Genomes and Genes
l lactate dehydrogenase
Summary: A tetrameric enzyme that, along with the coenzyme NAD+, catalyzes the interconversion of LACTATE and PYRUVATE. In vertebrates, genes for three different subunits (LDH-A, LDH-B and LDH-C) exist.
Publications225 found, 100 shown here
- Attenuation of LDH-A expression uncovers a link between glycolysis, mitochondrial physiology, and tumor maintenanceValeria R Fantin
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 9:425-34. 2006..These results demonstrate that LDH-A plays a key role in tumor maintenance...
- Persistent histidine-rich protein 2, parasite lactate dehydrogenase, and panmalarial antigen reactivity after clearance of Plasmodium falciparum monoinfectionJamshaid Iqbal
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, P O Box 24923, Safat 13110, Kuwait
J Clin Microbiol 42:4237-41. 2004..In conclusion, the OptiMAL-IT assay is more sensitive than the ICT Malaria Pf/Pv test for monitoring therapeutic responses after antimalarial therapy since the LDH activity ceases when the malarial parasite dies...
- Mitochondrial lactate dehydrogenase is involved in oxidative-energy metabolism in human astrocytoma cells (CCF-STTG1)Joseph Lemire
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 3:e1550. 2008..Taken together, this study implicates lactate as an important contributor to ATP metabolism in the brain, a finding that may significantly change our notion of how this important organ manipulates its energy budget...
- Upregulation of lactate dehydrogenase A by ErbB2 through heat shock factor 1 promotes breast cancer cell glycolysis and growthY H Zhao
Mitchell Cancer Institute, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL 36604, USA
Oncogene 28:3689-701. 2009..This pathway may have a major role in regulating glucose metabolism in breast cancer cells. These novel findings have important implications for the design of new approaches to target ErbB2-overexpressing breast cancers...
- Potential toxicity of nonregulated asbestiform minerals: balangeroite from the western Alps. Part 1: Identification and characterizationChiara Groppo
Interdepartmental Center G Scansetti for Studies on Asbestos and Other Toxic Particulates, Department of Mineralogical and Petrological Sciences, Via Pietro Giuria, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
J Toxicol Environ Health A 68:1-19. 2005..Data show that chemical composition, form, durability, and cell toxicity indicate balangeroite as a potentially harmful fibrous mineral that needs to be examined by further chemical and cellular tests...
- Cytotoxic effects of the lipopolysaccharide from Pseudomonas fluorescens on neurons and glial cellsLaurent Picot
Laboratory of Cold Microbiology, University of Rouen, UPRES 2123, 55 rue Saint Germain, 27000 Evreux, France
Microb Pathog 35:95-106. 2003..fluorescens induces apoptosis and a concomitant and limited necrosis, reveal the unexpected cytotoxicity of this endotoxin and provide the first demonstration of the apoptotic effect of a non-aeruginosa Pseudomonas on nerve cells...
- Plasmodium falciparum histidine-rich protein 2-based immunocapture diagnostic assay for malaria: cross-reactivity with rheumatoid factorsJ Iqbal
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Safat 13110, Kuwait
J Clin Microbiol 38:1184-6. 2000..Our study shows that the PfHRP-2-based ICT assay gave a false-positive reaction in 26% of the patients who had rheumatoid factors, but were negative for malaria by microscopy...
- Assessment of the drug susceptibility of Plasmodium falciparum clinical isolates from africa by using a Plasmodium lactate dehydrogenase immunodetection assay and an inhibitory maximum effect model for precise measurement of the 50-percent inhibitory concHalima Kaddouri
Centre National de Référence du Paludisme, Laboratoire de Parasitologie, Hôpital Bichat Claude Bernard and Université René Descartes, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:3343-9. 2006..The availability of this simple and highly sensitive pLDH immunodetection assay will provide an easier method for drug susceptibility testing of malaria parasites...
- Hypoxia response elements in the aldolase A, enolase 1, and lactate dehydrogenase A gene promoters contain essential binding sites for hypoxia-inducible factor 1G L Semenza
Center for Medical Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 3914, USA
J Biol Chem 271:32529-37. 1996..These results provide further evidence that the coordinate transcriptional activation of genes encoding glycolytic enzymes which occurs in hypoxic cells is mediated by HIF-1...
- Evidence supporting the existence of an activity-dependent astrocyte-neuron lactate shuttleL Pellerin
Institut de Physiologie, Universite de Lausanne, Switzerland
Dev Neurosci 20:291-9. 1998..This set of data is consistent with the existence of an activity-dependent astrocyte-neuron lactate shuttle for the supply of energy substrates to neurons...
- Comparative structural analysis and kinetic properties of lactate dehydrogenases from the four species of human malarial parasitesW Michael Brown
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Biochemistry 43:6219-29. 2004..pH studies indicate that inhibitor binding is independent of pH in the pH 6-8 range, suggesting that differences in dissociation constants for a specific inhibitor are not due to altered active site pK values among the four pLDH...
- Seasonal acclimatisation of muscle metabolic enzymes in a reptile (Alligator mississippiensis)Frank Seebacher
School of Biological Sciences A08, University of Sydney, New South Wales 2006, Australia
J Exp Biol 206:1193-200. 2003..Our data indicate that biochemical acclimatisation is important in thermoregulation of reptiles and that it is not sufficient to base conclusions about their thermoregulatory ability entirely on behavioural patterns...
- Protection from oxidative stress-induced apoptosis in cortical neuronal cultures by iron chelators is associated with enhanced DNA binding of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 and ATF-1/CREB and increased expression of glycolytic enzymes, p21(waf1/cip1), and eryK Zaman
Department of Neurology, Harvard Medical School and the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Neurosci 19:9821-30. 1999..Altogether, these results suggest that iron chelators exert their neuroprotective effects, in part, by activating a signal transduction pathway leading to increased expression of genes known to compensate for hypoxic or oxidative stress...
- The sensitivity of the OptiMAL rapid diagnostic test to the presence of Plasmodium falciparum gametocytes compromises its ability to monitor treatment outcomes in an area of Papua New Guinea in which malaria is endemicIvo Mueller
PNG Institute of Medical Research, P O Box 378, Madang 511, Papua New Guinea
J Clin Microbiol 45:627-30. 2007..falciparum gametocytes. This high sensitivity limits the use of pLDH-based tests in the monitoring of treatment outcomes in circumstances where gametocytemia is common...
- Evolutionary convergence in adaptation of proteins to temperature: A4-lactate dehydrogenases of Pacific damselfishes (Chromis spp.)Glenn C Johns
Hopkins Marine Station, Stanford University, Pacific Grove, California1, USA
Mol Biol Evol 21:314-20. 2004....
- Pulmonary hypertension in patients with sickle cell disease: a longitudinal studyKenneth I Ataga
Division of Hematology Oncology and Comprehensive Sickle Cell Program, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Br J Haematol 134:109-15. 2006..Higher levels of fetal haemoglobin and treatment with hydroxycarbamide were observed more frequently in patients without PHT. Thirteen per cent of patients with no previous evidence of PHT developed PHT following 3 years of observation...
- Intercellular calcium signaling in astrocytes via ATP release through connexin hemichannelsCharles E Stout
Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, California 92350, USA
J Biol Chem 277:10482-8. 2002..Release of ATP through connexin hemichannels represents a novel signaling pathway for intercellular communication in astrocytes and other non-excitable cells...
- Hypoxia-inducible factors HIF-1alpha and HIF-2alpha in head and neck cancer: relationship to tumor biology and treatment outcome in surgically resected patientsNigel J P Beasley
Oxford Centre for Head and Neck Oncology, Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford OX2 6HE, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 62:2493-7. 2002..Expression of HIF-1alpha in surgically treated patients with HNSCC (n = 79) was associated with improved disease-free survival (P = 0.016) and overall survival (P = 0.027)...
- LDH-A inhibition, a therapeutic strategy for treatment of hereditary leiomyomatosis and renal cell cancerHan Xie
Department of Medicine, Division of Interdisciplinary Medicine and Biotechnology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, and Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 8:626-35. 2009....
- Evaluation of three parasite lactate dehydrogenase-based rapid diagnostic tests for the diagnosis of falciparum and vivax malariaElizabeth A Ashley
Epicentre, Paris, France
Malar J 8:241. 2009..In areas where non-falciparum malaria is common rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs) capable of distinguishing malaria species reliably are needed. Such tests are often based on the detection of parasite lactate dehydrogenase (pLDH)...
- The contribution of lactic acid to acidification of tumours: studies of variant cells lacking lactate dehydrogenaseM Yamagata
Department of Medicine and Medical Biophysics, Ontario Cancer Institute Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Br J Cancer 77:1726-31. 1998....
- Lactate dehydrogenase as a biomarker of hemolysis-associated nitric oxide resistance, priapism, leg ulceration, pulmonary hypertension, and death in patients with sickle cell diseaseGregory J Kato
Vascular Medicine Branch, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Dr, MSC 1476, Bldg 10CRC, Rm 5 5140, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 107:2279-85. 2006..We propose that LDH elevation identifies patients with a syndrome of hemolysis-associated NO resistance, endothelial dysfunction, and end-organ vasculopathy...
- Cellular and molecular actions of dinitroaniline and phosphorothioamidate herbicides on Plasmodium falciparum: tubulin as a specific antimalarial targetBrian J Fennell
Department of Microbiology, Moyne Institute of Preventive Medicine, The University of Dublin Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
Mol Biochem Parasitol 145:226-38. 2006..These data suggest that P. falciparum tubulin contains a dinitroaniline/phosphorothioamidate-binding site that is not conserved in humans and might be a target for new antimalarial drugs...
- Assessment of the prozone effect in malaria rapid diagnostic testsPhilippe Gillet
Department of Clinical Sciences, Institute of Tropical Medicine ITM, Nationalestraat 155, B 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
Malar J 8:271. 2009..In this study, a panel of malaria RDTs was challenged with clinical samples with P. falciparum hyperparasitaemia (> 5% infected red blood cells)...
- Serum S100B is suitable for prediction and monitoring of response to chemoimmunotherapy in metastatic malignant melanomaA P Hamberg
The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Huis, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Melanoma Res 13:45-9. 2003..16 microg/l, but nine showed a transient rise during immunotherapy. In conclusion, S100B levels are of value for predicting the response to and for monitoring patients during chemoimmunotherapy...
- Serum S100beta protein as a marker of disease activity in patients with malignant melanomaM Q Mohammed
Melanoma Unit, Charing Cross Hospital, London, UK
Med Oncol 18:109-20. 2001..0156) and multivariate (p = 0.038; hazard ratio = 1.0108) analyses. Serum S100beta protein is a better indicator of disease activity in MM than LDH or ALP and is an independent predictor of survival in stage IV disease...
- The lactate/pyruvate shuttle in spermatozoa: operation in vitroF G Gallina
Catedra de Quimica Biologica, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Argentina
Arch Biochem Biophys 308:515-9. 1994..The operation of the shuttle would oxidize cytosolic NADH produced during aerobic glycolysis (or fructolysis) in spermatozoa of those species having an efficient lactate carrier in mitochondria...
- Prognostic factors and long-term survival in 585 patients with metastatic breast cancer treated with epirubicin-based chemotherapyM Ryberg
Department of Oncology, Herlev Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Ann Oncol 12:81-7. 2001..Analysis of prognostic factors in patients with metastatic breast cancer treated with epirubicin-based chemotherapy...
- Escherichia coli lipopolysaccharide potentiation and inhibition of rat neonatal microglia superoxide anion generation: correlation with prior lactic dehydrogenase, nitric oxide, tumor necrosis factor-alpha, thromboxane B2, and metalloprotease releaseA M Mayer
Midwestern University, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, Downers Grove, Illinois 60515, USA
Shock 11:180-6. 1999..Potential clinical implications of our findings are suggested by the fact that LPS levels similar to the ones used in this study have been observed in cerebrospinal fluid both in Gram-negative meningitis and sepsis...
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha is toxic to embryonic mesencephalic dopamine neuronsS O McGuire
Department of Pharmacology, Rush Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Exp Neurol 169:219-30. 2001..These data strongly suggest that TNFalpha mediates cell death in a sensitive population of DA neurons and support the potential involvement of proinflammatory cytokines in the degeneration of DA neurons in PD...
- Use of malaria rapid diagnostic test to identify Plasmodium knowlesi infectionThomas F McCutchan
Laboratory of Malaria and Vector Research, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, 12735 Twinbrook Pkwy, Rockville, MD 20892, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 14:1750-2. 2008..We report the use of a rapid test to supplement microscopic analysis in distinguishing the 5 malaria species that infect humans...
- Comparative study of 7 fluorescent pseudomonad clinical isolatesA Chapalain
Laboratoire de Microbiologie du Froid, UPRES 2123, Universite de Rouen, 55 rue Saint Germain, Evreux 27000, France
Can J Microbiol 54:19-27. 2008..mosselii or even Pseudomonas aeruginosa...
- Staging and clinical prognostic factors for small-cell lung cancerA Argiris
Northwestern University Medical School and Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Cancer J 7:437-47. 2001..Identification of risk factors for treatment-related mortality is important for the management of patients with SCLC...
- Serum lactate dehydrogenase levels at presentation predict outcome of patients with limited-stage small-cell lung cancerF Tas
Institute of Oncology, University of Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
Am J Clin Oncol 24:376-8. 2001..Also, the prognostic value of LDH on overall survival was shown in multivariate analysis (p = 0.05). At the time of diagnosis, serum levels of LDH appear to have a significant relation to outcome in patients with limited-stage SCLC...
- Serum lactate dehydrogenase isoenzyme 1 and relapse in patients with nonseminomatous testicular germ cell tumors clinical stage IF E von Eyben
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Odense University Hospital, Denmark
Acta Oncol 40:536-40. 2001..80%, p = 0.003, log-rank test). The role of S-LD-1 in the staging, prognostication and monitoring of patients with NSGCT clinical stage I should be further explored in a large, prospective study...
- Are responses to therapy of metastasized malignant melanoma reflected by decreasing serum values of S100beta or melanoma inhibitory activity (MIA)?M Deichmann
Department of Dermatology, University of Heidelberg, Vossstrasse 2, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Melanoma Res 11:291-6. 2001..Applying classification and regression trees (CARTs), one-point measurements of CRP was shown to be the most relevant overall parameter...
- A comparison of two rapid field immunochromatographic tests to expert microscopy in the diagnosis of malariaDaniel Philippe Mason
University of California School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA, USA
Acta Trop 82:51-9. 2002..falciparum and non-falciparum parasites increased with parasite density. Several explanations for these results are explored. Our results raise particular concern over batch quality variations of malaria rapid diagnostic devices (MRDDs)...
- Lactobacillus plantarum ldhL gene: overexpression and deletionT Ferain
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
J Bacteriol 176:596-601. 1994..Inactivation of the gene resulted in the absence of L-LDH activity and in exclusive production of the D isomer of lactate. However, the global concentration of lactate in the culture supernatant remained unchanged...
- Kinetic parameters and lactate dehydrogenase isozyme activities support possible lactate utilization by neuronsKoffi M Kla
Department of Pediatrics, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 655 W Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 1559, USA
Neurochem Res 32:597-607. 2007..However, the kinetics of LDH in brain are consistent with the possible release of lactate by astrocytes and oxidative use of lactate for energy in synaptic terminals...
- Assessment of three new parasite lactate dehydrogenase (pan-pLDH) tests for diagnosis of uncomplicated malariaCarole Fogg
Epicentre, 8 rue Saint Sabin, 75011, Paris, France
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 102:25-31. 2008..falciparum malaria, and all pLDH tests became negative after treatment more quickly than the HRP2. Therefore the rapid test of choice for use with artemisinin-combination therapies in this area would be one of these new pLDH tests...
- Evaluation of the Palutop+4 malaria rapid diagnostic test in a non-endemic settingDavid P J van Dijk
Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences FHML, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Malar J 8:293. 2009....
- Prognostic significance of serum S100B protein in high-risk surgically resected melanoma patients participating in Intergroup Trial ECOG 1694Ahmad A Tarhini
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:38-44. 2009..We evaluated adjuvant trial E1694 to more precisely define the prognostic significance of serum S100B in patients with high-risk resected melanoma...
- Lactate, not pyruvate, is neuronal aerobic glycolysis end product: an in vitro electrophysiological studyA Schurr
Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, University of Louisville, School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Neuroscience 147:613-9. 2007....
- Targeting aspartate aminotransferase in breast cancerJoshua Marshall Thornburg
Department of Medicine, J G Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Breast Cancer Res 10:R84. 2008..Oxamate is an inhibitor of both LDH and AAT, and we hypothesised that oxamate may disrupt the metabolism and growth of breast adenocarcinoma cells...
- Membrane-bound L- and D-lactate dehydrogenase activities of a newly isolated Pseudomonas stutzeri strainCuiqing Ma
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, Shandong University, Jinan, People s Republic of China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 77:91-8. 2007..Combining activity staining and previous proteomic analysis, the results suggest that there are two separate enzymes in P. stutzeri SDM, which play an important role in converting lactate to pyruvate...
- Prevention of neurotoxicity in hypoxic cortical neurons by the noble gas xenonChristian Petzelt
University Hospital Charite, Clinic for Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Experimental Anesthesiology, FH 31, Spandauer Damm 130, 14050 Berlin, Germany
Life Sci 72:1909-18. 2003....
- Plasmodium falciparum: development and validation of a measure of intraerythrocytic growth using SYBR Green I in a flow cytometerShinji Izumiyama
Department of Parasitology, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
Exp Parasitol 121:144-50. 2009..The protocol was extended to merozoite counting as a sensitive assay of growth inhibition of the parasite...
- Apoptosis of airway epithelial cells: human serum sensitive induction by the cathelicidin LL-37Y Elaine Lau
Centre for Microbial Diseases and Immunity Research, Room 232, 2259 Lower Mall Research Station, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4 Canada
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 34:399-409. 2006..We propose that LL-37-induced apoptosis of epithelial cells at low serum tissue sites may have a protective role against bacterial infection...
- The protective effect of cardiac gene transfer of CuZn-sod in comparison with the cardioprotector monohydroxyethylrutoside against doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity in cultured cellsM A I Abou El Hassan
Department of Medical Oncology, Free University Medical Center, PO Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Gene Ther 10:270-7. 2003..Thus, a gene-therapy strategy involving overexpression of CuZn-sod to protect against doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity is not feasible with the currently available adenovirus vectors...
- Prognostic factors for survival in previously treated patients with metastatic renal cell carcinomaRobert J Motzer
Geritourinary Oncology Service, Division of Solid Tumor Oncology, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:454-63. 2004..To describe survival in previously treated patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC) who are candidates for clinical trials of new agents as second-line therapy...
- LDH correlation with survival in advanced melanoma from two large, randomised trials (Oblimersen GM301 and EORTC 18951)Sanjiv S Agarwala
St Luke s Cancer Center, Bethlehem, PA 18015, USA
Eur J Cancer 45:1807-14. 2009..1xupper limit of normal (ULN)]. Each stratification factor was assessed for an interaction with treatment on survival and an interaction was detected only for LDH...
- Mitochondrial lactate oxidation complex and an adaptive role for lactate productionTakeshi Hashimoto
Department of Integrative Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3140, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 40:486-94. 2008....
- Regular transfusion lowers plasma free hemoglobin in children with sickle-cell disease at risk for strokeNelson E Lezcano
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Stroke 37:1424-6. 2006..PFH has been associated with harmful endothelial actions including scavenging nitric oxide (NO). Whether PFH plays a role in stroke in SCD has not been examined...
- Evaluation of the intra- and inter-specific genetic variability of Plasmodium lactate dehydrogenaseArthur M Talman
Unité d Epidémiologie Moléculaire, Institut Pasteur in Cambodia 5 Boulevard Monivong BP983, Phnom Penh, Kingdom of Cambodia
Malar J 6:140. 2007..However a characterization of the efficiency of these tests and the proteins they detect is needed to maximize RDT sensitivity...
- Evaluation of the SD FK70 malaria Ag Plasmodium vivax rapid diagnostic test in a non-endemic settingPhilippe Gillet
Department of Clinical Sciences, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp, Belgium
Malar J 8:129. 2009....
- Test characteristics of the SD FK80 Plasmodium falciparum/Plasmodium vivax malaria rapid diagnostic test in a non-endemic settingPhilippe Gillet
Department of Clinical Medicine, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nationalestraat 155, B 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
Malar J 8:262. 2009..The present study assessed its performance in a non-endemic setting...
- Elevated lactate dehydrogenase is an adverse predictor of outcome in HLA-matched sibling bone marrow transplant for acute myelogenous leukemiaM Kalaycio
Department of Hematologic Oncology and Blood Disorders, The Cleveland Clinic, Taussig Cancer Center, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 40:753-8. 2007..70, 95% confidence interval 1.41-5.16, P=0.003). We conclude that LDH is an important adverse risk factor for survival and should be included in future studies of risk performed on larger patient cohorts...
- A major outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome in Hong KongNelson Lee
Department of Medicine, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
N Engl J Med 348:1986-94. 2003..There has been an outbreak of the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) worldwide. We report the clinical, laboratory, and radiologic features of 138 cases of suspected SARS during a hospital outbreak in Hong Kong...
- Thoracic neuroblastoma: outcome of incomplete resectionAtsushi Horiuchi
2nd Department of Surgery, Ehime University School of Medicine, 791 0295 Shitsukawa, Shigenobu cho, Ehime, Japan
Pediatr Surg Int 20:714-8. 2004..There was a stronger tendency for the maturation of neuroblastoma into ganglioneuroma in the thoracic group. Complete resection is not required for thoracic neuroblastoma regardless of the patient's age...
- Melanoma inhibiting activity protein (MIA), beta-2 microglobulin and lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) in metastatic melanomaM González Cao
Medical Oncology Department, Institut Clinic de Malaties Hematologiques i Oncològiques ICMHO
Anticancer Res 27:595-9. 2007..Serum levels of melanoma markers may have a role in monitoring disease evolution in metastatic melanoma...
- Performance of the OptiMAL test for malaria diagnosis among suspected malaria patients at the rural health centersJamshaid Iqbal
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Safat, Kuwait
Am J Trop Med Hyg 68:624-8. 2003....
- Electron acquisition system constructed from an NAD-independent D-lactate dehydrogenase and cytochrome c2 in Rhodopseudomonas palustris No. 7Shunsuke Horikiri
Department of Bioresources Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Matsudo shi, Chiba University, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 68:516-22. 2004..12 mM). The enzyme contained a FAD cofactor. Cytochrome c(2) was purified from strain No. 7 as an electrophoretically homogeneous protein. Its pI was 9.4. Cytochrome c(2) was reduced by incubating with D-LDH and D-lactate...
- D-lactate dehydrogenase is a member of the D-isomer-specific 2-hydroxyacid dehydrogenase family. Cloning, sequencing, and expression in Escherichia coli of the D-lactate dehydrogenase gene of Lactobacillus plantarumH Taguchi
Department of Agricultural Chemistry, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Biol Chem 266:12588-94. 1991..The conserved residues in this family appear to be the residues involved in the substrate binding and the catalytic reaction, and thus to be targets for site-directed mutagenesis...
- Partial reconstruction of in vitro gluconeogenesis arising from mitochondrial l-lactate uptake/metabolism and oxaloacetate export via novel L-lactate translocatorsLidia de Bari
Istituto di Biomembrane e Bioenergetica, CNR, Via G Amendola, 165 A 70126 Bari, Italy
Biochem J 380:231-42. 2004..The role of lactate/mitochondria interactions in gluconeogenesis is discussed...
- Partial and delayed release of troponin-I compared with the release of lactate dehydrogenase from necrotic cardiomyocytesLijuan Li
Department of Cardiology, C5 P, Leiden University Medical Centre, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Pflugers Arch 448:146-52. 2004..The delay of TnI release relative to LDH release may be explained by slow dissociation of TnI molecules from myofilaments and/or formation of TnI degradation products that are undetected by the currently used ELISA assay...
- Regulation of the cytotoxic effects of Pseudomonas fluorescens by growth temperatureLaurent Picot
Laboratory of Cold Microbiology, UPRES2123, University of Rouen, 55, rue Saint Germain, 27000 Evreux, France
Res Microbiol 155:39-46. 2004....
- Comparison of HRP2- and pLDH-based rapid diagnostic tests for malaria with longitudinal follow-up in Kampala, UgandaHeidi Hopkins
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 76:1092-7. 2007..RDTs may provide an effective strategy for improving rational delivery of antimalarial therapy; in Kampala, either test could dramatically decrease inappropriate presumptive treatments...
- Effects of temperature acclimation on lactate dehydrogenase of cod (Gadus morhua): genetic, kinetic and thermodynamic aspectsMaxim Zakhartsev
Department of Biology, University of Antwerp, Groenenborgerlaan 171, B 2020 Antwerp, Belgium
J Exp Biol 207:95-112. 2004....
- Meta-analysis: accuracy of rapid tests for malaria in travelers returning from endemic areasArthur Marx
University of Berne and MediX General Practice Network, Berne, Switzerland
Ann Intern Med 142:836-46. 2005..Microscopic diagnosis of malaria is unreliable outside specialized centers. Rapid tests have become available in recent years, but their accuracy has not been assessed systematically...
- Evaluation of a rapid diagnostic test specific for Plasmodium vivaxSun Hyung Kim
Department of Laboratory Medicine, College of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
Trop Med Int Health 13:1495-500. 2008..vivax-specific rapid diagnostic test may be useful for screening suspected malaria patients when sufficient material and human resources (e.g. trained microscopists) are unavailable for malaria diagnosis...
- Evolutionary implications of lactate dehydrogenases (LDHs) of hagfishes compared to lampreys: LDH cDNA sequences from Eptatretus burgeri, Paramyxine atami and Eptatretus okinoseanusYoshikazu Nishiguchi
Department of Pharmaceutical Practice, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science, Toho University, Chiba, Japan
Zoolog Sci 25:475-9. 2008..There were differences in six amino acid residues (6, 10, 20, 156, 269, and 341) in LDHs of hagfishes. These differences might reflect the tolerance to high pressure and low temperature of LDHs from hagfishes at different habitat depths...
- Serum lactate dehydrogenase activity as a biomarker in children with sickle cell diseaseSandra O'Driscoll
Department of Paediatric Haematology, King s College School of Medicine, King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London, UK
Br J Haematol 140:206-9. 2008..LDH also correlated positively and significantly with TCD measurements in the middle and anterior cerebral artery circulations in the children with HbSS...
- Amyloid precursor protein cross-linking stimulates beta amyloid production and pro-inflammatory cytokine release in monocytic lineage cellsC M Sondag
Department Pharmacology, Physiology and Therapeutics, University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Grand Forks, 58202, USA
J Neurochem 97:449-61. 2006..These data provide much needed insight into the function of amyloid precursor protein and provide potential therapeutic targets to limit inflammatory changes associated with the progression of Alzheimer's disease...
- Tyrosinase messenger RNA in peripheral blood is related to poor survival in patients with metastatic melanoma following interleukin-2-based immunotherapyHenrik Schmidt
Department of Oncology bClinical Biochemistry, NBG, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Melanoma Res 15:409-16. 2005..Additional studies are needed before the prognostic value of tyrosinase mRNA in metastatic melanoma can be firmly established. Further evaluation of the combined measurement of tyrosinase mRNA and LDH is warranted...
- Evaluation of a new Plasmodium lactate dehydrogenase assay (OptiMAL-IT) for the detection of malariaS Pattanasin
Shoklo Malaria Research Unit, PO Box 46, Mae Sod 63110, Thailand
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 97:672-4. 2003..For species other than P. falciparum, the sensitivity was 65% and specificity was 99%. The performance of the new test decreased markedly at low levels of parasitaemia...
- Colocalization of MCT1, CD147, and LDH in mitochondrial inner membrane of L6 muscle cells: evidence of a mitochondrial lactate oxidation complexTakeshi Hashimoto
Exercise Physiology Laboratory, Dept of Integrative Biology, 5101 Valley Life Sciences Bldg, Univ of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3140, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 290:E1237-44. 2006....
- The heat stability of Plasmodium lactate dehydrogenase-based and histidine-rich protein 2-based malaria rapid diagnostic testsPeter L Chiodini
Department of Clinical Parasitology, Hospital for Tropical Diseases, London, UK
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 101:331-7. 2007..The performance of malaria RDTs can be adversely affected at the temperatures to which they will be exposed when transported to, and used in, the rural tropics...
- Rapid diagnosis of vivax malaria by the SD Bioline Malaria Antigen test when thrombocytopenia is presentSei Won Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Armed Forces Yangju Hospital, Gyeonggi do 463 040, Republic of Korea
J Clin Microbiol 46:939-42. 2008..In conclusion, the SD Bioline Malaria Antigen test is a rapid and accurate diagnostic method for vivax malaria, and a platelet count can facilitate a rapid diagnosis of malaria...
- Pleiotropic effects of lactate dehydrogenase inactivation in Lactobacillus caseiRosa Viana
Biotechnology Department, Instituto de Agroquimica y Tecnologia de Alimentos, IATA CSIC, P O Box 73, 46100 Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
Res Microbiol 156:641-9. 2005..This second effect could be partly avoided by growing the cells under aeration, since NADH oxidases could account for NAD+ regeneration...
- Transport and metabolism of L-lactate occur in mitochondria from cerebellar granule cells and are modified in cells undergoing low potassium dependent apoptosisAnna Atlante
Istituto di Biomembrane e Bioenergetica, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Via G Amendola, 165 A 70126, Bari, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1767:1285-99. 2007..In contrast, the putative L-lactate/pyruvate antiport decreased en route to apoptosis with characteristics of a competitive like inhibition in early apoptosis, and a mixed non-competitive like inhibition in late apoptosis...
- Cerebrovascular disease associated with sickle cell pulmonary hypertensionGregory J Kato
Vascular Medicine Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1476, USA
Am J Hematol 81:503-10. 2006..Clinicians should suspect occult cerebrovascular disease in sickle cell patients with pulmonary hypertension...
- [Serum markers for melanoma]S Ugurel
Klinische Kooperationseinheit Dermato Onkologie, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum Heidelberg Universitätshautklinik Mannheim
Hautarzt 56:173-84; 185-6. 2005..Serum markers are also not suitable for screening or for the diagnosis of primary melanomas...
- Sensitivity and specificity of dipstick tests for rapid diagnosis of malaria in nonimmune travelersT Jelinek
Department of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 37:721-3. 1999..5% and a specificity of 99.4%. Dipstick tests have the potential of enhancing speed and accuracy of the diagnosis of P. falciparum malaria, especially if nonspecialized laboratories are involved...
- Comparison of prognostic significance of serum 5-S-Cysteinyldopa, LDH and S-100B protein in Stage III-IV malignant melanomaTeodóra Bánfalvi
Department of Dermatology, National Institute of Oncology, Budapest, Hungary
Pathol Oncol Res 8:183-7. 2002..Among the studied serum markers S-100B protein and LDH proved to be similarly reliable in respect to the clinical outcome...
- Evaluation of the ICT malaria P.f/P.v and the OptiMal rapid diagnostic tests for malaria in febrile returned travellersE Geoffrey Playford
Centre for Infectious Diseases and Microbiology Laboratory Services, Institute of Clinical Pathology and Medical Research, Westmead Hospital, Westmead NSW 2145, Australia
J Clin Microbiol 40:4166-71. 2002..Despite the high sensitivity of the ICT P.f/P.v assay for P. falciparum malaria, caution is warranted before RDTs are widely adopted for the diagnosis of malaria in nonimmune patients or in countries where malaria is not endemic...
- Comparison of two commercial assays with expert microscopy for confirmation of symptomatically diagnosed malariaJamshaid Iqbal
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Kuwait
J Clin Microbiol 40:4675-8. 2002..However, our results raise particular concern over the sensitivity of the ICT Malaria Pf/Pv test for detection of P. vivax infection. Further developments appear necessary to improve the performance of the ICT Malaria Pf/Pv test...
- Outcomes and prognostic factors in 267 patients with severe acute respiratory syndrome in Hong KongKin Wing Choi
Princess Margaret Hospital, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Ann Intern Med 139:715-23. 2003..Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) has become a global public health emergency...
- Evaluation of the OptiMAL rapid antigen test and species-specific PCR to detect placental Plasmodium falciparum infection at deliveryLimangeni Mankhambo
College of Medicine, University of Malawi, Blantyre, Malawi
J Clin Microbiol 40:155-8. 2002..Neither OptiMAL nor PCR testing of peripheral blood is adequately sensitive to detect all placental malaria infection, but a positive result by OptiMAL testing identifies women with a high proportion of low-birth-weight babies...
- Ultraviolet light-induced changes in the glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase activity of porcine corneasToshio Tsubai
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science and High Technology Research Center, Konan University, 8 9 1 Okamoto, Higashinadaku, Kobe, Hyogo 658 8501, Japan
Cornea 21:495-500. 2002....
- Early death during chemotherapy in patients with small-cell lung cancer: derivation of a prognostic index for toxic death and progressionU N Lassen
Finsen Center, Department of Oncology, Rigshospitalet, National University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Br J Cancer 79:515-9. 1999..We suggest that other groups evaluate our algorithm and exclude poor prognosis patients from trials of dose intensification...
- Kinetic mechanism of the endogenous lactate dehydrogenase activity of duck epsilon-crystallinG G Chang
Department of Biochemistry, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Arch Biochem Biophys 284:285-91. 1991....
- Inhibition of tert-butyl hydroperoxide-induced cell membrane bleb formation by alpha-tocopherol and glutathioneH W Chen
Department of Nutrition, Chung Shan Medical College, 40203, Taichung, Taiwan
Food Chem Toxicol 38:1089-96. 2000..These results indicated that intracellular GSH and alpha-tocopherol status are important to the TBH-induced cell membrane abnormality. Furthermore, TS plays a defensive role against blebbing when GSH is exhausted by TBH...
- Cloning of the D-lactate dehydrogenase gene from Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus by complementation in Escherichia coliN Bernard
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
FEBS Lett 290:61-4. 1991..The open reading frame encoded a 333-amino acid protein, showing no similarity with known L-LDH sequences but closely related to L. casei D-hydroxyisocaproate dehydrogenase (D-HicDH)...
- Serum lactate dehydrogenase isoenzyme 1 and prediction of death in patients with metastatic testicular germ cell tumorsF E von Eyben
The Department of Clinical Chemistry, Odense University Hospital, Denmark
Clin Chem Lab Med 39:38-44. 2001..The findings have implications for the staging and treatment of patients with metastatic testicular germ cell tumors...
- Diphenyl diselenide reduces temporarily hyperglycemia: possible relationship with oxidative stressN B V Barbosa
Departamento de Quimica, Centro de Ciencias Naturais e Exatas, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, Santa Maria, RS, CEP 97105 900, Brazil
Chem Biol Interact 163:230-8. 2006..Our findings suggest that diphenyl diselenide can be considered an anti-diabetogenic agent by exhibiting anti-hyperglycemic and antioxidant properties...
- In vitro study of lovastatin interactions with amiodarone and with carbon tetrachloride in isolated rat hepatocytesA Z Krasteva
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical University, 2 Dunav Str, Sofia 1000, Bulgaria
World J Gastroenterol 13:2198-204. 2007..To investigate the interactions at a metabolic level between lovastatin, amiodarone and carbon tetrachloride in isolated rat hepatocytes...
- Fluvastatin ameliorates endotoxin induced multiple organ failure in conscious ratsChung Hua Chen
Institute of Medical Sciences, Tzu Chi University, Hualien, Taiwan
Resuscitation 74:166-74. 2007..In this present study, we used fluvastatin, a HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor, to study its effects upon LPS-induced endotoxic shock in conscious rats...
- Protective effect of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids concentrate on isoproterenol-induced myocardial infarction in ratsR Anandan
Biochemistry and Nutrition Division, Central Institute of Fisheries Technology, Matsyapuri PO, Cochin, India
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 76:153-8. 2007..39+/-0.18 microg/g). The results of the present study indicate that the overall cardioprotective effect of PUFA concentrate is probably related to its ability to inhibit lipid accumulation by its hypolipidaemic property...
- Alpha-lipoic acid protects against hepatic ischemia-reperfusion injury in ratsEnder Dulundu
Department of 5th Surgery, Haydarpasa Numune Educational and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Pharmacology 79:163-70. 2007..To evaluate the protective effect of alpha-lipoic acid in reducing oxidative damage after severe hepatic ischemia/reperfusion (IR) injury...
- Enzymic activities in two populations of purified rat islet beta-cellsA Sener
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine, Brussels Free University, B-1070 Brussels, Belgium
Int J Mol Med 8:285-9. 2001..These findings thus argue against a low expression of either low-Km hexokinase(s) or lactate dehydrogenase as major determinants of the glucose-sensing device in beta-cells...
- Hepatoprotection of Phyllanthus maderaspatensis against experimentally induced liver injury in ratsV V Asha
Molecular Ethnopharmacology Lab, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695014, India
Fitoterapia 78:134-41. 2007..The activity of hexane extracts of P. maderaspatensis was comparable to that of silymarin, the reference hepatoprotective drug...
- ACUTE RENAL FAILURE--IMPACT OF FLUORINATED ANESTHETICSRICHARD ZAGER; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Iron Therapy in Renal Disease: Potential ToxicitiesRICHARD ZAGER; Fiscal Year: 2008..Potential reasons for these differences will be assessed, with the ultimate goal of defining the safest way of administering parenteral irons to renal disease patients. ..
- Diesel Exhaust Particle Modulation of InflammationJeanclare Seagrave; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Role of inflammation in manganese-induced neurotoxicityNIKOLAY FILIPOV; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term goal of the proposed studies is to understand the role of microglia and environmental contaminants in neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Utility of rapid diagnostic tests for malariaHeidi Hopkins; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lactate Transport as a Therapeutic Target in GliomaSAROJ PRIYANTHA MATHUPALA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, we need new ways to target this deadly cancer. We plan to test a novel method to "pickle-the-tumor-to-death," while leaving healthy brain cells intact. ..
- REGULATION OF THE ERYTHROPOIETIN GENEH Bunn; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies should provide unique and highly relevant information about common mechanisms of oxygen sensing, signal transduction and gene regulation that enable organisms to adapt to hypoxia. ..
- Rapid ischemic tolerance: Ubiquitin-mediated structural reorganizationRobert Meller; Fiscal Year: 2007..Indeed, the long-term aim of these studies is to discover endogenous protective mechanisms that can be translated into effective rapid acting neuroprotective agents for stroke. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The role of ADMA in the pathology of asthmaSandra Wells; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The role of cardiolipin apoptosisDIANE HICKSON BICK; Fiscal Year: 2007..The role of these modified phospholipids in cyt c release will be determined. We will answer the question "is the loss of cyt c preceded by deacylation of CL?" [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Treatment of ADHD in Pediatric Patients with EpilepsyJoseph Gonzalez Heydrich; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Perfusion preservation solution for recovery of Donation by Cardiac Death liversCharles Lee; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DISORDERED BLOOD COAGULATION IN SICKLE CELL DISEASEKenneth Ataga; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., is the "hypercoagulability" observed in patients with SCD a primary cause of the vasoocclusion or is it simply a secondary event that is observed in this clinical setting. ..
- A Novel Neuroprotective Approach for IschemiaZhi Gang Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2004..Here we propose to develop PAN-811 as a neuroprotectant for global and focal ischemia. ..
- Novel therapeutics for chronic painPaul Wood; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- CLINICAL TRIALS AND MENTORING IN ONCOLOGY RESEARCHRobert Motzer; Fiscal Year: 2003..One recently joined staff at MSKCC in the Genito-urinary Section. Mentoring of clinical trials is extended beyond fellowship to junior faculty members. ..
- Identification of the 1-methyladenine receptorSEAN PLACE; Fiscal Year: 2008..Eventually, studies will be conducted that are designed to elucidate the details of the molecular mechanism of signal transduction during oocyte maturation. ..
- OTK18 Regulation in HIV-1 associated dementiaTsuneya Ikezu; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Single Cell Analysis of Cross Talk Among Kinase PathwaysStefan Kaluz; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will provide additional information relating to our understanding of the consequencesof activationof kinase signaling pathwayswith respect to malignant transformation, aggressive tumor growth and survival. ..
- PEDIATRIC ONCOLOGY GROUPSusan Cohn; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- The Role of SPARC in Neuroblastoma AngiogenesisSusan Cohn; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Oxidative Nutrition in Dialysis PatientsKamyar Kalantar Zadeh; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Growth factor effects on dental pulp cellsDOUGLAS LOBNER; Fiscal Year: 2008..As a method of maintaining the viability of these cells we are proposing studying the effects of naturally occurring substances called growth factors on dental pulp cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of ubiquitin in quality control of lens proteinsFu Shang; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed work will increase our knowledge of how the lens maintains its transparent function and will potentially identify targets of pharmaceutical interventions for prevention or treatment of age-related cataract. ..
- Protein ubiquitination based neuroprotection for strokeRobert Meller; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Glucose Signaling: Regulation of Enzyme ActivityDONALD PETTIGREW; Fiscal Year: 2006..coli. ..
- Legionella pneumophila developmental cycle & virulencePAUL STOKES HOFFMAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..These studies should also provide insights relevant to other opportunistic environmental pathogens including oxiella, Burkholderia and species of Mycobacterium. ..
- Optimizing Heme Oxygenase Activity after CNS HemorrhageRaymond Regan; Fiscal Year: 2009..The ultimate goal is to reduce brain injury in tissue surrounding a blood clot, and to thereby improve the likelihood of survival and return to an independent, productive life. ..
- CANNABINOIDS AND NEUROPROTECTION IN CEREBRAL ISCHEMIADavid Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Central Adaptations to Creatine Supplementation in Older Men and WomenERIC RAWSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- New Topical Therapies for PsoriasisMitchell Avery; Fiscal Year: 2007..The goal of this project is to develop a safe and effective new drug for topical treatment of psoriasis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GLUTATHIONE AND MITOCHONDRIA IN TOXIC RENAL INJURYLawrence Lash; Fiscal Year: 2003..This information may have therapeutic applications for prevention of renal cellular injury or for understanding mitochondrial diseases or age-related decreases that occur in mitochondrial function. ..
- FATTY ACID METABOLISM IN CARDIAC ISCHEMIADIANE HICKSON BICK; Fiscal Year: 2002..Location of a malonyl-CoA compartment that is inaccessible to CPT-I will shed light on the inconsistency between the high malonyl CoA content in heart and reliance on beta-oxidation. ..
- Toll-Like Receptors in Bacterial Antigen Induced HIV-LTROzlem Equils; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- First Int'l Symposium on Childhood and Adolescent NHLMitchell Cairo; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- BIOLOGY OF HUMAN INTRAEPITHELIAL LYMPHOCYTESEllen Ebert; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will determine the mechanism of IEL chemotaxis toward secreted products of ECs, why IL-15 is more potent than IL-2 in inducing LAK activity by IELs, and how IL-10 and IL-12 augment this activity. ..
- BACTERIAL MODULATION OF LUNG INFLAMMATORY RESPONSEThomas Russo; Fiscal Year: 2004..g. hemolysin) and bacterially induced host response elements in directly mediating the pathogenesis of lung injury. ..
- CHEMICAL INDUCED NEPHROTOXICITY--SUCCINIMIDESGARY RANKIN; Fiscal Year: 2001..Collectively, the results of these studies should add important, new knowledge about the nephrotoxic and urotoxic species of succinimides, cellular targets of the toxicant species and potential mechanisms of nephrotoxicity. ..
- MECHANISMS OF INJURY POTENTIATION BY GROWTH FACTORSDOUGLAS LOBNER; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is believed that these studies will aid in determining under what conditions growth factor induced potentiation of cell death may be of concern regarding their therapeutic use, and how those concerns may be addressed. ..
- WILD DERIVED MOUSE STOCKS--NEW MODELS FOR AGING RESEARCHRichard Miller; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- TISSUE-CRYSTAL INTERACTION CA OXALATE NEPHROLITHIASISSaeed Khan; Fiscal Year: 2003..We can follow various events of nephrolithiasis in the animal model and cats explore the outcome of renal epithelial cell exposure to oxalate and calcium oxalate crystals in the cell cultures. ..
- Nonablative AlloSCT in Refractory Autoimmune DiseaseMitchell Cairo; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- DEVELOPMENT OF NOVEL ANTIFUNGAL ANTIPC NATURAL PRODUCTSMitchell Avery; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Effect of Age on Exercise-Induced CardioprotectionJOSEPH STARNES; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of this Aim will provide key direction for the effective design of further comprehensive studies using inhibitors and/or activators of specific proteins or signaling pathways. ..
- Endothelial Transduction of Shear StressTIMOTHY NURKIEWICZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- The role of ADMA in the pathology of asthmaSandra Wells; Fiscal Year: 2008..To ensure that the candidate accomplishes her research and training goals, she will have an excellent mentor and advisors, rich academic surroundings, and strong institutional commitment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CaP, crystal responsible for idiopathic nephrolithasisSaeed Khan; Fiscal Year: 2008..Type density and size must conform to limits and specifications provided in the PHS 398Instructions. RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page 1 Description, ..
- Effect of Inducible Antioxidants on Hemoglobin ToxicityRaymond F Regan; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ultimate goal is to reduce brain injury in tissue surrounding a blood clot, and to thereby improve the likelihood of survival and return to an independent, productive life. ..
- AntiRetroviral Activities of NEBRITsuneya Ikezu; Fiscal Year: 2003..The potential of NEBR1 to effect viral-host cell interactions is realistic, novel and contains therapeutic implications. ..
- 2007 Cellular Osmoregulation: Sensors, Tranducers & Regulators Gordon Research CoPAUL YANCEY; Fiscal Year: 2007..In all aspects of the conference, the organizers are working to promote the involvement of women, minorities and people with disabilities. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- AMINO ACID TRANSPORT IN HYPOXIC-ISCHEMIC ENCEPHALOPATHYMichael Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Mineral and Mechanical Properties of BoneSarandeep Huja; Fiscal Year: 2005..Future interventional studies will examine the mechanisms for the initial and the long-term adaptive response in material properties of bone. ..
- Dev & Testing of New Medications for Treatment of Emerging Infectious DiseasesMitchell Avery; Fiscal Year: 2006..This allows LADDS infrastructure to inch forward now to the last stages of drug development that are achievable with academic economics. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Novel Neuroprotective Approach for IschemiaZhi Gang Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2007..At the end of the phase II period, we expect to submit an IND application to the FDA to use PAN-811 for the treatment of transient ischemic stroke and initiate phase Ib clinical trials. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- LIVER/LUNG INTERACTIONS DURING GRAM NEGATIVE ENDOTOXEMIAGeorge Matuschak; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Reproductive Biochemistry of Testis Specific LDH-XErwin Goldberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..Completion of these specific aims will further our understanding of LDH-C4 function, of testis specific gene regulation and of macromolecular interactions necessary for normal spermatogenesis and sperm function. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- OXYGEN SENSING AND SIGNAL TRANSDUCTIONH Bunn; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF CADMIUM TOXICITY IN EPITHELIAL CELLSWALTER PROZIALECK; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, the results of these studies could have more general implications regarding the mechanisms by which toxic substances affect living organisms. ..
- Identification of Novel Genes Expressed in Bowel Cancer Using Change Mediated AntJeffrey Hillman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such proteins are likely to be useful in monitoring treatment, diagnosing this disease, and in preventing it. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Sun Valley Workshop on Skeletal BiologyDavid Burr; Fiscal Year: 2004..An Advisory Panel is formed of session chairs. There are plans to advertise and distribute a summary of the workshop, partly using Web-based resources. ..
- SMALL BIOEFFECTOR MOLECULES OF STREPTOCOCCUS MUTANSJeffrey Hillman; Fiscal Year: 2001..In specific aim 5, a reporter gene-labeled construct of JH1140 will be mutagenized with Tn917 and mutants lacking positive regulators for mutacin 1140 expression will be isolated and analyzed. ..
- Sun Valley Workshop on Skeletal BiologyDavid Burr; Fiscal Year: 2006..There are plans to advertise and distribute a summary of the workshop, partly using Web-based resources. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION IN MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIC INJURYRichard Vander Heide; Fiscal Year: 2001..Experimental design will include morphologic, biochemical, and pharmacologic assessment of isolated myocytes subjected to myocardial ischemia. ..
- Genes of M. tuberculosis Induced During Human InfectionJeffrey Hillman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Sun Valley Workshop on Skeletal BiologyDavid Burr; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Sun Valley Workshop on Skeletal BiologyDavid Burr; Fiscal Year: 2007..There are plans to advertise and distribute a summary of the workshop, partly using Web-based resources. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MODELS FOR TESTING CANDIDATE TOPICAL MICROBICIDES FOR CYTOTOXICITY AND ACTIVITY AMary Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MECHANOTRANSDUCTION IN BONEDavid Burr; Fiscal Year: 2003..Data generated by this Program are intended to define some mechanisms by which fluid forces can regulate gene expression, and will attempt to validate these mechanisms by in vivo studies. ..
- MUSCULOSKELETAL TRAINING GRANTDavid Burr; Fiscal Year: 2006..Two presentations were nominated for Young Investigator Awards by the ASBMR and the ORS. ..
- Sun Valley Workshop on Skeletal BiologyDavid Burr; Fiscal Year: 2005..An Advisory Panel is formed of session chairs. There are plans to advertise and distribute a summary of the workshop, partly using Web-based resources. ..