Genomes and Genes
cytochrome p 450 cyp1a2
Summary: A cytochrome P-450 monooxygenase that can be induced by polycyclic aromatic xenobiotics in the liver of human and several animal species. This enzyme is of significant clinical interest due to the large number of drug interactions associated with its induction and its metabolism of THEOPHYLLINE. Caffeine is considered to be a model substrate for this enzyme. CYP1A2 activity can also be increased by environmental factors such as cigarette smoking, charbroiled meat, cruciferous vegetables, and a number of drugs including phenytoin, phenobarbital, and omeprazole.
Publications237 found, 100 shown here
- A distribution study of CYP1A2 phenotypes among smokers and non-smokers in a cohort of healthy Caucasian volunteersD Schrenk
Institute of Toxicology, University of Tubingen, Germany
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 53:361-7. 1998....
- Contributions of five human cytochrome P450 isoforms to the N-demethylation of clozapine in vitro at low and high concentrationsO V Olesen
Department of Biological Psychiatry, Psychiatric University Hospital, Risskov, Denmark
J Clin Pharmacol 41:823-32. 2001..The rate of other metabolic routes mediated by CYP2D6 only corresponded to about one fifth of the CYP2D6 catalyzed N-demethylation rate...
- Oxidation of the flavonoids galangin and kaempferide by human liver microsomes and CYP1A1, CYP1A2, and CYP2C9Yoko Otake
Department of Cell and Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 30:103-5. 2002..In addition, CYP1A1, although less efficient, was also able to oxidize the two flavonols. Thus, dietary flavonols are likely to undergo oxidative metabolism mainly in the liver but also extrahepatically...
- Antisense strategies for redirection of drug metabolism: using paclitaxel as a modelVikram Arora
Research and Development, AVI BioPharma, Corvallis, OR, USA
Methods Mol Med 106:273-92. 2005
- The role of cytochrome P450 enzymes in endogenous signalling pathways and environmental carcinogenesisDaniel W Nebert
Department of Environmental Health, and Center for Environmental Genetics, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, P O Box 670056, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0056, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 6:947-60. 2006..We suggest a two-tiered system to predict an overall inter-individual risk of tumorigenesis based on DNA variants in certain 'early defence' CYP genes, combined with polymorphisms in various downstream target genes...
- Role of polymorphic human cytochrome P450 enzymes in estrone oxidationAlastair E Cribb
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada C1A 4P3
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:551-8. 2006..These enzymes are all known to be genetically variant in the human population, and additional studies to assess the role CYP1A2, CYP2C19, and CYP3A5 in breast cancer risk are indicated...
- Cytochromes P450 and metabolism of xenobioticsP Anzenbacher
Institute of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Cell Mol Life Sci 58:737-47. 2001..Genetically dependent variabilities of individual P450 activities and levels are described, documenting the importance of pharmacogenetics aimed at explaining differences in the response of the organism to various drugs...
- Coffee consumption and CYP1A2*1F genotype modify age at breast cancer diagnosis and estrogen receptor statusErika Bågeman
Department of Oncology, Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:895-901. 2008..2; 95% confidence interval, 1.9-9.3; P = 0.0002). These findings raise the hypothesis that coffee slows the growth of ER-positive tumors in patients with CYP1A2*1F A/A and may have implications for breast cancer if confirmed...
- Polymorphisms in the cytochrome P450 CYP1A2 gene (CYP1A2) in colorectal cancer patients and controls: allele frequencies, linkage disequilibrium and influence on caffeine metabolismChristoph Sachse
Biomedical Research Centre, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 55:68-76. 2003..Several single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of the cytochrome P450 enzyme 1A2 gene (CYP1A2) have been reported. Here, frequencies, linkage disequilibrium and phenotypic consequences of six SNPs are described...
- The effect of the CYP1A2 *1F mutation on CYP1A2 inducibility in pregnant womenAnna Nordmark
Department of Medical Laboratory Science and Technology, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, C 168, Huddinge University Hospital, SE 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Clin Pharmacol 54:504-10. 2002..To investigate the influence of the CYP1A2*1F mutation on CYP1A2 activity in smoking and nonsmoking pregnant women...
- Differential time-course and dose-response relationships of TCDD-induced CYP1B1, CYP1A1, and CYP1A2 proteins in ratsM J Santostefano
Curriculum in Toxicology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 7270, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 233:20-4. 1997..This study demonstrates that TCDD exhibits differential dose-response and time-course relationships on hepatic localization and cytochrome P-450 protein expression...
- Phenotype-genotype analysis of CYP1A2 in Japanese patients receiving oral theophylline therapyKeiji Takata
Division of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Graduate School of Medical and Pharmaceutical Science, Kumamoto University, and Department of Medicine, Kumamoto City Hospital, Japan
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 62:23-8. 2006....
- Polymorphisms of cytochrome P4501A2 and N-acetyltransferase genes, smoking, and risk of pancreatic cancerDonghui Li
Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 426, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Carcinogenesis 27:103-11. 2006..9, 95% CI: 1.2-6.9) and among females (AOR: 2.5, 95% CI: 1.1-5.7). These data suggest that polymorphisms of the CYP1A2 and NAT1 genes modify the risk of pancreatic cancer...
- Human hepatic and renal microsomes, cytochromes P450 1A1/2, NADPH:cytochrome P450 reductase and prostaglandin H synthase mediate the formation of aristolochic acid-DNA adducts found in patients with urothelial cancerMarie Stiborova
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Charles University, Albertov 2030, 128 40 Prague 2, Czech Republic
Int J Cancer 113:189-97. 2005..In addition, prostaglandin H synthase is another enzyme activating AAI in renal microsomes. The results demonstrate for the first time the potential of microsomal enzymes in human liver and kidney to activate AAI by nitroreduction...
- Human enzymes involved in the metabolic activation of carcinogenic aristolochic acids: evidence for reductive activation by cytochromes P450 1A1 and 1A2M Stiborova
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Charles University, Albertov 2030, 128 40 Prague 2, The Czech Republic
Chem Res Toxicol 14:1128-37. 2001..These results are the first report on the activation of AA by human enzymes and clearly demonstrate the role of P450 1A1, 1A2, and NADPH:P450 reductase in catalyzing the reductive activation of AA...
- Human cytochrome P-450PA (P-450IA2), the phenacetin O-deethylase, is primarily responsible for the hepatic 3-demethylation of caffeine and N-oxidation of carcinogenic arylaminesM A Butler
Division of Biochemical Toxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, AR 72079
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:7696-700. 1989....
- Impairment of human CYP1A2-mediated xenobiotic metabolism by Antley-Bixler syndrome variants of cytochrome P450 oxidoreductaseMichel Kranendonk
Department of Genetics, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Rua da Junqueira 96, 1349 008 Lisbon, Portugal
Arch Biochem Biophys 475:93-9. 2008....
- The interindividual differences in the 3-demthylation of caffeine alias CYP1A2 is determined by both genetic and environmental factorsBirgitte B Rasmussen
Institute of Public Health, Clinical Pharmacology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Pharmacogenetics 12:473-8. 2002..725 (95% confidence interval 0.577-0.822). Unique environmental effects seem to account for the remainder 0.275 (95% confidence interval, 0.178-0.423). Our study shows that the CYP1A2 activity is mainly governed by genetic factors...
- The CYP1A2 genotype modifies the association between coffee consumption and breast cancer risk among BRCA1 mutation carriersJoanne Kotsopoulos
Centre for Research in Women s Health, Women s College Hospital, University of Toronto, Canada
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:912-6. 2007..This study suggests that caffeine protects against breast cancer in women with a BRCA1 mutation and illustrates the importance of integrating individual genetic variability when assessing diet-disease associations...
- Characterization of the oxidative metabolites of 17beta-estradiol and estrone formed by 15 selectively expressed human cytochrome p450 isoformsAnthony J Lee
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina 29208, USA
Endocrinology 144:3382-98. 2003..In conclusion, many human CYP isoforms are involved in the oxidative metabolism of 17beta-estradiol and estrone, with a varying degree of catalytic activity and distinct regioselectivity...
- 3-Methylcholanthrene elicits DNA adduct formation in the CYP1A1 promoter region and attenuates reporter gene expression in rat H4IIE cellsBhagavatula Moorthy
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 354:1071-7. 2007..Our results suggest that CYP1A2 plays a key role in sequence-specific MC-DNA adduct formation in the CYP1A1 promoter region, leading to attenuation of CYP1A1 gene expression...
- Genetic polymorphism of CYP1A2 increases the risk of myocardial infarctionM C Cornelis
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3E2
J Med Genet 41:758-62. 2004..The objective of this study was to determine the effects of CYP1A1 and CYP1A2 genotypes on risk of myocardial infarction (MI) and whether smoking interacts with genotype to modify risk...
- Influence of the genetic polymorphism in the 5'-noncoding region of the CYP1A2 gene on CYP1A2 phenotype and urinary mutagenicity in smokersSofia Pavanello
Occupational Health Section, Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health, University of Padova, Via Giustiniani 2, Padova 35128, Italy
Mutat Res 587:59-66. 2005..This information is of interest for future studies assessing the possible role of tobacco smoke-inducible CYP1A2 genotypes as individual susceptibility factors in exposure to carcinogens...
- Effects of CYP1A2 on disposition of 2,3,7, 8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin, 2,3,4,7,8-pentachlorodibenzofuran, and 2,2',4,4',5,5'-hexachlorobiphenyl in CYP1A2 knockout and parental (C57BL/6N and 129/Sv) strains of miceJ J Diliberto
National Health Effects and Environmental Research Laboratory, U S Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, 27711, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 159:52-64. 1999..Another difference between KO mice and parental strains was the enhanced urinary excretion of 4-PeCDF. This study demonstrates the importance of CYP1A2 in pharmacokinetic behavior and mechanistic issues for TCDD and related compounds...
- Severe 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) intoxication: insights into the measurement of hepatic cytochrome P450 1A2 inductionKlaus Abraham
Department of Pediatric Pneumology and Immunology, Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Charite, Humboldt University Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13 153 Berlin, Germany
Clin Pharmacol Ther 72:163-74. 2002..We compared the performance of several modifications of the caffeine test for measurement of CYP1A2 activity in subjects with exceptionally high, low, or absent enzyme induction...
- Estrogen metabolism-related genes and breast cancer risk: the multiethnic cohort studyLoic Le Marchand
Etiology Program, Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, University of Hawaii, Suite 407, 1236 Lauhala Street, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1998-2003. 2005..They also provide support for an inverse association between CYP1A2*1F and breast cancer, which is consistent with the observation of lower circulating estrogen levels in premenopausal women with the CC genotype in a previous study...
- Population-based case-control study of AhR (aryl hydrocarbon receptor) and CYP1A2 polymorphisms and breast cancer riskJi Rong Long
Department of Medicine and Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University, 1161 21st Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 16:237-43. 2006....
- An investigation of mammographic density and gene variants in healthy womenGertraud Maskarinec
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Int J Cancer 112:683-8. 2004..Our data suggest lower mammographic density for women carrying the COMT and CYP1A2 variant alleles than for women carrying the common alleles, though this is the opposite of what is commonly hypothesized from the enzyme function...
- Fluorinated 2-(4-amino-3-methylphenyl)benzothiazoles induce CYP1A1 expression, become metabolized, and bind to macromolecules in sensitive human cancer cellsEileen Brantley
Biological Testing Branch, Developmental Therapeutics Program, Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, MD 21701, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 32:1392-401. 2004..These data are concordant with the antiproliferative activity of fluorinated benzothiazoles deriving from their ability to become metabolized and bind to macromolecules within sensitive cells...
- Association of genetic polymorphisms with serum estrogens measured multiple times during a 2-year period in premenopausal womenGalina Lurie
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, University of Hawaii, 1236 Lauhala Street, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1521-7. 2005..37 versus 1.76; P = 0.002). These data suggest that CYP1A2*1F is associated with lower circulating levels of E2, and that it may be a susceptibility locus for breast cancer...
- Effect of propiverine on cytochrome P450 enzymes: a cocktail interaction study in healthy volunteersD Tomalik-Scharte
Department of Pharmacology, Clinical Pharmacology, University of Cologne, Gleueler Str 24, 50931 Koln, Germany
Drug Metab Dispos 33:1859-66. 2005..93-1.00, 0.84-0.96, and 0.97-1.07, respectively). All study drugs were well tolerated. In conclusion, propiverine has a minor potential to cause drug-drug interactions...
- Coffee, CYP1A2 genotype, and risk of myocardial infarctionMarilyn C Cornelis
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
JAMA 295:1135-41. 2006..Individuals who are homozygous for the CYP1A2*1A allele are "rapid" caffeine metabolizers, whereas carriers of the variant CYP1A2*1F are "slow" caffeine metabolizers...
- Cytochrome P450 1A2 (CYP1A2) activity, mammographic density, and oxidative stress: a cross-sectional studyChi Chen Hong
Division of Epidemiology and Statistics, Ontario Cancer Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Breast Cancer Res 6:R338-51. 2004..One enzyme that is able to affect both the mitogenic and mutagenic characteristics of estrogens is cytochrome P450 1A2 (CYP1A2), which is principally responsible for the metabolism of 17beta-estradiol...
- Metabolism of the soyabean isoflavone daidzein by CYP1A2 and the extra-hepatic CYPs 1A1 and 1B1 affects biological activityKathryn M Atherton
Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences, University of Newcastle, UK
Biochem Pharmacol 72:624-31. 2006....
- Induction of CYP1A2 by heavy coffee consumption in Serbs and SwedesNatasa Djordjevic
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, C1 68, SE 14186, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 64:381-5. 2008..To investigate the influence of coffee consumption on CYP1A2 enzyme activity controlling for the effects of smoking and oral contraceptive (OC) use among Serbs and Swedes and to compare CYP1A2 activity between the two populations...
- Metabolic activation of carcinogenic aristolochic acid, a risk factor for Balkan endemic nephropathyMarie Stiborova
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Charles University, Albertov 2030, 128 40 Prague 2, Czech Republic
Mutat Res 658:55-67. 2008....
- Breast density and polymorphisms in genes coding for CYP1A2 and COMT: the Multiethnic CohortYumie Takata
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, 1236 Lauhala Street, Honolulu, HI, USA
BMC Cancer 7:30. 2007..This cross-sectional analysis examined the relation between mammographic density and the CYP1A2*1F and COMT Val58 Met polymorphisms among 332 breast cancer cases and 254 controls in the Hawaii component of the Multiethnic Cohort...
- Moderate coffee and alcohol consumption improves the estrogen metabolite profile in adjuvant treated breast cancer patients: a pilot study comparing pre- and post-operative levelsT L Klug
Immuna Care Corporation, Bell, PA 19422, USA
Mol Genet Metab 89:381-9. 2006....
- Regional hepatic CYP1A1 and CYP1A2 induction with 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin evaluated with a multicompartment geometric model of hepatic zonationM E Andersen
ICF Kaiser Engineers, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 144:145-55. 1997..No previous model has incorporated regional variations in induction. The PBPK analysis based on the multicompartment liver model suggests that the low-dose behavior for hepatic CYP1A1/CYP1A2 induction by TCDD is highly non-linear...
- Human cytochromes P450 1A1 and 1A2 participate in detoxication of carcinogenic aristolochic acidJana Sistkova
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 29:733-7. 2008..The aim of the study was to resolve which cytochromes P450 (CYP) detoxicate the major component of AA, aristolochic acid I (AAI), to its O-demethylated metabolite, aristolochic acid Ia (AAIa)...
- Pharmacogenetics of P450 oxidoreductase: effect of sequence variants on activities of CYP1A2 and CYP2C19Vishal Agrawal
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0978, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 18:569-76. 2008..We examined the effects of POR sequence variants on two drug-metabolizing P450 enzymes, CYP1A2 and CYP2C19...
- Rapid genotyping for relevant CYP1A2 alleles by pyrosequencingCarsten Skarke
Pharmazentrum frankfurt ZAFES, Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 61:887-92. 2005....
- Determination of parameters responsible for pharmacokinetic behavior of TCDD in female Sprague-Dawley ratsX Wang
Curriculum in Toxicology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7270, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 147:151-68. 1997..In addition, this study demonstrated some critical issues in PBPK modeling...
- A pharmacodynamic analysis of TCDD-induced cytochrome P450 gene expression in multiple tissues: dose- and time-dependent effectsM J Santostefano
Curriculum in Toxicology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7270, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 151:294-310. 1998....
- Subchronic Exposure of [3H]- 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) in female B6C3F1 mice: relationship of steady-state levels to disposition and metabolismJ J Diliberto
U S Environmental Protection Agency, ORD, NHEERL, ETD, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711, USA
Toxicol Sci 61:241-55. 2001..In addition, this study emphasizes cumulative effects of daily dosing and suggests the importance of tissue dosimetry or body burden for a persistent chemical such as TCDD...
- Oxidative DNA damage in vivo: relationship to age, plasma antioxidants, drug metabolism, glutathione-S-transferase activity and urinary creatinine excretionH E Poulsen
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Rigshospitalet, University Hospital Copenhagen, Denmark
Free Radic Res 29:565-71. 1998..50, p < 0.05). We conclude that 8-oxodG excretion is determined by factors like oxygen consumption and CYP1A2 activity rather than by factors like plasma antioxidant concentrations...
- Characterization of the dose-response of CYP1B1, CYP1A1, and CYP1A2 in the liver of female Sprague-Dawley rats following chronic exposure to 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxinN J Walker
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 154:279-86. 1999....
- Intrinsic hepatic phenotype associated with the Cyp1a2 gene as shown by cDNA expression microarray analysis of the knockout mouseAndrew G Smith
MRC Toxicology Unit, Hodgkin Building, University of Leicester, Leicester, United Kingdom
EHP Toxicogenomics 111:45-51. 2003..These data suggest that the CYP1A2 enzyme might perform additional hepatic endogenous functions heretofore not appreciated...
- Bioavailable flavonoids: cytochrome P450-mediated metabolism of methoxyflavonesU Kristina Walle
Department of Cell and Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Medical University of South Carolina, 173 Ashley Avenue, P O Box 250505, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 35:1985-9. 2007..In summary, the rate of oxidative metabolism of methoxylated flavones, mainly involving CYP1A1 and CYP1A2, varied widely, even between compounds with very similar structures...
- How useful is the "cocktail approach" for evaluating human hepatic drug metabolizing capacity using cytochrome P450 phenotyping probes in vivo?E Tanaka
Institute of Community Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba shi, Ibaraki ken 305 8575, Japan
J Clin Pharm Ther 28:157-65. 2003..Despite current limitations, the cocktail method for obtaining information about multiple CYP activities in a single experimental session is likely to be more widely used as a screening or phenotyping method for humans in the future...
- Protection against Trp-P-2 DNA adduct formation in C57bl6 mice by purpurin is accompanied by induction of cytochrome P450Tim Marczylo
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama University, Tsushima naka 1 1 1, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 51:3334-7. 2003..It is hypothesized that purpurin exhibits chemopreventive potential by inhibiting the cytochrome P450-dependent metabolism of heterocyclic amines to their genotoxic N-hydroxylamines...
- Dose-dependent effect of alpha-tocopherol on activity of xenobiotic metabolizing enzymes in rat liverYu A Sidorova
Laboratory of Foreign Compounds Biochemistry, Institute of Molecular Biology and Biophysics, Siberian Division of Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Novosibirsk
Bull Exp Biol Med 136:38-41. 2003..These results suggest that alpha-tocopherol induced the enzymes of phase I of xenobiotic metabolism, including CYP1 and CYP2 families involved in the metabolism of drugs and procarcinogenes...
- Identification of cytochrome P450 isoforms involved in 1-hydroxylation of pyreneYong Dae Kim
Department of Environmental Health, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, 1 1 Iseigaoka, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyushu 807 8555, Japan
Environ Res 94:262-6. 2004..This suggests that the individual difference of these enzymes must be included in epidemiological studies to evaluate PAH exposure using urinary 1-OHP...
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor-mediated induction of microsomal drug-metabolizing enzyme activity by indirubin and indigoKazumi Sugihara
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 318:571-8. 2004..Our results suggest that indirubin and indigo act as inducers for cytochrome P450 1A1/2 mediated by AhR in mammals in vivo...
- In vitro effects of tacrolimus on human cytochrome P450K Lecointre
Toxicology Laboratory, C H U de Bicêtre, AP HP 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94270 Kremlin Bicetre, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 16:455-60. 2002..These observations suggest that tacrolimus is unlikely to potentiate the effect of coadministered drugs through inhibition of their metabolism in the liver...
- Optimizing higher throughput methods to assess drug-drug interactions for CYP1A2, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP2D6, rCYP2D6, and CYP3A4 in vitro using a single point IC(50)Feng Gao
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Groton, CT, USA
J Biomol Screen 7:373-82. 2002..In addition, the algorithmic approach we propose would obviously be applicable for other in vitro bioactivity and therapeutic target enzyme and receptor screens...
- Rat and human liver cytochrome P-450 isoform metabolism of ecteinascidin 743 does not predict gender-dependent toxicity in humansJoel M Reid
Department of Oncology, Division of Developmental Oncology Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:2952-62. 2002..Thus, although it is not possible to rule out gender differences in ET743 human toxicities, our data do not predict major gender-dependent differences in the toxicity of ET743 based on metabolism...
- Pomegranate juice effects on cytochrome P450S expression: in vivo studiesAna Faria
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
J Med Food 10:643-9. 2007..Prevention of procarcinogen activation through CYP activity/expression inhibition may be involved in pomegranate juice's effect on tumor initiation, promotion, and progression...
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon-inducible DNA adducts: evidence by 32P-postlabeling and use of knockout mice for Ah receptor-independent mechanisms of metabolic activation in vivoSudha R Kondraganti
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Cancer 103:5-11. 2003..In conclusion, these results demonstrate the existence of AHR- and CYP1A1-independent mechanisms of PAH metabolic activation in mouse liver, a phenomenon that may have important implications for PAH-mediated carcinogenesis...
- For dioxin-induced birth defects, mouse or human CYP1A2 in maternal liver protects whereas mouse CYP1A1 and CYP1B1 are inconsequentialNadine Dragin
Department of Environmental Health and Center for Environmental Genetics, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0056, USA
J Biol Chem 281:18591-600. 2006..In contrast, neither CYP1A1 nor CYP1B1 appears to play a role in dioxin-mediated teratogenesis...
- Approach to predict the contribution of cytochrome P450 enzymes to drug metabolism in the early drug-discovery stage: the effect of the expression of cytochrome b(5) with recombinant P450 enzymesC Emoto
Department of Pharmacokinetics Dynamics Metabolism, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Nagoya Laboratories, Pfizer Japan Inc, Taketoyo, Aichi, Japan
Xenobiotica 37:986-99. 2007..In addition, recombinant CYP microsomes co-expressed with cytochrome b(5) might be suitable for the prediction of the CL(int) value...
- Isozyme-specific induction of low-dose aspirin on cytochrome P450 in healthy subjectsXiao Ping Chen
Pharmacogenetics Research Institute, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410078, PR China
Clin Pharmacol Ther 73:264-71. 2003..This study was designed to define the effect of low-dose aspirin administration on the activity of cytochrome P450 (CYP) in normal human subjects...
- Comparative effects of thiazolidinediones on in vitro P450 enzyme induction and inhibitionJasminder Sahi
Department of Pharmacokinetics Pharmacodynamics and Metabolism, Pfizer Global Research and Development, 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 31:439-46. 2003..While only the induction of CYP3A4 by troglitazone has been demonstrated in vivo, these results suggest that other thiazolidinediones may have the potential to cause clinically significant drug interactions at sufficiently high doses...
- Stereoselectivity in the oxidation of bufuralol, a chiral substrate, by human cytochrome P450sShizuo Narimatsu
Laboratory of Health Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama University, Okayama, Japan
Chirality 15:333-9. 2003....
- Automated screening with confirmation of mechanism-based inactivation of CYP3A4, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP2D6, and CYP1A2 in pooled human liver microsomesHeng Keang Lim
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Preclinical Pharmacokinetics, Preclinical Drug Evaluation, OCD, K 007, 1001 Route 202 North, P O Box 300, Raritan, NJ 08869, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 33:1211-9. 2005..Comparison of the apparent partition ratios and inactivation clearance data for the three glitazones suggests that the chromane moiety on troglitazone contributes to its greater potency for mechanism-based inactivation...
- Effects of Chinese, Japanese and Western tea on hepatic P450 enzyme activities in ratsN Niwattisaiwong
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Drug Metabol Drug Interact 20:43-56. 2004..Further studies are needed to determine whether there is a relationship between the effect of tea on CYP activities and anti-carcinogenesis...
- Relative contributions of the five major human cytochromes P450, 1A2, 2C9, 2C19, 2D6, and 3A4, to the hepatic metabolism of the proteasome inhibitor bortezomibVinita Uttamsingh
Department of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, Drug Safety and Disposition, Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 33:1723-8. 2005....
- Utility of long-term cultured human hepatocytes as an in vitro model for cytochrome p450 inductionGeorgina Meneses-Lorente
Department of Medicinal Chemistry Drug Metabolism Section, Merck Sharp and Dohme Research Laboratories, Harlow, Essex, United Kingdom
Drug Metab Dispos 35:215-20. 2007..The use of long-term cultured hepatocytes on 96-well plates has proven to be sensitive, robust, and convenient for assessing P450 induction potential of new compound entities during the drug discovery process...
- [Effects of ginkgolides on gene expression of hepatic cytochrome P-450 in rats]Xiu fen Yang
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Guangxi Traditional Chinese Medical College, Nanning 530001, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 30:1009-13. 2005..To observe the effects of ginkgolides on gene expression of hepatic cytochrome P-450 in rats...
- Modulation of rat liver cytochrome P450 by protein restriction assessed by biochemical and bacterial mutagenicity methods [corrected]L Cancino-Badías
CIBIOMED, ICBP Victoria de Girón, Ciudad Habana, Cuba
Mutagenesis 18:95-100. 2003..However, the mutagenic potency of benzo[a]pyrene was the same (4 revertants/ microg) with S9 derived from rats fed either a 6 or 24% protein diet...
- The inhibitory effect of polyunsaturated fatty acids on human CYP enzymesHsien Tsung Yao
Division of Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Research, National Health Research Institutes, 35, Keyan Road, Zhunan Town, Miaoli County, Taiwan, ROC
Life Sci 79:2432-40. 2006..These results indicate that the PUFAs are potent inhibitors as well as the substrates of CYP2C9 and CYP2C19...
- Effect of a newly developed ketolide antibiotic, telithromycin, on metabolism of theophylline and expression of cytochrome P450 in ratsHiroyuki Nosaka
Department of Medical Technology, Nagoya University School of Health Sciences, Daikominami, Higashi ku, Nagoya 461 8673, Japan
Life Sci 79:50-6. 2006..The present study suggests that telithromycin at the dose used in this study alters the pharmacokinetics and metabolism of theophylline, due to reductions in the activity and expression of hepatic CYP1A2 and CYP3A2...
- An evaluation of potential mechanism-based inactivation of human drug metabolizing cytochromes P450 by monoamine oxidase inhibitors, including isoniazidThomas M Polasek
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Flinders University and Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, Australia
Br J Clin Pharmacol 61:570-84. 2006..To characterize potential mechanism-based inactivation (MBI) of major human drug-metabolizing cytochromes P450 (CYP) by monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors, including the antitubercular drug isoniazid...
- A mechanism-based integrated pharmacokinetic enzyme model describing the time course and magnitude of phenobarbital-mediated enzyme induction in the ratMats O Magnusson
Division of Pharmacokinetics and Drug Therapy, Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, Uppsala University, Box 591, SE 751 24, Uppsala, Sweden
Pharm Res 23:521-32. 2006....
- Development of a novel cytochrome p450 bioaffinity detection system coupled online to gradient reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatographyJeroen Kool
LACDR Division of Molecular Toxicology, Department of Pharmacochemistry, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Biomol Screen 10:427-36. 2005..It is concluded that this novel screening technology offers new perspectives for rapid and sensitive screening of individual compounds in mixtures exhibiting affinity for liver microsomal Cyt P450s...
- In vitro metabolism of the calmodulin antagonist DY-9760e (3-[2-[4-(3-chloro-2-methylphenyl)-1-piperazinyl]ethyl]-5,6-dimethoxy-1-(4-imidazolylmethyl)-1H-indazole dihydrochloride 3.5 hydrate) by human liver microsomes: involvement of cytochromes p450 in aShuko Tachibana
Drug Metabolism and Physicochemistry Research Laboratories, R and D Division, Daiichi Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Toky, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 33:1628-36. 2005..25-1.7 microM), a mixed competitive and noncompetitive inhibitor of CYP2C19 (Ki 2.4 microM) and a moderate inhibitor of CYP1A2 and 3A4 (Ki 11.4-20.1 microM), suggesting a high possibility for human drug-drug interaction...
- Effect of sulfur dioxide inhalation on CYP1A1 and CYP1A2 in rat liver and lungGuohua Qin
Institute of Environmental Medicine and Toxicology, Shanxi University, Taiyuan 030006, China
Toxicol Lett 160:34-42. 2005..Reduction of hepatic and pulmonary CYPlAl and lA2 expression during SO2 exposure may be part of an adaptive response by the liver and lung to minimize cell damage...
- Dehydrogenation of indoline by cytochrome P450 enzymes: a novel "aromatase" processHao Sun
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5820, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 322:843-51. 2007..The aromatase mechanism does not seem to occur through N-oxidation or dehydration of an alcohol but rather through a formal dehydrogenation pathway...
- Development and full validation of six inhibition assays for five major cytochrome P450 enzymes in human liver microsomes using an automated 96-well microplate incubation format and LC-MS/MS analysisMing Yao
Department of Biotransformation, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, P O Box 4000, Princeton, NJ 08543, USA
J Pharm Biomed Anal 44:211-23. 2007..The high quality and throughput of these assays make them ideally suited for providing information for decision making in late drug discovery and early development and for providing labeling input for new drug registrations...
- Molecular characterization of cytochrome P450 1A1, 1A2, and 1B1, and effects of polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxin, dibenzofuran, and biphenyl congeners on their hepatic expression in Baikal seal (Pusa sibirica)Shusaku Hirakawa
Center for Marine Environmental Studies, Ehime University, Matsuyama, Japan
Toxicol Sci 97:318-35. 2007..Furthermore, ratios of CYP1B1/CYP1A1 mRNA expression levels increased with TEQs, indicating the enhanced risk of carcinogenicity by preferential induction of CYP1B1 by TEQs in the liver...
- Impaired microsomal oxidation of the atypical antipsychotic agent clozapine in hepatic steatosisWei V Zhang
Pharmacogenomics and Drug Development Group, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 322:770-7. 2007..Lipid deposition in livers of patients with the metabolic syndrome may necessitate dosage adjustments for toxic drugs, including CLZ...
- Selectivity of 7-alkoxycoumarins as probe substrates for rat hepatic cytochrome P450 forms is influenced by the substitution pattern on the coumarin nucleusJ R Fry
School of Biomedical Sciences, Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Xenobiotica 34:707-22. 2004....
- Inhibition of human cytochrome P450 enzymes by the natural hepatotoxin safroleYune Fang Ueng
National Research Institute of Chinese Medicine, 155 1, Li Nong Street, Sec 2, Taipei 112, Taiwan, ROC
Food Chem Toxicol 43:707-12. 2005..These results revealed that safrole was a potent inhibitor of human CYP1A2, CYP2A6, and CYP2E1. With relatively less potency, CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 were also inhibited...
- Metabolic enzyme induction by HepG2 cells exposed to oxygenated and nonoxygenated polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbonsKentaro Misaki
Department of Environmental Engineering and Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies, Kyoto University, Yoshidahonmachi, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Chem Res Toxicol 20:277-83. 2007..Both chemical-dependent and time-dependent induction patterns of NQO1 mRNA were of the mixed types of P4501A1 and AKR1C1. The tendency for the decrease of GSTM1 mRNA was observed when exposed to PAHs B[a]P and B[k]FA...
- Lopinavir/ritonavir induces the hepatic activity of cytochrome P450 enzymes CYP2C9, CYP2C19, and CYP1A2 but inhibits the hepatic and intestinal activity of CYP3A as measured by a phenotyping drug cocktail in healthy volunteersRosa F Yeh
School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 42:52-60. 2006....
- Decreased hepatic drug metabolising enzyme activity in rats with nitrosamine-induced tumoursP P Maliakal
School of Pharmacy, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Drug Metabol Drug Interact 19:13-27. 2002..Alteration of the activities of drug metabolising enzymes in rats with chemically induced tumours could be an important factor in determining resistance or susceptibility to xenobiotics and antitumour drugs...
- Molecular modelling of CYP1 family enzymes CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP1A6 and CYP1B1 based on sequence homology with CYP102D F Lewis
Molecular Toxicology Group, School of Biological Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
Toxicology 139:53-79. 1999....
- Effect of alachlor on hepatic cytochrome P450 enzymes in ratsNobumitsu Hanioka
Division of Environmental Chemistry, National Institute of Health Sciences, 1 18 1 Kamiyoga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
Drug Chem Toxicol 25:25-37. 2002..These results suggest that alachlor selectively induces cytochrome P450 isoforms of the CYP1A and CYP2B subfamilies in rat liver microsomes, and that the expression of these isoforms is closely related to the toxicity of alachlor...
- Construction of Salmonella typhimurium YG7108 strains, each coexpressing a form of human cytochrome P450 with NADPH-cytochrome P450 reductaseK Fujita
Laboratory of Drug Metabolism, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Environ Mol Mutagen 38:329-38. 2001..These S. typhimurium strains may be useful not only for predicting the metabolic activation of promutagens catalyzed by human CYP but also for identifying the CYP form involved...
- Uroporphyria produced in mice by iron and 5-aminolaevulinic acid does not occur in Cyp1a2(-/-) null mutant miceP R Sinclair
VA Medical Center, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
Biochem J 330:149-53. 1998..These results indicate the absolute requirement for hepatic CYP1A2 in causing experimental uroporphyria under the conditions used...
- Inhibition of CYP3A, CYP1A and CYP2E1 activities by resveratrol and other non volatile red wine componentsB Piver
Laboratory of Biochemistry, EA 948, Faculty of Medicine and I3S, 29285, Cedex, Brest, France
Toxicol Lett 125:83-91. 2001....
- Gemfibrozil is a potent inhibitor of human cytochrome P450 2C9X Wen
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Helsinki, Haartmaninkatu 4, FIN-00290 Helsinki, Finland
Drug Metab Dispos 29:1359-61. 2001..Gemfibrozil may also impair clearance of CYP2C19 and CYP1A2 substrates, but inhibition of other CYP isoforms is unlikely...
- Relationships between non-occupational cadmium exposure and expression of nine cytochrome P450 forms in human liver and kidney cortex samplesJ R Baker
National Research Centre for Environmental Toxicology, Brisbane, Australia
Biochem Pharmacol 62:713-21. 2001....
- Rat cytochrome p450 1A and 3A enzymes involved in bioactivation of tegafur to 5-fluorouracil and autoinduced by tegafur in liver microsomesH Yamazaki
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 29:794-7. 2001..Coadministration of tegafur and P450-inducing drugs could markedly enhance the biotransformation of tegafur into 5-FU via P450 induction...
- Comparative xenobiotic metabolism between Tg.AC and p53+/- genetically altered mice and their respective wild typesJ M Sanders
Laboratory of Pharmacology and Chemistry, National Toxicology Program, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, MD C3 02, P O Box 12233, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709 2233, USA
Toxicol Sci 61:54-61. 2001....
- Induction and suppression of cytochrome P450 1A by 3,3',4,4',5-pentachlorobiphenyl and its relationship to oxidative stress in the marine fish scup (Stenotomus chrysops)J J Schlezinger
Biology Department, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Redfield 342, MS 32, Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA
Aquat Toxicol 52:101-15. 2001..However, there appears to be a complex balance between the effects of PeCB on the levels of active CYP1A, ROS release and oxidative stress...
- Effect of chronic disulfiram administration on the activities of CYP1A2, CYP2C19, CYP2D6, CYP2E1, and N-acetyltransferase in healthy human subjectsReginald F Frye
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, 807 Salk Hall, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Br J Clin Pharmacol 53:155-62. 2002..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of disulfiram given for 11 days on selected drug metabolizing enzyme activities...
- St. John's wort extract induces CYP3A and CYP2E1 in the Swiss Webster mouseB J Bray
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Adams Building Room 238, Great King St, University of Otago Medical School, Dunedin, New Zealand
Toxicol Sci 66:27-33. 2002....
- Aryl hydrocarbon (Ah) receptor-independent induction of Cyp1a2 gene expression by acenaphthylene and related compounds in B6C3F1 miceK Chaloupka
Texas A and M University, College Station 77843 4466
Carcinogenesis 15:2835-40. 1994....
- Ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA) prevents DCA effects on male mouse liver via up-regulation of CYP [correction of CXP] and preservation of BSEP activitiesMoreno Paolini
Department of Pharmacology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Hepatology 36:305-14. 2002..These findings may shed further light on the mechanisms responsible for UDCA's protective role in the treatment of cholestatic liver disease...
- Effect of 3,3',4,4'-tetrachlorobiphenyl and 2,2',4,4',5,5'-hexachlorobiphenyl on the induction of hepatic lipid peroxidation and cytochrome P-450 associated enzyme activities in ratsZaineb Fadhel
College of Pharmacy, University of Petra, Amman, Jordan
Toxicology 175:15-25. 2002..The results also indicate a larger time difference between cytochrome P-450 induction and lipid peroxidation for PCB-77. Thus, both PCB-77 and PCB-153 are toxic to cells, but may act via different mechanisms to induce their effects...
- CYP1A1 GENE AND ENVIRONMENTAL TOXICITYDaniel Nebert; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Interplay between metabolism and FXR activation in scoparone signalingBingfang Yan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Interestingly, scoparone has been found to exert these very activities. Thus, a confirmation on the functional connection between FXR and scoparone will have broad mechanistic and therapeutic implications. ..
- Genetic Susceptibility to PCB-induced Motor DysfunctionCHRISTINE PERDAN CURRAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..The proposed research is designed to identify neural pathways affected by PCB exposure and humans at highest risk of PCB developmental neurotoxicity using a mouse model that mirrors known genetic variations in humans. ..
- ACTIVITY OF P450/1A2 AND 3A4 AND BREAST CANCER RISKWei Zheng; Fiscal Year: 1999..The enzyme activity data collected from this study will be analyzed jointly with data collected from the main study to evaluate the association of CYP1A2 and CYP3A4 activities with breast cancer risk. ..
- Glutathione in Environmental Toxicity and DiseaseHOWARD SHERTZER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our proposed research should therefore help focus future genotype-phenotype association studies between the appropriate DNA variant sites in the GCLC and GCLM genes and disease. ..
- RECEPTOR MEDIATED OXIDATIVE STRESSHOWARD SHERTZER; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will improve our understanding of how PHAHs such as TCDD generate oxidative stress and mutagenesis, leading to better models for risk assessment and novel strategies for intervention in PHAH-mediated toxicity. ..
- MECHANISM OF PORPHYRIA CAUSED BY TCDDPeter Sinclair; Fiscal Year: 2002..II. To determine whether human CYP1A2 has an essential role in UROgen oxidation and the development of uroporphyria. III. To study the interaction of Fe and CYP1A2 in the development of uroporphyria. ..
- ETHANOL EFFECTS ON BONE FORMATION IN PREGNANCYMartin Ronis; Fiscal Year: 2006..The role of CYP2E1 and free radicals in the skeletal toxicity of ethanol during these periods will also be studied. ..
- PAHs: Balance of Detoxication vs Metabolic ActivationDaniel Nebert; Fiscal Year: 2009..dissemination of ingested BaP and will be informative in clinical studies in which we would determine which haplotypes of these three human genes might be associated with resistance vs. sensitivity to PAH-induced toxicity and cancer. ..
- Molecular Genetics of Cadmium ToxicityDaniel W Nebert; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Urinary proteomics in aminoglycoside treated newbornsMary Kennedy; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of this research may allow us to identify infants who are at risk for developing significant injury before it occurs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ETHANOL METABOLISM IN PREGNANCY--ROLE OF DIETMartin Ronis; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Sphingolipid signaling in olfactory mucosaMary Beth Genter; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Extracellular matrix in chloracetanilide carcinogenesisMary Beth Genter; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISM OF INDUCTION OF OLFACTORY TUMORS BY ALACHLORMary Beth Genter; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- GENOTOXICITY IN CYP1A2 DEFICIENT TRANSGENIC MICEDaniel Nebert; Fiscal Year: 2002..S. population. ..
- High Throughput Liver Toxicity ScreeningJames Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2002..The market for such a human toxicity system exceeds $25 million annually. ..
- Physiological Importance of Growth Hormone PulsatilityCraig Jaffe; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of this study will add to our understanding of the physiology and pathophysiology of GH action and will help in designing more effective means of GH replacement therapy. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dietary Factors in the Etiology of Colorectal CancerJian Min Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2008..The potential modifying effects of HAA activating genes and tea polyphenols on the HAA-colorectal cancer association will be explored. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cytochrome P450 regulation by hyperoxia and nitric oxideXanthi Couroucli; Fiscal Year: 2006..The studies will also help identify appropriate supportive therapies to minimize any adverse effects arising out of this clinically important therapy. ..
- Ethnic/Racial Minorities in the Colon CFRLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Novel approach to measure DNA adducts in humansROBERT TURESKY; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ontogeny of Drug Bioactivation and Idiosyncratic ADRsJAMES LEEDER; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Effect of Diet on Drug Metabolism in InfantsMichael Blake; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Serum IGFs--Effects of a Soy Intervention in HumansJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2002..It provides an ideal design to evaluate the effects of isoflavones on the IGF system and to explore relationships between IGFs and colonic epithelial cell proliferation in humans. ..
- Enhance and Expand University Research InfrastructureCarolyn Howard; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Atypical Drug Kinetics and InteractionsTIMOTHY TRACY; Fiscal Year: 2008..From these data, computer models will be developed to predict the occurrence of atypical kinetics and potential drug interactions to assist in the drug development process. ..
- Molecular Epidemiology of Pancreatic CancerDonghui Li; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such information will be valuable for the primary prevention of this deadly disease. ..
- UGT Polymorphisms and Hormonally-Mediated Biomarkers in Premenopausal WomenJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Case-Control Study of Adenoma in Sao Paulo JapaneseLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Breast Cancer, Benign Breast Disease, and Isoflavone Metabolism in Chinese WomenJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DIET AND DURATION OF CERVICAL HPV INFECTIONMARC GOODMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Hawaii Colorectal Cancer Family RegistryLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will also propose a CFR pilot study exploring the feasibility of assessing assorted mating as evidence for population stratification. ..
- HOST GENES AND COLONIC BACTERIA--PROBING FOR INHERITANCEJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2002..If we can establish that the equol-producer phenotype is an inherited trait, we can then work to identify the associated genotype and determine more effectively whether this is a biomarker of breast cancer risk. ..
- Human Gut Microflora Profiling for Population StudiesJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Hypertension PharmacogeneticsJulie Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed studies should add substantial new information about antihypertensive pharmacogenetics, and could influence how antihypertensive medications are prescribed in the future. ..
- Diet, Genetic Susceptibility and Colorectal NeoplasiaLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2006..Genotyping for random markers will permit to exclude residual confounding by ethnicity. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF ANTICONVULSANT HYPERSENSITIVITY SYNDROMEJAMES LEEDER; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is anticipated that the basic experimental paradigm employed for these studies can also be applied to other idiosyncratic toxicities with suspected drug bioactivation and immune etiologies. ..
- Effects of Arsenic on Cytochromes P450RALPH NICHOLS; Fiscal Year: 2005..3) To investigate, in primary cultures of human and rat hepatocytes, the effect of arsenite on translation of the mRNAs of CYPs 1A1, 3A4 and 3A23. ..
- BETA-ADRENERGIC RECEPTOR POLYMORPHISMS AND HYPERTENSIONJulie Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2003..the BAR genotype significantly impacts the BP response to B-blockers could lead to improved patient outcomes, as patients could be genotyped prior to institution of B-blocker therapy, thus avoiding this therapy in those likely to respond ..
- GENES, DIET AND CARCINOGEN ACTIVATION IN SMOKERSLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2004..The elucidation of the main enzymes responsible for carcinogen activation and of the impact of dietary factors on these enzymes would have important implications for cancer prevention. ..
- Quantifying the impact of diet on carcinogen exposureJAMES FELTON; Fiscal Year: 2003..Once the impact of dietary factors is understood, then it will be possible to emphasize prevention strategies that will eliminate or modify the risk. ..
- Pharmacotherapy for Minor DepressionRobert Howland; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study will have profound public health implications by improving our understanding of the efficacy of SJW and standard antidepressants for the treatment of MinorD. ..
- Glucuronidation in Humans--Genotypes and PhenotypesJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2004..The randomized cross-over design will allow us to test efficiently for diet effects within individuals, as well as for gene-by-diet and sex-by-diet interactions. ..
- Beta-adrenoceptor genetic polymorphisms and obesityJulie Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Additionally, genotyping individuals early in age may help to identify those at increased risk of obesity prior to them becoming obese so that they may take appropriate preventive measures. ..
- Pharmacogenetic Epidemiology of Birth Defects and CancerTimothy Rebbeck; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- DNA Damage: Fruit & Vegetable Effects in a Feeding TrialJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2005..The existing intervention provides an ideal design in which to evaluate the relationships between biotransformation enzyme systems and DNA damage in humans. ..
- Metabolism of Carcinogens and Drugs by Human P450sF Guengerich; Fiscal Year: 2005..Successful completion of these collective studies should provide better understanding of the ways in which human P450s catalyze oxidation of carcinogens and drugs and the significance of variations in these enzymes. ..
- PharmGKB Experimental Biology Workshop 2005TIMOTHY TRACY; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Beta-receptors and cardiovascular pharmacogenomicsJulie Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATION OF MICROSOMAL HEMOPROTEINSLINDA QUATTROCHI; Fiscal Year: 2006..We fully expect that refinements in understanding gene structure, gene expression, and disease outcome can be achieved by the proposed research program. ..
- Breast and Bone Density: Impact of Colonic EnvironmentJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2006..If equol-producer phenotype can predict differences in cumulative estrogen exposure / metabolism, it may serve as an early marker of breast cancer risk. ..
- Hormone Status Postmenopause: Colonic Bacterial EffectsJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of this study will provide novel data regarding the relationship of the equol-producer phenotype, a marker of colonic nticrofloral environment, to lifetime estrogen exposure. ..
- GLUTATHIONE TRANSFERASES IN HUMANS: DIETARY INFLUENCESJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- The TGFbeta Pathway, Gene Variants and Colorectal Neopl*Loic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- P-glycoprotein and Steroid-Resistant Nephrotic SyndromeLYNDA WELAGE; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Paraxanthine and Reproductive Effects of CaffeineMichael Bracken; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- DIETARY FACTORS IN THE ETIOLOGY OF CANCER IN SHANGHAIJian Min Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2006..In all instances of diet-cancer investigations, relevant genes with potential modifying effects on the respective diet-cancer associations will be included in the investigations. ..
- THE SINGAPORE COHORT STUDY OF DIET AND CANCERJian Min Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Perinatal Risk of Asthma in Infants of Asthmatic MothersMichael Bracken; Fiscal Year: 2007..Identification of pregnancy and neonatal risk factors for infant asthma may offer opportunities for early prevention. ..