Genomes and Genes
Summary: Agents that have a strengthening effect on the heart or that can increase cardiac output. They may be CARDIAC GLYCOSIDES; SYMPATHOMIMETICS; or other drugs. They are used after MYOCARDIAL INFARCT; CARDIAC SURGICAL PROCEDURES; in SHOCK; or in congestive heart failure (HEART FAILURE, CONGESTIVE).
Publications297 found, 100 shown here
- Resveratrol prevents doxorubicin cardiotoxicity through mitochondrial stabilization and the Sirt1 pathwayElizabeth D Brookins Danz
Center for Cardiovascular Sciences, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 46:1589-97. 2009..Our data suggest that RV protects against DOX-induced oxidative stress through changes in mitochondrial function, specifically the Sirt1 pathway leading to cardiac cell survival...
- Role of glycogen synthase kinase-3beta in cardioprotectionMagdalena Juhaszova
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Science, Gerontology Research Center, Box 13, National Institute on Aging, NIH, Baltimore, Maryland 21224 6825, USA
Circ Res 104:1240-52. 2009....
- Cardioprotection from ischemia/reperfusion injury: basic and translational researchTetsuo Minamino
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita 565 0871, Japan
Circ J 76:1074-82. 2012..In the near future, large, multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled, clinical trials will be required to determine whether pharmacological and ischemic conditioning can improve the clinical outcomes of patients with IHDs...
- Myocardial protection at a crossroads: the need for translation into clinical therapyRoberto Bolli
Heart Research Program, Division of Heart and Vascular Diseases, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, U S Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Circ Res 95:125-34. 2004....
- High-density lipoproteins and their constituent, sphingosine-1-phosphate, directly protect the heart against ischemia/reperfusion injury in vivo via the S1P3 lysophospholipid receptorGregor Theilmeier
Institute for Anatomy, Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, University Hospital Munster, Vesaliusweg 2 4, 48149 Munster, Germany
Circulation 114:1403-9. 2006..We hypothesized that some of the cholesterol transport-independent biological properties of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) implied in atheroprotection may also be beneficial in settings of acute myocardial reperfusion injury...
- Adiponectin cardioprotection after myocardial ischemia/reperfusion involves the reduction of oxidative/nitrative stressLing Tao
Department of Emergency Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Circulation 115:1408-16. 2007..The present study was designed to determine the mechanism by which adiponectin exerts its protective effects against myocardial ischemia/reperfusion...
- Minocycline protects against myocardial ischemia and reperfusion injury by inhibiting high mobility group box 1 protein in ratsXiaorong Hu
Department of Cardiology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Cardiovascular Research Institute of Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Eur J Pharmacol 638:84-9. 2010..The present study suggested that minocycline could protect against myocardial ischemia and reperfusion injury by inhibiting HMGB1 expression...
- Cardiotonic pills, a compound Chinese medicine, protects ischemia-reperfusion-induced microcirculatory disturbance and myocardial damage in ratsNa Zhao
Tasly Microcirculation Research Center, Peking University, Beijing, China
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 298:H1166-76. 2010..The results provide evidence for the potential role of CP in preventing microcirculatory disturbance and myocardial damage following I/R injury...
- An update on cardioprotection: a review of the latest adjunctive therapies to limit myocardial infarction size in clinical trialsPaul Z Gerczuk
Heart Institute, Good Samaritan Hospital, Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90017, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 59:969-78. 2012..Additional pre-clinical and clinical research is needed to further investigate newer cardioprotective strategies to continue the current trend of improving outcomes following AMI...
- Cardioprotection by resveratrol: a novel mechanism via autophagy involving the mTORC2 pathwayNarasimman Gurusamy
Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT 06030 1110, USA
Cardiovasc Res 86:103-12. 2010....
- Cardioprotection against ischaemia induced by dobutamine stress using glucagon-like peptide-1 in patients with coronary artery diseasePhilip A Read
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Heart 98:408-13. 2012..Its pharmacological properties as a cardioprotective agent are attractive because it has a short half-life and there is minimal risk of hypoglycaemia...
- Cyclosporin A and cardioprotection: from investigative tool to therapeutic agentDerek J Hausenloy
The Hatter Cardiovascular Institute, University College London Hospital and Medical School, London, UK
Br J Pharmacol 165:1235-45. 2012..In this article, we review the intriguing role of CsA as a tool for investigating the mPTP as a target for cardioprotection and its potential role as a therapeutic agent for patients with IHD...
- Cardioprotective effect of nicorandil, a mitochondrial ATP-sensitive potassium channel opener, prolongs survival in HSPB5 R120G transgenic miceAtsushi Sanbe
Department of Pharmacotherapeutics, School of Pharmacy, Iwate Medical University, Iwate, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e18922. 2011..It is also known that progressive mitochondrial abnormalities and apoptotic cell death occur in the hearts of R120G TG mice. The role of mitochondrial dysfunction and apoptosis in disease progression, however, remains uncertain...
- The protective effect of ApolipoproteinA-I on myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury in ratsShan Shan Gu
Department of Biochemistry, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Shanghai, 200032, China
Life Sci 81:702-9. 2007..We concluded that ApoA-I could effectively protect rat heart from I/R injury...
- Palmatine from Coptidis rhizoma reduces ischemia-reperfusion-mediated acute myocardial injury in the ratYoung Min Kim
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, and Institute of Health Sciences, Gyeongsang National University, 92 Chilamdong, Jinju, Republic of Korea
Food Chem Toxicol 47:2097-102. 2009..We concluded that palmatine protects hearts from I/R injury in rats possibly by reducing oxidative stress and modulating inflammatory mediators...
- Potent cardioprotective effect of the 4-anilinoquinazoline derivative PD153035: involvement of mitochondrial K(ATP) channel activationRenata A Cavalheiro
Departamento de Patologia Clinica, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, Brazil
PLoS ONE 5:e10666. 2010..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the protective effects of the 4-anilinoquinazoline derivative PD153035 on cardiac ischemia/reperfusion and mitochondrial function...
- [Resveratrol: a neuroprotective polyphenol in the Mediterranean diet]Visitacion Lopez-Miranda
Departamento de Farmacología y Nutrición y Unidad Asociada al Instituto de Química Médica del CSIC, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud, 28922 Alcorcon, Espana
Rev Neurol 54:349-56. 2012..Resveratrol is a polyphenol present in grapes, some nuts and dried fruits, and red wine. A number of beneficial properties have been attributed to this compound. Its potential neuroprotective effects are the subject of much research today...
- Modulation of PPAR-gamma by telmisartan protects the heart against myocardial infarction in experimental diabetesSameer Goyal
Department of Pharmacology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110029, India
Chem Biol Interact 185:271-80. 2010..In addition to class effects of ARBs, telmisartan reduces oxidative stress and apoptosis and improves cardiac function via the PPAR-gamma pathway...
- Autophagy induced by ischemic preconditioning is essential for cardioprotectionChengqun Huang
BioScience Center, San Diego State University, 5500 Campanile Drive, San Diego, CA 92182 4650, USA
J Cardiovasc Transl Res 3:365-73. 2010..We found that all three agents induced autophagy; inhibition of autophagy abolished their protective effect. Taken together, these findings establish autophagy as an end-effector in ischemic and pharmacologic preconditioning...
- Diabetes abolishes morphine-induced cardioprotection via multiple pathways upstream of glycogen synthase kinase-3betaEric R Gross
Medical College of Wisconsin, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, 8701 Watertown Plank Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Diabetes 56:127-36. 2007..Hence, acute GSK inhibition may provide a novel therapeutic strategy for diabetic patients during an acute myocardial infarction, whereas morphine is less effective due to signaling events that adversely affect GSK3beta...
- Targeted drug delivery into reversibly injured myocardium with silica nanoparticles: surface functionalization, natural biodistribution, and acute toxicityMichael M Galagudza
Institute of Experimental Medicine, VA Almazov Federal Heart, Blood and Endocrinology Center, St Petersburg, Russian Federation
Int J Nanomedicine 5:231-7. 2010..Provided that ischemic heart-targeted drug delivery can be proved to be safe and efficient, the results of this research may contribute to the development of new technologies in the pharmaceutical industry...
- Cardioprotective effect of melatonin against isoproterenol induced myocardial infarction in rats: A biochemical, electrocardiographic and histoarchitectural evaluationVaibhav Patel
Pharmacy Department, Faculty of Technology and Engineering, The M S University of Baroda, Vadodara 390001, India
Eur J Pharmacol 644:160-8. 2010..Results of the present study suggest that melatonin has a significant effect on the protection of the heart against isoproterenol induced myocardial infarction through maintaining endogenous antioxidant enzyme activities...
- Tanshinone IIA protects cardiac myocytes against oxidative stress-triggered damage and apoptosisJiajia Fu
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, 510080, PR China
Eur J Pharmacol 568:213-21. 2007..The in vivo protection is mediated by increased scavenging of oxygen free radicals, prevention of lipid peroxidation and upregulation of the Bcl-2/Bax ratio...
- Exosome secreted by MSC reduces myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injuryRuenn Chai Lai
Institute of Medical Biology, ASTAR, 138648 Singapore
Stem Cell Res 4:214-22. 2010..This novel role of exosomes highlights a new perspective into intercellular mediation of tissue injury and repair, and engenders novel approaches to the development of biologics for tissue repair...
- Cardioprotective properties of humoral factors released from rat hearts subject to ischemic preconditioningFredson Costa Serejo
Laboratório de Eletrofisiologia Cardíaca Antonio Paes de Carvalho, Instituto de Biofisica Carlos Chagas Filho, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 49:214-20. 2007..001 versus hydrophobic fraction). In conclusion, the cardioprotective factors released in the coronary effluent by IPC are thermolabile hydrophobic substances with molecular weights higher than 3.5 kDa and acting through PKC activation...
- Mitochondrial potassium transport: the role of the mitochondrial ATP-sensitive K(+) channel in cardiac function and cardioprotectionKeith D Garlid
Department of Biology, Portland State University, 1719 SW 10th Avenue, PO Box 751, Portland, OR 97207, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1606:1-21. 2003..MitoK(ATP)-mediated volume regulation, in turn, prevents disruption of the structure-function of the IMS and facilitates efficient energy transfers between mitochondria and myofibrillar ATPases...
- Na(+)/H(+) exchange inhibitors for cardioprotective therapy: progress, problems and prospectsMetin Avkiran
Centre for Cardiovascular Biology and Medicine and Department of Cardiology, King s College London, United Kingdom
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:747-53. 2002....
- Modulation of phase II enzymes by sulforaphane: implications for its cardioprotective potentialCristina Angeloni
Department of Biochemistry G Moruzzi, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 57:5615-22. 2009....
- Tanshinone IIA sodium sulfonate protects against cardiotoxicity induced by doxorubicin in vitro and in vivoBaohong Jiang
Shanghai Research Center for Modernization of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201203, PR China
Food Chem Toxicol 47:1538-44. 2009..These data have provided the considerable evidences that TSNIIA-SS is a protective agent against DXR-induced cardiac injury...
- Signalling via the reperfusion injury signalling kinase (RISK) pathway links closure of the mitochondrial permeability transition pore to cardioprotectionSean M Davidson
The Hatter Cardiovascular Institute, University College London Hospitals and Medical School, London, UK
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 38:414-9. 2006..These results indicate that activation of the PI3K-Akt pro-survival kinase pathway inhibits opening of the mPTP, and demonstrate an important link between the survival kinases and the mPTP...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress gene induction and protection from ischemia/reperfusion injury in the hearts of transgenic mice with a tamoxifen-regulated form of ATF6Joshua J Martindale
Heart Institute, Department of Biology, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92182, USA
Circ Res 98:1186-93. 2006..These results suggest that the UPR is activated in the heart during I/R and that, as a result, the ATF6 branch of the UPR may induce expression of proteins that can function to reduce I/R injury...
- Induction of heat shock response protects the heart against atrial fibrillationBianca J J M Brundel
Department of Medicine and Research Center, Montreal Heart Institute, 5000 Belanger St E, Montreal, Quebec H1T 1C8, Canada
Circ Res 99:1394-402. 2006..These findings advance our understanding of the biochemical determinants of AF and suggest the possibility that HSP induction may be an interesting novel approach to preventing clinical AF...
- Grapes, wines, resveratrol, and heart healthAlberto A A Bertelli
Institute of Human Anatomy, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 54:468-76. 2009..It appears that resveratrol and proanthocyanidins, especially resveratrol, present in grapes and wines play a crucial role in cardioprotective abilities of grapes and wines...
- Differential actions of cardioprotective agents on the mitochondrial death pathwayMasaharu Akao
Institute of Molecular Cardiobiology, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Circ Res 92:195-202. 2003..By virtue of its pharmacology and its phenotypic consequences, this mode of action is distinguishable from that of other cardioprotective interventions...
- Glucagon like peptide-1 is protective against myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury when given either as a preconditioning mimetic or at reperfusion in an isolated rat heart modelAmal K Bose
The Hatter Institute and Centre for Cardiology, University College London Hospital and Medical School, London, UK
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 19:9-11. 2005
- Absence of the mdr1a P-Glycoprotein in mice affects tissue distribution and pharmacokinetics of dexamethasone, digoxin, and cyclosporin AA H Schinkel
The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Division of Molecular Biology, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Invest 96:1698-705. 1995..These results may explain a range of pharmacological interactions observed between various drugs in patients...
- Remote postconditioning by humoral factors in effluent from ischemic preconditioned rat hearts is mediated via PI3K/Akt-dependent cell-survival signaling at reperfusionL Breivik
Department of Biomedicine, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Basic Res Cardiol 106:135-45. 2011..In conclusion, the IPC effluent retains strong cardioprotective properties, containing hydrophobic mediator(s) < 30 kDa offering cytoprotection via PI3K/Akt-dependent signaling at ischemic reperfusion...
- Cardioprotection by adaptation to ischaemia augments autophagy in association with BAG-1 proteinNarasimman Gurusamy
Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, 06030 1110, USA
J Cell Mol Med 13:373-87. 2009..These results clearly indicate that myocardial protection elicited by adaptation is mediated at least in part via up-regulation of autophagy in association with BAG-1 protein...
- Expression of the longevity proteins by both red and white wines and their cardioprotective components, resveratrol, tyrosol, and hydroxytyrosolSubhendu Mukherjee
Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, 06030 1110, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 46:573-8. 2009....
- High-density lipoproteins protect isolated rat hearts from ischemia-reperfusion injury by reducing cardiac tumor necrosis factor-alpha content and enhancing prostaglandin releaseLaura Calabresi
Center E Grossi Paoletti, Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milano, Italy
Circ Res 92:330-7. 2003..A low plasma HDL level may expose the heart to excessive ischemia-reperfusion damage, and HDL-targeted therapies may be helpful to induce immediate or delayed myocardial protection from ischemia-reperfusion injury...
- Cardiovascular management of septic shockR Phillip Dellinger
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Section of Critical Care Medicine, Cooper Health System, Camden 08103, USA
Crit Care Med 31:946-55. 2003
- Nitrite anion provides potent cytoprotective and antiapoptotic effects as adjunctive therapy to reperfusion for acute myocardial infarctionFelix M Gonzalez
Translational Medicine Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1061, USA
Circulation 117:2986-94. 2008....
- Tanshinone IIA prevents doxorubicin-induced cardiomyocyte apoptosis through Akt-dependent pathwayHong Jye Hong
School of Chinese Medicine, College of Chinese Medicine, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Int J Cardiol 157:174-9. 2012..The objective of this study was set to evaluate the protective effect of tanshinone IIA on doxorubicin-induced cardiomyocyte apoptosis, and to explore its intracellular mechanism(s)...
- Functional expression of the human HCN3 channelJuliane Stieber
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Toxikologie der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Biedersteiner Strasse 29, 80802 Munchen, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:34635-43. 2005..The missing response to cAMP distinguishes human HCN3 from both the well cAMP responding HCN subtypes 2 and 4 and the weak responding subtype 1...
- In vivo activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-delta protects the heart from ischemia/reperfusion injury in Zucker fatty ratsTian Li Yue
Department of Cardiac Biology, GlaxoSmithKline, 709 Swedeland Rd, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 325:466-74. 2008....
- Opposing effects of beta(1)- and beta(2)-adrenergic receptors on cardiac myocyte apoptosis : role of a pertussis toxin-sensitive G proteinC Communal
Myocardial Biology Unit and Cardiovascular Division, Boston University Medical Center, Boston Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Circulation 100:2210-2. 1999..beta(2)-ARs may couple to a G(i)-mediated signaling pathway that can oppose the actions of adenylyl cyclase...
- Effects of levosimendan on the energy balance: preclinical and clinical evidenceMarkku S Nieminen
Division of Cardiology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 53:302-10. 2009..Moreover, levosimendan-evoked KATP channel opening may possess favorable effects on mitochondrial adenosine triphosphate synthesis conferring cardioprotection during ischemic insults...
- Protective effects of cysteine analogues on acute myocardial ischemia: novel modulators of endogenous H(2)S productionQian Wang
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Antioxid Redox Signal 12:1155-65. 2010....
- [Pyr1]apelin-13 identified as the predominant apelin isoform in the human heart: vasoactive mechanisms and inotropic action in diseaseJanet J Maguire
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, University of Cambridge, Centre for Clinical Investigation, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Hypertension 54:598-604. 2009..Furthermore, in human cardiac tissue, the apelin peptides are among the most potent endogenous positive inotropic agents yet reported...
- Nebivolol, a vasodilating selective beta(1)-blocker, is a beta(3)-adrenoceptor agonist in the nonfailing transplanted human heartBertrand Rozec
INSERM, UMR, l institut du thorax, Nantes, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 53:1532-8. 2009..The present study was to assess whether nebivolol could activate beta(3)-adrenergic receptors (ARs) in the human heart...
- Oleanolic acid protects against myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury by enhancing mitochondrial antioxidant mechanism mediated by glutathione and alpha-tocopherol in ratsYing Du
Department of Biochemistry, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, China
Planta Med 72:222-7. 2006..Abbreviations. BSO:buthionine sulfoximine GSH:reduced glutathione I-R:ischemia-reperfusion alpha-LA:alpha-lipoic acid LDH:lactate dehydrogenase OA:oleanolic acid PHO:phorone alpha-TOC:alpha-tocopherol...
- Panax notoginseng saponins inhibit ischemia-induced apoptosis by activating PI3K/Akt pathway in cardiomyocytesShaoxian Chen
Medical Research Center, Guangdong General Hospital, Guangdong Academy of Medical Sciences, Guangzhou 510080, China
J Ethnopharmacol 137:263-70. 2011..This study was aimed to investigate the protective effect and potential molecular mechanisms of PNS on apoptosis in H9c2 cells in vitro and rat myocardial ischemia injury model in vivo...
- Differential cardiotoxic/cardioprotective effects of beta-adrenergic receptor subtypes in myocytes and fibroblasts in doxorubicin cardiomyopathyGiovanni Fajardo
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 40:375-83. 2006..beta2-AR subtypes in knockout mice are recapitulated in myocytes isolated from these mice. beta2-ARs appear to play a cardioprotective role, whereas beta1-ARs a cardiotoxic role...
- Inhibition of malonyl-CoA decarboxylase reduces the inflammatory response associated with insulin resistanceVictor Samokhvalov
Cardiovascular Research Centre, Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 303:E1459-68. 2012..Our results also demonstrate that pharmacological inhibition of MCD is a novel and promising approach to treat insulin resistance and its associated metabolic complications...
- Sphingosine kinase and sphingosine 1-phosphate in cardioprotectionJoel S Karliner
Cardiology Section, VA Medical Center, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 53:189-97. 2009..These observations have considerable relevance for future therapeutic approaches to acute and chronic myocardial injury...
- Lactate clearance vs central venous oxygen saturation as goals of early sepsis therapy: a randomized clinical trialAlan E Jones
Department of Emergency Medicine, 1000 Blythe Blvd, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC 28203, USA
JAMA 303:739-46. 2010..Goal-directed resuscitation for severe sepsis and septic shock has been reported to reduce mortality when applied in the emergency department...
- Mortality in diastolic heart failure: an updateTimothy P Fitzgibbons
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, USA
Cardiol Rev 17:51-5. 2009..Finally, efforts to reduce the prevalence of risk factors for DHF should be redoubled, and prospective clinical trials should be designed to help us better understand the pathophysiology and treatment of this disorder...
- Cardioprotective effects mediated by angiotensin II type 1 receptor blockade and enhancing angiotensin 1-7 in experimental heart failure in angiotensin-converting enzyme 2-null miceVaibhav B Patel
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hypertension 59:1195-203. 2012....
- Role of PI3Kα and sarcolemmal ATP-sensitive potassium channels in epoxyeicosatrienoic acid mediated cardioprotectionSri N Batchu
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
J Mol Cell Cardiol 53:43-52. 2012..However the role of specific PI3K isoforms and corresponding intracellular mechanisms remains unknown...
- Cardioprotective effect of a dual acting epoxyeicosatrienoic acid analogue towards ischaemia reperfusion injuryS N Batchu
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Br J Pharmacol 162:897-907. 2011....
- Protective effects of apricot kernel oil on myocardium against ischemia-reperfusion injury in ratsJing Zhang
Key Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry for Life Science of Shaanxi Province, School of Chemistry and Materials Science, Shaanxi Normal University, Xi an 710062, China
Food Chem Toxicol 49:3136-41. 2011..These findings suggest that apricot kernel oil has potent cardioprotective effects, and could be developed as a nutriment for the treatment and prevention of myocardial infarcts...
- Albiglutide, a long lasting glucagon-like peptide-1 analog, protects the rat heart against ischemia/reperfusion injury: evidence for improving cardiac metabolic efficiencyWeike Bao
Heart Failure Discovery Performance Unit, Metabolic Pathways and Cardiovascular Therapy Area Unit, GlaxoSmithKline, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e23570. 2011..We tested the hypothesis that albiglutide, a novel long half-life analog of GLP-1, may protect the heart against I/R injury by increasing carbohydrate utilization and improving cardiac energetic efficiency...
- Mitochondrial permeability transition in the diabetic heart: contributions of thiol redox state and mitochondrial calcium to augmented reperfusion injuryRuben C Sloan
Department of Kinesiology, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville NC 27834, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 52:1009-18. 2012....
- Blood pressure, anti-hypotensive therapy, and neurodevelopment in extremely preterm infantsBeau Batton
Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, Department of Neonatology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Pediatr 154:351-7, 357.e1. 2009..To compare neurodevelopment (ND) in 3 cohorts of extremely preterm infants: untreated with normal blood pressure (BP), untreated with low BP, and treated with low BP...
- Treatment with cardiotonic pills(®) after ischemia-reperfusion ameliorates myocardial fibrosis in ratsXiao Hong Wei
Tasly Microcirculation Research Center, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
Microcirculation 20:17-29. 2013..The present study was designed to evaluate whether CP was beneficial in alleviating myocardial fibrosis following I/R injury...
- Acute hyperglycemia exacerbates myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury and blunts cardioprotective effect of GIKHui Su
Department of Cardiology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E629-35. 2007..3 +/- 0.2%, P < 0.05 vs. GIK). Hyperglycemia significantly exacerbates MI/R injury and blocks the cardioprotective effect afforded by GIK, which is, at least in part, due to hyperglycemia-induced decrease of myocardial Akt activation...
- Cardioprotection against ischaemia/reperfusion by vitamins C and E plus n-3 fatty acids: molecular mechanisms and potential clinical applicationsRamón Rodrigo
Molecular and Clinical Pharmacology Program, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Clin Sci (Lond) 124:1-15. 2013....
- Apelin-13 protects the heart against ischemia-reperfusion injury through inhibition of ER-dependent apoptotic pathways in a time-dependent fashionJianping Tao
Division of Cardiology, Shanghai Sixth Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, State Key Discipline Cardiology, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 301:H1471-86. 2011..In contrast, although eNOS activation played a role in decreasing IS at 2 h of reperfusion, it failed to modify either IS or ER stress-induced apoptosis signaling pathways at 24 h after reperfusion...
- A critical review of the use of carvedilol in ischemic heart diseaseCarol Chen-Scarabelli
Center for Heart and Vessel Preclinical Studies, St John Hospital and Medical Center, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48236, USA
Am J Cardiovasc Drugs 12:391-401. 2012..This article reviews the role of carvedilol compared with other β-blockers in the treatment of CHF and post-AMI management...
- Ginsenoside Re: pharmacological effects on cardiovascular systemLu Peng
Section of Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Jishuitan Hospital, Beijing 100035, China
Cardiovasc Ther 30:e183-8. 2012..In addition, G-Re also exerts antiischemic effect and induces angiogenic regeneration. In this review, we first outline the chemistry and the pharmacological effects of G-Re on the cardiovascular system...
- 2-methoxycinnamaldehyde from Cinnamomum cassia reduces rat myocardial ischemia and reperfusion injury in vivo due to HO-1 inductionJeong Seok Hwa
Department of Urology, School of Medicine, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju, Republic of Korea
J Ethnopharmacol 139:605-15. 2012..Cinnamomum cassia Blume has been used as a traditional Chinese herbal medicine for alleviation of fever, inflammation, chronic bronchitis, and to improve blood circulation...
- Garlic provides protection to mice heart against isoproterenol-induced oxidative damage: role of nitric oxideTarak Nath Khatua
Division of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology IICT, Hyderabad 500607, India
Nitric Oxide 27:9-17. 2012..In conclusion, our study provides novel evidence that garlic homogenate is protective in myocardial infarction via NO-signaling pathway in mice...
- Reduction of nitrite to nitric oxide during ischemia protects against myocardial ischemia-reperfusion damageAndrew Webb
Clinical Pharmacology, William Harvey Research Institute, Barts and The London, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, Charterhouse Square, London EC1M 6BQ, England
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:13683-8. 2004..Hence, if XOR is presented with NO(2)(-) as an alternative substrate, the resultant effects of its activity may be protective, by means of its production of NO. , rather than damaging...
- Nitric oxide synthase inhibition abrogates hydrogen sulfide-induced cardioprotection in miceBhavesh Sojitra
Division of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad, India
Mol Cell Biochem 360:61-9. 2012..Our results revealed that H(2)S provides myocardial protection through interaction with NOS and COX-2 pathway and inhibition of NOS completely abrogates the hydrogen sulfide-induced cardioprotection in mice...
- Digitoxin inhibits the growth of cancer cell lines at concentrations commonly found in cardiac patientsMiguel López-Lázaro
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Seville, 41011, Seville, Spain
J Nat Prod 68:1642-5. 2005..Using the individual cell assay TARDIS, cells exposed to 1 for 30 min showed low but statistically significant levels of DNA-topoisomerase II cleavable complexes; however these complexes disappeared after 24 h exposure...
- Why do we still not have cardioprotective drugs?James M Downey
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL 36688, USA
Circ J 73:1171-7. 2009..Clearly more study is needed to identify which interventions are adversely affected by comorbidities...
- Paeonol and paeoniflorin, the main active principles of Paeonia albiflora, protect the heart from myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury in ratsIrina Tsoy Nizamutdinova
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Institute of Health Sciences, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju, Korea
Planta Med 74:14-8. 2008..The results show that both PF and PN reduced myocardial damage in rat through protection from apoptosis, suggesting that Paeonia albiflora Pallas might be useful in treating myocardial infarction...
- Cardiac inotropes: current agents and future directionsGerd Hasenfuss
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, University Medical Center, Heart Research Center Göttingen, Robert Koch Strasse 40, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Eur Heart J 32:1838-45. 2011..There is an urgent clinical need for agents that improve cardiac performance with a favourable safety profile. These current novel approaches to improving cardiac function provide the hope that such agents may soon be available...
- Follistatin-like 1 is an Akt-regulated cardioprotective factor that is secreted by the heartYuichi Oshima
Molecular Cardiology Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Boston University Medical School, 700 Albany St, W611, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Circulation 117:3099-108. 2008..To identify factors with novel therapeutic applications in cardiac diseases, we focused on the identification of factors secreted from Akt1-activated cells that have cardioprotective effects through autocrine/paracrine mechanisms...
- Cardioprotective effect of hydrogen sulfide in ischemic reperfusion experimental rats and its influence on expression of survivin geneYang Zhuo
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Biol Pharm Bull 32:1406-10. 2009..And the remarkable shrink of the infarct size and up-regulation of survivin in NaHS group comparing with the other two groups also showed the cardio protective effect of H(2)S in our study...
- Levosimendan improves renal function in patients with advanced chronic heart failure awaiting cardiac transplantationGregor Zemljic
Advanced Heart Failure and Transplantation Center, Division of Cardiology, Ljubljana University Medical Center, Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Card Fail 13:417-21. 2007..Long-term impact of levosimendan on renal function remains undefined. Prospectively, we evaluated effects of levosimendan on renal function in patients with advanced chronic heart failure awaiting cardiac transplantation...
- Levosimendan: a review of its use in the management of acute decompensated heart failureCarmen A Innes
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 63:2651-71. 2003..More patients receiving dobutamine than those receiving levosimendan experienced angina pectoris/chest pain/myocardial ischaemia or rate/rhythm disorders...
- Cardioprotective effect of grape seed proanthocyanidins on isoproterenol-induced myocardial injury in ratsK Karthikeyan
Department of Biochemistry, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai 600 025, India
Int J Cardiol 115:326-33. 2007..To investigate whether grape seed proanthocyanidins (GSP) might protect the heart against myocardial injury (MI) induced by isoproterenol (ISO), in a rat model...
- Effect of isoproterenol on lipid peroxidation and antioxidant enzymes of myocardial tissue of mice and protection by quinidineAindrila Chattopadhyay
Department of Life Science and Biotechnology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India
Mol Cell Biochem 245:43-9. 2003..Thus, our present investigation suggests that quinidine, when administered to mice, strengthens the antioxidant defense system to resist the free radical induced damage brought about by isoproterenol induced ischaemic condition...
- Hyperpolarization-activated current (I(h)) contributes to excitability of primary sensory neurons in ratsQuinn H Hogan
Department of Anesthesiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Brain Res 1207:102-10. 2008..We conclude that I(h) supports sensory neuron excitability, and loss of I(h) is not a factor contributing to increased neuronal excitability after peripheral axonal injury...
- Insulin therapy as an adjunct to reperfusion after acute coronary ischemia: a proposed direct myocardial cell survival effect independent of metabolic modulationMichael N Sack
The Hatter Institute for Cardiology Research, MRC Inter University Cape Heart Group, University of Cape Town Medical School, South Africa
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:1404-7. 2003....
- BAY 58-2667, a nitric oxide-independent guanylyl cyclase activator, pharmacologically post-conditions rabbit and rat heartsThomas Krieg
Department of Cardiology, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Loefflerstr 23, 17487 Greifswald, Germany
Eur Heart J 30:1607-13. 2009..We tested whether BAY-58 could make both rabbit and rat hearts resistant to infarction when given at the end of an ischaemic insult...
- Impaired p38 MAPK/HSP27 signaling underlies aging-related failure in opioid-mediated cardioprotectionJason N Peart
Heart Foundation Research Center, Griffith University, Queensland, 9726, Australia
J Mol Cell Cardiol 42:972-80. 2007..These data indicate that aging-related loss of delta-opioid-mediated cardioprotection involves failure to activate p38 MAPK and HSP27. Direct targeting of this pathway elicits comparable protection in both age groups...
- Cardioprotection by intermittent fasting in ratsIsmayil Ahmet
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Sciences, National Institute on Aging, Intramural Research Program, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
Circulation 112:3115-21. 2005..We have reported neuroprotective effects of IF against ischemic injury of the brain. In this study, we examined the effects of IF on ischemic injury of the heart in rats...
- ATP-loaded liposomes effectively protect the myocardium in rabbits with an acute experimental myocardial infarctionDaya D Verma
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Northeastern University, 360 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Pharm Res 22:2115-20. 2005..We assessed whether the infusion of ATP-loaded liposomes (ATP-L) can limit the fraction of the irreversibly damaged myocardium in rabbits with an experimental myocardial infarction...
- Prolonged targeting of ischemic/reperfused myocardium by liposomal adenosine augments cardioprotection in ratsHiroyuki Takahama
Department of Molecular Imaging in Cardiovascular Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 53:709-17. 2009..The purpose of this study was to investigate whether liposomal adenosine has stronger cardioprotective effects and fewer side effects than free adenosine...
- Effect of ghrelin and synthetic growth hormone secretagogues in normal and ischemic rat heartSabina Frascarelli
Dipartimento di Scienze dell Uomo e dell Ambiente, Sezione di Biochimica, University of Pisa, Via Roma 55, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Basic Res Cardiol 98:401-5. 2003..We conclude that ghrelin and hexarelin have a specific cardioprotective effect, which is independent of growth hormone secretion, and might be related to protein kinase C activation...
- TVP1022 protects neonatal rat ventricular myocytes against doxorubicin-induced functional derangementsAlexandra Berdichevski
Department of Physiology, Ruth and Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Haifa 31096, Israel
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 332:413-20. 2010....
- Evidence-based use of levosimendan in different clinical settingsLeonardo De Luca
Division of Cardiology, European Hospital, Rome, Italy
Eur Heart J 27:1908-20. 2006..This review summarizes the evidence from published scientific literature regarding the use of levosimendan in various clinical settings...
- The exenatide analogue AC3174 attenuates hypertension, insulin resistance, and renal dysfunction in Dahl salt-sensitive ratsQue Liu
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc, San Diego, CA, USA
Cardiovasc Diabetol 9:32. 2010..Hypothetically, chronic AC3174 treatment could attenuate salt-induced hypertension, cardiac morbidity, insulin resistance, and renal dysfunction in Dahl salt-sensitive (DSS) rats...
- Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndromesJean Pierre Bassand
Eur Heart J 28:1598-660. 2007
- Noninvasive diagnosis of ischemia-induced wall motion abnormalities with the use of high-dose dobutamine stress MRI: comparison with dobutamine stress echocardiographyE Nagel
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, German Heart Institute and Charité Campus Virchow, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Circulation 99:763-70. 1999..With ultrafast magnetic resonance tomography, identical stress protocols as used for echocardiography can be applied...
- Myocardial viability assessment in patients with highly impaired left ventricular function: comparison of delayed enhancement, dobutamine stress MRI, end-diastolic wall thickness, and TI201-SPECT with functional recovery after revascularizationM Gutberlet
Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Klinik fur Strahlenheilkunde, Diagnostic Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Eur Radiol 15:872-80. 2005..MRI-DE showed advantages compared with the widely used Tl(201)-SPECT and all other MRI methods for predicting myocardial recovery after CABG...
- Cardioprotective effect of adiponectin is partially mediated by its AMPK-independent antinitrative actionYajing Wang
Department of Emergency Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 297:E384-91. 2009....
- Effect of oligomer procyanidins on reperfusion arrhythmias and lactate dehydrogenase release in the isolated rat heartSamar Al-Makdessi
Institute of Physiology II, University of Tubingen, Germany
Arzneimittelforschung 56:317-21. 2006..7 +/- 79.0 mU/min, n = 10; p = 0.010). These results demonstrate an antiarrhythmic and cytoprotective effect of oral pretreatment with oligomer procyanidins under the given experimental conditions...
- Importance of diastolic fractional flow reserve and dobutamine challenge in physiologic assessment of myocardial bridgingJavier Escaned
Interventional Cardiology Service, Cardiovascular Institute, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:226-33. 2003..This study reports a comparative assessment of the hemodynamic relevance of myocardial bridges (MB) using two modalities of fractional flow reserve (FFR), with and without concomitant inotropic challenge...
- Mechanisms of glucosamine ischemic cardioprotectionJohn C Chatham; Fiscal Year: 2010..The successful outcome of this proposal will identify novel targets for the development of new therapeutic agents for the treatment and management of patients with ischemic heart disease. ..
- RODENT PHENOTYPING CORE &OTHER TECHNICAL CORESRALPH VICTOR SHOHET; Fiscal Year: 2011..increase hemodynamic load, various approaches to produce myocardial infarction or ischemia, and infusion of cardiotonic agents by osmotic minipumps...
- CHEMISTRY OF ARTHROPOD SECRETIONSJerrold Meinwald; Fiscal Year: 2007..a search for new anti-insect agents from insect larvae and pupae; elucidation of the structures of new cardiotonic agents from fireflies...
- Interaction of Cardiotonic Drugs with Cardiac TroponinBRIAN SYKES; Fiscal Year: 2009..Towards defining cardiotonic structure-activity relationships, we have shown that several cardiotonic agents specifically bind troponin C (cTnC) and determined high resolution structures of two cTnC-drug complexes, ..
- ION CHANNEL TARGETS FOR CARDIAC GLYCOSIDE ACTIONSJ Wasserstrom; Fiscal Year: 2000Cardiac glycosides are among the most widely used cardiotonic agents, despite a high incidence of toxicity. Their mechanism of action is thought to be exclusively an inhibition of the Na,K-ATPase...
- BIOSYNTHESIS OF NOVEL ADRENOCORTICAL STEROIDSJohn Hamlyn; Fiscal Year: 2000..Detailed knowledge of the structure of the adrenal materials can provide new insights into the design of improved cardiotonics as well as novel agents that interfere with receptor binding and adrenal biosynthesis. ..
- CARDIAC MYOCYTE-SPECIFIC SODIUM CHANNEL PROTEINSDONALD DOYLE; Fiscal Year: 1992..The cardiac voltage dependent sodium channel is the target of many currently used antiarrhythmic and cardiotonic agents. Characterization of the functional and structural properties of the cardiac "TTX-insensitive" (TTX-I) Na ..
- INTERACTION OF PALYTOXIN WITH NAK-ATPASE PROTEOLIPOSOMESATSUNOBU YODA; Fiscal Year: 1993..We also believe that the general knowledge that can be obtained by studying such an extremely potent vasoconstrictor will enable researchers to understand how PTX and similar compounds induce the constriction of heart muscle...
- Neurohormonal Blockade and Outcomes in Diastolic Heart FailureAli Ahmed; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed study will examine the effect of neurohormonal blockade in propensity matched OPTIMIZE-HF participants with diastolic heart failure. ..
- Heart Failure and Beta-Blocker Use in Older AdultsAli Ahmed; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Heart failure, chronic kidney disease, and renin-angiotensin system inhibitionAli Ahmed; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Effect of Drugs on Myocardial HypoxiaGarrett Gross; Fiscal Year: 2009..Information gained from these studies will hopefully lead to new therapies to treat patients with ischemic heart disease. ..
- MYOCARDIAL PRESERVATION DURING ISCHEMIC ARRESTDIPAK DAS; Fiscal Year: 2009..Ischemic heart disease represent the major cardiovascular related problems. Straitegies to reduce ischemic injury should improve the heart health leading to the reduction of death due to heart diseases. ..
- PHOSPHOLIPID SIGNALING IN MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIC INJURYDIPAK DAS; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- TRANSGENIC/KNOCKOUT ANIMALS IN MYOCARDIAL PRESERVATIONDIPAK DAS; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of this proposed research will hopefully increase our understanding of redox regulation by Trx/Grx in the ischemic myocardium. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- COLLABORATIVE R01-CARDIAC GRAFTS-FUNCTIONAL ANALYSESRobert Kloner; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Myocardial InfarctionRobert Kloner; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- GENETICS AND INTERMITTENT MYOCARDIAL HYPOXIAJohn Baker; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- CATECHOLS AND ADENOSINE IN MYOCARDIAL PRECONDITIONINGMichael Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, I will see if NECA's salvage of myocardium at reperfusion translates into rapid functional benefits. It is hoped that the potential of this new pharmacologic approach can be defined. ..
- CHRONIC HYPOXIA AND RESISTANCE TO MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIAJohn E Baker; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of these studies are expected to have an impact on our understanding of the biology of Tpo in heart and may lead to the development of new therapeutics for the treatment of myocardial infarction. ..
- NO AND OXIDATIVE STRESS IN HUMAN MYOCARDIAL FAILUREMichael Givertz; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Radiation injury to the heartJohn E Baker; Fiscal Year: 2010..1 ..
- Biologic Ventricular Assist DeviceRobert Kloner; Fiscal Year: 2004..Identification and characterization of transplants will be carried out with PCR analysis of the Y chromosome (male cells into female host), detailed histologic analysis and immunostaining for muscle cell markers. ..
- Post Coronary Bypass Atrial Arrhythmic Prediction RuleRod Passman; Fiscal Year: 2006..This project will be an integral part of the candidate?s career development plan and his maturation as an epidemiologist, cardiac electrophysiologist, and clinical investigator. ..
- PEDIATRIC CARDIOMYOPATHY REGISTRYSteven Lipshultz; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will dramatically increase our understanding of pediatric cardiomyopathy, suggest new areas of research and improved patient management. ..
- ACTION - A CHF Trial Investigating Outcomes of ExerciseCHRISTOPHER O CONNOR; Fiscal Year: 2008..The trial will take place over 5 years with an initial 6 months for planning, training, and implementation; 3 years of enrollment; 1 year of follow-up; and 6 months for close out, analysis, and presentation. ..
- METABOLISM OF INTRAVENOUS LIPID EMULSIONSRichard Deckelbaum; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Traetment Goals at the End of LifeTerri Fried; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- The function of RhoBTB proteinsSTEPHEN PAUL SOLTOFF; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of these studies may reveal a new pathway involved in the development of cancer and advance our understanding of the basic biology of transformation. ..
- Genetic Mechanisms of Anthracycline Cardiotoxicity in Pediatric Cancer SurvivorsSteven Lipshultz; Fiscal Year: 2009..If the HFE mutations are related to increased cardiotoxicity of anthracyclines. This study will elucidate the molecular mechanisms of anthracycline cardiotoxicity in pediatric ALL cancer survivors. ..
- MYOCARDIAL PROTECTION: REPERFUSION INJURY AMELIORATIONJames D McCully; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Cytoskeletal-Based Survival Pathways in MyocardiumRichard Vander Heide; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Assessment of Infant Outcomes After in Utero Exposure to Antiretroviral TherapySonia Hernandez diaz; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to evaluate the risk of congenital malformations and other adverse pregnancy outcomes following antenatal exposure to ART in a prospective cohort of pregnant women. ..
- Effect of Adenosine A2 receptor activation on the mitochondrial death pathwayZhelong Xu; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Cytokine induction of Claudin-1 in epicardial border zone of ischemic heartHeather S Duffy; Fiscal Year: 2010..We also propose to use sophisticated computer modeling to assess the impact on propagation that the addition of these extracellular barriers would provide. ..
- Oxidative Stress and Heart Failure by Copper RestrictionY James Kang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, Cu supplementation is not an appropriate approach to rescue diabetic cardiomyopathy. ..
- Mechanism of Myocardial Angiogenesis in Transgenic/Knockout AnimalsNilanjana Maulik; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal will provide and will identify important new insights into the cellular and molecular mechanisms of the cardioprotection provided by VEGF signaling through important candidate genes. ..
- Cardiac Defects/Cross-species analysis/Human MutationsDeepak Srivastava; Fiscal Year: 2009..Such studies will not only provide insight into the relevance of the human mutations, but will also reveal important structure-function aspects regarding the biology through which the cardiac regulatory proteins operate. ..
- STICH TRIAL - NEUROHORMONAL/ CYTOKINE/ GENETIC CORE LABArthur Feldman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Low expression of ACE gene or high levels of adenosine) will be most likely to achieve long-term benefit from either CABG or CABG with SVR. ..
- Cardiac Development and Cogenital Heart DiseaseDeepak Srivastava; Fiscal Year: 2004..The exposure of graduate students and post-doctoral fellows to the exciting opportunities in this field is essential for future progress and for the career development of the trainees. ..
- EXTRAMURAL RESEARCH FACILITIES IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMJohn Burnett; Fiscal Year: 2004..In summary, the new IIRF will strategically position Mayo's research effort in the new millennium, enabling NIH-level imaging research across multiple imaging modalities in one facility. ..
- METALLOTHIONEIN AND ADRIAMYCIN CARDIOTOXICITYY Kang; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Oxidative Stress and Nitric Oxide in Aged MyocardiumROBERT LASLEY; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results obtained may lead to the development of new therapies for treating cardiovascular disease in the elderly. ..
- Radiology Cancer Research Training CurriculumThomas Pearson; Fiscal Year: 2005..The curriculum will be seamlessly integrated within the confines of a radiology residency or fellowship program. ..
- Cardiovascular Stiffening in Aged Patients with CHFDavid Kass; Fiscal Year: 2005..This could lead to new therapeutic approaches to this difficult clinical problem that affects a growing aged patient population. ..
- TZD Treatment of Cocaine ToxicityGuy Weinberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will also establish an isolated heart model to study the potential for clinical application of TZDs to treat acute cocaine cardiac toxicity. ..
- Aging Heart and Vessels (International Conference)James Downey; Fiscal Year: 2004..7. To give governments a summary of new research findings and potential for the future that may contribute to health planning and problem solving from community to nation level. 8. To publish the proceedings as a public record. ..
- EXERCISE INTOLERANCE IN ELDERLY DIASTOLIC HEART FAILUREDalane Kitzman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- LifeSkills Video Training in Patients with Implanted ICDJoseph Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fatty Acids and Cardiovascular HealthDariush Mozaffarian; Fiscal Year: 2007..End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Behavioral and Physiological Responses to Race-Related Stress in Diabetic WomenJulie Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nitric Oxide/cGMP/Endotoxin-Induced Myocardial DysfunctFumito Ichinose; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- UNIVERSITY OF ROCHESTER NUTRITION ACADEMIC AWARD PROGRAMThomas Pearson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Dissemination of the curriculum and educational tools will be facilitated by programs in professional societies, collaboration with the food industry, and development of an easily accessible Website. ..
- Erythropoietin receptors in breast cancerMURAT ARCASOY; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Functional synergism in prevention of hormone refractory CaP by phytochemicalsJoseph Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The data obtained will support the concept that combined diet-derived phytochemicals can offer easily compliant strategies for protection against HRPC. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Comparative Safety and Effectiveness of Stimulants in Medicaid Youth with ADHDAlmut G Winterstein; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- DIABETIC ALTERATIONS OF CARDIAC METABOLISM AND FUNCTIONJohn Chatham; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Does SIRT1 regulate mammalian health and longevity?JOSEPH BAUR; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Autologous Cellular Therapy for Ventricular DysfunctionRobert Kormos; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Type-2 Diabetes and Cardiac DysfunctionJohn Chatham; Fiscal Year: 2009..This will facilitate the development of novel therapeutic interventions, designed to close the gap in mortality and morbidity between diabetic and non-diabetic patients with heart disease. ..
- Altered Glial Calcium Signaling in NeurodegenerationVera Golovina; Fiscal Year: 2008..Expression of S100beta and beta-APP will be identified by immunoblotting. Determining the mechanisms of IL-1beta - and A-beta-induced Ca2+influx in astrocytes could lead to novel therapeutic strategies for AD. ..
- Gordon Research Conference:Cardiac Regulatory MechanismsR Solaro; Fiscal Year: 2002..Much of the time of the meeting is devoted to debates and discussion. Presentations of late breaking science from young investigator will be added from the posters submitted to the meeting. ..