Genomes and Genes
hepatitis b vaccines
Summary: Vaccines or candidate vaccines containing inactivated hepatitis B or some of its component antigens and designed to prevent hepatitis B. Some vaccines may be recombinantly produced.
Publications317 found, 100 shown here
- Failure to respond to hepatitis B vaccine in children with celiac diseaseSeung Dae Park
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, New Hyde Park, NY, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 44:431-5. 2007..To determine whether children with celiac disease (CD) fail to show a response to hepatitis B virus (HBV) vaccine more frequently than children without CD...
- Epidemiological serosurvey of hepatitis B in China--declining HBV prevalence due to hepatitis B vaccinationXiaofeng Liang
Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing, China
Vaccine 27:6550-7. 2009....
- Hepatitis B virus infection: epidemiology and vaccinationColin W Shepard
Epidemiology Branch, Division of Viral Hepatitis, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Epidemiol Rev 28:112-25. 2006....
- A mathematical model to estimate global hepatitis B disease burden and vaccination impactSusan T Goldstein
Division of Viral Hepatitis, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Int J Epidemiol 34:1329-39. 2005..Limited data are available regarding global hepatitis B virus (HBV)-related morbidity and mortality and potential reduction in disease burden from hepatitis B vaccination...
- Worldwide epidemiology of HBV infection, disease burden, and vaccine preventionD Lavanchy
World Health Organization, Department of Communicable Diseases Surveillance and Response, Geneva, Switzerland
J Clin Virol 34:S1-3. 2005....
- The worldwide impact of vaccination on the control and protection of viral hepatitis BLuisa Romano'
Dipartimento di Sanità Pubblica Microbiologia Virologia, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 43:S2-7. 2011..Despite this success, work remains to be done to fully achieve the WHO goal of control of hepatitis B and HBV-related diseases on a global scale...
- Elimination of hepatocellular carcinoma and acute hepatitis B in children 25 years after a hepatitis B newborn and catch-up immunization programBrian J McMahon
Liver Disease and Hepatitis Program, Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium, Anchorage, AK 99508, USA
Hepatology 54:801-7. 2011..The number of identified hepatitis B surface antigen-positive children <20 years in the Alaska Native population declined from 657 in 1987 to two in 2008...
- Hepatitis B vaccines: protective efficacy and therapeutic potentialM L Michel
Laboratoire de pathogenèse des virus de l hépatite B, Institut Pasteur, Batiment Lwoff, 28, rue du Docteur Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 58:288-95. 2010..Vaccination is the measure that is most effective in reducing the global incidence of hepatitis B and hepatitis B vaccines have now been available for over 20 years...
- The global impact of vaccination against hepatitis B: a historical overviewAlessandro R Zanetti
Department of Public Health Microbiology Virology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Milan, Via C Pascal 36, 20133 Milan, Italy
Vaccine 26:6266-73. 2008..A future challenge is to overcome the social and economic hurdles which still hamper the introduction of hepatitis B vaccination on a global scale...
- Two decades of universal hepatitis B vaccination in taiwan: impact and implication for future strategiesYen Hsuan Ni
Department of Pediatrics, Hospital and College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Genomics Research Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Gastroenterology 132:1287-93. 2007....
- Recommendations for identification and public health management of persons with chronic hepatitis B virus infectionCindy M Weinbaum
Division of Viral Hepatitis, National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, MS G 37, Atlanta GA 30333, USA
MMWR Recomm Rep 57:1-20. 2008..This report is intended to serve as a resource for public health officials, organizations, and health-care professionals involved in the development, delivery, and evaluation of prevention and clinical services...
- Decreased incidence of hepatocellular carcinoma in hepatitis B vaccinees: a 20-year follow-up studyMei Hwei Chang
Department of Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital, Chung Shan S Road, Taipei, Taiwan
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:1348-55. 2009....
- Evaluation of the impact of hepatitis B vaccination among children born during 1992-2005 in ChinaXiaofeng Liang
Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing, China
J Infect Dis 200:39-47. 2009..Endemic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection is a serious health problem in China. Hepatitis B vaccination of infants was introduced in 1992 and was progressively expanded during the subsequent 15 years...
- Hepatitis B vaccinesDaniel Shouval
Hadassah Medical Organization, Hadassah University Hospital, 91120 Jerusalem, Israel
J Hepatol 39:S70-6. 2003Yeast-derived hepatitis B vaccines, containing the small HBV envelope protein SHBAg, are immunogenic, safe and cost-effective in prevention of hepatitis B virus infection in neonates, children and adults...
- Effect of hepatitis B immunisation in newborn infants of mothers positive for hepatitis B surface antigen: systematic review and meta-analysisChuanfang Lee
Cochrane Hepato Biliary Group, Copenhagen Trial Unit, Copenhagen University Hospital, Denmark
BMJ 332:328-36. 2006..To evaluate the effects of hepatitis B vaccine and immunoglobulin in newborn infants of mothers positive for hepatitis B surface antigen...
- Antibody levels and protection after hepatitis B vaccine: results of a 22-year follow-up study and response to a booster doseBrian J McMahon
Liver Disease and Hepatitis Program, Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium, Anchorage, Alaska, USA
J Infect Dis 200:1390-6. 2009..The duration of protection in children and adults (including health care workers) resulting from the hepatitis B vaccine primary series is unknown...
- A comprehensive immunization strategy to eliminate transmission of hepatitis B virus infection in the United States: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) Part II: immunization of adultsEric E Mast
Division of Viral Hepatitis, National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention proposed, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
MMWR Recomm Rep 55:1-33; quiz CE1-4. 2006....
- Impacts of vaccination on hepatitis B viral infections in Korea over a 25-year periodNeung Hwa Park
Department of Internal Medicine and Biomedical Research Center, Ulsan University Hospital, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Ulsan, Korea
Intervirology 53:20-8. 2010..Hepatitis B virus (HBV) vaccination has effectively reduced the acute and chronic infection rates in recent years. Since 1983, HBV vaccination has been recommended for all neonates in Korea...
- Lamivudine in late pregnancy to prevent perinatal transmission of hepatitis B virus infection: a multicentre, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyW M Xu
Shanghai Infectious Disease Hospital, Shanghai, China
J Viral Hepat 16:94-103. 2009..Results of this study suggest that lamivudine reduced HBV transmission from highly viraemic mothers to their infants who received passive/active immunization...
- The prevalence of hepatitis B virus infection in the United States in the era of vaccinationAnnemarie Wasley
National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 202:192-201. 2010..Our objective was to assess trends in the prevalence of hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection in the United States after widespread hepatitis B vaccination...
- Current status of liver diseases in Korea: hepatitis BHee Bok Chae
Department of Internal Medicine, Chungbuk National Unviersity College of Medicine, Cheongju, Korea
Korean J Hepatol 15:S13-24. 2009..2% after the nationwide vaccination program. Although hepatitis B vaccines are highly effective, the failure rate of perinatal prophylaxis in babies born to HBsAg positive mother was ..
- The 10-valent pneumococcal non-typeable Haemophilus influenzae protein D conjugate vaccine (PHiD-CV) coadministered with DTPw-HBV/Hib and poliovirus vaccines: assessment of immunogenicityNancy Bermal
Research Institute for Tropical Medicine, Filinvest Corporate City, Alabang, Muntinlupa City, The Philippines
Pediatr Infect Dis J 28:S89-96. 2009....
- Epidemiology and prevention of hepatitis B virus infection in ChinaF M Lu
Department of Microbiology, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
J Viral Hepat 17:4-9. 2010..More efforts are needed to improve and develop strategies for the control of HBV infection in China, particularly after implementing the policy of universal HBV immunization for all newborns...
- DNA prime-adenovirus boost immunization induces a vigorous and multifunctional T-cell response against hepadnaviral proteins in the mouse and woodchuck modelAnna D Kosinska
Institute of Virology, University Hospital of Essen, Essen, Germany
J Virol 86:9297-310. 2012..Therefore, this new vaccination strategy may be a candidate for a therapeutic vaccine against chronic HBV infection...
- Hepatitis B vaccine responses in a large U.S. military cohort of HIV-infected individuals: another benefit of HAART in those with preserved CD4 countMichael L Landrum
Infectious Disease Clinical Research Program, Uniformed Services University, Bethesda, MD, USA
Vaccine 27:4731-8. 2009..These data provide additional evidence of HAART benefits, even in those with higher CD4 counts, but also highlight the need for improving HBV vaccine immunogenicity...
- Increased regulatory T cell counts in HIV-infected nonresponders to hepatitis B virus vaccineMaria Del Mar Del Pozo Balado
Immunovirology Laboratory, Infectious Diseases Service, Clinical Biochemistry Service, Institute of Biomedicine of Seville IBIS, Virgen del Rocio University Hospital, Seville, Spain
J Infect Dis 202:362-9. 2010..These findings suggest an active role played by T(reg) cells on the immunization antigen-specific T and/or B cell responses with the final consequence of a B cell anti-HBs lower production...
- Physicochemical and immunological characterization of hepatitis B virus envelope particles exclusively consisting of the entire L (pre-S1 + pre-S2 + S) proteinT Yamada
Department of Structural Molecular Biology, Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research SANKEN, Osaka University, 8 1 Mihogaoka, 567 0047, Ibaraki, Japan
Vaccine 19:3154-63. 2001..These results show the high ability of L particles to induce all antibodies against HBV env proteins, hence promising the future application of L particles for the next generation HB vaccine...
- HLA and cytokine gene polymorphisms are independently associated with responses to hepatitis B vaccinationChengbin Wang
Department of Epidemiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Hepatology 39:978-88. 2004..In conclusion, DRB1*07 (or a closely linked allele) and immunoregulatory cytokine gene polymorphisms correlate with variable immune response to recombinant HBV vaccines...
- Prevalence of HBV and HBV vaccination coverage in health care workers of tertiary hospitals of Peshawar, PakistanSobia Attaullah
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Khyber Medical University Peshawar, Pakistan
Virol J 8:275. 2011..Hepatitis B vaccination coverage level and main barriers to vaccination were also taken in account...
- Vaccination against hepatitis B among prisoners in Iran: accelerated vs. classic vaccinationAli Asghar Zolghadr Asli
Islamic Azad University, Istahban Branch, Istahban, Iran
Health Policy 100:297-304. 2011..In this randomized clinical trial we investigated the efficacy of an accelerated vaccination protocol vs. classic schedule among prisoners in Iran...
- N-terminal myristoylation-dependent masking of neutralizing epitopes in the preS1 attachment site of hepatitis B virusCorinna M Bremer
Institute of Medical Virology, Justus Liebig University, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
J Hepatol 55:29-37. 2011..Its B-cell epitopes leading to neutralization of infectivity are not yet characterized...
- Hepatitis B in healthcare workers: prevalence, vaccination and relation to occupational factorsLuiz A S Ciorlia
Epidemiology and Public Health Department, Medical School of São José do Rio Preto, Rua Santo Agostinho 281, Sao Jose do Rio Preto, SP, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 9:384-9. 2005..There was a higher seroconversion in HCW who received the full set of HBV vaccines. In HCW with positive serology, the factors that presented greatest risks were time in service, work-related injuries and maximum risk sector...
- A comprehensive immunization strategy to eliminate transmission of hepatitis B virus infection in the United States: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) part 1: immunization of infants, children, and adolescentsEric E Mast
Division of Viral Hepatitis, National Center for Infectious Diseases, USA
MMWR Recomm Rep 54:1-31. 2005..The second part of the ACIP statement, which will include updated recommendations and strategies to increase hepatitis B vaccination of adults, will be published separately...
- Effectiveness of hepatitis B vaccination in babies born to hepatitis B surface antigen-positive mothers in ItalyA Mele
Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
J Infect Dis 184:905-8. 2001..There is no evidence that the emergence of HBV escape mutants secondary to the immune pressure against wild-type HBV is of concern...
- Evidence of protection against clinical and chronic hepatitis B infection 20 years after infant vaccination in a high endemicity regionY Poovorawan
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Center of Excellence in Clinical Virology, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Viral Hepat 18:369-75. 2011..Primary infant vaccination with a recombinant hepatitis B vaccine confers long-term protection against clinical disease and new chronic hepatitis B infection despite confirmed hepatitis B exposure...
- Hepatitis B and the need for a booster doseElke Leuridan
Centre for the Evaluation of Vaccination, Vaccine and Infectious Disease Institute, Faculty of Medicine, University of Antwerp, Edegem, Belgium
Clin Infect Dis 53:68-75. 2011..However, a booster dose should be planned for immunocompromised patients, based on serological monitoring...
- Persistence of antibodies and immune memory to hepatitis B vaccine 20 years after infant vaccination in ThailandYong Poovorawan
Center of Excellence in Clinical Virology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Vaccine 28:730-6. 2010..Higher persisting seroprotection rates in subjects boosted at Year 5 did not translate into apparent differences in immune memory in a high endemic country...
- Meta-analysis: the effect of age on immunological response to hepatitis B vaccine in end-stage renal diseaseF Fabrizi
Center for Liver and Kidney Diseases and Transplantation, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 20:1053-62. 2004..Age-associated changes in immune status may contribute to decreased vaccine efficacy in older individuals although contradictory results have been reported in individuals with normal kidney function...
- Molecular analysis of HLA class II associations with hepatitis B virus clearance and vaccine nonresponsivenessAndrew Godkin
Cellular Immunology and Vaccine Development Group, Nuffield Department of Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
Hepatology 41:1383-90. 2005....
- Peripheral blood dendritic cells and GM-CSF as an adjuvant for hepatitis B vaccination in hemodialysis patientsMartijn A Verkade
Erasmus Medical Center, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Dijkzigt Rottterdam, The Netherlands
Kidney Int 66:614-21. 2004..Although GM-CSF acts on both monocytes and dendritic cells, the mechanisms underlying its adjuvant quality are largely unknown...
- Vaccination against hepatitis B: the Chinese experienceYi Hua Zhou
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Nanjing Drum Tower Hospital, Nanjing University Medical School, Jiangsu, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:98-102. 2009..To review the implementation of mass vaccination of hepatitis B vaccine and its critical role in prevention of hepatitis B virus infection in China...
- Seroprevalence of hepatitis B surface antigen among pregnant women in Jiangsu, China, 17 years after introduction of hepatitis B vaccineShu Zhang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nanjing Drum Tower Hospital, Nanjing University Medical School, China
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 109:194-7. 2010..To estimate the prevalence of hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) among pregnant women in Jiangsu Province, eastern China, 17years after vaccination against hepatitis B virus (HBV) was introduced...
- Survey of HBsAg-positive pregnant women and their infants regarding measures to prevent maternal-infantile transmissionYan Guo
The Department of Maternal and Child Health, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 430030, China
BMC Infect Dis 10:26. 2010..31th, 2006 in Wuhan City, China. We investigated the measures taken to prevent maternal-infantile transmission of hepatitis B virus and the infection status of children...
- Immunization with the gene expressing woodchuck hepatitis virus nucleocapsid protein fused to cytotoxic-T-lymphocyte-associated antigen 4 leads to enhanced specific immune responses in mice and woodchucksMengji Lu
Institut fur Virologie, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, Essen D 45122, Germany
J Virol 79:6368-76. 2005..In conclusion, the use of fusion genes represents a generally applicable strategy to improve DNA vaccination...
- Clinical practice: prevention of hepatitis B with the hepatitis B vaccineGregory A Poland
Mayo Vaccine Research Group, Program in Translational Immunovirology and Biodefense, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2832-8. 2004
- Waning immunity to plasma-derived hepatitis B vaccine and the need for boosters 15 years after neonatal vaccinationChun Yi Lu
Department of Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Hepatology 40:1415-20. 2004..In conclusion, our findings suggest that one or more booster immunizations are needed in seronegative subjects by at least 15 years following neonatal immunization with plasma-derived HB vaccine...
- Evaluation of the safety and immunogenicity of the RTS,S/AS01E malaria candidate vaccine when integrated in the expanded program of immunizationSelidji T Agnandji
Albert Schweitzer Hospital, Medical Research Unit Lambaréné, Lambarene, Gabon
J Infect Dis 202:1076-87. 2010..The RTS,S/AS01(E) malaria candidate vaccine is being developed for immunization of African infants through the Expanded Program of Immunization (EPI)...
- Hepatitis B virus infection in children and adolescents in a hyperendemic area: 15 years after mass hepatitis B vaccinationY H Ni
National Taiwan University Hospital, 7 Chung-Shan South Road, Taipei 100, Taiwan
Ann Intern Med 135:796-800. 2001..By decreasing the carrier pool, continuation of the national HBV immunization program should prevent HBV infection in the children of Taiwan, and, subsequently, adults as well...
- Host genetic factors and vaccine-induced immunity to hepatitis B virus infectionBranwen J Hennig
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 3:e1898. 2008..We investigated the role of host genetic factors in long-term immunity against HBV infection based on peak anti-HBs level and seroconversion to anti-HBc...
- Immunogenicity of a novel, bivalent, plant-based oral vaccine against hepatitis B and human immunodeficiency virusesSergei N Shchelkunov
State Research Center of Virology and Biotechnology Vector, Koltsovo, Novosibirsk Region, 630559, Russia
Biotechnol Lett 28:959-67. 2006..Intraperitoneal injection of a DNA vaccine directing synthesis of the same TBI-HBsAg antigen boosted the antibody response to HIV in the blood serum; however, it had no effect on the high level of antibodies produced to HBV...
- Long-term immunogenicity and efficacy of universal hepatitis B virus vaccination in TaiwanYu Cheng Lin
Department of Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital and National Taiwan University, College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
J Infect Dis 187:134-8. 2003..The results suggest that routine booster vaccination may not be required to provide protection against chronic HBV infection before age 15 years...
- Comparative immunogenicity of a PreS/S hepatitis B vaccine in non- and low responders to conventional vaccinePamela Rendi-Wagner
Department of Specific Prophylaxis and Tropical Medicine, Medical University Vienna, Kinderspitalgasse 15, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Vaccine 24:2781-9. 2006Conventional hepatitis B vaccines do not elicit adequate antibody production in 5-10% vaccinees...
- Prevalence of chronic hepatitis B and incidence of acute hepatitis B infection in human immunodeficiency virus-infected subjectsScott E Kellerman
Surveillance Branch, Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Surveillance and Epidemiology, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30306, USA
J Infect Dis 188:571-7. 2003..HBV remains an important cause of comorbidity in HIV-infected persons, but ART and vaccination are associated with decreased disease...
- Immunogenicity of the 10-valent pneumococcal non-typeable Haemophilus influenzae protein D conjugate vaccine (PHiD-CV) when coadministered with different neisseria meningitidis serogroup C conjugate vaccinesJacek Wysocki
University School of Medical Sciences and Regional Medical Center for Mother and Child, Poznan, Poland
Pediatr Infect Dis J 28:S77-88. 2009....
- Antibody levels and protection after hepatitis B vaccination: results of a 15-year follow-upBrian J McMahon
Arctic Investigations Program, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Alaska Native Medical Center, Anchorage, Alaska 99508, USA
Ann Intern Med 142:333-41. 2005..The duration of protection afforded by hepatitis B vaccination is unknown...
- Nationwide hepatitis B vaccination program in Taiwan: effectiveness in the 20 years after it was launchedYin Chu Chien
Graduate Institute of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Epidemiol Rev 28:126-35. 2006..In conclusion, since 1984, the national hepatitis B vaccination program has been successful in preventing acute and chronic liver diseases in Taiwan...
- Hepatitis B vaccination in children: the Taiwan experienceY H Ni
Department of Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Children s Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Pathol Biol (Paris) 58:296-300. 2010..The emergence of escape mutant did not impose increased risk of chronic infection at present. Nevertheless, development of new vaccines may overcome the vaccine failure...
- Safety and reactogenicity of the 10-valent pneumococcal non-typeable Haemophilus influenzae protein D conjugate vaccine (PHiD-CV) when coadministered with routine childhood vaccinesBertrand Chevallier
Service de Pediatrie, Hopital Louis Mourier, Colombes, France
Pediatr Infect Dis J 28:S109-18. 2009....
- Adult immunizations: update on recommendationsHuan Pham
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Mississippi School of Medicine, Jackson, USA
Am J Med 124:698-701. 2011..Hepatitis B vaccination should be encouraged in non-immune adults. Recommendations also address vaccinations for tetanus/diphtheria, hepatitis A, pneumococcus, measles/mumps/rubella, and meningococcus...
- Cancer in the Gambia: 1988-97E Bah
International Agency for Research on Cancer, c o The Gambia Hepatitis Intervention Study, MRC Laboratories, Fajara PO Box 273, Banjul, The Gambia
Br J Cancer 84:1207-14. 2001..It is hoped that immunization of children under 1 year against hepatitis B will drastically reduce the incidence of liver cancer in The Gambia...
- Long-term efficacy of plasma-derived hepatitis B vaccine: a 15-year follow-up study among Chinese childrenS S Liao
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Vaccine 17:2661-6. 1999..02). 28 chronic HBsAg carriers were identified in the control cohort over the 15 years, whereas only 1 case was noted in the vaccinated group (8.2% vs. 0.3%, P < 0.00001), corresponding to an efficacy of 96%...
- Hepatitis B vaccination among a national sample of gay and bisexual menPaul L Reiter
UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Sex Transm Dis 38:235-8. 2011..Hepatitis B virus vaccination was higher among men who were 18 to 29 years old (compared to those 50-59 years old), gay, or had received flu vaccine within the last year...
- Hydrogel-delivered GM-CSF overcomes nonresponsiveness to hepatitis B vaccine through the recruitment and activation of dendritic cellsHo Yuan Chou
Graduate Institute of Microbiology, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Immunol 185:5468-75. 2010..These results demonstrate that hydrogel-formulated GM-CSF might represent a simple and effective method to generate next-generation hepatitis B virus vaccines for inducing anti-hepatitis B surface Abs in nonresponders...
- Safety and immunogenicity of a booster dose of the 10-valent pneumococcal nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae protein D conjugate vaccine coadministered with DTPw-HBV/Hib and poliovirus vaccinesNancy Bermal
Research Institute for Tropical Medicine, Filinvest Corporate City, Alabang, Muntinlupa City, Philippines
Pediatr Infect Dis J 30:69-72. 2011..Robust immune responses for all 10 vaccine pneumococcal serotypes and protein D following PHiD-CV booster vaccination were indicative of effective priming...
- Frequency of hepatitis B immunity and occupational exposures to body fluids among Brazilian medical students at a public universityLuiz Carlos Marques de Oliveira
Departamento de Clinica Medica, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Uberlandia, Uberlandia, MG, Brasil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 52:247-52. 2010....
- Low-dose oral immunization with lyophilized tissue of herbicide-resistant lettuce expressing hepatitis B surface antigen for prototype plant-derived vaccine tablet formulationTomasz Pniewski
Institute of Plant Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Strzeszynska 34, 60 479, Poznan, Poland
J Appl Genet 52:125-36. 2011..The results of the study provide indications on immunization methodology using a durable, efficacious, and convenient plant-derived prototype oral vaccine against hepatitis B...
- Hepatitis B vaccines: assessment of the seroprotective efficacy of two recombinant DNA vaccinesT Coates
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woodville, South Australia
Clin Ther 23:392-403. 2001..OBJECTIVE: This parallel analysis of 2 recombinant hepatitis B vaccines (Engerix B and Recombivax/HB-Vax II) was conducted to review the seroprotective efficacy of each vaccine in ..
- The first five years of universal hepatitis B vaccination in South Africa: evidence for elimination of HBsAg carriage in under 5-year-oldsK V Tsebe
Department of Virology, Medical University of Southern Africa, Pretoria, 0204 Gauteng Province, South Africa
Vaccine 19:3919-26. 2001..It can be concluded that the HBV vaccine is highly effective within the framework of the South African EPI and already shows a positive impact in the elimination of HBsAg carrier rate in children<5 years...
- High prevalence of occult hepatitis B virus infection in children born to HBsAg-positive mothers despite prophylaxis with hepatitis B vaccination and HBIGSajad Shahmoradi
Hepatitis B Molecular Laboratory, Department of Virology, School of Public Health, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Hepatol 57:515-21. 2012..We aimed at determining the prevalence of occult HBV infection in a high risk group of children who developed HBV infection despite immunoprophylaxis...
- No increase in prevalence of hepatitis B surface antigen mutant in a population of children and adolescents who were fully covered by universal infant immunizationHong Yuan Hsu
Department of Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
J Infect Dis 201:1192-200. 2010..Mutants of the a determinant of hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) can escape neutralization by vaccine-induced antibodies and prevail in an immunized population...
- Vaccination against hepatitis B with 4-double doses increases response rates and antibodies titers in HIV-infected adultsD V Potsch
HUCFF FM Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Vaccine 30:5973-7. 2012..Antibody responses to standard regimens of hepatitis B (HBV) vaccination are lower in HIV-infected subjects and the best hepatitis B vaccine schedule in this population is not known...
- Efficacy of yeast-derived recombinant hepatitis B vaccine after being used for 12 years in highly endemic areas in ChinaLiping Shen
Institute for Viral Disease Control and Prevention, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing 102206, China
Vaccine 30:6623-7. 2012..To evaluate the long-term efficacy and duration of yeast-derived recombinant hepatitis B vaccine in hepatitis B virus (HBV)-endemic areas...
- Determinants of Long-term protection after hepatitis B vaccination in infancy: a meta-analysisKatharina Schönberger
Institute of Social Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Division of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Germany
Pediatr Infect Dis J 32:307-13. 2013..Factors potentially influencing waning immunity were assessed...
- Hepatitis B immunisation programmes in European Union, Norway and Iceland: where we were in 2009?Jolita Mereckiene
Health Protection Surveillance Centre, Dublin, Ireland Vaccine European New Integrated Collaboration Effort VENICE Project, Italy
Vaccine 28:4470-7. 2010..Among countries without universal hepatitis B vaccination programmes, the major factor for non-introduction is low disease endemicity...
- Risk of hepatitis B transmission in breast-fed infants of chronic hepatitis B carriersJames B Hill
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75235 9032, USA
Obstet Gynecol 99:1049-52. 2002..To measure the rate of hepatitis B (HBV) transmission from chronic HBV carriers to breast-fed infants after immunoprophylaxis...
- Immunogenicity, reactogenicity and safety of the 10-valent pneumococcal nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae protein D conjugate vaccine (PHiD-CV) in Mexican infantsGuillermo M Ruiz-Palacios
Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Tlalpan, Mexico
Hum Vaccin 7:1137-45. 2011..PHiD-CV was well tolerated, with no serious adverse events considered as causally related to vaccination. Most solicited symptoms were mild and there was no increase in incidence of solicited symptoms with successive vaccine doses...
- Accelerated hepatitis B vaccination schedule among drug users: a randomized controlled trialLu Yu Hwang
Center for Infectious Diseases, Division of Epidemiology and Disease Control, School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Infect Dis 202:1500-9. 2010..Hepatitis B vaccine provides a model for improving uptake and completion of multidose vaccinations in the drug-using community...
- The long-term immunity among health care workers vaccinated against hepatitis B virus in a large referral hospital in southern IranMehdi Saberifiroozi
Gastroenterohepatology Research Center, Nemazee Hospital, Shiraz, Iran
Arch Iran Med 9:204-7. 2006..This study was conducted to evaluate the long-term efficacy of HBV vaccine in health care workers and the need for their reassessment for revaccination...
- Evaluation of the compliance with the protocol for preventing perinatal hepatitis B infection in ItalyEnea Spada
National Centre of Epidemiology, Surveillance and Health Promotion, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
J Infect 62:165-71. 2011..To evaluate the compliance with the protocol for preventing perinatal hepatitis B infection in Italy, including HBsAg screening of pregnant women and immunization of newborns to infected mothers...
- Long-term benefit of hepatitis B vaccination among children in Thailand with transient hepatitis B virus infection who were born to hepatitis B surface antigen-positive mothersYong Poovorawan
Center of Excellence in Clinical Virology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
J Infect Dis 200:33-8. 2009..Transmission of hepatitis B virus (HBV) from carrier mothers to their babies appears to be one of the most important factors influencing the prevalence of chronic HBV infection in areas of high hepatitis B endemicity...
- Mother-to-infant transmission of hepatitis B virus: a Chinese experienceZhong jun Shao
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
J Med Virol 83:791-5. 2011..These results indicate that infants infected via intrauterine transmission cannot be effectively protected by HBIG and HB vaccine...
- Real time monitoring of antigenicity development of HBsAg virus-like particles (VLPs) during heat- and redox-treatmentQinjian Zhao
Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 408:447-53. 2011....
- Hepatitis B vaccination and risk of hepatitis B infection in HIV-infected individualsMichael L Landrum
San Antonio Military Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234, USA
AIDS 24:545-55. 2010..To assess the association of hepatitis B virus (HBV) vaccination with risk of HBV infection among HIV-infected patients and HBV infection risk factors among vaccinees...
- Recombinant hepatitis B core antigen carrying preS1 epitopes induce immune response against chronic HBV infectionXinchun Chen
Shenzhen Institute of Hepatology, 2019 Buxin Road, Shenzhen 518020, PR China
Vaccine 22:439-46. 2004..HBVCS1 vaccination reduced of the titer of HBsAg and HBV DNA in sera of HBV-Tg mice. These results indicate that HBVCS1 may have potential as a therapeutic vaccine for treatment of HBV chronic infection...
- In-depth process understanding of RECOMBIVAX HB® maturation and potential epitope improvements with redox treatment: multifaceted biochemical and immunochemical characterizationQinjian Zhao
Merck Research Laboratories, Merck and Co, Inc, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Vaccine 29:7936-41. 2011..Taken together, these quantitative analytical tools enable more rapid, in-depth, and comprehensive process monitoring, process optimization, and assessment of product consistency and stability...
- Evaluation of the compliance with recommended procedures in newborns exposed to HBsAg-positive mothers: a multicenter collaborative studyUlrich Heininger
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, University Children s Hospital Basel, Switzerland
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:248-50. 2010..The purpose of this study was to determine the compliance with official recommendations for prevention of perinatal HBV transmission in hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) exposed infants...
- A new adjuvant improves the immune response to hepatitis B vaccine in hemodialysis patientsN C T Kong
1Nephroloyg Dialysis Unit, Department of Medicine, National University Hospital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Kidney Int 73:856-62. 2008..patients are at an increased risk of hepatitis B infection and have an impaired immune response to hepatitis B vaccines. We evaluated the immune response to the new adjuvant of hepatitis B vaccine AS04 (HBV-AS04) in this ..
- Increased risk of developing chronic HBV infection in infants born to chronically HBV infected mothers as a result of delayed second dose of hepatitis B vaccinationPiyanit Tharmaphornpilas
Immunization Program, Bureau of General Communicable Diseases, Department of Disease Control, Ministry of Public Health, Nonthaburi, Thailand
Vaccine 27:6110-5. 2009..Nevertheless, due to the small sample size, these findings should be verified by larger studies...
- Impact of hepatitis B vaccination in children born to HBsAg-positive mothers: a 20-year retrospective studyL Bracciale
Department of Molecular Biology, Infectious Diseases Clinic, Siena University, Siena, Italy
Infection 37:340-3. 2009..Preventive measures remain the best approach to control the spread of hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection...
- Quantitative analysis of HBV DNA level and HBeAg titer in hepatitis B surface antigen positive mothers and their babies: HBeAg passage through the placenta and the rate of decay in babiesZhanhui Wang
Department of Infectious Disease, Nanfang Hospital, The First Medical College of PLA, Guangzhou 510 515, China
J Med Virol 71:360-6. 2003..HBV DNA levels in hepatitis B carrier mothers are associated with the failure of HBIG and vaccine immunization, and the additional influence of transmitted HBeAg cannot be excluded...
- European survey of hepatitis B vaccination policies for healthcare workersAntoon De Schryver
Department of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Eur J Public Health 21:338-43. 2011..Immunization should happen early after the start of their career to avoid infection and development of carrier status...
- The nonresponse to hepatitis B vaccination is associated with impaired lymphocyte activationLoredana Goncalves
Institute of Clinical Immunology, University of Los Andes, Merida, Venezuela
Virology 326:20-8. 2004..In conclusion, our results suggest that an altered Th response may be a consequence of inappropriate early activation events...
- The Young Men's Survey phase II: hepatitis B immunization and infection among young men who have sex with menCindy M Weinbaum
Office of Communications, NCHHSTP, Mailstop E 06, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 16000 Clifton Road, Atlanta GA 30333, USA
Am J Public Health 98:839-45. 2008..We measured the prevalence of hepatitis B virus (HBV) immunization and HBV infection among men aged 23 to 29 years who have sex with men...
- Vaccination against hepatitis B in health care workersP Bonanni
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, University of Florence, Viale G B Morgagni 48, 50134, Florence, Italy
Vaccine 19:2389-94. 2001..In the mean time, coverage with standard vaccines should be improved also by supplying complete information on the risks of hepatitis B and on the safety and efficacy of active immunisation...
- Toll-like receptors and cytokines/cytokine receptors polymorphisms associate with non-response to hepatitis B vaccineJie Chen
Department of Microbiology, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100191, China
Vaccine 29:706-11. 2011..035). Thus, specific SNPs in genes of cytokines/cytokine receptors and TLR2 were associated with status of the hepatitis B vaccine-induced protective humoral immune response...
- A multi-center controlled study of rapid hepatitis B vaccination using a novel triple antigen recombinant vaccineM D Young
Medeva Group Development, 1265 Drummers Lane, Suite 300, Wayne, PA 19087, USA
Vaccine 19:3437-43. 2001b>Hepatitis B vaccines have been available for 20 years, however, the disease still remains a global problem...
- Influence of cytokine gene variations on immunization to childhood vaccinesBerran Yucesoy
Toxicology and Molecular Biology Branch, CDC NIOSH, Morgantown, WV 26505 2888, United States
Vaccine 27:6991-7. 2009..05). These data suggest that genetic variations in cytokine genes can influence vaccine-induced immune responses in infants, which in turn may influence vaccine efficacy...
- 20 years into the Gambia Hepatitis Intervention Study: assessment of initial hypotheses and prospects for evaluation of protective effectiveness against liver cancerSimonetta Viviani
IARC, 150 cours Albert Thomas, 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:3216-23. 2008....
- Knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors of Chinese hepatitis B screening and vaccinationGrace X Ma
Department of Public Health, Director of Center for Asian Health, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122 0843, USA
Am J Health Behav 32:178-87. 2008..To measure the knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors of Hepatitis B (HBV) screening and vaccination in the Chinese American population...
- Factors relating to acceptance of hepatitis B virus vaccination by nursing students in a tertiary hospital, PakistanHafeez ur Rehman Mengal
Bolan Medical College, Brewery Road, Balochistan, Quetta, Pakistan
J Health Popul Nutr 26:46-53. 2008..Health institutions should allocate adequate budgets to vaccinate their nursing students. Effective intervention programmes designed to increase knowledge about HBV infection and adhering to universally-accepted precautions are needed...
- Cancer control activities in the Republic of KoreaKeun Young Yoo
National Cancer Center, 111 Jungbalsan ro, Ilsandong gu, Goyang si, Gyeonggi do 410 769, Republic of Korea
Jpn J Clin Oncol 38:327-33. 2008....
- Natural History and Prevention of Viral Hepatitis Among Alaska NativesBRIAN JAMES MCMAHON; Fiscal Year: 2013..health issues by determining the further duration of vaccine protection afforded by both hepatitis A and hepatitis B vaccines in children and adults in well-established longitudinal cohorts...
- Modeling distinct neonatal purine metabolism to inform vaccine developmentOfer Levy; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies will provide insight into neonatal immunity, establish novel platforms for studying immune ontogeny, assess Ado-refractory adjuvants, and inform neonatal vaccine development. ..
- NATURAL HISTORY PREVENTION OF VIRAL HEPATITIS IN ALASKA NATIVE PEOPLEBRIAN JAMES MCMAHON; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- An Orally Delivered Hepatitis B VaccineJohn Howard; Fiscal Year: 2009..The technology should be applicable to other diseases as well. Preliminary research with hepatitis B vaccines candidates has demonstrated expression in maize and the ability to elicit an antibody response in mice...
- Stellenbosch University Clinical Trial Unit, Cape Town, South AfricaMARK FREDRIC COTTON; Fiscal Year: 2013..James Mclntyre, Perinatal HIV Research Unit ACTG, Witwatersrand University. Though this co-mentoring partnership, the AIDs CRS is expected to be able to enroll subjects within six months of funding. ADMINISTRATIVE COMPONENT: ..
- Towards a Vaccine for the Common ColdTHOMAS JAMES SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2010..If successful, the methods developed here will also yield a rapid way to identify potential, conserved, vaccine targets for other antigenically diverse viruses as well. ..
- Plant-Derived hepatitis B Vaccine from Biomanufacturing System to Clinical TrialRobert Britt; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Systems Analysis Vaccine Responses in Healthy and Hyporesponsive HumansAnna Karolina Palucka; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Stability and functionality of the Immunoject single-dose, auto-reconstitution deBrian Quinn; Fiscal Year: 2010..Key to Immunoject's potential is the innovative formulation of active ingredients as thermally stable and rapidly dissolving dry powders. ..
- A new, rapidly dissolving and thermally stable dry powder Hepatitis-B vaccineSTEPHEN P CAPE; Fiscal Year: 2013..The outcome of the Phase II work will be judged based on the potency of the Hep-B dry powder formulation and the functionality and performance of the BD device as compared with the potency of the needle and syringe administration. ..
- PREPARATION FOR AIDS/HIV VACCINE EVALUATIONSSusan Allen; Fiscal Year: 1993..WHO will ensure the coordination of government and international groups involved in future AIDS/HIV vaccine trials in Rwanda...
- RANDOMIZED HEPATITIS B VACCINE DELIVERY TRIAL FOR IDUSKaren Seal; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- INTERNATIONAL VACCINE PROGRAMJean Pape; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- HEPATITIS B VACCINE ACCEPTANCE AMONG STD PATIENTSGregory Zimet; Fiscal Year: 1999..The importance of vaccine characteristics in influencing vaccine choice will be evaluated with conjoint analysis, a technique often used in marketing research. ..
- VITAMIN A THERAPY IN PRETERM INFANTS: VACCINE RESPONSEMark Ballow; Fiscal Year: 2002..These factors could lead to decreased morbidity and mortality of pre-term infants during early postnatal life. ..
- BIODEGRADABLE MINERAL MICROSPHERE ADJUVANTS FOR VACCINESELIE NUWAYSER; Fiscal Year: 1999..needed to potentiate the immune response to hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg), the active constituent of hepatitis B vaccines, has been demonstrated utilizing BIOTEK s novel mineral microspheres...
- The Psychoneuroimmunology of Insomnia: Response to a Vaccine ChallengeWILFRED PIGEON; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Innovative Single-Dose Hepatitis B Vaccine FormulationJ Kitchell; Fiscal Year: 2002..One important application in the future may be with an AIDS vaccine, where relaible single-dose protection for high risk populations may be especially important. ..
- Cutaneous Gene Therapy with Ultrasound: DNA VaccinationSamir Mitragotri; Fiscal Year: 2006..3. Using an in vitro model, Epiderm, and in vivo mouse model, assess safety of skin exposure to low-frequency ultrasound. ..
- Psychological Stress and Immune Response to VaccinationANNA MARSLAND; Fiscal Year: 2007..Antibody responses will be measured at the time of the second and third does of vaccine and, during the follow-up period, 6 and 12 months following completion of the vaccination series. ..
- Multicolor Flow Users Network StudyDavid Asmuth; Fiscal Year: 2004..The panel developed in each of the AIMS above will be applied to these studies to determine whether the differences previously seen in antibody outcomes can be determined at the T cell phenotype and antigen-specific level. ..
- RISK OF INFECTIOUS DISEASE IN PRISON BASED HCWSRobyn Gershon; Fiscal Year: 1999..pathogens (human immunodeficiency virus, hepatitis B and C viruses) and to determine the immune status of hepatitis B vaccines. Additionally, they intend to determine the employees' tuberculin skin test reactivity...
- EVALUATE SAFETY OF VACCINES TO PREVENT SHIGELLOSISJUSTEN PASWELL; Fiscal Year: 2000..This project has been approved by the NIH (Protocol Number OH94-CH-NO94) and FDA (BB-IND-4331-S. Sonnei and BB-IND- 3866-S. flexneri). ..
- HIV Vaccine Trials in WomenBeryl Koblin; Fiscal Year: 2006..The primary outcomes to be compared are measures of unprotected sex and vaccine knowledge scores. ..
- Nodaviral RNA vaccine vector amplified in yeastL Ball; Fiscal Year: 2003..3. To determine immunization routes, schedules, and viral RNA vector formulations that induce significant immune responses to HIV gene products in mice. ..
- IMMUNOTHERAPY OF ACUTE LYMPHOCYTIC LEUKEMIAEphraim Fuchs; Fiscal Year: 1999..3) Undertake pilot trials of leukemia cell acquisition, purification, and storage for later use as specific tumor vaccines. ..
- Alcohol Use Reduction in Methadone Individuals with HCVAdeline Nyamathi; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Community-Based Approach to Designing an AIDS Program for HIV+ Mothers in IndiaAdeline Nyamathi; Fiscal Year: 2008..These findings will lead to future funding to actually develop and test a newly designed program. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TB/HIV RISK REDUCTION WITH HOMELESS AND DRUG ADDICTEDAdeline Nyamathi; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- C-CAPRELA: Cervical Cancer Prevention for LatinasSCOTT RHODES; Fiscal Year: 2008..developing effective interventions to reduce those disparities, and facilitating intervention delivery." [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Culturally Appropriate Cervical Cancer Intervention for Underserved VietnameseGrace X Ma; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Trabajando Juntos: Working for Health Disparity Reduction among LatinosSCOTT RHODES; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hepatitis B ESL Education for ChineseVictoria Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our primary outcome will be HBV serologic testing. Knowledge about key hepatitis B facts will be examined as a secondary outcome. ..
- HIV Among Rural Latino Gay Men and MSM in the SoutheastSCOTT RHODES; Fiscal Year: 2007..Study findings also will help shape new multilevel intervention approaches and strategies to reduce the disproportionate HIV/AIDS disease burden of Latino men. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Rapid Responses to Problem Drinking on College CampusesSCOTT RHODES; Fiscal Year: 2007..Although the environmental intervention should be more than one year, the minimum time would be one academic year with a one year follow up. A pilot study with a historically black college or university is also proposed. ..
- IMMUNOGENETIC MECHANISMS OF VACCINE RESPONSEGregory A Poland; Fiscal Year: 2010..The knowledge gained from these studies will enable us to design new strategies and new vaccines to protect human health against viral diseases. ..
- Bloodborne Pathogen Risk in Home Healthcare WorkersRobyn Gershon; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study will improve our understanding of the risks facing home health care workers and allow us to focus our risk management energies and resources appropriately. ..
- Cervical Cancer Control in Vietnamese WomenVictoria Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- BLOODBORNE EXPOSURE MANAGEMENTRobyn Gershon; Fiscal Year: 2001..This study will identify barriers to appropriate implementation of the Guidelines and allow us to focus our energies and resources on specific improvements in order to minimize the risk of infection to exposed employees. ..
- BBP EXPOSURE AND RISK FACTORS IN NON-HOSPITAL BASED HCWSRobyn Gershon; Fiscal Year: 2002..This study will improve our understanding of the risks facing non-hospital HCWs and allow us to focus our energies and resources appropriately. ..
- Innovative HCW Training: Infectious Disease RiskRobyn Gershon; Fiscal Year: 2002..The results of this study may have important implications for effective health and safety training for nurses. ..
- ASIAN TOBACCO EDUCATION & CANCER AWARENESS RESEARCH INITGrace Ma; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Liver Cancer Control Among North American ChineseVictoria Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2006..If effective, our outreach intervention could be used by health care facilities and community organizations serving less acculturated Chinese in North America. ..
- Diet and Risk of Ovarian CancerEllen Chang; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of the proposed analyses will provide further understanding of the etiology of ovarian cancer. ..
- DETERMINING/UNDERSTANDING BARRIERS TO ADULT IMMUNIZATIONRichard Zimmerman; Fiscal Year: 2001..This project will furnish relevant, up-to-date to enhance policy planning, practice management and medical education. ..
- Interventions to Increase HBV Vaccination in STD ClinicsGregory Zimet; Fiscal Year: 2006..The relationships of the interventions, socio-demographics, attitudes and behaviors to the outcome measures will be assessed with multiple logistic regression (MLR) and path analysis via structural equation modeling. ..
- Aspirin use, genetic variation in aspirin related-genes, and Hodgkin lymphoma risEllen Chang; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- VIRAL HEPATITIS IN CHILDREN OF INJECTION DRUG USERSKathleen Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- A Randomized Trial of Vaccine Adherence in Young IDUPaula Lum; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Pegylated Interferon +/- Ribavirin for Children with HCVKathleen Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2008..Other endpoints include biochemical and clinical safety assessments. This trial would thus provide critically needed data to guide safe and effective treatment of CHC, a major cause of liver disease in children [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HIV Testing and Women's Attitudes on HIV Vaccine TrialsGregory D Zimet; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- The Impact of the FDA Antidepressant Black Box Warning on Psychiatric PracticeHua Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..The study findings will also be a good reference for the policy makers when new black box warning is considered for psychiatric drugs other than antidepressants. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular basis meningococcal group A capsular immunityDan Granoff; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Treatment and Outcome of AIDS-related LymphomaCatherine Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2006..Lastly, we will determine how the use of HAART influences the IPI and develop a prognostic model that incorporates HIV-related factors, tumor characteristics, HAART, and chemotherapy. ..
- Electroporation-based delivery of a cancer DNA vaccineAlain Luxembourg; Fiscal Year: 2004..End points will include induction of T cell responses, protection against lethal challenge by HPV-induced tumor cells, and eradication of established HPV-induced tumors. ..
- Impact of GBV-C infection on perinatal HIV transmissionRobert Remis; Fiscal Year: 2005..A positive finding would add impetus to additional basic research to elucidate the biologic mechanisms and potentially develop new modatities of prophylaxis and treatment. ..
- THE ENDOTHELIAL CELL IN PATHOGENESIS OF TTPJeffrey Laurence; Fiscal Year: 2004..The model presented could also enable exploration of new therapeutic modalities for TTP, based upon modulation of specific apoptotic pathways. ..
- Integrating HIV Resistance Data into the CNICS CohortJames Kahn; Fiscal Year: 2004..In this application we focus on adding the new data elements of viral resistance to the CNICS research network..
- Beta-Catenin Signaling in HBxAg Mediated HCC.Mark A Feitelson; Fiscal Year: 2010..In doing so, the proposed work is expected to promote the development of multiple public health benefits for HBV infected carriers with chronic liver disease and HCC. ..