Genomes and Genes
amino acid oxidoreductases
Summary: A class of enzymes that catalyze oxidation-reduction reactions of amino acids. EC 1.4.-.
Publications225 found, 100 shown here
- Ethylene biosynthesis and action in tomato: a model for climacteric fruit ripeningLucille Alexander
Plant Science Division, School of Biosciences, University of Nottingham, Sutton Bonington Campus, Loughborough LE12 5RD, UK
J Exp Bot 53:2039-55. 2002....
- Role of Lysyl oxidase-like 1 gene polymorphisms in Pakistani patients with pseudoexfoliative glaucomaShazia Micheal
Department of Biosciences, Faculty of Science, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan
Mol Vis 18:1040-4. 2012..Therefore the aim of the present study was to investigate the association of these two coding LOXL1 SNPs in Pakistani PEXG patients...
- An investigation into LOXL1 variants in black South African individuals with exfoliation syndromeRobyn M Rautenbach
Ophthalmology Department, Stellenbosch University and Tygerberg Academic Hospital, Tygerberg 7505, South Africa
Arch Ophthalmol 129:206-10. 2011..To investigate the association between 2 lysyl oxidase-like 1 (LOXL1) polymorphisms, rs1048661 (R141L) and rs3825942 (G153D), and exfoliation syndrome (XFS) in black South African individuals...
- Major LOXL1 risk allele is reversed in exfoliation glaucoma in a black South African populationSusan E I Williams
Division of Ophthalmology, Department of Neurosciences, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Mol Vis 16:705-12. 2010..To investigate whether variants in the lysyl oxidase-like 1 (LOXL1) gene are associated with exfoliation glaucoma (XFG) and primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) in an ancestral population from South Africa...
- Allosteric inhibition of lysyl oxidase-like-2 impedes the development of a pathologic microenvironmentVivian Barry-Hamilton
Arresto BioSciences, Palo Alto, California, USA
Nat Med 16:1009-17. 2010..AB0023 outperformed the small-molecule lysyl oxidase inhibitor beta-aminoproprionitrile. The efficacy and safety of LOXL2-specific AB0023 represents a new therapeutic approach with broad applicability in oncologic and fibrotic diseases...
- Analysis of LOXL1 single nucleotide polymorphisms in Polish population with pseudoexfoliation syndromeGrazyna Malukiewicz
Department of Ophthalmology, the Nicolaus Copernicus University, Ludwik Rydygier s Collegium Medicum, Bydgoszcz, Poland
Acta Ophthalmol 89:e64-6. 2011..To assess the possible association of lysyl oxidase-like 1 (LOXL1) gene variants with pseudoexfoliation syndrome (PEX) in Polish population...
- Snake venom L-amino acid oxidasesXiao Yan Du
Theodor Kocher Institute, University of Berne, Freiestrasse 1, CH 3012 Berne, Switzerland
Toxicon 40:659-65. 2002..In addition, the putative mechanisms of SV-LAAO-induced platelet aggregation and apoptosis of cells are discussed in more detail...
- Association of lysyl oxidase-like 1 gene polymorphisms with exfoliation syndrome in KoreansMin Sagong
Department of Ophthalmology, Yeungnam University College of Medicine, Daegu, Korea
Mol Vis 17:2808-17. 2011..To evaluate the association of the lysyl oxidase-like 1 (LOXL1) single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the Korean population with exfoliation syndrome (XFS) and to investigate the association between the SNPs and phenotypes of XFS...
- Prevalence of high-risk alleles in the LOXL1 gene and its association with pseudoexfoliation syndrome and exfoliation glaucoma in a Latin American populationMartha Jaimes
Department of Genetics Research Unit, Institute of Ophthalmology Conde de Valenciana Mexico City, Mexico
Ophthalmic Genet 33:12-7. 2012..The purpose of this study was to report the results of the first association study between LOXL1 polymorphisms and XFS and/or XFG in a Latin American population...
- Secreted LOXL2 is a novel therapeutic target that promotes gastric cancer metastasis via the Src/FAK pathwayLiang Peng
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Cancer Institute Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Carcinogenesis 30:1660-9. 2009..Overall, our data revealed that LOXL2 overexpression, a frequent event in gastric carcinoma progression, contributes to tumor cell invasion and metastasis, and LOXL2 may be a therapeutic target for preventing and treating metastases...
- Analysis of LOXL1 polymorphisms in a Saudi Arabian population with pseudoexfoliation glaucomaKhaled K Abu-Amero
Ophthalmic Genetics Laboratory, College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Mol Vis 16:2805-10. 2010..To investigate whether single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the lysyl oxidase-like 1 (LOXL1) gene are associated with pseudoexfoliation glaucoma (PEG) in the Saudi Arabian population...
- Vaccination strategy to target lysyl oxidase-like 4 in dendritic cell based immunotherapy for head and neck cancerJan Bernd Weise
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Kiel, Arnold Heller Strasse 14, Kiel, Germany
Int J Oncol 32:317-22. 2008....
- LOXL4 as a selective molecular marker in primary and metastatic head/neck carcinomaNina Scola
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Ruhr University Bochum, Gudrunstr 56, 44791 Bochum, Germany
Anticancer Res 30:4567-71. 2010..The overexpression of EGFR has been well examined and already serves as a therapeutic target. The expression of both genes was compared in head and neck squamous cell carcinomas and their diagnostic and prognostic value was evaluated...
- The antimicrobial activity of marinocine, synthesized by Marinomonas mediterranea, is due to hydrogen peroxide generated by its lysine oxidase activityPatricia Lucas-Elio
Department of Genetics and Microbiology, Faculty of Biology, University of Murcia, 30100 Murcia, Spain
J Bacteriol 188:2493-501. 2006..This is the first report on a bacterial lysine oxidase activity and the first time that a gene encoding this activity has been cloned...
- Association of LOXL1 gene polymorphisms with exfoliation syndrome/glaucoma and primary open angle glaucoma in a Turkish populationBurcu Kasım
Department of Ophthalmology, Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Mol Vis 19:114-20. 2013..To investigate the association of lysyl oxidase like 1 (LOXL1) variants with exfoliation syndrome (XFS), exfoliation glaucoma (XFG), and primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) in a Turkish population...
- Cloning and sequence analysis of a cDNA for barley ferredoxin-dependent glutamate synthase and molecular analysis of photorespiratory mutants deficient in the enzymeC Avila
Biochemistry and Physiology Department, Rothamsted Experimental Station, AFRC Institute of Arable Crops Research, Harpenden, Herts, UK
Planta 189:475-83. 1993..7 kb, the other smaller. Using a set of wheat-barley telosomic addition lines we have assigned the Fd-GOGAT structural locus to the short arm of chromosome 2...
- Evaluation of lysyl oxidase-like 1 gene polymorphisms in pseudoexfoliation syndrome in a Korean populationDo Young Park
Department of Ophthalmology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Mol Vis 19:448-53. 2013..The purpose of this study was to evaluate association profiles of lysyl oxidase-like 1 (LOXL1) gene polymorphisms with pseudoexfoliation syndrome (XFS) in a Korean population...
- Partial sequences of nitrogen metabolism genes in hexaploid wheatM Boisson
INRA URGAP, Domaine de Brunehaut, Peronne, BP 136, 80200, Estrées Mons, France
Theor Appl Genet 110:932-40. 2005..We demonstrate that polymorphism detection enables heterologous, homeologous and even paralogous copies to be assigned, even if the elaboration of specific primer pairs is time-consuming and expensive because of the sequencing...
- Polymorphisms in ARMS2 (LOC387715) and LOXL1 genes in the Japanese with age-related macular degenerationNobuo Fuse
Department of Ophthalmology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 151:550-6.e1. 2011..To determine whether polymorphisms in the ARMS2 (LOC387715) gene and the lysyl oxidase-like 1 (LOXL1) gene are associated with age-related macular degeneration (AMD) in Japanese patients...
- Arabidopsis gls mutants and distinct Fd-GOGAT genes. Implications for photorespiration and primary nitrogen assimilationK T Coschigano
Department of Biology, 1009 Main Building, New York University, 100 Washington Square East, New York, New York 10003, USA
Plant Cell 10:741-52. 1998....
- Purification and characterization of a novel glycine oxidase from Bacillus subtilisY Nishiya
Tsuruga Institute of Biotechnology, Toyobo Co, Ltd, Fukui, Japan
FEBS Lett 438:263-6. 1998..Several enzymatic properties of the B. subtilis glycine oxidase were also investigated...
- Structural and functional diversity of lysyl oxidase and the LOX-like proteinsJ Molnar
Department of Allied Medical Sciences, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, 1993 East West Road, Biomed T415, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1647:220-4. 2003..Comparative expression analysis of each LOX protein is presented to help determine their functional significance...
- Transcriptional profiling of an Fd-GOGAT1/GLU1 mutant in Arabidopsis thaliana reveals a multiple stress response and extensive reprogramming of the transcriptomeRalph Kissen
Department of Biology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology NTNU, NO 7491 Trondheim, Norway
BMC Genomics 11:190. 2010..thaliana mutant glu1-2 knocked-down in the expression of Fd-GOGAT1 (GLU1; At5g04140), one of the two genes of A. thaliana encoding ferredoxin-dependent glutamate synthase...
- Association of LOXL1 common sequence variants in German and Italian patients with pseudoexfoliation syndrome and pseudoexfoliation glaucomaFrancesca Pasutto
Institute of Human Genetics, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:1459-63. 2008..In this study, the genetic association of these variants was investigated in patients with PEX or PEXG of German and Italian descent...
- Lysyl oxidase-like 2 expression is increased in colon and esophageal tumors and associated with less differentiated colon tumorsSheri F T Fong
Cardiovascular Research Center, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 46:644-55. 2007..These results suggest that increased LOXL2 expression in colon and esophageal cancer may contribute to tumor progression...
- 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate oxidase activity limits ethylene biosynthesis in Rumex palustris during submergenceW H Vriezen
Departments of Experimental Botany and Ecology, University of Nijmegen, Toernooiveld 1, 6525 ED, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Plant Physiol 121:189-96. 1999..Therefore, ethylene biosynthesis seems to be limited at the level of ACC oxidase activity rather than by ACC synthase in R. palustris during submergence...
- Variations in LOXL1 associated with exfoliation glaucoma do not affect amine oxidase activitySeonkwan Kim
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Wonkwang University, Sinyong Dong 344 2, Iksan City, Jeollabuk Do 570 749, South Korea
Mol Vis 18:265-70. 2012..To evaluate the impact of the R141L and G153D variations on the amine oxidase activity of LOXL1, we generated four different haplotypes of LOXL1 with R141L and G153D and assessed the amine oxidase activity of the LOXL1 variant proteins...
- A genomics approach reveals that aroma production in apple is controlled by ethylene predominantly at the final step in each biosynthetic pathwayRobert J Schaffer
Horticulture and Food Research Institute of New Zealand, Mt Albert, Auckland, New Zealand
Plant Physiol 144:1899-912. 2007..This analysis suggests that the initial and final enzymatic steps with the biosynthetic pathways are important transcriptional regulation points for aroma production in apple...
- Lysyl oxidase-like protein-2 regulates sprouting angiogenesis and type IV collagen assembly in the endothelial basement membraneMarine Bignon
College de France, Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Biology, Paris, France
Blood 118:3979-89. 2011..Altogether, our study provides the first evidence for the role of LOXL2 in regulating angiogenesis through collagen IV scaffolding...
- Different effects on ACC oxidase gene silencing triggered by RNA interference in transgenic tomatoAi Sheng Xiong
Shanghai Key Laboratory of Agricultural Genetics and Breeding, Agro Biotechnology Research Center, Shanghai Academy of Agricultural Sciences, 2901 Beidi Road, 201106, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Plant Cell Rep 23:639-46. 2005..The RNA and protein analyses indicated that there was non-RNA interference, semi-RNA interference and full-RNA interference of ACC oxidase in the transgenic tomato plants...
- Down-regulation of lysyl oxydase-like in aging and venous insufficiencyG Pascual
Department of Medical Specialities, Networking Research Center on Biomaterials and Nanomedicine CIBER BBN, Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
Histol Histopathol 23:179-86. 2008..The effects of age on these expression patterns were also evaluated...
- Analysis of proline reduction in the nosocomial pathogen Clostridium difficileSarah Jackson
Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology, Burnett College of Biomedical Science, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL 32816 2364, USA
J Bacteriol 188:8487-95. 2006..These results show that Stickland reactions are key to the growth of C. difficile and that the mechanism of PR may differ significantly from that of previously studied PR from nonpathogenic species...
- Streamlined protein expression and purification using cleavable self-aggregating tagsLei Xing
Department of Chemical Engineering, Tsinghua University, One Tsinghua Garden Road, Beijing 100084, China
Microb Cell Fact 10:42. 2011..coli), in which the target proteins retain high enzymatic activities. Here we further explore this finding to develop a novel, facile, matrix-free protein expression and purification approach...
- Expression of ethylene biosynthetic and receptor genes in rose floral tissues during ethylene-enhanced flower openingJingqi Xue
Department of Ornamental Horticulture, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100094, China
J Exp Bot 59:2161-9. 2008..The response of rose flowers to ethylene occurs initially in gynoecia, and ethylene may regulate flower opening mainly through the Rh-ETR3 gene in gynoecia...
- Exogenous ethylene influences flower opening of cut roses (Rosa hybrida) by regulating the genes encoding ethylene biosynthesis enzymesNan Ma
Department of Ornamental Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100094, China
Sci China C Life Sci 48:434-44. 2005..Additional results indicated that three Rh-ACSs genes were differentially associated with flower opening and senescence as well as wounding..
- Analysis of LOXL1 polymorphisms in a United States population with pseudoexfoliation glaucomaPratap Challa
Department of Ophthalmology, Duke University Eye Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Mol Vis 14:146-9. 2008..To identify if recently described LOXL1 (lysyl oxidase-like 1) polymorphisms are associated with pseudoexfoliation glaucoma (XFG) in a United States (U.S.) Caucasian patient population...
- LOXL1 and LOXL4 are epigenetically silenced and can inhibit ras/extracellular signal-regulated kinase signaling pathway in human bladder cancerGuojun Wu
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Cancer Res 67:4123-9. 2007..Thus, our current study suggests for the first time that lysyl oxidase-like genes can act as tumor suppressor genes and exert their functions through the inhibition of the Ras/ERK signaling pathway in human bladder cancer...
- Abnormal deposition of collagen around hepatocytes in Wilson's disease is associated with hepatocyte specific expression of lysyl oxidase and lysyl oxidase like protein-2Zehava Vadasz
The Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Cancer and Vascular Biology Research Center, Rappaport Family Institute for Research in the Medical Sciences, Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, P O Box 9697, 1 Efron St, 31096 Haifa, Israel
J Hepatol 43:499-507. 2005..Lysyl-oxidases catalyze the oxidation of lysine residues in collagen and elastin thereby promoting their polymerization. We have studied here the expression of four lysyl-oxidases in normal and diseased human liver...
- Kinetic mechanisms of glycine oxidase from Bacillus subtilisGianluca Molla
Department of Structural and Functional Biology, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Eur J Biochem 270:1474-82. 2003....
- LOXL1 expression in lens capsule tissue specimens from individuals with pseudoexfoliation syndrome and glaucomaTanya T Khan
Department of Ophthalmology, Duke University Eye Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Mol Vis 16:2236-41. 2010..We also investigated the effects of four glaucoma drug medications on LOXL1 expression in primary human lens epithelial cell cultures to see if they could affect LOXL1 expression...
- Clostridium sticklandii, a specialist in amino acid degradation:revisiting its metabolism through its genome sequenceNuria Fonknechten
Institut de Génomique, Genoscope, 2 rue Gaston Cremieux, F 91057 Evry, France
BMC Genomics 11:555. 2010..With the goal of revisiting its carbon, nitrogen, and energy metabolism, and comparing studies with other clostridia, its genome has been sequenced and analyzed...
- LOXL1 promoter haplotypes are associated with exfoliation syndrome in a U.S. Caucasian populationBao Jian Fan
Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:2372-8. 2011..The purpose of this study was to investigate the disease association of LOXL1 variants spanning the gene region, including the 5' and 3' regulatory regions, in a U.S. Caucasian case-control sample...
- Evaluation of LOXL1 polymorphisms in exfoliation syndrome in the Uygur population- Mayinu
Department of Ophthalmology, the First Affiliated Hospital of Xinjiang Medical University, Urumchi, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, China
Mol Vis 17:1734-44. 2011..In this study, we evaluate the association profiles of the lysyl oxidase-like 1 (LOXL1) gene polymorphisms with XFS in the Uygur population...
- Glutamate synthase: structural, mechanistic and regulatory properties, and role in the amino acid metabolismAkira Suzuki
Unité de Nutrition Azotée des Plantes, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Route de Saint Cyr, 78026 Versailles Cedex, France
Photosynth Res 83:191-217. 2005..Fd-glutamate synthase also plays a role that is redundant, in several important aspects, to that played by NADH-glutamate synthase in ammonium assimilation and nitrogen transport...
- Functional analysis of LOXL2 in pancreatic carcinomaFelix Ruckert
Department of Visceral, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Technical University Dresden, Fetscherstr 74, 01307, Dresden, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 25:303-11. 2010..To get more insight into the aggressive growth and infiltrating nature of pancreatic cancer, we evaluated the functional role of LOXL2 in pancreatic cancer cells...
- Bladder and urethral function in pelvic organ prolapsed lysyl oxidase like-1 knockout miceGuiming Liu
Glickman Urological Institute and Department of Biomedical Engineering, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
BJU Int 100:414-8. 2007..To examine bladder and urethral function in pelvic organ prolapsed lysyl oxidase like-1 (LOXL1) knockout mice...
- LOXL1 deficiency in the lamina cribrosa as candidate susceptibility factor for a pseudoexfoliation-specific risk of glaucomaUrsula Schlötzer-Schrehardt
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Ophthalmology 119:1832-43. 2012....
- Lack of association between LOXL1 gene polymorphisms and primary open angle glaucoma in the Saudi Arabian populationKhaled K Abu-Amero
Ophthalmic Genetics Laboratory, Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Ophthalmic Genet 33:130-3. 2012..To investigate whether major single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the LOXL1 gene associated with pseudoexfoliation glaucoma are associated with primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) in the Saudi Arabian population...
- Atomic force microscopy-based antibody recognition imaging of proteins in the pathological deposits in pseudoexfoliation syndromeRhiannon Creasey
School of Chemical and Physical Sciences, Flinders University of SA, GPO Box 2100, Adelaide, SA 5001, Australia
Ultramicroscopy 111:1055-61. 2011..Our evaluation shows that TREC imaging is best suited for human tissue imaging and holds significant potential for imaging of human disease tissues in their native state...
- The human lysyl oxidase-like 2 protein functions as an amine oxidase toward collagen and elastinYoung Mi Kim
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Wonkwang University, Iksan, Jeonbuk, 570 749, Korea
Mol Biol Rep 38:145-9. 2011..Further, amine oxidase activity of LOXL2 was not susceptible to inhibition by β-aminopropionitrile, an irreversible inhibitor of LOX, suggesting a different enzymatic mechanism between these two paralogues...
- The role of lysyl oxidase-like 1 DNA copy number variants in exfoliation glaucomaYutao Liu
Center for Human Genetics, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Mol Vis 18:2976-81. 2012..To investigate whether DNA copy number variants (CNVs) in the lysyl oxidase-like 1 (LOXL1) gene are associated with exfoliation glaucoma (XFG) in black South Africans...
- Increased choroidal neovascularization following laser induction in mice lacking lysyl oxidase-like 1Hyeong Gon Yu
Angiogenesis Laboratory and Laser Laboratory, Retina Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:2599-605. 2008..This study investigated the influence of defective elastic fiber maintenance in the development of laser-induced CNV...
- The management of exfoliative glaucomaRobert Ritch
New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, New York, New York 10003, USA
Prog Brain Res 173:211-24. 2008..This discovery should open the way to new approaches and directions of therapy for this protein disorder...
- Purification of enzymatically active human lysyl oxidase and lysyl oxidase-like protein from Escherichia coli inclusion bodiesSang Taek Jung
Laboratory of Functional Proteomics, Samyang Genex Biotechnology Research Institute, 63 2, Hwaam Dong, Yusung Gu, Daejeon City, Republic of Korea
Protein Expr Purif 31:240-6. 2003..Availability of these pure and active forms of LOX and LOXLs will be significantly helpful in functional studies related to substrate specificity and crystal structures of this family of amine oxidases...
- Molecular biology of pyridine nucleotide biosynthesis in Escherichia coli. Cloning and characterization of quinolinate synthesis genes nadA and nadBR Flachmann
Institut fur Biochemie, Technische Hochschule Darmstadt, Federal Republic of Germany
Eur J Biochem 175:221-8. 1988..High-copy-number vectors, carrying either gene nadA, nadB or nadA + nadB, increased quinolinate production 1.5-fold, 2.0-fold and 15-fold respectively. Both gene products seem to be equally rate-limiting in quinolinate synthesis...
- Systematic screening of lysyl oxidase-like (LOXL) family genes demonstrates that LOXL2 is a susceptibility gene to intracranial aneurysmsHiroyuki Akagawa
Division of Genetic Diagnosis, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Hum Genet 121:377-87. 2007..In conclusion, one SNP of LOXL2 showed a significant association with IA individually, and we also detected a gene-gene interaction of LOXL2 with ELN/LIMK1, which may play an important role in susceptibility to IA...
- Association of LOXL1 gene polymorphisms with pseudoexfoliation in the JapaneseMineo Ozaki
Ozaki Eye Hospital and Dept of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, Miyazaki, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:3976-80. 2008..The purpose of this study was to test this association in Japanese subjects with XFS/XFG...
- Molecular pathology of pseudoexfoliation syndrome/glaucoma--new insights from LOXL1 gene associationsUrsula Schlötzer-Schrehardt
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Exp Eye Res 88:776-85. 2009....
- Ethnicity-based subgroup meta-analysis of the association of LOXL1 polymorphisms with glaucomaHaoyu Chen
Joint Shantou International Eye Center, Shantou University and The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shantou, China
Mol Vis 16:167-77. 2010..To investigate the association and ethnic heterogeneity of lysyl oxidase-like 1 (LOXL1) single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) with exfoliation syndrome (XFS)/exfoliation glaucoma (XFG) and other types of glaucoma...
- Effect of down-regulation of ethylene biosynthesis on fruit flavor complex in apple fruitAbhaya M Dandekari
Department of Pomology, University of California, I Shields Ave, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Transgenic Res 13:373-84. 2004....
- Differential expression and internal feedback regulation of 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate synthase, 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate oxidase, and ethylene receptor genes in tomato fruit during development and ripeningA Nakatsuka
Laboratory of Postharvest Agriculture, Faculty of Agriculture, Okayama University, Tsushima, Okayama, 700 8530 Japan
Plant Physiol 118:1295-305. 1998..This transition from system 1 to system 2 ethylene production might be related to the accumulated level of NR mRNA...
- Evaluation of LOXL1 polymorphisms in exfoliation syndrome in a Chinese populationLing Chen
Beijing Tongren Eye Center, Beijing Tongren Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing Ophthalmology and Visual Science Key Lab, Beijing, China
Mol Vis 15:2349-57. 2009..To evaluate the association profiles of the lysyl oxidase-like 1 (LOXL1) gene polymorphisms with exfoliation syndrome in a Chinese population...
- Local DNA features affect RNA-directed transcriptional gene silencing and DNA methylationUte Fischer
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research IPK, Corrensstrasse 3, 06466 Gatersleben, Germany
Plant J 53:1-10. 2008..Apparently, close-by repeats promoted, whereas close-by functional genes diminished, the response to the silencing signal...
- Transforming growth factor-beta induces extracellular matrix protein cross-linking lysyl oxidase (LOX) genes in human trabecular meshwork cellsAnirudh Sethi
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, North Texas Eye Research Institute, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, Texas 76107, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:5240-50. 2011..The purpose of this study was to determine whether expression of ECM cross-linking LOX genes is regulated by TGFβ in TM cells...
- The glycine decarboxylase system: a fascinating complexR Douce
Departement de Biologie Moleculaire et Structurale, Physiologie Cellulaire Vegetale, CEA Grenoble, CNRS et Université Joseph Fourier, 17 rue des Martyrs, F 38054 Grenoble, Cedex 9, France
Trends Plant Sci 6:167-76. 2001..Plant mitochondria possess all the necessary enzymatic equipment for de novo synthesis of tetrahydrofolate and lipoic acid, serving as cofactors for glycine decarboxylase and serine hydroxymethyltransferase functioning...
- Peroxidase activity of selenoprotein GrdB of glycine reductase and stabilisation of its integrity by components of proprotein GrdE from Eubacterium acidaminophilumTina Gröbe
Institute of Chemistry Biochemistry, FU Berlin, Thielallee 63, 14195 Berlin, Germany
Arch Microbiol 187:29-43. 2007..The GrdB-GrdE interaction was confirmed by copurification of GrdE with Strep-tagged GrdB. The data suggest that GrdE domains serve to stabilise GrdB...
- No association of LOXL1 gene polymorphisms with Alzheimer's diseaseAlexandra Abramsson
Department of Psychiatry and Neurochemistry, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, The Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Neuromolecular Med 13:160-6. 2011..No evidence for associations of these polymorphisms with risk for AD or any of the studied CSF biomarkers measured was found. These results do not support LOXL1 as being a major risk gene for AD...
- Identification of LOXL1 protein and Apolipoprotein E as components of surgically isolated pseudoexfoliation material by direct mass spectrometryShiwani Sharma
Department of Ophthalmology, Flinders University, Bedford Park, South Australia 5042, Australia
Exp Eye Res 89:479-85. 2009..In conclusion, additional as yet unknown components are present in pathological PEX deposits and mass spectrometry of "isolated" PEX material is an effective strategy for their identification...
- Genetics of pseudoexfoliation syndromePratap Challa
Department of Ophthalmology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 20:88-91. 2009..The purpose of this review is to discuss the inheritance patterns and recent genetic advances in the study of this disorder...
- Genotype-correlated expression of lysyl oxidase-like 1 in ocular tissues of patients with pseudoexfoliation syndrome/glaucoma and normal patientsUrsula Schlötzer-Schrehardt
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Am J Pathol 173:1724-35. 2008..Alterations of LOXL1 activation, processing, and/or substrate specificity may contribute to the abnormal aggregation of elastic fiber components into characteristic PEX fibrils...
- Reduction of LOX- and LOXL2-mRNA expression in head and neck squamous cell carcinomasT Rost
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Marburg, Deutschhausstr 3, 35037 Marburg, Germany
Anticancer Res 23:1565-73. 2003..The cancer-related functions of both LOX and LOXL2 have not yet been investigated in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (HNSCC)...
- Isolation, purification, and characterization of amadoriase isoenzymes (fructosyl amine-oxygen oxidoreductase EC 1.5.3) from Aspergillus spM Takahashi
Institute of Pathology, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 272:3437-43. 1997..soil strain selected on fructosyl adamantanamine and induced by fructosyl propylamine. In contrast to previous described enzymes, these novel amadoriase enzymes can deglycate both glycated amines and amino acids...
- Receptor activity modifying protein-3 mediates the protumorigenic activity of lysyl oxidase-like protein-2Vera Brekhman
Cancer Research and Vascular Biology Center, The Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, 31096, Israel
FASEB J 25:55-65. 2011..Our experiments suggest that the protumorigenic effects of LOXL2 are partially mediated by RAMP3 and that RAMP3 inhibitors may function as antitumorigenic agents. -..
- Molecular and genetic characterization of a non-climacteric phenotype in melon reveals two loci conferring altered ethylene response in fruitChristophe Perin
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Station de Génétique et d Amélioration des Fruits et Légumes, Domaine St Maurice, Boîte Postale 94, 84143 Montfavet cedex, France
Plant Physiol 129:300-9. 2002..Five candidate genes (two ACO, two ACS, and ERS) that were localized on the melon genetic map did not exhibit colocalization with Al-3 or Al-4...
- Lysyl oxidase-like-2 (LOXL2) is a major isoform in chondrocytes and is critically required for differentiationMussadiq Iftikhar
Department of Periodontology and Oral Biology, Henry M Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 286:909-18. 2011..LOXL2 promotes chondrocyte differentiation by mechanisms that are likely to include roles as both a regulator and an effector of chondrocyte differentiation...
- Engineered amadoriase II exhibiting expanded substrate rangeJing Zheng
Department of Chemical Engineering, Tsinghua University, One Tsinghua Garden Road, Beijing, 100084, China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 86:607-13. 2010..This study suggests that it is possible to manipulate fructosyl amine oxidases to accommodate larger substrates, and that mutant SII-82 might serve as a template for further engineering...
- From epidemiology to lysyl oxidase like one (LOXL1) polymorphisms discovery: phenotyping and genotyping exfoliation syndrome and exfoliation glaucoma in IcelandFridbert Jonasson
University of Iceland, Landspitali, Reykjavik, Iceland
Acta Ophthalmol 87:478-87. 2009..These results have now largely been replicated world-wide...
- ACO1, a gene for aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate oxidase: effects on internode elongation at the heading stage in riceM Iwamoto
Photobiology and Photosynthesis Research Unit, Division of Plant Sciences, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8602, Japan
Plant Cell Environ 33:805-15. 2010..This study suggests that the ACO1 has a little effect on internode elongation at the heading stage, and that up-regulation of the ACS1 and OsEIN2 expression may attenuate inhibition of internode elongation...
- Lysyl oxidase-like 2 as a new poor prognosis marker of squamous cell carcinomasHector Peinado
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas Alberto Sols Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Cancer Res 68:4541-50. 2008..Altogether, our results show that LOXL2 can be used as a new poor prognosis indicator in human squamous cell carcinomas promoting malignant transformation by both SNAI1-dependent and SNAI1-independent pathways...
- Lysyl oxidases in mammalian development and certain pathological conditionsJoni M Maki
Oulu Centre for Cell Matrix Research, Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Histol Histopathol 24:651-60. 2009..Modification of the extracellular matrix by lysyl oxidases has been shown to be a critical contributor to the development of various organs and certain pathological conditions...
- Aminocyclopropane carboxylic acid synthase is a regulated step in ethylene-dependent induced conifer defense. Full-length cDNA cloning of a multigene family, differential constitutive, and wound- and insect-induced expression, and cellular and subcellularSteven G Ralph
Michael Smith Laboratories, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6T 1Z4
Plant Physiol 143:410-24. 2007..These results suggest that ACS, but not ACO, is a regulated step in ethylene-induced conifer defense...
- Ancestral LOXL1 variants are associated with pseudoexfoliation in Caucasian Australians but with markedly lower penetrance than in Nordic peopleAlex W Hewitt
Flinders Medical Centre, Department of Ophthalmology, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
Hum Mol Genet 17:710-6. 2008..This strongly suggests that as yet unidentified genetic or environmental factors independent of LOXL1 strongly influence the phenotypic expression of the syndrome...
- Glutamine and alpha-ketoglutarate are metabolite signals involved in nitrate reductase gene transcription in untransformed and transformed tobacco plants deficient in ferredoxin-glutamine-alpha-ketoglutarate aminotransferaseS Ferrario-Mery
Unité de Nutrition Azotée des Plantes, INRA de Versailles, France
Planta 213:265-71. 2001....
- The LOXL1 gene variations are not associated with primary open-angle and primary angle-closure glaucomasSubhabrata Chakrabarti
Kallam Anji Reddy Molecular Genetics Laboratory, LV Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad, India
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:2343-7. 2008..This study was conducted to determine the possible involvement of these SNPs in cases of primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) and primary angle-closure glaucoma (PACG)...
- DNA sequence variants in the LOXL1 gene are associated with pseudoexfoliation glaucoma in a U.S. clinic-based population with broad ethnic diversityBao Jian Fan
Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
BMC Med Genet 9:5. 2008....
- The use of microarray technology in deciphering the cause of genetic eye diseases: LOXL1 and exfoliation syndromeElias I Traboulsi
Am J Ophthalmol 145:391-3. 2008
- Putative reaction mechanism of heterologously expressed octopine dehydrogenase from the great scallop, Pecten maximus (L)Andre Muller
Institut fur Zoophysiologie, Heinrich Heine Universitat, Dusseldorf, Germany
FEBS J 274:6329-39. 2007..In addition to orienting the substrate, His212 will act as an acid-base catalyst by donating a proton to the carbonyl group of pyruvate. The acidity of this histidine is further increased by the proximity of Asp329...
- Bioinformatic evaluation of L-arginine catabolic pathways in 24 cyanobacteria and transcriptional analysis of genes encoding enzymes of L-arginine catabolism in the cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803Sarah Schriek
Lehrstuhl für Molekulare Zellphysiologie, Universitat Bielefeld, Universitatsstr, 25, D 33615 Bielefeld, Germany
BMC Genomics 8:437. 2007..Further, we chose Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 for a more detailed bioinformatic analysis and for validation of the bioinformatic predictions on L-arginine catabolism with a transcript analysis...
- Solving the enigma of exfoliation glaucoma: a breakthrough in glaucoma researchFridbert Jonasson
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 85:808-9. 2007
- Common sequence variants in the LOXL1 gene confer susceptibility to exfoliation glaucomaGudmar Thorleifsson
deCODE Genetics Inc, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Science 317:1397-400. 2007..The population-attributable risk is more than 99%. The product of LOXL1 catalyzes the formation of elastin fibers found to be a major component of the lesions in XFG...
- Fibulin-5/DANCE has an elastogenic organizer activity that is abrogated by proteolytic cleavage in vivoMaretoshi Hirai
Horizontal Medical Research Organization, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Cell Biol 176:1061-71. 2007..These data suggest that fibulin-5 could be a novel therapeutic target for elastic fiber regeneration...
- Genetics. High-risk glaucoma gene found in Nordic studiesJean Marx
Science 317:735. 2007
- Progress in understanding pseudoexfoliation syndrome and pseudoexfoliation-associated glaucomaKarim F Damji
Can J Ophthalmol 42:657-8. 2007
- Identification of the last unknown genes in the fermentation pathway of lysineAnnett Kreimeyer
CNRS UMR 8030, Genoscope, 91057 Evry Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 282:7191-7. 2007..We identified twelve bacteria that possess these genes and thus are expected to ferment lysine, and their gene organization is discussed...
- Differential expression of the 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate oxidase gene family of tomatoC S Barry
Department of Physiology and Environmental Science, University of Nottingham, Loughborough, UK
Plant J 9:525-35. 1996..The physiological role of the differential expression of the ACC oxidase gene family, in relation to the regulation of ethylene synthesis, during these various developmental processes is discussed...
- Identification of D-proline reductase from Clostridium sticklandii as a selenoenzyme and indications for a catalytically active pyruvoyl group derived from a cysteine residue by cleavage of a proproteinU C Kabisch
Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Martin Luther Universitat Halle Wittenberg, Kurt Mothes Strasse 3, D 6099 Halle, Germany
J Biol Chem 274:8445-54. 1999..prdA and prdB were transcribed together on a transcript of 4.5 kb; prdB was additionally transcribed as indicated by a 0.8-kb mRNA species...
- In vitro processing of the proproteins GrdE of protein B of glycine reductase and PrdA of D-proline reductase from Clostridium sticklandii: formation of a pyruvoyl group from a cysteine residueB Bednarski
, , Halle, Germany
Eur J Biochem 268:3538-44. 2001..However, the Cys242-->Ala mutant protein was not cleaved indicating a pivotal role of the thiol group of cysteine or hydroxyl group of serine and threonine during the processing of pyruvoyl group-dependent reductases...
- Genetic association of LOXL1 gene variants and exfoliation glaucoma in a Utah cohortXian Yang
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Moran Eye Center, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Cell Cycle 7:521-4. 2008..This information will potentially guide glaucoma monitoring efforts by targeting individuals whose genetic profiles put them at higher risk for XFG...
- IAA and N(6)-benzyladenine inhibit ethylene-regulated expression of ACC oxidase and ACC synthase genes in mungbean hypocotylsJ H Kim
Department of Biology, Yonsei University, Seoul 120 749, The Republic of Korea
Plant Cell Physiol 42:1056-61. 2001..Based on these results, we suggest that IAA and BA inhibit ethylene action, resulting in suppression of VR-ACO1 expression and induction of VR-ACS1 expression...
- Lysyl oxidase-like 1 gene polymorphisms in Japanese patients with primary open angle glaucoma and exfoliation syndromeFumihiko Mabuchi
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Yamanashi, Yamanashi, Japan
Mol Vis 14:1303-8. 2008..To assess whether lysyl oxidase-like 1 (LOXL1) polymorphisms are associated with primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) and exfoliation syndrome (XFS)...
- Evaluation of LOXL1 polymorphisms in eyes with exfoliation glaucoma in JapaneseNobuo Fuse
Department of Ophthalmology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Mol Vis 14:1338-43. 2008....
- A New Transient Kinetic Solvent Isotope Effect ApproachHARVEY FISHER; Fiscal Year: 2006..The validity of our interpretations will in turn be tested by application of our transient-state solvent KIE approach to a number of relevant non-enzymatic reactions whose detailed mechanisms are well established. ..
- The Molecular Basis of Pseudoexfoliation SyndromePratap Challa; Fiscal Year: 2007..The Ophthalmology department at Duke University is an ideal setting for training physician-scientists and has an established track record of strong support for promising clinician-scientists. ..
- 9th International Symposium on the Maillard ReactionVincent Monnier; Fiscal Year: 2007..The Proceedings of these symposia are always published: the Proceedings of the 8th International Maillard symposium appearing as Vol. 1043 of the Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- COLLAGEN CROSSLINKING BY THE MAILLARD REACTIOIN IN AGINGVincent Monnier; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our approach, we expect, will result in the first comprehensive, hierarchical map of collagen crosslinks that for, during aging. ..
- The Functional Analysis of the Coactivator CARM1Mark Bedford; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- KALLIKREINS AS DIAGNOSTIC MARKERS OF OVARIAN CARCINOMAEleftherios Diamandis; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neuropathology of a Mouse Model for PhenylketonuriaJennifer Embury; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, she will have continued exposure to and participation in the molecular biological methods of biomedical research through her involvement in the Laipis laboratory. ..
- Identifying and Characterizing Readers of the Neural Histone CodeMark Bedford; Fiscal Year: 2008..In this study we plan to investigate how this memory code is read. This basic scientific study will clearly impact the fields of drug addiction, mental retardation and aging diseases of the brain. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Energy metabolism and virulence of Bordetella speciesImke Schroeder; Fiscal Year: 2008..The relative contributions of cytochrome oxidase to the infectious cycle will be analyzed in Aim 3 using high-resolution animal models of respiratory tract infection. ..
- LINKAGE STUDY OF JUVENILE GLAUCOMAJaney Wiggs; Fiscal Year: 2008..3) Screen candidate genes located in the RIEG2 region on chromosome 13q14. 4) Correlate mutations in genes known to cause glaucoma with clinical phenotypes. ..
- Human Kallikrein 4 (hK4): A New Prostatic Biomarker?Eleftherios Diamandis; Fiscal Year: 2003..If successful, our research will contribute to the development of new prostatic biomarkers and possibly, to better diagnosis which may lead to better clinical outcomes and reduced healthcare costs. ..
- A New Biomarker for Ovarian Cancer DetectionEleftherios Diamandis; Fiscal Year: 2003..In this grant proposal, we describe further studies, which will examine in greater detail, the ability of a test for the amount of this protein in blood to correctly diagnose the presence of ovarian cancer. ..
- Role of cytochrome oxidases in Bordetella pathogenesisImke Schroeder; Fiscal Year: 2007..Jeffrey F. Miller as co-investigator. Although this study is exploratory in nature Dr. Miller brings extensive expertise on Bordetella genetics and pathogen-animal host interaction to the project. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MECHANISMS OF INCONTINENCE FOLLOWING VAGINAL DISTENSIONMargot S Damaser; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Protein Array Technology for Protein InteractionMark Bedford; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, this type of protein-domain array will facilitate the identification of risk factors and chemoprevention targets at the protein level. ..
- Studies on p-Cresol MethylhydroxylaseWilliam McIntire; Fiscal Year: 2004..This information may lead to the development of better treatments for some human afflictions, such as Parkinsonisn, depression, stress, mitochondrial myopathies, and aging. ..
- Genetic Studies of Pseudoexfoliation GlaucomaJaney Wiggs; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Small Molecule Regulators of Arginine MethyltransferasesMark Bedford; Fiscal Year: 2007..Most importantly, the PRMTs are a newly identified family of enzymes that have not yet been tapped as "drugable" targets. ..
- Genetic Etiologies of Primary Open Angle GlaucomaJaney Wiggs; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific genetic defects will be correlated with clinical phenotype by investigating familial aggregation of clinical parameters and looking for evidence of gene/gene interactions and how these interactions may influence phenotype. ..
- Mechanisms of Female Urinary Incontinence in DiabetesMargot Damaser; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FAMILIAL PRIMARY OPEN ANGLE GLAUCOMAJaney Wiggs; Fiscal Year: 2004..Initial genome screens to identify genes responsible for two POAG risk factors, ocular hypertension (OHT) and pseudoexfoliation (PEX), will be performed. ..
- Regulation of Transcriptional Coactivators by Environmental Estrogens (R21)Mark Bedford; Fiscal Year: 2007..The specific aims are to characterize: 1) Biochemically xenoestrogens as co-activator inhibitors; and 2) In vitro xenoestrogens as co-activator inhibitors. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..