Genomes and Genes
Summary: Drugs used to specifically facilitate learning or memory, particularly to prevent the cognitive deficits associated with dementias. These drugs act by a variety of mechanisms. While no potent nootropic drugs have yet been accepted for general use, several are being actively investigated.
Publications234 found, 100 shown here
- [Anticholinesterase agents in Alzheimer's disease]M Ventura
Rev Med Brux 22:A387-93. 2001..Nevertheless a simplification of the prescriptions is justified, to the detriment of drugs without any proven activity...
- Effect of donepezil in patients with Alzheimer's disease previously untreated or treated with memantine or nootropic agents in Germany: an observational studyTatjana Klinger
Staedt Klinikum St Georg, Verbund Gemeindenahe Psychiatrie West Suedwest, Leipzig, Germany
Curr Med Res Opin 21:723-32. 2005..A treatment-naive population was included as a comparator...
- Reaching the population with dementia drugs: what are the challenges?Fiona E Matthews
MRC Biostatistics Unit, Institute of Public Health, Cambridge, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:627-31. 2007..Since then the cost of prescription in England and Wales has risen. There has been little investigation of uptake at the population level...
- Identification and characterization of a new cognitive enhancer based on inhibition of insulin-regulated aminopeptidaseAnthony L Albiston
Howard Florey Institute, University of Melbourne, Parkville, VIC 3010, Australia
FASEB J 22:4209-17. 2008..Notably, this study also provides unequivocal proof of principal that inhibition of IRAP results in memory enhancement...
- Non-medical use of prescription stimulants and illicit use of stimulants for cognitive enhancement in pupils and students in GermanyA G Franke
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Medical Centre, Mainz, Germany
Pharmacopsychiatry 44:60-6. 2011..The aim of this study was to assess for the first time the prevalence and factors associated with stimulant use exclusively for cognitive enhancement among pupils and university students in Germany...
- Use of coffee, caffeinated drinks and caffeine tablets for cognitive enhancement in pupils and students in GermanyA G Franke
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Medical Centre Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Pharmacopsychiatry 44:331-8. 2011..There are only few data about substances, prevalence rates and factors associated with CE. The aim of this study was to assess first data about the use of coffee, caffeinated drinks and caffeine tablets for CE at school and university...
- Dimebon enhances hippocampus-dependent learning in both appetitive and inhibitory memory tasks in miceJulie Vignisse
School for Mental Health and Neuroscience, Department of Neuroscience, Maastricht University, Universiteitssingel 50, NL 6229 ER Maastricht, The Netherlands
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 35:510-22. 2011..Acute treatment of water-deprived and non-water-deprived mice with dimebon also did not affect their water intake. Our data suggest that dimebon enhances hippocampus-dependent learning in both appetitive and inhibitory tasks in mice...
- Crebinostat: a novel cognitive enhancer that inhibits histone deacetylase activity and modulates chromatin-mediated neuroplasticityDaniel M Fass
Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Neurology, Harvard Medical School, 185 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Neuropharmacology 64:81-96. 2013..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled 'Cognitive Enhancers'...
- Citicoline in vascular cognitive impairment and vascular dementia after strokeJose Alvarez-Sabin
Neurovascular Unit, Department of Neurology, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Stroke 42:S40-3. 2011....
- Neuroprotection and recovery: recent data at the bench on citicolineOlivia Hurtado
Unidad de Investigación Neurovascular, Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Complutense, Avda Complutense s n, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Stroke 42:S33-5. 2011..Furthermore, citicoline stimulates neuronal plasticity and improves sensorimotor recovery in the chronic phase of experimental stroke...
- Safety and efficacy of galantamine (Reminyl) in severe Alzheimer's disease (the SERAD study): a randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind trialAlistair Burns
University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Lancet Neurol 8:39-47. 2009..The efficacy of galantamine has been shown in patients with mild, moderate, and advanced moderate Alzheimer's disease (AD). Here we report its efficacy in patients with severe AD...
- The use of methylphenidate among students: the future of enhancement?Simon M Outram
Novel Tech Ethics, Dalhousie University, 1234 LeMarchant Street, Halifax NS B3H 3P7, Canada
J Med Ethics 36:198-202. 2010..In light of these empirically based conclusions, the article discusses why methylphenidate might have become seen as a smart drug or cognitive enhancer...
- "Doctor, would you prescribe a pill to help me … ?" a national survey of physicians on using medicine for human enhancementTimothy D Hotze
The Institute for Ethics, Chicago, IL 60610, USA
Am J Bioeth 11:3-13. 2011..These apparently contradictory views might reflect inherent tensions between the values of equity and liberty, which could make crafting coherent social policies on medical enhancements challenging...
- Retrospective and observational study to assess the efficacy of citicoline in elderly patients suffering from stupor related to complex geriatric syndromeSalvatore Putignano
Associazione Geriatri Extraospedalieri Geriatria Italiana Territoriale, Tenore 17, Naples, Italy
Clin Interv Aging 7:113-8. 2012..We have evaluated the administration of citicoline in geriatric patients following a protocol of intravenous study on improvement of individual performances...
- Vitamin E and donepezil for the treatment of mild cognitive impairmentRonald C Petersen
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minn, USA
N Engl J Med 352:2379-88. 2005..Mild cognitive impairment is a transitional state between the cognitive changes of normal aging and early Alzheimer's disease...
- Phosphodiesterase inhibitors for cognitive enhancementGregory M Rose
Memory Pharmaceuticals Corp, 100 Philips Parkway, Montvale, NJ 07645, USA
Curr Pharm Des 11:3329-34. 2005....
- Pravastatin and cognitive function in the elderly. Results of the PROSPER studyStella Trompet
Department of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Neurol 257:85-90. 2010..05). Pravastatin treatment in old age did not affect cognitive decline during a 3 year follow-up period. Employing statin therapy in the elderly in an attempt to prevent cognitive decline therefore seems to be futile...
- Donepezil in Alzheimer's disease: what to expect after 3 years of treatment in a routine clinical settingAsa K Wallin
Clinical Memory Research Unit, Department of Clinical Sciences, Malmo, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 23:150-60. 2007..Clinical short-term trails have shown positive effects of donepezil treatment in patients with Alzheimer's disease. The outcome of continuous long-term treatment in the routine clinical settings remains to be investigated...
- Neuroethical issues in cognitive enhancementBarbara J Sahakian
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
J Psychopharmacol 25:197-204. 2011..The present paper reviews some of the evidence in both neuropsychiatric and healthy individuals and discusses the implications such research can have for society...
- From anti-allergic to anti-Alzheimer's: Molecular pharmacology of DimebonI Okun
Avineuro Pharmaceuticlas Inc, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Curr Alzheimer Res 7:97-112. 2010..Understanding the role that different pathways play in diseases with complex etiologies may allow for the rational design of multi-target drugs...
- Enhancing concentration, mood and memory in healthy individuals: an empirical study of attitudes among general practitioners and the general populationLena Strand Bergström
Department of Learning, Informatics, Management and Ethics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Public Health 36:532-7. 2008..To study attitudes towards enhancing concentration, mood and memory in healthy individuals among the general public and general practitioners (GPs)...
- Effect of oral CDP-choline on plasma choline and uridine levels in humansR J Wurtman
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 60:989-92. 2000..Hence, it seems likely that the circulating substrates through which oral citicoline increases membrane phosphatide synthesis in the brains of humans involve uridine and choline, and not cytidine and choline as in rats...
- Dietary cytidine (5')-diphosphocholine supplementation protects against development of memory deficits in aging ratsLisa A Teather
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 45 Carleton Street, E25 604, Cambridge, MA, USA
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 27:711-7. 2003..These findings suggest that early-aged rats display a selective impairment in hippocampal-dependent long-term memory, and that dietary CDP-choline supplementation can protect against this deficit...
- Dietary CDP-choline supplementation prevents memory impairment caused by impoverished environmental conditions in ratsLisa A Teather
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Learn Mem 12:39-43. 2005....
- Double-blind placebo-controlled randomized efficacy and safety trial of add-on treatment of dimebon plus risperidone in schizophrenic patients during transition from acute psychotic episode to remissionMargarita A Morozova
Laboratory of Psychopharmacology, Mental Health Research Center of Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Kashirskoe Shosse 34, 115522 Moscow, Russia
Psychiatr Danub 24:159-66. 2012..A phase II study of dimebon as add-on to risperidone therapy was conducted...
- Neurocognitive enhancement: what can we do and what should we do?Martha J Farah
Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Pennsylvania, 3720 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nat Rev Neurosci 5:421-5. 2004
- Probably role of citicoline in stroke rehabilitation: review of the literatureJulio J Secades
Medical Department, Grupo Ferrer, S A, 08028 Barcelona, Espana
Rev Neurol 54:173-9. 2012..In this context, the role of citicoline in the rehabilitation of patients with stroke is reviewed...
- Double-blind placebo-controlled study with citicoline in APOE genotyped Alzheimer's disease patients. Effects on cognitive performance, brain bioelectrical activity and cerebral perfusionX A Alvarez
EuroEspes Biomedical Research Center, A Coruna, Barcelona, Spain
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 21:633-44. 1999....
- Objective and subjective cognitive enhancing effects of mixed amphetamine salts in healthy peopleIrena Ilieva
University of Pennsylvania, PA, USA
Neuropharmacology 64:496-505. 2013..We conclude that MAS has no more than small effects on cognition in healthy young adults, although users may perceive the drug as enhancing their cognition. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled 'Cognitive Enhancers'...
- The citicoline brain injury treatment (COBRIT) trial: design and methodsRoss Zafonte
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Neurotrauma 26:2207-16. 2009..Secondary outcomes include survival, toxicity, and rate of recovery...
- Randomized response estimates for the 12-month prevalence of cognitive-enhancing drug use in university studentsPavel Dietz
Department of Sports Medicine, Rehabilitation and Disease Prevention, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Pharmacotherapy 33:44-50. 2013..To estimate the 12-month prevalence of cognitive-enhancing drug use...
- What users think about the differences between caffeine and illicit/prescription stimulants for cognitive enhancementAndreas G Franke
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Medical Centre, Mainz, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e40047. 2012..This result shows the need for well-directed and differentiated information to prevent the potentially harmful use of illicit or prescription stimulants for CE...
- The benefits and risks associated with cholinesterase inhibitor therapy in Alzheimer's diseaseSarah Thompson
Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, Department of Psychiatry, Rm FG 05, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, ON, M4N 3M5, Canada
Expert Opin Drug Saf 3:425-40. 2004..Further study is needed to examine other indications for ChEIs, as well as their combination with newer treatments, such as memantine...
- Use of cognitive enhancement medication among northern Italian university studentsSilvana Castaldi
University of Milan, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda Ospedale Maggiore di Milano, Italy
J Addict Med 6:112-7. 2012..Students who think that there is no or an acceptable risk involved in cognitive enhancement medication are more likely to take drugs and dietary supplements than those who perceive the risk as high...
- Cognition and function in Alzheimer's disease: identifying the transitions from moderate to severe diseaseElias Schwam
Pfizer Global Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer Inc, New York, NY, USA schwae pfizer com
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 29:309-16. 2010....
- Proof-of-concept trial with the neurosteroid pregnenolone targeting cognitive and negative symptoms in schizophreniaChristine E Marx
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:1885-903. 2009..Mean BACS and MCCB composite scores were correlated (r(s)=0.74, p<0.0001). Pregnenolone may be a promising therapeutic agent for negative symptoms and merits further investigation for cognitive symptoms in schizophrenia...
- Memantine treatment in patients with moderate to severe Alzheimer disease already receiving donepezil: a randomized controlled trialPierre N Tariot
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Monroe Community Hospital, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
JAMA 291:317-24. 2004....
- The FDA-NIMH-MATRICS guidelines for clinical trial design of cognitive-enhancing drugs: what do we know 5 years later?Robert W Buchanan
Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Schizophr Bull 37:1209-17. 2011....
- Donepezil treatment of severe Alzheimer's disease in nursing home settings. A responder analysisVesna Jelic
Division of Geriatric Medicine, Department of NVS, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 26:458-66. 2008..Our objective was to define clinically meaningful outcomes in donepezil versus placebo treatment in severe Alzheimer's disease (AD) and to describe characteristics of responders...
- Smart drugs for cognitive enhancement: ethical and pragmatic considerations in the era of cosmetic neurologyV Cakic
University of Sydney, Australia
J Med Ethics 35:611-5. 2009..Finally, whether the prohibition of nootropics can be effectively enforced is doubtful. As nootropics use becomes widespread among students in the future, discussion of this issue will become more pressing in the years to come...
- A focus group on cognition-enhancing medications in Alzheimer disease: disparities between professionals and consumersS G Post
Center for Biomedical Ethics, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106-4976, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 15:80-8. 2001..We also detected, as hypothesized, considerable disparity between the perspectives of professionals and consumers regarding the benefits of therapy...
- Efficacy of citicoline as an acute stroke treatmentWayne M Clark
Department of Neurology CR131, Oregon Health Sciences University, Oregon Stroke Center, Portland, OR97201, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 10:839-46. 2009..Citicoline clinical efficacy trials are now continuing outside of the US in both ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke. A citicoline supplement is now available from several sources on the internet...
- Cognitive deficits in rats after forebrain cholinergic depletion are reversed by a novel NO mimetic nitrate esterBrian M Bennett
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Queen s University, Kingston, ON, Canada
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:505-13. 2007..This approach may be superior to that of current drugs that attempt only to salvage the residual function of damaged cholinergic neurons...
- Allosteric sensitization of nicotinic receptors by galantamine, a new treatment strategy for Alzheimer's diseaseA Maelicke
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Institute of Physiological Chemistry and Pathobiochemistry, Johannes-Gutenberg University Medical School, Mainz, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 49:279-88. 2001....
- Citicoline treatment for experimental intracerebral hemorrhage in miceW Clark
Oregon Stroke Center, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon 97201
Stroke 29:2136-40. 1998..The present study was designed to test whether treatment with citicoline reduces ischemic injury and improves functional neurological outcome in an experimental model of ICH...
- Ginkgo biloba in Alzheimer's disease: a systematic reviewInger M Janssen
Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care IQWiG, Cologne, Germany
Wien Med Wochenschr 160:539-46. 2010..A harm of Ginkgo is not evident. An estimation of the effect size was not possible for any outcome. Further evidence is needed which focuses especially on subgroups of AD patients...
- Collaborative effects of diet and exercise on cognitive enhancementFernando Gomez-Pinilla
Department of Integrative Biology and Physiology, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Nutr Health 20:165-9. 2011..Omega 3 fatty acids and curcumin elevate levels of molecules important for synaptic plasticity such as brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), thus benefiting normal brain function and recovery events following brain insults...
- Investigation into the efficacy of the acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, donepezil, and novel procognitive agents to induce gamma oscillations in rat hippocampal slicesJ P Spencer
Synaptic Plasticity and Neural Network Dynamics Discovery Performance Unit, Neurosciences CEDD, GlaxoSmithKline, New Frontiers Science Park, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5AW, UK
Neuropharmacology 59:437-43. 2010..These data support the notion that it should be possible to find a more efficacious AChE inhibitor or an adjunctive approach, to provide a better therapeutic intervention in AD...
- Responding to requests from adult patients for neuroenhancements: guidance of the Ethics, Law and Humanities CommitteeDan Larriviere
Department of Neurology and School of Law, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Neurology 73:1406-12. 2009....
- Furoxans (1,2,5-oxadiazole-N-oxides) as novel NO mimetic neuroprotective and procognitive agentsIsaac T Schiefer
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago, MC 781, 833 South Wood Street, Chicago, Illinois 60612 7231, USA
J Med Chem 55:3076-87. 2012..The novel observation of furoxan activity of potential therapeutic use in the CNS warrants further studies...
- Expectations regarding cognitive enhancement create substantial challengesE Racine
Neuroethics Research Unit, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Department of Medicine, Universite de Montreal, and Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery and Biomedical Ethics Unit, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
J Med Ethics 35:469-70. 2009....
- Better evidence for safety and efficacy is needed before neurologists prescribe drugs for neuroenhancement to healthy peopleBrendon P Boot
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Neurocase 18:181-4. 2012..The adoption of these guidelines by neurologists could have adverse social and medical effects that need to be more carefully considered...
- Citicoline, use in cognitive decline: vascular and degenerativeRocío García-Cobos
Department of Neurology, Stroke Center and Cognitive Impairment Unit, La Paz University Hospital, IdiPAZ Health Research Institute, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
J Neurol Sci 299:188-92. 2010..The use of new neuroimaging procedures in current trials could be of great interest...
- Verbal repetition in patients with Alzheimer's disease who receive donepezilElissa Asp
Geriatric Medicine Research Unit, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 21:426-31. 2006..Current outcome measures for Alzheimer's disease (AD) drugs have been criticized as insufficiently patient-centred. One commonly unmeasured goal of patients and caregivers is verbal repetition...
- Vasodilators and nootropics as predictors of dementia and mortality in the PAQUID cohortJean Francois Dartigues
INSERM U 593, Universite de Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:395-9. 2007..To assess the effects of treatment for memory impairment and the Ginkgo biloba extract (EGb 761) on dementia, mortality, and survival without dementia...
- Differences in medication use in the Alzheimer's disease neuroimaging initiative: analysis of baseline characteristicsNoam U Epstein
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, 46202, USA
Drugs Aging 27:677-86. 2010..Many participants in the ADNI are being treated with medications, and these may have beneficial or deleterious effects...
- Investigation of responders and non-responders to long-term donepezil treatmentJun Inoue
Department of Psychiatry and Neurology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Psychogeriatrics 10:53-61. 2010..However, not all patients respond to donepezil. In the present study, we examined the clinical features of responders and non-responders to long-term donepezil treatment...
- Impact of donepezil hydrochloride on the care burden of family caregivers of patients with Alzheimer's diseaseMamoru Hashimoto
Department of Psychiatry and Neuropathobiology, Faculty of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Honjo, Kumamoto, Japan
Psychogeriatrics 9:196-203. 2009....
- The cognitive-enhancing properties of modafinil are limited in non-sleep-deprived middle-aged volunteersDelia C Randall
Psychopharmacology Research Unit, Centre for Neuroscience Research, King s College London, London, UK
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 77:547-55. 2004..Thus, this study found limited evidence of cognitive-enhancing properties of modafinil in healthy middle-aged volunteers...
- Management of patients with Alzheimer's disease plus cerebrovascular disease: 12-month treatment with galantamineRoger Bullock
Kingshill Research Centre, Victoria Hospital, Swindon, UK
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 17:29-34. 2004..Subgroup analysis was performed of patients with AD + CVD who participated in a 6-month, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, parallel-group study and a 6-month, open-label, active-treatment extension...
- Member of the Ampakine class of memory enhancers prolongs the single channel open time of reconstituted AMPA receptorsV Suppiramaniam
Department of Biology, Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, Alabama, USA
Synapse 40:154-8. 2001..They also raise the possibility that AMPA receptors are regulated by factors present in situ, thus explaining the more efficient modulatory effects of CX509 when acting on receptors removed from their synaptic location...
- Effects of donepezil on activities of daily living: integrated analysis of patient data from studies in mild, moderate and severe Alzheimer's diseaseSerge Gauthier
McGill Center for Studies in Aging, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Douglas Hospital, Verdun, QC, Canada
Int Psychogeriatr 22:973-83. 2010....
- Cholinergic precursors in the treatment of cognitive impairment of vascular origin: ineffective approaches or need for re-evaluation?Lucilla Parnetti
Clinica Neurologica, Dipartimento di Specialità Medico Chirurgiche e Sanità Pubblica, Universita di Perugia, Perugia, Italy
J Neurol Sci 257:264-9. 2007..However, they probably would justify reconsideration of the most promising molecules in larger carefully controlled studies...
- Mitochondria as a target for neurotoxins and neuroprotective agentsSergey O Bachurin
Institute of Physiologically Active Compounds, Chernogolovka, Russia
Ann N Y Acad Sci 993:334-44; discussion 345-9. 2003..Substances that may prevent opening of mitochondrial pores induced by neurotoxins may preserve the mitochondrial function and, thus, may have potential as neuroprotective agents...
- Efficacy and safety of donepezil in patients with Alzheimer's disease: results of a global, multinational, clinical experience studyMercè Boada-Rovira
Fundacio ACE, Barcelona, Spain
Drugs Aging 21:43-53. 2004..However, in order to control for confounding factors, some clinical trials of donepezil have excluded patients with comorbid illness and concomitant medication use...
- Donepezil in vascular dementia: a randomized, placebo-controlled studyD Wilkinson
Memory Assessment and Research Centre, Moorgreen Hospital, Southampton, UK
Neurology 61:479-86. 2003..To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of donepezil in patients with vascular dementia (VaD)...
- Nootropic drug modulation of neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in rat cortical neuronsX Zhao
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Mol Pharmacol 59:674-83. 2001..Although nefiracetam and aniracetam inhibited alpha 7-type currents only weakly, these nootropic agents potentiated alpha 4 beta 2-type currents in a very potent and efficacious manner...
- DOMINO-AD protocol: donepezil and memantine in moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease - a multicentre RCTRob Jones
Section of Old Age Psychiatry, The University of Nottingham, A Floor, South Block, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Trials 10:57. 2009..The aim of this trial is to establish the most effective drug option for people with AD who are progressing from moderate to severe dementia despite treatment with donepezil...
- Citicoline in intracerebral haemorrhage: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, multi-centre pilot studyJulio J Secades
Medical Department, Grupo Ferrer SA, Barcelona, Spain
Cerebrovasc Dis 21:380-5. 2006..Citicoline is a neuroprotectant drug with some beneficial effects in human ischaemic stroke and with an excellent safety profile. We decided to carry out a pilot study to test its safety and efficacy in human intracerebral haemorrhaging...
- Neuroprotective and antiamnesic effect of donepezil, a nicotinic acetylcholine-receptor activator, on rats with concussive mild traumatic brain injuryMinoru Fujiki
Department of Neurosurgery, School of Medicine, Oita University, Oita, Japan
J Clin Neurosci 15:791-6. 2008..However, these neuroprotective effects were prevented by concomitant injection of mecamylamine, a nicotinic acetylcholine-receptor (nAChR) antagonist, indicating that protection is mediated by nAChR activation...
- [Donepezil-induced neuroprotection of acetylcholinergic neurons in olfactory bulbectomized mice]Yui Yamamoto
Department of Pharmacology, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Yakugaku Zasshi 130:717-21. 2010..We will also discuss the mechanism underlying the donepezil-induced neuroprotection in the medial septum cholinergic neurons...
- Can we do better in developing new drugs for Alzheimer's disease?Serge Gauthier
Department of Psychiatry, Neurology and Neurosurgery, McGill Center for Studies in Aging, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Alzheimers Dement 5:489-91. 2009....
- Donepezil in the treatment of patients with Alzheimer's diseaseNorifumi Tsuno
Department of Psychiatry, Tokyo Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Expert Rev Neurother 9:591-8. 2009....
- A randomized placebo-controlled trial of Ginkgo biloba for the prevention of cognitive declineH H Dodge
Department of Public Health, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97401, USA
Neurology 70:1809-17. 2008..To assess the feasibility, safety, and efficacy of Ginkgo biloba extract (GBE) on delaying the progression to cognitive impairment in normal elderly aged 85 and older...
- Tacrine-induced liver damage: an analysis of 19 candidate genesAna Alfirevic
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, The University of Liverpool, Sherrington Building, Ashton Street, Liverpool, UK
Pharmacogenet Genomics 17:1091-100. 2007..Our aim was to investigate whether single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in 19 candidate genes were associated with tacrine-induced liver damage...
- Efficacy and safety of donepezil over 3 years: an open-label, multicentre study in patients with Alzheimer's diseaseA Burns
University of Manchster, Manchester, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:806-12. 2007....
- Nootropic agents stimulate neurogenesis. Brain Cells, Inc.: WO2007104035Philippe Taupin
Dublin City University, School of Biotechnology, Glasnevin, Dublin 9, Ireland
Expert Opin Ther Pat 19:727-30. 2009..It aims to characterize the activity of nootropic agents on adult neurogenesis in vitro. Nootropic agents are substances improving cognitive and mental abilities...
- Pharmacological discrimination of extinction and reconsolidation of contextual fear memory by a potentiator of AMPA receptorsDaisuke Yamada
Department of Degenerative Neurological Diseases, National Institute of Neuroscience, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Kodaira, Tokyo, Japan
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:2574-84. 2009..PEPA and DCS did not affect reextinction. These results suggest that PEPA acts on extinction of contextual fear memory without having detectable influences on its reconsolidation...
- Forgetting and remembering. A star-studded search for memory-enhancing drugsEliot Marshall
Science 304:36-8. 2004
- Dementia with cerebrovascular disease: the benefits of early treatmentR J Schindler
Pfizer Inc, 235 East 42nd Street, New York, NY 10017 5775, USA
Eur J Neurol 12:17-21. 2005..The results of these studies support the use of donepezil in treatment of patients with VaD or AD + CVD...
- Effects of prenatal nicotine exposure on primate brain development and attempted amelioration with supplemental choline or vitamin C: neurotransmitter receptors, cell signaling and cell development biomarkers in fetal brain regions of rhesus monkeysTheodore A Slotkin
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 30:129-44. 2005....
- Cosmetic neurology: the controversy over enhancing movement, mentation, and moodAnjan Chatterjee
Department of Neurology and the Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, The University of Pennsylvania, 3 West Gates, 3400 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neurology 63:968-74. 2004..Neurologists and other clinicians are likely to encounter patient-consumers who view physicians as gatekeepers in their own pursuit of happiness...
- Dietary choline supplementation improves behavioral, histological, and neurochemical outcomes in a rat model of traumatic brain injuryMaria V Guseva
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0082, USA
J Neurotrauma 25:975-83. 2008..The results of this study suggest that alpha7 nAChR agonists may be useful drugs to enhance recovery following brain injury...
- The clinical meaningfulness of ADAS-Cog changes in Alzheimer's disease patients treated with donepezil in an open-label trialKenneth Rockwood
Division of Geriatric Medicine, Department of Medicine, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada
BMC Neurol 7:26. 2007..We examined how this change compared with measures of clinical meaningfulness...
- Galantamine provides broad benefits in patients with 'advanced moderate' Alzheimer's disease (MMSE < or = 12) for up to six monthsD G Wilkinson
Memory Assessment and Research Centre, Moorgreen Hospital, Southampton, UK
Int J Clin Pract 56:509-14. 2002..5 ADAS-cog points. Cognitive and functional abilities were maintained around baseline; behavioural symptoms were delayed. Over 6 months, galantamine provided a broad spectrum of benefits to patients with 'advanced moderate' AD...
- The efficacy of donepezil in the treatment of neuropsychiatric symptoms in Alzheimer diseaseC Holmes
Memory Assessment and Research Centre, University of Southampton, Clinical Neurosciences Research Division, Moorgreen Hospital, Botley Rd, Southampton, UK
Neurology 63:214-9. 2004..To determine the efficacy of donepezil in the treatment of neuropsychiatric symptoms in patients with Alzheimer disease (AD) in a randomized withdrawal study...
- 'Smart drugs': do they work? Are they ethical? Will they be legal?Steven P R Rose
Brain and Behaviour Research Group at The Open University, Milton Keynes MK7 6AA, UK
Nat Rev Neurosci 3:975-9. 2002
- Efficacy and safety of galantamine in patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease: multicentre randomised controlled trial. Galantamine International-1 Study GroupG K Wilcock
Department of Care of the Elderly, Frenchay Hospital, University of Bristol, Bristol BS16 1LE
BMJ 321:1445-9. 2000..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of galantamine in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease...
- Donepezil in Alzheimer's disease: eighteen month results from Southampton Memory ClinicH P Matthews
Southampton Memory Clinic, Moorgreen Hospital, Southampton SO30 3JB, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 15:713-20. 2000..Continued benefit was seen for up to 18 months in the selected group of patients who initially responded in treatment...
- How many patients complete an adequate trial of donepezil?Catherine M Roe
Outcomes Research, Express Scripts, Inc, Maryland Heights, Missouri, 3043, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 16:49-51. 2002..627 +/-.124. Additionally, 13.9% of those who continued therapy for at least 180 days showed gaps in treatment of six weeks or more. These results suggest that adherence with donepezil could be improved in clinical practice...
- Regulation of neuronal function by choline and 4OH-GTS-21 through alpha 7 nicotinic receptorsVladimir V Uteshev
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Florida College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0267, USA
J Neurophysiol 89:1797-806. 2003....
- Treatment of vascular dementia: evidence from trials with non-cholinergic drugsLeonardo Pantoni
Azienda Ospedaliera Careggi and University of Florence, Florence, Italy
J Neurol Sci 226:67-70. 2004..This selective focus seems to be better suited for disclosing specific treatments in the field of VaD...
- CDP-choline, but not cytidine, protects hippocampal CA1 neurones in the gerbil following transient forebrain ischaemiaP Grieb
Laboratory of Experimental Pharmacology, Medical Research Centre, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warszawa
Folia Neuropathol 39:141-5. 2001..The choline moiety of CDP-choline appears to be essential for the neuroprotective properties of the drug...
- Efficacy of donepezil on maintenance of activities of daily living in patients with moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease and the effect on caregiver burdenHoward Feldman
Division of Neurology, UBC Hospital, Clinic for Alzheimer s Disease and Related Disorders, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Am Geriatr Soc 51:737-44. 2003....
- [Early diagnosis and treatment of Alzheimer's disease. Implementation in the doctor's office]J Kohler
Neurologische Universitatsklinik, Ulm
Fortschr Med Orig 120:135-41. 2002..They therefore provide the basis for a modern diagnostic work-up and treatment strategy, which will also meet economical demands...
- Comparative analysis of mortality in patients with Alzheimer's disease treated with donepezil and galantamineDolors Capellà
Age Ageing 36:234; author reply 235. 2007
- Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors for vascular dementia and Alzheimer's disease combined with cerebrovascular diseaseJohn V Bowler
Department of Neurology, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Stroke 34:584-6. 2003
- Cholinesterase inhibitors in the clinical management of Alzheimer's disease: importance of early and persistent treatmentB Seltzer
Alzheimer s Disease and Memory Disorders Center, Department of Psychiatry and Neurology, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
J Int Med Res 34:339-47. 2006..This article identifies barriers to early recognition and effective care of patients with Alzheimer's disease and discusses practical strategies to overcome them...
- [Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors for dementia--an update]Ion Anghelescu
Klinik und Hochschulambulanz für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Charite Berlin
MMW Fortschr Med 149:76-8. 2007..The three substances differ in their efficacy and their pharmacological properties. AChE inhibitors should be used for long-term treatment. The clinical course should be monitored every six months...
- Efficacy of cognitive rehabilitation in patients with mild cognitive impairment treated with cholinesterase inhibitorsLuca Rozzini
Department of Neurology, University of Brescia, Italy
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:356-60. 2007..The high rate of conversion from MCI to AD makes early treatment an important clinical issue. Recent evidence suggests that cognitive training intervention may reduce the rate of progression to AD...
- [Medical treatment of Alzheimer's disease]Peter Johannsen
H S Hukommelsesklinikken, Neurologisk Klinik, H S Rigshospitalet, København Ø
Ugeskr Laeger 168:3424-9. 2006..The life expectancy does not seem to be altered. There is documented effect on the cholinesterase inhibitors of up to two years and for memantine for 6 months. New disease modifying agents are under clinical development...
- HIPPOCAMPAL FUNCTION DURING CORTICOSTEROID THERAPYE Sherwood Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004..Through this award, the Pl will extend his previous research experience by adding new skills and knowledge which will be used for investigations at the interface of neuroscience and clinical research. ..
- Evaluation of Antioxidant Suppl in Focal CNS IschemiaWayne Clark; Fiscal Year: 2003..The information obtained from this project will be critical in planning future clinical stroke trials involving these agents. ..
- Cocaine Withdrawal and Pharmacotherapy ResponseMehmet Sofuoglu; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal, by testing the efficacy of carvedilol and investigating the influence of withdrawal severity on carvedilol's efficacy, may result in development of more effective treatments for cocaine addiction. ..
- Progestrone and the Effects of NicotineMehmet Sofuoglu; Fiscal Year: 2006..By characterizing the progesterone effects on nicotine dependence, this study may provide a better understanding of the mechanisms which mediate the sex and menstrual cycle phase effects on nicotine dependence. ..
- GABA Medications for Tobacco AddictionMehmet Sofuoglu; Fiscal Year: 2009..The findings of this study will provide valuable information to develop new pharmacotherapies for smoking cessation. ..
- Kinase Inhibitors against NeurodegenerationGary Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Treating Asthma Patients with Major Depressive DisorderE Sherwood Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Integrin and LTP ConsolidationGary Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Diethanolamine, brain development and adult memorySteven Zeisel; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Naltrexone for Bipolar Disorder and Alcohol DependenceE Sherwood Brown; Fiscal Year: 2006..Alcohol use is the primary outcome, and alcohol craving is the secondary outcome. Manic and depressive symptom severity and the relationship between changes in alcohol use and changes in mood will be expIored. ..
- NUTRITIONAL BIOCHEMISTRY AND EPIDEMIOLOGY OF CANCERSteven Zeisel; Fiscal Year: 2006..We are requesting two postdoctoral and six predoctoral trainee positions each year for this purpose. ..
- Integrins and LTP consolidationGary Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of these experiments are expected to provide a strong test of a specific hypothesis regarding how LTP, and therefore possibly memory, becomes consolidated. ..
- CDP-choline: Mechanisms in Cerebral IschemiaRAO ADIBHATLA; Fiscal Year: 2006..Arachidonic acid activates neutral sphingomyelinase, resulting in membrane disintegration. PCCT activity was stimulated by exogenous CDP-choline. Aim 2 will be tested in gerbil transient forebrain ischemia. ..
- Pilot Study of Huperzine A in Alzheimer's DiseasePaul Aisen; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Alzheimer's Disease Prevention Trial with EstrogensMary Sano; Fiscal Year: 2007..This trial may represent the very last chance to determine if estrogen can have a benefit in dementia prevention and memory protection. ..
- RSA Lecture SeriesJennifer Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pharmacotherapy for Minor DepressionRobert Howland; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study will have profound public health implications by improving our understanding of the efficacy of SJW and standard antidepressants for the treatment of MinorD. ..
- Geriatric Depression: Getting Better, Getting WellCharles Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2008..This is an amended (A2) competing continuation of (MH37869-21). ..
- Institute for Research Minority Training on Mental HealthJacobo Mintzer; Fiscal Year: 2007..We expect this effort to be the incubator for a new generation of minority researchers dedicated to the study mental health and aging. ..
- NEUROGENETICS AND BEHAVIOR CENTERMichela Gallagher; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Predictors of Alzheimers Disease in Mild Cognitive ImpairmentOscar Lopez; Fiscal Year: 2007..g., structural and perfusion MRI, plasma beta-amyloid) and the factors that modify the risk to express the clinical syndrome takes on an added importance. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Improving memory after hippocampal cell lossMARK BARDGETT; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results may shed light on new directions in the treatment of memory disorders, and the proposed work will also enhance education in biomedical research among college undergraduates in Kentucky. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Comorbid Substance Abuse and Long-Term Health Outcomes in SchizophreniaDEANNA KELLY; Fiscal Year: 2008..This will be an important step for improving the lives of people with schizophrenia. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neurobiology of Dopamine in SchizophreniaJeffrey Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- D-Cycloserine Enhancement of Exposure in Social PhobiaMark H Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study addresses an important public health issue by assessing an intervention that may lead to a more efficient and effective application of empirically based psychosocial interventions for the treatment of SAD. ..
- Comparative Effectiveness Study for Bipolar DisorderAndrew A Nierenberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..The two treatments will be the second generation antipsychotic mood stabilizer quetiapine and the classic mood stabilizer lithium. In addition to quetiapine or lithium, participants can be treated with other medications as needed. ..
- Effects of Chemotherapy on Brain FunctionWilliam J Jagust; Fiscal Year: 2010..They are also relevant to the overall mission of the NIH because of the negative impact that cognitive dysfunction has on quality of life. ..
- Juvenile Bipolar Disorder and Substance AbuseTimothy E Wilens; Fiscal Year: 2010..Since BPD is identifiable and treatable, findings from the four-year follow-up will provide valuable information to formulate prevention and early intervention strategies. ..
- Morphine versus Methadone as First Line Strong Opioid for Cancer PainEduardo Bruera; Fiscal Year: 2009..Relevance to Public Health: In this study, we will test if methadone is better than morphine in cancer pain control, quality of life, and is more cost-effective. ..
- Amyloid Imaging in Frontotemporal Dementia and Alzheimer's DiseaseWilliam Jagust; Fiscal Year: 2009..PIB could become a diagnostic tool that is useful in diagnosing AD and FTLD during life. This will be especially important as new treatments for both disorders are developed. ..
- Neonatal Ethanol-Induced Memory Impairments in RatsPamela Hunt; Fiscal Year: 2009..The potential for amelioration of these cognitive deficits using both behavioral and pharmacological strategies will provide important information regarding treatment approaches for afflicted individuals. ..
- BASAL GANGLIA OUTPUT AND PSYCHOSTIMULANT ABUSEHeinz Steiner; Fiscal Year: 2009..This work will help establish an improved cellular framework necessary to understand and successfully treat cocaine addiction. ..
- Molecular and Functional Imaging of Age Related Cognitive DeclineWilliam Jagust; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Creation and demonstration of a palliative care research cooperative groupJean S Kutner; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- SYNAPTIC ALTERATIONS AFTER HYPOGLYCEMIC SEIZURESKelvin Yamada; Fiscal Year: 2008..Understanding mechanisms of diabetes/diabetes complication-induced brain dysfunction may lead to new targets for treatment interventions to prevent or retard cognitive impairment in diabetes. ..
- Topiramate for alcohol and cocaine dependenceKyle Kampman; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Do Housing Conditions Influence Learning & Retention of a Working Memory Task?JAMES CHURCHILL; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Behavior/Drug Interactions in Striatal gene RegulationHeinz Steiner; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies should provide new insights into how the behavior executed during the drug action can influence drug-induced neuroplasticity in the striaturn. ..
- DO HIGH DOSE B VITAMINS DELAY AGE-RELATED DECAYBruce Ames; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Plasma Markers of Dietry Intervention to Delay Cognitiv*JAE KANG; Fiscal Year: 2005..Importantly, results from the proposed grant will lay the groundwork for a future, large-scale comprehensive study to examine dietary interventions to delay cognitive function. ..
- Tuning-Up Human MetabolismBruce Ames; Fiscal Year: 2005..Previous results showed that high doses of key mitochondrial metabolites delay mitochondrial decay and involve Km. 4) Minimizing DNA damage and cancer by optimizing micronutrient levels, particularly in the elderly. ..
- Pharmacotherapy for Minor DepressionAndrew Nierenberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study will have profound public health implications by improving our understanding of the efficacy of SJW and standard antidepressants for the treatment of MinorD. ..
- TREATMENT OF SOCIAL PHOBIA--MEDIATORS AND MODERATORSStefan Hofmann; Fiscal Year: 2002..The main hypothesis is that perceived emotional control will mediate treatment outcome and generality of effectiveness independent of the specific treatment condition. ..
- Society for the Study of Ingestive Behavior Annual MeetTimothy Moran; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- DM1-Monoclonal Antibody ConjugatesCharles Hutchinson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Therefore, a successful outcome of our research would meet the needs for preclinical and clinical development at a far lower cost than the current DM1 synthesis that is the only source of this cytotoxin. ..
- Impact of Trauma of Terroist Attack on Bipolar PatientsMark Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- PAR04-122 Satellite Animal Facility Construction ProjectJeffrey Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2009..The design will meet all NIH guidelines for the care and use of laboratory animals and health and safety regulations for staff. ..
- PET, APOE & The Preclinical Course of Alzheimer DiseaseEric Reiman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Clozapine Treatment of Schizophrenic PatientsRobert Buchanan; Fiscal Year: 2006..The study will provide new information on the clinical utility of adjunctive risperidone in treatment-resistant patients who fail to adequately respond to clozapine. ..
- LONG TERM DRUG ABUSE IN ADHDTimothy Wilens; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Behavioral Genetics and Toxic ResponseEdward Levin; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- ATTENTION, CORTICAL ACH RELEASE AND NEURONAL ACTIVITYMartin Sarter; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GENETIC LINKAGE OF AUDITORY GATINGKaren Stevens; Fiscal Year: 2001..Such information could be important in understanding of the etiology of the disorder and in determining future therapeutic interventions. ..
- MALDI-TOF MASS SPECTROMETERBruce Ames; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Improving Outcomes in Pharmacotherapy of Social PhobiaMark Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2009..It thus directly addresses a critical public health issue that adversely affects a substantial proportion of the population. ..
- Depressoin in Alzheimer's Disease Study-2 (DIADS-2)Jacobo Mintzer; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- THE FUNCTIONAL SIGNIFICANCE OF HIPPOCAMPAL SPROUTINGJulio Ramirez; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed project will explore whether changes in brain cell connectivity may contribute to some of the behavioral alterations that are associated with schizophrenia. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DELAYING MITOCHONDRIAL DECAY WITH CARNITINE AND LIPOATEBruce Ames; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Metalloproteome of the Aging Rat Brain MitochondriaBruce Ames; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, this work has significant potential to integrate numerous aspects of mitochondrial metabolism and physiology and reveal novel opportunities for combating aging-related decline. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Aging and Sites of Action of Cognition-Enhancing DrugsDIANA WOODRUFF PAK; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will likely support hypotheses about ACh mechanisms in learning and memory and may identify the cerebellum as an additional site of drug action. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Neuronal Regeneration after Stroke in a Novel Neurovascular NicheSTANLEY THOMAS CARMICHAEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..An understanding of the molecules that promote this neural stem cell response after stroke will help develop novel therapies to promote replacement of brain cells in this disease. ..
- Predicting Transitions Among Community-Dwelling EldersIlene Zuckerman; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- MR SPECTROSCOPIC IMAGING DURING METHADONE MAINTENANCEMark Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- REPRESENTATION OF TEMPORAL INFORMATIONCATALIN BUHUSI; Fiscal Year: 2009..This information is crucial to assessing the value/efficiency of potential treatment strategies in animal models of such disorders. ..
- TARDIVE DYSKINESIA INCIDENCE AND ATYPICAL ANTIPSYCHOTICScott Woods; Fiscal Year: 2004..The existence of a previous sample at the same site provides a useful additional comparison group. Methods including sample ascertainment and TD assessment are closely modeled after the original work. ..
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY IN NEURODEGENERATIONRussell Swerdlow; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Methylphenidate for Fatigue in Advanced Cancer PatientsEduardo Bruera; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Light Treatment for Sleep/Wake Disturbances ADJerome Yesavage; Fiscal Year: 2008..Outcome will be documented by objective circadian activity rhythm parameters and standard sleep/wake measures both assessed by actigraphy. ..
- Prevention of post-stroke depression-treatment strategyRobert Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- AGING AND DEMENTIA--LONGITUDINAL COURSE OF SUBGROUPSBarry Reisberg; Fiscal Year: 2002..Collectively, these cohorts include over 1300 persons. The comprehensive evaluations include behavioral, mental status, neuropsychologic, neurologic, neuroimaging, electrophysiologic, and postmortem studies. ..