Genomes and Genes
Summary: The enzyme catalyzing the transfer of 2-deoxy-D-ribose from thymidine to orthophosphate, thereby liberating thymidine. EC 22.214.171.124.
Publications272 found, 100 shown here
- Thymidine phosphorylase mRNA stability and protein levels are increased through ERK-mediated cytoplasmic accumulation of hnRNP K in nasopharyngeal carcinoma cellsL C Chen
Chang Gung Molecular Medicine Research Center, Chang Gung University, Kwei Shan, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Oncogene 28:1904-15. 2009..nuclear ribonucleoprotein K (hnRNP K) is significantly correlated with the elevated expression of thymidine phosphorylase (TP), and high levels of both proteins are predictive of a poor prognosis in nasopharyngeal carcinoma (..
- Microvessel density, mast cell density and thymidine phosphorylase expression in oral squamous carcinomaGirolamo Ranieri
Clinical and Experimental Oncology Laboratory, National Cancer Institute, I 70126 Bari, Italy
Int J Oncol 21:1317-23. 2002..and progression of oral cancer, we investigated microvessel density (mVd), mast cell density (mCd) and thymidine phosphorylase (TP) expression in a series of 50 patients with T1-3 N0-1 M0 oral squamous carcinoma (OSC) and 21 ..
- A possible role of thymidine phosphorylase expression and 5-fluorouracil increased sensitivity in oropharyngeal cancer patientsG Ranieri
Department of Experimental Oncology, Unit of Interventional Radiology, Department of Critical Area and Surgery National Cancer Institute of Bari, Bari, Italy
J Cell Mol Med 11:362-8. 2007..We hypothesized a role for TP in oropharyngeal tumourigenesis and 5-FU activation in the adjuvant setting of OSC patients...
- The dual role of thymidine phosphorylase in cancer development and chemotherapyAnnelies Bronckaers
Rega Institute for Medical Research, KULeuven, Leuven, Belgium
Med Res Rev 29:903-53. 2009b>Thymidine phosphorylase (TP), also known as "platelet-derived endothelial cell growth factor" (PD-ECGF), is an enzyme, which is upregulated in a wide variety of solid tumors including breast and colorectal cancers...
- Relation of hypoxia inducible factor 1 alpha and 2 alpha in operable non-small cell lung cancer to angiogenic/molecular profile of tumours and survivalA Giatromanolaki
Department of Pathology, Democritus University of Thrace, P O Box 128, Alexandroupolis 68100, Greece
Br J Cancer 85:881-90. 2001..Targeting the HIF pathway may prove of importance in the treatment of NSCLC...
- Immunohistochemical demonstration of fluoropyrimidine-metabolizing enzymes in various types of cancerShingo Kamoshida
Department of Pathology, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Toyoake, Aichi 470 1192, Japan
Oncol Rep 14:1223-30. 2005..the drugs, such as dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPD), orotate phosphoribosyltransferase (OPRT), thymidine phosphorylase (TP), and thymidylate synthase (TS)...
- Blockage of 2-deoxy-D-ribose-induced angiogenesis with rapamycin counteracts a thymidine phosphorylase-based escape mechanism available for colon cancer under 5-fluorouracil therapyHendrik Seeliger
Department of Surgery, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 10:1843-52. 2004..weakness of conventional 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) therapy relates to expression of the intracellular enzyme, thymidine phosphorylase (TP)...
- Paracrine stimulation of endothelial cell motility and angiogenesis by platelet-derived deoxyribose-1-phosphateGiordano Pula
Department of Veterinary Basic Sciences, Royal Veterinary College, University of London, United Kingdom
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:2631-8. 2010..In this study, we assessed whether the release of dRP by platelets stimulates endothelial cell migration and angiogenesis...
- 2-Deoxy-D-ribose, a downstream mediator of thymidine phosphorylase, regulates tumor angiogenesis and progressionYuichi Nakajima
Department of Applied Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, Kiyotake cho, Miyazaki, Japan
Anticancer Agents Med Chem 9:239-45. 2009..b>Thymidine phosphorylase (TP, EC 2. 4. 2...
- Proteomics identifies thymidine phosphorylase as a key regulator of the angiogenic potential of colony-forming units and endothelial progenitor cell culturesGiordano Pula
Cardiovascular Division, King s College London School of Medicine, King s College London, United Kingdom
Circ Res 104:32-40. 2009..This extensive proteomic analysis revealed the presence of the proangiogenic factor thymidine phosphorylase (TP)...
- 5-fluorouracil: mechanisms of action and clinical strategiesDaniel B Longley
Cancer Research Centre, Department of Oncology, Queen s University Belfast, University Floor, Belfast City Hospital, 97 Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7AB, Northern Ireland
Nat Rev Cancer 3:330-8. 2003..Such target genes might prove to be therapeutically valuable as new targets for chemotherapy, or as predictive biomarkers of response to 5-FU-based chemotherapy...
- Relation of hypoxia-inducible factor-2 alpha (HIF-2 alpha) expression in tumor-infiltrative macrophages to tumor angiogenesis and the oxidative thymidine phosphorylase pathway in Human breast cancerRussell D Leek
Imperial Cancer Research Fund Tumor Pathology Unit, University of Oxford Nuffield Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DU R D L, K L T, F P, H T, L C, K C G
Cancer Res 62:1326-9. 2002..of angiogenesis was also studied, and an inverse relationship was found between TAM HIF-2 alpha and tumor thymidine phosphorylase expression (P = 0.02)...
- Thymidine phosphorylase mutations cause instability of mitochondrial DNAMichio Hirano
Department of Neurology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 630 West 168th Street, P and S 4 443, New York, NY 10032, USA
Gene 354:152-6. 2005..This disorder is caused by loss-of-function mutations in the gene encoding thymidine phosphorylase (TP) a cytosolic enzyme...
- Combined GADD45A and thymidine phosphorylase expression levels predict response and survival of neoadjuvant-treated gastric cancer patientsRudolf Napieralski
Department of Pathology, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 11:3025-31. 2005..We evaluated the expression of seven therapy-related genes to predict the clinical outcome of advanced gastric cancer patients treated with a neoadjuvant chemotherapeutic protocol...
- Up-regulation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2-dependent thymidylate synthase and thymidine phosphorylase contributes to cisplatin resistance in human non-small-cell lung cancer cellsJen Chung Ko
Department of Internal Medicine, Hsinchu Hospital, Chiayi, Taiwan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 338:184-94. 2011..TS and thymidine phosphorylase (TP) are key enzymes of the pyrimidine salvage pathway...
- Heterogeneous ribonucleoprotein k and thymidine phosphorylase are independent prognostic and therapeutic markers for nasopharyngeal carcinomaLih Chyang Chen
Institute of Microbiology and Immunology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Clin Cancer Res 14:3807-13. 2008Heterogeneous ribonucleoprotein K (hnRNP K) regulates thymidine phosphorylase (TP) mRNA stability...
- Modulation of Rad51, ERCC1, and thymidine phosphorylase by emodin result in synergistic cytotoxic effect in combination with capecitabineJen Chung Ko
Department of Internal Medicine, Hsinchu Hospital, Department of Health, The Executive Yuan, Taiwan
Biochem Pharmacol 81:680-90. 2011b>Thymidine phosphorylase (TP) is the rate-limiting enzyme for the activation of capecitabine (pro-drug of fluorouracil), and as a useful predictor of tumor response to capecitabine-based chemotherapy...
- The role of thymidine phosphorylase, an angiogenic enzyme, in tumor progressionShin ichi Akiyama
Department of Molecular Oncology, Course of Advanced Therapeutics, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima 890 8544
Cancer Sci 95:851-7. 2004b>Thymidine phosphorylase (TP), an enzyme involved in pyrimidine metabolism, is identical with an angiogenic factor, platelet-derived endothelial cell growth factor (PD-ECGF)...
- Thymidine phosphorylase (platelet-derived endothelial-cell growth factor) in cancer biology and treatmentMasakazu Toi
Department of Clinical Trials and Research, Tokyo Metropolitan Cancer and Infectious Disease Centre, Komagome Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Lancet Oncol 6:158-66. 2005b>Thymidine phosphorylase (TP) is often induced in the tumour microenvironment by physiological and chemical stress. Its induction protects cells from apoptosis and helps cell survival by stimulating nucleoside metabolism and angiogenesis...
- Hematopoietic gene therapy restores thymidine phosphorylase activity in a cell culture and a murine model of MNGIEJ Torres-Torronteras
Laboratori of Neuromuscular and Mitochondrial Disorders, Institut de Recerca Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Gene Ther 18:795-806. 2011..MNGIE) is an autosomal recessive disorder caused by mutations in the TYMP gene, which encodes thymidine phosphorylase (TP)...
- Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 1 induces the chemotherapeutic target, thymidine phosphorylase, via NF-kappaB and p38 MAPK pathwaysChia Chun Chen
Graduate Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Chang Gung University, 259, Wen Hwa 1st Road, Kwei Shan, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
Cell Signal 22:1132-42. 2010High thymidine phosphorylase (TP) expression is significantly correlated with poor prognosis in patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC)...
- Preoperative chemoradiation for rectal cancer using capecitabine and celecoxib correlated with posttreatment assessment of thymidylate synthase and thymidine phosphorylase expressionKeith R Unger
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 80:1377-82. 2011Thymidylate synthase (TS) and thymidine phosphorylase (TP) expression have been shown to be predictors of response to therapy...
- Thymidine phosphorylase to dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase ratio as a predictive factor of response to preoperative chemoradiation with capecitabine in patients with advanced rectal cancerC S Boskos
1st Radiation Oncology Department, Agios Savvas Anticancer Institute, Athens, Greece
J Surg Oncol 102:408-12. 2010To identify if thymidine phosphorylase (TP), dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPD), and ratio TP/DPD levels in tumor tissues are potential predictive factors for response to combined preoperative chemoradiation with capecitabine, in ..
- Targeted deletion of both thymidine phosphorylase and uridine phosphorylase and consequent disorders in miceMisako Haraguchi
Department of Cancer Chemotherapy, Institute for Cancer Research, Third Department of Internal Medicin, Kagoshima University, 8 35 1 Sakura gaoka, Kagoshima 890 8520, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 22:5212-21. 2002b>Thymidine phosphorylase (TP) regulates intracellular and plasma thymidine levels...
- Vorinostat synergises with capecitabine through upregulation of thymidine phosphorylaseE Di Gennaro
Experimental Pharmacology Unit, Department of Research, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, National Cancer Institute Fondazione G, Via M Semmola, Pascale, Napoli 80131, Italy
Br J Cancer 103:1680-91. 2010..induce synergistic antitumour effects in combination with capecitabine by modulating the expression of thymidine phosphorylase (TP), a key enzyme in the conversion of capecitabine to 5-florouracil (5-FU), and thymidylate synthase (..
- Synergistic effect of curcumin and cisplatin via down-regulation of thymidine phosphorylase and excision repair cross-complementary 1 (ERCC1)Min Shao Tsai
Molecular Oncology Laboratory, Department of Biochemical Science and Technology, National Chiayi University, Chiayi, Taiwan
Mol Pharmacol 80:136-46. 2011..b>Thymidine phosphorylase (TP), an enzyme of the pyrimidine salvage pathway, is considered an attractive therapeutic target, and ..
- Differences and relationships of thymidine phosphorylase expression in tumor-associated macrophages and cancer cells in squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagusN Koide
Second Department of Surgery, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Dis Esophagus 15:67-73. 2002b>Thymidine phosphorylase (TP), which has been shown to be identical to platelet-derived endothelial cell growth factor, is expressed in tumor-associated macrophages (TAMs) as well as cancer cells...
- Predictive and prognostic markers for the outcome of chemotherapy in advanced colorectal cancer, a retrospective analysis of the phase III randomised CAIRO studyMiriam Koopman
Department of Medical Oncology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, 6500HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 45:1999-2006. 2009..several biomarkers [dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPD), orotate phosphoribosyl transferase (OPRT), thymidine phosphorylase (TP), thymidylate synthase (TS) and excision cross-complementing gene (ERCC1)] for their prognostic and ..
- Thymidine phosphorylase/platelet-derived endothelial cell growth factor is upregulated in advanced solid types of gastric cancerT Yoshikawa
The Third Department of Surgery, Kanagawa Cancer Center, Yokohama City University, School of Medicine, Japan
Br J Cancer 79:1145-50. 1999Previous studies demonstrated that the immunohistochemical expression of thymidine phosphorylase (dThdPase) was related with distant metastasis and disease progression...
- Prognostic impact of thymidine phosphorylase expression in breast cancer--comparison of microarray and immunohistochemical dataE Ruckhäberle
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Goethe University, Frankfurt M, Germany
Eur J Cancer 46:549-57. 2010Contrary findings exist according to the prognostic and predictive impact of thymidine phosphorylase (TP) expression in breast cancer...
- Suppression of thymidine phosphorylase-mediated angiogenesis and tumor growth by 2-deoxy-L-riboseHiroshi Uchimiya
Department of Cancer Chemotherapy, Institute for Cancer Research, Kagoshima University, Faculty of Medicine, Sakuragaoka 8 35 1, Kagoshima 890 8520, Japan
Cancer Res 62:2834-9. 2002b>Thymidine phosphorylase (TP), an enzyme involved in the reversible conversion of thymidine to thymine, is identical to an angiogenic factor, platelet-derived endothelial cell growth factor (PD-ECGF)...
- Inhibition of metastasis of tumor cells overexpressing thymidine phosphorylase by 2-deoxy-L-riboseYuichi Nakajima
Department of Molecular Oncology, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Science, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima Japan
Cancer Res 64:1794-801. 2004b>Thymidine phosphorylase (TP) catalyzes the reversible conversion of thymidine to thymine, thereby generating 2-deoxy-D-ribose-1-phosphate, which upon dephosphorylation forms 2-deoxy-D-ribose (D-dRib), a degradation product of thymidine...
- Site-specific somatic mitochondrial DNA point mutations in patients with thymidine phosphorylase deficiencyYutaka Nishigaki
Department of Neurology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Clin Invest 111:1913-21. 2003..MNGIE) is an autosomal recessive disorder caused by loss-of-function mutations in the gene encoding thymidine phosphorylase (TP)...
- Thymidylate synthase, thymidine phosphorylase, dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase expression, and histological tumour regression after 5-FU-based neo-adjuvant chemoradiotherapy in rectal cancerChristiane Jakob
Institute for Pathology, University of Technology, Fetscherstrasse 74, D 01307 Dresden, Germany
J Pathol 204:562-8. 2004..Response to pre-operative treatment, however, varies significantly. Thymidylate synthase (TS), thymidine phosphorylase (TP), and dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPD) are thought to be important predictors for the efficiency ..
- Different patterns of stromal and cancer cell thymidine phosphorylase reactivity in non-small-cell lung cancer: impact on tumour neoangiogenesis and survivalM I Koukourakis
Department of Radiotherapy Oncology and Saint Nikolas Histopathology Unit, University Hospital of Iraklion, Crete, Greece
Br J Cancer 77:1696-703. 1998..The P-GF.44C MAb was used to assess thymidine phosphorylase (TP) reactivity in cancer cells, stromal fibroblasts and macrophages...
- Identification of the angiogenic endothelial-cell growth factor-1/thymidine phosphorylase as a potential target for immunotherapy of cancerElisabeth H Slager
Department of Hematology, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Blood 107:4954-60. 2006..polymorphism (SNP) in the angiogenic endothelial-cell growth factor-1 (ECGF1) gene also known as thymidine phosphorylase. The SNP leads to an Arg-to-His substitution in an alternatively translated peptide that is recognized by ..
- Thymidine synthase, thymidine phosphorylase, and excision repair cross-complementation group 1 expression as predictive markers of capecitabine plus cisplatin chemotherapy as first-line treatment for patients with advanced oesophageal squamous cell carcinS Lee
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Irwon dong Gangnam gu, Seoul 135 710, Korea
Br J Cancer 103:845-51. 2010Our purpose was to evaluate thymidine synthase (TS), thymidine phosphorylase (TP), and excision repair cross-complementation group 1 (ERCC1) expression as biomarkers for capecitabine and cisplatin (XP) combination chemotherapy in ..
- Cyclooxygenase-2 expression in endometrial cancer: correlation with microvessel count and expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and thymidine phosphorylaseRitsuto Fujiwaki
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shimane Medical University, Izumo, Japan
Hum Pathol 33:213-9. 2002..variables, microvessel count, and expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and thymidine phosphorylase (TP)...
- Thymidylate synthase, dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase, ERCC1, and thymidine phosphorylase gene expression in primary and metastatic gastrointestinal adenocarcinoma tissue in patients treated on a phase I trial of oxaliplatin and capecitabineKazumi Uchida
University of Nebraska Medical Center, Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198, USA
BMC Cancer 8:386. 2008..Over-expression of ERCC1 correlates with insensitivity to oxaliplatin (OX) therapy, while high thymidine phosphorylase (TP) levels predict for increased sensitivity to capecitabine (Xel).
- Thymidine phosphorylase expression and benefit from capecitabine in patients with advanced breast cancerC Andreetta
Department of Oncology, University Hospital of Udine, Udine, Italy
Ann Oncol 20:265-71. 2009..that is converted to 5-fluorouracil through several enzymatic steps, the last of which is mediated by thymidine phosphorylase (TP)...
- Neoadjuvant docetaxel and capecitabine and the use of thymidine phosphorylase as a predictive biomarker in breast cancerRachel M Layman
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0848, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:4092-7. 2007b>Thymidine phosphorylase (TP) induction by docetaxel is a proposed mechanism for the observed preclinical synergy of docetaxel and capecitabine (DC)...
- Prognostic significance of thymidine phosphorylase and p53 co-expression in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaOota Makoto
Department of Academic Surgery, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
Oncol Rep 9:23-8. 2002This study investigated the prognostic significance of thymidine phosphorylase (TP) and p53 expression in 96 surgically resected primary esophageal squamous cell carcinomas...
- Nucleophilic participation in the transition state for human thymidine phosphorylaseMatthew R Birck
Department of Biochemistry, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Am Chem Soc 126:2447-53. 2004Recombinant human thymidine phosphorylase catalyzes the reaction of arsenate with thymidine to form thymine and 2-deoxyribose 1-arsenate, which rapidly decomposes to 2-deoxyribose and inorganic arsenate...
- Thymidine phosphorylase and dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase levels in primary colorectal cancer show a relationship to clinical effects of 5'-deoxy-5-fluorouridine as adjuvant chemotherapyGenichi Nishimura
Department of Surgery II, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920 8641, Japan
Oncol Rep 9:479-82. 2002b>Thymidine phosphorylase (TP) converts 5'-deoxy-5-fluorouridine (5'-DFUR, doxifluridine), an intermediate metabolite of capecitabine, to 5-fluorouracil (5-FU)...
- p53, bcl-2 and thymidine phosphorylase as predictive markers of chemotherapy in patients with advanced and recurrent gastric cancerS Kikuyama
Department of Surgery, Tochigi National Hospital, Japan
Anticancer Res 21:2149-53. 2001To study the relationship between expression of p53, bcl-2, thymidine phosphorylase and Ki-67 and the response to chemotherapy and survival in patients with recurrent and advanced gastric cancer.
- Thymidine phosphorylase (platelet-derived endothelial cell growth factor) as a target for capecitabine: from biology to the bedsideGirolamo Ranieri
National Cancer Institute, Interventional Radiology Unit, Bari, Italy
Recent Pat Anticancer Drug Discov 1:171-83. 2006b>Thymidine phosphorylase (TP), also known as platelet derived endothelial cell growth factor (PD-ECGF), is an enzyme involved in thymidine synthesis and degradation and exerts an angiogenic activity, whereas N4 pentyloxy-carbonyl- 5'-..
- Molecular basis for the inhibition of hypoxia-induced apoptosis by 2-deoxy-D-riboseRyuji Ikeda
Department of Cancer Chemotherapy, Institute for Cancer Research, Kagoshima University, Sakuragaoka 8 35 1, Kagoshima 890 8520, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 291:806-12. 2002An angiogenic factor, platelet-derived endothelial cell growth factor/thymidine phosphorylase (PD-ECGF/TP), stimulates the chemotaxis of endothelial cells and confers resistance to apoptosis induced by hypoxia...
- Elevated plasma deoxyuridine in patients with thymidine phosphorylase deficiencyRamon Marti
Department of Neurology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, P and S 4 443, 630 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 303:14-8. 2003Mutations in the nuclear gene encoding thymidine phosphorylase (TP) cause mitochondrial neurogastrointestinal encephalomyopathy (MNGIE), an autosomal recessive disease with mitochondrial dysfunction and mitochondrial DNA abnormalities...
- Significance of monocyte chemotactic protein-1 and thymidine phosphorylase in angiogenesis of human cardiac myxomaTianshu Zhang
Second Department of Surgery, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Asahi, Matsumoto, Japan
Circ J 67:54-60. 2003..of this study was to investigate whether the expression of monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1) and of thymidine phosphorylase (TP) correlates with the angiogenesis and clinicopathologic features in cardiac myxoma...
- Prognostication of pancreatic adenocarcinoma by expression of thymidine phosphorylase/dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase ratio and its correlation with survivalMuhammad Wasif Saif
Yale University School of Medicine, Yale Cancer Center, Section of Medical Oncology, 333 Cedar Street FMP 116, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Expert Opin Drug Saf 8:507-14. 2009Dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPD) is the first rate limiting enzyme that catabolizes 5-fluorouracil. Thymidine phosphorylase (TP) catalyzes the last step that converts capecitabine into 5-fluorouracil...
- IFN gamma-induced up-regulation of PD-ECGF/TP enhances the cytotoxicity of 5-fluorouracil and 5'-deoxy-5-fluorouridine in bladder cancer cellsGang Li
Department of Urology and Reproductive Medicine, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Yushima 1 5 45, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
Anticancer Res 22:2607-12. 2002..PD-ECGF/TP is an essential enzyme in converting 5'DFUR and 5FU to their active metabolites and can be up-regulated by some cytokines...
- Thymidylate synthase and thymidine phosphorylase gene expression as predictive parameters for the efficacy of 5-fluorouracil-based adjuvant chemotherapy for gastric cancerDong Hua
Oncology Institute of Wuxi, The Fourth Affiliated Hospital of Suzhou University, 200 Huihe Road, Wuxi 214062, Jiangsu Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 13:5030-4. 2007To investigate the prognostic role of thymidylate synthase (TS) and thymidine phosphorylase (TP) mRNA levels in T3 or T4 gastric cancer treated with 5-fluorouracil-based adjuvant chemotherapy.
- Inhibition of EGFR phosphorylation in a panel of human breast cancer cells correlates with synergistic interactions between gefitinib and 5'-DFUR, the bioactive metabolite of XelodaMaria Ait-Tihyaty
Cancer Drug Research Laboratory, Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Center Royal Victoria Hospital, 687 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, QC H3A 1A1, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 133:217-26. 2012..The conversion of 5'-DFUR to the cytotoxic 5-FU, occurs primarily in the tumour and is catalyzed by thymidine phosphorylase (TP)...
- Modulation of vascular endothelial growth factor and thymidine phosphorylase in normal human endometrial stromal cellsMaysoon M Abbas
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Christchurch School of Medicine and Health Sciences and the New Zealand Centre for Reproductive Medicine, New Zealand
Fertil Steril 82:1048-53. 2004To study the regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and thymidine phosphorylase (TP), two angiogenic factors, in cultured endometrial stromal cells...
- Induction of thymidine phosphorylase expression by AZT contributes to enhancement of 5'-DFUR cytotoxicityKengo Tsuneyoshi
Department of Molecular Oncology, Field of Oncology, Course of Advanced Therapeutics, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima University, Sakuragaoka 8 35 1, Kagoshima 890 8520, Japan
Cancer Lett 244:239-46. 2006b>Thymidine phosphorylase (TP) regulates intracellular thymidine metabolism and can enhance the anti-tumor effectiveness of 5'-deoxy-5-fluorouridine (5'-DFUR) by conversion of the pro-drug 5'-DFUR to 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) in tumor tissues...
- Heterogeneous ribonucleoprotein K and thymidine phosphorylase are independent prognostic and therapeutic markers for oral squamous cell carcinomaChi Sheng Wu
Molecular Medicine Research Center, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Oral Oncol 48:516-22. 2012..In vitro experiments suggest that OSCC tumors with high levels of TP are more sensitive to 5'-DFUR treatment. Thus, cytoplasmic hnRNP K and TP may be potential prognostic and therapeutic markers for OSCC...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 in human malignant fibrous histiocytoma: correlations with intratumoral microvessel density, expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and thymidine phosphorylaseHideki Yamashita
Division of Organ Pathology, Department of Microbiology and Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, 86 NIshi cho, Yonago, Tottori 683 8503, Japan
Int J Mol Med 14:565-70. 2004..tumors (BFHTs), comparing the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and thymidine phosphorylase (TP), as well as intratumoral microvessel density (IMVD). COX-2 expression was noted in 22 (62...
- Prognostic value of thymidine phosphorylase activity in liver tissue adjacent to hepatocellular carcinomaTakahiro Ezaki
Department of Disaster and Emergency Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 10:171-6. 2005Measurement of thymidine phosphorylase (TP) activity in normal liver tissue adjacent to hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) may predict multicentric recurrence a long time after an operation...
- Noninvasive measurements of capecitabine metabolism in bladder tumors overexpressing thymidine phosphorylase by fluorine-19 magnetic resonance spectroscopyYuen Li Chung
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, St George s Hospital Medical School, Cranmer Terrace, London, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 10:3863-70. 2004Previous studies have shown that tumor response to capecitabine strongly correlates with tumor thymidine phosphorylase (TP). The aims of our study were to (a)...
- Prediction of the effect of capecitabine in gastric cancer by immunohistochemical staining of thymidine phosphorylase and dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenaseWasaburo Koizumi
Department of Gastroenterology, East Hospital, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara City, Kanagawa, Japan
Anticancer Drugs 19:819-24. 2008The objective of this study was to investigate the relationship between the expression of thymidine phosphorylase (TP) and dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPD) and the response to capecitabine in patients with advanced/recurrent gastric ..
- An optimal dosing schedule for a novel combination antimetabolite, TAS-102, based on its intracellular metabolism and its incorporation into DNATomohiro Emura
Cancer Research Laboratories, Hanno Research Center, Taiho Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Hanno City, Saitama 357 8527, Japan
Int J Mol Med 13:249-55. 2004TAS-102 is a combination drug consisting of alpha,alpha,alpha-trifluorothymidine (FTD) and thymidine phosphorylase inhibitor (TPI)...
- Correlation of thymidylate synthase, thymidine phosphorylase and dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase with sensitivity of gastrointestinal cancer cells to 5-fluorouracil and 5-fluoro-2'-deoxyuridineTao Ma
Shanghai Institute of Digestive Surgery, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai 200025, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:172-6. 2004..the expression levels of three metabolic enzymes of fluoropyrimidines: thymidylate synthase (TS), thymidine phosphorylase (TP) and dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPD) in seven human gastrointestinal cancer cell lines, and to ..
- Thymidine phosphorylase gene transfer inhibits vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation by upregulating heme oxygenase-1 and p27KIP1Wei Li
Second Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Fukui, Fukui, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:1370-5. 2005b>Thymidine phosphorylase (TP) reportedly promotes endothelial cell migration and induces heme oxygenase (HO)-1 expression. However, its effect on vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs) is poorly understood...
- The Sp1 transcription factor is essential for the expression of gliostatin/thymidine phosphorylase in rheumatoid fibroblast-like synoviocytesKenji Ikuta
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, MuzuhoMizuho ku, Nagoya, 467 8601, Japan
Arthritis Res Ther 14:R87. 2012Gliostatin/thymidine phosphorylase (GLS/TP) has angiogenic and arthritogenic activities, and aberrant GLS production has been observed in the active synovial membranes of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients...
- Localization of thymidine phosphorylase expression in colorectal carcinoma tissues by in situ RT-PCR assayKoshi Mimori
Department of Surgery, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Beppu, Japan
Oncology 62:327-32. 2002Abundant expression of thymidine phosphorylase (TP) mRNA and protein was observed in human carcinoma tissues relative to the corresponding normal tissues. However, the distribution of cells that express TP has not yet been determined...
- Expression of thymidine phosphorylase and VEGF in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaTakuma Nomiya
Department of Radiology, Tohoku University Hospital, 1 1, Seiryo machi, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
Oncol Rep 15:1497-501. 2006..717 for TP/VEGF[+/- or -/+] group, p=0.005). In conclusion, VEGF and TP expression seems to have a relationship with tumor angiogenesis, and co-expression of TP and VEGF seemed to be one of the unfavorable prognostic factors...
- Association of right-sided tumors with high thymidine phosphorylase gene expression levels and the response to oral uracil and tegafur/leucovorin chemotherapy among patients with colorectal cancerSotaro Sadahiro
Department of Surgery, Tokai University School of Medicine, Kanagawa 259 1193, Japan
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 70:285-91. 2012....
- Importance of thymidine phosphorylase expression at the invasive front of T3 rectal cancer as a prognostic factorKazuhisa Yoshimoto
Department of Surgery, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Dig Surg 23:331-5. 2006Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and thymidine phosphorylase (TP) are angiogenic factors...
- Importance of thymidine phosphorylase expression in tumor stroma as a prognostic factor in patients with advanced colorectal carcinomaMasamichi Yasuno
Department of Surgical Oncology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima Bunkyou ku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
Oncol Rep 13:405-12. 2005b>Thymidine phosphorylase (TP) is a unique enzyme involved not only in angiogenesis, but in 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) metabolism as well. TP is produced by both tumor and stromal cells...
- Role of tumor angiogenesis in gallbladder carcinoma: with special reference to thymidine phosphorylaseYukari Harino
Department of Surgery, Institute of Health Biosciences, University of Tokushima, 3 18 15 Kuramoto cho, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 13:452-7. 2008Angiogenesis plays an important role in tumor growth and metastasis. Thymidine phosphorylase (TP), as well as vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), is known to be an angiogenic factor...
- Low thymidylate synthase, thymidine phosphorylase, and dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase mRNA expression correlate with prolonged survival in resected non-small-cell lung cancerPeter P Grimminger
Department of General, Visceral and Tumor Surgery, University of Cologne, Germany
Clin Lung Cancer 11:328-34. 2010Thymidylate synthase (TS), thymidine phosphorylase (TP), and dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPD) are key enzymes in the 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) pathway...
- [Thymidine phosphorylase expressed in monocyte-macrophages enhanced anticancer effect of 5'-deoxy-5-fluorouridine on colorectal carcinoma cells]Ji min Zhang
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, The Second Hospital, Guangzhou Medicine School, Guangzhou 510260, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 84:718-24. 2004To detect the thymidine phosphorylase (dThdPase) expression in colorectal carcinoma tissue, and clarify whether dThdPase expressed in macrophage-like cell lines, and monocytes from human peripheral blood can modulate the anticancer ..
- Expression of thymidine phosphorylase by macrophages in colorectal cancer tissuesJi min Zhang
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, the Second Hospital of Guangzhou Medical School, Guangzhou 510260, Guangdong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:545-9. 2004To detect the thymidine phosphorylase (dThdPase) expression in human colorectal cancer tissues and cells.
- Localization of thymidine phosphorylase in advanced gastric and colorectal cancerMichiya Kobayashi
Department of Surgery, Kochi Medical School, Oko cho, Kohasu, Nankoku, 783 8505 Japan
J Mol Histol 35:69-74. 2004b>Thymidine phosphorylase (TP) is known to be more concentrated in human cancer tissues than in adjacent normal tissue based on findings using enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) and immunohistochemistry...
- Thymidine phosphorylase expressed in macrophages enhances antitumor effect of 5'-deoxy-5-fluorouridine on human colorectal carcinoma cellsJimin Zhang
Division of Biological Regulation and Oncology, Department of Surgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryomachi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
Anticancer Res 23:323-9. 2003b>Thymidine phosphorylase (dThdPase) is a key enzyme in the activation of the pro-drugs of 5-fluorouracil (5-FU), 5-deoxy-5-fluorouridine (5'-DFUR) and capecitabine...
- Synthesis and enzymatic evaluation of xanthine oxidase-activated prodrugs based on inhibitors of thymidine phosphorylasePhilip Reigan
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 14:5247-50. 2004A series of xanthine oxidase-activated prodrugs of known inhibitors of thymidine phosphorylase has been designed and synthesised to introduce tumour selectivity...
- Late-onset MNGIE due to partial loss of thymidine phosphorylase activityRamon Marti
Department of Neurology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Ann Neurol 58:649-52. 2005Mitochondrial neurogastrointestinal encephalomyopathy (MNGIE) is caused by mutations in the gene encoding thymidine phosphorylase (TP)...
- The inhibitory effect of disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs and steroids on gliostatin/platelet-derived endothelial cell growth factor production in human fibroblast-like synoviocytesTakuma Kusabe
Department of Musculoskeletal Medicine, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Mizuho ku, Nagoya, 467 8601, Japan
Rheumatol Int 25:625-30. 2005..These findings indicate that AuTG and DEX have anti-rheumatic activity, which is mediated via the suppression of GLS production. Neither methotrexate (MTX) nor sulfasalazine (SSZ) had a significant influence on GLS levels in our study...
- Carrier erythrocyte entrapped thymidine phosphorylase therapy for MNGIEN F Moran
Neurology, Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Ethelbert Road, Canterbury, CT1 3NG, UK
Neurology 71:686-8. 2008
- The thymidine phosphorylase inhibitor 5'-O-tritylinosine (KIN59) is an antiangiogenic multitarget fibroblast growth factor-2 antagonistSandra Liekens
Laboratory of Virology and Chemotherapy, Rega Institute for Medical Research, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Mol Cancer Ther 11:817-29. 20125'-O-Tritylinosine (KIN59) is an allosteric inhibitor of the angiogenic enzyme thymidine phosphorylase. Previous observations showed the capacity of KIN59 to abrogate thymidine phosphorylase-induced as well as developmental angiogenesis ..
- Mitochondrial neurogastrointestinal encephalomyopathy: novel pathogenic mutations in thymidine phosphorylase gene in two Italian brothersLaura Libernini
Division of Pediatric Neurology, Department of Pediatrics, Child Neurology and Psychiatry, La Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Neuropediatrics 43:201-8. 2012..recessive multisystem disorder occurring due to mutations in a nuclear gene coding for the enzyme thymidine phosphorylase (TYMP)...
- Interferon gamma-dependent induction of thymidine phosphorylase/platelet-derived endothelial growth factor through gamma-activated sequence-like element in human macrophagesH Goto
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Cancer Res 61:469-73. 2001b>Thymidine phosphorylase (TP), an enzyme involved in the reversible conversion of thymidine to thymine, is identical to platelet-derived endothelial cell growth factor...
- The role of phosphate in the action of thymidine phosphorylase inhibitors: Implications for the catalytic mechanismHarsh V Jain
Department of Chemistry, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14260, United States
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 20:1648-51. 2010The design and synthesis of 5-fluoro-6-[(2-aminoimidazol-1-yl)methyl]uracil (AIFU), a potent inhibitor of thymidine phosphorylase (TP) with K(i)-values of 11nM (ecTP) and 17nM (hTP), are described...
- Synthesis and in vitro evaluation of 5-fluoro-6-[(2-iminopyrrolidin-1-YL)methyl]uracil, TPI(F): an inhibitor of human thymidine phosphorylase (TP)John R Grierson
Department of Radiology, Division of Nuclear Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids 29:49-54. 2010..5-fluoro analog of TPI (5-chloro-6-[(2-iminopyrrolidin-1-yl)methyl]uracil), a potent inhibitor of human thymidine phosphorylase (TP), has an IC(50) in a range that might allow to use it labeled for imaging of TP expression in vivo...
- Angiogenic factorT Furukawa
Nature 356:668. 1992
- Platelet-derived endothelial cell growth factor/thymidine phosphorylase inhibitor augments radiotherapeutic efficacy in experimental colorectal cancerTomohiko Miyatani
Department of Surgery, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Kuramoto, Tokushima, Japan
Cancer Lett 318:199-205. 2012..However, there are few to be available in the clinical setting. Thymidine phosphorylase inhibitor (TPI) regulates the phosphorolysis of thymidine to thymine and 2-deoxy-d-ribose-1-phosphate ..
- Neurotrophic action of gliostatin on cortical neurons. Identity of gliostatin and platelet-derived endothelial cell growth factorK Asai
Department of Bioregulation Research, Nagoya City University Medical School, Japan
J Biol Chem 267:20311-6. 1992..These data indicate that gliostatin/PD-ECGF may play important roles on development and regeneration of the central nervous system and may also involve the induction of angiogenesis for the formation of blood brain barrier...
- The role of thymidine phosphorylase and thrombospondin-1 in angiogenesis and progression of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinomaShin ichi Aishima
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Int J Surg Pathol 10:47-56. 2002b>Thymidine phosphorylase (TP), an important regulator of angiogenesis, is correlated with progression, metastasis, and prognosis in various types of tumor...
- A case report of papilla Vater carcinoma showing positive expression of thymidine phosphorylaseShinji Osada
Second Department of Surgery, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu City, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 51:375-7. 2004..The immunohistochemical stain showed the strong expression of thymidine phosphorylase in the tumor tissue and also in the normal biliary tract, despite positive p53 cells being undetected in ..
- The ratio of thymidine phosphorylase to dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase in tumour tissues of patients with metastatic gastric cancer is predictive of the clinical response to 5'-deoxy-5-fluorouridineTomohiro Nishina
Department of Medical Oncology, National Shikoku Cancer Center, 13 Horinouchi, Matsuyama, Ehime 790 0007, Japan
Eur J Cancer 40:1566-71. 2004The aim of this work was to determine whether intratumour contents of thymidine phosphorylase (TP), which converts 5'-deoxy-5-fluorouridine (5'-DFUR) to 5-fluorouracil, and dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPD), which degrades 5-..
- Comparative analysis of thymidylate synthase, thymidine phosphorylase and dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase expression in colorectal cancer and surrounding normal tissueM Zimovjanova
Department of Oncology, General Teaching Hospital, 12880 Prague, Czech Republic
Neoplasma 52:208-10. 2005Thymidylate synthase [TS], thymidine phosphorylase [TP] and dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase [DPD] play the essential role in the activation and catabolism of the fluoropyrimidines used in cancer therapy...
- Pd-ECGF positivity correlates with better survival, while iNOS has no predictive value for cervical carcinomas treated with radiotherapyKuniyuki Oka
Department of Pathology, Mito Saiseikai General Hospital, Mito, Ibaraki, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 57:217-21. 2003Platelet-derived endothelial cell growth factor (PD-ECGF), which has angiogenic activity, is identical to thymidine phosphorylase. Tumor vascularization is considered to be an important prognostic factor...
- Neoangiogenesis in patients with gastric carcinoma in relation to the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and thymidine phosphorylaseShunichi Tsujitani
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, Japan
Anticancer Res 24:1853-9. 2004..the prognostic significance of microvessel density and the relationship between the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and thymidine phosphorylase (TP), and angiogenesis in patients with gastric carcinoma.
- Thymidine phosphorylase in cancer cells stimulates human endothelial cell migration and invasion by the secretion of angiogenic factorsI V Bijnsdorp
Department of Medical Oncology, VU University Medical Center, PO Box 7057, 1007 MB, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 104:1185-92. 2011b>Thymidine phosphorylase (TP) is often overexpressed in tumours and has a role in tumour aggressiveness and angiogenesis...
- Association of tumour necrosis factor alpha and its receptors with thymidine phosphorylase expression in invasive breast carcinomaR D Leek
Imperial Cancer Research Fund Molecular Oncology Laboratory, University of Oxford, Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, UK
Br J Cancer 77:2246-51. 1998..The cytokine tumour necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) and the enzyme thymidine phosphorylase (TP) are two factors known to promote tumour angiogenesis...
- FK506 inhibition of gliostatin/thymidine phosphorylase production induced by tumor necrosis factor-α in rheumatoid fibroblast-like synoviocytesTakaya Yamagami
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Mizuho ku, Nagoya, 467 8601, Japan
Rheumatol Int 31:903-9. 2011Gliostatin/thymidine phosphorylase (GLS/TP) is known to have angiogenic and arthritogenic activities. The purpose of this study was to determine the inhibitory effects of FK506 (tacrolimus) on GLS production in rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Gliostatin/thymidine phosphorylase-regulated vascular endothelial growth-factor production in human fibroblast-like synoviocytesTomohiro Tanikawa
Department of Musculoskeletal Medicine, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kawasumi 1, Mizuho chou, Mizuho ku, Nagoya, 467 8601, Japan
Rheumatol Int 27:553-9. 2007Gliostatin/thymidine phosphorylase (GLS/TP) is known to have angiogenic and arthritogenic activities...
- Late-onset MNGIE without peripheral neuropathy due to incomplete loss of thymidine phosphorylase activityRoberto Massa
Department of Neurosciences, University of Rome Tor Vergata and IRCCS Fondazione S Lucia, Via Montpellier 1, I 00135 Rome, Italy
Neuromuscul Disord 19:837-40. 2009..Mutations in the TYMP/ECGF1 gene cause a loss of thymidine phosphorylase catalytic activity, disrupting the homeostasis of intramitochondrial nucleotide pool...
- Angiopoietin-1 is inversely related to thymidine phosphorylase expression in human breast cancer, indicating a role in vascular remodelingM J Currie
Anatomical Pathology, Canterbury Health, Christchurch Hospital, Christchurch, New Zealand
Clin Cancer Res 7:918-27. 2001..016) and a significant inverse correlation between Ang-1 and thymidine phosphorylase expression (P = 0.01)...
- Effects of platelet-derived endothelial cell growth factor/thymidine phosphorylase, substrate, and products in a three-dimensional model of angiogenesisD P Stevenson
Diagnostics Research Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, King s College School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, United Kingdom
Am J Pathol 152:1641-6. 1998Platelet-derived endothelial cell growth factor/thymidine phosphorylase (PD-ECGF/TP) is associated with angiogenesis and the progression of human breast and ovarian cancers...
- Involvement of microsomal cytochrome P450 and cytosolic thymidine phosphorylase in 5-fluorouracil formation from tegafur in human liverT Komatsu
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kanazawa University, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 7:675-81. 2001..Because the conversion of tegafur into 5-FU has also been reported to be catalyzed by cytosolic thymidine phosphorylase (dThdPase), the involvement of human liver microsomes and cytosol and individual differences in 5-FU ..
- Molecular Pathogenesis and Treatment of MNGIEMichio Hirano; Fiscal Year: 2013..MNGIE) is a fatal autosomal recessive disease caused by mutations in the TYMP gene encoding thymidine phosphorylase (TP)...
- Interactions of the angiopoietin and PD-ECGF pathways in tumor angiogenesisEdward L Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2013..include a novel, highly specific, orally available small molecule inhibito of the angiogenic factor thymidine phosphorylase (TP) which we have synthesized, and two highly specific peptibodies which neutralize the angiogenic ..
- Mechanisms of thymide phosphorylase angiogenesisEdward L Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Sequencing of the of human PD-ECGF cDNA revealed it to be identical to human thymidine phosphorylase (TP), an enzyme which catalyzes the conversion of thymidine to thymine and 2-deoxyribose-1-phosphate (dR-..
- 3-D STRUCTURES OF URIDINE & THYMIDINE PHOSPHORYLASESSteven Ealick; Fiscal Year: 1991The objective is to determine the three-dimensional structures of uridine phosphorylase and thymidine phosphorylase. The pyrimidine phosphorylases may be responsible for the degradation of certain nucleoside analogs of potential ..
- TUMOR MARKERS TO PREDICT TREATMENT RESPONSELynn Dressler; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will evaluate whether specific markers of capecitabine metabolism, thymidylate synthetase, thymidine phosphorylase and dihyodropyrimidine dehydrogenase gene expression (mRNA) can predict recurrence and survival in ..
- ROLE AND FUNCTIONS OF PYRIMIDINES IN CANCER THERAPYGiuseppe Pizzorno; Fiscal Year: 2004..activity, and 3) why breast tumor tissues have a BAU-insensitive, phosphorolytic activity that is not thymidine phosphorylase. To achieve these objectives the research will center on two main projects in progress: isolation and ..
- ANTIANGIOGENESIS BY THYMIDINE PHOSPHORYLASE INHIBITORSGeorge Wright; Fiscal Year: 1999..One angiogenesis factor, platelet-derived endothelial cell growth factor (PD-ECGF), is identical with thymidine phosphorylase (TP), an enzyme of thymidine metabolism and homeostasis...
- CELLULAR INTERACTIONS OF 5 FLUOROURACIL AND INTERFERONEdward Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2000..activity was identified: the induction of expression by IFN, both in vitro and in vivo, of the enzyme thymidine phosphorylase (TP)...
- MOLECULAR PROGNOSTIC INDICATORS IN COLORECTAL CANCERLeonard Saltz; Fiscal Year: 2000..Further data suggest that low expression of both thymidine phosphorylase and dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase are consistent with responsiveness to FU/LV, while high expression of ..
- CLINICAL RESEARCH CENTER FOR NEUROMUSCULAR DISEASESalvatore DiMauro; Fiscal Year: 2007..of mitochondrial DNA deletions, depletion, and point mutations; (iii) studying the effects of thymidine phosphorylase (TP) deficiency in cultured fibroblasts; and (iv) studying the clinical and biochemical consequences of ..
- dUTPase As A Prognostic Marker in Colon CancerRobert Ladner; Fiscal Year: 2003..expression with other known prognostic markers of colorectal cancer including, thymidylate synthase (TS), thymidine phosphorylase (TP), dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPD) and p53...
- Studies of the Pathogenic Mechanism of HIVMiles Cloyd; Fiscal Year: 2003..e., are activated and are undergoing "activation-induced cell death") or are thymidine phosphorylase+ (i.e...
- Mechanism of SHeA2 Action in Ovarian CancerDoris Benbrook; Fiscal Year: 2009..species, mitochondrial membrane depolarization, and inhibition of NF-kappaB activity and expression of thymidine phosphorylase and thrombospondin-4 gene expression...
- Biomodulation of capecitabine by docetaxel in non-small*MIGUEL VILLALONA; Fiscal Year: 2005..This synergy is believed due to upregulation of the enzyme thymidine phosphorylase (TP), which is responsible for the preferential tumor activation of capecitabine...
- PYRIMIDINE NUCLEOSIDE PHOSPHORYLASES IN CHEMOTHERAPYSHIH CHU; Fiscal Year: 1992..2. Biological testing of these new agents as inhibitors of uridine phosphorylase and, where indicated, thymidine phosphorylase, as transport inhibitors, anti-tumor agents and potentiators both in vitro and in vivo, and as tools for ..
- Phase l study of 131 I-HuA33 with oral capecitabine in*Andrew Scott; Fiscal Year: 2006..The final conversion to 5-FU is by thymidine phosphorylase, which is much more active in colorectal tumor tissue compared to normal tissues...
- MOLECULAR PROGNOSTIC INDICATORS IN ESOPHAGEAL CANCERPeter Danenberg; Fiscal Year: 2001..will investigate the association between intratumoral expressions of thymidylate synthase, ERCC1, thymidine phosphorylase, bcl-2, bax and the p53 mutational status in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma ..
- ENZYME MARKER FOR HEMATOPOIETIC CELLSSohaib Khan; Fiscal Year: 1980b>Thymidine phosphorylase activity will be measured in leukemic cell lines of T- and B-cell origin. The enzyme activity will also be followed in human leukemias...
- Pathogenesis of a Novel Limb-Girdle Muscular DystrophyMichio Hirano; Fiscal Year: 2003..For the patients, achieving the proposed goals will allow more accurate prenatal diagnosis, genetic counseling, and perhaps contribute to more rational therapies in the future. ..
- Effect of ethanol on retinoid metabolism and signaling in zebrafish embryosWILLIAM BOSRON; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will assess the feasibility of performing targeted proteomics studies with tissues from other populations that express different SNPs in alcohol metabolizing enzymes. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Role of Mitochondrial DNA Alterations in CancerLee Jun Wong; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results from this research project will help us understand the functional role of mitochondrial DNA alterations in cancer and identify potential novel targets for more effective therapeutic development. ..
- TRANSITION STATE ANALYSIS OF ENZYMATIC REACTIONSVern Schramm; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable]..
- Toxoplasma Adenosine Kinase & ChemotherapyMAHMOUD EL KOUNI; Fiscal Year: 2007..Determine the mechanism of selective toxicity of active compounds. These studies will utilize the complementary strengths of the investigators in a collaborative, integrated effort to achieve these goals. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Retinoid Metabolism in Hepatitic Stellate CellsWILLIAM BOSRON; Fiscal Year: 2005..Inhibitors of retinyl ester hydrolysis in stellate cells may be an effective therapeutic strategy for arresting stellate cell activation early in hepatic fibrosis. ..
- CALGB STUDIES OF BREAST CANCER IN THE ELDERLYRichard Schilsky; Fiscal Year: 2004..This well integrated project provides a multidisciplinary approach that will address many issues relevant to the treatment of elderly women with breast cancer. ..
- ERBB 2 ERBB 3 HETERODIMERIC RECEPTOR OF CARCINOMASYosef Yarden; Fiscal Year: 2004..This model will be examined by using mutant receptors, and the recycling machinery characterized in details. The suspected cancer-inhibitory activity of drugs interfering with ErbB routing will be tested in vivo. ..
- PERTUSSIS, DIPHTHERIA, CHOLERA TOXINS-INHIBITOR DESIGNVern Schramm; Fiscal Year: 2003..The goal of this work is to extend transition state inhibitor design to the complex reactions catalyzed by bacterial ADP-ribosylating toxins. ..
- CPT11 activation by carboxylesterases in colon cancerWILLIAM BOSRON; Fiscal Year: 2003..If there is a positive correlation, a future multi-institutional study will be proposed. ..
- Enhancement of 5-Fluorouracil Chemotherapeutic EfficacyMAHMOUD EL KOUNI; Fiscal Year: 2002..This will increase the use of FUra and enhance its commercial potential. Two patents have been awarded to protect the technology and were licensed to the Company. ..
- ADENOSINE KINASE TARGET FOR CHEMOTHERAPY IN TGONDIIMAHMOUD EL KOUNI; Fiscal Year: 2001..gondii; (3) evaluate active compounds as potential antitoxoplasmosis agents in vitro and in vivo. ..