Genomes and Genes
Summary: Drugs used for their effects on the kidneys' regulation of body fluid composition and volume. The most commonly used are the diuretics. Also included are drugs used for their antidiuretic and uricosuric actions, for their effects on the kidneys' clearance of other drugs, and for diagnosis of renal function.
Publications171 found, 100 shown here
- Inhibition of endocytosis causes phosphorylation (S256)-independent plasma membrane accumulation of AQP2Hua Lu
Program in Membrane Biology, Renal Unit, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 286:F233-43. 2004....
- UT-B1 proteins in rat: tissue distribution and regulation by antidiuretic hormone in kidneyM M Trinh-Trang-Tan
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 76, Institut National de la Transfusion Sanguine, 75015 Paris, France
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 283:F912-22. 2002..This study discloses an uneven distribution of UT-B1 protein within astrocytes and the regulation of renal UT-B1 protein by antidiuretic hormone...
- Hyponatremia associated with desmopressin for the treatment of nocturnal polyuriaAlan Shindel
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Urology 60:344. 2002..We report the cases of two elderly women taking DDAVP for nocturnal polyuria who developed severe hyponatremia. One patient died in the hospital...
- Impact of urodynamics in treatment of primary nocturnal enuresis persisting into adulthoodSelcuk Yucel
Department of Urology, Akdeniz University School of Medicine, Kampus, Antalya, Turkey
Urology 64:1020-5; discussion 1025. 2004..At least 2% of adults are enuretic during the night. The diagnostic and treatment approach for PNE is empirically the same in children and adults...
- N-ethylmaleimide causes aquaporin-2 trafficking in the renal inner medullary collecting duct by direct activation of protein kinase AStephen Shaw
School of Biomedical Sciences, Worsley Bldg, Univ of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9NQ, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 288:F832-9. 2005..This effect is not mediated by cAMP but results from direct activation of PKA by NEM...
- Angiotensin II AT1 receptor blockade decreases vasopressin-induced water reabsorption and AQP2 levels in NaCl-restricted ratsTae Hwan Kwon
The Water and Salt Research Ctr, Bldg 233 234, Univ of Aarhus, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 288:F673-84. 2005..These results suggest that ANG II AT(1) receptor activation plays a significant role in regulating aquaporin and sodium transporter expression and modulating urine concentration in vivo...
- Bidirectional regulation of AQP2 trafficking and recycling: involvement of AQP2-S256 phosphorylationLene N Nejsum
The Water and Salt Research Center, University of Aarhus, DK 8000 Aarhus, Denmark
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 288:F930-8. 2005....
- Collecting duct-specific knockout of endothelin-1 alters vasopressin regulation of urine osmolalityYuqiang Ge
Division of Nephrology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, 30 North 1900 East, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 288:F912-20. 2005..These data indicate that CD ET-1 KO increases renal sensitivity to the urinary concentrating effects of AVP and suggest that ET-1 functions as a physiological autocrine regulator of AVP action in the CD...
- Coupling of vasopressin-induced intracellular Ca2+ mobilization and apical exocytosis in perfused rat kidney collecting ductKay Pong Yip
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Physiol 538:891-9. 2002..These results indicate that AVP, via the V2 receptor, triggers a calcium signalling cascade observed as [Ca2+]i oscillations in the IMCD and that intracellular Ca2+ mobilization is required for exocytotic insertion of aquaporin-2...
- Altered expression of COX-1, COX-2, and mPGES in rats with nephrogenic and central diabetes insipidusPrimoz Kotnik
The Water and Salt Research Center, University of Aarhus, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 288:F1053-68. 2005..These results identify markedly reduced expression of COX-1, COX-2, and mPGES in IM in lithium-induced NDI. Furthermore, there were major changes in the expression of COX-1, COX-2, and mPGES in rats with CDI...
- Desmopressin (DDAVP) for enuresis, diabetes insipidus, andKaye K Gaines
Bay Pines VA Medical Center, Bay Pines, FL, USA
Urol Nurs 24:520-3. 2004
- Role of aquaporin-2 gene expression in hyponatremic rats with chronic vasopressin-induced antidiuresisT Saito
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
Kidney Int 60:1266-76. 2001..Either hypervolemia or hypotonicity may diminish the post-receptor signaling of AVP in renal collecting duct cells, under the chronic AVP excess state found in SIADH...
- The evaluation of desmopressin in treatment of adolescent nocturnal enuresisOrhan Derman
Section of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Adolesc Med Health 16:377-85. 2004..Desmopressin seems to be effective in the treatment of primary nocturnal enuresis while on therapy but during the long-term follow-up, all cases relapsed...
- Vasopressin increases urea permeability in the initial IMCD from diabetic ratsVladimir Pech
Emory Univ School of Medicine, Renal Division, 1639 Pierce Dr, NE, WMB Rm 338, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 289:F531-5. 2005..This suggests that the 117-kDa UT-A1 glycoprotein is necessary for vasopressin-stimulated urea transport...
- Vasopressin-V2 receptor stimulation reduces sodium excretion in healthy humansLise Bankir
INSERM Unité 367, Institut du Fer a Moulin, 17 Rue du Fer a Moulin, 75005 Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:1920-8. 2005..The possibility that an inappropriate stimulation of ENaC by vasopressin might lead to significant sodium retention in chronic situations remains to be determined...
- Bladder capacity and renal concentrating ability in enuresis: pathogenic implicationsT Neveus
Pediatric Section, Department of Women s and Childrens Health, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
J Urol 165:2022-5. 2001..We compared bladder volume and renal concentrating capacity in dry children and 2 distinct groups of children with enuresis to hypothesize about the pathogenesis of various types of enuresis...
- Increased blood pressure, aldosterone activity, and regional differences in renal ENaC protein during vasopressin escapeJian Song
Dept of Medicine, Georgetown University, Box 571412, Washington, DC 20057 1412, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 287:F1076-83. 2004..11beta-HSD-2 was increased by dDAVP in the cortex and not significantly affected by water loading. These changes may serve to attenuate Na(+) losses and ameliorate hyponatremia in vasopressin escape...
- cDNA array identification of genes regulated in rat renal medulla in response to vasopressin infusionHeddwen L Brooks
Laboratory of Kidney and Electrolyte Metabolism, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 284:F218-28. 2003..These studies have identified several transcripts whose abundances are regulated in the inner medulla in response to infusion of dDAVP and that could play roles in the regulation of salt and water excretion...
- An overview of the management of nocturnal enuresis in childrenJune Rogers
Knowsley Primary Care Trust, Manchester
Br J Nurs 12:898-903. 2003..A child-focused approach will help ensure that whatever treatment is chosen, either the alarm or desmopressin will lead towards the best treatment outcome...
- Proteomic analysis of long-term vasopressin action in the inner medullary collecting duct of the Brattleboro ratBas W M van Balkom
Laboratory of Kidney and Electrolyte Metabolism, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1603, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 286:F216-24. 2004....
- Acute regulation of the epithelial sodium channel gene by vasopressin and hyperosmolalityKenji Machida
Department of Nephrology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
Hypertens Res 26:629-34. 2003..Determining the physiological significance of the acute effect of vasopressin in MAL will require further investigations...
- Effects of desmopressin on prolonging survival in stable hypothermia in ratsTze fun Lee
Department of Biological Sciences, Biological Science Building, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2E9, Canada
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 81:910-4. 2003..These improvements may have contributed to the observed longer survival time in hypothermia...
- South African guidelines for the management of nocturnal enuresisJ C van Dyk
S Afr Med J 93:338-40. 2003
- Role of vasopressin in diabetes mellitus-induced changes in medullary transport proteins involved in urine concentration in Brattleboro ratsDongun Kim
Emory Univ School of Medicine, Renal Division, WMRB Rm 338, 1639 Pierce Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 286:F760-6. 2004....
- [Stage I-III pulmonary sarcoidosis complicated by nephrogenic (vasopressin-resistant) form of diabetes insipidus]K I Volkova
Klin Med (Mosk) 81:59-64. 2003..Adiurecrine treatment is unefficient. It is recommended to use chlorpropamide which raises sensitivity of the tubules to ADH...
- Perioperative management of diabetes insipidus in children [corrected]Lisa Wise-Faberowski
Children s Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 16:14-9. 2004..6 +/- 9.2 mEq/L versus 8.36 +/- 6.43 mEq/L in those children managed by the protocol. Hyponatremia occurred less frequently in the children managed with this protocol compared with historical controls...
- Intermittent oral desmopressin therapy for monosymptomatic primary nocturnal enuresisCem Akbal
Department of Urology, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Urol 171:2603-6. 2004..In a prospective study we evaluate the efficacy of intermittent desmopressin (DDAVP) every other day for patients with nocturnal enuresis relapse who need additional therapy...
- [Diabetes insipidus: etiology, diagnosis, and therapy]Ferenc Laczi
Szegedi Tudomanyegyetem, Általános Orvostudományi Kar, Szent Györgyi Albert Orvos és Gyógyszerésztudományi Centrum, Endokrinológiai Onálló Osztály és Kutató Laboratórium
Orv Hetil 143:2579-85. 2002..Nephrogenic diabetes insipidus can be influenced by non-steroidal antiinflammatory agents or diuretics. Their combined administration is even more effective, however, still does not exceed a 50-percent mitigation in diuresis...
- [Development of formulations of desmopressin intranasal drops]Rima Gerbutaviciene
Kauno medicinos universiteto Vaistu technologijos ir farmacinio darbo organizavimo katedra, Kaunas
Medicina (Kaunas) 38:545-9. 2002..According to our quality control data, desmopressin intranasal drops are stable for two years and remain sterile during storage and administration of the drug...
- Axial heterogeneity in basolateral AQP2 localization in rat kidney: effect of vasopressinBirgitte Mønster Christensen
The Water and Salt Research Center, Institute of AnatomyUniversity of DK 8000 Aarhus, Denmark
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 284:F701-17. 2003..Moreover, acute V(2)-receptor antagonist treatment did not cause retrieval of AQP2 from the BLM. In contrast, long-term dDAVP treatment caused a major increase in AQP2 expression in the BLM in CCD...
- Tackling bedwetting--using the three-systems approachPenny Dobson
Nurs Times 98:58-9. 2002
- [Vasopressin-dependent water permeability of the basolateral membrane of the kidney outer medullary collecting duct in postnatal ontogenesis in rats]G S Baturina
Institute of Cytology and Genetics, Russian Acad Sci, Siberian Branch, 10 Pr Lavrentyeva, Novosibirsk 630090, Russia
Ross Fiziol Zh Im I M Sechenova 89:605-12. 2003..The mechanism of this decrease remains to be established...
- Perioperative management of diabetes insipidus in childrenLisa Wise-Faberowski
Children s Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 16:220-5. 2004..6 +/- 9.2 mEq/L versus 8.36 +/- 6.43 mEq/L in those children managed by the protocol. Hyponatremia occurred less frequently in the children managed with this protocol compared with historical controls...
- Chronic dDAVP infusion in rats decreases the expression of P2Y2 receptor in inner medulla and P2Y2 receptor-mediated PGE2 release by IMCDRujia Sun
Nephrology Research 151M VA Salt Lake City Health Care System, 500 Foothill Dr, Salt Lake City, UT 84148, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 289:F768-76. 2005..In conclusion, chronic dDAVP infusion decreases the expression and activity of P2Y2-R in IM. This may be due to a direct effect of dDAVP or dDAVP-induced increase in medullary tonicity...
- Hyponatraemic seizures resulting from inadequate post-operative fluid intake following a single dose of desmopressinZoltan Molnar
First Department of Pediatrics, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Bókay János u 53, H 1083 Budapest, Hungary
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:2265-7. 2005
- Escape from vasopressin-induced antidiuresis: role of vasopressin resistance of the collecting ductC A Ecelbarger
Laboratory of Kidney and Electrolyte Metabolism, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892-1603, USA
Am J Physiol 274:F1161-6. 1998....
- Vasopressin receptor subtype 2 activation increases cell proliferation in the renal medulla of AQP1 null miceQi Cai
Dept of Physiology, College of Medicine, 1501 N Campbell Ave, Univ of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724 5051, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F1858-64. 2007..V(2)R activation, via dDAVP, increased AQP2 and AQP3 protein abundance in the cortical collecting ducts of AQP1 null mice. However, V(2)R activation did not increase AQP2 protein abundance in the IMCD of AQP1 null mice...
- Role of prostaglandins in collecting duct-derived endothelin-1 regulation of blood pressure and water excretionYuqiang Ge
Division of Nephrology, Univ of Utah Health Sciences Center, 900 East 30 North, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F1805-10. 2007..Furthermore, the increased PGE(2) in CD ET-1 KO mice partly compensates for loss of ET-1 with respect to maintaining urinary water excretion, but not in blood pressure control...
- Effects of urinary ouabain-like factors and vanadium diascorbate on calcium mobilization in porcine inner medullary collecting duct cells: comparison with the effects of ouabain and vasopressinH J Kramer
The Renal Section, Medical Policlinic, University of Bonn, Germany
Am J Hypertens 11:1208-13. 1998..The physiologic or pathologic roles of these and additional OLF in body fluid and blood pressure regulation and in hypertension have yet to be evaluated...
- Nitric oxide inhibits superoxide-stimulated urea permeability in the rat inner medullary collecting ductJoseph Zimpelmann
Division of Nephrology, The Ottawa Hospital and University of Ottawa, 1967 Riverside Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1H 7W9
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 285:F1160-7. 2003..In the inner medulla, superoxide generation by local oxidases may stimulate urea transport, and the role of endogenous NO may be to dampen this effect by decreasing superoxide levels...
- Vasopressin regulates apical targeting of aquaporin-2 but not of UT1 urea transporter in renal collecting ductT Inoue
Laboratory of Kidney and Electrolyte Metabolism, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda 20892, Maryland, USA
Am J Physiol 276:F559-66. 1999..Thus vasopressin-mediated regulation of AQP2, but not of VRUT, depends on regulated vesicular trafficking to the plasma membrane...
- [Functional features of actinin and tropomyosin distribution in rat kidney]I I Khegai
Institute of Cytology and Genetics, SD RAS, 630090 Novosibirsk, Lavrentiev av, 10, Russia
Ross Fiziol Zh Im I M Sechenova 89:1156-60. 2003..This ratio rises up to 46.12 +/- 2.14 versus 13.83 +/- 0.66 (in relative units) for rats being under dehydration that maximally activated vasopressin secretion in normal WAG rats...
- Brain vasopressin and sodium appetiteFrancis W Flynn
Department of Zoology, University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming 82071, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 282:R1236-44. 2002..These findings suggest that the effect of exogenous VP on salt intake is secondary to motor disruptions and that endogenous brain VP neurotransmission acting at V(1) receptors plays a role in the arousal of salt appetite...
- Helping children with nocturnal enuresis: the wait-and-see approach may not be in anyone's best interestAmanda K Berry
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, USA
Am J Nurs 106:56-63; quiz 64. 2006..This article offers an overview of the causes and effects of the condition; discusses treatment options, including alarm therapy and medication; and describes ways that nurses can provide education and support...
- Vasopressin-stimulated chloride transport in transimmortalized mouse cell lines derived from the distal convoluted tubule and cortical and inner medullary collecting ductsJ P Van Huyen
, , , , Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 16:238-45. 2001..I(sc) experiments also suggest the presence of a minor component of electrogenic Cl(-) secretion, possibly mediated by CFTR...
- Coordination modes of multidentate ligands in fac-[Re(CO)(3)(polyaminocarboxylate)] analogues of (99m)Tc radiopharmaceuticals. dependence on aqueous solution reaction conditionsMalgorzata Lipowska
Department of Radiology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Inorg Chem 49:3141-51. 2010We study Re analogues of (99m)Tc renal agents to interpret previous results at the (99m)Tc tracer level...
- 99Tcm-cystine, a renal function and imaging agent: a comparative study in dog with 131I-hippurate and 99Tcm-glucoheptonate to evaluate its functional and imaging characteristicsM Misra
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Calcutta
Nucl Med Commun 15:878-85. 1994..Therefore, considering both renal function and imaging properties of 99Tcm-cystine it appears that this radiopharmaceutical offers some definite advantages over the currently available renal agents and commands further study.
- Measurement of the extravascular concentration of renal agents following intravenous bolus injectionA M Peters
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Nucl Med Commun 15:66-72. 1994The extravascular concentration (Ce) of some renal agents, in relation to the simultaneous plasma concentration (Ci), was calculated as a function of time after intravenous injection...
- Evaluation of 99Tcm-bicisate as a renal imaging agentK Ozker
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226, USA
Nucl Med Commun 18:771-5. 1997..Therefore, we conclude that 99Tcm-ECD is less favourable when compared to existing renal agents due to its high extrarenal uptake and renal kinetics.
- Pediatric uroradiology--1997S K Fernbach
Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
World J Urol 16:46-51. 1998..in the neonate and infants, introduction of newer modalities (Doppler ultrasound), and new nuclear renal agents (Tc-MAG3) have enhanced our ability to detect anomalies and abnormalities...
- Successful conversion from thiazide to tolvaptan in a patient with stage d heart failure and chronic kidney disease before heart transplantationTeruhiko Imamura
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Int Heart J 54:48-50. 2013..In patients with stage D heart failure, it may be useful to administer tolvaptan with a concomitant reduction in the dose of diuretics in order to preserve renal function and avoid hyponatremia before HTx...
- Ultrasound bladder measurements in patients with primary nocturnal enuresis: a urodynamic and treatment outcome correlationC K Yeung
Department of Surgery, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Hong Kong, China
J Urol 171:2589-94. 2004..We evaluate the use of a special ultrasound (US) protocol for the assessment of bladder dysfunction compared with urodynamic findings, and for prediction of treatment outcome in children with primary nocturnal enuresis (PNE)...
- [Responses of the rat kidney to the water load test and vasopressin administered during normal feeding and fasting]Jie Gao
Sechenov Institute of Evolutionary Physiology and Biochemistry, Russian Acad Sci, 44 M Thorez Av, St Petersburg, 194223, Russia
Ross Fiziol Zh Im I M Sechenova 90:202-11. 2004..A problem is discussed of the concept of norm under usual conditions and at certain clinically accepted restrictions, for instance, on empty stomach...
- Altered renal expression of aquaporin water channels and sodium transporters in rats with two-kidney, one-clip hypertensionSeong Kwon Ma
Department of Internal Medicine, Chonnam National University Medical School, Gwangju, Korea
Kidney Blood Press Res 32:411-20. 2009..To determine whether the renal regulation of aquaporin (AQP) water channels and sodium transporters are altered in 2-kidney, 1-clip (2K1C) hypertension...
- Fluorescent indicators give biased estimates of intracellular free calcium change in aggregating platelets: implication for studies with human von Willebrand factorJ C Kermode
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson 39216, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 22:238-53. 1996..These observations may explain some of the inconsistencies among previous investigations of vWF-induced calcium signaling. Moreover, similar problems may arise in studies with other adhesive proteins...
- Effects of centrally administered arginine vasopressin and atrial natriuretic peptide on the development of brain edema in hyponatremic ratsZ Vajda
The Water and Salt Research Center, Institute of Anatomy, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Neurosurgery 49:697-704; discussion 704-5. 2001..The results emphasize the direct effects of these hormones on the cellular volume regulatory mechanisms in the brain during the development of cerebral edema...
- The next generation of diabetic nephropathy therapies: an updateMark E Williams
Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Adv Chronic Kidney Dis 12:212-22. 2005..To determine whether clinical outcomes (mortality, renal, and cardiovascular events) are improved beyond the current standard of care, phase III trials are planned...
- DNA damage caused by benzo(a)pyrene in MCF-7 cells is increased by verapamil, probenecid and PSC833P Myllynen
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Toxicol Lett 169:3-12. 2007....
- Oxytocin microinjected into dorsal motor nucleus of the vagus excites gallbladder motility via NMDA receptor-NO-cGMP pathwayChuan Yong Liu
Institute of Physiology Medical School of Shandong University Jinan 250012 P R China
Brain Res 1032:116-22. 2005..Hence, we deduced that the microinjection of OT into the DMV enhanced the gallbladder motility through binding specific OT receptors and activating the NMDA receptor-NO-cGMP pathway...
- Long-term durability of the response to desmopressin in female and male nocturia patientsKristian Vinter Juul
Ferring International Pharmascience Center, Copenhagen S, Denmark
Neurourol Urodyn 32:363-70. 2013..To explore the durability of efficacy and gender differences during chronic administration of desmopressin in nocturia...
- Nitric oxide in the renal medulla protects from vasopressin-induced hypertensionM Szentivanyi
Clinical Research Department 2nd Institute of Physiology, Semmelweis University of Medicine, Budapest, Hungary
Hypertension 35:740-5. 2000....
- Long-term aldosterone treatment induces decreased apical but increased basolateral expression of AQP2 in CCD of rat kidneySophie de Seigneux
The Water and Salt Research Center, University of Aarhus, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F87-99. 2007..The increased basolateral expression of AQP2 induced by aldosterone may play a significant role in water metabolism in conditions with increased sodium reabsorption in the CCD...
- Efficacy of desmopressin in patients with multiple sclerosis suffering from bladder dysfunction: a meta-analysisR Bosma
Department of Health Sciences, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Acta Neurol Scand 112:1-5. 2005..The current review evaluates the safety and efficacy of desmopressin in patients with multiple sclerosis (MS) who suffer from both daytime and nocturnal voiding frequency and from incontinence...
- Protection of chronic renal failure by a polysaccharide from Cordyceps sinensisYing Wang
School of Life Science and Technology, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
Fitoterapia 81:397-402. 2010..The changes in blood urea nitrogen and serum creatinine revealed that CPS-2 could significantly relieve renal failure caused by fulgerizing kidney...
- [Infundibulitis, an unusual case of central diabetes insipidus]David Gachoud
Service de Médecine II Hôpital régional, 2900 Porrentruy
Rev Med Suisse Romande 122:549-51. 2002..Nodular thickening of the pituitary stalk was noted on the MRI and the biopsy permitted a histological diagnosis of infundibulitis...
- Chronic kidney disease: pharmacological considerations for the dentistWilliam Brockmann
University of Missouri Kansas City, 64108, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 141:1330-9. 2010..Understanding the medical management of renal insufficiency and the pharmacokinetics of common dental drugs will aid clinicians in safely treating these patients...
- Therapy concept in enuretic childrenA Etele-Hainz
Department of Urology, University of Vienna Medical School, Vienna, Austria
Eur Urol 33:49-52. 1998....
- Practice parameter for the assessment and treatment of children and adolescents with enuresisGregory Fritz
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 43:1540-50. 2004..The psychosocial consequences of the symptom must be recognized and addressed with sensitivity during the evaluation and treatment of enuresis...
- Cardiovascular and renal effects of conivaptan hydrochloride (YM087), a vasopressin V1A and V2 receptor antagonist, in dogs with pacing-induced congestive heart failureT Yatsu
Cardiovascular Diseases Research, Pharmacology Laboratories, Institute for Drug Discovery Research, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 376:239-46. 1999..These results indicate that conivaptan produced hemodynamic improvement and marked aquaresis in dogs with congestive heart failure. Therefore, conivaptan may find clinical use in treating patients with congestive heart failure...
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of the four isomers of technetium-99m labeled ethylenecysteamine cysteine ((99m)Tc-ECC), the mono-acid derivative of (99m)tc-L,L-ethylenedicysteineH P Vanbilloen
Laboratory of Radiopharmaceutical Chemistry, K U Leuven, Belgium
Nucl Med Biol 27:207-14. 2000..However, it is also evident that the configuration at the chiral carbon atom and the orientation of the oxotechnetium core determine in a significant way the biological characteristics...
- The relationship between desmopressin treatment and voiding pattern in childrenG M Hvistendahl
International Enuresis Research Center, Institute of Experimental Clinical Research, Skejby Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
BJU Int 89:917-22. 2002..To collect data on voiding patterns at baseline (no treatment) and during short-term desmopressin treatment, with special reference to the functional and the mean bladder capacity...
- Active lucifer yellow secretion in renal proximal tubule: evidence for organic anion transport system crossoverR Masereeuw
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 289:1104-11. 1999....
- Treatment of primary monosymptomatic nocturnal enuresis with desmopressin: predictive factorsS Kruse
The Urotherapeutic Unit, The Queen Silvia Children s Hospital, Department of Nursing, Goteborg University, Sweden
BJU Int 88:572-6. 2001..To investigate predictive factors for the outcome of treatment of primary monosymptomatic nocturnal enuresis (PMNE) with desmopressin...
- Cardiovascular and renal developments: patent highlights January to June 2006Hermann A M Mucke
HM Pharma Consultancy, Wien, Austria
Curr Opin Investig Drugs 7:792-8. 2006..This summary highlights the most interesting developments seen in cardiovascular and renal patents (other than those claiming formulations or combinations of known drugs) published during the first half of 2006...
- Development of Fanconi syndrome during infancy in a patient with cystinosisElena Levtchenko
Acta Paediatr 95:379-80. 2006
- Long-term outcome of the difficult nephrotic syndrome in childrenAbdullah A Al Salloum
Pediatric Department, College of Medicine, King Saud University and King Khalid University Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 23:965-72. 2012..We suggest longer initial treatment at onset for this group of patients. The low incidence of infection in this group needs to be addressed in future studies...
- Additive antiproteinuric effect of pentoxifylline in patients with type 2 diabetes under angiotensin II receptor blockade: a short-term, randomized, controlled trialJuan F Navarro
Servicio de Nefrologia, Hospital Nuestra Señora de Candelaria, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Tenerife 38010, Spain
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:2119-26. 2005..In conclusion, administration of PTF to patients who have type 2 diabetes and are under long-term treatment with an ARB produces a significant additive antiproteinuric effect associated with a reduction of urinary TNF-alpha excretion...
- Local renal delivery of a natriuretic peptide a renal-enhancing strategy for B-type natriuretic peptide in overt experimental heart failureHorng H Chen
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 53:1302-8. 2009..The purpose of this study was to test the hypothesis that local renal delivery of B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) will overcome renal resistance to BNP without systemic hypotension...
- Enhanced response to AVP in the interlobular artery from the spontaneously hypertensive ratFrank H Hansen
Renal Research Group, Institute of Medicine, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 288:F1023-31. 2005..The present findings indicate that the exaggerated Ca2+ and contractile response to AVP in SHR is mainly mediated through ILA vasoconstriction...
- Modern approach in treatment of diabetes insipidusElvedina Kapic
Institute for Pharmacology, Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sarajevo, Cekalusa 90, 71 000 Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bosn J Basic Med Sci 5:38-42. 2005..Antidiuretic effect of desmopressin is the result of agonistic effect on V2 receptors in the renal tubules. The efficacy and safety of desmopressin in mentioned indications was confirmed in clinical studies...
- Use of desmopressin and concomitant use of potentially interacting drugs in elderly patients in SwedenRickard Ljung
Centre for Epidemiology, The National Board of Health and Welfare, SE 106 30, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 64:439-44. 2008....
- Unexplained polyuria and non-obstructive hydronephrosis in a urological departmentAsher Korzets
Department of Nephrology, Hillel Yaffe Hospital, Hadera, Israel corrected
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:2410-2. 2004
- Increased urinary calcium excretion in enuretic children treated with desmopressinDominik Muller
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Charite Children s Hospital, Berlin, Germany
J Urol 171:2618-20. 2004..However, recent findings have also implicated that desmopressin regulates other molecules, such as sodium and potassium. We investigate if desmopressin influences renal Ca2+ handling...
- Pharmacokinetics of TJ-8117 (Onpi-to), a drug for renal failure (I): Plasma concentration, distribution and excretion of [3H]-(-)epicatechin 3-O-gallate in rats and dogsYukiho Takizawa
Department of Drug Metabolism and Disposition, Research Division, Tsumura and Co, Inashiki Gun, Ibaraki, Japan
Eur J Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 29:91-101. 2004..7%, 84.1% and 0.9% of the dose was excreted in urine, feces and expired air, respectively. Data from bile-duct cannulated rats indicated that at least 18.4% of the dose was absorbed...
- Population pharmacokinetics of oseltamivir when coadministered with probenecidCraig R Rayner
F Hoffmann La Roche Ltd, Pharmaceuticals Division, Bldg 015 1 006, CH 4070 Basel, Switzerland
J Clin Pharmacol 48:935-47. 2008..These factors, set alongside increased capacity for oseltamivir production, should be carefully considered before an oseltamivir-probenecid combination is used...
- Electromotive drug-administration: a pilot study for minimal-invasive treatment of therapy-resistant idiopathic detrusor overactivityPeter Bach
Department of Urology, Klinikum Niederberg Velbert, Academic Hospital, University of Duisburg Essen, Velbert, Germany
Neurourol Urodyn 28:209-13. 2009..We examined the therapeutic effect of EMDA in patients suffering from therapy-resistant idiopathic detrusor overactivity (IDO) with respect to urodynamics, micturition charts and quality of life (Kings Health Questionnaire)...
- CREB trans-activates the murine H(+)-K(+)-ATPase alpha(2)-subunit geneXiangyang Xu
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, 6431 Fannin Ave, MSB 1 150, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 287:C903-11. 2004..Thus CREB-1, binding to one or more CRE-like elements in the -86/-60 region, trans-activates the HKalpha(2) gene and may represent an important link between rapid and delayed effects of cAMP on HKalpha(2) activity...
- Simple behavioural interventions for nocturnal enuresis in childrenPatrina H Y Caldwell
Discipline of Paediatrics and Child Health, The Children s Hospital at Westmead Clinical School, University of Sydney, Westmead, Australia
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 7:CD003637. 2013..Other treatments such as medications, complementary and miscellaneous interventions such as acupuncture, complex behavioural interventions and enuresis alarm therapy are considered elsewhere...
- Vasopressin and oxytocin decrease excitatory amino acid release in adult rat supraoptic nucleusM C Currás-Collazo
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, University of California, Riverside, California, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 15:182-90. 2003....
- Central diabetes insipidus following carbon monoxide poisoningM Y Chang
Poison Center and Divison of Nephrology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University and Medical College, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Nephrol 21:145-9. 2001..These cases illustrate the possibility of central diabetes insipidus and hypernatremia after carbon monoxide poisoning and the importance of immediate antidiuretic hormone treatment and careful fluid therapy...
- Sleep of children with enuresis: a polysomnographic studyT Neveus
Department of Pediatrics, Uppsala, Sweden
Pediatrics 103:1193-7. 1999..To evaluate relationships between bladder voiding and sleep in children with enuresis...
- Agmatine inhibits arginine vasopressin-stimulated urea transport in the rat inner medullary collecting ductAlexander J Rouch
Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74107, USA USA
Kidney Int 62:2101-8. 2002..Dexmedetomidine, a selective alpha2 agonist, does not inhibit AVP-stimulated Pu. This study was conducted to determine if agmatine affects Pu in the rat IMCD and to investigate the possibility of an imidazoline-mediated mechanism...
- Effect of food intake on the pharmacokinetics and antidiuretic activity of oral desmopressin (DDAVP) in hydrated normal subjectsS Rittig
Research Laboratory of Nephrology and Hypertension, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 48:235-41. 1998..The effect of food ingestion on the gastrointestinal absorption and antidiuretic action of oral desmopressin. An oral preparation of desmopressin, a synthetic analogue of vasopressin, has recently become available for clinical use...
- Influence of hypernatraemia and urea excretion on the ability to excrete a maximally hypertonic urine in the ratSurinder Cheema-Dhadli
Renal Division, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Canada M5B 1A6
J Physiol 541:929-36. 2002..Thus hypernatraemia was the most important factor associated with a higher urine tonicity...
- Managing daytime and night-time enuresis in childrenJune Rogers
Knowsley Primary Care Trust
Nurs Stand 16:45-52; quiz 54-6. 2002..Children with daytime or night-time enuresis should be assessed to discover the causes, and an appropriate treatment programme should be implemented...
- Stenotic glomerulotubular necks in radiation nephropathyE P Cohen
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
J Pathol 190:484-8. 2000....
- Pharmacokinetics and antidiuretic effect of a new vasopressin analogue (F992) in overhydrated male volunteersT Callréus
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Lund University Hospital, Sweden
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 55:293-8. 1999....
- Experience with the long-term use of desmopressin for nocturnal enuresis in children and adolescentsP E V van Kerrebroeck
Department of Urology, Academic Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
BJU Int 89:420-5. 2002
- ENaC-CFTR interactions: the role of electrical coupling of ion fluxes explored in an epithelial cell modelJean Daniel Horisberger
Institut de Pharmacologie et de Toxicologie, Bugnon 27, 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
Pflugers Arch 445:522-8. 2003..Our results show that when ENaC and CFTR are expressed in the same apical membrane, the electrical coupling of these two ion channels can explain at least part of the effect of CFTR activation on the Na(+) current flowing through ENaC...
- Prophylactic efficacy of desmopressin acetate for diabetes insipidus after hypophysectomy in the dogYasushi Hara
Division of Veterinary Surgery, Nippon Veterinary and Animal Science University, Tokyo, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 65:17-22. 2003....
- An integrative physiological approach to polyuria and hyponatraemia: a 'double-take' on the diagnosis and therapy in a patient with schizophreniaY Edoute
Department of Internal Medicine C, Rambam Medical Center, Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
QJM 96:531-40. 2003..Applying this simple approach, a more comprehensive and accurate differential diagnosis, and a plan for therapy to avoid serious complications was compiled...
- Ginkgo biloba for ECT-induced Memory DeficitsJOHN MARKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..will utilize larger groups and additional cognitive tests will be incorporated to provide more definitive conclusions regarding efficacy, optimal dose and duration, persistence of effects, and safety and tolerability ..
- P-Glycoprotein and Disposition of PsychostimulantsJOHN MARKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Sgk1 in Na+ transport in fetal lung epitheliaChristie Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- NEUROPEPTIDES AND SALT APPETITEFRANCIS FLYNN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Successful completion of the proposed work will expand the knowledge base on brain mechanisms controlling bodily fluid homeostasis. ..
- Neuroscience Center for Biomedical Research ExcellenceFrancis W Flynn; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Screening Herbs for Drug InteractionsJOHN MARKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2002..Further, the proposed studies will complement existing and future NCCAM studies of agents such as St. John's wort and Gingko biloba. ..
- REGULATION AND FUNCTION OF THE ALPHA SUBUNIT OF ENACChristie Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2003..The long-term objectives are to understand the regulation and function of ENaC in transepithelial Na+ transport. ..