Genomes and Genes
alkyl and aryl transferases
Summary: A somewhat heterogeneous class of enzymes that catalyze the transfer of alkyl or related groups (excluding methyl groups). EC 2.5.
Publications266 found, 100 shown here
- The family of terpene synthases in plants: a mid-size family of genes for specialized metabolism that is highly diversified throughout the kingdomFeng Chen
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Plant J 66:212-29. 2011..Evolutionary plasticity is evident in the TPS family, with closely related enzymes differing in their product profiles, subcellular localization, or the in planta substrates they use...
- Inhibition of leaf senescence by autoregulated production of cytokininS Gan
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 53706 1569, USA
Science 270:1986-8. 1995..This result demonstrates that endogenously produced cytokinin can regulate senescence and provides a system to specifically manipulate the senescence program...
- Monoterpene and sesquiterpene synthases and the origin of terpene skeletal diversity in plantsJörg Degenhardt
Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Institute for Pharmacy, Halle Saale, Germany
Phytochemistry 70:1621-37. 2009....
- Functional annotation, genome organization and phylogeny of the grapevine (Vitis vinifera) terpene synthase gene family based on genome assembly, FLcDNA cloning, and enzyme assaysDiane M Martin
Michael Smith Laboratories, University of British Columbia, 2185 East Mall, Vancouver, B C, V6T 1Z4, Canada
BMC Plant Biol 10:226. 2010....
- Expression of cytokinin biosynthetic isopentenyltransferase genes in Arabidopsis: tissue specificity and regulation by auxin, cytokinin, and nitrateKaori Miyawaki
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Science, Osaka University, Toyonaka, Osaka 560 0043, Japan
Plant J 37:128-38. 2004..They were expressed ubiquitously, with highest expression in proliferating tissues. These findings are discussed in relation to the role of cytokinins in plant development...
- Auxin controls local cytokinin biosynthesis in the nodal stem in apical dominanceMina Tanaka
Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Furo cho, Chikusa, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
Plant J 45:1028-36. 2006....
- Terpenoid metabolism in wild-type and transgenic Arabidopsis plantsAsaph Aharoni
Plant Research International, 6700 AA, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Plant Cell 15:2866-84. 2003..This study further demonstrates the value of Arabidopsis for studies of the biosynthesis and ecological role of terpenoids and provides new insights into their metabolism in wild-type and transgenic plants...
- In vivo evidence that Ids3 from Hordeum vulgare encodes a dioxygenase that converts 2'-deoxymugineic acid to mugineic acid in transgenic riceT Kobayashi
Laboratory of Plant Molecular Physiology, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Tokyo, 1-1 Yayoi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8657, Japan
Planta 212:864-71. 2001..Both kinds of transgenic rice secreted MA in addition to DMA under Fe-deficient conditions, but wild-type rice secreted only DMA. This is in vivo evidence that IDS3 is the "MA synthase" that converts DMA to MA...
- Ectopic expression of KNOTTED1-like homeobox protein induces expression of cytokinin biosynthesis genes in riceTomoaki Sakamoto
Field Production Science Center, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Nishi Tokyo, Tokyo 188 0002, Japan
Plant Physiol 142:54-62. 2006....
- Identification of plant cytokinin biosynthetic enzymes as dimethylallyl diphosphate:ATP/ADP isopentenyltransferasesT Kakimoto
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Science, Osaka University, and Recognition and Formation, PRESTO, JST, Osaka, 560 0043, Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 42:677-85. 2001..AtIPT4 did not exhibit the DMAPP:tRNA isopentenyltransferase activity. These results indicate that cytokinins are, at least in part, synthesized from ATP and ADP in plants...
- Identification of genes encoding adenylate isopentenyltransferase, a cytokinin biosynthesis enzyme, in Arabidopsis thalianaK Takei
Department of Biological Mechanisms and Functions, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Chikusa, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:26405-10. 2001..A purified recombinant AtIPT1 catalyzed the formation of iPMP from DMAPP and AMP. These results indicate that the small multigene family contains both types of isopentenyltransferase, which could synthesize cytokinin and mature tRNA...
- Effects of P(SAG12)-IPT gene expression on development and senescence in transgenic lettuceM S McCabe
Plant Science Division, School of Biosciences, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RD, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol 127:505-16. 2001....
- PSY3, a new member of the phytoene synthase gene family conserved in the Poaceae and regulator of abiotic stress-induced root carotenogenesisFaqiang Li
Department of Biological Sciences, Lehman College, The City University of New York, Bronx, NY 10468, USA
Plant Physiol 146:1333-45. 2008....
- Repair of O(6)-alkylguanine by alkyltransferasesA E Pegg
Departments of Cellular and Molecular Physiology and Pharmacology, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, P O Box 850, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA, USA
Mutat Res 462:83-100. 2000..Several polymorphisms in the human alkyltransferase gene have been identified but the significance of these in terms of alkyltransferase action is currently unknown...
- Prenylation of oncogenic human PTP(CAAX) protein tyrosine phosphatasesC A Cates
Department of Biology, Indiana University Purdue University at Indianapolis, 46202, USA
Cancer Lett 110:49-55. 1996..Thus, PTP(CAAXI) and PTP(CAAX2) represent a novel class of isoprenylated, oncogenic protein tyrosine phosphatases...
- Deciphering the genomic structure, function and evolution of carotenogenesis related phytoene synthases in grassesBianca Dibari
INRA UMR 1095 Génétique Diversité Ecophysiologie des Céréales GDEC, Clermont Ferrand, France
BMC Genomics 13:221. 2012..PSY are nuclear enzymes encoded by a small gene family consisting of three paralogous genes (PSY1-3) that have been widely characterized in rice, maize and sorghum...
- Elevated nicotianamine levels in Arabidopsis halleri roots play a key role in zinc hyperaccumulationUlrich Deinlein
Department of Plant Physiology, University of Bayreuth, 95440 Bayreuth, Germany
Plant Cell 24:708-23. 2012..These results demonstrate a role for NAS2 in Zn hyperaccumulation also under near-natural conditions. We propose that NA forms complexes with Zn(II) in root cells and facilitates symplastic passage of Zn(II) toward the xylem...
- Biosynthesis of cytokininsTatsuo Kakimoto
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Science, Osaka University, Toyonaka, Osaka 560 0043, Japan
J Plant Res 116:233-9. 2003..The isopentenylated side chain is hydroxylated to form zeatin-type cytokinins. An alternative pathway, in which a hydroxylated side chain is directly added to the N(6) position of the adenine moiety, has also been suggested...
- Terpenoid synthase structures: a so far incomplete view of complex catalysisYang Gao
Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics, and Molecular Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Nat Prod Rep 29:1153-75. 2012..Accordingly, selected examples are discussed here to demonstrate our current understanding, its limits, and potential ways forward...
- Application of two bicistronic systems involving 2A and IRES sequences to the biosynthesis of carotenoids in rice endospermSun Hwa Ha
National Academy of Agricultural Science, Rural Development Administration, Suwon, Korea
Plant Biotechnol J 8:928-38. 2010..Thus, the 2A expression system described herein is an effective new tool for multigene stacking in crop biotechnology...
- Cloning and characterization of a novel gene that encodes (S)-beta-bisabolene synthase from ginger, Zingiber officinaleMasaki Fujisawa
Central Laboratories for Frontier Technology, Kirin Holdings Co Ltd, i BIRD, Nonoichi, Ishikawa, Japan
Planta 232:121-30. 2010..The ZoTps1 transcript was detected in young rhizomes, but not in leaves, roots and mature rhizomes of the ginger "Kintoki"...
- PCR identification of durum wheat BAC clones containing genes coding for carotenoid biosynthesis enzymes and their chromosome localizationA Cenci
Dipartimento Biologia e Chimica Agro Forestale e Ambientale, Universita degli Studi di Bari, Via G Amendola 165 A, 70126 Bari, Italia
Genome 47:911-7. 2004..The strategies used for the PCR screening of large BAC libraries and for the differentiation of BAC clones from different genomes in a polyploid species are discussed...
- Actin' up: RhoB in cancer and apoptosisG C Prendergast
The DuPont Pharmaceuticals Company, Glenolden Laboratory, Pennsylvania 19004, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 1:162-8. 2001..Genetic analysis in mice indicates that RhoB is dispensable for normal cell physiology, but that it has a suppressor or negative modifier function in stress-associated processes, including cancer...
- Molecular basis for cytokinin biosynthesisTomoe Kamada-Nobusada
RIKEN Plant Science Center, Tsurumi, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
Phytochemistry 70:444-9. 2009..Collectively, these advances have revealed the complexity of the entire metabolic scheme for CK biosynthesis...
- Metabolic engineering of sesquiterpene metabolism in yeastShunji Takahashi
Department of Plant and Soil Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40546 0312, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 97:170-81. 2007....
- A maize (E)-beta-caryophyllene synthase implicated in indirect defense responses against herbivores is not expressed in most American maize varietiesTobias G Köllner
Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, D 07745 Jena, Germany
Plant Cell 20:482-94. 2008..We argue that the (E)-beta-caryophyllene defense signal was lost during breeding of the North American lines and that its restoration might help to increase the resistance of these lines against agronomically important pests...
- Three nicotianamine synthase genes isolated from maize are differentially regulated by iron nutritional statusDaichi Mizuno
Department of Applied Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Science, University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Plant Physiol 132:1989-97. 2003..8 kD) than ZmNAS1, ZmNAS3, and previously characterized NAS proteins (30-38 kD) from other plant species. We reveal that maize has two types of NAS proteins based on their expression pattern and subcellular localization...
- Proteolysis-independent downregulation of DELLA repression in Arabidopsis by the gibberellin receptor GIBBERELLIN INSENSITIVE DWARF1Tohru Ariizumi
Department of Crop and Soil Science, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6420, USA
Plant Cell 20:2447-59. 2008..Thus, a SLY1-independent mechanism for GA signaling may function without DELLA degradation...
- The maize gene terpene synthase 1 encodes a sesquiterpene synthase catalyzing the formation of (E)-beta-farnesene, (E)-nerolidol, and (E,E)-farnesol after herbivore damageChristiane Schnee
Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, Winzerlaer Strasse 10, D 07745 Jena, Germany
Plant Physiol 130:2049-60. 2002..In contrast, the increase in the transcript level of the tps1 gene or gene homolog in the maize cv Delprim after herbivory was less pronounced, suggesting that the regulation of terpene synthase expression may vary among maize varieties...
- Diversity of sesquiterpene synthases in the basidiomycete Coprinus cinereusSean Agger
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biophysics, University of Minnesota, 1479 Gortner Avenue, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
Mol Microbiol 72:1181-95. 2009..cinereus and other Coprinus species...
- Targeted proteomics using selected reaction monitoring reveals the induction of specific terpene synthases in a multi-level study of methyl jasmonate-treated Norway spruce (Picea abies)Katherine G Zulak
Michael Smith Laboratories, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Plant J 60:1015-30. 2009....
- Dammarenediol-II synthase, the first dedicated enzyme for ginsenoside biosynthesis, in Panax ginsengPimpimon Tansakul
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
FEBS Lett 580:5143-9. 2006..LC-MS and NMR analyses identified the accumulated product in the yeast transformant to be dammarenediol-II, demonstrating PNA to encode dammarenediol-II synthase...
- Hypersensitivity of abscisic acid-induced cytosolic calcium increases in the Arabidopsis farnesyltransferase mutant era1-2Gethyn J Allen
Cell and Developmental Biology Section, Division of Biology and Center for Molecular Genetics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0116, USA
Plant Cell 14:1649-62. 2002....
- The Arabidopsis mutant sleepy1gar2-1 protein promotes plant growth by increasing the affinity of the SCFSLY1 E3 ubiquitin ligase for DELLA protein substratesXiangdong Fu
John Ines Centre, Norwich NR4 7UH, United Kingdom
Plant Cell 16:1406-18. 2004..Growth-promoting DELLA destruction is dependent on SLY1 availability, on the strength of the interaction between SLY1 and the DELLA target, and on promotion of the SCFSLY1-DELLA interaction by DELLA phosphorylation...
- Two terpene synthases are responsible for the major sesquiterpenes emitted from the flowers of kiwifruit (Actinidia deliciosa)Niels J Nieuwenhuizen
The New Zealand Institute for Plant and Food Research Ltd, Private Bag 92 169, Auckland, New Zealand
J Exp Bot 60:3203-19. 2009..The results indicate that two genes can account for the major floral sesquiterpene volatiles observed in both male and female A. deliciosa flowers...
- Farnesylation directs AtIPT3 subcellular localization and modulates cytokinin biosynthesis in ArabidopsisArnaud Galichet
Institute of Plant Sciences, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Plant Physiol 146:1155-64. 2008..In addition, mutation of the farnesyl acceptor cysteine-333 of AtIPT3 abolishes cytokinin production, suggesting that cysteine-333 has a dual and essential role for AtIPT3 farnesylation and catalytic activity...
- Metabolic engineering of potato carotenoid content through tuber-specific overexpression of a bacterial mini-pathwayGianfranco Diretto
Ente per le Nuove Tecnologie, l Energia e l Ambiente ENEA, Casaccia Research Center, Roma, Italy
PLoS ONE 2:e350. 2007..Potato is the most important staple food for mankind after the cereals rice, wheat and maize, and is extremely poor in provitamin A carotenoids...
- Expression of carotenoid biosynthesis genes during carrot root developmentJérémy Clotault
Institut National d Horticulture, IFR 149 QUASAV, UMR 1259 GenHort, F 49045 Angers, France
J Exp Bot 59:3563-73. 2008....
- Formation of monoterpenes in Antirrhinum majus and Clarkia breweri flowers involves heterodimeric geranyl diphosphate synthasesDorothea Tholl
Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, D 007745 Jena, Germany
Plant Cell 16:977-92. 2004..LSU mRNA levels did not, indicating that the levels of GPPS.SSU, but not GPPS.LSU, might play a key role in regulating the formation of GPPS and, thus, monoterpene biosynthesis...
- Provitamin A accumulation in cassava (Manihot esculenta) roots driven by a single nucleotide polymorphism in a phytoene synthase geneRalf Welsch
University of Freiburg, Faculty of Biology, Freiburg, Germany
Plant Cell 22:3348-56. 2010..This newly characterized PSY allele provides means to improve cassava provitamin A content in cassava roots through both breeding and genetic modification...
- Cytokinin-mediated source/sink modifications improve drought tolerance and increase grain yield in rice under water-stressZvi Peleg
Department of Plant Sciences, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
Plant Biotechnol J 9:747-58. 2011..As a result, the transgenic plants had higher GY with improved quality (nutrients and starch content)...
- A member of the maize isopentenyl transferase gene family, Zea mays isopentenyl transferase 2 (ZmIPT2), encodes a cytokinin biosynthetic enzyme expressed during kernel development. Cytokinin biosynthesis in maizeNorbert Brugière
Discovery Group Agronomic Traits, Pioneer Hi Bred International, Inc, A DuPont Business, Johnston, IA 50131 0522, USA
Plant Mol Biol 67:215-29. 2008..The expression pattern of ZmIPT2 in the BETL, endosperm and embryo during kernel development will be discussed with an emphasis on the suggested role of CKs in determining sink-strength and grain production in crop plants...
- Nicotianamine, a novel enhancer of rice iron bioavailability to humansLuqing Zheng
State Key Laboratory of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
PLoS ONE 5:e10190. 2010..Thus, biofortifying the rice grain with novel promoters or enhancers of Fe utilization would be one of the most effective strategies to prevent the high prevalence of Fe deficiency and iron deficiency anemia in the developing world...
- Altered cytokinin metabolism affects cytokinin, auxin, and abscisic acid contents in leaves and chloroplasts, and chloroplast ultrastructure in transgenic tobaccoLenka Polanská
Institute of Experimental Botany AS CR, Rozvojova 135, 165 02 Prague 6 Lysolaje, Czech Republic
J Exp Bot 58:637-49. 2007..The results suggest that plant hormone compartmentation plays an important role in hormone homeostasis and that chloroplasts are rather independent organelles with respect to regulation of CK metabolism...
- Structure and mechanism of the diterpene cyclase ent-copalyl diphosphate synthaseMustafa Köksal
Roy and Diana Vagelos Laboratories, Department of Chemistry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Nat Chem Biol 7:431-3. 2011..Modular domain architecture in plant diterpene cyclases enables the evolution of alternative active sites and chemical strategies for catalyzing isoprenoid cyclization reactions...
- Genetic and biochemical basis for alternative routes of tocotrienol biosynthesis for enhanced vitamin E antioxidant productionChunyu Zhang
National Key Laboratory of Crop Genetic Improvement and College of Plant Science and Technology, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, 430070, China
Plant J 73:628-39. 2013..Finally, combined expression of HPPD/TyrA and HGGT in Arabidopsis leaves and seeds resulted in large additive increases in vitamin E production, indicating that homogentisate concentrations limit HGGT-catalyzed tocotrienol synthesis...
- RhoA-dependent PAI-1 gene expression induced in endothelial cells by monocyte adhesion mediates geranylgeranyl transferase I and Ca2+ signalingTakayuki Sakamoto
First Department of Internal Medicine, Fukushima Medical University, Fukushima, Japan
Atherosclerosis 193:44-54. 2007..The present study shows that GGTase I plays a role in the RhoA activation in endothelial cells induced by monocyte adhesion and that GGTase I-mediated Ca(2+) signaling may contribute to RhoA-dependent PAI-1 gene expression...
- Arabidopsis thaliana nicotianamine synthase 4 is required for proper response to iron deficiency and to cadmium exposureEmmanuel Koen
UMR 1347 Agroécologie AgroSup Dijon INRA Université de Bourgogne, Pôle Mécanisme et Gestion des Interactions Plantes microorganismes ERL CNRS 6300, Dijon, France
Plant Sci 209:1-11. 2013..Collectively, our data, together with recent studies, support the hypothesis that AtNAS4 displays an important role in iron distribution and is required for proper response to iron deficiency and to cadmium supply...
- The Arabidopsis GA1 locus encodes the cyclase ent-kaurene synthetase A of gibberellin biosynthesisT P Sun
Department of Botany, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708 1000
Plant Cell 6:1509-18. 1994..Subcellular localization of the GA1 protein was studied using 35S-labeled GA1 protein and isolated pea chloroplasts. The results showed that the GA1 protein is imported into and processed in pea chloroplasts in vitro...
- High cytokinin levels induce a hypersensitive-like response in tobaccoJan Novak
Department of Molecular Biology and Radiobiology, Mendel University in Brno, Zemedelska 1, CZ 613 00 Brno, Czech Republic
Ann Bot 112:41-55. 2013..In this study, a diverse set of processes that link ipt activation to necrotic lesion formation were investigated in order to evaluate the potential of cytokinins as signals and/or mediators in plant defence against pathogens...
- Root-to-shoot long-distance circulation of nicotianamine and nicotianamine-nickel chelates in the metal hyperaccumulator Thlaspi caerulescensStéphane Mari
Biochimie et Physiologie Moleculaire des Plantes, CNRS UMR 5004, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Universite Montpellier 2, Ecole Nationale Supérieure d Agronomie, 2 place Viala, F 34060 Montpellier cedex 2, France
J Exp Bot 57:4111-22. 2006..arvense. Taken together, the results provide direct physiological and chemical evidence for NA and NA-heavy metal complex translocation in a hyperaccumulator species...
- Agrobacterium tumefaciens tumor morphology root plastid localization and preferential usage of hydroxylated prenyl donor is important for efficient gall formationNanae Ueda
RIKEN Plant Science Center, Tsurumi, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
Plant Physiol 159:1064-72. 2012..Tmr is thus specialized for plastid localization and preferential usage of 1-hydroxy-2-methyl-2-(E)-butenyl 4-diphosphate in vivo and is important for efficient gall formation...
- Biosynthesis and localization of parthenolide in glandular trichomes of feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium L. Schulz Bip.)Mohammad Majdi
Plant Breeding and Biotechnology Department, Faculty of Agriculture, Tarbiat Modares University, P O Box 14115 336, Tehran, Iran
Phytochemistry 72:1739-50. 2011..The high expression of TpGAS in glandular trichomes which also contain the highest concentration of parthenolide, suggests that glandular trichomes are the secretory tissues where parthenolide biosynthesis and accumulation occur...
- QTL and candidate genes phytoene synthase and zeta-carotene desaturase associated with the accumulation of carotenoids in maizeJ C Wong
Department of Crop Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Theor Appl Genet 108:349-59. 2004..If the QTL identified in this study are confirmed, particularly those associated with candidates genes, they could be used in an efficient marker-assisted selection program to facilitate increasing levels of carotenoids in maize grain...
- Nucleotide diversity and molecular evolution of the PSY1 gene in Zea mays compared to some other grass speciesZhiyuan Fu
National Maize Improvement Center of China, Key Laboratory of Crop Genomics and Genetic Improvement, China Agricultural University, Yuanmingyuan West Road, Haidian, Beijing, China
Theor Appl Genet 120:709-20. 2010..Coix, which was theorized to have a closer relationship with maize due to similarities in morphology and chromosome number, has been shown in this study to have diverged relatively early from the other Andropogoneae, including maize...
- Two nearly identical terpene synthases catalyze the formation of nerolidol and linalool in snapdragon flowersDinesh A Nagegowda
Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Plant J 55:224-39. 2008..By directing nearly identical bifunctional enzymes to more than one cellular compartment, plants extend the range of available substrates for enzyme utilization, thus increasing the diversity of the metabolites produced...
- Nonseed plant Selaginella moellendorffi [corrected] has both seed plant and microbial types of terpene synthasesGuanglin Li
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:14711-5. 2012..The presence of two distinct types of TPSs in the genome of S. moellendorffi [corrected] raises the possibility that the TPSs in other plant species may also have more than one evolutionary origin...
- Recent advances in the study of prenylated proteinsM Sinensky
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, James H Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN 37614 0581, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1484:93-106. 2000..Recent advances in the enzymology and function of protein prenylation are reviewed in this article...
- Rab geranylgeranyl transferase alpha mutation in the gunmetal mouse reduces Rab prenylation and platelet synthesisJ C Detter
Departments of Medicine, Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, and Pediatrics, and Center for Mammalian Genetics, University of Florida, 1600 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:4144-9. 2000..These findings indicate that geranylgeranylation of Rab GTPases is critical for hemostasis. Rab GGTase inhibition may represent a new treatment for thrombocytosis and clotting disorders...
- Regulated expression of an isopentenyltransferase gene (IPT) in peanut significantly improves drought tolerance and increases yield under field conditionsHua Qin
College of Life Sciences, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China
Plant Cell Physiol 52:1904-14. 2011....
- Terpene synthases and the regulation, diversity and biological roles of terpene metabolismDorothea Tholl
Department of Biological Sciences, Fralin Biotechnology Center, Virginia Tech University, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
Curr Opin Plant Biol 9:297-304. 2006..Engineering the activities of terpene synthases provides opportunities for detailed functional evaluations of terpene metabolites in planta...
- Domain loss has independently occurred multiple times in plant terpene synthase evolutionMatthew L Hillwig
Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics, and Molecular Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Plant J 68:1051-60. 2011....
- Transcriptome mining, functional characterization, and phylogeny of a large terpene synthase gene family in spruce (Picea spp.)Christopher I Keeling
Michael Smith Laboratories, University of British Columbia, 301 2185 East Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada
BMC Plant Biol 11:43. 2011..These compounds contribute to defence against herbivores and pathogens and perhaps also protect against abiotic stress...
- Allelic variation at Psy1-A1 and association with yellow pigment in durum wheat grainA Singh
Crop Development Centre, University of Saskatchewan, 51 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Theor Appl Genet 118:1539-48. 2009..The functional co-dominant marker developed in this study differentiates the Psy1-A1 alleles reported here and could be used as a target to enhance YP selection in durum wheat breeding programs...
- Seed germination of GA-insensitive sleepy1 mutants does not require RGL2 protein disappearance in ArabidopsisTohru Ariizumi
Department of Crop and Soil Science, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6420, USA
Plant Cell 19:791-804. 2007..Without GA, several GA-induced genes show increased accumulation in sly1 seeds compared with ga1-3. It is possible that the RGL2 repressor of seed germination is inactivated by after-ripening of sly1 mutant seeds...
- White mutants of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii are defective in phytoene synthaseSarah S McCarthy
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 3102, USA
Genetics 168:1249-57. 2004..Transformation with a wild-type copy of the phytoene synthase gene was able to complement the lts1-210 mutation. Together, these results show that all the white mutants examined in this work are affected in the phytoene synthase gene...
- Cloning and sequence analysis of the phytoene synthase gene from a unicellular chlorophyte, Dunaliella salinaYuan Yan
College of Food and Biotechnology, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou 510640, People s Republic of China
J Agric Food Chem 53:1466-9. 2005..The D. salina Psy amino acid has a 78-89% similarity with many other higher plants, but a phylogenic analysis shows a closer relationship between the microalgal and cyanobacterial Psy...
- Immunofluorescence localization of levopimaradiene/abietadiene synthase in methyl jasmonate treated stems of Sitka spruce (Picea sitchensis) shows activation of diterpenoid biosynthesis in cortical and developing traumatic resin ductsKatherine G Zulak
Michael Smith Laboratories, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Phytochemistry 71:1695-9. 2010..Overall, the results of this work improve our understanding of spatial and temporal patterns of induced diterpene resin acid biosynthesis in conifers...
- A novel pathway for sesquiterpene biosynthesis from Z,Z-farnesyl pyrophosphate in the wild tomato Solanum habrochaitesChristophe Sallaud
Librophyt, Centre de Cadarache, 13115 St Paul Lez Durance, France
Plant Cell 21:301-17. 2009..These results provide novel insights into sesquiterpene biosynthesis and have general implications concerning sesquiterpene engineering in plants...
- The Arabidopsis F-box protein SLEEPY1 targets gibberellin signaling repressors for gibberellin-induced degradationAlyssa Dill
Department of Biology, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708 1000, USA
Plant Cell 16:1392-405. 2004..This effect of sly1-d appears to be caused by an enhanced interaction between sly1-d and the DELLA proteins...
- Transgenic tall fescue containing the Agrobacterium tumefaciens ipt gene shows enhanced cold toleranceYuanlei Hu
National Lab of Protein Engineering and Genetic Engineering of Plants, Peking University, Beijing, 100871, China
Plant Cell Rep 23:705-9. 2005..Tillering ability, levels of chlorophyll a and b, and cold tolerance were greatly increased in the transgenic turfgrass, which resulted in the plants remaining more vigorous and staying green longer under lower temperatures...
- Rab escort protein-1 is a multifunctional protein that accompanies newly prenylated rab proteins to their target membranesK Alexandrov
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 13:5262-73. 1994..These data suggest that REP-1 is per se sufficient to chaperone newly prenylated rab proteins to their target membranes...
- The maize phytoene synthase gene family: overlapping roles for carotenogenesis in endosperm, photomorphogenesis, and thermal stress toleranceFaqiang Li
Department of Biological Sciences, Lehman College, The City University of New York, Bronx, New York 10468, USA
Plant Physiol 147:1334-46. 2008..Leaf carotenogenesis was shown to require phytochrome-dependent and phytochrome-independent photoregulation of PSY2 plus nonphotoregulated PSY1 expression...
- Structure of Rab escort protein-1 in complex with Rab geranylgeranyltransferaseOlena Pylypenko
Department of Biomolecular Mechanisms, Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, Jahnstrasse 29, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cell 11:483-94. 2003..Comparing the structure of REP-1 with the closely related RabGDI, we conclude that the specificity of the REP:RabGGTase interaction is defined by differently positioned phenylalanine residues conserved in the REP and GDI subfamilies...
- Amorpha-4,11-diene synthase catalyses the first probable step in artemisinin biosynthesisH J Bouwmeester
Research Institute for Agrobiology and Soil Fertility AB DLO, Wageningen, Netherlands
Phytochemistry 52:843-54. 1999..annua and the high activity of amorpha-4,11-diene synthase all support that amorpha-4,11-diene is the likely olefinic sesquiterpene intermediate in the biosynthesis of artemisinin...
- Primary coenzyme Q deficiency in Pdss2 mutant mice causes isolated renal diseaseMin Peng
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS Genet 4:e1000061. 2008..These data suggest that disease manifestations of CoQ deficiency relate to tissue-specific respiratory capacity thresholds, with glomerular podocytes displaying the greatest sensitivity to Pdss2 impairment...
- Phenotypes of fission yeast defective in ubiquinone production due to disruption of the gene for p-hydroxybenzoate polyprenyl diphosphate transferaseN Uchida
Department of Applied Bioscience and Biotechnology, Faculty of Life and Environmental Science, Shimane University, Matsue 690 8504, Japan
J Bacteriol 182:6933-9. 2000..Thus, analysis of the phenotypes of S. pombe strains deficient in ubiquinone production clearly demonstrates that ubiquinone has multiple functions in the cell apart from being an integral component of the electron transfer system...
- Delayed leaf senescence induces extreme drought tolerance in a flowering plantRosa M Rivero
Department of Plant Sciences, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:19631-6. 2007..The production of drought-tolerant crops able to grow under restricted water regimes without diminution of yield would minimize drought-related losses and ensure food production in water-limited lands...
- Cloning, expression, purification and characterization of recombinant (+)-germacrene D synthase from Zingiber officinaleSarah Picaud
Department of Chemistry and Biomedical Sciences, University of Kalmar, SE 39182 Kalmar, Sweden
Arch Biochem Biophys 452:17-28. 2006..The Km- and kcat-values are 0.88 microM and 3.34 x 10(-3) s(-1), respectively. A reaction mechanism involving a double 1,2-hydride shift has been established using deuterium labeled substrates in combination with GC-MS analysis...
- Laser microdissection of conifer stem tissues: isolation and analysis of high quality RNA, terpene synthase enzyme activity and terpenoid metabolites from resin ducts and cambial zone tissue of white spruce (Picea glauca)Eric Abbott
Michael Smith Laboratories, University of British Columbia, 2185 East Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z4, Canada
BMC Plant Biol 10:106. 2010..These tissues are difficult to isolate for tissue-specific molecular and biochemical characterization and are thus good targets for application of LMD...
- The GA2 locus of Arabidopsis thaliana encodes ent-kaurene synthase of gibberellin biosynthesisS Yamaguchi
Frontier Research Program, The Institute of Physical and Chemical Reasearch RIKEN, Hirosawa, Japan
Plant Physiol 116:1271-8. 1998..Sequence analysis revealed that a C-2099 to T base substitution, which converts Gln-678 codon to a stop codon, is present in the AtKS cDNA from the ga2-1 mutant. Taken together, our results show that the GA2 locus encodes KS...
- Leigh syndrome with nephropathy and CoQ10 deficiency due to decaprenyl diphosphate synthase subunit 2 (PDSS2) mutationsLuis Carlos López
Department of Neurology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Hum Genet 79:1125-9. 2006..This is the first description of pathogenic mutations in PDSS2 and confirms the molecular and clinical heterogeneity of primary CoQ(10) deficiency...
- COQ2 nephropathy: a newly described inherited mitochondriopathy with primary renal involvementFrancesca Diomedi-Camassei
Divisions of Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital and Research Institute, Rome, Italy
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:2773-80. 2007..COQ2 nephropathy should be suspected when electron microscopy shows an increased number of abnormal mitochondria in podocytes and other glomerular cells...
- Traumatic resin defense in Norway spruce (Picea abies): methyl jasmonate-induced terpene synthase gene expression, and cDNA cloning and functional characterization of (+)-3-carene synthaseJenny Fäldt
Biotechnology Laboratory, Department of Botany and Department of Forest Sciences, University of British Columbia, 6174 University Boulevard, Vancouver V6T 1Z3, BC Canada
Plant Mol Biol 51:119-33. 2003..3-Carene is a characteristic monoterpene of constitutive and induced oleoresin defense of Norway spruce and other members of the Pinaceae...
- Identifying and manipulating structural determinates linking catalytic specificities in terpene synthasesBryan T Greenhagen
Plant Biology Program, Department of Plant and Soil Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40546 0312, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:9826-31. 2006....
- Temperature response of isoprene emission in vivo reflects a combined effect of substrate limitations and isoprene synthase activity: a kinetic analysisBahtijor Rasulov
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia
Plant Physiol 154:1558-70. 2010..These results have important implications for the development of process-based models of isoprene emission...
- Rose scent: genomics approach to discovering novel floral fragrance-related genesInna Guterman
Institute of Plant Sciences and Genetics in Agriculture, Faculty of Agricultural, Food, and Environmental Quality Sciences, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, P O Box 12, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Plant Cell 14:2325-38. 2002..EST sequences were submitted to the GenBank database (accession numbers BQ 103855 to BQ 106728)...
- Transgenic rice (Oryza sativa) endosperm expressing daffodil (Narcissus pseudonarcissus) phytoene synthase accumulates phytoene, a key intermediate of provitamin A biosynthesisP K Burkhardt
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Institute for Plant Sciences, Zurich, Switzerland
Plant J 11:1071-8. 1997..These results have important implications for long-term prospects of overcoming worldwide vitamin A deficiency...
- Senescence-induced ectopic expression of the A. tumefaciens ipt gene in wheat delays leaf senescence, increases cytokinin content, nitrate influx, and nitrate reductase activity, but does not affect grain yieldBlanka Sýkorová
Institute of Experimental Botany, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Rozvojova 263, 16502 Prague 6, Czech Republic
J Exp Bot 59:377-87. 2008..This delay interferes with the wheat reproductive strategy that is based on a fast programmed translocation of metabolites from the senescing leaves to the reproductive sinks shortly after anthesis...
- Identification, functional characterization and developmental regulation of sesquiterpene synthases from sunflower capitate glandular trichomesJens C Göpfert
University of Hohenheim, Institute of Botany 210, Garbenstrasse 30, 70599 Stuttgart, Germany
BMC Plant Biol 9:86. 2009....
- Alteration of product formation by directed mutagenesis and truncation of the multiple-product sesquiterpene synthases delta-selinene synthase and gamma-humulene synthaseDawn B Little
Institute of Biological Chemistry, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 6340, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 402:120-35. 2002..Finally, mutation of an active-site tyrosine residue thought to play a role in proton exchange had little influence; however, substitution of a nearby active site aspartate dramatically altered kinetics and product outcome...
- Characterization of phytoene synthase 1 gene (Psy1) located on common wheat chromosome 7A and development of a functional markerX Y He
Institute of Crop Science, National Wheat Improvement Center The National Key Facility for Crop Gene Resources and Genetic Improvement, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences CAAS, Zhongguancun South Street 12, Beijing 100081, China
Theor Appl Genet 116:213-21. 2008..The results showed that the functional marker YP7A was closely related to grain YP content and, therefore, could be used in wheat breeding programs targeting of YP content for various wheat-based products...
- Does egg deposition by herbivorous pine sawflies affect transcription of sesquiterpene synthases in pine?Diana Köpke
Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, Beutenberg Campus, Hans Knöll Str 8, 07745, Jena, Germany
Planta 228:427-38. 2008..The ecological significance of the oviposition-induced increase of sesquiterpene synthase transcripts is discussed...
- Association between allelic variation at the Phytoene synthase 1 gene and yellow pigment content in the wheat grainW Zhang
Department of Plant Sciences, University of California, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Theor Appl Genet 116:635-45. 2008..In summary, our results support the hypothesis that allelic differences in PSY-1 and at least one additional gene in the distal region of the long arm of homoeologous group 7L are associated with differences in GYPC...
- Della proteins and gibberellin-regulated seed germination and floral development in ArabidopsisLudmila Tyler
Department of Biology, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
Plant Physiol 135:1008-19. 2004..Interestingly, RGL2 expression is regulated not only at the transcript level. We showed that RGL2 protein in imbibed seeds is rapidly degraded by GA treatment and that the F-box protein SLY1 is required for RGL2 degradation to occur...
- Cloning and characterization of two different types of geranyl diphosphate synthases from Norway spruce (Picea abies)Axel Schmidt
Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, Department of Biochemistry, Hans Knoll Strasse 8, D 07745 Jena, Germany
Phytochemistry 69:49-57. 2008..Hence these proteins may not be involved in monoterpene formation and could conceivably form products in addition to GPP in planta...
- Mechanistic studies on thiamin phosphate synthase: evidence for a dissociative mechanismJ J Reddick
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, 120 Baker Laboratory, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Biochemistry 40:10095-102. 2001....
- Characterization of al-2, the phytoene synthase gene of Neurospora crassa. Cloning, sequence analysis, and photoregulationT J Schmidhauser
School of Medicine, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale 62901 4413
J Biol Chem 269:12060-6. 1994..crassa mycelia. The photoinduced increase in al-2 mRNA levels was not observed in two Neurospora mutants, wc-1 and wc-2, that are defective in all physiological photoresponses...
- RhoB alteration is necessary for apoptotic and antineoplastic responses to farnesyltransferase inhibitorsA X Liu
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, Glenolden, Pennsylvania, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:6105-13. 2000..Significantly, the apoptotic defect of -/- cells compromised the antitumor efficacy of FTI in xenograft assays. This study offers genetic proof of the hypothesis that RhoB-GG is a crucial mediator of the antineoplastic effects of FTIs...
- Functional characterization of nine Norway Spruce TPS genes and evolution of gymnosperm terpene synthases of the TPS-d subfamilyDiane M Martin
Biotechnology Laboratory, University of British Columbia, Vancouver V6T 1Z3, British Columbia, Canada
Plant Physiol 135:1908-27. 2004..Similarities of TPS evolution in angiosperms and modeling of TPS protein structures are discussed...
- A third phytoene synthase is devoted to abiotic stress-induced abscisic acid formation in rice and defines functional diversification of phytoene synthase genesRalf Welsch
Faculty of Biology, Center for Applied Biosciences, University of Freiburg, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Plant Physiol 147:367-80. 2008..Since the genomic structures of OsPSY2 and OsPSY3 are comparable, we conclude that they originated from the most recent common ancestor, OsPSY1...
- BIOCHEMISTRY OF PROTEIN PRENYLATIONMichael Gelb; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- BIOCHEMICAL STUDIES OF 14 KDA PHOSPHOLIPASES A2Michael Gelb; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will contribute to our fundamental understanding of how mammalian cells initiate the eicosanoid cascade. ..
- Conference on Drug Against Tropical Protozoan ParasitesMichael Gelb; Fiscal Year: 2002..We consider the poster sessions that occur throughout our meeting to be just as important as the collection of lecture presentations. ..
- MULTIPLEX ANALYSIS OF INBORN ERRORS OF METABOLISMMichael Gelb; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Exploratory Trial of Curcumin in Pancreatic CancerRazelle Kurzrock; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies should provide the foundation for the development of curcumin as an anticancer agent and may lead to a novel approach to the management of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Early-onset retinal degenerationsSamuel Jacobson; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- TUMOR RADIOSENSITIZATION BY PRENYLTRANSFERASE INHIBITORSEric Bernhard; Fiscal Year: 2008..They may also provide a rationale for the application of FTIs in the treatment of tumors with RAS activation that is due to EGFR signaling. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FASEB Summer Conference, July 20-25, 2002Fuyuhiko Tamanoi; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our unique focus on lipid rafts and their significance in signal transduction as well as focus on cancer therapy and anti-parasite strategies promises to bring together a wide range of researchers. ..
- Farnesyltransferase Inhibitor Therapy for MyelodysplasiaRazelle Kurzrock; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PATHOGENESIS OF RETINAL DEGENERATIONSSamuel Jacobson; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of this research will lead to the formulation of hypotheses about the underlying molecular events in these diseases and may evolve into recommendations for treatment paradigms in these blinding retinal degenerations. ..
- Control of T Lymphopoiesis and Growth by Mad GenesBrian Iritani; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- A Molecular Approach For Opportunistic HIV-1 InfectionsKaren Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- OXIDATIVE PHOSPHORYLATION IN CELL GROWTH AND DEATHCARLOS TORRES MORAES; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Neuronal Survival by the Rit GTPaseDouglas Andres; Fiscal Year: 2008..Regulation of this novel Ras-related G-protein may have a pronounced impact on neuronal physiology and would make Rit and its effectors, potential targets for the development of new therapeutic strategies. ..
- Adaptive immunity of P. aeruginosa in cystic fibrosisGREGORY PRIEBE; Fiscal Year: 2006..Knowledge gained from these studies will elucidate new strategies for the prevention and treatment of P. aeruginosa infections in the setting of CF. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pathogenesis of choroidal neovascularizationRong Wen; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- INVESTIGATIONS OF MAMMALIAN AMINOPROPYLTRANSFERASESANTHONY PEGG; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Gene Therapy for Inherited Retinal DegenerationJean Bennett; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ability to rescue photoreceptors in the PDEbeta or abcr -based animal models could ultimately pave the way for genetic therapy as a treatment for blinding retinal diseases. ..
- Mechanism of combined 'epigenetic therapy' in myeloid malignanciesSteven Gore; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- AAV-mediated gene correction in retinaJean Bennett; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Targets for Drug and Radiation SensitivityStephen Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Microbial metabolism of aliphatic alkenes & epoxidesSCOTT ENSIGN; Fiscal Year: 2008..We intend to further our work on the central roles of carboxylation and novel cofactors/enzymes in bacterial hydrocarbon/epoxide/ketone metabolism by pursuing the biochemical, structural, and genetic characterization of these processes. ..
- Novel Approach to Study Transient Enzyme IntermediatesKaren Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will aid in pioneering a powerful and novel analytical methodology for detecting, characterizing and quantitating enzyme intermediates on a rapid time scale. ..
- Mouse Models of Mitochondrial EncephalomyopathiesCARLOS MORAES; Fiscal Year: 2009..We expect these studies to provide evidence that specific defects in the OXPHOS can manifest as distinct phenotypic alterations. ..
- Gene Therapy for Usher Syndrome (USH1C)Jean Bennett; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lung Cancer Chemoprevention using DeguelinHo Young Lee; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Universal Technology for Profiling the Dynamics of Normal & Oncogenic SignalingKaren Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Arsenic Trioxide in Primary Curative APL TherapySteven Gore; Fiscal Year: 2008..Success of this trial will potentially be followed by the testing of regimen against more conventional and more extensive treatment for APL in a Phase III trial. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Characterization of novel MurA inhibitorsErnst Schonbrunn; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-term goal of this proposal is to provide a basis for the rational design of novel potent broad-spectrum antibacterial drugs that specifically target MurA. ..
- Clinical Trials of FTI RadiosensitizationStephen Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specific molecular markers that are associated with activation of the Ras signaling pathway will be measured in NSCLC tumor biopsy specimens and will be related to the clinical efficacy of R115777 and radiotherapy. ..
- Xenogen's IVIS 100 Imaging SystemMark Kieran; Fiscal Year: 2004..This luciferase-based technology affords a superior method to achieve this aim. ..
- Sterol Biosynthesis in Trypanosomatid ParasitesFrederick Buckner; Fiscal Year: 2004..The drugs discovered in this research program will hopefully provide better future treatment for patients with these devastating diseases. ..
- ERBB 2 ERBB 3 HETERODIMERIC RECEPTOR OF CARCINOMASYosef Yarden; Fiscal Year: 2004..This model will be examined by using mutant receptors, and the recycling machinery characterized in details. The suspected cancer-inhibitory activity of drugs interfering with ErbB routing will be tested in vivo. ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF PHOTORECEPTOR DEGENERATIONRong Wen; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, combined treatment with neurotrophic factors and caspase inhibitors will be used to investigate if enhanced protection can be achieved. ..
- HARVARD PEDIATRIC BRAIN TUMOR CENTERMark Kieran; Fiscal Year: 2003..David Louis). In summary, we will bring the full thrust of a Comprehensive Cancer Center and the full services of a pediatric center to enhance the Consortium and our mutual missions. ..
- STRUCTURE AND MECHANISM OF PROTEIN PRENYLTRANSFERASESLORENA BEESE; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- DNA METHYLTRANSFERASE/HISTONE DEACETYLASE INHIBITIONSteven Gore; Fiscal Year: 2002..This will enable determination of the "molecular response rate" to this therapy and preliminary exploration of correlation between these molecular endpoints and clinical response. ..
- MECHANISTIC STUDIES ON PEP UTILIZING ENZYMESKaren Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition as the investigator develops the quantitative aspects of the rapid mixing, pulsed-flow ESI-MS technique further, she will extend the studies of these enzymes to determine the full kinetic profile. ..
- Animal Model for a Hereditary Macular DegenerationJean Bennett; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies aim to reveal specific biological pathways relevant to the pathology in this animal model. Any such pathways could potentially be manipulated in the future to slow/prevent the disease process. ..
- EXPLORING NUCLEAR-MITOCHONDRIAL DNA INTERACTIONSCARLOS MORAES; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will also study some physical and biochemical properties of oocyte mitochondria and test if these specific features are optimized for mitochondrial maintenance in the egg. ..
- RELEVANCE OF GENOMIC ALTERATIONS IN COLORECTAL CANCERWalter Curran; Fiscal Year: 2004..This work will enhance our understanding of the complex events in the MMR-pathway and also provide new diagnostic and prognostic methodologies to test in colorectal tumors. ..
- CHARACTERIZATION OF THE PRELAMIN A ENDOPROTEASEMichael Sinensky; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Cellular immunity to P. aeruginosa candidate vaccinesGREGORY PRIEBE; Fiscal Year: 2005..As a specialist in pediatric critical care and infectious diseases, his long-term goal is to develop effective immune-based interventions to prevent or ameliorate the consequences of P. aeruginosa infections. ..
- Regulation of Ras through the Ras GRF exchange factorRaymond Mattingly; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results are likely to be of fundamental importance to our comprehension of the role of the Ras/MAP kinase system in learning and memory. ..
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION OF EPOXIDE HYDROLASEDavid Christianson; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Rho Kinase in Aqueous Humor Outflow PathwayP Rao; Fiscal Year: 2004..Identification of specific signaling mechanisms regulating function of outflow pathway tissues could enable the design of target-specific approaches to the treatment of glaucoma. ..
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION OF CARBONIC ANHYDRASEDavid Christianson; Fiscal Year: 2001..The proposed work will answer the question: what structural features constitute an effective catalytic proton shuttle site in an enzyme? ..
- METAL CHELATION IN PROTEINS WITH POLYMETALLIC CLUSTERSDennis Winge; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- METAL HOMEOSTATIC MECHANISMS IN YEASTDennis Winge; Fiscal Year: 2007..Mac1 and Aftl/Aft2 are excellent model eukaryotic systems to study nutritional control of gone expression. Information gleaned on the mechanism of Cu- and Fe-regulation may be applicable to other species. ..
- 2005 CELL BIOLOGY OF METALS GORDON CONFERENCEDennis Winge; Fiscal Year: 2005..The novelty of the Cell Biology of Metals conference lies in the unique focus on cell biological issues related to metal ions and the integrated consideration of multiple metal ions that are essential to life. ..