Genomes and Genes
Summary: A serotonin uptake inhibitor that is effective in the treatment of depression.
Publications321 found, 100 shown here
- Paroxetine for the prevention of depression induced by high-dose interferon alfaD L Musselman
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
N Engl J Med 344:961-6. 2001..eligible for high-dose interferon alfa therapy, we randomly assigned 20 patients to receive the antidepressant paroxetine and 20 to receive placebo...
- Active tamoxifen metabolite plasma concentrations after coadministration of tamoxifen and the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor paroxetineVered Stearns
The Breast Cancer Program, Department of Medicine, Lombardi Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:1758-64. 2003..In a prospective clinical trial, we tested the effects of coadministration of tamoxifen and the SSRI paroxetine, an inhibitor of CYP2D6, on tamoxifen metabolism.
- Neurobehavioral effects of interferon-alpha in cancer patients: phenomenology and paroxetine responsiveness of symptom dimensionsLucile Capuron
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, 1639 Pierce Drive, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 26:643-52. 2002..melanoma undergoing interferon-alpha (IFN-alpha) therapy can be reduced by pretreatment with the antidepressant, paroxetine. Using dimensional analyses, the present study assessed the expression and treatment responsiveness of specific ..
- Interferon-alpha-induced changes in tryptophan metabolism. relationship to depression and paroxetine treatmentLucile Capuron
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Biol Psychiatry 54:906-14. 2003..Tryptophan (TRP) degradation into kynurenine (KYN) by the enzyme, indoleamine-2,3-dioxygenase, during immune activation may contribute to development of depressive symptoms during interferon (IFN)-alpha therapy...
- Fluoxetine versus sertraline and paroxetine in major depressive disorder: changes in weight with long-term treatmentM Fava
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 61:863-7. 2000..Also unknown is whether different agents have differential effects. To examine these questions, we assessed weight changes in patients randomly assigned to long-term treatment with fluoxetine, sertraline, or paroxetine.
- Proteomic and metabolomic profiling reveals time-dependent changes in hippocampal metabolism upon paroxetine treatment and biomarker candidatesChristian Webhofer
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstrasse 2 10, 80804 Munich, Germany Graduate School of Systemic Neurosciences, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Planegg Martinsried, Germany
J Psychiatr Res 47:289-98. 2013..In the present study we aimed at identifying hippocampal cellular pathway alterations in DBA/2 mice using paroxetine as a representative Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI)...
- Perinatal outcome following third trimester exposure to paroxetineAdriana Moldovan Costei
The Motherisk Program, Division of Clinical Pharmacology Toxicology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 156:1129-32. 2002b>Paroxetine hydrochloride is commonly used for maternal depression, panic disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder. The drug readily crosses the human placenta...
- Inhibition of G protein-activated inwardly rectifying K+ channels by the antidepressant paroxetineToru Kobayashi
Department of Molecular Neuropathology, Brain Research Institute, Niigata University, Niigata, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 102:278-87. 2006b>Paroxetine is commonly used as a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor for the treatment of depression and other psychiatric disorders. However, the molecular mechanisms of the paroxetine effects have not yet been sufficiently clarified...
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled study of quetiapine and paroxetine as monotherapy in adults with bipolar depression (EMBOLDEN II)Susan L McElroy
Lindner Center of HOPE Research Institute, Mason, OH 45040, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 71:163-74. 2010The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of quetiapine and paroxetine monotherapy for major depression in bipolar disorder.
- Detecting drug interactions from adverse-event reports: interaction between paroxetine and pravastatin increases blood glucose levelsN P Tatonetti
Biomedical Informatics Training Program, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 90:133-42. 2011The lipid-lowering agent pravastatin and the antidepressant paroxetine are among the most widely prescribed drugs in the world. Unexpected interactions between them could have important public health implications...
- Effect of paroxetine hydrochloride (Paxil) on fatigue and depression in breast cancer patients receiving chemotherapyJoseph A Roscoe
University of Rochester Cancer Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 704, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 89:243-9. 2005..It commonly co-exists with depression in patients undergoing chemotherapy, suggesting that administration of an antidepressant that alleviates symptoms of depression could also reduce fatigue...
- Genome-wide expression profiling of human lymphoblastoid cell lines identifies CHL1 as a putative SSRI antidepressant response biomarkerAyelet Morag
Department of Human Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Pharmacogenomics 12:171-84. 2011..Here, we present an alternative transcriptome-based genome-wide approach for searching antidepressant drug-response biomarkers by using drug-effect phenotypes in human lymphoblastoid cell lines (LCLs)...
- Comparison of dapoxetine versus paroxetine in patients with premature ejaculation: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, fixed-dose, randomized studyMohammad Reza Safarinejad
Urology Nephrology Research Center, Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Clin Neuropharmacol 29:243-52. 2006To compare the efficacy and safety of dapoxetine, paroxetine, and placebo for the oral pharmacotherapy of premature ejaculation.
- Sodium channel blockade may contribute to the analgesic efficacy of antidepressantsIvy E Dick
Department of Ion Channels, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, New Jersey 07065 0900, USA
J Pain 8:315-24. 2007..By contrast, fluoxetine, paroxetine, mianserine, and zimelidine had IC(50)s for Na(V)1...
- Major depression with ischemic heart disease: effects of paroxetine and nortriptyline on long-term heart rate variability measuresVikram K Yeragani
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Biol Psychiatry 52:418-29. 2002..Recent studies have shown decreased vagal function in cardiac patients with depression and depressed patients without cardiac illness...
- First trimester paroxetine use and the prevalence of congenital, specifically cardiac, defects: a meta-analysis of epidemiological studiesKeele E Wurst
Worldwide Epidemiology, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 88:159-70. 2010Several studies have evaluated maternal first trimester paroxetine use and the prevalence of congenital defects, particularly cardiac defects. To synthesize current epidemiologic information, a meta-analysis was conducted.
- A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial of paroxetine controlled-release in irritable bowel syndromePrakash S Masand
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, 1001 Winstead Dr, Suite 200, Cary, NC 27513, USA
Psychosomatics 50:78-86. 2009..Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a functional gastrointestinal (GI) disease that causes significant impairment in quality of life and accounts for $8 billion per year to the healthcare system and loss of productivity in the workplace...
- Changes in brain protein expression are linked to magnesium restriction-induced depression-like behaviorNigel Whittle
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology and Center for Molecular Biosciences, University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Amino Acids 40:1231-48. 2011..Aberrant expressions of DDAH1, MnSOD and GDH1 were normalized by chronic paroxetine treatment which also normalized the enhanced depression-like behavior, strengthening the link between the ..
- A double-blind placebo-controlled study of the efficacy and safety of paroxetine in the treatment of pathological gamblingSuck Won Kim
Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 63:501-7. 2002This randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study investigated the efficacy and tolerability of paroxetine in the treatment of pathological gambling.
- Differential enhancement of antidepressant penetration into the brain in mice with abcb1ab (mdr1ab) P-glycoprotein gene disruptionManfred Uhr
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstrasse 10, D 80804 Munich, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 54:840-6. 2003..used to examine the effect of the absence of the drug-transporting P-glycoprotein (P-gp) at the blood-brain barrier on the uptake of the antidepressants venlafaxine, paroxetine, mirtazapine, and doxepin and its metabolites into the brain.
- Pharmacological interaction between 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy) and paroxetine: pharmacological effects and pharmacokineticsMagi Farre
Pharmacology Research Unit, Institut Municipal d Investigació Mèdica Hospital del Mar, Doctor Aiguader 88, E 08003 Barcelona, Spain
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 323:954-62. 2007..A clinical trial was designed where subjects pretreated with paroxetine, one of the most potent inhibitors of both 5-hydroxytryptamine reuptake and CYP2D6 activity, were challenged ..
- Effectiveness of paroxetine in the treatment of acute major depression in adults: a systematic re-examination of published and unpublished data from randomized trialsCorrado Barbui
Department of Medicine and Public Health, Section of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Mental Health, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
CMAJ 178:296-305. 2008..We undertook a systematic review of published and unpublished clinical trial data to determine the effectiveness and acceptability of paroxetine.
- Antidepressant side effects in depression patients treated in a naturalistic setting: a study of bupropion, moclobemide, paroxetine, sertraline, and venlafaxineJ D Vanderkooy
Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 47:174-80. 2002..There is no commonly accepted standard for comparing antidepressant-induced side effects. This study evaluates a clinician-administered scale, the Toronto Side Effect Scale (TSES), in a natural practice clinic...
- Paroxetine in the first trimester and the prevalence of congenital malformationsJ Alexander Cole
i3 Drug Safety, Auburndale, MA, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:1075-85. 2007To refine a preliminary analysis identifying a possibly increased prevalence of malformations among infants born to women exposed to paroxetine in the first trimester.
- Effects of chronic antidepressant treatments on serotonin transporter function, density, and mRNA levelS Benmansour
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78284, USA
J Neurosci 19:10494-501. 1999..Rats were treated by osmotic minipump for 21 d with the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) paroxetine or sertraline, the selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor desipramine (DMI), or the monoamine oxidase ..
- Regional brain metabolic changes in patients with major depression treated with either paroxetine or interpersonal therapy: preliminary findingsA L Brody
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California Los Angeles, CA, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 58:631-40. 2001..We also performed a preliminary comparison of regional changes with 2 distinct forms of treatment (paroxetine and interpersonal psychotherapy).
- The selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor paroxetine decreases breakpoint of rats engaging in a progressive ratio licking task for sucrose and quinine solutionsClare M Mathes
Department of Psychology, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306 4301, USA
Chem Senses 38:211-20. 2013..Here, we examined the effect of paroxetine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, on appetitive responding for a preferred and an avoided taste ..
- Persistent neuroendocrine and behavioral effects of a novel, etiologically relevant mouse paradigm for chronic social stress during adolescenceM V Schmidt
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, RG Molecular Stress Physiology, Kraepelinstr 2 10, 80804 Munich, Germany
Psychoneuroendocrinology 32:417-29. 2007..In addition, pharmacological treatments with the antidepressant paroxetine (SSRI) or with the corticotropin-releasing hormone receptor 1 antagonist DMP696 were able to prevent aversive ..
- Serotonin transporter gene promoter polymorphisms modify the association between paroxetine serotonin transporter occupancy and clinical response in major depressive disorderHenricus G Ruhe
Department of Psychiatry, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pharmacogenet Genomics 19:67-76. 2009..In major depressive disorder, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors target the serotonin transporter (SERT). Their response rates (30-50%) are modified by SERT promotor polymorphisms (5-HTTLPR)...
- Serotonin transporter mRNA expression in peripheral leukocytes of patients with major depression before and after treatment with paroxetineJun Ichi Iga
Department of Psychiatry, Course of Integrated Brain Sciences, The University of Tokushima School of Medicine, 3 18 15 Kuramoto cho, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan
Neurosci Lett 389:12-6. 2005..5HTT mRNA levels were decreased significantly after 8 weeks of paroxetine medication compared with those at baseline...
- Paroxetine: a reviewM Bourin
Neurobiology of Anxiety and Depression, Faculty of Medicine, BP 53508, F 44035 Nantes Cedex 1, France
CNS Drug Rev 7:25-47. 2001b>Paroxetine is a potent and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) with currently approved indications for the treatment of depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder and social phobia...
- Severe adverse effects in a newborn with two defective CYP2D6 alleles after exposure to paroxetine during late pregnancyKari Laine
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Ther Drug Monit 26:685-7. 2004b>Paroxetine, like other SSRIs, is reported not to increase the number of malformations in infants exposed to these drugs in utero...
- Inhibition of metoprolol metabolism and potentiation of its effects by paroxetine in routinely treated patients with acute myocardial infarction (AMI)Ksenia Goryachkina
Course of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Hospital Therapy, St Petersburg I I Mechnikov State Medical Academy, Piskarevsky Prospect, 47, 195 067 St Petersburg, Russia
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 64:275-82. 2008To investigate the influence of paroxetine on metoprolol concentrations and its effect in patients treated for acute myocardial infarction (AMI) who are routinely given paroxetine as a co-treatment of depression.
- Differential effects of amitriptyline, nefazodone and paroxetine on performance and brain indices of visual selective attention and working memoryM W van Laar
Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, Utrecht University, P O BOX 80082, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 162:351-63. 2002..OBJECTIVES. To compare the effects of three pharmacologically different antidepressants on performance and ERPs in tasks of selective attention and working memory...
- Paroxetine: population pharmacokinetic analysis in late-life depression using sparse concentration samplingYan Feng
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA, and Rotman Research Institute, Baycrest Hospital, University of Toronto, Canada
Br J Clin Pharmacol 61:558-69. 2006To develop a population pharmacokinetic (PK) model using sparse sampling of long-term treatment with paroxetine in elderly depressed subjects, incorporating CYP2D6 genotype as well as other covariates.
- Repeated paroxetine treatment reverses anhedonia induced in rats by chronic mild stress or dexamethasoneP C Casarotto
Laboratorio de Fisiologia e Farmacologia do Sistema Nervoso Central, Departamento de Farmacologia, Setor de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal do Parana, Centro Politécnico C P 19031, 81540 990 Curitiba PR Brazil
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 17:735-42. 2007..Daily paroxetine treatment (10 g/kg, i.p...
- Alteration of decreased plasma NO metabolites and platelet NO synthase activity by paroxetine in depressed patientsWendy Chrapko
Department of Psychiatry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Neuropsychopharmacology 31:1286-93. 2006..mechanism involving nitric oxide (NO) and to examine the effect of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor paroxetine on NO production by both platelets and the endothelium...
- Discontinuation syndrome associated with paroxetine in depressed patients: a retrospective analysis of factors involved in the occurrence of the syndromeAkio Himei
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Osaka Medical College, Osaka, JapanOsaka Institute of Psychiatry, Osaka, Japan
CNS Drugs 20:665-72. 2006To examine the factors that contribute to the occurrence of the discontinuation syndrome in patients who have received paroxetine to treat depression.
- The effects of paroxetine and tianeptine on peripheral biochemical markers in major depressionDorotea Muck-Seler
Ruder Boskovic Institute, Division of Molecular Medicine, PO Box 180, HR 10002 Zagreb, Croatia
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 26:1235-43. 2002..prolactin (PRL), were investigated in patients with major depression before and after 4 weeks of treatment with paroxetine (an inhibitor of 5-HT uptake) or tianeptine (a stimulator of 5-HT uptake)...
- Serotonin transporter occupancy induced by paroxetine in patients with major depression disorder: a 123I-ADAM SPECT studyAna M Catafau
Experimental Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology Discovery Medicine, Psychiatry Centre of Excellence for Drug Discovery, GlaxoSmithKline, 08005, Barcelona, Spain
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 189:145-53. 2006To assess the paroxetine-induced serotonin transporter (SERT) occupancy (SERTocc) using in vivo (123)I-ADAM SPECT.
- First-trimester use of paroxetine and congenital heart defects: a population-based case-control studyMarian K Bakker
EUROCAT Northern Netherlands, Department of Genetics, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 88:94-100. 2010There is a need for case-control studies of the effect of paroxetine on the occurrence of specific heart defects.
- Long-term outcome of bipolar depressed patients receiving lamotrigine as add-on to lithium with the possibility of the addition of paroxetine in nonresponders: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial with a novel designMarc L M van der Loos
Department of Psychiatry, Isala Klinieken Location Sophia, Zwolle, The Netherlands
Bipolar Disord 13:111-7. 2011..we described the efficacy of lamotrigine versus placebo as add-on to lithium (followed by the addition of paroxetine in nonresponders) in the short-term treatment of bipolar depression...
- Corticotropin-releasing factor, interleukin-6, brain-derived neurotrophic factor, insulin-like growth factor-1, and substance P in the cerebrospinal fluid of civilians with posttraumatic stress disorder before and after treatment with paroxetineOmer Bonne
Department of Psychiatry, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, POB 12000, Jerusalem, Israel 91120
J Clin Psychiatry 72:1124-8. 2011..Furthermore, no study to date has evaluated the effects of successful antidepressant treatment on cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) abnormalities in PTSD...
- Paroxetine rapidly modulates the expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor mRNA and protein in a human glioblastoma-astrocytoma cell lineFrancesco Angelucci
IRCCS Santa Lucia Foundation, Rome, Italy
Pharmacology 87:5-10. 2011..Thus, in this study we used the human glioblastoma-astrocytoma cell line U87 exposed to the antidepressant drug paroxetine, and evaluated BDNF mRNA and protein expression...
- Differences in FKBP51 regulation following chronic social defeat stress correlate with individual stress sensitivity: influence of paroxetine treatmentKlaus V Wagner
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Munich, Germany
Neuropsychopharmacology 37:2797-808. 2012..stress model both directly after stress and after a recovery period of 3 weeks and also studied the efficacy of paroxetine in this model...
- Influence of paroxetine, branched-chain amino acids and tyrosine on neuroendocrine system responses and fatigue in humansH K Struder
Institute of Sports Games, German Sport University, Koln
Horm Metab Res 30:188-94. 1998..10 male subjects cycled in four trials until exhaustion. Participants ingested a placebo in trial (T) I, 20 mg paroxetine in T II, 21 g branched-chain amino acids (BCAA) in T III and 20g tyrosine (TYR) in T IV...
- Inverse correlation between clinical response to paroxetine and plasma drug concentration in patients with major depressive disordersNorio Yasui-Furukori
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Hirosaki University Graduate School of Medicine, Hirosaki, Japan
Hum Psychopharmacol 26:602-8. 2011There are few data concerning a clear relationship between the clinical effect of paroxetine and plasma drug concentrations, although therapeutic ranges have been established for some tricyclic antidepressants.
- Effects of paroxetine on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of immediate-release and extended-release metoprololRobert B Parker
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
Pharmacotherapy 31:630-41. 2011To compare the effects of paroxetine on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the immediate-release (IR) and extended-release (ER) formulations of metoprolol.
- A controlled trial of antidepressants in patients with Parkinson disease and depressionM Menza
Department of Psychiatry, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, UMDNJ University Behavioral Health Care, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Neurology 72:886-92. 2009..Depression affects up to 50% of these patients and is associated with a variety of poor outcomes for patients and their families. Despite this, there are few evidence-based data to guide clinical care...
- Effects of antidepressants on plasma metabolites of nitric oxide in major depressive disorder: comparison between milnacipran and paroxetineAtsuko Ikenouchi-Sugita
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, 1 1 Iseigaoka, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyushu 8078555, Japan
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 33:1451-3. 2009..01). Treatment with milnacipran, but not paroxetine, significantly increased the plasma NOx levels by 4 and 8 weeks...
- Paroxetine is a direct inhibitor of g protein-coupled receptor kinase 2 and increases myocardial contractilityDavid M Thal
Life Sciences Institute and the Department of Pharmacology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, United States
ACS Chem Biol 7:1830-9. 2012..Herein we identify the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) paroxetine as a selective inhibitor of GRK2 activity both in vitro and in living cells...
- Differential effects of diazepam, tandospirone, and paroxetine on plasma brain-derived neurotrophic factor level under mental stressAi Tamaji
Department of Psychiatry, Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya University, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Hum Psychopharmacol 27:329-33. 2012..We investigated the influence of psychotropic drugs on plasma BDNF levels under mental stress using a driving simulator (DS) task...
- Efficacy of paroxetine in treating major depressive disorder in persons with multiple sclerosisDawn M Ehde
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 30:40-8. 2008The objective of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of paroxetine in treating major depressive disorder (MDD) in persons with multiple sclerosis (MS).
- Comparison of the anticholinergic effects of the serotonergic antidepressants, paroxetine, fluvoxamine and clomipramineJun Fujishiro
Pharmaceutical Research Center, Meiji Seika Kaisha Ltd, 760 Morooka cho, Kohoku, Yokohama 222 8567, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 454:183-8. 2002b>Paroxetine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, shows relatively high affinity for muscarinic acetylcholine receptors compared to other selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors...
- Block of persistent late Na+ currents by antidepressant sertraline and paroxetineGing Kuo Wang
Department of Anesthesia, Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Membr Biol 222:79-90. 2008..In this report, we examined the effects of contemporary antidepressants sertraline and paroxetine on (1) neuronal Na+ channels expressed in GH3 cells and (2) muscle rNav1...
- Paroxetine-induced modulation of cortical activity supporting language representations of actionPatrice Peran
INSERM U825, CHU Purpan, Toulouse 31059, France
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 195:487-96. 2008Previous studies have shown that paroxetine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, affects brain motor pathway activity in healthy subjects using simple motor tasks...
- Neural correlates of antidepressant-related sexual dysfunction: a placebo-controlled fMRI study on healthy males under subchronic paroxetine and bupropionBirgit Abler
Department of Psychiatry, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Neuropsychopharmacology 36:1837-47. 2011Sexual dysfunction is a common side effect of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) like paroxetine in the treatment of depression, imposing a considerable risk on medication adherence and hence therapeutic success...
- Randomized, placebo-controlled trial of paroxetine versus imipramine in depressed HIV-positive outpatientsA J Elliott
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle 98104, USA
Am J Psychiatry 155:367-72. 1998This study examined whether a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (paroxetine) had comparable efficacy but greater tolerability than a tricyclic antidepressant (imipramine) in depressed patients with HIV infection.
- A pilot study of the efficacy and safety of paroxetine augmented with risperidone, valproate, buspirone, trazodone, or thyroid hormone in adult Chinese patients with treatment-resistant major depressionYiru Fang
Division of Mood Disorders, Shanghai Mental Health Center, Department of Psychiatry, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
J Clin Psychopharmacol 31:638-42. 2011To compare the efficacy and safety of augmenting paroxetine with risperidone, buspirone, valproate, trazodone, or thyroid hormone in patients with treatment-resistant depression (TRD), 225 patients with retrospectively and/or ..
- A double-blind, multicenter, parallel-group study of paroxetine, desipramine, or placebo in breast cancer patients (stages I, II, III, and IV) with major depressionDominique L Musselman
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:288-96. 2006This study compared the efficacy and safety of paroxetine and desipramine with those of placebo in the treatment of depressive disorders in adult women with breast cancer, stages I-IV.
- Sulpiride and paroxetine in the treatment of chronic tension-type headache. An explanatory double-blind trialM Langemark
Department of Neurology, Gentofte Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Hellerup, Denmark
Headache 34:20-4. 1994..A serotonin re-uptake inhibitor, paroxetine (20-30 mg daily), and a dopamine antagonist, sulpiride (200-400 mg daily) were compared in a randomized, double-..
- Treatment of depression in patients with breast cancer: a comparison between paroxetine and amitriptylineG Pezzella
Azienda Ospedaliera Santissinia Annunziata, Unita Operativa di Oncologia Medica, Taranto, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 70:1-10. 2001..parallel-group study in which 179 women with breast cancer were randomized to treatment with either the SSRI paroxetine (20-40 mg/day), or the TCA, amitriptyline (75-150 mg/day)...
- Comparison of paroxetine and amitriptyline as adjunct to lithium maintenance therapy in bipolar depression: a reanalysis of a randomized, double-blind studyMaximilian Pilhatsch
Dept of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Technische Universitat, Dresden, Germany
J Affect Disord 126:453-7. 2010To compare the efficacy and safety of adjunctive treatment with paroxetine or amitriptyline in patients with bipolar disorder who relapsed into a depressive episode during lithium maintenance therapy.
- Controlled-release paroxetine in the treatment of patients with social anxiety disorderUlla Lepola
Department of Psychiatry, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Clin Psychiatry 65:222-9. 2004This double-blind, placebo-controlled, flexible-dose study was conducted to investigate the efficacy and tolerability of the controlled-release (CR) formulation of paroxetine in adults with social anxiety disorder.
- Effects of intrathecal administration of newer antidepressants on mechanical allodynia in rat models of neuropathic painTetsuya Ikeda
Division of Neurobiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, Kiyotake, Miyazaki 889 1692, Japan
Neurosci Res 63:42-6. 2009..more fully clarified were selected, milnacipran, a serotonin and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor (SNRI) and paroxetine and fluvoxamine, which are selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)...
- The impact of treatment of depression on quality of life, disability and relapse in patients with Parkinson's diseaseMatthew Menza
Department of Psychiatry, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Mov Disord 24:1325-32. 2009..This was an NIH-funded, randomized, controlled trial of paroxetine, nortriptyline, and placebo. It included an 8 week acute phase and a 16 week blind extension phase...
- Adverse effect of paroxetine on spermCigdem Tanrikut
James Buchanan Brady Foundation, Department of Urology, Cornell Reproductive Medicine Institute, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Fertil Steril 94:1021-6. 2010..To assess the effects of a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor on semen parameters...
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of antidepressants in Parkinson diseaseI H Richard
University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
Neurology 78:1229-36. 2012..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) and a serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI) in the treatment of depression in Parkinson disease (PD)...
- Evaluation of the role of P-glycoprotein in the uptake of paroxetine, clozapine, phenytoin and carbamazapine by bovine retinal endothelial cellsLynn W Maines
Department of Pharmacology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Neuropharmacology 49:610-7. 2005..In contrast, neither verapamil nor PGP-4008 affected the intracellular accumulation of [3H]paroxetine, [14C]phenytoin, [3H]clozapine or [14C]carbamazapine, indicating that these drugs are not substrates for Pgp...
- Interaction study of the combined use of paroxetine and fosamprenavir-ritonavir in healthy subjectsManon J van der Lee
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Radboud University Medical Centre Nijmegen, Geert Grooteplein 10, 6525 GA Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:4098-104. 2007..Theoretically, ritonavir-boosted protease inhibitors may inhibit CYP2D6-mediated metabolism of paroxetine. We wanted to determine the effect of fosamprenavir-ritonavir on paroxetine pharmacokinetics and vice versa and ..
- Modulation of the suppressive effect of corticosterone on adult rat hippocampal cell proliferation by paroxetineGuang Qiu
Department of Anatomy, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, HKSAR, China
Neurosci Bull 23:131-6. 2007..b>Paroxetine, a selective serotonin reuptake transporter, is a commonly used antidepressant for alleviation of signs and ..
- Paroxetine treatment improves motor symptoms in patients with multiple system atrophyElisabeth Friess
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstr 10, 80804 Munich, Germany
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 12:432-7. 2006..of the putative role of serotonergic neurotransmission in basal ganglia circuitry we investigated the effects of paroxetine (PXT) as a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) on the motor performance in n=19 patients clinically ..
- Contribution of cytochrome P450 2D6 to 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine disposition in humans: use of paroxetine as a metabolic inhibitor probeMireia Segura
Pharmacology Research Unit, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Pharmacokinet 44:649-60. 2005..This study was aimed at assessing the contribution of CYP2D6 to MDMA disposition in vivo using paroxetine as a metabolic probe inhibitor...
- Paroxetine for prevention of depressive symptoms induced by interferon-alpha and ribavirin for hepatitis CC L Raison
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 25:1163-74. 2007..Whether antidepressants prevent depression during interferon-alpha/ribavirin treatment for hepatitis C virus infection has yet to be established...
- Differential antidepressant symptom efficacy: placebo-controlled comparisons of duloxetine and SSRIs (fluoxetine, paroxetine, escitalopram)Craig H Mallinckrodt
Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, Ind 46285, USA
Neuropsychobiology 56:73-85. 2007....
- Paroxetine treatment of pathological gambling: a multi-centre randomized controlled trialJon E Grant
Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55454 1495, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 18:243-9. 2003..The aim of the present study was to determine whether treatment with paroxetine in a large sample of subjects with pathological gambling would effectively diminish the severity of gambling ..
- A randomized, placebo-controlled trial of paroxetine in nursing home residents with non-major depressionAdam B Burrows
Geriatrics Section, Boston University School of Medicine, 74 Fenwood Road, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Depress Anxiety 15:102-10. 2002..We conducted a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled 8-week trial comparing paroxetine and placebo in very old nursing home residents with non-major depression...
- A double blind comparison of venlafaxine and paroxetine in obsessive-compulsive disorderDamiaan Denys
Department of Psychiatry, University Medical Center B 01 206, PO Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Clin Psychopharmacol 23:568-75. 2003..The current study compares the efficacy and tolerability of venlafaxine with paroxetine. One hundred and fifty patients with primary OCD according to DSM-IV criteria were randomly assigned in a 12-..
- Did intense adverse media publicity impact on prescribing of paroxetine and the notification of suspected adverse drug reactions? Analysis of routine databases, 2001-2004Richard M Martin
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 61:224-8. 2006To document the impact on clinical practice in England of media attention around possible adverse effects of paroxetine.
- Effect of paroxetine on enhanced contextual fear induced by single prolonged stress in ratsTerumichi Takahashi
Department of Psychiatry and Neurosciences, Division of Frontier Medical Science, Hiroshima University, Minami Ku, Hiroshima, 734 8551, Japan
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 189:165-73. 2006..Single prolonged stress (SPS) is an animal model of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) that can reproduce enhanced hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal negative feedback...
- Corticosteroid decreases subventricular zone cell proliferation, which could be reversed by paroxetineWui Man Lau
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Restor Neurol Neurosci 25:17-23. 2007..In the present study, we investigated whether corticosterone and the SSRI paroxetine, have effects on SVZ cell proliferation.
- Paroxetine prevents loss of nigrostriatal dopaminergic neurons by inhibiting brain inflammation and oxidative stress in an experimental model of Parkinson's diseaseYoung C Chung
Neuroscience Graduate Program, School of Medicine, Ajou University, Suwon, South Korea
J Immunol 185:1230-7. 2010The present study examined whether the antidepressant paroxetine promotes the survival of nigrostriatal dopaminergic (DA) neurons in the 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine (MPTP) mouse model of Parkinson's disease...
- Differential effects of paroxetine on fatigue and depression: a randomized, double-blind trial from the University of Rochester Cancer Center Community Clinical Oncology ProgramGary R Morrow
James P Wilmot Cancer Center and Department of Biostatistics, University of Rochester Medical Center, NY 14642, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:4635-41. 2003..This randomized clinical trial tested whether paroxetine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor antidepressant known to modulate brain serotonin, would reduce fatigue ..
- Efficacy and safety of paroxetine treatment for chronic PTSD: a fixed-dose, placebo-controlled studyR D Marshall
Anxiety Disorders Clinic, Unit 69, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Psychiatry 158:1982-8. 2001This study evaluated the efficacy and safety of paroxetine for the treatment of patients with chronic posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Paroxetine-induced hyponatremia in older adults: a 12-week prospective studyTanya J Fabian
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:327-32. 2004..are at high risk for development of hyponatremia after initiation of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor paroxetine, despite clinical monitoring and preventive management...
- Better sexual acceptability of agomelatine (25 and 50 mg) compared with paroxetine (20 mg) in healthy male volunteers. An 8-week, placebo-controlled study using the PRSEXDQ-SALSEX scaleA L Montejo
Servicio de Psiquiatria, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
J Psychopharmacol 24:111-20. 2010..Sexual acceptability of agomelatine (a melatonergic agonist and 5HT(2C) antagonist) paroxetine and placebo by using the Psychotropic-Related Sexual Dysfunction Salamanca Sex Questionnaire (PRSEXDQ-SALSEX) ..
- The use of paroxetine and cognitive-behavioral therapy in postpartum depression and anxiety: a randomized controlled trialShaila Misri
Department of, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia and Reproductive Mental Health Programs, St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Clin Psychiatry 65:1236-41. 2004....
- Controlled clinical comparison of paroxetine and fluvoxamine considering the serotonin transporter promoter polymorphismMasaki Kato
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi, Osaka, Japan
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 20:151-6. 2005..Clinical responses to paroxetine and fluvoxamine were evaluated by total and cluster depressive symptoms for 81 Japanese patients who were ..
- Persistence of cognitive impairment in geriatric patients following antidepressant treatment: a randomized, double-blind clinical trial with nortriptyline and paroxetineRobert D Nebes
Intervention Research Center for the Study of Late Life Mood Disorders, Department of Psychiatry, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Psychiatr Res 37:99-108. 2003..The present study examined the effects that treatment (randomized double-blind design) with either an SSRI (paroxetine) or a tricyclic antidepressant (nortriptyline) had on cognition in older depressed patients...
- Paroxetine and congenital malformations: meta-Analysis and consideration of potential confounding factorsBenjamin Bar-Oz
Motherisk Program, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Ther 29:918-26. 2007Antidepressants have been commonly used by women of childbearing age. Recent studies suggest that paroxetine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), might specifically increase teratogenic risk.
- A randomized, controlled trial of aerobic exercise in combination with paroxetine in the treatment of panic disorderDirk Wedekind
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
World J Biol Psychiatry 11:904-13. 2010..Regular aerobic exercise (running) has been shown to be superior to a pill placebo in the treatment of panic disorder. Combined drug and exercise treatment has not been investigated in randomized controlled studies to date...
- The catechol-O-methyltransferase Val(108/158)Met polymorphism affects antidepressant response to paroxetine in a naturalistic settingFrancesco Benedetti
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Scientific Institute and University Vita Salute San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 203:155-60. 2009..The COMT enzyme inactivates catecholamines, and the COMT Val(108/158)Met polymorphism (rs4680) influences the enzyme activity. Clinical studies on the effect of rs4680 on antidepressant response gave contrasting results...
- Profiling of behavioral changes and hippocampal gene expression in mice chronically treated with the SSRI paroxetineInge Sillaber
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, 80804 Munich, Germany
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 200:557-72. 2008..Monoamine-based antidepressants inhibit neurotransmitter reuptake within short time. However, it commonly takes several weeks until clinical symptoms start to resolve--indicating the involvement of effects distant from reuptake inhibition...
- Evaluation of the risk of congenital cardiovascular defects associated with use of paroxetine during pregnancyAdrienne Einarson
Motherisk Program, Hospital for Sick Children, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Toronto, 555 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
Am J Psychiatry 165:749-52. 2008..several studies noted an increased risk of cardiovascular birth defects associated with maternal use of paroxetine compared with other antidepressants in the same class...
- Differential behavioural and neurochemical outcomes from chronic paroxetine treatment in adolescent and adult rats: a model of adverse antidepressant effects in human adolescents?Emily Karanges
School of Psychology, University of Sydney, Australia
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 14:491-504. 2011..Consequently, we examined the behavioural and neurochemical effects of chronic paroxetine (PRX) treatment in adult and adolescent rats...
- Comparison of paroxetine and nortriptyline in depressed patients with ischemic heart diseaseS P Roose
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
JAMA 279:287-91. 1998..Patients with heart disease need a safe and effective treatment for depression...
- Changes in regional brain glucose metabolism measured with positron emission tomography after paroxetine treatment of major depressionS H Kennedy
Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Clarke Site, 250 College St, Toronto, Ontario M5T 1R8, Canada
Am J Psychiatry 158:899-905. 2001..The aim of the present study was to assess the effects of successful paroxetine treatment on regional glucose metabolism in patients with major depression.
- Antidepressants inhibit P2X4 receptor function: a possible involvement in neuropathic pain reliefKenichiro Nagata
Department of Molecular and System Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Mol Pain 5:20. 2009..We investigated a possible role of antidepressants as inhibitors of P2X4 receptors and analysed their analgesic mechanism using an animal model of neuropathic pain...
- Proteomic analysis of rat hippocampus exposed to the antidepressant paroxetineP C McHugh
Department of Pathology, University of Otago, Christchurch, New Zealand
J Psychopharmacol 24:1243-51. 2010..Rats were administered either 5 mg/kg daily of the antidepressant paroxetine or vehicle for 12 days, then hippocampal protein was recovered and resolved by 2-D gel electrophoresis...
- Evaluation of Krebs cycle enzymes in the brain of rats after chronic administration of antidepressantsGiselli Scaini
Laboratório de Fisiopatologia Experimental, Programa de Pos Graduacao em Ciencias da Saude, Universidade do Extremo Sul Catarinense, Criciuma, SC, Brazil
Brain Res Bull 82:224-7. 2010..citrate synthase and succinate dehydrogenase activities from rat brain after chronic administration of paroxetine, nortriptiline and venlafaxine...
- RNA therapeutics directed to the non coding regions of APP mRNA, in vivo anti-amyloid efficacy of paroxetine, erythromycin, and N-acetyl cysteineStephanie Tucker
Neurochemistry Laboratory, Division of Psychiatric Neurosciences and Genetics and Aging Research Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Curr Alzheimer Res 3:221-7. 2006Lead compounds directed to the 5' leader of the Amyloid Precursor Protein transcript (i.e., paroxetine (SSRI), N-acetyl cysteine (antioxidant), and erythromycin (macrolide antibiotic)) were employed in a pilot study to evaluate their anti-..
- 5-HT1A RECEPTOR/G PROTEIN COUPLING AND ADAPTATIONEmanuel Meller; Fiscal Year: 2003..in forebrain regions will be assessed to test the hypothesis that repeated treatment (21 days) with ipsapirone, paroxetine or clorgyline (but not imipramine) will desensitize somatodendritic 5-HT1A autoreceptors and reduce agonist-..
- Serotonin Receptor Modulation of Neurotrophic Factors in the RetinaMark E Pennesi; Fiscal Year: 2013..SSRIs, such as fluoxetine or paroxetine, have been widely and safely used to treat a number of psychiatric diseases such as depression and anxiety...
- The Effect of Genetic Diversity on Mechanism-Based Inactivation of CYP2D6Laura L Furge; Fiscal Year: 2013..normal and inactivator substrates including two protein adductors (SCH66712 and EMTPP) and two heme modifiers (paroxetine and MDMA). Aim 2: To determine the interaction of the most common polymorphisms of CYP2D6 with inactivators...
- Pharmacogenetics of the Antidepressant Response in Geriatric Major DepressionGreer M Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2010..intact patients 65 years of age and older with major depression who were treated with either mirtazapine or paroxetine for 24 weeks...
- Modeling Neural Injury Effects of Methamphetamine Metabolism by CYP2D6 in HIVMariana Cherner; Fiscal Year: 2013..3) examine how these results are affected by exposure of the cultures to clinically relevant CYP2D6 inhibitors (paroxetine and ritonavir)...
- PSYCHOSTIMULANT RECOGNITION BY SEROTONIN TRANSPORTERSEric L Barker; Fiscal Year: 2010..most antidepressant drugs as well as many drugs of abuse. Antidepressants such as paroxetine, fluoxetine, and imipramine bind to the transporter and inhibit serotonin uptake, thereby prolonging the ..
- SSRI-neuroprotection for HIV/drug abuseNorman J Haughey; Fiscal Year: 2012..that two compounds within the class of the selective serotinergic release inhibitors (SSRI), fluoxetine and paroxetine, have potent neuroprotective effects against the combined effects of drugs of abuse and HIV proteins...
- MSI-FLASH: Relative Efficacy of Hormonal and Non-Hormonal Interventions for VMSHadine Joffe; Fiscal Year: 2012..test the relative efficacy of low-dose estrogen therapy and the selective serotonin-reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) paroxetine for the treatment of hot flashes...
- Serotonin in Stress Indued Bladder HypersensitivityMeredith T Robbins; Fiscal Year: 2013..will expand upon preliminary studies and will assess the effect of systemic administration of an SSRI, paroxetine, and an SNRI, milnacipram, on stress-induced bladder hypersensitivity, measured by urinary bladder distension-..
- Phased Treatment for Social Anxiety and Hazardous DrinkingSarah W Book; Fiscal Year: 2011..All subjects in the trial will receive 22 weeks of flexible dosing with paroxetine, an FDA-approved medication for the treatment of social anxiety shown to be effective in our previous trial...
- DRUG TREATMENT OF COEXISTING PANIC AND MAJOR DEPRESSIONROBERT LYDIARD; Fiscal Year: 1999..comorbid disorder, and to assess the clinical comparative efficacy of a selective serotonin uptake inhibitor, paroxetine, 224 patients identified by use of the Structured Clinical Interview for DSMIII-R (SCID) as having both panic ..
- COCAINE & SEROTONIN NEUROCHEMISTRYDONALD KUHN; Fiscal Year: 1993..In one aim, binding of 3H-paroxetine will be used to determine if cocaine alters either the affinity of the 5HT transporter for 5HT or the number of ..
- Ginkgo Biloba: Antidepressant-Induced Sexual DysfunctionCindy Meston; Fiscal Year: 2003..female sexual arousal disorder, and/or inhibited female orgasm secondary to either to fluoxetine, sertraline, or paroxetine use...
- R21 Project: St. John's Wort vs. Placebo in OCDKenneth Kobak; Fiscal Year: 2003..g., drop-out rates in the multi-center trials of fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, sertraline, and paroxetine were 23%, 24%, 27%, and 20% respectively. There has been considerable worldwide interest in St...
- Paradoxical Antidepressant Action in Locus Coeruleus during DevelopmentJAY WEISS; Fiscal Year: 2009..to juveniles (children and adolescents), (2) use of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), especially paroxetine, and (3) effects during the early course of AD treatment...
- COGNITIVE THERAPY AND PHARMACOTHERAPY FOR DEPRESSIONROBERT DERUBEIS; Fiscal Year: 2000..The PT condition entails the use of paroxetine, augmented by lithium carbonate after eight weeks for those patients who do not respond to desipramine by that ..
- COGNITIVE THERAPY AND PHARMACOTHERAPY FOR DEPRESSIONSTEVEN HOLLON; Fiscal Year: 2000..The PT condition entails the use of paroxetine, augmented by lithium carbonate after eight weeks for those patients who do not respond to desipramine by that ..
- TREATMENT OF PANIC DISORDER--LONG TERM STRATEGIESDavid Barlow; Fiscal Year: 2003..Non-responders will be randomized to a study comparing paroxetine with continued CBT...
- MECHANISM OF DEPRESSIVE BEHAVIOR IN WISTAR-KYOTO RATSShanaz Tejani Butt; Fiscal Year: 2001..Treatment with desipramine (a NE uptake blocker), but not paroxetine (a 5-HT uptake blocker), decreased immobility time in the Porsolt forced swim test, and reduced ulcer incidence, ..
- METHOD FOR MAKING AN IMPROVED ST JOHN'S WORT PRODUCTTREVOR CASTOR; Fiscal Year: 2001..8 billion antidepressant marketplace. ..
- SPOUSAL ABUSE--SEROTONERGIC STUDIES AND TREATMENTEMIL COCCARO; Fiscal Year: 1999..will include d- Fenfluramine Challenge (CSF 5-HIAA in a subgroup) and Platelet measures of 5-HT Uptake (3H-Paroxetine Binding) and 5-HT-2 receptors (125I-LSD Binding) to simultaneously assess multiple aspects of 3-HT system ..
- RATIONAL PHARMACOTHERAPY OF PRIMARY INSOMNIADaniel Buysse; Fiscal Year: 2004..activities will focus on design and implementation of a treatment trial comparing a Bz (zolpidem) and an AD (paroxetine) versus placebo for the acute and maintenance treatment of PI...
- AFFECT, DEPRESSION AND BRAIN ASYMMETRYRichard Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2001..First during an acute episode when all patients are off medication. Second, patients will then be treated with paroxetine and will be retested after meeting criteria for recovery...
- SEROTONIN RECEPTOR LIGANDS FOR SPECT IMAGINGHANK KUNG; Fiscal Year: 2001..prescribed antidepressants, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), such as fluoxetine, sertraline and paroxetine, modulate 5-HT neurotransmission by blocking the serotonin transporters (SERT)...
- TREATMENT OF PANIC DISORDER LONG TERM STRATEGIESM Shear; Fiscal Year: 2003..Non-responders will be randomized to a study comparing paroxetine with continued CBT...
- SEROTONIN RECEPTOR LIGANDS FOR SPECT IMAGINGHANK KUNG; Fiscal Year: 2004..prescribed antidepressants, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), such as fluoxetine, sertraline and paroxetine, modulate 5-HT neurotransmission by blocking the serotonin transporters (SERT)...
- IRREVERSIBLE ANTAGONIST FOR STIMULANT DRUGS OF ABUSEMARGARET SCHWERI; Fiscal Year: 1990..uptake complexes will be assessed by determining its ability to irreversibly inhibit [3H]desipramine and [3H]paroxetine binding, respectively...
- St. John's Wort vs Placebo in Social PhobiaKenneth Kobak; Fiscal Year: 2002..However, side effects with these compounds suggests the need for better tolerated compounds, e.g., in the paroxetine multi-center trial (the only drug with an FDA approved indication), 27 percent reported somnolence, 26 percent ..
- Depression, Epinephrine, Serotonin, & Platelet FunctionDominique Musselman; Fiscal Year: 2005..treatment reduces numbers of high-affinity GPIIb/IIIa receptors, using randomized, double-blind, treatment with paroxetine (a selective 5HT reuptake inhibitor) in comparison to desipramine (a noradrenergic tricyclic)...
- ANTIDEPRESSANTS IN BREASTFEEDING WOMENVictoria Hendrick; Fiscal Year: 2001..mothers on selective-serotonin-reuptake-inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressant medications (sertraline, fluoxetine, and paroxetine)...
- Crystallization of neurotransmitter transporter homologsDa Neng Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..g. fluoxetine (Prozac), imipramine and paroxetine) or psychostimulants (e.g...
- PHARMACOTHERAPY OF HIGH-RISK BIPOLAR DISORDERMaria Oquendo; Fiscal Year: 2004..Depressed patients will be stabilized using paroxetine (or two other alternative antidepressants) and patients with psychosis or in a mixed state will receive ..
- SUBSTANCE DEPENDENT TEENS--IMPACT OF TREATING DEPRESSIONPaula Riggs; Fiscal Year: 2004..Only serotonergic agents, fluoxetine (FLX) and paroxetine, with most support for FLX, have empirical support in the treatment of depression in adolescents without serious ..
- SEROTONIN TRANSPORTER AND DRUGS OF ABUSEWilliam Wolf; Fiscal Year: 1993..This conclusion is supported by observations that "classical" 5-HT uptake inhibitors (e.g. fluoxetine, paroxetine), which selectively bind to and inhibit 5-HT transporter activity, can antagonize the reinforcing effects of ..
- PSYCHOSTIMULANT RECOGNITION BY SEROTONIN TRANSPORTERSERIC BARKER; Fiscal Year: 2003..Antidepressants such as paroxetine, fluoxetine, and imipramine bind to the transporter and inhibit serotonin uptake, thereby prolonging the ..
- GEROPSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY--ENHANCING BENEFIT, REDUCING RISKBruce Pollock; Fiscal Year: 2001..Study Two (MH52247) is an ongoing, comparative study of the cognitive and antidepressant effects of paroxetine and nortriptyline in 120 patients aged 60 years and older suffering from major depression...
- SSRI TREATMENT OF PRENATAL COCAINE-INDUCED 5HT DEFICITSGeorge Battaglia; Fiscal Year: 2003..This renewal application will determine if clinically used SSRIs, such as paroxetine (Paxil), will be effective in reversing the serotonergic deficits in rats produced by prenatal cocaine exposure...
- Paroxetine/Bupropion in Suicide Attempters/Ideators with Major DepressionMichael F Grunebaum; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long-term goal of this award is for the candidate to become an expert and independent clinical researcher on the treatment of depression with a special focus on suicide prevention. ..
- DYSFUNCTION/TREATMENT OUTCOME IN COCAINE DEPENDENCEAshwin Patkar; Fiscal Year: 2001..5HT dysfunction as indicated by hormonal responses to meta-chlorophenylpiperazine (m-CPP) and platelet tritiated paroxetine binding and whether this group differs from other CD individuals in polymorphisms in genes for Serotonin ..
- PAROXETINE, PROLONGED EXPOSURE, AND BIOLOGY IN PTSDRandall Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2001..Five interrelated projects are proposed: 1) a double-blind, placebo-controlled, 12-week trial of paroxetine in PTSD; 2) development of a time-limited individual psychotherapy which integrates cognitive-behavioral and ..
- ANTISOCIAL PERSONALITY AND ALCOHOL INDUCED AGGRESSIONFREDERICK MOELLER; Fiscal Year: 1999..aggressive responding in subjects with ASP after chronic administration of the serotonin reuptake inhibitor paroxetine compared to placebo...
- MECHANISMS UNDERLYING ANTIDEPRESSANT ACTIONPedro Delgado; Fiscal Year: 2001..MDE) will have baseline assessment and will then be randomly assigned to 6 months of treatment with either paroxetine (N=40) or CT (N=40)...
- Treatment of Depression in Parkinson's DiseaseMatthew Menza; Fiscal Year: 2005..be done in the context of a placebo-controlled, double-blind, parallel group, flexible dose trial of an SSRI (Paroxetine), a tri-cyclic (Nortriptyline) and placebo in acute (8 weeks) and long-term treatment (6 months)...
- Clinical Implications of Depression-Based StigmaMartha Miranda; Fiscal Year: 2005..settings and (2) We Care, a randomized controlled trial of providing access to guideline care (either CBT or paroxetine) for disadvantaged, young minority women...
- DEPRESSION AS A RISK FACTOR FOR ISCHEMIC HEART DISEASEDominique Musselman; Fiscal Year: 2001..are altered in patients with major depression, and 3) if pharmacologic treatment of depressed patients with paroxetine (a potent and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) is associated with alteration of platelet responsiveness ..
- SEROTONIN RECEPTOR IMAGING DURING ANTIDEPRESSANT THERAPYMark Mintun; Fiscal Year: 1999..One group will be treated with paroxetine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor; a second group will be treated with DMI, a tricyclic with a ..
- MOOD DISORDER FOLLOWING TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURYRobert Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2000..Next, a treatment study which employs a double-blind placebo design will investigate the efficacy of paroxetine, a serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), to improve depression and promote recovery in 104 depressed TBI patients ..
- GERIATRIC DEPRESSION--TREATMENT RESPONSE VARIABILITYJohn Little; Fiscal Year: 2003..with fluorine-18 deoxyglucose positron emission tomography before and after 10 weeks of acute treatment with paroxetine. Reduction in the Hamilton Depression Scale score will be correlated with cerebral metabolism in neuroanatomical ..
- CBT Augmentation of Paroxetine for Social AnxietyRichard Heimberg; Fiscal Year: 2006DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Social anxiety disorder is a prevalent, chronic and disabling condition. Paroxetine has received FDA approval on the basis of its acute efficacy for this disorder, but much about longer-term management ..
- Serotonin and cocaine dependence:Treatment implicationsAshwin Patkar; Fiscal Year: 2005..2 X 2 experimental design by randomly assigning 80 CD patients to 12 weeks of double-blind treatment with either paroxetine, a selective serotonergic reuptake inhibitor, or placebo...
- IL-2 Neuropsychiatric Symptoms: Mechanisms, PreventionDominique L Musselman; Fiscal Year: 2010..will enter a randomized, double-blind treatment trial comparing 14 weeks of treatment with the antidepressant paroxetine, versus placebo...
- Smoking, Antidepressants and Response to Mental StressMichael Kotlyar; Fiscal Year: 2009..Kotlyar's mentor. The research will assess the effect of paroxetine on the physiological response (blood pressure, heart rate and plasma catecholamine concentrations) and ..
- Pharmacogenetic Prediction of Paroxetine ResponseCHRISTOPHER HEROLD; Fiscal Year: 2002..A more efficient method to prescribe effective anti-schizophrenic pharmaceuticals would expedite recovery, minimize side effects, and reduce medical costs. ..
- MAINTENANCE FLUOXETINE IN POSTTRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDERJonathan Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2001..Health services and cost implications of such findings remain considerable, given the morbidity associated with PTSD. ..
- FLUOXETINE AND BEHAVIOR THERAPY IN SOCIAL PHOBIAJonathan Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2001..Effective treatments can be a long way towards reducing the societal burden associated with the disorder. ..
- Emory Conte Center for the Neuroscience of Mental DisordersBecky Kinkead; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- KAVA KAVA IN GENERALIZED ANXIETY: A DOUBLE-BLIND TRIALJonathan Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2001..It will also contribute towards providing an answer to what is rapidly becoming a major public health question, namely what can we reasonably expect herbal treatments to offer? ..
- MR SPECTROSCOPIC IMAGING DURING METHADONE MAINTENANCEMark Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Impact of Trauma of Terroist Attack on Bipolar PatientsMark Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- IMPROVING CARE FOR PANIC DISORDER IN PRIMARY CAREMurray Stein; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Improving Outcomes in Pharmacotherapy of Social PhobiaMark Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2009..It thus directly addresses a critical public health issue that adversely affects a substantial proportion of the population. ..
- Pharmacological fMRI to Identify New Anxiolytics: A Human BioassayMurray Stein; Fiscal Year: 2008..Enhancing the development of new treatments for anxiety is a public health priority. The projects proposed in this application have the potential to achieve this important aim. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Preventing Psychiatric Sequelae of Traumatic InjuryMurray Stein; Fiscal Year: 2003..Findings will provide justification for and information about optimal parameters (e.g., subject selection; sample size; dose and duration) for a future randomized controlled trial (RCT). ..
- Improving Outcomes in Pharmacotherapy of Social PhobiaMurray Stein; Fiscal Year: 2009..It thus directly addresses a critical public health issue that adversely affects a substantial proportion of the population. ..
- D-Cycloserine Enhancement of Exposure in Social PhobiaMark H Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study addresses an important public health issue by assessing an intervention that may lead to a more efficient and effective application of empirically based psychosocial interventions for the treatment of SAD. ..