Genomes and Genes
Summary: A direct-acting vasodilator that is used as an antihypertensive agent.
Publications230 found, 100 shown here
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized phase III trial of chemotherapy plus epigenetic therapy with hydralazine valproate for advanced cervical cancer. Preliminary resultsJaime Coronel
Division of Clinical Research, Instituto Nacional de Cancerologia, Mexico City, Mexico
Med Oncol 28:S540-6. 2011..This is a randomized phase III, placebo-controlled study of hydralazine and valproate (HV) added to cisplatin topotecan in advanced cervical cancer...
- Upregulation of NKG2D ligands and enhanced natural killer cell cytotoxicity by hydralazine and valproateA Chavez-Blanco
División de Investigación Básica, Instituto Nacional de Cancerologia, Mexico
Int J Oncol 39:1491-9. 2011..The results show that hydralazine and valproic acid not only increase the expression of MICA and MICB ligands of target cells, but also reduce ..
- Attenuation of mouse somatic and emotional inflammatory pain by hydralazine through scavenging acrolein and inhibiting neuronal activationLu Bai
Department of Anatomy and K K Leung Brain Research Centre, Preclinical School of Medicine, Fourth Military Medical University, China
Pain Physician 15:311-26. 2012Acrolein signaling is important during spinal cord injury; whether it is involved in somatic and emotional pain is not clear. Hydralazine is a potent antihypertensive drug and can scavenge acrolein efficiently.
- Hypoxia inducible factor-1 alpha, endothelial progenitor cells, monocytes, cardiovascular risk, wound healing, cobalt and hydralazine: a unifying hypothesisMichel R Hoenig
Clinical Sciences, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Curr Drug Targets 9:422-35. 2008..cardiovascular risk factors and discusses the manipulation of this system with existing drugs such as cobalt or hydralazine. By stabilizing HIF-1 alpha protein, these compounds will enhance EPC mobilization and function, thereby ..
- Angiotensin-(1-7) blockade attenuates captopril- or hydralazine-induced cardiovascular protection in spontaneously hypertensive rats treated with NG-nitro-L-arginine methyl esterIbrahim F Benter
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Kuwait
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 57:559-67. 2011..treatment attenuated the reduction in MAP and proteinuria by either captopril (300 mg/L in drinking water) or hydralazine (1.5 mg·kg(-1)·d(-1) ip)...
- Hydralazine may induce autoimmunity by inhibiting extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathway signalingChun Deng
Astrozeneca, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Arthritis Rheum 48:746-56. 2003To determine whether hydralazine might decrease DNA methyltransferase (DNMT) expression and induce autoimmunity by inhibiting extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) pathway signaling.
- Influence of blood pressure on the effectiveness of a fixed-dose combination of isosorbide dinitrate and hydralazine in the African-American Heart Failure TrialInder S Anand
VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:32-9. 2007..sought to assess the effect of baseline systolic blood pressure (SBP) and changes in SBP on the effectiveness of treatment with fixed-dose combination of isosorbide dinitrate and hydralazine (FDC I/H) in patients with heart failure (HF).
- Usefulness of Isosorbide Dinitrate and Hydralazine as add-on therapy in patients discharged for advanced decompensated heart failureWilfried Mullens
Department of Cardiology, Ziekenhuis Oost Limburg, Genk, Belgium
Am J Cardiol 103:1113-9. 2009Data supporting the use of oral isosorbide dinitrate and/or hydralazine (I/H) as add-on therapy to standard neurohormonal antagonists in advanced decompensated heart failure (ADHF) are limited, especially in the non-African-American ..
- A phase I study of hydralazine to demethylate and reactivate the expression of tumor suppressor genesPilar Zambrano
Unidad de Investigación Biomédica en Cáncer, Instituto Nacional de Cancerología Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas, UNAM, Mexico
BMC Cancer 5:44. 2005The antihypertensive compound hydralazine is a known demethylating agent. This phase I study evaluated the tolerability and its effects upon DNA methylation and gene reactivation in patients with untreated cervical cancer.
- Reactivation of tumor suppressor genes by the cardiovascular drugs hydralazine and procainamide and their potential use in cancer therapyBlanca Segura-Pacheco
Unidad de Investigación Biomédica en Cáncer, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico Instituto Nacional de Cancerología, Tlalpan 14080, Mexico D F
Clin Cancer Res 9:1596-603. 2003The purpose of this study is to evaluate the demethylating and tumor suppressor-reactivating activity of hydralazine and procainamide.
- Transient AT1 receptor-inhibition in prehypertensive spontaneously hypertensive rats results in maintained cardiac protection until advanced ageMarcus Baumann
Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Hypertens 25:207-15. 2007..We tested the hypothesis that transient AT1R blockade in SHR leads to cardiac protection until advanced age...
- Temporary angiotensin II blockade at the prediabetic stage attenuates the development of renal injury in type 2 diabetic ratsYukiko Nagai
Department of Pharmacology, Kagawa Medical University, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Miki cho, Kita gun, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:703-11. 2005..01% in food), angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor (temocapril, 0.01% in food), a combination of the two, or hydralazine (25 mg/kg per d) at the prediabetic stage (4 to 11 wk of age) and then monitored without further treatment ..
- Novel mechanism of action for hydralazine: induction of hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha, vascular endothelial growth factor, and angiogenesis by inhibition of prolyl hydroxylasesHelen J Knowles
Cancer Research UK Molecular Oncology Laboratory, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Circ Res 95:162-9. 2004The vasodilator hydralazine, used clinically in cardiovascular therapy, relaxes arterial smooth muscle by inhibiting accumulation of intracellular free Ca2+ via an unidentified primary target...
- Hydralazine inhibits human cervical cancer cell growth in vitro in association with APC demethylation and re-expressionYinhong Song
Department of Immunology, Medical College of Three Gorges University, Yichang, Hubei, People s Republic of China
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 63:605-13. 2009..b>Hydralazine is a stable DNA methylation inhibitor that has minimal toxicity in vitro and in vivo...
- Nitroso-redox balance in the cardiovascular systemJoshua M Hare
N Engl J Med 351:2112-4. 2004
- Simvastatin reverses target organ damage and oxidative stress in Angiotensin II hypertension: comparison with apocynin, tempol, and hydralazineCaroline Rugale
Groupe Rein Hypertension, Laboratoire de Nutrition Humaine et Athérogénèse Institut Universitaire de Recherche Clinique, Universite de Montpellier I, France
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 50:293-8. 2007..for 17 days) were concomitantly treated or not for the last 7 days with simvastatin, apocynin, tempol, and hydralazine (60, 60, 30, and 15 mg/kg per day, respectively). Only hydralazine lowered AngII hypertension...
- Proteome wide reduction in AGE modification in streptozotocin induced diabetic mice by hydralazine mediated transglycationSuresh K Kesavan
Proteomics Facility, Division of Biochemical Sciences, CSIR National Chemical Laboratory, Pune 411008, India
Sci Rep 3:2941. 2013..Here we report the transglycation activity of hydralazine using a newly developed MALDI-TOF-MS based assay...
- Hydralazine reduces the quantal size of secretory events by displacement of catecholamines from adrenomedullary chromaffin secretory vesiclesJosé D Machado
Unidad de Farmacologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain
Circ Res 91:830-6. 2002The effects of the antihypertensive agent hydralazine (1 to 100 nmol/L) on the exocytotic process of single adrenal chromaffin cells have been studied using amperometry...
- Hydralazine inhibits compression and acrolein-mediated injuries in ex vivo spinal cordKristin Hamann
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Center for Paralysis Research, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
J Neurochem 104:708-18. 2008..The current study demonstrates that the acrolein scavenger hydralazine protects against not only acrolein-mediated injury, but also compression in guinea pig spinal cord ex vivo...
- Accelerated cytotoxic mechanism screening of hydralazine using an in vitro hepatocyte inflammatory cell peroxidase modelShahrzad Tafazoli
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3M2
Chem Res Toxicol 21:904-10. 2008Long-term treatment of hypertensive disorders with hydralazine has resulted in some patients developing hepatitis and lupus erythematosus, an autoimmune syndrome...
- Alteration in flow (shear stress)-induced remodelling in rat resistance arteries with aging: improvement by a treatment with hydralazineOdile Dumont
Faculte de Medecine, CNRS UMR 6214, Angers 49045, France
Cardiovasc Res 77:600-8. 2008..In addition, we tested the capacity of a vasodilator treatment with hydralazine to restore remodelling, as we have previously shown that hydralazine has a potent effect on the process.
- Strong protein adduct trapping accompanies abolition of acrolein-mediated hepatotoxicity by hydralazine in miceLisa M Kaminskas
Molecular Toxicology Research Group, Department of Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 310:1003-10. 2004..Indeed, we recently established that the nucleophilic antihypertensive drug hydralazine readily "traps" acrolein adducts in cell proteins and strongly suppresses acrolein-mediated toxicity ..
- Attenuation of cardiac failure, dilatation, damage, and detrimental interstitial remodeling without regression of hypertrophy in hypertensive ratsO J Tsotetsi
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Pathophysiology, Department of Physiology, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Hypertension 38:846-51. 2001..b>Hydralazine given to SHR from 5...
- Antiatherogenic effect of bisvanillyl-hydralazone, a new hydralazine derivative with antioxidant, carbonyl scavenger, and antiapoptotic propertiesBenaissa Bouguerne
Biochimie, INSERM U858, Team Atherosclerosis, Toulouse, France
Antioxid Redox Signal 14:2093-106. 2011..We recently reported that the antihypertensive drug, hydralazine, exhibits carbonyl scavenger and antiatherogenic properties, but only moderate antioxidant activity, so that ..
- Antihypertensive drugs clonidine, diazoxide, hydralazine and furosemide regulate the production of cytokines by placentas and peripheral blood mononuclear cells in normal pregnancyBei Xu
Vascular Immunology Research Laboratory, The Heart Research Institute, University of Sydney, Australia
J Hypertens 24:915-22. 2006Antihypertensive drugs such as clonidine, diazoxide, hydralazine and furosemide are used in the hypertensive disorders of pregnancy to control blood pressure, but it is not clear if they modulate the production of placental or ..
- Combination of thiazolidinedione and hydralazine suppresses proliferation and induces apoptosis by PPARγ up-expression in MDA-MB-231 cellsYing Jiang
Department of General Surgery, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, PR China
Exp Mol Pathol 91:768-74. 2011..In TNBC cells, combined treatment with thiazolidinedione and demethylation drugs Hydralazine up-regulated protein and mRNA levels of PPARγ...
- Hydralazine for treatment of severe hypertension in pregnancy: meta-analysisLaura A Magee
University of British Columbia, BC Women s Hospital and Health Centre, 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6H 3N1
BMJ 327:955-60. 2003To review outcomes in randomised controlled trials comparing hydralazine against other antihypertensives for severe hypertension in pregnancy.
- Transcriptional changes induced by epigenetic therapy with hydralazine and magnesium valproate in cervical carcinomaErick de la Cruz-Hernandez
Unidad de Investigación Biomédica en Cáncer, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas IIB, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico UNAM, Instituto Nacional de Cancerología INCan, Mexico City, Mexico
Oncol Rep 25:399-407. 2011..Treatment for seven days with hydralazine and valproate (HV) in patients up-regulated 964 genes...
- Effect of fixed-dose combined isosorbide dinitrate/hydralazine in elderly patients in the African-American heart failure trialAnne L Taylor
Department of Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Card Fail 18:600-6. 2012Fixed-dose combined isosorbide dinitrate/hydralazine (FDC I/H) significantly improved outcomes in patients with advanced heart failure (HF) receiving background neurohormonal therapy in the African-American Heart Failure Trial (A-HeFT)...
- Use of hydralazine-isosorbide dinitrate combination in African American and other race/ethnic group patients with heart failure and reduced left ventricular ejection fractionHarsh B Golwala
Oklahoma University Health Science Center, VA Medical Center, Oklahoma City, OK
J Am Heart Assoc 2:e000214. 2013b>Hydralazine-isosorbide dinitrate (H-ISDN) therapy is recommended for African American patients with moderate to severe heart failure with reduced ejection fraction (<40%) (HFrEF), but use, temporal trends, and clinical characteristics ..
- Early and sustained benefit on event-free survival and heart failure hospitalization from fixed-dose combination of isosorbide dinitrate/hydralazine: consistency across subgroups in the African-American Heart Failure TrialAnne L Taylor
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Circulation 115:1747-53. 2007We previously reported that the fixed-dose combination of isosorbide dinitrate and hydralazine hydrochloride (FDC I/H) significantly decreased the risk of all-cause death and first hospitalization for heart failure (HF) and improved ..
- Chronic hydralazine improves flow (shear stress)-induced endothelium-dependent dilation in mouse mesenteric resistance arteries in vitroDiane Gorny
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U 541, IFR Circulation Paris Nord, Universite Paris VII, Paris, France
Microvasc Res 64:127-34. 2002..involved remain obscure, we studied FMD in resistance arteries from mice treated chronically (1 month) with hydralazine (200 mg/L in drinking water)...
- Influence of long-term treatment with hydrazinophthalazines on the activity of lysosomal exoglycosidases in rat tissuesK Olczyk
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Diagnostics, Silesian School of Medicine, Katowice, Poland
Acta Med Hung 45:161-9. 1988Serum antinuclear antibodies were induced in rats by treatment with hydralazine or todralazine, given in daily dose of 25 mg/kg of body wt. for 12 months...
- Hydralazine-induced autoimmune disease: comparison to idiopathic lupus and ANCA-positive vasculitisNaoto Yokogawa
Division of Rheumatology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Mod Rheumatol 19:338-47. 2009We report two cases of hydralazine-induced vasculitis with rare complications: pulmonary renal syndrome and digital gangrene. We also review 68 published cases of hydralazine-induced vasculitis...
- Epigenetic therapy with hydralazine and magnesium valproate reverses imatinib resistance in patients with chronic myeloid leukemiaEduardo Cervera
Hematology Department, Instituto Nacional de Cancerologia, Mexico City, Mexico
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk 12:207-12. 2012The epigenetic drugs hydralazine and valproate were administered in a compassionate manner to 8 patients with chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) refractory to imatinib...
- Subversion of B lymphocyte tolerance by hydralazine, a potential mechanism for drug-induced lupusLynda Mazari
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U430, University of Paris 6, F 75674 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:6317-22. 2007..Here, we tested the effect of hydralazine, an antihypertensive drug that triggers lupus, on receptor editing, a chief mechanism of B lymphocyte tolerance ..
- A phase II study of epigenetic therapy with hydralazine and magnesium valproate to overcome chemotherapy resistance in refractory solid tumorsM Candelaria
Division de Investigación Clínica, Instituto Nacional de Cancerologia, Mexico City, Mexico
Ann Oncol 18:1529-38. 2007..Epigenetic aberrations lead to chemotherapy resistance; hence, their reversal by inhibitors of DNA methylation and histone deacetylases may overcome it...
- Impaired T cell protein kinase C delta activation decreases ERK pathway signaling in idiopathic and hydralazine-induced lupusGabriela Gorelik
Department of Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Immunol 179:5553-63. 2007T cells from patients with lupus or treated with the lupus-inducing drug hydralazine have defective ERK phosphorylation...
- Molecular modeling and molecular dynamics studies of hydralazine with human DNA methyltransferase 1Narender Singh
Torrey Pines Institute for Molecular Studies, 11350 SW Village Parkway, Port St Lucie, FL 34987, USA
ChemMedChem 4:792-9. 2009..In the present study, a binding model for hydralazine, with a validated homology model of human DNMT, was developed by the use of automated molecular docking and ..
- Central and peripheral mechanisms of T-lymphocyte activation and vascular inflammation produced by angiotensin II-induced hypertensionPaul J Marvar
Division of Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Circ Res 107:263-70. 2010..We have previously found that T lymphocytes are essential for development of angiotensin II-induced hypertension; however, the mechanisms responsible for T-cell activation in hypertension remain undefined...
- Hypertension does not account for the accelerated atherosclerosis and development of aneurysms in male apolipoprotein e/endothelial nitric oxide synthase double knockout miceJ Chen
Cardiovascular Research Center and Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Circulation 104:2391-4. 2001..To test whether accelerated atherosclerosis and aortic aneurysms were due to hypertension, we administered hydralazine to male apoE/eNOS DKO mice to reduce blood pressure.
- Combination of isosorbide dinitrate and hydralazine in blacks with heart failureAnne L Taylor
Department of Medicine Cardiology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis 55455, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2049-57. 2004We examined whether a fixed dose of both isosorbide dinitrate and hydralazine provides additional benefit in blacks with advanced heart failure, a subgroup previously noted to have a favorable response to this therapy.
- Epigenetic and HIF-1 regulation of stanniocalcin-2 expression in human cancer cellsAlice Y S Law
Department of Biology, Hong Kong Baptist University, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
Exp Cell Res 314:1823-30. 2008..cells as a model, the link between DNA demethylation and STC2 expression was consistently demonstrated with hydralazine treatment, which was shown to reduce the protein level of DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) but stimulated STC2 ..
- Formulation development of oral controlled release tablets of hydralazine: optimization of drug release and bioadhesive characteristicsBhupinder Singh
University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences UGC Centre for Advanced Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India
Acta Pharm 59:1-13. 2009The current study involves development of oral bioadhesive hydrophilic matrices of hydralazine hydrochloride, and optimization of their in vitro drug release profile and ex vivo bioadhesion against porcine gastric mucosa...
- Blockade of angiotensin II provides additional benefits in hypertension- and ageing-related cardiac and vascular dysfunctions beyond its blood pressure-lowering effectsBuket Demirci
Department of Medicine, Institute of Clinical Science Block B, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast, UK
J Hypertens 23:2219-27. 2005..To assess the blockade of the renin-angiotensin system (RAS) or blood pressure-lowering on cardiovascular functions in hypertensive and ageing animals...
- Effects of fixed-dose isosorbide dinitrate/hydralazine on diastolic function and exercise capacity in hypertension-induced diastolic heart failureRichard M Wilson
Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Boston University School of Medicine, Evans Department of Medicine and Cardiovascular Section, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Hypertension 54:583-90. 2009..Hypertension also induces left ventricular (LV) hypertrophy. Fixed-dose isosorbide dinitrate/hydralazine (HISDN) decreased mortality in human systolic heart failure but it is unknown whether it improves maladaptive ..
- Hydralazine and magnesium valproate as epigenetic treatment for myelodysplastic syndrome. Preliminary results of a phase-II trialMyrna Candelaria
Division de Investigación Clínica, Instituto Nacional de Cancerología INCan, Mexico City, Mexico
Ann Hematol 90:379-87. 2011..Both drug classes synergize in their gene reactivating and anticancer activities. The combination of hydralazine and valproate (Transkrip®), a DNMT and HDAC inhibitor, respectively), has been developed as epigenetic therapy ..
- The influence of hydralazine on the vasculature, blood perfusion and chemosensitivity of MAC tumoursP K Quinn
Clinical Oncology Unit, University of Bradford, UK
Br J Cancer 66:323-30. 1992We have studied the influence of the peripheral vasodilator hydralazine (HDZ) on the vasculature and blood perfusion of two members of a series of subcutaneous murine adenocarcinomata of the colon (MAC tumours), and the influence of HDZ ..
- Mechanisms of hydralazine induced vasodilation in rabbit aorta and pulmonary arteryD C Ellershaw
Department of Pharmacology, UMDS, St Thomas's Hospital, Lambeth Palace Road, London, SE1 7EH
Br J Pharmacol 134:621-31. 20011. The directly acting vasodilator hydralazine has been proposed to act at an intracellular site in vascular smooth muscle to inhibit Ca(2+) release. 2...
- Influence of hydralazine on the pharmacokinetics of tauromustine (TCNU) in miceM C Bibby
Clinical Oncology Unit, University of Bradford, UK
Br J Cancer 65:347-50. 1992Several investigators including ourselves have shown that hydralazine can potentiate the anti-tumour activity of certain agents against murine tumours probably by manipulating tumour blood flow...
- A randomised comparison of hydralazine and mini-bolus diazoxide for hypertensive emergencies in pregnancy: the PIVOT trialAnnemarie Hennessy
Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy Unit, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 47:279-85. 2007..Rapid control of severe hypertension is necessary to reduce maternal morbidity, for example, stroke and placental abruption. This study was designed to compare the efficacy of mini-bolus diazoxide with intravenous (i.v.) hydralazine.
- Hydralazine inhibits rapid acrolein-induced protein oligomerization: role of aldehyde scavenging and adduct trapping in cross-link blocking and cytoprotectionPhilip C Burcham
Department of Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology, The University of Adelaide, Australia
Mol Pharmacol 69:1056-65. 2006b>Hydralazine strongly suppresses the toxicity of acrolein, a reactive aldehyde that contributes to numerous health disorders...
- Hydralazine rescues PC12 cells from acrolein-mediated deathPeishan Liu-Snyder
Center for Paralysis Research, Department of Basic Medical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907 2096, USA
J Neurosci Res 84:219-27. 2006..b>Hydralazine, a well-known treatment for hypertension, has been reported to react with acrolein, forming hydrazone in cell-..
- [Study of the CpG methylation status of ER alpha gene in estrogen receptor alpha-negative breast cancer cell lines and the role of hydralazine demethylation]Bo Tang
Breast Center, Southwest Hospital, Chongqing 400038, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 34:283-7. 2005..region in ER alpha-negative human breast cancer cell lines (MDA-MB-231 and MDA-MB-435) and breast cancer tissues; and to investigate the possibility of hydralazine in restoring the expression of ER alpha gene through demethylation.
- Isosorbide dinitrate-hydralazine combination therapy in African Americans with heart failureMelvin R Echols
University of Texas Southwestern Dallas, TX, USA
Vasc Health Risk Manag 2:423-31. 2006..been recently demonstrated that vasodilator therapy using the combination of isosorbide dinitrate (ISDN) and hydralazine (HYD) as an adjunct to background evidence-based therapy appears to display the strongest signal of benefit in ..
- Effect of vasodilator hydralazine on tumor microvascular random flow and blood volume as measured by intravoxel incoherent motion (IVIM) weighted MRI in conjunction with Gd-DTPA-Albumin enhanced MRIZ Wang
Center for Functional Onco-Imaging, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697-5020, USA
Magn Reson Imaging 19:1063-72. 2001We studied the effect of hydralazine on tumor blood volume fraction and microvascular random flow velocity magnitude by IVIM weighted MRI in conjunction with dynamic Gd-DTPA-Albumin enhanced MRI...
- Hydralazine-induced ANCA-positive pauci-immune glomerulonephritis: a case report and literature reviewMirela Dobre
Huron Hospital, a Cleveland Clinic Hospital, East Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Ren Fail 31:745-8. 2009We report a case of hydralazine-induced alveolar hemorrhage and anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA)-positive pauci-immune glomerulonephritis, with serum anti-histone antibodies present, features not previously described in the ..
- Hydralazine as antihypertensive therapy in obesity-related hypertensionJ F Carroll
Department of Integrative Physiology, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 28:384-90. 2004The objectives were two-fold: (1) determine whether the use of hydralazine as antihypertensive therapy during obesity development exacerbated obesity-related cardioacceleration and hormonal abnormalities; (2) determine whether the ..
- Hydralazine is a powerful inhibitor of peroxynitrite formation as a possible explanation for its beneficial effects on prognosis in patients with congestive heart failureAndreas Daiber
Klinikum der Johannes Gutenberg Universitat, II Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Labor für Molekulare Kardiologie, 55101 Mainz, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 338:1865-74. 2005..b>Hydralazine has been shown to prevent tolerance in experimental and clinical studies, all of which may be at least in part ..
- Effect of hydralazine on interstitial fluid pressure in experimental tumours and in normal tissueB Podobnik
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Trzaska 25, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
In Vivo 15:417-24. 2001..to measure the IFP simultaneously in tumour and in muscle or in subcutis and to determine whether injection of hydralazine reduces differentially tumour IFP with respect to IFP in surrounding and normal tissues...
- The effects of hydralazine on lipolysis in subcutaneous adipose tissue in humansNiels Boon
Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute Maastricht, University of Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Metabolism 56:1742-8. 2007..The objective of the study was to examine whether the calcium antagonist hydralazine affects blood flow and lipolysis in subcutaneous abdominal adipose tissue in vivo in humans...
- Inhibition of calcium release from the sarcoplasmic reticulum of rabbit aorta by hydralazineA M Gurney
Department of Pharmacology, United Medical School, St Thomas s Hospital, London
Br J Pharmacol 114:238-44. 19951. The mechanism of hydralazine-induced vasorelaxation was investigated in rabbit isolated aorta, by determining its ability to interfere with force development under a variety of conditions. 2...
- Hydralazine reduces elevated sleep apnea index in spontaneously hypertensive (SHR) rats to equivalence with normotensive Wistar-Kyoto ratsD W Carley
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago 60612, USA
Sleep 19:363-6. 1996The effects of lowering blood pressure (BP) by hydralazine (HY) (2 mg/kg) on spontaneous (SA) and post-sigh (PSA) sleep apneas have been studied in spontaneously hypertensive (SHR) rats by monitoring their respiration and sleep by the ..
- Oxygenation and blood flow in tumors treated with hydralazine: evaluation with a novel luminescence-based fiber-optic sensorTomaz Jarm
Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Ljubljana, Trzaska 25, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Technol Health Care 10:363-80. 2002Two optical methods were used simultaneously to evaluate the effect of a vasoactive drug hydralazine on oxygenation and blood flow in SA-1 tumors in A/J mice...
- Influence of hydralazine administration on oxygenation in spontaneous and transplanted tumor modelsB M Fenton
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 49:799-808. 2001To examine the effects of hydralazine on vascular perfusion and hypoxia in spontaneous vs. first generation and long-term transplanted murine tumor models.
- Time course of vascular arginase expression and activity in spontaneously hypertensive ratsCeline Demougeot
Laboratoire de Physiologie, Pharmacologie, Nutrition Preventive Experimentale, Equipe Optimisation Métabolique et Cellulaire, 25030 Besancon, France
Life Sci 80:1128-34. 2007..Arginase activity/expression was also measured in 10-week-old SHR previously treated with hydralazine (20 mg/kg/day, per os, for 5 weeks)...
- Site-dependent inhibition of neuronal c-jun in the brainstem elicited by imidazoline I1 receptor activation: role in rilmenidine-evoked hypotensionXu Wang
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27834, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 514:191-9. 2005..As a control, a similar hypotensive response was elicited by i.v. hydralazine. Clonidine (0...
- Novel mechanism and role of angiotensin II induced vascular endothelial injury in hypertensive diastolic heart failureEiichiro Yamamoto
Department of Pharmacology and Molecular Therapeutics, Kumamoto University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 1 1 1 Honjyo, Kumamoto 860 8556, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:2569-75. 2007..We examined the molecular mechanism of angiotensin (AII)-induced vascular endothelial injury and its significance for hypertensive diastolic heart failure...
- Angiotensin II AT1 receptors regulate ACE2 and angiotensin-(1-7) expression in the aorta of spontaneously hypertensive ratsMichiya Igase
Hypertension and Vascular Disease Center, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 289:H1013-9. 2005..kg(-1).day(-1), n = 13) compared with those that received atenolol (30 mg.kg(-1).day(-1), n = 13), hydralazine (10 mg.kg(-1).day(-1), n = 13), or vehicle (n = 21)...
- Inhibition of NF-kappaB induces regression of cardiac hypertrophy, independent of blood pressure control, in spontaneously hypertensive ratsSudhiranjan Gupta
Dept of Molecular Cardiology, NB 50, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 289:H20-9. 2005..NF-kappaB activation was also evaluated in rats treated for 10 wk with captopril or hydralazine alone or with either drug plus PDTC. All components were increased in SHRs compared with WKYs...
- The expression of heme oxygenase-1 and inducible nitric oxide synthase in aorta during the development of hypertension in spontaneously hypertensive ratsPao Yun Cheng
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Hypertens 17:1127-34. 2004....
- Characterization of endothelium-dependent vasodilation and vasoconstriction in coronary arteries from spontaneously hypertensive ratsL C Fuchs
Department of Pharmacology, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
Am J Hypertens 9:475-83. 1996..Male SHR and WKY rats (12 to 14 weeks old) were divided into control and hydralazine-treated (120 mg/L drinking water for 10 days) groups...
- Evaluation of cardiovascular parameters of a selenium-based antihypertensive using pulsed Doppler ultrasoundJ D Overcast
School of Chemistry and Biochemistry and School of Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 38:337-46. 2001..These results were compared with the known vasodilator hydralazine, which had similar effects on mean arterial pressure (MAP) and peak velocity but caused an increase in LVET (+..
- Magnesium inhibits norepinephrine release by blocking N-type calcium channels at peripheral sympathetic nerve endingsTatsuo Shimosawa
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Hypertension 44:897-902. 2004..We studied its actions on the blood pressure response to hydralazine, a direct vasodilator, in conscious spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHRs), and to electrical stimulation in ..
- Periprocedural hypertension: current concepts in management for the vascular surgeonRussell H Samson
Mote Vascular Foundation, Inc, Sarasota, FL 34233, USA
Vasc Endovascular Surg 38:361-6. 2004..Postoperative hypertension may require 1 of a number of intravenous medications, which are listed. Oral nifedipine should generally be avoided for fear of inducing an uncontrolled hypotensive response and cardiac ischemia...
- Olmesartan improves endothelin-induced hypertension and oxidative stress in ratsLi Yao
Department of Pharmacology, Kagawa Medical University, Japan
Hypertens Res 27:493-500. 2004..01% in chow, 117+/-5 mmHg, n =7), or hydralazine (15 mg/kg/day in drinking water, 118+/-4 mmHg, n=6)...
- Eplerenone prevents salt-induced vascular remodeling and cardiac fibrosis in stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive ratsDierk H Endemann
CIHR Multidisciplinary Research Group on Hypertension, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Canada
Hypertension 43:1252-7. 2004..A group of high-salt SHRSP was also treated with hydralazine (25 mg/kg per day). Blood pressure increased more in high-salt rats than in other groups (P<0.001)...
- Combination pharmacologic therapies for heart failure: what next after angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and beta-blockers?Osama A Ibrahim
Case Western Reserve University and Louis B Stokes Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Research Service, 151W 10701 East Boulevard, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Curr Heart Fail Rep 2:89-93. 2005..This article reviews the latest advances in pharmacologic therapy in HF, looking at several trials that may have a significant impact on the treatment of HF. We also discuss several newer agents with promising potential in HF management...
- Long-term inhibition of angiotensin prevents reduction of periarterial innervation of calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP)-containing nerves in spontaneously hypertensive ratsNarumi Hobara
Department of Clinical Pharmaceutical Science, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama University, Okayama, Japan
Hypertens Res 28:465-74. 2005..005% temocapril), angiotensin II type-1 (AT1) receptor antagonist (0.025% losartan) or vasodilator (0.01% hydralazine) in their drinking water...
- Prevention of hypertension abrogates early inflammatory events in the retina of diabetic hypertensive ratsKamila C Silva
Renal Pathophysiology Laboratory, Nephrology Unit, Faculty of Medical Sciences FCM, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Exp Eye Res 85:123-9. 2007..It is suggested that the inflammatory events may be involved in the mechanism by which hypertension exacerbates retinopathy in patients with diabetes...
- p38 MAP kinase activity is correlated with angiotensin II type 1 receptor blocker-induced left ventricular reverse remodeling in spontaneously hypertensive heart failure ratsQiangrong Liang
University of South Dakota, School of Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Institute South Dakota Health Research Foundation, Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57105, USA
J Card Fail 12:479-86. 2006..The present study was to determine if changes in mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK, including ERK, JNK, and p38) signaling correlate with ARB-elicited reversal of cardiac hypertrophy in SHHF rats...
- Angiotensin II type 1 receptor blocker reduces monocyte adhesion to endothelial cells in spontaneously hypertensive ratsFuki Ikeda
Department of Medicine, Metabolism and Endocrinology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
Endocr J 54:605-12. 2007..kg(-1) . day(-1)) and the vasodilator, hydralazine (0.75 mg . kg(-1) . day(-1))...
- Control of oxidative stress in microcirculation of spontaneously hypertensive ratsF A DeLano
Microcirculation Laboratory, Department of Bioengineering and The Whitaker Institute for Biomedical Engineering, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0412, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 288:H805-12. 2005..After pressure reduction was employed with chronic hydralazine treatment, the formazan deposits were reduced in all locations of the microcirculation in both WKY rats and ..
- Increased intracavernosal pressure response in hypertensive rats after chronic hemin treatmentRany Shamloul
Department of Physiology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
J Sex Med 3:619-27. 2006..Erectile dysfunction (ED) is increased in prevalence in patients with arterial hypertension. Whether upregulation of heme oxygenase (HO) expression could improve penile erection has been unknown...
- Differences between Candesartan and Hydralazine in the protection of penile structures in spontaneously hypertensive ratsOsvaldo Néstor Mazza
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine, Hospital Aleman, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Sex Med 3:604-11. 2006..However, at present there is no substantial information concerning the functional aspect of this class of antihypertensive drugs...
- Effects of angiotensin II type 1 receptor blockade on the systemic blood nitric oxide dynamics in Nomega-nitro-L-arginine methyl ester-treated ratsYasuhisa Kanematsu
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Japan
Hypertens Res 29:369-74. 2006..In contrast, coadministration of hydralazine improved hypertension but did not affect the blood HbNO concentration...
- Reducing blood pressure in SHR with enalapril provokes redistribution of NHE3, NaPi2, and NCC and decreases NaPi2 and ACE abundanceLi E Yang
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90089 9142, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F1197-208. 2007..67 +/- 0.22), and cortical NaPi2 (0.83 +/- 0.10). Normalizing SHR BP with HRH (7.5 mg/day hydralazine, 0...
- Angiotensin II type 1 receptor blocker prevents atrial structural remodeling in rats with hypertension induced by chronic nitric oxide inhibitionHidetoshi Okazaki
Department of Structural Analysis, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, Suita, Japan
Hypertens Res 29:277-84. 2006..1 mg/kg/day), and an L-NAME + hydralazine group (L-NAME plus hydralazine at 120 mg/l in drinking water)...
- ACE inhibition restores the vasodilator potency of the endothelium-derived relaxing factor, L-S-nitrosocysteine, in conscious Spontaneously Hypertensive ratsStephen J Lewis
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Institute of Comparative Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602 7389, USA
Vascul Pharmacol 44:491-507. 2006....
- POMC biosynthesis in the intermediate lobe of the spontaneously hypertensive ratR A Felder
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville 22908
Am J Hypertens 2:618-24. 1989..Oral administration of three different antihypertensive agents (propranolol, captopril, or hydralazine) for 12 weeks normalized blood pressure and POMC biosynthesis in the SHR but had no effect on either variable ..
- FDA approves heart drug for black patientsMichelle Meadows
FDA Consum 39:8-9. 2005..When added to standard heart failure therapy, BiDil dramatically reduces death and hospitalization in blacks...
- Impact of antihypertensive treatments on erectile responses in aging spontaneously hypertensive ratsJohanna L Hannan
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
J Hypertens 24:159-68. 2006..The present study examined the impact of antihypertensive and testosterone treatments on erectile function in aging SHR...
- Tight blood pressure control decreases apoptosis during renal damageKarina Soto
Renal and Vascular Laboratory, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz Universidad Autonoma, Madrid, Spain
Kidney Int 65:811-22. 2004..An excess rate of apoptosis could lead to the gradual loss of renal mass. In this study, we investigated the role of apoptosis in the renal damage secondary to hypertension...
- Congestive heart failure: what should be the initial therapy and why?Kanu Chatterjee
Chatterjee Center for Cardiac Research, Moffitt Long Hospital, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0124, USA
Am J Cardiovasc Drugs 2:1-6. 2002..if ACE inhibitors are not tolerated because of intractable cough or angioedema;adequate dosages of hydralazine and isosorbide dinitrate if ACE inhibitors or ARBs are not tolerated; relatively low dosages of digoxin (serum ..
- Effects of dipeptidyl peptidase iv inhibition on arterial blood pressureEdwin K Jackson
Center for Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 100 Technology Drive, Suite 450, Pittsburgh, PA 15219 3130, USA
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 35:29-34. 2008..blood pressure in anaesthetized adult SHR and WKY rats in the absence and presence of either captopril, hydralazine or chlorisondamine to lower basal mean arterial blood pressure (MABP) by different mechanisms (inhibition of ..
- Effects of antihypertensive drugs on ultrasound production and cardiovascular responses in 15-day-old ratsMark S Blumberg
Program in Behavioral and Cognitive Neuroscience, Department of Psychology, The University of Iowa, E11 Seashore Hall, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Behav Brain Res 131:37-46. 2002..In Experiment 3, chlorisondamine (5 mg/kg), a ganglionic blocker that causes vasodilation and bradycardia, and hydralazine (20 mg/kg), a selective dilator of arteries, was administered to 15-day-olds...
- The influence of chronic antihypertensive treatment on the central pressor response in SHRY Lin
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Hypertens Res 24:173-8. 2001..in drinking water, n=12); 2) losartan (Los: 40 mg/kg/day, n=11); 3) candesartan (Cand: 4 mg/kg/day, n=12); 4) hydralazine+hydrochlorothiazide (H&H: 50+7.5 mg/kg/day, n=9); 5) vehicle (Control: n=9)...
- Abnormal platelet function and calcium handling in Dahl salt-hypertensive ratsY Li
Vascular Biology Unit, Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Hypertension 37:1129-35. 2001..The alteration in Ca(2+) stores was not prevented when the hypertension was prevented by treatment with hydralazine and reserpine...
- Contemporary treatment of heart failure: is there adequate evidence to support a unique strategy for African-Americans? Con positionKeith C Ferdinand
Heartbeats Life Center, Xavier University of Louisiana, College of Pharmacy, 1201 Poland Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70117, USA
Curr Hypertens Rep 4:311-8. 2002..The use of evidence-based therapies should be equally applied to African-Americans as well as to other ethnic groups while awaiting further studies...
- Resistance artery mechanics and composition in angiotensin II-infused rats: effects of aldosterone antagonismMario Fritsch Neves
Multidisciplinary Research Group on Hypertension, Canadian Institutes of Health Research, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, 110 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2W 1R7
J Hypertens 21:189-98. 2003..Angiotensin (Ang) II stimulates aldosterone production, which may mediate some of the effects of Ang II...
- AT1 receptor antagonist combats oxidative stress and restores nitric oxide signaling in the SHRW J Welch
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Kidney Int 59:1257-63. 2001..kg-1. day-1), or nonspecific therapy with hydralazine + hydrochlorothiazide + reserpine (HHR) for two weeks...
- Biomarkers to Assess Selenium Chemoprevention for NSCLCSteven A Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2012..exposure with rosiglitazone, a PPAR-3 agonist;sodium phenylbutyrate, a histone deacetylase inhibitor, hydralazine, a 5- methylcytosine demethylating agent, and selenium markedly decreased the progression and size of pre- ..
- Lysosomal phospholipase A2 in autoimmune diseaseJAMES ALAN SHAYMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..4) To determine whether inhibition of lysosomal phospholipase A2 by hydralazine, quinidine, and procainamide is the basis for drug induced lupus...
- PITCH HF (CCC) Lead ApplicationMarc J Semigran; Fiscal Year: 2013..African-Americans intolerant of combined isosorbide dinitrate/hydralazine therapy may be enrolled...
- PITCH HF (DCC)Flora Sandra Siami; Fiscal Year: 2013..African-Americans intolerant of combined isosorbide dinitrate/hydralazine therapy may be enrolled...
- Role of T-cells in the induction of lupusBruce C Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2013..contribution, but incomplete concordance in identical twins and reports that drugs like procainamide and hydralazine cause a lupus- like disease suggest an environmental component as well...
- Role of Acrolein in Spinal Cord InjuryRiyi Shi; Fiscal Year: 2013..evaluate the effectiveness of acrolein binding as therapeutic strategy using two known acrolein scavengers, hydralazine and phenelezine in rat SCI in vivo...
- Targeting Wave Reflections in Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection FractionJULIO ALONSO CHIRINOS MEDINA; Fiscal Year: 2013..arterial wave reflections with either isosorbide dinitrate or the combination of isosorbide dinitrate and hydralazine administered for 24 weeks will improve diastolic function, LV remodeling and clinically-relevant endpoints (..
- Heart Failure Clinical Trials NetworkJaved Butler; Fiscal Year: 2013..induced Vasodilation Evaluation in acute HF - NOVEL-HF) to evaluate the efficacy of the oral combination of hydralazine plus isosorbide dinitrate (H-ISDN) in patients with HF due to systolic dysfunction admitted with acute ..
- PROSTAGLANDINS AND LOCAL CONTROL OF THE CIRCULATIONALAN NIES; Fiscal Year: 1990..studies include 1) clinical studies to test the hypothesis that the antihypertensive drugs propranolol, hydralazine and thiazides enhance vascular prostacyclin synthesis, which accounts for the ability of cyclooxygenase ..
- VASODILATOR-ASSISTED HYPERTHERMIA OF DEEP SEATED TUMORSGILBERT NUSSBAUM; Fiscal Year: 1991..The long term objective will be pursued through investigation of the effects of the vasodilators hydralazine and sodium nitroprusside on perfusion rate (capillary blood flow) and hyperthermic temperature distributions in ..
- PSYCHOSOCIAL HYPERTENSION, CATECHOLAMINES AND DRUGSJames Henry; Fiscal Year: 1980..The work has now moved to the mechanisms involved, including possible immunological changes, and to methods of preventing them. ..
- THE TREATMENT OF PULMONARY HYPERTENSIONJames Pachence; Fiscal Year: 2000..General vasodilators such as hydralazine and the prostacyclin analogue epoprostenol have been used, but are only marginally effective...
- HUMORAL MECHANISMS IN CARDIAC HYPERTROPHYShirley Smith; Fiscal Year: 1991..isolated myocyte size in the right and left ventricles and total heart weight increased in animals treated with hydralazine, a drug which has been associated with high AII levels...
- DNA METHYLATION, GENE EXPRESSION AND AUTOIMMUNITYBruce Richardson; Fiscal Year: 1992..In preliminary experiments we demonstrated that procainamide, hydralazine and 5-azaC all induced autoreactivity in cloned antigen specific T cells, and inhibited 3H- methyl ..
- Race as a Proxy for Genetic Variation in Heart FailureRAEGAN DURANT; Fiscal Year: 2005..Clinical trial data suggests that African Americans with heart failure may benefit from a combination of hydralazine/isosorbide dinitrate previously thought to be ineffective in all populations...
- Sustained Blood Pressure Reduction After Drug WithdrawalCURTIS KOST; Fiscal Year: 2004..and the angiotensin AT1-receptor blocker, L158809, but not following withdrawal of the general vasodilator, hydralazine. In addition, our preliminary data indicate that sympathetic tone is attenuated in the captopril-withdrawn SHR ..
- ENVIRONMENTAL HYDRAZINES AND METHYLATION OF DNA GUANINERONALD SHANK; Fiscal Year: 1992..in liver DNA and development of liver necrosis in hamsters given three dose levels of hydrazine daily in the drinking water for two years, and 5) determine the structures of the DNA adducts formed by phenylhydrazine and hydralazine.
- MYOCYTE REMODELING IN HEART FAILUREANTHONY GERDES; Fiscal Year: 2004..b>Hydralazine also normalized blood pressure, but there was no regression of myocyte hypertrophy...
- MOMENT (Monitoring for Outpatient Medication Effects and New Toxicities) in TIMERANDOLPH MILLER; Fiscal Year: 2009..renal insufficiency, glucose intolerance);and, (c) and clinical diseases (such as systemic lupus induced by hydralazine or procainamide, or acute myocardial infarction associated with rofecoxib)...
- PHARMACOGENETIC FACTORS AND ADVERSE DRUG REACTIONSCHARLENE MCQUEEN; Fiscal Year: 1991b>Hydralazine (HDZ) is an antihypertensive drug that is a substrate for N-acetyltransferase...
- Aberrant gene expression in CD4+CD28-T cells: mechanismsBruce C Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will identify mechanisms modifying gene expression in this pathologic subset, and suggest ways to restore normal gene expression in these cells. ..
- SIGNIFICANCE OF AGE DEPENDENT CHANGES IN DNA METHYLATIONBruce Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2002..This approach may also prove useful in characterizing genes that have altered expression with aging in lymphocytes and other cell types, and that may contribute to the development of autoimmunity and malignancies in the elderly. ..
- GENDER-SPECIFIC T CELL HOMING AND AUTOIMMUNITYBruce Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2003..Dr. Richardson anticipates that these studies will identify novel and important mechanisms contributing to the increased incidence and severity of autoimmune disease in women. ..
- Environmental effects on lupus T cell DNA methylation and gene expressionBruce Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Evidence that dietary modification can ameliorate aberrant gene expression in vitro and disease severity in the murine model will lead to studies extending these results to lupus patients. ..
- Genetic Modulation of Left Ventricular RecoveryDennis McNamara; Fiscal Year: 2008..Specific Aim 3 will examine other genetic loci which act as modifiers of the cytokine and neurohomonal response, in particular NOS2, NOS3 and aldosterone synthase. ..
- Intrarenal Augmentation of Angiotensinogen by Ang IIHiroyuki Kobori; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Skeletal Muscle Microcirculation in Obese Zucker RatsJefferson Frisbee; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- NERVE REPAIR BY SYNTHETIC AND BIOLOGICAL POLYMERSRiyi Shi; Fiscal Year: 2003..Frequent consultation with a neurosurgeon, who is a member of the research team, will provide necessary input to direct the study and experiments towards clinically relevant solutions for transection nerve injuries. ..
- CYCLIC AMP/ADENOSINE PATHWAYEdwin Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- SYSTOLIC CARDIAC FUNCTION IN OBESITY AND EXERCISEJOAN CARROLL; Fiscal Year: 2004..Because such a large segment of the American population is overweight or obese, the knowledge and insight gained from these studies can have far-reaching effects. ..
- SYSTOLIC CARDIAC FUNCTION IN OBESITY AND EXERCISEJOAN CARROLL; Fiscal Year: 2004..along with obesity, and obese rabbits in which blood pressure will be controlled at pre-obese values using oral Hydralazine. We will use acute and chronic (telemetry) measurement of heart rate and blood pressure, as well as colored ..
- Pulse Doppler Ultrasound Imaging SystemJOAN CARROLL; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- SYNTHESIS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSK C Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- EMERGING ISSUES IN CRIMINAL FORENSIC GENETICSPAMELA L SANKAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..While potentially useful to law enforcement, this technology could fundamentally alter the role of genetics in law enforcement and negatively influence public trust in genetics generally. ..
- REGULATION OF VASOPRESSIN SECRETIONCelia D Sladek; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Neurohormonal Blockade and Outcomes in Diastolic Heart FailureAli Ahmed; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed study will examine the effect of neurohormonal blockade in propensity matched OPTIMIZE-HF participants with diastolic heart failure. ..
- NPY Induced Regulation of Sympathetic NeurotransmissionTHOMAS WESTFALL; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will provide useful new information on the functional role and mechanism of action of NPY in the prejunctional regulation of sympathetic neurotransmission. ..
- 2002 Myogenic Centennial ConferenceGeorge Osol; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- ANGIOTENSIN, LEPTIN, AND THE SYMPATHETIC NERVOUS SYSTEMLisa Cassis; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- MODERATE ALCOHOL USE--CARDIOVASCULAR RISKS AND BENEFITSThomas Giles; Fiscal Year: 2001..The exacerbation or prevention of EIH will be related to drug effects on the cell-signaling pathway. This research can define the cell-signaling pathway in EIH and provide new and novel approaches to treating EIH. ..
- Heart failure, chronic kidney disease, and renin-angiotensin system inhibitionAli Ahmed; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF HEXACARBON-INDUCED AXON ATROPHYRICHARD LOPACHIN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding the role and mechanism of axon atrophy in solvent neurotoxicity has broad-based implications for human occupational health and risk assessment. ..
- Resistance Artery Adaptation in Hypertensive PregnancyGeorge Osol; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Behavioral state development in infantsMark Blumberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- ACUTE REPAIR OF SPINAL INJURY WITH FUSOGENSRichard Borgens; Fiscal Year: 2002..An anatomical evaluation of the degree of axonal repair between control and PEG treated spinal cords using a horseradish peroxidase dye exclusion test and conventional histology. ..
- MECHANOTRANSDUCTION BY VASCULAR SMOOTH MUSCLEGeorge Osol; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Colliding Categories: Haplotypes, Race & EthnicityJonathan Kahn; Fiscal Year: 2003..The project will disseminate its findings through a consensus article, web-based materials, a national conference to be held during its second year, and a published symposium growing out of that conference. ..
- VENOARTERIAL SIGNALING IN THE UTERINE CIRCULATIONGeorge Osol; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will provide new, quantitative information on the mechanisms by which molecular signals and pregnancy modulate venous permeability and signal transfer within the uterine circulation. ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF APOPTOLIDINK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed work is expected to have significant impact in the area of cancer chemotherapy and should provide enabling technologies and tools for biology and medicine. ..
- Angiotensin/Sympathetic Interactions and Blood PressureLisa Cassis; Fiscal Year: 2004..Moreover, novel interactions between AngII and leptin in the control of blood pressure may relate to hypertension in the obese population. ..
- BEYOND STIGMA--INTERPRETING GENETIC DIFFERENCEPamela Sankar; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Enabling Technologies for Combinatorial ChemistryK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF NATURAL PRODUCTSK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2002..3] sigmatropic rearrangement and a radical based ring closure to form the bicyclic skeleton. ..
- Heart Failure and Beta-Blocker Use in Older AdultsAli Ahmed; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF ENZYMIC AND HYDRIDE TRANSFERSGregory Petsko; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Vevo 770 High Resolution Ultrasound Imaging SystemMarielle Scherrer Crosbie; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will use this machine to better understand the pathways involved in pulmonary and systemic high blood pressure, atherosclerosis, heart failure, as well as to attempt to image stem cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Family Blood Pressure Program (GenNet Network)Alan Weder; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] (End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Sixth Annual Meeting of the Internatioanl Society for the Prevention of Tobacco IParimal Chowdhury; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, this meeting will be a resource to decrease the huge sociological and economic burden the world faces regarding addiction to tobacco. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Place of Race in Gene Patenting and Drug DevelopmentJonathan Kahn; Fiscal Year: 2008..The guidelines will be employed when reviewing applications that use race and/or ethnicity in a manner that is premised upon an underlying assumption that such categories are somehow genetic. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Exploring Attitudes About Data Disclosure and Data-Sharing in Genomics ResearchSusanne Haga; Fiscal Year: 2008..The success of large-scale genomics research initiatives will depend on the support and participation of the public and therefore, their views are critically important to obtain. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Validity of Diabetes Self-Reports in the Women's Health InitiativeKaren Margolis; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of the study will help determine whether self-reported diabetes can be used for other analyses of the WHI data, and for post- menopausal women in other studies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CARDIOVASCULAR CONCOMITANTS OF ULTRASONIC VOCALIZATIONSMark Blumberg; Fiscal Year: 2002..Through these approaches, an integrated view of the varied mechanisms by which infant and adult mammals regulate cardiovascular function during physiological and behavioral challenges will emerge. ..