Genomes and Genes
Summary: A potent and specific HIV protease inhibitor that appears to have good oral bioavailability.
Publications321 found, 100 shown here
- Abacavir-lamivudine-zidovudine vs indinavir-lamivudine-zidovudine in antiretroviral-naive HIV-infected adults: A randomized equivalence trialS Staszewski
Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Zentrum der Inneren Medizin, Infektionsambulanz, Haus 68, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60596 Frankfurt, Germany
JAMA 285:1155-63. 2001..However, the role of abacavir in a triple nucleoside combination regimen has not been evaluated against a standard protease inhibitor-containing regimen for initial antiretroviral treatment...
- ATP binding cassette multidrug transporters limit the anti-HIV activity of zidovudine and indinavir in infected human macrophagesSylvie Jorajuria
CEA, Service de Neurovirologie, Universite Paris XI, CRSSA, EPHE, IPSC, Fontenay aux Roses, France
Antivir Ther 9:519-28. 2004....
- NanoART synthesis, characterization, uptake, release and toxicology for human monocyte-macrophage drug deliveryAri S Nowacek
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5880, USA
Nanomedicine (Lond) 4:903-17. 2009..In attempts to bypass such limitations, nanoparticles containing ritonavir, indinavir and efavirenz (described as nanoART) were manufactured to assess macrophage-based drug delivery.
- Analyses of nanoformulated antiretroviral drug charge, size, shape and content for uptake, drug release and antiviral activities in human monocyte-derived macrophagesAri S Nowacek
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5880, USA
J Control Release 150:204-11. 2011..To this end, we wet-milled 20 nanoparticle formulations of crystalline indinavir, ritonavir, atazanavir, and efavirenz, collectively referred to as "nanoART," then assessed their performance ..
- Effect of omeprazole on the plasma concentrations of indinavir when administered alone and in combination with ritonavirHiba L Tappouni
Division of Pharmacotherapy and Experimental Therapeutics, School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 7360, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 65:422-8. 2008The effects of omeprazole on indinavir when administered alone or in combination with ritonavir were evaluated.
- Indinavir and rifabutin drug interactions in healthy volunteersWalter K Kraft
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Thomas Jefferson University, 132 S 10th Street, 1170 Main Building, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 44:305-13. 2004Two studies examined the pharmacokinetics of indinavir and rifabutin when coadministered in healthy subjects...
- Simultaneous determination of five HIV protease inhibitors nelfinavir, indinavir, ritonavir, saquinavir and amprenavir in human plasma by LC/MS/MSJingduan Chi
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Drug Research Unit, School of Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Pharm Biomed Anal 30:675-84. 2002..LC-MS-MS) method has been developed to measure the levels of five HIV protease inhibitors nelfinavir (NFV), indinavir (IDV), ritonavir (RTV), saquinavir (SQV) and amprenavir (APV) in human plasma...
- Evaluation of antitumoral properties of the protease inhibitor indinavir in a murine model of hepatocarcinomaVincenzo Esposito
Third Division Cotugno Hospital, Naples, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 12:2634-9. 2006..We aimed to evaluate the antineoplastic potential activities of the protease inhibitor indinavir (Crixivan) in in vitro and in vivo hepatocarcinoma models.
- Molecular dynamics simulations of 14 HIV protease mutants in complexes with indinavirXianfeng Chen
Department of Biology, Molecular Basis of Disease Program, Georgia State University, GA 30303, Atlanta, USA
J Mol Model 10:373-81. 2004..were studied using molecular dynamics simulations of HIV-1 protease complexes with the clinical inhibitor indinavir. One nanosecond molecular dynamics simulations were run for solvated complexes of indinavir with wild type ..
- Visceral abdominal-fat accumulation associated with use of indinavirK D Miller
Department of Critical Care Medicine, Warren Grant Magnuson Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Lancet 351:871-5. 1998After the addition of the protease inhibitor indinavir to combination drug regimens for HIV-1 infection, some patients have experienced an increase in abdominal girth with symptoms of abdominal fullness, distension, or bloating...
- Indinavir population pharmacokinetics in plasma and cerebrospinal fluid. The HIV Neurobehavioral Research Center GroupS L Letendre
HIV Neurobehavioral Research Center, University of California, San Diego, California 92103, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:2173-5. 2000Plasma and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) indinavir concentrations were measured by high-performance liquid chromatography. The median concentration in plasma exceeded that in CSF 10-fold...
- Mitochondrial toxicity of indinavir, stavudine and zidovudine involves multiple cellular targets in white and brown adipocytesSay Viengchareun
INSERM, U693, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Antivir Ther 12:919-29. 2007..To evaluate the mechanisms of mitochondrial toxicity associated with antiretroviral treatment...
- A co-culture-based model of human blood-brain barrier: application to active transport of indinavir and in vivo-in vitro correlationIsabelle Megard
CEA, Service de Pharmacologie et d Immunologie, DRM DSV, Batiment 136, 91191 Gif sur Yvette, France
Brain Res 927:153-67. 2002..study on biological models that mimic as closely as possible the normal human BBB, to establish whether and how indinavir crosses the BBB. We developed a new human BBB model using primary endothelial cells and astrocytes...
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 protease cleavage site mutations associated with protease inhibitor cross-resistance selected by indinavir, ritonavir, and/or saquinavirH C Côté
British Columbia Centre for Excellence in HIV AIDS, St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6Z 1Y6
J Virol 75:589-94. 2001..both within and outside the gag region, in 28 protease inhibitor (PI) cross-resistant patients treated with indinavir, ritonavir, and/or saquinavir compared to control patients treated with reverse transcriptase inhibitors...
- Reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy secondary to indinavir-induced hypertensive crisis: a case reportVicente Giner
Internal Medicine Department, Hospital Clinico Universitario, University of Valencia, Spain
Am J Hypertens 15:465-7. 2002..the case of an HIV-infected patient with a RPLS related to a hypertensive crisis short after the initiation of indinavir-containing highly active antiretroviral therapy...
- Effects of ritonavir on indinavir pharmacokinetics in cerebrospinal fluid and plasmaDavid W Haas
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37212, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:2131-7. 2003..To characterize the effect of ritonavir on indinavir disposition into cerebrospinal fluid, seven HIV-infected adults underwent intensive sampling at steady-state ..
- Residual human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) Type 1 RNA and DNA in lymph nodes and HIV RNA in genital secretions and in cerebrospinal fluid after suppression of viremia for 2 yearsH F Gunthard
Dept of Medicine, Div of Infectious Diseases and Hospital Epidemiology, University Hospital of Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
J Infect Dis 183:1318-27. 2001..5 years with indinavir, zidovudine, and lamivudine were examined. Both HIV RNA and DNA remained detectable in all lymph nodes...
- Effect of a short-term HAART on SIV load in macaque tissues is dependent on time of initiation and antiviral diffusionOlivier Bourry
CEA, Division of Immuno Virology, DSV iMETI, Fontenay aux Roses, France
Retrovirology 7:78. 2010....
- Pharmacokinetic and metabolic effects of American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius) in healthy volunteers receiving the HIV protease inhibitor indinavirAdriana S A Andrade
Division of Infectious Diseases, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
BMC Complement Altern Med 8:50. 2008..However, it is unknown whether American ginseng (AG) can reverse insulin resistance induced by the PI indinavir (IDV), and whether these two agents interact pharmacologically...
- Mechanism of indinavir-induced hyperbilirubinemiaS D Zucker
Division of Digestive Diseases and Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:12671-6. 2001b>Indinavir is a viral protease inhibitor used for the treatment of HIV infection...
- pH-dependent interactions of indinavir and lipids in nanoparticles and their ability to entrap a soluteSung Up Choi
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Washington, Box 357610, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Pharm Sci 97:931-43. 2008We have investigated the ability of lipid-indinavir particles composed of 3-to-1 lipid-drug molar ratio to encapsulate an aqueous marker calcein and anti-HIV drug (3)H-phosphonylmethoxypropyl-adenine (PMPA)...
- Ritonavir boosted indinavir treatment as a simplified maintenance "mono"-therapy for HIV infectionChristian Kahlert
Division of Infectious Diseases, Cantonal Hospital St Gallen, Switzerland
AIDS 18:955-7. 2004
- An Escherichia coli expression assay and screen for human immunodeficiency virus protease variants with decreased susceptibility to indinavirL Melnick
Sepracor Inc, Marlborough, Massachusetts 01752, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 42:3256-65. 1998..human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) protease associated with decreased susceptibility to the protease inhibitor indinavir (MK-639; Merck & Co.)...
- A contribution to the drug resistance mechanism of darunavir, amprenavir, indinavir, and saquinavir complexes with HIV-1 protease due to flap mutation I50V: a systematic MM-PBSA and thermodynamic integration studyGeorgios Leonis
Institute of Biology, Medicinal Chemistry and Biotechnology, National Hellenic Research Foundation, 48 Vas Constantinou Avenue, Athens 11635, Greece
J Chem Inf Model 53:2141-53. 2013..analyses on wild-type (WT) and mutated HIV-1 protease (HIV-1 PR) complexes with darunavir, amprenavir, indinavir, and saquinavir to clarify the mechanism of resistance due to the I50V flap mutation...
- Pharmacokinetic variability caused by gender: do women have higher indinavir exposure than men?David M Burger
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 29:101-2. 2002
- Impact of the herbal medicine Sophora flavescens on the oral pharmacokinetics of indinavir in rats: the involvement of CYP3A and P-glycoproteinJia Ming Yang
School of Chinese Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong
PLoS ONE 7:e31312. 2012..In this study the herb-drug interactions between S. flavescens and indinavir, a protease inhibitor for HIV treatment, were evaluated in rats...
- The antiretroviral protease inhibitors indinavir and nelfinavir stimulate Mrp1-mediated GSH export from cultured brain astrocytesMaria Brandmann
Centre for Biomolecular Interactions Bremen, University of Bremen, Bremen, Germany
J Neurochem 120:78-92. 2012..Treatment of the cultures with the protease inhibitors indinavir or nelfinavir in low micromolar concentrations resulted in a time- and concentration-dependent depletion of ..
- Persistence of human immunodeficiency virus in semen after adding indinavir to combination antiretroviral therapyK H Mayer
Fenway Community Health Center, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
Clin Infect Dis 28:1252-9. 1999..genotype were evaluated in semen specimens from 22 HIV-positive men before and 6 months after the addition of indinavir to dual nucleoside therapy...
- Simultaneous quantitation of HIV-protease inhibitors ritonavir, lopinavir and indinavir in human plasma by UPLC-ESI-MS-MSTulsi Das Mishra
Bioanalytical Research Department, Veeda Clinical Research, Ambawadi, Ahmedabad 380015, India
J Chromatogr Sci 50:625-35. 2012..developed and validated for the quantification of HIV-protease inhibitors ritonavir (RTV), lopinavir (LPV) and indinavir (IDV) in human plasma...
- Brain delivery of transferrin coupled indinavir submicron lipid emulsions--pharmacokinetics and tissue distributionKandadi Prabhakar
Nanotechnology Laboratory, Department of Pharmaceutics, University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kakatiya University, Warangal, Andhra Pradesh, 506009, India
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 86:305-13. 2011b>Indinavir, an antiretroviral protease inhibitor used in treatment of HIV infection has limited penetration into brain due to efflux of P-glycoprotein...
- Indinavir resistance evolution in one human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infected patient revealed by single-genome amplificationQing Mao Geng
State Key Laboratory of Pathogen and Biosecurity, Beijing Institute of Microbiology and Epidemiology, Beijing, 100071, China
Virol Sin 25:316-28. 2010..Understanding the molecular evolution process is fundamental to analyze the mechanism of drug resistance and develop a strategy to minimize resistance...
- C-Reactive protein levels over time and cardiovascular risk in HIV-infected individuals suppressed on an indinavir-based regimen: AIDS Clinical Trials Group 5056sKeith Henry
HIV Program Hennepin County Medical Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
AIDS 18:2434-7. 2004
- Pharmacogenetic characteristics of indinavir, zidovudine, and lamivudine therapy in HIV-infected adults: a pilot studyPeter L Anderson
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 42:441-9. 2006The aim of the study was to investigate relationships among indinavir, lamivudine-triphosphate, and zidovudine-triphosphate pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics with polymorphisms in CYP3A5, MDR1, MRP2, MRP4, BCRP, and UGT1A1 genes.
- Virological and immunological effects of combination antiretroviral therapy with zidovudine, lamivudine, and indinavir during primary human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infectionD Smith
Director, Community HIV Research Network, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney NSW 2010, Australia don
J Infect Dis 182:950-4. 2000..virus (HIV) infection were treated with zidovudine 200 mg 3 times a day, lamivudine 150 mg 2 times a day, and indinavir 800 mg 3 times a day for 1 year. From a mean pretreatment viral RNA level of 4...
- Antiviral effect and pharmacokinetic interaction between nevirapine and indinavir in persons infected with human immunodeficiency virus type 1R L Murphy
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Infect Dis 179:1116-23. 1999Nevirapine and indinavir have the potential of affecting the pharmacokinetics of each other...
- Central nervous system distribution kinetics of indinavir in ratsMehrdad Hamidi
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, PO Box 71345 1583, Shiraz, Iran
J Pharm Pharmacol 59:1077-85. 2007The central nervous system (CNS) distribution kinetics of indinavir were extensively evaluated using a combinational in-vivo model comprising the integration plot method (a single-passage approach) and neuropharmacokinetic method (a ..
- Results of 2 years of treatment with protease-inhibitor--containing antiretroviral therapy in dutch children infected with human immunodeficiency virus type 1Annemarie M C van Rossum
Department of Pediatrics, Sophia Children s Hospital, 3015 GJ Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Infect Dis 34:1008-16. 2002Clinical, virologic, and immunologic responses to treatment that contained either indinavir or nelfinavir (both regimens included zidovudine and lamivudine) were determined in 32 children infected with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 ..
- Lopinavir/ritonavir combined with twice-daily 400 mg indinavir: pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in blood, CSF and semenAdil Isaac
Hawthorne House, Department of Genitourinary Medicine, Birmingham Heartlands Hospital, Birmingham B9 5SS, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 54:498-502. 2004To evaluate the steady-state blood plasma (BP), CSF and seminal plasma (SP) pharmacokinetics (PK) of twice-daily indinavir 400 mg and lopinavir/ritonavir.
- Analysis of the protease sequences of HIV-1 infected individuals after Indinavir monotherapyDercy J Sa-Filho
Retrovirology Laboratory, Federal University of Sao Paulo, R Pedro de Toledo 781, 16 andar Vila Clementino, Sao Paulo, SP 04039 032, Brazil
J Clin Virol 28:186-202. 2003..Protease inhibitors (PI) are an important HIV-1 treatment tool. The HIV-1 genetic diversity as a result of antiretroviral exposure is a potential barrier to successful antiretroviral therapy...
- Structural elucidation of metabolites of ritonavir and indinavir by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometryEric Gangl
Department of Chemistry and Barnett Institute, Northeastern University, Boston, MA, 02115, USA
J Chromatogr A 974:91-101. 2002The structural elucidation of metabolites of ritonavir and indinavir, HIV-protease inhibitor drugs, by liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry is described...
- Mathematical modeling of the interrelationship of CD4 lymphocyte count and viral load changes induced by the protease inhibitor indinavirG L Drusano
Department of Medicine, Albany Medical College, New York 12208, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 42:358-61. 1998..return of CD4 cell count and change in viral load subsequent to therapy with the HIV protease inhibitor indinavir. We found that CD4 cell return was significantly related to both the baseline CD4 count (r2 = 0.86, P < 0...
- Pharmacokinetic profile and tolerability of indinavir-ritonavir combinations in healthy volunteersA J Saah
Clinical Research, Infections Diseases, Merck Research Laboratories, BL3 4, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:2710-5. 2001..virus type 1 (HIV-1)-uninfected healthy subjects to investigate the pharmacokinetic interaction between indinavir (IDV) and ritonavir (RTV)...
- Drug resistance mutations in HIV-1-infected subjects during protease inhibitor-containing highly active antiretroviral therapy with nelfinavir or indinavirS Yerly
Laboratory of Virology, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Antivir Ther 6:185-9. 2001..in subjects with treatment failure on highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) containing nelfinavir or indinavir. STUDY DESIGN AND METHODS: The database of the Swiss HIV Cohort Study was screened for all subjects naive to ..
- Economic analysis of initial HIV treatment. Efavirenz- versus indinavir-containing triple therapyJ J Caro
Caro Research, Concord, Massachusetts, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 19:95-104. 2001To compare the clinical and economic outcomes associated with triple therapy containing efavirenz or indinavir and 2 nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs; zidovudine and lamivudine) in HIV-positive patients.
- Indinavir alters sterol and fatty acid homeostatic mechanisms in primary rat hepatocytes by increasing levels of activated sterol regulatory element-binding proteins and decreasing cholesterol 7alpha-hydroxylase mRNA levelsKris Williams
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 67:255-67. 2004..We examined the effects of indinavir on cholesterol and bile acid homeostatic mechanisms in a primary rat hepatocyte (PRH) culture model...
- Therapeutic drug monitoring of indinavir and nelfinavir to assess adherence to therapy in human immunodeficiency virus-infected childrenAnnemarie M van Rossum
Department of Pediatrics, Sophia Children s Hospital Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatr Infect Dis J 21:743-7. 2002..We studied during a 2-year follow-up period routinely taken plasma protease inhibitor concentrations to assess adherence to antiretroviral therapy in HIV-1-infected children...
- Stavudine or indinavir-containing regimens are associated with an increased risk of diabetes mellitus in HIV-infected individualsAnna Maria Brambilla
Infectious Diseases Clinic, Vita Salute University, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
AIDS 17:1993-5. 2003..Significant risk factors for the onset of diabetes were older age and antiretroviral therapy with stavudine or indinavir. Older men with HIV infection should be considered at higher risk of diabetes, and caution maybe warranted in ..
- High indinavir Cmin is associated with higher toxicity in patients on indinavir-ritonavir 800/100 mg twice-daily regimenCaroline Solas
Department of Pharmacokinetics, Timone Hospital, Marseille, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 29:374-7. 2002We retrospectively evaluated the incidence of side effects and treatment intervention according to indinavir trough concentration in 63 patients taking indinavir-ritonavir 800/100 mg twice daily...
- Indinavir-induced retinoid-like effects: incidence, clinical features and managementJesús García-Silva
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Juan Canalejo, A Coruna, Spain
Drug Saf 25:993-1003. 2002..Most of them were related to indinavir. Other indinavir-induced mucocutaneous disorders resembling the adverse effects of systemic retinoid therapy ..
- Indinavir-induced cholelithiasis in a patient infected with human immunodeficiency virusRenaud Verdon
Unité de maladies infectieuses, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Côte de Nacre, 14033 Caen, France
Clin Infect Dis 35:e57-9. 2002We report the first case of acute cholecystitis due to indinavir-induced cholelithiasis in a patient infected with human immunodeficiency virus who had been receiving indinavir for 56 months...
- Pharmacokinetics of indinavir combined with low-dose ritonavir in human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected childrenA S Bergshoeff
University Medical Center, Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Nijmegen University Center for Infectious Diseases, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:1904-7. 2004So far, no pediatric doses for indinavir combined with ritonavir have been defined...
- Involvement of P-glycoprotein in the transport of saquinavir and indinavir in rat brain microvessel endothelial and microglia cell linesPatrick T Ronaldson
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pharm Res 21:811-8. 2004..The purpose of this study was to characterize the transport properties of saquinavir and indinavir in a brain microvessel endothelial cell line and in microglia, the immune cells of the brain and primary HIV-1 ..
- Effect of dexamethasone on the intestinal first-pass metabolism of indinavir in rats: evidence of cytochrome P-450 3A [correction of P-450 A] and p-glycoprotein induction J H Lin
Drug Metabolism, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 27:1187-93. 1999b>Indinavir, a potent and specific inhibitor of HIV protease, is a known substrate of cytochrome P-450 (CYP) 3A and p-glycoprotein...
- Evaluation of thermal stability of indinavir sulphate using diffuse reflectance infrared spectroscopyParul Singh
Optical Radiation Standards, National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi, India
J Pharm Biomed Anal 47:248-54. 2008b>Indinavir sulphate is a potent and specific protease inhibitor of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). It is used for the treatment of acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)...
- Influence of P-glycoprotein on the transport and metabolism of indinavir in Caco-2 cells expressing cytochrome P-450 3A4J H Hochman
Department of Drug Metabolism, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 292:310-8. 2000..were used as a model to evaluate the effects of P-glycoprotein (Pgp) efflux on CYP3A4-mediated metabolism of indinavir during intestinal absorption...
- Novel therapeutic biosensor for indinavir-a protease inhibitor antiretroviral drugA Ignaszak
Department of Chemistry, University of Western Cape, Bellville, Cape Town 7535, South Africa
J Pharm Biomed Anal 49:498-501. 2009..bromide (DDAB) vesicular system on a Pt disk electrode was developed for the determination of indinavir, a protease inhibitor antiretroviral drug...
- Simultaneous HPLC assay for quantification of indinavir, nelfinavir, ritonavir, and saquinavir in human plasmaR P Remmel
Departments of Medicinal Chemistry and Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Clin Chem 46:73-81. 2000..Dual protease inhibitor therapy is also being used clinically. Consequently, a simultaneous assay for indinavir, nelfinavir, ritonavir, and saquinavir was developed.
- Effects of St. John's wort extract on indinavir pharmacokinetics in rats: differentiation of intestinal and hepatic impactsYunn Fang Ho
School of Pharmacy, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei 100, Taiwan
Life Sci 85:296-302. 2009To evaluate the possible herb-drug interaction of St. John's wort (SJW) extracts with indinavir in rats and to set up a model for characterizing pre-systemic sites for the interactions between orally administered herbs and pharmaceuticals.
- Factors influencing the emergence of resistance to indinavir: role of virologic, immunologic, and pharmacologic variablesG L Drusano
Albany Medical College, New York 12208, USA
J Infect Dis 178:360-7. 1998..influences on the time to emergence of resistance, 24-week data were examined from five studies in which indinavir had been administered as monotherapy or as a component of combination therapy...
- Brain specific delivery of pegylated indinavir submicron lipid emulsionsPrabhakar Kandadi
Nanotechnology Laboratory, Department of Pharmaceutics, University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kakatiya University, Vidyaranya Puri, Warangal 506009, Andhra Pradesh, India
Eur J Pharm Sci 42:423-32. 2011The aim of this study was to develop stable parenteral pegylated indinavir submicron lipid emulsions (SLEs) for improving brain specific delivery. The O/W SLEs were prepared by homogenization and ultra sonication process...
- Acquired reactive perforating collagenosis induced by indinavir in 2 patients with HIV diseaseDonato Calista
Eur J Dermatol 18:84-5. 2008
- Pharmacokinetics of two randomized trials evaluating the safety and efficacy of indinavir, saquinavir and lopinavir in combination with low-dose ritonavir: the MaxCmin1 and 2 trialsUlrik S Justesen
Department of Infectious Diseases, Odense University Hospital, Odense C, Denmark
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 101:339-44. 2007..differences in protease inhibitor plasma concentrations between and within three protease inhibitor regimens (indinavir, saquinavir and lopinavir all in combination with low-dose ritonavir) and to relate these differences to safety ..
- Population pharmacokinetics of indinavir in patients infected with human immunodeficiency virusChantal Csajka
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital, CHUV, Beaumont 633, Lausanne 1011, Switzerland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:3226-32. 2004b>Indinavir is currently used at a fixed dose of 800 mg either three times a day or twice a day in combination with 100 mg of ritonavir. Dosage individualization based on plasma concentration monitoring might, however, be indicated...
- Pharmacokinetic interactions between indinavir plus ritonavir and calcium channel blockersMarshall J Glesby
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 78:143-53. 2005..We evaluated potential bidirectional pharmacokinetic interactions between calcium channel blockers and coadministered indinavir and ritonavir.
- Tissue distribution of indinavir administered as solid lipid nanocapsule formulation in mdr1a (+/+) and mdr1a (-/-) CF-1 miceManuela Pereira de Oliveira
Faculté de Médecine and Pharmacie, EA3809 Pharmacologie des Médicaments Anti Infectieux, Pole Biologie Sante, 40 Av du Recteur Pineau, 86022 Poitiers Cedex, France
Pharm Res 22:1898-1905. 2005..The aim of the present study was to evaluate indinavir-loaded nanocapsules (Ind-LNC) including Solutol HS15, an excipient reported to possess in vitro P-gp inhibiting ..
- Optimization of lipid-indinavir complexes for localization in lymphoid tissues of HIV-infected macaquesLoren Kinman
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 42:155-61. 2006In HIV-infected persons on highly active antiretroviral therapy, residual virus is found in lymphoid tissues. Indinavir concentrations in lymph node mononuclear cells of patients on highly active antiretroviral therapy were approximately ..
- Development of indinavir submicron lipid emulsions loaded with lipoamino acids-in vivo pharmacokinetics and brain-specific deliverySwetha Bollam
Nanotechnology Laboratory, Department of Pharmaceutics, University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kakatiya University, Warangal, Andhra Pradesh, India 506009
AAPS PharmSciTech 12:422-30. 2011The aim of our present work was to develop indinavir O/W submicron lipid emulsions (SLEs) loaded with lipoamino acids for specific delivery to brain...
- Stimulation of vitamin A(1) acid signaling by the HIV protease inhibitor indinavirJ M Lenhard
Department of Metabolic Diseases, Glaxo Wellcome Inc, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 59:1063-8. 2000..Moreover, the PI indinavir and retinoids have been associated with nail, skin, and hair defects, suggesting that indinavir and retinoids ..
- A randomised, open-label comparison of three highly active antiretroviral therapy regimens including two nucleoside analogues and indinavir for previously untreated HIV-1 infection: the OzCombo1 studyA Carr
HIV, Immunology and Infectious Disease Clinical Services Unit, St Vincent s Hospital, Sydney, Australia
AIDS 14:1171-80. 2000..The best-tolerated and most potent initial HAART regimen is unknown and was investigated in this study...
- Coadministration of milk thistle and indinavir in healthy subjectsRobert Dicenzo
University of Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Buffalo, New York, USA
Pharmacotherapy 23:866-70. 2003To determine if milk thistle (silymarin) alters the pharmacokinetics of indinavir.
- Simultaneous vs sequential initiation of therapy with indinavir, zidovudine, and lamivudine for HIV-1 infection: 100-week follow-upR M Gulick
Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, USA
JAMA 280:35-41. 1998..Combination antiretroviral therapy can markedly suppress human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) replication but the duration of HIV suppression varies among patients...
- Predictors of virologic and clinical outcomes in HIV-1-infected patients receiving concurrent treatment with indinavir, zidovudine, and lamivudine. AIDS Clinical Trials Group Protocol 320L M Demeter
Infectious Diseases Unit, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 689, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Ann Intern Med 135:954-64. 2001..OBJECTIVE: To determine predictors of virologic and clinical response to indinavir, zidovudine, and lamivudine therapy. DESIGN: Observational analysis of one treatment group in a phase III trial...
- Relationship between levels of indinavir in hair and virologic response to highly active antiretroviral therapyLouis Bernard
Division of Infectious Diseases, Geneva University Hospital and Laboratoire de Virologie, Rue Micheli du Crest, CH 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Ann Intern Med 137:656-9. 2002..Suboptimal levels of antiretroviral drugs result in virologic failure in HIV-infected patients treated with highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- Association of efavirenz hypersusceptibility with virologic response in ACTG 368, a randomized trial of abacavir (ABC) in combination with efavirenz (EFV) and indinavir (IDV) in HIV-infected subjects with prior nucleoside analog experienceLisa M Demeter
University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
HIV Clin Trials 9:11-25. 2008..of efavirenz hypersusceptibility (EFV-HS) with clinical outcome in a double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized trial of EFV plus indinavir (EFV+IDV) vs. EFV+IDV plus abacavir (ABC) in 283 nucleoside-experienced HIV-infected patients.
- Indinavir reduces Cryptosporidium parvum infection in both in vitro and in vivo modelsR Mele
Laboratory of Parasitology, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Int J Parasitol 33:757-64. 2003..of the host immunity; however, some works suggest that human immunodeficiency virus protease inhibitors, indinavir in particular, which is one of the human immunodeficiency virus protease inhibitors used in highly active ..
- Severe impairment of endothelial function with the HIV-1 protease inhibitor indinavir is not mediated by insulin resistance in healthy subjectsMichael P Dube
Department of Medicine and the Division of Infectious Diseases, Indiana University School of Medicine, Wishard Memorial Hospital, 1001 W 10th Street, Suite OPW 430, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Cardiovasc Toxicol 8:15-22. 2008..The HIV-1 protease inhibitor indinavir causes both vascular dysfunction and insulin resistance, but the relationship between the two disturbances is ..
- Pharmacokinetic interaction between rifampin and the combination of indinavir and low-dose ritonavir in HIV-infected patientsU S Justesen
Institute of Public Health, Clinical Pharmacology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense
Clin Infect Dis 38:426-9. 2004..A prospective, controlled, multiple-dose study involving 6 HIV-infected patients receiving a combination of indinavir (800 mg) and ritonavir (100 mg) twice a day was performed to evaluate whether the inducing effect of rifampin on ..
- Single-dose pharmacokinetics of indinavir and the effect of foodK C Yeh
Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 42:332-8. 1998b>Indinavir sulfate is a human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) protease inhibitor indicated for treatment of HIV infection and AIDS in adults...
- Anti-HIV drugs for cancer therapeutics: back to the future?Warren A Chow
Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Clinical and Molecular Pharmacology, Duarte, CA USA
Lancet Oncol 10:61-71. 2009..HIV protease inhibitors are thus a new class of anticancer drugs with multiple effects, and other anti-HIV drugs might hold similar promise...
- Development of a macrophage-based nanoparticle platform for antiretroviral drug deliveryHuanyu Dou
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience, Center for Neurovirology and Neurodegenerative Disorder, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 985880 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5880, USA
Blood 108:2827-35. 2006..To address these problems, a nanoparticle indinavir (NP-IDV) formulation packaged into carrier bone marrow-derived macrophages (BMMs) was developed...
- Indinavir acutely inhibits insulin-stimulated glucose disposal in humans: a randomized, placebo-controlled studyMustafa A Noor
Department of Medicine, University of California, Berkeley, California, USA
AIDS 16:F1-8. 2002..We hypothesized that a single dose of the PI indinavir resulting in therapeutic plasma concentrations would acutely decrease insulin-stimulated glucose disposal in ..
- Hair versus plasma concentrations as indicator of indinavir exposure in HIV-1-infected patients treated with indinavir/ritonavir combinationXavier Duval
Services des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Biostatistique et Recherche Clinique, Paris, France
AIDS 21:106-8. 2007..b>Indinavir concentrations were determined both in plasma and hair samples, and correlated with concomitant plasma HIV-RNA ..
- Differential protein binding of indinavir and saquinavir in matched maternal and umbilical cord plasmaSreeja Sudhakaran
Facility for Anti Infective Drug Development and Innovation, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Br J Clin Pharmacol 63:315-21. 2007To determine whether lower umbilical cord than maternal binding of indinavir and saquinavir contributed to the low cord : maternal (C : M) total concentration ratios reported previously.
- Urinary NO3 excretion and renal failure in indinavir-treated patientsM Eira
Departamento de Doenças Infecciosas e Parasitárias, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 39:1065-70. 2006Treatment with indinavir (IDV), a protease inhibitor, is frequently associated with renal abnormalities. We determined the incidence of renal failure (creatinine clearance <80 mL min-1 1...
- Drug susceptibility in HIV infection after viral rebound in patients receiving indinavir-containing regimensD V Havlir
University of California, San Diego 92103, USA
JAMA 283:229-34. 2000....
- Differential bidirectional transfer of indinavir in the isolated perfused human placentaSreeja Sudhakaran
Facility for Anti Infective Drug Development and Innovation, Monash University, 381 Royal Parade, Parkville, 3052, Melbourne, Australia
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:1023-8. 2005The protease inhibitor (PI) indinavir may be used in the management of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection during pregnancy...
- Six-year follow-up of HIV-1-infected adults in a clinical trial of antiretroviral therapy with indinavir, zidovudine, and lamivudineRoy M Gulick
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, USA
AIDS 17:2345-9. 2003..To assess virological and immunological responses and toxicity in subjects receiving combination antiretroviral therapy...
- CH05-10, a novel indinavir analog, is a broad-spectrum antitumor agent that induces cell cycle arrest, apoptosis, endoplasmic reticulum stress and autophagyJianlan You
Laboratory of Pathogen Biology, State Key Laboratory of Respiratory Disease, Center for Infection and Immunity, Institute of Chemical Biology, Guangzhou Institutes of Biomedicine and Health, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Science Park, Guangzhou, China
Cancer Sci 101:2644-51. 2010b>Indinavir, a human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) protease inhibitor, inhibits the growth of tumor cells in vivo but does not show any cytotoxicity against cancer cells in vitro...
- Randomized trial to evaluate indinavir/ritonavir versus saquinavir/ritonavir in human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected patients: the MaxCmin1 TrialUlrik Bak Dragsted
Hvidovre University Hospital, Hvidovre, Denmark
J Infect Dis 188:635-42. 2003..of virological failure at 48 weeks in adult human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) type 1-infected patients assigned indinavir/ritonavir (Idv/Rtv; 800/100 mg 2 times daily) or saquinavir/ritonavir (Sqv/Rtv; 1000/100 mg 2 times daily) in an ..
- Indinavir crystallization around the loop of Henle: experimental evidenceJ P Dieleman
Pharmaco-epidemiology Unit, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus University Medical Center (EMCR, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 28:9-13. 2001OBJECTIVE: To determine the probable site of the nephron and the plasma indinavir (IDV) concentration at which intrarenal IDV crystallization occurs...
- Triple nucleoside treatment with abacavir plus the lamivudine/zidovudine combination tablet (COM) compared to indinavir/COM in antiretroviral therapy-naïve adults: results of a 48-week open-label, equivalence trial (CNA3014)Asda Vibhagool
Medicine Department, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Curr Med Res Opin 20:1103-14. 2004..a regimen containing the protease inhibitor indinavir (IDV) 800 mg three times daily plus COM twice daily (IDV/COM) in antiretroviral-naïve, HIV-infected patients.
- Pharmacokinetics of nelfinavir and indinavir in HIV-1-infected pregnant womenBradley W Kosel
Drug Research Unit, Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco, 94143, USA
AIDS 17:1195-9. 2003..Increased cytochrome P450 activity may affect the disposition of PI and decrease drug exposure...
- The HIV protease inhibitor Indinavir inhibits cell-cycle progression in vitro in lymphocytes of HIV-infected and uninfected individualsS Chavan
Division of Allergy/Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, North Shore University Hospital, New York University School of Medicine, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Blood 98:383-9. 2001b>Indinavir (IDV) is a potent and selective human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) protease inhibitor (PI) widely used in antiretroviral therapy for suppression of HIV, but its effects on the immune system are relatively unknown...
- Differential effect of HIV-1 protease inhibitors on P-glycoprotein function in multidrug-resistant variants of the human CD4+ T lymphoblastoid CEM cell lineMaria Luisa Dupuis
Laboratorio di Immunologia, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Chemotherapy 49:8-16. 2003....
- Efficacy and safety of ritonavir/indinavir 100/400 mg twice daily in combination with two nucleoside analogues in antiretroviral treatment-naive HIV-infected individualsClaudine Duvivier
Department of Infectious Diseases, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 8:603-9. 2003To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of indinavir/ritonavir (IDV/RTV) 400/100 mg twice daily in combination with two nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors in antiretroviral-naive patients.
- Indinavir: the forgotten HIV-protease inhibitor. Does it still have a role?Mark Boyd
National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, University of New South Wales, Darlinghurst, NSW, Australia
Expert Opin Pharmacother 8:957-64. 2007b>Indinavir is one of four first-generation HIV-protease inhibitors and was the most popular amongst them in the late 1990s...
- Influence of indinavir on virulence and growth of Cryptococcus neoformansClaudia Monari
Microbiology Section, Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Perugia, Via del Giochetto, 06122 Perugia, Italy
J Infect Dis 191:307-11. 2005b>Indinavir selectively inhibited production of some virulence factors of Cryptococcus neoformans, such as urease and protease, but not melanin and phospholipase; moreover, it interfered with capsule formation...
- Extrapyramidal symptoms with ritonavir/indinavir plus risperidoneDeborah V Kelly
School of Pharmacy, Memorial University of Newfoundland, 300 Prince Phillip Drive, St John s, Newfoundland A1B 3V6, Canada
Ann Pharmacother 36:827-30. 2002To report a case of suspected extrapyramidal symptoms (EPS) in a patient initiated on ritonavir and indinavir while taking risperidone for a tic disorder.
- Effect of alpha1-acid glycoprotein on the intracellular accumulation of the HIV protease inhibitors saquinavir, ritonavir and indinavir in vitroK Jones
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Liverpool, New Medical Building, Ashton Street, Liverpool, L69 3GE
Br J Clin Pharmacol 51:99-102. 2001..may be raised during HIV infection, we have examined in vitro the effect of increasing the concentration of AGP on the intracellular accumulation of the HIV protease inhibitors saquinavir (SQV), ritonavir (RTV) and indinavir (IDV).
- Pharmacokinetics of reduced-dose indinavir/ritonavir 400/100 mg twice daily in HIV-1-infected Thai patientsMark Boyd
HIV Netherlands Australia Thailand Research Collaboration, Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre, Bangkok, Thailand
Antivir Ther 10:301-7. 2005To study the pharmacokinetics of indinavir/ ritonavir 400/100 mg twice daily in antiretroviral-naive patients at Srinagarind Hospital in Khon Kaen, Thailand.
- The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) protease inhibitor indinavir directly affects the opportunistic fungal pathogen Cryptococcus neoformansElisabetta Blasi
Dipartimento di Scienze Igienistiche, Microbiologiche e Biostatistiche, Via Campi 287, 41100 Modena, Italy
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 42:187-95. 2004..In this report we investigated the effect(s) of the PI indinavir on protease activity by Cryptococcus neoformans, an opportunistic fungal pathogen responsible for recurrent ..
- Pharmacology of Antiretroviral Nanoparticle MicellesChristopher J Destache; Fiscal Year: 2010..Based on previous work with indinavir nanoparticles (NP) we want to extend our work to include combination ARV agents and fabricate NP with ..
- Drug Transport at the Blood-Testis BarrierNathan J Cherrington; Fiscal Year: 2013..STs to transport NSAs (didanosine, azidothymidine, abacavir, emtricitabine, tenofovir) and PIs (lopinavir and indinavir)...
- NanoART Manufacture, Delivery and Pharmacokinetics for Optimizing Drug AdherenceHoward E Gendelman; Fiscal Year: 2013..These risk factors often result in poor treatment outcomes. The advent of slow release ART (ritonavir, indinavir, efavirenz, atazanovir and efavirenz) will positively impact these concerns...
- Innovative methods for measuring antiretroviral exposureRUTH MARTHA GREENBLATT; Fiscal Year: 2010..Stimulated by the finding that indinavir (an HIV protease inhibitor) levels in hair were highly correlated with viral load responses and resistance, we ..
- Antiretroviral-Induced Defects in Muscle Protein SynthesisCharles H Lang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our data using both in vivo and in vitro model systems indicate that both indinavir and lopinavir also markedly decrease protein synthesis in skeletal muscle by impairing multiple steps in the ..
- ANTIRETROVIRAL THERAPIES AND SUBSTANCE ABUSEDavid Greenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2002..using human liver microsomal preparations, to determine the capacity of HIV PIs (ritonavir, nelfinavir, indinavir, saquinavir) and of NNRTls tdelavirdine, nevirapine, efavirenz) to inhibit CYP3A-mediated metabolism of ..
- Herb-Opioid InteractionsDanny Shen; Fiscal Year: 2003..interactions have been reported between SJW and several narrow therapeutic index drugs, notably cyclosporine indinavir, and digoxin...
- HAART IN SCID MICE WITH HIV ENCEPHALITISWilliam Tyor; Fiscal Year: 2003..vehicle) x 2 (HIV infected vs. uninfected) factorial design to test these two hypotheses: I. AZT + lamivudine + indinavir triple antiretroviral therapy (HAART) will (1) lower the viral load in brain tissue and (2) attenuate the ..
- Screening Herbs for Drug InteractionsJOHN MARKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2002..Prominent examples include herb-induced reductions in plasma concentrations of the anti-HIV medication indinavir and the immunosuppressant cyclosporine by St. John's wort (Hypericum perforatum)...
- Mechanisms of HAART-Induced Endothelial DysfunctionKrishna Agrawal; Fiscal Year: 2006..We have also shown that at therapeutic concentrations, HAART (zidovudine, efavirenz, and indinavir or nelfinavir) exposure of human aortic ECs (HAECs) suppressed insulin induced NO production and eNOS gene ..
- CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM STRATEGIES TARGETING THE HIV SANCBradley Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2003..2 we will test the hypothesis that significantly higher CNS concentrations of anti-HIV agents (didanosine and indinavir) can be attained in combination therapy by modulation of the BBB to inhibit protease inhibitor efflux (with an ..
- Alcohol and HIV protease inhibitors interactionsDennis Feierman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Characterize and compare the pharmacokinetics of select HIV protease inhibitors (HIV-PI) such as saquinavir and indinavir after their oral administration in these models (and controls) chronically fed ethanol...
- HIV PROTEASE INHIBITORS AND ATHEROSCLEROSISEric Smart; Fiscal Year: 2006..that peritoneal macrophages isolated from LDL receptor null mice given the HIV protease inhibitors, amprenavir, indinavir, or ritonavir, contain more SR-BI and CD36 than aged-matched controls...
- SHORT TERM EFFECTS OF CANNABIONOIDS IN HIV PATIENTSDonald Abrams; Fiscal Year: 2000..study whose primary goal is to determine the short-term effects of smoked marijuana on the pharmacokinetics of indinavir, the immune system, and the level of HIV-1 viral load in persons with HIV-1 infection...
- Human CD4+ T Cell Based HighThroughput Assay-Drug-R(RMI)Chen Chen Kan; Fiscal Year: 2005..However, current HIV protease inhibitors, from the first generation drug indinavir to the most recent lopinavir and atazanavir, are all peptidomimetic and transition state analogs in nature...
- Bone Loss and Its Prevention in HIV PatientsF Ross; Fiscal Year: 2006..We find that one PI, Indinavir, induces bone loss in mice...
- NUCLEOSIDES WITH DUAL ANTIHIV AND HBV ACTIVITYRAYMOND SCHINAZI; Fiscal Year: 1999..evaluated in double and triple combinations with AZT, 3TC, (-)-FTC, d4T, ddI, ddC, a protease inhibitor such as indinavir, and a nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor, such as nevirapine...
- HIV-1 Protease Inhibitors and Vascular RiskSudha Shankar; Fiscal Year: 2006..Recent preliminary data from our laboratory suggest that in HIV-negative non-obese subjects, the PI indinavir (IDV) induces endothelial dysfunction as well as insulin resistance (IR)...
- FPIA FOR INDINAVIR AND NELFINAVIR HIV INHIBITORSCharles Harrington; Fiscal Year: 1999..inhibitors of key enzymes that control cocktail are the HIV Specific Protease inhibitors such as Nelfinavir and Indinavir. Immunoassay analysis of Indinavir and Nelfinavir would provide an analytical suitable, clinically useful ..
- IMMUNE AND THERAPEUTIC SUPPRESSION OF HIV IN THE LUNGRICHARD KORNBLUTH; Fiscal Year: 2000..cells and fluid both before and after treatment with a rapidly acting inhibitor of the viral protease (such as indinavir), measurements of the half-life of the viral genome in the lung will be obtained...
- MODULATION OF CELL-MEDIATED IMMUNE FUNCTION BY OPIATESPHILLIP PETERSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..The antiretroviral agents we have chosen for our studies, zidovudine (AZT) and indinavir, are commonly used to treat HIV-1-infected, opiate-dependent patients...
- WIHS Treatment Exposure and Viral Rebound StudyRuth Greenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2004..These methods have been successfully applied to a variety of drugs that are used chronic diseases, including indinavir. The research program proposed in this application, a continuation of a previous study, the WlHS Viral Rebound ..
- High-Throughput Solid-Phase Combinatorial BiocatalysisJonathan Dordick; Fiscal Year: 2007..soluble polymer supports to complex compounds (the flavonoid bergenin and the current HIV-1 protease inhibitor indinavir)...
- Clinical Significance of HIV Replication FitnessLisa Demeter; Fiscal Year: 2008..If these studies are successful, they could identify tests that could help predict clinical outcomes for HIV-infected patients. ..
- VANDERBILT ADULT AIDS CLINICAL TRIALS UNITDavid Haas; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed ACTU will not only enroll patients into ACTG clinical trials, but will provide the ACTG the ability to address important questions concerning AIDS treatment and pathogenesis. ..
- COLUMBIA-ADARC-CORNELL AIDS CLINICAL TRIALS UNITScott Hammer; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, the Columbia-ADARC ACTU will be an active participant in the Group's mission to improve the health of HIV infected individuals and set standards for treatment of HIV disease. ..
- CNS Viral Dynamics and Cellular Immunity During AIDSDavid Haas; Fiscal Year: 2009..Characterizing these relationships will expand our knowledge regarding key events that lead to AIDS dementia, and may suggest novel approaches to other immunologic or viral-mediated diseases that affect the brain. ..
- Hepatic mitochondrial oxidative stress, AIDS and alcoholWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2005..Biochemical, molecular and pathological changes (above) are ameliorated. This serves as a "proof of principle". ..
- Lipodystrophy among HIV-infected patientsHeidi Crane; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Novel noninvasive assessment of cytochrome P450 activityEvan Kharasch; Fiscal Year: 2009..This approach may identify inter-individual variability in drug disposition and response;permit more individualized dosing, and reduces the cost of drug interaction studies. ..
- AIDS Clinical Trail Modeling and StimulatinosHulin Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The developed systems will be a useful tool for AIDS clinicians to develop individualized treatments for their patients. ..
- Nonparametric Modeling of Long-term HIV/Cell DynamicsHulin Wu; Fiscal Year: 2005..We expect that the results from this project can be used to assess the long-term effectiveness of antiretroviral therapies and provide information for long-term care and treatment management for HIV-I-infected patients. ..
- Nucleoside analogs, mitochondria and AIDS cardiomyopathyWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2006..AIM 2: to define CM from HAART microscopically and ultrastructurally using morphometric methods. AIM 3: to define cardiac performance in CM from HAART echocardiographically and using Langendorff preparations. ..
- CARDIOMYOPATHY IN AIDSWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2009..HYPOTHESIS 4: mtDNA depletion (from any above) causes or results from oxidative stress. Antioxidants ameliorate oxidative stress from NRTIs by decreasing oxidation of mtDNA. ..
- Acquired mtDNA depletion and nucleoside reverse transciptase inhibitorsWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2010..Experiments offer insights into improving therapy with antiretrovirals used in AIDS. ..
- ANESTHETIC RENAL METABOLISM--MECHANISMS AND CONSEQUENCESEvan Kharasch; Fiscal Year: 2002..More broadly, resulting biochemical and clinical insights will be applicable to the numerous other nephrotoxic haloalkenes that are ubiquitous environmental contaminants. ..
- AIDS and Alcohol and CardiomyopathyWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2005..Myofibrillar, nuclear and mitochondrial volumes are analyzed quantitatively (by transmission electron microscopy [TEM]). Volume fractions of extracellular matrix and of myocytes are determined morphometrically (light and TEM). ..
- CARDIAC DYSFUNCTION, AIDS AND COCAINEWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2003..Immuno-LM and immuno-TEM identify cellular and subcellular alterations. ..
- MODELS AND INFERENTIAL TOOLS FOR HIV1 DYNAMICS IN VIVOHulin Wu; Fiscal Year: 2002..Thus, the proposed HIV-1 dynamic models in vivo and statistical inferential methodology will provide a powerful tool to understand the pathogenesis of HIV and to search for a cure for AIDS. ..
- Endothelial Dysfunction Due to HIV-1 Protease InhibitorsMitchell Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Preliminary data show that the PI indinavir impairs endothelium-dependent, nitric oxide-mediated, vasodilation in normal subjects...
- INTEGRATE/PHARMACOKINETIC/ANTIRETROVIRUS RESISTANCE TESTEdward Acosta; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF HIV LIPODYSTROPHY: ROLE OF VPRAshok Balasubramanyam; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- TDM & Drug Interactions in HIVinfected Substance AbusersGene Morse; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Radiosensitization with the HIV protease inhibior Nelfinavir in NSCLCAnjali Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2008..Specific Aim 3. To investigate in vitro the molecular mechanisms by which NFV results in sensitization. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- LCDIO FOR LYMPH NODE MR IMAGINGRalph Weissleder; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Methods to Access Brain Function in HIV-1Christina Marra; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- PROTEASE INHIBITOR RELATED ATHEROSCLEROSIS IN HIVAndrew Carr; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- ROLE OF T PALLIDUM MSP-HOMOLOGUES IN CNS INVASIONChristina Marra; Fiscal Year: 2004..These investigations are most applicable to persons who are also infected with HIV-1, as they are at greatest risk for syphilis and neurosyphilis. ..
- Rapid and Simple CSF Tests for Neurosyphillis DiagnosisChristina Marra; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of this study will be used to design field trials in the areas of greatest need. ..
- China MACS: An Exploratory StudyShenghan Lai; Fiscal Year: 2006..The study could have major impact on a HIV-related biological, behavioral, and clinical research that extends beyond China to include all populations at risk for HIV infection. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Treatment Intensification for Drug-Resistant HIVSteven Deeks; Fiscal Year: 2004..Funding for the pilot clinical trial has been obtained from other sources; funding is requested in this proposal only for costs associated with the measurements of immunologic response to drug-resistant HIV-1. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF SPONGISTATIN ANTITUMOR AGENTSAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- HIV-1 gp120-induced Endothelial Cell DysfunctionGEORGETTE KANMOGNE; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Growth Hormone and Rosiglitazone for Visceral AdoposityMarshall Glesby; Fiscal Year: 2007..If the results are as predicted, then combination therapy with rhGH and rosiglitazone may prove to be a highly effective treatment for visceral adiposity in HIV-infected patients. ..
- Enhancing HIV Prevention Among High-Risk HIV+ MenKenneth Mayer; Fiscal Year: 2007..Participants will then be followed every three months for one year, integrating PCM and/or prevention booster sessions to their HIV care visits. ..
- MR imaging of myeloperoxidase activityRalph Weissleder; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ultimate goal of this research is to develop clinically useful imaging tools for the molecular assessment of atherosclerosis in vivo, which are currently limited. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HIGH EFFICIENCY LYMPHOCYTE LABELING FOR IN VIVO TRACKINGRalph Weissleder; Fiscal Year: 2004..Furthermore, the investigators believe that the proposed research is in the widest interest to the current NIAID program and other research programs in further developing robust tools to track immune cells in vivo. ..
- Diet/Exercise, Niacin, Fenofibrate for HIV LipodystrophyAshok Balasubramanyam; Fiscal Year: 2008..Thus, this study will determine the efficacy of diet and exercise, with and without niacin and fenofibrate, in reducing the cardiovascular risk of patients with HIV lipodystrophy / dyslipidemia. ..