Genomes and Genes
Summary: Fibrinolysin or agents that convert plasminogen to fibrinolysin (PLASMIN).
Publications272 found, 100 shown here
- Thrombolysis with alteplase 3 to 4.5 hours after acute ischemic strokeWerner Hacke
Department of Neurology, Universitat Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
N Engl J Med 359:1317-29. 2008..We tested the efficacy and safety of alteplase administered between 3 and 4.5 hours after the onset of a stroke...
- Guidelines for the early management of adults with ischemic stroke: a guideline from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Stroke Council, Clinical Cardiology Council, Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention Council, and the AtherosHarold P Adams
Stroke 38:1655-711. 2007..The intended audience is physicians and other emergency healthcare providers who treat patients within the first 48 hours after stroke. In addition, information for healthcare policy makers is included...
- Time to treatment with intravenous alteplase and outcome in stroke: an updated pooled analysis of ECASS, ATLANTIS, NINDS, and EPITHET trialsKennedy R Lees
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Glasgow, Western Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Lancet 375:1695-703. 2010..We re-examined the effect of time to treatment with intravenous rt-PA (alteplase) on therapeutic benefit and clinical risk by adding recent trial data to the analysis...
- Thrombolysis with alteplase for acute ischaemic stroke in the Safe Implementation of Thrombolysis in Stroke-Monitoring Study (SITS-MOST): an observational studyNils Wahlgren
Department of Neurology, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Lancet 369:275-82. 2007..Under European Union regulations, SITS-MOST was required to assess the safety profile of alteplase in clinical practice by comparison with results in randomised controlled trials...
- Randomised double-blind placebo-controlled trial of thrombolytic therapy with intravenous alteplase in acute ischaemic stroke (ECASS II). Second European-Australasian Acute Stroke Study InvestigatorsW Hacke
Department of Neurology, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Lancet 352:1245-51. 1998..We have assessed the safety and efficacy of intravenous thrombolysis with alteplase (0.9 mg/kg bodyweight) within 6 h of stroke onset...
- Extended duration rivaroxaban versus short-term enoxaparin for the prevention of venous thromboembolism after total hip arthroplasty: a double-blind, randomised controlled trialAjay K Kakkar
Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
Lancet 372:31-9. 2008..Our aim was to compare the use of rivaroxaban for extended thromboprophylaxis with short-term thromboprophylaxis with enoxaparin...
- Safety, pharmacodynamics, and pharmacokinetics of single doses of BAY 59-7939, an oral, direct factor Xa inhibitorDagmar Kubitza
Bayer HealthCare AG, Institute of Clinical Pharmocology, D 42096 Wuppertal, Germany
Clin Pharmacol Ther 78:412-21. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate the safety, pharmacodynamics, and pharmacokinetics of BAY 59--7939, an oral, direct factor Xa inhibitor...
- Endovascular therapy after intravenous t-PA versus t-PA alone for strokeJoseph P Broderick
Department of Neurology, University of Cincinnati Neuroscience Institute, University of Cincinnati Academic Health Center, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0525, USA
N Engl J Med 368:893-903. 2013....
- Efficacy and safety of recombinant human activated protein C for severe sepsisG R Bernard
Division of Allergy, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
N Engl J Med 344:699-709. 2001..In this phase 3 trial, we assessed whether treatment with drotrecogin alfa activated reduced the rate of death from any cause among patients with severe sepsis...
- Apixaban versus enoxaparin for thromboprophylaxis after knee replacement (ADVANCE-2): a randomised double-blind trialMichael Rud Lassen
Department of Orthopaedics, Spine Clinic, Clinical Trial Unit, Hørsholm Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Hørsholm, Denmark
Lancet 375:807-15. 2010..Apixaban, an orally active factor Xa inhibitor, might be as effective, have lower bleeding risk, and be easier to use than is enoxaparin. We assessed efficacy and safety of these drugs after elective total knee replacement...
- A multilevel intervention to increase community hospital use of alteplase for acute stroke (INSTINCT): a cluster-randomised controlled trialPhillip A Scott
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Lancet Neurol 12:139-48. 2013..Several types of barrier frequently prevent its use. We assessed whether a standardised, barrier-assessment, multicomponent intervention could increase alteplase use in community hospitals in Michigan, USA...
- Reducing in-hospital delay to 20 minutes in stroke thrombolysisAtte Meretoja
Department of Neurology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Neurology 79:306-13. 2012..Efficacy of thrombolytic therapy for ischemic stroke decreases with time elapsed from symptom onset. We analyzed the effect of interventions aimed to reduce treatment delays in our single-center observational series...
- Tissue-type plasminogen activator in the ischemic brain: more than a thrombolyticManuel Yepes
Department of Neurology and Center for Neurodegenerative Disease, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Trends Neurosci 32:48-55. 2009..Here, the best studied pathways of tPA neurotoxicity are discussed along with future directions for a safer use of tPA as a thrombolytic agent in the setting of acute ischemic stroke...
- Timeliness of tissue-type plasminogen activator therapy in acute ischemic stroke: patient characteristics, hospital factors, and outcomes associated with door-to-needle times within 60 minutesGregg C Fonarow
Ahmanson UCLA Cardiomyopathy Center, Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, 10833 LeConte Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1679, USA
Circulation 123:750-8. 2011..The benefits of intravenous tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA) in acute ischemic stroke are time dependent, and guidelines recommend an arrival to treatment initiation (door-to-needle) time of ≤60 minutes...
- Efficacy and safety of the oral direct factor Xa inhibitor apixaban for symptomatic deep vein thrombosis. The Botticelli DVT dose-ranging studyH Buller
Department of Vascular Medicine, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 6:1313-8. 2008..We conducted a dose-ranging study in patients with deep vein thrombosis...
- Antithrombotic therapy in atrial fibrillation: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines (8th Edition)Daniel E Singer
Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Chest 133:546S-592S. 2008..However, in patients without contraindications to anticoagulation, we suggest beginning IV heparin or LMWH at presentation (Grade 2C)...
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging-DRAGON score: 3-month outcome prediction after intravenous thrombolysis for anterior circulation strokeGuillaume Turc
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Sainte Anne, 1 rue Cabanis, 75674 Paris Cedex 14, France
Stroke 44:1323-8. 2013..We adapted the score for patients undergoing MRI as the first-line diagnostic tool...
- Pretreatment ASPECTS on DWI predicts 3-month outcome following rt-PA: SAMURAI rt-PA RegistryT Nezu
Department of Cerebrovascular Medicine, National Cerebral and Cardiovascular Center, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Neurology 75:555-61. 2010....
- Rivaroxaban for the prevention of venous thromboembolism after hip or knee arthroplasty. Pooled analysis of four studiesAlexander G G Turpie
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Thromb Haemost 105:444-53. 2011....
- The impact of frailty on the utilisation of antithrombotic therapy in older patients with atrial fibrillationVidya Perera
Department of Aged Care and Clinical Pharmacology, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, NSW, Australia
Age Ageing 38:156-62. 2009..to investigate the impact of frailty on the utilisation of antithrombotics and on clinical outcomes in older people with atrial fibrillation (AF)...
- Reasons for undertreatment with oral anticoagulants in frail geriatric outpatients with atrial fibrillation: a prospective, descriptive studyLinda R Tulner
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Slotervaart Hospital, Louwesweg 6, 1066 EC Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Drugs Aging 27:39-50. 2010..As a secondary objective, we wanted to establish how many patients discontinue OAC because of major bleeding...
- Reducing door-to-needle times using Toyota's lean manufacturing principles and value stream analysisAndria L Ford
Washington University School of Medicine, Department of Neurology, and Emergency Department, Neurology and Neursurgery Center, Barnes Jewish Hospital, 600 South Euclid Avenue, Box 8111, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Stroke 43:3395-8. 2012..We used lean process improvement methodology to develop a streamlined intravenous tPA protocol...
- Important determinants for fucoidan bioactivity: a critical review of structure-function relations and extraction methods for fucose-containing sulfated polysaccharides from brown seaweedsMarcel Tutor Ale
Center for Bioprocess Engineering, Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark DTU, Søltofts Plads, Building 229, DK 2800 Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
Mar Drugs 9:2106-30. 2011....
- Body temperature and response to thrombolytic therapy in acute ischaemic strokeM Millan
Department of Neurosciences, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Spain
Eur J Neurol 15:1384-9. 2008..To determine the relationship between body temperature (BT), arterial recanalization, functional outcome, and hemorrhagic transformation (HT) of cerebral infarction in patients treated with i.v. tissue plasminogen activator (tPA)...
- Recombinant tissue-type plasminogen activator (Alteplase) for ischemic stroke 3 to 5 hours after symptom onset. The ATLANTIS Study: a randomized controlled trial. Alteplase Thrombolysis for Acute Noninterventional Therapy in Ischemic StrokeW M Clark
Oregon Stroke Center, Portland 97201, USA
JAMA 282:2019-26. 1999..This restricts the number of patients who can be treated, since most stroke patients present more than 3 hours after symptom onset...
- Structure-based design of novel potent nonpeptide thrombin inhibitorsNorbert H Hauel
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma KG, Research Division, Birkendorfer Strasse 65, D 88397 Biberach Riss, Germany
J Med Chem 45:1757-66. 2002..This zwitterionic molecule was converted into the double-prodrug 31 (BIBR 1048), which showed strong oral activity in different animal species. On the basis of these results, 31 was chosen for clinical development...
- Efficacy and safety of tissue plasminogen activator 3 to 4.5 hours after acute ischemic stroke: a metaanalysisMaarten G Lansberg
Stanford Stroke Center, Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA 94304 9705, USA
Stroke 40:2438-41. 2009..The purpose of this study was to produce reliable and precise estimates of the treatment effect of tPA by pooling data from all relevant studies...
- Mechanical thrombectomy for acute ischemic stroke: final results of the Multi MERCI trialWade S Smith
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0114, USA
Stroke 39:1205-12. 2008..Enhancements in embolectomy device design may improve recanalization rates...
- Why are stroke patients excluded from TPA therapy? An analysis of patient eligibilityP A Barber
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Neurology 56:1015-20. 2001..Thrombolytic therapy for acute stroke (<3 hours) will not have a major impact on death and dependency unless it is accessible to more patients...
- Incidence of chronic atrial fibrillation in general practice and its treatment patternAna Ruigómez
Centro Español de Investigación Farmacoepidemiológica CEIFE, C Almirante 28, 2 degrees, 28004, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Epidemiol 55:358-63. 2002..Less than half of patients with chronic AF and no contraindications for anticoagulation received warfarin within the first trimester after the diagnosis...
- Intravenous desmoteplase in patients with acute ischaemic stroke selected by MRI perfusion-diffusion weighted imaging or perfusion CT (DIAS-2): a prospective, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyWerner Hacke
Department of Neurology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Lancet Neurol 8:141-50. 2009....
- Safety and outcome after thrombolysis in stroke patients with mild symptomsM Kohrmann
Department of Neurology, University of Erlangen, Schwabachanlage 6, Erlangen, Germany
Cerebrovasc Dis 27:160-6. 2009..We aimed to assess the safety and outcome of thrombolysis therapy in patients with minor but disabling stroke symptoms...
- Effects of polysaccharides enriched in 2,4-disulfated fucose units on coagulation, thrombosis and bleeding. Practical and conceptual implicationsRoberto J C Fonseca
Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Caixa Postal 68041, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, 21941 590, Brazil
Thromb Haemost 102:829-36. 2009..In conclusion, the location of 2,4-disulfated fucose units in the polysaccharide chains dictates the effects on coagulation, thrombosis and bleeding...
- Antithrombotic drug prescription in atrial fibrillation and its rationale among general practitioners, internists and cardiologists in The Netherlands--The EXAMINE-AF study. A questionnaire surveyT Dinh
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Int J Clin Pract 61:24-31. 2007..Factors for oral anticoagulation prescription are heart failure, physician specialty and contraindications. Availability of guidelines seems instrumental for application of appropriate antithrombotic treatment...
- Intracerebral haemorrhage after thrombolysis for acute ischaemic stroke: an updateL Derex
Service d Urgences Neurovasculaires, Hopital Neurologique, Lyon, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 79:1093-9. 2008..The input of multimodal MRI and biological predictors of ICH deserves further investigation...
- Does the National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale favor left hemisphere strokes? NINDS t-PA Stroke Study GroupD Woo
Department of Neurology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45220, USA
Stroke 30:2355-9. 1999..Of 42 possible points, 7 points are directly related to measurement of language compared with only 2 points related to neglect...
- Dabigatran compared with warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation and previous transient ischaemic attack or stroke: a subgroup analysis of the RE-LY trialHans Christoph Diener
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Lancet Neurol 9:1157-63. 2010..We aimed to assess the effects of dabigatran compared with warfarin in the subgroup of patients with previous stroke or transient ischaemic attack...
- Accelerating thrombolysis with chitosan-coated plasminogen activators encapsulated in poly-(lactide-co-glycolide) (PLGA) nanoparticlesTze Wen Chung
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Yunlin University of Science and Technology, Tou Liu, Yunlin, Taiwan, ROC
Biomaterials 29:228-37. 2008..In conclusion, the NPs designed based on new concepts significantly accelerate thrombolysis in vitro in this model, and may be useful in clinical study...
- Routine early angioplasty after fibrinolysis for acute myocardial infarctionWarren J Cantor
Southlake Regional Health Centre, Newmarket, ON, Canada
N Engl J Med 360:2705-18. 2009..The role and optimal timing of routine PCI after fibrinolysis have not been established...
- Venous thromboembolism prophylaxis in acutely ill hospitalized medical patients: findings from the International Medical Prevention Registry on Venous ThromboembolismVictor F Tapson
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Box 31175, Room 351 Bell Building, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Chest 132:936-45. 2007..Our aim was to characterize the clinical practices for VTE prophylaxis in acutely ill hospitalized medical patients enrolled in the International Medical Prevention Registry on Venous Thromboembolism (IMPROVE)...
- Antithrombotic treatment in real-life atrial fibrillation patients: a report from the Euro Heart Survey on Atrial FibrillationRobby Nieuwlaat
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 27:3018-26. 2006....
- The stroke-thrombolytic predictive instrument: a predictive instrument for intravenous thrombolysis in acute ischemic strokeDavid M Kent
Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Tufts New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Stroke 37:2957-62. 2006..Therefore, we aimed to develop a Stroke-Thrombolytic Predictive Instrument (TPI) to aid physicians considering thrombolysis for stroke...
- Implementation and outcome of thrombolysis with alteplase 3-4.5 h after an acute stroke: an updated analysis from SITS-ISTRNiaz Ahmed
Department of Neurology, Karolinska University Hospital, and Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Lancet Neurol 9:866-74. 2010..5 h after stroke onset. We aimed to assess the implementation of the wider time window, its effect on the admission-to-treatment time, and safety and functional outcome in patients recorded in SITS-ISTR...
- Periprocedural bleeding and 1-year outcome after percutaneous coronary interventions: appropriateness of including bleeding as a component of a quadruple end pointGjin Ndrepepa
Deutsches Herzzentrum, Technische Universitat, Munich, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:690-7. 2008....
- Discovery of 1-(4-methoxyphenyl)-7-oxo-6-(4-(2-oxopiperidin-1-yl)phenyl)-4,5,6,7-tetrahydro-1H-pyrazolo[3,4-c]pyridine-3-carboxamide (apixaban, BMS-562247), a highly potent, selective, efficacious, and orally bioavailable inhibitor of blood coagulation faDonald J P Pinto
Discovery Chemistry, Research and Development, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, 31 Pennington Rocky Hill Road, Pennington, New Jersey 08534, USA
J Med Chem 50:5339-56. 2007..Compound 40 exhibits a high degree of fXa potency, selectivity, and efficacy and has an improved pharmacokinetic profile relative to 4...
- Predictors and impact of major hemorrhage on mortality following percutaneous coronary intervention from the REPLACE-2 TrialFrederick Feit
Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Am J Cardiol 100:1364-9. 2007..A number of baseline and periprocedural factors independently predicted major hemorrhage, including treatment with heparin plus GPI...
- Comparison of intravenous alteplase with a combined intravenous-endovascular approach in patients with stroke and confirmed arterial occlusion (RECANALISE study): a prospective cohort studyMikael Mazighi
Department of Neurology and Stroke Centre, Bichat University Hospital, Paris, France Diderot University, Paris, France
Lancet Neurol 8:802-9. 2009..The aim of this study was to ascertain the effect of a combined IV-endovascular approach (intra-arterial alteplase and, if required, additional thrombectomy) in patients with stroke due to arterial occlusion...
- STEMI and NSTEMI: are they so different? 1 year outcomes in acute myocardial infarction as defined by the ESC/ACC definition (the OPERA registry)Gilles Montalescot
Institut de Cardiologie and INSERM U856, Pitie Salpetriere University Hospital, AP HP, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, Paris 75013, France
Eur Heart J 28:1409-17. 2007..The aim of this study was to describe the management and outcomes using 'real-world' data taking the new definition of acute myocardial infarction into account...
- Stroke research priorities for the next decade--A representative view of the European scientific communityStephen Meairs
Neurologische Klinik, Ruprecht Karls Universitat Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer, DE 68135 Mannheim Germany
Cerebrovasc Dis 22:75-82. 2006
- PROACT: a phase II randomized trial of recombinant pro-urokinase by direct arterial delivery in acute middle cerebral artery stroke. PROACT Investigators. Prolyse in Acute Cerebral ThromboembolismG J del Zoppo
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation, La Jolla, Calif 92037, USA
Stroke 29:4-11. 1998....
- Facilitated PCI in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarctionStephen G Ellis
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic, F25, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
N Engl J Med 358:2205-17. 2008....
- Symptomatic intracerebral hemorrhage following thrombolytic therapy for acute ischemic stroke: a review of the risk factorsMaarten G Lansberg
Stanford University, Stanford Stroke Center, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Cerebrovasc Dis 24:1-10. 2007....
- Guidelines on diabetes, pre-diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases: executive summary. The Task Force on Diabetes and Cardiovascular Diseases of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD)Lars Ryden
Department of Cardiology, Karolinska University Hospital, Sweden
Eur Heart J 28:88-136. 2007
- Methodology of the Interventional Management of Stroke III TrialPooja Khatri
Department of Neurology, University of Cincinnati, 231 Albert Sabin Way ML 0525, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0525, USA
Int J Stroke 3:130-7. 2008..a.) approach to recanalization may be more effective than standard i.v. rt-PA (Activase) alone for moderate-to-large National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS>or=10) strokes, and with a similar safety profile...
- In vitro and in vivo studies of the novel antithrombotic agent BAY 59-7939--an oral, direct Factor Xa inhibitorE Perzborn
Cardiovascular Research, Bayer HealthCare AG, Wuppertal, Germany
J Thromb Haemost 3:514-21. 2005..Bleeding times in rats and rabbits were not significantly affected at antithrombotic doses (3 mg kg(-1) p.o., AV shunt). Based on these results, BAY 59-7939 was selected for clinical development...
- Apixaban versus aspirin in patients with atrial fibrillation and previous stroke or transient ischaemic attack: a predefined subgroup analysis from AVERROES, a randomised trialHans Christoph Diener
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45147 Essen, Germany
Lancet Neurol 11:225-31. 2012....
- Impact of acute ischemic stroke treatment in patients >80 years of age: the specialized program of translational research in acute stroke (SPOTRIAS) consortium experienceJoshua Z Willey
Department of Neurology, 710 West 168 Street, Box 30, New York, NY 10032, USA
Stroke 43:2369-75. 2012....
- Intraoperative thrombolysis in a patient with cardiopulmonary arrest undergoing caesarean deliveryM Wenk
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, St Franziskus Hospital Muenster, Muenster, Germany
Anaesth Intensive Care 39:671-4. 2011..The patient survived and was later discharged without any major neurological deficit...
- Antithrombotic drug use, cerebral microbleeds, and intracerebral hemorrhage: a systematic review of published and unpublished studiesCaroline E Lovelock
Stroke Prevention Research Unit, University Department of Clinical Neurology, Level 6, West Wing, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headley Way, Oxford OX3 9DU
Stroke 41:1222-8. 2010..Insights could be gained by pooling data on MB frequency stratified by antithrombotic use in cohorts with ICH and ischemic stroke (IS)/transient ischemic attack (TIA)...
- Thrombolysis targeting MRI defined tissue at risk in minor strokeA Kruetzelmann
Neuro Zentrum, Klinik und Poliklinik fur Neurologie, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 80:1156-8. 2009..Treatment with intravenous tissue plasminogen activator (IV-tPA) is usually not recommended in patients with minor stroke. Clinical and imaging outcome were studied after IV-tPA treatment based on MRI criteria in patients with minor stroke...
- Intra-arterial prourokinase for acute ischemic stroke. The PROACT II study: a randomized controlled trial. Prolyse in Acute Cerebral ThromboembolismA Furlan
Cerebrovascular Center, Department of Neurology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
JAMA 282:2003-11. 1999..Intravenous tissue-type plasminogen activator can be beneficial to some patients when given within 3 hours of stroke onset, but many patients present later after stroke onset and alternative treatments are needed...
- Results of intravenous thrombolysis within 4.5 to 6 hours and updated results within 3 to 4.5 hours of onset of acute ischemic stroke recorded in the Safe Implementation of Treatment in Stroke International Stroke Thrombolysis Register (SITS-ISTR): an obsNiaz Ahmed
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Karolinska Institutet
JAMA Neurol 70:837-44. 2013..Pooled analysis of randomized controlled trials of intravenous thrombolysis shows no statistically significant benefit beyond 4.5 hours, with the possible advantage perhaps offset by risk...
- Intravenous alteplase for stroke in those older than 80 years oldGary A Ford
Department of Medicine, Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, UK
Stroke 41:2568-74. 2010..We examined outcomes and symptomatic intracerebral hemorrhage rates in ≤ 80- and > 80-year-old patients in the Safe Implementation of Treatment in Stroke International Stroke Thrombolysis Register...
- Age as a risk factor for stroke in atrial fibrillation patients: implications for thromboprophylaxisRicarda Marinigh
University of Birmingham Centre for Cardiovascular Sciences, City Hospital, Birmingham, UK
J Am Coll Cardiol 56:827-37. 2010..Therefore, age alone should not prevent prescription of OAC in elderly patients, given an appropriate stroke and bleeding risk stratification...
- Impact of bleeding severity on clinical outcomes among patients with acute coronary syndromesSunil V Rao
The Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Am J Cardiol 96:1200-6. 2005..Therapies that minimize bleeding risk and maintain an anticoagulant effect may improve outcomes among patients who have ACS...
- Stroke thrombolysis: having more time translates into delayed therapy: data from the Austrian Stroke Unit RegistryJulia Ferrari
Department of Neurology, Hospital Barmherzige Brueder, Vienna, Austria
Stroke 41:2001-4. 2010..Previous small-scale studies suggested that the earlier patients arrive, the longer it takes to administer recombinant tissue plasminogen activator...
- Impact of tissue plasminogen activator on the neurovascular unit: from clinical data to experimental evidenceDenis Vivien
Inserm UMR S 919, Serine Proteases and Pathophysiology of the Neurovascular Unit, GIP Cyceron, Universite de Caen Basse Normandie, Caen Cedex, France
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 31:2119-34. 2011..The objective of the present review is to provide an overview of our present knowledge about the impact of tPA on the neurovascular unit during acute ischemic stroke...
- Reperfusion therapy in elderly patients with acute myocardial infarction: a randomized comparison of primary angioplasty and thrombolytic therapyMenko Jan de Boer
Department of Cardiology, Isala Klinieken lokatie de Weezenlanden, Groot Wezenland 20, 8011 JW Zwolle, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:1723-8. 2002..This study sought to determine the short- and long-term outcome of primary coronary angioplasty and thrombolytic therapy for acute myocardial infarction (AMI) in patients older than 75 years of age...
- Randomized comparison of pre-hospital-initiated facilitated percutaneous coronary intervention versus primary percutaneous coronary intervention in acute myocardial infarction very early after symptom onset: the LIPSIA-STEMI trial (Leipzig immediate prehoHolger Thiele
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, University of Leipzig Heart Center, Leipzig, Germany
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 4:605-14. 2011....
- Intravenous thrombolysis for stroke increases over time at primary stroke centersShyam Prabhakaran
Rush University Medical Center, Department of Neurological Sciences, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Stroke 43:875-7. 2012..We evaluated the impact that duration as a primary stroke center (PSC) had on tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA) utilization for acute ischemic stroke...
- The response to IV rt-PA in very old stroke patientsM Gomez-Choco
Stroke Unit, Institute of Neurosciences, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Neurol 15:253-6. 2008..The rates of clinical improvement, mortality, or symptomatic CNS bleeding were also unrelated to age and sex. In conclusion, the response to IV rtPA is not impaired in elderly stroke patients and male and female are equally responsive...
- Definition of major bleeding in clinical investigations of antihemostatic medicinal products in non-surgical patientsS Schulman
Coagulation Unit, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Thromb Haemost 3:692-4. 2005..The intention is to also seek approval of this definition from the regulatory authorities...
- Treatment and prevention of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines (8th Edition)Theodore E Warkentin
Hamilton Regional Laboratory Medicine Program, Hamilton Health Sciences, 237 Barton Street E, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Chest 133:340S-380S. 2008..For patients receiving VKAs at the time of diagnosis of HIT, we recommend use of vitamin K (10 mg po or 5 to 10 mg IV) [Grade 1C]...
- Older age does not increase risk of hemorrhagic complications after intravenous and/or intra-arterial thrombolysis for acute strokeSvetlna Pundik
The Neurological Institute of University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 17:266-72. 2008..However, it is unclear whether age over 80 years is a predictor for hemorrhagic transformation after intravenous, intra-arterial, or a combination of both thrombolytic therapies...
- Normobaric hyperoxia reduces the neurovascular complications associated with delayed tissue plasminogen activator treatment in a rat model of focal cerebral ischemiaWenlan Liu
College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Stroke 40:2526-31. 2009..Therefore, we hypothesized that normobaric hyperoxia could increase the safety of delayed tPA thrombolysis in stroke...
- Fibrin(ogen)olytic activity of bumblebee venom serine proteaseYuling Qiu
College of Natural Resources and Life Science, Dong A University, Busan 604 714, Republic of Korea
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 255:207-13. 2011..These findings offer significant insight into the allergic reaction sequence that is initiated by bee venom serine protease and its potential usefulness as a clinical agent in the field of hemostasis and thrombosis...
- Intravenous enoxaparin or unfractionated heparin in primary percutaneous coronary intervention for ST-elevation myocardial infarction: the international randomised open-label ATOLL trialGilles Montalescot
Institut de Cardiologie, CHU Pitié Salpêtrière AP HP, Universite Paris 6, Paris, France
Lancet 378:693-703. 2011..We compared traditional heparin treatment with intravenous enoxaparin in primary PCI...
- Metalloproteinase inhibition reduces thrombolytic (tissue plasminogen activator)-induced hemorrhage after thromboembolic strokeP A Lapchak
Department of Neuroscience, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0624, USA
Stroke 31:3034-40. 2000....
- Thrombolysis in very elderly people: controlled comparison of SITS International Stroke Thrombolysis Registry and Virtual International Stroke Trials ArchiveNishant K Mishra
Acute Stroke Unit, University Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Gardiner Institute, Western Infirmary and Faculty of Medicine, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G11 6NT, UK
BMJ 341:c6046. 2010..To assess effect of age on response to alteplase in acute ischaemic stroke...
- Stroke epidemiology, patterns of management, and outcomes in Fortaleza, Brazil: a hospital-based multicenter prospective studyJoão José Freitas de Carvalho
Hospital Geral de Fortaleza, Fortaleza, Brazil
Stroke 42:3341-6. 2011..Our objective was to describe the frequency of risk factors, patterns of management, and outcome of patients admitted with stroke in Fortaleza, the fifth largest city in Brazil...
- Antiplatelet, anticoagulant, and fibrinolytic activity in vitro of extracts from selected fruits and vegetablesConstanza Torres-Urrutia
Departamento de Bioquímica Clínica e Inmunohematología, Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud, Universidad de Talca, Talca, Chile
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 22:197-205. 2011..Further investigations are necessary to advance in knowledge of the active compounds of these fruits and vegetables and their mechanisms of action...
- Intravenous tissue plasminogen activator and stroke in the elderlyW T Longstreth
Department of Neurology, University of Washington, Seattle, 98195, USA
Am J Emerg Med 28:359-63. 2010....
- Return to theatre following total hip and knee replacement, before and after the introduction of rivaroxaban: a retrospective cohort studyC D Jensen
Wansbeck General Hospital, Woodhorn Lane, Ashington, Northumberland NE63 9JJ, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 93:91-5. 2011....
- Intrapleural fibrinolytic agents for empyema and complicated parapneumonic effusions: a meta-analysisYasuharu Tokuda
Department of Medicine, Okinawa Chubu Hospital, Okinawa, Japan
Chest 129:783-90. 2006..Randomized controlled trials have shown conflicting findings about the role of intrapleural fibrinolytic therapy for the treatment of empyema and complicated parapneumonic effusions in adult patients...
- A multicentre, randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled Phase III study to investigate EXtending the time for Thrombolysis in Emergency Neurological Deficits (EXTEND)Henry Ma
National Stroke Research Institute, Florey Neuroscience Institutes, Austin Health, University of Melbourne, Heidelberg Heights, Victoria, Australia
Int J Stroke 7:74-80. 2012....
- Improving stroke risk stratification in atrial fibrillationGregory Y H Lip
University of Birmingham Centre for Cardiovascular Sciences, City Hospital, Birmingham, England
Am J Med 123:484-8. 2010..This would simplify our approach to thromboprophylaxis in patients with atrial fibrillation...
- Indications for thrombolysis in deep venous thrombosisP Gogalniceanu
St George s Regional Vascular Institute, 4th Floor, St James Wing, St George s Hospital NHS Trust, Tooting, London SW17 0QT, United Kingdom
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 38:192-8. 2009..Catheter directed thrombolysis (CDT) is an alternative method for treating DVTs but there is no consensus regarding indications for its use...
- A graphic reanalysis of the NINDS TrialJerome R Hoffman
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 54:329-36, 336.e1-35. 2009..The initial report of the National Institute of Neurologic Diseases and Stroke (NINDS) trials of tissue plasminogen activator in acute ischemic stroke is an example of this phenomenon...
- Purification and characterization of a fibrinolytic enzyme produced from Bacillus sp. strain CK 11-4 screened from Chungkook-JangW Kim
Department of Biotechnology, Institute of R and D, Yangpyung Dong, Youngdeungpo gu, Seoul, South Korea
Appl Environ Microbiol 62:2482-8. 1996..A similar result was also obtained from fibrin plate analysis...
- Antithrombotic therapy for venous thromboembolic disease: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines (8th Edition)Clive Kearon
Hamilton Health Sciences, Henderson Division, 711 Concession Street, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Chest 133:454S-545S. 2008..For extensive superficial vein thrombosis, we recommend treatment with prophylactic or intermediate doses of LMWH or intermediate doses of UFH for 4 weeks (Grade 1B)...
- Activated human protein C prevents thrombin-induced thromboembolism in mice. Evidence that activated protein c reduces intravascular fibrin accumulation through the inhibition of additional thrombin generationP Gresele
Institute of Internal and Vascular Medicine, University of Perugia, 06126 Perugia, Italy
J Clin Invest 101:667-76. 1998....
- Intracoronary thrombus and platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa receptor blockade with tirofiban in unstable angina or non-Q-wave myocardial infarction. Angiographic results from the PRISM-PLUS trial (Platelet receptor inhibition for ischemic syndrome managemenX Q Zhao
University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, USA
Circulation 100:1609-15. 1999....
- Intra-arterial thrombolysis for acute stroke in patients 80 and older: a comparison of results in patients younger than 80 yearsD Kim
University of California at Los Angeles Stroke Center, Department of Neurology, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 28:159-63. 2007..The purpose of this study was to compare the baseline characteristics, complications, and outcomes between intra-arterially treated ischemic stroke patients aged > or = 80 years and their younger counterparts...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 pretreatment level predicts intracranial hemorrhagic complications after thrombolysis in human strokeJoan Montaner
Cerebrovascular Unit, Vall d Hebron Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Circulation 107:598-603. 2003..We aimed to correlate plasmatic MMP levels with the appearance of intracranial bleeding complications in stroke patients treated with t-PA...
- Extensive mesenteric vein and portal vein thrombosis successfully treated by thrombolysis and anticoagulationA Tateishi
Departments of Gastroenterology, Radiology and Surgical Oncology, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:1429-33. 2001..The only risk factor of thrombosis that was detected was decreased protein S activity...
- Outcomes of intravenous tissue plasminogen activator for acute ischemic stroke in patients aged 90 years or olderFarrah J Mateen
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 84:334-8. 2009..Most patients aged 90 years or older who received intravenous tPA for acute ischemic stroke had poor 30-day functional outcomes or died. Intravenous tPA treatment in this age group does not improve the outcome of ischemic stroke...
- Therapy of basilar artery occlusion: a systematic analysis comparing intra-arterial and intravenous thrombolysisPerttu J Lindsberg
Department of Neurology, Neurosciences Program, Biomedicum Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Stroke 37:922-8. 2006....
- Nonpeptide factor Xa inhibitors III: effects of DPC423, an orally-active pyrazole antithrombotic agent, on arterial thrombosis in rabbitsPancras C Wong
Cardiovascular Biology, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Wilmington, Delaware 19880 0400, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 303:993-1000. 2002..Therefore, these results suggest that DPC423 is a clinically useful oral anticoagulant for the prevention of arterial thrombosis...
- Fondaparinux: a Factor Xa inhibitor for antithrombotic therapyAlexander G G Turpie
Hamilton Health Sciences General Hospital, Department of Medicine, 237 Barton Street East, Hamilton, Ontario, L8L 2X2, Canada
Expert Opin Pharmacother 5:1373-84. 2004..5 mg once-daily s.c. has been approved for the prevention of venous thromboembolism after major orthopaedic surgery. Fondaparinux use in extended prophylaxis (4 weeks) after hip fracture surgery has also been recently approved...
- Nonpeptide factor Xa inhibitors: I. Studies with SF303 and SK549, a new class of potent antithromboticsP C Wong
Cardiovascular Diseases Research, DuPont Pharmaceuticals Company, Wilmington, DE 19880 0400, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 292:351-7. 2000..7 h. Therefore, our study suggests that SF303, SK549, and their analogs represent a new class of synthetic fXa inhibitors that may be clinically useful as antithrombotic agents...
- Thrombolytic therapy with recombinant tissue plasminogen activator for acute ischemic stroke: where do we go from here? A cumulative meta-analysisJ M Wardlaw
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, Scotland, UK
Stroke 34:1437-42. 2003..Recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rtPA; Actilyse) is not as widely used in clinical practice as it could be. Have new data since 1995 strengthened the evidence sufficiently to justify more widespread use of rtPA?..
- Novel therapeutics for vesicants and toxic inhaled chemicals (U54)Carl W White; Fiscal Year: 2013..Effective anticoagulant and/or fibrinolytic agents will be cross-checked to verify lack of exacerbation of skin injuries...
- Coagulation and Fibrinolysis in Pediatric Insulin Titration TrialAnil Sapru; Fiscal Year: 2013..insights into the effect of TGC-NL on clinical outcome and could lead to the use of anti-coagulant or pro fibrinolytic agents as adjunctive therapies among select groups of critically ill children with hyperglycemia who may not be ..
- Therapeutic thrombin analogsERIK IAN TUCKER; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- Image-Guided Non-Invasive Ultrasonic Thrombolysis Using HistotripsyZhen Xu; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Sonolysis in Acute Coronary SyndromesFeng Xie; Fiscal Year: 2012..Clinical methods currently utilized to treat this are fibrinolytic agents or percutaneous coronary interventions, combined with anti-platelet agents...
- PROTEINASE IN FIBRINOLYSIS AND THROMBOLYTIC THERAPYSTEVEN GONIAS; Fiscal Year: 1993..During the next five years, the applicant and the institution share the objective of developing this laboratory into a well established center for hemostasis research in this country...
- Bead-Based Approach for Combined Mechanical and Pharmacological Treatment of AcutKeith B Neeves; Fiscal Year: 2013..blood and, upon application of a magnetic field, self-assemble into small microdevices capable of targeting fibrinolytic agents and mechanically attacking a clot in the absence of catheters...
- ENHANCING THROMBOLYSIS BY INHIBITION OF A2-ANTIPLASMINGuy Reed; Fiscal Year: 1993..is a molecular biologist with unique experience in the design and expression of recombinant, hybrid fibrinolytic agents. Dr...
- Comparative Effectiveness of Medications Used in Congenital Heart SurgeryJENNIFER S contact LI; Fiscal Year: 2010..This application will focus on investigating medications in 3 therapeutic areas: anti-fibrinolytic agents used during surgery, afterload reduction in the post-operative setting, and peri-operative antibiotic ..
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION OF ENDOTHELIAL CELL FUNCTIONSCORA JEAN EDGELL; Fiscal Year: 1991..thrombogenic agents like von Willebrand factor, but also antithrombogenic agents like antithrombin III, and fibrinolytic agents like tissue plasminogen activator...
- IN VIVO EVALUATION OF ULTRASOUND ENHANCED LYSISDOUGLAS HANSMANN; Fiscal Year: 1999..3. Conduct a 10-patient pilot trial of peripheral arterial thrombolysis using the EKOS device and use the results to plan and initiate a prospective, multi-center study of 40 patients. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..
- Production of human CD39 as an antithrombotic agentSOONSEOG JEONG; Fiscal Year: 2004..Many of the current anti-platelet or fibrinolytic agents are undesirable due to the lack of specificity, narrow time window of administration, or severe adverse ..
- STROKE MONITORING WITH DENSE-ARRAY EEGPhan Luu; Fiscal Year: 2000..abstract_text> ..
- Interventional Management of Stroke III Planning GrantJoseph Broderick; Fiscal Year: 2004..10. Explore funding of interventional angiography by CMS. 11. Continue interaction with industry, with attention to devices that might be applied to a device-augmented future IV/IA paradigm. ..
- PARAMEDIC FIELD INITIATION OF MAGNESIUM NEUROPROTECTIVEJeffrey Saver; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Familial Intracranial Aneurysm Study II (FIA II)JOSEPH PAUL BRODERICK; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, we will use bioinformatics, statistical methods, and gene sequencing, to identify specific disease producing mutations and/or high risk haplotypes whose functional relevance will be subsequently explored. ..
- Plasminogen activators and cerebral ischemic injuryWilliam M Armstead; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- POTASSIUM CHANNELS AND CEREBRAL HEMODYNAMICS AFTER BRAINWilliam Armstead; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies may lead to therapies for brain injured children. ..
- Procoagulant Microparticles: Novel Determinants of Venous ThrombosisTHOMAS WILLIAM WAKEFIELD; Fiscal Year: 2011..Lay Summary: This proposal will determine the role of procoagulant elements termed microparticles in the etiology of venous thrombosis and their use as a diagnostic tool. ..
- Circle of Willis variability and migraineBRETT LEE CUCCHIARA; Fiscal Year: 2010..If this hypothesis is confirmed, this could lead to new treatments based on a better understanding of migraine mechanisms and might help identify patients with migraine who are at risk of stroke. ..
- Prospective Investigation for Pulmonary Embolism Dx IIIPaul Stein; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- PROSPECTIVE INVESTIGATION OF PULMONARY EMBOLISM DX-IIPaul Stein; Fiscal Year: 2003..4) The team of investigators is strong, and has collaborated previously in successful research in PE. ..
- CYTOKINE BALANCE IN VENOUS THROMBOSISThomas Wakefield; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- MICROVASCULAR OCCLUSION IN ACUTE FOCAL CEREBRAL ISCHEMIAGregory Del Zoppo; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies are a direct extension of completed work of this proposal, and are expected to add greatly to the understanding of how vascular ischemia affects neuron integrity with testable treatment strategies. ..
- PROSPECTIVE INVESTIGATION OF PULMONARY EMBOLISM DX-IIVictor Tapson; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- The Natural History of Venous Thromboembolism in the ElderlyFrederick A Spencer; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will also examine how elderly patients with venous thromboembolism are currently being treated, whether some patients are at risk for inappropriate or under treatment, and the relationship of treatment to future complications. ..
- Diffusion weighted imaging Evaluation For Understanding Stroke Evolution2:DEFUSE Gregory W Albers; Fiscal Year: 2010..These findings will eventually lead to effective therapies for a large population of stroke patients who are currently ineligible for treatment and substantially reduce stroke-related disability. ..
- ECHOCARDIOGRAPHIC STROKE PREDICTORS IN A TRI-ETHNIC COMMMarco Di Tullio; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study will be the first prospective cohort study to evaluate the role of multiple echocardiographic risk factors for ischemic stroke in a community of whites, blacks and Hispanics living in the same area. ..
- New MRI techniques for cerebrovascular diseasesGregory Albers; Fiscal Year: 2008..This K24 research program will expand Dr. Albers' skills as a clinical investigator and allow him to become a more effective mentor. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Expired CO2/O2 Analysis to Diagnose Pulmonary EmbolismJEFFREY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project will fund a clinical study designed to test the diagnostic accuracy of a hand- held breath device that detects the altered gas exchange physiology caused by PE in post-surgical and other patients at high risk for PE. ..
- Ischemic Stroke Treatment with Microbubbles, a Novel Clot Lysis TherapeuticWilliam C Culp; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our proposed pilot study will determine which of these treatments is most successful, and future studies will further explore that treatment. (End of Abstract) ..
- Ultrasound contrast agent enhances ultarsound assisted thrombolysis in strokeAzita Soltani; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Surrogate markers for Severe Pulmonary EmbolismJEFFREY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will determine if criteria that are widely and immediately available in most hospitals can be used to risk-stratify severity of PE and to clarify the role of nonmalignant thrombophilias on the prognosis of PE. ..
- OU Developmental Center for Injury Prevention ResearchGary Raskob; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- OU Human Research Protection Program, Year 2Gary Raskob; Fiscal Year: 2003..The University of Oklahoma is committed to maintaining these initiatives after the term of this award. ..
- Pretest Probability Assessment for Pulmonary EmbolismJEFFREY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2005..In phase III, we will test the validity of the PE PREtest Consult TM and determine if the use of the PE PREtest ConsultTM will decrease unnecessary testing for PE. ..
- Aortic, Cardiovascular Disease and Silent Brain InfarctsMarco Di Tullio; Fiscal Year: 2009..The present application will help fill gaps in knowledge on silent brain infarcts and their risk factors in the elderly, and identify subjects at higher risk before a symptomatic stroke or other vascular event occurs. ..
- Safer Antithrombotic Therapy for Elderly ACS PatientsEric Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, we will use established relations with professional societies and the VHA to widely disseminate our study's major findings. ..
- ACTION - A CHF Trial Investigating Outcomes of ExerciseGregg Fonarow; Fiscal Year: 2006..The trial will take place over 5 years with an initial 6 months for planning, training, and implementation; 3 years of enrollment; 1 year of follow-up; and 6 months for close out, analysis, and presentation. ..
- Oxidative Mechanisms of Arsenic-induced CarcinogenesisKe Liu; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GENERAL CLINICAL RESEARCH CENTERS ANNUAL MEETINGPaul Watkins; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- SNARE PROTEINS IN PLATELET ALPHA-GRANULE SECRETIONRobert Flaumenhaft; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Impact of Aging on Stroke Care: A National PerspectiveJudith Lichtman; Fiscal Year: 2004..We hypothesize that variations in care exist by age. Moreover, these differences in care will not be explained by differences clinical features or co-morbid conditions associated with aging. ..
- MANAGEMENT OF PATIENTS WITH SUSPECTED PULMONARY EMBOLISHSuman Rathbun; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- BIOSYNTHESIS OF BLOOD CLOTTING PROTEINSBruce Furie; Fiscal Year: 2001..Detailed knowledge of these processes will improve our understanding of the biology of these proteins and has potential for improvements in hemophilia therapy. ..
- INTRAVITAL VIDEO-RATE CONFOCAL MICROSCOPEBruce Furie; Fiscal Year: 2001..The BioRad RTS2000 real-time laser confocal system, fitted to a Nikon E600FN microscope, will provide a group of investigators with instrumentation to significantly advance their fields. ..
- Role of inositol trisphosphate in preconditioningKarin Przyklenk; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Angiotensin, The Vascular Endothelium, and FibrinolysisDOUGLAS EUGENE VAUGHAN; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- INTEGRATIVE PROGRAM IN CNS PATHOPHYSIOLOGY RESEARCHKe Jian Liu; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Phase 2B Study of TNK in Acute StrokeE Haley; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- OPTIMAL PREHOSPITAL CARE OF CHILDHOOD CARDIAC ARRESTIan Stiell; Fiscal Year: 2004..The PIs propose to conduct a large feasibility review in five urban areas and to conduct four study planning workshops. ..
- Optimizing Outcome After Pediatric Heart TransplantationSteven Webber; Fiscal Year: 2008..This Pediatric CV SCCOR proposal addresses each of these areas with novel, hypothesis driven projects to rapidly and significantly advance the state-of-the-art care for pediatric heart transplant recipients. ..
- Factor lXa-Factor Vllla complexes in blood coagulationBruce Furie; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- STRUCTURAL STUDIES OF BLOOD CLOTTING PROTEINSJOHN WEISEL; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- A Novel and Non-Invasive Method of Dermal SamplingSamir Mitragotri; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Chemical Genetic Analysis of Platelet Granule SecretionRobert Flaumenhaft; Fiscal Year: 2008..Once identified, compounds will be tested in a previously established battery of platelet function tests and evaluated for antithrombotic potential in an in vivo murine model of thrombus formation. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CDP-choline: Mechanisms in Cerebral IschemiaRAO ADIBHATLA; Fiscal Year: 2006..Arachidonic acid activates neutral sphingomyelinase, resulting in membrane disintegration. PCCT activity was stimulated by exogenous CDP-choline. Aim 2 will be tested in gerbil transient forebrain ischemia. ..
- Development of a combination therapy for the treatment of prostate cancerFRANCIS MARKLAND; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will advance the clinical potential of this novel anticancer protein. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DECIPHER STICHJULIO PANZA; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- OPTIMIZING MANAGEMENT OF TRANSIENT ISCHEMIC ATTACKSS Johnston; Fiscal Year: 2005..This research will provide important results for clinicians and policy makers, and will foster the applicant's development as a health services researcher in cerebrovascular disease. ..
- Aging, Adenosine and Platelet-Mediated ThrombosisKarin Przyklenk; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..