Genomes and Genes
Summary: This is one of the 2 related pepsinogen systems in humans. It is found in prostate and seminal fluid whereas PEPSINOGEN A is not.
Publications164 found, 100 shown here
- Accuracy and cut-off values of pepsinogens I, II and gastrin 17 for diagnosis of gastric fundic atrophy: influence of gastritisDariush Nasrollahzadeh
Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 6:e26957. 2011..pylori) in Northern Iran, we performed an endoscopy-room-based validation study...
- Predictive factors for metachronous gastric cancer in high-risk patients after successful Helicobacter pylori eradicationAkiko Shiotani
Department of Internal Medicine, Kawasaki Medical School, Kurashiki, Japan
Digestion 78:113-9. 2008..Helicobacter pylori eradication following endoscopic mucosal resection of early gastric cancer reduces the risk of metachronous gastric cancer...
- Meta-analysis on the validity of pepsinogen test for gastric carcinoma, dysplasia or chronic atrophic gastritis screeningM Dinis-Ribeiro
Showa University, Tokyo, Japan
J Med Screen 11:141-7. 2004..To assess the validity of the measurement of pepsinogen I and II as a screening test for gastric cancer and pre-malignant lesions, namely low-grade dysplasia, both in the general population and in selected groups of patients...
- Serum pepsinogens and risk of esophageal squamous dysplasiaFarin Kamangar
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 7232, USA
Int J Cancer 124:456-60. 2009..03. Lower serum PGI/II ratio was linearly associated with higher risk of ESD. This result is consistent with recent findings that gastric atrophy may increase the risk of ESCC...
- Dynamic expression of pepsinogen C in gastric cancer, precancerous lesions and Helicobacter pylori associated gastric diseasesPei fang Ning
Cancer Institute of the First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, Liaoning Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:2545-8. 2005To investigate the relationship between the expression of pepsinogen C (PGC) and gastric cancer, precancerous diseases, and Helicobacter pylori (H pylori) infection.
- Pepsinogens, progastricsins, and prochymosins: structure, function, evolution, and developmentT Kageyama
Center for Human Evolution Modeling Research, Primate Research Institute, Kyoto University, Inuyama, Japan
Cell Mol Life Sci 59:288-306. 2002..The switching of gene expression from fetal/infant to adult-type pepsinogens during postnatal development is noteworthy, being regulated by several factors, including steroid hormones...
- Combination of gastric atrophy, reflux symptoms and histological subtype indicates two distinct aetiologies of gastric cardia cancerM H Derakhshan
Section of Gastroenterology, Division of Cardiovascular and Medical Sciences, Western Infirmary, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, G11 6NT, UK
Gut 57:298-305. 2008..We have investigated the association between adenocarcinoma of the different regions of the upper gastrointestinal tract and atrophic gastritis and GORD symptoms...
- Serum pepsinogen II: a neglected but useful biomarker to differentiate between diseased and normal stomachsCai Yun He
Tumor Etiology and Screening Department of Cancer Institute and General Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang, China
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 26:1039-46. 2011..We refocused on this neglected but novel biomarker and conducted the present study, aiming to elucidate the normal level of sPGII in healthy Chinese patients and to investigate the clinical utility of sPGII for gastric disease screening...
- Gastric histology, serological markers and age as predictors of gastric acid secretion in patients infected with Helicobacter pyloriM H Derakhshan
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Western Infirmary, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
J Clin Pathol 59:1293-9. 2006..Acid secretion is intimately associated with most upper gastrointestinal diseases. Helicobacter pylori infection is a major environmental factor modifying acid secretion...
- Analysis of ABC (D) stratification for screening patients with gastric cancerTomohiro Kudo
Department of Medicine and Molecular Science, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Maebashi, Gunma 371 8511, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 17:4793-8. 2011..To evaluate the value of ABC (D) stratification [combination of serum pepsinogen and Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) antibody] of patients with gastric cancer...
- The evolution of pepsinogen C genes in vertebrates: duplication, loss and functional diversificationLuis Filipe Costa Castro
CIMAR Associate Laboratory, CIIMAR Interdisciplinary Centre of Marine and Environmental Research, UPorto University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
PLoS ONE 7:e32852. 2012..An important member among the pepsinogens is pepsinogen C (Pgc)...
- 'Serological biopsy' in first-degree relatives of patients with gastric cancer affected by Helicobacter pylori infectionF Di Mario
Dept of Clinical Science, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Scand J Gastroenterol 38:1223-7. 2003..pylori (IgG-Hp). both functional and morphological features of gastric mucosa in Hp + ve subjects with a family history of gastric cancer...
- Clinical use of proton-pump inhibitors but not H2-blockers or antacid/alginates raises the serum levels of amidated gastrin-17, pepsinogen I and pepsinogen II in a random adult populationLars Agreus
Centre for Family Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 44:564-70. 2009..The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of these compounds on serum levels of amidated gastrin-17 (G-17) and pepsinogens (PGI & PGII) in a large, random, adult Swedish population sample with uninfected stomach mucosa...
- Mechanism of activation of the gastric aspartic proteinases: pepsinogen, progastricsin and prochymosinC Richter
Department of Food Science, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON N1G 2W1, Canada
Biochem J 335:481-90. 1998..The mechanism of activation of the gastric aspartic proteinases and the contribution of the prosegment to this mechanism are discussed, along with future directions for research...
- Pepsinogen C proteolytic processing of surfactant protein BKristin D Gerson
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 283:10330-8. 2008..We previously identified pepsinogen C as an alveolar type 2 cell-specific protease that was developmentally regulated in the human fetal lung...
- Serum pepsinogens and risk of gastric and oesophageal cancers in the General Population Nutrition Intervention Trial cohortJ S Ren
Cancer Institute of the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Gut 58:636-42. 2009..We aimed to prospectively test the association between serum PGI/II ratio and risks of gastric non-cardia adenocarcinoma, gastric cardia adenocarcinoma, and oesophageal squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC)...
- Histologic and serum risk markers for noncardia early gastric cancerAkiko Shiotani
Health Administration Center, Wakayama University, Wakayama City, Japan
Int J Cancer 115:463-9. 2005..Annual endoscopic follow-up is warranted for patients with IM found at the greater curvature of the corpus...
- Two distinct aetiologies of cardia cancer; evidence from premorbid serological markers of gastric atrophy and Helicobacter pylori statusSvein Hansen
The Cancer Registry of Norway, Institute of Population Based Cancer Research, Oslo, Norway
Gut 56:918-25. 2007..Non-cardia gastric adenocarcinoma is positively associated with Helicobacter pylori infection and atrophic gastritis. The role of H pylori infection and atrophic gastritis in cardia cancer is unclear...
- Effect of smoking on serum pepsinogen I level depends on serological status of Helicobacter pyloriM Tatemichi
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, Toho University School of Medicine, Ota-ku, Tokyo 143-8540, Japan
Jpn J Cancer Res 92:243-8. 2001..These data indicate that current smoking influences the serum PG I level depending on Hp-IgG titer and the associations between sPGs and Hp-IgG titer. Gastrin is not involved in the modification of PG I levels by smoking...
- Serum biomarkers provide an accurate method for diagnosis of atrophic gastritis in a general population: The Kalixanda studyTom Storskrubb
Centre for Family and Community Medicine, Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 43:1448-55. 2008....
- Long-term effect of smoking on serum pepsinogen valuesShogo Kikuchi
Department of Public Health, Aichi Medical University School of Medicine, Yazako, Japan
J Epidemiol 12:351-6. 2002..The serum pepsinogen I to II ratio (PG I/II) is related to the risk of stomach cancer. Smoking is an established risk factor for stomach cancer. The effect of smoking on the change in PG I/II over a 7-year span was investigated...
- Clinical usefulness of serum pepsinogen II in the management of Helicobacter pylori infectionFrancesco Di Mario
Department of Clinical Sciences, Chair of Gastroenterology, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Digestion 70:167-72. 2004..Serum pepsinogen II (sPGII) levels are known to increase during Helicobacter pylori infection...
- The role of prostate specific membrane antigen and pepsinogen C tissue expression as an adjunctive method to prostate cancer diagnosisAlberto A Antunes
Division of Urology, Laboratory of Medicine Investigation, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Urol 181:594-600. 2009..We analyzed the diagnostic value of 6 genes in the tissue of patients with prostate cancer...
- Epidemiology of chronic atrophic gastritis: population-based study among 9444 older adults from GermanyM N Weck
Division of Clinical Epidemiology and Aging Research, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 26:879-87. 2007..Epidemiological data on chronic atrophic gastritis from general population samples are sparse in Germany...
- Characterization of pepsinogen C as a potential biomarker for gastric cancer using a histo-proteomic approachChristian Melle
Core Unit Chip Application CUCA, Institute of Human Genetics and Anthropology, Friedrich Schiller University, 07740 Jena, Germany
J Proteome Res 4:1799-804. 2005..One peak was significantly down-regulated in tumor tissue (P = 1.43 x 10(-6)) and identified as pepsinogen C using MS/MS analysis and immunodepletion. This signal was further characterized by immunohistochemistry...
- Expression of androgen receptor and two androgen-induced proteins (apolipoprotein D and pepsinogen C) in ductal carcinoma in situ of the breastL O Gonzalez
Instituto Universitario de Oncologí, a del Principado de Asturias, Hospital de Jove, Gijon, Spain
Histopathology 50:866-74. 2007To evaluate the expression of androgen receptors (AR) and two androgen-induced proteins [apolipoprotein D (ApoD) and pepsinogen C (PepC)] in ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) of the breast.
- Usefulness of serum pepsinogens in Helicobacter pylori chronic gastritis: relationship with inflammation, activity, and density of the bacteriumFrancesco Di Mario
Chair of Gastroenterology, Department of Clinical Sciences, University of Parma, Via Gramsci 14, 43100 Parma, Italy
Dig Dis Sci 51:1791-5. 2006..33, P < .001) and intestinal metaplasia (r = -0.37, P < .001) in the corpus. sPGII levels could be considered as markers of gastric inflammation all over in the stomach. sPGI levels are inversely related to atrophic body gastritis...
- Serum pepsinogen I, pepsinogen II, and gastrin 17 in relatives of gastric cancer patients: comparative study with type and severity of gastritisArghavan Haj-Sheykholeslami
Department of Gastroenterology, Digestive Disease Research Center, Shariati Hospital, Tehran, Iran
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:174-9. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate the potential of biomarkers pepsinogen I (PGI), pepsinogen II (PGII), their ratio (PG I:II), as well as gastrin 17 for screening of precancerous conditions and corpus predominant gastritis...
- [Expression of pepsinogen C in gastric cancer and its precursor]Pei fang Ning
Cancer Institute of the First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 84:818-21. 2004To investigate the dynamic expression of pepsinogen C (PGC) and its value in detection of precursor and gastric cancer.
- Progastriscin: structure, function, and its role in tumor progressionMd Imtaiyaz Hassan
Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Basic Sciences, Jamia Millia Islamia, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi 110025, India
J Mol Cell Biol 2:118-27. 2010..Our detailed review of PGC structure, function and activation mechanism will also be of interest to cancer biologists as well as gastroenterologists...
- Plasma pepsinogens, antibodies against Helicobacter pylori, and risk of gastric cancer in the Shanghai Women's Health Study CohortC C Abnet
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Executive Plaza South, Room 320, 6120 Executive Boulevard, MSC 7232, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Br J Cancer 104:1511-6. 2011..We tested the association between gastric cancer and plasma pepsinogens and antibodies against Helicobacter pylori in a case-control study nested in a prospective cohort...
- Amphibian pepsinogens: purification and characterization of xenopus pepsinogens, and molecular cloning of Xenopus and bullfrog pepsinogensM Ikuzawa
Life Science Institute, Sophia University, Kioi-cho Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8554, Japan
J Biochem 129:147-53. 2001..Thus, the Xenopus pepsin C differs significantly from other vertebrate pepsins C in its high susceptibility to pepstatin, and closely resembles A-type pepsins...
- Alteration of correlation between serum pepsinogen concentrations and gastric acid secretion after H. pylori eradicationKatsunori Iijima
Division of Gastroenterology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Aobaku, Sendai, Japan
J Gastroenterol 44:819-25. 2009..pylori eradication, the correlation between these two parameters could be different prior to and after eradication. In this study, we investigated the correlation between the two parameters prior to and after eradication...
- Validity of serum pepsinogen I/II ratio for the diagnosis of gastric epithelial dysplasia and intestinal metaplasia during the follow-up of patients at risk for intestinal-type gastric adenocarcinomaMario Dinis-Ribeiro
Department of Gastroenterology, Oncology Portuguese Institute, Oporto, Portugal
Neoplasia 6:449-56. 2004..PGI/PGII serum level ratio can be used even in the management of patients with a high a priori probability for a positive test. It may be useful for the exclusion of more advanced lesions (extensive IM and neoplastic lesions)...
- Pepsinogen C: a type 2 cell-specific proteaseCherie Foster
Abramson Research Center 416G, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3516 Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4318, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 286:L382-7. 2004b>Pepsinogen C, also known as progastricsin or pepsinogen II, is an aspartic protease expressed primarily in gastric chief cells...
- Pepsinogen A, pepsinogen C, and gastrin as markers of atrophic chronic gastritis in European dyspepticsN Broutet
Unité d Epidémiologie des Maladies Digestives, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux, Cedex, France
Br J Cancer 88:1239-47. 2003..The aim of this study was to validate these serum biomarkers, that is pepsinogen A (PGA), pepsinogen C (PGC), PGA/PGC ratio, and gastrin, as screening tests for precancerous lesions: atrophic chronic gastritis (ACG)..
- Circulating ghrelin levels in patients with various upper gastrointestinal diseasesHajime Isomoto
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 50:833-8. 2005..Further investigation is warranted to unravel the mechanisms of the high circulating ghrelin levels in certain upper gastrointestinal diseases...
- Clinical usefulness of serum pepsinogens I and II, gastrin-17 and anti-Helicobacterpylori antibodies in the management of dyspeptic patients in primary careB Germana
Gastroenterology Unit, S Martino Hospital, Belluno, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 37:501-8. 2005..Several tests have been proposed for evaluating dyspeptic symptoms and their relationship to the underlying gastric disease. Serum pepsinogens and gastrin-17 are known to be useful biomarkers for the detection of gastric pathologies...
- Association between serum pepsinogens and polymorphismof PTPN11 encoding SHP-2 among Helicobacter pylori seropositive JapaneseYasuyuki Goto
Department of Gastroenterology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Int J Cancer 118:203-8. 2006..The functional consequences of the G/A polymorphism remain to be elucidated...
- Relationship between pepsinogen I&II and H. pylori infection considered with grade of atrophy and gastroduodenal diseasesMikio Karita
Internal Medicine, Hofu Onsen Hospital, 1640, Daidou, Houfu shi, Yamaguchi, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 48:1839-45. 2003..In conclusion, Up-regulation of PG I&II is strongly associated with Hp infection and may lead to ulcer formation...
- Relationship between Helicobacter pylori status and serum pepsinogens as serologic markers in atrophic gastritisCengiz Bolukbas
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medicine, Harran University, Sanliurfa, and Department of Gastroenterology, Haydarpasa Numune Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 17:172-6. 2006..pylori-positive patients with atrophic gastritis...
- Long-term strict monitoring of plasma ghrelin and other serological markers of gastric diseases after Helicobacter pylori eradicationTatsuhiro Masaoka
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 52:1-4. 2005..pylori eradication therapy, the observations suggesting that reduction of plasma ghrelin levels cannot be achieved merely by H. pylori eradication, without resolution of the gastric atrophy...
- Acid-suppressive effects of rabeprazole: comparing 10mg and 20mg twice daily in Japanese Helicobacter pylori-negative and -positive CYP2C19 extensive metabolisersT Shimatani
Department of General Medicine, Hiroshima University Hospital, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Dig Liver Dis 38:802-8. 2006..pylori) and is also proposed as therapy for refractory gastro-oesophageal reflux disease. However, there has not been a comprehensive assessment of its acid-suppressive effects...
- Helicobacter pylori and ghrelin: Interrelated players in body-weight regulation?David E Cummings
Am J Med 117:436-9. 2004
- Low plasma ghrelin levels in patients with Helicobacter pylori-associated gastritisHajime Isomoto
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Atomic Bomb Disease Institute, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Japan
Am J Med 117:429-32. 2004
- Plasma ghrelin concentration correlates with the levels of serum pepsinogen I and pepsinogen I/II ratio--a possible novel and non-invasive marker for gastric atrophyHidekazu Suzuki
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 51:1249-54. 2004..The present study was designed to investigate the correlation between the plasma ghrelin levels and the extent of gastric mucosal atrophy in patients with chronic gastritis caused by H. pylori infection...
- Problem of distinguishing false-positive tests from acute or transient Helicobacter pylori infectionsZhannat Z Nurgalieva
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Helicobacter 11:69-74. 2006..The high prevalence of false-positive non-invasive tests in low H. pylori prevalence populations makes identification of acute and transient infections difficult...
- Anti-parietal cell antibody and serum pepsinogen assessment in screening for gastric carcinomaK Sugiu
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kawasaki Medical School, Matsushima 577, Kurashiki 701 0192, Japan
Dig Liver Dis 38:303-7. 2006..Anti-parietal cell antibody is found in patients with Helicobacter pylori-positive gastritis and is related to atrophic gastritis and gastric carcinoma...
- Effect of Helicobacter pylori infection combined with CagA and pepsinogen status on gastric cancer development among Japanese men and women: a nested case-control studyShizuka Sasazuki
Epidemiology and Prevention Division, Research Center for Cancer Prevention and Screening, National Cancer Center, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:1341-7. 2006..Although accumulating evidence suggests that Helicobacter pylori plays a role in gastric carcinogenesis, the magnitude of the risk remains uncertain...
- [Pepsinogen I, pepsinogen II, and pepsinogen I/II ratio]Kazumasa Miki
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine Ohmori, School of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Toho University
Nihon Rinsho 63:741-3. 2005
- Broccoli consumption and chronic atrophic gastritis among Japanese males: an epidemiological investigationKyoko Sato
Department of Hygiene and Preventive Medicine, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Acta Med Okayama 58:127-33. 2004..12-8.38; P < 0.05), after controlling for age, education, cigarette smoking, and alcohol consumption. The present study failed to show an expected association between frequent broccoli consumption and a low prevalence of CAG...
- Teprenone, but not H2-receptor blocker or sucralfate, suppresses corpus Helicobacter pylori colonization and gastritis in humans: teprenone inhibition of H. pylori-induced interleukin-8 in MKN28 gastric epithelial cell linesKazumasa Miyake
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Department of Pathology, Tokyo, Japan
Helicobacter 9:130-7. 2004..pylori gastritis. We then examined its in vitro effect on H. pylori-induced interleukin (IL)-8 production in MKN28 gastric epithelial cells...
- Helicobacter pylori eradication therapy for the remnant stomach after gastrectomyNorio Matsukura
Surgery for Organ Function and Biological Regulation First Department of Surgery, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5 Sendagi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8603, Japan
Gastric Cancer 6:100-7. 2003..Here, we report on eradication therapy of Helicobacter pylori in the remnant stomach, comparing the eradication rate with that in unoperated stomachs. We examined gross and histological changes after treatment...
- [Evaluation of serum pepsinogen I , II and osteopontin co-detection in gastric cancer screening]Yue Hua Gong
Cancer Institute of The First Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 28:691-3. 2006..To explore the value of combined assay of serum PG and OPN concentration for gastric cancer screening...
- Serum levels of pepsinogen I, pepsinogen II, and gastrin-17 in the course of Helicobacter pylori gastritis in pediatricsNicolas Kalach
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 39:568-9. 2004
- [Potentialities of a serological method in diagnosis of atrophic gastritis]S I Pimenov
Ter Arkh 80:15-21. 2008..To analyse diagnostic potential of "serological gastrobiopsy" in patients with various gastroduodenal diseases...
- [Detection of gastric preneoplastic lesions with serum levels of pepsinogen in Chilean subjects]José Ignacio Fernández F
Becado de Cirugía General, Universidad de Valparaíso Campo Clínico Hospital Clínico de la Fuerza Aérea de Chile
Rev Med Chil 135:1519-25. 2007..Determination of serum pepsinogen llevéis (PGI) and pepsinogen I / pepsinogen II ratio (PGI/PGII) can detect this conditions; achieving 70-90% of gastric cancer detection in early stages...
- Different etiological role of Helicobacter pylori (Hp) infection in carcinogenesis between differentiated and undifferentiated gastric cancers: a nested case-control study using IgG titer against Hp surface antigenMasayuki Tatemichi
Epidemiology and Prevention Division, Research Center for Cancer Prevention and Screening, National Cancer Center, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Oncol 47:360-5. 2008....
- [Biochemical and immunological criteria for evaluation of gastric mucosa in tumor and non-tumor pathology]M N Uspenskiĭ
Vopr Onkol 53:304-10. 2007
- Serum pepsinogen levels and their influencing factors: a population-based study in 6990 Chinese from North ChinaLi Ping Sun
Cancer Institute, First Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, 155 Nanjing North Street, Shenyang 110001, Liaoning Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 13:6562-7. 2007....
- Serological comparison of serum pepsinogen and anti-parietal cell antibody levels between Japanese and German patientsMasanori Ito
First Department of Internal Medicine, Hiroshima University School of Medicine, Higashi Hiroshima, Japan
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 14:123-7. 2002..Atrophic gastritis is more common in Japan than in Germany. The expression of anti-parietal cell antibody has been implicated in the genesis of atrophic gastritis associated with Helicobacter pylori infection...
- [Serological diagnosis of atrophic gastritis with a combination of pepsinogen I and II, gastrin-17 and anti-Helicobacter pylori antibodies]Julio Valle Muñoz
Servicio de Aparato Digestivo, Hospital Virgen de la Salud, Toledo, Espana
Gastroenterol Hepatol 30:567-71. 2007..In the present study, we evaluated the utility of a serological panel combining pepsinogen I and II, gastrin-17, and anti-Helicobacter pylori antibodies (Gastropanel) as a screening method for atrophic gastritis...
- The effect of 5-year vitamin C supplementation on serum pepsinogen level and Helicobacter pylori infectionShizuka Sasazuki
Epidemiology and Biostatistics Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute East, Kashiwa 277 8577, Japan
Cancer Sci 94:378-82. 2003..25 for the low-dose group and - 0.13 for the high-dose group (P = 0.046). To conclude, vitamin C supplementation may protect against progression of gastric mucosal atrophy...
- Interleukin 1beta polymorphisms increase risk of hypochlorhydria and atrophic gastritis and reduce risk of duodenal ulcer recurrence in JapanTakahisa Furuta
First Department of Medicine, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Gastroenterology 123:92-105. 2002..This study aimed to examine effects of these polymorphisms on gastric acid secretion, atrophic gastritis, and risk of peptic ulcer in Japan...
- Impact of Helicobacter pylori infection and mucosal atrophy on gastric lesions in patients with familial adenomatous polyposisS Nakamura
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Gut 51:485-9. 2002..The role of Helicobacter pylori and atrophic gastritis in the pathogenesis of gastric lesions in familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) has not been clarified...
- Ratio between serum IL-8 and pepsinogen A/C: a marker for atrophic body gastritisS Sanduleanu
Department of Gastroenterology Hepatology, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Invest 33:147-54. 2003..This study tested the hypothesis that serum cytokines provide additional information to gastrin and pepsinogens in screening for ABG...
- Pepsinogens A and C: purification from human gastric mucosa and determination in serum by optimized radioimmunoassaysK J Hengels
Department of Medicine, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf
Z Gastroenterol 27:406-11. 1989Pepsinogen A and pepsinogen C were purified from human gastric mucosa. The preparations were immunochemically homogeneous and contained only their characteristic components...
- Organ-specific autoantibodies in children with Helicobacter pylori infectionGraziella Guariso
Department of Pediatrics, University of Padua, Italy
Helicobacter 9:622-8. 2004....
- Immunofluorometric assay of pepsinogen C and preliminary clinical applicationsE P Diamandis
Department of Pathology, Mount Sinai Hospital, Canada
Clin Chem 43:1365-71. 1997We developed mouse monoclonal antibodies (Abs) against pepsinogen C with highly purified antigen isolated from gastric mucosa...
- Rodent monophyly deduced from the unique gastric proteinase constitution and molecular phylogenetic analyses using pepsinogen-C cDNA sequencesYuichi Narita
Center for Human Evolution Modeling Research, Primate Research Institute, Kyoto University, Inuyama 484 8506, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics 1:273-82. 2006..Although pepsinogen A is predominant in most mammalian species hitherto known, pepsinogen C is expressed exclusively and the lack of pepsinogen A is evidenced in the rat and guinea pig...
- A comparative study on the NH2-terminal amino acid sequences and some other properties of six isozymic forms of human pepsinogens and pepsinsS B Athauda
Department of Biophysics and Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Tokyo
J Biochem 106:920-7. 1989Six pepsinogen isozymogens, including five forms of pepsinogen A (PGA) and an apparently single form of pepsinogen C (PGC), were isolated simultaneously from the purified total pepsinogen fraction of human gastric mucosa by fast protein ..
- Transforming growth factor alpha disrupts the normal program of cellular differentiation in the gastric mucosa of transgenic miceR Sharp
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Development 121:149-61. 1995..7-fold decrease in the expression of genes encoding H+,K(+)-ATPase, which is required for acid secretion, and pepsinogen C, respectively...
- Molecular cloning of neonate/infant-specific pepsinogens from rat stomach mucosa and their expressional change during developmentT Kageyama
Center for Human Evolutionary Modeling Research, Primate Research Institute, Kyoto University, Inuyama, 484 8506, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 267:806-12. 2000..and pepsinogen F are expressed only at neonatal/infant stages and the switching of gene expression to that of pepsinogen C occurred at late infant stages...
- Structural and phylogenetic comparison of three pepsinogens from Pacific bluefin tuna: molecular evolution of fish pepsinogensMasao Tanji
Department of Biophysics and Biochemistry, Graduate School of Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 152:9-19. 2009..and phylogenetic analysis indicated that PG1 and PG2 belong to the pepsinogen A family and PG3 to the pepsinogen C family...
- Impaired gastric gland differentiation in Peutz-Jeghers syndromeLina Udd
Institute of Biotechnology and Genome Scale Biology Research Program, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Am J Pathol 176:2467-76. 2010..Both antral and fundic polyps were characterized by a deficit of pepsinogen C-expressing differentiated gland cells (antral gland, mucopeptic, and chief cells); in large fundic polyps, ..
- Isolation and characterization of a pepsin C zymogen produced by human breast tissuesL M Sanchez
Departamento de Biologia Funcional, Universidad de Oviedo, Spain
J Biol Chem 267:24725-31. 1992..The amino-terminal sequence of the purified breast proteinase was identical to that corresponding to gastric pepsinogen C. Additional data on cleavage specificity, pH optimum, and immunological properties supported the close ..
- Stomach remodeling-associated changes of H+/K+-ATPase beta subunit expression in Xenopus laevis and H+/K+-ATPase-dependent acid secretion in tadpole stomachMasayuki Ikuzawa
Life Science Institute, Sophia University, 7 1 Kioi cho, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 102 8554, Japan
J Exp Zool A Comp Exp Biol 301:992-1002. 2004..Based on studies using this ATPase as well as xP1 and PgC (pepsinogen C) as molecular markers, this study discusses a probable cell lineage involved in metamorphosis-associated ..
- Methylation and expression of human pepsinogen genes in normal tissues and their alteration in stomach cancerM Ichinose
First Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo
Jpn J Cancer Res 82:686-92. 1991In normal human tissues, pepsinogen A mRNA was expressed only in the fundic mucosa of the stomach, whereas pepsinogen C mRNA was expressed in all regions of the stomach mucosa and also in the proximal duodenal mucosa...
- Expression of homeobox gene CDX2 precedes that of CDX1 during the progression of intestinal metaplasiaAkashi Eda
Department of Gastroenterology, Jichi Medical School, Kawachi, Tochigi, Japan
J Gastroenterol 37:94-100. 2002..Accordingly, we examined the expression of CDX1/2 and its association with the expression of other intestinal metaplasia-associated genes during the development of intestinal metaplasia...
- Purification and characterization of pepsinogens from the gastric mucosa of African coelacanth, Latimeria chalumnae, and properties of the major pepsinsMasao Tanji
Department of Biophysics and Biochemistry, Graduate School of Science, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8654, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 146:412-20. 2007..the N-terminal propeptide sequences indicates that PG1 and PG2 belong to the pepsinogen A group, and PG3 to the pepsinogen C group...
- Pepsinogen A and C serum levels in relation to acute NSAID-associated mucosal lesions in healthy volunteersL Aabakken
Dept of Gastroenterology, Ulleval Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Scand J Gastroenterol 28:557-60. 1993..The relation between serum levels of pepsinogen A (PGA) and pepsinogen C (PGC) and endoscopic findings in association with short-term NSAID use was investigated in two double-blind, ..
- Primary structure of human pepsinogen C geneT Hayano
Department of Biochemistry, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo
J Biol Chem 263:1382-5. 1988The entire human pepsinogen C gene has been isolated from a cosmid genomic library. The nucleotide sequences of all the exons and the 5'- and 3'-flanking regions of the gene are presented...
- RAB26 and RAB3D are direct transcriptional targets of MIST1 that regulate exocrine granule maturationXiaoLin Tian
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, Box 8118, 660 S Euclid Ave, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:1269-84. 2010..transfected human gastric cancer cell lines stably expressing MIST1 with red fluorescent protein (RFP)-tagged pepsinogen C, a key secretory product of ZCs...
- Is it possible with an immunophenotypic study to foresee the oncologic risk of epithelial gastric dysplasia?Gianni Testino
Unit of Hepato Gastroenterology, S Martino Hospital, Genova, Italy
Hepatogastroenterology 49:601-3. 2002..The aim of this experience was to verify whether there are any immunohistochemical evaluations which may enable one to foresee more precisely the evolution of epithelial gastric dysplasia...
- Analysis of differentially expressed genes in human hepatocellular carcinoma using suppression subtractive hybridizationY Miyasaka
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Cancer 85:228-34. 2001..cancer, guanine binding inhibitory protein alpha, glutamine synthetase, ornithine aminotransferase, M130, and pepsinogen C) and 2 previously unknown genes as being overexpressed in HCC, and 1 gene (decorin) as suppressed in HCC...
- Structural characterization of activation 'intermediate 2' on the pathway to human gastricsinA R Khan
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Nat Struct Biol 4:1010-5. 1997..pepsin C) is an aspartic proteinase that is synthesized as the inactive precursor (zymogen) progastricsin (pepsinogen C or hPGC)...
- Assignment of human pepsinogen C (PGC) gene to chromosome 6K Takahara
Institute for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Osaka University, Japan
Cytogenet Cell Genet 52:100-1. 1989cDNA of rat pepsinogen C (PGC) hybridizes to, among others, a 3.2-kb band in Southern blot analysis of BamHI-cleaved human genomic DNA. This property was employed to localize the human PGC gene...
- The Rho pathway mediates transition to an alveolar type I cell phenotype during static stretch of alveolar type II cellsCherie D Foster
Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Pediatr Res 67:585-90. 2010..Static stretch applied to epithelial cells suppressed type II cell markers (SP-B and Pepsinogen C, PGC), and induced type I cell markers (Caveolin-1, Claudin 7 and Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor-1, PAI-1) as ..
- Primary structure, unique enzymatic properties, and molecular evolution of pepsinogen B and pepsin BYuichi Narita
Center for Human Evolution Modeling Research, Primate Research Institute, Kyoto University, Inuyama 484 8506, Japan
Arch Biochem Biophys 404:177-85. 2002..Pepsinogen B might be a sister group of pepsinogen C and the divergence of these two zymogens seems to be the latest event of pepsinogen evolution.
- Cloning and expression of xP1-L, a new marker gene for larval surface mucous cells of tadpole stomach in Xenopus laevisMasayuki Ikuzawa
Life Science Institute, Sophia University, Tokyo 102 8554, Japan
Gene Expr Patterns 8:12-8. 2007..However, adult marker genes such as xP1 for surface mucous cells and pepsinogen C (PgC) for oxynticopeptic cells were not expressed in the tadpole stages...
- Phylogenetic position of Eulipotyphla inferred from the cDNA sequences of pepsinogens A and CY Narita
Primate Research Institute, Kyoto University, Inuyama 484 8506, Japan
Mol Phylogenet Evol 21:32-42. 2001..Carnivora was found to be a sister group to these two orders. The monophyly of the order Rodentia and that of the cohort Glires (Rodentia and Lagomorpha) was also shown by the present phylogenetic trees of pepsinogens...
- [The clinical significance of GastroPanel in diagnostics of Helicobacter pylori eradication efficiency in patients with dyspepsia with correlation of family history of gastric cancer]Marcin Adamczyk
Department of Gastroenterology, Medical University of Łódź, Poland
Pol Merkur Lekarski 35:141-7. 2013..pylori, have any clinical value, especially in gastric cancer development...
- PGC and PSMA in prostate cancer diagnosis: tissue analysis from biopsy samplesAlberto A Antunes
Laboratory of Medicine Investigation, Division of Urology, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int Braz J Urol 39:649-56. 2013..In this study, we analyzed the diagnostic value of the expression of the pepsinogen C (PGC) and prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA) genes in tissue samples obtained from prostate biopsies.
- Q-wave evolution of a first acute myocardial infarction without significant ST segment elevationJ A Barrabés
Unitat Coronaria, Servicio de Cardiologia, Hospital General Universitari Vall d Hebron, Pg Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Cardiol 77:55-62. 2001..It is unclear whether these patients can be identified from the admission electrocardiogram (ECG) and whether they differ in their in-hospital prognosis from those who retain a non-Q-wave myocardial infarction...
- Association between serum pepsinogen A and C levels, serum gastrin concentrations and Helicobacter pylori antibodiesW Kullich
Ludwig Boltzmann Institut für Rehabilitation interner Erkrankungen, Saalfelden
Wien Med Wochenschr 149:157-61. 1999..Patients with H. pylori-AB positive +3 showed significantly higher values of pepsinogen C (p < or = 0.01) as well as pepsinogen A and gastrin (p < or = 0.05) than H. pylori-AB negative patients...
- Expression of pepsinogen II with androgen and estrogen receptors in human prostate carcinomaN Konishi
Second Department of Pathology, Nara Medical University, Kashihara, Japan
Pathol Int 49:203-7. 1999..On the basis of these results, PG II expression might be closely related to hormonal alterations associated with the development of prostate tumors...
- A possible association of low pepsinogen I and pepsinogen I/II with low and high body weight in Japanese menAyano Kutsuma
Division of Clinical Nutrition, Department of Medical Dietetics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Josai University, 1 1 Keyakidai, Sakado, Saitama 350 0295, Japan Electronic address
Clin Biochem 47:126-8. 2014..It is unknown whether low serum pepsinogen I and pepsinogen I/II ratio (PGI-PGI/II), a marker for chronic atrophic gastritis, is associated with low or high body weight...
- The co-expression of functional gastric proteins in dynamic gastric diseases and its clinical significanceQian Xu
Tumor Etiology and Screening Department of Cancer Institute and General Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, North Nanjing Street 155, Heping District, Shenyang 110001, People s Republic of China
BMC Clin Pathol 13:21. 2013b>Pepsinogen C (PGC) and mucin1 (MUC1) are important physiologically functional gastric proteins; Mucin2 (MUC2) is an "ectopic" functional protein in intestinal metaplasia of gastric mucosa...
- Gastric proteases in Barrett's esophagusB D Westerveld
Gastroenterology 93:774-8. 1987Precursors of the gastric proteases pepsinogen A (pepsinogen I) and pepsinogen C (pepsinogen II) and slow-moving protease were demonstrated in biopsy specimens from Barrett's epithelium in 21 of 22 patients with Barrett's esophagus; in 14 ..
- Human pepsinogen C (progastricsin) polymorphism: evidence for a single locus located at 6p21.1-pterG Pals
Department of Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201
Genomics 4:137-48. 1989A series of six clones containing the entire human pepsinogen C gene (PGC) was identified in a cosmid vector library by using cDNA and oligonucleotide probes. The 10...
- Tubular handling of pepsinogen A and C in man: evidence for two distinct tubular reabsorption mechanisms for low molecular weight proteins in manR W ten Kate
Department of Internal Medicine, Free University Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nephron 53:223-8. 1989Pepsinogen A (PGA) and Pepsinogen C (PGC) are circulating low-molecular-weight proteins. Both have been shown to be almost freely filtered through the glomerular basement membrane...
- Gastric Epithelial-specific Gene TargetingMichael Smith; Fiscal Year: 2005..aim will be achieved by "knocking-in" a Cre-recombinase cassette into the loci for the trefoil factor 1 and pepsinogen C loci...