Genomes and Genes
indicators and reagents
Summary: Substances used for the detection, identification, analysis, etc. of chemical, biological, or pathologic processes or conditions. Indicators are substances that change in physical appearance, e.g., color, at or approaching the endpoint of a chemical titration, e.g., on the passage between acidity and alkalinity. Reagents are substances used for the detection or determination of another substance by chemical or microscopical means, especially analysis. Types of reagents are precipitants, solvents, oxidizers, reducers, fluxes, and colorimetric reagents. (From Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed, p301, p499)
Publications279 found, 100 shown here
- A simple sample preparation with HPLC-UV method for estimation of tiropramide from plasma: application to bioequivalence studyKhan Imran
Department of Pharmacology, The Bombay College of Pharmacy, Kalina, Santacruz E, Mumbai 400 098, India
J Pharm Biomed Anal 43:1135-40. 2007..These results indicated that the analytical method was linear, precise and accurate. Test and reference formulation were found to be bioequivalent...
- Genetic visualization with an improved GCaMP calcium indicator reveals spatiotemporal activation of the spinal motor neurons in zebrafishAkira Muto
Division of Molecular and Developmental Biology, National Institute of Genetics, Graduate University for Advanced Studies, SOKENDAI, Mishima, Shizuoka 411 8540, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:5425-30. 2011..We propose the GCaMP technology combined with the Gal4FF-UAS system is a powerful tool to study functional neural circuits in zebrafish...
- The green fluorescent proteinR Y Tsien
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0647, USA
Annu Rev Biochem 67:509-44. 1998..Mutagenesis and engineering of GFP into chimeric proteins are opening new vistas in physiological indicators, biosensors, and photochemical memories...
- Comparison of alamar blue and MTT assays for high through-put screeningR Hamid
Discovery Support, Purdue Pharma L P, 444 Saw Mill River Road, Ardsley, NY 10502, USA
Toxicol In Vitro 18:703-10. 2004....
- Multi-platform, multi-site instrumentation and reagent standardizationN Purvis
Cytometry Associates, Inc, Brentwood, Tennessee 37027, USA
Cytometry 33:156-65. 1998..Data are presented that illustrates why standardization is needed and how we have attempted to achieve it in our laboratories...
- The polarity and dynamics of microtubule assembly in the budding yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiaeP S Maddox
Department of Biology, CB3280, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 3280, USA
Nat Cell Biol 2:36-41. 2000..These results show for astral and anaphase interpolar spindle microtubules, and possibly for metaphase spindle microtubules, that microtubule assembly and disassembly occur at plus, and not minus, ends...
- Broad-range ribosomal RNA real-time PCR after removal of DNA from reagents: melting profiles for clinically important bacteriaChing Ping Tseng
School of Medical Technology and Graduate Institute of Medical Biotechnology, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan 333, Taiwan, Republic of China
Clin Chem 49:306-9. 2003
- Microtubule minus-end anchorage at centrosomal and non-centrosomal sites: the role of nineinM M Mogensen
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, MSI WTB complex, Dow Street, University of Dundee, Dundee, DD1 5EH, UK
J Cell Sci 113:3013-23. 2000..We propose that ninein is a non-nucleating microtubule minus-end associated protein which may have a dual role as a minus-end capping and anchoring protein...
- Intracellular internalization mechanism of protein transfection reagentsMakoto Oba
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki University, Nagasaki 852 8521, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 35:1064-8. 2012..It is our hope that the results presented here will help in the choice and use of protein transfection reagents for experiments...
- Easily reversible desthiobiotin binding to streptavidin, avidin, and other biotin-binding proteins: uses for protein labeling, detection, and isolationJames D Hirsch
Molecular Probes, Inc, Eugene, OR 97402, USA
Anal Biochem 308:343-57. 2002..Thus, our desthiobiotin-based reagents and techniques provide some distinct advantages over traditional 2-iminobiotin, monomeric avidin, or other affinity-based techniques...
- Staining of proteins for 2D SDS-PAGE using Coomassie Blue--speed versus sensitivity?Pavel Májek
Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, Prague, Czech Republic
Electrophoresis 34:1972-5. 2013..PLoS One 2011, 6, e22394) seems to be less sensitive than colloidal Coomassie staining when the number of detected spots is the evaluating criterion. No obvious influence of gel boiling on the protein identification was observed...
- A new reagent for direct difluoromethylationYuta Fujiwara
Department of Chemistry, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Am Chem Soc 134:1494-7. 2012..Regiochemical comparisons suggest that the CF(2)H radical generated from the new reagent possesses nucleophilic character...
- Anatomical and functional outcome in brilliant blue G assisted chromovitrectomyPaul B Henrich
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
Acta Ophthalmol 88:588-93. 2010..To evaluate the potential of brilliant blue G (BBG) for intraoperative staining of the inner limiting membrane (ILM) with respect to staining properties and surgical outcome...
- Differentiation of Bartonella-like isolates at the species level by PCR-restriction fragment length polymorphism in the citrate synthase geneA F Norman
Department of Microbiology, University of Georgia, Athens, USA
J Clin Microbiol 33:1797-803. 1995..henselae strain. Current studies are aimed at optimization of PCR conditions for specificity and sensitivity of amplification of Bartonella sequences from clinical isolates...
- Multiplexed protein quantitation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae using amine-reactive isobaric tagging reagentsPhilip L Ross
Applied Biosystems, Framingham, MA 01701, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 3:1154-69. 2004..We find that inactivation of Upf1p and Xrn1p causes common as well as unique effects on protein expression...
- Influence of neutral protease activity on human islet isolation outcomeH Brandhorst
Third Medical Department, University Hospital, Giessen, Germany
Transplant Proc 37:241-2. 2005..Since no information is available about the effect of NP activity on islet release from the human pancreas, the present study evaluated the effect of various NP concentrations on the outcome of human islet isolation...
- Amplification of ST50 gene using dry-reagent-based polymerase chain reaction for the detection of Salmonella typhiIsmail Aziah
Institute for Research in Molecular Medicine, Health Campus, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 16150 Kubang Kerian, Kelantan, Malaysia
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 59:373-7. 2007..9%, 100%, 100%, and 90.9%, respectively. We suggest that this rapid 2-step PCR test could be used for the rapid diagnosis of typhoid fever...
- Continuous pH monitoring in a perfused bioreactor system using an optical pH sensorAntony S Jeevarajan
Wyle Laboratories, Life Sciences Systems and Services, 1290 Hercules Drive, Suite 120, Mail Stop BT 37, Houston, Texas 77058, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 78:467-72. 2002..06 pH unit and for the fiber optically coupled Shimadzu spectrophotometer against the blood gas analyzer was +/-0.05 pH unit. The pH sensor system performed well without need of recalibration for 124 days...
- Peptide chiral purity determination: hydrolysis in deuterated acid, derivatization with Marfey's reagent and analysis using high-performance liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-mass spectrometryD R Goodlett
Immunobiology Research Institute, Annandale, NJ 08801, USA
J Chromatogr A 707:233-44. 1995..This procedure was used to determine the chiral purity of each amino acid in a purified, hexapeptide by-product (Arg-Lys-Lys-Asp-Val-Tyr) present in a kilogram batch of the synthetic pentapeptide, thymopentin (Arg-Lys-Asp-Val-Tyr)...
- Fluorescent indicators for Ca2+ based on green fluorescent proteins and calmodulinA Miyawaki
Department of Pharmacology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0647, USA
Nature 388:882-7. 1997..Thus FRET between GFP mutants can monitor localized Ca2+ signals and protein heterodimerization in individual live cells...
- Screening for colorectal cancer: randomised trial comparing guaiac-based and immunochemical faecal occult blood testing and flexible sigmoidoscopyL Hol
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Centre Rotterdam, s Gravendijkwal 230, 3015 CE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Gut 59:62-8. 2010..We conducted a randomised trial comparing participation and detection rates (DR) per screenee of guaiac-based faecal occult blood test (gFOBT), immunochemical FOBT (FIT), and flexible sigmoidoscopy (FS) for CRC screening...
- Comparative toxicology of trypan blue, brilliant blue G, and their combination together with polyethylene glycol on human pigment epithelial cellsDoaa Awad
Department of Chemistry, University of Bremen, Bremen, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:4085-90. 2011....
- No evidence of murine-like gammaretroviruses in CFS patients previously identified as XMRV-infectedKonstance Knox
Wisconsin Viral Research Group, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Science 333:94-7. 2011..Consistent with previous reports, we detected MLV sequences in commercial laboratory reagents. Our results indicate that previous evidence linking XMRV and MLVs to CFS is likely attributable to laboratory contamination...
- Steric factors influencing hybridisation of nucleic acids to oligonucleotide arraysM S Shchepinov
Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, South Parks Road Oxford OX1 3QU, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 25:1155-61. 1997..Surface coverage was varied using a combination of cleavable and stable linkers, giving the highest hybridisation yields for surfaces containing approximately 50% of the maximum concentration of oligonucleotides...
- Simple reagents for direct halonium-induced polyene cyclizationsScott A Snyder
Department of Chemistry, Columbia University, Havemeyer Hall, 3000 Broadway, New York, New York 10027, USA
J Am Chem Soc 132:14303-14. 2010..Preliminary attempts to use chiral forms of the reagent class for enantioselective alkene halogenation are also described...
- Genetically encoded Ca2+ indicators: using genetics and molecular design to understand complex physiologyMichael I Kotlikoff
Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853 6401, USA
J Physiol 578:55-67. 2007..Finally, newer strategies for effective genetic specification of GECIs are briefly reviewed...
- Decontamination of polymerase chain reaction reagents using DEAE-celluloseS A Glushkov
Institute of Cytology and Genetics, Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk 630090, Russian Federation
Anal Biochem 393:135-7. 2009..We also show the suitability of the proposed approach for decontamination of the Taq polymerase, monoclonal antibodies to Taq polymerase, and Moloney murine leukemia virus (M-MLV) reverse transcriptase...
- Development and validation of a high-throughput double solid phase extraction-liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method for the determination of tetrodotoxin in human urine and plasmaBonnie Mei Wah Fong
Department of Chemistry, Hong Kong Baptist University, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon, HKSAR, PR China
Talanta 83:1030-6. 2011..The creatinine-adjusted TTX concentration in urine (ranging from 7.4 to 41.1 ng μmol(-1) creatinine) correlated well with the degree of poisoning as observed from clinical symptoms...
- Possible mechanism of miltefosine-mediated death of Leishmania donovaniNavin K Verma
Department of Biotechnology, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Punjab, India
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:3010-5. 2004..Understanding of miltefosine-mediated death will facilitate the design of new therapeutic strategies against Leishmania parasites...
- Technical, experimental, and biological variations in isobaric tags for relative and absolute quantitation (iTRAQ)Chee Sian Gan
Biological and Environmental Systems Group, Department of Chemical and Process Engineering, The University of Sheffield, Mappin Street, Sheffield S1 3JD, United Kingdom
J Proteome Res 6:821-7. 2007..These findings underline the importance of replicate analysis as a validation tool and benchmarking technique in protein expression analysis...
- Reagent decontamination to eliminate false-positives in Escherichia coli qPCRSarah S Silkie
Civil and Environmental Engineering Department, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 1710, USA
J Microbiol Methods 72:275-82. 2008..5 microL of master mix). Both decontamination methods could eliminate up to 100 copies of added contaminant DNA and did not cause PCR inhibition, resulting in a reduction of the detection limit to 10 copies per reaction well...
- Comparative evaluation of anatomical and functional outcomes using brilliant blue G versus triamcinolone assisted ILM peeling in macular hole surgery in Indian populationAtul Kumar
Dr Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, 110029, India
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 249:987-95. 2011..To compare anatomical and functional outcomes using brilliant blue G (BBG) vs triamcinolone acetonide (TA)-assisted ILM peeling in macular hole surgery (MHS)...
- Copper-mediated difluoromethylation of aryl and vinyl iodidesPatrick S Fier
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, United States
J Am Chem Soc 134:5524-7. 2012..This transformation is surprising, in part, because of the prior observation of the instability of CuCF(2)H...
- Cervical cancer screening using visual inspection with acetic acid: operational experiences from Ghana and ThailandHarshad Sanghvi
JHPIEGO, Baltimore MD, USA
Reprod Health Matters 16:67-77. 2008..However, this study shows that a single-visit approach with VIA and cryotherapy is programmatically feasible and sustainable and should be considered in national investments to control cervical cancer...
- Development of colorimetric microtiter plate assay for assessment of antimicrobials against AcanthamoebaJames McBride
Department of Immunology, Strathclyde Institute for Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, 27 Taylor St, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
J Clin Microbiol 43:629-34. 2005..As it is based on a standard 96-well, microtiter plate, it is amenable to automation and high throughput...
- A rapid resazurin bioassay for assessing the toxicity of fungicidesPatricia Bi Fai
Centre for Ecology, Evolution and Conservation CEEC, School of Environmental Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR47TJ, UK
Chemosphere 74:1165-70. 2009..It will be valuable for screening chemical libraries for fungicides and as a biomarker for detecting the effects of fungicides to non-target fungi...
- iTRAQ reagent-based quantitative proteomic analysis on a linear ion trap mass spectrometerTimothy J Griffin
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Biophysics, Center for Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Proteome Res 6:4200-9. 2007..Thus, we demonstrate the effectiveness of LTQ-PQD analyzing iTRAQ reagent-labeled peptides, and provide guidelines for successful quantitative proteomic studies...
- Effect of visual screening on cervical cancer incidence and mortality in Tamil Nadu, India: a cluster-randomised trialRengaswamy Sankaranarayanan
Screening Group, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Lancet 370:398-406. 2007..We assessed the effect of screening using visual inspection with 4% acetic acid (VIA) on cervical cancer incidence and mortality in a cluster randomised controlled trial in India...
- Selective determination of ammonium ions by high-speed ion-exclusion chromatography on a weakly basic anion-exchange resin columnMasanobu Mori
National Institute and Advanced Industrial Science and Technology at Seto, 110 Nishiibara cho, Seto, Aichi 489 0884, Japan
J Chromatogr A 997:191-7. 2003..3 min with a detection limit (S/N=3) better than 0.125 microM. Ammonium ion in rain and river waters was precisely determined using this ion-exclusion chromatographic system...
- Regioselective oxidative coupling of 4-hydroxystilbenes: synthesis of resveratrol and epsilon-viniferin (E)-dehydrodimersMagoichi Sako
Gifu Pharmaceutical University, 5 6 1, Mitahora Higashi, Gifu 502 8585, Japan
J Org Chem 69:2598-600. 2004....
- Distribution of conjugated and free phenols in fruits: antioxidant activity and cultivar variationsU Imeh
Procter Department of Food Science, University of Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK
J Agric Food Chem 50:6301-6. 2002..The calculated dietary intake of total, free, and conjugated phenols from average per capita consumption of apples and pears in different regions of the U.K. varied between 104-126, 53-64, and 51-62 mg of CtE/day, respectively...
- Acid-triggered release via dePEGylation of DOPE liposomes containing acid-labile vinyl ether PEG-lipidsJunhwa Shin
Department of Chemistry, 560 Oval Drive, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
J Control Release 91:187-200. 2003..These studies also suggested that the presence of a slight negative charge at the membrane surface can accelerate the acid-catalyzed leakage process...
- Chemical synthesis of a biologically active natural tRNA with its minor basesD Gasparutto
, CIS Bio International, , France
Nucleic Acids Res 20:5159-66. 1992..The synthetic tRNA(Ala) has been transcribed into cDNA by reverse transcriptase and sequenced. With E. coli alanyl-tRNA synthetase the alanyl acceptance activity and kcat/Km were 672 pmol/A260 and 6 x 10(4)M-1s-1, respectively...
- Analysis of HIV-1 variants by cloning DNA generated with the ViroSeq HIV-1 Genotyping SystemSusan H Eshleman
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Ross Bldg 646, 720 Rutland Ave, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Biotechniques 35:614-8, 620, 622. 2003
- The study of dynamic chemical magnifying endoscopy in gastric neoplasiaKazuyoshi Yagi
Department of Internal Medicine, Niigata Prefectural Yoshida Hospital, Yoshida machi, Niigata ken, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 62:963-9. 2005..We assessed the usefulness of acetic acid-enhanced magnifying endoscopy in the diagnosis of gastric neoplasia...
- Caenorhabditis elegans auxilin: a J-domain protein essential for clathrin-mediated endocytosis in vivoT Greener
Laboratory of Cell Biology, NHLBI, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892 0301, USA
Nat Cell Biol 3:215-9. 2001..We conclude that auxilin is required for in vivo clathrin-mediated endocytosis and development in C. elegans...
- Gating dependence of inner pore access in inward rectifier K(+) channelsL Revell Phillips
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, Saint Louis, MO 63110, USA
Neuron 37:953-62. 2003....
- Flexibility of the Kir6.2 inward rectifier K(+) channel poreG Loussouarn
Departments of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:4227-32. 2001..2 model this narrowing excludes all ions. To allow entry of ions as large as MTSPTrEA(+) or qBBr(+), the entrance must widen to >8 A, but this widening is readily accomplished by minimal M2 helix motion and side-chain rearrangement...
- An ultra-weak chemiluminescence study on oxidative stress in rabbits following acute thermal injuryJ S Sun
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Republic of China
Burns 24:225-31. 1998....
- mDia mediates Rho-regulated formation and orientation of stable microtubulesA F Palazzo
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Columbia University, New York 10032, USA
Nat Cell Biol 3:723-9. 2001..Our results show that mDia is sufficient to generate and orient stable microtubules, and indicate that Dia-related formins are part of a conserved pathway that regulates the dynamics of microtubule ends...
- Selection of antibodies against biotinylated antigensPatrick Chames
Department of Pathology, Maastricht University and University Hospital, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Methods Mol Biol 178:147-57. 2002
- Connexin-GFPs shed light on regulation of cell-cell communication by gap junctionsVytas K Verselis
Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Curr Drug Targets 3:483-99. 2002....
- Evaluation of accuracy and uncertainty of ELISA assays for the determination of interleukin-4, interleukin-5, interferon-gamma and tumor necrosis factor-alphaLone Borg
Reference Laboratory, National Institute of Occupational Health, Copenhagen, Denmark
Clin Chem Lab Med 40:509-19. 2002..The model for evaluating uncertainty presented in this paper is applicable to other types of assays and to most analytical methods...
- [High dose intravitreal brilliant blue G]E Cervera
Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol 82:473. 2007
- Microfluidic combinatorial chemistryPaul Watts
Department of Chemistry, University of Hull, Cottingham Road, Hull, HU6 7RX, UK
Curr Opin Chem Biol 7:380-7. 2003..One of the immediate and obvious applications is therefore in combinatorial chemistry and drug discovery...
- Probing the pore of ClC-0 by substituted cysteine accessibility method using methane thiosulfonate reagentsChia Wei Lin
Center for Neuroscience, University of California Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Gen Physiol 122:147-59. 2003..Thus, the proposal that the glutamate side chain is the fast gate of the channel is applicable to ClC-0, revealing a structural and functional conservation of ClC channels between bacterial and vertebrate species...
- pH fluorosensors for use in marine systemsClaudia R Schröder
University of Regensburg, Institute of Analytical Chemistry, Chemo and Biosensors, 93040 Regensburg, Germany
Analyst 130:907-16. 2005..This type of sensor can be applied for pH imaging or in phase-modulation measurements of pH...
- Endoscopic instillation of indigo carmine dye with acetic acid enables the visualization of distinct margin of superficial gastric lesion; Usefulness in endoscopic treatment and diagnosis of gastric cancerH Yamashita
Dig Liver Dis 39:389-91. 2007
- 8-plex quantitation of changes in cerebrospinal fluid protein expression in subjects undergoing intravenous immunoglobulin treatment for Alzheimer's diseaseLeila Choe
School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
Proteomics 7:3651-60. 2007..One conclusion aided by the visualization tool is that there are differences in considering peptide-based observations versus protein-based observations from quantitative shotgun proteomics studies...
- A cysteine scan of the inner vestibule of cyclic nucleotide-gated channels reveals architecture and rearrangement of the poreGalen E Flynn
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 7290, USA
J Gen Physiol 121:563-82. 2003....
- Building addressable libraries: the use of electrochemistry for generating reactive Pd(II) reagents at preselected sites on a chipEden Tesfu
Department of Chemistry, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63130, and CombiMatrix Corporation, 6500 Harbor Heights Parkway, Suite 301, Mukilteo, Washington 98275, USA
J Am Chem Soc 126:6212-3. 2004....
- HPLC determination of malondialdehyde in ECV304 cell culture medium for measuring the antioxidant effect of vitexin-4''-O-glucosideXi Xiang Ying
School of Pharmacy, Liaoning University of TCM, No 79 Chongshan East Road, Shenyang, China
Arch Pharm Res 31:878-85. 2008..0125 microM. This chromatographic method was successfully applied to investigating the in vitro antioxidant effect of vitexin-4''-O-glucoside. Vitexin-4''-O-glucoside (120 M) protected ECV304 cells from peroxidation induced by TBHP...
- LC determination of glimepiride and its related impuritiesMubeen Ahmad Khan
Analytical Research Lab, Glenmark Research Centre, Plot A 607, TTC Industrial Area, MIDC, Mahape, 400709 Navi Mumbai, India
J Pharm Biomed Anal 39:928-43. 2005..The method has been validated as per international guidelines on method validation and can be used for the routine quality control analysis of glimepiride as active pharmaceutical ingredient (API)...
- Catecholase activity of a mu-hydroxodicopper(II) macrocyclic complex: structures, intermediates and reaction mechanismIryna A Koval
Leiden Institute of Chemistry, Leiden University, PO Box 9502, 2300, RA, Leiden, Netherlands
J Biol Inorg Chem 10:739-50. 2005..A catalytic mechanism of catechol oxidation by 1 has been proposed, and its relevance to the mechanisms earlier proposed for the natural enzyme and other copper complexes is discussed...
- Liquid chromatographic method for quantitation of patulin at 10 ng/mL in apple-based products intended for infants: interlaboratory studyIsabel Arranz
Institute for Reference Materials and Measurements, Food Safety and Quality Unit, European Commission Joint Research Centre, Retieseweg 111, B 2440 Geel, Belgium
J AOAC Int 88:518-25. 2005..5 to 35.2%, reflecting HORRAT values from 0.6 to 1.0 for juice and 0.4 to 0.9 for puree. The method showed acceptable within-laboratory and between-laboratory precision for each matrix, as required by current European legislation...
- Identification of antitumour activity of novel derivatives of 8-aryl-2,6,7,8-tetrahydroimidazo[2,1-c][1,2,4]triazine-3,4-dione and 8-aryl-4-imino-2,3,7,8-tetrahydroimidazo[2,1-c][1,2,4]triazin-3(6H)-oneKrzysztof Sztanke
Chair and Department of Medical Chemistry, Professor Feliks Skubiszewski Medical University, 4 Staszica Street, 20 081 Lublin, Poland
Bioorg Med Chem 15:2837-49. 2007..Six of them (1-2, 4-6 and 9) proved active as antimicrobials. All these compounds revealed MIC values in the range of 15.0-78.6 microM. Their activities were compared to those of ampicillin and chloramphenicol...
- Synthesis of 6beta-D-glucosyl and 6-nitroxy (-)-galanthamine derivatives as acetylcholinesterase inhibitorsE Perissutti
Dipartimento di Chimica Farmaceutica e Tossicologica1, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Napoli, Italy
Pharmazie 62:403-5. 2007..Compounds 2, 3 and 5 presented a percentage of inhibition of 35.22%, 47.48% and 67.89% respectively...
- Enantioselective analysis of the metabolites of hydroxychloroquine and application to an in vitro metabolic studyCarmem Dickow Cardoso
Departamento de Quimica, Faculdade de Filosofia Ciências e Letras de Ribeirão Preto USP, Av Bandeirantes 3900, 14040 901 Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Pharm Biomed Anal 37:703-8. 2005..The metabolic study demonstrated that metabolism is stereoselective for HCQ. The major metabolites formed in the incubation of racemic HCQ were (-)-(R)-DCQ and (-)-(R)-DHCQ with R/S ratios of 2.2 and 3.3, respectively...
- HPLC determination of four triterpenoids in rat urine after oral administration of total triterpenoids from Ganoderma lucidumXiao Ming Wang
Shanghai Research Center for TCM Modernization, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Shanghai Institute for Biological Sciences, Guo Shoujing Road 199, Zhangjiang, Shanghai, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 43:1185-90. 2007..Using this method, the excretion profile of the triterpenoids in rat urine after oral administration of total triterpenoids of G. lucidum was revealed for the first time...
- Optimization and determination of the absolute configuration of a series of potent inhibitors of human papillomavirus type-11 E1-E2 protein-protein interaction: a combined medicinal chemistry, NMR and computational chemistry approachNathalie Goudreau
Department of Chemistry, Boehringer Ingelheim Canada Ltd, Research and Development, 2100 Cunard Street, Laval, Que, Canada H7S 2G5
Bioorg Med Chem 15:2690-700. 2007..In addition, we report a combined NMR and computational chemistry approach which allowed the successful determination of the absolute stereochemistry of the active species originating from the initial racemic lead...
- Quantification of eugenol, luteolin, ursolic acid, and oleanolic acid in black (Krishna Tulasi) and green (Sri Tulasi) varieties of Ocimum sanctum Linn. using high-performance thin-layer chromatographySheetal Anandjiwala
B V Patel Pharmaceutical Education and Research Development Centre, Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry Department, Thaltej, Ahmedabad 380 054, Gujarat, India
J AOAC Int 89:1467-74. 2006..The HPTLC-densitometry methods for the quantification of the 4 markers in O. sanctum leaf will have the applicability in quality control...
- Synthesis of DL-standishinal and its related compounds for the studies on structure-activity relationship of inhibitory activity against aromataseTakahiro Katoh
Department of Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Chemistry, 21st Century COE Program, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, 1 Shichono cho, Misasagi, Yamashina ku, Kyoto 607 8412, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 15:2736-48. 2007....
- Synthesis of the four stereoisomers of 2,6-dimethyloctane-1,8-dioic acid, a component of the copulation release pheromone of the cowpea weevil, Callosobruchus maculatusTomonori Nakai
Department of Fermentation Science, Faculty of Applied Biological Science, Tokyo University of Agriculture, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 69:2401-8. 2005..The stereoisomeric purities of the four synthetic isomers of 2 were determined by the HPLC analyses of their bis-2-(2,3-anthracenedicarboximide)-1-cyclohexyl esters...
- A simple high-performance liquid chromatographic method for the determination of acyclovir in human plasma and application to a pharmacokinetic studyLiyan Yu
Center for Instrumental Analysis, China Pharmaceutical University, Key Laboratory of Drug Quality Control and Pharmacovigilance under the Ministry of Education, Nanjing People s Republic of China
Arzneimittelforschung 58:199-202. 2008..90% confidence limits calculated for C(max) and AUC from zero to infinity (AUC(0-infinity)) of acyclovir were included in the bioequivalence range (0.8-1.25 for AUC)...
- Concentrations of p-synephrine in fruits and leaves of Citrus species (Rutaceae) and the acute toxicity testing of Citrus aurantium extract and p-synephrineM D Arbo
Programa de Pós Graduação em Ciências Farmacêuticas, Faculdade de Farmacia, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Av Ipiranga, 2752, CEP 90610 000, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Food Chem Toxicol 46:2770-5. 2008..All the effects were reversible and persisted for 3-4h. The toxic effects observed seem to be related with adrenergic stimulation and should alert for possible side effects of p-synephrine and C. aurantium...
- Stereoselective syntheses of highly functionalized bicyclo[3.1.0]hexanes: a general methodology for the synthesis of potent and selective mGluR2/3 agonistsLushi Tan
Department of Process Research, Merck Research Laboratories, P O Box 2000, Rahway, New Jersey 07065, USA
J Org Chem 70:8027-34. 2005..Application of this reaction to the synthesis of mGluR2/3 agonist 1 (43% overall yield) and a few intermediates suitable for the synthesis of other bicyclo[3.1.0]hexane mGluR2/3 agonists is discussed...
- Enantiospecific assay of citadiol--a key intermediate of escitalopram by liquid chromatography on Chiralpak AD-H column connected with UV and polarimetric detectors in seriesR Nageswara Rao
HPLC UV Group, Division of Analytical Chemistry, Discovery Laboratory, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad 500007, India
J Pharm Biomed Anal 43:311-4. 2007..1-300 microg/ml for R-CTD and S-CTD, respectively and the r2 was > or = 0.9999. The inter- and intra-day assay precision was less than 0.74% (%R.S.D.) and the recoveries were in the range 99.68-100.72% with %R.S.D. < 0.49%...
- Synthesis of highly condensed polycyclic carbohydrates by reaction of a spirocyclic enamino sulfonate derived from d-xylofuranose with bifunctional reagentsAlessandra Cordeiro
Instituto de Quimica Medica CSIC, Juan de la Cierva 3, 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Org Chem 72:9713-21. 2007..X-ray diffraction analysis and intensive NMR studies with one of these carbohydrates were performed to highlight the strained nature of these compounds...
- alpha-Biphenylsulfonylamino 2-methylpropyl phosphonates: enantioselective synthesis and selective inhibition of MMPsAlessandro Biasone
Dipartimento di Scienze del Farmaco, Universita G D Annunzio, Via dei Vestini 31, 66013 Chieti, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem 15:791-9. 2007..Screening of the new compounds on MMP-1, -2, -3, -7, -8, -9, -13 and -14 showed IC(50) in the range of nM in most cases...
- Diastereomeric and enantiomeric high-performance liquid chromatographic separation of synthetic anisodamineLi Min Yang
Department of Pharmacy, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, South ChongQing Road 280, Shanghai 200025, China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 43:905-9. 2007..The methods were optimized by studying mobile phase modifiers, concentration of modifier and column temperature. The HPLC method for the simultaneous separation of two pairs of enantiomers of 654-2 has been validated...
- Simultaneous identification and quantification of anthraquinones, polydatin, and resveratrol in Polygonum multiflorum, various Polygonum species, and dietary supplements by liquid chromatography and microscopic study of Polygonum speciesBharathi Avula
National Center for Natural Products Research, Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Mississippi, University, MS 38677, USA
J AOAC Int 90:1532-8. 2007..multiflorum. The commercial samples and the 6 Polygonum species were compared microscopically, and a detailed description is provided for P. multiflorum...
- Rapid and simultaneous determination of sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim in human plasma by high-performance liquid chromatographyHossein Amini
Department of Pharmacology, Neuroscience Research Center, Shaheed Beheshti Medical University, Tehran, Iran
J Pharm Biomed Anal 43:1146-50. 2007..125-2 microg/ml for TMP and 0.39-50 microg/ml for SMX. The limit of quantification (LOQ) in plasma was 0.125 and 0.39 microg/ml for TMP and SMX, respectively. The method was used for a bioequivalence study...
- Enantiodiscrimination by NMR spectroscopyGloria Uccello-Barretta
Dipartimento di Chimica e Chimica Industriale, Universita di Pisa, Via Risorgimento 35, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Curr Pharm Des 12:4023-45. 2006....
- Direct asymmetric intermolecular aldol reactions catalyzed by amino acids and small peptidesArmando Córdova
Department of Organic Chemistry, The Arrhenius Laboratory, Stockholm University, 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Chemistry 12:5383-97. 2006..These results suggest that the prebiotic oligomerization of amino acids to peptides may plausibly have been a link in the evolution of the homochirality of sugars. The mechanism and stereochemistry of the reactions are also discussed...
- High performance liquid chromatographic determination of etofibrate and its hydrolysis productsAlaa El-Gindy
Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Suez Canal University, Ismailia 41522, Egypt
J Pharm Biomed Anal 43:196-203. 2007..01 M sodium hydroxide at different temperatures cannot be studied as the drug is rapidly hydrolyzed in alkaline medium. The pH-rate profile of hydrolysis of EF in Britton-Robinson buffer solutions within the pH range 2-10 were studied...
- Detection of DNA adducts derived from the reactive metabolite of furan, cis-2-butene-1,4-dialMichael C Byrns
Division of Environmental Health and Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 19:414-20. 2006..These data support the hypothesis that cis-butene-1,4-dial is a genotoxic metabolite of furan. This method will allow us to explore the role of these adducts in furan-induced carcinogenesis...
- Preparative method of R-(-)-lbuprofen by diastereomer crystallizationTran Quoc Trung
College of Pharmacy, Kangwon National University, Chunchon 200 701, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 29:108-11. 2006..R-(-)-ibuprofen was recovered producing overall yield of 2.4% with the purity more than 99.97%...
- Verticilide: elucidation of absolute configuration and total synthesisSouichi Monma
Kitasato Institute for Life Sciences and Graduate School of Infection Control Sciences, Kitasato University, Tokyo 108 8641, Japan
Org Lett 8:5601-4. 2006..We also describe the practical total synthesis of verticilide. [reaction: see text]...
- Construction of quaternary stereocenters by efficient and practical conjugate additions to alpha,beta-unsaturated ketones with a chiral organic catalystFanghui Wu
Department of Chemistry, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02454 9110, USA
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 45:947-50. 2006
- Determination of absolute configurations by X-ray crystallography and 1H NMR anisotropyNobuyuki Harada
Department of Chemistry, Columbia University, New York 10027, USA
Chirality 20:691-723. 2008..In this review, the principles and applications of these X-ray and NMR methods are explained using mostly our own data...
- Vitamin B12: a methyl group without a job?Philip Butler
Institute of Organic Chemistry, Innrain 52a, Leopold Franzens Universitat Innsbruck, Austria
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 45:989-93. 2006
- Development and validation of a simple HPLC method for simultaneous in vitro determination of amoxicillin and metronidazole at single wavelengthNaser Tavakoli
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Center, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
J Pharm Biomed Anal 43:325-9. 2007..13 microg/ml for metronidazole. The determination of the two active ingredients was not interfered by the excipients of the products. Samples were stable in the release media (37 degrees C) and the HPLC injector at least for 12 h...
- Determination of the new HIV-protease inhibitor atazanavir by liquid chromatography after solid-phase extractionS Colombo
Division de pharmacologie clinique, Departement de Medecine, Laboratoire BH 18 218, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, 1011 Lausanne, CHUV, Switzerland
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 810:25-34. 2004..4 +/- 3.2%. The method is precise with mean inter-day CVs within 1.1-6.1%, and accurate (range of inter-day deviations +0.3 to +2.3%). The method has been validated and is currently applied to the monitoring of ATV in HIV patients...
- [Isomeric phenanthridines from 1,2-dihydro-5-methyl-2'-nitro-[1,1'-biphenyl]-2,6-dicarboxylic acid esters]K Görlitzer
Institut für Pharmazeutische Chemie der Technischen Universität Braunschweig, Germany
Pharmazie 58:776-87. 2003..The cyclic hydroxamic acids 13 and 14a are tested for their ability to inhibit 5-, 12- and 15-lipoxygenase. Compound 13 represents a weak inhibitor of 5-lipoxygenase in human whole blood...
- Identification of potent and novel small-molecule inhibitors of caspase-3Darin A Allen
Sunesis Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 341 Oyster Point Boulevard, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 13:3651-5. 2003..The design and synthesis of a series of novel, reversible, small molecule inhibitors of caspase-3 are described...
- Double diastereoselective intramolecular cyclopropanation to P-chiral [3.1.0]-bicyclic phosphonatesJoel D Moore
Department of Chemistry, University of Kansas, 1251 Wescoe Hall Drive, Lawrence, Kansas 66045 7582, USA
Org Lett 4:2357-60. 2002..This approach is being developed as an effective method to access bicyclic P-chiral phosphonates...
- Spectrophotometric and liquid chromatographic determination of trimebutine maleate in the presence of its degradation productsAlaa El-Gindy
Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Suez Canal University, Ismailia 41522, Egypt
J Pharm Biomed Anal 33:231-41. 2003..The proposed HPLC and 1D methods were used to investigate the kinetics of acidic and alkaline degradation processes. The pH-rate profile of degradation of TM in Britton-Robinson buffer solutions within the pH range 2-11.9 was studied...
- Stereospecific high-performance liquid chromatographic analysis of flurbiprofen: application to pharmacokinetic studiesXiao Wei Teng
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, Washington State University, P O Box 646534, Pullman, WA 99164 6534, USA
J Pharm Biomed Anal 33:95-100. 2003..6% at the limit of quantitation (LOQ) (0.05 microg/ml). Bias of the assay was lower than 13.1%, and was within 12.8% at the LOQ. The assay was applied successfully to the in vivo kinetic study of flurbiprofen in rats...
- Simultaneous determination of terpene lactones and flavonoid aglycones in Ginkgo biloba by high-performance liquid chromatography with evaporative light scattering detectionWenkui Li
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, Program for Collaborative Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, 833 South Wood Street, 60612 7231, Chicago, IL, USA
J Pharm Biomed Anal 30:67-75. 2002..998. The reproducibility of the method was evaluated by analyzing three sets of controls on 3 consecutive days with RSD% and relative errors (RE%) less than 17.26 and 14.67%...
- Chromatographic determination of clotrimazole, ketoconazole and fluconazole in pharmaceutical formulationsE M Abdel-Moety
Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Kasr El Aini, ET 11562 Cairo, Egypt
Farmaco 57:931-8. 2002..1, by volumes), CZ was well separated from its acid degradation products and quantified by densitometric scanning at 260 nm...
- The enantiospecific, stereospecific total synthesis of the ring-A oxygenated sarpagine indole alkaloids (+)-majvinine, (+)-10-methoxyaffinisine, and (+)-N(a)-methylsarpagine, as well as the total synthesis of the alstonia bisindole alkaloid macralstonidinShuo Zhao
Department of Chemistry, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201, USA
J Org Chem 68:6279-95. 2003..This approach to ring-A substituted alkoxyindole alkaloids should find wide application for the synthesis of other alkaloids for it is stereospecific and either enantiomer can be prepared with ease...
- The Primate Corpus Luteum: Functional Regression and Cardiovascular ImpactsRandy L Bogan; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Brain Activation responses in adolescents with genetic predisposition to obesitySusan Carnell; Fiscal Year: 2011..The results may lead to new drugs and interventions to improve eating behavior, and help establish unbiased indicators of obesity risk and prognosis for use in research and clinical settings. ..
- MODULATION OF IFN ACTION VIA NOVEL REGULATORY FACTORSDHAN V KALVAKOLANU; Fiscal Year: 2013..Studies proposed in this application will investigate the regulation of an anti-metastatic gene, DAPK1, which is critical for tumor suppression and autophagic responses. ..
- Cre, Dre Dual Lineage Model for Calcium Imaging and Optogenetic ManipulationsPetr Tvrdik; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will be able to determine if Hoxb8 mutant microglia respond to neural stimuli correctly. Taken together, the proposed work will advance the set of tools available to address the underlying causes of glial and other disorders. ..
- Phage Display for Improved Peptide-based Tumor Targeting and Imaging AgentsSusan L Deutscher; Fiscal Year: 2013..This work is significant and relevant to the VA mission because the peptides discovered here may translate into novel prostate, breast, and ovarian cancer diagnostics and therapeutics for our veterans. ..
- Predictors of Pregnancy Outcome in SLE and APSJane E Salmon; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Disease chronicity in juvenile dermatomyositis (JDM): Epigenetic cluesLauren M Pachman; Fiscal Year: 2013..The goal is to identify specific markers, like microRNA, or "turned on genes" that may be key to repair the vascular damage and to identify more effective medical interventions. ..
- Novel SCID rat models for human cell transplantation studiesJoseph C Ruiz; Fiscal Year: 2010..There is a compelling need for an abundant and accessible supply of animals to screen for new therapeutic agents. Thus, if successful, this project would benefit many goals of public health. ..
- Role of TPH2 and 5HT Neuronal Loss in Non-motor Symptoms of Parkinson'sDonald M Kuhn; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Study of zidovudine addition in HIV-associated neurocognitive disordersAlbert Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Overall, this career development project will allow the principal investigator to pursue the goal o becoming an established investigator and leader in HIV CNS research. ..
- Multivariate CART for survival with dental applicationsMartha E Nunn; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Exploring persistent epigenetic changes after prenatal famine exposure in humansL H Lumey; Fiscal Year: 2010..The required medical examination records and biological materials for this study have been previously collected and stored and pending funding will be immediately available for analysis. ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY: OXIDATIVE STRESS AND EARLY ATHEROSCLEROSISDavid R Jacobs; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- EPIDEMIOLOGY: OXIDATIVE STRESS AND EARLY ATHEROSCLEROSISDavid Jacobs; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- KINETICS OF DRUG MACROMOLECULE COMPLEX FORMATIONPALMER WILLIAM TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Diet Quality and CVD Risk Factors in a Family Based Weight Management StudyAlice H Lichtenstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..S., a public health problem that threatens to overwhelm our healthcare system. (End of Abstract) ..
- Climate Change and Adverse Birth Outcomes: Assessing the Vulnerability of PregnanShao Lin; Fiscal Year: 2013..The multidisciplinary research team has a unique opportunity to use the data already collected and geo-coded through the NBDPS and other ongoing projects, which ensures the project is feasible and sustainable. ..
- MRI of Acute Vascular Injury and Hemorrhagic Transformation in Ischemic StrokeRobert A Knight; Fiscal Year: 2010..e., BBB opening) and both will be functions of the variations in BBB associated proteins and/or brain swelling;and 2) the size of these changes are correlated over time, ROI, and treatment. ..
- Oxidative stress and neurogenetic networks in DrosophilaRobert R H Anholt; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Right Heart-Pulmonary Vascular Interactions in Bronchopulmonary DysplasiaMarlowe Eldridge; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have a unique and important opportunity to investigate the consequences of BPD on lung and right heart function in this population, which will inform treatment strategies and predictions of disease progression in the future. ..
- Food(cassava) cyanogen exposure and motor neuron degenerationDANIEL DESIRE TSHALA KATUMBAY; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project has a global heath relevance because the crop (cassava) is a staple for more than 400 million people dwelling under the tropics and it is increasingly exported worldwide for snack production and animal feed. ..
- Amoeboid Membrane Dynamics in Prostate CancerMichael R Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2013..DRF3 loss and the MAT may also be functionally important in other solid tumor systems. Consequently, these studies may provide information of more general significance to human cancer. ..
- Daily Experience in Adolescence and Biomarkers of Early Risk for Adult HealthAndrew J Fuligni; Fiscal Year: 2013..An understanding of these processes is necessary for the development of ethnically and culturally relevant prevention efforts. ..
- Depression, Adipocytokines and Metabolic Dysregulation in Black and White WomenSusan A Everson Rose; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results of the study will provide significant new information on how depression affects risk for diabetes, metabolic syndrome, obesity and cardiovascular disease in women. ..
- Perinatal Programming of Infant Stress Reactivity and the Atopic PhenotypeRosalind J Wright; Fiscal Year: 2013..Given the enormous cost in the management of atopic patients in the United States, understanding the earliest stages of development offers significant potential benefits to society. ..
- microRNAs as novel biomarkers for management of breast cancerLORENZO SEMPERE; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our results should provide a solid foundation to develop miRNA-based clinical assays to assist physicians in making crucial decisions with regards to treatment of patients. ..
- Metagenomic profiling of oral polymicrobial flora in head and neck cancersCharis Eng; Fiscal Year: 2011..Importantly, even for advanced HNSCC or that which has spread, our findings will help point to antibiotics and agents that can turn back on the cancer-suppressing genes to revolutionize treatment. ..
- Quality Dialysis Outcomes and Practice Patterns Study (DOPPS): high-quality careFrancesca Tentori; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- CTRIP: Molecular phenotypes of rapidly progressive idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisGalen B Toews; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Retinal Imaging of Prognostic Indicators of AtherosclerosisFrederick R Haselton; Fiscal Year: 2010..Proven biomarker correlates will then be imaged in vivo in a mouse model of atherosclerosis to validate the utility of our imaging approach. ..
- CORONARY DISEASE MORBIDITY AND MORTALITY IN A POPULATIONVeronique L Roger; Fiscal Year: 2012..It will determine the importance of novel biomarkers to predict the risk of adverse events in clinical practice. ..
- The Effect of Behavioral and Physiological Factors on Obesity Risk in ChildrenKaren B Dorsey; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Improving Quality of Care in Parkinsons Disease: A Randomized Controlled TrialKAREN ILENE CONNOR; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Exploring Human-Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells for Alzheimer's Disease ResearchKuo Fen Lee; Fiscal Year: 2012..Ultimately, we aim to develop genetic or chemical treatments that disrupt molecular pathways that lead to AD. ..
- A simple dietary message to improve dietary quality for metabolic syndromeYunsheng Ma; Fiscal Year: 2012..We hypothesize that a message promoting high fiber intake may be the simple message that has potential to produce broad impact. ..
- Mechanisms of Cell Death after Photodynamic TherapyAnna Liisa Nieminen; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed studies will enhance our understanding how to enhance PDT-induced killing of cancer cells and further increase the efficacy of PDT translation to the benefit for cancer patients. ..
- MOLECULAR PROPERTIES OF IONIC PERMEABILITY IN NERVEBertil Hille; Fiscal Year: 2013..All quantitative results will be analyzed by an integrated realistic explanatory kinetic model for neurons and expression cells. ..
- Effect of Diet on Inflammation in Sicke Cell MiceJacqueline M Hibbert; Fiscal Year: 2010..The use of this mouse model is important for investigating the time course of sickle cell induced tissue inflammation, and for seeking practical and effective dietary treatment to reduce the tissue injury. ..
- Prenatal Cocaine Exposure: Young Adult Follow UpRuth Rose-Jacobs; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Risk for Dysfunctional Romantic Relationships for AdultsDeborah M Capaldi; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Proteolytic Pathways in Thrombus ResolutionToni M Antalis; Fiscal Year: 2013..The objectives of this basic research proposal are therefore of direct relevance to a serious condition that impacts the health of the warfighter, the military family, and the American public. ..
- Air pollution and the brain: gender as an important determinant of susceptibilityLucio G Costa; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Environmental Endocrine Disruptors and Human Sperm Chromosomal AbnormalitiesMelissa Perry; Fiscal Year: 2012..This study investigates whether chemicals common in our daily environment can affect male fertility and potential risks for birth defects. ..
- Stress and Subclinical Cardio-Metabolic Disease in Police: A Longitudinal StudyJohn M Violanti; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Pathogenesis/Treatment-Inherited Cholesterol DeficiencyGordon L Watson; Fiscal Year: 2013..There is no cure, and current treatment of symptoms is inadequate. We are attacking this problem directly by using gene therapy to replace the defective gene that is the root cause of SLOS. ..
- Neural Actions of TolueneJohn J Woodward; Fiscal Year: 2013..Research to be carried out in this proposal will provide a detailed analysis of the effects of abused inhalants on neurons within brain areas involved in addiction. ..
- Discovering tissue-specific biomarkers of radiation injury in SILAC-labeled miceAmanda G Paulovich; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Urine biomarkers of lupus nephritis pathology and response to therapyJames C Oates; Fiscal Year: 2013..The long-term goal is to provide clinicians with a qualified biomarker panel coupled with a web-based predictive tool for more accurate diagnosis and therapeutic monitoring of LN. ..
- RCT of Stress Reduction in the Secondary Prevention of CHD in African AmericansRobert Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- GENETIC SUSCEPTIBILITY TO LIPID-LOWERING DRUG-INDUCED MYOPATHIESGEORGIRENE VLADUTIU; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- The role of VEGF-C in resisting stress in prostate cancerKaustubh Datta; Fiscal Year: 2013..This study should provide potential targets for effective therapeutic interventions as well as prognostic indicators for the metastatic stage of prostate cancer. ..
- Mechanisms Underlying the Progression of Arterial Stiffness in HypertensionJay D Humphrey; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- MRI Imaging Biomarkers of ARPKD Kidney and Liver DiseaseChristopher A Flask; Fiscal Year: 2013..The animal MRI imaging studies in this project are highly translatable to human ARPKD, and will provide a critical missing element needed for the development of clinical trials in ARPKD patients. ..
- Small Animal Model of HIV Neuropathogenesis in the HAART EraPietro P Sanna; Fiscal Year: 2012..Ultimately, the proposed Tg mice will allow mechanistic studies aimed at the generation of new pathogenetic hypotheses of HIV-associated neurocognitive disorders in the setting of HAART and their interaction with drugs of abuse. ..
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia in Stable Heart FailureNancy S Redeker; Fiscal Year: 2010..We plan to test the effects of cognitive behavioral therapy, on sleep, daytime symptoms, and function middle-aged and older adults who have heart failure. ..
- An Integrated Study of Mitochondrial Pathways in Colorectal CancerBharat Thyagarajan; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Protein biomarkers of pulmonary hypertension in sickle cell diseaseMark E McComb; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- The Association of Chronic Exposure to Particulate Matter Air Pollutants, InflammRODRIGO XAVIER ARMIJOS; Fiscal Year: 2013..The samples will be analyzed using an automated energy dispersive XRF instrument. . ..
- Sox10 Alleles for Functional Analysis of Glial LineagesE Michelle Southard-Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Diagnostic Utility of mtDNA Content and Exercise Challenge in Veterans with GWIMICHAEL JOSEPH FALVO; Fiscal Year: 2013..Additionally, the potential translational merits could be rapid as efficacious treatment is currently available for mitochondrial dysfunction. ..
- Measurement of Renal Viscoelastic Properties with UltrasoundMATTHEW WILLIAM URBAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..3. Study the relationship between SDUV measurements of viscoelastic material properties with clinical measures for assessment of kidney transplant rejection. ..
- Impact of an Indoor Stove Intervention on Indicators of Cardiorespiratory HealthJennifer L Peel; Fiscal Year: 2012..The proposed work will examine the impact of an improved indoor cook stove intervention on indicators of respiratory and cardiovascular health in a developing country. ..
- Etiology of breast development in the BCERC network: role of socioeconomic statusDEJANA K BRAITHWAITE; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Small Grants in Cancer Epidemiology Program mechanism provides an ideal vehicle to accomplish the objective of this study, which is aligned with the NCI's mission to determine the underlying causes of cancer health disparities. ..
- A Medical Home Pilot Evaluation: A Model for Comparative Effectiveness ResearchKIM DUNN DUNN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Fourth, we will have a data set to compare safety net and private patients, treatments, and effectiveness to be used for comparative effectiveness research in community settings ..
- Non-Invasive Quantitation of Cellular and Biochemical Changes in Hereditary AtaxiGULIN OZ; Fiscal Year: 2009..Successful application of such treatments is expected to reduce the burden caused by these diseases on individuals, their families and society. ..
- Bioengineering Studies of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Fluid and Wall DynamicsENDER FINOL; Fiscal Year: 2009..This methodology is expected to greatly enhance the presurgical planning capabilities of vascular surgeries and endovascular therapies in the future management of cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Does Enhanced School-Readiness Affect Adult Health of African Americans?Frances A Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2010..The health care these adults provide for their own children will also be examined. ..
- Health, Pollution & Economic Development in South DurbanStuart Batterman; Fiscal Year: 2004..The study is designed to respond to Durban's needs and serve as a model for other cities undergoing rapid urbanization and industrial development. ..
- Acoustic and Respiratory System Correlates of PausingJanet Slifka; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Cholesterol Homeostasis in Framingham Offspring StudyAlice Lichtenstein; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MENTAL ILLNESS IN THE ELDERLY--DIAGNOSTIC TESTINGAndrew Leuchter; Fiscal Year: 1999..Serial study will determine characteristics of lesions that adversely affect long-term prognosis, as well as the usefulness of QEEG for monitoring the evolution of white-matter disease. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF NOVEL BIOMARKERS FOR ALZHEIMER'S DISEASEJames Moe; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Dev. of a Suicide Prevention Training Curr f/Justice Sys GatekeepersHenry J Steadman; Fiscal Year: 2009..The potential for this project to have a significant impact on public health is paramount, as is its potential to act as a vehicle for creating, facilitating and integrating successful community partnerships . ..
- Validation of Measures of Restless Legs Syndrome for Elders with Memory DisordersKathy Richards; Fiscal Year: 2009..Receiver Operator Curves will determine the best single or combination of instruments to diagnose RLS. ..
- PERINATAL FACTORS AND BREAST CANCERDimitrios Trichopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2000..Access to data of such superb quality will provide an important opportunity to critically evaluate the intrauterine origin of breast cancer hypothesis. ..
- Engineered Spores as Fluorogenic Biological Indicators for Sterility TestingBoris Rotman; Fiscal Year: 2009..To provide more rapid sterility assurance, BCR Diagnostics has engineered unique living microorganisms that promptly (less than 30 min) send fluorescent light signals when the sterilization process is inadequate. ..
- Colonoscopy in Rural Oregon Practice (CROP)David Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF MALE INFERTILITY: CRYPTORCHIDISMPeter Lee; Fiscal Year: 1999..The results will provide a definition of fertility after cryptorchidism, provide a basis for guidelines not only for treatment of cryptorchidism, but for treatment and counseling of formerly cryptorchid men concerning fertility. ..
- Mathematical Modeling of Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 Driven Left Ventricular RemodYufang Jin; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Preparation of Samples for Investigation of Biological Aging among the TsimaneEileen Crimmins; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results of this project will lead us to better understand the role of worldwide declines in infection throughout life in causing changes in the rate of aging in later life. ..
- Engineered Spores as Fluorogenic Biological Indicators for Sterility TestingBoris Rotman; Fiscal Year: 2007..To provide more rapid sterility assurance, BCR Diagnostics has developed unique living microorganisms that promptly send fluorescent light signals when the sterilization process is inadequate. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cambodia: Between the Khmers Rouges and the Red Plague?Patrick Heuveline; Fiscal Year: 2003..The existence of this long-term observatory will complement and enhance future substantive research in this population. ..