Summary: Hair grooming and cleansing aids or other products meant for topical application to hair, usually human. They include sprays, bleaches, conditioners, rinses, shampoos, nutrient lotions, etc.
Publications176 found, 100 shown here
- Assessment of hair and scalp disordersAntonella Tosti
Department of Dermatology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc 12:23-7. 2007..Many of these cosmetic benefits can be measured directly on the hair fiber, using a variety of techniques...
- Healthy worker effect and changes in respiratory symptoms and lung function in hairdressing apprenticesY Iwatsubo
INSERM E03 37, Creteil, France
Occup Environ Med 60:831-40. 2003..To compare the prevalence and incidence of respiratory symptoms and lung function values between hairdressing apprentices and office apprentices...
- Prevalence of airway symptoms among hairdressers in Bergen, NorwayB E Hollund
Division of Occupational Medicine, University of Bergen, Ulriksdal 8c, N 5009 Bergen, Norway
Occup Environ Med 58:780-5. 2001..To assess respiratory symptoms among hairdressers in Norway...
- From conditioning shampoo to nanomechanics and haptics of human hairClaudia Wood
University of Bayreuth, Physical Chemistry II, Germany
J Cosmet Sci 62:259-64. 2011..They are an approach to complement sensoric evaluation with an objective in-vitro method...
- Shampoos: ingredients, efficacy and adverse effectsRalph M Trueb
Clinic for Dermatology, University Hospital of Zurich, Switzerland
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 5:356-65. 2007..Recent developments in shampoo technology have led to increased efficacy of anti-dandruff agents, allowing shorter contact time, and reducing irritation...
- A study of the distribution of polymer/surfactant coacervate between solution and foam in archetypal shampoo systemsLeigh Ann Wilgus
School of Polymers and High Performance Materials, University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS 39406, USA
J Cosmet Sci 62:179-89. 2011..We conclude that the foam is unlikely to be an important factor in the topical delivery of polymer/surfactant coacervates...
- Structure and performance of cationic assembly dispersed in amphoteric surfactants solution as a shampoo for hair damaged by coloringYasuo Nagahara
Beauty Care Research Laboratories, Lion Corporation, Edogawa ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Oleo Sci 56:289-95. 2007..The friction level of the hair washed with the new shampoo-base recovered to the same state as that of healthy hair. The exfoliation of cuticle was reduced after washing with the new shampoo-base...
- Prevalence and risk factors of occupational asthma among hairdressers in TurkeyMuge Akpinar-Elci
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Izmir Chest Diseases and Surgery Training Hospital, Turkey
J Occup Environ Med 44:585-90. 2002..Occupational asthma did not differ among subgroups of hairdressers. We observed an important risk of occupational asthma among hairdressers. The most prominent risk factors were work intensity and atopy...
- Asthma and hairdressersGianna Moscato
Allergy and Immunology Unit, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, Institute of Care and Research, Scientific Institute of Pavia, Italy
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 6:91-5. 2006..In this paper we aim to review the most recent findings in respiratory diseases related to the occupation of hairdressing to provide a background for management and prevention...
- Occupational asthma in hairdressers: results of inhalation tests with bleaching powderM Schwaiblmair
Abteilung fur Pneumologie, Klinikum Grosshadern, University of Munich, Germany
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 70:419-23. 1997....
- Pustular psoriasis and the Kobner phenomenon caused by allergic contact dermatitis from zinc pyrithione-containing shampooJu Hyun Jo
Department of Dermatology, College of Medicine, Pusan National University, Busan, Korea
Contact Dermatitis 52:142-4. 2005..We report a rare case of psoriasis aggravated by the induction of allergic contact dermatitis from zinc pyrithione after using antidandruff shampoo...
- Rationale of frequency of use of ciclopirox 1% shampoo in the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis: results of a double-blind, placebo-controlled study comparing the efficacy of once, twice, and three times weekly usageDietrich Abeck
Department of Dermatology and Allergy, Biederstein, Technical University Munich, Munich, Germany
Int J Dermatol 43:13-6. 2004..Ciclopirox is a broad-spectrum, hydroxypyridone-derived, synthetic antifungal agent with anti-inflammatory properties...
- Relaxing/straightening of Afro-ethnic hair: historical overviewTania Cristina de Sá Dias
Department of Pharmacy, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Conjunto das Quimicas, Cidade Universitaria, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Cosmet Dermatol 6:2-5. 2007..Generally, the products used are formulated in a cosmetic emulsion with high pH. In this review, we present the historical development of hair straightening or relaxing through the evolution of the product categories...
- Hair care and hair styles in women in Bamako, MaliSomita Keita
Department of Dermatology, Centre National d Appui à la lutte contre la Maladie CNAM Institut Marchoux, Bamako, Mali
Int J Dermatol 44:26-9. 2005
- Clinical efficacies of shampoos containing ciclopirox olamine (1.5%) and ketoconazole (2.0%) in the treatment of seborrhoeic dermatitisRavi C Ratnavel
Department of Dermatology, Stoke Mandeville NHS Trust, Aylesbury, UK
J Dermatolog Treat 18:88-96. 2007..This study compared 1.5% CPO shampoo with 2.0% ketoconazole shampoo and placebo in scalp seborrhoeic dermatitis...
- Hairdressing is associated with scalp disease in African schoolchildrenN P Khumalo
Division of Dermatology, Groote Schuur Hospital, University of Cape Town, Observatory 7925, South Africa
Br J Dermatol 157:106-10. 2007..Anecdotal reports suggest that certain disorders are common in African hair and may be associated with hairstyles...
- Clobetasol propionate shampoo 0.05% in the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp: results of a pilot studyPascal Reygagne
Galderma R and D, Sophia Antipolis, France
Cutis 79:397-403. 2007..01). Overall and local safety were good for all treatment groups. The present pilot study demonstrated that a short-contact application of clobetasol propionate shampoo is effective and safe in the treatment of SD of the scalp...
- Successful treatment of dandruff with 1.5% ciclopirox olamine shampoo in KoreaJ H Lee
Department of Dermatology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Dermatolog Treat 14:212-5. 2003..The common causative agent is now accepted to be the lipophilic yeast Malassezia furfur. Ketoconazole, a highly effective antifungal agent against M. furfur has been used for the treatment of dandruff...
- Determination of the substantivity of emollients to human hairHans Martin Haake
Cognis Deutschland GmbH and Co KG, Henkelstrasse 67, 40551 Düsseldorf, Germany
J Cosmet Sci 58:443-50. 2007..Finally, the substantivity data were compared with performance data from combability determination and hair volume measurements. Good correlations of analytical data and performance profiles have been obtained...
- Impact of hair relaxers in women in Nakuru, KenyaBeatrice Amunga Etemesi
Nakuru Provincial Hospital, Nakuru, Kenya
Int J Dermatol 46:23-5. 2007..The practice of relaxing hair is intended to straighten it, so that it is easy to manage and style, and the result is aesthetically pleasing. We studied the impact of using hair relaxers in women in Nakuru, Kenya...
- Hair loss: diagnosis and managementFabiane Mulinari-Brenner
Department of Dermatology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 70:705-6, 709-10, 712. 2003..Alopecia is usually treatable and self-limited, but it may be permanent. Careful diagnosis of the type of hair loss will aid in selecting effective treatment. Reassurance is an important component of any treatment regimen...
- Safety and efficacy of ciclopirox 1% shampoo for the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp in the US population: results of a double-blind, vehicle-controlled trialMark Lebwohl
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Int J Dermatol 43:17-20. 2004..Ciclopirox is a synthetic, hydroxypyridone-derived, broad-spectrum antifungal agent with anti-inflammatory properties...
- The relationship between levels of PCBs and pesticides in human hair and blood: preliminary resultLarisa Altshul
Department of Environmental Health, Exposure, Epidemiology and Risk Program, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Environ Health Perspect 112:1193-9. 2004..The present study provides preliminary evidence on the utility of hair analysis for POPs; however, further larger studies are recommended before hair analysis can be successfully applied in epidemiologic studies on POPs...
- Evaluation of physical properties of human hair by diffuse reflectance near-infrared spectroscopyYuta Miyamae
POLA Chemical Industries, Inc, Quality Design and Assurance R and D Department, 560 Kashio cho, Totsuka ku, Yokohama 244 0812, Japan
Appl Spectrosc 61:212-7. 2007..96 and 0.023, 0.81 and 3.27, and 0.90 and 0.36, respectively. Thus, the calibration models have high accuracy...
- White piedra in childrenDavid A Kiken
Department of Dermatology, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY 10025, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 55:956-61. 2006..Rarely has this infection been reported in the United States. Historically, infected individuals required shaving of their hair to achieve clearance of the infection...
- Determination of persistent organohalogenated pollutants in human hair reference material (BCR 397): an interlaboratory studyUdai Gill
Product Safety Laboratory, Health Canada, Ottawa, Ontario K1A0L2, Canada
Anal Bioanal Chem 380:924-9. 2004..These first results contribute to the accuracy and precision for POPs quantification in hair and render test results more comparable among different laboratories...
- Treatment and prophylaxis of seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp with antipityrosporal 1% ciclopirox shampooSam Shuster
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, Norwich, England
Arch Dermatol 141:47-52. 2005..To demonstrate the efficacy, safety, and tolerance of ciclopirox shampoo for treatment and prophylaxis of seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp...
- Clinical efficacy of a new ciclopiroxolamine/zinc pyrithione shampoo in scalp seborrheic dermatitis treatmentGerard Lorette
Hopital Trousseau, Service de Dermatologie, 37044 Tours Cedex 01, France
Eur J Dermatol 16:558-64. 2006..Only the CPO/ZP shampoo improved all DLQI questionnaire dimensions. The CPO/ZP shampoo was as rapid and efficient as ketoconazole gel in SD treatment...
- Nourkrin: objective and subjective effects and tolerability in persons with hair lossE Thom
ETC Research and Development, Oslo, Norway
J Int Med Res 34:514-9. 2006..Tolerability was good and no side-effects were reported. Nourkrin may provide an alternative to pharmacotherapy for the treatment of hair-loss problems in individuals with androgenetic alopecia...
- Analysis of structural changes in permanent waved human hair using Raman spectroscopyAkio Kuzuhara
Central Research Laboratories, Mandom Corporation, 5 12, Juniken cho, Chuo Ku, Osaka 540 8530, Japan
Biopolymers 85:274-83. 2007....
- Patch test results in patients with scalp dermatitis: analysis of data of the Information Network of Departments of DermatologyUwe Hillen
Department of Dermatology, University of Duisburg Essen, 45122 Essen, Germany
Contact Dermatitis 56:87-93. 2007..Contact dermatitis of the scalp may develop primarily due to exposure to cosmetic products or secondarily due to application of topical medicaments on affected skin...
- A study correlating between instrumental and consumers' subjective luster values in oriental hair tressesJun Man Lim
Cosmetic R and D Center, LG Household and Healthcare, Research Park 84, Jang Dong, Yusong gu, Taejon, Korea
J Cosmet Sci 57:475-85. 2006..This study shows that SAMBA has utility as an instrumental technique for hair luster evaluation and is in good agreement with consumers' subjective evaluation of luster...
- Ciclopirox shampoo for treating seborrheic dermatitisA K Gupta
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Science Centre Sunnbrook site and University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Skin Therapy Lett 9:4-5. 2004..This agent has been shown to be an effective and safe treatment for seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp...
- Rapqunzel no more. Hair loss in older womenAnn Schmidt Luggen
Northern Kentucky University, Highland Heights, USA
Adv Nurse Pract 13:28, 30, 32-4 passim. 2005
- [Occupational challenges in hairdressers with regard to FENO measurements]L Barbinova
Ordinariat und Zentralinstitut für Arbeitsmedizin ZfA, Universitat Hamburg
Pneumologie 61:119-22. 2007..In contrast to our results, by acknowledgment of an occupational disease mostly (in about 66 %) allergizing effects according to occupational disease no. 4301 are accepted...
- African hair length in a school population: a clue to disease pathogenesis?N P Khumalo
Division of Dermatology, Groote Schuur Hospital, South Africa
J Cosmet Dermatol 6:144-51. 2007..Anecdotal data suggest that combed natural African hair reaches a length steady state. Easier grooming and anticipated long hair have made relaxers popular...
- The hair strand test - a new method for testing antifungal effects of antidandruff preparationsPeter Mayser
Zentrum für Dermatologie und Andrologie der Justus Liebig Universität Giessen, Gaffkystr 14, 35385 Giessen, Germany
J Cosmet Sci 54:263-70. 2003..This allows conclusions about the efficacy of antidandruff formulations...
- Efficacy and skin tolerability of Saliker in the treatment of dandruffS Humke
Clinical and Experimental Photodermatology, Department of Dermatology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Eur J Dermatol 12:LII-LIII. 2002
- Allergic contact dermatitis from minoxidil: study of the cross-reaction to minoxidilK Suzuki
Am J Contact Dermat 13:45-6. 2002
- Cosmetics and hair lossC L Gummer
Procter and Gamble Europe Ltd, Egham, Surrey, UK
Clin Exp Dermatol 27:418-21. 2002..With a better understanding of the cosmetic practices used by everyday consumers, the clinician will be in a strong position to help patients re-grow their hair and guide them through a high quality hair care regime...
- [Pantogar--modern treatment of hair loss, structural hair lesions, early alopecia, and dystrophy of nails]E Taneva
Akush Ginekol (Sofiia) 41:37-40. 2002
- Treatment of dandruff with 5% tea tree oil shampooAndrew C Satchell
Department of Dermatology, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, NSW, Australia
J Am Acad Dermatol 47:852-5. 2002..Dandruff appears to be related to the yeast Pityrosporum ovale. Tea tree oil has antifungal properties with activity against P ovale and may be useful in the treatment of dandruff...
- Polidocanol: a potential contact allergen in shampooClaire E Grills
Department of Dermatology, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, UK
Contact Dermatitis 56:178. 2007
- Effect of ketoconazole 1% and 2% shampoos on severe dandruff and seborrhoeic dermatitis: clinical, squamometric and mycological assessmentsC Pierard-Franchimont
Department of Dermatopathology, University of Liege, Belgium
Dermatology 202:171-6. 2001..Biometrological evaluations were correlated with the clinical improvements and therefore useful to incorporate in future dandruff studies...
- 55 cases of allergic reactions to hair dye: a descriptive, consumer complaint-based studyH Søsted
The National Allergy Research Centre for Consumer Products, Department of Dermatology, University of Copenhagen, Gentofte Hospital, Denmark
Contact Dermatitis 47:299-303. 2002..The frequency of allergic contact dermatitis resulting from hair dye is likely to be underestimated. New methods to survey the frequency of adverse reactions should be considered...
- Medicated shampoos for the treatment of seborrheic dermatitisWhitney Waldroup
J Drugs Dermatol 7:699-703. 2008..The literature regarding the treatment of therapeutic shampoos is reviewed, and treatment strategies for managing seborrheic dermatitis with therapeutic shampoos are provided...
- Effect of hair care and hair cosmetics on the concentrations of fatty acid ethyl esters in hair as markers of chronically elevated alcohol consumptionSven Hartwig
Institute of Legal Medicine, Humboldt University, Hannoversche Strasse 6, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Forensic Sci Int 131:90-7. 2003..5% ethanol, with a deodorant and with a hair spray. As an explanation, it is assumed that FAEE are formed in the sebum glands also after regular topical application of products with a higher ethanol content...
- Protective effect of conditioning agents on Afro-ethnic hair chemically treated with thioglycolate-based straightening emulsionTania Cristina de Sá Dias
Department of Pharmacy, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Cosmet Dermatol 7:120-6. 2008....
- Permanent waving does not change mercury concentration in the proximal segment of hair close to scalpTakashi Ohba
Environmental Health Sciences, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 214:69-78. 2008..Therefore, mercury concentrations in the proximal segment of maternal hair collected in the right time can be a good biomarker of fetal methylmercury exposure...
- Immediate-type hypersensitivity and allergic contact dermatitis due to para-phenylenediamine in hair dyeG A E Wong
Department of Dermatology, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Prescot St, Liverpool L7 8XP, UK
Contact Dermatitis 48:166. 2003
- Efficacy of different concentrations of ciclopirox shampoo for the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp: results of a randomized, double-blind, vehicle-controlled trialPeter Altmeyer
Department of Dermatology, Ruhr University Bochum, St Josef Hospital, Bochum, Germany
Int J Dermatol 43:9-12. 2004..It is thought to be linked to dandruff via a common etiology, yeasts of the genus Malassezia. Ciclopirox is a broad-spectrum, hydroxypyridone-derived, synthetic antifungal agent with anti-inflammatory properties...
- Biosynthesis of lipid resorcinols and benzoquinones in isolated secretory plant root hairsFranck E Dayan
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Natural Products Utilization Research Unit, PO Box 8048, University, MS 38677, USA
J Exp Bot 58:3263-72. 2007..involved in the biosynthesis of lipid resorcinols and benzoquinones was measured directly in isolated root hair preparations obtained from 6-d-old roots...
- Detection of doxepin and its major metabolite desmethyldoxepin in hair following drug therapyA Negrusz
Department of Pharmaceutics and Pharmacodynamics, College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60612, USA
J Anal Toxicol 22:531-6. 1998..25 ng/mg of hair. In addition, the replicate analysis of control hair preparations was performed at two levels (2 ng/mg and 15 ng/mg) to determine intra- and interday variability...
- G-protein activation, identification and immunolocalization in pheromone-sensitive sensilla trichodea of mothsM Laue
Max Planck Institut für Verhaltensphysiologie, Postfach 1564, D 82305 Seewiesen, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 288:149-58. 1997..Similar G-protein was identified in sensory hair preparations of Antheraea pernyi which contained only cuticle, sensillum lymph and dendritic material...
- Hair cosmeticsNina Madnani
P D Hinduja National Hospital, Mahim, Mumbai, India
Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 79:654-67. 2013....
- Diseases that turn African hair silkyFrances O A Ajose
Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Lagos, Nigeria
Int J Dermatol 51:12-6, 14-9. 2012..In malnourished and hypoproteinemic states, African hair straightens in an uncomplimentary manner. Recently, we observed that in certain diseases African hair changes to a desirable silky wavy texture...
- Evaluation of hair humidity resistance/moisturization from hair elasticityTimothy Gao
Croda Inc, 300 A Columbus Circle, Edison, NJ 08837, USA
J Cosmet Sci 58:393-404. 2007..It was found PQ-70 shampoo showed the highest H(2)RF value and the best anti-frizz performance among these tested shampoos. The results were consistent with those obtained from Image Analysis...
- Dandruff/seborrhoeic dermatitis is characterized by an inflammatory genomic signature and possible immune dysfunction: transcriptional analysis of the condition and treatment effects of zinc pyrithioneK J Mills
The Procter and Gamble Company, Miami Valley Innovation Center, 11810 East Miami River Road, Cincinnati, OH 45252, USA
Br J Dermatol 166:33-40. 2012..Dandruff/seborrhoeic dermatitis is a common scalp condition that is characterized by flakes, pruritus and sometimes mild erythema. These symptoms reflect tissue level events that are poorly understood at the molecular level...
- Keratin-based peptide: biological evaluation and strengthening properties on relaxed hairM M Fernandes
Department of Textile Engineering, University of Minho, Campus of Azurem, Guimaraes, Portugal
Int J Cosmet Sci 34:338-46. 2012..Moreover, OF inhibited cell growth and was considered genotoxic at first contact with cells. The peptide was therefore considered a promising strengthening agent for hair and was shown to be innocuous when applied in WF...
- Exposure to toxic agents alters organic elemental composition in human fingernailsElke Schumacher
Institute of Anthropology, Department of Biology, Johannes Gutenberg University, 55128 Mainz, Germany
Sci Total Environ 407:2151-7. 2009..The organic elements sulfur and nitrogen occur almost exclusively in amino acids of the nail plate. This study analyzed whether occupational exposure to harmful chemical agents alters the organic elemental composition in fingernails...
- Characterization of hair styling formulations targeted to specific multicultural needsAndrea C Keenan
The Dow Chemical Company, 727 Norristown Rd, Spring House PA 19477, USA
J Cosmet Sci 62:149-60. 2011..Styling products ranging from alcoholic sprays, leave on styling creams or gels and styling curl activators offer performance attributes that can be utilized on a variety of hair types such as Asian, African, Caucasian and Brazilian...
- Scalp discoloration from selenium sulfide shampoo: a case series and review of the literatureKenneth Gilbertson
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Dermatology, Washington University School of Medicine and St Louis Children s Hospital, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 29:84-8. 2012..Lightly swabbing with isopropyl alcohol facilitated removal of the discoloration. This simple technique serves as a painless diagnostic method, which may prevent unnecessary evaluation with a biopsy...
- Behenamidopropyl Dimethylamine: unique behaviour in solution and in hair care formulationsM Minguet
Kao Chemicals Europe, Puig dels Tudons 10, 08210 Barberà del Vallès, Spain
Int J Cosmet Sci 32:246-57. 2010....
- Determination of hydroxylated metabolites of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in human hair by gas chromatography-negative chemical ionization mass spectrometryClaude Schummer
Laboratoire de Toxicologie, CRP Sante, Université du Luxembourg, Campus Limpertsberg, 1511 Luxembourg, Luxembourg
J Chromatogr A 1216:6012-9. 2009..According to the easiness of hair sampling and based on the extended detection windows provided by hair analysis, this method is proposed as a new promising tool for the assessment of human chronic exposure to PAHs...
- A multicenter randomized trial of ketoconazole 2% and zinc pyrithione 1% shampoos in severe dandruff and seborrheic dermatitisClaudine Pierard-Franchimont
Department of Dermatopathology, University Medical Center Sart Tilman, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
Skin Pharmacol Appl Skin Physiol 15:434-41. 2002..It is our assumption that this difference is noticeable for the patient and as a consequence relevant. Both formulations were well tolerated...
- Single blind, randomised, comparative study of the Bug Buster kit and over the counter pediculicide treatments against head lice in the United KingdomN Hill
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London WC1E 7HT
BMJ 331:384-7. 2005..To compare the effectiveness of the Bug Buster kit with a single treatment of over the counter pediculicides for eliminating head lice...
- Synergistic effects of high molecular weight polyethylene oxide (PEO) and cationic cellulosic polymers on conditioning properties of hair care products [corrected]Wing Li
Amerchol Corporation, A Subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company
J Cosmet Sci 55:123-4. 2004..Surface analysis also showed that the presence of PEO in formulations containing cationic HEC deposited insoluble actives more evenly on the hair surface...
- Incidence of asthma in female Swedish hairdressersM Albin
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Lund University Hospital, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Occup Environ Med 59:119-23. 2002..To investigate the risk of asthma in hairdressers...
- Treatment with bifonazole shampoo for scalp seborrhea in infants and young childrenA Zeharia
Pediatric Emergency Medicine and Day Care Department, Schneider Children's Medical Center of Israel, Beilinson Medical Campus, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Pediatr Dermatol 13:151-3. 1996..No serious side effects were observed. We conclude that bifonazole 1% shampoo is an effective and safe treatment for lesions of scalp seborrheic dermatitis in infants and young children...
- Pomade crust on the scalp mimicking recurrent basal cell carcinomaF G Bechara
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany
Dermatol Nurs 15:426-7. 2003
- Infestation status of head louse and treatment with lindane shampoo in children of primary school and kindergarten in Chinju-shi, Kyongsangnam-do, KoreaY C Ha
Chinju Association of Public Health Doctors, Korea
Korean J Parasitol 38:41-3. 2000..The negative conversion rate of pediculosis was 93.5%. Effective control measures are needed to control and prevent such ectoparasite infestation amongst children...
- Determination of dye precursors in hair coloring products by liquid chromatography with electrochemical detectionMotoko Narita
Tokyo Kasei University, Faculty of Domestic Science, 1 18 1, Kaga, Itabashi, Tokyo 178 8602, Japan
Anal Chim Acta 588:316-20. 2007..The present method minimizes troublesome and time-consuming pretreatment procedures and it was applied to the determination of aminophenols, resorcinol and phenylenediamine in hair coloring formulations...
- Male pattern androgenetic alopecia in an Indian context: a perspective studyV N Sehgal
Skin Institute and School of Dermatology, Greater Kailash, New Delhi, India
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 21:473-9. 2007..Hence, the present study was an attempt to classify AGA in males with the aim of producing a simple, effective and easily reproducible classification...
- Hen egg hair mask-induced food allergy: a case reportL Antonicelli
Department of Internal Medicine, Immuno Allergic and Respiratory Disease, Ospedali Riuniti Ancona, Italy
Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 43:127-8. 2011..Though the breakdown of oral tolerance to egg has been reported elsewhere in the literature, to the best of our knowledge, this is the first case of hair mask-induced allergy...
- Potassium bromate causes cell lysis and induces oxidative stress in human erythrocytesMir Kaisar Ahmad
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Life Sciences, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh 202002, UP, India
Environ Toxicol 29:138-45. 2014..These results show that KBrO3 induces oxidative stress in human erythrocytes through the generation of reactive oxygen species and alters the cellular antioxidant defense system...
- Positive EtG findings in hair as a result of a cosmetic treatmentFrank Sporkert
University Centre of Legal Medicine Lausanne Geneva, Rue du Bugnon 21, CH 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Forensic Sci Int 218:97-100. 2012..The analysis of body hair can help to reveal problems occurring from cosmetic treatment of head hair. As a consequence, the assessment of drinking behavior should be based on more than one diagnostic parameter...
- Neem seed extract shampoo, Wash Away Louse, an effective plant agent against Sarcoptes scabiei mites infesting dogs in EgyptFathy Abdel-Ghaffar
Zoology Department, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Parasitol Res 104:145-8. 2008..No remarkable signs of side effects or adverse reactions were observed throughout the study...
- [How I treat dandruff]C Pierard-Franchimont
Unilab Lg, Service de Dermatopathologie, CHU de Liege
Rev Med Liege 68:436-9. 2013....
- Sensitive skin products: 2003Andrew J Scheman
Department of Dermatology, Northwestern University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
Skinmed 2:374-5. 2003
- Prevalence of possible occupational asthma in hairdressers working in hair salons for womenM Espuga
Servicio de Neumologia, Hospital Universitario Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 155:379-88. 2011..The aim of this study was to determine the prevalence of possible occupational asthma (OA) in hairdressers...
- Consumer allergy to oxidative hair coloring products: epidemiologic data in the literatureMaya Krasteva
L OREAL Research and Development, Asnières, France
Dermatitis 20:123-41. 2009..Data from studies in Asia are difficult to interpret. Pooled prevalence rates of positive patch-test reactions to PPD were calculated for the three continents...
- Effect of mineral oil, sunflower oil, and coconut oil on prevention of hair damageAarti S Rele
Research and Development Department, Nature Care Division, Marico Industries Ltd, Mumbai, India
J Cosmet Sci 54:175-92. 2003....
- Clobetasol propionate shampoo 0.05% is efficacious and safe for long-term control of scalp psoriasisYves Poulin
Centre de Recherche Dermatologique du Québec Metropolitain, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Cutis 85:43-50. 2010..Clobetasol propionate shampoo is efficacious and safe for acute management and long-term maintenance of moderate to severe scalp psoriasis...
- Sound velocity and attenuation in bubbly gels measured by transmission experimentsValentin Leroy
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2N2, Canada
J Acoust Soc Am 123:1931-40. 2008..Beyond this concentration, the effects of high-order multiple scattering were observed. These results support the feasability of ultrasonic techniques to investigate the size distribution of bubbles in a weak gel or liquid...
- Risk of cancer among hairdressers and related workers: a meta-analysisBahi Takkouche
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Int J Epidemiol 38:1512-31. 2009....
- Traction folliculitis: an underreported entityGary N Fox
Medical University of Ohio, Toledo, USA
Cutis 79:26-30. 2007....
- "Bubble hair," a report of two casesDarius R Mehregan
Pinkus Dermatopathology Laboratory, 1314 North Macomb Street, PO Box 360, Monroe, Michigan 48161, USA
Int J Dermatol 45:1319-20. 2006
- Risk of hand dermatitis among hairdressers versus office workersW Uter
University of Osnabruck, Department of Dermatology, Environmental Medicine and Health Theory, Germany
Scand J Work Environ Health 25:450-6. 1999..The risk of irritant skin damage associated with hairdressing was estimated with the individual occupational exposure and other relevant factors having been taken into consideration...
- Percutaneous penetration of diethanolamine through human skin in vitro: application from cosmetic vehiclesK R Brain
An eX Analytical Services Ltd, Redwood Building, Cardiff CF10 3XF, UK
Food Chem Toxicol 43:681-90. 2005..These data provide a basis for the estimation of the potential systemic exposure and safety margins for DEA in representative cosmetic formulations...
- Isolated late asthmatic reaction after exposure to ammonium persulfate in a hairdresserVolker Harth
Research Institute for Occupational Medicine of the Berufsgenossenschaften, Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany
Contact Dermatitis 54:62-3. 2006
- Demodex mites as a cause of human diseaseDirk M Elston
Cutis 76:294-6. 2005
- A novel preparation method for silicone oil nanoemulsions and its application for coating hair with siliconeZhenhua Hu
Department of Neurology, Xinhua Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, People s Republic of China School of Pharmacy, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Int J Nanomedicine 7:5719-24. 2012..However, it is difficult for silicone oil to directly absorb on the hair surface because of its hydrophobicity. Stable nanoemulsions containing silicone oil may present as a potential solution to this problem...
- A review of allergens found in current hair-care productsR P Katugampola
Department of Dermatology, Singleton Hospital, Sketty, Swansea SA2 8QA, UK
Contact Dermatitis 53:234-5. 2005
- Prevention effects of lipid-related materials on human hair damage progressHiroto Tanamachi
Kao Corporation, Sumida, Tokyo, Japan 131 8501
J Cosmet Sci 55:S171-3. 2004
- Assessment of the antidandruff activity of a new shampoo: a randomized, double-blind, controlled study by clinical and instrumental evaluationsAdele Sparavigna
Clinical Research and Bioengineering Institute, Monza, Italy
Skinmed 11:85-91. 2013..The test shampoo proved to be safe, well tolerated, and accepted by the patients for cosmetic acceptability and efficacy. The study confirmed the antidandruff efficacy of the test shampoo and its superiority vs the comparative shampoo...
- Therapeutic efficacy of anti-dandruff shampoos: a randomized clinical trial comparing products based on potentiated zinc pyrithione and zinc pyrithione/climbazoleJ R Schwartz
The Procter and Gamble Company, 11511 Reed Hartman Hwy, Cincinnati, OH 45241, U S A
Int J Cosmet Sci 35:381-7. 2013..Our aim is to compare the therapeutic efficacy of these two approaches - maximization of bio-availability of the zinc pyrithione (ZPT) active material or the combination of ZPT with a secondary active material...
- A statistical analysis of hair breakage. II. Repeated grooming experimentsTrefor A Evans
TRI Princeton, 601 Prospect Avenue, Princeton, NJ 08540, USA
J Cosmet Sci 61:439-55. 2010..These principles have been demonstrated using experiments that compare breakage in virgin and chemically damaged hair, while also showing how conditioning treatments provide considerable retardation...
- Multilayered silicone oil droplets of narrow size distribution: preparation and improved deposition on hairHabiba Nazir
National Key Laboratory of Biochemical Engineering, Institute of Process Engineering, Zhongguancun, Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, PR China
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 100:42-9. 2012..Therefore, LBL surface modification combined with membrane emulsification is a promising method for preparing multilayered silicone oil droplets of increased mechanical strength, viscosity and deposition on hair...
- Toxicity of surfactants to green microalgae Pseudokirchneriella subcapitata and Scenedesmus subspicatus and to marine diatoms Phaeodactylum tricornutum and Skeletonema costatumZelimira Pavlić
Department of Ecology, Institute of Public Health, Mirogojska c 16, HR 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Chemosphere 61:1061-8. 2005..Some of them indicated that they have a very toxic effect on Scenedesmus subspicatus and marine diatoms Skeletonema costatum and Phaeodactylum tricornutum...
- Surfactants, polymers and their nanoparticles for personal care applicationsP Somasundaran
NSF Industry University Cooperative Research Center for Advanced Studies in Novel Surfactants, Langmuir Center for Colloids and Interface, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
J Cosmet Sci 55:S1-17. 2004..Binding and release processes were investigated using surface plasmon resonance and fluorescence spectroscopies, powerful techniques for monitoring short term and long term changes...
- Enhanced delivery of an anti-dandruff active in a shampoo vehicleArt Georgalas
New Paradigm Technologies of TRI K Industries, Inc, 151 Veterans Drive, Northvale, NJ 07647 0128, USA
J Cosmet Sci 55:S207-14. 2004..5%) in the base only. A proposed mechanism postulates the formation of liposome-like association structures that solubilize and entrap the Octopirox and deposit is substantively to the scalp for enhanced longer lasting activity...