Genomes and Genes
Summary: The active metabolite of FOLIC ACID. Leucovorin is used principally as its calcium salt as an antidote to folic acid antagonists which block the conversion of folic acid to folinic acid.
Publications312 found, 100 shown here
- Bevacizumab plus irinotecan, fluorouracil, and leucovorin for metastatic colorectal cancerHerbert Hurwitz
Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
N Engl J Med 350:2335-42. 2004..Bevacizumab, a monoclonal antibody against vascular endothelial growth factor, has shown promising preclinical and clinical activity against metastatic colorectal cancer, particularly in combination with chemotherapy...
- Cetuximab and chemotherapy as initial treatment for metastatic colorectal cancerEric Van Cutsem
University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Digestive Oncology Unit, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
N Engl J Med 360:1408-17. 2009We investigated the efficacy of cetuximab plus irinotecan, fluorouracil, and leucovorin (FOLFIRI) as first-line treatment for metastatic colorectal cancer and sought associations between the mutation status of the KRAS gene in tumors and ..
- Randomized, phase III trial of panitumumab with infusional fluorouracil, leucovorin, and oxaliplatin (FOLFOX4) versus FOLFOX4 alone as first-line treatment in patients with previously untreated metastatic colorectal cancer: the PRIME studyJean Yves Douillard
Centre Rene Gauducheau, Nantes, France
J Clin Oncol 28:4697-705. 2010..Colorectal Cancer to Determine Efficacy (PRIME) was designed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of panitumumab plus infusional fluorouracil, leucovorin, and oxaliplatin (FOLFOX4) versus FOLFOX4 alone as initial treatment for mCRC.
- Cetuximab plus irinotecan, fluorouracil, and leucovorin as first-line treatment for metastatic colorectal cancer: updated analysis of overall survival according to tumor KRAS and BRAF mutation statusEric Van Cutsem
University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 29:2011-9. 2011The addition of cetuximab to irinotecan, fluorouracil, and leucovorin (FOLFIRI) as first-line treatment for metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC) was shown to reduce the risk of disease progression and increase the chance of response in ..
- Bevacizumab in combination with oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy as first-line therapy in metastatic colorectal cancer: a randomized phase III studyLeonard B Saltz
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, Room H 917, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2013-9. 2008....
- Oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin as adjuvant treatment for colon cancerThierry Andre
Hopital Tenon, Paris
N Engl J Med 350:2343-51. 2004The standard adjuvant treatment of colon cancer is fluorouracil plus leucovorin (FL). Oxaliplatin improves the efficacy of this combination in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer...
- Bevacizumab in combination with oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin (FOLFOX4) for previously treated metastatic colorectal cancer: results from the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group Study E3200Bruce J Giantonio
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:1539-44. 2007..This study was conducted to determine the effect of bevacizumab (at 10 mg/kg) on survival duration for oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy in patients with previously treated metastatic colorectal cancer...
- Addition of aflibercept to fluorouracil, leucovorin, and irinotecan improves survival in a phase III randomized trial in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer previously treated with an oxaliplatin-based regimenEric Van Cutsem
University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 30:3499-506. 2012..cancer (mCRC) commonly involves a fluoropyrimidine-based chemotherapy regimen such as infusional fluorouracil, leucovorin, and irinotecan (FOLFIRI) or fluorouracil, leucovorin, and oxaliplatin, often combined with bevacizumab or an ..
- Fluorouracil, leucovorin, and oxaliplatin with and without cetuximab in the first-line treatment of metastatic colorectal cancerCarsten Bokemeyer
University Hospital, Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
J Clin Oncol 27:663-71. 2009..randomized study assessed whether the best overall response rate (ORR) of cetuximab combined with oxaliplatin, leucovorin, and fluorouracil (FOLFOX-4) was superior to that of FOLFOX-4 alone as first-line treatment for metastatic ..
- Improved overall survival with oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin as adjuvant treatment in stage II or III colon cancer in the MOSAIC trialThierry Andre
Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, Paris 75012, France
J Clin Oncol 27:3109-16. 2009..curative intent for stage II or III colon cancer who received bolus plus continuous-infusion fluorouracil plus leucovorin (LV5FU2) with the addition of oxaliplatin (FOLFOX4)...
- Randomized phase III study of panitumumab with fluorouracil, leucovorin, and irinotecan (FOLFIRI) compared with FOLFIRI alone as second-line treatment in patients with metastatic colorectal cancerMarc Peeters
University Hospital Ghent, Ghent, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 28:4706-13. 2010..This trial evaluated the efficacy and safety of panitumumab plus fluorouracil, leucovorin, and irinotecan (FOLFIRI) compared with FOLFIRI alone after failure of initial treatment for mCRC by tumor KRAS ..
- Cediranib with mFOLFOX6 versus bevacizumab with mFOLFOX6 as first-line treatment for patients with advanced colorectal cancer: a double-blind, randomized phase III study (HORIZON III)Hans Joachim Schmoll
Department of Internal Medicine IV, Hematology and Oncology, University Clinic Halle Saale, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Ernst Grube Str 40, 06120 Halle, Germany
J Clin Oncol 30:3588-95. 2012....
- Chemotherapy with preoperative radiotherapy in rectal cancerJean Francois Bosset
Department of Radiation Therapy, University of Franche Comte, Besancon, France
N Engl J Med 355:1114-23. 2006..Preoperative radiotherapy is recommended for selected patients with rectal cancer. We evaluated the addition of chemotherapy to preoperative radiotherapy and the use of postoperative chemotherapy in the treatment of rectal cancer...
- Phase III trial of cetuximab with continuous or intermittent fluorouracil, leucovorin, and oxaliplatin (Nordic FLOX) versus FLOX alone in first-line treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer: the NORDIC-VII studyKjell Magne Tveit
Department of Oncology, Oslo University Hospital, 0407 Oslo, Norway
J Clin Oncol 30:1755-62. 2012..The influence of KRAS mutation status on treatment outcome was also investigated...
- Safety and efficacy of first-line bevacizumab with FOLFOX, XELOX, FOLFIRI and fluoropyrimidines in metastatic colorectal cancer: the BEAT studyE Van Cutsem
University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Ann Oncol 20:1842-7. 2009..The Bevacizumab Expanded Access Trial (BEAT) evaluated the safety and efficacy of bevacizumab plus first-line chemotherapy in a general cohort of patients with mCRC...
- Leucovorin and fluorouracil with or without oxaliplatin as first-line treatment in advanced colorectal cancerA de Gramont
Service de médecine interne oncologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 18:2938-47. 2000In a previous study of treatment for advanced colorectal cancer, the LV5FU2 regimen, comprising leucovorin (LV) plus bolus and infusional fluorouracil (5FU) every 2 weeks, was superior to the standard North Central Cancer Treatment Group/..
- Phase III trial of infusional fluorouracil, leucovorin, oxaliplatin, and irinotecan (FOLFOXIRI) compared with infusional fluorouracil, leucovorin, and irinotecan (FOLFIRI) as first-line treatment for metastatic colorectal cancer: the Gruppo Oncologico NorAlfredo Falcone
U O Oncologia Medica, Istituto Toscano Tumori, Livorno, Italy
J Clin Oncol 25:1670-6. 2007The Gruppo Oncologico Nord Ovest (GONO) conducted a phase III study comparing fluorouracil, leucovorin, oxaliplatin, and irinotecan (FOLFOXIRI [irinotecan 165 mg/m2 day 1, oxaliplatin 85 mg/m2 day 1, leucovorin 200 mg/m2 day 1, ..
- Preoperative radiotherapy with or without concurrent fluorouracil and leucovorin in T3-4 rectal cancers: results of FFCD 9203Jean Pierre Gerard
Centre Antoine Lacassagne, Radiotherapy Department, Nice, France
J Clin Oncol 24:4620-5. 2006..In 1992, preoperative radiotherapy was considered in France as the standard treatment for T3-4 rectal cancers. The present randomized trial compares preoperative radiotherapy with chemoradiotherapy...
- Randomized, placebo-controlled, phase III study of first-line oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy plus PTK787/ZK 222584, an oral vascular endothelial growth factor receptor inhibitor, in patients with metastatic colorectal adenocarcinomaJ Randolph Hecht
David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:1997-2003. 2011..an orally active, multitargeted angiogenesis inhibitor, has shown tolerability and promising activity in early-phase studies, which led to a phase III trial in combination with oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin (FOLFOX4).
- Randomized controlled trial of reduced-dose bolus fluorouracil plus leucovorin and irinotecan or infused fluorouracil plus leucovorin and oxaliplatin in patients with previously untreated metastatic colorectal cancer: a North American Intergroup TrialRichard M Goldberg
Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, CB 7305, 3009 Old Clinic Bldg, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:3347-53. 2006Previously, we reported results of Intergroup N9741, which compared standard bolus fluorouracil (FU), leucovorin, plus irinotecan (IFL) with infused FU, leucovorin, plus oxaliplatin (FOLFOX4) and irinotecan plus oxaliplatin in patients ..
- Phase II trial of infusional fluorouracil, irinotecan, and bevacizumab for metastatic colorectal cancer: efficacy and circulating angiogenic biomarkers associated with therapeutic resistanceScott Kopetz
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Lyndon B Johnson Hospital, Harris County Hospital District, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:453-9. 2010We investigated the efficacy of fluorouracil (FU), leucovorin, irinotecan, and bevacizumab (FOLFIRI + B) in a phase II trial in patients previously untreated for metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC), and changes during treatment in plasma ..
- Cediranib plus FOLFOX/CAPOX versus placebo plus FOLFOX/CAPOX in patients with previously untreated metastatic colorectal cancer: a randomized, double-blind, phase III study (HORIZON II)Paulo M Hoff
FACP, Instituto do Câncer do Estado de São Paulo, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Dr Arnaldo 251, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Oncol 30:3596-603. 2012..Plus Chemotherapy in Patients With Untreated Metastatic Colorectal Cancer] assessed infusional fluorouracil, leucovorin, and oxaliplatin/capecitabine and oxaliplatin (FOLFOX/CAPOX) with or without cediranib in patients with ..
- Rescue surgery for unresectable colorectal liver metastases downstaged by chemotherapy: a model to predict long-term survivalRene Adam
Centre Hépato Biliaire and Inserm E0354 Cancer Chronotherapeutics, Hopital Paul Brousse, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris Université Paris, Sud Villejuif, France
Ann Surg 240:644-57; discussion 657-8. 2004....
- Phase III randomized trial of FOLFIRI versus FOLFOX4 in the treatment of advanced colorectal cancer: a multicenter study of the Gruppo Oncologico Dell'Italia MeridionaleGiuseppe Colucci
Medical and Experimental Oncology Unit, Oncology Institute, Via Amendola 209, 70126 Bari, Italy
J Clin Oncol 23:4866-75. 2005We performed this phase III study to compare the irinotecan, leucovorin (LV), and fluorouracil (FU) regimen (FOLFIRI) versus the oxaliplatin, LV, and FU regimen (FOLFOX4) in previously untreated patients with advanced colorectal cancer.
- Pharmacogenetic profiling in patients with advanced colorectal cancer treated with first-line FOLFOX-4 chemotherapyAnnamaria Ruzzo
Institute of Biochemistry G Fornaini, University of Urbino, Urbino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 25:1247-54. 2007....
- Five-year data and prognostic factor analysis of oxaliplatin and irinotecan combinations for advanced colorectal cancer: N9741Hanna K Sanoff
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7305, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:5721-7. 2008....
- Bevacizumab with FOLFOXIRI (irinotecan, oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and folinate) as first-line treatment for metastatic colorectal cancer: a phase 2 trialGianluca Masi
Unità Operativa Oncologia Medica Universitaria, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Pisana, Istituto Toscano Tumori, Pisa, Italy
Lancet Oncol 11:845-52. 2010..We therefore assessed the safety and activity of the combination of FOLFOXIRI plus bevacizumab in patients with colorectal cancer...
- Initial safety report of NSABP C-08: A randomized phase III study of modified FOLFOX6 with or without bevacizumab for the adjuvant treatment of patients with stage II or III colon cancerCarmen J Allegra
Department of Biostatistics, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3385-90. 2009..designed to investigate the safety and effectiveness of adding bevacizumab to modified infusional fluorouracil, leucovorin, and oxaliplatin (FOLFOX) 6 regimen for the adjuvant treatment of patients with stage II or III colon cancer...
- Effect of oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin with or without cetuximab on survival among patients with resected stage III colon cancer: a randomized trialSteven R Alberts
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
JAMA 307:1383-93. 2012b>Leucovorin, fluorouracil, and oxaliplatin (FOLFOX) is the standard adjuvant therapy for resected stage III colon cancer. Adding cetuximab to FOLFOX benefits patients with metastatic wild-type KRAS but not mutated KRAS colon cancer.
- Tumour response and secondary resectability of colorectal liver metastases following neoadjuvant chemotherapy with cetuximab: the CELIM randomised phase 2 trialGunnar Folprecht
University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Medical Department I University Cancer Center, Dresden, Germany
Lancet Oncol 11:38-47. 2010..Neoadjuvant chemotherapy for unresectable colorectal liver metastases can downsize tumours for curative resection. We assessed the effectiveness of cetuximab combined with chemotherapy in this setting...
- A phase II study of oxaliplatin with low dose leucovorin and bolus and continuous infusion 5-fluorouracil (modified FOLFOX-4) as first line therapy for patients with advanced gastric cancerSung Yong Oh
Department of Internal Medicine, Dong A University College of Medicine, Busan, Korea
Acta Oncol 46:336-41. 2007To determine the activity and toxicities of a low dose leucovorin (ldLV) plus fluorouracil (5-FU) regimen, combined with oxaliplatin administered fortnightly (modified FOLFOX-4), as a first-line therapy for patients with advanced gastric ..
- Phase III trial in metastatic gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma with fluorouracil, leucovorin plus either oxaliplatin or cisplatin: a study of the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Internistische OnkologieSalah Eddin Al-Batran
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Krankenhaus Nordwest, Frankfurt, Germany
J Clin Oncol 26:1435-42. 2008This study was designed to compare fluorouracil, leucovorin, and oxaliplatin with fluorouracil, leucovorin, and cisplatin in patients with advanced gastric cancer.
- Patient preference and pharmacokinetics of oral modulated UFT versus intravenous fluorouracil and leucovorin: a randomised crossover trial in advanced colorectal cancerM M Borner
Early Clinical Studies Group of The European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 38:349-58. 2002The aim of this study was to determine the patient's preference for oral UFT/leucovorin (LV) or intravenous (i.v...
- Cetuximab plus chronomodulated irinotecan, 5-fluorouracil, leucovorin and oxaliplatin as neoadjuvant chemotherapy in colorectal liver metastases: POCHER trialC Garufi
Department of Medical Oncology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Br J Cancer 103:1542-7. 2010We assessed the effectiveness of cetuximab plus chronomodulated irinotecan, 5-fluorouracil (5-FU), leucovorin (FA) and oxaliplatin (L-OHP) (chrono-IFLO) administered as neoadjuvant chemotherapy to increase the resectability of colorectal ..
- Randomized, placebo-controlled, phase III study of oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin with or without PTK787/ZK 222584 in patients with previously treated metastatic colorectal adenocarcinomaEric Van Cutsem
Digestive Oncology Unit, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 29:2004-10. 2011..PTK787/ZK 222584 (PTK/ZK) is a novel oral angiogenesis inhibitor with therapeutic potential for the treatment of solid tumors...
- Oxaliplatin combined with weekly bolus fluorouracil and leucovorin as surgical adjuvant chemotherapy for stage II and III colon cancer: results from NSABP C-07J Philip Kuebler
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project Operations Office and Biostatistical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:2198-204. 2007This phase III clinical trial evaluated the impact on disease-free survival (DFS) of adding oxaliplatin to bolus weekly fluorouracil (FU) combined with leucovorin as surgical adjuvant therapy for stage II and III colon cancer.
- Phase III trial assessing bevacizumab in stages II and III carcinoma of the colon: results of NSABP protocol C-08Carmen J Allegra
University of Florida, Division of Hematology and Oncology, 1600 SW Archer Ave, Rm N 503, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:11-6. 2011..to investigate the safety and efficacy of adding bevacizumab to modified FOLFOX6 (mFOLFOX6; ie, infusional/bolus fluorouracil, leucovorin, and oxaliplatin) for the adjuvant treatment of patients with stages II to III colon cancer.
- FOLFIRI followed by FOLFOX6 or the reverse sequence in advanced colorectal cancer: a randomized GERCOR studyChristophe Tournigand
Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris, Cedex 12, France
J Clin Oncol 22:229-37. 2004In metastatic colorectal cancer, phase III studies have demonstrated the superiority of fluorouracil (FU) with leucovorin (LV) in combination with irinotecan or oxaliplatin over FU + LV alone...
- Relationship between tumor gene expression and recurrence in four independent studies of patients with stage II/III colon cancer treated with surgery alone or surgery plus adjuvant fluorouracil plus leucovorinMICHAEL J O'CONNELL
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:3937-44. 2010..in patients with stage II or III colon cancer treated with surgery alone or surgery plus fluorouracil (FU) and leucovorin (LV) to develop multigene algorithms to quantify the risk of recurrence as well as the likelihood of ..
- Sinusoidal obstruction syndrome impairs long-term outcome of colorectal liver metastases treated with resection after neoadjuvant chemotherapyDietmar Tamandl
Department of Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Ann Surg Oncol 18:421-30. 2011..We investigated whether liver damage had further implications on long-term outcome in these patients...
- Can chemotherapy be discontinued in unresectable metastatic colorectal cancer? The GERCOR OPTIMOX2 StudyBenoist Chibaudel
Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris Cedex 12, France
J Clin Oncol 27:5727-33. 2009This study compared chemotherapy discontinuation with maintenance therapy with leucovorin and fluorouracil after six cycles of folinic acid, fluorouracil, and oxaliplatin (FOLFOX) chemotherapy in the first-line treatment of metastatic ..
- Fluorouracil, leucovorin, and irinotecan plus either sunitinib or placebo in metastatic colorectal cancer: a randomized, phase III trialAlfredo Carrato
Medical Oncology Department, Ramon y Cajal University Hospital, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Oncol 31:1341-7. 2013This double-blind, phase III study aimed to demonstrate that sunitinib plus FOLFIRI (fluorouracil, leucovorin, and irinotecan) was superior to placebo plus FOLFIRI in previously untreated metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC).
- XELOX vs FOLFOX-4 as first-line therapy for metastatic colorectal cancer: NO16966 updated resultsJ Cassidy
Institute of Cancer Sciences, Beatson Oncology Centre, 1053 Great Western Road, Glasgow G12 0YN, UK
Br J Cancer 105:58-64. 2011..We report updated overall survival (OS) data from study NO16966, which compared capecitabine plus oxaliplatin (XELOX) vs 5-fluorouracil/folinic acid plus oxaliplatin (FOLFOX4) as first-line therapy in metastatic colorectal cancer...
- Pharmacogenetic profiling in patients with advanced colorectal cancer treated with first-line FOLFIRI chemotherapyA Ruzzo
Institute of Biochemistry G Fornaini, University of Urbino, Urbino, Italy
Pharmacogenomics J 8:278-88. 2008..Risk for Grade III-IV neutropenia was significantly associated with UGT1A1*28 7/7 genotype. These promising findings deserve further investigations and their validation in independent prospective studies...
- Randomized, controlled trial of irinotecan plus infusional, bolus, or oral fluoropyrimidines in first-line treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer: updated results from the BICC-C studyCharles S Fuchs
J Clin Oncol 26:689-90. 2008
- Prognostic value of expression of ERCC1, thymidylate synthase, and glutathione S-transferase P1 for 5-fluorouracil/oxaliplatin chemotherapy in advanced gastric cancerH C Kwon
Department of Internal Medicine, Dong A University College of Medicine, Busan, Korea
Ann Oncol 18:504-9. 2007....
- Randomized trial of two induction chemotherapy regimens in metastatic colorectal cancer: an updated analysisGianluca Masi
U O Oncologia Medica 2 Universitaria Polo Oncologico, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Pisana, Via Roma, 67 56126 Pisa, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:21-30. 2011..6 months of induction chemotherapy with a three-drug regimen comprising 5-fluorouracil (by continuous infusion)-leucovorin, irinotecan, and oxaliplatin (FOLFOXIRI) demonstrated statistically significant improvements in response rate, ..
- Randomized phase III trial comparing biweekly infusional fluorouracil/leucovorin alone or with irinotecan in the adjuvant treatment of stage III colon cancer: PETACC-3Eric Van Cutsem
Digestive Oncology Unit, University Hospital Gasthuisberg Leuven, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 27:3117-25. 2009..III trial was to investigate whether the addition of irinotecan to the de Gramont infusional fluorouracil (FU)/leucovorin (LV) adjuvant regimen (LV5FU2) would improve disease-free survival (DFS) in patients with stage III colon cancer...
- Sinusoidal injury increases morbidity after major hepatectomy in patients with colorectal liver metastases receiving preoperative chemotherapyHiroshi Nakano
Centre de Chirurgie Viscerale et de Transplantation, Hopital de Hautepierre, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, Universite Louis Pasteur, Avenue Moliere, Strasbourg, France
Ann Surg 247:118-24. 2008..To investigate whether sinusoidal injury (SI) was associated with a worse outcome after hepatectomy in patients with colorectal liver metastases (CRLM)...
- Phase IV study of bevacizumab in combination with infusional fluorouracil, leucovorin and irinotecan (FOLFIRI) in first-line metastatic colorectal cancerAlberto Sobrero
Cliniche Universitarie Convenzionate UO, Genoa, Italy
Oncology 77:113-9. 2009..survival (PFS) when combined with first-line irinotecan (IFL) plus bolus 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) and leucovorin (LV) in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- An observational study suggesting clinical benefit for adjuvant postoperative chemoradiation in a population of over 500 cases after gastric resection with D2 nodal dissection for adenocarcinoma of the stomachSung Kim
Department of Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Kangnam Gu, Seoul, South Korea
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 63:1279-85. 2005..We investigated the effect of postoperative chemoradiotherapy on the relapse rate and survival rate of patients with D2-resected gastric cancer...
- Microsatellite instability predicts improved response to adjuvant therapy with irinotecan, fluorouracil, and leucovorin in stage III colon cancer: Cancer and Leukemia Group B Protocol 89803Monica M Bertagnolli
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:1814-21. 2009..This prospective study investigated adjuvant chemotherapy containing FU and irinotecan in patients with MMR deficient (MMR-D) colon cancers...
- Long-term outcome of initially unresectable metastatic colorectal cancer patients treated with 5-fluorouracil/leucovorin, oxaliplatin, and irinotecan (FOLFOXIRI) followed by radical surgery of metastasesGianluca Masi
Unità Operativa Oncologia Medica, Azienda USL 6, Istituto Toscano Tumori, Livorno, Italy
Ann Surg 249:420-5. 2009..The objective of this study was to evaluate the long-term outcome of resected patients and the impact of FOLFOXIRI on perioperative morbidities, mortality, and chemotherapy induced hepatotoxicity...
- Predictors of survival and toxicity in patients on adjuvant therapy with 5-fluorouracil for colorectal cancerM Gusella
Laboratory of Pharmacology and Molecular Biology, Oncology Department, Azienda ULSS 18 Rovigo, Trecenta, Italy
Br J Cancer 100:1549-57. 2009..prediction on toxicity and survival in colorectal cancer patients treated with adjuvant 5-fluorouracil (5FU)/leucovorin therapy...
- Safety analysis of FOLFOX4 treatment in colorectal cancer patients: a comparison between two Asian studies and four Western studiesKenichi Sugihara
Department of Surgical Oncology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Colorectal Cancer 11:127-37. 2012Oxaliplatin-based therapy, notably FOLFOX4 (5-fluorouracil, leucovorin, and oxaliplatin), is a standard regimen approved globally for the treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer, and as adjuvant treatment of colon cancer...
- Randomized, multicenter, open-label study of oxaliplatin plus fluorouracil/leucovorin versus doxorubicin as palliative chemotherapy in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma from AsiaShukui Qin
Shukui Qin, People s Liberation Army Cancer Centre, Bayi hospital, Nanjing Yuxian Bai, Third Affiliated Hospital, Harbin Medical University, Harbin Jia Fan, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University Yu Zhou, sanofi aventis Asia, Shanghai Yan Sun, Cancer Institute and Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China Ho Yeong Lim and Won Ki Kang, Samsung Medical Centre Won Ki Kang, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine Jee Hyun Lee, sanofi aventis Korea, Seoul, Korea Sumitra Thongprasert, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai Vajarabhongsa Bhudhisawasdi, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand Yee Chao, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei and Tsai Shen Yang, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Linkou Medical Center, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
J Clin Oncol 31:3501-8. 2013To determine whether FOLFOX4 (infusional fluorouracil, leucovorin, and oxaliplatin) administered as palliative chemotherapy to patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) provides a survival benefit and efficacy versus ..
- Pharmacogenetic angiogenesis profiling for first-line Bevacizumab plus oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy in patients with metastatic colorectal cancerArmin Gerger
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Preventive Medicine, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:5783-92. 2011....
- Preoperative capecitabine and pelvic radiation in locally advanced rectal cancer--is it equivalent to 5-FU infusion plus leucovorin and radiotherapy?Alexander K Chan
Department of Radiation Oncology, Tom Baker Cancer Centre, Alberta, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 76:1413-9. 2010..preoperative RT with intermittent 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) infusion, leucovorin, and mitomycin C in rectal cancer.
- FOLFOX6 and bevacizumab in non-optimally resectable liver metastases from colorectal cancerF Bertolini
Oncology, Haematology and Respiratory Diseases Department, University Hospital of Modena, Modena, Italy
Br J Cancer 104:1079-84. 2011..In patients with colorectal liver metastases (CLM) R0 resection significantly improves overall survival (OS)...
- Cerebral folate deficiencyKeith Hyland
Medical Neurogenetics, Atlanta, GA 30338, USA
J Inherit Metab Dis 33:563-70. 2010....
- Randomized phase III study of capecitabine plus oxaliplatin compared with fluorouracil/folinic acid plus oxaliplatin as first-line therapy for metastatic colorectal cancerJim Cassidy
Glasgow University, Garscube Estate, Switchback Rd, Glasgow, Scotland
J Clin Oncol 26:2006-12. 2008..To evaluate whether capecitabine plus oxaliplatin (XELOX) is noninferior to fluorouracil. folinic acid, and oxaliplatin (FOLFOX-4) as first-line therapy in metastatic colorectal cancer (MCRC)...
- A phase II study of biweekly oxaliplatin plus infusional 5-fluorouracil and folinic acid (FOLFOX-4) as first-line treatment of advanced gastric cancer patientsF De Vita
Division of Medical Oncology, F Magrassi and A Lanzara Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Second University of Naples School of Medicine, Naples, Italy
Br J Cancer 92:1644-9. 2005..FOLFOX-4 is an active and well-tolerated chemotherapy. Response rate (RR), TTP and OS were comparable with those of other oxaliplatin-based regimens, suggesting a role for this combination in gastric cancer...
- Oral uracil and tegafur plus leucovorin compared with intravenous fluorouracil and leucovorin in stage II and III carcinoma of the colon: results from National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project Protocol C-06Barry C Lembersky
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:2059-64. 2006The primary aim of this study was to compare the relative efficacy of oral uracil and tegafur (UFT) plus leucovorin (LV) with the efficacy of weekly intravenous fluorouracil (FU) plus LV in prolonging disease-free survival (DFS) and ..
- Dendritic cell-mediated cross-presentation of antigens derived from colon carcinoma cells exposed to a highly cytotoxic multidrug regimen with gemcitabine, oxaliplatin, 5-fluorouracil, and leucovorin, elicits a powerful human antigen-specific CTL responsePierpaolo Correale
Section of Oncology, Department of Human Pathology and Oncology, Siena University School of Medicine, Viale Bracci 11, 53100 Siena, Italy
J Immunol 175:820-8. 2005Gemcitabine, oxaliplatin, leucovorin, and 5-fluorouracil (GOLF) is a novel multidrug regimen inducing high levels of necrosis and apoptosis in colon carcinoma cells...
- Phase III noninferiority trial comparing irinotecan with oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin in patients with advanced colorectal carcinoma previously treated with fluorouracil: N9841George P Kim
Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, 4500 San Pablo Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:2848-54. 2009..of fluorouracil (FU) -refractory patients was noninferior when treated with second-line infusional fluorouracil, leucovorin, and oxaliplatin (FOLFOX4; arm B) versus irinotecan (arm A)...
- Role of genetic and nongenetic factors for fluorouracil treatment-related severe toxicity: a prospective clinical trial by the German 5-FU Toxicity Study GroupMatthias Schwab
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany
J Clin Oncol 26:2131-8. 2008....
- Comprehensive analysis of excision repair complementation group 1, glutathione S-transferase, thymidylate synthase and uridine diphosphate glucuronosyl transferase 1A1 polymorphisms predictive for treatment outcome in patients with advanced gastric cancerBong Gun Seo
Department of Internal Medicine, Dong A University College of Medicine, Busan, Korea
Oncol Rep 22:127-36. 2009..The low expression type (2R/2R, 2R/3C and 3C/3C) of TS was associated with a high incidence of grade >or=3 neutropenia in cases of advanced gastric cancer treated with FOLFIRI...
- A phase II study of irinotecan with biweekly, low dose leucovorin and bolus and continuous infusion 5-fluorouracil (modified FOLFIRI) as first line therapy for patients with recurrent or metastatic gastric cancerByung Geun Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Dong A University College of Medicine, 3 1 Dongdaeshin dong, Seo Gu, Busan, Korea
Am J Clin Oncol 33:246-50. 2010To determine the activity and toxicities of a low-dose leucovorin plus 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) regimen, combined with irinotecan and administered every 2 weeks (modified FOLFIRI), as a first-line therapy for patients with advanced gastric ..
- Prognostic role of serum vascular endothelial growth factor, basic fibroblast growth factor and nitric oxide in patients with colorectal carcinomaHakan Akbulut
Department of Medical Oncology, Ibni Sina Hospital, Ankara University Faculty of Medicine, Sihhiye, Ankara 06100, Turkey
Cytokine 20:184-90. 2002..032, Cox regression analysis). In conclusion, serum VEGF and NO levels have prognostic role in patients with CRC and the new angiogenesis index using the serum levels of the factors seem to be useful...
- Phase III trial of cetuximab, bevacizumab, and 5-fluorouracil/leucovorin vs. FOLFOX-bevacizumab in colorectal cancerLeonard Saltz
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Clin Colorectal Cancer 11:101-11. 2012..Activity of 5-fluorouracil (5-FU), leucovorin (L), and bevacizumab (B), and preliminary data of cetuximab + bevacizumab, and toxicity profiles suggests that ..
- Cisplatin, tegafur, and leucovorin: a moderately effective and minimally toxic outpatient neoadjuvant chemotherapy for locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckHung Ming Wang
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Cancer 94:2989-95. 2002To evaluate the efficacy and toxicity of cisplatin, tegafur, and leucovorin as neoadjuvant chemotherapy (CT) for patients with advanced, nonmetastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN).
- Randomized trial of postoperative adjuvant chemotherapy with or without radiotherapy for carcinoma of the rectum: National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project Protocol R-02N Wolmark
N Wolmark, D L Wickerham, E R Fisher, B Fisher, National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project NSABP Operations Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 92:388-96. 2000..This study was carried out to address this issue. An additional aim was to determine whether leucovorin (LV)-modulated 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) is superior to the combination of 5-FU, semustine, and vincristine (MOF) in ..
- Cisplatin, epirubicin, leucovorin and 5-fluorouracil (PELF) is more active than 5-fluorouracil, doxorubicin and methotrexate (FAMTX) in advanced gastric carcinomaG Cocconi
Medical Oncology Division, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria, Parma, Italy
Ann Oncol 14:1258-63. 20035-Fluorouracil (5-FU), doxorubicin and methotrexate (FAMTX) and cisplatin, epirubicin, leucovorin and 5-FU (PELF) have both been reported to be superior to the combination 5-FU, doxorubicin and mitomycin C (FAM) in advanced gastric ..
- Cetuximab plus oxaliplatin/leucovorin/5-fluorouracil in first-line metastatic gastric cancer: a phase II study of the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Internistische Onkologie (AIO)F Lordick
Klinikum rechts der Isar, 3rd Medical Department, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaninger Strasse 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Br J Cancer 102:500-5. 2010..Cetuximab enhances the efficacy of chemotherapy in several cancer types. This trial assessed the activity of cetuximab and chemotherapy in advanced gastric cancer...
- Predictive role of the UGT1A1, UGT1A7, and UGT1A9 genetic variants and their haplotypes on the outcome of metastatic colorectal cancer patients treated with fluorouracil, leucovorin, and irinotecanErika Cecchin
Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, National Cancer Institute, Aviano, Italy
J Clin Oncol 27:2457-65. 2009..We evaluated the effect of other UGT1A variants and haplotypes involved in 7-ethyl-10-hydroxycamptothecin (SN-38) glucuronidation on severe toxicity and efficacy of fluorouracil, leucovorin, and irinotecan (FOLFIRI).
- Peritoneal carcinomatosis of colorectal origin: incidence and current treatment strategiesManuel J Koppe
Department of Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Ann Surg 243:212-22. 2006....
- Bevacizumab protects against sinusoidal obstruction syndrome and does not increase response rate in neoadjuvant XELOX/FOLFOX therapy of colorectal cancer liver metastasesM Klinger
Department of General Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Eur J Surg Oncol 35:515-20. 2009..Knowledge about the consequences of bevacizumab on chemotherapy-induced hepatic injury and tumor response is limited...
- Bevacizumab plus FOLFIRI or FOLFOX in chemotherapy-refractory patients with metastatic colorectal cancer: a retrospective studyAstrid Lievre
Gastroenterology and Digestive Oncology Unit, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Ambroise Pare, Boulogne Billancourt, France
BMC Cancer 9:347. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the activity of bevacizumab combined with FOLFIRI or FOLFOX in mCRC who have failed prior chemotherapy with fluoropyrimidine plus irinotecan and/or oxaliplatin...
- Preoperative chemotherapy does not increase morbidity or mortality of hepatic resection for colorectal cancer metastasesCharles R Scoggins
Division of Surgical Oncology, James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, 315 E Broadway, Suite 303, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 16:35-41. 2009..Pre-hepatectomy chemotherapy appears to be safe and is an important part of the multidisciplinary approach for this disease...
- Hepatic arterial infusion of oxaliplatin and intravenous LV5FU2 in unresectable liver metastases from colorectal cancer after systemic chemotherapy failureValerie Boige
Department of Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Ann Surg Oncol 15:219-26. 2008..activity of hepatic arterial infusion (HAI) oxaliplatin combined with intravenous (IV) 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) and leucovorin (LV) as first-line chemotherapy in patients with colorectal liver metastases (CRLM) (intent-to-treat [ITT] ..
- Prevention of oxaliplatin-related neurotoxicity by calcium and magnesium infusions: a retrospective study of 161 patients receiving oxaliplatin combined with 5-Fluorouracil and leucovorin for advanced colorectal cancerLaurence Gamelin
Department of Medical Oncology and Oncopharmacology, INSERM U564, Anticancer Centre Paul Papin, Angers Cedex, France
Clin Cancer Res 10:4055-61. 2004..Sensory neurotoxicity is its dose-limiting toxicity. It may come from an effect on neuronal voltage-gated Na channels, via the liberation one its metabolite, oxalate. We decided to use Ca and Mg as oxalate chelators...
- The clinical benefit of bevacizumab in metastatic colorectal cancer is independent of K-ras mutation status: analysis of a phase III study of bevacizumab with chemotherapy in previously untreated metastatic colorectal cancerHerbert I Hurwitz
Duke University Medical Center, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Durham, NC 27710 0001, USA
Oncologist 14:22-8. 2009..We conducted additional analyses to better describe the clinical benefit of bevacizumab treatment in mCRC relative to K-ras mutation status...
- A phase III study of adjuvant chemotherapy in advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma patientsKwan Hwa Chi
Cancer Center, Veterans General Hospital Taipei, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 52:1238-44. 2002....
- Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of two different schedules of oxaliplatin, irinotecan, Fluorouracil, and leucovorin in patients with solid tumorsMatthew P Goetz
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:3761-9. 2003..dose (MTD) and evaluate the toxicities and clinical activity of two irinotecan (CPT-11), fluorouracil (FU), leucovorin (LV), and oxaliplatin schedules in patients with advanced solid tumors...
- Bax predicts outcome in gastric cancer patients treated with 5-fluorouracil, leucovorin, and oxaliplatin palliative chemotherapySeong Hyun Jeong
Department of Hematology Oncology, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, 443 721, Republic of Korea
Dig Dis Sci 56:131-8. 2011..the prognostic significance of Bax, excision repair cross-complementation group 1 (ERCC1), and thymidylate synthase (TS) in advanced gastric cancer patients treated with 5-FU, leucovorin, and oxaliplatin (FOLFOX) palliative chemotherapy.
- Chemotherapy and surgery: new perspectives on the treatment of unresectable liver metastasesR Adam
, Hopital Paul Brousse, Villejuif, Paris, France
Ann Oncol 14:ii13-6. 2003..The poor prognosis of patients with non-resectable hepatic metastases might now be improved by the combination of chemotherapy and surgery...
- Phase I clinical and pharmacokinetic study of irinotecan, fluorouracil, and leucovorin in patients with advanced solid tumorsL B Saltz
Gastrointestinal Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 14:2959-67. 1996To determine the maximum-tolerable dose (MTD) of fluorouracil (5FU) when given with fixed doses of leucovorin and irinotecan (CPT-11), to define the dose-limiting toxicities of this combination, and to evaluate the effect of 5FU on the ..
- Bevacizumab combined with chemotherapy in the second-line treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer: results from the phase II BEVACOLOR studyJaafar Bennouna
Centre Rene Gauducheau, Nantes, France
Clin Colorectal Cancer 11:38-44. 2012..This prospective phase II study assessed the efficacy and safety of bevacizumab plus chemotherapy regimens commonly used in the second-line treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC)...
- Cardiotoxicity of de Gramont's regimen: incidence, clinical characteristics and long-term follow-upNezih Meydan
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Adnan Menderes, 09100 Aydin, Turkey
Jpn J Clin Oncol 35:265-70. 2005..Knowledge of the cardiotoxicity incidence in patients treated with the widely used de Gramont's regimen (2 days infusional 5-FU) and the long-term follow-up of affected patients is still limited...
- A phase II trial of FOLFOX6 and cetuximab in the first-line treatment of patients with metastatic colorectal cancerRalph V Boccia
Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, Bethesda, MD 20817, USA
Clin Colorectal Cancer 9:102-7. 2010This phase II trial evaluated the efficacy and safety of cetuximab combined with FOLFOX6 (leucovorin [LV] 5-fluorouracil [5-FU]/oxaliplatin) in the first-line treatment of patients with advanced or metastatic colorectal cancer.
- Folinic acid attenuates methotrexate chemotherapy-induced damages on bone growth mechanisms and pools of bone marrow stromal cellsCory J Xian
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Women s and Children s Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
J Cell Physiol 214:777-85. 2008....
- Interstitial pneumonia arising in a patient treated with oxaliplatin, 5-fluorouracil, and, leucovorin (FOLFOX)Katsuki Muneoka
Department of Surgery, Niitsu Medical Center Hospital, Niigata, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 14:457-9. 2009Information concerning the pulmonary toxicity of oxaliplatin with infusional 5-fluorouracil plus leucovorin (FOLFOX) is very limited. We herein report the case of a patient with FOLFOX-induced interstitial pneumonia...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy with cisplatin, 5-FU, and leucovorin (PLF) in locally advanced gastric cancer: a prospective phase II studyKatja Ott
Department of Surgery, Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Ismaninger Str 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Gastric Cancer 6:159-67. 2003..of this study was to evaluate the toxicity and efficacy of neoadjuvant chemotherapy using the PLF (cisplatin/leucovorin [folinic acid]/5-fluorouracil [FU]) regimen in these patients...
- The impact of preoperative chemoradiotherapy on advanced low rectal cancerPing Sheng Kao
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Surg Oncol 102:771-7. 2010..Preoperative chemoradiotherapy (CCRT) followed by radical resection is an option for advanced low rectal cancer. This study was aimed to clarify the impact of CCRT on patients' outcome...
- Targeted molecular therapies (cetuximab and bevacizumab) do not induce additional hepatotoxicity: preliminary results of a case-control studyP Pessaux
Centre de Chirurgie Viscérale et de Transplantation Hôpital de Hautepierre, Hôpitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg Université de Strasbourg, Avenue Moliere, 67098 Strasbourg, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 36:575-82. 2010....
- Correlation between uracil and dihydrouracil plasma ratio, fluorouracil (5-FU) pharmacokinetic parameters, and tolerance in patients with advanced colorectal cancer: A potential interest for predicting 5-FU toxicity and determining optimal 5-FU dosageE Gamelin
Département d Oncologie Médicale and d Oncopharmacologie, Centre Paul Papin, Angers, France
J Clin Oncol 17:1105. 1999..To predict 5-FU catabolic deficiencies and toxic side effects, we conducted a prospective study of patients treated for advanced colorectal cancer by high-dose 5-FU...
- A phase II study of irinotecan, continuous 5-fluorouracil, and leucovorin (FOLFIRI) combination chemotherapy for patients with recurrent or metastatic gastric cancer previously treated with a fluoropyrimidine-based regimenSeok Hyun Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju, Korea
Am J Clin Oncol 33:572-6. 2010..out to assess the efficacy and toxicity of combination chemotherapy with irinotecan, 5-fluorouracil (5-FU), and leucovorin (FOLFIRI) for the treatment of patients with metastatic or recurring gastric cancer previously treated with ..
- Impact of p53 expression and microsatellite instability on stage III colon cancer disease-free survival in patients treated by 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin with or without oxaliplatinA Zaanan
INSERM, UMR_S 938, Saint Antoine Research Centre, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, Paris Cedex 12, France
Ann Oncol 21:772-80. 2010..was to determine the values of p53 tumour expression and microsatellite instability (MSI) phenotype to predict benefit from adjuvant chemotherapy of colon cancer by 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin (FL) alone or with oxaliplatin (FOLFOX).
- Oxaliplatin-induced allergic reaction in patients with colorectal cancer in JapanYoshihiro Shibata
Department of Medicine and Biosystemic Science, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 14:397-401. 2009..compound that is clinically effective for colorectal cancer (CRC), in combination with 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) and leucovorin (LV), and it is widely used for metastatic disease and for the adjuvant treatment of stage III CRC...
- Irinotecan combined with 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin as second-line chemotherapy for metastatic or relapsed gastric cancerMyung Deok Seo
Department of Internal Medicine, Cheju National University Hospital, Jeju, Republic of Korea
Jpn J Clin Oncol 38:589-95. 2008We analysed the efficacy and toxicity of irinotecan, leucovorin and 5-fluorouracil (FOLFIRI) chemotherapy as second-line treatment for metastatic or relapsed gastric cancer (MRGC) in a clinical practice setting...
- Comparison of 5-fluorouracil/leucovorin and capecitabine in preoperative chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced rectal cancerDae Yong Kim
Center for Colorectal Cancer, Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Republic of Korea
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 67:378-84. 2007To describe our experience with a bolus injection of 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin (FL) vs. capecitabine in terms of radiologic and pathologic findings in preoperative chemoradiotherapy (CRT) for locally advanced rectal cancer.
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2013..will receive antibiotic eye drops to place in the eye three times a day for the 3 days following the injection, leucovorin (folic acid) drops to place in the eye four times a day for 1 week following the injection, and a dose of folic ..
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2012..will receive antibiotic eye drops to place in the eye three times a day for the 3 days following the injection, leucovorin (folic acid) drops to place in the eye four times a day for 1 week following the injection, and a dose of folic ..
- Discovering a Novel Immunophilin to Lower the Toxicity of Cancer TherapeuticsMitchell W Mutz; Fiscal Year: 2012..may cause over 33% of patients to reduce dosages or halt chemotherapy for certain regimens (oxaliplatin, leucovorin, fluorouracil, e.g.), leading to worse therapeutic outcomes...
- TAS:: 75 0850 ::TAS RECOVERY ACT - ACTNOW CLINICAL TRIAL 8461 David P Kelsen; Fiscal Year: 2009..and 3) A Non-Randomized Phase II Study of Alvocidib (Flavopiridol) Plus Oxaliplatin with or Without 5-FU and Leucovorin for Relapsed or Refractory Germ-Cell Tumors...
- Development of a novel small molecule, UTL-5g, to treat oxaliplatin-induced thromJiajiu Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2013..For colorectal cancer, oxaliplatin has been used with folinic acid (leucovorin) and 5-flurouracil (5-FU);this combination, referred to as FOLFOX, is now a treatment standard for colorectal ..
- Human Folylpolyglutamate Synthetase and Cancer TherapeuticsRichard G Moran; Fiscal Year: 2013..to therapy with the antifolate drugs methotrexate, ralitrexid, and pemetrexed, and also the 5-fluoruracil- leucovorin combination...
- Molecular Correlates of Outcomes in Clinical Trials of Colon CancerPolly A Newcomb; Fiscal Year: 2013..over 6,500 stage II-III colon cancer patients participating in three RCTs, all of whom received 5-fluorouracil / leucovorin / oxaliplatin (FOLFOX) chemotherapy with or without adjuvant therapy, to examine associations with clinical ..
- Aminotrexate A Novel Strategy to Replace Methotrexate in PsoriasisJohn A Zebala; Fiscal Year: 2010..With regard to non-CNS toxicities and response to the antidote leucovorin, AMT is indistinguishable from MTX...
- Chemotherapy dose monitoring using a wearable, microdialysis-based assay systemGEORGE SUBREBOST; Fiscal Year: 2010..A small clinical study is planned in Phase II with patients receiving the mFOLFOX6 regimen for colon cancer (Leucovorin, 5-FU, and Oxiplatin) at the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute...
- LIPOPHILIC ANTIFOLATES AND AIDS OPPORTUNISTIC INFECTIONSAndre Rosowsky; Fiscal Year: 2004..The lack of binding selectivity of TMQ and PTX requires that they be used with leucovorin (LV) to prevent hematologic toxicity, whereas the relatively low efficacy of TMP and PM as single agents ..
- CELLULAR EFFECTS OF INHIBITION OF THYMIDYLATE SYNTHASERICHARD MORAN; Fiscal Year: 1993..Finally, an explanation for the limited increase in the host toxicity of 5-FU when folinic acid is simultaneously administered will be sought on a biochemical level...
- METHOTREXATE EFFECTS OF ASTROCYTESJocelyn Bruce; Fiscal Year: 1992..been fed with folic acid- deficient diet as well as following co- administration of the drug with folic acid, leucovorin and methyl tetrahydrofolate. MTX levels will be correlated with folate levels in brain following MTX treatment...
- PHARMACODYNAMIC CORRELATES IN ADVANCED GASTRIC CANCERCharles Coltman; Fiscal Year: 1992..reports suggest that FAMTX chemotherapy (a combination of 5-Fluorouracil, doxorubicin, and methotrexate with leucovorin rescue) has a superior response rate and associated median survival than FAM chemotherapy (5-Fluorouracil, ..
- ANTIIDIOTYPE VACCINE THERAPY OF HUMAN COLORECTAL CANCERMALAYA CHATTERJEE; Fiscal Year: 2002..clinical trials in which patients with Dukes B and C colorectal carcinoma will be treated with adjuvant 5FU and leucovorin and anti-Id 3Hl in combination with different immunologic adjuvants such as GS-21, GM-CSF or low-dose IL-2...
- CELLULAR PHARMACOLOGY OF THE STEREOISOMERS OF LEUCOVORINRichard Schilsky; Fiscal Year: 1991The long term objectives of this application are to define the stereospecificity of leucovorin transport, metabolism and effects on 5-fluorouracil cytotoxicity in human tumor cells...
- COMBINED RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY & CHEMOTHERAPY--COLON CANCERMalik Juweid; Fiscal Year: 1999Adjuvant chemotherapy with 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) and leucovorin (LV) has proven to be beneficial in the management of patients with Dukes' B and C colon cancer (1)...
- PHARMACOLOGY OF LEUCOVORIN IN CANCER CHEMOTHERAPYDouglas Greene; Fiscal Year: 1980High dose methotrexate with leucovorin rescue is currently being used in a number of clinical protocols for the treatment of metastatic osteogenic sarcoma and a variety of other neoplasms...
- REGULATION OF SERINE HYDROXYMETHYLTRANSFERASEPATRICK STOVER; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- MOLECULAR PROGNOSTIC INDICATORS IN COLORECTAL CANCERLeonard Saltz; Fiscal Year: 2000DESCRIPTION: (Applicant's Abstract) Fluorouracil plus leucovorin remains the standard first-line chemotherapy for metastatic colorectal cancer...
- NOVEL ANTIFOLATES IN ACUTE LEUKEMIA AND OSTEOSARCOMATanya Trippett; Fiscal Year: 2001..which does not require utilization of the reduced folate carrier for cellular uptake, in combination with leucovorin protection in the treatment of patients with relapsed/refractory acute lymphoblastic leukemia and osteogenic ..
- CORRELATES AND TREATMENT OF PANCREATIC CARCINOMACharles Yeo; Fiscal Year: 1993..Patients with resectable pancreatic cancer will be enrolled in a phase II study combining with 5-FU and leucovorin. Patients with unresectable pancreatic cancer will be enrolled in a phase II study using systemic chemotherapy ..
- NEUROTOXICITY OF ANTIFOLATE CANCER CHEMOTHERAPYPeter Phillips; Fiscal Year: 1992..2. Investigate MTX depletion and leucovorin repletion of brain folates by measuring brain folate and folate cofactors after MTX and leucovorin treatment by ..
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP B--PET COMMITTEEMark Ratain; Fiscal Year: 2002..The initial study will evaluate the effect of IL-11 on mucositis secondary to cisplatin, 5-FU and leucovorin. Since many of the studies include analysis of pharmacological specimens, the Committee utilizes three core ..
- Biochemical System Analyses of IdUrd in MMR+/- CellsTomas Radivoyevitch; Fiscal Year: 2009..a mathematical model of deoxynucleotide metabolism will be developed to predict which time courses of IdUrd, leucovorin, ralitrexed, and 5'-amino-5-deoxythymidine maximize differences in IdUrd-DNA between MMR- cells and MMR+ ..
- INTRAPERITONEAL FLOXURIDINE PLUS LEUCOVORINFranco Muggia; Fiscal Year: 1993..from applicant's abstract) The applicant proposes to study IP biochemical modulation of FUdR given with IP leucovorin and to determine its pharmacologic and clinical consequences...
- Role of 10-formyldihydrofolate in purine biosynthesisTsunenobu Tamura; Fiscal Year: 2004..If this pathway is proven, derivatives of 10-HCO-H2folate could be used to inhibit de novo purine biosynthesis for developing new anticancer drugs. ..
- REDUCED FOLATE TRANSPORT AND ANTIFOLATE RESISTANCEPETER MELERA; Fiscal Year: 2002..When selected for growth in 15 pM [6S]-folinic acid (leucovorin), however, these cells (DC-3F/FA3) upregulate expression of FRalpha mRNA by 17 fold through a combination of ..
- 5-FU PRODRUGS: ANTITUMOR AGENTS FOR BREAST CANCERMARIANNE SPADA; Fiscal Year: 1993..FU is one of the most used anticancer drugs. It has greater activity in combination with leucovorin. We will start with 5-F-orotate (FO), which is metabolically converted to FU nucleotides...
- CPT11 activation by carboxylesterases in colon cancerWILLIAM BOSRON; Fiscal Year: 2003..After surgery the patients will be treated with 5- fluorouracil, Leucovorin and CPT-11...
- THYMIDINE RESCUE OF HIGH DOSE METHOTREXATEStephen Howell; Fiscal Year: 1980Both thymidine and leucovorin can modulate the toxicity of methotrexate to normal and malignant tissues...
- PHARMACOLOGY OF SELECTIVE ANTITUMOR ACTION/ANTIFOLSFrancis Sirotnak; Fiscal Year: 1993..These will be extended to include studies of the metabolic disposition of Ca leucovorin and the role of 5,10-methenylTHF synthetase.
- NEW CLINICAL BIOMARKER FOR CANCER--WOUND ANGIOGENESISHerbert Hurwitz; Fiscal Year: 2005..4) To evaluate several potential refinements of this normal wound angiogenesis assay in healthy volunteers, and incorporate these refinements in to patient studies involving novel anti-angiogenesis agents. ..
- Does NO mediate clinical anti-VEGF vascular effectsHerbert Hurwitz; Fiscal Year: 2004..However, to allow for potential clinical benefit, patients will be permitted to receive ongoing anti-VEGF therapy as deemed appropriate by their physician. ..
- Anti-VEGF in Tumors & Wounds: Efficacy vs ToxicityHerbert I Hurwitz; Fiscal Year: 2010..This work has the potential to improve both the safety and efficacy of this novel class of drugs. I;' ..
- THERAPY OF HEPATIC METASTASES FROM COLORECTAL CARCINOMANancy Kemeny; Fiscal Year: 2001..Cryosurgery and newer hepatic arterial therapies are therapeutic modalities that can be used in patients in whom liver resection is impossible. ..
- Pharmacodynamics of Gemcitabine by MRS in Pancreatic CAHoward Hochster; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- INTEGRATED ASSESSMENT OF NOVEL THERAPIES IN ONCOLOGYMace Rothenberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Reversal of 5-FU Resistance by Arsenic Trioxide in Colorectal CarcinomaBach Ardalan; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim 2: Determine if ATO administration down regulates the expression of thymidylate synthase in tumor and in PBMC in patients receiving ATO + 5-FU. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biological Effects of Calcitriol in Pancreatic CancerMace Rothenberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project will help us understand the biological mechanisms by which DN101 might enhance the activity of that chemotherapy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FOLATE AND B12 IN NUTRITIONAL ANEMIAS--DIETARY CONTROLDONALD HORNE; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Vanderbilt Phase I Translational Research ProgramMace Rothenberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- CALGB STUDIES OF BREAST CANCER IN THE ELDERLYRichard Schilsky; Fiscal Year: 2004..This well integrated project provides a multidisciplinary approach that will address many issues relevant to the treatment of elderly women with breast cancer. ..
- PROSPECTIVE STUDY OF PANCREATIC CANCER PATHOGENESISCharles Fuchs; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will enhance our understanding of pancreatic carcinogenesis and provide a scientific foundation for future preventive efforts. This is the first R01 submitted by the principal investigator following a K award from NCI. ..
- Metabolic Biomarkers of Autism: Predictive Potential and Genetic SusceptibilitySANDRA JILL JAMES; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- PS-341 in Hepatocellular Carcinoma: A Phase II TrialJordan Berlin; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Flavocoxid: A Medical Food Therapy for OsteoarthritisSarah Morgan; Fiscal Year: 2004..This innovative compound has commercial potential with its expected efficacy comparable to or exceeding the currently marketed COX inhibitors but with fewer side effects and at a significantly lower cost. ..
- HUMAN MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIES TO STUDY AND TREAT HIVMarshall Posner; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will also study long term non-progressors and early progressors to assess the relationship of antibody to intact PI virions to control of disease as a basis for larger more powerful evaluations. ..
- Functional Mechanisms of Antibody Inhibition of HIV-1Marshall Posner; Fiscal Year: 2008..Long-term objectives will be to select constructs from in vitro testing for further testing in non-human primate models of prevention and therapeutics. ..
- CLINICAL TRIALS OF FLAVOPIRIDOL WITH CHEMOTHERAPYGary Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2008..Continue to examine the mechanisms by which flavopiridol potentiates CPT-11 induced apoptosis, which should provide the opportunity to identify new biomarkers of response for these flavopiridol drug combinations. ..
- MECHANISMS OF CHEMOPROTECTION BY OLTIPRAZPETER O DWYER; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will also screen a series of dithiolethione analogues for their ability to induce NER activity. The results of these studies will enable the design of more selective and less toxic chemopreventive agents. ..
- GENE EXPRESSION AND HYPOXIC CELL RESISTANCEPETER O DWYER; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is expected that this work will yield novel targets for the reversal of hypoxic cell resistance in the clinic. ..
- SPECIAL POPULATIONS NETWORK FOR CANCER CONTROLEdith Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Timing of Rectal Cancer Response to ChemoradiationJulio Garcia Aguilar; Fiscal Year: 2009..This information will help develop molecular assays to diagnose pathologic complete response in transrectal biopsies of the tumor bed before removing the rectum. ..
- Role of Cytokines and Promoter Genotype in PrematurityHyagriv Simhan; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Creatine: Is It a Body Builder for Cancer Patients?Aminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2004..obtain longitudinal toxicity and quality of life data on this same cohort of 50 patients and will make direct comparisons between treatment arms on toxicity incidence and severity and on maximal quality of life scores ..
- PET IMAGING IN MULTIMODALITY MANAGEMENT OF RECTAL CANCERJose Guillem; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- CEA BASED VACCINE THERAPY IN PATIENTS WITH ADVANCED CAJohn Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2005..So far, the applicant's experience with the first generation CEA-based vaccines has generated a great deal of excitement, and yet he anticipates even more from the newer vaccine constructs. ..
- Novel TNF Chimeric Vector for Treatment of Pancreatic CancerTony Reid; Fiscal Year: 2008..To improve therapeutic efficacy, we have developed a stabilized form of TNF that cannot be released from the surface of the tumor cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RESPONSE VARIABILITY IN TREATMENT RESISTANT DEPRESSIONJonathan Alpert; Fiscal Year: 2006..Secondary analyses will use general linear models and growth mixture modeling to examine how early cordance changes relate to patient and illness factors and to functional outcomes. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Predicting Transitions Among Community-Dwelling EldersIlene Zuckerman; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Phase II Study of Imatinib Mesylate in Patients with Inoperable Melanoma Gary K Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Dose reductions are allowed in the setting of toxicity. Imaging studies will be performed on an every 6 week schedule. ..