Genomes and Genes
Summary: Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate. A coenzyme composed of ribosylnicotinamide 5'-phosphate (NMN) coupled by pyrophosphate linkage to the 5'-phosphate adenosine 2',5'-bisphosphate. It serves as an electron carrier in a number of reactions, being alternately oxidized (NADP+) and reduced (NADPH). (Dorland, 27th ed)
Publications353 found, 100 shown here
- The soluble and membrane-bound transhydrogenases UdhA and PntAB have divergent functions in NADPH metabolism of Escherichia coliUwe Sauer
Institute of Biotechnology, ETH Zurich, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 279:6613-9. 2004..isoforms with unknown physiological function that could potentially transfer electrons directly from NADH to NADP+ and vice versa...
- Dynamic rerouting of the carbohydrate flux is key to counteracting oxidative stressMarkus Ralser
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Ihnestrasse 73, 14195 Berlin, Germany
J Biol 6:10. 2007..Eukaryotic cells have evolved various response mechanisms to counteract the deleterious consequences of oxidative stress. Among these processes, metabolic alterations seem to play an important role...
- Essential requirement for two-pore channel 1 in NAADP-mediated calcium signalingEugen Brailoiu
Department of Pharmacology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
J Cell Biol 186:201-9. 2009..Thus, TPC1 is critical for NAADP action and is likely the long sought after target channel for NAADP...
- The power to reduce: pyridine nucleotides--small molecules with a multitude of functionsNadine Pollak
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Bergen, Thormøhlensgate 55, N 5008 Bergen, Norway
Biochem J 402:205-18. 2007The pyridine nucleotides NAD and NADP play vital roles in metabolic conversions as signal transducers and in cellular defence systems. Both coenzymes participate as electron carriers in energy transduction and biosynthetic processes...
- NAD+/NADH and NADP+/NADPH in cellular functions and cell death: regulation and biological consequencesWeihai Ying
Department of Neurology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 10:179-206. 2008Accumulating evidence has suggested that NAD (including NAD+ and NADH) and NADP (including NADP+ and NADPH) could belong to the fundamental common mediators of various biological processes, including energy metabolism, mitochondrial ..
- NOX4 activity is determined by mRNA levels and reveals a unique pattern of ROS generationLena Serrander
Foundation for Medical Research, University of Geneva, 64 av de la Roseraie, 1205, Geneva, Switzerland
Biochem J 406:105-14. 2007..In conclusion, NOX4 has a distinct pharmacology and pattern of ROS generation. The close correlation between NOX4 mRNA and ROS generation might hint towards a function as an inducible NOX isoform...
- The two-pore channel TPCN2 mediates NAADP-dependent Ca(2+)-release from lysosomal storesXiangang Zong
Center for Integrated Protein Science CIPS M and Zentrum für Pharmaforschung, Department Pharmazie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Butenandtstr 5 13, 81377, Munich, Germany
Pflugers Arch 458:891-9. 2009..of this second messenger and is insensitive to the NAADP analog nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADP)...
- Cytosolic NADP(+)-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase status modulates oxidative damage to cellsSu Min Lee
Department of Biochemistry, College of Natural Sciences, Kyungpook National University, Taegu, South Korea
Free Radic Biol Med 32:1185-96. 2002..It is mainly produced by glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD), malic enzyme, and the cytosolic form of NADP(+)-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDPc)...
- High NADPH/NADP+ ratio improves thymidine production by a metabolically engineered Escherichia coli strainHyeon Cheol Lee
BioNgene Co, Ltd 10 1, 1Ka, Myungryun Dong, Jongro Ku, Seoul 110 521, Republic of Korea
J Biotechnol 149:24-32. 2010..2- and 2-fold compared with BLdtugp24, respectively. The NADPH/NADP(+) ratios at steady-state had overall positive correlations with thymidine yields in these strains...
- TPC proteins are phosphoinositide- activated sodium-selective ion channels in endosomes and lysosomesXiang Wang
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan, 3089 Kraus Natural Science Building, 830 North University Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Cell 151:372-83. 2012..These findings suggest that the organellar membrane potential may undergo large regulatory changes and may explain the specificity of PI(3,5)P(2) in regulating the fusogenic potential of intracellular organelles...
- Photoaffinity labeling of nicotinic acid adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NAADP) targets in mammalian cellsYaping Lin-Moshier
Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Biol Chem 287:2296-307. 2012..This observation necessitates critical evaluation of current models of NAADP-triggered activation of the TPC family...
- Identification of a chemical probe for NAADP by virtual screeningEdmund Naylor
Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Nat Chem Biol 5:220-6. 2009..Moreover, we show the utility of Ned-19 as a chemical probe by using it to demonstrate that NAADP is a key causal link between glucose sensing and Ca(2+) increases in mouse pancreatic beta cells...
- Regulation of mitochondrial NADP+-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase activity by glutathionylationIn Sup Kil
Department of Biochemistry, College of Natural Sciences, Kyungpook National University, Taegu 702 701, Korea
J Biol Chem 280:10846-54. 2005..the control of mitochondrial redox balance and oxidative damage is one of the primary functions of mitochondrial NADP(+)-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDPm)...
- Photoaffinity labeling of high affinity nicotinic acid adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NAADP)-binding proteins in sea urchin eggTimothy F Walseth
Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Biol Chem 287:2308-15. 2012..These data suggest that high affinity NAADP binding sites are distinct from TPCs...
- Structures of human cytosolic NADP-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase reveal a novel self-regulatory mechanism of activityXiang Xu
Key Laboratory of Proteomics, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
J Biol Chem 279:33946-57. 2004..Eukaryotic NADP-dependent IDHs (NADP-IDHs) have been shown to have diverse important biological functions; however, their ..
- Heterologous expression and maturation of an NADP-dependent [NiFe]-hydrogenase: a key enzyme in biofuel productionJunsong Sun
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e10526. 2010..We report here the successful production in Escherichia coli of the recombinant form of a cytoplasmic, NADP-dependent hydrogenase from Pyrococcus furiosus, an anaerobic hyperthermophile...
- Characterization of a Saccharomyces cerevisiae NADP(H)-dependent alcohol dehydrogenase (ADHVII), a member of the cinnamyl alcohol dehydrogenase familyCarol Larroy
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Biochem 269:5738-45. 2002A new NADP(H)-dependent alcohol dehydrogenase (the YCR105W gene product, ADHVII) has been identified in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. The enzyme has been purified to homogeneity and found to be a homodimer of 40 kDa subunits and a pI of 6.2-6...
- NAADP as an intracellular messenger regulating lysosomal calcium-release channelsAntony Galione
Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3QT, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 38:1424-31. 2010....
- Membrane topology of NAADP-sensitive two-pore channels and their regulation by N-linked glycosylationRobert Hooper
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 286:9141-9. 2011..Mutation of all three glycosylation sites in TPC1 enhances NAADP-evoked cytosolic Ca(2+) signals. Our data establish essential features of the topology of two-pore channels...
- Antioxidant function of cytosolic sources of NADPH in yeastK I Minard
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229-3900, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 31:832-43. 2001..genes encoding two major enzymatic sources of NADPH [glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (ZWF1) and cytosolic NADP+-specific isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDP2)] and in genes encoding two major cellular peroxidases [mitochondrial ..
- Regulation of ionizing radiation-induced apoptosis by mitochondrial NADP+-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenaseJin Hyup Lee
School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, College of Natural Sciences, Kyungpook National University, Taegu 702 701, Korea
J Biol Chem 282:13385-94. 2007..redox balance and the cellular defense against oxidative damage are some of the primary functions of mitochondrial NADP(+)-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDPm)...
- A role for ATP-citrate lyase, malic enzyme, and pyruvate/citrate cycling in glucose-induced insulin secretionClaudiane Guay
Molecular Nutrition Unit, Montreal Diabetes Research Center, Centre de recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H1W 4A4, Canada
J Biol Chem 282:35657-65. 2007..Taken together, the results underscore the importance of pyruvate/citrate cycling in pancreatic beta-cell metabolic signaling and the regulation of GIIS...
- Insulin receptor signaling for the proliferation of pancreatic β-cells: involvement of Ca2+ second messengers, IP3, NAADP and cADPRAsif Iqbal Shawl
Department of Biochemistry, Chonbuk National University Medical School, Jeonju, Republic of Korea
Islets 1:216-23. 2009....
- The ecto-enzyme CD38 is a nicotinic acid adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NAADP) synthase that couples receptor activation to Ca2+ mobilization from lysosomes in pancreatic acinar cellsFrançois Cosker
CNRS, Institut de Neurobiologie Alfred Fessard, FRC2118, Laboratoire de Neurobiologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire, UPR9040, F 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
J Biol Chem 285:38251-9. 2010..We propose that CD38 is an NAADP synthase required for coupling receptor activation to NAADP-mediated Ca(2+) release from lysosomal stores in pancreatic acinar cells...
- Engineering of Corynebacterium glutamicum with an NADPH-generating glycolytic pathway for L-lysine productionSeiki Takeno
Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture, Shinshu University, Nagano 399 4598, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:7154-60. 2010..glutamicum was replaced with nonphosphorylating NADP-dependent glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GapN) of Streptococcus mutans, which catalyzes the reaction of ..
- The prognostic IDH1( R132 ) mutation is associated with reduced NADP+-dependent IDH activity in glioblastomaFonnet E Bleeker
Neurosurgical Center Amsterdam, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Acta Neuropathol 119:487-94. 2010..b>NADP+-dependent IDH activity was determined in comparison with activity of NAD+-dependent IDH and all other NADPH-..
- The calcium-mobilizing messenger nicotinic acid adenine dinucleotide phosphate participates in sperm activation by mediating the acrosome reactionSridhar R Vasudevan
Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3QT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 285:18262-9. 2010....
- Lysosome-dependent Ca(2+) release response to Fas activation in coronary arterial myocytes through NAADP: evidence from CD38 gene knockoutsFan Zhang
Dept of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Virginia Commonwealth Univ, Richmond, 23298, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 298:C1209-16. 2010....
- Identification of ATP-NADH kinase isozymes and their contribution to supply of NADP(H) in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeFeng Shi
Department of Basic and Applied Molecular Biotechnology, Division of Food and Biological Science, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Uji, Kyoto, Japan
FEBS J 272:3337-49. 2005ATP-NAD kinase phosphorylates NAD to produce NADP by using ATP, whereas ATP-NADH kinase phosphorylates both NAD and NADH...
- Ferredoxin:NADP+ oxidoreductase association with phycocyanin modulates its propertiesAnja Korn
Institut de Biologie et de Technologie de Saclay, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, CNRS, F 91191 Gif sur Yvette, France
J Biol Chem 284:31789-97. 2009In photosynthetic organisms, ferredoxin:NADP(+) oxidoreductase (FNR) is known to provide NADPH for CO(2) assimilation, but it also utilizes NADPH to provide reduced ferredoxin. The cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp...
- TPC2 is a novel NAADP-sensitive Ca2+ release channel, operating as a dual sensor of luminal pH and Ca2+Samantha J Pitt
School of Physiology and Pharmacology, Medical Sciences Building, and Center for Nanoscience and Quantum Information, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 285:35039-46. 2010..This single-channel study provides a long awaited molecular basis for the peculiar mechanistic features of NAADP signaling and a framework for understanding how NAADP can mediate key physiological events...
- Monitoring shifts in the conformation equilibrium of the membrane protein cytochrome P450 reductase (POR) in nanodiscsMaria Wadsäter
Nano Science Center and Institute of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen, DK 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Biol Chem 287:34596-603. 2012..Upon complete reduction by NADPH, the conformational equilibrium shifts toward the compact form protecting the reduced FMN cofactor from engaging in unspecific electron transfer reaction...
- Control of electron transfer and catalysis in neuronal nitric-oxide synthase (nNOS) by a hinge connecting its FMN and FAD-NADPH domainsMohammad Mahfuzul Haque
Department of Pathobiology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Biol Chem 287:30105-16. 2012....
- Human sperm superoxide anion generation and correlation with semen quality in patients with male infertilityTamer M Said
Center for Advanced Research in Human Reproduction, Infertility, and Sexual Function, Glickman Urological Institute and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Fertil Steril 82:871-7. 2004..generation in infertile men and determine whether sperm quality is correlated with levels of ROS triggered by the exogenous reduced form of beta nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH)...
- Linking NAADP to ion channel activity: a unifying hypothesisAndreas H Guse
The Calcium Signalling Group, Department of Biochemistry and Signal Transduction, Centre of Experimental Medicine, University Medical Centre Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Sci Signal 5:pe18. 2012..I propose that NAADP binding proteins could bind to different ion channels and thus may explain how NAADP regulates diverse ion channels...
- Structural studies of Saccharomyces cerevesiae mitochondrial NADP-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase in different enzymatic states reveal substantial conformational changes during the catalytic reactionYingjie Peng
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Research Center for Structural Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Protein Sci 17:1542-54. 2008..We report here the crystal structures of Saccharomyces cerevesiae mitochondrial NADP-IDH Idp1p in binary complexes with coenzyme NADP, or substrate ICT, or product AKG, and in a quaternary complex ..
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase activity and NADPH/NADP+ ratio in liver and pancreas are dependent on the severity of hyperglycemia in ratMargarita Díaz-Flores
Unidad de Investigacion Medica en Bioquimica, Hospital de Especialidades, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, IMSS Mexico, Mexico
Life Sci 78:2601-7. 2006Hyperglycemia is associated with metabolic disturbances affecting cell redox potential, particularly the NADPH/NADP+ ratio and reduced glutathione levels...
- Cyclic ADP-ribose and nicotinic acid adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NAADP) as messengers for calcium mobilizationHon Cheung Lee
Department of Physiology, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
J Biol Chem 287:31633-40. 2012..How this novel signaling enzyme is regulated remains largely unknown and is the focus of this minireview...
- Catalytic mechanism of NADP(+)-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase: implications from the structures of magnesium-isocitrate and NADP+ complexesJ H Hurley
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0448
Biochemistry 30:8671-8. 1991The structures of NADP+ and magnesium isocitrate bound to the NADP(+)-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase of Escherichia coli have been determined and refined at 2.5-A resolution...
- Determinants of cofactor specificity in isocitrate dehydrogenase: structure of an engineered NADP+ --> NAD+ specificity-reversal mutantJ H Hurley
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive, and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 0580, USA
Biochemistry 35:5670-8. 1996..converts the cofactor specificity of Escherichia coli isocitrate dehydrogenase from a 7000-fold preference for NADP+ to a 200-fold preference for NAD+, with overall activity comparable to that of wild-type NAD+-dependent isocitrate ..
- Nicotinic acid adenine dinucleotide phosphate regulates skeletal muscle differentiation via action at two-pore channelsParvinder K Aley
Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3QT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:19927-32. 2010..The data presented here strongly suggest that in myoblasts, NAADP acts at acidic organelles on the recently discovered two-pore channels to promote differentiation...
- Membrane potential regulates nicotinic acid adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NAADP) dependence of the pH- and Ca2+-sensitive organellar two-pore channel TPC1Volodymyr Rybalchenko
Epithelial Signaling and Transport Section, Molecular Physiology and Therapeutics Branch, NIDCR, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 287:20407-16. 2012..These findings reveal unique properties of TPC1 to explain its role in Ca(2+) oscillations and cell function...
- FAD-binding site and NADP reactivity in human renalase: a new enzyme involved in blood pressure regulationMario Milani
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomolecolari e Biotecnologie, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via Celoria 26, 20133 Milan, Italy
J Mol Biol 411:463-73. 2011..FAD prosthetic group becomes slowly reduced when it is incubated with NADPH under anaerobiosis, and binds NAD(+) or NADP(+) with K(d) values of ca 2 mM...
- Regulation of brain mitochondrial H2O2 production by membrane potential and NAD(P)H redox stateAnatoly A Starkov
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 685 W Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Neurochem 86:1101-7. 2003....
- Functional analysis of the pathways for 2-Cys peroxiredoxin reduction in Arabidopsis thaliana chloroplastsPablo Pulido
Instituto de Bioquimica Vegetal y Fotosintesis, Universidad de Sevilla and CSIC, Avda Americo Vespucio 49, 41092 Sevilla, Spain
J Exp Bot 61:4043-54. 2010..The deficiency of NTRC caused a more severe phenotype than the deficiency of Trx chi or 2-Cys Prxs as determined by growth, pigment content, CO(2) fixation, and F(v)/F(m), indicating additional functions of NTRC...
- TPCs: Endolysosomal channels for Ca2+ mobilization from acidic organelles triggered by NAADPMichael X Zhu
Department of Neuroscience and Center for Molecular Neurobiology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
FEBS Lett 584:1966-74. 2010..With multiple endolysosomal targeted NAADP receptors now identified, important new insights into the regulation of endolysosomal function in health and disease will therefore be unveiled...
- Diagnostic chemical shift markers for loop conformation and substrate and cofactor binding in dihydrofolate reductase complexesMichael J Osborne
Department of Molecular Biology and Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Protein Sci 12:2230-8. 2003..15)N, and (13)C(alpha) resonance assignments have been made for the ternary complex with folate and oxidized NADP(+) cofactor and the ternary complex with folate and a reduced cofactor analog, 5,6-dihydroNADPH...
- Catalytic mechanism of the primary human prostaglandin F2α synthase, aldo-keto reductase 1B1--prostaglandin D2 synthase activity in the absence of NADP(H)Nanae Nagata
Department of Molecular Behavioral Biology, Osaka Bioscience Institute, Suita, Osaka, Japan
FEBS J 278:1288-98. 2011..AKR1B3, but not AKR1B7 and AKR1C3, also catalyzed the isomerization of PGH(2) to PGD(2) in the absence of NADPH or NADP(+)...
- Insights from modeling the 3D structure of NAD(P)H-dependent D-xylose reductase of Pichia stipitis and its binding interactions with NAD and NADPJing Fang Wang
Bioinformatics Center, Key Lab of Systems Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 359:323-9. 2007..To investigate into the interaction mechanism of the enzyme with its ligand NAD and NADP, the 3D structure was developed for the NAD(P)H-dependent d-xylose reductase from P. stipitis...
- A dynamic knockout reveals that conformational fluctuations influence the chemical step of enzyme catalysisGira Bhabha
Department of Molecular Biology and Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Science 332:234-8. 2011....
- NADP-glutamate dehydrogenase isoenzymes of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Purification, kinetic properties, and physiological rolesA DeLuna
Departamento de Genetica Molecular, Instituto de Fisiologia Celular, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Apartado Postal 70 242, Mexico D F 04510, Mexico
J Biol Chem 276:43775-83. 2001In the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae, two NADP(+)-dependent glutamate dehydrogenases (NADP-GDHs) encoded by GDH1 and GDH3 catalyze the synthesis of glutamate from ammonium and alpha-ketoglutarate...
- Two-photon fluorescence spectroscopy and microscopy of NAD(P)H and flavoproteinShaohui Huang
School of Applied and Engineering Physics, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Biophys J 82:2811-25. 2002..Finally, 2P-autofluorescence emission spectra of single cardiac cells have been obtained, with results suggesting potential for substantial improvement of the proposed 2P-ratiometric technique...
- Influence of membrane potential changes on cytoplasmic Ca2+ concentration in an electrically excitable cell, the insulin-secreting pancreatic B-cellP Gilon
Unite de Diabetologie et Nutrition, University of Louvain Faculty of Medicine, Brussels, Belgium
J Biol Chem 267:20713-20. 1992..The oscillatory pattern of the electrical and Ca2+i responses induced by glucose is not accompanied by and thus probably not due to similar oscillations of metabolism...
- Purified TPC isoforms form NAADP receptors with distinct roles for Ca(2+) signaling and endolysosomal traffickingMargarida Ruas
Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3QT, UK
Curr Biol 20:703-9. 2010..We propose that NAADP regulates endolysosomal Ca(2+) storage and release via TPCs and coordinates endoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+) release in a role that impacts on Ca(2+) signaling in health and disease ...
- From genetic footprinting to antimicrobial drug targets: examples in cofactor biosynthetic pathwaysSvetlana Y Gerdes
Integrated Genomics Inc, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Bacteriol 184:4555-72. 2002..Several drug targets within these pathways, including three distantly related adenylyltransferases (orthologs of the E. coli genes nadD, coaD, and ribF), are discussed in detail...
- Sources of NADPH in yeast vary with carbon sourceKaryl I Minard
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
J Biol Chem 280:39890-6. 2005..carbon source (lactate), a condition associated with expression of another enzymatic source of NADPH, cytosolic NADP+-specific isocitrate dehydrogenase (Idp2p)...
- Tps1 regulates the pentose phosphate pathway, nitrogen metabolism and fungal virulenceRichard A Wilson
School of Biosciences, University of Exeter, Exeter, UK
EMBO J 26:3673-85. 2007..Taken together, these results demonstrate that Tps1 is a central regulator for integration of carbon and nitrogen metabolism, and plays a pivotal role in the establishment of plant disease...
- NADP+ reduction with reduced ferredoxin and NADP+ reduction with NADH are coupled via an electron-bifurcating enzyme complex in Clostridium kluyveriShuning Wang
Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology, Karl von Frisch Strasse 10, D 35043 Marburg, Germany
J Bacteriol 192:5115-23. 2010..It was found that the purified iron-sulfur flavoprotein complex NfnAB couples the exergonic reduction of NADP+ with reduced ferredoxin (Fdred) and the endergonic reduction of NADP+ with NADH in a reversible reaction: Fdred2-+..
- Efficient bioethanol production by a recombinant flocculent Saccharomyces cerevisiae strain with a genome-integrated NADP+-dependent xylitol dehydrogenase geneAkinori Matsushika
Biomass Technology Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Kure, Hiroshima, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:3818-22. 2009The recombinant industrial Saccharomyces cerevisiae strain MA-R5 was engineered to express NADP(+)-dependent xylitol dehydrogenase using the flocculent yeast strain IR-2, which has high xylulose-fermenting ability, and both xylose ..
- Furfural inhibits growth by limiting sulfur assimilation in ethanologenic Escherichia coli strain LY180Elliot N Miller
Department of Microbiology and Cell Science, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 3261, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:6132-41. 2009....
- NADPH-cytochrome P450 oxidoreductase. Structural basis for hydride and electron transferP A Hubbard
Department of Biochemistry, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
J Biol Chem 276:29163-70. 2001..The crystal structure of the rat reductase complexed with NADP(+) has revealed that nicotinamide access to FAD is blocked by an aromatic residue (Trp-677), which stacks against ..
- Recent developments in pyridine nucleotide regenerationWilfred A van der Donk
Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 600 S Mathews Avenue, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Curr Opin Biotechnol 14:421-6. 2003..The use of electrochemical methods has allowed cofactor regeneration for monooxygenases and natural or engineered whole-cell systems provide alternatives to approaches relying on purified enzymes...
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase-derived NADPH fuels superoxide production in the failing heartSachin A Gupte
Department of Physiology, BSB Room 626, New York Medical College, Valhalla, 10595, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 41:340-9. 2006..We conclude that the activation of myocardial G6PD is a novel mechanism that enhances NADPH availability and fuels superoxide-generating enzymes in heart failure...
- Menadione-induced reactive oxygen species generation via redox cycling promotes apoptosis of murine pancreatic acinar cellsDavid N Criddle
MRC Secretory Research Group, Department of Physiology and Division of Surgery and Oncology, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 3BX, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 281:40485-92. 2006..Two-electron detoxifying enzymes such as NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase, which are elevated in pancreatitis, may provide protection against excessive ROS and exert an important role in determining acinar cell fate...
- Suppression of mitochondrial NADP(+)-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase activity enhances curcumin-induced apoptosis in HCT116 cellsKyu Ho Jung
School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, College of Natural Sciences, Kyungpook National University, Taegu 702 701, Korea
Free Radic Res 45:431-8. 2011..It has been shown previously that mitochondrial NADP(+)-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDPm) plays an essential role in defense against oxidative stress by ..
- An NAADP-gated two-pore channel targeted to the plasma membrane uncouples triggering from amplifying Ca2+ signalsEugen Brailoiu
Department of Pharmacology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
J Biol Chem 285:38511-6. 2010..We therefore uncouple TPC2 from amplification pathways and prove that it is a pore-forming subunit of an NAADP-gated Ca(2+) channel...
- Cellular defense against heat shock-induced oxidative damage by mitochondrial NADP+ -dependent isocitrate dehydrogenaseHyun Jeong Kim
Department of Biochemistry, College of Natural Sciences, Kyungpook National University, Taegu 702 701, South Korea
Free Radic Res 39:441-8. 2005..Mitochondrial NADP+ -dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDPm) produces NADPH, an essential reducing equivalent for the antioxidant ..
- Silencing of NADPH-dependent oxidoreductase genes (yqhD and dkgA) in furfural-resistant ethanologenic Escherichia coliE N Miller
Department of Microbiology and Cell Science, University of Florida, Gainesville, 32611, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:4315-23. 2009..Together, these results suggest that the process of reducing furfural by using an enzyme with a low K(m) for NADPH rather than a direct inhibitory action is the primary cause for growth inhibition by low concentrations of furfural...
- Determination of the cytosolic free NAD/NADH ratio in Saccharomyces cerevisiae under steady-state and highly dynamic conditionsAndré B Canelas
Department of Biotechnology, Delft University of Technology, Julianalaan 67, 2628BC Delft, The Netherlands
Biotechnol Bioeng 100:734-43. 2008..distinguish between different compartment pools, between free and protein-bound forms and/or between NAD(H) and NADP(H)...
- Multiplicity of Ca2+ messengers and Ca2+ stores: a perspective from cyclic ADP-ribose and NAADPHon Cheung Lee
University of Minnesota, Department of Pharmacology, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Curr Mol Med 4:227-37. 2004..cADPR) and nicotinic acid dinucleotide phosphate (NAADP) are two such messengers that are derived from NAD and NADP, respectively...
- The NADPH-dependent thioredoxin system constitutes a functional backup for cytosolic glutathione reductase in ArabidopsisLaurent Marty
Heidelberg Institute for Plant Science, Heidelberg University, Im Neuenheimer Feld 360, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:9109-14. 2009..Integrated biochemical and genetic assays identify the NADPH-dependent thioredoxin system as a backup system for GR1. Deletion of both, NADPH-dependent thioredoxin reductase A and GR1, prevents survival due to a pollen lethal phenotype...
- NAADP mobilizes calcium from acidic organelles through two-pore channelsPeter J Calcraft
Centre for Integrative Physiology, College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Hugh Robson Building, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, Scotland, UK
Nature 459:596-600. 2009..TPCs therefore provide new insights into the regulation and organization of Ca(2+) signals in animal cells, and will advance our understanding of the physiological role of NAADP...
- Ca2+ controls slow NAD(P)H oscillations in glucose-stimulated mouse pancreatic isletsDan S Luciani
Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Physiol 572:379-92. 2006..We propose that a component of the latter reflects mitochondrial depolarization by Ca(2+), which reduces respiratory control and consequently accelerates oxidation of NADH...
- Cytosolic NADP+-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase plays a key role in lipid metabolismHo Jin Koh
Department of Genetic Engineering, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 702 701, Korea
J Biol Chem 279:39968-74. 2004..We have reported recently an important role for mitochondrial NADP(+)-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase in cellular defense against oxidative damage by providing NADPH needed for ..
- The pentose phosphate pathway is a metabolic redox sensor and regulates transcription during the antioxidant responseAntje Krüger
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Berlin, Germany
Antioxid Redox Signal 15:311-24. 2011..A shift in primary carbon metabolism is the fastest response to oxidative stress. Induced within seconds, it precedes transcriptional regulation, and produces reducing equivalents in form of NADPH within the pentose phosphate pathway (PPP)...
- Interplay between the NADP-linked thioredoxin and glutathione systems in Arabidopsis auxin signalingTalaat Bashandy
Laboratoire Génome et Développement des Plantes, Universite de Perpignan, Unite Mixte de Recherche, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut de Recherche pour le Développement Université de Perpignan Via Domitia 5096, 66860 Perpignan, France
Plant Cell 22:376-91. 2010..Analysis of ntr and glutathione biosynthesis mutants suggests that glutathione homeostasis plays a major role in auxin transport as both NTR and glutathione pathways are involved in auxin homeostasis...
- GXXXG and GXXXA motifs stabilize FAD and NAD(P)-binding Rossmann folds through C(alpha)-H... O hydrogen bonds and van der waals interactionsGary Kleiger
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, UCLA DOE Center for Genomics and Proteomics, Molecular Biology Institute, UCLA, Box 951570, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1570, USA
J Mol Biol 323:69-76. 2002..The V/IXGX(1-2)GXXGXXXG/A motif can be used to search genomic sequence data and to annotate the function of proteins containing the motif as oxidoreductases, including proteins of previously unknown function...
- Second messenger signaling: multiple receptors for NAADPAndreas H Guse
The Calcium Signalling Group, Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology I, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Curr Biol 19:R521-3. 2009..Following on from previously published NAADP receptor candidates, recent work now describes the identification of a novel NAADP-sensitive Ca(2+) channel...
- Cell-permeant NAADP: a novel chemical tool enabling the study of Ca2+ signalling in intact cellsRaman Parkesh
Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Mansfield Road, Oxford, OX1 3QT, United Kingdom
Cell Calcium 43:531-8. 2008..NAADP-AM is a powerful chemical tool that will be of enormous biological utility in a wide range of systems and will greatly facilitate research into the role of NAADP in health and disease...
- Quantitative NAD(P)H/flavoprotein autofluorescence imaging reveals metabolic mechanisms of pancreatic islet pyruvate responseJonathan V Rocheleau
Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 279:31780-7. 2004..Overall, these data are consistent with either a restricted pyruvate dehydrogenase-dependent metabolism or a buffering of the NADH response by other metabolic mechanisms...
- Photo-induced electron transfer from photosystem I to NADP(+): characterization and tentative simulation of the in vivo environmentGwenaëlle Moal
Service de Bioenergetique, Biologie Structurale et Mecanismes, Gif sur Yvette, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1817:1635-45. 2012..or concomitant interaction of at least three proteins: photosystem I (PSI), ferredoxin (Fd) and ferredoxin:NADP(+) oxidoreductase (FNR)...
- NAADP on targetRobert Hooper
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, UK
Adv Exp Med Biol 740:325-47. 2012..Thus multiple lines of evidence indicate that TPCs are the likely long sought targets for NAADP...
- Oxidative stress evokes a metabolic adaptation that favors increased NADPH synthesis and decreased NADH production in Pseudomonas fluorescensRanji Singh
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Ontario P3E 2C6, Canada
J Bacteriol 189:6665-75. 2007..The activity and expression of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase, malic enzyme, and NADP(+)-isocitrate dehydrogenase, the main generators of NADPH, were markedly increased during oxidative challenge...
- A link between LRRK2, autophagy and NAADP-mediated endolysosomal calcium signallingPatricia Gómez-Suaga
Institute of Parasitology and Biomedicine López Neyra, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Avda del Conocimiento s n, 18100 Granada, Spain
Biochem Soc Trans 40:1140-6. 2012..In the present paper, we review our current knowledge of the link between LRRK2 and autophagic-lysosomal clearance, including regulation of Ca2+-dependent events involving NAADP...
- Cofactor-induced conformational rearrangements establish a catalytically competent active site and a proton relay conduit in FabGAllen C Price
Department of Structural Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105 USA
Structure 12:417-28. 2004..The structures of Escherichia coli FabG and the FabG[Y151F] mutant in binary complexes with NADP(H) reveal that mechanistically important conformational changes accompany cofactor binding...
- Lot6p from Saccharomyces cerevisiae is a FMN-dependent reductase with a potential role in quinone detoxificationSonja Sollner
Institute of Biochemistry, Graz University of Technology, Petersgasse 12 II, A 8010 Graz, Austria
FEBS J 274:1328-39. 2007..In vivo experiments demonstrate that the enzymatic activity of Lot6p is consistent with the phenotype of both Deltalot6 and Lot6p overexpressing strains, suggesting that Lot6p may play a role in managing oxidative stress in yeast...
- Twists in catalysis: alternating conformations of Escherichia coli thioredoxin reductaseB W Lennon
Biophysics Research Division, Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Science 289:1190-4. 2000..Comparison of these structures demonstrates that switching between the two conformations involves a "ball-and-socket" motion in which the pyridine nucleotide-binding domain rotates by 67 degrees...
- Expression of protein engineered NADP+-dependent xylitol dehydrogenase increases ethanol production from xylose in recombinant Saccharomyces cerevisiaeAkinori Matsushika
Biomass Technology Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, 2 2 2 Hirosuehiro, Kure, Hiroshima, 737 0197, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 81:243-55. 2008..xylitol formation, we have already generated several XDH mutants with a reversal of coenzyme specificity toward NADP(+). In this study, we constructed a set of recombinant S...
- NAADP controls cross-talk between distinct Ca2+ stores in the heartAndrew Macgregor
Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3QT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 282:15302-11. 2007..The observations are consistent with a novel role for NAADP in cardiac muscle mediated by Ca(2+) release from bafilomycin-sensitive acidic stores, which in turn enhances SR Ca(2+) release by increasing SR Ca(2+) load...
- Pyruvate : NADP+ oxidoreductase from the mitochondrion of Euglena gracilis and from the apicomplexan Cryptosporidium parvum: a biochemical relic linking pyruvate metabolism in mitochondriate and amitochondriate protistsC Rotte
, , , Germany
Mol Biol Evol 18:710-20. 2001..a hitherto unique exception in that these mitochondria oxidize pyruvate with the O(2)-sensitive enzyme pyruvate : NADP oxidoreductase (PNO)...
- Cytosolic and mitochondrial malic enzyme isoforms differentially control insulin secretionRebecca L Pongratz
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Biol Chem 282:200-7. 2007..The cytosolic NADP(+)-specific isoform (ME1) was the most abundant, with the mitochondrial isoforms NAD(+)-preferred (ME2) expressed ..
- Transformation of local Ca2+ spikes to global Ca2+ transients: the combinatorial roles of multiple Ca2+ releasing messengersJose M Cancela
Laboratoire de Neurobiologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire, Unité CNRS UPR 9040, 1 Avenue de la Terrasse, 91 198 Gif sur Yvette, France
EMBO J 21:909-19. 2002..Different combinations of Ca2+ releasing messengers can shape the spatio-temporal patterns of cytosolic Ca2+ signals. NAADP and cADPR are emerging as key messengers in the globalization of Ca2+ signals...
- Isolation and characterization of the ZWF1 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, encoding glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenaseI Nogae
Department of Genetics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110
Gene 96:161-9. 1990..The predicted amino acid sequence of yeast G6PD is highly similar to the sequence of the Drosophila, human, and rat enzymes, except near its N terminus, where the yeast and Drosophila sequences diverge from that of human and rat...
- TPC2 proteins mediate nicotinic acid adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NAADP)- and agonist-evoked contractions of smooth muscleNezahat Tugba Durlu-Kandilci
Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3QT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 285:24925-32. 2010..Our findings provide the first evidence that TPC proteins mediate a key NAADP-regulated tissue response brought about by agonist activation of a cell surface receptor...
- Millisecond timescale fluctuations in dihydrofolate reductase are exquisitely sensitive to the bound ligandsDavid D Boehr
Department of Molecular Biology and The Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:1373-8. 2010..Analogous dynamic differences in the E:THF:NADPH and E:THF:NADP(+) product ternary complexes are difficult to rationalize from ground-state structures...
- Calcium signaling via two-pore channels: local or global, that is the questionMichael X Zhu
Department of Neuroscience, Biochemistry and Center for Molecular Neurobiology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 298:C430-41. 2010..This may call for a revision of current views on the mechanisms of intracellular calcium signaling. The purpose of this review is, therefore, to provide an appropriate framework for future studies in this area...
- Increased expression of the oxidative pentose phosphate pathway and gluconeogenesis in anaerobically growing xylose-utilizing Saccharomyces cerevisiaeDavid Runquist
Department of Applied Microbiology, Lund University, PO Box 124, SE 221 00 Lund, Sweden
Microb Cell Fact 8:49. 2009..Metabolic and transcriptional characterization could thus for the first time be performed without addition of a co-substrate or oxygen...
- Structural and biochemical investigations of the catalytic mechanism of an NADP-dependent aldehyde dehydrogenase from Streptococcus mutansD Cobessi
Laboratoire de Cristallographie et Modélisation des Matériaux Minéraux et Biologiques Groupe Biocristallographie ESA 7036, Faculte des Sciences, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, 54506, France
J Mol Biol 300:141-52. 2000The NADP-dependent non-phosphorylating glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase from Streptococcus mutans (abbreviated Sm-ALDH) belongs to the aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH) family...
- Identification of AtNDI1, an internal non-phosphorylating NAD(P)H dehydrogenase in Arabidopsis mitochondriaCatherine S Moore
School of Biological Sciences, Flinders University of South Australia, GPO Box 2100, Adelaide, South Australia 5001, Australia
Plant Physiol 133:1968-78. 2003..the in vitro translation product of AtNDI1 is imported into isolated mitochondria and located on the inside of the inner membrane...
- Two-pore channels: Regulation by NAADP and customized roles in triggering calcium signalsSandip Patel
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, UK
Cell Calcium 47:480-90. 2010..Strategic placing of two-pore channels thus provides a versatile means of generating spatiotemporally complex cellular calcium signals...
- Domain assembly of NAADP-gated two-pore channelsDev Churamani
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, U K
Biochem J 441:317-23. 2012..TPCs thus probably assemble as dimers through differential interactions between transmembrane regions. The present study provides new molecular insight into the membrane insertion and oligomerization of TPCs...
- Anti-tumor properties of curcumin in oral cancers: role of thioredoxin reductaseSTEPHEN WILLIAM TUTTLE; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, curcumin has been effective in tumors, such as colon and HNC, where direct access to the drug is possible. The primary aim of this study is to develop curcumin as a chemotherapeutic and radiation sensitizer for treating HNC.. ..
- Angiotensin Adrenergic Interactions in the KidneyRoland C Blantz; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Pathogenesis and Treatment of Liver Disease in Transaldolase DeficiencyAndras Perl; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies should generate fundamental new information on the cause and treatment of potentially fatal diseases of the liver. ..
- Role of Txnip in adapting fuel metabolism to nutritional stateSIMON HUI; Fiscal Year: 2013..Results of this proposed research will provide fundamental information that may lead to better prevention and/or therapeutics for diabetes and cardiovascular disease in humans. ..
- ROLE OF Rac AND REACTIVE OXYGEN SPECIES IN KAPOSI'S SARCOMA VIRAL ONCOGENESISEnrique A Mesri; Fiscal Year: 2013..So our work will allow us to not only to identify mechanisms of KS carcinogenesis but also will help to identify potential new target and new drugs for anti-KS therapy. ..
- Inhibition of human neutrophil function by Francisella tularensisLee Ann H Allen; Fiscal Year: 2012..The results of this study may lead to new treatments to combat this severe and often fatal lung infection. ..
- Effect of PPARy Ligands on Alcohol-Induced Alveolar Macrophage Oxidative StressSamantha M Yeligar; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, this K99/R00 application provides an excellent opportunity to advance the career of a talented and promising investigator. ..
- Autonomic and Antihypertensive Actions of Neuronal CGRP/RAMP1 ReceptorsMark W Chapleau; Fiscal Year: 2013..Inhibition of Ang II-mediated effects by activation of CGRP/RAMP1 receptors has widespread implications in hypertension and heart failure. ..
- Targeting Inflammation for the Amelioration of Cisplatin-Hearing LossVickram Ramkumar; Fiscal Year: 2011..We believe the information gained from this study will lead to potentially new treatments for treating hearing loss. ..
- Group A Streptococcus responses to oxidative stressIoannis Gryllos; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Systemic Inflammation and Central Nervous System DysfunctionLaura L Dugan; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- ICSBP Function During Myeloid DifferentiationELIZABETH ANN EKLUND; Fiscal Year: 2011..Functional characterization of such a pathway has implications for identifying early markers of disease progression in human myeloid malignancy and rational targets for molecular therapeutic approaches to diseases such as CML and MDS. ..
- A novel peroxidase in vascular endothelium and the development of atherosclerosisGuangjie Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2012..Furthermore, we anticipate this research will lead to the development of a new drug that inhibits the enzyme's activity and blocks the change of LDL. ..
- Protein Nitration in the PlacentaLeslie Myatt; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- REGULATION OF PULMONARY CIRCULATION IN FETUS AND NEWBORNGirija G Konduri; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies will identify an important new source of oxidative stress in PPHN. These observation may lead to new targeted therapies to improve vasodilation and oxygenation in PPHN. ..
- Small Molecule targeting of NADPH oxidase in neutrophilsMarie Dominique Filippi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, our study will help delivering a novel pharmaceutical target, and suitable lead compounds for the treatment of lung inflammation, such as ALI and ARDS. ..
- Arsenic Trioxide and Acute Myeloid LeukemiaYongkui Jing; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our goal will be to utilize As2O3 in combination with 4 HPR or EA analogs in clinical trials in patients with refractory, secondary or in elderly patients with acute myelogenous leukemia. ..
- Nitric Oxide in Hemodialysis AV Fistula MaturationRichard A Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- X chromosome, injury and infectionZoltan Spolarics; Fiscal Year: 2012..Better understanding of the protecting cellular mechanisms that are in effect during septic conditions could lead to advanced protocols in treating the critically ill. ..
- Transplatin: A Novel Agent to Mitigate Cisplatin ToxicityVickram Ramkumar; Fiscal Year: 2013..Overall, we believe that this study will provide the basis for the use of transplatin to alleviate cisplatin toxicities in cancer patients. ..
- Mechanisms and Consequences of Reduced PPAR gamma in Pulmonary HypertensionC Michael Hart; Fiscal Year: 2013..The results of this proposal can thereby define novel and effective therapeutic strategies to regulate programs of gene expression involved in PH pathogenesis. ..
- Alcohol-Induced Bone Resorption: The Role of Oxidative StressMartin J J Ronis; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, in vivo studies will be conducted to examine the ability of antioxidants to block EtOH-induced bone resorption. ..
- Mechanisms of Angiogenesis in Retinopathy of PrematurityMary Elizabeth Hartnett; Fiscal Year: 2009..g., dihydroethidium);and NADPH oxidase activation. ..
- Metabolic regulation of diabetic nephropathyKaren Block; Fiscal Year: 2013..This work may have major therapeutic implications. ..
- Roles of oxidation and inflammation in aortic stiffeningDavid G Harrison; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our combined expertise in the physiology of hypertension, connective tissue biochemistry and cardiovascular histomorphology place us in a unique position to pursue these directions of research. ..
- Pharmacologic Interventions for Cardiovascular Disease in Obstructive Sleep ApneaBarbara J Morgan; Fiscal Year: 2013..These interventions are novel, relevant, unobtrusive, relatively inexpensive, and could drasticallv change the treatment and possible prevention of cardiovascular disease in OSA. ..
- Mechanisms of Angiogenesis of Retinopathy of PrematurityMARY ELIZABETH RUTH HARTNETT; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., dihydroethidium);and NADPH oxidase activation. ..
- Parvalbumin-Containing Neurons in SchizophreniaTsung Ung W Woo; Fiscal Year: 2013..Findings of the proposed studies are expected to shed light on the conceptualization of treatment and prevention strategies that aim at fundamentally correcting the underlying neural circuit deficits. ..
- Redox regulation of phagocyte NOX2 in inflammation and agingRobert A Clark; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Amelioration of cisplatin ototoxicity by transplatinDebashree Mukherjea; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such a treatment could improve the quality of life of cancer patients who would otherwise face many years of poor communication because of hearing loss caused by cisplatin treatment. ..
- The Role of H6PDH and 11beta-HSD1 in Type 2 Diabetes and ObesityYanjun Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..endoplasmic reticulum (ER) lumen, hexose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (H6PDH) converts glucose-6-phosphate (G6P) and NADP to generate NADPH...
- Role of formyl peptide receptor variants in mucosal innate immune defenseHEINI MARITA MIETTINEN; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- NOX1 and NOX2 as Therapeutic Targets in InfluenzaJOHN DAVID LAMBETH; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- NADPH oxidase-associated transition from Barrett's esophagus to adenocarcinomaWeibiao Cao; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, NOX5-S may be a potential biomarker for early detection of esophageal dysplasia. Our model may also be applicable to other inflammation-associated cancers. ..
- NAD Metabolism and SignalingFrances E Lund; Fiscal Year: 2011..The vitamin B3-derived metabolite, nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD), and its related metabolites, NADH, NADP and NADPH, are best known as co-enzymes for hydride transfer enzymes that play central roles in cellular energy ..
- Novel treatment of menopausal hot flushes with an estradiol prodrugLaszlo Prokai; Fiscal Year: 2012..following its absorption its is converted in selective tissues to E1 via an enzyme catalyzed mechanism involving NADP(H). This conversion is effective in the brain but not in the uterus, breast, or the pituitary gland...
- Aldosterone, Autophagy, and Arterial StiffnessJane A Leopold; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Regulation of Cardiac Kv Channel ExpressionEdwin S Levitan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Elucidating this pathway and its downstream effects on channels and other cardiac targets may lead to new therapies for treating heart failure. ..
- Endothelium-Myocardium Interaction in Netrin-1 Induced CardioprotectionHUA LINDA CAI; Fiscal Year: 2013..Characterization of the CMEC-cardiomyocyte signaling axis may additionally provide novel insights into potential cell-based therapies. ..
- Functional roles of Nrf2 and NQO1 genetic variants in hyperoxic lung injury-ARDSBhagavatula Moorthy; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., use of PPI such as OM) for the prevention/treatment of ALI/ARDS in humans. ..
- ETS-1 and Vascular and Renal Injury in Salt Sensitive HypertensionEdgar A Jaimes; Fiscal Year: 2013..A better understanding of the mechanisms involved is critical in our efforts to develop novel strategies to prevent renal injury in hypertension, which would certainly result in improvements in morbidity and mortality in these patients. ..
- Balance of Angiotensin II/Angiotensin (1-1): A Target in Ischemic StrokeYanfang Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specific Aim 4 will investigate the role of ACE2/Ang (1-7)/Mas in counteracting ACE/Ang II/AT1 in the efficacy of EPCs transplantation for promoting repair after ischemic stroke. ..
- Arsenic co-carcinogenesis with UVR: nitrosation and oxidation of target proteinsKe Jian Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Additionally, these studies may lead to testable hypotheses regarding potential arsenic targets in cancer and other arsenic-associated diseases. ..
- The RAGE of COPDJohn R Hoidal; Fiscal Year: 2013..It will impact our ability to prevent or reduce the enormous medical burden caused by cigarette smoking. Nowhere is the need for new approaches with clinical application more important in pulmonary diseases than in COPD. ..
- Reperfusion and Neurovascular Injury in StrokePak H Chan; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Molecular Mechanism of Arterial StiffeningZhongjie Sun; Fiscal Year: 2013..Completion of the project may offer a new therapeutic approach for large artery stiffening and related cardiovascular disorders. The finding will benefit the US population which has a high prevalence of cardiovascular disease. ..
- ClC-3 Chloride Ion Channels in Vascular Smooth MuscleFred Lamb; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Role of lipoxygenase pathway in early microvascular dysfunction during diabetic rMOHAMED AL SAYED AL-SHABRAWEY; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- THE ROLE OF A-BETA SPECIES IN VASCULAR SMOOTH MUSCLE CELL AND CEREBRAL ARTERIOLEGregory J Zipfel; Fiscal Year: 2013..If successful, the results of the project may point to ways to develop effective treatments to prevent or reverse the memory problems of patients with Alzheimer's Disease in the future. ..
- Chemical approaches for studying the biology of CD38Hening Lin; Fiscal Year: 2013..adenine dinucleotide (NAD) to adenosine diphosphate ribose (ADPR) and cyclic ADPR (cADPR), and NAD phosphate (NADP) to nicotinic acid adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NAADP)...
- Molecular &Cellular Effects of Human Mutations in Cytochrome P450 ReductaseSatya Prakash Panda; Fiscal Year: 2013..Identification of new human polymorphisms will continue to determine possible downstream biomarkers of POR deficiency is a potential outcome. ..
- Dysregulation of the inflammatory response by Francisella tularensisLee Ann H Allen; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- ANGIOTENSINS, PROSTAGLANDINS-ADRENERGIC INTERACTIONSKafait U Malik; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Novel mechanisms of niacin to improve HDL function: Role of myeloperoxidaseMoti L Kashyap; Fiscal Year: 2013..3. Define cellular mechanism of action of niacin on: MPO-mediated oxidative modification of HDL- apoAI, formation of "dysfunctional HDL", and improvement in HDL's anti-atherogenic properties. ..
- Hypothermia, anesthesia and NMR metabolomics in ischemic neonatal brain slicesLawrence Litt; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Apple peel extract inhibits Cr(VI)-induced lung cancerZhuo Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this aim we will Investigate the protection of apple peel extract against Cr(VI)-induced inflammation, chronic oxidative lung injury, and cell proliferation using female BALB/c mice. ..
- Mechanisms of Reperfusion-induced Endothelial InjuryCuihua Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ENDOGENOUS MODULATION OF COCHLEAR INJURYLeonard P Rybak; Fiscal Year: 2012..Cisplatin causes hearing loss in a large percentage of cancer patients who receive this drug to cure their cancer. ..
- Plasticity of nTS output neurons in acute and chronic hypoxiaDAVID DOUGLAS KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2013..This will be done in a model of OSA with the expectation of understanding potential therapeutic interventions. ..
- ClC-3 ion transport modulates NADPH oxidase-dependent PMN priming by endotoxinJessica G Moreland; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Gene therapy to support cone metabolism in retinitis pigmentosaConstance L Cepko; Fiscal Year: 2013..If such therapies can be developed, it is also possible that these therapies can be extended to other diseases where cones are compromised, such as age-related macular degeneration (AMD). ..
- Modulation of insulin and glucagon secretion by GPCR ligandsTARA ASHLEY SCHWETZ; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- CNS INJURY AND EDEMA RESEARCH CENTERPak Chan; Fiscal Year: 2007..We believe these are novel studies that will provide insights into therapeutic opportunities to minimize oxidative stress-associated hemorrhagic transformation in patients who suffer acute ischemic stroke. ..
- PHYSICOCHEMICAL INVESTIGATION OF TASTEVijay Lyall; Fiscal Year: 2010..The research will reveal how the sour taste defense mechanism functions to prevent the ingestion of acids. ..
- Non-oxidative Resistance to A. fumigatus by Alveolar MacrophagesJames B Burritt; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long- term goal of this work is to identify molecular mechanisms that enable alveolar macrophages to kill the spore-like conidial form of A. fumigatus, so that natural immunity can be augmented in those at risk. ..
- REGULATION OF OXYGEN METABOLISM IN BLOOD NEUTROPHILSLINDA MCPHAIL; Fiscal Year: 2005..Similarly, we will identify the oxidase component(s) that bind(s) DG and assess the role of DG-binding in NADPH oxidase activation. These studies should provide new insights into the regulation of NADPH oxidase activation. ..
- Evolving Inproved Formate DehydrogenasesJAMES ROZZELL; Fiscal Year: 2005..Given the high cost of nicotinamide cofactors (current bulk prices are $1500/mole for NAD+; $5000/mole for NADP+), it is necessary to regenerate them using a suitable recycling system...
- Regulation of NADPH Oxidase by Angiotensin II-Role in Myometrial HypertrophyXiaolan Cui; Fiscal Year: 2007..Excessive generation of reactive oxygen species contributes to contractile failure, rigor and calcium overload. Thus we predict that the angiotensin II-NADPH oxidase-reactive oxygen species pathway plays a role in labor process as well. ..
- NADPH P450 REDUCTASE--THYROID HORMONE REGULATIONDavid Waxman; Fiscal Year: 2002....