Genomes and Genes
cytochrome p 450 cyp1a1
Summary: A liver microsomal cytochrome P-450 monooxygenase capable of biotransforming xenobiotics such as polycyclic hydrocarbons and halogenated aromatic hydrocarbons into carcinogenic or mutagenic compounds. They have been found in mammals and fish. This enzyme, encoded by CYP1A1 gene, can be measured by using ethoxyresorufin as a substrate for the ethoxyresorufin O-deethylase activity.
Publications286 found, 100 shown here
- Functional role of AhR in the expression of toxic effects by TCDDJunsei Mimura
Department of Biomolecular Science, Graduate School of Life Science, Tohoku University, Aoba ku, 980 8578, Sendai, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1619:263-8. 2003..We summarize the present knowledge about functional role of AhR in TCDD-induced biological effects...
- Resveratrol, a natural aryl hydrocarbon receptor antagonist, protects lung from DNA damage and apoptosis caused by benzo[a]pyreneAriel Revel
Division of Reproductive Sciences, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Toronto, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 21X5, Canada
J Appl Toxicol 23:255-61. 2003..All BaP-induced effects could be prevented by resveratrol, suggesting a possible chemopreventive role for this natural phytoalexin against the development of lung cancer...
- Novel compound 2-methyl-2H-pyrazole-3-carboxylic acid (2-methyl-4-o-tolylazo-phenyl)-amide (CH-223191) prevents 2,3,7,8-TCDD-induced toxicity by antagonizing the aryl hydrocarbon receptorSun Hee Kim
School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang 790 784, South Korea
Mol Pharmacol 69:1871-8. 2006..Taken together, these results demonstrate that this novel compound, CH-223191, may be a useful agent for the study of AhR-mediated signal transduction and the prevention of TCDD-associated pathology...
- Antiproliferative and cytostatic effects of the natural product eupatorin on MDA-MB-468 human breast cancer cells due to CYP1-mediated metabolismVasilis Androutsopoulos
Leicester School of Pharmacy, De Montfort University, The Gateway, Leicester, UK
Breast Cancer Res 10:R39. 2008..In this study, we aimed to identify a possible mechanism of action for the antiproliferative effect of eupatorin, which can be attributed to CYP1 family-mediated metabolism...
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor-mediated transcription: ligand-dependent recruitment of estrogen receptor alpha to 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin-responsive promotersJason Matthews
Department of Biosciences at Novum, Karolinska Institutet, Novum 14157, Sweden
Mol Cell Biol 25:5317-28. 2005..Our data suggest that ERalpha acts as a coregulator of AhR-mediated transcriptional activation and that the recruitment of ERalpha by AhR represents a novel mechanism AhR-ERalpha cross talk...
- Identification of the tryptophan photoproduct 6-formylindolo[3,2-b]carbazole, in cell culture medium, as a factor that controls the background aryl hydrocarbon receptor activityMattias Oberg
Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Toxicol Sci 85:935-43. 2005..These results clearly show that tryptophan derived AhR ligands, which have been suggested to be endogenous AhR ligands, influence the background levels of CYP1A1 activity in cells in culture...
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor expression and activity in cerebellar granule neuroblasts: implications for development and dioxin neurotoxicityMary A Williamson
Department of Environmental Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Toxicol Sci 83:340-8. 2005..These data suggest that (1) granule neuroblasts are direct targets for developmental AhR-mediated TCDD neurotoxicity and (2) TCDD exposure may disrupt granule cell neurogenesis...
- Phase I and II carcinogen metabolism gene expression in human lung tissue and tumorsSimon D Spivack
Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Albany, New York, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:6002-11. 2003....
- Low-dose dioxins alter gene expression related to cholesterol biosynthesis, lipogenesis, and glucose metabolism through the aryl hydrocarbon receptor-mediated pathway in mouse liverShoko Sato
Laboratory of Nutrition, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 229:10-9. 2008..These results indicate that changes in gene expression by TCDD are mediated by AHR and that exposure to low-dose TCDD could affect energy metabolism via alterations of gene expression...
- Correlation of cardiotoxicity mediated by halogenated aromatic hydrocarbons to aryl hydrocarbon receptor activationS E Heid
Department of Pharmacology, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
Toxicol Sci 61:187-96. 2001..These results indicate that the ability of HAHs to activate the avian AHR signaling pathway, in general, correlates with their ability to mediate cardiotoxicity in the chick embryo...
- Overexpression of cytochrome P450 1A1 and its novel spliced variant in ovarian cancer cells: alternative subcellular enzyme compartmentation may contribute to carcinogenesisYuet Kin Leung
Department of Surgery, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605 2324, USA
Cancer Res 65:3726-34. 2005..Collectively, these data provided the first evidence that CYP1A1 overexpression and alternative splicing could contribute to ovarian cancer initiation and progression...
- Resveratrol is a selective human cytochrome P450 1A1 inhibitorY J Chun
College of Pharmacy, Chungang University, Seoul, Korea, 156 756
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 262:20-4. 1999..These results suggest that resveratrol is a selective human P450 1A1 inhibitor, and may be considered for use as a strong cancer chemopreventive agent in humans...
- Polymorphisms of the CYP1A1 and GSTM1 gene involved in oral squamous cell carcinoma in association with a cigarette doseK Tanimoto
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery I, Hiroshima University School of Dentistry, Japan
Oral Oncol 35:191-6. 1999..The results also suggested that the involvement of such susceptibility in oral carcinogenesis might be different between the subsites of the oral cavity...
- Relationship between genetic polymorphisms of drug-metabolizing enzymes (CYP1A1, CYP2E1, GSTM1, and NAT2), drinking habits, histological subtypes, and p53 gene point mutations in Japanese patients with gastric cancerShioto Suzuki
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
J Gastroenterol 39:220-30. 2004..Therefore, we studied the relationship between the genetic polymorphisms of drug-metabolizing enzymes, drinking habits, histological subtypes, and p53 gene point mutations in Japanese patients with gastric cancer...
- Multifactor-dimensionality reduction reveals high-order interactions among estrogen-metabolism genes in sporadic breast cancerM D Ritchie
Program in Human Genetics, Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University Medical School, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Am J Hum Genet 69:138-47. 2001..To our knowledge, this is the first report of a four-locus interaction associated with a common complex multifactorial disease...
- Resveratrol inhibits TCDD-induced expression of CYP1A1 and CYP1B1 and catechol estrogen-mediated oxidative DNA damage in cultured human mammary epithelial cellsZhi Hua Chen
College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, South Korea
Carcinogenesis 25:2005-13. 2004....
- Expression of CYP1A1 and CYP1B1 in human endothelial cells: regulation by fluid shear stressDaniel E Conway
Wallace H Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology Emory University School of Medicine, 313 Ferst Drive, Suite 2116, Atlanta, GA 30332 0535, USA
Cardiovasc Res 81:669-77. 2009....
- Role of aryl hydrocarbon receptor-mediated induction of the CYP1 enzymes in environmental toxicity and cancerDaniel W Nebert
Department of Environmental Health and Center for Environmental Genetics, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0056, USA
J Biol Chem 279:23847-50. 2004..In the future, use of "humanized" mouse lines, containing a human AHR or CYP1 allele in place of the orthologous mouse gene, is one likely approach to show that the AHR and the CYP1 enzymes in human behave similarly to that in mouse...
- CYP1A1, cigarette smoking, and colon and rectal cancerMartha L Slattery
Health Research Center, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Am J Epidemiol 160:842-52. 2004..These data support the association between smoking and colon and rectal cancer. Smoking may have a greater impact on colorectal cancer risk based on CYP1A1 genotype; this might further be modified by GSTM1 for rectal cancer risk...
- Activation of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor by structurally diverse exogenous and endogenous chemicalsMichael S Denison
Department of Environmental Toxicology, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 43:309-34. 2003....
- Metabolic activation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons to carcinogens by cytochromes P450 1A1 and 1B1Tsutomu Shimada
Osaka Prefectural Institute of Public Health, Higashinari ku, Osaka 537 0025, Japan
Cancer Sci 95:1-6. 2004..Differences in the susceptibility of individuals to the adverse action of PAHs may, in part, be due to differences in the levels of expression of CYP1A1 and 1B1 and to genetic variations in the CYP1A1 and 1B1 genes...
- Combinations of cytochrome P-450 genotypes and risk of early-onset lung cancer in Caucasians and African Americans: a population-based studyM L Cote
Population Studies and Prevention Program, Karmanos Cancer Institute at Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, United States
Lung Cancer 55:255-62. 2007..41 95% Cl 0.19-0.90). These results were not replicated among the African American population, nor were they modified by amount of smoking...
- Evidence for an aryl hydrocarbon receptor-mediated cytochrome p450 autoregulatory pathwayChristopher R Chiaro
Graduate Program in Genetics The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Mol Pharmacol 72:1369-79. 2007..These results suggest that there is an autoregulatory feedback loop between the AhR and cytochrome P450 1A1 in mouse lung...
- Interactive effects of superoxide anion and nitric oxide on blood pressure and renal hemodynamics in transgenic rats with inducible malignant hypertensionMatthew E Patterson
Dept of Physiology, Tulane Univ Health Sciences Center, 1430 Tulane Ave, SL39, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 289:F754-9. 2005..These findings indicate that superoxide anion contributes to the elevated RVR and increased arterial blood pressure, by a mechanism that is at least in part nitric oxide dependent, in Cyp1a1-Ren2 rats with malignant hypertension...
- Endothelial cell cytochrome P450 1A1 and 1B1: up-regulation by shear stressSuzanne G Eskin
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia 30309, USA
Endothelium 11:1-10. 2004..Protein levels of CYP1A1 in HUVECs were up-regulated under shear stress, whereas protein levels of CYP1B1 were not...
- Anticancer effects of the flavonoid diosmetin on cell cycle progression and proliferation of MDA-MB 468 breast cancer cells due to CYP1 activationVasilis P Androutsopoulos
Leicester School of Pharmacy, De Montfort University, The Gateway, Leicester, LE1 9BH, UK
Oncol Rep 21:1525-8. 2009..We suggest that diosmetin exerts cytostatic effects in MDA-MB 468 cells, due to CYP1A1 and CYP1B1 catalyzed conversion to the flavone luteolin...
- Association between xenobiotic gene polymorphisms and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma riskIan Kerridge
Hunter Haematology Research Group, Newcastle Mater Hospital, Newcastle, Australia
Br J Haematol 118:477-81. 2002....
- Genetically high susceptibility to oral squamous cell carcinoma in terms of combined genotyping of CYP1A1 and GSTM1 genesM Sato
Maxillofacial Surgery, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 5 45, Yushima 1 chome, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Oral Oncol 36:267-71. 2000..Individuals with a combined genotype of Val/Val and GSTM1(-) were at an increased risk for oral SCC compared with other combined genotypes, in particular, at a low dose level of cigarette smoking...
- Induction of cytochrome P4501A1J P Whitlock
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305 5332, USA
Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 39:103-25. 1999....
- Dietary accumulation and biochemical responses of juvenile rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) to 3,3',4,4',5-pentachlorobiphenyl (PCB 126)Scott B Brown
Environment Canada, National Water Research Institute, 867 Lakeshore Blvd, PO Box 5050, Ont, L7R 4A6, Burlington, Canada
Aquat Toxicol 59:139-52. 2002..This indicates that the functional competences of the physiological factors associated with growth were maintained under the experimental conditions...
- Involvement of a post-transcriptional mechanism in the inhibition of CYP1A1 expression by resveratrol in breast cancer cellsJ E Lee
Department of Veterinary Physiology and Pharmacology, Texas A and M University, 4466 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843-4466, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 62:1113-24. 2001..These data suggest that resveratrol inhibits CYP1A1 via an AhR-independent post-transcriptional pathway...
- Altered thyroxin and retinoid metabolic response to 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin in aryl hydrocarbon receptor-null miceNoriko Nishimura
Endocrine Disruptors and Dioxin Research Project, National Institute for Environmental Studies, 305 8506 Tsukuba, Japan
Arch Toxicol 79:260-7. 2005..We conclude that disruption of thyroid hormone and retinoid homeostasis is mediated entirely via AhR. Induction of UGT1A6 is thought to be responsible at least partly for reduced serum thyroid hormone levels in TCDD-exposed mice...
- Nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of the aryl hydrocarbon receptorT Ikuta
Saitama Cancer Center Research Institute, Komuro, Ina machi, Kitaadachi gun, Saitama 362 0806, Japan
J Biochem 127:503-9. 2000..The findings suggest that nuclear-cytoplasmic shuttling of AhR is essential for the inducible expression of the CYP1A1 protein...
- Analysis of aryl hydrocarbon receptor-mediated signaling during physiological hypoxia reveals lack of competition for the aryl hydrocarbon nuclear translocator transcription factorR S Pollenz
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29403, USA
Mol Pharmacol 56:1127-37. 1999....
- Cytochrome P4501A (CYP1A) in killifish (Fundulus heteroclitus): heritability of altered expression and relationship to survival in contaminated sedimentsJoel N Meyer
Nicholas School of the Environment and Earth Sciences and Integrated Toxicology Program, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708 0328, USA
Toxicol Sci 68:69-81. 2002..Additionally, we investigated the hypothesis that low CYP1A activity (measured as in ovo EROD activity) would correlate to increased survival in Elizabeth River sediment pore water; this hypothesis was not supported by our results...
- Determination of cytochrome P450 1A activities in mammalian liver microsomes by high-performance liquid chromatography with fluorescence detectionN Hanioka
Division of Environmental Chemistry, National Institute of Health Sciences, Tokyo, Japan
J Chromatogr B Biomed Sci Appl 744:399-406. 2000..Therefore, this method is applicable to in vivo and in vitro studies on the interaction of xenobiotic chemicals with cytochrome CYP1A isoforms in mammals...
- Polychlorinated biphenyls, cytochrome P450 1A1, and breast cancer risk in the Nurses' Health StudyFrancine Laden
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 11:1560-5. 2002..99-7.82). The majority of studies have concluded that exposure to PCBs is unlikely to be a major cause of breast cancer, but these findings indicate that further studies of genetically susceptible populations are warranted...
- Effects of occupation, lifestyle and genetic polymorphisms of CYP1A1, CYP2E1, GSTM1 and GSTT1 on urinary 1-hydroxypyrene and 2-naphthol concentrationsH M Nan
Department of Preventive Medicine, College of Medicine, Chungbuk National University, South Korea
Carcinogenesis 22:787-93. 2001..In individuals not occupationally exposed to PAHs GSTM1 and smoking seem to influence the urinary concentration of 2-naphthol...
- 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin toxicity in the zebrafish embryo: local circulation failure in the dorsal midbrain is associated with increased apoptosisWu Dong
Department of Toxicology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Rakuno Gakuen University, Ebetsu 069 8501, Japan
Toxicol Sci 69:191-201. 2002..Taken together, these results suggest that TCDD induces apoptosis in the midbrain of the zebrafish embryo secondary to local circulation failure, which could be related to AHR activation, induction of CYP1A, and oxidative stress...
- A constitutively active dioxin/aryl hydrocarbon receptor promotes hepatocarcinogenesis in miceOliver Moennikes
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Abteilung Toxikologie, Universitat Tubingen, Wilhelmstrasse 56, 72074 Tubingen, Germany
Cancer Res 64:4707-10. 2004....
- The human CYP1A1 gene is regulated in a developmental and tissue-specific fashion in transgenic miceAlema Galijatovic
Laboratory of Environmental Toxicology, Department of Pharmacology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093, USA
J Biol Chem 279:23969-76. 2004..Combined these results indicate that tissue-specific and developmental factors are controlling aryl hydrocarbon receptor-mediated induction of human CYP1A1...
- A constitutively active dioxin/aryl hydrocarbon receptor induces stomach tumorsPatrik Andersson
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institute, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:9990-5. 2002....
- Resistance of MCF-7 cells to dimethylbenz(a)anthracene-induced apoptosis is due to reduced CYP1A1 expressionHenry P Ciolino
Cellular Defense and Carcinogenesis Section, Basic Research Laboratory, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Int J Oncol 21:385-91. 2002..These data demonstrate that AH resistance in these cells is mediated by changes in the signal transduction pathway which regulates CYP1A1 expression...
- Relationship of tobacco smoking CYP1A1 GSTM1 gene polymorphism and esophageal cancer in Xi'anAn hui Wang
Department of Epidemiology, Faculty of Preventive Medicine, Fourth Military Medical University Xi an 710032, Shaanxi Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 8:49-53. 2002..To analyze the association of tobacco smoking polymorphism of CYP1A1 (7th exon) and GSTM1 genotype and esophageal cancer(EC) in Xi'an...
- Influence of genetic polymorphisms of CYP1A1 and GSTM1 on the urinary levels of 1-hydroxypyreneP Apostoli
Chair of Industrial Hygiene, Department of Experimental and Applied Medicine, University of Brescia, P le Spedali Civili, 1, Brescia 25123, Italy
Toxicol Lett 144:27-34. 2003..No influence of the genetic polymorphism of CYP1A1 and GSTM1 on the urinary levels of 1-OH-P was observed in this study...
- Polychlorinated biphenyls, cytochrome P4501A1 polymorphism, and postmenopausal breast cancer riskK B Moysich
Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, SUNY Buffalo, New York 14214, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 8:41-4. 1999..These results should be considered preliminary, pending replication by other studies...
- Oral exposure to benzo[a]pyrene in the mouse: detoxication by inducible cytochrome P450 is more important than metabolic activationShigeyuki Uno
Department of Environmental Health, Center for Environmental Genetics, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, OH 45267 0056, USA
Mol Pharmacol 65:1225-37. 2004....
- In vitro evaluation of amino acid prodrugs of novel antitumour 2-(4-amino-3-methylphenyl)benzothiazolesT D Bradshaw
Cancer Research Laboratories, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK
Br J Cancer 86:1348-54. 2002..Amino acid prodrugs meet the criteria of aqueous solubility, chemical stability and quantitative reversion to parent molecule, and thus are suitable for in vivo preclinical evaluation...
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor mediates sensitivity of MCF-7 breast cancer cells to antitumor agent 2-(4-amino-3-methylphenyl) benzothiazoleAndrea I Loaiza-Pérez
Developmental Therapeutics Program, Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Pharmacol 61:13-9. 2002..These results suggest that clarification of the basis for differential engagement of AhR-related signaling in different tumor cell types may aid in further preclinical development and perhaps early clinical studies...
- Preclinical evaluation of amino acid prodrugs of novel antitumor 2-(4-amino-3-methylphenyl)benzothiazolesTracey D Bradshaw
Cancer Research Laboratories, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2RD, United Kingdom
Mol Cancer Ther 1:239-46. 2002..The lysyl amide prodrug of 2-(4-amino-3-methylphenyl)-5-fluorobenzothiazole is potentially suitable for clinical evaluation...
- Genetic susceptibility and environmental factors of esophageal cancer in Xi'anAn hui Wang
Department of Epidemiology, Faculty of Preventive Medicine, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710033, Shanxi Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:940-4. 2004..To analyse the role of genetic susceptibility and environmental factors in the process of esophageal cancer (EC) formation in Xi'an, China...
- Constitutive regulation of CYP1B1 by the aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR) in pre-malignant and malignant mammary tissueXinhai Yang
Department of Environmental Health, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Cell Biochem 104:402-17. 2008..These studies suggest that constitutively active AhR mediates different molecular outcomes than environmental chemical-activated AhR, and further implicate the AhR in mammary tumorigenesis...
- Genetic polymorphisms of drug-metabolizing enzymes and susceptibility to oral cavity cancerMatthias Hahn
Institute of Pathology, Department of Medicine of the Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer, 68135 Mannheim, Germany
Oral Oncol 38:486-90. 2002..587). Almost identical genotype distributions between cases and controls were found for all three NAT2 acetylators. Hence, these three genetic polymorphisms are unlikely to be associated with oral cavity cancer in the population studied...
- 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin induces apoptotic cell death and cytochrome P4501A expression in developing Fundulus heteroclitus embryosB H Toomey
Nicholas School of the Environment, Duke University, Durham, NC 27709, USA
Aquat Toxicol 53:127-38. 2001..In addition the dose response relationships for apoptosis and mortality were similar, while CYP1A expression appeared more sensitive to TCDD induction...
- Role of human cytochrome P450 (CYP) in the metabolic activation of N-alkylnitrosamines: application of genetically engineered Salmonella typhimurium YG7108 expressing each form of CYP together with human NADPH-cytochrome P450 reductaseK Fujita
Laboratory of Drug Metabolism, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Kita-Ku N12W6, 060-0812, Sapporo, Japan
Mutat Res 483:35-41. 2001..CYP2A6 played major roles in the activation of NDEA, NDPA, NMPA, NMBA and NEBA. Interestingly, CYP1A1 became a molecular form of CYP playing a major role in the metabolic activation of NDBA...
- Immunohistochemical localization of thyroid stimulating hormone induced by a low oral dose of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin in female Sprague-Dawley ratsNoriko Nishimura
Environmental Health Sciences Division, National Institute for Environmental Studies, 16 2 Onogawa, 305 8506, Tsukuba, Japan
Toxicology 171:73-82. 2002....
- Role of coactivators in transcriptional activation by the aryl hydrocarbon receptorOliver Hankinson
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Molecular Biology Institute, and Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 433:379-86. 2005....
- Genetic polymorphism of cytochrome P4501A1 and susceptibility to oral squamous cell carcinoma and oral precancer lesions associated with smoking/betel useShou Yen Kao
Department of Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan, ROC
J Oral Pathol Med 31:505-11. 2002..It is also important to evaluate the association between CYP1A1 polymorphisms and susceptibility of oral precancerous lesion (OPL) to confirm the findings in OSCC cases...
- The effect of synthetic glucocorticoid, dexamethasone on CYP1A1 inducibility in adult rat and human hepatocytesKatalin Monostory
Chemical Research Center, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, PO Box 17, H 1525 Budapest, Hungary
FEBS Lett 579:229-35. 2005..Dexamethasone potentiates the induction of CYP1A1 about 3- to 4-fold in rat cells. In human hepatocytes, it reduces CYP1A1 induction by 50-60% at enzyme protein level, while it does not have an effect on CYP1A1 mRNA amount...
- Polymorphism in CYP1A1 and CYP2E1 genes and susceptibility to leukoplakia in Indian tobacco usersNilabja Sikdar
Anthropology and Human Genetics Unit, Biological Sciences Division, Indian Statistical Institute, 203 B T Road, Kolkata 700108, India
Cancer Lett 195:33-42. 2003..But the low sample size limited the power to precisely estimate the tobacco-genotype interactions...
- Characterization of the oxidative metabolites of 17beta-estradiol and estrone formed by 15 selectively expressed human cytochrome p450 isoformsAnthony J Lee
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina 29208, USA
Endocrinology 144:3382-98. 2003..In conclusion, many human CYP isoforms are involved in the oxidative metabolism of 17beta-estradiol and estrone, with a varying degree of catalytic activity and distinct regioselectivity...
- Interactions between the aryl hydrocarbon receptor and P-TEFb. Sequential recruitment of transcription factors and differential phosphorylation of C-terminal domain of RNA polymerase II at cyp1a1 promoterYanan Tian
Department of Veterinary Physiology and Pharmacology, MS 4466, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843, USA
J Biol Chem 278:44041-8. 2003..Finally, we show that ligand-activated AhR associated with P-TEFb through the C terminus of cyclin T1, suggesting that AhR recruit the P-TEFb to the cyp1a1 promoter whereupon its kinase subunit phosphorylates the RNA PII CTD...
- The presence of inducible cytochrome P450 types 1A1 and 1A2 in the BeWo cell lineM L Avery
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, The University of Kansas, Lawrence 66047, USA
Placenta 24:45-52. 2003..These results show that major cytochrome P450 forms present in human placenta are present and inducible in BeWo cells, a potential model for investigation of drug metabolism mechanisms in the human trophoblast...
- Physiological role of the N-terminal processed P4501A1 targeted to mitochondria in erythromycin metabolism and reversal of erythromycin-mediated inhibition of mitochondrial protein synthesisH K Anandatheerthavarada
Department of Animal Biology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6047, USA
J Biol Chem 274:6617-25. 1999..These results for the first time suggest a physiological function for the xenobiotic inducible cytochrome P4501A1 against drug-mediated mitochondrial toxicity...
- Activation of mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs) by aromatic hydrocarbons: role in the regulation of aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR) functionZongqing Tan
Department of Environmental Health, Center for Environmental Genetics, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0056, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 64:771-80. 2002..These data indicate that AHR ligands elicit AHR-independent non-genomic events that are essential for AHR activation and function...
- Sex differences in lung CYP1A1 expression and DNA adduct levels among lung cancer patientsS Mollerup
Department of Toxicology, National Institute of Occupational Health, Oslo, Norway
Cancer Res 59:3317-20. 1999..50, P = 0.009). In conclusion, the observed sex difference in aromatic/hydrophobic DNA adduct levels may at least in part be explained by different levels of CYP1A1 expression...
- A C4887A polymorphism in exon 7 of human CYP1A1: population frequency, mutation linkages, and impact on lung cancer susceptibilityI Cascorbi
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, University Clinic Charite, Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
Cancer Res 56:4965-9. 1996..87% (95% confidence limits, 1.32%, 5.37%); it was 2.87% (95% confidence limits, 1.71%, 4.49%) in 314 controls matched by age and sex. Thus, the novel m4-mutation may not represent a susceptibility factor for lung cancer...
- Interaction of cytochrome P4501A1 genotypes with other risk factors and susceptibility to lung cancerParag P Shah
Developmental Toxicology Division, Industrial Toxicology Research Centre, Lucknow 226001, India
Mutat Res 639:1-10. 2008....
- Dose-dependent titration of prorenin and blood pressure in Cyp1a1ren-2 transgenic rats: absence of prorenin-induced glomerulosclerosisBarbara Peters
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
J Hypertens 26:102-9. 2008..In cyp1a1ren-2 transgenic rats, prorenin levels and arterial pressure can be increased by oral administration of indole-3-carbinol (I3C). The transgenic strain has been used as a model of malignant hypertension...
- Regulation of cytochrome P4501A1 expression by hyperoxia in human lung cell lines: Implications for hyperoxic lung injuryKushal Y Bhakta
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Neonatology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 233:169-78. 2008..This novel finding of induction of CYP1A1 in the absence of exogenous AHR ligands could lead to novel interventions in the treatment of BPD...
- Flavonoids as aryl hydrocarbon receptor agonists/antagonists: effects of structure and cell contextShu Zhang
Department of Veterinary Physiology and Pharmacology, Texas AM University, College Station 77843 4466, USA
Environ Health Perspect 111:1877-82. 2003....
- In vivo and in vitro inhibition of CYP1A-dependent activity in Fundulus heteroclitus by the polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbon fluorantheneK L Willett
Department of Pharmacology and Environmental Toxicology Research Program, University of Mississippi, University, Mississippi 38677 1848, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 177:264-71. 2001..Because FL and perhaps other inhibitory PAHs, co-occur in the environment with CYP1A inducers, CYP1A-dependent bioassays may cause an underestimation of PAH exposures...
- Antitumor benzothiazoles. 14. Synthesis and in vitro biological properties of fluorinated 2-(4-aminophenyl)benzothiazolesI Hutchinson
Cancer Research Laboratories, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2RD, United Kingdom
J Med Chem 44:1446-55. 2001..Induction of cytochrome P450 CYP1A1, a crucial event in determining the antitumor specificity of this series of benzothiazoles, was not compromised. 10h is currently the focus of pharmaceutical and preclinical development...
- A dioxin sensitive gene, mammalian WAPL, is implicated in spermatogenesisMasahiko Kuroda
Department of Pathology, Tokyo Medical University, 6 1 1 Shinjuku, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8402, Japan
FEBS Lett 579:167-72. 2005..Thus, mammalian WAPL such as hWAPL and mWAPL may be involved in spermatogenesis and be target genes mediating the reproductive toxicity induced by TCDD...
- Genetic polymorphisms in biotransformation enzymes in Crohn's disease: association with microsomal epoxide hydrolaseD J de Jong
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Gut 52:547-51. 2003..As chemical or oxidative stress may be involved in the aetiology of Crohn's disease, genes encoding for enzymes involved in the prevention of such stress may be candidates for genetic susceptibility to Crohn's disease...
- Requirement of aryl hydrocarbon receptor overexpression for CYP1B1 up-regulation and cell growth in human lung adenocarcinomasJinghua Tsai Chang
Institute of Medical and Molecular Toxicology, Chung Shan Medical University, Taiwan, ROC
Clin Cancer Res 13:38-45. 2007..We examined the association between AhR, CYP1B1, and CYP1A1 expression in noninvasive bronchioloalveolar carcinomas (BAC) and lung adenocarcinomas and investigated the effects of AhR overexpression on cell physiology...
- Crosstalk between the aryl hydrocarbon receptor and hypoxia on the constitutive expression of cytochrome P4501A1 mRNANan Zhang
College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, 2703 Frontier NE, Albuquerque, NM 87131 5691, USA
Cardiovasc Toxicol 7:282-90. 2007..In conclusion, constitutive CYP1A1 mRNA expression is dependent on AHR and is reduced by hypoxia via a HIF-2alpha-dependent mechanism, which may be mediated by a HIF-2alpha-dependent reduction of AHR expression...
- Risk potentials for humans of original and remediated PAH-contaminated soils: application of biomarkers of effectPeter H Roos
Institute of Occupational Physiology, University of Dortmund, Ardeystr 67, D 44139 Dortmund, Germany
Toxicology 205:181-94. 2004..This concerns, for example, the identification of the suitable animal model, the identification of biomarkers for other contaminants and concepts to transpose the in vivo data to in vitro technologies or to mathematical modelling...
- Juvenile sea bass liver P450, EROD induction, and erythrocytic genotoxic responses to PAH and PAH-like compoundsC Gravato
Animal Physiology Ecotoxicology Sector, University of Aveiro, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 51:115-27. 2002..Despite the low liver P450 content and EROD activity induction by NAPH and B(a)P, their genotoxic potential was higher than that of BNF...
- Functional interference between hypoxia and dioxin signal transduction pathways: competition for recruitment of the Arnt transcription factorK Gradin
Department of Medical Nutrition, Karolinksa Institute, Huddinge, Sweden
Mol Cell Biol 16:5221-31. 1996..Given the critical role of hsp90 for ligand binding activity and activation of the dioxin receptor, it is therefore possible that HIF-1 alpha is regulated by a similar mechanism, possibly by binding an as yet unknown class of ligands...
- Resveratrol inhibits benzo[a]pyrene-DNA adduct formation in human bronchial epithelial cellsG Berge
Department of Toxicology, National Institute of Occupational Health, PO Box 8149 Dep, Oslo N 0033, Norway
Br J Cancer 91:333-8. 2004..In conclusion, these data lend support to a chemopreventive role of resveratrol in polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon-induced carcinogenesis...
- Route-specific cellular expression of cytochrome P4501A (CYP1A) in fish (Fundulus heteroclitus) following exposure to aqueous and dietary benzo[a]pyreneP A Van Veld
College of William and Mary, Virginia Institute of Marine Science, School of Marine Science, Gloucester Point 23062, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 142:348-59. 1997..The results of this study support the use of tissue-specific patterns of CYP1A expression in identification of target sites and exposure routes for polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and other compounds...
- Expression and function of ABCB1 and ABCG2 in human placental tissueDhanashri Kolwankar
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota, 308 Harvard St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 33:524-9. 2005..In summary, both ABCB1 and ABCG2 are expressed at high levels in human placenta and are functionally active, suggesting a protective role with respect to fetal exposure to xenobiotics ingested by the mother...
- Phenotype of the Cyp1a1/1a2/1b1-/- triple-knockout mouseNadine Dragin
Department of Environmental Health, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, P O Box 670056, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0056, USA
Mol Pharmacol 73:1844-56. 2008....
- CYP1A1 gene polymorphism and risk of epithelial ovarian neoplasmDilek Aktas
Department of Genetics, Hacettepe University Medical School, 06100, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Gynecol Oncol 86:124-8. 2002..Therefore, we assessed the association of CYP1A1 gene polymorphism in patients with epithelial ovarian neoplasm in the Turkish populations through a case-control study...
- Increased arylhydrocarbon receptor expression offers a potential therapeutic target for pancreatic cancerAlexander Koliopanos
Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University of Bern, Inselspital, Switzerland
Oncogene 21:6059-70. 2002..In addition, almost all human pancreatic cancer tissues expressed this receptor at high levels, suggesting that these or related compounds may play a role in the therapy of pancreatic cancer in the future...
- CYP1A1 Val462 and NQO1 Ser187 polymorphisms, cigarette use, and risk for colorectal adenomaLifang Hou
Department of Human and Health Services, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, Pediatric Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 7240, USA
Carcinogenesis 26:1122-8. 2005..002). In summary, joint carriage of CYP1A1 Val(462) and NQO1 Ser(187) alleles, particularly in smokers, was related to colorectal adenoma risk, with a propensity for formation of multiple lesions...
- Conditional deletion of cytochrome P450 oxidoreductase in the liver and gastrointestinal tract: a new model for studying the functions of the P450 systemRobert D Finn
Cancer Research UK Molecular Pharmacology Unit, Biomedical Research Centre, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee DD1 9SY, UK
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 322:40-7. 2007..This model provides a powerful approach for studying the functions of POR as well as in the evaluation of the role of hepatic and gastrointestinal P450s in drug deposition and chemical toxicity...
- CYP1A1 and GSTM1 genotypes affect benzo[a]pyrene DNA adducts in smokers' lung: comparison with aromatic/hydrophobic adduct formationKroum Alexandrov
German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Division of Toxicology and Cancer Risk Factors, P O Box 101949, D 69009 Heidelberg, Germany
Carcinogenesis 23:1969-77. 2002....
- Null type of glutathione S-transferase M1 polymorphism is associated with early onset pterygiumYi Yu Tsai
Department of Ophthalmology, China Medical University Hospital and Institute of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Mol Vis 10:458-61. 2004..To investigate the association of glutathione S-transferase M1 (GSTM1) null genotype with pterygium...
- Chromium inhibits transcription from polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon-inducible promoters by blocking the release of histone deacetylase and preventing the binding of p300 to chromatinYu Dan Wei
Center for Environmental Genetics and Department of Environmental Health, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45220 0056, USA
J Biol Chem 279:4110-9. 2004..These results provide a mechanistic explanation for the observation that chromium inhibits inducible but not constitutive gene expression...
- Effects of polybrominated diphenyl ethers on basal and TCDD-induced ethoxyresorufin activity and cytochrome P450-1A1 expression in MCF-7, HepG2, and H4IIE cellsA K Peters
Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences, Utrecht University, PO Box 80176, 3508 TD Utrecht, The Netherlands
Toxicol Sci 82:488-96. 2004..However, inhibition of luciferase induction in mouse (Hepa) and rat (H4IIE) hepatoma cells containing a stably transfected AhR-responsive luciferase reporter gene, suggests that BDE77 is a weak AhR antagonist or partial agonist...
- The development of the antitumour benzothiazole prodrug, Phortress, as a clinical candidateT D Bradshaw
Centre for Biomolecular Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK
Curr Med Chem 11:1009-21. 2004..Aspects of mechanism of action studies, in vitro and in vivo screening, synthetic chemistry and pharmacokinetics are reviewed here...
- Pooled analysis of the CYP1A1 exon 7 polymorphism and lung cancer (United States)Loic Le Marchand
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Cancer Causes Control 14:339-46. 2003....
- DRESSA: biosensing of dioxin and dioxin-like chemicals using secreted alkaline phosphataseAyumi Kasai
Department of Biochemistry, Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Medicine and Engineering, University of Yamanashi, Tamaho, Yamanashi 409 3898, Japan
Anal Biochem 335:73-80. 2004....
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor activation of an antitumor aminoflavone: basis of selective toxicity for MCF-7 breast tumor cellsAndrea I Loaiza-Pérez
Developmental Therapeutics Program, Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Building 322, Room 104, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 3:715-25. 2004..These results suggest that the cytotoxicity of aminoflavone in a sensitive breast tumor cell line is the result of the engagement of AhR-mediated signal transduction...
- Polymorphisms in steroid hormone pathway genes and mammographic densityChristopher A Haiman
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health Boston, MA, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 77:27-36. 2003..However, our findings of differences in associations for UGT1A1 and AIB1 genotypes with breast density by menopausal status needs additional corroboration...
- DNA damage and cell cycle arrest induced by 2-(4-amino-3-methylphenyl)-5-fluorobenzothiazole (5F 203, NSC 703786) is attenuated in aryl hydrocarbon receptor deficient MCF-7 cellsV Trapani
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nottingham, UK
Br J Cancer 88:599-605. 2003..The data confirm that activation of the AhR signalling pathway is an important feature of the antitumour activity of 5F 203...
- Relationships between tissue levels of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD), mRNAs, and toxicity in the developing male Wistar(Han) ratDavid R Bell
School of Biology, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RD, United Kingdom
Toxicol Sci 99:591-604. 2007..These data characterize the maternal and fetal disposition of TCDD, induction of CYP1A1 RNA as a measure of AhR activation, and suggest that lactational transfer of TCDD determines the difference in delay in BPS between the two studies...
- An evidence for regulatory cross-talk between aryl hydrocarbon receptor and glucocorticoid receptor in HepG2 cellsZ Dvorak
Institute of Medical Chemistry and Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Palacky University Olomouc, Hnevotinska 3, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 57:427-35. 2008..Future research should be focused on the investigation of AhR-GR cross-talk in various normal human cells and tissues both in vitro and in vivo...
- Association of CYP1A1 polymorphisms with breast cancer in North Indian womenNeetu Singh
Genotoxicity Laboratory, Toxicology Division, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow 226 001, Uttar Pradesh, India
Oncol Res 16:587-97. 2007..This indicates that out of ml and m2 polymorphisms that have been reported in Asians, only m2 is associated with North Indians...
- CYP1A1 GENOTYPE & INDUCIBIL PHENOTYPE-HUM LUNG CA RISKJennifer Hu; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- BREAST CANCER RISK--RESIDENTIAL ENVIRONMENT AND GENETICSJo Freudenheim; Fiscal Year: 2001..This is a unique and cost effective opportunity to examine a hypothesis of potentially great public health importance in a relatively residentially stable population. ..
- GENE MUTATIONS IN ESTROGEN-INDUCED CARCINOGENESISJOACHIM LIEHR; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- MINORITY PREDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMDEANNA WORMLEY; Fiscal Year: 2002..LTP decrements and dysregulation of AhR, ARNT, and CYP 1A1/1A2 in the developing nervous system. These results will suggest that environmental mixtures play an antagonistic role in the development of the CNS. ..
- RECEPTOR MEDIATED OXIDATIVE STRESSHOWARD SHERTZER; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will improve our understanding of how PHAHs such as TCDD generate oxidative stress and mutagenesis, leading to better models for risk assessment and novel strategies for intervention in PHAH-mediated toxicity. ..
- Carcinogenicity of EstrogensDAVID SPINK; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies may elucidate roles of estrogen in the regulation of Ah responsiveness, CYP1 expression, and carcinogen bioactivation that may lead to novel breast cancer chemoprevention strategies. ..
- Glutathione in Environmental Toxicity and DiseaseHOWARD SHERTZER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our proposed research should therefore help focus future genotype-phenotype association studies between the appropriate DNA variant sites in the GCLC and GCLM genes and disease. ..
- CYP1A1 GENE AND ENVIRONMENTAL TOXICITYDaniel Nebert; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- PAHs: Balance of Detoxication vs Metabolic ActivationDaniel Nebert; Fiscal Year: 2009..dissemination of ingested BaP and will be informative in clinical studies in which we would determine which haplotypes of these three human genes might be associated with resistance vs. sensitivity to PAH-induced toxicity and cancer. ..
- Molecular Genetics of Cadmium ToxicityDaniel W Nebert; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- GENOTOXICITY IN CYP1A2 DEFICIENT TRANSGENIC MICEDaniel Nebert; Fiscal Year: 2002..S. population. ..
- The TGFbeta Pathway, Gene Variants and Colorectal Neopl*Loic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Diet, Genetic Susceptibility and Colorectal NeoplasiaLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2006..Genotyping for random markers will permit to exclude residual confounding by ethnicity. ..
- Ethnic/Racial Minorities in the Colon CFRLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Epidemiology of Pancreatic CancerDonghui Li; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such information will be valuable for the primary prevention of this deadly disease. ..
- GENES, DIET AND CARCINOGEN ACTIVATION IN SMOKERSLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2004..The elucidation of the main enzymes responsible for carcinogen activation and of the impact of dietary factors on these enzymes would have important implications for cancer prevention. ..
- Case-Control Study of Adenoma in Sao Paulo JapaneseLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hawaii Colorectal Cancer Family RegistryLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will also propose a CFR pilot study exploring the feasibility of assessing assorted mating as evidence for population stratification. ..
- Roles of CYP1 & 19 in Fundulus Steroids & PAH MetabolismKristine Willett; Fiscal Year: 2009..This research will further define the utility of Fundulus as a model organism for studying PAH-associated toxicities and in the development of human CYP19 or CYP1 B-related therapeutics. ..
- Cytochrome P450 regulation by hyperoxia and nitric oxideXanthi Couroucli; Fiscal Year: 2006..The studies will also help identify appropriate supportive therapies to minimize any adverse effects arising out of this clinically important therapy. ..
- Regulation of cyp1a1 by Ah Receptor and NFkB InteractionYanan Tian; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed studies will help us gain mechanistic understandings of the functions of AhR and NF-kB in normal physiology as well as pathogenesis induced by dioxin and related compounds. ..
- MECHANISM OF PORPHYRIA CAUSED BY TCDDPeter Sinclair; Fiscal Year: 2002..II. To determine whether human CYP1A2 has an essential role in UROgen oxidation and the development of uroporphyria. III. To study the interaction of Fe and CYP1A2 in the development of uroporphyria. ..
- Analysis and Effect of Persistent Ah Receptor ActivationMichael Denison; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Aldosterone in angiotensin II-induced hypertensionRudy Ortiz; Fiscal Year: 2005..Unlike previous studies, the present study will provide a more comprehensive examination of the renal effects induced by aldo antagonism. ..
- SWAN Sleep Study II - Chicago (Rush) SiteHoward Kravitz; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results can inform primary prevention of adverse health outcomes due to the menopause-related sleep disturbances. ..
- CYTOKINES AS PREDICTORS OF DISEASE PROGRESSION IN SCLERODERMA LUNG DISEASEMichael Roth; Fiscal Year: 2009..It will also allow us to develop biologic markers and predictors of disease progression and to determine which patients would benefit most from treatment with cytotoxic therapy. ..
- SCREENS TO IDENTIFY GAIN OF FUNCTION AH RECEPTOR MUTANTS INVOLVED IN DEGRADATIONRICHARD POLLENZ; Fiscal Year: 2008..e. steroid hormone receptors). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular mechanisms of cytochrome P4501A regulation by hyperoxiaBhagavatula Moorthy; Fiscal Year: 2010..Using animal and cell culture models, this project is aimed at developing rational strategies for the prevention and treatment of lung diseases (e.g. BPD and ARDS) associated with hyperoxia. ..
- METABOLISM OF CARCINOGENIC TOBACCO SPECIFIC NITROSAMINESStephen Hecht; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- CARCINOGEN ACTIVATION AND SCREENING IN VARIANT CELLSOliver Hankinson; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- DIET AND DURATION OF CERVICAL HPV INFECTIONMARC GOODMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Resistance and Response Mechanisms to Prostate Cancer TherapyTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will test the effectiveness of novel treatments that exploit newly discovered targets in the laboratory and lay the foundation for human trials to develop effective prostate cancer treatment. ..
- Change in Bone, Arthritis, Function: Hormones & ObesityMaryFran Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- CARCINOGENIC CYCLIC NITROSAMINE DNA ADDUCTSStephen S Hecht; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed research is significant because of the known human exposure to these carcinogens through the diet, tobacco products, and endogenous formation. ..
- 2008 Oceans and Human Health Gordon Research ConferenceJOHN STEGEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..The significance of the field is reflected by the support of Centers for Oceans and Human Health by the NIEHS and the National Science Foundation. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Functional Status and the Menopause TransitionMaryFran R Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2010..Among the elderly, older women live longer, develop more chronic disease and experience more prolonged and severe disability than older men. ..
- Telomere dysfunction, oxidative damage and breast cancer riskJing Shen; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Anticancer Potential of Black Cohosh on Breast CancerLINDA EINBOND; Fiscal Year: 2007..This research project could identify new approaches to breast cancer prevention and therapy. ..
- Sphingolipid signaling in olfactory mucosaMary Beth Genter; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Acupuncture for hot flashes in prostate cancer patientsTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2004..The overall goal is to provide prostate cancer patients an effective, low toxicity, non-pharmacologic treatment modality for hot flashes. ..
- NO, Genotype Dependent & Environment Specific RegulationXing Li Wang; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Pharmacogenetic Epidemiology of Birth Defects and CancerTimothy Rebbeck; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Chemoprevention in Mice after Tobacco Smoke ExposureHanspeter Witschi; Fiscal Year: 2004..Eventually, these preclinical studies in an animal model of "former smokers" will help to evaluate the potential usefulness and also possible dosage regimens of chemopreventive agents characterized by their suppressing action. ..
- IL-1 Beta influences on NGF in neural DevelopmentANNA JELASO; Fiscal Year: 2003..This work will establish a system for understanding how cytokines and neurotrophins interact during neural development to influence the development and/or maintenance of functional neural circuits. ..
- Hormones, DNA Repair, BRCA1/2 and Ovarian Cancer Preven*Francesmary Modugno; Fiscal Year: 2003..The expertise and data we will collect will promote future innovative research into understanding ovarian cancer. ..
- Serum Markers of Breast /Ovarian Cancer RiskFrancesmary Modugno; Fiscal Year: 2003..We also expect to identify additional related research questions, which we anticipate studying further in a multi-center, collaborative fashion within the various arms of the WHI. ..
- Implications of Genomics Research on Racial DefinitionSeymour Garte; Fiscal Year: 2003..A new paradigm of gene-specific variation will be developed for a biomedically useful method of division of the human population into groups based on criteria different from current definitions of race. ..
- MECHANISM OF INDUCTION OF OLFACTORY TUMORS BY ALACHLORMary Beth Genter; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- IMPACT OF AH RECEPTOR DEGRADATION IN VIVO AND IN VITRORICHARD POLLENZ; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- ETHANOL METABOLISM IN PREGNANCY--ROLE OF DIETMartin Ronis; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- FT-IR/GC-MS MODELS FOR PREDICTING PROSTATE CANCERDONALD MALINS; Fiscal Year: 2002..At the conclusion of these studies we expect to have significantly increased understanding of the etiology of prostate cancer and established a promising basis for cancer prediction. ..
- Cytochrome P450-reductase interactions in P450 1A subfamilyGRAZYNA SZKLARZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, this project will also provide opportunities for summer research by undergraduate students, as part of WV-BRIN and WV-INBRE programs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ETHANOL EFFECTS ON BONE FORMATION IN PREGNANCYMartin Ronis; Fiscal Year: 2006..The role of CYP2E1 and free radicals in the skeletal toxicity of ethanol during these periods will also be studied. ..
- Individual Promoter SNP and CpG Methylation SignaturesSIMON SPIVACK; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MENOPAUSAL TRANSITION: A BIOBEHAVIORAL MODEL OF SYMPTOMSEllen Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Estrogen, Metabolism, Menopause, and Health OutcomesMaryFran Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2006..This is a unique opportunity to prospectively integrate lifestyle elements with measures of hormone metabolism pathways into a comprehensive examination of multiple human health effects. ..
- ARNT:Roles in Tumor Induction and Growth, and Toxicity.Oliver Hankinson; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Adjuvant immunotherapy for non-small cell lung cancerMichael Roth; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- DNA Damage as Women Age: Implications for Breast CancerDONALD MALINS; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Luminal Lipid Exposure, Genetics and Colon Cancer RiskIkuko Kato; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, accumulated dietary data and biological specimens will serve as an important resource for future research on other nutrient-gene interactions. ..
- "Ligand Independent" endocrine disruption by pesticidesPatrick Wong; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Susceptibility to Infection Related CancerIkuko Kato; Fiscal Year: 2005..Secondary aims include to examine histopathological correlates of these polymorphisms and to determine whether selected environmental factors modify the above associations. ..