- Impairment of tetanus-specific cellular and humoral responses following tetanus vaccination in human lymphatic filariasis
Center for Biotechnology, Anna University, Chennai 600025, India
Infect Immun 72:2598-604. 2004
..in lymphatic filariasis, the effect of concurrent Wuchereria bancrofti infection on the immune response to tetanus toxoid (TT) following tetanus vaccination was studied in 20 asymptomatic microfilaremic (MF) patients, 20 patients ..
- Immunogenicity and safety of an investigational quadrivalent meningococcal ACWY tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine in healthy adolescents and young adults 10 to 25 years of age
Kaiser Permanente Vaccine Study Center, Oakland, CA, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 30:e41-8. 2011
An investigational quadrivalent Neisseria meningitidis serogroups A, C, W-135, and Y tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine (MenACWY-TT) has been developed to expand available options for vaccination against invasive meningococcal disease.
- Transcriptomic response of porcine PBMCs to vaccination with tetanus toxoid as a model antigen
Leibniz Institute for Farm Animal Biology FBN, Institute for Genome Biology, Dummerstorf, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e58306. 2013
..Vaccination with tetanus toxoid was used as a model for a mixed Th1 and Th2 immune response in pig...
- Tetanus toxoid immunization to reduce mortality from neonatal tetanus
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Int J Epidemiol 39:i102-9. 2010
..Large reductions in neonatal tetanus deaths have been reported following major increases in the coverage of tetanus toxoid immunization, yet the level of evidence for the mortality effect of tetanus toxoid immunization is ..
- Gene expression after vaccination of mice with formulations of diphtheria toxoid or tetanus toxoid and different adjuvants: identification of shared and vaccine-specific genes in spleen lymphocytes
Department of Pharmacy, Uppsala University, PO Box 580, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
Vaccine 21:2307-17. 2003
We immunized mice with four different combinations of diphtheria toxoid or tetanus toxoid with aluminum phosphate or Freund's adjuvant and studied the resulting gene expression profiles in spleen lymphocytes...
- Phase I clinical study with multiple peptide vaccines in combination with tetanus toxoid and GM-CSF in advanced-stage HLA-A*0201-positive melanoma patients
Divisions of Immunology, Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam, Netherlands
J Immunother 30:234-9. 2007
..E27L (ELAGIGILTV), tyrosinase(368-376) N375Q (YMDGTMSQV), and gp100(209-217) T210M (IMQVPFSV), admixed with tetanus toxoid and granulocyte-monocyte colony stimulating factor...
- Mucosal immune responses and protection against tetanus toxin after intranasal immunization with recombinant Lactobacillus plantarum
Département de Microbiologie des Ecosystèmes, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 59019 Lille Cedex, France
Infect Immun 69:1547-53. 2001
..These results demonstrate that recombinant lactobacilli can induce specific humoral (protective) and mucosal antibodies and cellular immune response against protective antigens upon nasal administration...
- Persistence of mucosal and systemic immune responses following sublingual immunization
Donatella R M Negri
Department of Infectious, Parasitic and Immune Mediated Diseases, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Vaccine 28:4175-80. 2010
..purpose, we evaluated the efficacy and durability of immune response induced by sublingual immunization with tetanus toxoid (TT) as an antigen in the presence of mucosal adjuvants, such as E...
- Preparation, immunogenicity, and protective efficacy, in a murine model, of a conjugate vaccine composed of the polysaccharide moiety of the lipopolysaccharide of Vibrio cholerae O139 bound to tetanus toxoid
, , Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Infect Immun 69:3488-93. 2001
..cholerae O139 (pmLPS) was prepared by derivatization of the pmLPS with adipic acid dihydrazide and coupling to tetanus toxoid (TT) by carbodiimide-mediated condensation...
- Evaluation of TLR agonists as potential mucosal adjuvants for HIV gp140 and tetanus toxoid in mice
Clinical Sciences, St George s University of London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e50529. 2012
..We assess their ability to enhance antibody responses to HIV-1 CN54gp140 (gp140) and Tetanus toxoid (TT) in systemic and vaginal compartments. A number of trends were observed by route of administration...
- Serological characterisation of anti-endotoxin sera directed against the conjugates of oligosaccharide core of Escherichia coli type R1, R2, R3, J5 and Salmonella Ra with tetanus toxoid
Ludwik Hirszfeld Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy, Wrocław, Poland
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 16:21-30. 1996
The covalent conjugates of oligosaccharide core: Escherichia coli type R1, R2, R3, J5 and Salmonella Ra with tetanus toxoid have been prepared using reaction of reductive amination...
- Immunogenicity and safety of a combination diphtheria, tetanus toxoid, acellular pertussis, hepatitis B, and inactivated poliovirus vaccine coadministered with a 7-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine and a Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccine
Michael E Pichichero
University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Pediatr 151:43-9, 49.e1-2. 2007
- Maternal and neonatal tetanus
Martha H Roper
Weybridge, VT, USA
Lancet 370:1947-59. 2007
..Although easily prevented by maternal immunisation with tetanus toxoid vaccine, and aseptic obstetric and postnatal umbilical-cord care practices, maternal and neonatal tetanus ..
- Tetanus in England and Wales, 1984-2000
A A Rushdy
Immunisation Division, Public Health Laboratory Service Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, 61 Colindale Avenue, London NW1 5EQ
Epidemiol Infect 130:71-7. 2003
..High childhood tetanus vaccination coverage remains a priority. As the disease becomes rarer, enhanced tetanus case surveillance is essential for tetanus immunization policy evaluation...
- Phase 1 and phase 2 studies of Salmonella enterica serovar paratyphi A O-specific polysaccharide-tetanus toxoid conjugates in adults, teenagers, and 2- to 4-year-old children in Vietnam
E Y Konadu
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 2720, USA
Infect Immun 68:1529-34. 2000
..O-SP) was activated with 1-cyano-4-dimethylaminopyridinium tetrafluoroborate (CDAP) and bound to tetanus toxoid (TT) with adipic acid dihydrazide as a linker (SPA-TT(1)) or directly (SPA-TT(2))...
- Randomized trial to assess immunogenicity and safety of Haemophilus influenzae type b and Neisseria meningitidis serogroups C and Y-tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine in infants
Colin D Marchant
Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:48-52. 2010
Study assessed the immunogenicity and safety of an investigational Haemophilus influenzae type b-Neisseria meningitidis serogroups C and Y-tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine (HibMenCY-TT) in infants.
- Immunogenicity and safety of an investigational combined haemophilus influenzae type B-Neisseria meningitidis serogroups C and Y-tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine
Vaccine and Immunisation Research Group, Murdoch Children s Research Institute and School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Pediatr Infect Dis J 30:190-6. 2011
Neisseria meningitidis serogroups B, C, and Y cause most meningococcal disease in industrialized countries. A Haemophilus influenzae type b-meningococcal serogroups C and Y-tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine (HibMenCY-TT) was evaluated.
- Immunogenicity and reactogenicity of a booster dose of a novel combined Haemophilus influenzae type b-Neisseria meningitidis serogroup C-tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine given to toddlers of 13-14 months of age with antibody persistence up to 31 months of
Juan C Tejedor
Mostoles Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 27:579-88. 2008
A combined Haemophilus influenzae type b and Neisseria meningitidis serogroup C tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine (Hib-MenC-TT) may be a convenient alternative to separate Hib and MenC conjugate vaccines.
- Immunogenicity of, and immunologic memory to, a reduced primary schedule of meningococcal C-tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine in infants in the United kingdom
PHLS Meningococcal Reference Unit, Withington Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 71:5549-55. 2003
..Thus, in infants a one- or two-dose schedule of this MCC vaccine, conjugated to tetanus toxoid (TT), may suffice...
- Adjuvant effect of aqueous extract of Rhodiola imbricata rhizome on the immune responses to tetanus toxoid and ovalbumin in rats
K P Mishra
Immunomodulation Laboratory, Defense Institute of Physiology and Allied Sciences, Delhi, India
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 32:141-6. 2010
..The efficacy of RAE was determined by using strong antigen tetanus toxoid (TT) and weak antigen Ovalbumin (OVA)...
- Ability of 3 different meningococcal C conjugate vaccines to induce immunologic memory after a single dose in UK toddlers
Immunisation Division, Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, Public Health Laboratory Service, London, United Kingdom
J Infect Dis 183:160-3. 2001
..The protein conjugate was diphtheria mutant toxoid in 2 vaccines (MCC-CRM(197)) and was tetanus toxoid in the third (MCC-TT)...
- A dose-range study assessing immunogenicity and safety of one dose of a new candidate meningococcal serogroups A, C, W-135, Y tetanus toxoid conjugate (MenACWY-TT) vaccine administered in the second year of life and in young children
Zentrum für Kinder und Jugendmedizin, Johannes Gutenberg University, Germany
Vaccine 28:744-53. 2010
..The safety profile was comparable to licensed controls. The new ACWY-TT conjugate vaccine promises high seroprotection levels against meningococcal disease from 1 year of age...
- Tetravalent meningococcal serogroups A, C, W-135 and Y conjugate vaccine is well tolerated and immunogenic when co-administered with measles-mumps-rubella-varicella vaccine during the second year of life: An open, randomized controlled trial
Vaccine Research Center, University of Tampere Medical School, Tampere, Finland
Vaccine 29:4274-84. 2011
Co-administration of meningococcal ACWY-tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine (ACWY-TT) with MMRV vaccine was investigated in 1000 12-23-month old children randomized (3:3:1:1) to receive co-administered ACWY-TT+MMRV, or a single dose of ACWY-..
- Porcine genome-wide gene expression in response to tetanus toxoid vaccine
Research Institute for the Biology of Farm Animals FBN Dummerstorf, Research Group Functional Genomics
Dev Biol (Basel) 132:185-95. 2008
The very early in vivo response to immune stimuli was studied using tetanus toxoid as a model antigen known to induce Th1 and Th2 responses. Eighteen weaning piglets were vaccinated subcutaneously with tetanus toxoid...
- Bystander stimulation of activated CD4+ T cells of unrelated specificity following a booster vaccination with tetanus toxoid
Gianfranco Di Genova
Cancer Sciences Division, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Southampton, UK
Eur J Immunol 40:976-85. 2010
..We previously observed this bystander effect in healthy human subjects following recall vaccination with tetanus toxoid (TT)...
- Immunogenicity of a single dose of tetravalent meningococcal serogroups A, C, W-135, and Y conjugate vaccine administered to 2- to 10-year-olds is noninferior to a licensed-ACWY polysaccharide vaccine with an acceptable safety profile
Ziad A Memish
National Guard Affairs, King Abdulaziz Medical City, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Pediatr Infect Dis J 30:e56-62. 2011
..Immunogenicity and safety of the investigational ACWY vaccine conjugated with tetanus toxoid (ACWY-TT, GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals) were evaluated in 1501 healthy 2- to 10-year-old children in the ..
- Seroprotection against tetanus in patients attending an emergency department in Belgium and evaluation of a bedside immunotest
Department of Emergency Medicine, Erasme University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Emerg Med 14:14-24. 2007
..In most emergency departments, tetanus prophylaxis currently relies on vaccination history. Bedside evaluation of tetanus immunity may improve this process...
- Immune response and one-year antibody persistence after a fourth dose of a novel Haemophilus influenzae type b and Neisseria meningitidis serogroups C and Y-tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine (HibMenCY) at 12 to 15 months of age
Gary S Marshall
Department of Pediatrics, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:469-71. 2010
..A total of 236 infants received a fourth Haemophilus influenzae type b-Neisseria meningitidis serogroups C and Y-tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine (HibMenCY) dose at 12 to 15 months...
- Safety and immunogenicity of a new Neisseria meningitidis serogroup C-tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine in healthy adults
Immunobiology Unit, Institute of Child Health, 30 Guilford Street, London, UK
Vaccine 18:641-6. 1999
..safety and immunogenicity of a single dose of a new serogroup C O-deacetylated meningococcal polysaccharide-tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine in 30 healthy adult volunteers...
- A novel combined Haemophilus influenzae type b-Neisseria meningitidis serogroups C and Y-tetanus-toxoid conjugate vaccine is immunogenic and induces immune memory when co-administered with DTPa-HBV-IPV and conjugate pneumococcal vaccines in infants
Murdoch Children s Research Institute and School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, Australia
Vaccine 25:8487-99. 2007
..Hib-MenCY-TT administered according to the current US Hib vaccine schedule has the potential to induce protective antibodies against Hib and meningococcal-CY disease in infants and toddlers...
- Effects of supplementation with tocotrienol-rich fraction on immune response to tetanus toxoid immunization in normal healthy volunteers
Malaysian Palm Oil Board, Selangor, Malaysia
Eur J Clin Nutr 65:63-9. 2011
..The objective of this study was to assess the effects of tocotrienol-rich fraction (TRF) supplementation on immune response following tetanus toxoid (TT) vaccine challenge in healthy female volunteers.
- Reduction of human anti-tetanus toxoid antibody in hu-PBL-SCID mice by immunodominant peptides of tetanus toxoid
D J Jackson
International Blood Group Reference Laboratory, Bristol Institute of Transfusion Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Clin Exp Immunol 137:245-52. 2004
..a preclinical system was developed to test the effect of immunodominant peptides from a common antigen, tetanus toxoid (TT), on the long-term human anti-TT response...
- Impaired cellular immune response to tetanus toxoid but not to cytomegalovirus in effectively HAART-treated HIV-infected children
Allergy and Clinical Immunology Department, Hospital Sant Joan de Déu Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Vaccine 31:2417-9. 2013
..We compared the cellular immune response (assessed in terms of IFN-γ production) to tetanus toxoid and to cytomegalovirus in a series of 13 HIV-perinatally-infected children and adolescents with optimal ..
- Vaccinations and the risk of relapse in multiple sclerosis. Vaccines in Multiple Sclerosis Study Group
European Database for Multiple Sclerosis Coordinating Center and the Service de Neurologie A, H pital Neurologique, Lyons, France
N Engl J Med 344:319-26. 2001
..22 to 1.08). Analyses based on risk periods of one and three months yielded similar results. CONCLUSIONS: Vaccination does not appear to increase the short-term risk of relapse in multiple sclerosis...
- Kinetic, affinity, and diversity limits of human polyclonal antibody responses against tetanus toxoid
Tine Rugh Poulsen
Department for Antibody Discovery, Symphogen A S, Lyngby, Denmark
J Immunol 179:3841-50. 2007
..The observed genetic diversity among tetanus toxoid-specific plasma cells indicate that human polyclonal repertoires are limited to the order of 100 B cell clones ..
- Levels of antibodies specific to tetanus toxoid, Haemophilus influenzae type b, and pneumococcal capsular polysaccharide in healthy children and adults
Klinik für Kinder und Jugendmedizin der Ruhr Universität, Bochum, Germany
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 10:202-7. 2003
..for capsular polysaccharides of Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) and for tetanus toxoid were measured in serum samples of 386 age-stratified subjects...
- Tetanus surveillance--United States, 1998--2000
F Brian Pascual
Epidemiology and Surveillance Division, National Immunization Program, USA
MMWR Surveill Summ 52:1-8. 2003
Tetanus is a severe and often fatal infection. The incidence of reported cases in the United States has declined steadily since introduction of tetanus toxoid vaccines in the 1940s.
- Serological characterization of anti-endotoxin serum directed against the conjugate of oligosaccharide core of Escherichia coli type R4 with tetanus toxoid
Department of Immunochemistry, Ludwik Hirszfeld Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy, Polish Academy of Sciences, Weigla 12, 53 114 Wroclaw, Poland
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 37:59-67. 2003
The covalent conjugate of oligosaccharide core of Escherichia coli type R4 with tetanus toxoid was prepared using reaction of reductive amination...
- Functional and phenotypic characterization of tetanus toxoid-specific human CD4+ T cells following re-immunization
Laboratory of AIDS Immunopathogenesis, Division of Immunology and Allergy, Department of Medicine, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur J Immunol 37:1129-38. 2007
..thus investigated the kinetics and changes of IL-7Ralpha and anti-apoptotic protein Bcl-2 expression levels in tetanus toxoid (TT)-specific CD4(+ )T cells at different time points prior and after TT re-immunization of TT-immune ..
- Analysis of the immune response against tetanus toxoid: enumeration of specific T helper cells by the Elispot assay
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital of Regensburg, Germany
Immunobiology 205:282-9. 2002
b>Tetanus toxoid (TT) is an antigen known to induce strong T cell specific immune responses in humans after vaccination...
- Human immunoglobulin repertoires against tetanus toxoid contain a large and diverse fraction of high-affinity promiscuous V(H) genes
John de Kruif
Merus Biopharmaceuticals, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Mol Biol 387:548-58. 2009
..a large collection of antibody heavy (H) chains harvested from the blood of two human donors immunized with tetanus toxoid (TT) vaccine...
- Enhancement of immune responses by co-delivery of a CpG oligodeoxynucleotide and tetanus toxoid in biodegradable nanospheres
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 3118 Dentistry Pharmacy Center, University of Alberta, Edmonton, T6G 2N8 Canada
J Control Release 85:247-62. 2002
..of CpG ODN and antigens in biodegradable nanospheres as an alternative approach for immunization using tetanus toxoid (TT) as the model antigen and ODN #1826 as the model CpG sequence...
- Impaired avidity maturation after tetanus toxoid booster in children with Down syndrome
Maaike A Kusters
Department of Pediatrics, Jeroen Bosch Hospital, s Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Pediatr Infect Dis J 30:357-9. 2011
Down syndrome children show a decreased avidity of the antibody response after tetanus toxoid booster vaccination at 9 years of age suggesting impaired memory B cell selection in the germinal center...
- Enhanced immunogenicity of a tricomponent mannan tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine targeted to dendritic cells via Dectin-1 by incorporating β-glucan
Department of Chemistry, Alberta Glycomics Centre, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2G2, Canada
J Immunol 190:4116-28. 2013
In a previous attempt to generate a protective vaccine against Candida albicans, a β-mannan tetanus toxoid conjugate showed poor immunogenicity in mice...
- Human anti-FcepsilonRIalpha autoantibodies isolated from healthy donors cross-react with tetanus toxoid
M P Horn
Institute of Immunology and Allergology, University of Bern, Switzerland
Eur J Immunol 29:1139-48. 1999
..auto-Ab showed no evidence of histamine release but strongly cross-reacted with an external antigen, tetanus toxoid (TTd) with a higher affinity for TTd than for the FcepsilonRIalpha...
- Tetanus immunity and physician compliance with tetanus prophylaxis practices among emergency department patients presenting with wounds
David A Talan
Department of Medicine, Division of Emergency Medicine, Olive View University of California Los Angeles Medical Center, Sylmar 91342, USA
Ann Emerg Med 43:305-14. 2004
..We determine tetanus seroprotection rates and physician compliance with tetanus prophylaxis recommendations among patients presenting with wounds...
- Determinants of tetanus toxoid immunization in pregnancy in rural Bihar
Department of Health Services, UCLA School of Public Health, Room 31 299 CHS, Box 951772, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
Trop Doct 35:75-7. 2005
In order to increase the uptake of tetanus toxoid (TT) vaccination, we need to understand the factors that underlie the decision of the pregnant woman to undergo vaccination, especially in rural areas, where 75% of India's population ..
- Safety and immunogenicity of tetravalent pneumococcal vaccines containing 6B, 14, 19F and 23F polysaccharides conjugated to either tetanus toxoid or diphtheria toxoid in young infants and their boosterability by native polysaccharide antigens
Pediatric Infectious Disease Unit, Soroka University Medical Center and the Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Pediatr Infect Dis J 16:1053-9. 1997
..We assessed in young infants the safety and immunogenicity of two tetravalent vaccines containing pneumococcal 6B, 14, 19F and 23F polysaccharides conjugated to either tetanus toxoid (Pnc-T) or diphtheria toxoid (Pnc-D).
- Vaccination of adults 65 years of age and older with tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis vaccine (Boostrix(®)): results of two randomized trials
Wayde M Weston
GSK Biologicals, GlaxoSmithKline, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Vaccine 30:1721-8. 2012
..Pertussis can cause significant morbidity in elderly patients, who can also transmit this disease to infants and young children. There is little data available on the use of acellular pertussis vaccines in recipients ≥65 years of age...
- The tetravalent meningococcal serogroups A, C, W-135, and Y tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine is immunogenic with a clinically acceptable safety profile in subjects previously vaccinated with a tetravalent polysaccharide vaccine
Center for Infectious Diseases Research, American University of Beirut, PO Box 11 0236, Riad El Solh, Beirut 1107 2020, Lebanon
Int J Infect Dis 16:e608-15. 2012
The immunogenicity and safety of the tetravalent meningococcal serogroups A, C, W-135, and Y tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine (MenACWY-TT) were evaluated in subjects previously vaccinated with a tetravalent meningococcal polysaccharide ..
- [Regional variations of adult population vaccinal status]
Service de Maladies Infectieuses, Hotel Dieu, Clermont Ferrand, France
Med Mal Infect 34:460-8. 2004
..The authors had for aim to study the regional variations of vaccination coverage in adult population...
- Appropriate tetanus prophylaxis practices in patients attending Emergency Departments in Italy
Department of Public, Clinical and Preventive Medicine, Second University of Naples, Via Luciano Armanni, 5, 80138 Naples, Italy
Vaccine 26:3634-9. 2008
..This study evaluated the physician compliance with tetanus prophylaxis and immunization practices for patients with wounds attending Emergency Departments (EDs) of four randomly selected non-academic acute care public hospitals in Italy...
- Maternal tetanus toxoid vaccination and neonatal mortality in rural north India
Global Health and Social Care Unit, School of Health Sciences and Social Work, University of Portsmouth, Portsmouth, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e48891. 2012
..Preventable neonatal mortality due to tetanus infection remains common. We aimed to examine antenatal vaccination impact in a context of continuing high neonatal mortality in rural northern India...
- Immunogenicity and efficacy of Cryptococcus neoformans capsular polysaccharide glucuronoxylomannan peptide mimotope-protein conjugates in human immunoglobulin transgenic mice
Robert W Maitta
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Infect Immun 72:196-208. 2004
..P13 was conjugated to tetanus toxoid (TT) or diphtheria toxoid (DT) and administered subcutaneously in Alhydrogel with or without CpG to mice ..
- Proteins and their derived peptides as carriers in a conjugate vaccine for Streptococcus pneumoniae: self-heat shock protein 60 and tetanus toxoid
Department of Immunology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
J Immunol 170:6165-71. 2003
..to the capsular polysaccharide (CPS) of type 4 Pn; the carriers were self-heat shock protein 60 (HSP60) and tetanus toxoid (TT)...
- Tetanus antigen modulates the gene expression profile of aluminum phosphate adjuvant in spleen lymphocytes in vivo
Department of Pharmacy, Uppsala University, Sweden
Pharmacogenomics J 2:57-64. 2002
..profiles from spleen lymphocytes after in vivo immunization of mice with a clinically relevant vaccine, tetanus toxoid formulated with aluminum phosphate as adjuvant (TT(ADJ)), or the adjuvant alone (ADJ)...
- Acellular pertussis vaccine boosters combined with diphtheria and tetanus toxoid boosters for adolescents: safety and immunogenicity assessment when preceded by different 5-dose DTaP/DTwP schedules
Michael E Pichichero
Microbiology and Immunology, Pediatrics and Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 672, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 45:613-20. 2006
..Seroprotective levels and antibody concentrations were comparable regardless of prior DTaP/DTwP vaccine history. A sixth sequential dose of Tdap after 5 doses of DTaP appears safe and immunogenic...
- Development of a single dose tetanus toxoid formulation based on polymeric microspheres: a comparative study of poly(D,L-lactic-co-glycolic acid) versus chitosan microspheres
K S Jaganathan
Drug Delivery Research Laboratory, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dr Hari Singh Gour University, Sagar, Madhya Pradesh 470003 India
Int J Pharm 294:23-32. 2005
Stable polymeric microspheres capable of controlled release of tetanus toxoid (TT) for periods ranging from days to over months were developed...
- Synthesis and immunochemical studies on a Candida albicans cluster glycoconjugate vaccine
Alberta Ingenuity Centre for Carbohydrate Science, Department of Chemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB T6G 2G2, Canada
Org Biomol Chem 5:3477-85. 2007
..The clustered epitopes were conjugated to tetanus toxoid and bovine serum albumin...
- Whole-cell Bordetella pertussis vaccine component modulates the mouse immune response to an unrelated soluble antigen
María Victoria Lavigne
Instituto de Estudios de la Inmunidad Humoral, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Junin 956, 1113 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Microbes Infect 4:815-20. 2002
..Th1/Th2 cell differentiation during the immune response to another antigen, we analysed the immune response to tetanus toxoid (soluble antigen) in BALB/c mice immunized with one of the three following vaccines: tetanus and diphtheria ..
- Glycoconjugate vaccines and immune interference: A review
The Pediatric Infectious Disease Unit, The Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev and Soroka University Medical Center, Beer Sheva, Israel
Vaccine 28:5513-23. 2010
..The widely used carrier proteins are tetanus toxoid (TT), diphtheria toxoid (DT) and diphtheria toxoid variant CRM197 protein, DT conjugates being in general less ..
- Combined Haemophilus influenzae type b and Neisseria meningitidis serogroup C (HibMenC) or serogroup C and Y-tetanus toxoid conjugate (and HibMenCY) vaccines are well-tolerated and immunogenic when administered according to the 2,3,4 months schedule with
Children s Hospital, University of Mainz, Germany
Hum Vaccin 6:640-51. 2010
..study 792014 and 100381;www.clinicaltrial.govID:NCT00129116)..
- Lymphocyte responses to influenza and tetanus toxoid in vitro following intensive exercise and carbohydrate ingestion on consecutive days
Nicolette C Bishop
School of Sport and Exercise Sciences, Loughborough University, Leicestershire, UK
J Appl Physiol (1985) 99:1327-35. 2005
..This study investigated the effect of CHO ingestion during prolonged, intensive exercise on influenza- and tetanus toxoid-stimulated T-cell cytokine mRNA expression and proliferation...
- Reduction of pneumococcal nasopharyngeal carriage in early infancy after immunization with tetravalent pneumococcal vaccines conjugated to either tetanus toxoid or diphtheria toxoid
Pediatric Infectious Disease Unit, Soroka Medical Center and the Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Pediatr Infect Dis J 16:1060-4. 1997
..Pneumococcal nasopharyngeal colonization is important for transmission of the organisms. We assessed the ability of two tetravalent conjugate vaccines administered in early infancy to prevent carriage of vaccine-related pneumococci...
- Induction of high antitoxin titers against tetanus toxoid in rabbits by intranasal immunization with dextran microspheres
S Abolghasem Sajadi Tabassi
School of Pharmacy, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, P O Box 91775 1365, Mashhad, Iran
Int J Pharm 360:12-7. 2008
..Cross-linked dextran microspheres (CDMs) were loaded with tetanus toxoid (TT). In vitro release studies were performed in a model, simulating the nasal cavity...
- Physician compliance with tetanus guidelines for admitted versus discharged patients
Department of Emergency Medicine, North Shore, Long Island Jewish Health System, New Hyde Park, NY, USA
South Med J 99:234-8. 2006
..Despite a propensity to present with tetanus-prone wounds, patients admitted to the hospital were less likely to receive tetanus immunoprophylaxis in accordance with ACIP guidelines...
- Avidity of tetanus and Hib antibodies after childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia - implications for vaccination strategies
Department of Paediatrics, Goteborg University, The Queen Silvia Children s Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 95:701-6. 2006
To investigate the possible relationship between serum levels and avidities of antibodies against tetanus toxoid (TT) and Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) in children that were vaccinated after treatment for childhood acute ..
- A novel, helminth-derived immunostimulant enhances human recall responses to hepatitis C virus and tetanus toxoid and is dependent on CD56+ cells for its action
A J MacDonald
iQur Ltd, Mailpoint 811, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK
Clin Exp Immunol 152:265-73. 2008
..Recall responses of normal healthy donor (NHD) and chronic hepatitis C virus (c-HCV)-infected patient PBMC to tetanus toxoid (TT) or HCV core (HCVco) antigen, respectively, were measured by interferon-gamma enzyme-linked immunospot ..
- Salivary anti-capsular antibodies in infants and children immunised with Streptococcus pneumoniae capsular polysaccharides conjugated to diphtheria or tetanus toxoid
National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Vaccine 18:1218-26. 2000
..The children received Pnc conjugate vaccine (1, 3, or 10 micrograms of PSs conjugated to diphtheria or tetanus toxoid) or placebo at 2, 4, and 6 months. At 7 months of age salivary PS antibodies were detected rarely...
- Chitosan microparticles as oral delivery system for tetanus toxoid
Vijay J Ahire
Center of Relevance and Excellence in New Drug Delivery Systems TIFAC CORE in NDDS, Department of Pharmacy, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, India
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 33:1112-24. 2007
Systemic and local immune response against Chitosan encapsulated tetanus toxoid (CS-TT) microparticles is studied, prepared by ionic cross-linking using Sodium Tripolyphosphate (STPP)...
- Comparison of three enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays for detection of immunoglobulin g antibodies to tetanus toxoid with reference standards and the impact on clinical practice
Karen H van Hoeven
The Binding Site, Inc, 5889 Oberlin Dr, Ste 101, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 15:1751-4. 2008
Accurate determination of the concentrations of immunoglobulin G (IgG) antibody to tetanus toxoid is important in order to evaluate the immunogenicity of tetanus toxoid vaccines, determine immune competence in individual patients, and ..
- Nasal immunization studies using liposomes loaded with tetanus toxoid and CpG-ODN
School of Pharmacy, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran Pharmaceutical Research Center, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 64:138-45. 2006
To increase the systemic and mucosal immune responses against the nasally administered tetanus toxoid, liposomes as a drug delivery system and CpG-ODN as an adjuvant were evaluated...
- Oral delivery of tetanus toxoid using vesicles containing bile salts (bilosomes) induces significant systemic and mucosal immunity
Jamie F S Mann
Department of Immunology, Strathclyde Institute for Biomedical Sciences, John Arbuthnott Building, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow G4 0NR, UK
Methods 38:90-5. 2006
..In this comparative study, mice were immunised orally with tetanus toxoid (40 or 200 microg dose/mouse, four doses in total) entrapped in non-ionic surfactant vesicles formulated with ..
- Impact of rituximab therapy on response to tetanus toxoid vaccination in kidney-transplant patients
Laboratoire d Immunologie, CHU de Toulouse, Hopital Rangueil, France
Exp Clin Transplant 8:19-28. 2010
Rituximab is used after kidney transplant to prevention or treat kidney-allograft rejection. However, the impact of rituximab on the ability of patients to respond to tetanus toxoid vaccination has not yet been studied.
- Dextran microspheres could enhance immune responses against PLGA nanospheres encapsulated with tetanus toxoid and Quillaja saponins after nasal immunization in rabbit
School of Pharmacy, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
Pharm Dev Technol 16:36-43. 2011
..Co-encapsulation of QS and TT in PLGA nanospheres increased sIgA titers. In conclusion, the highest immune responses were observed by concomitant use of three adjuvants...
- A microassay for measurement of Fc function of human immunoglobulin preparations by using tetanus toxoid as antigen
Institute of Immunology, Rockefellerova 2, HR 10 000 Zagreb, Croatia
Biologicals 32:78-83. 2004
..We present a modification of the proposed method achieved by using more convenient and readily available tetanus toxoid as an alternative antigen target and by adapting the procedure for the use on microtitre plates, thus greatly ..
- Short-term atorvastatin treatment enhances specific antibody production following tetanus toxoid vaccination in healthy volunteers
Pui Y Lee
General Clinical Research Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Vaccine 24:4035-40. 2006
..To determine whether short-term atorvastatin treatment affects the acute phase and humoral immune responses to tetanus toxoid (TT) in normal healthy volunteers, we conducted a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled trial...
- Immunization with meningococcal polysaccharide-tetanus toxoid conjugate induces polysaccharide-reactive T cells in mice
Division of Monoclonal Antibodies, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, 8800 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Vaccine 22:1290-9. 2004
..were generated from mice immunized with a meningococcal group C (alpha2 --> 9-sialic acid) polysaccharide-tetanus toxoid (MCPS-TT) conjugate...
- Synthesis, characterization, and immunological properties in mice of conjugates composed of detoxified lipopolysaccharide of Salmonella paratyphi A bound to tetanus toxoid with emphasis on the role of O acetyls
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Infect Immun 64:2709-15. 1996
..Szu, Infect. Immun. 60:4679-4686, 1992), conjugates composed of the detoxified LPS of S. paratyphi A bound to tetanus toxoid (TT) were prepared by several schemes...
- Coverage and factors associated with tetanus toxoid vaccination status among females of reproductive age in Peshawar
Naseem Khan Afridi
Department of Health, Provincial Health Services Academy, Peshawar
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 15:391-5. 2005
To estimate the coverage and determine the factors associated with tetanus toxoid vaccination status among females of reproductive age.
- Long-term maternal effect on offspring immune response in song sparrows Melospiza melodia
Jane M Reid
School of Biological Sciences, Zoology Building, University of Aberdeen, Tillydrone Avenue, Aberdeen AB24 2TZ, UK
Biol Lett 2:573-6. 2006
..These data demonstrate substantial long-term effects of maternal immune experience on the humoral immune response of fully grown offspring in free-living birds...
- Effects of prior polysaccharide vaccination on magnitude, duration, and quality of immune responses to and safety profile of a meningococcal serogroup C tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccination in adults
Immunisation Department, Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, Health Protection Agency, 61 Colindale Ave, Colindale, London, United Kingdom
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 11:1100-4. 2004
..The study shows that MCC-TT is safe and immunogenic in naive and previously MACP-vaccinated adults, though the magnitude and persistence of postvaccination SBA responses in the latter group were lower...
- Network connectivity is shown to change in C57BL/6 mice during a continuing immune response subsequent to tetanus toxoid hyperimmunization
Irena P Zivkovic
Department of Research and Development, Institute of Virology, Vaccines and Sera Torlak, Vojvode Stepe 458, Belgrade, Serbia
Biol Res 43:393-402. 2010
We have already demonstrated (Stojanovic et al., 2009) a connection between tetanus toxoid (TTd) hyperimmunization and the induction of anti-phospholipid syndrome (APS) in BALB/c mice...
- [Factors associated with tetanus vaccination coverage in adults in France and with knowledge of vaccination status]
J P Guthmann
Unité des maladies à prévention vaccinale, Departement des Maladies Infectieuses, Institut de Veille Sanitaire, 12, rue du Val d Osne, 94415 Saint Maurice Cedex, France
Med Mal Infect 40:560-7. 2010
..The latest national figures showed that only 62% of adults were up-to-date for this vaccination. We tried to determine the factors associated with vaccination coverage and with knowledge of vaccination status...
- Tetanus toxoid-loaded transfersomes for topical immunization
Prem N Gupta
Drug Delivery Research Laboratory, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dr Harisingh Gour University, Sagar M P 470003, India
J Pharm Pharmacol 57:295-301. 2005
..deformable lipid vesicles called transfersomes were used in this study for the non-invasive delivery of tetanus toxoid (TT)...
- Adequate immune response to tetanus toxoid and failure of vitamin A and E supplementation to enhance antibody response in healthy children
Ege University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Paediatrics, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Vaccine 18:2979-84. 2000
The effects of vitamin A and vitamin E supplementation on the IgG response to tetanus toxoid after primary immunization were evaluated in a prospective, randomized controlled clinical trial involving 89 healthy infants with normal serum ..
- Immediate and longer term immunogenicity of a single dose of the combined haemophilus influenzae type B-Neisseria meningitidis serogroup C-tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine in primed toddlers 12 to 18 months of age
National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, Australia
Pediatr Infect Dis J 30:340-2. 2011
..15 μg/mL. After 12 months, rSBA titer ≥ 8 persisted in 86.7% and 76.4%, and anti-PRP concentration ≥ 0.15 μg/mL persisted in 98.8% and 100% of children, respectively...
- Frequent failure of adolescent booster responses to tetanus toxoid despite infant immunization: waning of infancy-induced immune memory?
Klara M Posfay-Barbe
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospitals of Geneva, Switzerland
Vaccine 28:4356-61. 2010
To define the capacity of a tetanus toxoid booster to reactivate infant-triggered immunity, anti-tetanus antibodies were assessed before and after boosting 162 adolescents and 219 children from Mfou (Cameroon)...
- The evaluation of immune responses to hepatitis B vaccination in diabetic and non-diabetic haemodialysis patients and the use of tetanus toxoid
Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, Medical Faculty, Mustafa Kemal University, Hatay, Turkey
Nephrology (Carlton) 13:487-91. 2008
..from diabetes mellitus could be considered at risk for the development of the protective antibodies to hepatitis B (HB) vaccination and, to evaluate the effectiveness of tetanus toxoid (TT) administrated 2 days before HB vaccination.
- A new combination haemophilus influenzae type B and Neisseria meningitidis serogroup C-tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine for primary immunization of infants
Oxford Vaccine Group, Centre for Clinical Vaccinology and Tropical Medicine, Department of Paediatrics, University of Oxford, Churchill Hospital, Headington, Oxford, OX3 7LJ, UK
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:1057-9. 2007
..and safety of a novel combined Haemophilus influenzae type b and Neisseria meningitidis serogroup C tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine, Hib-MenC-TT in a 2-, 3-, and 4-month primary infant immunization schedule...
- Transcutaneous immunization with tetanus toxoid and mutants of Escherichia coli heat-labile enterotoxin as adjuvants elicits strong protective antibody responses
Division of Bacteriology, National Institute for Biological Standards and Control, Potters Bar, United Kingdom
J Infect Dis 188:753-8. 2003
..compared with that of a cytosine phosphodiester-guanine (CpG) motif, after transcutaneous immunization with tetanus toxoid (TT)...
- An investigational tetravalent meningococcal serogroups A, C, W-135 and Y-tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine co-administered with Infanrix™ hexa is immunogenic, with an acceptable safety profile in 12-23-month-old children
Pediatrics Infectious Diseases, University Medicine, Mainz, Germany
Vaccine 29:4264-73. 2011
..ACWY-TT and DTaP-HBV-IPV/Hib co-administration during the second year would facilitate introduction of ACWY-TT into routine toddler vaccination schedules...
- ProJuvant (Pluronic F127/chitosan) enhances the immune response to intranasally administered tetanus toxoid
M A Westerink
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Ohio, 3055 Arlington Avenue, Toledo, OH 43614, USA
Vaccine 20:711-23. 2001
..In this study we have examined the effect of mucosal administration of tetanus toxoid (TT) in the presence of a non-ionic block copolymer, Pluronic F127 (F127), with chitosan or ..
- A novel cell penetrating aspartic protease inhibitor blocks processing and presentation of tetanus toxoid more efficiently than pepstatin A
Medical and Natural Sciences Research Centre, University of Tubingen, Ob dem Himmelreich 7, 72074 Tubingen, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 364:243-9. 2007
..Additionally, we found that PepA-P efficiently inhibited the tetanus toxoid C-fragment processing in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC), primary DC and in primary B cells...
- Immunogenicity of a Haemophilus influenzae type b-tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine when mixed with a diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis-hepatitis B combination vaccine
D P Greenberg
UCLA Center for Vaccine Research, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Torrance, CA, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 19:1135-40. 2000
..vaccine that contains diphtheria and tetanus toxoids and acellular pertussis antigens (DTaP), recombinant hepatitis B surface antigen (HepB) and Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) polysaccharide conjugated to tetanus toxoid (PRP-T).
- Use of tetanus toxoid as a differentiating infected from vaccinated animals (DIVA) strategy for sero-surveillance of avian influenza virus vaccination in poultry
Cassandra M James
School of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, Division of Health Sciences, Murdoch University, South Street, Perth, 6150 Western Australia, Australia
Vaccine 25:5892-901. 2007
..We propose a novel DIVA approach for chickens using tetanus toxoid (TT) as an exogenous marker independent of serotype and relatedness of circulating and vaccine strains...
- Antihepatitis B response to hepatitis B vaccine administered simultaneously with tetanus toxoid in nonresponder individuals
Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, Medical Faculty of Kadir Has University, Vefabey Sokak No 5, 80 810 Gayrettepe, Istanbul, Turkey
Vaccine 21:243-6. 2002
..effect of simultaneous administration of preS2 and S containing recombinant hepatitis B vaccine (S2SRHB) with tetanus toxoid (TT) to the individuals who did not respond after three doses of hepatitis B vaccine previously...
- A randomized, multicenter, open-label clinical trial to assess the immunogenicity of a meningococcal C vaccine booster dose administered to children aged 14 to 18 months
CSISP, Centro Superior de Investigacion en Salud Publica Center for Public Health Research, Valencia, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:148-52. 2010
..A booster meningococcal C (MenC) vaccine dose is recommended after the first year of life. The objective of this study was to assess its immunogenicity and factors that modify the immunoresponse...
- Vaccination response to tetanus toxoid and 23-valent pneumococcal vaccines following administration of a single dose of abatacept: a randomized, open-label, parallel group study in healthy subjects
Clinical Discovery, Bristol Myers Squibb, PO Box 4000, Princeton, NJ 08543 4000, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 9:R38. 2007
..study, the effect of a single 750 mg infusion of abatacept on the antibody response to the intramuscular tetanus toxoid vaccine (primarily a memory response to a T-cell-dependent peptide antigen) and the intramuscular 23-valent ..
- Risk factors for neonatal tetanus--Busoga region, Uganda, 2002-2003
Sheba N Gitta
Makerere University Institute of Public Health, Kampala, Uganda
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 55:25-30. 2006
..The Busoga region has the highest recorded level of NNT incidence in Uganda. To understand the reasons for this high incidence, a study was conducted to identify NNT risk factors...
- Dose response of CRM197 and tetanus toxoid-conjugated Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccines
Robin E Huebner
Respiratory and Meningeal Pathogens Research Unit of the Medical Research Council, National Health Laboratory Service and the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Vaccine 23:802-6. 2004
..625, 1.25, 2.5, 5.0 and 10 microg) of either a diphtheria CRM197 or tetanus toxoid-conjugated Hib vaccine...