Genomes and Genes
Summary: Immunologic adjuvant and sensitizing agent.
Publications217 found, 100 shown here
- CD4+ Th1 and CD8+ type 1 cytotoxic T cells both play a crucial role in the full development of contact hypersensitivityB Wang
Division of Dermatology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Science Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 165:6783-90. 2000..Mice lacking either CD4(+) or CD8(+) T cells demonstrated depressed CHS responses to dinitrofluorobenzene and oxazolone compared with wild-type C57BL/6 mice...
- B cells are not required for T cell priming in low zone tolerance to contact allergens and contact hypersensitivityWolfgang Seidel-Guyenot
Department of Dermatology, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Eur J Immunol 34:3082-90. 2004....
- Essential role of CCR6 in directing activated T cells to the skin during contact hypersensitivityTimothy J Paradis
Department of Immunology, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Groton, Connecticut 06340, USA
J Invest Dermatol 128:628-33. 2008..Here, we report that mice sensitized with the hapten oxazolone had increased numbers of CCR6+ T cells in the draining lymph nodes...
- 3,3'-Diindolylmethane alleviates oxazolone-induced colitis through Th2/Th17 suppression and Treg inductionZhen Huang
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
Mol Immunol 53:335-44. 2013..The therapeutic effects of DIM were studied in an oxazolone-induced colitis model...
- Oxazolone colitis, a Th2 colitis model resembling ulcerative colitis, is mediated by IL-13-producing NK-T cellsFrank Heller
Mucosal Immunity Section, Laboratory of Clinical Investigation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Immunity 17:629-38. 2002b>Oxazolone colitis (OC) is an experimental colitis that has a histologic resemblance to human ulcerative colitis...
- Liver X receptor activators display anti-inflammatory activity in irritant and allergic contact dermatitis models: liver-X-receptor-specific inhibition of inflammation and primary cytokine productionAshley J Fowler
Department of Dermatology, University of California, San Francisco, USA
J Invest Dermatol 120:246-55. 2003..Both ear thickness and weight increased (approximately 1.5-fold) in the oxazolone-induced allergic dermatitis model, and 22ROH and GW3965 reduced inflammation by approximately 50% and ..
- Effect of peptide fragment size on the propensity of cyclization in collision-induced dissociation: oligoglycine b(2)-b(8)Xian Chen
Department of Chemistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611, USA
J Am Chem Soc 131:18272-82. 2009..insights from these results yield compelling evidence that smaller b(n) fragments (n = 2, 3) exclusively adopt oxazolone-type structures, whereas a mixture of oxazolone and macrocycle b fragment structures are formed for midsized b(n)..
- IL-13 signaling through the IL-13alpha2 receptor is involved in induction of TGF-beta1 production and fibrosisStefan Fichtner-Feigl
Mucosal Immunity Section, Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Building 10 CRC 5W3864, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Med 12:99-106. 2006..In vivo, we found that prevention of IL-13Ralpha(2) expression reduced production of TGF-beta(1) in oxazolone-induced colitis and that prevention of IL-13Ralpha(2) expression, Il13ra2 gene silencing or blockade of IL-..
- T cell- and B cell-independent adaptive immunity mediated by natural killer cellsJacqueline G O'Leary
The CBR Institute for Biomedical Research and Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Immunol 7:507-16. 2006..T cells and B cells demonstrated substantial contact hypersensitivity responses to 2,4-dinitrofluorobenzene and oxazolone. Those responses were adaptive in nature, as they persisted for at least 4 weeks and were elicited only by ..
- Reduced oxazolone-induced skin inflammation in MAPKAP kinase 2 knockout miceAnne T Funding
Department of Dermatology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
J Invest Dermatol 129:891-8. 2009..This study investigates for the first time the role of MK2 in skin inflammation using the model of oxazolone-induced acute allergic contact dermatitis in mice...
- Oxidative DNA damage associated with combination of guanine and superoxide radicals and repair mechanisms via radical trappingRichard Misiaszek
Chemistry Department and Radiation and Solid State Laboratory, New York University, New York, New York 10003 5180, USA
J Biol Chem 279:32106-15. 2004..The mechanistic aspects of the radical reactions that either regenerate undamaged guanine in DNA or lead to oxidatively modified guanine bases are discussed...
- Immune sensitization in the skin is enhanced by antigen-independent effects of IgEPaul J Bryce
Division of Immunology, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115 USA
Immunity 20:381-92. 2004..We speculate that levels of IgE normally present in mice favor immune sensitization via antigen-independent but FcepsilonRI-dependent effects on mast cells...
- FTY720 ameliorates oxazolone colitis in mice by directly affecting T helper type 2 functionsCarolin Daniel
First Department of Internal Medicine, JWG University of Frankfurt am Main, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Mol Immunol 44:3305-16. 2007..Therefore, we studied the effect of FTY720 in T helper type (Th2)-mediated oxazolone-induced colitis in mice...
- Genetic ablation of PARP-1 protects against oxazolone-induced contact hypersensitivity by modulating oxidative stressAttila Brunyánszki
Department of Medical Chemistry, University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Center, Debrecen, Hungary
J Invest Dermatol 130:2629-37. 2010..CHS) reaction is a form of delayed-type of hypersensitivity caused by contact allergens such as oxazolone (OXA)...
- Filaggrin deficiency confers a paracellular barrier abnormality that reduces inflammatory thresholds to irritants and haptensTiffany C Scharschmidt
Department of Dermatology, Dermatology Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of California, San Francisco, Calif 94121, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 124:496-506, 506.e1-6. 2009..Yet additional acquired stressors might be necessary because the same mutations can result in a noninflammatory disorder, ichthyosis vulgaris...
- Characterization of a hapten-induced, murine model with multiple features of atopic dermatitis: structural, immunologic, and biochemical changes following single versus multiple oxazolone challengesMao Qiang Man
Dermatology Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and Department of Dermatology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
J Invest Dermatol 128:79-86. 2008..Here, 9-10 challenges with oxazolone (Ox) to hairless mice also produced a chronic Th2-like HR...
- Exacerbation of oxazolone colitis by infection with the helminth Hymenolepis diminuta: involvement of IL-5 and eosinophilsArthur Wang
Gastrointestinal Research Group, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Am J Pathol 177:2850-9. 2010Substantial data show that infection with helminth parasites ameliorates colitis; however, oxazolone-induced colitis is exaggerated in mice infected with the tapeworm, Hymenolepis diminuta...
- Effect of ginsenoside Rb1 and compound K in chronic oxazolone-induced mouse dermatitisYong Wook Shin
College of Pharmacy, Kyung Hee University, 1, Hoegi, Dongdaemun ku, Seoul 130 701, South Korea
Int Immunopharmacol 5:1183-91. 2005..program to discover antipsoriatic agents from natural products, ginseng was found to show inhibitory activity in oxazolone-induced mouse ear dermatitis...
- IRMPD spectroscopy shows that AGG forms an oxazolone b2+ ionSung Hwan Yoon
Department of Chemistry, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
J Am Chem Soc 130:17644-5. 2008..experimental spectrum for the b(2)(+) ion from protonated AGG matches best to the theoretical spectrum for an oxazolone structure protonated on the ring nitrogen...
- Spectroscopic evidence for an oxazolone structure of the b(2) fragment ion from protonated tri-alanineJos Oomens
FOM Institute for Plasma Physics Rijnhuizen, Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 20:334-9. 2009..Instead, comparison of the IRMPD spectrum of b(2)(+) to spectra predicted by density functional theory provides compelling evidence for an oxazolone structure protonated at the oxazolone N-atom.
- Mast cells regulate the magnitude and the cytokine microenvironment of the contact hypersensitivity responseM Ursula Norman
Immunology Research Group, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, T2N 4N1, Canada
Am J Pathol 172:1638-49. 2008..CS in both W/Wv mast cell-deficient and wild-type mice in response to different immunizing doses of hapten (oxazolone)...
- Anti-inflammatory effect of 1-methylnicotinamide in contact hypersensitivity to oxazolone in mice; involvement of prostacyclinKrzysztof Bryniarski
Department of Immunology Jagiellonian University Medical College, Krakow, Poland
Eur J Pharmacol 578:332-8. 2008..effects of MNA and its parent molecule, nicotinamide, in the contact hypersensitivity reaction to oxazolone in CBA/J inbred mice...
- Oxazolone versus macrocycle structures for Leu-enkephalin b2-b4: insights from infrared multiple-photon dissociation spectroscopy and gas-phase hydrogen/deuterium exchangeXian Chen
Department of Chemistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611 7200, USA
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 21:1313-21. 2010..Infrared spectroscopy reveals that b(2) exclusively adopts oxazolone structures, protonated at the N-terminus and at the oxazolone ring N, based on the presence and absence of ..
- Opposite effects of substance P and calcitonin gene-related peptide in oxazolone colitisMatthias A Engel
Institute of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Dig Liver Dis 44:24-9. 2012..SP levels increase whilst CGRP levels decrease in colon specimens from patients with inflammatory bowel disease; thus suggesting the pro- and anti-inflammatory roles, respectively, of these neuropeptides...
- A DNA oligomer containing 2,2,4-triamino-5(2H)-oxazolone is incised by human NEIL1 and NTH1Katsuhito Kino
Kagawa School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tokushima Bunri University, 1314 1 Shido, Sanuki, Kagawa 769 2193, Japan
Mutat Res 734:73-7. 2012The nucleobase derivative, 2,2,4-triamino-5(2H)-oxazolone (Oz), is an oxidation product of guanine or of 8-oxo-7,8-dihydroguanine that causes G-to-C transversions in DNA...
- Local and systemic effects of co-stimulatory blockade using cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen-4-immunoglobulin in dinitrofluorobenzene- and oxazolone-induced contact hypersensitivity in miceA D Christensen
Experimental Immunology Group, Department of Immunopharmacology, Novo Nordisk A S, Måløv, Denmark
Clin Exp Immunol 171:220-30. 2013..We observed a dose-dependent suppression of the ear swelling in both dinitrofluorobenzene (DNFB)- and oxazolone-induced CHS...
- STAT6 deficiency ameliorates severity of oxazolone colitis by decreasing expression of claudin-2 and Th2-inducing cytokinesMichael J Rosen
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Immunol 190:1849-58. 2013..In this study, we investigated the role of STAT6 in oxazolone colitis, a murine model of UC, by inducing colitis in STAT6-deficient (STAT6(-/-)) and wild type (WT) mice...
- Synthesis of novel azo compounds containing 5(4H)-oxazolone ring as potent tyrosinase inhibitorsHooshang Hamidian
Department of Chemistry, Payame Noor University, PO Box 19395 3697, Tehran, Iran
Bioorg Med Chem 21:2088-92. 2013Six new azo dyes containing of 5(4H)-oxazolone ring were prepared by diazotization of 4-aminohippuric acid and coupling with N,N-dimethylaniline, 1-naphthol and 2-naphthol and condensation with 4-fluoro benzaldehyde or 4-trifluoromethoxy ..
- Quantitation of four guanine oxidation products from reaction of DNA with varying doses of peroxynitriteHongbin Yu
Biological Engineering Division, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Room 56 731A, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 18:1849-57. 2005..8-oxodG), 2,2-diamino-4[(2-deoxy-beta-d-erythro-pentafuranosyl)amino]-5(2H)-oxazolone (oxazolone), spiroiminodihydantoin, and N1-(beta-d-erythro-pentofuranosyl)-5-guanidinohydantoin (..
- In vitro differentiation of skin sensitizers by cell signaling pathwaysL M Koeper
Bayer HealthCare AG, Toxicology, Aprather Weg, D 42096, Wuppertal, Germany
Toxicology 242:144-52. 2007..skin models (epidermal model EST-1000 and full-thickness model AST-2000) were exposed to sensitizing (oxazolone and DNFB) or irritant compounds (SDS and TritonX-100)...
- Oral administration of glucosylceramide ameliorates inflammatory dry-skin condition in chronic oxazolone-induced irritant contact dermatitis in the mouse earMijung Yeom
Acupuncture and Meridian Science Research Center, Kyung Hee University, Hoegi dong, Dongdaemoon gu, Seoul 130 702, Republic of Korea
J Dermatol Sci 67:101-10. 2012..A major characteristic of chronic ICD is an inflammatory dry-skin condition with associated itching. Although glucosylceramide (GlcCer) is known to improve the skin barrier function, its mechanism of action is unknown...
- Induction of oxazolone-mediated features of atopic dermatitis in NOD-scid IL2Rγ(null) mice engrafted with human peripheral blood mononuclear cellsThomas Nolte
Institute of Molecular Animal Breeding and Biotechnology, and Laboratory for Functional Genome Analysis, Gene Center, LMU Munich, 81377 Munich, Germany
Dis Model Mech 6:125-34. 2013..Here, we examine the induction of oxazolone-mediated features of atopic dermatitis (AD) in NOD-scid IL2Rγ(null) mice engrafted with human peripheral blood ..
- Biomechanical changes in oxazolone-induced colitis in BALB/C miceJian Yang
Mech Sense, Aalborg Hospital Science and Innovation Centre AHSIC, Aalborg Hospital, Sdr Skovvej 15, DK 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
J Biomech 42:811-7. 2009..The aim was to study acute morphological and biomechanical properties of the distal colon in oxazolone-induced UC in BALB/C mice. Six normal male BALB/C mice and 10 oxazolone-induced UC mice were studied...
- Evidence of diketopiperazine and oxazolone structures for HA b2+ ionBrittany R Perkins
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
J Am Chem Soc 131:17528-9. 2009Peptide fragmentation can lead to an oxazolone or diketopiperazine b(2)(+) ion structure...
- Administration of Ag85B showed therapeutic effects to Th2-type cytokine-mediated acute phase atopic dermatitis by inducing regulatory T cellsHitoshi Mori
Department of Dermatology, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Arch Dermatol Res 301:151-7. 2009..the effect of plasmid DNA encoding Ag85B derived from Mycobacterium kansasii on AD skin lesions induced by oxazolone (OX) application...
- Fragmentation of deprotonated N-benzoylpeptides: formation of deprotonated oxazolonesAlex G Harrison
Department of Chemistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 15:446-56. 2004..This observation is rationalized in terms of formation of deprotonated 2-phenyl-5-oxazolone. Various pathways to the deprotonated oxazolone have been elucidated through MS3 experiments...
- Mast cell-derived tumor necrosis factor can promote nerve fiber elongation in the skin during contact hypersensitivity in miceMaki Kakurai
Department of Pathology, L 235, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Dr, Stanford, CA 94305 5324, USA
Am J Pathol 169:1713-21. 2006..We found that contact hypersensitivity reactions to oxazolone in mice were associated with significant increases in the length of nerves in the epidermis and dermis...
- The effects of ginsenoside Re and its metabolite, ginsenoside Rh1, on 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol 13-acetate- and oxazolone-induced mouse dermatitis modelsYong Wook Shin
College of Pharmacy, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
Planta Med 72:376-8. 2006..and its metabolite, ginsenoside Rh1, were investigated in 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol 13-acetate (TPA)- and oxazolone-induced mouse ear dermatitis models...
- Increased and prolonged inflammation and angiogenesis in delayed-type hypersensitivity reactions elicited in the skin of thrombospondin-2--deficient miceBernhard Lange-Asschenfeldt
Cutaneous Biology Research Center, Department of Dermatology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Blood 99:538-45. 2002..were elicited in the ear skin of wild-type and TSP-2-deficient mice by topical sensitization and challenge with oxazolone. Cutaneous TSP-2 expression was up-regulated in the inflamed skin of wild-type mice, predominantly in dermal ..
- The traditional herbal medicine saireito exerts its inhibitory effect on murine oxazolone-induced colitis via the induction of Th1-polarized immune responses in the mucosal immune system of the colonTetsuo Watanabe
Division of Gastrointestinal Pathophysiology, Institute of Natural Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 151:98-106. 2010..We analyzed the immunological characteristics of an oxazolone (OXZ)-induced colitis (OC) model and examined the effects of sareito on this model.
- Abrogation of high-affinity IgE receptor-mediated mast cell activation at the effector phase prevents contact hypersensitivity to oxazoloneMaiko Kobayashi
Division of Molecular Cell Immunology and Allergology, Advanced Medical Research Center, Department of Dermatology, Nihon University Graduate School of Medical Science, 30 1 Oyaguchikami cho Itabashi ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 130:725-31. 2010..that optimal MC activation through the FcepsilonRI beta-chain ITAM has essential roles in the onset of CHS to oxazolone (Oxa), a well-characterized chemical allergen...
- Nanoparticles enhance therapeutic efficiency by selectively increased local drug dose in experimental colitis in ratsAlf Lamprecht
Laboratory of Biopharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Engineering, University of Franche Comte, Besancon, France
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 315:196-202. 2005..treatment by free drug was not different from colitis control in both 2,4,6-trinitrobenzenesulfonic acid and oxazolone colitis model...
- Topically applied diterpenoids from Egletes viscosa (Asteraceae) attenuate the dermal inflammation in mouse ear induced by tetradecanoylphorbol 13-acetate- and oxazoloneIana Bantim Felício Calou
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
Biol Pharm Bull 31:1511-6. 2008..effectively inhibited the delayed-type hypersensitivity reaction induced by repeated topical application of 1% oxazolone (OXA, 20 microl/ear), as evidenced by significant decreases in ear thickness and interferon-gamma (INF-gamma) ..
- Analysis of immunoglobulin (Ig) isotype diversity and IgM/D memory in the response to phenyl-oxazoloneH White
Department of Molecular Immunology, Institute of Child Health, London WC1N 1EH, United Kingdom
J Exp Med 191:2209-20. 2000..method, we have carried out a survey of the diversification of the isotype in a splenic response to phenyl-oxazolone (phOx) on a chicken serum albumin carrier...
- Reduced recruitment of inflammatory cells in a contact hypersensitivity response in P-selectin-deficient miceM Subramaniam
Center for Blood Research, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Exp Med 181:2277-82. 1995The inflammatory response at sites of contact hypersensitivity induced by oxazolone was examined in the ears of P-selectin-deficient and wild-type mice...
- The effects of olopatadine hydrochloride on the number of scratching induced by repeated application of oxazolone in miceTadafumi Tamura
Pharmaceutical Research Center, Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co, Ltd, Nagaizumi cho, Sunto gun, Shizuoka, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 524:149-54. 2005..investigated the possible efficacy of olopatadine on the number of scratching induced by repeated application of oxazolone in BALB/c mice...
- Inhibition of delayed-type contact hypersensitivity in mice deficient in both E-selectin and P-selectinN D Staite
Pharmacia and Upjohn Inc, Kalamazoo, MI 49001, USA
Blood 88:2973-9. 1996..b>Oxazolone-induced increases in ear thickness and ear weight were equivalent in wild-type mice and in P-selectin and E-..
- Quantitative analysis of the oxidative DNA lesion, 2,2-diamino-4-(2-deoxy-beta-D-erythro-pentofuranosyl)amino]-5(2H)-oxazolone (oxazolone), in vitro and in vivo by isotope dilution-capillary HPLC-ESI-MS/MSBrock Matter
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Minnesota Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 34:5449-60. 2006A major DNA oxidation product, 2,2-diamino-4-[(2-deoxy-beta-D-erythro-pentofuranosyl)amino]-5(2H)-oxazolone (oxazolone), can be generated either directly by oxidation of dG or as a secondary oxidation product with an intermediate of 8-..
- Oxazolone-induced colitis in BALB/C mice: a new method to evaluate the efficacy of therapeutic agents for ulcerative colitisRyotaro Kojima
Research Laboratories, Nisshin Kyorin Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Iruma gun, Saitama, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 96:307-13. 2004..In recent years, the murine oxazolone (OXA)-induced colitis model came to be accepted as a Th-2 type model, but it has yet to be used in any ..
- Effects of olopatadine hydrochloride, an antihistamine drug, on skin inflammation induced by repeated topical application of oxazolone in miceT Tamura
Pharmaceutical Research Center, Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co Ltd, 1188 Shimotogari, Nagaizumi cho, Sunto gun, Shizuoka 411 8731, Japan
Br J Dermatol 151:1133-42. 2004..Olopatadine hydrochloride (olopatadine) is one of the second-generation antihistamines, which is prescribed for allergic disorders such as rhinitis, urticaria and eczema dermatitis...
- Oxazolone-induced murine model of ulcerative colitisXuan Wang
Department of Gastroenterology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Chin J Dig Dis 5:165-8. 2004..The aim of the present study was to set up an oxazolone-induced murine colitis model and use it to research the pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease.
- L-selectin or ICAM-1 deficiency reduces an immediate-type hypersensitivity response by preventing mast cell recruitment in repeated elicitation of contact hypersensitivityYuka Shimada
Department of Dermatology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa, Japan
J Immunol 170:4325-34. 2003....
- Interleukin 5 plays an essential role in elicitation of contact sensitivity through dual effects on eosinophils and B-1 cellsAtsuko Itakura
Division of Immunology, Department of Immunology and Microbiology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 140:8-16. 2006..In this study, we investigated the role of interleukin (IL)-5, which has broad effects on both eosinophils and B-1 cells, in elicitation of CS...
- Inhibitory effect of ginsenoside Rg5 and its metabolite ginsenoside Rh3 in an oxazolone-induced mouse chronic dermatitis modelYong Wook Shin
College of Pharmacy, Kyung Hee University, 1, Hoegi, Dongdaemun ku, Seoul 130 701, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 29:685-90. 2006..Ginsenosides Rg5 and Rh3 suppressed swelling of oxazolone-induced mouse ear contact dermatitis...
- Peroxynitrite production, DNA breakage, and poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase activation in a mouse model of oxazolone-induced contact hypersensitivityE Szabo
Inotek Corporation, Beverly, Massachusetts, USA
J Invest Dermatol 117:74-80. 2001..detected nitrotyrosine, DNA breakage, and poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase activation in the epidermis of mice in an oxazolone-induced contact hypersensitivity model...
- Absence of CCR4 exacerbates skin inflammation in an oxazolone-induced contact hypersensitivity modelSari Lehtimäki
Unit of Excellence for Immunotoxicology, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki, Finland
J Invest Dermatol 130:2743-51. 2010..We studied the effects of CCR4 deficiency in the murine model of oxazolone-induced contact hypersensitivity in CCR4-/- and wild-type (WT) mice...
- Murine atopic dermatitis responds to peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors alpha and beta/delta (but not gamma) and liver X receptor activatorsYutaka Hatano
Dermatology Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 125:160-9.e1-5. 2010..Additionally, some of these activators exhibit potent antihyperplastic and anti-inflammatory activity in irritant contact dermatitis and acute allergic contact dermatitis murine models...
- Oxazolone-induced enterocolitis in zebrafish depends on the composition of the intestinal microbiotaSylvia Brugman
Laboratory of Pediatrics, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Gastroenterology 137:1757-67.e1. 2009..Interactions between host cells and bacteria are complicated, making it a challenge to assess their relative contribution to intestinal pathology. We developed a zebrafish model of enterocolitis to study these interactions...
- NMR, mass spectrometry and chemical evidence reveal a different chemical structure for methanobactin that contains oxazolone ringsLee A Behling
Chemistry Department, University of Wisconsin Eau Claire, Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54702, USA
J Am Chem Soc 130:12604-5. 2008..Our data also indicate that oxazolone rings instead of hydroxyimidazolate rings form the core of the two chromophoric residues...
- Maintenance of an acidic stratum corneum prevents emergence of murine atopic dermatitisYutaka Hatano
Dermatology Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
J Invest Dermatol 129:1824-35. 2009..of the polyhydroxyl acid, lactobionic acid, during the repeated-challenge phase inhibited the development of oxazolone-induced atopic dermatitis (AD)...
- Topical peroxisome proliferator activated receptor-alpha activators reduce inflammation in irritant and allergic contact dermatitis modelsMary Y Sheu
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, California, USA
J Invest Dermatol 118:94-101. 2002....
- Allergic rhinitis induced by intranasal sensitization and challenge with trimellitic anhydride but not with dinitrochlorobenzene or oxazolone in A/J miceAimen K Farraj
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Center for Integrative Toxicology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
Toxicol Sci 79:315-25. 2004..known chemical respiratory allergen TMA, but not the nonrespiratory sensitizers dinitrochlorobenzene (DNCB) and oxazolone (OXA), will induce characteristic features of LMW chemical-induced allergic airway disease in the nasal and ..
- Immunological competence in Snell-Bagg pituitary dwarf mice: response to the contact-sensitizing agent oxazoloneG B Schneider
Am J Anat 145:371-93. 1976..Therefore, this investigation was undertaken to study the response of dwarf mice to the hapten, oxazolone, which produces one type of T-cell-dependent response, delayed hypersensitivity, and to compare this response to ..
- Restriction-PCR fingerprinting of the immunoglobulin VH repertoire: direct detection of an immune response and global analysis of B cell clonalityH N White
University College London, Department of Oncology and Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Tumour Immunology Unit, GB
Eur J Immunol 28:3268-79. 1998..Res-PCR is a rapid and revealing method which will allow analysis of the complexity and sequence composition of the B cell immunoglobulin repertoire and so perhaps better define the B cell memory compartment and immune responses in vivo...
- Evidence for a novel protective role of the vanilloid TRPV1 receptor in a cutaneous contact allergic dermatitis modelAgnes Bánvölgyi
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Pecs, H 7624 Pecs, Szigeti u 12, Hungary
J Neuroimmunol 169:86-96. 2005..b>Oxazolone-induced ACD evoked a significant ear swelling after 24-72 h...
- Cellular dynamics in the draining lymph nodes during sensitization and elicitation phases of contact hypersensitivityJeppe Madura Larsen
Section of Experimental Immunology, Department of International Health, Immunology and Microbiology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, DK 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact Dermatitis 57:300-8. 2007....
- Expression of chemokine receptor CCR4 and its ligands (CCL17 and CCL22) in murine contact hypersensitivityMayumi Kusumoto
Department of Environmental Medicine, Kagoshima University School of Medicine, and Department of Medicine, Kagoshima Seikyo Hospital, Japan
J Interferon Cytokine Res 27:901-10. 2007..study, we investigated the expression of CCR4, CCL17, and CCL22 in a mouse model of contact hypersensitivity to oxazolone. Contact sensitization to oxazolone increased the proportions of memory CD4+ T cells in the draining lymph nodes,..
- A critical role of CD30 ligand/CD30 in controlling inflammatory bowel diseases in miceXun Sun
Division of Host Defense, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Gastroenterology 134:447-58. 2008..In this study, we investigated the role of CD30L in oxazolone (OXA)- and trinitrobenzene sulfonic acid (TNBS)-induced colitis in CD30L knockout (KO) mice.
- CD1d and CD1d-restricted iNKT-cells play a pivotal role in contact hypersensitivityEdward E S Nieuwenhuis
Gastrointestinal Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Exp Dermatol 14:250-8. 2005..Thus, pharmacologic antagonists of CD1d can be used as effective inhibitors of CHS, a prototype for a variety of delayed-type tissue hypersensitivity responses...
- Regulatory cells induced by feeding TNP-haptenated colonic protein cross-protect mice from colitis induced by an unrelated haptenMonica Boirivant
Department of Infectious, Parasitic and Immune Mediated Diseases Istituto Superiore di Sanità, Roma, Italy
Inflamm Bowel Dis 11:48-55. 2005..we reasoned that TNP-HCP feeding would also "cross-protect" mice from colitis induced by a different hapten, oxazolone. Indeed, we found that feeding TNP-HCP protected mice from the development of oxazolone-colitis, albeit to a ..
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor PTK787/ZK 222584 inhibits both the induction and elicitation phases of contact hypersensitivityAisaku Yamamoto
Department of Dermatology, Showa University School of Medicine, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Dermatol 34:419-29. 2007..These findings and previous demonstrations suggest that both VEGF R-1 and VEGF R-2 are needed during the induction phase, and that VEGFR-2 has a pivotal role in the elicitation phase of the CHS reaction...
- Normal lymphatic development and function in mice deficient for the lymphatic hyaluronan receptor LYVE-1Nicholas W Gale
MRC Human Immunology Unit, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DS, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 27:595-604. 2007..of cutaneous CD11c(+) dendritic cells to draining lymph nodes via afferent lymphatics and normal resolution of oxazolone-induced skin inflammation...
- Involvement of the cannabinoid CB2 receptor and its endogenous ligand 2-arachidonoylglycerol in oxazolone-induced contact dermatitis in miceSaori Oka
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Teikyo University, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 199 0195, Japan
J Immunol 177:8796-805. 2006..We found that the level of 2-AG was markedly elevated in the ear following a challenge with oxazolone in sensitized mice...
- Antigen-specific immunoglobulin E+ B cells are preferentially localized within germinal centresKathleen A Kelly
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Geffen School of Medicine at University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Immunology 120:345-53. 2007..Taken together, these data highlight the importance of GCs in the production of antigen-specific IgE antibody...
- Evaluation of an ex vivo murine local lymph node assay: multiple endpoint comparisonJoseph R Piccotti
Worldwide Safety Sciences, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
J Appl Toxicol 26:333-40. 2006..In the current study, BALB/c mice were treated with the contact sensitizers hexylcinnamic aldehyde (HCA) and oxazolone, and the nonsensitizer methyl salicylate...
- Targeting effector memory T cells with the small molecule Kv1.3 blocker PAP-1 suppresses allergic contact dermatitisPhilippe Azam
Department of Medical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Invest Dermatol 127:1419-29. 2007..accordance with its selective effect on T(EM) cells, PAP-1 did not impair sensitization, but potently suppressed oxazolone-induced inflammation by inhibiting the infiltration of CD8+ T cells and reducing the production of the ..
- Helminth infection enhances disease in a murine TH2 model of colitisMeaghan M Hunter
Intestinal Disease Research Programme, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Gastroenterology 132:1320-30. 2007..Here the ability of the rat tapeworm Hymenolepis diminuta to affect the course of oxazolone-induced colitis (a TH2 model) was assessed.
- Immune sensitization in the skin is enhanced by antigen-independent effects of IgE on mast cellsPaul J Bryce
Division of Immunology, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Novartis Found Symp 271:15-24; discussion 24-38, 95-9. 2005..wild-type skin after hapten exposure. We propose that levels of IgE normally present in mice favour immune sensitization via antigen-independent effects on mast cells...
- Phase-dependent roles of E-selectin during chronic contact hypersensitivity responsesTomoyuki Fujita
Department of Dermatology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, 13 1 Takaramachi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920 8641, Japan
Am J Pathol 170:1649-58. 2007..Elicitation with oxazolone on the ears of P-selectin(-/-) mice 7 days after the sensitization induced a typical delayed-type ..
- Induction of regulatory T cells by leflunomide in a murine model of contact allergen sensitivityBenno Weigmann
Clinical Research Unit Allergology, Department of Dermatology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 126:1524-33. 2006..allergic response induced in mice by epicutaneous application of the haptens dinitrofluorobenzene (DNFB) and oxazolone. The extent of ear swelling remained significantly reduced following repeated challenge with DNFB for up to 18 ..
- Toll-like receptor ligands reverse suppression of contact hypersensitivity reactions induced by epicutaneous immunization with protein antigenWłodzimierz Ptak
Department of Immunology, Jagiellonian University College of Medicine, Krakow, Poland
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 139:188-200. 2006..The aim of this work was to test if EC application of Toll-like receptor (TLR) ligands together with protein antigen could reverse suppression of CS...
- T cells specific to hapten carrier but not to carrier alone assist in the production of anti-hapten and anti-carrier antibodiesTakeyuki Shimizu
Division of Structural Immunology, Research Institute for Biological Sciences, Tokyo University of Science, Yamazaki 2669, Noda, Chiba 278 0022, Japan
Int Immunol 19:1157-64. 2007..Therefore, we proposed a new model in which anti-hapten B cells are assisted by T cells specific to the haptenated carrier...
- Galanin expression in a murine model of allergic contact dermatitisHusameldin El-Nour
Unit of Dermatology and Venereology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Derm Venereol 84:428-32. 2004..Female BALB/c mice were sensitized with oxazolone and 6 days later challenged on the dorsal surface of ears, while control mice received vehicle...
- Impaired dendritic-cell homing in vivo in the absence of Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome proteinSofia de Noronha
Molecular Immunology Unit, Institute of Child Health, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Blood 105:1590-7. 2005..In vivo in both fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC) and oxazolone contact hypersensitivity models, WASp-null Langerhans cell (LC) migration was compromised, as judged by exit ..
- The intensity of neutrophil infiltration controls the number of antigen-primed CD8 T cells recruited into cutaneous antigen challenge sitesTara Engeman
Department of Immunology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio, USA
J Leukoc Biol 76:941-9. 2004..primed to one antigen (dinitrofluorobenzene) into the site when challenged with a completely different antigen (oxazolone)...
- Effect of protease-activated receptor-2 deficiency on allergic dermatitis in the mouse earJunichi Kawagoe
Tokyo Research Laboratories, Pharmaceutical Division, Kowa Company Ltd, Higashimurayama, Japan
Jpn J Pharmacol 88:77-84. 2002..Ear thickness, contact hypersensitivity (CH) induced by topical application of picryl chloride (PC) or oxazolone (Ox) after sensitization, and vascular permeability after ear passive cutaneous anaphylaxis (PCA) were compared ..
- Stimulatory effects of B7-related protein-1 on cellular and humoral immune responses in miceJ Guo
Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320, USA
J Immunol 166:5578-84. 2001..B7RP-1-Fc stimulated contact hypersensitivity (CH) given near either the time of sensitization or challenge with oxazolone. When given near challenge time, B7RP-1-Fc stimulated CH more than a construct containing the extracellular ..
- Influence of ageing on Langerhans cell migration in mice: identification of a putative deficiency of epidermal interleukin-1betaMarie Cumberbatch
Syngenta Central Toxicology Laboratory, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK10 4TJ, UK
Immunology 105:466-77. 2002....
- Overlapping roles for granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor and interleukin-3 in eosinophil homeostasis and contact hypersensitivityS Gillessen
Department of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 97:922-8. 2001..Together, these findings delineate overlapping roles for GM-CSF and IL-3 in hematopoiesis and immunity. (Blood. 2001;97:922-928)..
- Contribution of Langerhans cell-derived IL-18 to contact hypersensitivityBinghe Wang
Department of Dermatology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Immunol 168:3303-8. 2002..Taken together, our studies demonstrate that LC-derived IL-18 significantly contributes to CHS initiation...
- Oxazolone and diclofenac-induced popliteal lymph node assay reactions are attenuated in mice orally pretreated with the respective compound: potential role for the induction of regulatory mechanisms following enteric administrationBradford W Gutting
Yale University School of Medicine, Section of Rheumatology, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 189:120-33. 2003..We hypothesized that the contact sensitizer oxazolone (OX) would cause a strong PLN reaction in naive mice and that the PLN reaction would be attenuated in mice ..
- Validity of methods to predict the respiratory sensitizing potential of chemicals: A study with a piperidinyl chlorotriazine derivative that caused an outbreak of occupational asthmaJeroen A J Vanoirbeek
Pneumology Lung Toxicology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Toxicol Sci 76:338-46. 2003..PCT in comparison to a known respiratory sensitizer (toluene diisocyanate [TDI]) and a known dermal sensitizer (oxazolone), using three different methods in order to evaluate the validity of current models of sensitization...
- Chemical activation of innate and specific immunity in contact dermatitisL Zhang
Toxicology and Molecular Biology Branch, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Morgantown, West Virginia 26505, USA
J Invest Dermatol 115:168-76. 2000..of these properties to the molecular and cellular mechanism underlying allergic contact dermatitis, we evaluated oxazolone-induced changes in cell populations and cytokine production in the dermis of transgenic mice with impaired ..
- Generation and function of reactive oxygen species in dendritic cells during antigen presentationHiroyuki Matsue
Department of Dermatology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Immunol 171:3010-8. 2003..Allergic contact hypersensitivity responses in BALB/c mice to oxazolone, but not irritant contact hypersensitivity responses to croton oil, were suppressed significantly by ..
- Hapten-specific tolerance induced by acute, low-dose ultraviolet B radiation of skin requires mast cell degranulationP Alard
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Department of Dermatology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
Eur J Immunol 31:1736-46. 2001..We conclude that mast cells are required in UVR-induced tolerance and may be one of the major sources of IL-10 that mediates the tolerance induced by acute, low-dose UVR...
- N,N'-diacetyl-L-cystine (DiNAC), the disulphide dimer of N-acetylcysteine, inhibits atherosclerosis in WHHL rabbits: evidence for immunomodulatory agents as a new approach to prevent atherosclerosisM Wågberg
AstraZeneca R and D Molndal, Molndal, Sweden
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 299:76-82. 2001..tested the dimer of N-acetylcysteine, DiNAC, which is a disulfide with immunomodulating properties and enhances oxazolone-induced contact sensitivity (CS) reactions in mice, for effects on atherosclerosis...
- The role of IL-4, IL-10, and TNF-alpha in the immune suppression induced by ultraviolet radiationJ M Rivas
Department of Immunology, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center Houston 77030
J Leukoc Biol 56:769-75. 1994..Because anti-IL-4 and anti-IL-10 did not block the activity of the UV Ts that regulate contact hypersensitivity, their effects appear to be mediated by a different mechanism...
- Inhibition of glycolipid biosynthesis by N-(5-adamantane-1-yl-methoxy-pentyl)-deoxynojirimycin protects against the inflammatory response in hapten-induced colitisChong Shen
Laboratory of Experimental Immunology, Catholic University of Leuven, Campus Gasthuisberg O and N, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Int Immunopharmacol 4:939-51. 2004..AMP-DNM) in two hapten-induced colitis models: trinitrobenzene sulphonic acid (TNBS)- and oxazolone (4-ethoxymethylene-2phenyl-2oxazoline-5-one; Oxa)-induced colitis...
- Focal topographic changes in inflammatory microcirculation associated with lymphocyte slowing and transmigrationC A West
Laboratory of Immunophysiology, Harvard Surgical Research Laboratories, The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 281:H1742-50. 2001..intravital videomicroscopy to examine the dermal microcirculation after application of the epicutaneous antigen oxazolone. Intravascular injection of fluorescein-labeled dextran demonstrated focal topographic changes in the ..
- Impaired contact hypersensitivity in macrophage migration inhibitory factor-deficient miceTadamichi Shimizu
Department of Dermatology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Eur J Immunol 33:1478-87. 2003..response, MIF-deficient (MIF KO) and wild-type (WT) mice were sensitized with trinitrochlorobenzene (TNCB) or oxazolone on their abdominal skin and challenged on the dorsum skin of one ear 5 days later...
- Neuronal repellent Slit2 inhibits dendritic cell migration and the development of immune responsesHongbing Guan
Department of Dermatology, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Immunol 171:6519-26. 2003..These findings provide insights into a novel mechanism by which Slit2 functions as an anti-inflammatory factor for the initiation of immune responses...
- Th2 Cytokines and Signaling in Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel DiseaseMichael J Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our data show that in the Th2-driven murine oxazolone colitis, there is increased epithelial- and macrophage-derived IL- 33, and that STAT6-/- mice exhibit decreased ..
- Novel Cytokine Regulation of Gut Function and InflammationAiping Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2013..susceptibility of mice to colonic inflammation;2) Assess the effects of exogenous IL-25 on the course of TNBS-or oxazolone-induced colitis;and 3) Investigate the role of IL-25 in modulating the innate immune response through TLR ..
- Oxazolone Cycloadducts as Heterocyclic Scaffolds for Decahydroquinoline AlkaloidStephen Philip Fearnley; Fiscal Year: 2013..core differs slightly in that it features an electron-deficient 2 substituted diene, a system as yet untried in oxazolone Diels-Alders...
- MOUSE MODEL OF EOSINOPHIL MEDIATED SKIN PATHOLOGYJames Lee; Fiscal Year: 1999..induced cutaneous type I hypersensitivity) induced inflammation as well as contact hypersensitivity reactions (Oxazolone exposure); (3) Characterization of the cell adhesion molecule (L-selectin, P-selectin, E-selectin, ICAM or VLA-4)..
- GENETIC FINGERPRINTS OF IRRITANT CONTACT DERMATITISPaul Bergstresser; Fiscal Year: 2000..the 5-20 fingerprint genes that are highly activated by each of three irritant chemicals (sodium lauryl sulfate, oxazolone, and dinitrofluorobenzene), in three mouse strains (Balb/c, CBA, and C57/BL6)...
- REGULATION OF COLITIS BY CYCLOOXYGENASE-2Keith Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2001..placebo and determine the regulatory role of COX-2 in: 1. models of Th1 (TNBS) and Th2 (oxazolone) mediated colitis and 2. Colonic inflammation and injury due to H. hepaticus and C. rodentia...
- KINETIC PHENOTYPE OF B CELLS DURING IMMUNE RESPONSESJefferson Foote; Fiscal Year: 2000..chicken fatty acid binding protein (FABP) coupled through its single cys residue to the hapten 2-phenyl-5-oxazolone (Ox)...
- THE BEHAVIOR OF CELL SUSPENSIONS IN VITRO AND IN VIVOROBERT ROSENSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 1980Various inbred strains of mice and rats will be immunized with antigens such as sheep erythrocytes or the haptens oxazolone, 2,4-dinitrophenyl and 2,4,6 tri-nitrophenyl by protocols that result in the generation of suppressor cells...
- ELECTRO-OPTICAL DYES AS PROBES OF HEART EXCITABILITYMartin Morad; Fiscal Year: 1980..These fibers 50-100 micrometer in diameter can be stained with voltage-dependent dyes such as Merocyanine Oxazolone. In the absence of the surface membrane an optical signal can be monitored which occurs with contractile ..
- Sequence Distribution of Tabacco Carcinogen-DNA AdductsNatalia Tretyakova; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed research is significant because of the widespread human exposure to tobacco products and because of their central role in the initiation of lung cancer in humans. ..
- Oral Tolerance Induced by Encapsulated AllergenDALE UMETSU; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies therefore, are likely to lead to better methods and therapies that will induce protective immunity and allergen-specific tolerance, which will potentially cure patients with asthma and allergic diseases. ..
- Heterogeneity among human CD4 T lymphocytesDale T Umetsu; Fiscal Year: 2010..We are proposing new paradigms for the pathogenesis of asthma, and these new paradigms should lead to an improved understanding of asthma and to important novel therapies for asthma and allergy. ..
- Mechanisms by which Influenza A Protects Against AsthmaDALE UMETSU; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will also learn more about regulatory mechanisms that affect airway inflammation, and how viral infections and the environment affect the development of asthma. ..
- Role of Th Cell Subsets in Allergic Lung InflammationDALE UMETSU; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will ascertain the precise role of NK T cells in the development of asthma, and greatly enhance our understanding of pathogenic and protective mechanisms in asthma. ..
- Probiotics regulate intestinal epithelial cell homeostasisFang Yan; Fiscal Year: 2008..Genes regulated by LGG in colon cells will be identified using DNA microarray. These findings will have significant relevance to further understanding the probiotic regulation of intestinal health. ..
- IMMUNE PROTECTION AGAINST MNU-INDUCTED DIGITAL DEFECTSMARY PRATER; Fiscal Year: 2006..This research under the guidance of Drs. Steven Holladay and Eric Wong at Virginia Tech...
- SQUAMOUS EPITHELIAL CELL INVASION IN ORGAN CULTUREJames Varani; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- TOPICAL RETINOIDS FOR DIABETIC FOOT ULCERSJames Varani; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of MMP-3 Action in Acute Lung InjuryJames Varani; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will provide an overall understanding of the mechanism(s) by which MMP-3 contributes to acute lung injury. ..