Genomes and Genes
glutamate carboxypeptidase ii
Summary: A metallocarboxypeptidase that is predominantly expressed as a membrane-bound enzyme. It catalyzes the hydrolysis of an unsubstituted, C-terminal glutamyl residue, typically from PTEROYLPOLYGLUTAMIC ACIDS. It was formerly classified as EC 188.8.131.52.
Publications205 found, 100 shown here
- Tumor target prostate specific membrane antigen (PSMA) and its regulation in prostate cancerArundhati Ghosh
George M O Brien Center for Urology Research, Department of Cancer Biology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Cell Biochem 91:528-39. 2004..In this review we have discussed the regulation of PSMA expression within the cells, and significance of its expression in prostate cancer and metastasis...
- Expression of the prostate-specific membrane antigenR S Israeli
Urologic Oncology Research Laboratory, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021
Cancer Res 54:1807-11. 1994..LNCaP tumors implanted and grown both orthotopically and s.c. in nude mice abundantly express PSM, providing an excellent in vivo model system to study the regulation and modulation of PSM expression...
- Glutamate carboxypeptidase II in diagnosis and treatment of neurologic disorders and prostate cancerC Barinka
Institute of Biotechnology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, 14200 Praha 4, Czech Republic
Curr Med Chem 19:856-70. 2012b>Glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCPII) is a membrane-bound binuclear zinc metallopeptidase with the highest expression levels found in the nervous and prostatic tissue...
- 68Ga-complex lipophilicity and the targeting property of a urea-based PSMA inhibitor for PET imagingMatthias Eder
Radiopharmaceutical Chemistry, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Bioconjug Chem 23:688-97. 2012..It could be demonstrated that the PET-imaging property of a urea-based PSMA inhibitor could significantly be improved with HBED-CC...
- Advances in understanding the peptide neurotransmitter NAAG and appearance of a new member of the NAAG neuropeptide familyJoseph H Neale
Department of Biology, Georgetown University, Washington, District of Columbia 20057, USA
J Neurochem 118:490-8. 2011....
- Correlation of primary tumor prostate-specific membrane antigen expression with disease recurrence in prostate cancerJeffrey S Ross
Departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:6357-62. 2003....
- Preclinical evaluation of novel glutamate-urea-lysine analogues that target prostate-specific membrane antigen as molecular imaging pharmaceuticals for prostate cancerShawn M Hillier
Molecular Insight Pharmaceuticals, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Res 69:6932-40. 2009..PSMA-specific radiopharmaceuticals should provide a novel molecular targeting option for the detection and staging of prostate cancer...
- Co-expression and impact of prostate specific membrane antigen and prostate specific antigen in prostatic pathologiesAwatef Ben Jemaa
Unit of Immunology and Microbiology Environmental and Carcinogenesis, Faculty of Sciences of Bizerte, 7021 Zarzouna, University of 7 November at Carthage, Tunisia
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 29:171. 2010....
- Is prostate-specific membrane antigen a multifunctional protein?Ayyappan K Rajasekaran
Dept of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, Univ of California, Los Angeles, 10833 Le Conte Ave, Rm 13 344, CHS, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 288:C975-81. 2005..Insights into the possible functions of PSMA should improve the diagnostic and therapeutic values of this clinically important molecule...
- Inhibition of glutamate carboxypeptidase II (NAALADase) protects against dynorphin A-induced ischemic spinal cord injury in ratsJoseph B Long
Department of Polytrauma and Resuscitation Research, Division of Military Casualty Research, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD 20910 7500, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 508:115-22. 2005..These results indicate that 2-PMPA provides effective protection against excitotoxic spinal cord injury...
- NAAG peptidase inhibitor reduces acute neuronal degeneration and astrocyte damage following lateral fluid percussion TBI in ratsChunlong Zhong
Department of Neurological Surgery, The Center for Neuroscience, University of California at Davis, Davis, California 95616 8797, USA
J Neurotrauma 22:266-76. 2005..05). We conclude that the NAAG peptidase inhibitor ZJ-43 is a potential novel strategy to reduce both neuronal and astrocyte damage associated with the glutamate excitotoxicity after TBI...
- Localization of NAAG-related gene expression deficits to the anterior hippocampus in schizophreniaSubroto Ghose
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9127, USA
Schizophr Res 111:131-7. 2009..b>Glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCPII), an enzyme that metabolizes NAAG, is also implicated in this illness...
- Endogenous N-acetylaspartylglutamate (NAAG) inhibits synaptic plasticity/transmission in the amygdala in a mouse inflammatory pain modelMary O Adedoyin
Department of Biology, Georgetown University, Biology Reiss Building 37th and O St NW, Washington, D C 20057, USA
Mol Pain 6:60. 2010..Evoked excitatory postsynaptic currents (eEPSCs) were studied in neurons in the CeLC of mouse brain slices following stimulation of the spinoparabrachial amygdaloid afferents...
- Docetaxel down-regulates the expression of androgen receptor and prostate-specific antigen but not prostate-specific membrane antigen in prostate cancer cell lines: implications for PSA surrogacyKenji Kuroda
Laboratory of Urological Oncology, Department of Urology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York 10065, USA
Prostate 69:1579-85. 2009..As controls, we also looked at the expression of androgen receptor (AR) and prostate-specific antigen (PSA)...
- Nanoparticle-aptamer bioconjugates: a new approach for targeting prostate cancer cellsOmid C Farokhzad
Department of Anesthesiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Res 64:7668-72. 2004..To our knowledge, this represents the first report of targeted drug delivery with nanoparticle-aptamer bioconjugates...
- A series of halogenated heterodimeric inhibitors of prostate specific membrane antigen (PSMA) as radiolabeled probes for targeting prostate cancerK P Maresca
Molecular Insight Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 160 Second Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
J Med Chem 52:347-57. 2009....
- Noninvasive measurement of androgen receptor signaling with a positron-emitting radiopharmaceutical that targets prostate-specific membrane antigenMichael J Evans
Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:9578-82. 2011....
- Glutamate carboxypeptidase II inhibition protects motor neurons from death in familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis modelsGhanashyam D Ghadge
Department of Neurology, University of Chicago School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:9554-9. 2003..this study, we tested whether a neuroprotective strategy involving potent and selective inhibitors of glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCPII), which converts the abundant neuropeptide N-acetylaspartylglutamate to glutamate, could ..
- Characterization of a targeted nanoparticle functionalized with a urea-based inhibitor of prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA)Sachin S Chandran
The Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, The Johns Hopkins University Whiting School of Engineering, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 7:974-82. 2008..Ongoing in vivo studies address the localization, activity and toxicity of these targeted nanoparticles against PSMA-producing human prostate tumor xenografts...
- The central nervous system effects, pharmacokinetics and safety of the NAALADase-inhibitor GPI 5693J P van der Post
Centre for Human Drug Research, Leiden, The Netherlands
Br J Clin Pharmacol 60:128-36. 2005..The aim was to assess the central nervous system (CNS) effects, pharmacokinetics and safety of GPI 5693, an inhibitor of a novel CNS-drug target, NAALADase which is being evaluated for the treatment of neuropathic pain...
- The preventive and therapeutic effects of GCPII (NAALADase) inhibition on painful and sensory diabetic neuropathyW Zhang
Department of Pathology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
J Neurol Sci 247:217-23. 2006..One source is derived from the hydrolysis of the neuropeptide N-acetyl aspartyl glutamate (NAAG) by glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCPII, also known as NAALADase)...
- Deletion of the glutamate carboxypeptidase II gene in mice reveals a second enzyme activity that hydrolyzes N-acetylaspartylglutamateDean J Bacich
Department of Cancer Biology, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Neurochem 83:20-9. 2002b>Glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCPII, EC 184.108.40.206) is a membrane-bound enzyme found on the extracellular face ofglia. The gene for this enzyme is designated FOLH1 in humans and Folh1 in mice...
- Radiohalogenated prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA)-based ureas as imaging agents for prostate cancerYing Chen
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
J Med Chem 51:7933-43. 2008..Because of the many radiohalogenated moieties that can be attached via the epsilon amino group, the intermediate Lys-C(O)-Glu is an attractive template upon which to develop new imaging agents for prostate cancer...
- Synthesis and evaluation of technetium-99m- and rhenium-labeled inhibitors of the prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA)Sangeeta R Banerjee
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
J Med Chem 51:4504-17. 2008..PSMA can accommodate the steric requirements of (99m)Tc/Re complexes within PSMA inhibitors, the best results achieved with a linker moiety between the epsilon amine of the urea lysine and the chelator...
- The proinflammatory cytokine, IL-6, and its interference with bFGF signaling and PSMA in prostate cancer cellsAwatef Ben Jemaa
Unit of Immunology and Microbiology Environmental and Carcinogenesis IMEC, Faculty of Sciences of Bizerte, University of Carthage, 7021 Bizerte, Zarzouna, Tunisia
Inflammation 36:643-50. 2013..In developing novel therapeutic modalities targeting IL-6, significant attention should be given to PSMA and its inactivation to fight against prostate cancer...
- Structure of glutamate carboxypeptidase II, a drug target in neuronal damage and prostate cancerJeroen R Mesters
Institute of Biochemistry, Center for Structural and Cell Biology in Medicine, University of Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
EMBO J 25:1375-84. 2006Membrane-bound glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCPII) is a zinc metalloenzyme that catalyzes the hydrolysis of the neurotransmitter N-acetyl-L-aspartyl-L-glutamate (NAAG) to N-acetyl-L-aspartate and L-glutamate (which is itself a ..
- 2-MPPA, a selective glutamate carboxypeptidase II inhibitor, attenuates morphine tolerance but not dependence in C57/Bl miceEwa Kozela
Department of Biochemistry, Laboratory of Behavioral Neuroscience, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, 12 Smetna Street, 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 183:275-84. 2005..In the present study, we investigated in more detail the effects of GCP II inhibition on opioid dependence and tolerance to its antinociceptive effect in C57/Bl mice using a novel GCP II inhibitor...
- Efficient and versatile one-step affinity purification of in vivo biotinylated proteins: expression, characterization and structure analysis of recombinant human glutamate carboxypeptidase IIJ Tykvart
Gilead Sciences and IOCB Research Centre, Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Flemingovo n 2, Prague 6, Czech Republic
Protein Expr Purif 82:106-15. 2012..We optimized a protocol for large-scale expression and purification of AviTEV-tagged recombinant human glutamate carboxypeptidase II (Avi-GCPII) with milligram yields per liter of culture...
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the glutamate carboxypeptidase II inhibitor 2-MPPA show prolonged alleviation of neuropathic pain through an indirect mechanismJames J Vornov
Brain Science Institute, NeuroTranslational Drug Discovery Program, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 346:406-13. 2013b>Glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCP II) is a therapeutic target in neurologic disorders associated with excessive activation of glutamatergic systems...
- The role of glutamate signaling in pain processes and its regulation by GCP II inhibitionK M Wozniak
Brain Science Institute NeuroTranslational Drug Discovery Program, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 855 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Curr Med Chem 19:1323-34. 2012..GCPII (glutamate carboxypeptidase II) cleaves the prevalent neuropeptide NAAG into NAA and glutamate and there is widespread evidence and ..
- Structural optimization of thiol-based inhibitors of glutamate carboxypeptidase II by modification of the P1' side chainPavel Majer
MGI Pharma, Inc, 6611 Tributary Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Med Chem 49:2876-85. 2006..a benzyl moiety at the P1' position have been synthesized and tested for their abilities to inhibit glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCP II)...
- Heterogeneity of prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA) expression in prostate carcinoma with distant metastasisSebastian Mannweiler
Institute of Pathology, Medical University of Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 25, 8036 Graz, Austria
Pathol Oncol Res 15:167-72. 2009..Our findings clearly support the feasibility but also direct to potential failures of PSMA-targeted in vivo diagnostic and therapeutic approaches in prostate cancer patients with distant metastasis...
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of thiol-based inhibitors of glutamate carboxypeptidase II: discovery of an orally active GCP II inhibitorPavel Majer
Guilford Pharmaceuticals Inc, 6611 Tributary Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Med Chem 46:1989-96. 2003A series of 2-(thioalkyl)pentanedioic acids were synthesized and evaluated as inhibitors of glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCP II, EC 220.127.116.11)...
- Prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA) protein expression in normal and neoplastic tissues and its sensitivity and specificity in prostate adenocarcinoma: an immunohistochemical study using mutiple tumour tissue microarray techniqueP Mhawech-Fauceglia
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Histopathology 50:472-83. 2007..To determine prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA) expression in normal tissues and in 3161 benign and malignant tumours and subsequently to define its sensitivity and specificity in prostatic adenocarcinoma (PaC)...
- Vascular targeted therapy with anti-prostate-specific membrane antigen monoclonal antibody J591 in advanced solid tumorsMatthew I Milowsky
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:540-7. 2007..This was a proof-of-principle evaluation of PSMA as a potential neovascular target. The primary end points were targeting,toxicity, maximum-tolerated dose, pharmacokinetics (PK), and human antihuman antibody (HAHA) response...
- Phencyclidine and dizocilpine induced behaviors reduced by N-acetylaspartylglutamate peptidase inhibition via metabotropic glutamate receptorsRafal T Olszewski
Department of Biology, Georgetown University, Washington D C 20057, USA
Biol Psychiatry 63:86-91. 2008..We previously reported that ZJ43, a potent inhibitor of the enzymes that inactivate synaptically released NAAG, reduced motor and stereotypic effects of PCP in the rat...
- Selective inhibition of NAALADase, which converts NAAG to glutamate, reduces ischemic brain injuryB S Slusher
Guilford Pharmaceuticals, Department of Research, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Nat Med 5:1396-402. 1999..Both effects could contribute to neuroprotection. These data indicate that NAALADase inhibition may have use in neurological disorders in which excessive excitatory amino acid transmission is pathogenic...
- Substrate specificity of prostate-specific membrane antigenMarc O Anderson
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA 94132, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 15:6678-86. 2007..Lastly, binding modes of endogenous substrates and our best synthetic substrate (4-phenylazobenzoyl-Glu-gamma-Glu) were proposed by computational docking studies into an X-ray crystal structure of the PSMA extracellular domain...
- Recognition of prostate tumor cells by cytotoxic T lymphocytes specific for prostate-specific membrane antigenJun Lu
Department of Immunology, Mayo Graduate School, and Mayo Cancer Center, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer Res 62:5807-12. 2002..These results underline the importance of demonstrating antitumor reactivity of peptide-induced CTLs for the selection of epitopes destined to become immunotherapeutic for prostate cancer...
- Cell-Surface labeling and internalization by a fluorescent inhibitor of prostate-specific membrane antigenTiancheng Liu
Department of Chemistry, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington, USA
Prostate 68:955-64. 2008..A novel fluorescent inhibitor was prepared as a model to examine these processes...
- Identification of the N-glycosylation sites on glutamate carboxypeptidase II necessary for proteolytic activityCyril Barinka
Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Flemingovo n 2, 166 10 Praha 6, Czech Republic
Protein Sci 13:1627-35. 2004b>Glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCPII) is a membrane peptidase expressed in the prostate, central and peripheral nervous system, kidney, small intestine, and tumor-associated neovasculature...
- The molecular pruning of a phosphoramidate peptidomimetic inhibitor of prostate-specific membrane antigenLisa Y Wu
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, San Francisco State University, 1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94132, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 15:7434-43. 2007..86 nM to 4.1 microM. Computational docking, utilizing a recently solved X-ray crystal structure of the recombinant protein, along with enzyme inhibition data, was used to propose a pharmacophore model for the PSMA active site...
- DNA fusion gene vaccines induce cytotoxic T-cell attack on naturally processed peptides of human prostate-specific membrane antigenGisella E Vittes
University of Southampton School of Medicine, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK
Eur J Immunol 41:2447-56. 2011..The preclinical model provides a powerful tool for generating CD8(+) T cells able to predict whether target cells can process and present peptides, essential for planning peptide vaccine-based clinical trials...
- Probing for a hydrophobic a binding register in prostate-specific membrane antigen with phenylalkylphosphonamidatesJack Maung
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, San Francisco State University, 1600 Holloway Ave, San Francisco, CA 94132, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 12:4969-79. 2004....
- Prostate-specific membrane antigen expression is a potential prognostic marker in endometrial adenocarcinomaPaulette Mhawech-Fauceglia
Department of Pathology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Street, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:571-7. 2008....
- Orally active glutamate carboxypeptidase II inhibitor 2-MPPA attenuates dizocilpine-induced prepulse inhibition deficits in miceYuto Takatsu
Division of Clinical Neuroscience, Chiba University Center for Forensic Mental Health, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Brain Res 1371:82-6. 2011b>Glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCP II) is a glial enzyme responsible for the hydrolysis of N-acetylaspartylglutamate (NAAG) into glutamate and N-acetylaspartate (NAA)...
- 123I-MIP-1072, a small-molecule inhibitor of prostate-specific membrane antigen, is effective at monitoring tumor response to taxane therapyShawn M Hillier
Molecular Insight Pharmaceuticals, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
J Nucl Med 52:1087-93. 2011....
- Bioanalysis of N-acetyl-aspartyl-glutamate as a marker of glutamate carboxypeptidase II inhibitionAjit G Thomas
Brain Science Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Anal Biochem 404:94-6. 2010..based on differences between glutamate concentrations before and after NAAG hydrolysis with exogenous glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCP II) using high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) followed by fluorescence detection...
- Aspartoacylase deficiency does not affect N-acetylaspartylglutamate level or glutamate carboxypeptidase II activity in the knockout mouse brainSankar Surendran
Department of Pediatrics, Childrens Hospital, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Rm 3 350, Galveston, TX 77555 0359, USA
Brain Res 1016:268-71. 2004..The NAAG hydrolyzing enzyme, glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCP II), activity was normal in the knockout mouse brain...
- Antinociceptive effects of N-acetylaspartylglutamate (NAAG) peptidase inhibitors ZJ-11, ZJ-17 and ZJ-43 in the rat formalin test and in the rat neuropathic pain modelTatsuo Yamamoto
Department of Anaesthesiology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba shi, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 20:483-94. 2004..In contrast, peptidase inhibition did not affect the threshold for withdrawal from a noxious mechanical stimulus or from an acute thermal stimulus in the hotplate test...
- Spinal N-acetyl-alpha-linked acidic dipeptidase (NAALADase) inhibition attenuates mechanical allodynia induced by paw carrageenan injection in the ratT Yamamoto
Department of Anesthesiology, School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba shi, 260 0856, Chiba, Japan
Brain Res 909:138-44. 2001..These data suggested that the inhibition of spinal NAALADase alleviated mechanical allodynia induced by paw carrageenan injection...
- Radiolabeled small-molecule ligands for prostate-specific membrane antigen: in vivo imaging in experimental models of prostate cancerCatherine A Foss
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 2182, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:4022-8. 2005..Our goal in this study was to develop a series of PSMA-based imaging agents for clinical use...
- Local administration of N-acetylaspartylglutamate (NAAG) peptidase inhibitors is analgesic in peripheral pain in ratsTatsuo Yamamoto
Department of Anaesthesiology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba shi, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 25:147-58. 2007....
- A changing world for DCvax: a PSMA loaded autologous dendritic cell vaccine for prostate cancerMayer Fishman
Moffitt Cancer Center, Department of Genitourinary Oncology, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 9:1565-75. 2009..More recently DCvax brain, a product using a similar DC platform showed encouraging Phase I-II results and sipleucel-T, a prostatic acid phosphatase (PAP)-directed DC immunotherapy had positive Phase III results...
- Group II mGluR agonist LY354740 and NAAG peptidase inhibitor effects on prepulse inhibition in PCP and D-amphetamine models of schizophreniaCaterina P Profaci
Department of Biology, Georgetown University, 37th and O Sts, NW, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 216:235-43. 2011....
- Targeting metastatic prostate cancer with radiolabeled monoclonal antibody J591 to the extracellular domain of prostate specific membrane antigenNeil H Bander
Department of Urology, Division of Nuclear Medicine, New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 525 East 68th Street, Starr 900, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Urol 170:1717-21. 2003....
- Novel prostate-specific promoter derived from PSA and PSMA enhancersSang Jin Lee
Department of Urology, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Mol Ther 6:415-21. 2002..Our results demonstrated the potential use of PSES for the treatment of androgen-independent prostate cancer patients...
- NAAG peptidase inhibitors and their potential for diagnosis and therapyJia Zhou
Acenta Discovery, Inc, 9030 South Rita Road, Suite 300, Tucson, Arizona 85747, USA
Nat Rev Drug Discov 4:1015-26. 2005....
- NAAG peptidase inhibitor increases dialysate NAAG and reduces glutamate, aspartate and GABA levels in the dorsal hippocampus following fluid percussion injury in the ratChunlong Zhong
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California at Davis, Davis, California 95616 8797, USA
J Neurochem 97:1015-25. 2006..The results are consistent with the hypothesis that inhibition of NAAG peptidase may reduce excitotoxic events associated with TBI...
- Identification and characterization of nuclease-stabilized RNA molecules that bind human prostate cancer cells via the prostate-specific membrane antigenShawn E Lupold
Department of Urology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 2101, USA
Cancer Res 62:4029-33. 2002..These aptamers may be used clinically as NAALADase inhibitors or be modified to carry imaging agents and therapeutic agents directed to prostate cancer cells...
- Dendritic cell-based multi-epitope immunotherapy of hormone-refractory prostate carcinomaYing Waeckerle-Men
Research Department, Cantonal Hospital St Gallen, 9007, St Gallen, Switzerland
Cancer Immunol Immunother 55:1524-33. 2006..In this trial, we determined the immunostimulatory capacity of autologous DC pulsed with multiple T cell epitopes derived from four different prostate-specific antigens in patients with advanced hormone-refractory prostate cancer...
- DNA vaccination with electroporation induces increased antibody responses in patients with prostate cancerLindsey Low
Cancer Sciences Division, University of Southampton, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
Hum Gene Ther 20:1269-78. 2009..Responses persisted to 18 months of follow-up. These data establish EP as a potent method for stimulating humoral responses induced by DNA vaccination in humans...
- Systemic administration of optimized aptamer-siRNA chimeras promotes regression of PSMA-expressing tumorsJustin P Dassie
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Nat Biotechnol 27:839-49. 2009..Anti-tumor activity was further enhanced by appending a polyethylene glycol moiety, which increased the chimeras' circulating half-life...
- Evaluation of genetic variants in the reduced folate carrier and in glutamate carboxypeptidase II for spina bifida riskIsabelle Morin
Departments of Pediatrics and Human Genetics, McGill University, Montreal Children s Hospital Research Institute, 4060 Ste Catherine West, Room 200, Montreal, Canada H3Z 2Z3
Mol Genet Metab 79:197-200. 2003..Two recently identified variants are the 1561C-->T (H475Y) mutation in glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCPII) and the 80A-->G (H27R) change in the reduced folate carrier RFC-1...
- Gene therapy for prostate cancer by controlling adenovirus E1a and E4 gene expression with PSES enhancerXiong Li
Departments of Urology, Microbiology and Immunology, Radiology, Medicine, and Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana
Cancer Res 65:1941-51. 2005..These data show that adenoviral replication can be tightly controlled in a novel fashion by controlling adenoviral E1a and E4 genes simultaneously with a single enhancer...
- NFATc1 with AP-3 site binding specificity mediates gene expression of prostate-specific-membrane-antigenSang Jin Lee
Department of Urology, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Mol Biol 330:749-60. 2003..Furthermore, ionomycin (calcium ionophore) and TPA augmented the enhancer activity of PSME, implying that calcium is an important regulator for PSMA expression in prostate cancer cell...
- The homodimer of prostate-specific membrane antigen is a functional target for cancer therapyNORBERT SCHULKE
Progenics Pharmaceuticals, Inc, and PSMA Development Company, LLC, Tarrytown, NY 10591, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:12590-5. 2003..These findings on PSMA structure and biology may have important implications for active and passive immunotherapy of prostate and other cancers...
- Multivalent scaffolds for affinity maturation of small molecule cell surface binders and their application to prostate tumor targetingValerie Humblet
Institute of Organic Chemistry, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, Heinrich Buff Ring 58, 35390 Giessen, Germany
J Med Chem 52:544-50. 2009....
- Molecular evolution of the transferrin receptor/glutamate carboxypeptidase II familyLisa Ann Lambert
Department of Biology, Chatham College, Woodland Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
J Mol Evol 64:113-28. 2007..Other family members include transferrin receptor 2 (TfR2), glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCP2 or PSMA), N-acetylated alpha-linked acidic dipeptidase-like protein (NLDL), N-acetylated alpha-..
- Design of NAALADase inhibitors: a novel neuroprotective strategyP F Jackson
Guilford Pharmaceuticals Inc, 6611 Tributary Street, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Curr Med Chem 8:949-57. 2001..As such, NAALADase inhibition represents a novel method of regulating extracellular glutamate levels and provides a new avenue for the treatment of neurological disorders...
- Prostate-specific membrane antigen: a novel folate hydrolase in human prostatic carcinoma cellsJ T Pinto
Nutrition Research Laboratory, Urology Research Laboratory, Pharmacology Analytical Laboratory, and George M O Brien Urology Research Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Clin Cancer Res 2:1445-51. 1996..Those developing future therapeutic strategies in the treatment of prostate cancer that utilize folate antagonists need to consider this mechanism of resistance...
- Mice lacking glutamate carboxypeptidase II are protected from peripheral neuropathy and ischemic brain injuryDean J Bacich
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Neurochem 95:314-23. 2005..A new strategy for the treatment of neuronal injury involves inhibition of the neuropeptidase glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCP II), also known as N-acetylated alpha-linked acidic dipeptidase...
- Effect of carbohydrate moieties on the folate hydrolysis activity of the prostate specific membrane antigenArundhati Ghosh
George O Brien Center for Urology Research, Department of Cancer Biology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Prostate 57:140-51. 2003....
- Amino acids at the N- and C-termini of human glutamate carboxypeptidase II are required for enzymatic activity and proper foldingCyril Barinka
Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, The Czech Republic
Eur J Biochem 271:2782-90. 2004Human glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCPII) is a co-catalytic metallopeptidase and its putative catalytic domain is homologous to the aminopeptidases from Vibrio proteolyticus and Streptomyces griseus...
- Isolation and expression of a rat brain cDNA encoding glutamate carboxypeptidase IIR Luthi-Carter
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital East, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:3215-20. 1998....
- The neurotransmitter N-acetylaspartylglutamate in models of pain, ALS, diabetic neuropathy, CNS injury and schizophreniaJoseph H Neale
Department of Biology, Georgetown University, Washington DC 20007 1229, USA
Trends Pharmacol Sci 26:477-84. 2005..In this review, we summarize recent studies in these animal models and discuss the mechanisms by which NAAG peptidase inhibitors achieve these effects...
- Dysregulation of glutamate carboxypeptidase II in psychiatric diseaseTomas R Guilarte
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Schizophr Res 99:324-32. 2008Experimental evidence is beginning to converge on an important role for dysregulation of glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCPII) in schizophrenia...
- Influence of a glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCPII) polymorphism (1561C-->T) on plasma homocysteine, folate and vitamin B(12) levels and its relationship to cardiovascular disease riskKarin J A Lievers
Department of Pediatrics, PO Box 9101, University Medical Center Nijmegen, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Atherosclerosis 164:269-73. 2002..An impairment of folate distribution can be an important cause of hyperhomocysteinemia. Glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCPII) regulates the absorption of dietary folates...
- Intracerebroventricular administration of N-acetylaspartylglutamate (NAAG) peptidase inhibitors is analgesic in inflammatory painTatsuo Yamamoto
Department of Biology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Mol Pain 4:31. 2008..Consistent with NAAG's activation of group II metabotropic glutamate receptors, this analgesia is blocked by a group II antagonist...
- Prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA) enzyme activity is elevated in prostate cancer cellsR G Lapidus
Guilford Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Prostate 45:350-4. 2000..The prostate enzyme has activity in both the membrane and cytosolic fractions termed PSMA and PSMA', respectively...
- Inhibition of spinal N-acetylated-alpha-linked acidic dipeptidase produces an antinociceptive effect in the rat formalin testT Yamamoto
Department of Anesthesiology, School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba shi, 260 8670, Chiba, Japan
Neuroscience 102:473-9. 2001....
- Molecular cloning of a peptidase against N-acetylaspartylglutamate from a rat hippocampal cDNA libraryT Bzdega
Department of Biology, Georgetown University, Washington, D C 20057 1229, U S A
J Neurochem 69:2270-7. 1997..Spinal cord yielded an amplification product only with primers for the 5' end of the hippocampal cDNA...
- Expression of prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA), increases cell folate uptake and proliferation and suggests a novel role for PSMA in the uptake of the non-polyglutamated folate, folic acidVeronica Yao
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
Prostate 70:305-16. 2010....
- Prostate-specific membrane antigen is a hydrolase with substrate and pharmacologic characteristics of a neuropeptidaseR E Carter
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital East, Charlestown 02129, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:749-53. 1996..These results also raise questions about the role of PSM in both normal and pathologic prostate epithelial-cell function...
- Detection of extraprostatic prostate cells utilizing reverse transcription-polymerase chain reactionS L Su
Northwest Biotherapeutics, Inc, Seattle, Washington 98125, USA
Semin Surg Oncol 18:17-28. 2000..Data from PSA- or PSMA-RT-PCR using lymph nodes as the tissue source is more encouraging. RT-PCR was able to detect PSA and/or PSMA positive samples that have not been detected by conventional pathology...
- Detection and characterization of the prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA) in tissue extracts and body fluidsJ K Troyer
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk 23501, USA
Int J Cancer 62:552-8. 1995..Second generation antibodies generated against different epitopes may be required to determine if PSMA is shed into serum. Our results support the hypothesis that PSMA is a novel prostate biomarker...
- High expression of PSM-E correlated with tumor grade in prostate cancer: a new alternatively spliced variant of prostate-specific membrane antigenKai yuan Cao
Research Centre for Clinical Laboratory Standard, Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangdong, China
Prostate 67:1791-800. 2007..In the current study, PSMA cDNA was cloned from PCa tissue by RT-PCR. After sequencing, a new spliced variant of PSMA (PSM-E) was discovered and its specificity in PCa was evaluated...
- NAAG peptidase inhibition reduces locomotor activity and some stereotypes in the PCP model of schizophrenia via group II mGluRRafal T Olszewski
Department of Biology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA
J Neurochem 89:876-85. 2004..This novel compound is a potent inhibitor of enzymes, glutamate carboxypeptidase II (K(i) = 0.8 nM) and III (K(i) = 23 nM) that deactivate NAAG following synaptic release...
- Progress in the discovery and development of glutamate carboxypeptidase II inhibitorsTakashi Tsukamoto
MGI Pharma, Inc, 6611 Tributary Street, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Drug Discov Today 12:767-76. 2007..past 10 years, substantial progress has been made in the discovery and development of small molecule glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCP II) inhibitors...
- Glutamate carboxypeptidase II inhibition as a novel therapeutic targetC Rojas
Guilford Pharmaceuticals Inc, 6611 Tributary Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21224 USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 524:205-13. 2003
- Expression of prostate specific membrane antigen and three alternatively spliced variants of PSMA in prostate cancer patientsThomas D Schmittgen
Division of Pharmaceutics, Ohio State University, College of Pharmacy, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Int J Cancer 107:323-9. 2003..We note increased PSMA expression in some malignant tissues, however, these increases are modest in magnitude. We also report that the expression of a novel splice variant, PSM-D, is elevated in prostate cancer metastases...
- Prostate-specific membrane antigen regulates angiogenesis by modulating integrin signal transductionRebecca E Conway
University of Connecticut Health Center, Center for Vascular Biology MC3501, Department of Cell Biology, Farmington, CT 06030 350l, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:5310-24. 2006..Therefore, we have identified a novel role for PSMA as a true molecular interface, integrating both extracellular and intracellular signals during angiogenesis...
- Dissociation between androgen responsiveness for malignant growth vs. expression of prostate specific differentiation markers PSA, hK2, and PSMA in human prostate cancer modelsSamuel R Denmeade
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Prostate 54:249-57. 2003..regulation of expression of prostate differentiation specific markers PSA, hK2, and PSMA...
- Regulation of glutamate carboxypeptidase II function in corticolimbic regions of rat brain by phencyclidine, haloperidol, and clozapineCecilia Flores
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School and McLean Hospital, Mailman Research Center, Belmont, MA, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 28:1227-34. 2003..NAAG is catabolized to glutamate and N-acetyl-aspartate by the astrocytic enzyme glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCP II)...
- Morphine tolerance and reward but not expression of morphine dependence are inhibited by the selective glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCP II, NAALADase) inhibitor, 2-PMPAPiotr Popik
Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, 12 Smetna Street, 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Neuropsychopharmacology 28:457-67. 2003Inhibition of glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCP II; NAALADase) produces a variety of effects on glutamatergic neurotransmission...
- The cloning and characterization of a second brain enzyme with NAAG peptidase activityTomasz Bzdega
Department of Biology, Georgetown University, Washington, D C, USA
J Neurochem 89:627-35. 2004..It is speculated that the enzyme, glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCPII, EC 18.104.22.168), participates in this inactivation...
- Glutamate carboxypeptidase II: a polymorphism associated with lower levels of serum folate and hyperhomocysteinemiaA M Devlin
Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Hum Mol Genet 9:2837-44. 2000..These data suggest that the presence of the H475Y GCPII allele impairs the intestinal absorption of dietary folates, resulting in relatively low blood folate levels and consequent hyperhomocysteinemia...
- Glutamate carboxypeptidase II (NAALADase) inhibition as a novel therapeutic strategyAjit G Thomas
Guilford Pharmaceuticals Inc, 6611 Tributary Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 576:327-37; discussion 361-3. 2006..GCP II inhibition may represent a novel glutamate regulating strategy devoid of the side effects that have hampered the development of postsynaptic glutamate receptor antagonists...
- Prostate-specific membrane antigen association with filamin A modulates its internalization and NAALADase activityGopalakrishnapillai Anilkumar
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Cancer Res 63:2645-8. 2003..These results suggest that filamin might be an important regulator of PSMA function...
- Hydrolysis of the neuropeptide N-acetylaspartylglutamate (NAAG) by cloned human glutamate carboxypeptidase IIR Luthi-Carter
Laboratory of Molecular and Developmental Neuroscience, Massachusetts General Hospital East, Room 2510, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Brain Res 795:341-8. 1998b>Glutamate carboxypeptidase II may modulate excitatory neurotransmission through the catabolism of the neuropeptide N-acetylaspartylglutamate (NAAG) and possibly other endogenous peptide substrates...
- Molecular characterization of human brain N-acetylated alpha-linked acidic dipeptidase (NAALADase)R Luthi-Carter
Laboratory of Molecular and Developmental Neuroscience, Massachusetts General Hospital East, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 286:1020-5. 1998..Therefore, we conclude that the form of NAALADase also known as PSMA is expressed in brain and comprises a significant fraction of brain NAALADase activity...
- Prodrugs of NAAG Peptidase Inhibitors for the Treatment of SchizophreniaJia Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- GLUTAMATERGIC DYSFUNCTION AND SCHIZOPHRENIAJoseph T Coyle; Fiscal Year: 2010..Project 4: Coyle has created mice with conditional knockouts of seririe racemase and glutamate carboxypeptidase II to determine the electrophysiologic and behavioral consequences of suppressing their expression jn ..
- GCPII-Based Brain Imaging AgentsMartin G Pomper; Fiscal Year: 2011..effect on other transmitter systems, we have embarked upon a program to develop imaging agents for glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCPII), an enzyme within the brain that cleaves Nacetylaspartylglutamate (NAAG), to the glutamatergic ..
- GCPII Inihibitors for the treatment of chemotherapy-induced neuropathyBARBARA STAUCH SLUSHER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Inhibition of the glial enzyme glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCPII) has been shown to selectively dampen excessive glutamate transmission and alleviate ..
- METABOTROPIC GLU RECEPTORS IN TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURYBruce Lyeth; Fiscal Year: 2009..This research will also provide clinically relevant information about potential pharmacological agents for the treatment of human head injury. ..
- NAAG Peptidase Inhibitors for the Treatment of Traumatic Brain InjuryJia Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- MICRODIALYSIS OF NAA/NAAG IN FOCAL EPILEPTOGENESISJOHN SLOPIS; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- Fibroblast Activation Protein-alpha Activated Anti-Stromal Prodrug Therpay for CaSamuel R Denmeade; Fiscal Year: 2010..e. "stroma") within cancers rather than the cancer cells themselves can be effective therapy. The FAP- activated prodrug, therefore, could represent a new targeted therapy for a variety of human cancers. ..
- Developing NAAG Peptidase Inhibitors for NeuroprotectionJOSEPH NEALE; Fiscal Year: 2005..been synthesized and tested for their ability to inhibit enzymes that hydrolyze NAAG, particularly glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCPII)...
- SAMe and Folate Deficiency in Alcoholic MircropigsCharles Halsted; Fiscal Year: 2006..While furthering understanding of interactions of methionine metabolites on pathways of liver injury, the project may establish novel approaches to the prevention and treatment of ALD. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Studies of Human Folate HydrolaseCharles Halsted; Fiscal Year: 2005..characterized the molecular properties of human intestinal folate hydrolase, which is an expression of Glutamate Carboxypeptidase II (GCPII)...
- NAAG PEPTIDASE AND NEURONAL FUNCTIONJOSEPH NEALE; Fiscal Year: 2008..The influence of elevated NAAG levels in vivo, obtained by inhibition of NAAG peptidase activity, will be tested in rat brain and spinal cord and in transgenic mice expressing GLT-1-GFP and GLAST-GFP fusion proteins. ..
- EFFECTS OF SAM IN PATIENTS WITH ALCOHOLIC LIVER DISEASECharles Halsted; Fiscal Year: 2007..By confirming the relationship of abnormal methionine metabolism to clinical, biochemical, and pathologic disease severity, the study will establish a metabolic basis for determining the efficacy of SAM intervention in ALD. ..
- Lentivirus Gene Therapy for Farber Disease in NHPsJeffrey Medin; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposed study would thus be the first to fully test LV-mediatedcorrection for an LSD in a more clinically relevant model; that of NHPs. ..
- PSMA-based Gene Reporter-Probe System(RMI)Martin Pomper; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Human PSMA MAb Radioimmunotherapy for Prostate CancerDangshe Ma; Fiscal Year: 2007..Successin the Phase II project is defined as the introduction of a promising new molecularly targeted therapy into clinical testing for a currently untreatable form of advanced prostate cancer. ..
- GCPII-Based Brain Imaging AgentsMartin Pomper; Fiscal Year: 2008..effect on other transmitter systems, we have embarked upon a program to develop imaging agents for glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCPII), an enzyme within the brain that cleaves Nacetylaspartylglutamate (NAAG), to the glutamatergic ..
- Perinatal infection, cytokines and brain injuryZhengwei Cai; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- PSMA Antibody-Drug Conjugate for Prostate Cancer TherapyDangshe Ma; Fiscal Year: 2008..Success in the Phase II project is defined as demonstrating favorable preclinical safety and activity profiles to support human testing of a promising molecularly targeted therapy for HRPC. ..
- CTLA-4 Inhibition and Autoimmunity in MelanomaJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Phase I Study of ALT-801 in Metastatic Melanoma/Kidney Cancer PatientsMayer Fishman; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Chemistry and Biology of 5-HT2C Receptor Ligands for Drug AbuseALAN PAUL KOZIKOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Enhancement of methotrexate uptake in childhood ALLJohn McGuire; Fiscal Year: 2009..If successful, this research could provide a way to increase the effectiveness of methotrexate, a key drug used in treating childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia, and thus increase the cure rate in this disease. ..
- Folate in SchizophreniaDonald C Goff; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will be the first adequately-powered study to assess efficacy and identify predictors of response. ..
- Dietary Methyl Content, Epigenetics and Breast CancerJia Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..To identify the factors that determine the patterns of methylation can provide evidence for the mechanisms of the disease as well as identify at-risk populations in which appropriate diet-based intervention can be provided. ..
- Novel Human Anti-CD19 Antibodies for Lymphoma TherapyDangshe Ma; Fiscal Year: 2004..Success in the project would provide strong impetus to rapidly advance the most promising agents into development for human clinical testing. ..
- Dendritic Cell Vaccination During Lymphoid ReconstitutionJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2008..Toxicity as well as clinical response will be secondary endpoints. The cohort with the optimal level of immune response will be taken forward in future studies. ..
- PSMA-based PET Ligands for Prostate Cancer ImagingMartin Pomper; Fiscal Year: 2007..Those probes are based on our initial success in synthesizing inhibitors of glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCPII, a.k.a...
- BIOLOGICAL STUDIES OF PIPERIDINE ANALOGS OF COCAINEAlan Kozikowski; Fiscal Year: 2001..4. For compounds meeting set criteria, to further evaluate their behavioral pharmacological profile in animals using intravenous drug self-administration and drug discrimination procedures. ..
- SERINE PROTEASES IN PROSTATE CANCER METASTASISPeter Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2002..4) Characterize the role of prostate and TMPRSS2 in prostate cancer bone metastasis using in vitro and in vivo systems. ..
- IN VITRO/IN VIVO ACTIVATED DENDRITIC CELLS FOR MELANOMAJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- HPV DNA VACCINE FOR CERVICAL PRE NEOPLASIAJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2003..To insure that spontaneous regression does not account for a portion of the responses, baseline measurements will be followed one month later by a second set of assessments prior to the start of the vaccine. ..
- IL-12 as an Adjuvant for a Melanoma Peptide VaccineJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of those assays will be used to design randomized phase III trials for resected high risk melanoma and to develop strategies for overcoming antigen-specific unresponsiveness in melanoma patients. ..
- CHEMICAL AND PHARMACOLOGICAL STUDIES OF COCAINE ANALOGSAlan Kozikowski; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- DESIGN OF LIGANDS SELECTIVE FOR THE DAG SUPERFAMILYAlan Kozikowski; Fiscal Year: 2002..To assess the effect of alterations in the ligand's hydrophobic side chain on its tumor promoting activity, studies of skin hyperplasia will be conducted. ..
- GENETICS OF PROSTATE CANCER SUSCEPTIBILITYPeter Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2005..The resulting data will provide information about the type and distribution of mutations in high-risk families as well as provide useful information for understanding genetic heterogeneity of prostate cancer. ..
- Micro RNA Expression and CancerThomas Schmittgen; Fiscal Year: 2005..Assays developed with this research may help to identify the function of a new class of genes in humans. ..
- PSMA-based SPECT Tracers for Prostate Cancer ImagingMartin Pomper; Fiscal Year: 2007..Those probes are based on our initial success in synthesizing inhibitors of glutamate carboxypeptidase II (GCPII, a.k.a...
- Perinatal hypoxia-ischemia, glutamate receptors, and Nitric Oxide SynthaseZhengwei Cai; Fiscal Year: 2007..Direct effects of inflammatory cytokines and IGF-1 on survival and differentiation of OLs will be examined in cultures of OLs at various maturation stages. ..
- Imaging Serotonergic Transmission in HIV DepressionMartin Pomper; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Real-time PCR expression profiling of microRNAThomas Schmittgen; Fiscal Year: 2006..The unparallel sensitivity and specificity of real-time PCR as applied to this new and exciting class of regulatory RNAs should propel the field into new directions not only in cancer but in other areas of human health. ..
- Androgen Signaling in Neoplastic Prostate GrowthPeter Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- PKC Modulators for the Treatment of Alzheimer's diseaseAlan Kozikowski; Fiscal Year: 2008..For the best compounds from Aim 2, perform studies in triple transgenic mice to ascertain effects on Abeta and sAPPalpha levels and plaque formation in vivo. ..
- CNS METABOLIC CORRELATES OF HIV DEMENTIA BY MRS IMAGINGMartin Pomper; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Development of a Urological CD Cell Typing SystemPeter Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will involve the evaluation of in vitro growth characteristics, cellular gene expression, organ topography, inter-species conservation, and transgenic animal models. ..
- Radioimmunotherapy for Prostate CancerMichael Morris; Fiscal Year: 2007..The acquisition of these skills combined with the completion of the research plan will allow the candidate to pursue such research independently. ..
- TRANSCRIPTOME ANALYSIS IN NORMAL AND NEOPLASTIC PROSTATEPeter Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2002..The accomplishment of these aims will provide a genomics-based resource that defines cell type specific gene expression profiles associated with stages of normal development and neoplastic prostate growth. ..
- MOLECULAR ALTERATIONS IN PROSTATE CANCER PROGRESSIONPeter Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2002..3) Compile and evaluate a panel of cancer-phenotype associated products for prognostic relevance. ..
- FOLYLPOLYGLUTAMATE SYNTHETASE IN CANCER CHEMOTHERAPYJohn McGuire; Fiscal Year: 2003..This may explain why high-level resistance to pulse MTX can occur in the absence of a large decrease in total FPGS activity or a rise in glutamyl hydrolase activity. ..
- Enhancement of Gene Therapy Outcomes for Fabry DiseaseJeffrey Medin; Fiscal Year: 2004..Hypothesis: Co-overexpression of the prosaposin gene, a protein co-factor for the a-gal A enzyme, leads to higher catalytic activity in genetically corrected cells than overexpression of a-gal A alone. ..
- Chemistry and Pharmacology of a New Nicotine LigandsAlan Kozikowski; Fiscal Year: 2007..Functional activity will be evaluated using established 86RbC1 efflux assays and/or whole cell patch clamp measurements. ..
- GENE-ENVIRONMENT INTERACTION AND COLON CARCINOGENESISJia Chen; Fiscal Year: 2002....