Genomes and Genes
non narcotic analgesics
Summary: Drugs that have principally analgesic, antipyretic, and anti-inflammatory actions. They do not bind to opioid receptors and are not classified under the Controlled Substances Act. (From Drug Evaluations Annual, 1992, p109)
Publications210 found, 100 shown here
- Acetaminophen and the U.S. Acute Liver Failure Study Group: lowering the risks of hepatic failureWilliam M Lee
Division of Digestive and Liver Diseases, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, 75390 9151, USA
Hepatology 40:6-9. 2004..It still must be asked: Is this amount of injury and death really acceptable for an over-the-counter pain reliever?..
- Aminotransferase elevations in healthy adults receiving 4 grams of acetaminophen daily: a randomized controlled trialPaul B Watkins
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
JAMA 296:87-93. 2006..During a clinical trial of a novel hydrocodone/acetaminophen combination, a high incidence of serum alanine aminotransferase (ALT) elevations was observed...
- Paracetamol plus ibuprofen for the treatment of fever in children (PITCH): randomised controlled trialAlastair D Hay
Academic Unit of Primary Health Care, NIHR National School for Primary Care Research, Department of Community Based Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 2AA
BMJ 337:a1302. 2008..To investigate whether paracetamol (acetaminophen) plus ibuprofen are superior to either drug alone for increasing time without fever and the relief of fever associated discomfort in febrile children managed at home...
- Acetaminophen hepatotoxicity and mechanisms of its protection by N-acetylcysteine: a study of Hep3B cellsIrena Manov
Pediatric Research and Electron Microscopy Unit, Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Exp Toxicol Pathol 53:489-500. 2002..NAC protects Hep3B cells from AAP-induced oxidative injury, but does not prevent apoptosis...
- Asthma morbidity after the short-term use of ibuprofen in childrenSamuel M Lesko
Slone Epidemiology Unit, School of Public Health, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Pediatrics 109:E20. 2002..To test the hypothesis that short-term use of ibuprofen increases asthma morbidity in children...
- Fever phobia revisited: have parental misconceptions about fever changed in 20 years?M Crocetti
Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Pediatrics 107:1241-6. 2001....
- Acetaminophen hepatoxicity: what do we know, what don't we know, and what do we do next?Neil Kaplowitz
Hepatology 40:23-6. 2004
- Role of CCR2 in macrophage migration into the liver during acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity in the mouseDonna M Dambach
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Hepatology 35:1093-103. 2002..In conclusion, these data indicate that MCP-1 and CCR2 contribute to the recruitment of a subset of activated macrophages into the liver during acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity that may be important in resolution of tissue injury...
- Guidelines for the management of paracetamol poisoning in Australia and New Zealand--explanation and elaboration. A consensus statement from clinical toxicologists consulting to the Australasian poisons information centresFrank F S Daly
Emergency Medicine, Royal Perth Hospital, and University of Western Australia, Perth, WA, Australia
Med J Aust 188:296-301. 2008..This article summarises the rationale for the recommendations made in these new guidelines...
- A risk quantification instrument for acute acetaminophen overdose patients treated with N-acetylcysteineMarco L A Sivilotti
Department of Emergency Medicine, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Ann Emerg Med 46:263-71. 2005..We quantitatively estimate the risk of hepatotoxicity based on the degree and duration of pretreatment exposure to supratherapeutic concentrations of acetaminophen...
- Acetaminophen misconceptionsBarry H Rumack
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Greenwood Village, CO 80121, USA
Hepatology 40:10-5. 2004..CYP2E1 and glutathione must be evaluated simultaneously rather than in isolation. Glucuronidation capacity in humans is not a factor except in massively overdosed patients...
- Paracetamol use in pregnancy and wheezing in early childhoodS O Shaheen
Department of Public Health Sciences, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, King s College, London, SE1 3QD, UK
Thorax 57:958-63. 2002..We recently reported links between frequent paracetamol (acetaminophen) use and wheezing and asthma in adults and children, but data are lacking on possible effects of prenatal exposure on wheezing in early childhood...
- Single patient (n-of-1) trials with binary treatment preferenceP J Schluter
Longitudinal Studies Unit, School of Population Health, The University of Queensland, Herston, QLD 4006, Australia
Stat Med 24:2625-36. 2005..Two clinically interpretable criteria for determining a patient's response are detailed and illustrated using data from a previously published paper under two different prior information scenarios...
- Effects of legislation restricting pack sizes of paracetamol and salicylate on self poisoning in the United Kingdom: before and after studyK Hawton
Centre for Suicide Research, University Department of Psychiatry, Warneford Hospital, Oxford OX3 7JX, UK
BMJ 322:1203-7. 2001..CONCLUSION: Legislation restricting pack sizes of paracetamol and salicylates in the United Kingdom has had substantial beneficial effects on mortality and morbidity associated with self poisoning using these drugs...
- Acetaminophen and the risk of asthma: the epidemiologic and pathophysiologic evidenceIhuoma Eneli
Department of Pediatrics and Human Development, Michigan State University, B220 Clinical Center Bldg, East Lansing, MI 48824 1313, USA
Chest 127:604-12. 2005..This article reviews the existing literature and evaluates the epidemiologic and pathophysiologic evidence underlying a possible link between acetaminophen and asthma...
- Intracellular signaling mechanisms of acetaminophen-induced liver cell deathHartmut Jaeschke
Liver Research Institute, University of Arizona, College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona 85737, USA
Toxicol Sci 89:31-41. 2006....
- The safety of acetaminophen and ibuprofen among children younger than two years oldS M Lesko
Slone Epidemiology Unit, Boston University School of Medicine, Brookline, Massachusetts 02446, USA
Pediatrics 104:e39. 1999..Recently ibuprofen has been introduced as a nonprescription analgesic/antipyretic for use in children...
- Acetaminophen toxicity: suicidal vs. accidentalGeeta G Gyamlani
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Crit Care 6:155-9. 2002..The aim of our study was to determine the epidemiology of various types of acetaminophen poisoning and analyze their outcome compared with their admission characteristics...
- Celecoxib compared with sustained-release paracetamol for osteoarthritis: a series of n-of-1 trialsM J Yelland
School of Medicine, Logan Campus, Griffith University, University Drive, Meadowbrook Qld 4131, Australia
Rheumatology (Oxford) 46:135-40. 2007..To assess the use of n-of-1 trials for short-term choice of drugs for osteoarthritis, with particular reference to comparing the efficacy of sustained-release [SR] paracetamol with celecoxib in individual patients...
- Infections, medication use, and the prevalence of symptoms of asthma, rhinitis, and eczema in childhoodCatherine Cohet
Centre for Public Health Research, Research School of Public Health, Massey University Wellington Campus, Private Box 756, Wellington, New Zealand
J Epidemiol Community Health 58:852-7. 2004..The "hygiene hypothesis" postulates that infections during infancy may protect against asthma and atopy. There is also some evidence that antibiotic and/or paracetamol use may increase the risk of asthma...
- Physicians', nurses', and parents' attitudes to and knowledge about fever in early childhoodMichael Sarrell
Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petah Tiqva, 49100, Israel
Patient Educ Couns 46:61-5. 2002..0%) as physicians. Parents and some nurses consider fever a risk factor for serious morbidity, mostly febrile convulsions and brain damage, even though these associations have long since been disproven...
- Prospective study of acetaminophen use and newly diagnosed asthma among womenR Graham Barr
Division of General Medicine, Department of Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 169:836-41. 2004....
- [Use of alternating antipyretics in the treatment of fever in Spain]J Diez Domingo
Centro de Salud de Nazaret, Valencia, Spain
An Esp Pediatr 55:503-10. 2001..To assess the frequency of the use of alternating antipyretics among Spanish pediatricians and to analyze the factors that determine this practice...
- Alternating acetaminophen and ibuprofen in the febrile child: examination of the evidence regarding efficacy and safetySheri M Carson
Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Pediatr Nurs 29:379-82. 2003
- Alternating antipyretics: is this an alternative?C E Mayoral
Department of Pediatrics, Winthrop University Hopsital, Mineola, New York, USA
Pediatrics 105:1009-12. 2000..To identify current fever management strategies and their basis, and to assess the frequency of alternating acetaminophen and ibuprofen...
- Effects of lornoxicam, piroxicam, and meloxicam in a model of thermal hindpaw hyperalgesia induced by formalin injection in rat tailMauro Bianchi
Department of Pharmacology, University of Milano, 20129 Milano, Via Vanvitelli 32, Italy
Pharmacol Res 45:101-5. 2002..Finally, they suggest that our experimental model of thermal hindpaw hyperalgesia can be effectively utilized to assess the ability of different drugs to reduce central sensitization, and thus hyperalgesia...
- Comparison of oral versus normal and high-dose rectal acetaminophen in the treatment of febrile childrenDennis Scolnik
Division of Emergency Services, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pediatrics 110:553-6. 2002..To compare the defervescent effect of high-dose rectal suppository acetaminophen with the recommended oral and rectal dosages and to evaluate acceptability of rectal acetaminophen...
- Do individualized medication effectiveness tests (n-of-1 trials) change clinical decisions about which drugs to use for osteoarthritis and chronic pain?C Jane Nikles
Discipline of General Practice, The University of Queensland, Herston, Queensland, Australia
Am J Ther 12:92-7. 2005..Our results provide a new (individual) perspective on the well-known recommendation for paracetamol as first-line treatment for chronic pain and demonstrate that it is feasible to provide IMETs nationally by mail and telephone...
- Prenatal acetaminophen exposure and risk of wheeze at age 5 years in an urban low-income cohortMatthew S Perzanowski
Columbia Center for Children s Environmental Health CCCEH, New York, NY 10032, USA
Thorax 65:118-23. 2010....
- COX-3, a cyclooxygenase-1 variant inhibited by acetaminophen and other analgesic/antipyretic drugs: cloning, structure, and expressionN V Chandrasekharan
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, E280 Benson Science Building, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT 84602, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:13926-31. 2002..Thus, inhibition of COX-3 could represent a primary central mechanism by which these drugs decrease pain and possibly fever...
- The effect of preoperative acetaminophen or a combination of acetaminophen and Ibuprofen on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block for teeth with irreversible pulpitisStaci R Ianiro
Department of Endodontics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
J Endod 33:11-4. 2007..9% for the acetaminophen and ibuprofen group, and 46.2% for the placebo group. There was no significant difference between the groups; however, there was a trend toward higher success in the medication groups...
- Elevated maternal and fetal serum interleukin-6 levels are associated with epidural feverLaura Goetzl
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baylor College of Medicine, 6550 Fannin Street, Suite 901, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 187:834-8. 2002..The study was performed to explore the evidence for a noninfectious inflammatory cause for epidural fever...
- Substances used in deliberate self-poisoning 1985-1997: trends and associations with age, gender, repetition and suicide intentE Townsend
Centre for Suicide Research, Department of Psychiatry, Oxford University, Warneford Hospital, UK
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 36:228-34. 2001..Degree of suicidal intent may also influence choice of method of self-poisoning...
- Retail supply of malaria-related drugs in rural Tanzania: risks and opportunitiesCatherine Goodman
Health Policy Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK
Trop Med Int Health 9:655-63. 2004....
- Perioperative pharmacodynamics of acetaminophen analgesia in childrenB J Anderson
Department of Anaesthesia, Auckland Children s Hospital, New Zealand
Anesthesiology 90:411-21. 1999..There are no adequate pharmacodynamic data relating concentrations of acetaminophen in serum to analgesia...
- Acetaminophen availability increases in Canada with no increase in the incidence of reports of inpatient hospitalizations with acetaminophen overdose and acute liver toxicityMary Jane Prior
Research and Development, McNeil Consumer and Specialty Pharmaceuticals, Fort Washington, Pennsylvania 19034, USA
Am J Ther 11:443-52. 2004..09, P = 0.3589). In conclusion, the decision to lift Canadian place-of-sale restrictions increased acetaminophen availability and did not increase the rate of reported hospitalizations related to acetaminophen overdose toxicity...
- Analgesic efficacy of rectal versus oral acetaminophen in children after major craniofacial surgeryC D Van der Marel
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Sophia Children's Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Pharmacol Ther 70:82-90. 2001..These data also show that, after a rectal loading dose of 40 mg/kg has been given during surgery, the best way of administering acetaminophen after craniofacial surgery is the rectal route...
- Acetaminophen, aspirin, and chronic renal failureC M Fored
Department of Medical Epidemiology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
N Engl J Med 345:1801-8. 2001..Several epidemiologic studies have demonstrated an association between heavy consumption of nonnarcotic analgesics and the occurrence of chronic renal failure, but it is unclear which is the cause and which is the effect..
- Mechanism of action of acetaminophen: is there a cyclooxygenase 3?R M Botting
William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s and Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
Clin Infect Dis 31:S202-10. 2000..Therefore COX-3 may be a product of the same gene that encodes COX-2, but have different molecular characteristics...
- Prolonged treatment with N-acetylcystine delays liver recovery from acetaminophen hepatotoxicityRunkuan Yang
Department of Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical School, 3550 Terrace Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Crit Care 13:R55. 2009..Therefore, we hypothesize that prolonged treatment with NAC impairs liver regeneration in ALI induced by APAP...
- Prophylactically-administered rectal acetaminophen does not reduce postoperative opioid requirements in infants and small children undergoing elective cleft palate repairD H Bremerich
Clinics of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine, and Pain Therapy, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat Frankfurt, Germany
Anesth Analg 92:907-12. 2001....
- Prophylactic antipyretic treatment with acetaminophen in acute ischemic stroke: a pilot studyH C Koennecke
Neurologische Abteilung, Stroke Unit, Universitatsklinikum Benjamin Franklin, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
Neurology 57:2301-3. 2001..0% in the acetaminophen group (Fisher's exact test, p = 0.014). Prophylactic antipyretic treatment with acetaminophen may be effective in the prevention of fever after acute ischemic stroke...
- A randomized, double-blind, crossover clinical trial of diclofenac plus misoprostol versus acetaminophen in patients with osteoarthritis of the hip or kneeT Pincus
Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232-4500, USA
Arthritis Rheum 44:1587-98. 2001..Acetaminophen was associated with fewer adverse events...
- EMLA cream versus dorsal penile nerve block for postcircumcision analgesia in childrenW Y Choi
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital, Chai Wan, Hong Kong
Anesth Analg 96:396-9, table of contents. 2003..We conclude that preoperative application of EMLA cream is an effective and simple method to produce postcircumcision analgesia with a very small incidence of adverse effects...
- The effect of paracetamol on nociception and dynorphin A levels in the rat brainM Sandrini
Department of Biomedical Science, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Neuropeptides 35:110-6. 2001..Paracetamol seems to exert its antinociceptive effect also through the opioidergic system modulating dynorphin release in the central nervous system (CNS) of the rat, as suggested by the decrease in the peptide levels...
- Using n-of-1 trials as a clinical tool to improve prescribingC Jane Nikles
Discipline of General Practice, University of Queensland Medical School, Herston, Queensland 4006, Australia
Br J Gen Pract 55:175-80. 2005..We have investigated the use of these, offered to doctors as individualised medication effectiveness tests (IMETs), as a tool to improve drug prescribing...
- Effect of paracetamol (acetaminophen) and ibuprofen on body temperature in acute ischemic stroke PISA, a phase II double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial [ISRCTN98608690]Diederik W J Dippel
Department of Neurology, Erasmus Medical Center, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 3:2. 2003..The purpose of the present trial was to study whether this effect of acetaminophen could be reproduced, and whether ibuprofen would have a similar, or even stronger effect...
- Children's ibuprofen suspension for the acute treatment of pediatric migraineDonald W Lewis
Division of Pediatric Neurology, Norfolk, VA 23510, USA
Headache 42:780-6. 2002..To compare the efficacy of a single over-the-counter dose (7.5 mg/kg, p.o.) of children's ibuprofen suspension vs. placebo for the acute treatment of pediatric migraine...
- The association of acetaminophen, aspirin, and ibuprofen with respiratory disease and lung functionTricia M McKeever
Division of Epidemiology and Public Health, Clinical Science Building, City Hospital, Hucknall Road, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 171:966-71. 2005..We hypothesized that acetaminophen use may also be associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and decreased lung function...
- DHE in the pharmacotherapy of migraine: potential for a larger roleJoel R Saper
Michigan Head Pain and Neurological Institute, Ann Arbor, USA
Headache 46:S212-20. 2006..This article reviews the rationale for the use of DHE in these common, often difficult-to-treat migraine forms...
- Mechanism of action and value of N-acetylcysteine in the treatment of early and late acetaminophen poisoning: a critical reviewA L Jones
Scottish Poisons Information Bureau, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Scotland
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 36:277-85. 1998..The mechanism of action of N-acetylcysteine in early acetaminophen poisoning is well understood, but much remains to be learned of the mechanism of its possible benefit in acetaminophen poisoning presenting beyond 15 hours...
- Prophylactic treatment of pediatric migraineDonald W Lewis
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Neurology, Children s Hospital of the King s Daughters, Norfolk, VA 23510, USA
Headache 44:230-7. 2004..Management requires a tailored regimen of pharmacological and behavioral measures that consider the headache burden and disability. Patients with frequent or disabling attacks (or both) may warrant preventive agents...
- A rationale for combining acetaminophen and NSAIDs for mild-to-moderate painR D Altman
David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 1000 Veteran Avenue, Rehabilitation Building, Box 951361, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Clin Exp Rheumatol 22:110-7. 2004..Further studies are warranted to determine the clinical utility and safety of acetaminophen/NSAID combinations as analgesic therapy for common conditions associated with mild-to-moderate pain...
- [Antinociceptive mechanism of action of paracetamol]Jérôme Bonnefont
INSERM E9904, Pharmacologie Fondamentale et Clinique de la Douleur, Faculte de Medecine, 63000 Clermont Ferrand, France
Drugs 63:1-4. 2003..These hypotheses have yet to be confirmed by further studies. Until then, the primary pharmacological mechanism underlying the analgesic effect of paracetamol has still to be clearly defined...
- Propacetamol versus ketorolac for treatment of acute postoperative pain after total hip or knee replacementT J Zhou
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Texas 75390-9068, USA
Anesth Analg 92:1569-75. 2001..In conclusion, propacetamol (2 g IV) possesses a similar analgesic efficacy to ketorolac (15 or 30 mg IV) after total hip or knee replacement surgery...
- Antipyretic treatment in young children with fever: acetaminophen, ibuprofen, or both alternating in a randomized, double-blind studyE Michael Sarrell
Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 160:197-202. 2006..To compare the antipyretic benefit of acetaminophen or ibuprofen monotherapy with an alternating regimen of both drugs in young children aged 6 to 36 months...
- Randomised controlled trial of combined paracetamol and ibuprofen for feverM D S Erlewyn-Lajeunesse
Clinical Sciences at South Bristol, Faculty of Medicine, University of Bristol, UK
Arch Dis Child 91:414-6. 2006..The advantage of using both medications is less than half a degree centigrade in the first hour, and insufficient to warrant routine use...
- Alternating ibuprofen and acetaminophen in the treatment of febrile children: a pilot study [ISRCTN30487061]Mona M Nabulsi
Department of Pediatrics, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
BMC Med 4:4. 2006....
- Analgesic efficacy of rectal acetaminophen and ibuprofen alone or in combination for paediatric day-case adenoidectomyH Viitanen
Department of Anaesthesia, Central Hospital of Seinajoki, Seinajoki, Finland
Br J Anaesth 91:363-7. 2003..We investigated if combining rectal acetaminophen with ibuprofen would provide better postoperative analgesia compared with either drug alone after adenoidectomy in children...
- Paracetamol poisoning--impact of pack size restrictionsB Hughes
Birmingham Medical School, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
J Clin Pharm Ther 28:307-10. 2003..Pack sizes of paracetamol available to the public were reduced by legislation in 1998...
- Acetaminophen: risk-management urgently requiredT M MacDonald
Division of Medicine and Therapeutics, Medicines Monitoring Unit, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee DD1 9SY, United Kingdom
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:406-9. 2006
- Initial and subsequent dosing of rectal acetaminophen in children: a 24-hour pharmacokinetic study of new dose recommendationsP K Birmingham
Northwestern University at Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois 60614 3394, USA
Anesthesiology 94:385-9. 2001....
- The efficacy of pain control following nonsurgical root canal treatment using ibuprofen or a combination of ibuprofen and acetaminophen in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyK A Menhinick
Private Practice Limited to Endodontics, Washington, DC, USA
Int Endod J 37:531-41. 2004..It is hypothesized that the drug combination will provide more postoperative pain relief than the placebo or ibuprofen alone...
- A double-blinded evaluation of propacetamol versus ketorolac in combination with patient-controlled analgesia morphine: analgesic efficacy and tolerability after gynecologic surgeryG Varrassi
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management, University of L Aquila, Italy
Anesth Analg 88:611-6. 1999..There were two adverse events in the propacetamol group and four in the ketorolac group. Propacetamol demonstrates an efficacy similar to that of ketorolac and has an excellent tolerability after gynecologic surgery...
- Does paracetamol cause asthma in children? Time to remove the guessworkR Graham Barr
Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Lancet 372:1011-2. 2008
- Distinct roles of NF-kappaB p50 in the regulation of acetaminophen-induced inflammatory mediator production and hepatotoxicityDonna M Dambach
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Rutgers University, 160 Frelinghuysen Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 211:157-65. 2006..However, NF-kappaB p50-dependent responses do not appear to play a major role in the pathogenesis of toxicity in this model...
- Double blind randomized placebo control trial of controlled release codeine in the treatment of osteoarthritis of the hip or kneeP M Peloso
Royal University Hospital, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
J Rheumatol 27:764-71. 2000..Pain is the cardinal feature of osteoarthritis (OA), and with advancing disease there is loss of function and increasing pain even at times of joint rest. Few studies have evaluated the role of opioid analgesics in treating the pain of OA...
- PAIS: paracetamol (acetaminophen) in stroke; protocol for a randomized, double blind clinical trial [ISCRTN 74418480]Eric J van Breda
Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 5:24. 2005..3 degrees C (95% CI: 0.1-0.5) in body temperature. We set out to test the hypothesis that early antipyretic therapy reduces the risk of death or dependency in patients with acute stroke, even if they are normothermic...
- The IPSO study: ibuprofen, paracetamol study in osteoarthritis. A randomised comparative clinical study comparing the efficacy and safety of ibuprofen and paracetamol analgesic treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee or hipF Boureau
Centre d Evaluation et de Traitement de la Douleur, Saint Antoine Hospital, Paris, France
Ann Rheum Dis 63:1028-34. 2004..To compare the analgesic efficacy of single and multiple doses of ibuprofen with that of paracetamol in patients with knee or hip osteoarthritis (IPSO study)...
- Paracetamol, antioxidants and asthmaA Fogarty
Clin Exp Allergy 35:700-2. 2005
- Lifetime nonnarcotic analgesic use and decline in renal function in womenGary C Curhan
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:1519-24. 2004..However, limited prospective information is available on the long-term effects of aspirin, other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), and acetaminophen on renal function...
- Safety and efficacy of N-acetylcysteine in children with non-acetaminophen-induced acute liver failureChristine Kortsalioudaki
Paediatric Liver Centre, King s College London School of Medicine at King s College Hospital, London, UK
Liver Transpl 14:25-30. 2008..In this retrospective study NAC was associated with a shorter length of hospital stay, higher incidence of native liver recovery without transplantation, and better survival after transplantation...
- Measuring plasma paracetamol concentrations in all patients with drug overdose or altered consciousness: does it change outcome?P I Dargan
Medical Toxicology Unit, Guy s and St Thomas s Hospitals, London, UK
Emerg Med J 18:178-82. 2001..To assess whether measuring plasma paracetamol concentrations in all patients with drug overdose or collapse (altered consciousness) changes outcome...
- Efficacy and safety of acetaminophen vs ibuprofen for treating children's pain or fever: a meta-analysisDavid A Perrott
Pain Research Unit, Sydney Children s Hospital, Randwick, New South Wales, Australia
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 158:521-6. 2004..To summarize studies testing the efficacy and safety of single-dose acetaminophen and ibuprofen for treating children's pain or fever...
- Lack of efficacy of acetaminophen in treating symptomatic knee osteoarthritis: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled comparison trial with diclofenac sodiumJohn P Case
Section of Rheumatology, Rush Medical College, Rush University, 1725 W Harrison St, Suite 1017, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Arch Intern Med 163:169-78. 2003....
- Patient-tailored acetylcysteine administrationRichard C Dart
Ann Emerg Med 50:280-1. 2007
- Effectiveness and tolerability of ibuprofen-arginine versus paracetamol in children with fever of likely infectious originC Figueras Nadal
Infectious Disease Section, Hospital Universitari Materno Infantil De La Vall D Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Paediatr 91:383-90. 2002..8% of patients in the ibuprofen-arginine group compared with 65.5% in the paracetamol group. Nineteen patients reported adverse events, with vomiting being the most common complaint, but no differences were detected between treatments...
- Cyclooxygenase inhibitors and the antiplatelet effects of aspirinF Catella-Lawson
EUPENN Group of Investigators, Center for Experimental Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104-6084, USA
N Engl J Med 345:1809-17. 2001..Treatment with ibuprofen in patients with increased cardiovascular risk may limit the cardioprotective effects of aspirin...
- Acetaminophen hepatotoxicity: the first 35 yearsBarry H Rumack
University of Colorado School of Medicine and Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, Denver, USA
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 40:3-20. 2002....
- A comparison of paracetamol, ibuprofen or their combination for pain relief following extractions in children under general anaesthesia: a randomized controlled trialGiath Gazal
Unit of Paediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Int J Paediatr Dent 17:169-77. 2007..The analgesics included paracetamol alone, ibuprofen alone, and paracetamol and ibuprofen in combination...
- Inhibition of the antibody production by acetaminophen independent of liver injury in miceKatsunori Yamaura
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 25:201-5. 2002..These findings indicate that the APAP-induced depression of antibody production may not be a secondary response to APAP-hepatitis, but may be a primary response to APAP...
- Blood lactate as an early predictor of outcome in paracetamol-induced acute liver failure: a cohort studyWilliam Bernal
Institute of Liver Studies, King s College Hospital, Guy s, King s, and St Thomas s School of Medicine, London, UK
Lancet 359:558-63. 2002..We investigated the use of arterial blood lactate measurement for the identification of transplantation candidates...
- Comparative effect of paracetamol, NSAIDs or their combination in postoperative pain management: a qualitative reviewM Hyllested
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Hvidovre University Hospital, Denmark
Br J Anaesth 88:199-214. 2002....
- A phase II study to evaluate the efficacy of dexmedetomidine for sedation in the medical intensive care unitM Venn
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Worthing Hospital, Lyndhurst Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN11 2DH, UK
Intensive Care Med 29:201-7. 2003..To evaluate dexmedetomidine for sedation of patients in the medical ICU...
- Rectal and parenteral paracetamol, and paracetamol in combination with NSAIDs, for postoperative analgesiaJ Rømsing
Department of Pharmaceutics, The Royal Danish School of Pharmacy, Copenhagen
Br J Anaesth 88:215-26. 2002....
- Pharmacology of dihydroergotamine and evidence for efficacy and safety in migraineJoel R Saper
Michigan Head Pain and Neurological Institute, Ann Arbor 48104, USA
Headache 46:S171-81. 2006..The safety and efficacy data presented here are derived from clinical trials and case series involving DHE administered by intravenous infusion, intramuscular or subcutaneous injection, or intranasal spray...
- Variation in surgical trauma and baseline pain intensity: effects on assay sensitivity of an analgesic trialE K Breivik
Department of Oral Surgery and Oral Medicine, University of Oslo, Norway
Eur J Oral Sci 106:844-52. 1998..In conclusion, baseline pain was related to the degree of surgical trauma, but large inter-individual variation in baseline pain intensity reduced the ability to distinguish between paracetamol with and without codeine...
- Effect of antipyretic drugs in children with malariaB Lell
Research Unit, Albert Schweitzer Hospital, , Gabon; Department of Parasitology, Institute of Tropical Medicine, , , Germany
Clin Infect Dis 32:838-41. 2001..Antipyretic treatment had no effect on fever clearance and therefore should be used cautiously in the treatment of malaria...
- [Pharmacotherapy with zaldiar of the pain syndrome in diabetic polyneuropathy]A B Danilov
Zh Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S S Korsakova 107:27-31. 2007..In total, the pain was reduced by 50% in 23 patients and at least by 30% in the others. The drug was well-tolerated...
- Pharmaceutical prescribing for children. Part 2. Analgesia and prescribing for children in painChristine Randall
North West Medicines Information Centre, Liverpool, UK
Prim Dent Care 12:127-32. 2005..It is crucial to remember that in infants and children, as in adults, pain, anxiety and fear are often associated. All concerned with the care of children have a duty to anticipate and avoid, as well as to relieve pain...
- The analgesic efficacy of transversus abdominis plane block after cesarean delivery: a randomized controlled trialJohn G McDonnell
Department of Anaesthesia, Clinical Sciences Institute, Centre for Pain Research, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
Anesth Analg 106:186-91, table of contents. 2008..We evaluated its analgesic efficacy over the first 48 postoperative hours after cesarean delivery performed through a Pfannensteil incision, in a randomized controlled, double-blind, clinical trial...
- An evaluation of pain and postoperative nausea and vomiting following the introduction of guidelines for tonsillectomyMichelle C White
Department of Anaesthesia, Bristol Royal Hospital for Children, Bristol, UK
Paediatr Anaesth 15:683-8. 2005..Pain is traditionally controlled with morphine but this increases the risk of PONV and may cause respiratory depression. Antiemetics reduce PONV but their routine use has been questioned on safety grounds...
- Analgesic effects of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs, acetaminophen, and morphine in a mouse model of bone cancer painOsamu Saito
Department of Anesthesiology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba, 260 8670, Japan
J Anesth 19:218-24. 2005....
- Intraarticular tramadol plus pericapsular incisional bupivacaine provides better analgesia than intraarticular plus pericapsular incisional bupivacaine after outpatient arthroscopic partial meniscectomyTahsin Beyzadeoglu
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Yeditepe University Hospital, School of Medicine, Devlet Yolu Ankara Cad No 102 104, Kozyatagi, Istanbul, 34752, Turkey
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 15:564-8. 2007..9 +/- 1.3 g in group TB (P < 0.05). Intraarticular tramadol plus periarticular bupivacaine combination provides better pain relief and less analgesic requirement following arthroscopic outpatient partial meniscectomy surgery...
- Analgesic efficacy of diclofenac in combination with morphine and paracetamol after mastectomy and immediate breast reconstructionM Legeby
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 49:1360-6. 2005..This was done by 64-h assessment of post-operative pain intensity, opioid consumption, blood loss, nausea and tiredness...
- The efficacy of rofecoxib 50 mg and hydrocodone/acetaminophen 7.5/750 mg in patients with post-arthroscopic painJacques E Chelly
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:195-206. 2007..To compare the efficacy and tolerability of rofecoxib, hydrocodone/acetaminophen 7.5 mg/750 mg (H/A) and placebo in treating pain after arthroscopy of the knee...
- Postoperative epidural morphine for postpartum tubal ligation analgesiaR Jay L Marcus
Department of Anesthesiology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 251 E Huron, F 5 704, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Anesth Analg 101:876-81, table of contents. 2005..The need to treat side effects with morphine 2 mg was not increased compared to a regimen of oral acetaminophen/opioid/nonsteroidal antiinflammatory analgesics...
- Inter- and intraindividual variabilities in pharmacokinetics of fentanyl after repeated 72-hour transdermal applications in cancer pain patientsIsabelle Solassol
Onco pharmacology Department, Pharmacy Service, Val d Aurelle Anticancer Centre, Parc Euromedecine, 34298 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Ther Drug Monit 27:491-8. 2005..At the 2 highest doses, an increase of total clearance was observed (>60 L/h). For the whole group, transdermal fentanyl treatment provided good to excellent pain relief in the majority of patients...
- Heat injury-induced drop of the noxious heat threshold measured with an increasing-temperature water bath: a novel rat thermal hyperalgesia modelKata Bölcskei
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Pecs, Szigeti u 12, H 7624 Pecs, Hungary
Eur J Pharmacol 564:80-7. 2007....
- Clinical analgesic efficacy and side effects of dexmedetomidine in the early postoperative period after arthroscopic knee surgeryMaria E Gómez-Vázquez
Department of Anesthesiology, HGR No 110, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social and CUCS, Universidad de Guadalajara, Guadalajara 44700, Mexico
J Clin Anesth 19:576-82. 2007..To determine the analgesic efficacy of dexmedetomidine in the early postoperative period...
- A randomized, controlled trial of acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and codeine for acute pain relief in children with musculoskeletal traumaEric Clark
Department of Pediatrics, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Pediatrics 119:460-7. 2007....
- Steroid Delivery in Acute Herniated Lumbar Disc with RadiculopathyHarley Goldberg; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- Novel drug combinations for the management of painKENNETH NARDUCY; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- A Pharmacokinetic Study of glucosamine and chondroitinChristopher Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- HISTAMINERGIC MECHANISMS OF ANTINOCICEPTIONLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- NOVEL THERAPIES FOR ACETAMINOPHEN TOXICITYLaura James; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- A MULTI-CENTER THERAPY TRIAL FOR ACUTE LIVER FAILUREWilliam Lee; Fiscal Year: 2004..The overall goal is to apply modern clinical, epidemiological and virological techniques to the study of this rare but devastating illness. ..
- NON-OPIOID ANALGESICS DERIVED FROM IMPROGANLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2006..These experiments will help to discover the mechanism of action of this novel class of agents, and lead to the development of new pharmacotherapies for pain. ..
- Evaluation of a Biomarker for Acetaminophen ToxicityLaura James; Fiscal Year: 2005..The data generated from this study will lead to enhanced recognition of APAP hepatotoxicity, thus allowing for better identification of "at risk" populations and the creation of prevention strategies. ..
- Folic Acid Intake and Risk of HypertensionJohn Forman; Fiscal Year: 2004..Subsequently, the risk of hypertension will be analyzed in > 2000 men and women genotyped for eNOS, and > 7000 men and women genotyped for MTHFR. Interaction with folate will be analyzed. ..
- Can beta-lactam antibiotics decrease morphine physical dependence?SCOTT RAWLS; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NEUROTROPHIN CONTROL OF REM SLEEPJack Yamuy; Fiscal Year: 2004..This concerted set of experiments will be critical in elucidating the role that neurotrophins play in the control of REM sleep. ..
- COCAINE: A STUDY OF THE BIOCHEMICAL MECHANISM OF ACTIONFrank Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Fish Oil Intake, Biomarkers and Change in Lung FunctionR Barr; Fiscal Year: 2008..Use of this existing cohort with previously collected blood samples will provide relatively cost-effective results about this potentially promising and safe therapy for COPD. ..
- Cannabinoid Regulation of Basal Ganglia Glutamate and GABASCOTT RAWLS; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our outcomes will be a first step in determining whether blocking endocannabinoid inactivation offers any therapeutic advantage over direct activation of cannabinoid receptors with marijuana. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Alcohol and Acetaminophen HepatotoxicityJacqueline Sinclair; Fiscal Year: 2006..2. To investigate the effect of methylxanthines, which increase CYP3A activity but decrease CYP1A2, on alcohol-mediated APAP hepatotoxicity in wild-type and CYP1A2 knockout mice. ..
- Mechanisms of HSF1-mediated Repression of TNF-alphaJeffrey Hasday; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed studies will provide new insight into how the biochemical events that regulate host defenses is modified by the temperature increase that occurs during fever. ..
- 2,5 CYCLOHEXADIENONES IN NATURAL PRODUCTS SYNTHESISMark Wentland; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Liver innate immunity in drug-induced liver diseaseZhang Xu Liu; Fiscal Year: 2006..Kaplowitz and the center members at the outstanding environment of USC Research Center for Liver Diseases. ..
- Joint Action Analysis of Poly-drug WithdrawalRobert Raffa; Fiscal Year: 2006..g., electrophysiologic or molecular biology techniques. An improved understanding of how withdrawal is influenced by poly-drug abuse could lead to development of enhanced clinical treatment. ..
- NOVEL PHARMACOTHERAPIES FOR COCAINE DEPENDENCEFrank Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2001..An ideal candidate compound would not only have efficacy in the preclinical models but would be safe, orally active, and potent, would not show tolerance or sensitization, and if abusable, would be less so than cocaine. ..
- Intrathecal Opioid-Induced PruritusMei Chuan Ko; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies would provide a systematic understanding of the pharmacology of intrathecal morphine-induced pruritus in primates and establish the basis for identifying potential therapeutically effective antipruritics. ..
- BODY TEMPERATURE AND REGULATING HOST DEFENSESJeffrey Hasday; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- AMINOBENZOMORPHAN: POTENTIAL COCAINE ABUSE MEDICATIONSMark Wentland; Fiscal Year: 2009..Radioligand binding, [35S]GTPvS, and mouse antinociceptive assays will be used to characterize new targets pharmacologically. ..
- The contribution of heat shock/stress pathways to acute lung injuryJeffrey D Hasday; Fiscal Year: 2010..Ablating fever may eliminate its beneficial as well as its harmful effects. We expect that a better understanding of its molecular mechanisms will allow us to selectively block the harmful effects of fever/hyperthermia. ..
- Evaluation in Primates of Cocaine Esterase for the Treatment of Cocaine ToxicityMei Chuan Ko; Fiscal Year: 2010..Dose-response functions for each enzyme will be obtained repeatedly and blood samples analyzed for titer development so that tolerance to the effects of CocE can be monitored. ..
- NOVEL PHARMACOTHERAPY FOR TREATMENT OF COCAINE ADDICTIONFrank Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Design and Development of Pharmacotherapies for Treating Stimulant AbuseFrank Ivy Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2010..3) To continue on a limited basis our development of selected 3-phenyltropane analogs as second-generation pharmacotherapies to treat cocaine addiction. ..
- THERAPEUTIC NA+ CHANNEL BLOCKERS: RECEPTOR & DRUG DESIGNGING WANG; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such drugs, either taken orally or injected locally, may be beneficial for patients with chronic and intractable cancer pain. ..
- A novel therapeutic for the treatment of persistent corneal epithelial defectsBennie H Jeng; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of this study could therefore support and lead to the commercialization of this non-surgical method for enhancing epithelial wound healing, which could ultimately benefit nearly 23,000 corneas in the United States annually. ..
- CENTER FOR RESEARCH ON BOTANICAL DIETARY SUPPLEMENTSDiane Birt; Fiscal Year: 2006..This center will serve as a national resource and interact with other institutions...
- Innate Effectors of rAls3p-N Anti-Candida VaccineBrad J Spellberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..PNS 398/2590 (Rev. 11/07) Page - Continuation Format Page ..
- 4th International Workshop for the Study of ItchEarl Carstens; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of ASIC3 in the etiology of fibromyalgiaKathleen A Sluka; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies could lead to peripherally based therapeutic approaches to control pain without undesirable CMS (central nervous system) side effects, including gene therapy. ..
- kappa-agonist effects of the hallucinogen Salvinorin AEduardo Butelman; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Medication Development for Marijuana RelapseMargaret Haney; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Chronic morphine-induced sensitization of trigeminal dura sensitive neuronsIan D Meng; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding the neuro-adaptive changes that occur with chronic morphine exposure will lead the way to new therapeutic strategies to treat headache patients while reducing the risk of developing MOH. ..
- Enhancing the Safety of Warfarin in the Nursing HomeJerry Gurwitz; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- BEHAVIORAL EFFECTS OF OPIOIDS IN VOLUNTEERSJames Zacny; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Extracellular matrix in chloracetanilide carcinogenesisMary Beth Genter; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Neurobiology of Musculoskeletal PainKathleen Sluka; Fiscal Year: 2005..These proposed studies are intended to help in the understanding and thus potential treatment of chronic muscle pain including such conditions as fibromyalgia, myofascial pain and low back pain. ..
- Nitric oxide in bladder neural-epithelial signalingLori Birder; Fiscal Year: 2005..Elucidation of mechanisms impacting on urothelial function may provide insights into the pathology of bladder dysfunction. ..
- Genetics of Mild Hearing Loss in children Aged 6-12 yrsMelissa Wake; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Neurobiology of Joint Manipulation Induced AnalgesiaKathleen Sluka; Fiscal Year: 2003..This information will further assist the clinician in determining the treatment of choice for a particular patient and potentially guide future clinical research. ..
- SYNERGISM AND MEDICATIONS DEVELOPMENT FOR DRUG ABUSERonald Tallarida; Fiscal Year: 2004..This guide is the newest aim of this revised application. ..
- ETHANOL EFFECTS ON GLYCINE RECEPTOR/CHANNEL FUNCTIONJiang Hong Ye; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Inducing Immune Tolerance with Receptor Modified T CellsTerrence Geiger; Fiscal Year: 2003..Together this information will provide a starting point for the application of GM-TCs to human immunologic conditions. ..
- NEUROBIOLOGY OF CHRONIC MUSCLE PAINKathleen Sluka; Fiscal Year: 2003..These proposed studies will help in the understanding and thus potential treatment of chronic muscle pain, including such conditions as fibromyalgia, myofascial pain and low back pain. ..
- MECHANISM OF INDUCTION OF OLFACTORY TUMORS BY ALACHLORMary Beth Genter; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- An Integrative Healing Model in IBSTed Kaptchuk; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Brainstem Mechanisms of Craniofacial Muscle PainJIN RO; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Music Therapy for Cancer Patients at the End of LifeKristine Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- ENERGY RESTRICTION, CELL SIGNALING AND CANCER PREVENTIONDiane Birt; Fiscal Year: 2001..The dependence of the biochemical events modified in Aims 2-4 on corticosterone will be assessed by parallel studies in sham and adrenalectomized mice. ..
- ASYMMETRIC SYNTHESIS OF VANCOMYCIN ANTIBIOTICSDavid Evans; Fiscal Year: 2001..During the course of this project we intend to confirm (correct) the absolute stereochemical assignments of the principal members of this family by total synthesis. ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF LIGAND/SODIUM CHANNEL INTERACTIONSGING WANG; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- The Michigan Clinical Research CollaboratoryDaniel Clauw; Fiscal Year: 2004..Disseminate findings, tools, and strategies from this project to other re-engineered networks and Research Centers, and ultimately interface with a National Electronics Clinical Trials and Research (NECTAR) network...
- THC AND MARIJUANA--EFFECTS IN INDIVIDUALS WITH HIV/AIDSMargaret Haney; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Depression, Cytokines, and Pancreatic CancerWilliam Breitbart; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Peer Education in Pregnancy StudyVictoria Persky; Fiscal Year: 2006..Results of this study will assist in elucidating the etiologic pathway by which asthma develops early in life, as well as assist in the development of effective intervention programs. ..
- FACULTY DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVE IN AGING RESEARCHThomas Cavalieri; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Migraine headache and central pain facilitating systemsMary M Heinricher; Fiscal Year: 2010..This idea is attractive because a central dysfunction could potentially explain the multiple triggers for migraine attached, as well as the range of associated symptoms, including nausea and aversion to light and sound. ..
- Interleukin-1Beta in Central Pain Modulating CircuitsMary Heinricher; Fiscal Year: 2004..In providing additional tools to manipulate these systems, this work may ultimately lead to improved clinical treatment of pain. ..
- Anger Expression, Opioid Dysfunction, and Chronic PainStephen Bruehl; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Medullary Circuitry of Opioid AnalgesiaMary Heinricher; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed work should advance our understanding of central processes involved in bi-directional pain modulation, and should ultimately lead to improved clinical treatment of pain. ..
- Supraspinal prostaglandins and descending controlMary Heinricher; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pain Regulatory Dysfunction in Chronic PainStephen Bruehl; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ontogeny of Drug Bioactivation and Idiosyncratic ADRsJAMES LEEDER; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Neural circuitry of improgran analgesiaMary M Heinricher; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Radioimmunotherapy for Prostate CancerMichael Morris; Fiscal Year: 2007..The acquisition of these skills combined with the completion of the research plan will allow the candidate to pursue such research independently. ..
- HIV Clade on Cognitive and Neurological Disorders BrazilRonald Ellis; Fiscal Year: 2007..UCSD investigators will train and guide the administration and interpretation of the clinical assessment instruments, transfer technology to the Brazilian site. [unreadable] [unreadable]..