Summary: A live attenuated virus vaccine of chick embryo origin, used for routine immunization of children and for immunization of adolescents and adults who have not had mumps or been immunized with live mumps vaccine. Children are usually immunized with measles-mumps-rubella combination vaccine.
Publications158 found, 100 shown here
- [Issues related to rubella, measles and epidemic parotiditis in the Russian Federation]V V Zverev
Vopr Virusol 49:8-11. 2004....
- Recent resurgence of mumps in the United StatesGustavo H Dayan
Division of Viral Diseases, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
N Engl J Med 358:1580-9. 2008The widespread use of a second dose of mumps vaccine among U.S. schoolchildren beginning in 1990 was followed by historically low reports of mumps cases...
- Mumps outbreak among vaccinated university students associated with a large party, the Netherlands, 2010Katie Greenland
National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, RIVM, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Vaccine 30:4676-80. 2012..High coverage of MMR vaccination in childhood did not prevent an outbreak of mumps in this student population...
- The risk of aseptic meningitis associated with the Leningrad-Zagreb mumps vaccine strain following mass vaccination with measles-mumps-rubella vaccine, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, 1997Claudio Marcos da Silveira
Rio Grande do Sul Health Department, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Int J Epidemiol 31:978-82. 2002..available on the risk of aseptic meningitis following vaccination with the Leningrad-Zagreb (L-Z) strain of mumps vaccine. In 1997 the mumps vaccine was introduced into the state of Rio Grande do Sul in Brazil through mass ..
- A comparative study of the incidence of aseptic meningitis in symptomatic natural mumps patients and monovalent mumps vaccine recipients in JapanTakao Nagai
Vaccine Study Group of the Society of Ambulatory and General Pediatrics of Japan, Takamatsu 760 0002, Japan
Vaccine 25:2742-7. 2007To compare the incidence of aseptic meningitis associated with symptomatic natural mumps infection and in mumps vaccine recipients, we conducted a prospective comparative study...
- Correlation of genetic variability with safety of mumps vaccine Urabe AM9 strainG Amexis
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
Virology 287:234-41. 2001The Urabe AM9 strain of mumps vaccine live is known for its genetic instability and some vaccines derived from this strain were withdrawn from the market due to an excessive number of vaccine-associated parotitis and meningitis cases...
- Evaluation of cellular immunity to mumps in vaccinated individuals with or without circulating antibodies up to 16 years after their last vaccinationCorinne Vandermeulen
Centre for Youth Health Care, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Infect Dis 199:1457-60. 2009..47, whereas that for subjects with high antibody titers was 8.31 (P = .032). Mumps vaccine-induced cell-mediated immunity appears to be more persistent than the antibody response.
- Assessment of serological evidence for mumps virus infection in vaccinated childrenSabine Dittrich
Centre for Infectious Disease Control, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Vaccine 29:9271-5. 2011..7% based on clinical symptoms among vaccinated children. This finding has important implications when studying transmission patterns, strain virulence, as well as mumps vaccine effectiveness to protect from infection rather than disease.
- Mumps vaccine effectiveness in primary schools and households, the Netherlands, 2008Bianca E P Snijders
Centre for Infectious Disease Control, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Vaccine 30:2999-3002. 2012To estimate the mumps vaccine effectiveness (VE) during a large genotype D mumps outbreak, we conducted a cross-sectional study in eight primary schools and associated households in the Netherlands...
- Transmission of mumps virus from mumps-vaccinated individuals to close contactsEwout B Fanoy
Municipal Health Service Midden Nederland, Zeist, The Netherlands
Vaccine 29:9551-6. 2011..We conclude that, in this particular outbreak, the risk of a close contact becoming infected by vaccinated patients was small, but present...
- Mumps vaccine effectiveness in highly immunized populationsAngela Dominguez
Department of Public Health, University of Barcelona, Casanova 143, 08036, Barcelona, Spain
Vaccine 28:3567-70. 2010..Estimated VE was 85.4% (95%CI: 67.3-93.4) for 1MMR and 88.5% (95%CI: 78.1-93.9) for 2MMR. High 2MMR coverage, improved confirmation techniques and further VE studies with all confirmed cases are needed to prevent further outbreaks...
- Sex differences in antibody- and cell-mediated immune response to rubella re-immunisationL A Mitchell
Department of Pathology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Med Microbiol 48:1075-80. 1999....
- Mumps and mumps vaccine: a global reviewA M Galazka
National Institute of Hygiene, Warsaw, Poland
Bull World Health Organ 77:3-14. 1999..Based on data reported to WHO up to April 1998, mumps vaccine is routinely used by national immunization programmes in 82 countries/areas: 23 (92%) of 25 developed ..
- Mumps outbreak in a highly vaccinated student population, The Netherlands, 2004Heinrich J Brockhoff
Department Infectious Disease, Municipal Health Service, The Hague, The Netherlands
Vaccine 28:2932-6. 2010....
- Mumps vaccine virus strains and aseptic meningitisMarie Claude Bonnet
Sanofi Pasteur, Medical Affairs International, 2, avenue Pont Pasteur, 69007 Lyon, France
Vaccine 24:7037-45. 2006..or measles and rubella vaccines, but debate continues concerning the relative safety of various licensed mumps vaccine strains...
- Immune responses to mumps vaccine in adults who were vaccinated in childhoodRima Hanna-Wakim
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5208, USA
J Infect Dis 197:1669-75. 2008In a mumps outbreak in the United States, many infected individuals were adults who had received 2 doses of mumps vaccine. The persistence of cellular immunity to mumps vaccine has not been defined.
- Changes in mumps virus neurovirulence phenotype associated with quasispecies heterogeneityChristian J Sauder
DVP Office of Vaccines Research and Review, Center for Biologics, Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Building 29A, Room 1A 21, 8800 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Virology 350:48-57. 2006....
- Mumps vaccine performance among university students during a mumps outbreakMargaret M Cortese
National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Office of Workforce and Career Development, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Clin Infect Dis 46:1172-80. 2008..We assessed vaccine performance and mumps risk factors, including the possibility of waning vaccine protection...
- Sequence diversity of Jeryl Lynn strain of mumps virus: quantitative mutant analysis for vaccine quality controlGeorgios Amexis
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, FDA Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
Virology 300:171-9. 2002The Jeryl Lynn strain of mumps vaccine live (MVL) was developed in 1966 by Merck Co. and has been widely used in the U.S. and other countries since the early 1970s...
- The mumps virus neurovirulence safety test in Rhesus monkeys: a comparison of mumps virus strainsS A Rubin
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Infect Dis 180:521-5. 1999..Results indicated the need for further examination and refinement of the MNVT or for development of alternative MNVTs...
- Investigation of mumps vaccine failures in Minsk, Belarus, 2001-2003Alena V Atrasheuskaya
State Research Center of Virology and Biotechnology Vector, Koltsovo, Novosibirsk Region, Russia
Vaccine 25:4651-8. 2007The purpose of this study was to investigate mumps vaccine failures (VF) in a highly vaccinated population of Minsk, Belarus, and to investigate a possible role for virus strain-specific immunity...
- Mumps vaccine: is it time to re-evaluate our approach?Ian M Gemmill
Kingston, Frontenac and Lennox and Addington Public Health, Kingston, Ont
CMAJ 175:491-2. 2006
- Can mumps vaccine induce remission in recurrent respiratory papilloma?Nigel R T Pashley
Presbytarian St Luke s Hospital, Denver, CO, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 128:783-6. 2002To describe our experience using laser excision and locally injected mumps vaccine to induce remission in patients with recurrent respiratory papilloma (RRP).
- Aseptic meningitis after vaccination with L-Zagreb mumps strain--virologically confirmed casesGoran Tesovic
Vaccine 24:6371-3. 2006
- Antibodies against mumps in The Netherlands as assessed by indirect ELISA and virus neutralization assayS van den Hof
Centre for Infectious Disease Epidemiology, National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Epidemiol Infect 131:703-9. 2003..Therefore, the indirect ELISA is a reliable method for measuring mumps virus-specific antibodies in population-based studies. However, to allow for inter-laboratory comparison, international unitage should be developed...
- Horizontal transmission of the Leningrad-Zagreb mumps vaccine strain: a report of three casesGoran Tesovic
Vaccine 26:1922-5. 2008
- Mumps vaccine failure investigation in Novosibirsk, Russia, 2002-2004A V Atrasheuskaya
State Research Center of Virology and Biotechnology Vector, Koltsovo, Russia
Clin Microbiol Infect 13:670-6. 2007..IgM and IgG, IgG avidity, and the ability to neutralise a panel of mumps viruses, including the Leningrad-3 mumps vaccine virus...
- Antibody induced by immunization with the Jeryl Lynn mumps vaccine strain effectively neutralizes a heterologous wild-type mumps virus associated with a large outbreakSteven A Rubin
Division of Viral Products, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, United States Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Infect Dis 198:508-15. 2008..strain, and although titers to both viruses decreased with time after vaccination, antibody induced by immunization with the Jeryl Lynn mumps vaccine strain effectively neutralized the outbreak-associated virus at all time points tested.
- Two clones obtained from Urabe AM9 mumps virus vaccine differ in their replicative efficiency in neuroblastoma cellsGerardo Santos-López
Departamento de Genetica y Biologia Molecular, Centro de Investigacion y Estudios Avanzados del IPN, Av Instituto Politécnico Nacional 2508 Col San Pedro Zacatenco CP 07360 México DF, Mexico
Microbes Infect 8:332-9. 2006..These results suggest that there is a selective replication of HN-A(1081) mumps virus variants in cells of nervous origin...
- Biological characteristics of genetic variants of Urabe AM9 mumps vaccine virusK E Wright
Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, 451 Smyth Road, Ottawa, Canada
Virus Res 67:49-57. 2000The Urabe AM9 mumps vaccine is composed of a mixture of variants distinguishable by a difference at nucleotide (nt) 1081 of the hemagglutinin-neuraminidase (HN) gene (Brown, E.G., Dimock, K., Wright, K.E., 1996...
- Comparative efficacy of Rubini, Jeryl-Lynn and Urabe mumps vaccine in an Asian populationGary Ong
Division of Epidemiology and Disease Control, Ministry of Health, College of Medicine Building, 16 College Road, Singapore 169854, Singapore
J Infect 51:294-8. 2005The comparative efficacy of the three mumps vaccine strains (Jeryl-Lynn, Urabe and Rubini) was conducted in an Asian population from data arising from an epidemiological investigation of seven institutional outbreaks of mumps in Singapore.
- An assessment of mumps vaccine effectiveness by dose during an outbreak in CanadaShelley L Deeks
Ontario Agency for Health Protection and Promotion, Toronto, Ontario
CMAJ 183:1014-20. 2011..The level of coverage required to reach herd immunity and interrupt community transmission of mumps was also estimated...
- Genetic characterization of L-Zagreb mumps vaccine strainJelena Ivancic
Molecular Biomedicine Unit, Department of Research and Development, Institute of Immunology Inc, Rockefellerova 10, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Virus Res 109:95-105. 2005Eleven mumps vaccine strains, all containing live attenuated virus, have been used throughout the world...
- Changes in mumps virus gene sequence associated with variability in neurovirulent phenotypeSteven A Rubin
DVP Office of Vaccines Research and Review, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Virol 77:11616-24. 2003..The potential role of these amino acid changes in neurotropism, neurovirulence, and neuroattenuation is discussed...
- The F gene of rodent brain-adapted mumps virus is a major determinant of neurovirulenceKen Lemon
School of Biomedical Sciences, The Queen s University of Belfast, Belfast, BT9 7BL, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
J Virol 81:8293-302. 2007..Expression of the F gene of the neurovirulent strain alone was sufficient to induce significant levels of hydrocephalus. Coexpression of the homologous HN gene led to a marginal increase in the level of hydrocephalus...
- Development and biological properties of a new live attenuated mumps vaccineShizuko Saika
Chiba Prefectural Institute of Public Health, 666 2 Nitona cho, Chuo Ku, Chiba City, Chiba 260 8715, Japan
Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis 29:89-99. 2006To develop a new live attenuated mumps vaccine, a wild mumps Y7 strain isolated from a patient who developed mild parotitis was treated with nitrosoguanidine and ultraviolet, followed by selection of a temperature-sensitive clone...
- Mumps, branks and other impedimentsStanley M Aronson
Med Health R I 89:297. 2006
- Mumps virus strains isolated in Croatia in 1998 and 2005: Genotyping and putative antigenic relatedness to vaccine strainsMaja Santak
Molecular Biomedicine Unit, Institute of Immunology, Inc, Zagreb, Croatia
J Med Virol 78:638-43. 2006..The results reveal a higher level of homology of antigenic determinants to non-A genotype vaccine strains than to A genotype vaccine strain...
- [35-year measles, mumps, rubella vaccination assessment in France]P Reinert
Service de Pediatrie, Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal de Creteil, 40 rue de Verdun, 94010, Creteil, France
Arch Pediatr 10:948-54. 2003....
- Age-specific mumps seroprevalence of an unvaccinated population of adolescents in Ankara, TurkeyNuray Oksuz Kanbur
Department of Pediatrics, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
Jpn J Infect Dis 56:213-5. 2003..The routine health supervision visit at ages 11 to 12 years is an ideal time to immunize unvaccinated adolescents...
- Mumps outbreak in young adults following a village festival in the Navarra region, Spain, August 2006L Gerstel
Spanish Field Epidemiology Programme and European Programme for Intervention Epidemiology Training
Euro Surveill 11:E061109.4. 2006
- The molecular epidemiology of mumps virusKathrin Mühlemann
Institute for Infectious Diseases, University of Bern, Friedbuhlstrasse 51, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Infect Genet Evol 4:215-9. 2004..Close monitoring of the genotype distribution of MuV and genotype-specific population immunity is needed in the vaccine era...
- An outbreak of mumps in Sweden, February-April 2004B Sartorius
European Programme for Intervention Epidemiology Training, Department of Epidemiology, Swedish Institute for Infectious Disease Control, Solna, Sweden
Euro Surveill 10:191-3. 2005..Second-dose uptake must be ensured, as primary vaccine failure is well documented in mumps. Stronger precautions must be taken to avoid pools of susceptible older individuals accumulating due to the increased risk of complications...
- [A virological description of serous meningitis in children immunized with vaccine against epidemic parotitis]O V Goleva
Vopr Virusol 49:28-32. 2004..The total incidence of vaccine-associated meningitis was shown, according to Saint Petersburg data, to be not high, which testifies to a low reactogenicity of the Russian vaccine strain...
- Neurovirulence of mumps virus: intraspinal inoculation test in marmosetsShizuko Saika
Chiba Prefectural Institute of Public Health, 666 2 Nitona cho, Chuo Ku Chiba City, Chiba 260 8715, Japan
Biologicals 32:147-52. 2004..Thus, this marmoset model, which can distinguish between non-neurovirulent and neurovirulent vaccine strains, is useful for evaluating neurovirulence of vaccine strains and elucidating the molecular pathogenesis of mumps...
- [Two patients with mumps]S E van Brummelen
Jeroen Bosch Ziekenhuis, Postbus 90 153, 5200 ME s Hertogenbosch
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 150:1732-5. 2006..Possible explanations for the increase in mumps cases include low vaccination and immunity levels, primary and secondary vaccine failure and the emergence of genetically disparate mumps viruses...
- Horizontal transmission of the Leningrad-3 live attenuated mumps vaccine virusA V Atrasheuskaya
Laboratory of Immunology Safety, Institute of Molecular Biology, State Research Center of Virology and Biotechnology Vector, Koltsovo, Novosibirsk Region 630559, Russia
Vaccine 24:1530-6. 2006Here we describe symptomatic transmission of the Leningrad-3 mumps vaccine virus from healthy vaccinees to previously vaccinated contacts...
- Mumps in Poland since 1990 to 2003; epidemiology and antibody prevalenceWieslawa Janaszek-Seydlitz
Department of Sera and Vaccine Evaluation, National Institute of Hygiene, Chocimska 24, Warsaw, Poland
Vaccine 23:2711-6. 2005..Epidemiological data and the high proportion of individuals with negative titres of specific mumps IgG antibodies justify the need of introduction of obligatory mass immunisation against mumps in Poland...
- Mumps virus-specific antibody titers from pre-vaccine era sera: comparison of the plaque reduction neutralization assay and enzyme immunoassaysJeremy Mauldin
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, FDA, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Clin Microbiol 43:4847-51. 2005..EIA kits were used to evaluate wild-type mumps virus serological responses in human serum samples from the pre-mumps vaccine era...
- Simple differentiation method of mumps Hoshino vaccine strain from wild strains by reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP)Naoko Yoshida
Kitasato Institute for Life Sciences, Laboratory of Viral Infection I, Shirokane 5 9 1, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8641, Japan
Vaccine 25:1281-6. 2007..RT-LAMP followed by ScaI digestion is a sensitive, simple and rapid differential method and useful for laboratory surveillance for vaccine-adverse events...
- Borna disease virus (BDV)-induced model of autism: application to vaccine safety test designK M Carbone
Dept of Psychiatry, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Ross 618, 720 Rutland Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Mol Psychiatry 7:S36-7. 2002
- Pathogenicity of mumps virus in the marmosetShizuko Saika
Chiba Serum Institute, Chiba, Japan
J Med Virol 66:115-22. 2002..The distinction observed between the Odate and Jeryl Lynn strains suggests the applicability of the marmoset model for the evaluation of any neurovirulence potential of vaccine strains...
- Mumps epidemiology and immunity: the anatomy of a modern epidemicLarry J Anderson
Division of Viral Diseases, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 27:S75-9. 2008..College campuses with mumps outbreaks included ones with 77% to 97% of students having had 2 doses of a mumps vaccine. Diagnosing mumps proved to be problematic in vaccinated persons (ie, laboratory tests seemed to be ..
- Mumps virus neutralizing antibodies do not protect against reinfection with a heterologous mumps virus genotypeJ Nöjd
Department of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital of Northern Sweden, S 901 85, Umea, Sweden
Vaccine 19:1727-31. 2001..The findings in the present study may offer an explanation of a mechanism behind previously observed vaccine failures and the occurrence of reinfection with heterologous mumps virus strains...
- Safety of live mumps virus vaccinesJohn Furesz
Bureau of Biologics, Health and Welfare Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Med Virol 67:299-300. 2002
- Epidemiologic and diagnostic evaluation of a recent mumps outbreak using oral fluid samplesFiona Reid
National Virus Reference Laboratory, School of Medicine and Medical Sciences, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
J Clin Virol 41:134-7. 2008..To determine the optimal strategy to investigate mumps virus infection in a partially vaccinated cohort...
- MumpsAnders Hviid
Department of Epidemiology Research, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
Lancet 371:932-44. 2008..Mumps is vaccine-preventable, and one dose of mumps vaccine is about 80% effective against the disease...
- [Mumps]Catherine Olivier
Service pédiatrie, Hopital Louis Mourier, 92701 Colombes
Rev Prat 52:1489-92. 2002
- [The epidemiological impact of vaccination strategies in the Lazio Region]A Faustini
Dipartimento di Epidemiologia, ASL RME, Roma
Ann Ig 14:39-49. 2002
- Mumps virus reinfection is not a rare event confirmed by reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplificationNaoko Yoshida
Kitasato Institute for Life Sciences, Laboratory of Viral Infection, Tokyo, Japan
J Med Virol 80:517-23. 2008..Mumps virus reinfection was confirmed by RT-LAMP and an IgG avidity test and was not a rare event...
- Interstrain antigenic variability of mumps virusesUlrich Heininger
Clin Infect Dis 46:150-1. 2008
- Effectiveness of previous mumps vaccination during a summer camp outbreakJoshua K Schaffzin
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Office of Career Workforce and Development, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pediatrics 120:e862-8. 2007..In July 2005, an outbreak of mumps occurred during a children's summer camp in upstate New York. An investigation was initiated to describe the cases and evaluate vaccine effectiveness...
- Mumps outbreaks in Canada and the United States: time for new thinking on mumps vaccinesHeikki Peltola
HUCH Hospital, Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Helsinki, Finland
Clin Infect Dis 45:459-66. 2007..Also, the Leningrad-3 strain seems to be effective but causes less-benign meningitis. No mumps vaccine equals the best vaccines in quality, but the virtually complete safety of some strains may not offset their ..
- [MUMPS]Seiji Takita
Nihon Rinsho 61:271-5. 2003
- Seroprevalence survey of measles, rubella, varicella, and mumps antibodies in health care workers and evaluation of a vaccination program in a tertiary care hospital in JapanSeishi Asari
Department of Infection Control and Prevention, Osaka University Hospital, Suita City, Japan
Am J Infect Control 31:157-62. 2003..These data indicate that all HCWs should be strongly recommended to be vaccinated against (or have documented immunity to) these viruses in Japan, as is the case in the United States...
- Mumps outbreak in a highly vaccinated school population: assessment of secondary vaccine failure using IgG avidity measurementsDae Won Park
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, Korea University, 126 1 Anam dong 5th Str, Seongbuk gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Vaccine 25:4665-70. 2007..The results of this study show that secondary vaccine failure played an important role in this mumps outbreak. Therefore, booster immunization for mumps should be considered in immunized adolescents to prevent further outbreaks...
- [Laboratory diagnosis of parotiditis in the post-vaccination era: new strategies]Juan Carlos Sanz
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 21:383-4. 2003
- Matched case-control study of effectiveness of live, attenuated S79 mumps virus vaccine against clinical mumpsChuanxi Fu
Department of Expanded Programmed Immunization, Guangzhou Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Guangzhou, China
Clin Vaccine Immunol 15:1425-8. 2008..The S(79) vaccine can effectively prevent clinical mumps, and a second dose of mumps virus vaccine is necessary for the protection of children in China...
- [Immunization coverage survey: empirical assessment of the cluster sampling method proposed by the World Health Organization]Rita Barradas Barata
Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas da Santa Casa de Sao Paulo, Departamento de Medicina Social, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Rev Panam Salud Publica 17:184-90. 2005....
- No demonstrable association between the Leningrad-Zagreb mumps vaccine strain and aseptic meningitis in a large clinical trial in EgyptH J Sharma
Serum Institute of India Ltd, Pune, India
Clin Microbiol Infect 16:347-52. 2010To address the claim that the Leningrad-Zagreb (L-Z) mumps vaccine strain is causally associated with aseptic meningitis, a prospective, post-marketing safety study was conducted with a measles-mumps-rubella vaccine (MMR) (TRESIVAC(R); ..
- Long-term persistence of mumps antibody after receipt of 2 measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccinations and antibody response after a third MMR vaccination among a university populationAnand A Date
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 197:1662-8. 2008High attack rates among vaccinated young adults reported during the 2006 mumps outbreak in the United States heightened concerns regarding mumps vaccine failure.
- [Measles antibodies concentration in vaccinated children and adolescents with autoimmune hepatitis]Leszek Szenborn
Katedra i Klinika Chorób Zakaźnych Dzieci Akademii Medycznej we Wrocławiu
Pol Merkur Lekarski 17:326-30. 2004..Aim of the study was to evaluate the humoral immunity against measles in children and adolescent with AIH after measles vaccination...
- Development of a focus reduction neutralization test (FRNT) for detection of mumps virus neutralizing antibodiesSunil R Vaidya
Virus Reference Department, Centre for Infections, Health Protection Agency, 61 Colindale Avenue, London NW9 5EQ, UK
J Virol Methods 163:153-6. 2010..it is technically demanding, slow and requires large serum volumes, which limits its use for investigating mumps vaccine efficacy and population susceptibility...
- Identification and development of a promising novel mumps vaccine candidate strainYan Liang
Institute of Medical Biology, Chinese Academy of Medicine Science, Peking Union Medical College, 379 Jiaoling Road, Kunming 650118, PR China
Microbes Infect 12:1178-87. 2010..the isolation and culture of a genotype F MuV candidate strain that could be used to prepare a live attenuated mumps vaccine. This strain is shown to have good immunological efficacy and stability in neurovirulence evaluations...
- The genomic sequence of a contemporary wild-type mumps virus strainL Jin
Enteric, Respiratory and Neurological Virus Laboratory, Central Public Health Laboratory, NW9 5HT, London, UK
Virus Res 70:75-83. 2000Vaccination has the potential to eradicate mumps, and 82 countries now include a live attenuated mumps vaccine as part of their childhood vaccination programme...
- Neurovirulence safety testing of mumps vaccines--historical perspective and current statusS A Rubin
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, United States Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Vaccine 29:2850-5. 2011..This review summarizes the current status of mumps vaccine neurovirulence safety testing and insights into models currently approved and those under development.
- Mumps vaccine associated orchitis: Evidence supporting a potential immune-mediated mechanismVanessa Clifford
Infectious Diseases Unit, Department of General Medicine and Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Royal Children s Hospital Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
Vaccine 28:2671-3. 2010..These cases, discussed together with a comprehensive review of the existing literature regarding post-vaccine orchitis, highlight uncertainty regarding the pathogenesis of post-vaccine orchitis...
- [Pharmacovigilance of vaccines]E Autret-Leca
Service de Pharmacologie, Hopital Bretonneau, Universite Francois Rabelais de Tours, Centre Régional de Pharmacovigilance et d Information sur le Médicament, CHRU de Tours, 2, boulevard Tonnelle, 37044 Tours, Cedex 09, France
Arch Pediatr 13:175-80. 2006..can be specific, related to the antigen of an attenuated alive virus vaccine (lymphocyte meningitis after anti-mumps vaccine) or non-specific, related to a component different from the antigen (aluminium hydroxide involved in the "..
- Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) vaccineA P Dubey
Department of Pediatrics, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India
Indian J Pediatr 70:579-84. 2003..There is an association between the Urabe strain of mumps vaccine and viral meningitis. Vaccine associated thrombocytopenia has been reported...
- Successful seroresponses to measles and rubella following aerosolized Triviraten vaccine, but poor response to aerosolized mumps (Rubini) component: comparisons with injected MMRJose Luis Diaz-Ortega
Centro De Investigacion sobre Enfermedades Infecciosas, Instituto Nacional de Salud Pública INSP, Ave Universidad 655, Colonia Santa Maria Ahuacatitlan, 62508 Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
Vaccine 28:692-8. 2010..Response to aerosolized Rubini mumps strain was a focus of interest, given robust responses to aerosolized mumps vaccine (Leningrad-Zagreb strain) in a prior study using aerosolized MMR vaccine...
- Safety evaluation of MMR vaccine during a primary school campaign in Saudi ArabiaYagob Al-Mazrou
Ministry of Health, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
J Trop Pediatr 48:354-8. 2002..It appears from our data that the use of the Urabe-based mumps vaccine in the booster-dose format induces much less adverse effects than usually observed following the primary ..
- [Effect of systematic vaccination on the epidemiology of urlian parotiditis in the population of Bucharest]Niculae Ion-Nedelcu
Direcţia de Sănătate Publică a municipiului Bucureşti
Bacteriol Virusol Parazitol Epidemiol 55:35-9. 2010describe the mumps evolution during the time period that immediately followed the introduction of routine mumps vaccine into the Bucharest municipality's population.
- Recurrent respiratory papillomatosis: an overview of current thinking and treatmentPeter Goon
Department of Genito Urinary Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 265:147-51. 2008..Adjuvant treatments currently used include cidofovir, indole-3-carbinol, ribavirin, mumps vaccine, and photodynamic therapy. The recent licensing of prophylactic HPV vaccines is a most interesting development...
- [Vaccination and immunization in healthcare workers, towards specific infections: measles, varicella, rubella and mumps. The experience in a hospital in Lombardy]L Cologni
Unita Operativa Ospedaliera Medicina del Lavoro, Servizio Sanitario Aziendale, Azienda Ospedaliera Ospedali Riuniti di Bergamo
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 29:413-4. 2007..5% of HCW was immune to mumps. We are going to offer the vaccine to the operators that are not immune, but we are also thinking about offer it to the HCW working with critical patient...
- The resurgence of mumps in young adults and adolescentsJohn D Shanley
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington 06030, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 74:42-4, 47-8. 2007....
- The contribution of single antigen measles, mumps and rubella vaccines to immunity to these infections in England and WalesPam Sonnenberg
Immunisation Department, Centre for Infections, Health Protection Agency, London, UK
Arch Dis Child 92:786-9. 2007..To obtain information on the use of single antigen measles, mumps and rubella vaccines to improve estimates of population immunity and help predict outbreaks...
- Antigenic differences between vaccine and circulating wild-type mumps viruses decreases neutralization capacity of vaccine-induced antibodiesM Santak
Institute of Immunology, Department for Research and Development, Zagreb, Croatia
Epidemiol Infect 141:1298-309. 2013..Moreover, the amino-acid sequence alignment revealed three new potentially relevant regions for escape from neutralization, i.e. 113-130, 375-403 and 440-443...
- Hemagglutinin-neuraminidase sequence and phylogenetic analyses of mumps virus isolates from a vaccinated population in SingaporeC S Lim
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Kent Ridge, Singapore
J Med Virol 70:287-92. 2003..The low vaccine efficacy of the Rubini strain represents a major reason for the recent mumps resurgence and failure of mumps immunization in Singapore...
- Molecular analysis of early postvaccine mumps-like disease in Italian military recruitsFlorigio Lista
JAMA 287:1114-5. 2002
- Revaccination of children after completion of standard chemotherapy for acute leukemiaSoonie R Patel
Pediatric Oncology Department, Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, United Kingdom
Clin Infect Dis 44:635-42. 2007..After the treatment of patients with acute leukemia, there is a decrease in vaccine-specific antibody and an increased susceptibility to certain vaccine-preventable diseases. A simple revaccination schedule is warranted...
- Factors associated with uptake of measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine (MMR) and use of single antigen vaccines in a contemporary UK cohort: prospective cohort studyAnna Pearce
Centre for Paediatric Epidemiology and Biostatistics, UCL Institute of Child Health, London WC1N 1EH
BMJ 336:754-7. 2008..To estimate uptake of the combined measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine (MMR) and single antigen vaccines and explore factors associated with uptake and reasons for not using MMR...
- Intranasal immunization with mumps virus DNA vaccine delivered by influenza virosomes elicits mucosal and systemic immunityM G Cusi
Department of Molecular Biology, Section of Microbiology, University of Siena, Via Laterina 8, Siena, 53100, Italy
Virology 277:111-8. 2000..These results suggest that cationic virosomes in combination with Escheriagen may have great potential as an efficient delivery system for intranasal DNA immunization and provide an immune barrier at the mucosal sites...
- Seroprevalence of antibodies to measles, mumps, and rubella among Thai population: evaluation of measles/MMR immunization programmePiyanit Tharmaphornpilas
Bureau of General Communicable Diseases, Department of Disease Control, Ministry of Public Health, Nonthaburi, Thailand
J Health Popul Nutr 27:80-6. 2009..This finding was consistent with the age-group reported in outbreaks of measles in Thailand. The apparent ineffectiveness (in relation to measles) of MMR immunization of 1st grade students warrants further studies...
- Another potential adjuvant therapy for recurrent respiratory papillomatosisJudith E C Lieu
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 128:787-8. 2002
- [Mumps in a urban area of the Community of Madrid. Vaccination status, diagnosis and intervention measures]R de los Ríos Martín
Sección de Epidemiología Area 4 Hospital Ramón y Cajal Laboratorio Regional de Salud Pública Hospital Gómez Ulla Madrid
Aten Primaria 28:10-6. 2001..To describe the epidemiological situation of an epidemic of mumps, to calculate the risk of catching the illness depending on the vaccine strain used and to evaluate the diagnostic performance of the serologic determination...
- Measles virus infection causes transient depletion of activated T cells from peripheral circulationR Nanan
Universitäts Kinderklinik Würzburg, Germany
J Clin Virol 12:201-10. 1999..The underlying molecular mechanisms are not known. Recently, in vitro studies have revealed a marked increase of LFA-1 expression of lymphocytes in the presence of infectious measles virus...
- Rapid diagnostic method for detection of mumps virus genome by loop-mediated isothermal amplificationTakao Okafuji
Okafuji Pediatric Clinic, Himeji, Hyougo, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 43:1625-31. 2005..Accuracy of LAMP for the detection of mumps virus genome was confirmed; furthermore, it is of benefit for calculating the viral load, which reflects disease pathogenesis...
- Mumps vaccine effectiveness and risk factors for disease in households during an outbreak in New York CityKara A Livingston
Centers for Disease Control Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists Applied Epidemiology Fellowship, Atlanta, GA, USA Electronic address
Vaccine 32:369-74. 2014Mumps outbreaks have been reported among vaccinated populations, and declining mumps vaccine effectiveness (VE) has been suggested as one possible cause...
- Effectiveness of one dose of mumps vaccine against clinically diagnosed mumps in Guangzhou, China, 2006-2012Chuanxi Fu
Guangzhou Center for Disease Control and Prevention Guangzhou, PR China
Hum Vaccin Immunother 9:2524-8. 2013..To assess the mumps vaccine effectiveness (VE) in Guangzhou, China, we performed a 1:1 matched case-control study...
- Current status of antiviral therapy for juvenile-onset recurrent respiratory papillomatosisDavid W Kimberlin
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, University of Alabama, 1600 Seventh Avenue South CHB 303, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
Antiviral Res 63:141-51. 2004..but for which controlled data of benefit are lacking, include cidofovir, indole-3-carbinol, ribavirin, mumps vaccine, and photodynamic therapy...
- Shifting a Paradigm in Vaccine Safety: From Empirical to Rational AttenuationWilliam Paul Duprex; Fiscal Year: 2013..3. Develop in vivo predictors for mumps vaccine safety using non-recombinant vaccine progenitors and rationally attenuated rMuVs which have differing ..
- Study of risk factors of tick-borne encephalitis in PolandPawel Stefanoff; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Effect of Ethanol Consumption on Vaccine ResponsesJOHN SHANLEY; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will set the stage for a systematic analysis of the mechanisms by which ethanol alters the host responses to viral infection and viral vaccine administration. ..
- Gene Duplication and Genome EvolutionAustin Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2004..5) Examining the role of transposable elements in duplication of genomic segments by testing for nonrandom association between these elements and putatively duplicated blocks in the yeast genome. ..
- Parent Initiated Prevention ProgramDimitri Christakis; Fiscal Year: 2005..3) To improve parental perceptions of the quality of care provided.H3: Compared to controls, PIPP parents will report higher scores on selected Consumer Assessment of Health Plans (CAHPS) items. ..
- New Methods for Evaluating Interobserver AgreementMichael Haber; Fiscal Year: 2006..Existing and new agreement indices will be compared and linked. All the proposed methods will be applied to real data sets from the behavioral and biomedical sciences. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Internet Based Patient-Centered Asthma Management SystemDimitri Christakis; Fiscal Year: 2009..Children in AsthmaNet families will be more likely to report using written care plans. Aim 4: to decrease the number of symptom days for children with asthma H4. Children in AsthmaNet families will experience fewer symptom days. ..
- EVOLUTION OF IMMUNE RECOGNITION AND EVASIONAustin L Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, by increasing our understanding of the population diversity and evolutionary history of human immune system genes, this research will enhance our knowledge of human immune function in health and disease. ..