Genomes and Genes
Summary: A serine endopeptidase secreted by the pancreas as its zymogen, CHYMOTRYPSINOGEN and carried in the pancreatic juice to the duodenum where it is activated by TRYPSIN. It selectively cleaves aromatic amino acids on the carboxyl side.
Publications308 found, 100 shown here
- Isolation, expression and characterization of a novel dual serine protease inhibitor, OH-TCI, from king cobra venomYing Ying He
Kunming Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Kunming, Yunnan 650223, China
Peptides 29:1692-9. 2008..A novel dual Kunitz/BPTI serine proteinase inhibitor named OH-TCI (trypsin- and chymotrypsin-dual inhibitor from Ophiophagus hannah) was isolated from king cobra venom by three chromatographic steps of ..
- Importance of the different proteolytic sites of the proteasome and the efficacy of inhibitors varies with the protein substrateAlexei F Kisselev
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 281:8582-90. 2006..Nevertheless, it is widely assumed that inhibition of the chymotrypsin-like site, the primary target of the proteasome inhibitors used in research and cancer therapy, reflects the ..
- Carfilzomib can induce tumor cell death through selective inhibition of the chymotrypsin-like activity of the proteasomeFrancesco Parlati
Department of Research, Proteolix Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Blood 114:3439-47. 2009Carfilzomib is a proteasome inhibitor in clinical development that primarily targets the chymotrypsin-like (CT-L) subunits in both the constitutive proteasome (c20S) and the immunoproteasome (i20S)...
- Cyanopeptolin 963A, a chymotrypsin inhibitor of Microcystis PCC 7806Bojan Bister
Limnological Station, Institute of Plant Biology, University of Zurich, Seestrasse 187, 8802 Kilchberg, Switzerland
J Nat Prod 67:1755-7. 2004..Compound 1 displayed inhibitory activity against chymotrypsin with an IC50 value of 0.9 microM.
- The arterivirus Nsp2 protease. An unusual cysteine protease with primary structure similarities to both papain-like and chymotrypsin-like proteasesE J Snijder
Department of Virology, Faculty of Medicine, Leiden University, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 270:16671-6. 1995..A papain-like Cys protease in Nsp1 and a chymotrypsin-like Ser protease in Nsp4 are involved in this process...
- Molecular mechanisms of tolerance to cyanobacterial protease inhibitors revealed by clonal differences in Daphnia magnaAnke Schwarzenberger
Zoological Institute, Cologne Biocentre, University of Cologne, Zuelpicher Str 47b, 50674, Cologne, Germany
Mol Ecol 21:4898-911. 2012..Based on these findings, it is reasonable to assume that such genetic variability can also be found in natural populations and thus constitutes the basis for local adaptation of natural populations to dietary protease inhibitors...
- Functional peptidomics of amphibian skin secretion: A novel Kunitz-type chymotrypsin inhibitor from the African hyperoliid frog, Kassina senegalensisHui Wang
Natural Drug Discovery group, School of Pharmacy, Queen s University, Belfast BT9 7BL, Northern Ireland, UK
Biochimie 94:891-9. 2012..Here we report for the first time, the isolation and structural characterisation of an inhibitor of chymotrypsin of Kunitz-type from the skin secretion of the African hyperoliid frog, Kassina senegalensis...
- A mutation of the epithelial sodium channel associated with atypical cystic fibrosis increases channel open probability and reduces Na+ self inhibitionRobert Rauh
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Germany
J Physiol 588:1211-25. 2010..probability (P(o)) of the mutant channel is increased, we investigated the proteolytic activation of ENaC by chymotrypsin. Single-channel recordings revealed that chymotrypsin activated near-silent channels in outside-out membrane ..
- Chymotrypsin C (CTRC) variants that diminish activity or secretion are associated with chronic pancreatitisJonas Rosendahl
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Leipzig, Philipp Rosenthal Strasse 27, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Nat Genet 40:78-82. 2008..Here we have analyzed the gene encoding the trypsin-degrading enzyme chymotrypsin C (CTRC) in German subjects with idiopathic or hereditary chronic pancreatitis. Two alterations in this gene, p...
- Picornaviral 3C cysteine proteinases have a fold similar to chymotrypsin-like serine proteinasesM Allaire
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Nature 369:72-6. 1994..The overall architecture of HAV-3C reveals a fold resembling that of the chymotrypsin family of serine proteinases, which is consistent with earlier predictions...
- A novel erythrocyte binding antigen-175 paralogue from Plasmodium falciparum defines a new trypsin-resistant receptor on human erythrocytesTim Wolf Gilberger
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne 3050, Australia
J Biol Chem 278:14480-6. 2003..of EBA-181 to erythrocytes differs from other members of the ebl family and is trypsin-resistant and chymotrypsin-sensitive...
- An engineered chymotrypsin/cathepsin G site in domain I renders Bacillus thuringiensis Cry3A active against Western corn rootworm larvaeFrederick S Walters
Syngenta Biotechnology, Inc, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2257, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:367-74. 2008..Modification of Cry3A so that it contained a chymotrypsin/cathepsin G protease recognition site in the loop between alpha-helix 3 and alpha-helix 4 of domain I, however, ..
- The active sites of the eukaryotic 20 S proteasome and their involvement in subunit precursor processingW Heinemeyer
Institut für Biochemie der Universität Stuttgart, Pfaffenwaldring 55, D 70569 Stuttgart, Federal Republic of Germany
J Biol Chem 272:25200-9. 1997..peptidolytic activities as follows: Pre3 for post-glutamyl hydrolyzing, Pup1 for trypsin-like, and Pre2 for chymotrypsin-like activity. Double mutants harboring only trypsin-like or chymotrypsin-like activity were viable...
- A spider (Araneus ventricosus) chymotrypsin inhibitor that acts as an elastase inhibitor and a microbial serine protease inhibitorHu Wan
Department of Plant Protection, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, PR China
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 165:36-41. 2013..activity and potassium channel blocking activity, but thus far, no additional roles for spider-derived chymotrypsin inhibitors have been elucidated...
- Partial characterization of deltamethrin metabolism catalyzed by chymotrypsinQinggui Yang
Department of Pathogen Biology, Key Laboratory of Modern Pathogen Biology, Nanjing Medical University, 140 Hanzhong Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, PR China
Toxicol In Vitro 22:1528-33. 2008..96-24.80 microM) of deltamethrin with alpha-chymotrypsin from bovine pancreas. The retention times of crude products of deltamethrin metabolic reactions were 37...
- Increased expression of the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway in murine myotubes by proteolysis-inducing factor (PIF) is associated with activation of the transcription factor NF-kappaBA S Whitehouse
Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Institute, Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
Br J Cancer 89:1116-22. 2003..was attenuated by the specific proteasome inhibitor lactacystin and there was an elevation of proteasome 'chymotrypsin-like' enzyme activity and expression of 20S proteasome alpha-subunits at concentrations of PIF between 2 and 16 ..
- Analysis of the black-eyed pea trypsin and chymotrypsin inhibitor-alpha-chymotrypsin complexS M de Freitas
Department of Cellular Biology, University of Brasilia, DF, Brazil
FEBS Lett 409:121-7. 1997The black-eyed pea trypsin and chymotrypsin inhibitor (BTCI) is a member of the Bowman-Birk protease inhibitor (BBI) family...
- The arterivirus nsp4 protease is the prototype of a novel group of chymotrypsin-like enzymes, the 3C-like serine proteasesE J Snijder
Department of Virology, Institute of Medical Microbiology, Leiden University, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 271:4864-71. 1996..analysis suggested that nonstructural protein 4 (Nsp4) is a serine protease (SP) that shares properties with chymotrypsin-like enzymes belonging to two different groups...
- Lung injury-dependent oxidative status and chymotrypsin-like activity of skeletal muscles in hamsters with experimental emphysemaJair Tonon
Laboratory of Free Radicals and Pathophysiology, Department of General Pathology, Londrina, Brazil
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:39. 2013..Oxidative stress have been demonstrated to participate on skeletal muscle loss of several states, including disuse atrophy, mechanical ventilation, and chronic diseases. No evidences have demonstrated the occurance in a severity manner...
- A trypsin and chymotrypsin inhibitor from Caesalpinia bonduc seeds: isolation, partial characterization and insecticidal propertiesArindam Bhattacharyya
Department of Botany, University of Delhi, Delhi 110 007, India
Plant Physiol Biochem 45:169-77. 2007..A 1:1 stoichiometric ratio was noted during CbTI-2-trypsin complex formation, which was absent on binding with chymotrypsin. Further, SDS-PAGE analysis also showed that CbTI-1 has affinity only towards chymotrypsin, whereas both ..
- Activity and stability of α-chymotrypsin in biocompatible ionic liquids: enzyme refolding by triethyl ammonium acetatePankaj Attri
Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi, Delhi 110 007, India
Phys Chem Chem Phys 13:2788-96. 2011..We have therefore explored the stability and activity of α-chymotrypsin (CT) in the presence of five ILs from different families, such as triethyl ammonium acetate (TEAA), triethyl ..
- Moisture-induced solid state instabilities in alpha-chymotrypsin and their reduction through chemical glycosylationGiselle M Flores-Fernández
Department of Chemistry, University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus, PO Box 23346, San Juan 00931 3346, Puerto Rico
BMC Biotechnol 10:57. 2010..Herein, we employed chemical glycosylation to stabilize a solid-state protein formulation against moisture-induced deterioration in the lyophilized state...
- PEGylated amyloid peptide nanocontainer delivery and release systemV Castelletto
Department of Chemistry, University of Reading, Whiteknights, Reading RG6 6AD, UK
Langmuir 26:11624-7. 2010..In the model peptide-PEG hybrid system studied, enzymatic degradation using alpha-chymotrypsin leads to selective cleavage close to the PEG-peptide linkage, break up of the micelles, and release of peptides ..
- Chymotrypsin-like peptidases from Tribolium castaneum: a role in molting revealed by RNA interferenceGunnar Broehan
Department of Biology Chemistry, Division of Animal Physiology, University of Osnabruck, Barbarastr 11, 49069 Osnabruck, Germany
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 40:274-83. 2010b>Chymotrypsin-like peptidases (CTLPs) of insects are primarily secreted into the gut lumen where they act as digestive enzymes. We studied the gene family encoding CTLPs in the genome of the red flour beetle, Tribolium castaneum...
- Plasmin and chymotrypsin have distinct preferences for channel activating cleavage sites in the γ subunit of the human epithelial sodium channelSilke Haerteis
Institut fur Zellulare und Molekulare Physiologie, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Gen Physiol 140:375-89. 2012..cleavage sites in this region that are functionally important for activation of human ENaC by plasmin and chymotrypsin. Sequence alignment revealed a putative plasmin cleavage site in human γENaC (K189) that corresponds to a ..
- Structure and cleavage specificity of the chymotrypsin-like serine protease (3CLSP/nsp4) of Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome Virus (PRRSV)Xinsheng Tian
CAS Key Laboratory of Pathogenic Microbiology and Immunology, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
J Mol Biol 392:977-93. 2009..Thus, we provide structural evidence as well as enzymatic proof of the nsp4 protein being a functional 3CLSP. We also show that the enzyme has a strong preference for glutamic acid at the P1 position of the substrate...
- A hemocyte-derived Kunitz-BPTI-type chymotrypsin inhibitor, HlChI, from the ixodid tick Haemaphysalis longicornis, plays regulatory functions in tick blood-feeding processesM Abdul Alim
Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases, National Institute of Animal Health, National Agricultural and Food Research Organization, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0856, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 42:925-34. 2012..Here, we describe a cDNA that encodes a functionally active chymotrypsin inhibitor of the BPTI/Kunitz family of serine protease inhibitors from the hemocytes of the ixodid tick, ..
- The chymotrypsin-like protease complex of Treponema denticola ATCC 35405 mediates fibrinogen adherence and degradationCaroline V Bamford
Department of Oral and Dental Science, University of Bristol, Lower Maudlin St, Bristol BS1 2LY, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 75:4364-72. 2007..The native 100-kDa polypeptide complex was identified as chymotrypsin-like protease (CTLP), or dentilisin...
- Role of endogenous cathepsin D-like and chymotrypsin-like proteolysis in human epidermal desquamationT Horikoshi
Basic Research Laboratory, Kanebo Ltd, 5 3 28, Kotobuki cho, Odawara, Kanagawa 250 0002, Japan
Br J Dermatol 141:453-9. 1999..of proteinase inhibitors, whose specificity suggested that the crucial enzymatic activity at pH 8 was a chymotrypsin-like serine proteinase, while a similar activity at pH 5 was accompanied by an aspartic proteinase activity of ..
- Effect of trypsin inhibitor from Crotalaria pallida seeds on Callosobruchus maculatus (cowpea weevil) and Ceratitis capitata (fruit fly)Carlos E M Gomes
Laboratório de Química e Função de Proteínas Bioativas, Departamento de Bioquimica, Centro de Biociencias, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, RN, Brazil
Plant Physiol Biochem 43:1095-102. 2005..CpaTI was also stable from pH 2 to 12 at 37 degrees C. CpaTI weakly inhibited chymotrypsin and elastase and its inhibition of papain, a cysteine proteinase, were indicative of its bi-functionality...
- Carfilzomib-dependent selective inhibition of the chymotrypsin-like activity of the proteasome leads to antitumor activity in Waldenstrom's MacroglobulinemiaAntonio Sacco
Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:1753-64. 2011..It has been demonstrated that selective inhibition of the chymotrypsin-like (CT-L) activity of constitutive-(c20S) and immuno-(i20S) proteasome represents a valid strategy to induce ..
- Proteasome-mediated degradation of tau proteins occurs independently of the chymotrypsin-like activity by a nonprocessive pathwayChristopher Cardozo
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1 Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 408:103-10. 2002..and glutamyl activities almost completely blocked tau degradation, while inhibitors active toward the chymotrypsin-like activity had minimal effects on degradation of tau and intermediates derived from it...
- Purification, biochemical and molecular analysis of a chymotrypsin protease with prophenoloxidase suppression activity from the entomopathogenic nematode Steinernema carpocapsaeNatesan Balasubramanian
CIRN and Department of Biology, University of Azores, Azores, Portugal
Int J Parasitol 39:975-84. 2009A chymotrypsin serine protease (designated Sc-CHYM) was purified by gel filtration and anion-exchange chromatography from excretory-secretory products of parasitic stage Steinernema carpocapsae...
- Superactivity and conformational changes on alpha-chymotrypsin upon interfacial binding to cationic micellesM Soledad Celej
Departamento de Química Biológica CIQUIBIC, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Cordoba, Argentina
Biochem J 378:1059-66. 2004The catalytic behaviour of alpha-CT (alpha-chymotrypsin) is affected by cationic micelles of CTABr (hexadecyltrimethylammonium bromide)...
- Identification of six chymotrypsin cDNAs from larval midguts of Helicoverpa zea and Agrotis ipsilon feeding on the soybean (Kunitz) trypsin inhibitorS Mazumdar-Leighton
Department of Entomology, Cornell University, New York State Agricultural Experiment Station, Geneva, NY 14456, USA
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 31:633-44. 2001..Northern blots showed that some chymotrypsin mRNA were detected at higher levels while others were down-regulated when comparing insects reared on 0% STI ..
- The delta-subunit of the epithelial sodium channel (ENaC) enhances channel activity and alters proteolytic ENaC activationSilke Haerteis
Institut fur Zellulare und Molekulare Physiologie, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Biol Chem 284:29024-40. 2009..Experiments exploiting the properties of the known betaS520C mutant ENaC confirmed this conclusion. Moreover, chymotrypsin had a reduced stimulatory effect on deltabetagamma-hENaC whole-cell currents compared with its effect on ..
- Chymotrypsinogen: 2.5-angstrom crystal structure, comparison with alpha-chymotrypsin, and implications for zymogen activationS T Freer
Biochemistry 9:1997-2009. 1970
- Structure of coronavirus main proteinase reveals combination of a chymotrypsin fold with an extra alpha-helical domainKanchan Anand
Department of Structural Biology and Crystallography, Institute of Molecular Biotechnology, D 07745 Jena, Germany
EMBO J 21:3213-24. 2002..The active site, comprised of Cys144 and His41, is part of a chymotrypsin-like fold that is connected by a 16 residue loop to an extra domain featuring a novel alpha-helical fold...
- Susceptibility of amyloid beta peptide degrading enzymes to oxidative damage: a potential Alzheimer's disease spiralHeather Shinall
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry and the Center for Structural Biology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
Biochemistry 44:15345-50. 2005..Since IDE and NEP play a prominent role in the clearance of amyloid beta peptides, their oxidative inactivation and enhanced proteolysis can contribute to the onset and/or progression of Alzheimer's disease...
- Structure and function of enzymes adsorbed onto single-walled carbon nanotubesSandeep S Karajanagi
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York 12180, USA
Langmuir 20:11594-9. 2004We have examined the structure and function of two enzymes, alpha-chymotrypsin (CT) and soybean peroxidase (SBP), adsorbed onto single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWNTs)...
- Crystal structures of bovine chymotrypsin and trypsin complexed to the inhibitor domain of Alzheimer's amyloid beta-protein precursor (APPI) and basic pancreatic trypsin inhibitor (BPTI): engineering of inhibitors with altered specificitiesA J Scheidig
Protein Engineering Department, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Protein Sci 6:1806-24. 1997..structures of the inhibitor domain of Alzheimer's amyloid beta-protein precursor (APPI) complexed to bovine chymotrypsin (C-APPI) and trypsin (T-APPI) and basic pancreatic trypsin inhibitor (BPTI) bound to chymotrypsin (C-BPTI) have ..
- Taiwan cobra chymotrypsin inhibitor: cloning, functional expression and gene organizationYun Ching Cheng
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, National Sun Yat Sen University, Kaohsiung 804, Taiwan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1747:213-20. 2005A cDNA encoding chymotrypsin inhibitor was constructed from the cellular RNA isolated from the venom glands of Naja atra (Taiwan cobra)...
- Antimicrobial activity studies on a trypsin-chymotrypsin protease inhibitor obtained from potatoJin Young Kim
Research Center for Proteineous Materials RCPM, Chosun University, 375 Seosuk dong, Dong Ku, Kwangju 501 759, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 330:921-7. 2005A 5.6 kDa trypsin-chymotrypsin protease inhibitor was isolated from the tubers of the potato (Solanum tuberosum L cv...
- Largamides A-H, unusual cyclic peptides from the marine cyanobacterium Oscillatoria spAlberto Plaza
Laboratory of Bioorganic Chemistry, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 0820, USA
J Org Chem 71:6898-907. 2006..Largamides D-G (4-7) inhibited chymotrypsin with IC(50) values ranging between 4 and 25 microM.
- Active-site gating regulates substrate selectivity in a chymotrypsin-like serine protease the structure of haemophilus influenzae immunoglobulin A1 proteaseTroy A Johnson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
J Mol Biol 389:559-74. 2009..The N-terminal domain of the IgAP is found to possess a chymotrypsin-like fold...
- Cyanopeptolin 954, a chlorine-containing chymotrypsin inhibitor of Microcystis aeruginosa NIVA Cya 43Eric von Elert
Limnological Institute, University of Konstanz, 78457 Konstanz, Germany
J Nat Prod 68:1324-7. 2005..Cyanopeptolin 954 inhibited chymotrypsin with an IC50 value of 45 nM...
- Phenotypic variation of Plasmodium falciparum merozoite proteins directs receptor targeting for invasion of human erythrocytesManoj T Duraisingh
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne 3050, Plant Cell Biology Research Centre, School of Botany, University of Melbourne 3010, Australia
EMBO J 22:1047-57. 2003..Phenotypic variation of the PfRh protein family allows P. falciparum to exploit different patterns of receptors on the erythrocyte surface and thereby respond to polymorphisms in erythrocyte receptors and to evade the host immune system...
- Purification, characterization and primary structure of a chymotrypsin inhibitor from Naja atra venomXing Ding Zhou
Department of Toxinology, Kunming Institute of Zoology, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, 650223 Kunming, Yunnan, PR China
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 137:219-24. 2004A chymotrypsin inhibitor, designated NA-CI, was isolated from the venom of the Chinese cobra Naja atra by three-step chromatography. It inhibited bovine alpha-chymotrypsin with a Ki of 25 nM...
- Structural determinants of the half-life and cleavage site preference in the autolytic inactivation of chymotrypsinA Bodi
Department of Biochemistry, Eotvos Lorand University, Pázmány sétány 1 C, Budapest, Hungary
Eur J Biochem 268:6238-46. 2001The molecular mechanism of the autolysis of rat alpha-chymotrypsin B was investigated. In addition to the two already known autolytic sites, Tyr146 and Asn147, a new site formed by Phe114 was identified...
- Effect of crowding by dextrans on the hydrolysis of N-Succinyl-L-phenyl-Ala-p-nitroanilide catalyzed by α-chymotrypsinIsabel Pastor
Department of Physical Chemistry, University of Barcelona UB, Barcelona, Spain
J Phys Chem B 115:1115-21. 2011..on the reaction rates of the hydrolysis of N-succinyl-L-phenyl-Ala-p-nitroanilide catalyzed by α-chymotrypsin, by adding dextrans of various molecular weights to the reaction solutions...
- Modulation of the catalytic behavior of alpha-chymotrypsin at monolayer-protected nanoparticle surfacesChang Cheng You
Department of Chemistry, University of Massachusetts, 710 North Pleasant Street, Amherst, Massachusetts 01003, USA
J Am Chem Soc 128:14612-8. 2006Amino-acid-functionalized gold clusters modulate the catalytic behavior of alpha-chymotrypsin (ChT) toward cationic, neutral, and anionic substrates...
- An electrophoretic method for the detection of chymotrypsin and trypsin activity directly in whole bloodRoy B Lefkowitz
Department of Bioengineering, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0448, USA
Electrophoresis 31:403-10. 2010..Two peptide substrates have been developed for pancreatic alpha-chymotrypsin and trypsin...
- Degradation of eschar from venous leg ulcers using a recombinant chymotrypsin from Lucilia sericataG Telford
Immune Modulation Research Group, School of Pharmacy, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2RD, U K
Br J Dermatol 163:523-31. 2010..Previous publications have shown that secretions from L. sericata contain a number of proteolytic activities including a chymotrypsin that degrades a number of extracellular matrix components such as fibronectin, laminin and collagen.
- The Treponema denticola chymotrypsin-like protease dentilisin induces matrix metalloproteinase-2-dependent fibronectin fragmentation in periodontal ligament cellsDi Miao
Department of Periodontics and Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, 1011 N University Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
Infect Immun 79:806-11. 2011..These results suggest a specific mechanism by which the T. denticola protease may disrupt homeostatic processes required for the maintenance of periodontal health...
- Effect of the covalent modification with poly(ethylene glycol) on alpha-chymotrypsin stability upon encapsulation in poly(lactic-co-glycolic) microspheresIngrid J Castellanos
Department of Chemistry, University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus, P O Box 23346, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00931 3346
J Pharm Sci 94:327-40. 2005The effectiveness of the covalent modification of alpha-chymotrypsin with methoxy poly(ethylene glycol) (PEG) to afford its stabilization during encapsulation in poly(lactic-co-glycolic) acid (PLGA) microspheres by a solid-in-oil-in-water ..
- Enzymatic activity and thermal stability of PEG-alpha-chymotrypsin conjugatesJosé A Rodríguez-Martínez
Department of Chemistry, University of Puerto Rico Rio Piedras, PO Box 23346, San Juan, PR 00931 3346
Biotechnol Lett 31:883-7. 2009Alpha-chymotrypsin was chemically modified with methoxypoly(ethylene glycol) (PEG) of different molecular weights (700, 2,000, and 5,000 Da) and the amount of polymer attached to the enzyme was varied systematically from 1 to 9 PEG ..
- Cloning and expression analysis of midgut chymotrypsin-like proteinases in the tobacco hornwormGunnar Broehan
Department of Biology Chemistry, University of Osnabruck, D 49069 Osnabruck, Germany
J Insect Physiol 54:1243-52. 2008Digestion of proteins in the midgut of lepidopteran larvae relies on different trypsin and chymotrypsin isoforms...
- Structure-oriented rational design of chymotrypsin inhibitor modelsZoltan Mucsi
Department of Organic Chemistry, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Eotvos Lorand University, Pazmany Peter setany 1 A, H 1117 Budapest, Hungary
Protein Eng 16:673-81. 2003Three peptides modelling a highly potent, 35-residue chymotrypsin inhibitor (Schistocerca gregaria chymotrypsin inhibitor) were designed and synthesized by convergent peptide synthesis...
- Baicalin and scutellarin are proteasome inhibitors that specifically target chymotrypsin-like catalytic activityYi Xin Wu
Department of Biochemistry, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Phytother Res 27:1362-7. 2013..substrates for proteasome catalytic subunits, we found that baicalin and scutellarin specifically inhibited chymotrypsin-like activity but did not inhibit trypsin-like and peptidyl-glutamyl peptide hydrolyzing activities...
- Assessment of circulating proteasome chymotrypsin-like activity in plasma of patients with acute and chronic leukemiasHalina Ostrowska
Department of Biology, Medical University of Bialystok, Kilinskiego 1, 15 089 Bialystok, Poland
Clin Biochem 41:1377-83. 2008We evaluated whether the proteasomal chymotrypsin-like (ChT-L) activity is increased in plasma of patients with acute lymphoblastic (ALL), acute myeloblastic (AML) and chronic lymphocytic (CLL) leukemias.
- Chymotrypsin genes in the malaria mosquitoes Anopheles aquasalis and Anopheles darlingiR W de Almeida
Instituto de Biologia, Departamento de Genetica, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 33:307-15. 2003Four closely related chymotrypsin genes were identified in Anopheles aquasalis and Anopheles darlingi (Anachy1, Anachy2, Andchy1 and Andchy2). The deduced amino-acid sequences were compared to other chymotrypsin sequences...
- Increased activation of hereditary pancreatitis-associated human cationic trypsinogen mutants in presence of chymotrypsin CAndras Szabo
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Henry M Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 287:20701-10. 2012..Autoactivation of cationic trypsinogen is proteolytically regulated by chymotrypsin C (CTRC), which mitigates the development of trypsin activity by promoting degradation of both trypsinogen and ..
- Cloning and characterization of trypsin- and chymotrypsin-like genes in the striped rice stem borer, Chilo suppressalisZhao Yu Ge
The Key Laboratory of Monitoring and Management of Plant Diseases and Insects, Ministry of Agriculture, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, China
Genome 55:281-8. 2012..In this paper, 11 transcripts encoding trypsin- and chymotrypsin-like proteins were cloned from the striped rice stem borer, Chilo suppressalis (Walker)...
- Activation of alpha chymotrypsin by three phase partitioning is accompanied by aggregationGulam Mohmad Rather
Chemistry Department, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi, India
PLoS ONE 7:e49241. 2012Precipitation of alpha chymotrypsin in the simultaneous presence of ammonium sulphate and t-butanol (three phase partitioning) resulted in preparations which showed self aggregation of the enzyme molecules...
- Characterization of two deletions of the CTRC locusEmmanuelle Masson
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, U1078, Brest, France
Mol Genet Metab 109:296-300. 2013..The CTRC-deleting complex rearrangement probably resulted from LINE-1-mediated Alu insertion, which represents a novel mutational mechanism causing chronic pancreatitis...
- Symplocamide A, a potent cytotoxin and chymotrypsin inhibitor from the marine Cyanobacterium Symploca spRoger G Linington
Center for Marine Biotechnology and Biomedicine, Scripps Institution of Oceanography and Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Nat Prod 71:22-7. 2008..1), a potent cancer cell cytotoxin, which also inhibits serine proteases with a 200-fold greater inhibition of chymotrypsin over trypsin...
- Adsorption induced enzyme denaturation: the role of polymer hydrophobicity in adsorption and denaturation of alpha-chymotrypsin on allyl glycidyl ether (AGE)-ethylene glycol dimethacrylate (EGDM) copolymersChalla Lahari
Biotransformations Laboratory, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Uppal Road, Hyderabad 500007, India
Langmuir 26:1096-106. 2010Effects of changes in hydrophobicity of polymeric support on structure and activity of alpha-chymotrypsin (E.C. 3.4.21...
- Selective inhibitor of proteasome's caspase-like sites sensitizes cells to specific inhibition of chymotrypsin-like sitesMatthew Britton
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Dartmouth Medical School, 1 Medical Center Drive, HB7936, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Chem Biol 16:1278-89. 2009..All eukaryotic proteasomes have three types of active sites: chymotrypsin-like, trypsin-like, and caspase-like...
- Preparation of highly active alpha-chymotrypsin for catalysis in organic mediaIpsita Roy
Chemistry Department, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110016, India
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 14:2191-3. 2004A simple one step process for the preparation of free alpha-chymotrypsin, using an organic solvent to precipitate the enzyme from a buffered solution, followed by washing with organic solvents, is described...
- Identification and characterization of a Bowman-Birk inhibitor active towards trypsin but not chymotrypsin in Lupinus albus seedsAlessio Scarafoni
Department of Agri Food Molecular Sciences, State University of Milan, Via G Celoria 2, 20133 Milano, Italy
Phytochemistry 69:1820-5. 2008..Inhibitory properties toward bovine trypsin and chymotrypsin, as well as its thermal and pH stabilities, have been also assessed...
- Conformational changes of alpha-chymotrypsin in a fibrillation-promoting condition: a molecular dynamics studyNasrollah Rezaei-Ghaleh
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Science, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Biophys J 95:4139-47. 2008Amyloid nanofibril formation appears to be a generic property of polypeptide chains. alpha-Chymotrypsin (aCT) was recently driven toward amyloid-like aggregation by the addition of trifluoroethanol (TFE) at intermediate concentrations...
- Chymotrypsin-like proteases contribute to human monocytic THP-1 cell as well as human microglial neurotoxicityAndis Klegeris
Kinsmen Laboratory of Neurological Research, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Glia 51:56-64. 2005..Five structurally distinct inhibitors that are known to inhibit chymotrypsin-like proteases were partially protective...
- A new approach in proteomics of wheat gluten: combining chymotrypsin cleavage and matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization quadrupole ion trap reflectron tandem mass spectrometryJiří Salplachta
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 19:2725-8. 2005
- alpha-Chymotrypsin inhibition studies on the lignans from Vitex negundo LinnMuhammad Arif Lodhi
Dr Panjwani Center for Molecular Medicine and Drug Research, University of Karachi, Karachi 75270, Pakistan
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 23:400-5. 2008..The lignans (1-8) isolated from the roots of Vitex negundo Linn. were screened against the serine proteases alpha-chymotrypsin, thrombin and prolyl endopeptidase...
- Encapsulation-induced aggregation and loss in activity of gamma-chymotrypsin and their preventionIngrid J Castellanos
Department of Chemistry, University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus, PO Box 23346, San Juan, PR 00931 3346, USA
J Control Release 81:307-19. 2002..Herein the model protein gamma-chymotrypsin has been encapsulated in poly(D,L-lactic-co-glycolic)acid (PLGA) microspheres using the solid-in-oil-in-water (..
- Cloning and characterization of chymotrypsin- and trypsin-like cDNAs from the gut of the Hessian fly [Mayetiola destructor (Say)]Yu Cheng Zhu
USDA ARS JWDSRC, PO Box 346 141 Exp Stn Rd, Stoneville, MS 38776, USA
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 35:23-32. 2005Fifteen unique cDNA clones encoding trypsin- or chymotrypsin-like proteins were cloned and characterized from a gut cDNA library derived from Hessian fly [Mayetiola destructor (Say)] larvae...
- Asparagine-linked glycosylation of human chymotrypsin C is required for folding and secretion but not for enzyme activityMelinda Bence
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Boston University Henry M Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
FEBS J 278:4338-50. 2011Human chymotrypsin C (CTRC) plays a protective role in the pancreas by mitigating premature trypsinogen activation through degradation. Mutations that abolish activity or secretion of CTRC increase the risk for chronic pancreatitis...
- Quantitative structure-activity relationships for organophosphates binding to trypsin and chymotrypsinChristopher D Ruark
Henry M Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Applied Biotechnology Branch, Wright Patterson AFB, OH 45433 5707, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 74:1-23. 2011..Here, QSAR were used to predict OP bimolecular rate constants for trypsin and α-chymotrypsin. A heuristic regression of over 500 topological/constitutional, geometric, thermodynamic, electrostatic, and ..
- A midgut-specific chymotrypsin cDNA (Slctlp1) from Spodoptera litura: cloning, characterization, localization and expression analysisQinglei Zhan
Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Biotechnology for Plant Development, School of Life Sciences, South China Normal University, Guangzhou, China
Arch Insect Biochem Physiol 76:130-43. 2011..A full-length cDNA (Slctlp1) encoding a chymotrypsin-like serine protease was cloned from Spodoptera litura and characterized for its cDNA structure, developmental ..
- In vivo and in vitro interactions of the Bombyx mori chymotrypsin inhibitor b1 with Escherichia coliNingjia He
Laboratories of Insect Genetic Resources, Faculty of Agriculture, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 68:835-40. 2004Various chymotrypsin inhibitors occur in the hemolymph of silkworm larvae. Interaction of chymotrypsin inhibitor b1 (CI-b1) with Escherichia coli was examined from the viewpoint of action against invading bacteria. Injection of dead E...
- Potential applicability of chymotrypsin-susceptible microcin J25 derivatives to food preservationMaría Fernanda Pomares
Departamento de Bioquimica de la Nutricion, Instituto Superior de Investigaciones Biológicas Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas Universidad Nacional de Tucumán, 4000 San Miguel de Tucuman, Tucuman, Argentina
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:5734-8. 2009..In the present paper, we describe a chymotrypsin-susceptible MccJ25 derivative with a mutation of Gly(12) to Tyr that retained almost full antibiotic activity ..
- Role of electrostatic interactions in 2,2,2-trifluoroethanol-induced structural changes and aggregation of alpha-chymotrypsinNasrollah Rezaei-Ghaleh
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Arch Biochem Biophys 457:160-9. 2007It has been recently demonstrated that alpha-chymotrypsin (CT) can be driven toward amyloid aggregation by addition of 2,2,2-trifluoroethanol (TFE), at intermediate concentrations...
- Structure of arterivirus nsp4. The smallest chymotrypsin-like proteinase with an alpha/beta C-terminal extension and alternate conformations of the oxyanion holeIsabelle H Barrette-Ng
Canadian Institutes for Health Research Group in Protein Structure and Function, Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2H7, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:39960-6. 2002..0 A resolution. Nsp4 adopts the smallest known chymotrypsin-like fold with a canonical catalytic triad of Ser-120, His-39, and Asp-65, as well as a novel alpha/beta C-..
- Chemical constituents of Cichorium intybus and their inhibitory effects against urease and alpha-chymotrypsin enzymesSumayya Saied
Department of Chemistry, University of Karachi, Karachi 75270, Pakistan
Nat Prod Commun 6:1117-20. 2011..Compounds 4-6 and 8 are reported for the first time from C. intybus. Compounds 2 and 3 showed weak inhibitory activities against urease and alpha-chymotrypsin enzymes, respectively.
- Crystal structures of five bovine chymotrypsin complexes with P1 BPTI variantsHonorata Czapinska
Laboratory of Protein Engineering, Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Wroclaw, Tamka 2, 50 137 Wroclaw, Poland
J Mol Biol 344:1005-20. 2004The bovine chymotrypsin-bovine pancreatic trypsin inhibitor (BPTI) interaction belongs to extensively studied models of protein-protein recognition...
- Properties and secretory mechanism of Musca domestica digestive chymotrypsin and its relation with Drosophila melanogaster homologsFabio K Tamaki
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, C P 26077, 05513 970 Sao Paulo, Brazil
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 42:482-90. 2012..In-gel activity revealed a unique band against S-AAPF-MCA with the same migration as purified chymotrypsin. One chymotrypsinogen-like sequence (MdChy1) was sequenced, cloned and recombinantly expressed in Escherichia ..
- Modulation of the chymotrypsin-like activity of the 20S proteasome by intracellular redox status: effects of glutathione peroxidase-1 overexpression and antioxidant drugsCarole Kretz-remy
Stress Oxydant, Chaperon et Apoptose, CNRS UMR 5534, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon I, 16 rue Dubois, F 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
Biol Chem 384:589-95. 2003..an increased proteolytic activity toward oxidized polypeptides and the suc-LLVY-MCA peptide specific for its chymotrypsin-like activity...
- Pro- and anti-apoptotic effects of an inhibitor of chymotrypsin-like serine proteasesMalcolm A King
Department of Clinical Immunology, Pacific Medicine Laboratory Services, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, Australia
Cell Cycle 3:1566-71. 2004The irreversible inhibitor of chymotrypsin-like serine proteases, N-tosyl-L-phenylalanine chloromethylketone (TPCK), was shown to prevent internucleosomal DNA cleavage caused by inducers of apoptosis...
- Fluorescence and CD spectroscopic analysis of the alpha-chymotrypsin stabilization by the ionic liquid, 1-ethyl-3-methylimidazolium bis[(trifluoromethyl)sulfonyl]amideTeresa De Diego
Departamento de Bioquímica y Biología Molecular B e Inmunología, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad de Murcia, PO Box 4021, E 30100 Murcia, Spain
Biotechnol Bioeng 88:916-24. 2004The stability of alpha-chymotrypsin in the ionic liquid, 1-ethyl-3-methyl-imidizolium bis[(trifluoromethyl)sulfonyl]amide ([emim][NTf2]), was studied at 30 and 50 degrees C and compared with the stability in other liquid media, such as ..
- Chymotrypsin C (caldecrin) promotes degradation of human cationic trypsin: identity with Rinderknecht's enzyme YRichard Szmola
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston University, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:11227-32. 2007..Here we report that degradation of human cationic trypsin is triggered by chymotrypsin C, which selectively cleaves the Leu(81)-Glu(82) peptide bond within the Ca(2+) binding loop...
- Detection of native peptides as potent inhibitors of enzymes. Crystal structure of the complex formed between treated bovine alpha-chymotrypsin and an autocatalytically produced fragment, IIe-Val-Asn-Gly-Glu-Glu-Ala-Val-Pro-Gly-Ser-Trp-Pro-Trp, at 2.2 angNagendra Singh
Department of Biophysics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110 029, India
FEBS J 272:562-72. 2005b>Chymotrypsin is a prominent member of the family of serine proteases...
- Insect chymotrypsins: chloromethyl ketone inactivation and substrate specificity relative to possible coevolutional adaptation of insects and plantsAdriana R Lopes
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Arch Insect Biochem Physiol 70:188-203. 2009..using different colorimetric and fluorescent substrates indicated that insect chymotrypsins differ from bovine chymotrypsin in their primary specificity toward small substrates (like N-benzoyl-L-Tyr p-nitroanilide) rather than on their ..
- Anti-elastolytic activity of a honeybee (Apis cerana) chymotrypsin inhibitorBo Yeon Kim
College of Natural Resources and Life Science, Dong A University, Busan 604 714, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 430:144-9. 2013The honeybee is an important insect species in global ecology, agriculture, and alternative medicine. While chymotrypsin and trypsin inhibitors from bees show activity against cathepsin G and plasmin, respectively, no anti-elastolytic ..
- The molecular structure of the complex of Ascaris chymotrypsin/elastase inhibitor with porcine elastaseK Huang
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Structure 2:679-89. 1994..Eight different proteins from Ascaris suum have been identified as inhibitors of serine proteinases, targeting chymotrypsin, elastase and trypsin...
- A trypsin-chymotrypsin inhibitor with antiproliferative activity from small glossy black soybeansXiujuan Ye
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong, China
Planta Med 75:550-6. 2009..It was adsorbed on all three ion exchangers. It inhibited trypsin with an IC(50) of 19 microM and chymotrypsin with an IC(50) of 14.3 microM...
- Effect of the molecular weight of poly(ethylene glycol) used as emulsifier on alpha-chymotrypsin stability upon encapsulation in PLGA microspheresIngrid J Castellanos
Department of Chemistry, University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus, PO Box 23346, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00931 3346
J Pharm Pharmacol 57:1261-69. 2005Poly(ethylene glycol) (PEG) was used as emulsifier to prepare alpha-chymotrypsin-loaded poly(lactic-co-glycolic) acid (PLGA) microspheres by a solid-in-oil-in-water (s/o/w) technique...
- Whole blood assay for elastase, chymotrypsin, matrix metalloproteinase-2, and matrix metalloproteinase-9 activityRoy B Lefkowitz
Department of Bioengineering, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0448, USA
Anal Chem 82:8251-8. 2010..We now report on the development of new protease substrates for the measurement of elastase, chymotrypsin, matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2, and MMP-9 activity in whole blood...
- The human cytotoxic T cell granule serine protease granzyme H has chymotrypsin-like (chymase) activity and is taken up into cytoplasmic vesicles reminiscent of granzyme B-containing endosomesK M Edwards
The John Connell Laboratory, The Austin Research Institute, Studley Road, Heidelberg, 3084, Australia
J Biol Chem 274:30468-73. 1999..Different granzymes display proteolytic specificities that mimic the activities of trypsin or chymotrypsin, or may cleave substrates at acidic ("Asp-ase") or at long unbranched amino acids such as Met ("Met-ase")...
- Functional characterization of a partial loss-of-function mutation of the epithelial sodium channel (ENaC) associated with atypical cystic fibrosisRegina Huber
Institut fur Zellulare und Molekulare Physiologie, Erlangen, Germany
Cell Physiol Biochem 25:145-58. 2010..betaS520C mutant ENaC which can be converted to a channel with a P(o) of nearly one, and by experiments using chymotrypsin to proteolytically activate the channel...
- Concentration regimes and denaturation effects on the conformational changes of α-chymotrypsin by viscosity and dynamic light scattering measurementsN Ghaouar
Laboratoire de Physique de la Matière Molle, Faculte des Sciences de Tunis, Campus Universitaire, 2092, Tunisia
Int J Biol Macromol 47:425-30. 2010This work focused on the conformational changes of α-chymotrypsin from bovine pancreas for various concentrations as well as the effects of chemical denaturation and organic solvents using both of viscosity and dynamic light scattering ..
- The crystal structure of guamerin in complex with chymotrypsin and the development of an elastase-specific inhibitorHun Kim
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Suwon 440 746, Korea
J Mol Biol 376:184-92. 2008..For this purpose, we determined the crystal structure of guamerin in complex with chymotrypsin at 2.5 A resolution...
- P. papatasi midgut molecules: gene function and assessing TBV candidatesJOSE MARCELO contact RAMALHO ORTIGAO; Fiscal Year: 2010..focus on the use of RNA interference to assess the roles of proteins such as PpChym2, a blood-induced chymotrypsin that may be involved in early killing of Leishmania;and PpChit1, a midgut-specific chitinase that is thought to ..
- POLYMERASE PROTEINS IN CORONAVIRUS REPLICATIONMark R Denison; Fiscal Year: 2013..Nsp5 possesses two chymotrypsin-like domains, whose interface comprises the active-site cavity and substrate-binding regions, and a unique ..
- ROLE OF COMPLEMENT RECEPTOR 1 IN ERYTHROCYTE INVASION BY PLASMODIUM FALCIPARUM INGORDON AKANZUWINE AWANDARE; Fiscal Year: 2013..invasion mechanisms by testing their ability to invade erythrocytes treated with neuraminidase, trypsin, or chymotrypsin, which selectively disrupt specific erythrocyte receptors...
- Protectides: A tool for drug target assays in myelomaNancy L Allbritton; Fiscal Year: 2013..Protein kinase B, protein kinase C, and the chymotrypsin-like activity of the proteasome were chosen for this work by virtue of their pertinence to both research and ..
- Light Scattering & Flourescence Study of Sugar Solutions as Cryoprotective AgentsDAVID LEE SIDEBOTTOM; Fiscal Year: 2010..phase of our project, students will incorporate functional biomolecules (green fluorescent protein, GFP and chymotrypsin inhibitor 2, CI2) into these sugar solutions...
- Characterization of Pancreatic Disease in a Novel Porcine Cystic Fibrosis ModelAliye Uc; Fiscal Year: 2010..in regulating the exocrine pancreatic function of pigs will be determined in vivo (analysis of fecal fat and chymotrypsin;collection of pancreatic fluid) and in vitro (primary porcine ductular epithelial cell cultures) using CFTR-/- ..
- Elucidating the Mechanism of Novel Dengue AntiviralsStanley Watowich; Fiscal Year: 2009..specificity of newly discovered inhibitors will be further tested using related serine proteases trypsin and chymotrypsin, and blood-clotting assays...
- Nanotechnology for One Step Concentration and Preservation of Labile Biomarkers iLANCE ALLEN LIOTTA; Fiscal Year: 2010..proteins, even if denatured, are protected from degradation by high concentrations of proteases (trypsin or chymotrypsin) even at 37 oC overnight...
- ENGINEERING THERAPEUTIC PROTEASESRobert F Balint; Fiscal Year: 2012..The chymotrypsin family of serine proteases includes many of the most intensively studied of all enzymes...
- BACKBONE EFFECTS ON PROTEIN STABILITY AND FOLDINGPhilip E Dawson; Fiscal Year: 2010..of specific hydrogen bonds in the GCN4 coiled coil and, in kinetic studies, the folding transition state of the chymotrypsin inhibitor CI2...
- Tropomyosin in the antiangiogenic activity of HKaKeith McCrae; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, affinity purification of chymotrypsin-digested tropomyosin on HKa-sepharose, as w ell as panning of a cyclic random peptide Library on HKa, led to ..
- Dengue and West Nile Viral Protease InhibitorsRadhakrishnan Padmanabhan; Fiscal Year: 2005..This strategy has been successfully employed in development of chymotrypsin-and trypsin-like serine proteases and preliminary screen of DEN protease activity shows promising results...
- Chymotrypsin C in pancreatitisMiklos Sahin-Toth; Fiscal Year: 2013..provided by applicant): The specific objectives of the present grant proposal are to determine the role of chymotrypsin C (CTRC) in the regulation of digestive enzyme activation and degradation and to investigate the mechanism(s) ..
- Folding, Mis-Folding and Aggregation of Small ProteinsUlrich H E Hansmann; Fiscal Year: 2012..As an example, the PI will study in silico the mechanism by that two proteins, the 64- residue Chymotrypsin Inhibitor 2 and the 93-residue protein TOP7, fold into their specific shape...
- GASTROINTESTINAL & CARDIAC RESPONSE TO SEMI-STARVATIONEleanor Young; Fiscal Year: 1991..Comparative studies will be made of selected pancreatic enzyme activity (amylase, chymotrypsin, trypsin); intestinal enzymes (maltase, sucrase, lactase); liver lipid concentration; cardiac Ca, K, P, Zn, Cu ..
- BIOCHEMISTRY OF MAST CELL SECRETORY GRANULE ENZYMESLawrence Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 1999..Chymase is a serine endopeptidase with specificity for chymotrypsin-like substrates, is monomeric, and resides in the secretory granules of a subset of human mast cells termed ..
- Human Cathepsin G: Expression, C-Terminal Processing and Dual SpecificityDavid Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Aim#3 the dual specificity CatG will be studied. Although CatG is a member of the chymotrypsin family, it has been shown to also cleave trypsin-like substrates...
- Single Molecule Protein and Biopolymer Folding DynamicsShimon Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2003..the proposed methodology with existing single-molecule fluorescence methodology to study the folding of protein chymotrypsin inhibitor 2 (CI2)...
- BIOPHYSICS OF SERINE PROTEASE-KUNITZ INHIBITOR COMPLEXESGaetano Montelione; Fiscal Year: 1999..and hydration of wild-type BPTI free in solution and bound to the bovine proteolytic enzymes trypsin and chymotrypsin. 2...
- Irreversible inhibitors of cholesterol esteraseLORRAINE DECK; Fiscal Year: 2005..will be determined at the enzyme level by screening compounds for their rates of inactivation of CE compared with the proteases chymotrypsin, trypsin and elastase, all of which are serine proteases that function within the intestine.
- ENZYME EFFECTOR DESIGNRichard Schowen; Fiscal Year: 1993..The temperature dependence of the solvent isotope effect for chymotrypsin, trypsin, elastase and subtilisin will be measured to deduce the degree to which "physical" steps and "chemical"..
- MOLECULAR STUDIES OF HUMAN CYTOMEGALOVIRUS PROTEASELiang Tong; Fiscal Year: 2003..features and belongs to a new class of serine protease, distinct from the classical serine proteases such as chymotrypsin and subtilisin. Therefore, a new body of knowledge is needed on this new class of enzymes...
- PHOTOCHEMISTRY OF ARYL HALIDES AND ITS APPLICATIONSNIEN CHUN YANG; Fiscal Year: 1993..in collaboration with scientists both at the University of Chicago and elsewhere, systems proposed include chymotrypsin, arylsulfatases, Trp repressor, retinoid binding proteins and insulin:receptor interaction...
- Serine protease zymogen activation by small moleculesPatrick S Daugherty; Fiscal Year: 2013The objective of this project is to identify small molecule probes that selectively activate a chymotrypsin-like serine protease zymogen...
- ENZYME-ACTIVATED IRREVERSIBLE INHIBITORS OF PROTEASESJohn Katzenellenbogen; Fiscal Year: 1990..act, through a two-step acylation- alkylation sequence, as mechanism-based inactivators of the serine protease chymotrypsin. We are now planning to study the mechanistic details of the inactivation process, to determine what chemical ..
- STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS OF THROMBIN SPECIFICITY SITSHENRY JAKUBOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 1991..peptides to be synthesized are insertion sequence in thrombin, compared to the homologous proteases trypsin and chymotrypsin. The insertions sequences form loops on the surface of thrombin and are likely candidates for binding sites on ..
- Nanoliter Lab-on-a-chip for Protein CrystallizationVamsee Pamula; Fiscal Year: 2004..The effect of electrowetting will be evaluated on the crystallization of Lysozyme, Chymotrypsin, and GRP 94 under known crystallization conditions...
- ANTICARCINOGENESIS BY NICOTINAMIDE A PROTEASE INHIBITORWalter Troll; Fiscal Year: 1992..Nicotinamide has been shown to inhibit chymotrypsin and trypsin hydrolysis of radioactive casein, with preferential inhibition of chymotrypsin...
- PRIMARY STRUCTURE OF THE CYCLIC AMP RECEPTOR PROTEINDavid Schlesinger; Fiscal Year: 1980..In addition, core fragments of CRP produced by digestion of CRP and cAMP with subtilisin, trypsin, chymotrypsin and S. aureus protease will also be subjected to extended automated N-terminal sequence analysis...
- ANALYSIS OF THE AIRWAY ANTIPROTEINASE DEFENSE SYSTEMSule Cataltepe; Fiscal Year: 2006..Although SCCA1 inhibits lysosomal cysteine proteinases, cathepsins (cat)L,S and K, whereas SCCA2 inhibits chymotrypsin-like serine proteinases, catG and mast cell chymase...
- MOLECULAR DYNAMICS SIMULATIONS OF PROTEIN UNFOLDINGValerie Daggett; Fiscal Year: 1999..Consequently, alpha-lytic protease, and chymotrypsin inhibitor 2, and cytochrome b5 were chosen for study, as experimental studies of the folding behavior of these ..
- Silanediols as Serine and Threonine Protease InhibitorsSCOTT SIEBURTH; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will evaluate silandiols as inhibitors of serine and threonine proteases, studying five enzymes. Chymotrypsin is a benchmark and readily available serine protease that will allow us to rapidly establish Silanediols as ..
- DSC OF IMMOBILIZED PROTEINSJOHN SHRIVER; Fiscal Year: 1992..e. ribonuclease A, alpha- chymotrypsin, lysozyme, and myoglobin...
- MONOCLONAL ANTIBODY PROBES FOR NEUROFILAMENT PROCESSINGLUDWIG STERNBERGER; Fiscal Year: 1991..to Nf compactness will be dissected by degradative treatments with cyanogen bromide, trypsin, Alpha-chymotrypsin, V8 protease, and Nf-associated calcium-dependent protease...
- COLLAGEN FOLDING IN PRESENCE OF CIS-TRANS ISOMERASEHans Peter Bachinger; Fiscal Year: 1990..trans isomerization of succinyl-Ala-Ala-Pro-Phe-4- methlycumaryl-7-amide by means of a two-step process using chymotrypsin as the trans substrate cleaving activity...
- ENZYME ACTIVE SITE MAPPING UTILIZING CARBONIUM IONSEMIL WHITE; Fiscal Year: 1990..With reference to chymotrypsin, the procedures used are: inhibition, reduction and alkylation, G-75 Sephadex separation of the peptides, ..
- Roles of polymorphic COMT, tea polyphenols and proteasome in cancer preventionQING PING DOU; Fiscal Year: 2010..g. (-)-epigallocatechin- 3-gallate or EGCG, are potent and specific inhibitors of proteasomal chymotrypsin-like activity (mediated by b5 subunit)...
- ROLE OF MEMBRANE PROTEASE IN NEUTROPHIL ACTIVATIONCharles King; Fiscal Year: 1991..Furthermore, Ab 1-15 inhibits a chymotrypsin-like protease activity localized in purified PMN plasma membrane...
- 500 MHZ NMR INSTRUMENTATION FOR SHARED USECraig Townsend; Fiscal Year: 1991..8) Identification by NMR techniques of the labeled sites of alpha- chymotrypsin inhibited with 13C-enriched enzyme-activated inhibitors...
- PITUITARY HORMONES ENZYMATIC FORMATION AND DEGRADATIONMarian Orlowski; Fiscal Year: 2000..Two of the five catalytic components of the MPC, the branched chain amino acid preferring (BrAAP) and chymotrypsin-like (ChT-L) components constitute major factors in the protein degrading activity of the MPC...
- LIMITING CELLULAR INJURY--THE ROLE OF CYTOSOLIC SERPINGARY SILVERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..SCCA1 paradoxically inhibits lysosomal cysteine proteinases, whereas SCCA2 inhibits chymotrypsin-like serine proteinases...
- PROTEIN BIOSYNTHESIS AS A FUNCTION OF AGE OR CANCERROBERT LOFTFIELD; Fiscal Year: 1980..fragmented into peptides of 6 to 30 amino acid residues by a succession of treatments such as CNBr, trypsin and chymotrypsin. The cleavage methods and peptide separation techniques are chosen so as not to differentiate between similar ..
- PANCEATIC ELASTASE/STRUCTURAL CONTROL OF ACTIVITYCorey Largman; Fiscal Year: 1992..Human elastase 2 is very closely related to the chymotrypsin family - mutagenesis of elastase 2 could produce a chymotrypsin-like molecule which maintained proteolytic ..
- PROTEOLYIC ACTIVITY OF PROSTATE SPECIFIC ANTIGENCatherine Yang; Fiscal Year: 2001..3) The mechanistic similarity and structural specificity between PSA and other serine proteases such as chymotrypsin will be elucidated by fluorescence spectroscopy...
- ELEMENTARY STEPS IN ENZYME CATALYSISDAVID BOLEN; Fiscal Year: 1993..Free energy data at pH 7 will be sought for the unfolding of alpha- chymotrypsin (alpha-Ct) as well as for covalent enzyme-substrate species such as o-hydroxphenylmethanesulfonyl-chymotrypsin ..
- GENETIC CONTROL OF THE STRUCTURE OF HUMAN PROTEINSBarbara Bowman; Fiscal Year: 1980..The evolutionary mutation rate of the beta-chain will be calculated and compared with the chymotrypsin family of serine proteases...
- STRUCTURAL STUDIES OF SARS AND MHV REPLICASE PROTEINSL Schultz; Fiscal Year: 2005..Currently, the only experimentally determined structure of a SARS-CoV protein is that of the chymotrypsin-like protease...
- MITOGEN-STIMULATED DIACYLGLYCEROL METABOLISMDANIEL RABEN; Fiscal Year: 1993..cultured fibroblasts: (1) R1 which (a) responds to alpha-thrombin but not gamma-thrombin, (b) is inactivated by chymotrypsin, and (c) stimulates both the hydrolysis of polphosphoinositides and release of arachidonic acid; and (2) R2 ..
- CALIXARENES AS ENZYME MIMICSC Gutsche; Fiscal Year: 1991..attention will be devoted to the testing of appropriately functionalized calixarenes as hydrolysis catalysts (chymotrypsin mimic and phosphatase mimic), aldolization catalysts (aldolase mimic), farnesol phosphate catalysts), and ..
- A DVD Atlas of Biological MacromoleculesMONIQUE BENOUALID; Fiscal Year: 2004..CG) production environment and (2) demonstrate the efficacy of a molecular atlas on DVD by creating a prototype atlas entry of the chymotrypsin molecule and (3) distribute the prototype DVD to focus groups for review and comment.
- Proteasome Inhibition in Brain AgingJeffrey Keller; Fiscal Year: 2004..Recently we have identified that there is a brain region specific impairment in the chymotrypsin-like activity of the proteasome, during normal brain aging...
- N-HYDROXYBENZOLACTAMS AS PROTEASE INHIBITORSPATRICK HANNA; Fiscal Year: 1991..will be evaluated for their abilities to inhibit the cysteine protease papain and the two serine proteases chymotrypsin and elastase...
- MOLECULAR AND CELLULAR RESPONSES OF BRAIN TO IRRADIATIONWilliam McBride; Fiscal Year: 1999..mRNA levels peak at 6 hours and fall by 24 hours. ICAM-1, anti-chymotrypsin, and glial fibrillary acid protein also increased with a slightly delayed time scale...
- ENZYMES AND INHIBITORSDaniel Oprian; Fiscal Year: 2000..The enzyme will be degraded with trypsin and chymotrypsin. The resulting peptides will be separated and examined for radio-activity...
- BIOREACTIVE MASS SPECTROMETER PROBESRandall Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2000..g., trypsin, pepsin and a- chymotrypsin), 2), The development of new bioreactive targets for serial modification of proteins, and for use in sample ..
- 3-DIMENSIONAL RECONSTRUCTION OF ALPHA-2-MACROGLOBULINJAMES STOOPS; Fiscal Year: 1990..the three dimensional structure of alpha2M in its native form and after exposure to various proteases (trypsin, chymotrypsin, plasmin) by using a conical tilt series of images obtained by low dose electron microscopy of the protein ..
- Chymase Inhibitors--Treatment of Cardiovascular DiseaseHoward Sands; Fiscal Year: 2000..A substantial body of evidence suggests that chymase, a chymotrypsin-like serine protease of mast cells, is involved in the production of ANG II by an ACE-independent pathway and ..
- REGULATORY PROTEINS OF ADENYLATE CYCLASEGary Johnson; Fiscal Year: 1980..membranes with proteases results in the production of five detectable trypsin specific fragments and one chymotrypsin specific fragment derived from the 42,000 Mr radiolabeled peptide...
- ROLE OF PNEUMOCYSTIS CARINII CHYMASE IN LUNG INJURYWARREN BREITE; Fiscal Year: 1993..Recently our laboratory has identified and characterized a serine proteinase from PC with chymotrypsin-like (chymase) activity that may degrade the adhesive protein fibronectin...
- The Proteasome as Molecular Target of Grape PolyphenolsQING PING DOU; Fiscal Year: 2005..found that natural and synthetic green tea polyphenols with an ester bond are potent and specific proteasomal chymotrypsin-like inhibitors, while those without an ester bond are inactive...
- ENZYMES OF BLOOD COAGULATION AND FIBRINOLYSISWilliam Lawson; Fiscal Year: 1980..Bovine trypsin and chymotrypsin are also under study as model enzymes, primarily for the development of new types of inhibitors...
- CARDIAC SODIUM-CALCIUM EXCHANGE REGULATION & FUNCTIONDonald Hilgemann; Fiscal Year: 1993..Limited proteolysis by chymotrypsin, which abolishes secondary exchange modulation and leaves the exchanger highly stimulated, will allow studies ..
- PROMOTERS AN INHIBITORS OF ALZEIMER AMYLOID FORMATIONHuntington Potter; Fiscal Year: 2004..in our and other labs, that several acute phase/inflammatory molecules in the brain, specifically anti-chymotrypsin (ACT) (ACT) and apolipoprotein E (apoE) can promote the formation of the neurotoxic amyloid deposits that are ..