Genomes and Genes
Summary: Vaccines or candidate vaccines used to prevent ANTHRAX.
Publications192 found, 100 shown here
- Evaluation of the compatibility of a second generation recombinant anthrax vaccine with aluminum-containing adjuvantsScott Jendrek
Building 320, SAIC Frederick Inc, National Cancer Institute, Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Vaccine 21:3011-8. 2003..These data suggest that the interaction between rPA and aluminum hydroxide adjuvant is predominantly electrostatic in character...
- Mouse model characterisation for anthrax vaccine development: comparison of one inbred and one outbred mouse strainH C Flick-Smith
Defence Science and Technology Laboratory, Porton Down, Salisbury SP4 0JQ, UK
Microb Pathog 38:33-40. 2005..An assessment of protection in the TO mouse against aerosol challenge with the fully virulent strain of B. anthracis, Ames, was also made...
- Effects of a reduced dose schedule and intramuscular administration of anthrax vaccine adsorbed on immunogenicity and safety at 7 months: a randomized trialNina Marano
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
JAMA 300:1532-43. 2008..In 1999, the US Congress directed the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to conduct a pivotal safety and efficacy study of anthrax vaccine adsorbed (AVA)...
- Anthrax, toxins and vaccines: a 125-year journey targeting Bacillus anthracisJean Nicolas Tournier
CRSSA, Unité Interactions Hôte Pathogène, Département de Biologie des Agents Transmissibles, BP 87, F 38702 La Tronche, France
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 7:219-36. 2009..anthracis, which will logically lead to better vaccines (and therapeutics), there also needs to be the same level of open-mindedness applied to the politics of anthrax...
- A plant based protective antigen [PA(dIV)] vaccine expressed in chloroplasts demonstrates protective immunity in mice against anthraxJyotsna Gorantala
Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering, School of Biotechnology, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
Vaccine 29:4521-33. 2011The currently available anthrax vaccines are limited by being incompletely characterized, potentially reactogenic and have an expanded dosage schedule. Plant based vaccines offer safe alternative for vaccine production...
- Development of a highly efficacious vaccinia-based dual vaccine against smallpox and anthrax, two important bioterror entitiesTod J Merkel
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:18091-6. 2010....
- Anthrax vaccine powder formulations for nasal mucosal deliveryGe Jiang
BD Technologies, 21 Davis Dr, RTP, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Pharm Sci 95:80-96. 2006..In combination with noninvasive intranasal delivery, such powder formulations may offer an attractive approach for mass biodefense immunization...
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde: a short history of anthraxMaxime Schwartz
Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Docteur Roux, 75015 Paris, France
Mol Aspects Med 30:347-55. 2009..Infection of animals can be prevented by the administration of vaccines, the first of which was developed by Pasteur after an historical testing at Pouilly-le-Fort which marked the beginning of the science of vaccines...
- Mucosal or parenteral administration of microsphere-associated Bacillus anthracis protective antigen protects against anthrax infection in miceHelen C Flick-Smith
Dstl, Chemical and Biological Sciences, Porton Down, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP4 0JQ, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 70:2022-8. 2002Existing licensed anthrax vaccines are administered parenterally and require multiple doses to induce protective immunity. This requires trained personnel and is not the optimum route for stimulating a mucosal immune response...
- Frequency of epitope-specific naive CD4(+) T cells correlates with immunodominance in the human memory repertoireWilliam W Kwok
Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason, Seattle, WA 98101 2795, USA
J Immunol 188:2537-44. 2012..These findings implicate naive frequencies as a crucial factor in shaping the epitope specificity of memory CD4(+) T cell responses...
- A requirement for FcγR in antibody-mediated bacterial toxin neutralizationNareen Abboud
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Division of Infectious Diseases, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Exp Med 207:2395-405. 2010..These findings highlight a new parameter for evaluating vaccine responses and the possibility of harnessing optimal FcγR interactions in the design of passive immunization strategies...
- Vaccine-induced protection against anthrax in cheetah (Acinonyx jubatus) and black rhinoceros (Diceros bicornis)P C B Turnbull
Arjemptur Technology, Science Park, Dstl, Porton Down, Salisbury SP4 0JQ, UK
Vaccine 22:3340-7. 2004..At least one well-separated booster does appear to be desirable. Vaccination of rhino also appears to be justified from the limited data obtained...
- Mucosal immunization with a novel nanoemulsion-based recombinant anthrax protective antigen vaccine protects against Bacillus anthracis spore challengeAnna U Bielinska
Michigan Nanotechnology Institute for Medicine and Biological Sciences, University of Michigan, 1150 West Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0648, USA
Infect Immun 75:4020-9. 2007..This potentially could lead to a needle-free anthrax vaccine requiring fewer doses and having fewer side effects than the currently available human vaccine...
- Anthrax capsule vaccine protects against experimental infectionDonald J Chabot
US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, 1425 Porter Street, Frederick, MD 21701, USA
Vaccine 23:43-7. 2004..Surprisingly, some protection was also observed when protective antigen was conjugated to itself...
- A three-dose intramuscular injection schedule of anthrax vaccine adsorbed generates sustained humoral and cellular immune responses to protective antigen and provides long-term protection against inhalation anthrax in rhesus macaquesConrad P Quinn
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 19:1730-45. 2012..Vaccinated animals surviving inhalation anthrax developed high-magnitude anamnestic anti-PA IgG and TNA responses...
- Anthrax as a biological weapon, 2002: updated recommendations for managementThomas V Inglesby
Johns Hopkins Center for Civilian Biodefense Strategies, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21202, USA
JAMA 287:2236-52. 2002..To review and update consensus-based recommendations for medical and public health professionals following a Bacillus anthracis attack against a civilian population...
- Protective immunization against inhalational anthrax: a comparison of minimally invasive delivery platformsJohn A Mikszta
BD Technologies, 21 Davis Dr, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
J Infect Dis 191:278-88. 2005..The novel vaccine/device combinations described here have the potential to improve the efficacy of rPA and other biodefense vaccines...
- Anthrax spores make an essential contribution to vaccine efficacyFabien Brossier
Unité des Toxines et Pathogénie Bactérienne CNRS URA 2172, Institut Pasteur, 75725 Paris Cedex 15, France
Infect Immun 70:661-4. 2002..Guinea pigs and mice had very different susceptibilities to infection with the nontoxigenic strain, highlighting the importance of verifying the pertinence of animal models for evaluating anthrax vaccines.
- Efficacy of a human anthrax vaccine in guinea pigs, rabbits, and rhesus macaques against challenge by Bacillus anthracis isolates of diverse geographical originP F Fellows
Bacteriology Division, United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Fort Detrick, Frederick, MD 21702 5011, USA
Vaccine 19:3241-7. 2001..These studies demonstrated that, although AVA confers variable protection against different B. anthracis isolates in guinea pigs, it is highly protective against these same isolates in both rabbits and rhesus macaques...
- Rabies virus glycoprotein as a carrier for anthrax protective antigenMary Ellen Smith
Department of Microbiology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Virology 353:344-56. 2006..These data demonstrate that a viral envelope protein can carry a bacterial protein and that a viral carrier can display whole polypeptides compared to the limited epitope presentation of previous viral systems...
- Human monoclonal antibodies generated following vaccination with AVA provide neutralization by blocking furin cleavage but not by preventing oligomerizationKenneth Smith
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, 825 NE 13th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Vaccine 30:4276-83. 2012..These fully human antibodies provide insight into the neutralizing response to AVA for future subunit vaccine and passive immunotherapeutic cocktail design...
- Salmonella enterica serovar typhimurium expressing a chromosomally integrated copy of the Bacillus anthracis protective antigen gene protects mice against an anthrax spore challengeHelen S Garmory
Defence Science and Technology Laboratory, Salisbury SP4 0JQ, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 71:3831-6. 2003..These mice were protected against intraperitoneal challenge with 100 or 1,000 50% lethal doses of B. anthracis strain STI. This work contributes to the development of a Salmonella-based orally delivered anthrax vaccine...
- Development of an improved vaccine for anthraxStephen H Leppla
National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4350, USA
J Clin Invest 110:141-4. 2002
- Correlation between lethal toxin-neutralizing antibody titers and protection from intranasal challenge with Bacillus anthracis Ames strain spores in mice after transcutaneous immunization with recombinant anthrax protective antigenKristina K Peachman
Department of Vaccine Production and Delivery, Division of Retrovirology, U S Military HIV Research Program, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, 1600 East Gude Drive, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Infect Immun 74:794-7. 2006..Future experiments with rabbits and nonhuman primates should confirm the significance of protection by this vaccine strategy...
- Defining a serological correlate of protection in rabbits for a recombinant anthrax vaccineS F Little
Bacteriology Division, United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, 1425 Porter Street, Fort Detrick, Frederick, MD 21702 5011, USA
Vaccine 22:422-30. 2004..0015) of protection against a B. anthracis aerosol spore challenge in rabbits...
- Anthrax vaccination induced anti-lethal factor IgG: fine specificity and neutralizing capacitySherry R Crowe
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, 825 N E 13th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Vaccine 29:3670-8. 2011..Findings from these studies have important implications for vaccine design and immunotherapeutic development...
- Long-lasting T cell responses to biological warfare vaccines in human vaccineesJennifer S Allen
Department of Immunobiology, School of Medicine, King s College London School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Clin Infect Dis 43:1-7. 2006....
- In vitro correlate of immunity in a rabbit model of inhalational anthraxM L Pitt
United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Fort Detrick, Frederick, MD 21702 5011, USA
Vaccine 19:4768-73. 2001..Results showed that antibody levels to PA at both 6 and 10 weeks were significant (P<0.0001) predictors of survival...
- Anthrax toxin: a tripartite lethal combinationPaolo Ascenzi
Department of Biology and Interdepartmental Laboratory for Electron Microscopy, University Roma Tre, Viale G Marconi 446, 00146, Rome, Italy
FEBS Lett 531:384-8. 2002..Inhibitors targeting different steps of toxin activity have recently been developed. Anthrax toxin has also been exploited as a therapeutic agent against cancer...
- Molecular basis for improved anthrax vaccinesRobert N Brey
DOR BioPharma, Inc, 1691 Michigan Avenue, Suite 435, Miami, FL 33139, USA
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 57:1266-92. 2005..The next generation anthrax vaccines will be derived from the thorough understanding of the interaction of virulence factors with human and animal ..
- Immunological correlates for protection against intranasal challenge of Bacillus anthracis spores conferred by a protective antigen-based vaccine in rabbitsShay Weiss
Department of Infectious Diseases, Israel Institute for Biological Research, P O Box 19, Ness Ziona, Israel 74100
Infect Immun 74:394-8. 2006..In conclusion, this study emphasizes that regardless of the immunization regimen or the time of challenge, neutralizing antibody titers are better predictors of protection than total anti-PA titers...
- A genome-wide association study of host genetic determinants of the antibody response to Anthrax Vaccine AdsorbedNicholas M Pajewski
Department of Biostatistical Sciences, Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1063, USA
Vaccine 30:4778-84. 2012..032). Future studies will be required to replicate these findings in European Americans and to further elucidate the host genetic factors underlying variable immune response to AVA...
- The role of HLA-DR-DQ haplotypes in variable antibody responses to anthrax vaccine adsorbedN M Pajewski
Section on Statistical Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0022, USA
Genes Immun 12:457-65. 2011..Further studies will be required to replicate these findings and to explore the role of host genetic variation outside of the HLA region...
- Natural exposure to cutaneous anthrax gives long-lasting T cell immunity encompassing infection-specific epitopesRebecca J Ingram
Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunity, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
J Immunol 184:3814-21. 2010..Although serological responses to existing anthrax vaccines focus primarily on protective Ag, the major target of T cell immunity in infected individuals and anthrax-..
- Past, imminent and future human medical countermeasures for anthraxL W J Baillie
Biodefence Initiative, Medical Biotechnology Center, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, Baltimore, 21201, USA
J Appl Microbiol 101:594-606. 2006..This brief review will describe the efforts being made to address these issues...
- Key roles of dendritic cells in lung infection and improving anthrax vaccinesJean Nicolas Tournier
Unité Interactions Hôte Agents Pathogènes, Departement de Microbiologie, Institut de Recherche Biomédicale des Armées, La Tronche, France
Trends Mol Med 16:303-12. 2010..anthracis infection and its effects on lung immune mechanisms. Vaccines strategies that mobilize protective mucosal and systemic immunity against this deadly microbe are highlighted...
- Cutting Edge: IFN-gamma-producing CD4 T lymphocytes mediate spore-induced immunity to capsulated Bacillus anthracisIan Justin Glomski
Unité des Toxines et Pathogénie Bactérienne, Institut Pasteur, 28 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Immunol 178:2646-50. 2007..These results are the first evidence of protective cellular immunity against capsulated B. anthracis and suggest that future antianthrax vaccines should strive to augment cellular adaptive immunity...
- Interlaboratory comparison of results of an anthrax lethal toxin neutralization assay for assessment of functional antibodies in multiple speciesKristian S Omland
Precision Bioassay, Burlington, Vermont, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 15:946-53. 2008..lethal toxin neutralization assay (TNA) will likely be used to correlate the protection offered by new anthrax vaccines in animal models to the immunogenicity that will be provided in humans...
- Structural and immunological analysis of anthrax recombinant protective antigen adsorbed to aluminum hydroxide adjuvantLeslie Wagner
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration Bethesda, MD, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 19:1465-73. 2012New anthrax vaccines currently under development are based on recombinant protective antigen (rPA) and formulated with aluminum adjuvant...
- Detection of anthrax vaccine virulence factors by polymerase chain reactionA Fasanella
Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale della Puglia e della Basilicata, Via Manfredonia 20, 71100, Foggia, Italy
Vaccine 19:4214-8. 2001..This study showed that the 'Carbosap' vaccine strain has a different plasmid pattern in comparison to Pasteur vaccine strain SS104 and Sterne vaccine strain F34...
- Validation and long term performance characteristics of a quantitative enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for human anti-PA IgGV A Semenova
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, 1600 Clifton Rd, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Immunol Methods 376:97-107. 2012..is essential for comparative analyses of anti-toxin immune responses in anthrax cases, recipients of PA-based anthrax vaccines and for evaluation of anti-PA based immunotherapies...
- Towards a human oral vaccine for anthrax: the utility of a Salmonella Typhi Ty21a-based prime-boost immunization strategyLeslie W J Baillie
Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff University, King Edward VII Avenue, Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Vaccine 26:6083-91. 2008..The results of this study demonstrate the feasibility of employing a mucosal prime with a licensed Salmonella Typhi vaccine strain followed by a parenteral protein boost to stimulate rapid protective immunity against anthrax...
- Validation of the anthrax lethal toxin neutralization assayDonna Hering
Product Development and Regulatory Affairs, US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases 1425 Porter Street, Fort Detrick, Frederick, MD 21702 5011, USA
Biologicals 32:17-27. 2004..The work was performed in accordance with the FDA's Bioanalytical Method Validation Guidance for Industry and the FDA's Good Laboratory Practice for Nonclinical Laboratory Studies (21 CFR Part 58)...
- Induction of neutralizing antibody responses to anthrax protective antigen by using influenza virus vectors: implications for disparate immune system priming pathwaysWilliam A Langley
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory University School of Medicine, 1510 Clifton Road, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Virol 84:8300-7. 2010..In some cases, such toxin-neutralizing activity was notably high, indicating that the mechanisms by which immunity is primed by live influenza virus vectors may have beneficial properties...
- Evaluation of immune response to orally administered Sterne strain 34F2 anthrax vaccineKrishna P Shakya
Louisiana State University, School of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Pathobiological Sciences, Skip Bertman Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, United States
Vaccine 25:5374-7. 2007....
- Anthrax vaccination strategiesRobert J Cybulski
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814 4799, United States
Mol Aspects Med 30:490-502. 2009..anthracis organism, are under active investigation. This review seeks to summarize work that has been done to build on the current PA-based vaccine methodology and to evaluate the search for future anthrax prophylaxis strategies...
- Advances in the development of next-generation anthrax vaccinesArthur M Friedlander
United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Headquarters, 1425 Porter Street, Fort Detrick, MD 21702 5011, USA
Vaccine 27:D28-32. 2009..Attempts to broaden the protection afforded by PA-based vaccines have focused on adding other B. anthracis components, including spore and capsule antigens...
- Comparability of ELISA and toxin neutralization to measure immunogenicity of Protective Antigen in mice, as part of a potency test for anthrax vaccinesP M Parreiras
Oswaldo Cruz Foundation, Research Center Rene Rachou, Av Augusto de Lima 1715, Belo Horizonte, MG 30190 002, Brazil
Vaccine 27:4537-42. 2009..of lethal challenge models have prompted the investigation of immunogenicity assays as potency tests of anthrax vaccines. An ELISA and a lethal toxin neutralization assay (TNA) were used to measure antibody response to Protective ..
- 2-D reference map of Bacillus anthracis vaccine strain A16R proteinsJunjun Wang
State Key Laboratory of Pathogens and Biosecurity, Beijing, China
Proteomics 5:4488-95. 2005..Maps and information about all identified proteins are available on the Internet at http://www.mpiib-berlin.mpg.de/2D-PAGE and http://www.proteomics.com.cn...
- Increased potency of BioThrax anthrax vaccine with the addition of the C-class CpG oligonucleotide adjuvant CPG 10109Mili Gu
Emergent BioSolutions, 300 Professional Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20879, USA
Vaccine 25:526-34. 2007....
- Evaluation of an anti-rPA IgG ELISA for measuring the antibody response in miceS F Little
United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Disease, Bacteriology Division, 1425 Porter Street, Fort Detrick, Frederick, MD 21702 5011, USA
Biologicals 32:62-9. 2004....
- Anthrax vaccines: Pasteur to the presentA Scorpio
Bacteriology Division, United States Army Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, 1425 Porter Street, Fort Detrick, Frederick, Maryland 21701, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 63:2237-48. 2006..Due to animal vaccinations, the rate of infection has dropped dramatically. Anthrax vaccines have progressed from uncharacterized whole-cell vaccines in 1881, to pXO2-negative spores in the 1930s, to ..
- Characterisation of adsorbed anthrax vaccine by two-dimensional gel electrophoresisG C Whiting
Division of Bacteriology, National Institute for Biological Standards and Control, Blanche Lane, South Mimms, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire EN6 3QG, UK
Vaccine 22:4245-51. 2004..The use of proteomics can provide useful information on the antigenic make up of this vaccine and the consistency of vaccine production...
- Anthrax vaccinesMiroslav Splino
Department of Epidemiology, Military Medical Academy, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Ann Saudi Med 25:143-9. 2005..In Russia, live spore vaccine (STI) has been used in a two-dose schedule. Current anthrax vaccines show considerable local and general reactogenicity (erythema, induration, soreness, fever)...
- Multicomponent anthrax toxin display and delivery using bacteriophage T4Sathish B Shivachandra
Department of Biology, 103 McCort Ward Hall, The Catholic University of America, 620 Michigan Ave, NE, Washington, DC 20064, USA
Vaccine 25:1225-35. 2007..These features offer novel avenues to develop customized multicomponent vaccines against anthrax and other pathogenic diseases...
- Immunologic response of unvaccinated workers exposed to anthrax, BelgiumPierre Wattiau
Veterinary and Agro chemical Research Centre, Department of Bacterial Diseases, Brussels, Belgium
Emerg Infect Dis 15:1637-40. 2009..Of 66 workers, approximately 10% had circulating antibodies or T lymphocytes that reacted with anthrax protective antigen. Individual immunity varied from undetectable to high...
- A recombinant carboxy-terminal domain of the protective antigen of Bacillus anthracis protects mice against anthrax infectionHelen C Flick-Smith
Dstl, Chemical and Biological Sciences, Porton Down, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP4 0JQ, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 70:1653-6. 2002..Results show that protection can be attributed to individual domains and imply that it is domain 4 which contains the dominant protective epitopes of PA...
- Immunogenicity of Bacillus anthracis protective antigen domains and efficacy of elicited antibody responses depend on host genetic backgroundNareen Abboud
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 15:1115-23. 2008..The results suggest that the variability observed in vaccination studies with PA-derived vaccines is a result of host heterogeneity and implies a need to develop other antigens as vaccine candidates...
- A cationic lipid-formulated plasmid DNA vaccine confers sustained antibody-mediated protection against aerosolized anthrax sporesG Hermanson
Vical Inc, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:13601-6. 2004..Preclinical evaluation of this cationic lipid-formulated bivalent PA and LF vaccine is complete, and the vaccine has received U.S. Food and Drug Administration Investigational New Drug allowance...
- Adverse medical events in British service personnel following anthrax vaccinationJoanne E Enstone
Division of Public Health Sciences, University of Nottingham Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, UK
Vaccine 21:1348-54. 2003..The anthrax vaccine resulted in mild side-effects in 11%, and no serious side-effects were observed. Acceptors of vaccine did not have significantly more medical consultations following vaccination than their unvaccinated counterparts...
- Is new always better than old?: The development of human vaccines for anthraxLeslie W Baillie
Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff University, Wales, UK
Hum Vaccin 5:806-16. 2009..If we are to respond effectively to emerging biological threats we need to develop processes that generate protective vaccines in a meaningful time frame and yield products in months not decades!..
- Duration of protection of rabbits after vaccination with Bacillus anthracis recombinant protective antigen vaccineS F Little
United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Bacteriology Division, 1425 Porter Street, Fort Detrick, Frederick, MD 21702 5033, USA
Vaccine 24:2530-6. 2006..Neither gender nor challenge dose were identified as having a statistically significant effect on survival. Booster vaccinations with rPA may be required for the long-term protection of rabbits against anthrax...
- Immunogenicity of recombinant protective antigen and efficacy against aerosol challenge with anthraxE D Williamson
Defence Science and Technology Laboratory Porton Down, Salisbury, Wilts SP4 0JQ, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 73:5978-87. 2005..anthracis. These data provide some preliminary evidence for the existence of immune correlates of protection against anthrax infection in rhesus macaques immunized with rPA...
- Bacillus anthracis: balancing innocent research with dual-use potentialMichael J Hudson
Health Protection Agency, Porton Down, Salisbury, UK
Int J Med Microbiol 298:345-64. 2008..networking activities between anthrax research groups in Europe and to harmonise protocols for testing anthrax vaccines and therapeutics...
- Safety of anthrax vaccine: a review by the Anthrax Vaccine Expert Committee (AVEC) of adverse events reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)John L Sever
Departments of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Microbiology and Immunology, Children s National Medical Center, George Washington University, School of Medicine, 111 Michigan Avenue, N W, Washington, DC 20010 2970, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 11:189-202. 2002..To assess the safety of a licensed anthrax vaccine given to nearly 400,000 US military personnel, reports of adverse events (AEs) submitted to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) were reviewed and evaluated medically...
- Development of an in vitro-based potency assay for anthrax vaccineS F Little
United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, 1425 Porter Street, Fort Detrick, MD 21702 5033, USA
Vaccine 22:2843-52. 2004..An advantage of the proposed in vitro-based potency assay is that it will not need stringent biosafety containment measures as required by the current guinea pig potency assay...
- An anthrax subunit vaccine candidate based on protective regions of Bacillus anthracis protective antigen and lethal factorLes W Baillie
Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff University, King Edward VII Avenue, Cardiff, CF10 3NB, Wales, UK
Vaccine 28:6740-8. 2010Studies have confirmed the key role of Bacillus anthracis protective antigen (PA) in the US and UK human anthrax vaccines. However, given the tripartite nature of the toxin, other components, including lethal factor (LF), are also likely ..
- The anthrax vaccine adsorbed vaccine generates protective antigen (PA)-Specific CD4+ T cells with a phenotype distinct from that of naive PA T cellsWilliam W Kwok
Benaroya Research Institute, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Infect Immun 76:4538-45. 2008..The data also demonstrated the feasibility of using class II tetramers to analyze CD4(+) cell responses and lineage development after vaccination...
- Recent progress in the development of anthrax vaccinesManpreet Kaur
Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering, School of Biotechnology, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 110067, India
Recent Pat Biotechnol 5:148-59. 2011..A number of approaches are being investigated to substitute or supplement the existing anthrax vaccines. These relied on expression of Protective antigen (PA), the key protective immunogen; in bacterial or plant ..
- An in vivo passive protection assay for the evaluation of immunity in AVA-vaccinated individualsJohn F Hewetson
United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infections Diseases USAMRIID, Fort Detrick, MD 21702, United States
Vaccine 26:4262-6. 2008..This analytical method may provide additional opportunities to compare the efficacy of improved anthrax vaccines with the licensed vaccine.
- Oral administration of a Salmonella enterica-based vaccine expressing Bacillus anthracis protective antigen confers protection against aerosolized B. anthracisMargaret G M Stokes
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Defence Science and Technology Laboratory, Porton Down, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP4 0JQ, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 75:1827-34. 2007..Thus, we demonstrate for the first time the efficacy of an oral S. enterica-based vaccine against aerosolized B. anthracis spores...
- Phase I study of safety and immunogenicity of an Escherichia coli-derived recombinant protective antigen (rPA) vaccine to prevent anthrax in adultsBruce K Brown
United States Military HIV Research Program, Henry M Jackson Foundation, Rockville, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e13849. 2010..In this report we describe a phase I clinical trial testing the safety and immunogenicity of an anthrax vaccine using recombinant Escherichia coli-derived, B. anthracis protective antigen (rPA)...
- Sequential B-cell epitopes of Bacillus anthracis lethal factor bind lethal toxin-neutralizing antibodiesMelissa L Nguyen
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Infect Immun 77:162-9. 2009..This study paves the way for a more effective anthrax vaccine by identifying discontinuous peptide epitopes of LF...
- Rabbit and nonhuman primate models of toxin-targeting human anthrax vaccinesAndrew J Phipps
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210 1093, USA
Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 68:617-29. 2004..This article reviews the efficacy and immunogenicity of human anthrax vaccines in well-defined animal models and the progress toward developing a rugged immunologic correlate of protection...
- The major neutralizing antibody responses to recombinant anthrax lethal and edema factors are directed to non-cross-reactive epitopesMelissa L Nguyen
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Infect Immun 77:4714-23. 2009..This work increases understanding of the immunogenicity of EF and LF and offers perspective for the development of new strategies for vaccination against anthrax...
- Protection against anthrax lethal toxin challenge by genetic immunization with a plasmid encoding the lethal factor proteinB M Price
Department of Microbiology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43017-1292
Infect Immun 69:4509-15. 2001..These results demonstrate that DNA-based immunization alone can provide protection against a lethal toxin challenge and that DNA immunization against the LF antigen alone provides complete protection...
- Antigen-specific CD4+ T cells recognize epitopes of protective antigen following vaccination with an anthrax vaccineElsa M Laughlin
Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason, 1201 Ninth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Infect Immun 75:1852-60. 2007..Specific tetramer-derived T-cell profiling may be useful for monitoring helper CD4+ T-cell responses to anthrax vaccination...
- The detection of protective antigen (PA) associated with spores of Bacillus anthracis and the effects of anti-PA antibodies on spore germination and macrophage interactionsC K Cote
United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Disease USAMRIID, Bacteriology Division, 1425 Porter Street, Fort Detrick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Microb Pathog 38:209-25. 2005..Thus, anti-PA Ab-mediated, anti-spore activities may play a role in protection during the early stages of an anthrax infection...
- Search for Bacillus anthracis potential vaccine candidates by a functional genomic-serologic screenOrit Gat
Israel Institute for Biological Research, P O Box 19, Ness Ziona 74100, Israel
Infect Immun 74:3987-4001. 2006..We list more than 30 novel B. anthracis immunoreactive virulence-related proteins which could be useful in diagnosis, pathogenesis studies, and future anthrax vaccine development...
- Expression of Bacillus anthracis protective antigen in transgenic chloroplasts of tobacco, a non-food/feed cropJennifer Watson
Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology, University of Central Florida, Biomolecular Science Building 20, Room 336, Orlando, FL 32816 2364, USA
Vaccine 22:4374-84. 2004....
- Plant-based vaccine: mice immunized with chloroplast-derived anthrax protective antigen survive anthrax lethal toxin challengeVijay Koya
Dept Molecular Biology and Microbiology, Biomolecular Science Bldg 20, Room 336, University of Central Florida, Central Florida Blvd, Orlando, FL 32816 2364, USA
Infect Immun 73:8266-74. 2005..These results demonstrate the immunogenic and immunoprotective properties of plant-derived anthrax vaccine antigen...
- Adenovirus-based prime-boost immunization for rapid vaccination against anthraxMichael J McConnell
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Mol Ther 15:203-10. 2007..These results demonstrate that adenovirus-based prime-boost vaccination can provide rapid protection from anthrax and that this approach may be an effective strategy for immunizing against bacterial as well as viral pathogens...
- Patterns of antibody response in humans to the anthrax vaccine adsorbed (AVA) primary (six-dose) seriesPhillip R Pittman
United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Disease USAMRIID, Fort Detrick, MD 21702, United States
Vaccine 24:3654-60. 2006..The 6-month dose in the AVA primary series appears to be critical in sustaining IgG to PA concentrations in a substantial proportion of recipients...
- Monitoring of ELISA-reactive antibodies against anthrax protective antigen (PA), lethal factor (LF), and toxin-neutralising antibodies in serum of individuals vaccinated against anthrax with the PA-based UK anthrax vaccineRoland Grunow
Institut fuer Mikrobiologie der Bundeswehr, D 80937 Munich, Germany
Vaccine 25:3679-83. 2007The human anthrax vaccines currently licensed contain the protective antigen (PA) of Bacillus anthracis as main antigen together with traces of some other bacillus components, e.g. lethal factor (LF)...
- Immunogenicity and tolerance of ascending doses of a recombinant protective antigen (rPA102) anthrax vaccine: a randomized, double-blinded, controlled, multicenter trialGeoffrey J Gorse
Saint Louis Veterans Affairs Medical Center and St Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Vaccine 24:5950-9. 2006..We report the results of a phase I dose escalation, safety and immunogenicity trial of a new recombinant protective antigen (rPA102) anthrax vaccine...
- Gorse GJ, et al. "Immunogenicity and tolerance of ascending doses of a recombinant protective antigen (rPA102) anthrax vaccine: a randomized, double-blinded, controlled, multicenter trial" [Vaccine 24 (2006) 5950-5959]Thomas K Zink
Vaccine 25:2766-7. 2007....
- The US capitol bioterrorism anthrax exposures: clinical epidemiological and immunological characteristicsDenise L Doolan
Infectious Diseases Directorate, Naval Medical Research Center, Silver Spring, MD 20910 7500, USA
J Infect Dis 195:174-84. 2007..Bioterrorism-related anthrax exposures occurred at the US Capitol in 2001. Exposed individuals received antibiotics and anthrax vaccine adsorbed immunization...
- Anthrax vaccinesA M Friedlander
U S Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, 1425 Porter Street, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 271:33-60. 2002The only impetus for the development of new anthrax vaccines is to protect humans against the intentional use of Bacillus anthracis as a bioterrorist or warfare agent...
- Adverse events after anthrax vaccination reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), 1990-2007Manette T Niu
Food and Drug Administration, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Office of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Division of Epidemiology, Vaccine Safety Branch, 1401 Rockville Pike, HFM 220, Rockville, MD 20852, United States
Vaccine 27:290-7. 2009..Continued monitoring of VAERS and analysis of potential associations between AVA vaccination and rare, serious events is warranted...
- Safety, reactogenicity and immunogenicity of a recombinant protective antigen anthrax vaccine given to healthy adultsJames D Campbell
University of Maryland School of Medicine, Center for Vaccine Development, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Hum Vaccin 3:205-11. 2007..Although an anthrax vaccine is currently licensed in the USA, better vaccines are desirable for both pre- and post-exposure prophylaxis...
- Response to letter to the editor "Zink TK. Vaccine 2007;25(15):2766-7"Geoffrey J Gorse
Vaccine 25:7285-7. 2007
- Immunisation with anthrolysin O or a genetic toxoid protects against challenge with the toxin but not against Bacillus anthracisGraeme J M Cowan
Division of Infection and Immunity, Glasgow Biomedical Research Centre, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8TA, UK
Vaccine 25:7197-205. 2007..Histopathological investigation following lethal i.v. challenge with ALO revealed acute pathology in the lungs with occlusion of alveolar vessels by fibrin deposits...
- Immunization against anthrax using Bacillus subtilis spores expressing the anthrax protective antigenLe H Duc
Royal Holloway University of London, Egham, Surrey TW20 0EX, UK
Vaccine 25:346-55. 2007..Intracellular expression of PA failed to confer protective immunity. The highest levels of protective immunity were achieved when PA was displayed on the spore surface as well as in the germinating spore...
- Recombinant protective antigen 102 (rPA102): profile of a second-generation anthrax vaccineWendy A Keitel
Baylor College of Medicine, Molecular Virology and Microbiology and Medicine, Room 221 D One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Expert Rev Vaccines 5:417-30. 2006..Future licensure of these and other candidate vaccines will depend on their safety and immunogenicity profiles in humans, and their ability to confer protection in animal models of inhalational anthrax...
- Plasmid-based vaccination with candidate anthrax vaccine antigens induces durable type 1 and type 2 T-helper immune responsesYongxin Zhang
MithraGen, Inc, 8030 El Rio, Houston, TX 77054, USA
Vaccine 26:614-22. 2008..The results demonstrate that anthrax antigens other than PA might be suitable for the generation of durable immune responses against anthrax...
- Prophylaxis and therapy of inhalational anthrax by a novel monoclonal antibody to protective antigen that mimics vaccine-induced immunityLaura Vitale
Medarex, Inc, Bloomsbury, New Jersey 08804, USA
Infect Immun 74:5840-7. 2006..neutralizing antibody response to the protective antigen (PA) component of anthrax toxin elicited by approved anthrax vaccines is an accepted correlate for vaccine-mediated protection against anthrax...
- Combining anthrax vaccine and therapy: a dominant-negative inhibitor of anthrax toxin is also a potent and safe immunogen for vaccinesBenedikt A Aulinger
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 181 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Infect Immun 73:3408-14. 2005..In the present report, we describe the improved potency of anthrax vaccines through the use of a dominant-negative inhibitory (DNI) mutant to replace PA in PA or PA-PGA vaccines...
- Immunogenicity in mice of anthrax recombinant protective antigen in the presence of aluminum adjuvantsInge Berthold
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, US FDA, CBER DBPAP HFM 443, 1401 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Vaccine 23:1993-9. 2005....
- Enhancement of antibody responses to Bacillus anthracis protective antigen domain IV by use of calreticulin as a chimeric molecular adjuvantYong Sung Park
Laboratory of Infection and Immunology, Graduate School of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul, South Korea
Infect Immun 76:1952-9. 2008..Thus, DNA vaccines encoding CRT linked to PA(dIV) may dramatically enhance PA-specific protective antibody responses. Our results have significant clinical applications for biodefense against anthrax toxin...
- Learning from the 2001 anthrax attacks: immunological characteristicsJames L Hadler
J Infect Dis 195:163-4. 2007
- Standardized, mathematical model-based and validated in vitro analysis of anthrax lethal toxin neutralizationHan Li
Microbial Pathogenesis and Immune Response Laboratory, Meningitis and Vaccine Preventable Diseases Branch, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, United States
J Immunol Methods 333:89-106. 2008..lethal toxin (LTx) neutralization activity (TNA) is pivotal in assessing protective antibody responses to anthrax vaccines and for evaluation of immunotherapies for anthrax...
- Multivalent Plague, Anthrax Vaccines Using Bacteriophage T4 DisplayVenigalla B Rao; Fiscal Year: 2013..major goal of this proposal is to test this hypothesis and develop trivalent plague and multivalent plague-anthrax vaccines that can confer protection against Bacillus anthracis and Yersinia pestis, two Category A biodefense ..
- Conjugate Anthrax Vaccine with Dual Virulence Factor SpecificityLallan Giri; Fiscal Year: 2013..The currently licensed Anthrax Vaccine Adsorbed (AVA) or rPA based anthrax vaccines only address the toxin-induced disease, not the capsule mediated virulence...
- Designing Potent Anthrax Vaccine with Engineered Protective AntigenJulia Y Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010The long-term goal of our research is to develop potent and safe anthrax vaccines and to understand the fundamental mechanisms of anthrax toxicity and the response of the immune system to anthrax infection...
- Anthrax vaccination by targeting spore germinationChun Ming Huang; Fiscal Year: 2005..That system will be used in this study to develop anthrax vaccines that will specifically target two of the germination-associated proteins: immune inhibitor A and camelysin...
- NOVEL IMMUNIZATION STRATEGIES AGAINST ANTHRAXLUCY FREYTAG; Fiscal Year: 2006..understanding of the host responses involved in protection against anthrax and to the formulation of improved anthrax vaccines. This information may also be valuable in the development of similar prevention strategies against other ..
- Killed Rhabdoviruses as Novel Anthrax VaccinesMatthias Schnell; Fiscal Year: 2006..Lastly, Anthrax challenge experiments of the most promising constructs in mice will indicate if the inducted responses are protective against Anthrax infection. ..
- Live Attenuated Bacterial Vaccines Against AnthraxSIMS KOCHI; Fiscal Year: 2002..of live, attenuated strains of Vibrio cholerae and Salmonella typhimurium expressing PA, as improved anthrax vaccines. The Specific Aims of this project are to (1) construct attenuated V. cholerae and S...
- Technologies to Advance Next Generation Anthrax VaccinesHOWARD TRANRER; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Transcutaneous Immunization for an Anthrax VaccineRichard Kenney; Fiscal Year: 2003..with recombinant Protective Antigen from Bacillus anthracis, which is the principal component of existing anthrax vaccines and the lead candidate for a second-generation parenteral vaccine...
- Vaccine hurdle to anthrax and the emerging immune systemPranela Rameshwar; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study will also form the basis to develop in vivo model with human hematopoietic system to study anthrax infection and also to improve responses to anthrax vaccines.
- Adenovirus-vectored nasal anthrax vaccineDE CHU TANG; Fiscal Year: 2005The aim of this proposal is to develop a new class of anthrax vaccines that can be produced rapidly and mass-administered by non-medical personnel during an emergency...
- Non-Invasive Plant Virus Particle-Based Anthrax VaccinesWilliam Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2006..The partnership, in collaboration with NIH scientists offers advancement of this novel technology platform and ultimate commercialization of new vaccines of public health importance. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- T cell immunity to B. anthracisZheng Chen; Fiscal Year: 2005..One of the biodefense research priorities is to develop improved anthrax vaccines. Cell-mediated immune responses may play an important role in vaccine-induced protection against anthrax...
- Molecularly Targeted Vaccines for AnthraxKemp Cease; Fiscal Year: 2007..Through this approach we will develop promising candidate anthrax vaccines that can protect against currently existing strains of anthrax as well as new and enhanced threats based on ..
- Noninvasive delivery of skin-targeted anthrax vaccinesDE CHU TANG; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION (Provided by Applicant): Our aim is to develop a simple method for the delivery of anthrax vaccines by topical application of adenovirus-based expression vectors using a skin patch in a noninvasive mode...
- Rational Anthrax Vaccine with Structural Epitopes on VLPVSEVOLOD KATRITCH; Fiscal Year: 2002..We propose to design and develop next generation recombinant anthrax vaccines with intrinsic adjuvant capabilities, based on multiple presentation of PA epitopes on the surface of self-..
- Structural determinants of human immunity to anthraxDonald Reason; Fiscal Year: 2008..anthracis infection. In addition, the antibodies isolated will constitute a panel of fully human monoclonal binding domains with potential for therapeutic use as passive immunogens. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Human monoclonal panel mimicking anthrax immune globulinDonald Reason; Fiscal Year: 2005..The PA-specific panel we construct will be molecularly defined and characterized, incorporate the advantages of toxin-specific, polyclonal human sera, and lack the inherent risk associated with blood derived products. ..
- MOLECULAR DETERMINANTS OF HUMAN PNEUMOCOCCAL IMMUNITYDonald Reason; Fiscal Year: 2004..Understanding the molecular mechanisms that shape the human antibody repertoire to pneumococcal polysaccharides may also suggest strategies that would facilitate the development of more efficacious vaccines. ..
- Preclinical Development of Non-Invasive Anthrax VaccineSUSAN WIMER; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Neurotoxicity of sterol glucosides: role in ALS-PDCChristopher Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our long-term Aims are to identify the causative molecule(s) in ALS-PDC which can share common basis with the rest of the neurodegenerative diseases. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- New genetic vaccine to protect aganist botulismMingtao Zeng; Fiscal Year: 2004..Specific Aim #2: To study the mucosal and systemic immunity elicited by the vectored vaccine developed in aim #1 through intranasal and transcutaneous immunization in a mouse model. ..
- Anthrax DNA vaccine for non-invasive immunization on skinZhengrong Cui; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Continued Development of a Recombinant Vaccine (RivaxTM) against Ricin ToxinRobert Brey; Fiscal Year: 2008..A safe and effective FDA-approved vaccine is urgently needed for military personnel and, in the event of a domestic attack, for first responders and perhaps for the general public. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A tri-antigen nasal anthrax vaccine against toxins and vegetative bacilli Zhengrong Cui; Fiscal Year: 2008..The same vaccine or its modified version can also be used in agricultural industries to vaccinate cattle. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of plasma cell differentiation by PI3-kinaseROBERT RICKERT; Fiscal Year: 2008..Hence, understanding the pathways regulating these processes is a requisite step towards our ability to understand the etiology of these diseases. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Phospholipid signaling in B LymphocytesROBERT RICKERT; Fiscal Year: 2009..Through the generation and characterization of these mice we will learn how PI3K directs B cell differentiation, and provide insight into how such regulation can go awry in the case of B cell transformation. ..
- Statistical Models for AnthraxRonald Brookmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2003..This work will depend on results from specific aims 1 and 2. ..
- MICROSPHERE VACCINE AGAINST AEROSOLIZED RICIN TOXINRobert Brey; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- TRANSCUTANEOUS IMMUNIZATION FOR TETANUS BOOSTERGregory Glenn; Fiscal Year: 2003..Additionally, the Transcutaneous booster will decrease the risk of needle-sticks and related disease, and reduce personnel and equipment requirements related to tetanus immunization. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF A RECOMBINANT VACCINE FOR RICIN TOXINRobert Brey; Fiscal Year: 2004..Preservation of the polypeptide structure during storage of the vaccine will also be addressed by formulating the vaccine candidate in protein stabilizinq recipients. ..
- Formulated Patch for Topical Influenza VaccineGregory Glenn; Fiscal Year: 2004..Needle-free may also aid in the extension of use of a flu patch into the pediatric population where influenza immunization is now recommended by the ACIP and will be a subsequent goal of this development program. ..
- Time-lines of neural degeneration in ALS-PDC mouse modelChristopher A Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2010..These data will provide therapeutic targets to prevent or halt the progression of neurodegeneration. ..
- Modulation of B-cell tolerance by coreceptor moleculesROBERT RICKERT; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Community Environmental Health Research: Finding MeaningDavid Ozonoff; Fiscal Year: 2006..4) Establish mechanisms for forging new and on-going community-researcher relationships. ..
- Mining slime mold for susceptibility genes to fungiArturo Casadevall; Fiscal Year: 2005..discoideum system will lead to the identification of genetic pathways that are not immediately obvious from standard fungal-macrophage experiments. ..
- Development of a mucosally administered trivalent serotype A,B, E botulinum vaRobert Brey; Fiscal Year: 2006..At the end of Phase II, we expect to have identified a vaccine to advance to clinical studies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ORAL BDP FOR THE TREATMENT OF GI GVHDRobert Brey; Fiscal Year: 2005..Abstract Not Provided ..
- Anthrax Immune Globulin to Prevent & Treat Anthrax: Clinical DevelopmentRobert Hopkins; Fiscal Year: 2006..More information about Emergent BioSolutions and its subsidiaries can be found at www.ebsi.com. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Development of a New Tularemia VaccineMingtao Zeng; Fiscal Year: 2006..Since no previous research has shown that genetic immunization with adenovirus or plasmid vectors could elicit protective immunity to F. tularensis, the proposed project is exploratory and developmental in nature. ..
- C3d-PA: efficacy & cellular basis as an anthrax vaccineROBERT RICKERT; Fiscal Year: 2005..Pending completion of the proposed work outlined in this R21 application, a series of experiments involving anthrax challenge models would seem appropriate. ..
- BioThrax Schedule Optimization for Post-Exposure Prophylaxis of AnthraxRobert Hopkins; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR CHARACTERIZATION OF C NEOFORMANS ANTIBODIESArturo Casadevall; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies are expected to yield new insights on fundamental aspects of antibody function as well as practical information for the development of second generation antibody reagents for human therapy. ..
- Transcutaneous Immunization for an Anthrax VaccineGregory Glenn; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- STATISTICAL METHODS IN AIDS RESEARCHRonald Brookmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2001..The methods will be applied to the ALIVE study. ..
- Multi-component and easily administrated anthrax vaccineMingtao Zeng; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aim #2: To compare the systemic and mucosal immunity elicited by the vaccine developed in #1 through intranasal inoculation with that elicited by plasmid expression vectors through intramuscular injection. ..
- Genetic immunization against pneumococcal diseaseMingtao Zeng; Fiscal Year: 2004....