Genomes and Genes
Summary: An enzyme which catalyzes the hydrolysis of nucleoside triphosphates to nucleoside diphosphates. It may also catalyze the hydrolysis of nucleotide triphosphates, diphosphates, thiamine diphosphates and FAD. The nucleoside triphosphate phosphohydrolases I and II are subtypes of the enzyme which are found mostly in viruses.
Publications198 found, 100 shown here
- Modulation of the nucleoside triphosphatase/RNA helicase and 5'-RNA triphosphatase activities of Dengue virus type 2 nonstructural protein 3 (NS3) by interaction with NS5, the RNA-dependent RNA polymeraseChangsuek Yon
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington D C 20057, USA
J Biol Chem 280:27412-9. 2005..NS3 is also an RNA-stimulated nucleoside triphosphatase (NTPase)/RNA helicase and a 5'-RNA triphosphatase (RTPase)...
- Nonspecific nucleoside triphosphatase P4 of double-stranded RNA bacteriophage phi6 is required for single-stranded RNA packaging and transcriptionMarkus J Pirttimaa
Department of Biosciences Institute of Biotechnology, Viikki Biocenter, FIN 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
J Virol 76:10122-7. 2002..Protein P4, a nonspecific nucleoside triphosphatase, has previously been suggested to be the prime candidate for the viral packaging engine, based on its ..
- Characterization of the NTPase, RNA-binding, and RNA helicase activities of the DEAH-box splicing factor Prp22Naoko Tanaka
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Biochemistry 44:9795-803. 2005..We show that Prp22 can hydrolyze all common NTPs and dNTPs with comparable efficiencies and that Prp22 unwinds RNA duplexes with 3' to 5' directionality...
- Analysis of the nucleoside triphosphatase, RNA triphosphatase, and unwinding activities of the helicase domain of dengue virus NS3 proteinChun Chung Wang
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Nankang, 115 Taipei, Taiwan
FEBS Lett 583:691-6. 2009The helicase domain of dengue virus NS3 protein (DENV NS3H) contains RNA-stimulated nucleoside triphosphatase (NTPase), ATPase/helicase, and RNA 5'-triphosphatase (RTPase) activities that are essential for viral RNA replication and ..
- Purification and characterization of West Nile virus nucleoside triphosphatase (NTPase)/helicase: evidence for dissociation of the NTPase and helicase activities of the enzymeP Borowski
Abteilung fur Virologie, Bernhard Nocht Institut fur Tropenmedizin, D 20359 Hamburg, Germany
J Virol 75:3220-9. 2001The nucleoside triphosphatase (NTPase)/helicase associated with nonstructural protein 3 of West Nile (WN) virus was purified from cell culture medium harvested from virus-infected Vero cells...
- Gene ytkD of Bacillus subtilis encodes an atypical nucleoside triphosphatase member of the Nudix hydrolase superfamilyWenlian Xu
Department of Biology, The Johns Hopkins University, 3400 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
J Bacteriol 186:8380-4. 2004..The purified protein has been characterized as a nucleoside triphosphatase active on all of the canonical ribo- and deoxyribonucleoside triphosphates...
- Characterization of imidazo[4,5-d]pyridazine nucleosides as modulators of unwinding reaction mediated by West Nile virus nucleoside triphosphatase/helicase: evidence for activity on the level of substrate and/or enzymePeter Borowski
Abteilung fur Virologie, Bernhard Nocht Institut fur Tropenmedizin, Hamburg, D 20359 Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:1231-9. 2002..DNA but that, in contrast, facilitate the unwinding reaction mediated by West Nile (WN) virus nucleoside triphosphatase (NTPase)/helicase...
- Nonspecific adherence and fibril biogenesis by Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans: TadA protein is an ATPaseM K Bhattacharjee
Department of Microbiology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Bacteriol 183:5927-36. 2001..We suggest that the ATPase activity of TadA is required to energize the assembly or secretion of Flp pili for tight adherence of A. actinomycetemcomitans...
- Structure of the Dengue virus helicase/nucleoside triphosphatase catalytic domain at a resolution of 2.4 ATing Xu
School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, 60, Nanyang Drive, Singapore 637551
J Virol 79:10278-88. 2005..A possible model for the unwinding mechanism is proposed...
- The serine protease and RNA-stimulated nucleoside triphosphatase and RNA helicase functional domains of dengue virus type 2 NS3 converge within a region of 20 amino acidsH Li
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160 7421, USA
J Virol 73:3108-16. 1999..carboxy terminal to the protease domain has conserved motifs present in several viral RNA-stimulated nucleoside triphosphatase (NTPase)/RNA helicases...
- Broad yet high substrate specificity: the challenge of AAA+ proteinsAxel Mogk
Zentrum für Molekulare Biologie Heidelberg, Universitat Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 282, Heidelberg D 69120, Germany
J Struct Biol 146:90-8. 2004..The positioning of adaptor proteins in substrate recognition can enable them to control the activity of their partner proteins by coupling AAA+ protein activation to substrate availability...
- Human coronavirus 229E nonstructural protein 13: characterization of duplex-unwinding, nucleoside triphosphatase, and RNA 5'-triphosphatase activitiesKonstantin A Ivanov
Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
J Virol 78:7833-8. 2004..Characterization of the nsp13-associated nucleoside triphosphatase (NTPase) activities revealed that all natural ribonucleotides and nucleotides are substrates of nsp13, ..
- Aquifex aeolicus PilT, homologue of a surface motility protein, is a thermostable oligomeric NTPaseTimothy J Herdendorf
Department of Bacteriology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Bacteriol 184:6465-71. 2002..Based on sedimentation equilibrium and size exclusion chromatography, PilT was identified as a approximately equal 5- to 6-subunit oligomer. Potential implications of the NTPase activity of PilT in pilus retraction are discussed...
- Structure-based virtual screening for novel inhibitors of Japanese encephalitis virus NS3 helicase/nucleoside triphosphataseAgnieszka Kaczor
Department of Synthesis and Chemical Technology of Medicinal Substances, Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical University of Lublin, Lublin, Poland
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 58:91-101. 2010..These compounds were docked to the JEV NS3 helicase/NTPase to examine their binding mode and verify screening results by consensus scoring procedure...
- Brome mosaic virus 1a nucleoside triphosphatase/helicase domain plays crucial roles in recruiting RNA replication templatesXiaofeng Wang
Institute for Molecular Virology, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1525 Linden Dr, Madison, WI 53706 1576, USA
J Virol 79:13747-58. 2005..RNA virus RNA replication is invariably membrane associated and frequently involves viral proteins with nucleoside triphosphatase (NTPase)/helicase motifs or activities...
- The mouse germ-cell-specific leucine-rich repeat protein NALP14: a member of the NACHT nucleoside triphosphatase familyMichiharu Horikawa
Division of Reproductive Sciences, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Biol Reprod 72:879-89. 2005..The structural attributes, expression pattern, and cellular localization of MATER and RNH2 largely conformed to those reported for NALP14...
- Active disruption of an RNA-protein interaction by a DExH/D RNA helicaseE Jankowsky
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA 02115, USA
Science 291:121-5. 2001..This indicates that DExH/D proteins can effectively catalyze protein displacement from RNA and thereby participate in the structural reorganization of ribonucleoprotein assemblies...
- Backbone tracking by the SF2 helicase NPH-IIJane Kawaoka
Department of Pathology, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 11:526-30. 2004..These findings suggest that SF2 helicases are mechanistically distinct from other helicase families that can tolerate breaks in the loading strand and for which bases are the primary recognition determinant...
- Phylogenetic analysis of AAA proteinsTancred Frickey
Department of Protein Evolution, Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology, Spemannstr 35, Tubingen D 72076, Germany
J Struct Biol 146:2-10. 2004..It also revealed highly degenerate D1 domains in plant MSP1 sequences and in at least one deeply branching group of hypothetical proteins (YC46), showing that AAA proteins with two ATPase domains arose at least three times independently...
- Determinants of vaccinia virus early gene transcription terminationSarah Piacente
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, SUNY School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Buffalo, NY, 14214 3200, USA
Virology 376:211-24. 2008..These observations demonstrate that NPH I is a component of the elongating RNA polymerase, which is catalytically active during transcription elongation...
- Nucleoside triphosphatase and RNA helicase activities associated with GB virus B nonstructural protein 3W Zhong
Department of Antiviral Therapy, Schering Plough Research Institute, 2015 Galloping Hill Road, Kenilworth, New Jersey 07033 0539, USA
Virology 261:216-26. 1999..3 (NS3) of GBV-B contains sequence motifs predictive of three enzymatic activities: serine protease, nucleoside triphosphatase (NTPase), and RNA helicase...
- Polypeptide p41 of a Norwalk-like virus is a nucleic acid-independent nucleoside triphosphataseT Pfister
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11794-5222, USA
J Virol 75:1611-9. 2001..Based on enzymatic properties and sequence information, a functional relationship between NLV p41 and enterovirus 2C is discussed in regard to the role of 2C-like proteins in virus replication...
- NMR structure and functional characterization of a human cancer-related nucleoside triphosphataseWilliam J Placzek
Department of Molecular Biology and The Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Mol Biol 367:788-801. 2007..of inorganic phosphate, we showed that the purified recombinant protein is active as a non-specific nucleoside triphosphatase, with k(cat)=7.6x10(-3) s(-1)...
- Functional properties of the predicted helicase of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virusElida M Bautista
Elanco Animal Health Research and Development, A Division of Eli Lilly and Company, Greenfield, IN 64140, USA
Virology 298:258-70. 2002..These results provide the first evidence of the functional properties of PRRSV helicase and further support the finding that nidovirus helicases possess properties that distinguish them from other viral helicases...
- TraG-like proteins of DNA transfer systems and of the Helicobacter pylori type IV secretion system: inner membrane gate for exported substrates?Gunnar Schröder
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Genetik, Abteilung Lehrach, Ihnestrasse 73, Dahlem, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
J Bacteriol 184:2767-79. 2002..We predict that multimeric inner membrane protein TraG forms a pore. A model suggesting that the relaxosome binds to the TraG pore via TraG-DNA and TraG-TraI interactions is presented...
- RNA-binding activity of the rotavirus phosphoprotein NSP5 includes affinity for double-stranded RNAPatrice Vende
Laboratory of Infectious Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Virol 76:5291-9. 2002....
- The RNA helicase, nucleotide 5'-triphosphatase, and RNA 5'-triphosphatase activities of Dengue virus protein NS3 are Mg2+-dependent and require a functional Walker B motif in the helicase catalytic coreDelphine Benarroch
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique and Universités d Aix Marseille I et II, UMR 6098, Architecture et Fonction des Macromolecules Biologiques, ESIL case 925, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
Virology 328:208-18. 2004..DV RTPase seems to belong to a new class of Mg2+-dependent RTPases, which use the active center of the helicase/NTPase catalytic core in conjunction with elements in the C-terminal domain...
- Control of hepatitis C: a medicinal chemistry perspectiveChristopher P Gordon
Department of Chemistry, University of Wollongong, Wollongong 2522, Australia
J Med Chem 48:1-20. 2005
- Ddx42p--a human DEAD box protein with RNA chaperone activitiesHeike Uhlmann-Schiffler
FR 2 3 Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Theoretical Medicine, University of the Saarland, D 66421 Homburg, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 34:10-22. 2006..The adenosine nucleotide cofactor bound to Ddx42p apparently acts as a switch that controls the two opposing activities: ATP triggers RNA strand separation, whereas ADP triggers annealing of complementary RNA strands...
- The severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) coronavirus NTPase/helicase belongs to a distinct class of 5' to 3' viral helicasesJulian A Tanner
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China
J Biol Chem 278:39578-82. 2003..We found a large variation in the apparent strength of binding of different homopolynucleotides, with dT24 binding over 10 times more strongly than dA24 as observed by the apparent Km...
- Escherichia coli DbpA is a 3' --> 5' RNA helicaseCamille M Diges
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Sherman Fairchild Science Building, 299 Campus Drive, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Biochemistry 44:7903-11. 2005..Since the loading site could be on either strand of the helix that was disrupted, hairpin 92 does not influence the directionality of the helicase but only aids in targeting RNA substrates...
- Identification of two distinct E-NTPDases in liver of goldfish (Carassius auratus L.)K E Alleva
Instituto de Quimica y Fisicoquimica Biologicas, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Junin 956, 1113, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 131:725-31. 2002..The enzyme activity measured in solution and in native gels, together with structural information from denaturing gels plus immunoblots, points to the existence, in goldfish liver, of at least two different E-NTPDases...
- The inhibitory form of NifL from Klebsiella pneumoniae exhibits ATP hydrolyzing activity only when synthesized under nitrogen sufficiencyKai Klopprogge
Institut fur Mikrobiologie und Genetik, Universitat Gottingen, Grisebachstrasse 8, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1594:243-54. 2002..We hypothesize that the presence of ammonium alters the conformation of NifL, enabling it to use the energy of ATP hydrolysis to increase the efficiency of NifL-NifA complex formation...
- Evidence of nucleotidyl phosphatase activity associated with core protein sigma A of avian reovirus S1133Hsien Sheng Yin
Department of Veterinary Medicine, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 403, Taiwan
Virology 293:379-85. 2002..The results show that the optimal activities of both proteins were similar and were achieved between pH 7.5 and 8.5...
- Potent inhibition of NTPase/helicase of the West Nile Virus by ring-expanded ("fat") nucleoside analoguesNing Zhang
Laboratory for Drug Design and Synthesis, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimore, Maryland 21250, USA
J Med Chem 46:4776-89. 2003..A tentative mechanistic model has been proposed to explain the observed results...
- Nucleotide triphosphatase/helicase of hepatitis C virus as a target for antiviral therapyPeter Borowski
Abteilung fur Virologie, Bernhard Nocht Institut fur Tropenmedizin, 20359 Hamburg, Germany
Antiviral Res 55:397-412. 2002The RNA nucleoside triphosphatase (NTPase)/helicases represent a large family of proteins that are detected in almost all biological systems where RNA plays a central role...
- Structure-function analysis of Plasmodium RNA triphosphatase and description of a triphosphate tunnel metalloenzyme superfamily that includes Cet1-like RNA triphosphatases and CYTH proteinsChunling Gong
Molecular Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, NY 10021, USA
RNA 12:1468-74. 2006..They likely evolved by incremental changes in an ancestral tunnel enzyme that conferred specificity for RNA 5'-end processing...
- Nucleoside and RNA triphosphatase activities of orthoreovirus transcriptase cofactor mu2Jonghwa Kim
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 279:4394-403. 2004..identified the mORV mu2 protein as a determinant of viral strain differences in the transcriptase and nucleoside triphosphatase activities of cores...
- Enzymatic defects of the nsP2 proteins of Semliki Forest virus temperature-sensitive mutantsGiuseppe Balistreri
Institute of Biotechnology, P O Box 56, University of Helsinki, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
J Virol 81:2849-60. 2007....
- ATP and ADP hydrolysis in brain membranes of zebrafish (Danio rerio)Eduardo Pacheco Rico
Departamento de Ciencias Fisiologicas, Faculdade de Biociencias, Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul Avenida Ipiranga 6681, 90619 900 RS, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Life Sci 73:2071-82. 2003..The presence of a NTPDase in brain membranes of zebrafish may be important for the modulation of nucleotide and nucleoside levels, controlling their actions on specific purinoceptors in central nervous system of this specie...
- Novel triphosphate phosphohydrolase activity of Clostridium thermocellum TTM, a member of the triphosphate tunnel metalloenzyme superfamilyNiroshika Keppetipola
Molecular Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 282:11941-9. 2007..CthTTM is a metal-dependent tripolyphosphatase and nucleoside triphosphatase; it is not an adenylate cyclase...
- Phospholipase A2 inhibits nuclear nucleoside triphosphatase activity and mRNA export in isolated nuclei from rat liverJu Xiang Li
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Health Science Center, Peking University, Beijing 100083, China
Life Sci 73:969-80. 2003..whether the phospholipase A(2) (PLA(2)) influences mRNA nucleocytoplasmic transport evaluated by nucleoside triphosphatase (NTPase) activity and mRNA export in isolated hepatic nuclear envelope...
- Towards the design of flavivirus helicase/NTPase inhibitors: crystallographic and mutagenesis studies of the dengue virus NS3 helicase catalytic domainTing Xu
School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, 60, Nanyang Drive Singapore 637551
Novartis Found Symp 277:87-97; discussion 97-101, 251-3. 2006..We used structure-based site directed mutagenesis to identify regions of the enzyme that are crucial for its ATPase or nucleic acid duplex unwinding activity...
- Halogenated benzimidazoles and benzotriazoles as inhibitors of the NTPase/helicase activities of hepatitis C and related virusesPeter Borowski
Abteilung fur Virologie, Bernhard Nocht Institut fur Tropenmedizin, Hamburg, Germany
Eur J Biochem 270:1645-53. 2003..The halogeno benzimidazoles and benzotriazoles included in this study are excellent lead compounds for the development of more potent inhibitors of hepatitis C virus and other viral NTPase/helicases...
- Silencing and complementation of reovirus core protein mu2: functional correlations with mu2-microtubule association and differences between virus- and plasmid-derived mu2John Carvalho
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Virology 364:301-16. 2007..Ala substitutions within the NTP-binding motif of T1L mu2 also abrogated its rescue capacity, suggesting that the NTPase or RTPase activity of mu2 is additionally required for effective viral growth...
- UUUUUNU oligonucleotide stimulation of vaccinia virus early gene transcription termination, in transMohamed Ragaa Mohamed
Department of Microbiology, State University of New York, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Buffalo, New York 14214, USA
J Biol Chem 278:11794-801. 2003..The active termination factor then interacts with the ternary complex stimulating transcription termination through the normal mechanism, independent of the nascent mRNA sequence...
- Avian reovirus core protein muA expressed in Escherichia coli possesses both NTPase and RTPase activitiesYu Pin Su
Department of Veterinary Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 402, Taiwan
J Gen Virol 88:1797-805. 2007..The results suggested that both NTPase and RTPase activities of muA might be carried out at the same active site, and that protein muA could play important roles during viral RNA synthesis...
- Effect of selected mutations in the C-terminal region of the vaccinia virus nucleoside triphosphate phosphohydrolase I on binding to the H4L subunit of the viral RNA polymerase and early gene transcription termination in vitroSarah C Piacente
Department of Microbiology, The Witebsky Center for Microbial Pathogenesis and Immunology, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Virology 310:109-17. 2003..These observations demonstrate that the terminal five amino acids directly participate in binding to RNA polymerase and in early gene transcription termination...
- Key role of template sequence for primer synthesis by the herpes simplex virus 1 helicase-primaseKathryn A Ramirez-Aguilar
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309, USA
Biochemistry 41:14569-79. 2002..In addition to hydrolyzing NTPs the NTPase could also hydrolyze the 5'-terminal phosphate from newly synthesized primers...
- Inhibition of the helicase activity of HCV NTPase/helicase by 1-beta-D-ribofuranosyl-1,2,4-triazole-3-carboxamide-5 '-triphosphate (ribavirin-TP)P Borowski
Abteilung fur Virologie, Bernhard Nocht Institut fur Tropenmedizin, Hamburg, Germany
Acta Biochim Pol 48:739-44. 2001..Our results suggest that derivatives of ribavirin-TP with enhanced stability towards hydrolytic attack may be effective inhibitors of the enzyme...
- Allosteric regulation of the ATP sulfurylase associated GTPaseR Wang
Department of Biochemistry, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461
Biochemistry 34:490-5. 1995..These studies provide an in-depth view of the energetic interactions between the two active sites at each step of the APS-forming reaction...
- Role of the histidine triad-like motif in nucleotide hydrolysis by the rotavirus RNA-packaging protein NSP2Rodrigo Vasquez Del Carpio
Laboratory of Infectious Diseases, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 279:10624-33. 2004..Hence the NTPase activity of NSP2 probably has a role subsequent to the formation of viroplasms, consistent with its suspected involvement in RNA packaging and/or replication...
- Characterization and mutational analysis of the helicase and NTPase activities of hepatitis C virus full-length NS3 proteinA D Wardell
Department of Medicine, Imperial College School of Medicine, London, UK
J Gen Virol 80:701-9. 1999..Mutational analysis of conserved motifs of NS3 helicase showed all conserved residues to be required for optimal activity. These results are in accord with a recently proposed model for NS3 helicase activity...
- Nucleolar localization of murine nuclear DNA helicase II (RNA helicase A)S Zhang
Department of Biochemistry and Department of Electron Microscopy and Molecular Cytology, Institute for Molecular Biotechnology, Beutenbergstrasse 11, D 07745 Jena, Germany
J Cell Sci 112:2693-703. 1999..Contrary to the effect of inhibiting rRNA synthesis, treatment of mouse cells with the translation inhibitor cycloheximide did not compromise the nucleolar localization of murine NDH II...
- Phylogeny of genes for secretion NTPases: identification of the widespread tadA subfamily and development of a diagnostic key for gene classificationP J Planet
Department of Microbiology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:2503-8. 2001..This molecular key-based method can be applied to other gene superfamilies and represents a valuable tool for genome analysis...
- Biochemical characterization of the small isoform of Drosophila melanogaster RECQ5 helicaseA Z Ozsoy
Curriculum in Genetics and Molecular Biology, Department of Biology and Program in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 29:2986-93. 2001..5-fold higher than that observed for the ATPase activity (900 min(-1)). The purified protein catalyzed unwinding of partial duplex substrates up to at least 93 bp, however, unwinding of an 89 bp blunt duplex substrate was not detected...
- Targeting platelet aggregation: CD39 gene transfer augments nucleoside triphosphate diphosphohydrolase activity in injured rabbit arteriesS P Gangadharan
Division of Vascular Surgery, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Institute for Human Genetics, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Surgery 130:296-303. 2001..Further studies are required to determine whether targeted delivery of CD39 could convey thromboprotective properties to an injured vessel...
- A protein related to eucaryal and bacterial DNA-motor proteins in the hyperthermophilic archaeon Sulfolobus acidocaldariusC Elie
Laboratoire de Biologie Moléculaire des Extrêmophiles, Institut de Genetique et Microbiologie, CNRS, URA 1354 Bat 409 Université Paris Sud, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
J Mol Evol 45:107-14. 1997..The presence of such protein in Archaea, Bacteria, and Eucarya suggests an early origin of DNA-motor proteins that could have emerged and diversified by domain shuffling...
- The NTPase/helicase activities of Drosophila maleless, an essential factor in dosage compensationC G Lee
Graduate Program in Molecular Biology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, NY 10021, USA
EMBO J 16:2671-81. 1997..These results indicate that the NTPase/helicase activities are essential functions of MLE for dosage compensation, perhaps utilized for chromatin remodeling of X-linked genes...
- The helicase-like domain of plant potexvirus replicase participates in formation of RNA 5' cap structure by exhibiting RNA 5'-triphosphatase activityY I Li
Graduate Institute of Agricultural Biotechnology, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan 40227, Republic of China
J Virol 75:12114-20. 2001..An activity assay confirmed that the putative helicase domain has nucleoside triphosphatase activity...
- cDNA cloning and chromosomal mapping of a mouse gene with homology to NTPasesB P Chadwick
Molecular Analysis of Mammalian Mutation, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, UK
Mamm Genome 9:162-4. 1998
- Disordered cellular migration and angiogenesis in cd39-null miceC Goepfert
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Circulation 104:3109-15. 2001..Linked to these findings, chemotaxis of cd39-null monocyte/macrophages to nucleotides was impaired in vitro. This abnormality was associated with desensitization of nucleotide receptor P2Y-mediated signaling pathways...
- Structures of dimeric nonstandard nucleotide triphosphate pyrophosphatase from Pyrococcus horikoshii OT3: functional significance of interprotomer conformational changesNeratur K Lokanath
Advanced Protein Crystallography Research Group, RIKEN SPring 8 Center, Harima Institute, 1 1 1 Kouto, Sayo cho, Sayo gun, Hyogo 679 5148, Japan
J Mol Biol 375:1013-25. 2008..A combination of the exceptional interdomain and interprotomer relocations is most likely the reason for the observed asymmetric IMP binding that might be necessary for PhNTPase to release the reaction product IMP...
- Potential antivirals and antiviral strategies against SARS coronavirus infectionsErik De Clercq
Rega Institute for Medical Research, KU Leuven, Minderbroedersstraat 10B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 4:291-302. 2006....
- Crystal structure of the catalytic domain of Japanese encephalitis virus NS3 helicase/nucleoside triphosphatase at a resolution of 1.8 ATetsuo Yamashita
Department of Molecular Virology, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Virology 373:426-36. 2008..The detailed structural comparison among the viruses of the family Flaviviridae should help in clarifying the molecular mechanism of viral replication and in providing rationale for the development of appropriate therapeutics...
- Recombinant dengue virus type 1 NS3 protein exhibits specific viral RNA binding and NTPase activity regulated by the NS5 proteinT Cui
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, National University of Singapore, Republic of Singapore
Virology 246:409-17. 1998..These data suggest that the NTPase activity of the NS3 protein may be regulated by the viral NS5 protein during virus replication...
- Identification of a gene cluster within the genome of Chilo iridescent virus encoding enzymes involved in viral DNA replication and processingK Muller
Institut fur Medizinische Virologie, Universitat Heidelberg, Federal Republic of Germany
Virus Genes 18:243-64. 1999..amino acids (aa)), the DNA polymerase (ORF A031L,1,273 aa), a helicase (ORF A027L, 530 aa), a nucleoside triphosphatase I (ORF A025L, 1,171 aa), and an exonuclease II (ORF A019L, 624aa), all ORFs possessing the same genomic ..
- Role for conserved residues of sindbis virus nonstructural protein 2 methyltransferase-like domain in regulation of minus-strand synthesis and development of cytopathic infection- Mayuri
Markey Center for Structural Biology and Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
J Virol 82:7284-97. 2008..The approximately 800-amino-acid nsP2 consists of an N-terminal domain with nucleoside triphosphatase and helicase activities and a C-terminal protease domain...
- Sequence determination and analysis of the full-length genome of colorado tick fever virus, the type species of genus Coltivirus (Family Reoviridae)H Attoui
Laboratoire de Virologie Moleculaire, Laboratoire de Virologie Moleculaire, Tropicale et Transfusionnelle, Faculte de Medecine de Marseille, Unite des Virus Emergents, 27 Boulevard Jean Moulin, Marseille Cedex 5, 13005, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 273:1121-5. 2000..Similarities to nonviral enzymatic proteins, such as methyltransferases, NTPAses, RNA replication factors, were also identified...
- Isolation and sequencing of the rho gene from Streptomyces lividans ZX7 and characterization of the RNA-dependent NTPase activity of the overexpressed proteinC J Ingham
Division of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, G12, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 271:21803-7. 1996....
- In vitro proteolytic processing of the MD145 norovirus ORF1 nonstructural polyprotein yields stable precursors and products similar to those detected in calicivirus-infected cellsGaël Belliot
Laboratory of Infectious Diseases Research Technologies Branch, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 8026, USA
J Virol 77:10957-74. 2003..and E(1189)/G(1190)) in the ORF1 polyprotein in the following order: N-terminal protein; nucleoside triphosphatase; 20-kDa protein (p20); virus protein, genome linked (VPg); proteinase (Pro); polymerase (Pol)...
- Characterization of classical swine fever virus (CSFV) nonstructural protein 3 (NS3) helicase activity and its modulation by CSFV RNA-dependent RNA polymeraseGuoyuan Wen
State Key Laboratory of Virology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, China
Virus Res 141:63-70. 2009..Maltose-binding protein (MBP) pull-down as well as enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays confirmed the specific interaction between NS3 and NS5B...
- Expression of purine metabolism-related enzymes by microglial cells in the developing rat brainI Dalmau
Unit of Histology, Faculty of Medicine, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Bellaterra, Spain
J Comp Neurol 398:333-46. 1998The nucleoside triphosphatase (NTPase), nucleoside diphosphatase (NDPase), 5'-nucleotidase (5'-Nase), and purine nucleoside phosphorylase (PNPase) activity has been examined in the cerebral cortex, subcortical white matter, and ..
- Biochemical characterization of the equine arteritis virus helicase suggests a close functional relationship between arterivirus and coronavirus helicasesA Seybert
Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
J Virol 74:9586-93. 2000..Thus, the combined data strongly support the idea that nidovirus helicases may represent a separate group of RNA virus-encoded helicases with distinct properties...
- Crystallographic and biochemical analysis of rotavirus NSP2 with nucleotides reveals a nucleoside diphosphate kinase-like activityMukesh Kumar
Verna and Marrs McLean Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Virol 81:12272-84. 2007..In addition to RNA-binding and helix-destabilizing properties, NSP2 exhibits nucleoside triphosphatase activity...
- Nuclear DNA helicase II (RNA helicase A) interacts with Werner syndrome helicase and stimulates its exonuclease activityJana Friedemann
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Molecular Biotechnology, D 07708 Jena, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:31303-13. 2005..Taken together, these results suggest that NDH II plays a role in promoting the DNA processing function of WRN, which in turn might be necessary for maintaining genomic stability...
- Comparative characterization of two DEAD-box RNA helicases in superfamily II: human translation-initiation factor 4A and hepatitis C virus non-structural protein 3 (NS3) helicaseMark X Du
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Biochem J 363:147-55. 2002..The observed differences in their substrate specificity may prove to be useful in designing specific inhibitors targeting HCV NS3 helicase but not human eIF4A...
- NSs encoded by groundnut bud necrosis virus is a bifunctional enzymeBhushan Lokesh
Department of Biochemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
PLoS ONE 5:e9757. 2010..These results demonstrate for the first time that NSs is a bifunctional enzyme, which could participate in viral movement, replication or in suppression of the host defense mechanism...
- Complete genome sequence, taxonomic assignment, and comparative analysis of the untranslated regions of the Modoc virus, a flavivirus with no known vectorPieter Leyssen
Rega Institute for Medical Research, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Virology 293:125-40. 2002..Also the putative secondary structure of circularized MODV RNA is presented...
- Self-assembly of double-stranded RNA bacteriophagesMinna M Poranen
Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences, University of Helsinki, Viikinkaari 5, PL 56, FIN 00014, Finland
Virus Res 101:93-100. 2004..The in vitro studies indicate that the nucleocapsid coat protein (P8) assembles around the polymerase complex in a template-assisted manner. Implications for the assembly of other dsRNA viruses are also presented...
- Proteolytic processing of sapovirus ORF1 polyproteinTomoichiro Oka
Department of Virology II, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Gakuen 4 7 1, Musashi Murayama, Tokyo 208 0011, Japan
J Virol 79:7283-90. 2005..The cleavage map of SaV ORF1 is similar to those of other heretofore known members of the family Caliciviridae, especially to rabbit hemorrhagic disease virus, a member of the genus Lagovirus...
- Impairment of mitochondrial DNA repair enzymes against accumulation of 8-oxo-guanine in the spinal motor neurons of amyotrophic lateral sclerosisHitoshi Kikuchi
Department of Neuropathology, Neurological Institute, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Acta Neuropathol 103:408-14. 2002..by 8-oxoguanine (8-oxoG), a mitochondrial form of 8-oxoG DNA glycosylase (hOGG1) and oxidized purine nucleoside triphosphatase (hMTH1)...
- Physical and functional interaction between the mini-chromosome maintenance-like DNA helicase and the single-stranded DNA binding protein from the crenarchaeon Sulfolobus solfataricusFloriana Carpentieri
Istituto di Biochimica delle Proteine, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Via P Castellino 111, Napoli 80131, Italy
J Biol Chem 277:12118-27. 2002....
- Poxvirus DNA primaseFrank S De Silva
Laboratory of Viral Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 3210, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:18724-9. 2007..These viral primases may have roles in initiation of DNA replication or lagging-strand synthesis and represent potential therapeutic targets...
- Prodan fluorescence reflects differences in nucleotide-induced conformational states in the myosin head and allows continuous visualization of the ATPase reactionsT Hiratsuka
Department of Chemistry, Asahikawa Medical College, Hokkaido, Japan
Biochemistry 37:7167-76. 1998..Thus, the use of prodan in studies of the myosin ATPase offers a new and promising approach not only to monitoring the ATPase reaction but also to investigating the structural changes during ATP hydrolysis...
- Products and substrate/template usage of vaccinia virus DNA primaseFrank S De Silva
Laboratory of Viral Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 0445, USA
Virology 383:136-41. 2009Vaccinia virus encodes a 90-kDa protein conserved in all poxviruses, with DNA primase and nucleoside triphosphatase activities...
- Structural bioinformatics analysis of enzymes involved in the biosynthesis pathway of the hypermodified nucleoside ms(2)io(6)A37 in tRNAKatarzyna H Kaminska
Bioinformatics Laboratory, Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Adam Mickiewicz University, PL 61 614 Poznan, Poland
Proteins 70:1-18. 2008....
- NTPase and 5'-RNA triphosphatase activities of Chikungunya virus nsP2 proteinYogesh A Karpe
Hepatitis Division, National Institute of Virology, Microbial Containment Complex, Pashan, Pune, India
PLoS ONE 6:e22336. 2011..Both enzymatic activities were drastically reduced by mutations in the NTP binding motif (GKT) and co-factor, Mg(2+) ion binding motif (DEXX) suggesting that they have a common catalytic site...
- Complex changes in ecto-nucleoside 5'-triphosphate diphosphohydrolase expression in hypoxanthine phosphoribosyl transferase deficiencyVeronika Lorenz
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Regensburg, Germany
Neurosci Lett 420:6-11. 2007..These changes in NTPDase expression may reflect an (insufficient) attempt of cells to compensate for the changes in nucleotide metabolism caused by HPRT deficiency...
- MTH1, an oxidized purine nucleoside triphosphatase, suppresses the accumulation of oxidative damage of nucleic acids in the hippocampal microglia during kainate-induced excitotoxicityKosuke Kajitani
Division of Neurofunctional Genomics, Department of Immunobiology and Neuroscience, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Neurosci 26:1688-98. 2006....
- Use of molecular and ultrastructural markers to evaluate stage conversion of Toxoplasma gondii in both the intermediate and definitive hostD J P Ferguson
Nuffield Department of Pathology, Oxford University, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
Int J Parasitol 34:347-60. 2004..In conclusion, it was possible using a combination of molecular markers to identify tachyzoite, bradyzoite and coccidian development in tissue sections...
- The two-component NS2B-NS3 proteinase represses DNA unwinding activity of the West Nile virus NS3 helicaseAndrei V Chernov
Burnham Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 283:17270-8. 2008....
- Bovine viral diarrhea virus as a surrogate model of hepatitis C virus for the evaluation of antiviral agentsVictor E Buckwold
Infectious Disease Research Department, Southern Research Institute, 431 Aviation Way, Frederick MD 21701, USA
Antiviral Res 60:1-15. 2003....
- Identification and characterization of a unique, zinc-containing transport ATPase essential for natural transformation in Thermus thermophilus HB27Ilona Rose
Molecular Microbiology and Bioenergetics, Institute of Molecular Biosciences, Goethe University, Max von Laue Str 9, 60438 Frankfurt, Germany
Extremophiles 15:191-202. 2011..Deletion of the four cysteine residues led to a loss of Zn(2+). Nevertheless, the mutant protein retained ATPase activity and hexameric complex formation...
- Enzymatic characterization of hepatitis C virus NS3/4A complexes expressed in mammalian cells by using the herpes simplex virus amplicon systemZ Hong
Antiviral Chemotherapy and Structural Chemistry Departments, Schering Plough Research Institute, Kenilworth, New Jersey 07033 0539
J Virol 70:4261-8. 1996..NS(363)/4A unwinds RNA duplexes with 3' but not 5' single-stranded overhangs, suggesting that the NS3 RNA helicase functions in a 3'-to-5' direction...
- Purification, characterization, cloning, and expression of the chicken liver ecto-ATP-diphosphohydrolaseAileen F Knowles
Department of Chemistry, San Diego State University, CA 92182 1030, USA
Eur J Biochem 269:2373-82. 2002....
- Induction of intracellular membrane rearrangements by HAV proteins 2C and 2BCN L Teterina
School of Biological Sciences, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Virology 237:66-77. 1997..On the other hand, 2C, but not 2BC, protein from the cp strain of HAV induced different membrane structures...
- Characterization of a rhesus monkey calicivirus representing a new genus of CaliciviridaeTibor Farkas
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Virol 82:5408-16. 2008..Although the pathogenicity of TV in rhesus macaques remains to be elucidated, the likelihood of TV causing intestinal infection and the availability of a tissue culture system make this virus a valuable surrogate for human CVs...
- Crystal structure of VC0702 at 2.0 A: conserved hypothetical protein from Vibrio choleraeShuisong Ni
Biological Sciences Division, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, Washington 99352, USA
Proteins 63:733-41. 2006....
- Roles of the AX(4)GKS and arginine-rich motifs of hepatitis C virus RNA helicase in ATP- and viral RNA-binding activityS C Chang
Institutes of Microbiology, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Virol 74:9732-7. 2000The nonstructural protein 3 (NS3) of hepatitis C virus (HCV) possesses protease, nucleoside triphosphatase, and helicase activities...
- Classical swine fever virus NS3 enhances RNA-dependent RNA polymerase activity by binding to NS5BPing Wang
Research Institute for Agricultural Microbiology, College of Life and Environment Sciences, Shanghai Normal University, Shanghai, 200234, China
Virus Res 148:17-23. 2010..Results showed that stimulation of CSFV NS5B RdRp activity was obtained by NS3 binding to NS5B through a 31-amino acid fragment at the N-terminal end of NS3 protease domain, which mediated a specific NS3-NS5B interaction...
- Identification and Analysis of Flavivirus Protease and RNA Helicase InhibitorsRadhakrishnan Padmanabhan; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- MECHANISM-BASED DRUG SELECTION AND DESIGN: NUCLEOTIDE SABuddy Ullman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Concurrent experiments will determine how NTPase functions in AK HGXPRT-, and AT parasites, identify the protein(s) which regulate NTPase enzymatic activity, and evaluate the impact of abrogating NTPase expression on parasite viability. ..
- Intracellular immunization strategy in inhibit HCV related liver cancerSrikanta Dash; Fiscal Year: 2010..If this project becomes successful then it can lead to a potential therapy to treat chronic hepatitis C infection and prevent liver cancer. ..
- Targeting the DHX9 Helicase for Small Molecule Probe DiscoveryJerry Pelletier; Fiscal Year: 2013..A set of cell-based assays will be developed to evaluate the effects of small molecule inhibitors on DHX9- dependent translation and on synthetic lethal relationships for triggering cancer cell death. ..
- STRUCTURE BASED ANALYSIS OF DENGUE VIRUS SERINE PROTEASEKrishna Murthy; Fiscal Year: 2004..It will also permit a structural definition of alternate targets for inhibition of the protease and their detailed evaluation. ..
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS OF DENGUE VIRUS ANTIGENS NS3 AND NS5Radhakrishnan Padmanabhan; Fiscal Year: 2003..4. NS3/NS5 interaction is regulated by phosphorylation and subcellular location of NS5. The PI proposes to test the hypothesis that the nuclear NS5 regulates the expression of cellular gene(s) in response to viral infection. ..
- ACTION OF GONADOTROPINS AND EICOSANOIDS IN LUTEAL CELLSCH RAO; Fiscal Year: 1992..binding sites, we have succeeded in demonstrating the presence of gonadotropin, PGE and PGF2a responsive nucleoside triphosphatase (NTPase), an enzyme involved in nucleocytoplasmic transfer of mRNA, in bovine luteal nuclear membranes...
- ALTERED RNA COMPARTMENTATION IN CARCINOGENESISGary Clawson; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- A NOVEL APPROACH TO TARGET INFLAMMATION AND THROMBOSISHarshal Nandurkar; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ability of CD39 expression to modify atherosclerosis, will be analyzed in the CD39 transgenic mice and CD39-null mice bred on a background of apolipoprotein E-null and low density lipoprotein receptor-null mice. ..
- GENE FUNCTIONS AND MOLECULAR GENETICS OF RNA VIRUSESPaul Ahlquist; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results will advance understanding and control of widespread viral diseases, and understanding of normal cell functions relevant to other disease processes. ..
- Biochemical Mechanism of Poxvirus ReplicationMICHAEL O DONNELL; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Functions of NS3 in HCV RNA ReplicationMinkyung Yi; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS IN REOVIRUS TRANSCRIPTION & CAPPINGMAX NIBERT; Fiscal Year: 2000..positions and domain organizations of all five core proteins, (2) to investigate the RNA-dependent nucleoside triphosphatase activity in cores and to identify its role in transcription or capping, (3) to affiliate the four ..
- REGULATION OF ALPHAVIRUS TRANSCRIPTIONDOROTHEA SAWICKI; Fiscal Year: 2000..3. To purify and characterize replication complexes from infected cells and to identify essential host factors. ..
- MECHANISM AND REGULATION OF TRANSCRIPTION INITIATIONSmita Patel; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- FASEB CONFERENCE: HELICASES: STRUCTURE, FUNCTIONSmita Patel; Fiscal Year: 2003..This is the second FASEB meeting on this subject and only the fourth meeting dedicated to helicases since discovery of the first helicase about 25 years ago. ..
- Structural mechanism of DNA segregation by the pSK41 par systemMaria Schumacher; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, understanding the structural basis for DNA segregation by this par system will provide several points of potential therapeutic intervention against pSK41 harboring multidrug resistant S. aureus strains. ..
- CARDIAC CONTRACTILE KINETICSMichael Regnier; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- PARACRINE REGULATION OF BILE DUCT SECRETION BY ATPJONATHAN DRANOFF; Fiscal Year: 2004..The Yale School of Medicine Department of Internal Medicine has pledged that the candidate will have extensive protected research time and excellent resources for the duration of the award. ..
- Structural studies on the P1 plasmid partition apparatusMaria Schumacher; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Regulation of Bile Ductular ProliferationJONATHAN DRANOFF; Fiscal Year: 2009..We anticipate that the results of these proposed experiments will lead to novel pharmacologic approaches for the regulation of bile ductular proliferation in biliary cirrhosis. ..
- Assemby and Recombination of dsRNA Bacteriophage phi8Leonard Mindich; Fiscal Year: 2004..Since reverse genetic techniques and in vitro genomic packaging are not available for these viruses, the cystoviridae (dsRNA bacteriophages) offer a valuable model for system for the study of the eukaryotic systems. ..
- GENE REGULATION OF MAMMALIAN DNA VIRUSESRichard Moyer; Fiscal Year: 2005..Their studies are intended to provide an understanding of how poxvirus serpins function by detailing their interactions with proteinases and with other cellular and viral proteins. ..
- Structural studies on the Initiator protein, IBP39.Maria Schumacher; Fiscal Year: 2008..vaginalis suggests it is a possible target for the treatment of trichomoniasis, which afflicts over 170 million individuals each _,ear, ..
- Packaging of the Segmented Genome of Bacteriophage Phi6Leonard Mindich; Fiscal Year: 2008..There is no current understanding of the genomic packaging of the reoviridae, segmented dsRNA viruses that cause disease in plants and animals, including humans. ..
- Poxvirus proteins involved in virion binding, membrane fusion, & entry into cellsRichard Moyer; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our studies are intended to provide an understanding of how poxvirus serpins function by detailing their interactions with proteinases and with other cellular and viral proteins. ..
- Pathogenesis and Gene Regulation of EntomopoxvirusRichard Moyer; Fiscal Year: 2005..Each gene will be evaluated for biochemical function. Collectively, the proposed experiments will elucidate added diversity by which viruses counter the defenses of host organisms. ..
- NTPDase2 expression and function in the liverJONATHAN DRANOFF; Fiscal Year: 2005..The experiments proposed in these specific aims will provide the basis of several new lines of liver disease research and should provide novel therapeutic targets for treatment of cholestatic and fibrotic liver disease. ..
- West Nile Virus Life Cycle in Flavivirus-Resistant CellsPei Yong Shi; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of ENaC by Serine Proteases in AirwaysScott Donaldson; Fiscal Year: 2006..The PI's long term goals are to provide important new insights into the basic elements of airway defense, CF lung disease, and to bring these findings to the development of novel therapies for CF lung disease. ..