Genomes and Genes
Summary: A serotonin antagonist and a histamine H1 blocker used as antipruritic, appetite stimulant, antiallergic, and for the post-gastrectomy dumping syndrome, etc.
Publications216 found, 100 shown here
- Combined action of vasoactive amines and bradykinin mediates allergen-evoked thermal hyperalgesia in ratsTatiana R Lavich
Departamento de Fisiologia e Farmacodinamica, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz FIOCRUZ, Av Brasil 4365, Caixa Postal 926, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Eur J Pharmacol 462:185-92. 2003..Our findings show that local thermal hyperalgesia is a feature of allergen-evoked inflammation, and that a synergistic interaction among bradykinin, 5-hydroxytryptamine and histamine plays a critical role in this phenomenon...
- The effect of cyproheptadine hydrochloride (periactin) and megestrol acetate (megace) on weight in children with cancer/treatment-related cachexiaMarisa Couluris
Department of Pediatrics, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 30:791-7. 2008..Malnutrition can erode quality of life and adversely impact disease prognosis. Appetite stimulation and increased food intake is 1 approach to combat cancer-related cachexia...
- No cardiac effects of therapeutic and supratherapeutic doses of rupatadine: results from a 'thorough QT/QTc study' performed according to ICH guidelinesEster Donado
Clinical Development Unit, J Uriach y Compañía, Palau solità i Plegamans, Spain
Br J Clin Pharmacol 69:401-10. 2010..To evaluate the effects of therapeutic and supratherapeutic doses of rupatadine on cardiac repolarization in line with a 'thorough QT/QTc study' protocol performed according to International Conference on Harmonization guidelines...
- Cyproheptadine prevents pergolide-induced valvulopathy in rats: an echocardiographic and histopathological studySteven Droogmans
Departmnet of Cardiology, Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussel, Brussels 1090, Belgium
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 296:H1940-8. 2009..Therefore, we sought to determine whether cyproheptadine, a 5-HT(2B)R antagonist, might prevent toxic valvulopathy in an animal model of pergolide-induced valvular ..
- Cyproheptadine displays preclinical activity in myeloma and leukemiaXinliang Mao
Princess Margaret Hospital, Ontario Cancer Institute, Toronto, ON, Canada
Blood 112:760-9. 2008..we conducted a high throughput screen for inhibitors of the cyclin D2 promoter and identified the drug cyproheptadine. In myeloma and leukemia cells, cyproheptadine decreased expression of cyclins D1, D2, and D3 and arrested ..
- Rupatadine for the treatment of allergic rhinitis and urticariaMartin Metz
Department of Dermatology and Allergy, Allergie Centrum Charité, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Expert Rev Clin Immunol 7:15-20. 2011..Here, we review the profile of rupatadine, a new dual platelet-activating factor and H1-receptor antagonist that fulfils these criteria and therefore offers an excellent option for the treatment of allergic diseases...
- Cyproheptadine for prevention of neuropsychiatric adverse effects of efavirenz: a randomized clinical trialFatemeh Dabaghzadeh
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
AIDS Patient Care STDS 27:146-54. 2013b>Cyproheptadine prevention of the neuropsychiatric adverse effects of an antiretroviral regimen including efavirenz has been evaluated in a randomized clinical trial...
- A fatality due to cyproheptadine and citalopramVeronica Hargrove
Bexar County Medical Examiner s Office, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
J Anal Toxicol 33:564-7. 2009b>Cyproheptadine (Periactin) is a first-generation antihistamine available in over-the-counter cold medications and is used to treat allergic-type symptoms...
- Intrathecal application of cyproheptadine impairs locomotion in intact ratsHenryk Majczynski
Department of Neurophysiology, The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Pasteur Street 3, 02 093 Warsaw, Poland
Neurosci Lett 381:16-20. 2005In intact adult rats, cyproheptadine, a 5-HT2 antagonist, administered intrathecally at the midlumbar segments was found to impair hindlimb locomotor movements during overground locomotion...
- Pharmacological profile, efficacy and safety of rupatadine in allergic rhinitisSubodh Katiyar
Department of Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases, GSVM Medical College, Kanpur, India
Prim Care Respir J 18:57-68. 2009..Rupatadine significantly improves nasal symptoms in patients with AR. It has a good safety profile and is devoid of arrythmogenic effects. These properties make rupatadine a suitable first line anti-histamine for the treatment of AR...
- A chart review of cyproheptadine for stimulant-induced weight lossW Burleson Daviss
Department of Psychiatry, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 14:65-73. 2004..b>Cyproheptadine has been shown in medical samples to stimulate weight gain...
- Effects of cyproheptadine clorhydrate, a serotonin receptor antagonist, on endocrine parameters in weight-loss related amenorrheaA D Genazzani
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Modena, Via del Pozzo 71, 41100 Modena, Italy
Gynecol Endocrinol 15:279-85. 2001..Hypogonadotropic, underweight, amenorrheic patients (n = 8) were studied before and during cyproheptadine clorhydrate administration (4 mg/day for 3 months)...
- Cyproheptadine for intrathecal baclofen withdrawalJay M Meythaler
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Alabama School of Medicine and the University of Alabama Spain Rehabilitation Center, Birmingham 35249 7330, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 84:638-42. 2003To evaluate the efficacy of cyproheptadine in the management of acute intrathecal baclofen (ITB) withdrawal.
- Cyproheptadine in the treatment of autistic disorder: a double-blind placebo-controlled trialS Akhondzadeh
Psychiatric Research Center, Roozbeh Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, South Kargar Street, Tehran, Iran
J Clin Pharm Ther 29:145-50. 2004..Therefore, it is of interest to assess the efficacy of cyproheptadine, a 5-HT2 antagonist in the treatment of autistic disorder...
- Effects of histamine receptor antagonists injected intrathecally on antinociception induced by opioids administered intracerebroventricularly in the mouseH W Suh
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Natural Medicine, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Kangwon Do, 200 702, S Korea
Neuropeptides 33:121-9. 1999..The effects of intrathecal (i.t.) injections with cyproheptadine [a histamine-1 (H1) receptor antagonist], ranitidine (a H2 receptor antagonist), or thioperamide (a H3 ..
- Anti-endotoxic shock effects of cyproheptadine in ratsLizan Wang
Department of Pathophysiology, Jining Medical College, Jining 272013, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 115:443-5. 2002To investigate the antagonistic effect and mechanism of the effect of cyproheptadine (Cyp) on endotoxic shock in rats.
- Syntheses of molecularly imprinted polymers: Molecular recognition of cyproheptadine using original print molecules and azatadine as dummy templatesX Feás
Departamento de Quimica Analitica, Nutricion y Bromatologia, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, E 27002 Lugo, Spain
Anal Chim Acta 631:237-44. 2009..In the current study, cyproheptadine (CPH) and azatadine (AZA) were used as templates in the development of an MIP and DMIP for acrylic acid and ..
- Treatment with pergolide or cyproheptadine of pituitary pars intermedia dysfunction (equine Cushing's disease)Mark T Donaldson
Department of Clinical Studies New Bolton Center, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Kennett Square, PA 19348, USA
J Vet Intern Med 16:742-6. 2002Medical records of 27 horses (including 13 ponies) treated with pergolide or cyproheptadine for pituitary pars intermedia dysfunction were reviewed to determine the effect of treatment on plasma ACTH, insulin, and glucose concentrations ..
- Cyproheptadine for pediatric intrathecal baclofen withdrawal: a case reportJoseph A Saveika
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia 23507, USA
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 86:994-7. 2007..Previous reports have documented use of cyproheptadine in treatment of this syndrome in adults with positive results...
- Rupatadine: pharmacological profile and its use in the treatment of allergic disordersCesar Picado
University of Barcelona, Servei de Pneumologia i Allergia Respiratoria, Hospital Clinic, C Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Expert Opin Pharmacother 7:1989-2001. 2006..Rupatadine does not present drug-drug interactions with azithromycin, fluoxetine and lorazepam, but should not be administered concomitantly with known CYP3A4 inhibitors...
- Inhibition of insulin synthesis by cyproheptadine: effects on translationBelinda S Hawkins
Institute for Environmental Toxicology and Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
Toxicol Sci 79:258-65. 2004The antihistaminic, antiserotonergic drug cyproheptadine (CPH) is known to inhibit insulin synthesis in vivo and in vitro...
- Diabetogenic effect of a series of tricyclic delta opioid agonists structurally related to cyproheptadineEllen E Codd
Drug Discovery, Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Spring House, Pennsylvania 19477, USA
Toxicol Sci 117:493-504. 2010..A review of the literature on the antiserotonergic and antihistaminergic drug cyproheptadine (CPH) and its metabolites revealed shared structural features as well as similar hyperglycemic effects to the ..
- Nelson's syndrome: complete remission with cabergoline but not with bromocriptine or cyproheptadine treatmentLuiz Augusto Casulari
Neurosurgery Unit, Hospital de Base do Distrito Federal, Escola Superior em Ciências da Saúde, FEPECS, Brasilia, Brazil
Horm Res 62:300-5. 2004..The patient was initially treated with cyproheptadine hydrochloride (12 mg/day) for 18 months...
- The anti-histaminic cyproheptadine synergizes the antineoplastic activity of bortezomib in mantle cell lymphoma through its effects as a histone deacetylase inhibitorLuca Paoluzzi
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Br J Haematol 146:656-9. 2009b>Cyproheptadine, an inhibitor of the H1 histamine receptors, has recently shown activity in models of leukaemia and myeloma, presumably through inhibition of cyclin-D expression...
- Cyproheptadine resembles clozapine in vivo following both acute and chronic administration in ratsAndrew J Goudie
Psychopharmacology, School of Psychology, Liverpool University, Liverpool, UK
J Psychopharmacol 21:179-90. 2007b>Cyproheptadine is a cheap, widely available anti-allergy drug with a broad receptor binding profile which resembles that of clozapine. In rats discriminating clozapine from vehicle cyproheptadine mimicked clozapine very closely...
- Plasma adrenocorticotropin (ACTH) concentrations and clinical response in horses treated for equine Cushing's disease with cyproheptadine or pergolideG A Perkins
Department of Clinical Sciences, New York State College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca 14853, USA
Equine Vet J 34:679-85. 2002..plasma adrenocorticotropin (ACTH) levels during treatment of equine Cushing's disease (ECD) with either cyproheptadine (n = 32) or pergolide (n = 10)...
- Cyproheptadine and the treatment of an unconscious patient with the serotonin syndromeG D Baigel
Eur J Anaesthesiol 20:586-8. 2003
- Effects of the serotonin receptor antagonist cyproheptadine on the activity and pharmacokinetics of 5,6-dimethylxanthenone-4-acetic acid (DMXAA)L Zhao
Auckland Cancer Society Research Centre, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, The University of Auckland, New Zealand
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 47:491-7. 2001..It also induces the synthesis of tumour necrosis factor (TNF), nitric oxide and serotonin. Cyproheptadine, a type 2 serotonin receptor antagonist, is known to reduce the degree of tumour necrosis-induced TNF in mice...
- Rupatadine: a new selective histamine H1 receptor and platelet-activating factor (PAF) antagonist. A review of pharmacological profile and clinical management of allergic rhinitisIñaki Izquierdo
Research and Development Scientific Area, J Uriach and Cia, Barcelona, Spain
Drugs Today (Barc) 39:451-68. 2003..Newly published data on its efficacy and safety suggest that this compound may improve the nasal and non-nasal symptoms in comparison to other currently available second generation H1 receptor antihistamines...
- A randomized, double-blind, parallel-group study, comparing the efficacy and safety of rupatadine (20 and 10 mg), a new PAF and H1 receptor-specific histamine antagonist, to loratadine 10 mg in the treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitisF Saint-Martin
Clinical Research Unit, Research Centre, J Uriach and Cía S A, Barcelona, Spain
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 14:34-40. 2004....
- Role of substance P in allergic nasal symptoms in ratsMd Ashequr Rahman
Department of Medicinal Pharmacology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tsushima naka 1 1 1, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 532:155-61. 2006..On the other hand, histamine H(1) receptor antagonists, such as cyproheptadine, epinastine and olopatadine had no effect on the nasal behaviors induced by exogenous substance P, even at ..
- Rupatadine 10 mg and ebastine 10 mg in seasonal allergic rhinitis: a comparison studyE M Guadaño
Hospital Sant Pere Claver, Barcelona, Spain
Allergy 59:766-71. 2004....
- The role of nutrition in the regulation of LH secretion during anestrus by the serotoninergic and dopaminergic systems in Mediterranean ewes treated with melatoninFernando Forcada
Facultad de Veterinaria, Departamento de Producción Animal y Ciencia de los Alimentos, Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain
Theriogenology 58:1303-13. 2002..b>Cyproheptadine (0...
- Assessment of spinal cord pathology following trauma using early changes in the spinal cord evoked potentials: a pharmacological and morphological study in the ratHari Shanker Sharma
Laboratory of Neuroanatomy, Department of Medical Cell Biology, Box 571, Biomedical Centre, Uppsala University, SE 75123 Uppsala, Sweden
Muscle Nerve Suppl 11:S83-91. 2002..However, pretreatment with cyproheptadine, dexamethasone, phentolamine, and propranolol failed to attenuate the SCEP changes after SCI and did not ..
- 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C serotonin receptors differentially modulate mouse sexual arousal and the hypothalamo-pituitary-testicular response to the presence of a femaleNina K Popova
Institute of Cytology and Genetics, Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk, Russia
Neuroendocrinology 76:28-34. 2002..Administration of 5-HT2A receptor antagonists ketanserin (1.0 and 2.0 mg/kg i.p.) or cyproheptadine (1.0 and 2.0 mg/kg i.p...
- Differential regulation of rat peripheral 5-HT(2A) and 5-HT(2B) receptor systems: influence of drug treatmentM J Enguix
School of Pharmacy, University of Santiago de Compostela, 15782, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 368:79-90. 2003..p. administration of (+/-)1-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodophenyl)-2-aminopropane [(+/-)DOI, 1 or 2.5 mg/kg], clozapine, cyproheptadine or rauwolscine (10 mg/kg), 48 h after a single i.p. administration of (+/-)DOI (2...
- Central and peripheral evaluation of rupatadine, a new antihistamine/platelet-activating factor antagonist, at different doses in healthy volunteersManel J Barbanoj
Centre d Investigacio de Medicaments, Institut de Recerca, Servei de Farmacologia Clinica, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau HSCSP, Barcelona, Spain
Neuropsychobiology 50:311-21. 2004..To assess peripheral anti-H1 and central nervous system (CNS) activity of single increasing doses of rupatidine fumarate (RU), a new antihistamine/platelet-activating factor antagonist compound, in comparison with hydroxyzine and placebo...
- Identification of C3a and N-truncated C3a as vascular permeability-enhancing factors from the exudate of chronic phase of carrageenan-induced inflammation in ratsKatsuyoshi Miyama
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 25:648-51. 2002..skin enhanced vascular permeability, and the increased permeability was suppressed by the pretreatment with cyproheptadine. Our results suggest that the purified C3a and N-truncated C3a have the characteristics of anaphylatoxins and ..
- Cutting edge: serotonin is a chemotactic factor for eosinophils and functions additively with eotaxinStefen A Boehme
La Jolla Institute for Molecular Medicine, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
J Immunol 173:3599-603. 2004..5-HT2A receptor antagonists (including MDL-100907 and cyproheptadine (CYP)) were found to inhibit 5-HT-induced, but not eotaxin-induced migration...
- Functional characterization of serotonin receptors in rat isolated aortaMaría Villazón
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, A Coruna, Spain
Biol Pharm Bull 25:584-90. 2002..10 +/- 4.00 and 57.11 +/- 8.01 nM, respectively. pK(B) values for antagonists cyproheptadine and rauwolscine were 8.92 +/- 0.22 and 7.15 +/- 0.12, respectively...
- Effects of autacoid inhibitors and of an antagonist on malaria infection in miceE O Iwalewa
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria
Braz J Med Biol Res 37:1199-204. 2004..an inhibitor of serotonin synthesis, indomethacin, an inhibitor of prostaglandin synthesis, cyproheptadine, a serotonin, bradykinin and histamine antagonist, were assessed separately and in combination with ..
- Interactive effect of histamine and prostaglandin D2 on nasal allergic symptoms in ratsAshequr Rahman
Department of Medicinal Pharmacology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tsushima naka 1 1 1, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 554:229-34. 2007..by the simultaneous application of histamine and prostaglandin D(2) were inhibited by chlorpheniramine, cyproheptadine, BW A868C and ramatroban...
- The effects of 5-HT on feeding behaviour in mianserin- or cyproheptadine-pretreated ratsJ M Mancilla-Díaz
Neurobiology of Eating Laboratory, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Fes, Iztacala, Mexico
Eat Weight Disord 8:268-73. 2003..on the feeding behaviour patterns of rats pretreated with mianserin (5-HT(1B/2A/1D receptor antagonist) or cyproheptadine (a 5-HT(2c) receptor antagonist), injected into the pariventricular hypothalamus nucleus (PVN)...
- Serotonin modulates hypothalamic neuronal activityYu Ming Kang
Department of Neurobiology, Shanxi Medical University, Taiyuan, Shanxi, People s Republic of China
Int J Neurosci 114:299-319. 2004..suggesting the effect in latter cases was elicited by a Ca2+-dependent release of neuroactive substances; (4) cyproheptadine, a non-selective 5-HT receptor antagonist, antagonized the 5-HT-induced excitatory effect in all neurons ..
- Pharmacological characterization of mouse hind paw oedema induced by Bothrops insularis (jararaca ilhoa) snake venomAna M Barbosa
Serpentário do Centro de Estudos da Natureza, Instituto de Pesquisa e Desenvolvimento, Universidade do Vale do Paraiba UNIVAP, Avenida Shishima Hifumi 2911, Urbanova, São José dos Campos 12244 000, SP, Brazil
Toxicon 42:515-23. 2003..Pretreating the mice with cyproheptadine (histamine H(1) and serotonin 5-HT(2) receptor antagonist), mepyramine (histamine H(1) receptor antagonist), L-..
- Evaluation of the cognitive, psychomotor and pharmacokinetic profiles of rupatadine, hydroxyzine and cetirizine, in combination with alcohol, in healthy volunteersManuel J Barbanoj
Centre d Investigacio de Medicaments, Institut de Recerca, Servei de Farmacologia Clinica, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, HSCSP, Departament de Farmacologia i Terapeutica, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
Hum Psychopharmacol 21:13-26. 2006..Rupatadine (RUP) is a new H(1)-antihistamine which also inhibits platelet activating factor (PAF) release in inflammatory reactions...
- Serotonergic and histaminergic mechanisms involved in intralipid drinking?Abegale W Hartfield
Laboratory of Experimental Psychology, School of Biology, University of Sussex, Brighton, BN1 9QG, UK
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 76:251-8. 2003..following pretreatment with mepyramine (H1 receptor antagonist), metergoline (5-HT(1/2) receptor antagonist), cyproheptadine (H1 and 5-HT(2A/2B/2C) and muscarinic receptor antagonist), SB 242084 (5-HT2C receptor antagonist) and an SB ..
- Pharmacological characterization of an adenylyl cyclase-coupled 5-HT receptor in aplysia: comparison with mammalian 5-HT receptorsJonathan E Cohen
Department of Pharmacology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, BRB 4 002, Baltimore 21201 1559, USA
J Neurophysiol 89:1440-55. 2003..with the following rank order of potency: methiothepin > metergoline approximately fluphenazine > clozapine > cyproheptadine approximately risperidone approximately ritanserin > NAN-190...
- Rupatadine 10 mg and cetirizine 10 mg in seasonal allergic rhinitis: a randomised, double-blind parallel studyC Martinez-Cocera
Allergology Department, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 15:22-9. 2005..5% of patients treated with rupatadine or cetirizine, respectively. The most reported AEs (67%) were mild in intensity. Our results suggest that rupatadine 10 mg may be a valuable and safe alternative for the symptomatic treatment of SAR...
- Paroxetine as a 5-HT neuroendocrine probeH Kojima
Department of Psychiatry, University of Occupational and Environmental Health School of Medicine, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyushu 807 8555, Japan
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 167:97-102. 2003..Acute administration of 40 mg paroxetine (a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) reportedly increases plasma cortisol in human subjects. This suggests that paroxetine may be a useful tool to probe brain serotonin function...
- Localization of serotonin and its possible role in early embryos of Tritonia diomedea(Mollusca: Nudibranchia)Gennady A Buznikov
Institute of Developmental Biology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Cell Tissue Res 311:259-66. 2003..Antagonists of 5-HT(2) receptors, ritanserin and cyproheptadine, as well as lipophilic derivatives of dopamine blocked cleavage divisions or distorted their normal pattern...
- Pizotyline effectively attenuates the stimulus effects of N-methyl-3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDMA)Richard Young
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Virginia Commonwealth University, Box 980540 Richmond, Virginia 23298 0540, United States
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 82:404-10. 2005..The present study attempted to antagonize the DS effects of MDMA using the nonselective agents clozapine, cyproheptadine, and pizotyline...
- Pharmacological management of treatment-induced insomnia in ADHDChristopher J Kratochvil
Department of Psychiatry, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68195 5581, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:499-501. 2005
- Evidence supporting a role of serotonin in modulation of sudden death induced by seizures in DBA/2 miceSrinivasan Tupal
Department of Pharmacology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois 62794 9629, USA
Epilepsia 47:21-6. 2006..Respiratory mechanisms are modulated, in part, by serotonin. Therefore we evaluated the effects of serotoninergic agents on RA incidence in DBA/2 mice...
- Tricyclic analogs cyclobenzaprine, amitriptyline and cyproheptadine inhibit the spinal reflex transmission through 5-HT(2) receptorsMotoko Honda
Laboratory of CNS Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagoya City University, 3 1 Tanabe dori, Mizuho ku, 467 8603, Nagoya, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 458:91-9. 2003..Interestingly, the structure of cyclobenzaprine is much similar to those of amitriptyline and cyproheptadine. In the present study, we attempted to elucidate the relationship between 5-HT(2) receptor antagonistic and ..
- Hornet sting induced systemic allergic reaction and large local reaction with bulle formation and rhabdomyolysisChi Chuan Lin
Department of Emergency Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 41:1009-11. 2003..Rhabdomyolysis developed. Treatment included corticosteroids, antihistamines, and cyproheptadine. The patient was discharged without sequellae after being hospitalized for 7 days.
- The metabolism of serotonin in neuronal cells in culture and plateletsKaneez Fatima Shad
International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences, University of Karachi, Karachi, 75270, Pakistan
Exp Brain Res 183:411-6. 2007..5-2 microM) was inhibited by serotonin receptor blockers [methysergide (IC50 = 18 microM) and cyproheptadine (IC50, 20 microM)] and calcium channel blockers (verapamil and diltiazem, IC50 = 20 and 40 microM, ..
- Influences of histamine H1 receptor antagonists on maximal electroshock seizure in infant ratsTakashi Ishikawa
Department of Medicinal Pharmacology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 1 1 1 Tsushima naka, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 30:477-80. 2007..Diphenhydramine, chlorpheniramine, cyproheptadine and ketotifen caused a dose-dependent and significant prolongation of both EEG seizure and TE seizure induced ..
- Life-threatening serotonin toxicity due to a citalopram-fluconazole drug interaction: case reports and discussionTomer T Levin
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10022, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 30:372-7. 2008..To discuss two cases of life-threatening serotonin toxicity due to a drug interaction between citalopram and fluconazole and to review the pertinent literature...
- First time, low dose citalopram use-related serotonin syndromeSuleyman Turedi
Karadeniz Technical University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine, Trabzon, Turkey
Neurotoxicology 28:1272-4. 2007..This report discusses a case of first time, low dose citalopram use-related serotonin syndrome presenting with confusion, hyperhidrosis, hyperreflexia, myoclonus and fever...
- Effects of cyproheptadine and cetirizine on eosinophilic airway inflammation in cats with experimentally induced asthmaElizabeth K Schooley
Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Am J Vet Res 68:1265-71. 2007To determine whether oral administration of cyproheptadine or cetirizine blocks the action of serotonin and histamine, respectively, and results in diminished eosinophilic airway inflammation in cats with experimentally induced asthma.
- Influence of food on the oral bioavailability of rupatadine tablets in healthy volunteers: a single-dose, randomized, open-label, two-way crossover studyAnna Solans
Pharmacokinetic and Bioanalysis Department, J Uriach y Compañía, SA, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Ther 29:900-8. 2007..Oral rupatadine has been approved for the treatment of allergic rhinitis and chronic urticaria in adults and adolescents in several European countries...
- A comparison of the pharmacokinetics of oral and sublingual cyproheptadineNarendra Gunja
Emergency Department, Westmead Hospital, Sydney, Australia
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 42:79-83. 2004b>Cyproheptadine is reported to be effective in treating serotonin syndrome. It is only available as an oral preparation and administration after SSRI overdose treated with activated charcoal is problematic...
- Role of the central nervous system in hemopoiesis regulation during experimental neurosesE G Skurikhin
Laboratory of Pathophysiology and Experimental Therapy, Group of Psychopharmacology, Institute of Pharmacology, Tomsk Research Center, Siberian Division of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences
Bull Exp Biol Med 131:33-7. 2001Pharmacological blockade of dopamine- and serotoninergic structures with haloperidol and cyproheptadine, respectively, attenuated hyperplasia of bone marrow granulocytopoiesis and erythropoiesis (cyproheptadine) caused by conflict ..
- Low-dose citalopram as a 5-HT neuroendocrine probeM J Attenburrow
University Department of Psychiatry, Warneford Hospital, Oxford, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 155:323-6. 2001..intravenous citalopram (10 mg) on two occasions receiving in addition the 5-HT2A2C receptor antagonist, cyproheptadine (4 mg orally) or placebo, 6 h before each infusion in a double-blind, randomised, cross-over design...
- The effect of a first-generation antihistamine on sputum viscoelasticity in cystic fibrosisDouglas N Homnick
Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Michigan State University, Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008, USA
J Aerosol Med 20:45-9. 2007..We studied the effects of cyproheptadine hydrochloride (CH) on sputum weight, viscoelasticity, and transportability in CF patients participating in a ..
- Effects of the 5HT antagonist cyproheptadine on neuropsychological function in chronic schizophreniaI B Chaudhry
Rossendale Hospital, Haslingden Road, Rawtenstall BB4 6NE, UK
Schizophr Res 53:17-24. 2002..We investigated the effects of cyproheptadine (a 5HT2 antagonist) on neuropsychological tests of frontal lobe functions in chronic schizophrenic patients...
- Locomotor and peripheral effects of sibutramine modulated by 5-HT2 receptorsSilvana Soriano Frassetto
Universidade Luterana do Brasil, Curso de Farmácia e Biomedicina, Av Farroupilha, 8001, Canoas, RS 92425 900, Brazil
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 84:1239-44. 2006..On the other hand, cyproheptadine antagonizes serotonin 5-HT(2A), 5-HT(2B), and 5-HT(2C), histamine H1, and muscarinic (M) receptors...
- Once-daily rupatadine improves the symptoms of chronic idiopathic urticaria: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyLouis Dubertret
Institute for Skin Research, University Paris VII, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Eur J Dermatol 17:223-8. 2007..Rupatadine decreased pruritus severity, in a dose- and time-dependent manner...
- Pharmacologic management of Cushing syndrome : new targets for therapyNicoletta Sonino
Department of Statistical Sciences, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Treat Endocrinol 4:87-94. 2005..These agents include serotonin antagonists (cyproheptadine, ketanserin, ritanserin), dopamine agonists (bromocriptine, cabergoline), GABA agonists (valproic acid [sodium ..
- The pharmacological profile of ovalbumin-induced paw oedema in ratsR F G Feitosa
Institute of Biomedicine, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, Brazil
Mediators Inflamm 11:155-63. 2002..Subcutaneous injection of dexamethasone, diphenhydramine, cyproheptadine, chlorpromazine or methysergide significantly inhibited (p < 0.05) the allergic paw oedema...
- Glucuronidation of amines and other xenobiotics catalyzed by expressed human UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 1A3M D Green
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Iowa, Iwo City, IA 52242, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 26:507-12. 1998..of primary, secondary, and tertiary amine substrates, such as 4-aminobiphenyl, diphenylamine, and cyproheptadine. In contrast to expressed human UGT1A4, which catalyzes the glucuronidation of amines with high efficiency, ..
- Effects of 5-HT uptake inhibitors, agonists and antagonists on the burying of harmless objects by mice; a putative test for anxiolytic agentsK Njung'e
Pharmaceutical Sciences Institute, Aston University, Birmingham
Br J Pharmacol 104:105-12. 1991..Burying inhibition by DOI was antagonized by ritanserin, ICI 169,369 and cyproheptadine but not by pindolol or a low (0.25 mg kg-1) dose of metergoline...
- Nature of 5-HT1-like receptors mediating depressor responses in vagosympathectomized rats; close resemblance to the cloned 5-ht7 receptorP de Vries
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 356:90-9. 1997..by '5-HT1-like' receptors since this effect is mimicked by 5-carboxamidotryptamine (5-CT), is not modified by cyproheptadine, ketanserin or MDL 72222, but it is blocked by methysergide...
- Change in intracellular Ca2+ is not involved in serotonin-induced meiosis reinitiation from the first prophase in oocytes of the marine bivalve Crassostrea gigasK Kyozuka
Asamushi Marine Biological Station, Tohoku University, Aomori, Japan
Dev Biol 182:33-41. 1997..The rank order of the potency of 5-HT antagonists to inhibit GVBD was propranolol, cyproheptadine > metoclopramide > mianserin...
- Characterization of the 5-HT receptor mediating endothelium-dependent relaxation in porcine vena cavaM J Sumner
Peripheral Pharmacology Department, Glaxo Group Research, Ware, Hertfordshire
Br J Pharmacol 102:938-42. 1991..relaxation induced by 5-HT or alpha-methyl-5-HT was antagonized by methysergide, methiothepin, cyproheptadine and metergoline, but not by ketanserin, spiperone, ondansetron, verapamil, cyanopindolol, mesulergine, ICS 205-..
- The involvement of noradrenaline, 5-hydroxytryptamine and acetylcholine in imipramine-induced seizures in miceG J Amabeoku
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Medical School, Univeristy of Zimbabwe, Avondale, Harare
Experientia 49:859-64. 1993..5-HTP, PCPA, cyproheptadine, mianserin, ketanserin and trazodone did not affect imipramine-induced seizures to any significant extent...
- Involvement of hydroxylated metabolites in amphetamine-induced hypothermia in miceG Boschi
INSERM U 26, , Paris, France
Gen Pharmacol 24:59-67. 1993..4. Neither the 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) receptor blocker, cyproheptadine, nor the 5-HT receptor agonist, quipazine, modified metabolite-induced hypothermia...
- 5,6-dimethylxanthenone-4-acetic acid (DMXAA): a new biological response modifier for cancer therapyShufeng Zhou
Division of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, University ofAuckland, New Zealand
Invest New Drugs 20:281-95. 2002..and alterations in pharmacokinetics, as reported for the combination of DMXAA with melphalan, thalidomide, cyproheptadine, and the bioreductive agent tirapazamine, in mouse models...
- Anti-oedematous action of some H1-receptor antagonistsG Blazso
Institute of Pharmacodynamics, Albert Szent Györgyi, Medical University, Szeged, Hungary
Agents Actions 42:13-8. 1994..to study the effects of orally administered H1-receptor antagonists (cetirizine, chloropyramine, clemastine, cyproheptadine, dimethindene, loratadine, mequitazine and terfenadine) on the inflammation induced with capsaicin or croton ..
- The biotransformation of nitrogen containing xenobiotics to lactamsS Vickers
Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Curr Drug Metab 1:357-89. 2000..In early studies on xenobiotic metabolism lactams were identified as metabolites of nicotine, cyproheptadine, tremorine and prolintane...
- Comparative anticholinergic activities of 10 histamine H1 receptor antagonists in two functional modelsRaymond F Orzechowski
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacology and Toxicology Division, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 506:257-64. 2005..In vitro, the rank order of anticholinergic potencies of the antihistamines was cyproheptadine>promethazine>desloratadine>diphenhydramine>loratadine>chlorpheniramine>hydroxyzine>..
- Long-term quiescence of ectopic Cushing's syndrome caused by pulmonary neuroendocrine tumor (typical carcinoid) and tumorlets: spontaneous remission or therapeutic effect of bromocriptine?G Francia
Biomedical and Surgery Science Department, University of Verona, 37134 Verona, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 29:358-62. 2006..Medical treatment with bromocriptine and cyproheptadine led to a rapid and stabile normalization of adrenal function, so that after two months cyproheptadine was ..
- Dihydroethanoanthracene derivatives reverse in vitro quinoline resistance in Plasmodium falciparum malariaMaud Henry
Unité de Recherche en Biologie et Epidémiologie Parasitaires, Institut de Medecine Tropicale du Service de Sante des Armees, Boulevard Charles Livon, Parc le Pharo, BP 46, 13998 Marseille Armees, France
Med Chem 4:426-37. 2008..was homogeneous with a rate ranging from 42% for ketotifen to 58% for reserpine, nicardipine, verapamil and cyproheptadine. The four DEAs significantly reversed 50 to 55% of the parasites resistant to MQ...
- How natural are 'natural herbal remedies'? A Saudi perspectiveMaciej J Bogusz
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Adverse Drug React Toxicol Rev 21:219-29. 2002..The purpose of this study was to assess the quality of herbal remedies present on the market in Saudi Arabia in recent years...
- Induction of mast cell accumulation, histamine release and skin edema by N49 phospholipase A2Ji Fu Wei
Clinical Experiment Center, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, PR China
BMC Immunol 10:21. 2009..Since the purification procedure developed is able to supply us with relatively large quantity of highly purified TM-N49, we investigated the ability of TM-N49 in induction of inflammation...
- Optimization by factorial design of a capillary zone electrophoresis method for the simultaneous separation of antihistaminesM Elisa Capella-Peiró
Dipartimento Scientifico e Tecnologico, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Strada Le Grazie 15, 37134 Verona, Italy
Anal Biochem 352:41-9. 2006..achieving simultaneous separation and quantification of the antihistamines brompheniramine, chlorpheniramine, cyproheptadine, diphenhydramine, doxylamine, hydroxyzine, and loratadine according to their therapeutic group...
- Pharmacological studies on the novel antiallergic agent HSR-609: its effects on behavior in mice and electroencephalograms in rabbitsM Kakiuchi
Research and Development Division, Hokuriku Seiyaku Co, Ltd, Fukui, Japan
Jpn J Pharmacol 75:43-57. 1997..On the other hand, cyproheptadine (3-30 mg/kg), ketotifen (30-100 mg/kg) and PY-608 (0...
- [Serotonin syndrome. Several cases of this often overlooked diagnosis]Jonas Höjer
Lakartidningen 99:2054-5, 2058-60. 2002..Two were treated with dantrolene sodium and one of them was given cyproheptadine as well. One patient received cyproheptadine treatment alone and another prolonged muscle relaxation...
- [Serotonin syndrome--several cases of this often overlooked diagnosis]Jonas Höjer
Giftinformationscentralen SE 171 76 Stockholm
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 122:1660-3. 2002..Two were treated with dantrolene sodium and one of them was given cyproheptadine as well. One patient received cyproheptadine treatment alone and another prolonged muscle relaxation...
- Serotonin syndrome with elevated paroxetine concentrationsLarissa I Velez
University of Texas South Western Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8579, USA
Ann Pharmacother 38:269-72. 2004..To describe a case of serotonin syndrome due to paroxetine and ethanol...
- m-CPP hypolocomotion is selectively antagonized by compounds with high affinity for 5-HT(2C) receptors but not 5-HT(2A) or 5-HT(2B) receptorsS D Gleason
The Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis 46285, USA
Behav Pharmacol 12:613-20. 2001..we investigated the effects of the non-selective serotonin antagonists, ritanserin, LY 53857, mianserin and cyproheptadine on m-CPP hypolocomotion...
- Role of sensory innervation in the rat pulmonary neutrophil recruitment induced by staphylococcal enterotoxins type A and BIvani A Desouza
Department of Pharmacology, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Eur J Pharmacol 613:128-34. 2009..b>Cyproheptadine (histamine/5-hydroxytriptamine receptor antagonist) and MD 7222 (5-HT(3) receptor antagonist) reduced SEA- and ..
- Erratum to "CNS drugs in Cushing's disease: pathophysiological and therapeutic implications for mood disorders" [Prog. Neuro-Psycol. Biol. Psychiatry, 26, 763 (2002)]Nicoletta Sonino
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, Division of Endocrinology, University of Padova, Via Ospedale 105, 35128 Padova, Italy
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 26:1011-8. 2002..g., cyproheptadine, ritanserin and ketanserin) have been employed...
- Antagonism of metergoline on the diuretic effect of cyclazocine and U-50488 drugs with a kappa agonist activityM Gavend
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, Faculte de Medecine de Grenoble, La Tronche, France
Biomed Pharmacother 47:337-44. 1993..Other 5-HT receptor blockers, methysergide, pizotifen, cyproheptadine, caused a significant degree of antagonism. In rats receiving a saline load and a water load of 5...
- Toxin-induced hyperthermic syndromesDaniel E Rusyniak
Division of Medical Toxicology, Department of Emergency Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Med Clin North Am 89:1277-96. 2005..involves discontinuing the offending agent and administering either a central serotonergic antagonist, such as cyproheptadine or chlorpromazine, a benzodiazepine, or a combination of the two...
- Doctors' knowledge of the appropriate use and route of administration of antidotes in the management of recreational drug toxicityS Lidder
Guy s and St Thomas Poisons Unit, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London SE14 5ER, UK
Emerg Med J 25:820-3. 2008Specific antidotes (eg, naloxone, flumazenil, cyproheptadine and benzodiazepines) are available for the management of certain recreational drug-induced toxicities...
- Acrivastine. A review of its pharmacological properties and therapeutic efficacy in allergic rhinitis, urticaria and related disordersR N Brogden
ADIS Drug Information Services, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 41:927-40. 1991..superior to that of placebo and similar to that of usual dosages of clemastine, hydroxyzine, chlorpheniramine, cyproheptadine or terfenadine...
- Studies on the novel antiallergic agent HSR-609: its penetration into the central nervous system in mice and guinea pigs and its selectivity for the histamine H1-receptorM Kakiuchi
Research and Development Division, Hokuriku Seiyaku Co, Ltd, Fukui, Japan
Jpn J Pharmacol 73:291-8. 1997..The ID50/ED50 ratio of HSR-609 was much larger than those of cyproheptadine, ketotifen and PY-608 and larger than those of terfenadine and cetirizine...
- Mast cell degranulation induced by two phospholipase A2 homologues: dissociation between enzymatic and biological activitiesE C Landucci
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, UNICAMP, Campinas SP, Brazil
Eur J Pharmacol 343:257-63. 1998..were largely reduced in animals pretreated with the histamine/5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) receptor antagonist cyproheptadine (2 mg/kg, i.p. 0.5 h before)...
- Induction of microvascular leakage and histamine release by promutoxin, an Arg49 phospholipase A2Ji Fu Wei
Clinical Experiment Center, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, 300 Guangzhou Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210029, PR China
Toxicon 55:888-96. 2010..b>Cyproheptadine, terfenadine, Ginkgolide B and heparin inhibited promutoxin elicited microvascular leakage when they were co-..
- PHENCYCLIDINE: A BEHAVIORAL AND NEUROCHEMICAL STUDYHerbert Meltzer; Fiscal Year: 1980..Alpha-Adrenergic (phenoxybenzamine) and 5-HT antagonists (Cinnanserin, cyproheptadine) also primarily affected an increase in PCP ataxia...
- ARRHYTHMOGENIC ACTIONS OF ANTIHISTAMINESRaymond Woosley; Fiscal Year: 1999..to systematically evaluate in vitro the arrhythmogenic potential of selected first generation antihistamines (cyproheptadine, hydroxyzine, promethazine, chlorpheniramine, phenindamine and clemastine) alone and combined with drugs ..
- PROCESSING OF PROINSULIN/INSULIN BY B-CELL ORGANELLESPhilippe Halban; Fiscal Year: 1993..NEM (N-ethylmaleimide) prevents fusion of transport vesicles with their target organelle. Cyproheptadine leads to accumulation of material in dilated cisternae of the RER. 2...
- INTEGRATIVE NEUROBIOLOGY OF ALCOHOL WITHDRAWAL SEIZURESCarl Faingold; Fiscal Year: 2002..We expect these approaches to yield novel insights into the neurobiological mechanisms controlling seizure susceptibility during ethanol withdrawal and suggest improved approaches to the therapy of alcoholism. ..
- MITOCHONDRIAL DNA ANALYSIS IN CYCLIC VOMITING SYNDROMERichard Boles; Fiscal Year: 2002..An extensive amount of clinical and laboratory data will be collected in all patients, allowing for the comparison of CVS sufferers with and without mtDNA mutations. ..
- Society for the Stimulus Properties of Drugs SatelliteEllen Walker; Fiscal Year: 2005..The SSPD Satellite to the EBPS 2005 Conference promises to coordinate, exchange, and disseminate information to further our understanding of drug abuse. ..
- 5-HT2A RECEPTOR STRUCTURE: AN INTEGRATED APPROACHRichard Westkaemper; Fiscal Year: 2006..This is one of the first times that a combined approach, utilizing receptor modeling, model-specific ligand design, and model-directed mutagenesis, has been applied to 5-HT receptors. ..
- Behavioral Pharmacology of Serotonin Inverse AgoinstsEllen Walker; Fiscal Year: 2006..Taken together, these experiments will provide a novel pharmacological and/or behavioral profile for 5-HT2C inverse agonists and neutral antagonists while testing hypotheses generated from in vitro data. ..
- Pharmacological Treatment of ADHD in Young ChildrenChristopher Kratochvil; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..