Genomes and Genes
Summary: Drugs that are used to treat RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS.
Publications329 found, 100 shown here
- EULAR recommendations for the management of rheumatoid arthritis with synthetic and biological disease-modifying antirheumatic drugsJosef S Smolen
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine 3, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Ann Rheum Dis 69:964-75. 2010....
- Treating rheumatoid arthritis to target: recommendations of an international task forceJosef S Smolen
Department of Internal Medicine 3, Division of Rheumatology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, Vienna, Austria
Ann Rheum Dis 69:631-7. 2010..Aiming at therapeutic targets has reduced the risk of organ failure in many diseases such as diabetes or hypertension. Such targets have not been defined for rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Rheumatoid arthritisDavid L Scott
Department of Rheumatology, King s College London School of Medicine, London, UK
Lancet 376:1094-108. 2010..Infections and high costs restrict prescription of biological agents. Long-term remission induced by intensive, short-term treatment selected by biomarker profiles is the ultimate goal...
- Tofacitinib or adalimumab versus placebo in rheumatoid arthritisRonald F van Vollenhoven
Karolinska Institute, Stockholm
N Engl J Med 367:508-19. 2012..Tofacitinib (CP-690,550) is a novel oral Janus kinase inhibitor that is being investigated for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis...
- Placebo-controlled trial of tofacitinib monotherapy in rheumatoid arthritisRoy Fleischmann
Metroplex Clinical Research Center, Dallas, TX 75231, USA
N Engl J Med 367:495-507. 2012..Tofacitinib (CP-690,550) is a novel oral Janus kinase inhibitor that is being investigated as a targeted immunomodulator and disease-modifying therapy for rheumatoid arthritis...
- The PREMIER study: A multicenter, randomized, double-blind clinical trial of combination therapy with adalimumab plus methotrexate versus methotrexate alone or adalimumab alone in patients with early, aggressive rheumatoid arthritis who had not had previoFerdinand C Breedveld
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Centre, Albinusdreef 2, C4 R Postbox 9600, Leiden 2300 RC, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 54:26-37. 2006..To compare the efficacy and safety of adalimumab plus methotrexate (MTX) versus MTX monotherapy or adalimumab monotherapy in patients with early, aggressive rheumatoid arthritis (RA) who had not previously received MTX treatment...
- Rheumatoid arthritisLars Klareskog
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet and Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Lancet 373:659-72. 2009..Understanding the cause and pathogenesis of different rheumatoid arthritis subsets will lead not only to individualised treatments during early phases of the illness but also, possibly, to disease prevention...
- Comparison of tocilizumab monotherapy versus methotrexate monotherapy in patients with moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis: the AMBITION studyG Jones
Menzies Research Institute, University of Tasmania, Hobart, TAS 7001, Australia
Ann Rheum Dis 69:88-96. 2010..The anti-interleukin (IL) 6 receptor antibody tocilizumab inhibits signalling of IL6, a key cytokine in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) pathogenesis...
- Adding tocilizumab or switching to tocilizumab monotherapy in methotrexate inadequate responders: 24-week symptomatic and structural results of a 2-year randomised controlled strategy trial in rheumatoid arthritis (ACT-RAY)Maxime Dougados
Department of Rheumatology, Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
Ann Rheum Dis 72:43-50. 2013..In patients with active rheumatoid arthritis (RA) despite methotrexate, to compare the efficacy of adding tocilizumab to that of switching to tocilizumab monotherapy...
- Tocilizumab inhibits structural joint damage in rheumatoid arthritis patients with inadequate responses to methotrexate: results from the double-blind treatment phase of a randomized placebo-controlled trial of tocilizumab safety and prevention of structuJoel M Kremer
Albany Medical College and Center for Rheumatology, Albany, New York 12206, USA
Arthritis Rheum 63:609-21. 2011....
- 2010 Update of the international ASAS recommendations for the use of anti-TNF agents in patients with axial spondyloarthritisDesiree van der Heijde
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 70:905-8. 2011..Sulfasalazine is no longer mandatory in this group of patients. Finally, efficacy should be evaluated after at least 12 weeks. The remaining recommendations stayed largely unchanged...
- American College of Rheumatology/European League against Rheumatism provisional definition of remission in rheumatoid arthritis for clinical trialsDavid T Felson
Correspondence to Maarten Boers, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, VU University Medical Center, PK 6Z 165, PO Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 70:404-13. 2011..This work was undertaken to develop such a definition...
- State-of-the-art: rheumatoid arthritisIain B McInnes
Institute of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation, Glasgow Biomedical Research Centre, University of Glasgow, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 69:1898-906. 2010..Throughout the review, emphasis is placed on unanswered questions and challenges in this exciting field...
- Phase IIb dose-ranging study of the oral JAK inhibitor tofacitinib (CP-690,550) or adalimumab monotherapy versus placebo in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis with an inadequate response to disease-modifying antirheumatic drugsRoy Fleischmann
Metroplex Clinical Research Center and University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75231, USA
Arthritis Rheum 64:617-29. 2012....
- Low-dose prednisone inclusion in a methotrexate-based, tight control strategy for early rheumatoid arthritis: a randomized trialMarije F Bakker
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology and Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, and Diakonessenhuis, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Ann Intern Med 156:329-39. 2012..Treatment strategies for tight control of early rheumatoid arthritis (RA) are highly effective but can be improved...
- Tofacitinib (CP-690,550) in patients with rheumatoid arthritis receiving methotrexate: twelve-month data from a twenty-four-month phase III randomized radiographic studyDesiree van der Heijde
Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 65:559-70. 2013..Data from a planned 12-month interim analysis are reported...
- Postmarketing surveillance of tocilizumab for rheumatoid arthritis in Japan: interim analysis of 3881 patientsTakao Koike
Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Hokkaido, Japan
Ann Rheum Dis 70:2148-51. 2011..An interim analysis of an all-patient postmarketing surveillance programme in Japan to investigate the safety of tocilizumab for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in the real world...
- New therapies for treatment of rheumatoid arthritisJosef S Smolen
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine III, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Lancet 370:1861-74. 2007..Novel therapeutic strategies in conjunction with optimised disease assessment for better treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and an outlook into potential future targets are also presented...
- Efficacy of tocilizumab in patients with moderate to severe active rheumatoid arthritis and a previous inadequate response to disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs: the ROSE studyYusuf Yazici
New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 71:198-205. 2012..To evaluate efficacy of tocilizumab in US patients with moderate to severe active rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and inadequate clinical response to disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARD). Safety-related outcomes were also analysed...
- Clinical, functional and radiographic consequences of achieving stable low disease activity and remission with adalimumab plus methotrexate or methotrexate alone in early rheumatoid arthritis: 26-week results from the randomised, controlled OPTIMA studyArthur Kavanaugh
UCSD, UCSD, Rheumatology, Allergy, Immunology, La Jolla, CA, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 72:64-71. 2013..2 at weeks 22 and 26) and clinical, radiographic and functional outcomes in methotrexate-naive patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- A phase II, double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled study of BMS945429 (ALD518) in patients with rheumatoid arthritis with an inadequate response to methotrexateP Mease
Division of Rheumatology Research, Swedish Medical Center and University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 71:1183-9. 2012..Interleukin 6 (IL-6) plays a key role in the inflammatory cascade in rheumatoid arthritis. BMS945429 is a humanised, monoclonal antibody that potently binds IL-6...
- 2010 update of the ASAS/EULAR recommendations for the management of ankylosing spondylitisJ Braun
Rheumazentrum Ruhrgebiet, Landgrafenstrasse 15, 44652 Herne, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 70:896-904. 2011..There are now 11 bullet points including 2 new ones, one related to extra-articular manifestations and one to changes in the disease course. With a mean score of 9.1 (range 8-10) the SOR was generally very good...
- Golimumab, a new human tumor necrosis factor alpha antibody, administered every four weeks as a subcutaneous injection in psoriatic arthritis: Twenty-four-week efficacy and safety results of a randomized, placebo-controlled studyArthur Kavanaugh
University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0943, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:976-86. 2009..To assess the efficacy and safety of golimumab in patients with active psoriatic arthritis (PsA)...
- Current evidence for the management of rheumatoid arthritis with biological disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs: a systematic literature review informing the EULAR recommendations for the management of RAJ L Nam
Section of Musculoskeletal Disease, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, 2nd Floor, Chapel Allerton Hospital, Chapeltown Road, Leeds LS7 4SA, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 69:976-86. 2010..To review the evidence for the efficacy and safety of biological agents in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) to provide data to develop treatment recommendations by the European League Against Rheumatism (EULAR) Task Force...
- Validation of the 28-joint Disease Activity Score (DAS28) and European League Against Rheumatism response criteria based on C-reactive protein against disease progression in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, and comparison with the DAS28 based on erythrG Wells
Department of Epidemiology and Community Medicine, University of Ottawa, Canada
Ann Rheum Dis 68:954-60. 2009..To validate and compare the definition of the Disease Activity Score 28 based on C-reactive protein (DAS28 (CRP)) to the definition based on erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR)...
- Efficacy and safety of abatacept or infliximab vs placebo in ATTEST: a phase III, multi-centre, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and an inadequate response to methotrexateM Schiff
Denver Arthritis Clinic, 200 Spruce Street 100, Denver, CO 80230, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 67:1096-103. 2008..The primary objective of this study was to evaluate the mean change from baseline in Disease Activity Score (based on erythrocyte sedimentation rates; DAS28 (ESR)) for the abatacept vs placebo groups at day 197...
- Clinical efficacy and safety of abatacept in methotrexate-naive patients with early rheumatoid arthritis and poor prognostic factorsR Westhovens
UZ Gasthuisberg, Department of Rheumatology, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Ann Rheum Dis 68:1870-7. 2009..To assess the efficacy and safety of abatacept in methotrexate-naive patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and poor prognostic factors...
- Golimumab, a human anti-tumor necrosis factor alpha monoclonal antibody, injected subcutaneously every four weeks in methotrexate-naive patients with active rheumatoid arthritis: twenty-four-week results of a phase III, multicenter, randomized, double-bliPaul Emery
University of Leeds, NIHR Leeds Musculoskeletal Biomedical Research Unit, corrected Leeds, UK
Arthritis Rheum 60:2272-83. 2009..To assess the safety and efficacy of golimumab in methotrexate (MTX)-naive patients with active rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Long-term safety of methotrexate monotherapy in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a systematic literature researchC Salliot
Paris Descartes University, Medicine Faculty, Rheumatology B Department, Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
Ann Rheum Dis 68:1100-4. 2009..To perform a systematic literature review of the long-term safety of methotrexate (MTX) monotherapy in rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- American College of Rheumatology/European League Against Rheumatism provisional definition of remission in rheumatoid arthritis for clinical trialsDavid T Felson
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Arthritis Rheum 63:573-86. 2011..This work was undertaken to develop such a definition...
- Ankylosing Spondylitis Disease Activity Score (ASDAS): defining cut-off values for disease activity states and improvement scoresPedro Machado
Rheumatology Department, Coimbra University Hospital, Coimbra, Portugal
Ann Rheum Dis 70:47-53. 2011..Criteria for disease activity states and improvement scores are important for use in clinical practice, observational studies and clinical trials and so far have not been developed for the ASDAS...
- Comparative effectiveness and safety of biological treatment options after tumour necrosis factor α inhibitor failure in rheumatoid arthritis: systematic review and indirect pairwise meta-analysisMonika Schoels
2nd Department of Internal Medicine, Hietzing Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Ann Rheum Dis 71:1303-8. 2012..Optimal treatment for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) after inadequate response (IR) to tumour necrosis factor α inhibitors (TNFi) remains uncertain...
- Therapies for active rheumatoid arthritis after methotrexate failureJAMES R O'DELL
Veterans Affairs VA Nebraska Western Iowa Health Care System and University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68105, USA
N Engl J Med 369:307-18. 2013....
- Golimumab in combination with methotrexate in Japanese patients with active rheumatoid arthritis: results of the GO-FORTH studyYoshiya Tanaka
The First Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu City, Japan
Ann Rheum Dis 71:817-24. 2012..To assess the efficacy and safety of golimumab + methotrexate (MTX) in Japanese patients with active rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- A phase IIb dose-ranging study of the oral JAK inhibitor tofacitinib (CP-690,550) versus placebo in combination with background methotrexate in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis and an inadequate response to methotrexate aloneJoel M Kremer
Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12206, USA
Arthritis Rheum 64:970-81. 2012....
- Tocilizumab monotherapy versus adalimumab monotherapy for treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (ADACTA): a randomised, double-blind, controlled phase 4 trialCem Gabay
University Hospitals of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Lancet 381:1541-50. 2013..We assessed the efficacy and safety of tocilizumab monotherapy compared with adalimumab monotherapy for patients with rheumatoid arthritis...
- A systematic literature review of drug therapies for the treatment of psoriatic arthritis: current evidence and meta-analysis informing the EULAR recommendations for the management of psoriatic arthritisZoe Ash
Section of Musculoskeletal Disease, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 71:319-26. 2012....
- Updated consensus statement on the use of rituximab in patients with rheumatoid arthritisMaya H Buch
Section of Musculoskeletal Diseases, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 70:909-20. 2011..Information has also been gathered from registries. This report therefore updates the 2007 consensus document on the use of rituximab in the treatment of RA...
- Long-term safety and efficacy of tocilizumab, an anti-IL-6 receptor monoclonal antibody, in monotherapy, in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (the STREAM study): evidence of safety and efficacy in a 5-year extension studyN Nishimoto
Laboratory of Immune Regulation, Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, 1 3 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Ann Rheum Dis 68:1580-4. 2009..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of 5-year, long-term tocilizumab monotherapy for patients with rheumatoid arthritis...
- Understanding emerging treatment paradigms in rheumatoid arthritisFerdinand C Breedveld
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center, C1 39, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Arthritis Res Ther 13:S3. 2011..In the present review, we summarize the salient points of several recently proposed and emerging treatment paradigms with an emphasis on how these strategies may impact future practice...
- An explanation for the apparent dissociation between clinical remission and continued structural deterioration in rheumatoid arthritisA K Brown
Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, and Chapel Allerton Hospital, Leeds, UK
Arthritis Rheum 58:2958-67. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the long-term significance of subclinical synovitis and its relationship to structural outcome...
- Synovial tissue macrophages: a sensitive biomarker for response to treatment in patients with rheumatoid arthritisJ J Haringman
Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, F4 218, Academic Medical Centre University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, NL 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 64:834-8. 2005..Previous work identified synovial sublining macrophage numbers as a potential biomarker for clinical efficacy in rheumatoid arthritis...
- Low-dose prednisolone in addition to the initial disease-modifying antirheumatic drug in patients with early active rheumatoid arthritis reduces joint destruction and increases the remission rate: a two-year randomized trialBjörn Svensson
University of Lund, Lund, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 52:3360-70. 2005..To assess the efficacy of low-dose prednisolone on joint damage and disease activity in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Ankylosing spondylitisJurgen Braun
Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Rheumazentrum Ruhrgebiet, 44652 Herne, Germany
Lancet 369:1379-90. 2007..The new treatment options with tumour necrosis factor blockers seems a breakthrough for patients refractory to conventional treatment...
- A simplified disease activity index for rheumatoid arthritis for use in clinical practiceJ S Smolen
University of Vienna and Lainz Hospital, Austria
Rheumatology (Oxford) 42:244-57. 2003..The objective of this study was to verify the usefulness of a simple disease activity index (SDAI) for rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Rituximab for rheumatoid arthritis refractory to anti-tumor necrosis factor therapy: Results of a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III trial evaluating primary efficacy and safety at twenty-four weeksStanley B Cohen
Radiant Research, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:2793-806. 2006....
- Efficacy and safety of the selective co-stimulation modulator abatacept following 2 years of treatment in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and an inadequate response to anti-tumour necrosis factor therapyM C Genovese
Stanford University, Division of Immunology and Rheumatology, 1000 Welch Road 203, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 67:547-54. 2008..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of abatacept during 2 years of the ATTAIN (Abatacept Trial in Treatment of Anti-TNF INadequate responders) trial in patients with rheumatoid arthritis...
- Inhibition of joint damage and improved clinical outcomes with rituximab plus methotrexate in early active rheumatoid arthritis: the IMAGE trialP P Tak
Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, Academic Medical Center University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 70:39-46. 2011..The objective of the IMAGE study was to determine the efficacy of rituximab in the prevention of joint damage and its safety in combination with methotrexate (MTX) in patients initiating treatment with MTX...
- Rheumatoid arthritis risk allele PTPRC is also associated with response to anti-tumor necrosis factor alpha therapyJing Cui
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Arthritis Rheum 62:1849-61. 2010..The aim of the present study was to test established RA genetic risk factors to determine whether the same alleles also influence the response to anti-TNF therapy...
- Direct comparison of treatment responses, remission rates, and drug adherence in patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with adalimumab, etanercept, or infliximab: results from eight years of surveillance of clinical practice in the nationwide Danish Merete Lund Hetland
DANBIO Registry, Copenhagen University Hospital, Department of Rheumatology, Hvidovre, Denmark
Arthritis Rheum 62:22-32. 2010....
- Subcutaneous abatacept versus intravenous abatacept: a phase IIIb noninferiority study in patients with an inadequate response to methotrexateM C Genovese
Stanford University, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Arthritis Rheum 63:2854-64. 2011..To compare the efficacy and safety of subcutaneous (SC) and intravenous (IV) abatacept...
- Long-term safety, efficacy and inhibition of radiographic progression with abatacept treatment in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and an inadequate response to methotrexate: 3-year results from the AIM trialJoel M Kremer
Center for Rheumatology, Albany Medical College, 1367 Washington Ave, Albany, NY 12206, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 70:1826-30. 2011..To evaluate abatacept treatment over 3 years in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) refractory to methotrexate (MTX)...
- Safety of low dose glucocorticoid treatment in rheumatoid arthritis: published evidence and prospective trial dataJ A P da Silva
Reumatologia, Hospitais da Universidade, 3000 075 Coimbra, Portugal
Ann Rheum Dis 65:285-93. 2006..Safety data from recent randomised controlled clinical trials of low dose glucocorticoid treatment in RA suggest that adverse effects associated with this drug are modest, and often not statistically different from those of placebo...
- Granulomatous infectious diseases associated with tumor necrosis factor antagonistsR S Wallis
Department of Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Clin Infect Dis 38:1261-5. 2004..25-fold greater among patients who received infliximab than among those who received etanercept. The clustering of reports shortly after initiation of treatment with infliximab is consistent with reactivation of latent infection...
- Golimumab in psoriatic arthritis: one-year clinical efficacy, radiographic, and safety results from a phase III, randomized, placebo-controlled trialArthur Kavanaugh
Division of Rheumatology, Allergy, and Immunology, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, Room A 112, La Jolla, CA 92093 0943, USA
Arthritis Rheum 64:2504-17. 2012..Herein we report 1-year clinical, radiographic, and safety findings...
- Influence of immunogenicity on the efficacy of long-term treatment with infliximab in rheumatoid arthritisDora Pascual-Salcedo
Immunology Unit, Hospital La Paz, Paseo de la Castellana 261, 28046 Madrid, Spain
Rheumatology (Oxford) 50:1445-52. 2011..To analyse the clinical relevance of the production of anti-infliximab antibodies (anti-infliximab Abs) in patients with RA undergoing infliximab treatment over a prolonged period of time...
- Head-to-head comparison of subcutaneous abatacept versus adalimumab for rheumatoid arthritis: findings of a phase IIIb, multinational, prospective, randomized studyMichael E Weinblatt
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Arthritis Rheum 65:28-38. 2013..Therefore, this study was undertaken as the first head-to-head comparison of subcutaneous (SC) abatacept and SC adalimumab, both administered along with background methotrexate (MTX), for the treatment of RA...
- Performance of the 2010 ACR/EULAR criteria for rheumatoid arthritis: comparison with 1987 ACR criteria in a very early synovitis cohortMohammed Z Cader
Department of Rheumatology, Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust, Birmingham, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 70:949-55. 2011..This study therefore assesses the performance of these new criteria in patients with early synovitis...
- In early rheumatoid arthritis, patients with a good initial response to methotrexate have excellent 2-year clinical outcomes, but radiological progression is not fully prevented: data from the methotrexate responders population in the SWEFOT trialHamed Rezaei
Unit of Clinical Therapy Research, Inflammatory Diseases, The Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Rheum Dis 71:186-91. 2012..To investigate the 2-year clinical and radiological outcomes of patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (RA; symptom duration <1 year) who had initially responded well to methotrexate monotherapy...
- Classification of rheumatoid arthritis: comparison of the 1987 American College of Rheumatology criteria and the 2010 American College of Rheumatology/European League Against Rheumatism criteriaM P M van der Linden
Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 63:37-42. 2011....
- An oral Syk kinase inhibitor in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis: a three-month randomized, placebo-controlled, phase II study in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis that did not respond to biologic agentsMark C Genovese
Division of Immunology and Rheumatology, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California, USA
Arthritis Rheum 63:337-45. 2011..To assess the efficacy and safety of R788 (fostamatinib disodium), an inhibitor of spleen tyrosine kinase (Syk), in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis (RA) that did not respond to biologic therapies...
- The need for personalised medicine for rheumatoid arthritisJohn D Isaacs
Institute of Cellular Medicine, Musculoskeletal Research Group, Newcastle University, Newcastle, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 70:4-7. 2011....
- Highest clinical effectiveness of rituximab in autoantibody-positive patients with rheumatoid arthritis and in those for whom no more than one previous TNF antagonist has failed: pooled data from 10 European registriesKaterina Chatzidionysiou
Department of Rheumatology, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Rheum Dis 70:1575-80. 2011..To assess the 6-month effectiveness of the first rituximab (RTX) course in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and to identify possible predictors of response...
- Adalimumab safety and mortality rates from global clinical trials of six immune-mediated inflammatory diseasesG R Burmester
Charite University Medicine Berlin, Free University and Humboldt University of Berlin, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 68:1863-9. 2009..To assess the safety of adalimumab in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) over time and across five other immune-mediated inflammatory diseases and to compare adalimumab malignancy and mortality rates with data on the general population...
- Impact of T-cell costimulation modulation in patients with undifferentiated inflammatory arthritis or very early rheumatoid arthritis: a clinical and imaging study of abatacept (the ADJUST trial)P Emery
Section of Musculoskeletal Disease, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds corrected
Ann Rheum Dis 69:510-6. 2010..Several agents provide treatment for established rheumatoid arthritis (RA), but a crucial therapeutic goal is to delay/prevent progression of undifferentiated arthritis (UA) or very early RA...
- Development of antidrug antibodies against adalimumab and association with disease activity and treatment failure during long-term follow-upGeertje M Bartelds
Jan van Breemen Research Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
JAMA 305:1460-8. 2011..Little is known about the clinical relevance of antidrug antibodies against these drugs during long-term follow-up...
- Drug-specific risk of tuberculosis in patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with anti-TNF therapy: results from the British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register (BSRBR)W G Dixon
ARC Epidemiology Unit, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 69:522-8. 2010....
- EULAR recommendations for the management of early arthritis: report of a task force of the European Standing Committee for International Clinical Studies Including Therapeutics (ESCISIT)B Combe
Immuno Rhumatologie, Lapeyronie Hosp, Montpellier, France
Ann Rheum Dis 66:34-45. 2007..To formulate EULAR recommendations for the management of early arthritis...
- Efficacy and safety of various repeat treatment dosing regimens of rituximab in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis: results of a Phase III randomized study (MIRROR)Andrea Rubbert-Roth
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Rheumatology (Oxford) 49:1683-93. 2010..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of three dosing and repeat treatment regimens of rituximab (RTX) plus MTX in patients with active RA...
- Rituximab inhibits structural joint damage in patients with rheumatoid arthritis with an inadequate response to tumour necrosis factor inhibitor therapiesE Keystone
Division of Rheumatology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Ann Rheum Dis 68:216-21. 2009..To determine if treatment with a B cell-targeted therapy can inhibit the progression of structural joint damage in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA), exhibiting an inadequate response to tumour necrosis factor (TNF) inhibitors...
- Evidence for treating rheumatoid arthritis to target: results of a systematic literature searchMonika Schoels
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine 3, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, Vienna, Austria
Ann Rheum Dis 69:638-43. 2010..To summarise existing evidence on a target oriented approach for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) treatment...
- Efficacy and tolerability of tocilizumab in rheumatoid arthritis patients seen in daily clinical practice in Japan: results from a retrospective study (REACTION study)Hisashi Yamanaka
Institute of Rheumatology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 10 22 Kawada cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, 162 0054, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 21:122-33. 2011..Tocilizumab infusion is therefore applicable not only as an alternative approach for anti-TNF therapy-resistant patients, but also as primary biologic therapy for active RA patients...
- Bayesian meta-analysis of multiple treatment comparisons: an introduction to mixed treatment comparisonsJeroen P Jansen
Mapi Values Ltd, Boston, MA 02108, USA
Value Health 11:956-64. 2008..Next, the Bayesian MTC for continuous outcomes are presented. We finish with a discussion of how MTC can best be presented in order to maximize acceptance by target audiences, i.e., clinicians and market access decision-makers...
- Treatment recommendations for psoriatic arthritisC T Ritchlin
Clinical Immunology Research Center, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 695, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 68:1387-94. 2009..To develop comprehensive recommendations for the treatment of the various clinical manifestations of psoriatic arthritis (PsA) based on evidence obtained from a systematic review of the literature and from consensus opinion...
- Efficacy and safety of different doses and retreatment of rituximab: a randomised, placebo-controlled trial in patients who are biological naive with active rheumatoid arthritis and an inadequate response to methotrexate (Study Evaluating Rituximab's EffiP Emery
Section of Musculoskeletal Disease, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds corrected
Ann Rheum Dis 69:1629-35. 2010..This phase III study evaluated the efficacy and safety of rituximab plus methotrexate (MTX) in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis (RA) who had an inadequate response to MTX and who were naïve to prior biological treatment...
- ASDAS, a highly discriminatory ASAS-endorsed disease activity score in patients with ankylosing spondylitisD van der Heijde
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 68:1811-8. 2009....
- Genome-wide association scan identifies candidate polymorphisms associated with differential response to anti-TNF treatment in rheumatoid arthritisChunyu Liu
Biogen Idec Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Mol Med 14:575-81. 2008..Replications of these results in independent and larger data sets clearly are required. We provide a reference list of candidate SNPs (P < 0.01) that can be investigated in future pharmacogenomic studies...
- Therapeutic effect of the combination of etanercept and methotrexate compared with each treatment alone in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: double-blind randomised controlled trialLars Klareskog
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institute Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm 17176, Sweden
Lancet 363:675-81. 2004..We aimed to assess combination treatment with etanercept and methotrexate versus the monotherapies in patients with rheumatoid arthritis...
- Rates of serious infection, including site-specific and bacterial intracellular infection, in rheumatoid arthritis patients receiving anti-tumor necrosis factor therapy: results from the British Society for Rheumatology Biologics RegisterW G Dixon
British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register Control Centre Consortium, Manchester, UK
Arthritis Rheum 54:2368-76. 2006....
- Radiographic progression of ankylosing spondylitis after up to two years of treatment with etanerceptD van der Heijde
Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 58:1324-31. 2008..To investigate the effect of etanercept therapy on radiographic progression in patients with ankylosing spondylitis (AS)...
- Interleukin-6 receptor inhibition with tocilizumab reduces disease activity in rheumatoid arthritis with inadequate response to disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs: the tocilizumab in combination with traditional disease-modifying antirheumatic drug theMark C Genovese
Division of Rheumatology, Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Arthritis Rheum 58:2968-80. 2008..To examine the efficacy and safety of the humanized anti-interleukin-6 receptor antibody tocilizumab combined with conventional disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs) in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Anti-TNF therapy is associated with an increased risk of serious infections in patients with rheumatoid arthritis especially in the first 6 months of treatment: updated results from the British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register with special emphJames B Galloway
Arthritis Research UK Epidemiology Unit, The University of Manchester, Department of Infectious Diseases, North Manchester General Hospital, Stopford Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 50:124-31. 2011..To evaluate the risk of serious infections (SIs) in patients with RA treated with anti-TNF therapy with emphasis on the risk across different ages...
- American College of Rheumatology 2008 recommendations for the use of nonbiologic and biologic disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs in rheumatoid arthritisKenneth G Saag
University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL, USA
Arthritis Rheum 59:762-84. 2008
- IL-6 receptor inhibition with tocilizumab improves treatment outcomes in patients with rheumatoid arthritis refractory to anti-tumour necrosis factor biologicals: results from a 24-week multicentre randomised placebo-controlled trialP Emery
Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 67:1516-23. 2008..The phase III RADIATE study examined the efficacy and safety of tocilizumab, an anti-IL-6 receptor monoclonal antibody in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) refractory to tumour necrosis factor (TNF) antagonist therapy...
- The pattern of response to anti-interleukin-1 treatment distinguishes two subsets of patients with systemic-onset juvenile idiopathic arthritisMarco Gattorno
G Gaslini Institute, Genoa, Italy
Arthritis Rheum 58:1505-15. 2008..To assess the clinical response to interleukin-1 (IL-1) blockade and in vitro IL-1beta and IL-18 secretion in patients with systemic-onset juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA)...
- Utility of animal models for identification of potential therapeutics for rheumatoid arthritisM Hegen
Inflammation Discovery Research, Wyeth Research, Cambridge, MA 02140 2311, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 67:1505-15. 2008....
- Guidelines of care for the management of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis: Section 2. Psoriatic arthritis: overview and guidelines of care for treatment with an emphasis on the biologicsAlice Gottlieb
Department of Dermatology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 58:851-64. 2008..We will discuss the use of disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs and the biologic therapies in the treatment of patients with moderate to severe psoriatic arthritis...
- An oral spleen tyrosine kinase (Syk) inhibitor for rheumatoid arthritisMichael E Weinblatt
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology, and Allergy, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
N Engl J Med 363:1303-12. 2010..The objective of this phase 2 study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of R788, an oral inhibitor of Syk, in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis despite methotrexate therapy...
- Short-term adalimumab therapy improves endo-thelial function in patients with rheumatoid arthritis refractory to infliximabC Gonzalez-Juanatey
Cardiology, Hospital Xeral Calde, Lugo, Spain
Clin Exp Rheumatol 24:309-12. 2006..In this study we aimed to assess whether adalimumab, a fully human monoclonal antibody directed against TNF-alpha, was able to improve endothelial function in RA patients with long-standing disease refractory to infliximab...
- Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (anakinra) treatment in patients with systemic-onset juvenile idiopathic arthritis or adult onset Still disease: preliminary experience in FranceT Lequerre
Rheumatology Department, Rouen University Hospital and Inserm 905, 76031 Rouen, France
Ann Rheum Dis 67:302-8. 2008..Anakinra treatment has been reported to be effective in some patients with systemic-onset juvenile idiopathic arthritis (SoJIA) or adult-onset Still disease (AoSD)...
- Systematic review of tocilizumab for rheumatoid arthritis: a new biologic agent targeting the interleukin-6 receptorIris Navarro-Millan
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Clin Ther 34:788-802.e3. 2012....
- Biologics-based therapy for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritisD L Scott
Department of Rheumatology, King s College London School of Medicine, Weston Education Centre, London, UK
Clin Pharmacol Ther 91:30-43. 2012..They are mainly coadministered with disease-modifying drugs such as methotrexate when the latter are found to achieve insufficient disease control on their own...
- Tocilizumab inhibits progression of joint damage in rheumatoid arthritis irrespective of its anti-inflammatory effects: disassociation of the link between inflammation and destructionJosef S Smolen
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine 3, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Ann Rheum Dis 71:687-93. 2012..Such disassociation of disease activity and structural damage has not been shown for biological agents other than TNF-i...
- Similar effects of disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs, glucocorticoids, and biologic agents on radiographic progression in rheumatoid arthritis: meta-analysis of 70 randomized placebo-controlled or drug-controlled studies, including 112 comparisonsNiels Graudal
Copenhagen University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Arthritis Rheum 62:2852-63. 2010..To define the differences in effects on joint destruction in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients between therapy with single and combination disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs), glucocorticoids, and biologic agents...
- Sensitivity and specificity of 2010 rheumatoid arthritis classification criteriaYuko Kaneko
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Rheumatology (Oxford) 50:1268-74. 2011..To validate the sensitivity and specificity of the 2010 RA classification criteria...
- Conventional combination treatment versus biological treatment in methotrexate-refractory early rheumatoid arthritis: 2 year follow-up of the randomised, non-blinded, parallel-group Swefot trialRonald F van Vollenhoven
Unit for Clinical Therapy Research, Inflammatory Diseases, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Lancet 379:1712-20. 2012..Here we report the 2 year follow-up assessment...
- Discontinuing treatment in patients with rheumatoid arthritis in sustained clinical remission: exploratory analyses from the BeSt studyN B Klarenbeek
Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 70:315-9. 2011..To determine the relapse rate after discontinuing treatment in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in sustained clinical remission, to identify predictors of a relapse and to evaluate treatment response after restarting treatment...
- Efficacy of abatacept and tocilizumab in patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated in clinical practice: results from the nationwide Danish DANBIO registryHenrik Christian Leffers
Department of Rheumatology, Copenhagen University Hospital Glostrup, Glostrup, Denmark
Ann Rheum Dis 70:1216-22. 2011....
- Summary of AHRQ's comparative effectiveness review of drug therapy for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in adults--an updateJasvinder A Singh
Medicine and Epidemiology, Division of Clinical Immunology Rheumatology, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL 35294 USA
J Manag Care Pharm 18:S1-18. 2012..The report reveals there is still much research to be done concerning the side effects of these agents and their influence in different patient subgroups...
- Tumour necrosis factor antagonist use and associated risk reduction of cardiovascular events among patients with rheumatoid arthritisJeffrey D Greenberg
Department of Rheumatology, New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases, 301 East 17th Street, Suite 1410, New York, NY 10003, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 70:576-82. 2011..To examine the association of cardiovascular events with tumour necrosis factor (TNF) α antagonist use compared with non-biological disease-modifying antirheumatic drug (DMARD) utilisation in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Time to achieve remission determines time to be in remissionLydia G Schipper
Department of Rheumatology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Geert Grooteplein 8, Nijmegen, 6500 HB, The Netherlands
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R97. 2010..The aim was to study the association between time-to-remission and sustainability of remission in a cohort of early RA patients treated according to daily practice...
- Pharmacology of Antirheumatic DrugsBruce Cronstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- High Throughput Screen for Novel Anti-Rheumatic CompoundsDale J Christensen; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this we propose to develop assays that will help to identify these novel drug leads that can be used to develop a new anti-RA therapy. ..
- Cervical Dysplasia and Human Papillomavirus Infection in Rheumatoid Arthritis.SEOYOUNG CATHERINE KIM; Fiscal Year: 2013..Both Divisions have valuable resources including space, equipment, and knowledgeable faculty including experts in RA research as well as pharmacoepidemiology to help me achieve my goals. ..
- Developing Small MIF Inhibitors for Rheumatoid ArthritisChristian Grant; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dose finding studies and PK profiling will first be performed with a preference for oral dosing. An optimized dose and route of administration will then be chosen to test the therapeutic efficacy of two lead compounds in the RA models ..
- Modifiable Disparities in Treatment for Rheumatoid ArthritisDANIEL HAL SOLOMON; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Vanderbilt Multidisciplinary Clinical Research CenterCharles M Stein; Fiscal Year: 2012..The VMCRC is situated in an environment that provides an extraordinarily rich research base as well as outstanding institutional resources and a commitment to clinical research that will facilitate success of the Center. ..
- 99mTc-DTB-Antifol-Pteroyls (RadioDAPs): Theranostics for Rheumatoid ArthritisJohn A Zebala; Fiscal Year: 2011..The proposed RadioDAP technology will be used to simultaneously improve RA therapy and diagnosis. ..
- Discovery of tissue-selective, nonhypercalcemic VDR modulators for RA treatmentDuane D Miller; Fiscal Year: 2013..Success in developing such agents will not only have high impact for RA, but will also have significant impact in treating many other autoimmune diseases. ..
- Central Pain Mechanisms, Pain Intensity and Drug Response in Rheumatoid ArthritisYVONNE CLAIRE LEE; Fiscal Year: 2013..The results of this study will have an important positive impact by identifying mechanism-based targets for pain management in systemic inflammatory diseases. ..
- Genetic predictors of response to anti-TNF therapy in rheumatoid arthritisSoumya Raychaudhuri; Fiscal Year: 2013..In theory, identifying specific pieces of DNA ("alleles") that predict treatment response should aid in targeting therapy to the right individuals early in the course of disease before bone destruction occurs. ..
- Treatment of Early Aggressive Rheumatoid Arthritis TEARLarry Moreland; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- RHEUMATIC DISEASES CORE CENTERGregg Silverman; Fiscal Year: 2006..An Administrative Core (PI-G.J. Silverman, Center Director) will provide overall direction and supervision to all Center programs through an Executive Committee, which will be assisted by an Outside Advisory Committee. ..
- CII ORAL TOLERANCE INDUCTION IN RA PATIENTS OFF NSAIDSArnold Postlethwaite; Fiscal Year: 2001..In summary, by withdrawing NSAIDs, which interfere with oral tolerance induction, from RA patients we believe this study will fully explore the therapeutic potential of oral CII tolerance induction in RA. ..
- Predictors of Treatment Response in Early Aggressive RAS Bridges; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- PEMF Efficacy in Reducing Rheumatoid Arthritis SymptomsCheryl Bourguignon; Fiscal Year: 2005..Women in the active and sham PEMF groups will also record their daily intervention use. Descriptive statistics and mixed effects models will be used to conduct the analysis of the aims. ..
- Abatacept Vs TNF Blockade in Early Rheumatoid ArthritisEUGENE ST CLAIR; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed clinical trial will compare the remission-inducing capabilities of two novel therapies for early RA, and search for biomarkers that predict treatment response. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Macromolecular Therapy for Improved Treatment of Rheumatoid ArthritisDong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Eventually, this novel delivery system would lead to improved efficacy and safety profiles for treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory joint disorders. ..
- MKP-1 IN Regulation of Inflammatory Cytokine ProductionYusen Liu; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- IKKi expression and regulation in rheumatoid arthritisGary Firestein; Fiscal Year: 2005..We propose to test the hypothesis that IKKi is an important signal transduction pathway that regulates inflammation in chronic arthritis and is a novel target for development of anti-rheumatic agents. ..
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Induction Trial (RAITMAT)Larry Moreland; Fiscal Year: 2007..This will lead to the development of the proposed Rheumatoid Arthritis Induction Trial with MTX and Anti-TNF Therapy (RAITMAT). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lymphoma in Autoimmune Disease: Consequence of Immune Suppression or Stimulation?Sasha Bernatsky; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our proposed project will help identify patients at highest risk for lymphoma and provide guidance regarding initiation and maintenance of therapy to control SLE. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CLINICAL RESEARCH TRAINING PROGRAMLarry Moreland; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- ANDROGEN AS ADJUNCT THERAPY IN RHEUMATOID ARTHRITISJohn Davis; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- CLINICAL TRAILS IN PEDIATRIC RHEUMATOLOGYDaniel Lovell; Fiscal Year: 2004..2. Determine the long-term efficacy and safety of these treatment regimens in sJRA. ..
- AUTOIMMUNITY AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE BIOLOGY TRAININGWilliam Rigby; Fiscal Year: 2008..These forums facilitate the high level of faculty-student interaction that is traditional at Dartmouth and results in the recognition of our research efforts at both the national and international level. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel Targets of the Von Hippel Lindau GeneWilliam Rigby; Fiscal Year: 2006..We hypothesize that the absence of pVHL results in the activation of the p38 SAPK pathway and hnRNP A2 overexpression and propose to address this and its relevance to GLUT1 mRNA turnover. ..
- REGULATION OF CD154 EXPRESSIONWILLIAM FREDERICK CARSON RIGBY; Fiscal Year: 2010..Importantly, the CD153'UTR CA repeats are polymorphic with certain alleles associated with CD154 overexpression and the development of RA and SLE. ..
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Predictors of Therapeutic ResponseJAMES O DELL; Fiscal Year: 2002..Retrospective analysis of this information can be utilized to plan prospective clinical trials using potentially predictive patterns of cytokine, matrix metalloproteinases, and genetic factors. ..
- Regulation of CD154 gene expression in vivoWilliam Rigby; Fiscal Year: 2002..As a result, we will create a model system with which to study its unique regulation and possibly develop novel approaches to regulating its biosynthesis. ..
- Osteoporosis in Women with Rheumatoid ArthritisDaniel Solomon; Fiscal Year: 2006..This epidemiologic data will inform future trials of osteoporosis treatments among patients with RA. As well, the study cohort will comprise one of the largest RA registries with an explicit plan to examine osteoporosis. ..
- Micellar VIP Nanoparticles for Rheumatoid ArthritisIsrael Rubinstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- The vital role of BAFF in the development of SLEWilliam Stohl; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Henoch Schonlein Purpura and Corticosteroid TreatmentPAMELA WEISS; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The impact of the pneumococcal conjugate vaccine on pneumonia hospitalizationsCARLOS GRIJALVA; Fiscal Year: 2008..We propose the use of NIS and SID for the evaluation of the pneumococcal conjugate vaccination program, using an innovative approach. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RA Comorbidity Bone Health in Men and African AmericansTed Mikuls; Fiscal Year: 2008..Mikuls' continued development as an independent clinical investigator. ..
- Eliciting Patient Treatment Preferences for OsteoporosisLiana Fraenkel; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Growth hormone secretagogue MK-677 therapy in CKD and ESRDWARREN BOLTON; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Tyrosine Kinase Pathways in Autoimmune Arthritis.Ricardo Paniagua; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- derG Immunostimulant Prevention/Treatment of HSV DiseaseDaniel Zimmerman; Fiscal Year: 2003..An integral part of the phase II program will be to further elucidate the target cells and mechanism of action of derG. ..
- Enhancement of methotrexate uptake in childhood ALLJohn McGuire; Fiscal Year: 2009..If successful, this research could provide a way to increase the effectiveness of methotrexate, a key drug used in treating childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia, and thus increase the cure rate in this disease. ..
- Antigen-specific CD8+ T cells and protective immunity to tuberculosisSamuel M Behar; Fiscal Year: 2010..tuberculosis-specific immune response will also be determined. This proposal will directly assess how CFP10-specific CD8+ T cells contribute to host defense and how their function is modulated by immunity and disease. ..
- CYTOKINES AS PREDICTORS OF DISEASE PROGRESSION IN SCLERODERMA LUNG DISEASEMichael Roth; Fiscal Year: 2009..It will also allow us to develop biologic markers and predictors of disease progression and to determine which patients would benefit most from treatment with cytotoxic therapy. ..
- Analysis of Genetic Susceptibility to Anterior UveitisTAMMY MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim 3: To identify specific candidate gene mutations by using SNP marker analysis, by comparative DNA sequencing and by denaturing HPLC analysis. ..
- MS4A Family Members in Health and DiseaseThomas Tedder; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Novel regulatory role of cryopyrin in inflammationHarold Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MULTIDISCIPLINARY TRAINING GRANT - RHEUMATOLOGIC DISEASESherine Gabriel; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Clinical Research Development Program (RMI)Sherine Gabriel; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Strategies for Evaluating and Treating Early SynovitisDavid Pisetsky; Fiscal Year: 2004..Three specific aims are proposed: 1) to develop a clinical trial to test the window-of-opportunity hypothesis; 2) to test recruitment of patients in a pilot study; and 3) to assess ethical issues of early intervention. ..
- CLINICAL RESEARCH TRAINING PROGRAMSherine Gabriel; Fiscal Year: 2004..Together, these characteristics will ensure its success. ..
- Why is Cardiac Risk Increased in Rheumatiod ArthritisDaniel Solomon; Fiscal Year: 2002..ability to control for known cardiovascular risk factors, the extensive medication information allowing for us to explore key hypotheses regarding corticosteroid exposure, and the attempt to simultaneously control for disease severity ..
- IMMUNOLOGICAL BASIS OF SUSCEPTIBILITY TO TUBERCULOSISSamuel Behar; Fiscal Year: 2003..Aim 4. Characterize the immune response to tuberculosis in mouse models that simulate the abnormalities of cell mediated immunity typical of HIV/AIDS patients. ..
- Peptide Vaccine for Experimental Autoimmune MyocarditisDaniel Zimmerman; Fiscal Year: 2003..The effects of J-My-1 administration on the presence and frequency of this cell type will be evaluated. Our goal is to demonstrate that the severity of EAM can be reduced by J-My-1 administration in animals with EAM. ..
- FAMILY STUDIES OF THE GENETICS OF ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITISJohn Reveille; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- COCAINE SMOKING EFFECTS ON LUNG IMMUNITY & HOST DEFENSEMichael Roth; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Randomized Controlled Testing of Osteoporosis EducationDaniel Solomon; Fiscal Year: 2006..A multi-disciplinary Training Advisory Board will review the applicants progress regularly to ensure that the proposed training goals are met. ..
- Revision of ACR Classification Criteria for Systemic Lupus ErythematosusMichelle Petri; Fiscal Year: 2007..This project will lead to updated, validated SLE classification criteria that can be immediately used by both industry and academic clinical trials. ..
- Cognitive Behavioral Determinants in Knee ReplacementMaria Suarez Almazor; Fiscal Year: 2007..The intervention will be based on cognitive behavioral strategies. ..
- TRIPTORELIN FOR OVARY PROTECTION IN CHILDHOOD LIPUSHermine Brunner; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstract Not Provided ..
- Preschool Vision Screening in Primary Care SettingsAlex Kemper; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF B-LYMPHOCYTE RESTRICTED PROTEINSThomas Tedder; Fiscal Year: 2002..Determining how these B cell-restricted proteins regulate B cell function may also provide new methods for treatment of B cell malignancies, autoimmunity and immunodeficiency. ..
- Periodontal Assessment in RA Study (PARAS)Clifton Bingham; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Physical Activity and Quality of Life in Multiple SclerosisRobert Motl; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mayo Clinical Research Development Program (RMI)Sherine Gabriel; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Genetic Model of UveitisTAMMY MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Both transgenic mice and transgenic mice crossed with NOD2 knock-out mice will be studied. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CD83 Regulation of Lymphocyte Development and FunctionThomas Tedder; Fiscal Year: 2007..an important regulatory checkpoint for helper T cell development, understanding its function may provide mechanisms for modulating humoral immunity and for the treatment of immunodeficiency, autoimmunity and malignancies ..