-based antiretroviral therapy when coadministered with rifampicin-based antitubercular therapyAndrew Boulle
School of Public Health and Family Medicine, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
JAMA 300:530-9. 2008Rifampicin-based antitubercular therapy reduces the plasma concentrations of nevirapine and efavirenz. The virological consequences of these interactions are not well described.
- Nevirapine versus ritonavir-boosted lopinavir for HIV-infected childrenAvy Violari
Perinatal HIV Research Unit, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
N Engl J Med 366:2380-9. 2012b>Nevirapine-based antiretroviral therapy is the predominant (and often the only) regimen available for children in resource-limited settings...
- Antiretroviral treatment for children with peripartum nevirapine exposurePaul Palumbo
Department of Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03765, USA
N Engl J Med 363:1510-20. 2010Single-dose nevirapine is the cornerstone of the regimen for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) in resource-limited settings, but nevirapine frequently selects for resistant virus in mothers ..
- N348I in the connection domain of HIV-1 reverse transcriptase confers zidovudine and nevirapine resistanceSoo Huey Yap
Molecular Interactions Group, Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
PLoS Med 4:e335. 2007..The objective of this multidisciplinary study was to establish the in vivo relevance of this mutation and its role in drug resistance...
- High rate of early virological failure with the once-daily tenofovir/lamivudine/nevirapine combination in naive HIV-1-infected patientsD Rey
COREVIH, Hopitaux Universitaires, Strasbourg, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 63:380-8. 2009..The once-daily combination of lamivudine, tenofovirDF and nevirapine has not been evaluated in a clinical trial.
- Efficacy and safety of an extended nevirapine regimen in infant children of breastfeeding mothers with HIV-1 infection for prevention of postnatal HIV-1 transmission (HPTN 046): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialHoosen M Coovadia
Maternal Adolescent and Child Health MatCH, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Lancet 379:221-8. 2012b>Nevirapine given once-daily for the first 6, 14, or 28 weeks of life to infants exposed to HIV-1 via breastfeeding reduces transmission through this route compared with single-dose nevirapine at birth or neonatally...
- Breastfeeding plus infant zidovudine prophylaxis for 6 months vs formula feeding plus infant zidovudine for 1 month to reduce mother-to-child HIV transmission in Botswana: a randomized trial: the Mashi StudyIbou Thior
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
JAMA 296:794-805. 2006..Postnatal transmission of human immunodeficiency virus-1 (HIV) via breastfeeding reverses gains achieved by perinatal antiretroviral interventions...
- Factors influencing efavirenz and nevirapine plasma concentration: effect of ethnicity, weight and co-medicationWolfgang Stöhr
MRC Clinical Trials Unit, London, UK
Antivir Ther 13:675-85. 2008The aim of this study was to examine factors influencing plasma concentration of efavirenz and nevirapine.
- Antiretroviral regimens in pregnancy and breast-feeding in BotswanaR L Shapiro
Division of Infectious Diseases, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 110 Francis St, Suite GB, Boston, MA 02215, USA
N Engl J Med 362:2282-94. 2010..The most effective highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) to prevent mother-to-child transmission of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) in pregnancy and its efficacy during breast-feeding are unknown...
- Cost-effectiveness of nevirapine to prevent mother-to-child HIV transmission in eight African countriesMichael D Sweat
Department of International Health, Bloomberg School of Public Health, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
AIDS 18:1661-71. 2004..Most attention has been given to preventing vertical transmission based on analysis showing nevirapine to be inexpensive and cost-effective.
- Pharmacokinetic parameters of nevirapine and efavirenz in relation to antiretroviral efficacyF Van Leth
International Antiviral Therapy Evaluation Center, Department of Internal Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, 1005 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 22:232-9. 2006..Cmin) and total drug exposure over 24 hr (AUC24) with virologic failure for therapy-adherent patients in the nevirapine (NVP) and efavirenz (EFV) groups of the double nonnucleoside study (2NN), which compared the efficacy of NVP and/..
- Nevirapine versus efavirenz for patients co-infected with HIV and tuberculosis: a randomised non-inferiority trialMaryline Bonnet
Epicentre, Paris, France
Lancet Infect Dis 13:303-12. 2013In countries with a high incidence of HIV and tuberculosis co-infection, nevirapine and efavirenz are widely used as antiretroviral therapy but both interact with antituberculosis drugs...
- HLA-B*3505 allele is a strong predictor for nevirapine-induced skin adverse drug reactions in HIV-infected Thai patientsSoranun Chantarangsu
Research Group for Pharmacogenomics, RIKEN, Center for Genomic Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Pharmacogenet Genomics 19:139-46. 2009Investigation of a possible involvement of differences in human leukocyte antigens (HLA) in the risk of nevirapine (NVP)-induced skin rash among HIV-infected patients.
- Female sex and the use of anti-allergic agents increase the risk of developing cutaneous rash associated with nevirapine therapyA Antinori
National Institute for Infectious Diseases Lazzaro Spallanzani, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
AIDS 15:1579-81. 2001..multicentre analysis of HIV outpatients starting a highly active antiretroviral therapy regimen containing nevirapine. A total of 62 cutaneous adverse events were observed in 429 patients...
- Adverse events associated with nevirapine and efavirenz-based first-line antiretroviral therapy: a systematic review and meta-analysisZara Shubber
Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London, UK
AIDS 27:1403-12. 2013Since 2002, the WHO has recommended either nevirapine (NVP) or efavirenz (EFV) as part of first-line antiretroviral therapy...
- Metabolic abnormalities and body composition of HIV-infected children on Lopinavir or Nevirapine-based antiretroviral therapyStephen Arpadi
Gertrude H Sergievsky Center, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University Medical Center, 630 W 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Arch Dis Child 98:258-64. 2013..We compared metabolic profiles and regional fat of children on ritonavir-boosted lopinavir (lopinavir/ritonavir), lamivudine and stavudine to those switched to nevirapine, lamivudine and stavudine.
- Determinants of adherence to a single-dose nevirapine regimen for the prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission in Gert Sibande district in South AfricaKarl Peltzer
Human Sciences Research Council, Pretoria, South Africa
Acta Paediatr 99:699-704. 2010..To identify factors that influence adherence to antiretroviral (ARV) prophylaxis by HIV positive mothers participating in the HIV prevention of mother to child (PMTCT) programme...
- Prevalence and risk factors for developing K65R mutations among HIV-1 infected patients who fail an initial regimen of fixed-dose combination of stavudine, lamivudine, and nevirapineSomnuek Sungkanuparph
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, 270 Rama 6 Road, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
J Clin Virol 41:310-3. 2008A fixed-dose combination of stavudine, lamivudine, and nevirapine (d4T/3TC/NVP) is extensively used as initial antiretroviral regimen in developing countries...
- Strategies for nevirapine initiation in HIV-infected children taking pediatric fixed-dose combination "baby pills" in Zambia: a randomized controlled trialV Mulenga
University Teaching Hospital, Lusaka, Zambia
Clin Infect Dis 51:1081-9. 2010Fixed-dose combination scored dispersible stavudine, lamivudine, and nevirapine minitablets (Triomune Baby and Junior; Cipla Ltd) are simpler and cheaper than liquid formulations and have correct dose ratios for human immunodeficiency ..
- Clinical toxicity of highly active antiretroviral therapy in a home-based AIDS care program in rural UgandaFatu Forna
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 44:456-62. 2007..We evaluated clinical toxicity in HIV-infected persons receiving antiretroviral therapy (ART) in Uganda...
- Persistent minority K103N mutations among women exposed to single-dose nevirapine and virologic response to nonnucleoside reverse-transcriptase inhibitor-based therapyAshraf Coovadia
Empilweni Clinic, Coronation Women and Children Hospital, Johannesburg, South Africa
Clin Infect Dis 48:462-72. 2009We investigated whether there are long-lasting effects of exposure to single-dose nevirapine (sdNVP) treatment on virologic response to nonnucleoside reverse-transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI)-based therapy among human immunodeficiency virus ..
- Antiretroviral therapies in women after single-dose nevirapine exposureShahin Lockman
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
N Engl J Med 363:1499-509. 2010Peripartum administration of single-dose nevirapine reduces mother-to-child transmission of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) but selects for nevirapine-resistant virus.
- Low-frequency K103N strengthens the impact of transmitted drug resistance on virologic responses to first-line efavirenz or nevirapine-based highly active antiretroviral therapyAnna Maria Geretti
Department of Virology, Royal Free Hampstead NHS Trust, London, UK
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 52:569-73. 2009..There are conflicting data on the impact of low-frequency transmitted drug-resistant mutants on responses to first-line highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- Nevirapine and efavirenz elicit different changes in lipid profiles in antiretroviral-therapy-naive patients infected with HIV-1Frank van Leth
International Antiviral Therapy Evaluation Center, Division of Infectious Diseases, Tropical Medicine, and AIDS, Department of Internal Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS Med 1:e19. 2004..We analysed whether lipid changes differed between the two most commonly used NNRTIs, nevirapine (NVP) and efavirenz (EFV).
- High exposure to nevirapine in plasma is associated with an improved virological response in HIV-1-infected individualsA I Veldkamp
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Slotervaart Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
AIDS 15:1089-95. 2001OBJECTIVE: To explore relationships between exposure to nevirapine and the virological response in HIV-1-infected individuals participating in the INCAS trial...
- Risk factors for treatment-limiting toxicities in patients starting nevirapine-containing antiretroviral therapyAnouk M Kesselring
HIV Monitoring Foundation, The Netherlands
AIDS 23:1689-99. 2009..collaboration of seven observational clinical cohorts investigated risk factors for treatment-limiting toxicities in both antiretroviral-naive and experienced patients starting nevirapine-based combination antiretroviral therapy (NVPc).
- A randomized trial comparing plasma drug concentrations and efficacies between 2 nonnucleoside reverse-transcriptase inhibitor-based regimens in HIV-infected patients receiving rifampicin: the N2R StudyWeerawat Manosuthi
Dept of Medicine, Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute, Ministry of Public Health, Tiwanon Rd, Nonthaburi 11000, Thailand
Clin Infect Dis 48:1752-9. 2009..our knowledge, to date, no prospective, randomized, clinical trial has compared standard doses of efavirenz- and nevirapine-based antiretroviral therapy among patients with concurrent human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) ..
- Couples' voluntary counselling and testing and nevirapine use in antenatal clinics in two African capitals: a prospective cohort studyMartha Conkling
Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Int AIDS Soc 13:10. 2010..This study was conducted to assess the feasibility of couples' voluntary counseling and testing (CVCT) in antenatal care and to measure compliance with PMTCT...
- Comparing two service delivery models for the prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) of HIV during transition from single-dose nevirapine to multi-drug antiretroviral regimensLandry Tsague
International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs, Kigali, Rwanda
BMC Public Health 10:753. 2010..compares two service delivery models of PMTCT interventions and documents the lessons learned and the challenges encountered during the transition from single-dose nevirapine (sd-nvp) to md-ARV regimens in a resource-limited setting.
- Prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV infection: views and perceptions about swallowing nevirapine in rural Lilongwe, MalawiDeirdre A O'Gorman
Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Pembroke Place, Liverpool, L3 5QA, UK
BMC Public Health 10:354. 2010..Urban men's and rural traditional birth attendants' (TBAs) involvement have improved uptake of HIV testing and of nevirapine.
- Toxicogenomics of nevirapine-associated cutaneous and hepatic adverse events among populations of African, Asian, and European descentJing Yuan
Non Clinical Drug Safety, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc, Ridgefield, Connecticut 06877, USA
AIDS 25:1271-80. 2011b>Nevirapine is widely prescribed for HIV-1 infection. We characterized relationships between nevirapine-associated cutaneous and hepatic adverse events and genetic variants among HIV-infected adults.
- Efficacy of short-course AZT plus 3TC to reduce nevirapine resistance in the prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission: a randomized clinical trialJames A McIntyre
Perinatal HIV Research Unit, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
PLoS Med 6:e1000172. 2009Single-dose nevirapine (sdNVP)-which prevents mother-to-child transmission of HIV-selects non-nucleoside reverse-transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI) resistance mutations in the majority of women and HIV-infected infants receiving it...
- TMC278, a next-generation nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI), active against wild-type and NNRTI-resistant HIV-1Hilde Azijn
Tibotec Virco BVBA, Generaal De Wittelaan L11 B3, B 2800 Mechelen, Belgium
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:718-27. 2010..However, in the setting of incomplete viral suppression, efavirenz and nevirapine select for resistant viruses...
- Efficacy and safety of once-daily nevirapine- or efavirenz-based antiretroviral therapy in HIV-associated tuberculosis: a randomized clinical trialSoumya Swaminathan
Department of Clinical Research, Tuberculosis Research Centre, Indian Council of Medical Research, Chennai, India
Clin Infect Dis 53:716-24. 2011b>Nevirapine (NVP) can be safely and effectively administered once-daily but has not been assessed in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected patients with tuberculosis (TB)...
- The N348I mutation at the connection subdomain of HIV-1 reverse transcriptase decreases binding to nevirapineMatthew M Schuckmann
Christopher Bond Life Sciences Center, Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
J Biol Chem 285:38700-9. 2010..the enzymatic properties of N348I RT and determine the biochemical mechanism of resistance to the NNRTI nevirapine (NVP)...
- First-line antiretroviral therapy after single-dose nevirapine exposure in South Africa: a cost-effectiveness analysis of the OCTANE trialAndrea L Ciaranello
Division of Infectious Disease, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, 02114, USA
AIDS 25:479-92. 2011The OCTANE trial reports superior outcomes of lopinavir/ritonavir vs. nevirapine-based antiretroviral therapy (ART) among women previously exposed to single-dose nevirapine to prevent mother-to-child HIV transmission...
- Stavudine- and nevirapine-related drug toxicity while on generic fixed-dose antiretroviral treatment: incidence, timing and risk factors in a three-year cohort in Kigali, RwandaJohan van Griensven
Medecins Sans Frontieres, Operational Centre Brussels, Medical Department, Duprestraat 94, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 104:148-53. 2010This cohort study was conducted to report on the incidence, timing and risk factors for stavudine (d4T)- and nevirapine (NVP)-related severe drug toxicity (requiring substitution) with a generic fixed-dose combination under program ..
- Nevirapine/zidovudine/lamivudine has superior immunological and virological responses not reflected in clinical outcomes in a 48-week randomized comparison with abacavir/zidovudine/lamivudine in HIV-infected Ugandan adults with low CD4 cell countsP Munderi
MRC UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS, Entebbe, Uganda
HIV Med 11:334-44. 2010..Concerns exist about virological potency; efficacy has not been assessed in Africa...
- Switching children previously exposed to nevirapine to nevirapine-based treatment after initial suppression with a protease-inhibitor-based regimen: long-term follow-up of a randomised, open-label trialLouise Kuhn
Gertrude H Sergievsky Center, College of Physicians and Surgeons, and Department of Epidemiology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Lancet Infect Dis 12:521-30. 2012..treatment is recommended as first-line for infants infected with HIV who have been previously exposed to nevirapine prophylaxis...
- Sex differences in nevirapine disposition in HIV-infected patientsMario Regazzi
Departments of Pharmacology and Infectious Diseases, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, 27100 Pavia, Italy
AIDS 17:2399-400. 2003
- Long-term efficacy and tolerance of efavirenz- and nevirapine-containing regimens in adult HIV type 1 Senegalese patientsPierre De Beaudrap
Hospices Civils de Lyon, Service de Biostatistique, Lyon, F 69424, France
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 24:753-60. 2008Owing to their low toxicity, low price, and ease of use, efavirenz (EFV) and nevirapine (NVP) are frequently used as part of antiretroviral regimens for AIDS treatment...
- Impact of minority nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor resistance mutations on resistance genotype after virologic failureJonathan Z Li
Division of Infectious Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Infect Dis 207:893-7. 2013..In multivariable logistic regression analysis, higher NNRTI minority variant copy numbers, non-white race, and nevirapine use were associated with a higher risk of NNRTI resistance at virologic failure...
- HLA-Cw8 primarily associated with hypersensitivity to nevirapineHiroyuki Gatanaga
AIDS 21:264-5. 2007
- Voluntary counselling and testing (VCT) uptake, nevirapine use and infant feeding options at the University of Nigeria Teaching HospitalH E Onah
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu, Nigeria
J Obstet Gynaecol 28:276-9. 2008This study assessed voluntary counselling and testing (VCT) uptake, nevirapine use and infant feeding options among the pregnant women seen in a tertiary care centre in Enugu, South-east Nigeria, with the aim of identifying gaps (if any) ..
- Non-adherence to the single dose nevirapine regimen for the prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV in Bindura town, Zimbabwe: a cross-sectional analytic studyLazarus R Kuonza
Department of Community Medicine, College of Health Sciences, University of Zimbabwe, Harare, Zimbabwe
BMC Public Health 10:218. 2010..In this study we determined the prevalence of and factors associated with non-adherence to the single dose nevirapine (SD-NVP) regimen for PMTCT in Bindura town.
- Slower clearance of nevirapine resistant virus in infants failing extended nevirapine prophylaxis for prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmissionDeborah Persaud
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 27:823-9. 2011b>Nevirapine resistance mutations arise commonly following single or extended-dose nevirapine (ED-NVP) prophylaxis to prevent mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), but decay within 6-12 months of single-..
- Detection of minority populations of HIV-1 expressing the K103N resistance mutation in patients failing nevirapineDenise Lecossier
INSERM U552, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 38:37-42. 2005Salvage therapy with efavirenz is often ineffective in patients having failed nevirapine treatment, even when mutations associated with efavirenz resistance are not detected by standard population-based genotyping...
- Predisposition to nevirapine hypersensitivity associated with HLA-DRB1*0101 and abrogated by low CD4 T-cell countsAnnalise M Martin
Centre for Clinical Immunology and Biomedical Statistics, Royal Perth Hospital and Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia
AIDS 19:97-9. 2005Genetic (human leukocyte antigen), disease-related and demographic risk factors for nevirapine reactions were examined in a nevirapine-exposed cohort...
- Emergence of drug-resistant HIV-1 after intrapartum administration of single-dose nevirapine is substantially underestimatedJeffrey A Johnson
Laboratory Branch, National Center for HIV, STD, and Tuberculosis Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 192:16-23. 2005..drug resistance mutations in approximately 40% of women shortly after they receive intrapartum single-dose nevirapine (SD-NVP)...
- Predictors of nonadherence to single-dose nevirapine therapy for the prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmissionSandra Albrecht
Gertrude H Sergievsky Center, Department of Epidemiology, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 41:114-8. 2006Adequate adherence is required for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV (pMTCT) programs to be effective. We investigated predictors and extent of nonadherence to single-dose nevirapine.
- Predictors of rapid HIV testing acceptance and successful nevirapine administration in Zambian labor wardsKaren M Megazzini
School of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 52:273-9. 2009..Provision of HIV testing in labor provides an opportunity to reach susceptible women and infants...
- Improvement of mitochondrial toxicity in patients receiving a nucleoside reverse-transcriptase inhibitor-sparing strategy: results from the Multicenter Study with Nevirapine and Kaletra (MULTINEKA)Eugenia Negredo
Lluita contra la SIDA Foundation, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 49:892-900. 2009..This study aimed to evaluate in vivo the effects of NRTI withdrawal on mitochondrial parameters and body fat distribution...
- Implementing a rural programme of prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV in Zimbabwe: first 18 months of experienceFreddy Perez
Institut de Santé Publique, d Epidémiologie et de Développement ISPED, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
Trop Med Int Health 9:774-83. 2004..To report on activities and lessons learned during the first 18 months of a rural programme of prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV (PMTCT) in Zimbabwe...
- HLA-dependent hypersensitivity to nevirapine in Sardinian HIV patientsRoberto Littera
Centro Regionale Trapianti, Ospedale R Binaghi, Azienda USL no 8, Cagliari, Italy
AIDS 20:1621-6. 2006Hypersensitivity reaction to nevirapine, which in some cases can be fatal, shows a higher prevalence in Sardinia in comparison with other Italian regions.
- Quantifying the metabolic activation of nevirapine in patients by integrated applications of NMR and mass spectrometriesAbhishek Srivastava
MRC Centre for Drug Safety Science, Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, School of Biomedical Sciences, The University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Drug Metab Dispos 38:122-32. 2010b>Nevirapine (NVP), an antiretroviral drug, is associated with idiosyncratic hepatotoxicity and skin reactions. Metabolic pathways of haptenation and immunotoxicity mechanisms have been proposed...
- Antenatal couple counseling increases uptake of interventions to prevent HIV-1 transmissionCarey Farquhar
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104 249, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 37:1620-6. 2004..b>Nevirapine was provided to HIV-1-seropositive women and condoms distributed to all participants...
- Quantifying the impact of nevirapine-based prophylaxis strategies to prevent mother-to-child transmission of HIV-1: a combined pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, and viral dynamic analysis to predict clinical outcomesM Frank
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Institute of Pharmacy, Martin Luther Universitaet Halle Wittenberg, Wolfgang Langenbeck Str 4, 06120 Halle, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:5529-40. 2011Single-dose nevirapine (sd-NVP) and extended NVP prophylaxis are widely used in resource-constrained settings to prevent vertical HIV-1 transmission...
- Operational evaluation of a service for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV in rural Uganda: barriers to uptake of single-dose nevirapine and the role of birth reportingHenry Barigye
MRC UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS, Uganda Virus Research Institute, Entebbe, Uganda
Trop Med Int Health 15:1163-71. 2010To determine factors associated with pregnant women being HIV positive, barriers to the uptake of single-dose nevirapine (sdNVP) for prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) and feasibility and effectiveness of reporting HIV-..
- Nevirapine for the prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV: a nation-wide coverage survey in Côte d'IvoirePatrick A Coffie
Programme PACCI Pôle Mère enfant, Abidjan, Cote d Ivoire
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 57:S3-8. 2011Single-dose nevirapine (NVP) is the simplest antiretroviral regimen for the prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission (PMTCT) in resource-limited settings...
- Development of a liposomal nanodelivery system for nevirapineLakshmi N Ramana
Centre for Nanotechnology and Advanced Biomaterials, School of Chemical and Biotechnology, SASTRA University, Thanjavur 613 401, India
J Biomed Sci 17:57. 2010..In the present study, we have evaluated a liposome system for the delivery of nevirapine, a hydrophobic non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor...
- Extended antenatal use of triple antiretroviral therapy for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV-1 correlates with favorable pregnancy outcomesMaria C Marazzi
LUMSA University, Rome, Italy
AIDS 25:1611-8. 2011..To evaluate pregnancy outcomes in a cohort of HIV-infected women receiving triple antiretroviral therapy (ART) for prevention of mother-to-child-transmission...
- Risk of early virological failure of once-daily tenofovir-emtricitabine plus twice-daily nevirapine in antiretroviral therapy-naive HIV-infected patientsGiuseppe Lapadula
Clin Infect Dis 46:1127-9. 2008
- Constrained patterns of covariation and clustering of HIV-1 non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor resistance mutationsElizabeth C Reuman
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Stanford University, 300 Pasteur Drive, Grant S 146, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:1477-85. 2010....
- Risk of side effects associated with the use of nevirapine in treatment-naïve patients, with respect to gender and CD4 cell countH Knobel
Department of Internal Medicine Infectious Diseases, Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
HIV Med 9:14-8. 2008A warning about the use of nevirapine (NVP) by its pharmaceutical manufacturer has been issued in which it has been recommended that NVP should not be prescribed in patients with increased risk of toxicity based on CD4 cut-offs and gender...
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of combined nevirapine and zidovudine compared with nevirapine alone in the prevention of perinatal transmission of HIV in ZimbabwePaul Thistle
The Salvation Army Howard Hospital, Glendale, Zimbabwe
Clin Infect Dis 44:111-9. 2007A single dose of nevirapine (sdNVP) administered to both mother and infant can decrease mother-to-child transmission of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) by 47%, compared with ultra-short course zidovudine therapy (usZDV)...
- Analysis of RT sequences of subtype C HIV-type 1 isolates from indian patients at failure of a first-line treatment according to clinical and/or immunological WHO guidelinesAlaka Deshpande
ART Center and Department of Internal Medicine, Sir JJ Hospital, Byculla, Mumbai, India
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 26:343-50. 2010..Numerous crucial DRMs to NRTIs and NNRTIs could be recorded including TAMs of pathway 1 and K65R. According to both algorithms, the accumulation of DRMs may induce resistance to second-line NRTIs including tenofovir...
- Incidence and risk factors of severe adverse events with nevirapine-based antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected women. MTCT-Plus program, Abidjan, Côte d'IvoirePatrick A Coffie
Programme MTCT Plus, ACONDA, BP 1954 Abidjan 18, Abidjan, Cote d Ivoire
BMC Infect Dis 10:188. 2010In resource-limited settings where nevirapine-containing regimen is the preferred regimen in women, data on severe adverse events (SAEs) according to CD4 cell count are limited...
- Role of low-frequency HIV-1 variants in failure of nevirapine-containing antiviral therapy in women previously exposed to single-dose nevirapineValerie F Boltz
National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:9202-7. 2011In the OCTANE/A5208 study of initial antiretroviral therapy (ART) in women exposed to single-dose nevirapine (sdNVP) ≥ 6 mo earlier, the primary endpoint (virological failure or death) was significantly more frequent in the NVP-..
- Exposure of normal and transformed cells to nevirapine, a reverse transcriptase inhibitor, reduces cell growth and promotes differentiationRosamaria Mangiacasale
CNR, Institute of Molecular Biology and Pathology, Rome, Italy
Oncogene 22:2750-61. 2003..b>Nevirapine is a non-nucleoside RT inhibitor with a well-characterized inhibitory activity on RT enzymes of retroviral ..
- Efavirenz versus nevirapine-based initial treatment of HIV infection: clinical and virological outcomes in Southern African adultsJean B Nachega
Department of Internal Medicine and Center for Infectious Disease, Stellenbosch University, Cape Town, South Africa
AIDS 22:2117-25. 2008To determine the effectiveness of efavirenz versus nevirapine in initial antiretroviral therapy regimens for adults in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Nevirapine versus atazanavir/ritonavir, each combined with tenofovir disoproxil fumarate/emtricitabine, in antiretroviral-naive HIV-1 patients: the ARTEN TrialVicente Soriano
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
Antivir Ther 16:339-48. 2011..Selection of first-line antiretroviral therapy requires consideration of efficacy as well as effects on lipids given the increased concern about cardiovascular risk in HIV-1 patients...
- Routine versus clinically driven laboratory monitoring of HIV antiretroviral therapy in Africa (DART): a randomised non-inferiority trialP Mugyenyi
MRC Clinical Trials Unit, 222 Euston Road, London NW1 2DA, UK
Lancet 375:123-31. 2010..This trial investigated whether routine toxicity and efficacy monitoring of HIV-infected patients receiving ART had an important long-term effect on clinical outcomes in Africa...
- Cytochrome P450 2B6 (CYP2B6) G516T influences nevirapine plasma concentrations in HIV-infected patients in UgandaS R Penzak
Clinical Pharmacokinetics Research Laboratory, National Institutes of Health, Clinical Center Pharmacy Department, Bldg 10, Room 1 N 257, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
HIV Med 8:86-91. 2007Polymorphisms in the cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2B6 gene have been shown to influence nevirapine plasma concentrations in HIV-infected European Caucasians...
- Antiretroviral resistance patterns and factors associated with resistance in adult patients failing NNRTI-based regimens in the Western Cape, South AfricaGert U van Zyl
Division of Medical Virology, Stellenbosch University, Tygerberg, Cape Town, South Africa
J Med Virol 83:1764-9. 2011..A prolonged estimated period of failure was associated with having ≥3 TAMs. Patients treated with nevirapine (NVP) were more likely to have ETV resistance than those treated with efavirenz (EFV)...
- Risk of severe hepatotoxicity associated with antiretroviral therapy in the HIV-NAT Cohort, Thailand, 1996-2001W Phillip Law
National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
AIDS 17:2191-9. 2003..To examine rates and predictors of severe hepatotoxicity with combination antiretroviral therapy in a developing country setting: the eight HIV-NAT randomized controlled trials in Thailand...
- Safety and efficacy of nevirapine- and efavirenz-based antiretroviral treatment in adults treated for TB-HIV co-infection in BotswanaL K Shipton
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 13:360-6. 2009The safety and efficacy of nevirapine (NVP) and efavirenz (EFV) based highly active antiretroviral treatment (ART) with concurrent anti-tuberculosis treatment in sub-Saharan Africa has not been well established.
- Extended antenatal antiretroviral use correlates with improved infant outcomes throughout the first year of lifeMaria C Marazzi
Division of Infectious Diseases, David Geffen UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
AIDS 24:2819-26. 2010..To evaluate the effect of extended antenatal triple antiretroviral therapy (ART) on infant outcomes...
- Efficacy and safety of nevirapine extended-release once daily versus nevirapine immediate-release twice-daily in treatment-naive HIV-1-infected patientsJoseph Gathe
Therapeutic Concepts, Houston, Texas, USA
Antivir Ther 16:759-69. 2011This study (VERxVE) compared the efficacy and safety of the new nevirapine extended-release (NVP XR) formulation dosed once daily with NVP immediate release (IR) twice daily in treatment-naive patients.
- Three generic nevirapine-based antiretroviral treatments in Chinese HIV/AIDS patients: multicentric observation cohortTaisheng Li
Department of Infectious Disease, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 3:e3918. 2008The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of three nevirapine-based antiretroviral treatments for adult antiretroviral-naïve Chinese patients with HIV-1 infection.
- Nevirapine and the risk of Stevens-Johnson syndrome or toxic epidermal necrolysisJ P Fagot
, , Paris France
AIDS 15:1843-8. 2001..attention to the many cases of Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS) or toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN) related to nevirapine detected in a multinational case-control study of SJS and TEN...
- HIV-1 persists in breast milk cells despite antiretroviral treatment to prevent mother-to-child transmissionDara A Lehman
Division of Human Biology, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
AIDS 22:1475-85. 2008..The effects of short-course antiretrovirals given to reduce mother-to-child transmission (MTCT) on temporal patterns of cell-associated HIV-1 RNA and DNA in breast milk are not well defined...
- Reuse of nevirapine in exposed HIV-infected children after protease inhibitor-based viral suppression: a randomized controlled trialAshraf Coovadia
Empilweni Services and Research Unit, Rahima Moosa Mother and Child Hospital, Johannesburg, South Africa
JAMA 304:1082-90. 2010..therapy is recommended for infants infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) who were exposed to nevirapine for prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission...
- Persistence of nevirapine-resistant HIV-1 in women after single-dose nevirapine therapy for prevention of maternal-to-fetal HIV-1 transmissionS Palmer
HIV Drug Resistance Program, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:7094-9. 2006Single-dose nevirapine (sdNVP) for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV-1 can select nevirapine (NVP)-resistant variants, but the frequency, duration, and clinical significance of this resistance is not well defined...
- Antiretroviral therapy in pregnant women with advanced HIV disease and pregnancy outcomes in Abidjan, Côte d'IvoireDidier K Ekouevi
ANRS 1201 1202 DITRAME PLUS Project, PACCI Collaboration, Abidjan, Cote d Ivoire, France
AIDS 22:1815-20. 2008..Pregnancy outcomes in women receiving highly active antiretroviral treatment (HAART) in Africa are not well described...
- Characterization of the in vitro biotransformation of the HIV-1 reverse transcriptase inhibitor nevirapine by human hepatic cytochromes P-450D A Erickson
Department of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Ridgefield, Connecticut 06877, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 27:1488-95. 1999b>Nevirapine (NVP), a non-nucleoside inhibitor of HIV-1 reverse transcriptase, is concomitantly administered to patients with a variety of medications...
- Influence of CYP2B6 polymorphism on plasma and intracellular concentrations and toxicity of efavirenz and nevirapine in HIV-infected patientsMargalida Rotger
Institute of Microbiology and Section of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Pharmacogenet Genomics 15:1-5. 2005Efavirenz (EFV) and nevirapine (NVP) are metabolized by cytochrome P450 2B6 (CYP2B6). Allele 516 G>T (Gln172His) is associated with diminished activity of this isoenzyme, and may lead to differences in drug exposure.
- Field efficacy of zidovudine, lamivudine and single-dose nevirapine to prevent peripartum HIV transmissionFrancois Dabis
Unité INSERM 593, Institut de Santé Publique, Epidémiologie et Développement ISPED, Universite Victor Segalen, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux, France
AIDS 19:309-18. 2005In Africa, single-dose nevirapine (NVPsd), short regimens of zidovudine (ZDV) or ZDV + lamivudine (3TC) are recommended to prevent peripartum mother-to-child HIV transmission (PMTCT)...
- Rapid scaling-up of antiretroviral therapy in 10,000 adults in Côte d'Ivoire: 2-year outcomes and determinantsSiaka Toure
Aconda Association, Abidjan, Cote d Ivoire
AIDS 22:873-82. 2008..To assess the rates and determinants of mortality, loss to follow-up and immunological failure in a nongovernmental organization-implemented program of access to antiretroviral treatment in Côte d'Ivoire...
- Substitution of nevirapine because of efavirenz toxicity in AIDS clinical trials group A5095Jeffrey T Schouten
University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Clin Infect Dis 50:787-91. 2010..Trials Group A5095, 9% of participants who experienced an adverse event related to efavirenz substituted nevirapine. Most adverse events resolved; 15 participants ultimately discontinued nevirapine therapy...
- Minority quasispecies of drug-resistant HIV-1 that lead to early therapy failure in treatment-naive and -adherent patientsKarin J Metzner
Institute of Clinical and Molecular Virology, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Clin Infect Dis 48:239-47. 2009..Therefore, we evaluated the possible role of minority quasispecies of drug-resistant human immunodeficiency virus type 1, which are undetectable at baseline by population sequencing, with regard to early virological failure...
- Preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV in resource-limited settings: the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation experienceAllison Spensley
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, Santa Monica, CA, USA
Am J Public Health 99:631-7. 2009..We review 6(1/2) years of one of the world's largest programs for the prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) of HIV...
- Intrapartum and neonatal single-dose nevirapine compared with zidovudine for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV-1 in Kampala, Uganda: 18-month follow-up of the HIVNET 012 randomised trialJ Brooks Jackson
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Lancet 362:859-68. 2003In 1999, we reported safety and efficacy data for short-course nevirapine from a Ugandan perinatal HIV-1 prevention trial when 496 babies were followed up to age 14-16 weeks...
- Virological, immunological, and clinical impact of switching from protease inhibitors to nevirapine or to efavirenz in patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection and long-lasting viral suppressionEugenia Negredo
Fundació Lluita contra la Sida, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 34:504-10. 2002..infected with human immunodeficiency virus were randomized to switch from protease inhibitor (PI) therapy to nevirapine therapy (group A; n=26) or to efavirenz therapy (group B; n=25) or to continue PI therapy (group C; n=26)...
- Nevirapine uptake into the central nervous system of the Guinea pig: an in situ brain perfusion studyJ E Gibbs
King s College London, Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Division, London SE1 1UL, UK
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 317:746-51. 2006..Using a well established guinea pig in situ brain perfusion model, this study investigated whether nevirapine [6H-dipyrido(3,2-b:2',3'-e)(1,4)diazepin-6-one,11-cyclopropyl-5,11-dihydro-4-methyl], a non-nucleoside reverse ..
- Association between efavirenz-based compared with nevirapine-based antiretroviral regimens and virological failure in HIV-infected childrenElizabeth D Lowenthal
Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
JAMA 309:1803-9. 2013Worldwide, the nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs) efavirenz and nevirapine are commonly used in first-line antiretroviral regimens in both adults and children with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection...
- A cluster-randomized trial of enhanced labor ward-based PMTCT services to increase nevirapine coverage in Lusaka, ZambiaKaren M Megazzini
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Schools of Public Health and Medicine, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
AIDS 24:447-55. 2010Determine whether enhanced labor ward-based services for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV (PMTCT) would improve nevirapine (NVP) coverage.
- Development of Transdermal Films for the the Delivery of HIV TherapeuticsAnthony Sang Won Ham; Fiscal Year: 2010..in replicate antiviral assays, indicating that it was several orders of magnitude more active against HIV-1 than nevirapine and the early NNRTIs and of similar potency to Sustiva...
- Antimalarial Pharmacology in HIV Coinfected Children and Pregnant Women in UgandaSunil Parikh; Fiscal Year: 2013..PI-based regimens include lopinavir/ritonavir, and NNRTI-based regimens include either nevirapine or efavirenz...
- Malaria treatment outcomes and pharmacokinetics in HIV-infected pregnant womenMYAING MYAING NYUNT; Fiscal Year: 2010..if standard doses of artemether- lumefantrine are safe and efficacious in pregnant women who are taking nevirapine-based ART for the treatment of HIV...
- Global HIV Drug Therapies and Mitochondrial Complications and MechanismsMariana Gerschenson; Fiscal Year: 2012..n=50) compared to continuous ZDV + 3TC (n=50) or tenofovir (TDF) + emtricitabine (FTC) (n=50), all given with nevirapine (NVP) in 150 HIV+ na[unreadable]ve patients...
- NeuroAIDS Therapy in the EcoHIV Mouse ModelDAVID VOLSKY; Fiscal Year: 2009..reported that zalcitabine and abacavir block EcoHIV/NDK infection of mice and show in this application that nevirapine and the protease inhibitor saquinavir significantly reduce virus spread in mice...
- Impact of TB on Outcome of HIV in Pregnant WomenRichard E Chaisson; Fiscal Year: 2013..with the efficacy of treatment to prevent MTCT with the non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs) nevirapine and efavirenz because of upregulation of P450 cytochromes by rifampin, the key drug in TB therapy...
- Impact of maternal HAART on HIV-infected breastfeeding infants: MalawiSusan H Eshleman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Most women (~70%) received single dose nevirapine (sdNVP). All infants received sdNVP and 1 week of zidovudine (control regimen)...
- HAART to Prevent HIV Transmission to Infants In BotswanaRoger L Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2010..An additional group of -140 women with baseline CD4 counts <200 cells/mm3 will receive Nevirapine (NVP)/CBV for treatment, continued indefinitely...
- Feasibility and Cost of WHO PMTCT Option A vs. B in Rural and Urban UgandaPhilippa Musoke; Fiscal Year: 2013..Option A consists of maternal AZT prophylaxis throughout pregnancy and delivery, complemented by daily nevirapine for the infant from birth until one week after complete cessation of breastfeeding...
- Development of Age-Appropriate Fast Disintegrating Pediatric Granules and TabletsMOJI ADEYEYE; Fiscal Year: 2009..FDFD) granules and tablets of fixed dose combination antiretroviral (ARV) drugs - zidovudine, lamivudine and nevirapine for the pediatric population...
- Plugging Hair ARV Levels as Adherence Biomarkers into HIV Prevention TrialsMonica Gandhi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 2 adds hair measures for nevirapine (NVP) monitoring into the daily infant NVP prophylaxis arm of PROMISE BF (Promoting Maternal and Infant Survival ..
- Lopinavir/ritonavir + zidovudine to prevent perinatal HIV in ThailandMarc J Lallemant; Fiscal Year: 2013..not need treatment for their own health receive zidovudine (ZDV) from 28 weeks'gestation, with single dose nevirapine (NVP) at onset of labor and in infants at 48-72 hours of life for the prevention of mother to child transmission ..
- HIV and Global Drug Therapies: Peripheral Neuropathy Complications and MechanismsCecilia M Shikuma; Fiscal Year: 2012..n=50) compared to continuous ZDV + 3TC (n=50) or tenofovir (TDF) + emtricitabine (FTC) (n=50), all given with nevirapine (NVP) in ARV-naive subjects in Bangkok, Thailand...
- Pharmacokinetics of Anti-tuberculosis and Antiretroviral Drugs in ChildrenAWEWURA JACOB KWARA; Fiscal Year: 2013..TB therapy induces drug clearance substantially in young TB/HIV co-infected children resulting in reduced nevirapine exposure as compared to children receiving nevirapine therapy without anti-TB therapy...
- IMPACT OF INTESTINAL DYSFUNCTION ON ANTIRETROVIRAL THERAPY IN INDIARITA CAROLINE ISAAC; Fiscal Year: 2012..and viral resistance mutation at baseline and 12 months in a cohort of HIV seropositive individuals initiated on nevirapine based HAART...
- LIPOGENESIS & LIPOPROTEIN COMPLICATIONS OF HIV THERAPYDavid Y Hui; Fiscal Year: 2010..In contrast, treatment that includes non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTI) nevirapine and efavirenz increases HDL-cholesterol...
- Optimal dosing of 1st line antituberculosis and antiretroviral drugs in childrenHelen McIlleron; Fiscal Year: 2013..In many settings nevirapine (NVP)-based regimens remain the only effective ART available...
- Cellular Signaling in Drug-induced ToxicityNAMANDJE BUMPUS; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Efavirenz (EFV) and nevirapine (NVP) are currently prescribed antiretroviral drugs of the same class that are hepatotoxic...
- Structure activity and structure property relationships for novel anti-HIV agentsKATHLEEN MARY FREY; Fiscal Year: 2013..Currently, there are fie FDA approved NNRTIs targeting RT, which include nevirapine, delaviridine, efavirenz, etravirine, and rilpivirine...
- Community Home Based India Prevention of Mother To Child Transmission studyNISHI PADMAKAR SURYAVANSHI; Fiscal Year: 2013..mothers;2) Promotion of exclusive breastfeeding for 6 months;3) Administration of six weeks extended nevirapine prophylaxis (SWEN) to all HIV-exposed infants and 4) Engagement and retention of women and infants in postpartum ..
- Treatment Options for Protease Inhibitor Exposed ChildrenLouise Kuhn; Fiscal Year: 2013..because of concerns about resistance to non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase-inhibitors (NNRTI) following use of nevirapine (NVP) in prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission (PMTCT)...
- Drug-resistance testing in Kenya to improve ART suppression of HIV replicationLisa M Frenkel; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, detection of NNRTI-resistance by OLA is highly (P<0.001) associated with virologic failure of nevirapine (NVP)-ART in two retrospective studies;one of Thai women who had been previously randomized to single-dose NVP ..
- A pharmacokinetic evaluation of levonorgestrel implant and antiretroviral therapyKimberly K Scarsi; Fiscal Year: 2013..this proposal i to conduct a PK study to evaluate the combination of a levonorgestrel (LNG) implant and NNRTI (nevirapine or efavirenz)-based ART in HIV-infected Ugandan women...
- Clinical Trial of CNS Penetrating ART to Prevent NeuroAIDS in ChinaScott L Letendre; Fiscal Year: 2013..The primary objective will be to determine the effects of better penetrating (BP) ART (zidovudine-lamivudine-nevirapine) compared with worse penetrating (WP) ART (tenofovir-lamivudine-efavirenz) on the prevention of HAND...
- Lamivudine and its Impact on Perinatal HBV Transmission in HIV/HBV CoinfectionDebika Bhattacharya; Fiscal Year: 2013..In HIV, when single agent nevirapine is used for PMTCT, HIV resistance commonly occurs and is associated with HIV treatment failure in infants and ..
- Short Breastfeeding and Cotrimoxazole among HIV-Exposed Infants in BotswanaRoger L Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2013..Supported feeding options will include exclusive BF + infant nevirapine prophylaxis for up to 3 months, exclusive BF + maternal HAART (if available) for up to 6 months, or FF from ..
- ANTIRETROVIRAL THERAPIES AND SUBSTANCE ABUSEDavid Greenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2002..to determine the capacity of HIV PIs (ritonavir, nelfinavir, indinavir, saquinavir) and of NNRTls tdelavirdine, nevirapine, efavirenz) to inhibit CYP3A-mediated metabolism of methadone, buprenorphine, triazolam, alprazolam, ..
- CHEMISTRY SUPPORT SERVICES TO THE ETP FOR AIDS THERAPEUTICSReshan Fernando; Fiscal Year: 2009..UPLC, gas chromatography, elemental analysis were used to assess the purity of zivudine, lamavudine, nevirapine, and nelfinavir and begin the assessment of emtricitabine, lopinavir, ritonavir, and tenofovir...
- Quantification and dynamics of HIV-1 drug resistant mutants by pirosequencingLisa M Frenkel; Fiscal Year: 2010..Following single-dose nevirapine (sdNVP) HIV-1 resistance to NVP has been detected in 20- 69% of mothers and 46-87% of infants by consensus ..
- Growth Trends and Mortality Risks Among HIV-exposed Infants in BotswanaKathleen Powis; Fiscal Year: 2013..breastfeeding is associated with favorable longitudinal growth patterns among HIV-EUIs compared with infant nevirapine prophylaxis during breastfeeding, and 5) to identify potential mediators of favorable growth patterns among HIV-..
- Strategies to optimize ART services for maternal&child health: the MCH-ART studyBENAMIN LANDON MYER; Fiscal Year: 2013..clinic (ANC);using an efavirenz-containing regimen that avoids the delays and toxicities associated with nevirapine;and adapting patient education to be delivered during and immediately after (rather than before) ART initiation...
- New Inhibitors of HIV ReplicationGabriele Varani; Fiscal Year: 2013..penetrate cellular membranes and inhibit viral replication in primary lymphocytes with activity comparable to nevirapine. We have demonstrated that the antiviral activity coincides with inhibition of both reverse transcription and ..
- Reservoirs of drug-resistant HIV-1Lisa Frenkel; Fiscal Year: 2009..Single-dose nevirapine has been adopted by many programs to reduce mother-to-child transmission of HIV-1 (MTCT) due to its efficacy (50%..
- Resistance in HIV-infected infants after extended ARV prophylaxis: PEPI-MalawiSusan H Eshleman; Fiscal Year: 2010..HIV transmission can be greatly reduced by providing breastfeeding infants with extended daily prophylaxis with nevirapine (NVP) or NVP plus zidovudine (ZDV)...
- Antiretroviral drug resistance in KwaZulu NatalVINCENT CHARLES MARCONI; Fiscal Year: 2013..transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI)-based regimens has not been studied except in women who received single-dose nevirapine (NVP) for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV-1...
- ART PHARMACOKINETICS IN SEVERELY MALNOURISHED HIV-INFECTED CHILDRENEricka Hayes; Fiscal Year: 2009..Area under the curve pharmacokinetic measurements will be done for stavudine, lamivudine and nevirapine after 2 and 8 weeks of HAART...
- Optimizing NNRTI Doses in Patients with HIV and TBTerrence Blaschke; Fiscal Year: 2007..a regimen consisting of one of the non nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTI) efavirenz (EFV) or nevirapine (NVP) plus 2 nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTI), or ritonavir and/or saquinavir and 2NRTI, or a ..
- Optimizing Antiretroviral Therapy in HIV Judith S Currier; Fiscal Year: 2013..based treatment to protease inhibitor therapy among women who have and have not been previously exposed to nevirapine;2) A randomized trial comparing three compact regimens for initial therapy that does not include efavirenz;3) A ..
- Fertility Decision-Making and Reproductive Health Outcomes in the Era of AntiretrSHEREE SCHWARTZ; Fiscal Year: 2009..to compare incidence rates of pregnancy between women on ART regimens that use the drug efavirenz versus nevirapine as a non- nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI)...
- HIV-1 chemoprophylaxis and archived drug resistance in infantsDeborah Persaud; Fiscal Year: 2010..progression and mortality, but in low-income countries often the only HAART option is combination therapy with nevirapine (NVP)...
- HAART Regimens in Substance AbusersDavid Greenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2003..CYP3A and P-gp inhibition and induction with initial and extended exposure to ritonavir, delavirdine, and nevirapine. Cell culture models will assess P-gp mediated transport of various psychotropic drugs, potentially abusable ..
- Sustained release depot pre-exposure prophylaxis in breast feeding populationsThomas Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007..reduced through relatively simple expedients such as dosing mother and child around the time of delivery with nevirapine. However breast feeding still accounts for approximately 315,000 cases annually of pediatric AIDS in sub-Saharan ..
- VERTICAL TRANSMISSION OF SUBTYPE C HIV IN ZIMBABWEDavid Katzenstein; Fiscal Year: 2001..HIV seropositive pregnant women will receive peripartum treatment with either zidovudine (200) or single dose nevirapine (163). However the rate of transmission is still estimated to exceed 15 percent...
- DIOXOLANE NUCLEOSIDES AS ANTIVIRAL AGENTSJinfa Du; Fiscal Year: 2003..04, mu M) without producing cross-resistance with 3TC, AZT or nevirapine. D-FDOC is also effective against HBV in culture...
- HIV PREVENTION TRIALS UNIT-THAILANDDavid Celentano; Fiscal Year: 2006..g. nevirapine and AZT) or other promising compounds, as recommended by the PTN's Perinatal Working Group...
- SUSTAINED HIV1 SUPPRESSION DESPITE DRUG RESISTANCEVictoria Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2000..in some HIV-1-infected individuals treated with a combined zidovudine (ZDV) plus either lamivudine (3TC) or nevirapine (NVP)...
- Development of Pyrimidinedione NNRTIs With a High Genetic Barrier to ResistanceRobert Buckheit; Fiscal Year: 2009Although the currently approved NNRTIs (nevirapine, delavirdine, efavirenz, etrivirine) are highly potent, significant improvements in therapeutic utility are still required...
- Prevention of HIV resistance to nevirapine in pregnancyLisa Frenkel; Fiscal Year: 2003This research will be done primarily in Peru as an extension of NIH grant #5 R0l HD36184. Widespread use of nevirapine chemoprophylaxis has been implemented to achieve moderately effective reduction of peripartum HIV- 1 transmission at a ..
- NUCLEOSIDES WITH DUAL ANTIHIV AND HBV ACTIVITYRAYMOND SCHINAZI; Fiscal Year: 1999..ddI, ddC, a protease inhibitor such as indinavir, and a nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor, such as nevirapine. Moreover, the relative rate for the emergence of resistance to D-D4FC will be determined and compared with 3TC [..
- ZIDOVUDINE AT BIRTH TO REDUCE PERINATAL HIV TRANSMISSIONTaha Taha; Fiscal Year: 2004..A more practical and less expensive regimen on nevirapine (NVP) intrapartum to the mother and to the neonate reduced MTCT of HIV by about 50% in a breastfeeding ..
- Reservoirs of drug-resistant HIV-1Lisa Frenkel; Fiscal Year: 2004..The persistence of nevirapine-resistant viral variants in infants who are infected during chemoprophylaxis (most likely with drug-resistant ..
- THE ZIMBABWE-SAN FRANCISCO HIV PREVENTION TRIALS UNITTsungai Chipato; Fiscal Year: 2006..standard counseling and testing among high-risk MSM; and HIVNET 023, an international safety and dosing study of nevirapine for post-natal prevention of HIV transmission...
- ZDV USE TO PREVENT MATERNAL/INFANT HIV TRANSMISSIONAndrea Ruff; Fiscal Year: 2007..underway in Kampala, Uganda and Pune, India will evaluate the efficacy of a 6 week prophylactic regimen of nevirapine in the prevention of HIV transmission among breastfed infants...
- Prevention of Milk-Borne Transmission of HIV in BostwanaMyron Essex; Fiscal Year: 2004..objectives of the Mother / Infant ("Mashi") study are: i) To determine whether single-dose maternal and infant nevirapine (NVP, per HIVNET 012 protocol) prevents additional MTCT when added to short-course zidovudine (ZDV, starting at ..
- Nevirapine Resistance in Women who Received Nevirapine for PMTCT HIVChristopher Rowley; Fiscal Year: 2009..hypothesis to be examined is that more sensitive assays can detect viral resistance in women who have received nevirapine for the prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) and that this information can predict clinical ..
- MU-JHU HPTU TRIAL SITE - UGANDALaura Guay; Fiscal Year: 2006..intervention trials in Uganda involving more than 1500 mother-infant pairs, including the HIVNET 006 Phase I/II nevirapine trial, the HIVNET 012 Phase IIB nevirapine/zidovudine trial, the UNAIDS Phase III PETRA trial, and the Phase I/..
- SOUTH AFRICA MRC HIV PREVENTION TRIALS UNITGita Ramjee; Fiscal Year: 2006..focuses on breastfeeding transmission, and new interventions are being assessed including the extended use of nevirapine as prophylaxis during breastfeeding...
- Prevention of HIV Transmission in Breast Feeding PopulationsThomas Smith; Fiscal Year: 2005..reduced through relatively simple expedients such as dosing mother and child around the time of delivery with nevirapine. However breast feeding still accounts for approximately 315,000 cases annually of pediatric AIDS in sub- ..
- MALARIA AND HIV IN PREGNANT WOMEN IN MALAWISteven Meshnick; Fiscal Year: 2005Approximately 500,000 HIV-infected children are born each year in sub-Saharan Africa. Nevirapine treatment programs could prevent about half of these infections. In Arica, maternal malaria is common and frequently causes low birth weight...
- A Training Program in International Women's HealthBENJAMIN CHI; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Peripartum nevirapine (NVP) is an important and effective intervention for perinatal HIV prevention in resource-constrained settings...
- ARV effects on HIV epidemiology and behaviors in Rakai, UgandaMaria Wawer; Fiscal Year: 2009..is also needed on the emergence and transmission of drug resistance mutations, the effects of prior maternal nevirapine use on subsequent ARV effectiveness, and on barriers to ARV acceptance and adherence...
- Immunization by HIV exposure during chemoprophylaxisLisa Frenkel; Fiscal Year: 2006..strategy we propose a pilot study of specimens collected as part of a protocol defining the pharmacokinetics of nevirapine chemoprophylaxis during birth and breastfeeding (HIVNET 023)...
- Feasibility of CCR5 Inhibitors in Preventing Maternal to Infant SIV TransmissionNancy Shulman; Fiscal Year: 2009..Although single dose nevirapine prophylaxis given to the mother during labor and to the baby after birth has prevented many perinatal infections,..
- Drug Resistance in Non-Subtype B HIV-1Susan Eshleman; Fiscal Year: 2005..will be performed in the context of the Ugandan HIVNET 012 trial, which demonstrated that single dose nevirapine (NVP) prophylaxis can prevent HIV-1 mother-to-child transmission...