Genomes and Genes
Summary: Analogs of those substrates or compounds which bind naturally at the active sites of proteins, enzymes, antibodies, steroids, or physiological receptors. These analogs form a stable covalent bond at the binding site, thereby acting as inhibitors of the proteins or steroids.
Publications224 found, 100 shown here
- The Nano-tag, a streptavidin-binding peptide for the purification and detection of recombinant proteinsThorsten Lamla
Institut fur Biochemie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Thielallee 63, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
Protein Expr Purif 33:39-47. 2004..Additionally, the Nano-tag allowed the detection of recombinant proteins on Western blots by a streptavidin-alkaline phosphatase conjugate...
- One-step purification of recombinant proteins using a nanomolar-affinity streptavidin-binding peptide, the SBP-TagA D Keefe
Department of Molecular Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Protein Expr Purif 23:440-6. 2001..We call this method the spin-filter binding inhibition assay...
- Single-column purification of free recombinant proteins using a self-cleavable affinity tag derived from a protein splicing elementS Chong
New England Biolabs, Beverly, MA 01915, USA
Gene 192:271-81. 1997..No exogenous proteolytic cleavage is needed. Furthermore, using this procedure, the purified free target protein can be specifically labeled at its C-terminus...
- Utilizing the C-terminal cleavage activity of a protein splicing element to purify recombinant proteins in a single chromatographic stepS Chong
New England Biolabs Inc, 32 Tozer Road, Beverly, MA 01915, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 26:5109-15. 1998..We have constructed general cloning vectors and demonstrated single-column purification of several proteins. In addition, we discuss several factors that may affect the C-terminal peptide bond cleavage activity...
- A generic protein purification method for protein complex characterization and proteome explorationG Rigaut
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, D 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Nat Biotechnol 17:1030-2. 1999..Combined with mass spectrometry, the TAP strategy allows for the identification of proteins interacting with a given target protein. The TAP method has been tested in yeast but should be applicable to other cells or organisms...
- An efficient tandem affinity purification procedure for interaction proteomics in mammalian cellsTilmann Burckstummer
Research Center for Molecular Medicine CeMM, Lazarettgasse 19 3, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Nat Methods 3:1013-9. 2006..Using the well-characterized Ku70-Ku80 protein complex as an example, we identified both core elements as well as new candidate effectors...
- Blockade of alcohol's amnestic activity in humans by an alpha5 subtype benzodiazepine receptor inverse agonistDavid J Nutt
Psychopharmacology Unit, Dorothy Hodgkin Building, University of Bristol, Whitson Street, Bristol, BS1 3NY, UK
Neuropharmacology 53:810-20. 2007....
- The AviD-tag, a NeutrAvidin/avidin specific peptide affinity tag for the immobilization and purification of recombinant proteinsThomas Gaj
Department of Chemistry, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Protein Expr Purif 56:54-61. 2007..We believe the AviD-tag and its unique recognition properties will provide researchers with a useful new affinity reagent and tool for a variety of applications in the biological and chemical sciences...
- Use of fluorescently labeled caspase inhibitors as affinity labels to detect activated caspasesJerzy Grabarek
New York Medical College, Hawthorne, NY 10532, USA
Hum Cell 15:1-12. 2002..To detect their activation in situ, we applied fluorochrome labeled inhibitors of caspases (FLICA) as affinity labels of active centers of these enzymes...
- The First Nucleotide Binding Domain of Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator Is a Site of Stable Nucleotide Interaction, whereas the Second Is a Site of Rapid TurnoverLuba Aleksandrov
Mayo Foundation and Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, S C Johnson Medical Research Center, Scottsdale, Arizona 85259, USA
J Biol Chem 277:15419-25. 2002..This demonstration of NBD2 as the rapid nucleotide turnover site is consistent with the strong effect on channel gating kinetics of inactivation of this domain by mutagenesis...
- Sephadex-based cell-affinity adsorbents: preparation and performanceGeert Besselink
Department of Transfusion Technology, CLB, Sanquin Blood Supply Foundation, P O Box 9190, 1066 AC Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 35:55-60. 2002..One obvious advantage of the approach described here is that relatively small amounts of SpA and antisera are needed for preparing cell-affinity media...
- Efficient identification of photolabelled amino acid residues by combining immunoaffinity purification with MS: revealing the semotiadil-binding site and its relevance to binding sites for myristates in domain III of human serum albuminKohichi Kawahara
Department of Biofunctional Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kumamoto University, 5 1 Ohe Honmachi, Kumamoto 862 0973, Japan
Biochem J 363:223-32. 2002..These results indicate that FNAK labelling can also be used to monitor Myr binding in domain III. An interpretation for the concomitant local conformational change of HSA is provided...
- Analysis of transglutaminase protein substrates by functional proteomicsMargherita Ruoppolo
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biotecnologie Mediche, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Napoli, Italy
Protein Sci 12:1290-7. 2003..Results obtained in this paper indicate that the whole strategy can be successfully applied in order to identify transglutaminases protein substrates as well as the amino acid site sensitive toward enzyme activity...
- Participation of yeast inosine 5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase in an in vitro complex with a fragment of the C-rich telomeric strandJean Francois Cornuel
Groupe de Biophysique de l UMR 7643 du CNRS, Ecole Polytechnique, 91128, Palaiseau, France
Biochimie 84:279-89. 2002..We note that the genes coding for Imd2p and Imd3p are located close to the telomere, and could therefore be subject to silencing by the telomere position effect...
- The quinone-binding site in succinate-ubiquinone reductase from Escherichia coli. Quinone-binding domain and amino acid residues involved in quinone bindingX Yang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078, USA
J Biol Chem 273:31916-23. 1998..The hydroxyl group, but not the size of the amino acid side chain, at position 33 of SdhC is also important, because Ser-33 can be substituted with threonine but not with alanine...
- The first phospholipase inhibitor from the serum of Vipera ammodytes ammodytesJernej Sribar
Department of Molecular and Biomedical Sciences, Jozef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia
FEBS J 274:6055-64. 2007....
- Identification of a contact domain between echistatin and the integrin alpha(v)beta(3) by photoaffinity cross-linkingL Scheibler
Division of Bone and Mineral Metabolism, Charles A. Dana and Thorndike Laboratories, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Biochemistry 40:15117-26. 2001..These cross-linking data support the hypothesis that the ligand-bound conformation of the integrin beta(3) subunit differs from the known conformation of I domains...
- Histidines in affinity tags and surface clusters for immobilized metal-ion affinity chromatography of trimeric tumor necrosis factor alphaV Gaberc-Porekar
National Institute of Chemistry, Hajdrihova, Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Chromatogr A 852:117-28. 1999..Histidines, relatively rigidly inserted in the structure, as in our model proteins, display superior chromatographic characteristics vis a vis flexible tags with the same total number of histidines...
- Natural poly-histidine affinity tag for purification of recombinant proteins on cobalt(II)-carboxymethylaspartate crosslinked agaroseG Chaga
CLONTECH Laboratories, Inc, Palo Alto, CA 94303, USA
J Chromatogr A 864:247-56. 1999..Recovery for each purified protein was higher than 77% of the initial loaded amount as judged by biological activity. The operational capacity of Co2+-carboxymethylaspartate agarose for each protein was determined...
- Analysis of a nucleotide-binding site of 5-lipoxygenase by affinity labelling: binding characteristics and amino acid sequencesY Y Zhang
Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Biochem J 351:697-707. 2000..Given the stoichiometry of the labelling, the two peptide sequences of 5LO were probably near each other in the enzyme's tertiary structure, composing or surrounding the ATP-binding site of 5LO...
- Functional asymmetry of the two nucleotide binding domains in the ABC transporter Ste6C Proff
, , Germany
Mol Gen Genet 264:883-93. 2001..The experiments further suggest that the two NBDs of Ste6 are not equivalent and affect each other's ability to bind and hydrolyze ATP...
- Functionally similar vanadate-induced 8-azidoadenosine 5'-[alpha-(32)P]Diphosphate-trapped transition state intermediates of human P-glycoprotin are generated in the absence and presence of ATP hydrolysisZ E Sauna
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892-4255, USA
J Biol Chem 276:21199-208. 2001..alpha-(32)P]8-azido-ADP (or ADP).Vi transition state complexes generated either in the absence of or accompanying [alpha-(32)P]8-azido-ATP hydrolysis are functionally indistinguishable...
- Nucleotide-binding sites in the functional unit of sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase as studied by photoaffinity spin-labeled 2-N3-SL-ATPT Palm
Fachbereich Chemie, , Germany
Biol Chem 382:417-23. 2001..This indicates that the minimal functional unit of the Ca2+-ATPase is a dimer with the nucleotide-binding sites in close proximity...
- ATP analogue binding to the A subunit induces conformational changes in the E subunit that involves a disulfide bond formation in plant V-ATPaseY Kawamura
Cryobiosystem Research Center, Iwate University, Iwate, Japan
Eur J Biochem 268:2801-9. 2001..This is the first demonstration of interaction between the A and E subunits in the substrate-binding state of a plant V-ATPase...
- Characterization of the nucleotide-binding capacity and the ATPase activity of the PIP3-binding protein JFC1S D Catz
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, Division of Biochemistry, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:11230-5. 2001..Phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate, a high-affinity ligand of JFC1 did not affect its ATPase kinetics parameters, suggesting that the phosphoinositide have a different role in JFC1 function...
- DnaA protein Lys-415 is close to the ATP-binding site: ATP-pyridoxal affinity labelingT Kubota
Department of Molecular Microbiology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 288:1141-8. 2001..Thus, this residue is likely close to the bound ATP. Since Lys-415 is located in the DNA-binding domain, these findings imply internal interaction between the domains for ATP binding and DNA binding...
- Improved anti-IgG and HSA affinity ligands: clinical application of VHH antibody technologyRinse Klooster
Department of Cellular Architecture and Dynamics, Institute of Biomembranes, Utrecht University, Padualaan 8, 3584 CH Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Immunol Methods 324:1-12. 2007..Moreover, as VHHs are single protein chains, they can be coupled relatively easily to solid matrices. These three factors are important for developing affinity purification medication...
- Labeling, detection and identification of newly synthesized proteomes with bioorthogonal non-canonical amino-acid taggingDaniela C Dieterich
Division of Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Nat Protoc 2:532-40. 2007..This protocol can be completed in 5 days...
- Element-coded affinity tags for peptides and proteinsPaul A Whetstone
Department of Chemistry, University of California, One Shields Avenue, Davis, California 95616, USA
Bioconjug Chem 15:3-6. 2004..Further, the rare earths are heavy elements, whose mass defects give the masses of tagged peptides exact values not normally shared by molecules that contain only light elements...
- Investigation of the abundance and subunit composition of GABAA receptor subtypes in the cerebellum of alpha1-subunit-deficient miceWaltraud Ogris
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Center for Brain Research, and Section of Biochemical Psychiatry, University Clinic for Psychiatry, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Neurochem 96:136-47. 2006..Our results do not support a significant compensatory synthesis of other GABAA receptor subunits in the cerebellum of alpha1 -/- mice...
- Screening of peptide affinity tags using immobilised metal affinity chromatography in 96-well plate formatAmro Hanora
Department of Biotechnology, Centre for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lund University, PO Box 124, SE 22100 Lund, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 1087:38-44. 2005..From screening 25 different tags, three clones were able to bind to all metal ions studied (Ni2+, Zn2+, Co2+ and Cd2+). It was clearly demonstrated that the new construct could facilitate the screening of large peptide libraries...
- Analysis of phosphoinositide-binding proteins using liposomes as an affinity matrixAndreas Knödler
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
Biotechniques 38:858, 860, 862. 2005
- Immobilisation of a repressor protein for binding of plasmid DNAAnja Hasche
Department of Fermentation Engineering, Faculty of Technology, Bielefeld University, Universitaetsstrasse 25, P O Box 100131, D 33501 Bielefeld, Germany
J Chromatogr A 1080:76-82. 2005....
- Application of protein-coupled liposomes to effective affinity screening from phage libraryYoichi Kumada
Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University, Rokkodaicho 1 1, Nada, Kobe, Hyogo 657 8501, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1080:22-8. 2005..Thus, protein-coupled liposomes are useful as adsorbents for screening from combinatorial phage libraries...
- Application of isotope coded affinity tag (ICAT) analysis for the identification of differentially expressed proteins following infection of atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) with infectious hematopoietic necrosis virus (IHNV) or Renibacterium salmoninarum (BA T Booy
University of Victoria, Genome British Columbia Proteomics Centre, 3101 4464 Markham Street, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada V8Z 7X8
J Proteome Res 4:325-34. 2005..Examples of the latter are discussed here and include, a natural killer cell enhancement factor (NKEF), procathepsin L, superoxide-producing NADPH oxidase and interferon-induced viral resistance protein Mx (IFI-Mx)...
- [Tagged-MS method]Ryoichi Arai
Tanpakushitsu Kakusan Koso 49:2763-7. 2004
- Synthesis and screening of a rationally designed combinatorial library of affinity ligands mimicking protein L from Peptostreptococcus magnusA Cecília A Roque
Centro de Engenharia Biologica e Quimica, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Lisboa, Portugal
J Mol Recognit 18:213-24. 2005..The most promising lead, ligand 8/7, when immobilized on an agarose support, behaved in a similar fashion to PpL in isolating Fab fragments from papain digests of human IgG to a final purity of 97%...
- Affinity labeling the dopamine transporter ligand binding siteRoxanne A Vaughan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of North Dakota, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, 501 N Columbia Road, Grand Forks, ND 58203, USA
J Neurosci Methods 143:33-40. 2005..Using these methods we have identified two distinct regions of DAT that interact with multiple structurally related and diverse irreversible ligands, suggesting that these regions may be involved in the formation of ligand binding sites...
- The structure of the mammalian signal recognition particle (SRP) receptor as prototype for the interaction of small GTPases with Longin domainsOliver Schlenker
Biochemie Zentrum der Universität Heidelberg BZH, Im Neuenheimer Feld 328, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Biol Chem 281:8898-906. 2006..Based on structural conservation we present the SRbeta-GTP:SRX structure as a prototype for conserved interactions in a variety of GTPase regulated targeting events occurring at endomembranes...
- The affinity concept in bioseparation: evolving paradigms and expanding range of applicationsKalyani Mondal
Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110016, India
Biomol Eng 23:59-76. 2006..At industrial level, validation, biosafety and process hygiene are also important aspects. This overview looks at these evolving paradigms and various strategies which utilize affinity phenomenon for protein separations...
- Identification of the bovine gamma-aminobutyric acid type A receptor alpha subunit residues photolabeled by the imidazobenzodiazepine [3H]Ro15-4513Gregory W Sawyer
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 277:50036-45. 2002..These results are discussed in terms of a homology model of the benzodiazepine-binding site based on the molluscan acetylcholine-binding protein structure...
- The nucleotide-binding site of human sphingosine kinase 1Stuart M Pitson
Hanson Institute, Division of Human Immunology, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Frome Road, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
J Biol Chem 277:49545-53. 2002..It does, however, share some sequence and likely structural similarity with the highly conserved glycine-rich loop, which is known to be involved in anchoring and positioning the nucleotide in the catalytic site of many protein kinases...
- Mapping sites of O-GlcNAc modification using affinity tags for serine and threonine post-translational modificationsLance Wells
Department of Biological Chemistry, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21218, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 1:791-804. 2002..In addition, our studies emphasize the importance of distinguishing between O-phosphate versus O-GlcNAc when mapping sites of serine and threonine post-translational modification using beta-elimination/Michael addition methods...
- Variability in the immunodetection of His-tagged recombinant proteinsNatasa Debeljak
Laboratory for Cell and Molecular Biology, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Ave, W BL 548, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Anal Biochem 359:216-23. 2006..Such variability in His-tag immunorecognition can lead to critical adverse effects on several analytical methods...
- A cleavable affinity biotinylating agent reveals a retinoid binding role for RPE65Wan Jin Jahng
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, 45 Shattuck Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Biochemistry 42:6159-68. 2003..These studies validate the approach that was used, and furthermore demonstrate that RPE65, a major membrane-associated protein of the RPE, is a RBP...
- Differential effects of supplementary affinity tags on the solubility of MBP fusion proteinsKaren M Routzahn
Protein Engineering Section, Macromolecular Crystallography Laboratory, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, P O Box B, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
J Struct Funct Genomics 2:83-92. 2002....
- New role for an old probe: affinity labeling of oxylipid protein conjugates by N'-aminooxymethylcarbonylhydrazino d-biotinJuan Chavez
Department of Chemistry, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331, USA
Anal Chem 78:6847-54. 2006..The reported approach is outlined for the detection, identification, and characterization of oxylipid peptide conjugates, but the labeling chemistry may also be applicable to other carbonyl-modified proteins...
- Functional interaction between the two halves of the photoreceptor-specific ATP binding cassette protein ABCR (ABCA4). Evidence for a non-exchangeable ADP in the first nucleotide binding domainJinhi Ahn
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:39600-8. 2003..Our results indicate that only NBD2 of ABCR binds and hydrolyzes ATP in the presence or absence of retinal. NBD1, containing a bound ADP, associates with NBD2 to play a crucial, non-catalytic role in ABCR function...
- Proteomic analysis of the binding partners to enteropathogenic Escherichia coli virulence proteins expressed in Saccharomyces cerevisiaePhilip R Hardwidge
Veterinary Science Department, South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD, USA
Proteomics 6:2174-9. 2006..The dataset suggests several potential mammalian targets of these proteins that may guide future experimentation...
- Affinity labeling of the rabbit 12/15-lipoxygenase using azido derivatives of arachidonic acidStepan Romanov
Institute of Biochemistry, University Medicine Berlin Charite, Monbijoustrasse 2, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Biochemistry 45:3554-62. 2006....
- Rapid evaluation of nickel binding properties of His-tagged lactate dehydrogenases using surface plasmon resonanceFlorent Bernaudat
Department of Pure and Applied Biochemistry, Centre for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lund University, P O Box 124, Getingevagen 60, 221 00 Lund, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 1066:219-24. 2005..Protein modelling has also proved to be useful in supporting the experimental results...
- Distribution of GLUT3 glucose transporter protein in human tissuesP R Shepherd
Charles A Dana Research Institute, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA 02215
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 188:149-54. 1992..No GLUT3 was detected in membranes from any of 3 skeletal muscle groups investigated. We conclude that a major role of GLUT3 in humans is as the brain neuronal glucose transporter...
- The proteins encoded by the rbs operon of Escherichia coli: II. Use of chimeric protein constructs to isolate and characterize RbsCJ Zaitseva
Department of Biochemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907 1153, USA
Protein Sci 5:1100-7. 1996..This is a substantial increase in amounts from any previous RbsC production vectors. All proteins from the rbs operon have now been overproduced and substantially purified...
- Identification of proteins binding to interferon-inducible transcriptional enhancers in hematopoietic cellsA Wedrychowski
Department of Hematology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030
J Biol Chem 267:4533-40. 1992..Following exposure to alpha-interferon, more slowly migrating complexes appeared which contained a 48-kDa protein, a 95-kDa protein, and a 105-kDa protein which bound to the 9-27 transcriptional enhancer in a sequence-specific manner...
- Selection of optimum affinity tags from a phage-displayed peptide library. Application to immobilized copper(II) affinity chromatographyA V Patwardhan
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
J Chromatogr A 787:91-100. 1997....
- The nucleotide-binding site of HisP, a membrane protein of the histidine permease. Identification of amino acid residues photoaffinity labeled by 8-azido-ATPC S Mimura
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720
J Biol Chem 265:19535-42. 1990..These consensus motifs are found in many purine nucleotide-binding proteins. The relationship between the location of these residues and the overall structure of the ATP-binding site is discussed...
- Characterization of KpsT, the ATP-binding component of the ABC-transporter involved with the export of capsular polysialic acid in Escherichia coli K1M S Pavelka
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester Medical Center, New York 14642
J Biol Chem 269:20149-58. 1994..The results obtained from chemical mutagenesis of kpsT are consistent with the model and revealed characteristics particular to capsule transporters...
- Identification of the ubiquinone-binding domain in QPs1 of succinate-ubiquinone reductaseG Y Lee
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater 74078
J Biol Chem 270:6193-8. 1995..The Q-binding domain, using the proposed structure of QPs1, is probably located in the stretch connecting transmembrane helices 2 and 3 that extrude from the surface of the M side of the inner membrane...
- Photoaffinity labeling of terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase. 2. Identification of peptides in the nucleotide binding domainR K Evans
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40536 0084
Biochemistry 28:713-20. 1989..Structure predictions, based on sequence data, place the two peptides identified by photolabeling in spatial proximity consistent with the participation of both in the nucleotide binding domain...
- Photolabeling of the phosphate binding site of chloroplast coupling factor 1 with [32P]azidonitrophenyl phosphateL Michel
Laboratoire de Biochimie URA 1130 CNRS, Departement de Biologie Moleculaire et Structurale, Centre d Etudes Nucléaires, Grenoble, France
FEBS Lett 313:90-3. 1992..The labeled beta-Tyr328 of CF1 is the equivalent of beta-Tyr311 of F1 from beef heart mitochondria, which was previously found to be photolabeled by ANPP [J. Garin et al. (1989) Biochemistry 28, 1442-1448]...
- A single histidine in GABAA receptors is essential for benzodiazepine agonist bindingH A Wieland
Laboratory of Molecular Neuroendocrinology, University of Heidelberg, Germany
J Biol Chem 267:1426-9. 1992..Hence, this histidine present in the alpha 1, alpha 2, alpha 3, and alpha 5 subunits appears to be a key residue for the action of clinically used BZ ligands...
- Spermidine-preferential uptake system in Escherichia coli. ATP hydrolysis by PotA protein and its association with membraneK Kashiwagi
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, Japan
J Biol Chem 270:25377-82. 1995..ATPase of PotA protein was inhibited by spermidine, suggesting that uptake inhibition by spermidine may function during this process...
- Photoaffinity labeling of human placental S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase with [2-3H]8-azido-adenosineC S Yuan
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kansas, Lawrence 66045, USA
J Biol Chem 270:16140-6. 1995..The peptide Val319-Arg327 is adjacent to Leu330, which is proposed by a computer graphics model to interact with the C-6-NH2 group of Ado...
- Triatoma infestans apyrases belong to the 5'-nucleotidase familyEric Faudry
Chagas Disease Multidisciplinary Research Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Brasilia, Brazil 70 910 900
J Biol Chem 279:19607-13. 2004....
- Catalytic and noncatalytic nucleotide binding sites of the Escherichia coli F1 ATPase. Amino acid sequences of beta-subunit tryptic peptides labeled with 2-azido-ATPJ G Wise
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Los Angeles 90024 1570
FEBS Lett 223:395-401. 1987..These beta-subunit peptides were labeled on tyrosine-331 (catalytic sites) and tyrosine-354 (noncatalytic sites) in homology with the labeling patterns of the mitochondrial and chloroplast enzymes...
- Neuropharmacology of the naturally occurring kappa-opioid hallucinogen salvinorin AChristopher W Cunningham
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045 7582, USA
Pharmacol Rev 63:316-47. 2011..salvinorin A responsible for opioid receptor affinity and selectivity has produced numerous receptor probes, affinity labels, and tools for evaluating the biological processes responsible for its observed psychological effects...
- The molecular basis for the mode of action of bicyclomycinHarold Kohn
Division of Medicinal Chemistry and Natural Products, School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7360, USA
Curr Drug Targets Infect Disord 5:273-95. 2005..obtained from bicyclomycin structure-activity studies, site-directed mutagenesis investigations, bicyclomycin affinity labels, and biochemical and biophysical measurements with recent X-ray crystallographic images of the bicyclomycin-..
- Affinity labeling of oxaloacetate decarboxylase by novel dichlorotriazine linked alpha-ketoacidsN E Labrou
Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Agricultural University of Athens, Greece
J Protein Chem 18:729-33. 1999..and beta-mercaptopyruvic acid linked to the reactive diclorotriazine ring, were studied as active site-direct affinity labels towards oxaloacetate decarboxylase (EC 126.96.36.199, OXAD)...
- 2-Dialkynyl derivatives of (N)-methanocarba nucleosides: 'Clickable' A(3) adenosine receptor-selective agonistsDilip K Tosh
Molecular Recognition Section, Laboratory of Bioorganic Chemistry, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bldg 8A, Rm B1A 19, NIH, NIDDK, LBC, Bethesda, MD 20892, United States
Bioorg Med Chem 18:508-17. 2010..Other potent, selective derivatives (K(i) at A(3)AR innM) were intended as possible receptor affinity labels: 3-nitro-4-fluorophenyl (10.6), alpha-bromophenacyl (9...
- Cutting edge: FcR-like 5 on innate B cells is targeted by a poxvirus MHC class I-like immunoevasinJessica A Campbell
Division of Pediatric Rheumatology, Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Immunol 185:28-32. 2010..Due to their binding specificities, immunoevasins can be exploited as affinity labels to identify host-encoded molecules of previously unsuspected importance in defense against the relevant class ..
- Cysteine proteinase inhibitors as therapy for parasitic diseases: advances in inhibitor designDietmar Steverding
Biomedical Research Centre, School of Medicine, Health Policy and Practice, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, UK
Mini Rev Med Chem 6:1025-32. 2006..Also, the development of activity-based affinity labels has enabled the identification and characterization of potential cysteine proteinase targets in situ...
- Affinity labels as tools for the identification of opioid receptor recognition sitesP S Portoghese
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Farmaco 56:191-6. 2001b>Affinity labels have proven to be useful tools in opioid research...
- Discovery of halopyridines as quiescent affinity labels: inactivation of dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolaseCorey M Johnson
Division of Medicinal Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, University of Texas, Austin, Texas 78712, United States
J Am Chem Soc 133:1553-62. 2011..To our knowledge, halopyridines have not previously been reported as protein modifiers, and therefore they represent a first-in-class example of a novel type of quiescent affinity label...
- Selective chemical labeling of proteins in living cellsLawrence W Miller
Department of Chemistry, Columbia University, Havemeyer Hall, MC 3153, 3000 Broadway, New York, New York 10027, USA
Curr Opin Chem Biol 9:56-61. 2005Labeling proteins with fluorophores, affinity labels or other chemically or optically active species is immensely useful for studying protein function in living cells or tissue...
- The thyroid hormone transporters MCT8 and MCT10 transport the affinity-label N-bromoacetyl-[(125)I]T3 but are not modified by itW Edward Visser
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus University Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Cell Endocrinol 337:96-100. 2011..The usefulness of BrAc[(125)I]T3 as a tool for the identification of novel TH transporters remains to be explored...
- Immunoassays based on electrochemical detection using microelectrode arraysK Dill
CombiMatrix Corporation, Harbour Pointe Tech Center, 6500 Harbour Heights Parkway, Suite 301, Mukilteo, WA 98275, USA
Biosens Bioelectron 20:736-42. 2004..Antibodies are tagged with coded affinity labels and then allowed to self-assemble on the appropriate electrode assay sites...
- Analogs of Manduca adipokinetic hormone tested in a bioassay and in a receptor-binding assayR Ziegler
Department of Biochemistry and Center for Insect Science, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721, USA
Peptides 19:481-6. 1998..In addition an extended M-AKH and analogs containing photo affinity labels were tested. All analogs had reduced activity...
- Disparate proteome reactivity profiles of carbon electrophilesEranthie Weerapana
The Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology and Department of Chemical Physiology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nat Chem Biol 4:405-7. 2008..reactivity of electrophiles are crucial for designing activity-based probes for enzymes lacking cognate affinity labels. Here, we show that different classes of carbon electrophiles exhibit markedly distinct amino acid labeling ..
- Protein-inorganic array construction: design and synthesis of the building blocksNiculina D Bogdan
Department of Chemistry, Marie Curie Excellence Team, Technical University Munchen, 4 Lichtenberg Str 85748 Garching, Germany
Chemistry 16:2170-80. 2010..the way to the synthesis of di-functional ligands containing more elaborated polypyridine ligands as well as affinity labels for different enzyme families...
- An efficient, one-pot synthesis of various ceramide 1-phosphates from sphingosine 1-phosphatePeter Nussbaumer
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Brunner Strasse 59, A 1235 Vienna, Austria
Chem Phys Lipids 151:125-8. 2008..Thus, ceramide 1-phosphates with various fatty acid chains and with fluorescent and affinity labels attached to the sphingoid backbone were prepared in good yields.
- The mitochondrial permeability transition porePaolo Bernardi
Department of Biomedical Sciences and CNR Institute of Neurosciences, University of Padova, Viale Giuseppe Colombo 3, I 35121 Padova, Italy
Novartis Found Symp 287:157-64; discussion 164-9. 2007..While the nature of the components forming the PTP remains controversial, the identification of novel inhibitors that can be used as affinity labels is offering new perspectives towards the molecular definition of the PTP.
- Photobiotin surface chemistry improves label-free interferometric sensing of biochemical interactionsJoey C Latham
Vanderbilt University, Department of Chemistry, 4226 Stevenson Center, Nashville, TN 37235, USA
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 45:955-8. 2006
- Cyclic nucleotides as affinity tools: phosphorothioate cAMP analogues address specific PKA subproteomesSusanne E Hanke
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kassel, Heinrich Plett Str 40, 34132 Kassel, Germany
N Biotechnol 28:294-301. 2011..The side-by-side analysis of the PKA-R interactome and the holoenzyme complexed with interacting proteins will contribute to a further dissection of the multifaceted PKA signalling network...
- The separation of oligodeoxynucleotides having a single-base difference by affinity capillary electrophoresis using oligodeoxynucleotide- polyacrylamide conjugateTakahisa Anada
Department of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Electrophoresis 23:2267-73. 2002..The magnesium-ion concentration was found to be a key factor in achieving efficient separation of oligodeoxynucleotides with the same chain length...
- A universal immuno-PCR platform for comparative and ultrasensitive quantification of dual affinity-tagged proteins in complex matricesSamuel P Askin
Comparative Genomics Centre, School of Pharmacy and Molecular Sciences, James Cook University, DB21, James Cook Drive, Townsville, Qld 4811, Australia
Analyst 137:5193-6. 2012..The new qIPCR platform enabled picomolar quantification of dual-tagged sortase in crude serum in 4 h including the PCR step...
- Two-step purification of the outer membrane transporter and activator protein ShlB from Escherichia coli using internally His6-tagged constructsS R Sauter
Department of Molecular Biology, Institute of Molecular Biotechnology e V, Beutenbergstr 11, D 07745, Jena, Germany
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 786:33-7. 2003..At each stage of the purification scheme biological activity of the ShlB protein was assessed. Using this scheme, several His(6)-tagged mutants of ShlB were purified to electrophoretic homogeneity...
- Ribosomal components neighboring the 2475 loop in Escherichia coli 50S subunitsP Muralikrishna
Department of Chemistry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 6323
Biochemistry 34:115-21. 1995..The implications of these results for the evolving model of the internal structure of the 50S subunit are considered...
- 1alpha,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3-3beta-(2)-bromoacetate, an affinity labeling derivative of 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 displays strong antiproliferative and cytotoxic behavior in prostate cancer cellsNarasimha Swamy
Section in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, 85 East Newton Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Cell Biochem 89:909-16. 2003..Therefore, these results raise the possibility that 1,25(OH)(2)D(3)-3-BE or similar VDR-cross linking analogs of 1,25(OH)(2)D(3) might be considered for further development as potential candidates for prostate cancer...
- Characterization of the ATP binding site on Escherichia coli DNA gyrase. Affinity labeling of Lys-103 and Lys-110 of the B subunit by pyridoxal 5'-diphospho-5'-adenosineJ K Tamura
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 265:21342-9. 1990..A comparison of the amino acid sequence in this region with the sequences of other type II topoisomerases indicates the possible location of a common ATP binding domain...
- Use of ethidium monoazide and PCR in combination for quantification of viable and dead cells in complex samplesKnut Rudi
MATFORSK, Norwegian Institute for Food Research, Osloveien 1, 1430 As, Norway
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:1018-24. 2005..In conclusion, EMA-PCR offers a novel real-time PCR method for quantitative distinction between viable and dead cells with potentially very wide application...
- 3'-Arylazido-beta-alanyl-2-azido ATP, a cross-linking photoaffinity label for F1ATPasesH J Schäfer
Institut fur Biochemie, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat, Mainz, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 44:955-8. 1989..Photoaffinity labeling of F1ATPase from Micrococcus luteus by this analog results in the inactivation of the enzyme and in the formation of higher molecular weight cross-links, composed of alpha- and beta-subunits...
- A luminescent affinity tag for proteins based on the terbium(III)-binding peptideShinji Sueda
Department of Bioscience and Bioinformatics, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Iizuka, Japan
Anal Biochem 422:52-4. 2012....
- Flow-through partial-filling affinity capillary electrophoresis using a crossreactive antibody for enantiomeric separationsNenad M Grubor
Ames Laboratory USDOE, Department of Chemistry, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, IA, USA
Electrophoresis 27:1078-83. 2006..It is proposed that crossreactive monoclonal antibodies (i.e. mAb raised against achiral molecule and possessing limited selectivity) could be effectively utilized for specific stereoisomeric differentiation and chiral separations...
- Lysine 480 is an essential residue in the putative ATP site of lamb kidney (Na,K)-ATPase. Identification of the pyridoxal 5'-diphospho-5'-adenosine and pyridoxal phosphate reactive residueH R Hinz
Department of Pharmacology and Cell Biophysics, College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0575
J Biol Chem 265:10260-5. 1990....
- Persistence of graded EphA/Ephrin-A expression in the adult frog visual systemHelene Bach
Program in Anatomy and Cell Biology, State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, Brooklyn, New York 11203, USA
J Comp Neurol 467:549-65. 2003....
- Developmental regulation of adenosine A1 receptors, uptake sites and endogenous adenosine in the chick retinaR P de Carvalho
Department of Ophthalmology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 70:87-95. 1992..The results indicate that elements of a putative purinergic system differentiate at specific localizations early in retinal development...
- Developmental regulation of murine mammary progesterone receptor gene expressionG Shyamala
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Endocrinology 126:2882-9. 1990....
- Improvement of Vitreoscilla hemoglobin function by Bacillus licheformis glutamate-specific endopeptidase treatmentWei Ye
School of Bioscience and Bioengineering, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou 510006, PR China
Protein Expr Purif 86:21-6. 2012..The enhancement of welan gum yield was more significant by addition of tagless VHb compared with addition of VHb-His(6). This method can be utilized to mass-produce tagless VHb, thus widening the application of VHb in various industries...
- Establishment and implications of a characterization method for magnetic nanoparticle using cell tracking velocimetry and magnetic susceptibility modified solutionsHuading Zhang
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, The Ohio State University, 140 W 19th Ave, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Analyst 130:514-27. 2005Magnetic micro and nanoparticles conjugated to affinity labels have become a significant, commercial reagent...
- Development of recombinant protein-based influenza vaccine. Expression and affinity purification of H1N1 influenza virus neuraminidaseThanasis Dalakouras
Laboratory of Enzyme Technology, Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Agricultural University of Athens, 75 Iera Odos, GR 118 55 Athens, Greece
J Chromatogr A 1136:48-56. 2006..The present purification procedure is the most efficient reported so far for recombinant NA...
- Photoaffinity labelling shows that Escherichia coli isocitrate dehydrogenase kinase/phosphatase contains a single ATP-binding siteI Varela
Department of Biochemistry, University of Glasgow, Scotland
FEBS Lett 231:361-5. 1988..ATP and ADP protected the two activities to similar extents. The data suggest that the activation of the phosphatase by adenine nucleotides results from binding of the nucleotides to the active site of the kinase...
- Structural basis of specificity in affinity-labeled polyketide synthase didomainsJanet L Smith; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Affinity labels have been demonstrated to be an effective means to establish the mechanism of pikromycin thioesterase (Pik TE)..
- NEW CHEMICAL APPROACHES TO ADP-RIBOSYL TRANSFERJames Slama; Fiscal Year: 1991ADP-ribosyl transferases are an important class of regulatory enzymes. This project proposes the design and affinity labels specific for the NAD substrate binding site of ADP-ribosyl transferases...
- SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION OF A G PROTEIN COUPLED RECEPTORAthan Kuliopulos; Fiscal Year: 1999..binding site will be done with a combination of N-bromoacetyl- and benzoylphenylalanine-alphaFactor peptide affinity labels. N-terminally truncated alphaFactor peptide affinity labels are antagonists and will serve as probes of the ..
- CHALCONE ISOMERASE--MECHANISM OF CATALYSISRODNEY BEDNAR; Fiscal Year: 1990..b>Affinity labels will be used to identify a putative enzymic base...
- Sigma Receptor Structure /Function /K+ Channel ModulationARNOLD RUOHO; Fiscal Year: 2007..1) synthesis and characterization of novel high affinity sigma receptor agonist and antagonist photo affinity labels; (2) mapping the ligand binding site(s) of the sigma1 receptor; and (3) determination of the properties of ..
- EPOTHILONE AFFINITY LABELSGunda Georg; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is the plan to prepare epothilone affinity labels through emisynthesis and total synthesis and evaluate them for tubulin assembly activity and cytotoxicity...
- A MECHANISTIC STUDY OF SOME O2 OXIDOREDUCTASESGordon Hamilton; Fiscal Year: 1991..To this end we plan to: further characterize and develop affinity labels for the enzyme's active site residues, obtain the complete amino acid sequence of the enzyme by cloning and ..
- Liquid Chormatograph Mass Spectrometer (LC-MS)MURRAY JOHNSTON; Fiscal Year: 2002..These projects include: (Colman) characterization of new affinity labels, chemically modified enzymes and purified modified peptides and mutant enzymes; (Koh) selective regulation of ..
- Adenylosuccinate Lyase: Novel Intersubunit Active SitesROBERTA COLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2004..Bifunctional affinity labels will be evaluated to ascertain whether crosslinking of subunits occurs...
- MAPPING NUCLEOTIDE SITES OF E. COLI GMP SYNTHETASEOWEN MOE; Fiscal Year: 2000..peptide analysis by MALDI-TOF and Edman sequencing will be used to identify amino acids that react with the affinity labels. Affinity labeling is expected both to confirm some of the residues elucidated by mutagenesis and to identify ..
- MOLECULAR STRUCTURE OF THE OUABAIN SENSITIVE ATPASEJack Kyte; Fiscal Year: 1980..b>Affinity labels can be synthesized which bind to specific ligand sites and covalently label amino acid residues in the ..
- SALICYLIHALAMIDES--CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGYGunda Georg; Fiscal Year: 2000..Another goal of this study is the preparation of salicylihalamide affinity labels, to be used to study, in detail, the interactions between the salicylihalamides and their biological target...
- GLUTAMATE DEHYDROGENASE: FUNCTION OF MOLECULAR TOPOLOGYROBERTA COLMAN; Fiscal Year: 1990..and guanine nucleotide analogues synthesized in this laboratory, in addition to derivatives of substrates, as affinity labels of the distinct catalytic and regulatory sites of glutamate dehydrogenase...
- PERMEABILITY CONTROL OF ACETYLCHOLINE RECEPTORJonathan Cohen; Fiscal Year: 1999..Radiolabeled affinity labels and structural probes will be covalently incorporated into AChR, and labeled AChR subunits will be isolated ..
- AFFINITY LABELS FOR DOPAMINE RECEPTORSJOHN NEUMEYER; Fiscal Year: 1991..b>Affinity labels, drug molecules that bind specifically and irreversibly to a particular biological system, are important ..
- INHIBITION OF THE ANTICANCER TARGET GLYOXALASE IDONALD CREIGHTON; Fiscal Year: 2003..5.) To synthesize affinity labels of human GlxI, which target either Glu172 or Cys60 in the active site...
- BIOCHEMICAL STUDIES OF THE NA, K-ATPASE ENZYMEMARCIA STEINBERG; Fiscal Year: 1980..Chemical modifications of essential amino acids with group-specific reagents and site-directed inhibitors (affinity labels) are designed to examine the amino acids participating in the reaction process and to determine their role...
- PROTEIN-DNA INTERACTIONS--AFFINITY LABELING APPROACHMICHAEL DOUGHTY; Fiscal Year: 1992..poly(dT)10 and poly(dA)10, respectively, by enzymic methodologies provides primer and exonuclease active site affinity labels. DNA polymerase I is employed as a test system to demonstrate the effectiveness of our approach in ..
- Conjugation Kits for Facile Preparation of Multivalent Glyco-nanoparticlesXichun Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2007..The glyconanoparticles can be used as efficient affinity labels as well as for in vivo cellular labeling and imaging. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]
- SPECIFICITY IN CO- AND POST TRANSLATIONAL MODIFICATIONBarbara Imperiali; Fiscal Year: 1992..on peptidyl structures, which incorporate features such as conformational restrictions, reporter groups or affinity labels. From the information obtained from this phase of the work we could then design and synthesize non-peptidyl ..
- NONSTEROIDAL AFFINITY LIGANDS FOR THE ANDROGEN RECEPTORJames Dalton; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION (Adapted from the investigator's abstract): This application proposes to 1) design and synthesize affinity labels for the AR; 2) characterize the binding and pharmacological activities of the synthesized compounds; and 3) ..
- HYPERTENSION--CHEMISTRY AND BIOPHYSICS OF ANGIOTENSINGARLAND MARSHALL; Fiscal Year: 1980..In addition, the concepts of transition state analogs and affinity labels will be used in the design of enzyme and receptor inhibitors...
- AFFINITY LABELS FOR OPIOID RECEPTORSJane V Aldrich; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus interacting MOR and DOR is an attractive target for drug development. Affinity labels, compounds that bind to their targets covalently, provide a unique approach to studying ligand-receptor ..
- OPIOID PEPTIDE ANALOGS AS PROBES OF OPIOID RECEPTORSJANE ALDRICH; Fiscal Year: 2008..Experience in these areas will be synergistic with Dr. Aldrich's expertise in peptide chemistry and significantly enhance her contributions to research in the area of drug abuse. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Induction of autoantibodies against CCR5Bryce Chackerian; Fiscal Year: 2008..The ultimate goal of these studies is to add a vaccine-based approach to the arsenal of HIV anti-virals. ..
- Automated Macromolecular Crystallization SystemJEFFREY KIEFT; Fiscal Year: 2007..Cost savings. Cost of crystallization trials will decrease due to the use of smaller amounts of reagents, including solutions and protein/RNA samples. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Drug manipulation of noise-induced hearing lossRICHARD BOBBIN; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MR Imaging of Endothelial Progenitor Cells in Prostate CancerDmitri Artemov; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will also follow the effect of different forms of antiangiogenic therapy on the process of progenitor cell recruitment and incorporation to the tumor vasculature. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Purification of Oligonucleotides and Nucleoside TriphosphatesWilliam Pearson; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed work seeks to further develop an entirely new method for oligonucleotide purification, thus streamlining the development and production of these crucial substances. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Functional Analysis of Inner Ear Gap JunctionsHong Bo Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Development of tools for structural genomics of viral RNAJEFFREY KIEFT; Fiscal Year: 2008..By solving the structures of these RNAs, we will inform and enable new strategies for developing therapeutics aimed at curing viral disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MR Pharmacoangiography-Vascular Modulation of DeliveryDmitri Artemov; Fiscal Year: 2007..All clinical studies involving patients will be performed in collaboration with Dr. Stuart Grossman. ..
- MODE OF ACTION OF BICYCLOMYCINHarold Kohn; Fiscal Year: 2003..These investigations will provide the molecular basis to define novel pathways for bacterial control. ..
- Novel Methods to Identify Targets of the Neurological Agent (R)-LacosamideHarold Kohn; Fiscal Year: 2009..Delineation of these sites will provide a basis for understanding the mechanism of (R)-2 function and maximizing its therapeutic potential and may provide new information for the control of both neurological disorders. ..
- Role of Proteases in Therapy-Induced ApoptosisScott H Kaufmann; Fiscal Year: 2010..Collectively, these studies are designed to improve current understanding of the biology of death ligand-induced apoptosis and provide new information that should be helpful in designing more effective cancer treatments. ..
- ARYL AND ALCOHOL SULFOTRANSFERASES IN DRUG METABOLISMMichael W Duffel; Fiscal Year: 2010..Moreover, specific aim #1 has additional particular relevance to understanding and more accurately predicting the metabolism of Tamoxifen, a widely used antitumor agent and chemopreventive agent for estrogen-dependent breast cancer. ..
- TOPOISOMERASE I INHIBITORS IN LEUKEMIA AND SOLID TUMORSScott H Kaufmann; Fiscal Year: 2010..Collectively, these studies are designed to provide new insight into the mechanism of action of topo I poisons, and identify strategies for enhancing their efficacy. ..
- Phosphorylation and Regulation of Dopamine TransportersRoxanne A Vaughan; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Emerging virulence factors in diarrheagenic E. coli pathogenesisPHILIP HARDWIDGE; Fiscal Year: 2006..coli disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pretargeted Antibodies with Infinite AffinityClaude Meares; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Proteomics: Technologies and ApplicationsRuedi Aebersold; Fiscal Year: 2003..The goal of the meeting is to bring together the leading experts from the different areas of proteomics research to discuss emerging technologies and their applications to biological and clinical research. ..
- ANALYSIS OF PAIR OF RULE GENES IN SEQUENTIAL SEGMENTATIODAVID WEISBLAT; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR RECOGNITION IN THE STREPTAVIDIN BIOTIN SYSTEMPatrick Stayton; Fiscal Year: 2002..The streptavidin mutants could also be useful reagents in affinity separations, diagnostics, and targeted drug discovery. ..
- GABA-A RECEPTOR STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONRichard Olsen; Fiscal Year: 2003..Studies on these and related proteins will allow us to take a close look a dynamic and important cellular biology of these important brain neurotransmitter receptors. ..
- Novel Quantitative, Comprehensive Proteomic TechnologyRuedi Aebersold; Fiscal Year: 2003..We anticipate the proposed pro ram will contribute significant towards fulfilling expectations for cancer research raised by the genomics revolution. ..
- ISOTOPE CODED AFFINITY TAGS FOR QUANTITATIVE PROTEOMICSRuedi Aebersold; Fiscal Year: 2002..The technology will thus significantly contribute to the molecular diagnosis, the assessment of the cancer risk and prognosis, and the understanding of the molecular basis of cancer. ..
- REGULATION OF KAPPA OPIOID RECEPTORSLee Yuan Liu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2002..Elucidation of the mechanisms involved in agonist-induced regulation of the KOR will lead to a better understanding of tolerance to kappa agonist, which will help in the development of better kappa agonists as useful drugs. ..
- MOLECULAR RECOGNITION IN THE STREPTAVIDIN BIOTIN SYSTEMPatrick Stayton; Fiscal Year: 2001..The streptavidin mutants could also be useful reagents in affinity separations, diagnostics, and targeted drug discovery. ..
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF HSP 100 PROTEINSMichal Zolkiewski; Fiscal Year: 2005..Characterize interactions between ClpB95 or ClpB80 and the co-chaperones (DnaK, DnaJ, GrpE). 3. Characterize the role of ClpB95 or ClpB80 and the three co-chaperones in the disaggregation and reactivation of luciferase. ..
- MOLECULAR CHARACTERIZATION OF OPIOID RECEPTORSLee Yuan Liu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2004..The information will provide insights into the structures of the binding-site crevices of opioid receptors, which will aid in the design of selective agonists and antagonists for prevention and treatment of drug abuse. ..
- Purification of Optically Labeled OligonucleotidesWilliam Pearson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Initial work will focus on oligonucleotide probe purification. ..
- MR Pharmacoangiography-Vascular Modulation of DeliveryDmitri Artemov; Fiscal Year: 2005..The experimental designs in this application will also, for the first time, evaluate the role of antivascular effects of a chemotherapeutic agent in tumor resistance using noninvasive and spatially informative techniques. ..
- Affinity Labeling the Dopamine Transporter Active SiteRoxanne Vaughan; Fiscal Year: 2005..The similarity of DAT to the norepinephrine and serotonin transporters presents the potential for these studies to be applicable to these other transporters. ..
- MULTIDISCIPLINARY TRAINING IN EXPERIMENTAL HEMATOLOGYScott Kaufmann; Fiscal Year: 2005..This program is a natural outgrowth of existing training opportunities in hematology, but will provide better preparation for laboratory research in hematological diseases. (End of Abstract) ..
- Prevention of Recombinant Protein Aggregation in E.coliShaorong Chong; Fiscal Year: 2005..As a long-term goal, this project aims to provide insights into the mechanism of the aggregation by these disease-related proteins and the means to prevent aggregation. ..
- Mechanisms of pathogenic E.coli-host cell interactionsPHILIP HARDWIDGE; Fiscal Year: 2005..The characterization of toxic E. coli proteins and the analysis of the intestinal response to these proteins will guide future vaccine and antibiotic designs. ..
- Blood-Brain Barrier Nutrient TransportIan Simpson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Taken together these studies will provide new information on the regulation of transport across the BBB and will further our understanding of nutrient and drug delivery to the brain [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Antibodies with Infinite AffinityClaude Meares; Fiscal Year: 2009....