Summary: Substances that cause the adherence of two surfaces. They include glues (properly collagen-derived adhesives), mucilages, sticky pastes, gums, resins, or latex.
Publications224 found, 100 shown here
- Gecko-inspired surfaces: a path to strong and reversible dry adhesivesLuciano F Boesel
Max Planck Institut fur Polymerforschung, 55128 Mainz, Germany
Adv Mater 22:2125-37. 2010..These structures show a high potential of application, providing the remaining issues of robustness, reliability, and large-area manufacture can be solved...
- Designing hydrogel adhesives for corneal wound repairMark W Grinstaff
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Metcalf Center for Science and Engineering, Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Biomaterials 28:5205-14. 2007..We are designing and evaluating corneal adhesives prepared from dendrimers--single molecular weight and highly branched polymers...
- Air classifier technology (ACT) in dry powder inhalation. Part 1. Introduction of a novel force distribution concept (FDC) explaining the performance of a basic air classifier on adhesive mixturesA H de Boer
Groningen University Institute for Drug Exploration GUIDE, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmacy, Ant Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Int J Pharm 260:187-200. 2003....
- The Arabidopsis MUM2 gene encodes a beta-galactosidase required for the production of seed coat mucilage with correct hydration propertiesGillian H Dean
Department of Botany, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada V6T 1Z4
Plant Cell 19:4007-21. 2007..We propose that MUM2 is involved in modifying mucilage to allow it to expand upon hydration, establishing a link between the galactosyl side-chain structure of pectin and its physical properties...
- From the Cover: Implications for complex cognition from the hafting of tools with compound adhesives in the Middle Stone Age, South AfricaLyn Wadley
Institute for Human Evolution and School of Geography, Archaeology, and Environmental Studies, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg PO Wits 2050, South Africa
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:9590-4. 2009Compound adhesives made from red ochre mixed with plant gum were used in the Middle Stone Age (MSA), South Africa...
- Effect of air-drying time of single-application self-etch adhesives on dentin bond strengthYasushi Chiba
Nihon University Graduate School of Dentistry, Department of Operative Dentistry, Tokyo, Japan
Oper Dent 31:233-9. 2006This study examined the effect of air-drying time of adhesives on the dentin bond strength of several single-application self-etch adhesive systems...
- Cell attachment and response to photocured, degradable bone adhesives containing tricalcium phosphate and purmorphamineKris Gellynck
Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering, UCL Eastman Dental Institute, 256 Gray s Inn Road, London WC1X 8LD, UK
Acta Biomater 7:2672-7. 2011..This suggests drug release levels were very low. Purmorphamine and β-TCP incorporation in PPLM adhesives might, therefore, provide prolonged enhancement of in vivo bone repair without systemic drug side-effects.
- Bond strength of self-etching adhesives to dental hard tissuesChristoph Kaaden
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Dental Branch, Houston Biomaterials Research Center, USA
Clin Oral Investig 6:155-60. 2002..The objective of this study was to measure the bond strength of self-etching adhesives to enamel and superficial and deep dentin...
- Contact compliance effects in the frictional response of bioinspired fibrillar adhesivesMarco Piccardo
Laboratoire de Sciences et Ingéniérie de la Matière Molle SIMM, UMR CNRS 7615, Ecole Supérieure de Physique et Chimie Industrielles ESPCI, Paris, France
J R Soc Interface 10:20130182. 2013The shear failure and friction mechanisms of bioinspired adhesives consisting of elastomer arrays of microfibres terminated by mushroom-shaped tips are investigated in contact with a rigid lens...
- A critical evaluation of the relevant parameters for drug redispersion from adhesive mixtures during inhalationA H de Boer
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmacy, Groningen University Institute for Drug Exploration GUIDE, Ant Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Int J Pharm 294:173-84. 2005..For de-agglomeration principles generating frictional, drag or lift forces, carrier surface depressions and projections are disadvantageous however, as they also provide shelter from these removal forces...
- Design and fabrication of gecko-inspired adhesivesKejia Jin
Department of Chemical and Bimolecular Engineering, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana 70118, United States
Langmuir 28:5737-42. 2012Recently, there has been significant interest in developing dry adhesives mimicking the gecko adhesive system, which offers several advantages compared to conventional pressure-sensitive adhesives...
- Dental adhesives of the futureFranklin R Tay
Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Adhes Dent 4:91-103. 2002The current trend in the development of dentin adhesives attempts to simplify bonding steps and make them more user-friendly...
- Enamel loss during bonding, debonding, and cleanup with use of a self-etching primerIngrid Hosein
Department of Child Dental Health, Bristol Dental School, Bristol, United Kingdom
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 126:717-24. 2004..In both the conventional and self-etch groups, most enamel loss occurred after the use of the high-speed tungsten carbide bur or the ultrasonic scaler and least with the slow-speed tungsten carbide bur or the debanding pliers...
- Mucoadhesive thiolated chitosans as platforms for oral controlled drug delivery: synthesis and in vitro evaluationMarta Roldo
Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmaceutics, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 57:115-21. 2004..These results contribute to the development of new delivery systems exhibiting improved mucoadhesive properties...
- Flowable composites as "filled adhesives:" a microleakage studyLuis Guilherme Sensi
Department of Operative Dentistry, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, Brazil
J Contemp Dent Pract 5:32-41. 2004..The purpose of this in vitro study was to investigate the microleakage at dentin margins of a flowable resin composite associated with an adhesive, either light cured separately or co-cured, in Class V cavities...
- Arachnids secrete a fluid over their adhesive padsAnne M Peattie
Department of Zoology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e20485. 2011..Spider and gecko adhesives have converged on a branched, hairy structure, which theoretically allows them to adhere solely by dry (solid-..
- Laboratory evaluation of a compomer and a resin-modified glass ionomer cement for orthodontic bondingD T Millett
Orthodontic Unit, Glasgow Dental Hospital and School, UK
Angle Orthod 69:58-63; discussion 64. 1999..following debonding of brackets cemented with resin-modified or conventional glass ionomers compared with other adhesives. The median survival time for brackets cemented with the compomer, resin-modified glass ionomer, chemically ..
- In vivo qualitative analysis of the biocompatibility of different cyanoacrylate-based adhesivesRafael Tobias Moretti Neto
Department of Clinics and Surgery, School of Dentistry, Federal University of AlfenasPasso Fundo, RS, Brazil
Braz Oral Res 22:43-7. 2008..The biocompatibility of these adhesives has been the topic of many researches and subcutaneous implantation is an effective methodology for these ..
- An in vitro comparative assessment of different enamel contaminants during bracket bondingAndreas Faltermeier
Department of Orthodontics, University Clinics, Regensburg, Germany
Eur J Orthod 29:559-63. 2007..Under dry conditions hydrophilic or hydrophobic primers could be applied. Blood contamination seems to be a more serious problem for bond strength than saliva or etching gel contamination...
- Bond strength of composite to dentin using conventional, one-step, and self-etching adhesive systemsS Bouillaguet
Department of Cariology, Endodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, University of Geneva, 19 Rue Barthélemy Menn 1205, Geneva, Switzerland
J Dent 29:55-61. 2001..This in vitro study compared the dentin bonding performance of eight adhesive systems using a microtensile bond strength test...
- Novel rhamnogalacturonan I and arabinoxylan polysaccharides of flax seed mucilageRadnaa Naran
Department of Botany and Plant Pathology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907 2054, USA
Plant Physiol 148:132-41. 2008..To this end, modification of one polymer may be accompanied by complementary modifications of others to impart functions to heterocomposites not present in either polymer alone...
- Effect of water and saliva contamination on shear bond strength of brackets bonded with conventional, hydrophilic, and self-etching primersVittorio Cacciafesta
Department of Orthodontics, University of Pavia, Italy
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 123:633-40. 2003..No significant differences in debond locations were found among the groups bonded with the self-etching primer under the various enamel conditions...
- Self-etching adhesives increase collagenolytic activity in radicular dentinFranklin R Tay
Department of Oral Biology and Maxillofacial Pathology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912 1129, USA
J Endod 32:862-8. 2006..MMPs) release from crown dentin and their activation results in degradation of hybrid layers created by dentin adhesives. This study tested the hypothesis that instrumented intraradicular dentin possesses latent collagenolytic ..
- Adverse surface interactions between one-bottle light-cured adhesives and chemical-cured compositesA M Sanares
Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, 34 Hospital Road, SAR, Hong Kong, China
Dent Mater 17:542-56. 2001OBJECTIVES: This study examined the effect of one-bottle adhesives with different acidities on bonding to chemical-cured and light-cured resin composites. METHODS: Twenty-four non-carious human third molars were divided into eight groups...
- Bonding characteristics of self-etching adhesives to intact versus prepared enamelJorge Perdigao
Division of Operative Dentistry, Department of Restorative Sciences, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Esthet Restor Dent 15:32-41; discussion 42. 2003..This study tested the null hypothesis that the preparation of the enamel surface would not affect the enamel microtensile bond strengths of self-etching adhesive materials...
- Possible role of pectin-containing mucilage and dew in repairing embryo DNA of seeds adapted to desert conditionsZhenying Huang
Laboratory of Quantitative Vegetation Ecology, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100093, PR China
Ann Bot 101:277-83. 2008..These pellicles are secreted during early seed development and form mucilage when hydrated...
- Wet self-cleaning of superhydrophobic microfiber adhesives formed from high density polyethyleneJongho Lee
Mechatronics, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, 123 Cheomdan gwagiro, Buk Gu, Gwangju 500 712, S Korea
Langmuir 28:15372-7. 2012Biologically inspired adhesives developed for switchable and controllable adhesion often require repetitive uses in general, dirty, environments...
- Effects of blood contamination on the shear bond strengths of conventional and hydrophilic primersVittorio Cacciafesta
Department of Orthodontics, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 126:207-12. 2004..Blood contamination of enamel during the bonding procedure of conventional and hydrophilic primers significantly lowers their bond strength values and might produce a bond strength that is not clinically adequate...
- Use of Hoy's solubility parameters to predict water sorption/solubility of experimental primers and adhesivesYoshihiro Nishitani
Department of Operative Dentistry, Okayama University, Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
Eur J Oral Sci 115:81-6. 2007Self-etching primers and adhesives contain very hydrophilic acidic monomers that result in high water sorption/solubilities of their polymers. However, the chemical composition of these products varies widely...
- Effect of different adhesives combined with two resin composite cements on shear bond strength to polymeric CAD/CAM materialsNora Bähr
Department of Prosthodontics, Dental School, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Goethestrasse 70, 80336 Munich, Germany
Dent Mater J 32:492-501. 2013This study tested the impact of different adhesives and resin composite cements on shear bond strength (SBS) to polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA)- and composite-based CAD/CAM materials...
- Semisolid systems containing propolis for the treatment of periodontal disease: in vitro release kinetics, syringeability, rheological, textural, and mucoadhesive propertiesMarcos L Bruschi
Programa de Pós Graduação em Ciências Farmacêuticas, Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Zeferino Vaz, S N, CEP 14040 903, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
J Pharm Sci 96:2074-89. 2007..The data obtained in these formulations indicate a potentially useful role in the treatment of periodontitis and suggest they are worthy of clinical evaluation...
- Shear bond strength of different adhesives to Er:YAG laser-prepared dentinEsra Uzer Celik
Ege University School of Dentistry, Department of Restorative Dentistry and Endodontics, Izmir, Turkey
J Adhes Dent 8:319-25. 2006The aim of this study was to examine the influence of Er:YAG laser on the shear bond strength of three different adhesives to lased dentin.
- Bond strength durability of self-etching adhesives and resin cements to dentinCarolina de Andrade Lima Chaves
Dental School of Araraquara, Sao Paulo State University, Araraquara, SP, Brazil
J Appl Oral Sci 17:155-60. 2009....
- In-vitro fluoride release rates from 9 orthodontic bonding adhesivesVittorio Cacciafesta
Department of Orthodontics, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 132:656-62. 2007The purpose of this study was to compare the in-vitro fluoride release rates from 9 orthodontic adhesives in distilled water.
- Putting ochre to the test: replication studies of adhesives that may have been used for hafting tools in the Middle Stone AgeLyn Wadley
Archeology Department, University of the Witwatersrand, PO Wits 2050, South Africa
J Hum Evol 49:587-601. 2005..Brittle, unloaded adhesive allows a projectile head to disengage its haft and implant itself in an animal; robust adhesive keeps a spearhead safely in its shaft...
- The gripping nature of ochre: the association of ochre with Howiesons Poort adhesives and Later Stone Age mastics from South AfricaMarlize Lombard
Department of Human Sciences, Natal Museum, Private Bag 9070, Pietermaritzburg 3200, South Africa
J Hum Evol 53:406-19. 2007....
- Effect of an additional hydrophilic versus hydrophobic coat on the quality of dentinal sealing provided by two-step etch-and-rinse adhesivesSafira Marques de Andrade e Silva
Department of Restorative Dentistry and Dental Materials, Dental School of Piracicaba, University of Campinas, Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
J Appl Oral Sci 17:184-9. 2009To test the hypothesis that the quality of the dentinal sealing provided by two-step etch-and-rinse adhesives cannot be altered by the addition of an extra layer of the respective adhesive or the application of a more hydrophobic, non-..
- Effects of adhesives and permeation enhancers on the skin permeation of captoprilE S Park
College of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Korea
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 27:975-80. 2001..of captopril, monolithic adhesive matrix type patches containing 20% captopril, different pressure-sensitive adhesives, and various permeation enhancers were prepared using a labcoater...
- Mini-review: barnacle adhesives and adhesionKei Kamino
Department of Biotechnology, National Institute of Technology and Evaluation, Kisarazu, Japan
Biofouling 29:735-49. 2013..research on barnacles will enable a more comprehensive understanding of both the process of attachment and the adhesives used...
- Nanoparticle solutions as adhesives for gels and biological tissuesSéverine Rose
Physico chimie des Polymères et Milieux Dispersés UMR7615 UPMC ESPCI CNRS, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Ecole Superieure de Physique et de Chimie Industrielles, 75005 Paris, France
Nature 505:382-5. 2014b>Adhesives are made of polymers because, unlike other materials, polymers ensure good contact between surfaces by covering asperities, and retard the fracture of adhesive joints by dissipating energy under stress...
- Preparation and characterization of phenol-formaldehyde adhesives modified with enzymatic hydrolysis ligninYanqiao Jin
College of Materials Science and Engineering, Fuzhou University, 2 Xueyuan Road, Fuzhou 350108, China
Bioresour Technol 101:2046-8. 2010Phenol-formaldehyde (PF) adhesives modified with enzymatic hydrolysis lignin (EHL) were synthesized by a one-step process...
- Bond efficacy and interface morphology of self-etching adhesives to ground enamelAli I Abdalla
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Tanta, Tanta, Egypt
J Adhes Dent 12:19-25. 2010..This study compared the microshear bond strengths to ground enamel of three one-step self-etching adhesive systems, a self-etching primer system and an etch-and-rinse adhesive system...
- Cements and adhesives for all-ceramic restorationsAdriana P Manso
Department of Operative Dentistry, University of Florida, College of Dentistry, 1600 Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Dent Clin North Am 55:311-32, ix. 2011..This article addresses current knowledge of resin cementation concepts, exploring the bonding mechanisms that influence long-term clinical success of all-ceramic systems...
- Influence of orthodontic adhesives and clean-up procedures on the stain susceptibility of enamel after debondingHyun Jin Joo
Department of Dentistry, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
Angle Orthod 81:334-40. 2011..Effects of clean-up procedures on the enamel surface were also determined...
- Enhanced adhesion by gecko-inspired hierarchical fibrillar adhesivesMichael P Murphy
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213 3890, USA
ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 1:849-55. 2009..These adhesion enhancements are the result of increased surface conformation as well as increased extension during detachment...
- In vitro microtensile bond strength of four adhesives tested at the gingival and pulpal walls of Class II restorationsJohn H Purk
Departmernt of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Missouri Kansas City, 650 E 25th Street, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 137:1414-8. 2006The authors compared the microtensile bond strength of teeth restored with four adhesives at the gingival and pulpal cavity walls of Class II resin-based composite restorations.
- Textural analysis and flow rheometry of novel, bioadhesive antimicrobial oral gelsD S Jones
School of Pharmacy, Queen s University of Belfast, Medical Biology Centre, Northern Ireland, UK
Pharm Res 14:450-7. 1997..This study examined the rheological and textural characteristics (hardness, compressibilty, adhesiveness and cohesiveness) of bioadhesive oral gels containing the antimicrobial agent chlorhexidine...
- Enzyme-catalyzed hydrolysis of dentin adhesives containing a new urethane-based trimethacrylate monomerJong Gu Park
Bioengineering Research Center, School of Engineering, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66045, USA
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 91:562-71. 2009..MPE), was synthesized, characterized, and used as a comonomer in dentin adhesives. Dentin adhesives containing 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate (HEMA, 45% w/w) and 2,2-bis[4(2-hydroxy-3-..
- Determination of elastic modulus of demineralized resin-infiltrated dentin by self-etch adhesivesGenta Yasuda
Department of Operative Dentistry, Nihon University School of Dentistry, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Oral Sci 115:87-91. 2007..The specimens were immersed in single-step self-etch adhesives, then stored in distilled water and run through thermal cycles between 5 and 60 degrees C...
- Adhesive strength of marine mussel extracts on porcine skinLal Ninan
Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Biomaterials 24:4091-9. 2003..The presence of moisture seemed to have a significant effect on the performance of both adhesives, especially mussel extracts...
- Life cycle assessment of Japanese high-temperature conductive adhesivesAnders S G Andrae
Research Center for Life Cycle Assessment, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, 16 1 Onogawa, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8569, Japan
Environ Sci Technol 42:3084-9. 2008The electrically conductive adhesives (ECA) are on the verge of a breakthrough as reliable interconnection materials for electronic components...
- Dental adhesivesKarl Johan Soderholm
J Adhes Dent 10:163-4. 2008
- Analytical tools for identification of non-intentionally added substances (NIAS) coming from polyurethane adhesives in multilayer packaging materials and their migration into food simulantsJuliana S Félix
Department of Analytical Chemistry, University of Zaragoza, Spain
Anal Bioanal Chem 403:2869-82. 2012b>Adhesives used in food packaging to glue different materials can provide several substances as potential migrants, and the identification of potential migrants and migration tests are required to assess safety in the use of adhesives...
- In vitro bonding performance of all-in-one adhesives. Part I--microtensile bond strengthsJorge Perdigao
Division of Operative Dentistry, Department of Restorative Sciences, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Adhes Dent 8:367-73. 2006The objective of this project was to compare the microtensile bond strengths (microTBS) of five "all-in-one" adhesives using two 2-step adhesives as controls.
- Effect of relative humidity on bond strength of self-etching adhesives to dentinJ Finger Werner
Department of Preclinical Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, University of Cologne, Germany
J Adhes Dent 4:277-82. 2002The aim of the study was to investigate the effect of the relative humidity of the ambient air on the dentin bonding efficiency of four self-etching primer adhesives.
- Degree of conversion of two lingual retainer adhesives cured with different light sourcesSerdar Usumez
Department of Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Orthod 27:173-9. 2005The aim of this study was to evaluate the degree of conversion (DC) of two lingual retainer adhesives, Transbond Lingual Retainer (TLR) and Light Cure Retainer (LCR), cured with a fast halogen light, a plasma arc light and a light-..
- Bond strength of adhesive/composite combinations to dentin involving total- and self-etch adhesivesKarlheinz Molla
Department of Operative Dentistry, Periodontology and Pedodontics, University Hospital of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Adhes Dent 4:171-80. 2002....
- Infiltration/evaporation-induced shrinkage of demineralized dentin by solvated model adhesivesThomas D Becker
U S Army DENTAC, Fort Gordon, Georgia, USA
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 80:156-65. 2007..Wet bonding with ethanol instead of water permits infiltration of relatively hydrophobic alcohol/monomers...
- Single-bottle adhesives behave as permeable membranes after polymerization. I. In vivo evidenceF R Tay
Faculty of Dentistry, Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, University of Hong Kong, 34 Hospital Road, Hong Kong
J Dent 32:611-21. 2004This study tested the hypothesis that single-bottle total-etch adhesives are effective in reducing dentine permeability under in vivo conditions.
- Adhesion performance of new hydrolytically stable one-component self-etching enamel/dentin adhesivesUlrich Salz
Research and Development, Ivoclar Vivadent, Schaan, Liechtenstein
J Adhes Dent 12:7-10. 2010To demonstrate that hydrolytically stable methacrylamide monomers allow one-component self-etching adhesives with comparable adhesive properties and better storage stability than hitherto available methyacrylate-based adhesive ..
- A three-year clinical evaluation of two-bottle versus one-bottle dentin adhesivesTar C Aw
Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of Washington, School of Dentistry, Seattle 98195 7456, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 136:311-22. 2005The authors conducted an in vivo investigation to compare the clinical performance of two commercial one-bottle adhesives and a two-bottle adhesive for restoration of noncarious cervical lesions (NCCLs).
- Tensile bond strengths of four different dentin adhesives on irradiated and non-irradiated human dentin in vitroC R Gernhardt
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University School of Dental Medicine, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
J Oral Rehabil 28:814-20. 2001..The influence of the different dentin adhesives was significant (P=0.0001; ANOVA). Compared with Solobond Plus and Prime&Bond 2...
- Degradation patterns of different adhesives and bonding proceduresMasanori Hashimoto
Division of Pediatric Dentistry, Hokkaido University, Graduate School of Dental Medicine, Kita 13, Nishi 7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8586, Hokkaido, Japan
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 66:324-30. 2003Various types of resin adhesives and procedures are available in the clinical field, so comprehensive understanding of degradation is required for each material and bonding procedure...
- Chemical aspects of self-etching enamel-dentin adhesives: a systematic reviewNorbert Moszner
Research and Development, Ivoclar Vivadent AG, FL 9494 Schaan, Liechtenstein
Dent Mater 21:895-910. 2005..overview on the components and the polymer chemical aspects of currently used self-etching enamel-dentin primers/adhesives. In addition, the contribution of new adhesives monomers and cross-linkers exhibiting enhanced hydrolytic ..
- An evaluation on the efficacy and safety of amlexanox oral adhesive tablets in the treatment of recurrent minor aphthous ulceration in a Chinese cohort: a randomized, double-blind, vehicle-controlled, unparallel multicenter clinical trialJie Liu
Department of Oral Medicine, West China College of Stomatology, Suchuan University, Sichuan, China
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 102:475-81. 2006..The objectives of this study were to clinically determine the topical efficacy and safety of amlexanox oral adhesive tablets in the treatment of recurrent minor aphthous ulcerations (MiRAU) in a Chinese cohort...
- Bonding of maxillofacial silicone elastomers to an acrylic substrateMuhanad M Hatamleh
Biomaterials Research Group, School of Dentistry, University of Manchester, Higher Cambridge Street, Manchester, UK
Dent Mater 26:387-95. 2010..To investigate the effect of three different primers on shear and peel bond strengths between three maxillofacial silicone elastomers and an acrylic resin after 360 h of accelerated daylight-aging...
- Activation of gelatinolytic/collagenolytic activity in dentin by self-etching adhesivesYoshihiro Nishitani
Department of Operative Dentistry, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Japan
Eur J Oral Sci 114:160-6. 2006Mild acids are known to activate dentin matrix metalloproteinase (MMPs). All self-etching dental adhesives are acidic (pH 1.5-2.7) and may activate dentin MMPs...
- Micro-tensile and micro-shear bond strengths of current self-etch adhesives to enamel and dentinAyano Ishikawa
Cariology and Operative Dentistry, Department of Restorative Sciences, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8549, Japan
Am J Dent 20:161-6. 2007To evaluate the micro-tensile and micro-shear bond strengths of self-etch adhesives to enamel and dentin.
- Evaporation of solvent in one-bottle adhesivesP F Abate
Department of Dental Materials, School of Dentistry, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Dent 28:437-40. 2000To compare the evaporation of vehicles included in different single-bottle adhesives as a function of time.
- Clinical effectiveness of contemporary adhesives: a systematic review of current clinical trialsM Peumans
Leuven BIOMAT Research Cluster, Department of Conservative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Oral Pathology and Maxillo Facial Surgery, Catholic University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Dent Mater 21:864-81. 2005The purpose of this paper was to review current literature on the clinical effectiveness of contemporary adhesives when used to restore cervical non-carious class-V lesions...
- Microfluidic adhesion induced by subsurface microstructuresAbhijit Majumder
Department of Chemical Engineering and Department of Science and Technology Unit on Nanoscience, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur 208016, India
Science 318:258-61. 2007Natural adhesives in the feet of different arthropods and vertebrates show strong adhesion as well as excellent reusability...
- Adhesive retention of silicone and chlorinated polyethylene for maxillofacial prosthesesSudarat Kiat-Amnuay
Department of Restorative Dentistry and Biomaterials, The University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston and M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Tex, USA
J Prosthet Dent 99:483-8. 2008..patient's skin, especially when there is no mechanical means and the retention depends primarily on medical skin adhesives. Studies determining which medical adhesives provide the best bond strength for maxillofacial prostheses are ..
- Wet self-cleaning of biologically inspired elastomer mushroom shaped microfibrillar adhesivesSeok Kim
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Langmuir 25:7196-9. 2009..arrays possess wet self-cleaning ability using the lotus effect as biologically inspired synthetic fibrillar adhesives. In comparison with a flat surface made of the same polyurethane, the fiber array exhibited almost 100% wet self-..
- Pectin-like carbohydrates in the green alga Micrasterias characterized by cytochemical analysis and energy filtering TEMM Eder
Cell Biology Department, Plant Physiology Division, University of Salzburg, Hellbrunnerstrasse 34, A 5020 Salzburg, Austria
J Microsc 231:201-14. 2008..A PME-like enzyme could be found in Micrasterias by PME activity assays...
- Comparative evaluation of shear bond strength of two self-etching adhesives (sixth and seventh generation) on dentin of primary and permanent teeth: an in vitro studySyed M Yaseen
Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, KBH Dental College, Nashik, India
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 27:33-8. 2009The present study was undertaken to compare and evaluate shear bond strength of two self-etching adhesives (sixth and seventh generation) on dentin of primary and permanent teeth.
- Usage of denture adhesivesA J Coates
Dental School, University of Adelaide, South Australia
J Dent 28:137-40. 2000..The objectives of this study were to see what the incidence of usage of denture adhesive was by a surveyed edentulous population, to determine the degree of success of its usage and the reasons for its current use or nonuse...
- Interfacial ultramorphology of single-step adhesives: nanoleakage as a function of timeA F Reis
Division of Operative Dentistry, Department of Restorative Dentistry, Piracicaba School of Dentistry, University of Campinas Av Limeira, Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
J Oral Rehabil 34:213-21. 2007The aim of this study was to examine the effectiveness of single-step self-etching adhesives in preventing nanoleakage over a 90-day water-storage period, and analyse the ultramorphological characteristics of resin-dentin interfaces...
- MUCILAGE-MODIFIED4 encodes a putative pectin biosynthetic enzyme developmentally regulated by APETALA2, TRANSPARENT TESTA GLABRA1, and GLABRA2 in the Arabidopsis seed coatTamara L Western
Botany Department, University of British Columbia, 6270 University Boulevard, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6T 1Z4
Plant Physiol 134:296-306. 2004..Our results provide a framework for the regulation of mucilage production and secretory cell differentiation...
- Buccal bioadhesive delivery system of 5-fluorouracil: optimization and characterizationMunish Kumar Dhiman
New Drug Delivery Research Laboratory, Pharmacy Department, TIFAC Center of Relevance and Excellence in NDDS, Fatehgunj, The M S University of Baroda, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 34:761-70. 2008..The desirability function was used to optimize the response variables, and the observed responses were in agreement with the experimental values...
- Underwater adhesive of marine organisms as the vital link between biological science and material scienceKei Kamino
Marine Biotechnology Institute, Kamaishi, Iwate 026 0001, Japan
Mar Biotechnol (NY) 10:111-21. 2008..The combination of valuable and practical natural design of biotic adhesives as biomolecular materials, together with continuing efforts towards mimetic design, hold the promise of ..
- A microleakage study of single-bottle adhesives applied to enamel and cementum and aged by both occlusal loading and thermocyclingAriel Ben-Amar
Department of Oral Rehabilitation, The Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Quintessence Int 36:177-82. 2005..To compare enamel and dentin microleakage of three single-bottle dentin-bonding agents (DBA) (One-Step, Single Bond, and Dentamed P&B) on teeth that were then subjected to thermocycling and occlusal loading...
- A legged anchoring mechanism for capsule endoscopes using micropatterned adhesivesPaul Glass
Biomedical Engineering Department and NanoRobotics Laboratory, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 55:2759-67. 2008..The mechanism consists of three actuated legs with compliant feet lined with micropillar adhesives to be pressed into the intestine wall to anchor the device at a fixed location...
- Protein-based underwater adhesives and the prospects for their biotechnological productionRussell J Stewart
Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 89:27-33. 2011Biotechnological approaches to practical production of biological protein-based adhesives have had limited success over the last several decades...
- The role of metals in molluscan adhesive gelsS W Werneke
Department of Biology, Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY 14850, USA
J Exp Biol 210:2137-45. 2007..Thus, the glue contains transition metals and these metals play an essential role in glue function...
- Dentin adhesives for the twenty-first centuryK F Leinfelder
Department of Operative Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Dent Clin North Am 45:1-6. 2001..Improvements however, will undoubtedly occur in the manner in which the materials are used clinically. Such achievements are necessary to standardize performance as well as to eliminate postoperative sensitivity...
- Ultramorphological analysis of resin-dentin interfaces produced with water-based single-step and two-step adhesives: nanoleakage expressionAndre F Reis
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Division of Operative Dentistry, Piracicaba School of Dentistry, University of Campinas, Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 71:90-8. 2004This study evaluated the nanoleakage patterns in bonded interfaces using two single-step, self-etching adhesives (Adper Prompt-AD, and One-up Bond F-OB), two two-step, self-etching primers (Clearfil SE Bond-CF, and Unifil Bond-UB), and ..
- Degree of conversion and permeability of dental adhesivesMilena Cadenaro
Department of Dental Sciences, Biomaterials and Bioimplants, University of Trieste, Trieste, Italy
Eur J Oral Sci 113:525-30. 2005..Polymerization kinetic curves of the adhesives tested were obtained with differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and data were correlated with microhardness...
- Effects of saliva contamination on dentin bond strength using all-in-one adhesivesVanthana Sattabanasuk
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Srinakharinwirot University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Adhes Dent 8:311-8. 2006To evaluate the effects of saliva contamination on microtensile bond strengths of all-in-one adhesives to dentin.
- Polymerization kinetics of dental adhesives cured with LED: correlation between extent of conversion and permeabilityLorenzo Breschi
Department of Biomedicine, Unit of Dental Sciences and Biomaterials, University of Trieste, Via Stuparich 1, I 34129 Trieste, Italy
Dent Mater 23:1066-72. 2007..The aim of this study was to analyze the polymerization kinetics of different adhesive films in relation to their permeability after exposure to different LED curing units...
- Evaluation of compatibility between different types of adhesives and dual-cured resin cementEduardo B Franco
Department of Operative Dentistry, Endodontics and Dental Materials, Bauru Dental School, University of Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Adhes Dent 4:271-5. 2002The objective of this in vitro study was to evaluate the bonding compatibility between different adhesives and a dual-cured resin cement, using a conventional tensile bond test.
- Effect of smear layer thickness on bond strength mediated by three all-in-one self-etching priming adhesivesChihiro Tani
Department of Operative Dentistry, Showa University, School of Dentistry, Tokyo, Japan
J Adhes Dent 4:283-9. 2002The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of dentin smear-layer thickness on the bond strength of three all-in-one adhesives of different acidity.
- Ocular surface sealants and adhesivesSubir Singh Bhatia
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Ocul Surf 4:146-54. 2006Tissue adhesives, both synthetic and biologic, have a long history of use in ophthalmology. Cyanoacrylate-based glues have traditionally been the most widely used glues for various purposes...
- Shear bond strengths of saliva contaminated 'one-bottle' adhesivesB Taskonak
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Marmara, Istanbul, Turkey
J Oral Rehabil 29:559-64. 2002..05). No statistically significant differences were found between the shear bond strengths of tested adhesives.
- The influence of halide-mediated oxidation on algae-born adhesivesRonit Bitton
Inter Departmental Program for Biotechnology, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Israel
Macromol Biosci 7:1280-9. 2007Adhesive materials extracted from the brown algae Fucus Serratus were studied. These adhesives are composed of cross-linked alginate and polyphenols oxidized in the presence of KI or KBr...
- Comparison of VOC and ammonia emissions from individual PVC materials, adhesives and from complete structuresH Järnström
VTT, PO Box 1000, FIN 02044 VTT, Finland
Environ Int 34:420-7. 2008Emission rates of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and ammonia measured from six PVC materials and four adhesives in the laboratory were compared to the emission rates measured on site from complete structures...
- Microtensile bond strength of self-etching adhesives to ground and unground enamelGabriela Ibarra
Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of Washington, Seattle USA
J Adhes Dent 4:115-24. 2002..The purpose of this study was to assess the bond strength of two self-etching primers (SEP) to ground and unground enamel...
- Single-step, self-etch adhesives behave as permeable membranes after polymerization. Part II. Silver tracer penetration evidenceFranklin R Tay
Department of Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Hong Kong, Prince Philip Dental Hospital, 34 Hospital Road, Hong Kong SAR, China
Am J Dent 17:315-22. 2004To investigate the existence of potential water-filled channels in resin-dentin interfaces of some single-step, self-etch adhesives.
- VOC- and SVOC-emissions from adhesives, floor coverings and complete floor structuresOlaf Wilke
Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing, Berlin, Germany
Indoor Air 14:98-107. 2004..For two adhesives the formation of secondary emissions (aldehydes and organic acids) was observed starting after the standard ..
- The glue protein of ribbed mussels (Geukensia demissa): a natural adhesive with some features of collagenJ H Waite
Marine Biology Biochemistry Program, College of Marine Studies, University of Delaware, Lewes 19958
J Comp Physiol B 159:517-25. 1989..Unlike typical collagens, Gly probably occurs only at every 4th or 5th residue in this unusual mussel protein...
- Two-year clinical evaluation of self-etching adhesives in posterior restorationsJorge Perdigao
University of Minnesota, Division of Operative Dentistry, Department of Restorative Sciences, 8 450 Moos Tower, 515 SE Delaware St, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Adhes Dent 11:149-59. 2009To evaluate the 2-year clinical performance of three self-etching adhesives and one etch-and-rinse adhesive (control) in posterior composite restorations.
- Characterization of the adhesive from cuvierian tubules of the sea cucumber Holothuria forskali (Echinodermata, Holothuroidea)Sonia DeMoor
Marine Biology Laboratory, University of Mons Hainaut, 6 Avenue du Champ de Mars, B 7000 Mons, Belgium
Mar Biotechnol (NY) 5:45-57. 2003..The adhesive from the Cuvierian tubules of H. forskali shares these characteristics with many marine bioadhesives and structural biomaterials...
- Clinical Development of Hemostatic Agent ClotFoam for Severe HemorrhageMaja Nowakowski; Fiscal Year: 2013..The vast majority of these deaths occur before the injured can be transported to a treatment facility. Tissue adhesives and sealants have been developed to control bleeding;but, since all existing haemostatic agents for abdominal ..
- ABSORPTION, DISTRIBUTION, METABOLISM, AND EXCRETION (ADME) IN MAMMALSJacob McDonald; Fiscal Year: 2013..amine catalyst used in the production of flexible foam, high-resilient molded foam, and in coatings and adhesives. DMDEE is also used as a catalyst in polyurethane insulating foams released under pressure or from pressurized ..
- Neural Actions of TolueneJohn J Woodward; Fiscal Year: 2013..these compounds are legal and are found in a wide variety of household and commercial products including glues, adhesives and paint thinners...
- New composite material design based on studies of tooth-composite and microbial iJ Paul Santerre; Fiscal Year: 2013..Objective: To measure hydrolytic mediated degradation of resin-composites and adhesives by bacteria...
- Non-invasive neonatal respiration monitorROSE MARIE VISCARDI; Fiscal Year: 2013..sensitivity at low O2 due to consumption of O2 by the Clark electrode;(3) potential membrane failure;(4) use of adhesives to maintain direct skin contact;(5) possible burns from raising skin temperature to 43[unreadable]C;(6) time-..
- Synthesis and properties of a bacterial bioadhesiveYves V Brun; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, polysaccharides hold strong promise as biological adhesives in many areas of human activity, including as dental and surgical adhesives...
- Intracavitary Hemostatic Agent for Non-compressible HemorrhageMartin Bluth; Fiscal Year: 2007..Early and effective hemorrhage control can save more lives than any other measure. Tissue adhesives and sealants have been developed to control bleeding; but, currently, all existing haemostatic agents for ..
- Tear-Resistant and Elastic Tissue Adhesive for Craniofacial ApplicationsSILVIA D LUEBBEN; Fiscal Year: 2012..Unfortunately, because of their limited tensile and tear strengths these adhesives cannot be used to repair deep dermal cuts or to close wounds that are under tensions unless sutures and/or ..
- Novel Antibacterial Fluoride-releasing Dental MaterialsXiaoming Xu; Fiscal Year: 2012..fillers and bioactive fillers to overcome the multiple problems associated with current composites, adhesives and sealants that limit their caries-inhibition efficacy and restoration longevity...
- Proton Sponge Adhesives, Interfacial Milieu: Molecular Structure-MechanicsPaulette Spencer; Fiscal Year: 2013..impact of the biofilm at the gingival margin could be reduced by engineering novel anti-cariogenic dentin adhesives. We propose a twofold strategy to develop adhesives that (i) limit attachment of the glycoprotein, gp340, that ..
- Development of a High Performance Bioprocess for Eliminating 1,4-Dioxane in WaterJoseph Salanitro; Fiscal Year: 2012..in pesticides and fumigants, (4), purifying agent in pharmaceuticals, and (5) solvent in resins, oils, plastics, adhesives, waxes, and cement...
- Mussel-inspired self-healing hydrogels for vascular tissue repairDOMINIC EDWARD FULLENKAMP; Fiscal Year: 2012..glycol-based hydrogels, which have been investigated for many medical applications, including tissue adhesives, cellular scaffolds, and drug-delivery systems...
- Bone Regeneration Via Silk BiomaterialsDavid L Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2010..the combined delivery of BMP-2 and VEGF in the 3D protein matrices, and to incorporate bioengineered peptide adhesives to promote interactions with adjacent parent bone...
- Bioadhesive Membrane Construct for Hernia RepairNEIL WINTERBOTTOM; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this proposal, biomimetic synthetic adhesives will be combined with a natural scaffold to create a novel bioadhesive prosthetic...
- Sutureless Resorbable Anti-Adhesion FilmsMICHAEL J DANILICH; Fiscal Year: 2010..of adhesions after laparotomy and laparoscopy, but the material can be adapted easily to create a family of adhesives or sealants with properties that can be customized for various applications including hemostatic agents, wound ..
- Repair of iatrogenic fetal membrane defects with an adhesive tissue scaffoldRussell J Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2013..As such, they have several ideal properties as the foundation of adhesives that can be applied to wet, even completely submerged substrates, such as tissues in the fluid-filled amniotic ..
- Biologically Inspired Polymer AdhesivesPhillip B Messersmith; Fiscal Year: 2013..form extremely tenacious bonds to solid objects, an accomplishment which is not often matched by synthetic adhesives. Because of these properties as well as many similarities between the marine and physiologic environment, there ..
- Biomimetic remineralization of resin-dentin bondsFRANKLIN CHI MENG TAY; Fiscal Year: 2010Bonds created to-date by dentin adhesives are imperfect. Current methods of preventing bond degradation invariably leave a zone of resin-sparse, demineralized dentin which is susceptible to creep during function...
- Rapid Integration of Articular Cartilage Implants Using Photochemical BondingMARC ELLIOT LEVENSTON; Fiscal Year: 2013..integration is a crucial factor leading to graft complications and failure, approaches including suturing, adhesives, and photothermal tissue welding have been explored to enhance graft integration...
- APPLICATION OF CLICK CHEMISTRY IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF NOVEL DENTAL ADHESIVESYong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..The inability of the current state-of-the-art dental adhesives to form a tight adhesive/dentin (a/d) seal is due to three major factors...
- Controlling the Mechanobiology of Cutaneous Wounds to Reduce Hypertrophic ScarEdward A Sander; Fiscal Year: 2013..g. stress shielding sheets, shape memory sutures, sutures with elastic gradients, and adhesives), many important variables are not optimally defined...
- Multifunctional, Non-thermal Plasmas for Long-lasting Dental AdhesionQingsong Yu; Fiscal Year: 2013..quality of infiltrated resin polymers is usually poor due chiefly to the incomplete polymerization of current adhesives under oral environment...
- Biomedical adhesives with precisely engineered surface topography and chemistryJEFFREY MICHAEL KARP; Fiscal Year: 2013..While numerous tissue adhesives exist, their applications are restricted due to limitations such as insufficient mechanical properties, ..
- Biomimetic Tissue Adhesive with Mechanically Tough Hydrogel SupportBruce P Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..Tissue adhesives can potentially simplify complex procedures, reduce surgery time, and minimize trauma...
- Improved Resin Bonded Dental Restoratives Based on Nanogel-modified AdhesivesJeffrey Stansbury; Fiscal Year: 2010..This situation is being exacerbated by the shift towards self-etching one-step adhesives which while providing greater convenience to the practitioner, have proven to be even less reliable than the two-..
- Tertiary methacrylamides and thiourethane additives as novel dental compositesCarmem S Pfeifer; Fiscal Year: 2013..to synthesize novel tertiary methacrylamide monomers to be used as the organic matrix of dental composites and adhesives, completely departing from the conventional methacrylate chemistry used by nearly all current materials...
- Bioadhesive Membrane Construct to Augment Tendon RepairRay Vanderby; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this proposal, biomimetic synthetic adhesives will be combined with natural scaffolds to create a novel bioadhesive membrane...
- Cu-Catalyzed Azide-Alkyne Reactions for Novel Dental Composite MaterialsJeffrey Stansbury; Fiscal Year: 2013..restoratives and our goal is the development of a composite system that is compatible with current dental practices and adhesives and yet yields at least a two fold increase in the service life of these restoratives. ! !
- RADIOPAQUE ADHESIVES AND DENTAL RESTORATIVE RESINSISRAEL CABASSO; Fiscal Year: 2000..2. Expand the scope to include radiopaque root canal sealants, dentin adhesives and resin cements that are adherent to dentin. 3...
- Laser-Activated Collagen Adhesives for HerniorrhaphyBarbara Soltz; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Coupling Strategies for Middle Ear ProthesesANN GRONDA; Fiscal Year: 2003..Based on these measures, biocompatible adhesives whose physical properties match those of middle ear structures will be selected and characterized in bench and ..
- Novel Dental Resin Composites with Improved Service LifeJirun Sun; Fiscal Year: 2013..restorative systems developed by the awardees of this U01-RFA, and can be used in composites and their dental adhesives. We plan to share our data and resources and collaborate with the awardees by way of all feasible procedure to ..
- Monomers and nanogel to improve adhesive resin structural integrity/durabilityJeffrey Stansbury; Fiscal Year: 2013..high crosslink densities throughout adhesive resins;2) the positive preliminary results with nanogel-modified adhesives will be extended into water-dispersible reactive nanogels that provide enhanced structural homogeneity and ..
- NON-ALLERGENIC SURGICAL GLOVES AND CONDOMSJOHN GARDON; Fiscal Year: 2000..or acrylic elastomers of this project are more rubbery than similar polymers used for industrial coatings and adhesives. Hydroxyl or carboxyl reactive agents provide crosslinking on curing. The U.S...
- NERVE REPAIR BY SYNTHETIC AND BIOLOGICAL POLYMERSRiyi Shi; Fiscal Year: 2003..to achieve mechanically stable nerve fusion by adhesively bonding the nerve connective tissue using surgical adhesives ...
- Determinants of the Durability of Resin-Dentin BondsDavid Pashley; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our recent work demonstrated that most of commercial adhesives cause a collapse of the water-saturated collagen matrix, that is largely due to their solvents having Hoy's ..
- 12TH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL BIOMATERIALS SYMPOSIUM-1980Buddy Ratner; Fiscal Year: 1980..materials, maxillofacial prosthetics, materials behavior, toxicology and tissue behavior, suture and tissue adhesives, plastic and reconstructive surgery, orthopaedics, cardiovascular surgery, blood behavior, opthalmologic ..
- 12TH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL BIOMATERIALS SYMPOSIUM-1980Buddy Ratner; Fiscal Year: 1980..materials, maxillofacial prosthetics, materials behavior, toxicology and tissue behavior, suture and tissue adhesives, plastic and reconstructive surgery, orthopedics, cardiovascular surgery, blood behavior, opthalmologic ..
- Design and Development of a resorbable Bone AdhesiveEric Beckman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Bone adhesives and cements are currently not used in many of these procedures because they are made from chemical compounds ..
- NMR ANALYSIS OF BONDING INTERACTIONS OF DENTIN ADHESIVESLawrence Wolinsky; Fiscal Year: 1993..In the area of dental adhesives much interest has focused upon the development of agents capable of chemically bonding with tooth structure...
- INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ADHESIVES IN DENTISTRYWAYNE BARKMEIER; Fiscal Year: 1991..at Creighton University School of Dentistry in Omaha, Nebraska, will host a three-day International Symposium on Adhesives in Dentistry on July 11-13, 1991...
- Ophthalmic Sealants for Corneal SurgeriesMICHAEL CARNAHAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..The specific aims of this proposal are: Aim 1. To optimize the self-gelling rate of the dendritic adhesives through changes in dendrimer generation number and concentration. Aim 2. To seal full-thickness 4...
- Stimulation of tooth repair and regeneration by interaction with dental meterialsJack Ferracane; Fiscal Year: 2009..Tony Smith (U. Birmingham), an expert in this field. Dentin adhesives and glass ionomer restoratives, with and without a bioactive glass additive, will serve as the test materials...
- Characterization and Modification of Dental Hard TissuesSally Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2006..information on their biomechanics and mineralization, and modify them to enhance adhesion of polymer based adhesives of them...
- Production of plant-based recombinant human thrombinBRIAN HOOKER; Fiscal Year: 2002..thus is plagued by severe cost constraints that preclude widespread application of clotting factor-based wound adhesives. The objective of this proposed Phase I SBIR project is to demonstrate expression of correctly processed ..
- FLEXIBLE ULTRATHIN CIRCUIT TO ANALYZE SLEEP DISORDERVOLKAN OZGUZ; Fiscal Year: 2000..mounted on a flexible substrate with interface electrodes that are in contact with the surface of the skin using adhesives ( like in medical bandages or band-aids ) on either side of the electrode area...
- Quick Placement EEG Electrode and Installation ToolBenjamin Lane; Fiscal Year: 2007..for quick placement of multiple electrodes via a single, hand-held installation tool without the need for messy adhesives or excess electrolyte...
- Development of a Biodegradable, Water-resistant Tissue Adhesive based on Mussel ABruce Lee; Fiscal Year: 2007..Because tissue adhesives are required to be biocompatible, adhere in an aqueous/physiological environment, and biodegradable into ..
- Implantable Electrical Interconnects for BiosensorsTERRENCE VARGO; Fiscal Year: 2001..forming strong bonds to both: (1) vacuum sputtered Au and Pt metal and, (2) to commercially available silicone adhesives and coatings...
- DEVELOPMENT OF DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEMS BASED ON NEW BIO-S*Ian McLennan; Fiscal Year: 2002..in the area of water-based copolymers used in applications such as environmentally friendly pressure sensitive adhesives and water-based inks...
- CHARACTERIZING PSYCHOACTIVE EFFECTS OF INHALANTSJames Zacny; Fiscal Year: 2004..g., toluene and trichloroethane, which are contained in various commercial products including adhesives, aerosol sprays, and cleaning/degreasing agents) but cannot be safely or ethically studied in humans...
- DEVELOPMENT OF A TRANSDERMAL PATCH FOR ALZHEIMER'SKIRTI VALIA; Fiscal Year: 2002..The feasibility patch development would include screening of adhesives, cosolvents, and skin permeation enhancers. The design of the patch will be matrix type drug-in- adhesive system...
- Improved Polymeric Restoratives Through Molecular DesignJ Eick; Fiscal Year: 2005..four R01 subprojects to employ computer modeling to develop low stress/low shrinkage resin matrix materials and adhesives, to study genetic and biomimetics responses of the new materials, and to improve to composite system; and 4) to ..
- SURGICAL ADHESIVE FOR JOINING AND HEALING MOIST TISSUEMichael Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2001..will overcome the problems of low-strength adhesion exhibited by currently available gelatin and fibrin surgical adhesives. The adhesive will be particularly effective at wet interfaces, at sites of active bleeding or in areas of high ..
- Bioadhesive Membrane Constructs to Augment Tendon RepairBruce Lee; Fiscal Year: 2009..In this proposal, biomimetic synthetic adhesives will be combined with a natural scaffold to create a novel bioadhesive membrane...
- DEVELOPMENT OF A SUBSTRATE FOR TESTING DENTAL ADHESIONPaulette Spencer; Fiscal Year: 1993..In phase 2, the chemical interaction of the new isocyanatoacrylate direct bonding dental adhesives and the representative enamel will be examined using FTIR, Auger, ESCZ, and TEM...
- Laser Activated Collagen Solder for Ophthalmic SurgeryBarbara Soltz; Fiscal Year: 2005..for innovative treatment of eye disease and demonstrate the unique properties of laser activated collagen adhesives to repair ophthalmic tissue with high strength and biostability...
- 'QUICK PLACEMENT' EEG ELECTRODEALEX MENKES; Fiscal Year: 2001..However, this design uniquely provides the ability for quick placement without messy adhesives. The small size, high comfort level, and quick placement attributes make the device ideal for critical care and ..
- Quick Placement EEG Electrode and Installation ToolMichael Abbott; Fiscal Year: 2003..for quick placement of multiple electrodes via a single, hand-held installation tool without the need for messy adhesives or excess electrolyte...
- Laser Assisted Cartilage Repair Using Collagen AdhesivesBarbara Soltz; Fiscal Year: 2002..This technology may provide orthopaedic surgeons with new techniques which can reduce operating time, convalescence and hospital stays. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF NEW MULTIFUNCTIONAL DENTAL ADHESIVESJ Eick; Fiscal Year: 1991..There are seven specific aims which include: (1) to synthesize a series of dental adhesives based upon the newly developed alpha and beta isocyanatoacrylate monomers; (2) to characterize the basic ..
- Novel Chitosan MucoadhesivesMICHAEL DANILICH; Fiscal Year: 2005There have been numerous approaches to developing soft tissue adhesives that combine tissue compatibility, ease of use, good adhesive and cohesive strength, hemostasis and promotion of wound healing...
- Laser-Activated Collagen Adhesives for HerniorrhaphyBarbara Soltz; Fiscal Year: 2002..A surgical handpiece will be modified for use in animal experiments. By comparing a conventional method for mesh fixation to laser attachment, weld integrity, tissue healing and inflammatory response will be defined. ..