Genomes and Genes
Summary: Pesticides or their breakdown products remaining in the environment following their normal use or accidental contamination.
Publications390 found, 100 shown here
- A survey of pesticide residues in pollen loads collected by honey bees in FranceMarie Pierre Chauzat
Agence Francaise de Securite Sanitaire des Aliments, Les Templiers, Sophia Antipolis, France
J Econ Entomol 99:253-62. 2006..Statistical tests showed no difference between places of sampling with the exception of fipronil. Possible origins of these contaminations, concentration and toxicity of pesticides, and the possible consequences for bees are discussed...
- DDT residues in water, sediment, domestic and indigenous biota from a currently DDT-sprayed areaI E J Barnhoorn
Department of Urology, Faculty of Health Sciences, P O Box 667, University of Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa
Chemosphere 77:1236-41. 2009..These findings raise concern that both water and food may be major routes of human exposure to DDT and metabolites, thereby posing possible adverse human health implications to the local communities...
- Pesticides and their metabolites in the homes and urine of farmworker children living in the Salinas Valley, CAAsa Bradman
Center for Children s Environmental Health Research, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 7380, USA
J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol 17:331-49. 2007..The child activity timeline, a novel, low-literacy instrument based on pictures, was successfully used by our participants. Future uses of these data include the development of pesticide exposure models and risk assessment...
- Overview of pesticide residues in stored pollen and their potential effect on bee colony (Apis mellifera) losses in SpainJ Bernal
IU CINQUIMA, Analytical Chemistry Group, University of Valladolid, E 47071 Valladolid, Spain
J Econ Entomol 103:1964-71. 2010..The causes of this decline are still not clear. This study was set out to evaluate the pesticide residues in stored pollen from honey bee colonies and their possible impact on honey bee losses in Spain...
- Sub-lethal effects of pesticide residues in brood comb on worker honey bee (Apis mellifera) development and longevityJudy Y Wu
Department of Entomology, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e14720. 2011..We conducted studies to examine possible direct and indirect effects of pesticide exposure from contaminated brood comb on developing worker bees and adult worker lifespan...
- A LC/APCI-MS/MS method for analysis of imidacloprid in soils, in plants, and in pollensJ M Bonmatin
Centre de Biophysique Moleculaire, CNRS and Université Orléans, France
Anal Chem 75:2027-33. 2003..This explains that pollens from these crops are contaminated at levels of a few micrograms per kilogram, suggesting probable deleterious effects on honeybees...
- Endocrine disrupting activity in fruits and vegetables evaluated with the E-screen assay in relation to pesticide residuesT Schilirò
Department of Public Health and Microbiology, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 127:139-46. 2011..using the human breast cancer cell line (MCF-7 BUS) proliferation assay (E-screen), in relation to pesticide residues. We analysed 44 food samples, 30 fruits and 14 vegetables...
- Shell thickness-dependent Raman enhancement for rapid identification and detection of pesticide residues at fruit peelsBianhua Liu
Institute of Intelligent Machines, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Hefei, Anhui 230031, China
Anal Chem 84:255-61. 2012..Raman enhancement of silver-coated gold nanoparticles (Au@Ag NPs) for the identification and detection of pesticide residues at various fruit peels...
- Organochlorine pesticide residues in water from Guanting Reservoir and Yongding River, ChinaX T Wang
Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, 100085, People s Republic of China
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 70:351-8. 2003
- The contamination with organochlorine pesticides and heavy metals in surface water in Küçük Menderes River in Turkey, 2000-2002C Turgut
Adnan Menderes University, 09100 Aydin, Turkey
Environ Int 29:29-32. 2003..In most cases, they were not detectable. The studied surface water metals varied from not detected to 0.258 mg/l, and the residues were low except for Ni, Cu, and Zn...
- DDT contamination from indoor residual spraying for malaria controlJ C van Dyk
Department of Urology, University of Pretoria, Pretoria 0001, South Africa
Sci Total Environ 408:2745-52. 2010..0 microg kg(-1), liver mean [summation operator]DDT 1600.0 microg kg(-1)). The results of the current study raise concerns regarding the potential health effects in residents living in the immediate environment following DDT IRS...
- Metabolism of imidacloprid in Apis melliferaSéverine Suchail
INRA, UMR 406 INRA UAPV Ecologie des invertébrés, Site Agroparc, 84914 Avignon Cedex 9, France
Pest Manag Sci 60:291-6. 2004..Thus, 5-hydroxyimidacloprid and olefin could not be the major metabolites in the worker bees...
- Influence of pesticide residues on honey bee (Hymenoptera: Apidae) colony health in FranceMarie Pierre Chauzat
AFSSA LERPRA Les Templiers, 105 route des Chappes, B P 111, F 06 902 Sophia Antipolis cedex, France
Environ Entomol 38:514-23. 2009..colony health in relation to pesticide residues found in the colonies...
- Risk posed to honeybees (Apis mellifera L, Hymenoptera) by an imidacloprid seed dressing of sunflowersR Schmuck
Bayer AG, Agricultural Centre, D 51368 Leverkusen, Germany
Pest Manag Sci 57:225-38. 2001..This conclusion is confirmed by observations made in more than 10 field studies and several tunnel tests...
- Pesticide residues in beeswax samples collected from honey bee colonies (Apis mellifera L.) in FranceMarie Pierre Chauzat
AFSSA, Les Templiers, 105 route des Chappes, BP 111 F 06 902, Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France
Pest Manag Sci 63:1100-6. 2007..Beeswax contamination was the result of both in-hive acaricide treatments and, to a much lesser extent, environmental pollution...
- Convenient analytical method for quantitative determination of 23 pesticide residues in herbs by gas chromatography-mass spectrometryRonghua Dai
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, School of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang 110016, People s Republic of China
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 86:559-64. 2011..5%. The limits of detections of all pesticides were less than 3.0 μg/kg. This analytical method could be applied to the analysis of commonly used pesticides in commercial herbs...
- Dynamics of pesticide residues in nectar and pollen of mustard (Brassica juncea (L.) Czern.) grown in Himachal Pradesh (India)Amit Choudhary
Department of Entomology, CSK Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidyalaya, Palampur, Himachal Pradesh, India
Environ Monit Assess 144:143-50. 2008..It was found that Imidcloprid seed treatment was practically harmless to honey bees, whereas a waiting period of 5 days must be observed on crops sprayed with these chemicals during blooms to avoid any accidental hazards to honey bees...
- Exposure to clothianidin seed-treated canola has no long-term impact on honey beesG Christopher Cutler
Department of Environmental Biology, Ontario Agricultural College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
J Econ Entomol 100:765-72. 2007..The results show that honey bee colonies will, in the long-term, be unaffected by exposure to clothianidin seed-treated canola...
- Determination and aquatic risk assessment of pesticide residues in riparian drainage canals in northeastern GreeceZ Vryzas
Democritus University of Thrace, Faculty of Agricultural Development, Laboratory of Agricultural Pharmacology and Ecotoxicology, 193 Pantazidou, Orestias, Greece
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 74:174-81. 2011..However, should extreme concentrations be taken into account, 15 compounds were considered as likely to pose a threat to aquatic organisms. Conformity to EC environmental quality standards is also discussed...
- Contaminants of medicinal herbs and herbal productsIvan Kosalec
Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Arh Hig Rada Toksikol 60:485-501. 2009..and other organisms) and chemical contaminants (mycotoxins, toxic elements such as heavy metals, and pesticide residues) as major common contaminants of medicinal herbs and herbal products...
- Detection of toxic heavy metals and pesticide residue in herbal plants which are commonly used in the herbal formulationsMruthyumjaya Meda Rao
National Institute of Ayurvedic Pharmaceutical Research, CCRAS, Moti Bagh Road, Patiala, Punjab, 147001, India
Environ Monit Assess 181:267-71. 2011..Organochlorine pesticides, Organophosphorus pesticides, and Pyrethroids were analyzed in the four samples of single crude drugs. Heavy metals and pesticide residue were found below detection limits in all the samples...
- Pesticide residues in honey samples from Himachal Pradesh (India)Amit Choudhary
Department of Entomology, CSK Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidyalaya, Palampur, Himachal Pradesh 176062, India
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 80:417-22. 2008..The over-reliance on pesticides caused several environmental problems including pesticide residues in food. This constitutes a potential risk for human health, because of their sub acute and chronic toxicity...
- Distribution of organochlorine pesticides (OCPs) and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in human serum from urban areas in KoreaJung Ho Kang
School of Environmental Science and Engineering, POSTECH, Hyojadong, Namgu, Pohang, Republic of Korea
Chemosphere 73:1625-31. 2008..Extensive monitoring programs are required for evaluating the concentrations of OCPs and PCBs in serum samples of the general population as an indicator of possible adverse health effects...
- Detection of pesticides in active and depopulated beehives in UruguayLucía Pareja
Catedra de Farmacognosia y Productos Naturales, Departamento de Quimica Organica, Facultad de Quimica, UDELAR, General Flores 2124, Montevideo 11800, Uruguay
Int J Environ Res Public Health 8:3844-58. 2011..Honeycombs, bees, honey and propolis from depopulated hives were analyzed for pesticide residues, whereas from active beehives only honey and propolis were evaluated...
- Assessing children's dietary pesticide exposure: direct measurement of pesticide residues in 24-hr duplicate food samplesChensheng Lu
Exposure, Epidemiology, and Risk Program, Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Environ Health Perspect 118:1625-30. 2010The data presented here are a response to calls for more direct measurements of pesticide residues in foods consumed by children and provide an opportunity to compare direct measures of pesticide residues in foods representing actual ..
- Levels and source of organochlorine pesticides in surface waters of Qiantang River, ChinaRongbing Zhou
Department of Environmental Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310028, China
Environ Monit Assess 136:277-87. 2008..49 and 0.86 ton/year, respectively. The ratio of alpha/gamma-HCH and (DDE+DDD)/ sigmaDDT in environmental matrix indicated there probably existed new OCPs input of lindane and dicofol into the river...
- Organochlorine pesticide residues in wheat and drinking water samples from Jaipur, Rajasthan, IndiaNeela Bakore
Environmental Toxicology Unit, Department of Zoology, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, India
Environ Monit Assess 98:381-9. 2004..All the wheat and water samples were found to be contaminated with various organochlorine pesticide residues of DDT and its metabolites, HCH and its isomers, heptachlor and its expoxide and aldrin...
- Levels and distribution of persistent organochlorine pesticide residues in water and sediments of Gomti River (India)--a tributary of the Ganges RiverAmrita Malik
Environmental Chemistry Division, Industrial Toxicology Research Centre, Post Box 80, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, Lucknow 226 001, India
Environ Monit Assess 148:421-35. 2009..The results revealed that bed-sediments of the Gomti River are contaminated with lindane, endrin, heptachlor epoxides and DDT, particularly at site-4 and may contribute to sediment toxicity in the freshwater ecosystem of the river...
- Determination of 195 pesticide residues in Chinese herbs by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry using analyte protectantsYing Wang
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine, National Institute for the Control of Pharmaceutical and Biological Products, Beijing 100050, China
J Chromatogr A 1218:334-42. 2011..D-ribonic acid-γ-lactone (2 mg/ml) and D-sorbitol (1 mg/ml) were shown to be the best analyte protectants for the analysis of most pesticides...
- Distribution and fate of persistent organochlorine pesticides in coastal marine environment of MumbaiG G Pandit
Environmental Assessment Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Trombay, Mumbai 400 085, India
Environ Int 32:240-3. 2006..The alpha-HCH is found to be more dominant in fish samples whereas the gamma-HCH is major contributor in the sediment samples...
- Screening 31 endocrine-disrupting pesticides in water and surface sediment samples from Beijing Guanting reservoirNandong Xue
State Key Laboratory of Environmental Chemistry and Ecotoxicology, Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 18 Shuangqing Road, Beijing 100085, PR China
Chemosphere 61:1594-606. 2005..These results underscore the need to improved environmental protection measures in order to reduce the exposure of the population and aquatic biota to these endocrine-disrupting compounds...
- Fast and easy multiresidue method employing acetonitrile extraction/partitioning and "dispersive solid-phase extraction" for the determination of pesticide residues in produceMichelangelo Anastassiades
U S Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Eastern Regional Research Center, 600 E Mermaid Ln, Wyndmoor, PA 19038, USA
J AOAC Int 86:412-31. 2003A simple, fast, and inexpensive method for the determination of pesticide residues in fruits and vegetables is introduced...
- Combined analysis of prenatal (maternal hair and blood) and neonatal (infant hair, cord blood and meconium) matrices to detect fetal exposure to environmental pesticidesEnrique M Ostrea
Department of Pediatrics, Hutzel Women s Hospital, Wayne State University, 3980 John R, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Environ Res 109:116-22. 2009....
- Comparing water, bovine milk, and indoor residual spraying as possible sources of DDT and pyrethroid residues in breast milkBarbara Sereda
Agricultural Research Council, Plant Protection Research Institute, Pretoria, South Africa
J Toxicol Environ Health A 72:842-51. 2009....
- Does imidacloprid seed-treated maize have an impact on honey bee mortality?B K Nguyen
Department of Functional and Evolutionary Entomology, FUSAGx, 5030 Gembloux, Belgium
J Econ Entomol 102:616-23. 2009..Our results support the hypothesis that imidacloprid seed-treated maize has no negative impact on honey bees...
- Monitoring health implications of pesticide exposure in factory workers in PakistanDilshad Ahmed Khan
Department of Chemical Pathology, Army Medical College, National University of Sciences and Technology, Rawalpindi, Pakistan
Environ Monit Assess 168:231-40. 2010..001). The study demonstrated that unsafe practices among small- and medium-sized pesticides industrial workers cause significant increase in pesticide exposure, oxidative stress, and derangement of hepatic and renal function...
- Analysis of eight organophosphorus pesticide residues in fresh vegetables retailed in agricultural product markets of Nanjing, ChinaLigang Wang
Institute of Soil Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Nanjing 210008, China
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 81:377-82. 2008..106-0.204 microg g(-1)), and Chinese cabbage (0.149 microg g(-1)), chlorfenvinfos in carrot (0.094-0.131 microg g(-1)), were found. However, fonofos and fenthion were not detected in all the collected vegetable samples...
- Hexachlorocyclohexane (HCH) as new Stockholm Convention POPs--a global perspective on the management of Lindane and its waste isomersJohn Vijgen
International HCH and Pesticides Association IHPA, Elmevej 14, Holte 2840, Denmark
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 18:152-62. 2011..This article wants to briefly summarise the outcomes of the Stockholm Convention process and make an estimation of the amount of HCH waste generated and dumped in the former Lindane/HCH-producing countries...
- DDT indoor residual spray, still an effective tool to control Anopheles fluviatilis-transmitted Plasmodium falciparum malaria in IndiaK Gunasekaran
Vector Control Research Centre, Medical Complex, Indira Nagar, Pondicherry 605 006, India
Trop Med Int Health 10:160-8. 2005..DDT is still useful for residual spraying in India, particularly in areas where the vectors are endophilic and not resistant...
- Occupational behaviors and farmworkers' pesticide exposure: findings from a study in Monterey County, CaliforniaAlicia L Salvatore
Center for Children s Environmental Health Research, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 7380, USA
Am J Ind Med 51:782-94. 2008....
- Methods for selective determination of persistent organochlorine pesticide residues in water and sediments by capillary gas chromatography and electron-capture detectionO S Fatoki
Department of Chemistry, University of Fort Hare, Alice 5700, South Africa
J Chromatogr A 983:225-36. 2003..6 (aldrin and 2,4-DDD) to 184 +/- 0.12 ng/g (beta-BHC) in sediments for triplicate analyses. Some endocrine disrupting OCPs such as DDT, DDE, heptachlor, endosulphan and the chlordanes were detected...
- Analysis of pesticide residues using the Quick Easy Cheap Effective Rugged and Safe (QuEChERS) pesticide multiresidue method in combination with gas and liquid chromatography and tandem mass spectrometric detectionPaula Payá
Departamento Quimica Agricola, Geologia y Edafologia, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad de Murcia, Campus de Espinardo s n, 30100 Espinardo, Murcia, Spain
Anal Bioanal Chem 389:1697-714. 2007..Based on these results, the methodology has been proven to be highly efficient and robust and thus suitable for monitoring the MRL compliance of a wide range of commodity/pesticide combinations...
- Dialkylphosphates (DAPs) in fruits and vegetables may confound biomonitoring in organophosphorus insecticide exposure and risk assessmentXiaofei Zhang
Personal Chemical Exposure Program, Environmental Toxicology Graduate Program, and infoscientific com, Inc, Manassas, Virginia 20111, USA
J Agric Food Chem 56:10638-45. 2008..DAPs are more persistent in plants and produce at routinely measured levels than their parent OP insecticides...
- Merging models and biomonitoring data to characterize sources and pathways of human exposure to organophosphorus pesticides in the Salinas Valley of CaliforniaThomas E McKone
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California, Center for Children s Environmental Health Research, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, California, USA
Environ Sci Technol 41:3233-40. 2007..These results show that mass-balance models can estimate exposures for OP pesticides within the range measured by biological monitoring...
- Persistent organochlorine pesticide residues in tissues and eggs of white-backed vulture, Gyps bengalensis from different locations in IndiaS Muralidharan
Division of Ecotoxicology, Salim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History, Coimbatore, India
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 81:561-5. 2008Organochlorine pesticide residues were determined in tissues of five Indian white-backed vultures and two of their eggs collected from different locations in India. All the samples had varying levels of residues. p,p'-DDE ranged between 0...
- Endosulfan and other organochlorine pesticide residues in maternal and cord blood in North Indian populationRahul Pathak
Department of Biochemistry, University College of Medical Sciences, Dilshad Garden, Delhi, 110 095, India
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 81:216-9. 2008Humans are exposed to various environmental chemicals such as organochlorine pesticide residues, heavy metals, polychlorinatedbiphenyls (PCBs) etc...
- Pesticide residues in market foods in Shaanxi Province of China in 2010Shumei Wang
Department of Public Health, School of Medicine, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, Shaanxi 710049, China
Food Chem 138:2016-25. 2013The aim of this study was to investigate the pesticide residues in market vegetables in Shaanxi Province of China. The concentrations of 33 pesticides were determined by gas chromatography (GC) in 285 samples...
- Multiresidue analysis of 18 organochlorine pesticides in traditional chinese medicineLili Hao
Institute of Medicinal Plant Development, Chinese Academy of Medical Science and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100094, China
J Chromatogr Sci 44:518-22. 2006..The percentage recoveries range from 77.9% +/- 6.4% to 114.0% +/- 8.1% (average +/- standard deviation). The simple and rapid method may be used to routinely determine organochlorine pesticides in TCM...
- Determination of pesticide residues in foods by acetonitrile extraction and partitioning with magnesium sulfate: collaborative studySteven J Lehotay
U S Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Eastern Regional Research Center, 600 E Mermaid Ln, Wyndmoor, PA 19038, USA
J AOAC Int 90:485-520. 2007A collaborative study was conducted to determine multiple pesticide residues in fruits and vegetables using a quick, simple, inexpensive, and effective sample preparation method followed by concurrent analysis with gas chromatography/mass ..
- Rapid analysis of multiple pesticide residues in fruit-based baby food using programmed temperature vaporiser injection-low-pressure gas chromatography-high-resolution time-of-flight mass spectrometryTomas Cajka
Institute of Chemical Technology, Prague, Faculty of Food and Biochemical Technology, Department of Food Chemistry and Analysis, Technicka 3, 166 28 Prague 6, Czech Republic
J Chromatogr A 1186:281-94. 2008..time-of-flight mass spectrometry (PTV-LP-GC-HR-TOF-MS) for the analysis of multiple pesticide residues in fruit-based baby food was developed...
- Distribution of [(14)C]imidacloprid in sunflowers (Helianthus annuus L.) following seed treatmentFrançois M Laurent
INRA, UMR Xenobiotiques, B P 3, 180 chemin de Tournefeuille, 31931 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
J Agric Food Chem 51:8005-10. 2003..In pollen, concentrations of imidacloprid were 13 ng x g(-1). Thus, imidacloprid residues from Gaucho seed treatment contaminated sunflower pollen, involving the translocation of imidacloprid within the plant...
- Metals and organochlorine pesticide residues in some herbal ayurvedic formulationsV Rai
Society of Ethnobotanists, National Botanical Research Institute, Lucknow, 226 001, India
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 79:269-72. 2007
- Analytical methods applied to the determination of pesticide residues in foods of animal origin. A review of the past two decadesMartial LeDoux
ANSES French Agency for Food, Environmental, and Occupational Health and Safety, Laboratory for Food Safety, 23 Avenude du Général de Gaulle, 94706 Maisons Alfort cedex, France
J Chromatogr A 1218:1021-36. 2011..Consequently, reliable analytical methods are required to determine pesticide residues in foods of animal origin...
- Occurrence, distribution and possible sources of organochlorine pesticide residues in tropical coastal environment of India: an overviewS K Sarkar
Department of Marine Science, University of Calcutta, 35 Ballygunge Circular Road, Calcutta 700019, India
Environ Int 34:1062-71. 2008..The concentrations of other chlorinated pesticides (aldrin, dieldrin, eldrin, methoxychlor, endosulfan sulphate) were lower and not generally of great concern...
- Organochlorine pesticide residues in human milk from primiparous women in IndonesiaE R Burke
Department of Environmental Management, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, PR1 2HE, United Kingdom
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 71:148-55. 2003
- Multi-residue method for the determination of 450 pesticide residues in honey, fruit juice and wine by double-cartridge solid-phase extraction/gas chromatography-mass spectrometry and liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryG F Pang
Qinhuangdao Entry Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau Inspection and Quarantine Technique Centre, No 39 Haibin Road, Qinhuangdao China Qinhuangdao, 066002 China
Food Addit Contam 23:777-810. 2006A multi-residue method was developed for the determination of 450 pesticide residues in honey, fruit juice and wine using double-cartridge solid-phase extraction (SPE), gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) and liquid ..
- Pesticide residues and heavy metals in Lake Victoria Nile perch, Lates niloticus, belly flap oilP Ogwok
Department of Chemistry, Food Processing Technology Section, Kyambogo University, P O Box 1, Kampala, Uganda
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 82:529-33. 2009..The oil was analyzed for pesticide residues and heavy metals...
- Pesticide residues in conventional, integrated pest management (IPM)-grown and organic foods: insights from three US data setsB P Baker
Organic Materials Review Institute, PO Box 11558, Eugene, OR 97440, USA
Food Addit Contam 19:427-46. 2002..Conventionally grown and IPM/NDR samples were also far more likely to contain multiple pesticide residues than were organically grown samples...
- Using a hazard quotient to evaluate pesticide residues detected in pollen trapped from honey bees (Apis mellifera) in ConnecticutKimberly A Stoner
Department of Entomology, The Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e77550. 2013..Pollen was analyzed for pesticide residues using a standard extraction method widely used for pesticides (QuEChERS) and liquid chromatography/mass ..
- Streamlining sample preparation and gas chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry analysis of multiple pesticide residues in teaTomas Cajka
Institute of Chemical Technology, Prague, Faculty of Food and Biochemical Technology, Department of Food Analysis and Nutrition, Prague, Czech Republic
Anal Chim Acta 743:51-60. 2012In this work, a new rapid method for the determination of 135 pesticide residues in green and black dry tea leaves and stalks employing gas chromatography coupled to tandem mass spectrometry (GC-MS/MS) with a triple quadrupole was ..
- Monitoring of seasonal vegetables for pesticide residuesBeena Kumari
Department of Entomology, CCS Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar, India
Environ Monit Assess 74:263-70. 2002..More extensive studies covering different regions of Haryana state are suggested to get a clear idea of the magnitude of vegetable contamination with pesticide residues.
- Bioavailability of nonextractable (bound) pesticide residues to earthwormsB Gevao
Department of Environmental and Biological Sciences, Institute of Environmental and Natural Sciences, Lancaster University, Lancaster LA1 4YQ, U K
Environ Sci Technol 35:501-7. 2001There is an ongoing debate regarding whether nonextractable (bound) pesticide residues in soils are occluded or may remain bioavailable in the long term in the environment...
- Application of QuEChERS method for simultaneous determination of pesticide residues and PAHs in fresh herbsAnna Sadowska-Rociek
Malopolska Centre of Food Monitoring, Faculty of Food Technology, University of Agriculture in Krakow, 122 Balicka Street, 30 149, Krakow, Poland
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 90:508-13. 2013..effective, rugged and safe method for simultaneous determination of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and pesticide residues in fresh herbs. In the experiment two extraction solvents and standard types of sorbents were used...
- Monitoring of pesticide residues in market basket samples of vegetable from Lucknow City, India: QuEChERS methodAshutosh K Srivastava
Pesticide Toxicology Laboratory, Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research Govt of India, P O Box 80, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, Lucknow, 226 001, India
Environ Monit Assess 176:465-72. 2011..However, in other vegetables the level of pesticide residues was either below detection limit or MRL.
- Monitoring of pesticide residues in vegetables marketed in Al-Qassim region, Saudi ArabiaK A Osman
Department of Pesticide Chemistry and Toxicology, College of Agriculture, El Chatby, P O Box 21545, Alexandria University, Egypt
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 73:1433-9. 2010..917 mg/kg). These findings pointed to the following recommendation: the need for a monitoring program for pesticide residues in vegetables cultivated under greenhouse conditions at the national level to protect consumers' health.
- Survey on the pesticide residues in tea in south IndiaSubbiah Seenivasan
UPASI Tea Research Foundation, Tea Research Institute, Nirar Dam BPO, Valparai, 642 127, India
Environ Monit Assess 176:365-71. 2011..Such a beverage should be free from toxic elements such as pesticide residues and heavy metals...
- Determination of pesticide residues in fruits and vegetables in Islamabad marketS Tahir
Ecotoxicology Institute, National Agricultural Research Center, Park Road, Islamabad-45500, Pakistan
J Environ Biol 22:71-4. 2001b>Pesticide residues in fruits and vegetable from Islamabad market, Pakistan were determined by GLC using Perkin Elmer Autosystem equipped with 63NECD and capillary column. Dimethoate was determined in the quantity of 0...
- Levels of organochlorine pesticide residues in blood plasma of various species of birds from IndiaVenugopal Dhananjayan
Indian Council of Medical Research, Kannamangala PO, Bangalore, India
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 85:129-36. 2010..However, continuous monitoring is recommended to facilitate the early identification of risks to the survival of a species...
- Selective extraction of pyrethroid pesticide residues from milk by solid-matrix dispersionA Di Muccio
, Lab. Tossicologia Applicata, Rome, Italy
J Chromatogr A 765:51-60. 1997..has been developed that allows a single-step, selective extraction and clean-up of pyrethroid (PYR) pesticide residues from milk dispersed on solid-matrix diatomaceous material filled into disposable cartridges and eluted by ..
- Rapid and effective sample clean-up based on magnetic multiwalled carbon nanotubes for the determination of pesticide residues in tea by gas chromatography-mass spectrometryXiaojuan Deng
School of Materials Science and Engineering, Tianjin University, Tianjin 300072, China Analysis Center, Tianjin University, Tianjin 300072, China Electronic address
Food Chem 145:853-8. 2014..applied as an adsorbent for rapid clean-up of acetonitrile extracts of tea samples prior to analysing eight pesticide residues by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry...
- Pesticide use and application: an Indian scenarioP C Abhilash
Eco Auditing Group, National Botanical Research Institute, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Rana Pratap Marg, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
J Hazard Mater 165:1-12. 2009..Therefore, the thrust of this paper was to review the technology of application of pesticides in India and recommend future strategies for the rational use of pesticides and minimizing the problems related to health and environment...
- Simultaneous determination of pyrethroids from pesticide residues in porcine muscle and pasteurized milk using GCSathya Khay
Natural Products Chemistry Laboratory, College of Agriculture and Life Science, Chonnam National University, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
J Sep Sci 32:244-51. 2009..The applicability of the method was demonstrated by analyzing real samples collected from major cities in the Republic of Korea. No residues of the selected pesticides were detected in any of the samples...
- Analysis of pesticide residues in fresh peppermint, Mentha piperita L., using the quick easy cheap effective rugged and safe method (QuEChERS) followed by gas chromatography with electron capture and nitrogen phosphorus detectionMagdalena Słowik-Borowiec
Institute of Plant Protection, Regional Experimental Station, Gen Langiewicza 28, 60 318, Rzeszow, Poland
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 89:633-7. 2012A new analytical method for the determination of 14 pesticide residues in fresh peppermint was developed based on the QuEChERS sample preparation technique followed by gas chromatography coupled to electron capture and nitrogen phosphorus ..
- Monitoring of pesticide residues in vegetables (2000--2003) in Karachi, PakistanZ Parveen
Pesticide Research Institute, Southern Zone Agricultural Research Center, Pakistan Agricultural Research Council, Karachi University Campus, Karachi 75270, Pakistan
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 74:170-6. 2005
- Pesticide residues in tobacco leaves from the Kushtia district in BangladeshMohammad Abdur Rahman
Agrochemicals and Environmental Research Division, Institute of Food and Radiation Biology, Atomic Energy Research Establishment, Ganakbari, Savar, Dhaka, 1349, Bangladesh
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 89:658-63. 2012..15 ppm). The pesticide DDT was only detected in the sample from Pragpur at 4.00 ppm. This is the first study in Bangladesh that reports pesticide residue concentrations in tobacco leaf samples...
- Organochlorine pesticide residue concentrations in shrimps, sediments, and surface water from Bay of Ohuira, Topolobampo, Sinaloa, MexicoI Osuna-Flores
Department of Studies for the Sustainable Development of Coastal Areas, University Centre of the Coastal Soud, University of Guadalajara, Cihuatlán, Jalisco, Mexico
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 68:532-9. 2002
- Use of automated direct sample introduction with analyte protectants in the GC-MS analysis of pesticide residuesTomas Cajka
Institute of Chemical Technology, Prague, Department of Food Chemistry and Analysis, Technicka 3, 166 28 Prague 6, Czech Republic
J Sep Sci 28:1048-60. 2005..sample introduction, or difficult matrix introduction (DMI), was investigated in the determination of 44 pesticide residues possessing a wide range of physico-chemical properties (volatility, polarity, pK(a)) in fruit-based baby ..
- Comparison of negative chemical ionization and electron impact ionization in gas chromatography-mass spectrometry of endocrine disrupting pesticidesRenáta Húsková
Institute of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemical and Food Technology, Slovak University of Technology, Radlinskeho 9, Bratislava 81237, Slovak Republic
J Chromatogr A 1216:4927-32. 2009The study of pesticide residues belonging to endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs) (23 analytes of different chemical classes--organochlorines, organophosphates, pyrethroids, dicarboximides, phtalamides, dinitroanilines, pyrazole, ..
- Effect of pesticide residues on health and blood parameters of farm workers from rural Gadap, Karachi, PakistanM Ahmed Azmi
Department of Physiology, Baqai Medical University, 51 Deh Tor, Gadap Road, Near Toll Plaza, Super Highway, P O Box No 2407, Karachi 74600, Pakistan
J Environ Biol 30:747-56. 2009..Our findings indicate that indiscriminate use of pesticides in farming environments must be regularly assessed and farm workers must be trained for safe use of pesticides...
- Exposures of preschool children to chlorpyrifos and its degradation product 3,5,6-trichloro-2-pyridinol in their everyday environmentsMarsha K Morgan
National Exposure Research Laboratory, USEPA, Research Triangle Park, NC 27711, USA
J Expo Anal Environ Epidemiol 15:297-309. 2005..In conclusion, the results showed that the preschool children were exposed to chlorpyrifos and TCP from several sources, through several pathways and routes. ...
- Organochlorine pesticide residues in sediments from coastal environment of Cantabria (northern Spain) and evaluation of the Atlantic OceanSonia Gomez
Departamento de Ingeniería Química y Química Inorgánica, ETSIIyT, Universidad de Cantabria, Avda de los Castros s n, 39005, Santander, Cantabria, Spain
Environ Monit Assess 176:385-401. 2011..No adverse biological effects derived from these pollutants are expected to take place as it can be concluded from the comparison with the existent marine sediment quality guidelines...
- Organochlorine pesticide residues in human milk of a Hmong hill tribe living in Northern ThailandW Stuetz
Institute of Biological Chemistry and Nutrition, University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany
Sci Total Environ 273:53-60. 2001....
- Spatial distribution of organochlorine pesticide residues in soils surrounding Guanting Reservoir, People's Republic of ChinaW Tieyu
Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Post Office Box 2871, 18 Shuangqing Road, Haidian District, Beijing 10085, People s Republic of China
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 74:623-30. 2005
- Determination of organochlorine pesticide residues in fatty foods: a critical review on the analytical methods and their testing capabilitiesStephen W C Chung
Food Research Laboratory, Centre for Food Safety, Food and Environmental Hygiene Department, 4 F Public Health Laboratory Centre, 382 Nam Cheong Street, Hong Kong
J Chromatogr A 1218:5555-67. 2011....
- Development and validation of a cellular biosensor detecting pesticide residues in tomatoesKelly Flampouri
Laboratory of Plant Physiology, Faculty of Agricultural Biotechnology, Agricultural University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Talanta 80:1799-804. 2010..The experimental results showed a higher increase of the intracellular Ca(2+) concentration in cells treated with non-organic samples compared to the cells treated with organic samples...
- Environmental and lifestyle factors for organochlorine exposure among women living in Southern SpainI Cerrillo
Laboratory of Medical Investigations, School of Medicine, University of Granada, Hospital Clinico, 18071 Granada, Spain
Chemosphere 62:1917-24. 2006..Research is required on women occupationally exposed to a selected group of organochlorine pesticides, especially those of reproductive age, as a basis for preventive action...
- Multi-residue method for fast determination of pesticide residues in plants used in traditional chinese medicine by ultra-high-performance liquid chromatography coupled to tandem mass spectrometryLina Chen
Changchun Centre of Mass Spectrometry, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Changchun 130022, China
J Chromatogr A 1225:132-40. 2012..mass spectrometry (UHPLC-MS/MS) method for the simultaneous quantification and identification of 116 pesticide residues which were most widely used in plants used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) in 15 min has been ..
- Comparison of sample preparation methods combined with fast gas chromatography-mass spectrometry for ultratrace analysis of pesticide residues in baby foodAndrea Hercegová
Institute of Analytical Chemistry, Slovak University of Technology, Faculty of Chemical and Food Technology, Radlinského, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
J Sep Sci 29:1102-9. 2006Four sample preparation techniques were compared for the ultratrace analysis of pesticide residues in baby food: (a) modified Schenck's method based on ACN extraction with SPE cleaning; (b) quick, easy, cheap, effective, rugged, and safe (..
- Soils as filter and buffer for pesticides--experimental concepts to understand soil functionsPeter Burauel
Institute of Chemistry and Dynamics of the Geosphere, Institute IV Agrosphere, Forschungszentrum Julich GmbH, D 52425 Julich, Germany
Environ Pollut 133:11-6. 2005..The sound prediction of these mechanisms is still a matter of scientific debate because the structure of NOM and its reaction potential is still not understood...
- Persistent organochlorine pesticide residues in fish from Guanting Reservoir, People's Republic of ChinaY Z Sun
Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, 100085, People s Republic of China
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 74:537-44. 2005
- Detection of pesticide residues in muscles, liver and fat of 3 species of Labeo found in Kalri and Haleji lakesTasneem A Saqib
Department of Zoology, University of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan
J Environ Biol 26:433-8. 2005The pesticide residues which were detected in fish tissues are DDT, DDE, aldrin, dieldrin and deltamethrin. In total 45 samples were taken out of which 18 were found positive...
- Occurrence of organophosphorus and carbamate pesticide residues in surface water samples from the Rangpur district of BangladeshAlamgir Zaman Chowdhury
Agrochemicals and Environmental Research Division, Institute of Food and Radiation Biology, Atomic Energy Research Establishment, Ganakbari, Savar, G P O BOX 3787, Dhaka, 1349, Bangladesh
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 89:202-7. 2012..544-0.895, 0.949-1.671 and 0-0.195 μg/L, respectively. This result indicates that the general public living in the area of Rangpur is at high risk of pesticide exposure from contaminated waters in the environment...
- New platform of biosensors for prescreening of pesticide residues to support laboratory analysesKatia Buonasera
Department of Agro food, Institute of Crystallography, 00015 Monterontodo Scalo, Rome, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 58:5982-90. 2010..The system has been validated for the analysis of environmental water and is proposed to support laboratories involved in the control of water pollution...
- Determination of some organochlorine pesticide residues in honeys from Konya, TurkeyHalil Yavuz
Department of Biology, Science Faculty, Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey
Environ Monit Assess 168:277-83. 2010In this study, 24 organochlorine pesticide residues in 109 different honey samples collected from stores and open markets in Konya, Turkey were analyzed by gas chromatography-electron capture detection...
- Multiresidue pesticide analysis of the medicinal plant Origanum syriacumR M Hajjo
University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan
Food Addit Contam 24:274-9. 2007..0008-0.5 mg kg(-1). The method was used for the determination of pesticide residues in O. syriacum samples purchased from the local market...
- The status of pesticide residues in the drinking water sources in Meiliangwan Bay, Taihu Lake of ChinaTa Na
State Key Laboratory of Pollution Control and Resouce Reuse, School of Environment, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
Environ Monit Assess 123:351-70. 2006The study was carried out to assess the levels of pesticide residues in the water of Meiliangwan Bay, Taihu Lake of China...
- Composition and distribution of organochlorine pesticide residues in surface sediments from the Wu-Shi River Estuary, TaiwanRuey An Doong
Department of Nuclear Science, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan, ROC
Mar Pollut Bull 45:246-53. 2002..The results obtained in this study show that there still exist a variety of organochlorine pesticide residues in the sediments from the near shore of central Taiwan.
- Effects of food processing on pesticide residues in fruits and vegetables: a meta-analysis approachB M Keikotlhaile
Crop Protection Chemistry Laboratory, Department of Crop Protection, Faculty of Bioscience Engineering, Ghent University, Coupure Links 653, Ghent B9000, Belgium
Food Chem Toxicol 48:1-6. 2010..b>Pesticide residues have been found in various fruits and vegetables; both raw and processed...
- Assessment of pesticide residues in honey samples from portugal and SpainCristina Blasco
Laboratori de Bromatologia i Toxicologia, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Valencia, Av Vicent Andres Estelles s n, 46100 Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 51:8132-8. 2003..of Portugal and Spain during year 2002 were analyzed for 42 organochlorine, carbamate, and organophosphorus pesticide residues. An analytical procedure based on solid-phase extraction with octadecyl sorbent followed by gas ..
- Effect of pesticide residues on health and different enzyme levels in the blood of farm workers from Gadap (rural area) Karachi-PakistanM Ahmed Azmi
Baqai Medical University, 51, Deh Tor, Gadap Road, Super Highway P O Box No 2407, Karachi 74600, Pakistan
Chemosphere 64:1739-44. 2006....
- Accurate-mass databases for comprehensive screening of pesticide residues in food by fast liquid chromatography time-of-flight mass spectrometryMilagros Mezcua
Community Reference Laboratory DG SANCO for Residues of Pesticides in Fruits and Vegetables, Pesticide Residue Research Group, Department of Hydrogeology and Analytical Chemistry, University of Almeria, 04120 La Cañada de San Urbano, Almeria, Spain
Anal Chem 81:913-29. 2009..This work reports the development and evaluation of a rapid automated screening method for determining pesticide residues in food using liquid chromatography electrospray time-of-flight mass spectrometry (LC-TOFMS) based on the ..
- REDUCING PESTICIDE EXPOSURE IN MINORITY FAMILIESLinda McCauley; Fiscal Year: 2004..outcomes in Latino children who speak Spanish and indigenous languages, living in homes with measured pesticide residues and in children living in homes with minimal measurable pesticide residues...
- Modeling and Engineering of Phosphotriesterase (PTE)Yirong Mo; Fiscal Year: 2005..To remove the pesticide residues in nature, enzymatic biodegradation has been recommended in terms of safety and economy...
- Continuation of FERN Activities at the Connecticut Agricultural Experiment StatioLAURIE J PETERSON-WRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have used GC-MS to detect melamine in food products from China and pesticide residues in fruits and vegetables...
- A Microfluidic Biochip for Rapid Screening of Pesticide ResidueXiaoli Su; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): A Microfluidic Biochip for Rapid Screening of Pesticide Residues Project Summary The overall goal of this SBIR Phase II project is to develop an easy-to-use, low-cost, field-portable, and sensitive ..
- ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Accreditation for State Food Testing LaboratoriesStephanie K Mayfield Gibson; Fiscal Year: 2013..This will be conducted through certified methods for screening of chemicals, such as pesticide residues in processed foods, such as fruits and vegetables using state- of- the-art analytical equipments including ..
- Enhanced inspection and surveillance testing of cattle feeds in NY StateDaniel Rice; Fiscal Year: 2013..prohibited under the BSE/ruminant feed ban and other contaminants, including ruminant protein, drug and pesticide residues, mycotoxins, toxic elements including heavy metals, melamine and the presence of pathogenic microorganisms...
- Field use of biocatalytic polymers for pesticide deconKEITH LEJEUNE; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such polymers will not only be capable of removing pesticide residues from surfaces and solutions, but shall simultaneously catalyze their detoxification...
- EMF, OCPS, AND BREAST CANCER ON LONG ISLAND, NYLee Caplan; Fiscal Year: 1993..Household dust samples will be collected and analyzed on a random sample of women. Levels of organochlorine pesticide residues will be compared between serum and dust samples...
- EMF AND BREAST CANCER ON LONG ISLANDM Leske; Fiscal Year: 2000..Household dust samples will be collected and analyzed on a random sample of women. Levels of organochlorine pesticide residues will be compared between serum and dust samples...
- Building Minority Cancer Research Capacity: NMSU & FHCRCBeti Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2006..This will be accomplished initially by conducting 5 pilot projects during the first three years of the grant with others to follow in years 4 and 5. ..
- CESSATION IN HEAVY SMOKERS USING NRT AND ADJUVANT VIDEOBeti Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2001..With an anticipated difference of 10 percentage points between the two arms, a .05 level of significance, and 80 percent power, approximately 200 heavy smokers will need to be recruited to each arm of the study. ..
- COMMUNITY RANDOMIZED TRIAL OF HISPANIC CANCER PREVENTIONBeti Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2003..The sample sizes take into account intraclass correlation and are sufficient to examine differences among Hispanics as well as the entire Valley population. The analysis is based on intent to treat. ..
- Randomized Study to Decrease Smoking in College StudentsBeti Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Durability and dissemination of the program will be structured into the project. Departments of Health in Oregon and Washington are supporting this project and contributing in-kind resources. ..
- A Microfluidic Biochip for Rapid Screening of Pesticide ResiduesXiaoli Su; Fiscal Year: 2008..Small Business Innovation Research Phase I project will develop an innovative biochip for rapid screening of pesticide residues in water and food samples...
- The FHCRC/UW Toxicogenomics ConsortiumHelmut Zarbl; Fiscal Year: 2006..The latter will be essential for the generation of a public database for data generated by all members of the Consortium. ..
- Cancer Incidence and Mortality in California FarmworkersPaul Mills; Fiscal Year: 2006..Survival analyses will also be completed comparing the five-year relative survival of cancer in the UFW to the California Hispanic population. ..
- Neurotoxic Interactions of Different Forms of MercuryBernard Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2007..The acquisition of these data offers a firm foundation for determining the risks to neurobehavioral development of concurrent exposures to both mercury species. ..
- Columbia-GHI Consortium for Claims-Based Cancer StudiesSTEVEN STELLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 2008 WESTERN ARGICULTURAL CONFERENCERichard Fenske; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Inhibition of Pancreatic Cancer by New PPARgamma Agonis*Stephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2008..PPAR? -active C-substituted DIMs that inhibit pancreatic cancer cell growth in vitro and in vivo, and these will serve as lead compounds for development of new drugs for clinical treatment of this devastating disease ..
- Developmental Neurotoxicity of Phthalate EstersBernard Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed research will examine this question in rats, and translate its implications into human relevance. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TOXICOLOGY OF ENVIRONMENT CONTAMINANTSStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed training program will continue to provide trainees with a challenging academic and research environment that will prepare them for future careers in academic, industry and government. ..
- Colon Cancer Inhibition by a Class of PPARgamma AgonistsStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed studies will provide mechanistic insights on PPARy-dependent inhibition of colon cancer and identify compounds for future clinical studies. ..
- Coactivation of Estrogen Receptor alpha/Sp1Stephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ALKYL PCDFS--INHIBITION OF MAMMARY CANCERStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2001..Thus the proposed studies will define a new mechanism-based class of antiestrogens that can be used alone or in combination with tamoxifen for treatment of breast and endometrial cancer. ..
- MAPPING GENETIC SUPPRESSORS OF EPIGENETIC CARCINOGENESISHelmut Zarbl; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Pilot Study--Cox2 Inhibitor in Invasive Bladder CancerDEBORAH KNAPP; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- OPTICAL ASSESSMENT OF DERMAL EXPOSURE AND ABSORPTIONRichard Fenske; Fiscal Year: 2002..This project will 1) develop a novel tool to measure dermal exposure to pesticide residues and dermal adsorption of these residues, 2) determine dermal adsorption kinetics of chemical mixtures on ..
- The Youth Employment Training Pilot ProgramHenry Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Data from the anonymous school based surveys will be used to determine whether youth who have obtained a work permit are less likely to experience a work related injury. ..
- ESTROGEN INDUCED RESPONSES VIA ER/SPL COMPLEXESStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2002..These results will ultimately facilitate design of chemotherapeutic approaches which target specific genes. ..
- Passive PAH and Micro-Camera Personal Monitoring SystemPaul Lioy; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- PESTICIDES--HEALTH FERTILITY AND REPRODUCTIVE RISKVINCENT GARRY; Fiscal Year: 2002..Preliminary laboratory data are consistent and suggest that endocrine disruption and chromosomal effects in the male appliers may be important factors in the apparent decrease in fertility. ..
- Pesticide Dose Monitoring in Turf ApplicatorsShelley Harris; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Targeted Intervention Against EphA2 on Cancer CellsDEBORAH KNAPP; Fiscal Year: 2004..Upon conclusion of our studies, we will have validated EphA2 as a molecular target for cancer treatment and will have generated the reagents and expertise to exploit a critical vulnerability on malignant cells. ..
- Mechanisms of Growth Factor-Estrogen Receptor CrosstalkStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- 2,3,7,8,--TCDD Effects on the Estrogenic ResponsesStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed Aims will address important mechanistic considerations on IDRE-independent inhibitory AhR-ERa crosstalk and pathways critical for inhibition of mammary tumor growth by SAhRMs. ..
- Genes & environment: education to involve communitiesLinda McCauley; Fiscal Year: 2006..The stages of the design of this project start with work within each community partner and build to activities in which the communities work together to share each others' perspective on the issues of interest. ..
- Community-Based Participatory Approach to Farmworker Housing, Exposures & HealthThomas A Arcury; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Ethnic Variation in CAM Use and Health Self Management among Rural Older AdultsThomas Arcury; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- African American Men Prostate & Colorectal Cancer BeliefThomas Arcury; Fiscal Year: 2007..A preliminary framework of the intervention strategy for this R01 application will be developed and evaluated as part of this project. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Casa A Campo: Pesticide Safety for Farmworkers' FamiliesThomas Arcury; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Differences in CAM Use Among Minority Older AdultsThomas Arcury; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Farmwoker Environmental Health Research Comparable DataThomas Arcury; Fiscal Year: 2004..The purpose of limiting the size of the conference is to facilitate active interaction, discussion and debate among leaders in the field. ..