Genomes and Genes
Summary: A second-generation histamine H1 receptor antagonist used in the treatment of allergic rhinitis and urticaria. Unlike most classical antihistamines (HISTAMINE H1 ANTAGONISTS) it lacks central nervous system depressing effects such as drowsiness.
Publications219 found, 100 shown here
- DesloratadineK McClellan
Adis International Limited, Mairangi Bay, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 61:789-96; discussion 797. 2001Desloratadine is the orally active major metabolite of the nonsedating H1-antihistamine loratadine. The drug had no adverse cardiovascular effects in various animal models or when administered at 9 times the recommended adult dosage for ..
- Pharmacokinetic properties of single-dose loratadine and ambroxol alone and combined in tablet formulations in healthy menJosé Villacampa
Department of Pharmaceutical Development, Schering Plough, S A de C V, Mexico City, Mexico
Clin Ther 25:2225-32. 2003..The most frequent symptoms are throat soreness and cough; therefore, a new formulation combining loratadine and ambroxol hydrochloride was designed to treat these 2 major symptoms...
- The relative bioavailability of loratadine administered as a chewing gum formulation in healthy volunteersLene Noehr-Jensen
Institute of Public Health, Clinical Pharmacology, University of Southern Denmark, Winslowparken 19, Denmark
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 62:437-45. 2006The aim of this study was to investigate the pharmacokinetics of loratadine and its active metabolite desloratadine after single-dose administration of loratadine as a conventional tablet, orally disintegrating tablet (smelt tablet) and a ..
- Solubility enhancement of desloratadine by solid dispersion in poloxamersNemanja Kolašinac
Galenika a d, Batajnicki drum bb, 11080 Belgrade, Serbia
Int J Pharm 436:161-70. 2012....
- Efficacy and tolerability of montelukast alone or in combination with loratadine in seasonal allergic rhinitis: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial performed in the fallAnjuli S Nayak
University of Illinois, College of Medicine at Peoria, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 88:592-600. 2002..Histamine and cysteinyl leukotrienes seem to be important mediators of allergic rhinitis...
- Low dosage promethazine and loratadine negatively affect neuromotor functionJustin J Kavanagh
School of Physiotherapy and Exercise Science, Griffith University, Gold Coast, Australia
Clin Neurophysiol 123:780-6. 2012Determine how the sedating antihistamine promethazine and non-sedating antihistamine loratadine at a dose of 10mg influence voluntary and involuntary motor processes in the hours following ingestion and the morning after ingestion.
- The effectiveness of levocetirizine in comparison with loratadine in treatment of allergic rhinitis--a meta-analysisRalph Mosges
Institute of Medical Statistics, Informatics and Epidemiology IMSIE, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Allergol Int 60:541-6. 2011..The goal of this investigation is to make an indirect comparison between loratadine, an oral antihistamine available over-the-counter (OTC) in the USA, and the more modern antihistamine ..
- Extra- and intracellular oxidant production in phorbol myristate acetate stimulated human polymorphonuclear leukocytes: modulation by histamine and H(1)-antagonist loratadineK Drabikova
Institute of Experimental Pharmacology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Dubravska cesta 9, 841 04, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Inflamm Res 55:S19-20. 2006
- Metabolism of loratadine and further characterization of its in vitro metabolitesAnima Ghosal
Pharmaceutical Sciences and Drug Metabolism, Schering Plough Research Institute, Kenilworth, New Jersey 07033, USA
Drug Metab Lett 3:162-70. 2009The present study demonstrated that in addition to CYP3A4 and CYP2D6, the metabolism of loratadine is also catalyzed by CYP1A1, CYP2C19, and to a lesser extent by CYP1A2, CYP2B6, CYP2C8, CYP2C9 and CYP3A5...
- Clinical studies of combination montelukast and loratadine in patients with seasonal allergic rhinitisSusan Lu
Merck Research Laboratories, Clinical Research, 126 East Lincoln Avenue, RY 34B 348, Rahway, NJ 07065, USA
J Asthma 46:878-83. 2009Concomitant use of montelukast and loratadine may improve symptoms of seasonal allergic rhinitis (SAR) more than treatment with either drug alone.
- Blood basophil numbers in chronic ordinary urticaria and healthy controls: diurnal variation, influence of loratadine and prednisolone and relationship to disease activityC E H Grattan
Department of Dermatology, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital NHS Trust, Colney, Norfolk NR4 7UZ, UK
Clin Exp Allergy 33:337-41. 2003..A secondary aim was to compare a standard manual counting method with automated basophil counts and to look at numbers of other circulating leucocytes that might be relevant to urticaria pathogenesis...
- Brompheniramine, loratadine, and placebo in allergic rhinitis: a placebo-controlled comparative clinical trialH M Druce
Department of Clinical Research, Whitehall Robins Healthcare, Madison, New Jersey 07940 0871, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 38:382-9. 1998..an extended-release formulation of a classical antihistamine, brompheniramine, and a second-generation compound, loratadine, in the treatment of allergic rhinitis...
- A validated HPLC-ESI-MS method for the determination of loratadine in human plasma and its application to pharmacokinetic studiesJ Chen
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Shanghai, P R China
Pharmazie 59:600-3. 2004A liquid chromatographic-mass spectrometric (LC-MS) assay was developed and validated for the determination of loratadine in human plasma using reversed-phase HPLC combined with electrospray ionization (ESI) mass spectrometry...
- The acute and sub-chronic effects of levocetirizine, cetirizine, loratadine, promethazine and placebo on cognitive function, psychomotor performance, and weal and flareI Hindmarch
HPRU Medical Research Centre, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 17:241-55. 2001..and peripheral H1 inhibitory effects of acute and sub-chronic doses of levocetirizine (L-CTZ), cetirizine (CTZ), loratadine (LOR) and promethazine (PRM) versus placebo, using a battery of psychomotor and cognitive tests together with ..
- Sensitive liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method for the determination of loratadine and its major active metabolite descarboethoxyloratadine in human plasmaF C Sutherland
FARMOVS Research Centre for Clinical Pharmacology and Drug Development, University of Orange Free State, Bloemfontein, South Africa
J Chromatogr A 914:37-43. 2001A sensitive method for the simultaneous determination of loratadine and its major active metabolite descarboethoxyloratadine (DCL) in plasma was developed, using high-performance liquid chromatographic separation with tandem mass ..
- Desloratadine: A new, nonsedating, oral antihistamineR S Geha
Boston Children's Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Enders Building, Room 809, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 107:751-62. 2001....
- Effects of a single dose of loratadine on flying ability under conditions of simulated cabin pressureP J Valk
Netherlands Aerospace Medical Centre, Soesterberg, The Netherlands
Am J Rhinol 11:27-33. 1997..There is evidence that loratadine is practically void of these sedative effects, and therefore might be prescribed to pilots...
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled comparison of emedastine 0.05% ophthalmic solution with loratadine 10 mg and their combination in the human conjunctival allergen challenge modelMark B Abelson
Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Clin Ther 24:445-56. 2002..When selecting treatment for allergic conjunctivitis, a primary concern is whether to choose local or systemic therapy...
- A comparative study on the effects of naltrexone and loratadine on uremic pruritusEmmanuelle Legroux-Crespel
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, Brest, France
Dermatology 208:326-30. 2004..Two recent studies have provided opposite results on the efficacy of naltrexone on uremic pruritus. We have performed a third study...
- Cannabinoids, loratadine and allopurinol as novel additions to the antipsoriatic ammunitionM R Namazi
Dermatology Department, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 19:319-22. 2005..interaction and also on the release of IL-2, TNF-alpha and nitric oxide from immune cells; (ii) loratadine, which is an antihistamine capable of increasing [corrected] the cAMP/cGMP ratio and the production of ..
- Emedastine difumarate versus loratadine in chronic idiopathic urticaria: a randomized, double-blind, controlled European multicentre clinical trialAnnik Pons-Guiraud
Service de Dermatologie, Hopital St Louis, Paris, France
Eur J Dermatol 16:649-54. 2006Emedastine difumarate (2 mg b.i.d.) was compared to loratadine (10 mg o.d.) in a randomized, double-blind, multicentre trial for 4 weeks in 192 patients with idiopathic chronic urticaria...
- Stability-indicating micelle-enhanced spectrofluorimetric method for determination of loratadine and desloratadine in dosage formsM I Walash
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Mansoura, 35516, Mansoura, Egypt
Luminescence 26:670-9. 2011A highly sensitive and simple spectrofluorimetric method was developed for the determination of loratadine (LRT) and desloratadine (DSL) in their pharmaceutical formulations...
- Ocular drying associated with oral antihistamines (loratadine) in the normal population-an evaluation of exaggerated dose effectD Welch
Ophthalmic Research Associates, Dry Eye Department, North Andover, Massachusetts, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 506:1051-5. 2002
- Simultaneous determination of loratadine and desloratadine in pharmaceutical preparations using liquid chromatography with a microemulsion as eluentDina T El-Sherbiny
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mansoura University, Mansoura 35516, Egypt
J Pharm Biomed Anal 43:1236-42. 2007..for analytical quality control of pharmaceutical preparations containing the antihistaminic drug substance loratadine and/or its analog desloratadine (which is also an active metabolite of loratadine) was developed using a ..
- A multicentre study of loratadine, clemastine and placebo in patients with perennial allergic rhinitisL Frølund
State University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Allergy 45:254-61. 1990This multicentre, double-blind, randomized parallel-group study compared 3 weeks' treatment with either loratadine (Clarityn) 10 mg once daily, or clemastine (Tavegyl) 1 mg twice daily, and placebo in outpatients with active perennial ..
- Clinical benefits of combination treatment with mometasone furoate nasal spray and loratadine vs monotherapy with mometasone furoate in the treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitisRobert Anolik
Allergy and Asthma Specialists PC, East Blue Bell, Pennsylvania 19422, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 100:264-71. 2008..However, clinical studies have found that combining an antihistamine with an intranasal corticosteroid provides few or no advantages over monotherapy with an intranasal corticosteroid...
- Loratadine blockade of K(+) channels in human heart: comparison with terfenadine under physiological conditionsW J Crumb
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Cardiology, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA 70112 2699, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 292:261-4. 2000..torsade de pointes, have been reported with the antihistamines astemizole and terfenadine and more recently with loratadine. The most likely mechanism for these drug-related arrhythmias is blockage of one or more ion channels involved ..
- Effect of desloratadine on epithelial cell granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor secretion and eosinophil survivalJ Mullol
IDIBAPS, Rhinology Unit, ENT Department, Hospital Clinic, Deparmtent of Medicine, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Clin Exp Allergy 36:52-8. 2006..Second-generation antihistamines are H(1) receptor antagonists and may have additional anti-inflammatory effects...
- Efficacy of nasal corticosteroids alone or combined with antihistamines or montelukast in treatment of allergic rhinitisErcan Pinar
ENT Department, Izmir Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Auris Nasus Larynx 35:61-6. 2008..Topical corticosteroids are recommended as initial therapy in allergic rhinitis (AR) patients. We investigated clinical efficacy of monotherapy with topical steroid and combined therapy in AR patients...
- Impact of desloratadine and loratadine on the crosstalk between human keratinocytes and leukocytes: Implications for anti-inflammatory activity of antihistaminesC Traidl-Hoffmann
Division of Environmental Dermatology and Allergy GSF TUM, ZAUM Center for Allergy and Environment, Munich, Germany
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 140:315-20. 2006..So far no studies have addressed the potential anti-inflammatory activities of desloratadine and loratadine on skin keratinocytes.
- An evaluation of the ocular drying effects of 2 systemic antihistamines: loratadine and cetirizine hydrochlorideGeorge W Ousler
Ophthalmic Research Associates Inc, North Andover, Massachusetts 01845, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 93:460-4. 2004Systemic antihistamines, such as loratadine and cetrizine hydrochloride, have proven efficacious in the control of many allergic conditions; however, patients complain about their drying effects.
- Biochemical characterization of desloratadine, a potent antagonist of the human histamine H(1) receptorJohn C Anthes
Schering Plough Research Institute, K15 1 1600, 2015 Galloping Hill Rd, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 449:229-37. 2002..The mechanism of desloratadine antagonism of the human histamine H(1) receptor may help to explain the high potency and 24-h duration of action observed in clinical studies...
- Inhibitory effects of budesonide, desloratadine and dexamethasone on cytokine release from human mast cell line (HMC-1)Y Zhao
The Institute of Chinese Medicine, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong, SAR, China
Inflamm Res 53:664-9. 2004....
- Comparison of cetirizine, ebastine and loratadine in the treatment of immediate mosquito-bite allergyA Karppinen
Department of Dermatology, Tampere University Hospital and University of Tampere, Finland
Allergy 57:534-7. 2002..Whealing is mediated by antisaliva immunoglobulin (Ig)E antibodies and histamine. Cetirizine, ebastine and loratadine have earlier shown effects on mosquito-bite reactions but no comparative studies exist.
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled, and randomized study of loratadine (Clarityne) syrup for the treatment of allergic rhinitis in children aged 3 to 12 yearsY H Yang
Department of Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei
Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol 19:171-5. 2001..double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel, randomized study was to evaluate the effectiveness and safety of loratadine syrup for the treatment of children aged 3 to 12 years with allergic rhinitis...
- Assessing satisfaction with desloratadine and fexofenadine in allergy patients who report dissatisfaction with loratadineDaniel J Glass
Zynx Life Sciences, Cerner Corporation, Beverly Hills, CA, USA
BMC Fam Pract 4:10. 2003The FDA recently moved loratadine (Claritin) from prescription only status to over-the-counter (OTC)...
- Influence of zafirlukast and loratadine on exercise-induced bronchoconstrictionBarbro Dahlen
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Department of Medicine at Karolinska Hospital and Experimental Asthma and Allergy Research, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Allergy Clin Immunol 109:789-93. 2002..There is thus a need for additional therapies for optimal control of exercise-induced bronchoconstriction (EIB)...
- Risk of hypospadias in offspring of women using loratadine during pregnancy: a systematic review and meta-analysisEleanor B Schwarz
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Center for Research on Health Care, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Drug Saf 31:775-88. 2008b>Loratadine, a second-generation antihistamine, is commonly used to treat seasonal allergies. Some studies have suggested that use of loratadine by pregnant women increases the risk of hypospadias in male offspring.
- Inhibition of cytokine generation and mediator release by human basophils treated with desloratadineJ T Schroeder
The Johns Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center, Department of Medicine, Division of Clinical Immunology, Johns Hopkins University School of, Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Clin Exp Allergy 31:1369-77. 2001..This latter effect has been shown in vitro to be both IgE-dependent and -independent...
- The pharmacokinetics, electrocardiographic effects, and tolerability of loratadine syrup in children aged 2 to 5 yearsL M Salmun
Allergy Respiratory Diseases Clinical Research, Schering Plough Research Institute, Kenilworth, New Jersey 07033 0539, USA
Clin Ther 22:613-21. 2000We assessed the pharmacokinetics and tolerability of 5 mg loratadine syrup (1 mg/mL) in children aged 2 to 5 years.
- Evaluation of product switching after a state Medicaid program began covering loratadine OTC 1 year after market availabilityTroy K Trygstad
Division of Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy, School of Pharmacy, C B 7360, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7360, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 12:108-20. 2006The conversion of loratadine from prescription (Rx)-only to over-the-counter (OTC) status on November 27, 2002, brought about the question of how OTC products may influence utilization of both OTC and Rx-only low-sedating antihistamines (..
- Efficacy of ebastine, cetirizine, and loratadine in histamine cutaneous challengesJuan Gispert
Almirall Prodesfarma SA, Barcelona, Spain
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 89:259-64. 2002..Few studies have compared the antihistaminic effect of ebastine at 20 mg/day (maximal recommended daily dose) with the effect found for other antihistamines in human pharmacologic models...
- Simultaneous determination of montelukast and loratadine by HPLC and derivative spectrophotometric methodsT Radhakrishna
Department of Physical Chemistry, School of Chemistry, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam 530 003, AP, India
J Pharm Biomed Anal 31:359-68. 2003..derivative spectrophotometry have been used and described for the simultaneous determination of montelukast and loratadine in pharmaceutical formulations...
- Efficacy and safety of ebastine 20 mg compared to loratadine 10 mg once daily in the treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyP Ratner
Sylvana Research, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 133:371-9. 2004Few randomized studies have compared loratadine to ebastine in the symptomatic treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis (SAR) patients.
- Co-administration of ketoconazole with H1-antagonists ebastine and loratadine in healthy subjects: pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic effectsP Chaikin
Kyowa Pharmaceutical Inc, Princeton, New Jersey, USA
Br J Clin Pharmacol 59:346-54. 2005Two studies were conducted to evaluate the effects of coadministration of ketoconazole with two nonsedating antihistamines, ebastine and loratadine, on the QTc interval and on the pharmacokinetics of the antihistamines.
- Efficacy of azelastine nasal spray in patients with an unsatisfactory response to loratadineWilliam E Berger
Southern California Research Center, Mission Viejo, California 92691, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 91:205-11. 2003..and safety of azelastine nasal spray, desloratadine, and the combination of azelastine nasal spray plus loratadine compared with placebo in patients with seasonal allergic rhinitis who had an unsatisfactory response to ..
- Efficacy of montelukast, in combination with loratadine, in the treatment of delayed pressure urticariaEustachio Nettis
J Allergy Clin Immunol 112:212-3. 2003
- The effect of the Rx-to-OTC switch of loratadine and changes in prescription drug benefits on utilization and cost of therapyPatrick W Sullivan
Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research Program, University of Colorado School of Pharmacy, Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Denver 80262, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:374-82. 2005Numerous prescription products have become available over the counter (OTC) in recent years. Previous simulation models have shown the Rx-to-OTC switch of loratadine to be cost effective.
- Meta-analysis of the efficacy of ebastine 20 mg compared to loratadine 10 mg and placebo in the symptomatic treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitisPaul Ratner
Sylvana Research Associates, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 138:312-8. 2005Few randomized studies have compared the efficacy of ebastine and loratadine in the symptomatic treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis (SAR).
- Comparative antiallergic effects of second-generation H1-antihistamines ebastine, cetirizine and loratadine in preclinical modelsJosep Llupià
Department of Pharmacological Development, Almirall Prodesfarma, Research Centre, Cardener 68 74, 08024 Barcelona, Spain
Arzneimittelforschung 53:93-7. 2003Ebastine (CAS 90729-43-4), cetirizine (CAS 83881-51-0) and loratadine (CAS 79794-75-5) are second generation H1-antihistamines of proven efficacy for treating allergy...
- Efficacy and safety of desloratadine in the treatment of perennial allergic rhinitisF Estelle R Simons
Section of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Department of Pedia trics and Child Health, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
J Allergy Clin Immunol 111:617-22. 2003..The evidence base for the use of H1-antihistamines in the treatment of perennial allergic rhinitis is considerably smaller than it is in the treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis...
- Loratadine during pregnancy and hypospadiasLars Pedersen
Epidemiology 19:359-60. 2008
- Effect of desloratadine and loratadine on rhinovirus-induced intercellular adhesion molecule 1 upregulation and promoter activation in respiratory epithelial cellsA Papi
University Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
J Allergy Clin Immunol 108:221-8. 2001..Rhinovirus infection of airway epithelium induces ICAM-1. Desloratadine and loratadine are compounds belonging to the new class of H(1)-receptor blockers...
- Simultaneous determination of loratadine and pseudoephedrine sulfate in pharmaceutical formulation by RP-LC and derivative spectrophotometryM M Mabrouk
Department of Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tanta University, Tanta, Egypt
J Pharm Biomed Anal 33:597-604. 2003..liquid chromatographic and first derivative spectrophotometric methods for determination of antihistaminic drug loratadine [I] and nasal decongestant drug pseudoephedrine sulfate [II] are described...
- Comparison of the efficacy, safety and quality of life provided by fexofenadine hydrochloride 120 mg, loratadine 10 mg and placebo administered once daily for the treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitisP Van Cauwenberge
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Clin Exp Allergy 30:891-9. 2000..placebo-controlled, parallel group study compared the efficacy, safety and impact on quality of life (QoL) in seasonal allergic rhinitis patients (SAR) of fexofenadine and loratadine (with placebo), when administered once daily.
- A double-blind, randomized, single-dose, crossover comparison of levocetirizine with ebastine, fexofenadine, loratadine, mizolastine, and placebo: suppression of histamine-induced wheal-and-flare response during 24 hours in healthy male subjectsJ Andrew Grant
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston77555 1083, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 88:190-7. 2002..Levocetirizine is the active enantiomer of cetirizine, a potent drug with little metabolism widely used for allergic rhinitis and urticaria...
- Comparison of the effects of levocetirizine and loratadine on histamine-induced wheal, flare, and itch in human skinG F Clough
Dermatopharmacology Unit, Allergy and Inflammation Sciences, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Allergy 56:985-8. 2001..crossover study compared the effects of the R-enantiomer of cetirizine, levocetirizine, with those of loratadine on the wheal, flare, and itch response to histamine in human skin...
- Block of human cardiac Kv1.5 channels by loratadine: voltage-, time- and use-dependent block at concentrations above therapeutic levelsE Delpón
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
Cardiovasc Res 35:341-50. 1997The aim of this study was to analyze the effects of loratadine on a human cardiac K+ channel (hKv1.5) cloned from human ventricle and stably expressed in a mouse cell line.
- H1-receptor antagonists terfenadine and loratadine inhibit spontaneous growth of neoplastic mast cellsEmir Hadzijusufovic
Department for Companion Animals and Horses, Clinic for Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Exp Hematol 38:896-907. 2010..A key mediator of MCs responsible for clinical symptoms is histamine. Therefore, use of histamine receptor (HR) antagonists is an established approach to block histamine effects in these patients...
- Fetal safety of loratadine use in the first trimester of pregnancy: a multicenter studyMyla E Moretti
Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Allergy Clin Immunol 111:479-83. 2003Women in their childbearing years often require drug therapy for allergic conditions. Loratadine, a newer nonsedating antihistamine, is often used because of its preferred side effect profile...
- Comparison of the combinations of fexofenadine-pseudoephedrine and loratadine-montelukast in the treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitisRizwan Moinuddin
Section of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The Pritzker School of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 92:73-9. 2004..Antihistamine-decongestant combinations are used routinely for the treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis. Recently, the combination of an antihistamine and a leukotriene receptor antagonist has been shown to be efficacious...
- Comparative effects of desloratadine versus montelukast on asthma symptoms and use of beta 2-agonists in patients with seasonal allergic rhinitis and asthmaCarlos E Baena-Cagnani
Department of Paediatrics, Infantile Hospital, Santa Rosa, Cordoba, Argentina
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 130:307-13. 2003..Asthma and seasonal allergic rhinitis (SAR) are recognized as manifestations of a single airway disease. Desloratadine has demonstrated efficacy in treating SAR symptoms, including nasal obstruction...
- Checkpoint kinase 1-mediated phosphorylation of Cdc25C and bad proteins are involved in antitumor effects of loratadine-induced G2/M phase cell-cycle arrest and apoptosisJinn Shiun Chen
Department of Surgery, Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Linkou, Taiwan
Mol Carcinog 45:461-78. 2006In this study, we first demonstrated that loratadine (LOR), a promising world widely used oral anti-histamine, effectively inhibits growth of tumors derived from human colon cancer cells (COLO 205) in an in vivo setting...
- Pregnancy outcome after gestational exposure to loratadine or antihistamines: a prospective controlled cohort studyOrna Diav-Citrin
Israeli Teratogen Information Service, Israel Ministry of Health, Laboratory of Teratology, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, PO Box 12272, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Allergy Clin Immunol 111:1239-43. 2003b>Loratadine is a second-generation histamine H(1)-receptor antagonist, used in the treatment of allergic conditions. No prospective controlled trials on loratadine in human pregnancy have been published to date.
- Effects of the selective H1 and H2 histamine receptor antagonists loratadine and ranitidine on autonomic control of the heartMichael A Nault
Department of Anesthesiology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Anesthesiology 96:336-41. 2002..This study was designed to investigate the effects of the selective H1 and H2 receptor antagonists loratadine and ranitidine on physiologic autonomic control of the healthy cardiovascular system.
- Prenatal exposure to loratadine in children with hypospadias: a nested case-control study within the Danish National Birth CohortLars Pedersen
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Am J Ther 13:320-4. 2006The aim of this study was to examine the risk of hypospadias after reported exposure to loratadine and other antihistamines during pregnancy, based on data from the Danish National Birth Cohort...
- Oral bioavailability of desloratadine is unaffected by foodSamir Gupta
Schering Plough Research Institute, Kenilworth, New Jersey 07033 0539, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 41:7-12. 2002..To determine the effect of coadministration of food on the bioavailability of oral desloratadine...
- Effects of perinatal loratadine exposure on male rat reproductive organ developmentBarry S McIntyre
Schering Plough Research Institute, PO Box 32, 144 Route 94, Lafayette, NJ 07848 0032, USA
Reprod Toxicol 17:691-7. 2003..It was of interest to determine if the H(1) histamine antagonist loratadine had the potential to alter androgen-mediated reproductive development in the rat, a sensitive species for ..
- Desloratadine demonstrates dose proportionality in healthy adults after single dosesSamir Gupta
Schering Plough Research Institute, Kenilworth, New Jersey 07033 0539, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 41:1-6. 2002..To evaluate the dose proportionality and linearity and pharmacokinetic profile of desloratadine after single oral doses over the range of 5 to 20mg...
- Development and validation of a novel stability-indicating reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatography method for assay of loratadine and determination of its related compoundsJun Lu
Merck and Co Inc, ACDS SAS, Union, NJ 07083, USA
J AOAC Int 93:891-903. 2010b>Loratadine is an important active pharmaceutical ingredient used in a wide variety of prescription and over-the-counter products for the treatment and relief of allergy symptoms...
- The pharmacologic profile of desloratadine: a reviewB M Henz
Department of Dermatology and Allergy, , Berlin, Germany
Allergy 56:7-13. 2001..Novel antiallergic and anti-inflammatory effects have also been noted with desloratadine, a fact which may be relevant to its clinical efficacy...
- Impurity profile study of loratadineK V S R Krishna Reddy
Department of Analytical Research, Discovery Research Division, Dr Reddy s Laboratories Ltd, Bollaram Road, Miyapur, Hyderabad 500 050, India
J Pharm Biomed Anal 32:29-39. 2003Three unknown impurities in loratadine bulk drug at levels below 0.1% (ranging from 0.05 to 0.1%) were detected by a simple isocratic reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)...
- Anticholinergic effects of desloratadine, the major metabolite of loratadine, in rabbit and guinea-pig iris smooth muscleI Cardelús
Almirall Prodesfarma, Research Center, Pharmacology Department, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Pharmacol 374:249-54. 1999..and muscarinic M 1 and M3 cloned human receptors have been reported for desloratadine, the active metabolite of loratadine, a widely prescribed antihistamine...
- Pharmacokinetics of loratadine and its active metabolite descarboethoxyloratadine in healthy Chinese subjectsYi fan Zhang
Laboratory of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang 110016, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 24:715-8. 2003To investigate the pharmacokinetics of loratadine (LOR) and its active metabolite descarboethoxyloratadine (DCL) in healthy Chinese subjects.
- Loratadine exerts estrogen-like effects and disrupts penile development in the mouseEmily Willingham
Institute for the Study and Treatment of Hypospadias, Department of Urology, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94043, USA
J Urol 175:723-6. 2006..The link between loratadine, the active ingredient in a common over-the-counter antihistamine, and hypospadias, the most common congenital ..
- A direct comparison of the efficacy of antihistamines in SAR and PAR: randomised, placebo-controlled studies with levocetirizine and loratadine using an environmental exposure unit - the Vienna Challenge Chamber (VCC)P Stübner
ENT University Clinic Vienna, Austria
Curr Med Res Opin 20:891-902. 2004..The aim of the significantly more than loratadine at all time two placebo-controlled, randomised studies reported here was to compare the efficacy and safety of ..
- To evaluate and compare the effects of first generation anti-histamine (chlorpheniramine maleate) and second generation anti-histamine (loratadine) on isolated trachea of rabbitG A Jalbani
Liaquat University Hospital, Hyderabad Jamshoro
J Pak Med Assoc 54:556-61. 2004..b>Loratadine is a highly potent, non-sedating, long acting tricyclic, second generation anti-histamine...
- Inhibition of cytokine-induced expression of T-cell cytokines by antihistaminesM S Ashenager
Department of Dermatology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 17:20-6. 2007..To investigate immunomodulatory properties of 4 antihistamines available in Japan...
- [Inhibition of histamine-induced wheel after a recommended single dose administration of 10 mg cetirizine, 5 mg desloratadine, 120 i 180 mg fexofenadine, 5 mg levocetirizine and 10 mg loratadine--a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled trial]Jerzy Kruszewski
Department of Infectious Diseases and Allergology, Military Institute of the Heath Service in Warsaw, Central Clinical Hospital of the Ministry of National Defence
Pol Merkur Lekarski 21:443-8. 2006..The aim of the study was to compare the effect of inhibition skin reactivity after administration of single dose administration of various second generation antihistamines in the healthy people group...
- [Oral second generation antihistamines in allergic rhinitis]H Riechelmann
Univ HNO Klinik Ulm
Laryngorhinootologie 84:30-41. 2005..Histamine is a key mediator of the allergic immediate reaction. Antihistamines belong to the most frequently used treatment modalities in allergic rhinitis...
- Comparative efficacy of wheal-and-flare suppression among various non-sedating antihistamines and the pharmacologic insights to their efficacySukit Roongapinun
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 87:551-6. 2004Non-sedating antihistamines (loratadine, fexofenadine, and cetirizine) have been widely used in Thailand...
- New antihistamines: a critical viewInês Cristina Camelo-Nunes
Departamento de Pediatria, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo Escola Paulista de Medicina UNIFESP EPM, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Pediatr (Rio J) 82:S173-80. 2006..To perform a critical evaluation of the more recent H1 antihistamines and the various terms used to describe them, based on a review of evidence on their role in the treatment of allergic disorders...
- Desloratadine in combination with montelukast in the treatment of chronic urticaria: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyE Nettis
Department of Medical Clinic, Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Section of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Clin Exp Allergy 34:1401-7. 2004..Chronic urticaria (CU) is a common skin condition. It is frequently a disabling disease due to the persistency of clinical symptoms, the unpredictable course and negative influence on the quality of life...
- [The effect of 5-days of cetirizine, desloratadine, fexofenadine 120 and 180 mg, levocetirizine, loratadine treatment on the histamine-induced skin reaction and skin blood flow--a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled trial]Krzysztof Kłos
Department of Infectious Diseases and Allergology, Military Institute of the Heath Service in Warsaw, Central Clinical Hospital of the Ministry of National Defence
Pol Merkur Lekarski 21:449-53. 2006..following antihistamines: cetirizine 10mg, desloratadine 5mg, fexofenadine 120 and 180mg, levocetirizine 5mg, loratadine 10mg, and placebo, administered in the recommended doses over the period of 5 days, on the visually assessed ..
- Efficacy of fexofenadine versus desloratadine in suppressing histamine-induced wheal and flareEli O Meltzer
Allergy and Asthma Medical Group and Research Center, University of California at San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 28:67-73. 2007..Fexofenadine HCl, 180 mg, was superior to desloratadine, 5 mg, in histamine-induced wheal-and-flare suppression, suggesting increased in vivo H1-receptor antagonist potency of fexofenadine versus desloratadine...
- Antihistamines: do they work? Further well-controlled trials involving larger samples are neededF Fumagalli
Allergy and Respiratory Diseases, DIMI, Genoa University, Genoa, Italy
Allergy 59:74-7. 2004..The anti-inflammatory effects of cetirizine, desloratadine and levocetirizine are reviewed. Quality of life is considered too, as a main parameter in a global evaluation of the antihistamine's effects...
- Prophylactic management of children at risk for recurrent upper respiratory infections: the Preventia I StudyA Grimfeld
Hopital Armand Trousseau, Paris, France
Clin Exp Allergy 34:1665-72. 2004..Given the morbidity and mortality of asthma and the recent dramatic increase in its prevalence, pharmacologic prophylaxis of this disease in children at risk would represent a major medical advance...
- Premedication with montelukast reduces local reactions of allergen immunotherapyStefan Wöhrl
Division of Immunology, Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Department of Dermatology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 144:137-42. 2007..We were interested whether pretreatment with the leukotriene antagonist montelukast would be better suited for preventing those reactions than pretreatment with the antihistamine desloratadine...
- Comparison of pharmacokinetics and metabolism of desloratadine, fexofenadine, levocetirizine and mizolastine in humansM Molimard
Departement de Pharmacologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Bordeaux, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 18:399-411. 2004....
- Randomized placebo-controlled trial comparing desloratadine and montelukast in monotherapy and desloratadine plus montelukast in combined therapy for chronic idiopathic urticariaGabriele Di Lorenzo
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e delle Patologie Emergenti, Universita di Palermo, 90127 Palermo, Italy
J Allergy Clin Immunol 114:619-25. 2004..Recently, antileukotriene receptors have been used in patients with CIU, either administered as monotherapy or combined with H 1 -receptor antagonists...
- Selecting the optimal oral antihistamine for patients with allergic rhinitisJeffrey M Lehman
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Clinical Allergy and Immunology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Drugs 66:2309-19. 2006..In addition to the clinical efficacy, potential for improvement in QOL with a particular treatment should also be considered...
- Clinical pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of desloratadine, fexofenadine and levocetirizine : a comparative reviewPhilippe Devillier
Laboratory of Pharmacology, UPRES EA 220, Universite de Versailles Saint Quentin, Hopital Foch, Suresnes, France
Clin Pharmacokinet 47:217-30. 2008....
- Efficacy of diphenhydramine vs desloratadine and placebo in patients with moderate-to-severe seasonal allergic rhinitisGordon D Raphael
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, Morris Plains, New Jersey 07950, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 96:606-14. 2006..Previous studies have shown that diphenhydramine and desloratadine effectively relieve symptoms of seasonal allergic rhinitis (SAR)...
- Diphenhydramine vs desloratadine comparisons must consider risk-benefit ratioMichael S Blaiss
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 97:121-2. 2006
- H(1)- antihistamines and activated blood plateletsM Petrikova
Institute of Experimental Pharmacology SAS, Dubravska 9, 841 04, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Inflamm Res 55:S51-2. 2006
- Desloratadine for chronic idiopathic urticaria: a review of clinical efficacyLawrence Dubuske
Immunology Research Institute of New England, Gardner, Massachusetts 01440, USA
Am J Clin Dermatol 8:271-83. 2007..It has 10-20 times the in vivo H1 receptor-binding affinity of loratadine, its parent compound, and 52-194 times the H1 receptor-binding affinity of cetirizine, ebastine, loratadine, and ..
- Efficacy of desloratadine, 5 mg, compared with fexofenadine, 180 mg, in patients with symptomatic seasonal allergic rhinitisWilliam E Berger
Allergy and Asthma Associates of Southern California, Mission Viejo, California 92691, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 27:214-23. 2006..All treatments were well tolerated. Desloratadine, 5 mg, and fexofenadine, 180 mg, provide comparable efficacy and tolerability in the treatment of SAR. Both treatments are significantly more effective than placebo...
- A comparison of levocetirizine and desloratadine in the histamine-induced wheal and flare response in human skin in vivoT A Popov
Clinical Centre of Allergology, Medical University, 1, Sv Georgi Sofiyski St, 1431, Sofia, Bulgaria
Inflamm Res 55:241-4. 2006..The histamine-induced wheal and flare response was used to compare quantitatively the antihistaminic potency of levocetirizine and desloratadine...
- Comparison of the risk of drowsiness and sedation between levocetirizine and desloratadine: a prescription-event monitoring study in EnglandDeborah Layton
Drug Safety Research Unit, Southampton, Hants, UK
Drug Saf 29:897-909. 2006....
- Desloratadine and levocetirizine improve nasal symptoms, airflow, and allergic inflammation in patients with perennial allergic rhinitis: a pilot studyGiorgio Ciprandi
Allergologia U O ORL, Dipartimento Regionale Testa Collo, Padiglione Specialità piano terzo, Ospedale San Martino, Largo R Benzi 10, 16132, Genoa, Italy
Int Immunopharmacol 5:1800-8. 2005..Nasal obstruction is the main symptom in patients with perennial allergic rhinitis. Some new antihistamines have been demonstrated to be capable of improving this symptom...
- [Peripheral anticholinergic syndrome]Martha Patricia Valencia Zavala
Médica adscrita al servicio de alergia e inmunología clínica, Hospital General de Mexico
Rev Alerg Mex 54:66-9. 2007....
- ASSESSMENT MODE AND VALIDITY OF SELF-REPORTS IN CHILDRENBruce Bender; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results from this investigation are expected to have immediate and direct implication for clinical research in asthma and with other chronic conditions. ..
- Pilot and definitive studies to evaluate Insertional MutagenesisLU TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2012..telemetry model for the evaluation of QT interval prolongation using six drugs (Sotalol, Terfenedine, Bepridil, Loratadine, Lovastatin, and Diltiazem). ...
- Studies to Evaluate the Toxicological Potential of Test ArticlesLU TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2010..telemetry model for the evaluation of QT interval prolongation using six drugs (Sotalol, Terfenedine, Bepridil, Loratadine, Lovastatin, and Diltiazem). ...
- HRQL Impact of Chronic Conditions and Comorbidity BurdenPatrick Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2006..S. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ALLERGIC RHINITIS AND SINUSITISFuad Baroody; Fiscal Year: 2003..This will hopefully help to improve our therapeutic modalities for this enigmatic illness that affects millions of Americans every year. ..
- FLT3-LIGAND, IMMUNOMODULATION AND THERAPY IN ASTHMADEVENDRA AGRAWAL; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long-term goal of this study is to better define the potential mechanisms of action of FL to prevent and reverse allergic airway inflammation and associated changes in pulmonary function. ..
- TGF-BETA, CHLORIDE CHANNELS AND APOPTOSIS OF AIRWAY EPITHELIAL CELLSDevendra K Agrawal; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such investigations would provide unique insights to the pathophysiologic process of chronic asthma and the means to prevent or reverse the disease. ..
- MEKK2 Regulation of Mast Cell/T Cell Cytokine ProductionErwin Gelfand; Fiscal Year: 2003..The studies will also define MEKK2 and ERK5 as targets for drug discovery for the control of allergic inflammation. ..
- Adherence & Treatment Outcome in Adolescents in CAMPCSBruce Bender; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Naturally occurring T regulatory cells control airway hyperresponsivenessErwin Gelfand; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- CHEMOKINE BIOMARKERS OF DIISOCYANATE OCCUPATIONAL ASTHMADavid Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..