Genomes and Genes
hormonal antineoplastic agents
Summary: Antineoplastic agents that are used to treat hormone-sensitive tumors. Hormone-sensitive tumors may be hormone-dependent, hormone-responsive, or both. A hormone-dependent tumor regresses on removal of the hormonal stimulus, by surgery or pharmacological block. Hormone-responsive tumors may regress when pharmacologic amounts of hormones are administered regardless of whether previous signs of hormone sensitivity were observed. The major hormone-responsive cancers include carcinomas of the breast, prostate, and endometrium; lymphomas; and certain leukemias. (From AMA Drug Evaluations Annual 1994, p2079)
Publications301 found, 100 shown here
- A multigene assay to predict recurrence of tamoxifen-treated, node-negative breast cancerSoonmyung Paik
Division of Pathology, Operation Center, and the Biostatistics Center, National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Pittsburgh 15212, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2817-26. 2004..The likelihood of distant recurrence in patients with breast cancer who have no involved lymph nodes and estrogen-receptor-positive tumors is poorly defined by clinical and histopathological measures...
- Tamoxifen for prevention of breast cancer: report of the National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project P-1 StudyB Fisher
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Allegheny University of the Health Sciences, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 5234, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 90:1371-88. 1998..To test this hypothesis, the National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project initiated the Breast Cancer Prevention Trial (P-1) in 1992...
- Mechanisms of tamoxifen resistance: increased estrogen receptor-HER2/neu cross-talk in ER/HER2-positive breast cancerJiang Shou
The Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:926-35. 2004..We used a breast cancer model system with high expression of AIB1 and HER2 to investigate the possible mechanisms underlying this resistance...
- Mature results of a randomized phase II multicenter study of exemestane versus tamoxifen as first-line hormone therapy for postmenopausal women with metastatic breast cancerR Paridaens
Universitair Ziekenhuis, Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Ann Oncol 14:1391-8. 2003..We explored the efficacy and safety of the steroidal aromatase inactivator exemestane as first-line hormonal therapy in MBC in postmenopausal women...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/AKT-mediated activation of estrogen receptor alpha: a new model for anti-estrogen resistanceR A Campbell
Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 276:9817-24. 2001..Taken together, these results define a molecular link between activation of the PI 3-kinase/AKT survival pathways, hormone-independent activation of ERalpha, and inhibition of tamoxifen-induced apoptotic regression...
- Quantitative effect of CYP2D6 genotype and inhibitors on tamoxifen metabolism: implication for optimization of breast cancer treatmentSilvana Borges
Department of Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, 46202, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 80:61-74. 2006..We conducted a prospective trial in 158 patients with breast cancer who were taking tamoxifen to further understand the effect of CYP2D6 genotype and concomitant medications on endoxifen plasma concentrations...
- Prognostic value of Ki67 expression after short-term presurgical endocrine therapy for primary breast cancerMitch Dowsett
Academic Department of Biochemistry, 4th Floor, Wallace Wing, The Royal Marsden Hospital, Fulham Road, London SW3 6 JJ, UK
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:167-70. 2007....
- Nonadherence to adjuvant tamoxifen therapy in women with primary breast cancerAnn H Partridge
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, D1210, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:602-6. 2003..We sought to estimate adherence and predictors of nonadherence in women starting tamoxifen as adjuvant breast cancer therapy...
- Active tamoxifen metabolite plasma concentrations after coadministration of tamoxifen and the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor paroxetineVered Stearns
The Breast Cancer Program, Department of Medicine, Lombardi Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:1758-64. 2003..In a prospective clinical trial, we tested the effects of coadministration of tamoxifen and the SSRI paroxetine, an inhibitor of CYP2D6, on tamoxifen metabolism...
- Molecular changes in tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer: relationship between estrogen receptor, HER-2, and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinaseM Carolina Gutierrez
Breast Center and Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:2469-76. 2005..To evaluate growth factor receptor cross talk with the estrogen receptor (ER) in paired clinical breast cancer specimens and in a xenograft model before tamoxifen and at tumor progression as a possible mechanism for tamoxifen resistance...
- Cross-talk between estrogen receptor and growth factor pathways as a molecular target for overcoming endocrine resistanceRachel Schiff
Breast Center, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:331S-6S. 2004..We will also emphasize open questions and future challenges in the dynamic research field of molecular ER biology from the endocrine therapy perspective...
- Comparison of fulvestrant versus tamoxifen for the treatment of advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women previously untreated with endocrine therapy: a multinational, double-blind, randomized trialAnthony Howell
Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester, UK
J Clin Oncol 22:1605-13. 2004....
- Breast cancer endocrine resistance: how growth factor signaling and estrogen receptor coregulators modulate responseRachel Schiff
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:447S-54S. 2003..Thus, the interactions of these diverse elements are essential considerations in defining new predictive and therapeutic tools...
- Pathology parameters and adjuvant tamoxifen response in a randomised premenopausal breast cancer trialK Jirstrom
Division of Pathology Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, Malmo University Hospital, SE 205 02, Malmo, Sweden
J Clin Pathol 58:1135-42. 2005..These parameters are the net result of combinations of genetic alterations effecting tumour behaviour and could potentially reflect subtypes that respond differently to endocrine treatment...
- Epigenetic information and estrogen receptor alpha expression in breast cancerLaura Giacinti
Sbarro Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, Center for Biotechnology, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122 6009, USA
Oncologist 11:1-8. 2006..This paper reviews the current understanding of the role of epigenetic information in the development of cancer and its significance in breast cancer as predictive markers of ER status and as new targets of anticancer therapy...
- Changes in oestrogen receptor-alpha and -beta during progression to acquired resistance to tamoxifen and fulvestrant (Faslodex, ICI 182,780) in MCF7 human breast cancer cellsL E Shaw
School of Biological Sciences, The University of Reading, Reading, RG6 6AJ, UK
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 99:19-32. 2006....
- A randomized trial of letrozole in postmenopausal women after five years of tamoxifen therapy for early-stage breast cancerPaul E Goss
Division of Hematology Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
N Engl J Med 349:1793-802. 2003..The aromatase inhibitor letrozole, by suppressing estrogen production, might improve the outcome after the discontinuation of tamoxifen therapy...
- Resistance training and reduction of treatment side effects in prostate cancer patientsDaniel A Galvão
School of Exercise, Biomedical and Health Sciences, Edith Cowan University, Joondalup, Australia
Med Sci Sports Exerc 38:2045-52. 2006..To examine the effect of progressive resistance training on muscle function, functional performance, balance, body composition, and muscle thickness in men receiving androgen deprivation for prostate cancer...
- Two years of adjuvant tamoxifen in premenopausal patients with breast cancer: a randomised, controlled trial with long-term follow-upLisa Rydén
Department of Surgery, Helsingborgs lasarett, SE 251 85 Helsingborg, Sweden
Eur J Cancer 41:256-64. 2005..PR status was a significant predictor of response to tamoxifen in multivariate models with testing of interactions of hormone receptor status and adjuvant therapy...
- HER-2 amplification, HER-1 expression, and tamoxifen response in estrogen receptor-positive metastatic breast cancer: a southwest oncology group studyGrazia Arpino
Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:5670-6. 2004..Evidence of resistance from clinical studies has been inconsistent. The present study examined whether HER-2 gene amplification or HER-1 expression predicted response to tamoxifen...
- Effect of concomitant CYP2D6 inhibitor use and tamoxifen adherence on breast cancer recurrence in early-stage breast cancerVincent O Dezentjé
Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Toxicology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 28:2423-9. 2010..The objectives of this study were to relate concomitant CYP2D6 inhibitor use and tamoxifen adherence to breast cancer event-free time (EFT)...
- Adherence to endocrine therapy for breast cancerRowan T Chlebowski
Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA 90502 2064, USA
Oncology 71:1-9. 2006..Therefore, we reviewed the published literature regarding hormonal therapy adherence in clinical trial and practice settings...
- Value of epidermal growth factor receptor, HER2, p53, and steroid receptors in predicting the efficacy of tamoxifen in high-risk postmenopausal breast cancer patientsA S Knoop
Oncological Research Center, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 19:3376-84. 2001..The aim of this study was to investigate interactions between adjuvant treatment with tamoxifen and the content of EGFR, HER2, and p53 in steroid receptor-positive patients...
- Adherence to tamoxifen over the five-year courseTimothy L Lash
Department of Epidemiology, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 99:215-20. 2006..To estimate the proportion of older women who fail to complete 5 years of tamoxifen therapy and to identify predictors of non-adherence...
- Tamoxifen induces oxidative stress and apoptosis in oestrogen receptor-negative human cancer cell linesC Ferlini
Laboratory of Antineoplastic Pharmacology, Zeneca, Rome, Italy
Br J Cancer 79:257-63. 1999..Importantly, the induction of apoptosis by TAM is not linked to down-regulation or functional inactivation by phosphorylation of the antiapoptotic bcl-2 protein...
- Treatment of lymph-node-negative, oestrogen-receptor-positive breast cancer: long-term findings from National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project randomised clinical trialsBernard Fisher
Operations Center, National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Lancet 364:858-68. 2004..We present long-term findings from those trials and relate them to age, menopausal status, and tumour oestrogen-receptor concentrations. We also discuss the extent of progress made in the treatment of such patients...
- Phase III trial comparing whole-pelvic versus prostate-only radiotherapy and neoadjuvant versus adjuvant combined androgen suppression: Radiation Therapy Oncology Group 9413M Roach
University of California San Francisco, 1600 Divisadero St, Suite H1031, San Francisco, CA 94143 1708, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:1904-11. 2003..This trial also tested the hypothesis that neoadjuvant and concurrent hormonal therapy (NCHT) improves PFS compared with adjuvant hormonal therapy (AHT) by 10%...
- Tamoxifen treatment for breast cancer and risk of endometrial cancer: a case-control studyAnthony J Swerdlow
Section of Epidemiology, Brookes Lawley Building, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG, UK
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:375-84. 2005..We conducted a case-control study in Britain to investigate these risks...
- Single-therapy androgen suppression in men with advanced prostate cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysisJ Seidenfeld
Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association Technology Evaluation Center, Chicago, Illinois 60601 7680, USA
Ann Intern Med 132:566-77. 2000..To compare luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH) agonists with orchiectomy or diethylstilbestrol, and to compare antiandrogens with any of these three alternatives...
- Anastrozole versus tamoxifen as first-line therapy for advanced breast cancer in 668 postmenopausal women: results of the Tamoxifen or Arimidex Randomized Group Efficacy and Tolerability studyJ Bonneterre
Centre Oscar Lambret, Lille, France
J Clin Oncol 18:3748-57. 2000..To compare the efficacy and tolerability of anastrozole (Arimidex; AstraZeneca, Wilmington, DE, and Macclesfield, United Kingdom) with that of tamoxifen as first-line therapy for advanced breast cancer (ABC) in postmenopausal women...
- Use of luteinising-hormone-releasing hormone agonists as adjuvant treatment in premenopausal patients with hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer: a meta-analysis of individual patient data from randomised adjuvant trialsJ Cuzick
Cancer Research UK Centre for Epidemiology, Mathematics and Statistics, Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
Lancet 369:1711-23. 2007..Several trials have been done to assess treatment of premenopausal breast cancer with luteinising-hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH) agonists, but results have been inconclusive, especially for patients with hormone-receptor-positive cancer...
- Increased constitutive activity of PKB/Akt in tamoxifen resistant breast cancer MCF-7 cellsNicola J Jordan
Tenovus Centre for Cancer Research, Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff University, Cardiff, CF10 3XF, UK
Breast Cancer Res Treat 87:167-80. 2004..Increased Akt1 activation may contribute to the aggressive phenotype of tamoxifen resistant ER (oestrogen receptor) positive breast cancers...
- National Institutes of Health Consensus Development Conference Statement: adjuvant therapy for breast cancer, November 1-3, 2000P Eifel
The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 93:979-89. 2001..Methods to support shared decision-making between patients and their physicians have been successful in trials; they need to be tailored for diverse populations and should be tested for broader dissemination...
- Benefit from adjuvant tamoxifen therapy in primary breast cancer patients according oestrogen receptor, progesterone receptor, EGF receptor and HER2 statusM Dowsett
Academic Department of Biochemistry, The Royal Marsden NHS Trust, London, UK
Ann Oncol 17:818-26. 2006..The measurement of tumour biomarkers should allow better selection of patients for such treatment or for therapies such as aromatase inhibitors...
- Preoperative gefitinib versus gefitinib and anastrozole in postmenopausal patients with oestrogen-receptor positive and epidermal-growth-factor-receptor-positive primary breast cancer: a double-blind placebo-controlled phase II randomised trialAndreas Polychronis
Cancer Research UK Laboratories, Department of Cancer Medicine, Imperial College, London, UK
Lancet Oncol 6:383-91. 2005..Some oestrogen-receptor (ER) positive breast cancers express epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), but whether inhibition of EGFR can suppress proliferation of breast cancer cells and ER function is not known...
- A meta-analysis on the interaction between HER-2 expression and response to endocrine treatment in advanced breast cancerMichele De Laurentiis
Dipartimento di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Molecolare e Clinica, Universita Federico II, Napoli, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 11:4741-8. 2005..Clinical data, however, have been conflicting. We have conducted a meta-analysis on the interaction between the response to endocrine treatment and the overexpression of HER-2 in metastatic breast cancer...
- The CYP2D6*4 polymorphism affects breast cancer survival in tamoxifen usersMonique J Bijl
Department of Epidemiology, Erasmus MC, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Breast Cancer Res Treat 118:125-30. 2009..The risk of breast cancer mortality is increased in tamoxifen users with decreased CYP2D6 activity, consistent with the model in which endoxifen formation is dependent on CYP2D6 activity...
- Synergistic interactions between tamoxifen and trastuzumab (Herceptin)Athanassios Argiris
Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:1409-20. 2004..This suggests that targeting both receptors simultaneously may have a dramatic effect on the biology of breast cancer. This hypothesis was tested in cell culture experiments...
- Neoadjuvant endocrine therapy in breast cancerC Abrial
Centre Jean Perrin, 58 rue Montalembert, BP 392, 63011 Clermont Ferrand Cedex 1, France
Breast 15:9-19. 2006..The optimal duration of neoadjuvant therapy has not yet been investigated in detail. These preliminary results are interesting and should be confirmed by further studies...
- An ER activity profile including ER, PR, Bcl-2 and IGF-IR may have potential as selection criterion for letrozole or tamoxifen treatment of patients with advanced breast cancerKatrine L Henriksen
Department of Tumor Endocrinology, Institute of Cancer Biology, Danish Cancer Society, Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Acta Oncol 48:522-31. 2009....
- Randomized, double-blind, multicenter trial comparing two doses of arzoxifene (LY353381) in hormone-sensitive advanced or metastatic breast cancer patientsJ Baselga
Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spian
Ann Oncol 14:1383-90. 2003..The primary end point was to choose the best of two doses of arzoxifene based on the response rate or the clinical benefit rate (CBR). Pharmacokinetics and toxicities were also assessed...
- Partial surgical removal of growth hormone-secreting pituitary tumors enhances the response to somatostatin analogs in acromegalyAnnamaria Colao
Department of Molecular and Clinical Endocrinology and Oncology, Federico II University of Naples, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:85-92. 2006..Surgery is a cornerstone in the treatment of acromegaly, but its efficacy in large, invasive tumors is scant...
- Long-term results with immediate androgen suppression and external irradiation in patients with locally advanced prostate cancer (an EORTC study): a phase III randomised trialMichel Bolla
University Hospital, Grenoble, France
Lancet 360:103-6. 2002....
- Estradiol and tamoxifen stimulate LAM-associated angiomyolipoma cell growth and activate both genomic and nongenomic signaling pathwaysJane Yu
Fox Chase Cancer Center, 7701 Burholme Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 286:L694-700. 2004..The responsiveness of angiomyolipoma cells to estradiol may be related to the underlying reasons that LAM affects primarily women...
- Insulin-like growth factor-I receptor signaling in tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer: a supporting role to the epidermal growth factor receptorJ M Knowlden
Tenovus Centre for Cancer Research, Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff University, Redwood Building, King Edward VII Avenue, Cardiff CF10 3XF, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 146:4609-18. 2005..This cross-talk between IGF-IR and EGFR is not unique to Tam-R cells because this mechanism is also active in a tamoxifen-resistant T47D-R cell line...
- Lumpectomy plus tamoxifen with or without irradiation in women 70 years of age or older with early breast cancerKevin S Hughes
Avon Comprehensive Breast Evaluation Center, Breast Ovarian Cancer Genetics and Risk Assessment Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Division of Surgical Oncology, Boston 02114, USA
N Engl J Med 351:971-7. 2004..In women 70 years of age or older who have early breast cancer, it is unclear whether lumpectomy plus tamoxifen is as effective as lumpectomy followed by tamoxifen plus radiation therapy...
- Long-term risk of breast cancer recurrence: the need for extended adjuvant therapyManfred Kaufmann
Klinik fur Gynakologie und Geburtshilfe, J W Goethe Universität Frankfurt am Main, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 131:487-94. 2005..That trial, MA.17, evaluated letrozole as extended adjuvant treatment following standard adjuvant tamoxifen in postmenopausal women with predominantly estrogen receptor--and/or progesterone receptor--positive early breast cancer...
- Tamoxifen resistance in breast cancer cells is accompanied by an enhanced motile and invasive phenotype: inhibition by gefitinib ('Iressa', ZD1839)Stephen Hiscox
Tenovus Centre for Cancer Research, Welsh School of Pharmacy, Redwood Building, King Edward VII Avenue, Cardiff, UK
Clin Exp Metastasis 21:201-12. 2004..Inhibition of EGFR signalling by gefitinib significantly inhibited cell motility and invasion thus suggesting a role for the EGF receptor in the aggressive phenotype of tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer cells...
- New approaches to the understanding of tamoxifen action and resistanceL M Berstein
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Virginia, PO Box 801416, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 10:267-77. 2003....
- Patient beliefs and tamoxifen discontinuance in older women with estrogen receptor--positive breast cancerAliza K Fink
Boston Medical Center, 88 E Newton St, Robinson 2, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:3309-15. 2004....
- Anastrozole (Arimidex) versus tamoxifen as first-line therapy for advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women: survival analysis and updated safety resultsJ M Nabholtz
University of California at Los Angeles, Suite 3360B, Peter Ueberroth Bldg, 10945 LeConte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7077, USA
Eur J Cancer 39:1684-9. 2003....
- Expression analysis of estrogen receptor alpha coregulators in breast carcinoma: evidence that NCOR1 expression is predictive of the response to tamoxifenIgor Girault
Laboratoire d oncogénétique, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale E0017, Centre Rene Huguenin, F 92211 St Cloud, France
Clin Cancer Res 9:1259-66. 2003..Therefore, expression analysis of these ERalpha coregulators may identify new predictors of the response to tamoxifen treatment...
- Outcome prediction for estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer based on postneoadjuvant endocrine therapy tumor characteristicsMatthew J Ellis
Siteman Cancer Center, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Ave, St Louis, MO 63119, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:1380-8. 2008....
- Progress and promise: highlights of the international expert consensus on the primary therapy of early breast cancer 2007A Goldhirsch
International Breast Cancer Study Group, Oncology Institute of Southern Switzerland, 6500 Bellinzona, Switzerland
Ann Oncol 18:1133-44. 2007..Recommendations are provided not as specific therapy guidelines but rather as a general guidance emphasizing main principles for tailoring therapeutic choice...
- Reduced PTEN expression predicts relapse in patients with breast carcinoma treated by tamoxifenNael Shoman
Department of Pathology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK S7N 0W8, Canada
Mod Pathol 18:250-9. 2005..In summary, our results showed a strong association between downregulation of PTEN expression in ER-alpha-positive tumors and failure to tamoxifen treatment...
- Metabolism of tamoxifen by recombinant human cytochrome P450 enzymes: formation of the 4-hydroxy, 4'-hydroxy and N-desmethyl metabolites and isomerization of trans-4-hydroxytamoxifenH Kim Crewe
Section of Molecular Pharmacology and Pharmacogenetics, Division of Clinical Sciences Central Sheffield University Hospital Trust, University of Sheffield, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Drug Metab Dispos 30:869-74. 2002..CYP1B1 was the principal catalyst of 4-hydroxytamoxifen trans-cis isomerization but CYP2B6 and CYP2C19 also contributed...
- Burdens and benefits of adjuvant cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and fluorouracil and tamoxifen for elderly patients with breast cancer: the International Breast Cancer Study Group Trial VIID Crivellari
Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, Aviano, Italy
J Clin Oncol 18:1412-22. 2000..Information on the tolerability and efficacy of adjuvant chemoendocrine therapy for older women is limited. We studied these issues using the data collected as part of the International Breast Cancer Study Group Trial VII...
- ErbB (HER) receptors can abrogate antiestrogen action in human breast cancer by multiple signaling mechanismsHirokazu Kurokawa
Departments of Medicine and Cancer Biology and Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 6307, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:511S-5S. 2003..Data will be presented to suggest that, in addition to mitogen-activated protein kinase, Akt is an important mediator of HER2-mediated antiestrogen resistance in human breast cancer cells...
- Adjuvant tamoxifen: predictors of use, side effects, and discontinuation in older womenS Demissie
Boston University School of Public Health, Boston University School of Medicine, and Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:322-8. 2001..CONCLUSION: Deviations from a prescribed course of adjuvant tamoxifen occur relatively frequently. The clinical consequences of this deviation need to be identified...
- Meeting highlights: international expert consensus on the primary therapy of early breast cancer 2005A Goldhirsch
International Breast Cancer Study Group, Oncology Institute of Southern Switzerland, Bellinzona, Switzerland
Ann Oncol 16:1569-83. 2005....
- Fulvestrant versus anastrozole for the treatment of advanced breast carcinoma in postmenopausal women: a prospective combined analysis of two multicenter trialsJohn F R Robertson
Department of Surgery, Nottingham City Hospital, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Cancer 98:229-38. 2003....
- A randomized trial of low-dose tamoxifen on breast cancer proliferation and blood estrogenic biomarkersAndrea Decensi
Division of Chemoprevention, European Institute of Oncology, and University of Milan School of Medicine, Milan, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:779-90. 2003....
- Prognostic role of a multigene reverse transcriptase-PCR assay in patients with node-negative breast cancer not receiving adjuvant systemic therapyFrancisco J Esteva
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:3315-9. 2005..A secondary objective was to determine whether the quantitative RT-PCR data correlated with immunohistochemistry assay data regarding estrogen receptor, progesterone receptor, and human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 status...
- Iatrogenic risks of endometrial carcinoma after treatment for breast cancer in a large French case-control study. Fédération Nationale des Centres de Lutte Contre le Cancer (FNCLCC)H Mignotte
Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Int J Cancer 76:325-30. 1998..A long-term evaluation of the risk-benefit ratio of tamoxifen as a preventive treatment for breast cancer is clearly warranted...
- Combined tamoxifen and luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH) agonist versus LHRH agonist alone in premenopausal advanced breast cancer: a meta-analysis of four randomized trialsJ G Klijn
Dr Daniel den Hoed Kliniek and University Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 19:343-53. 2001..Therefore, if a premenopausal woman with advanced breast cancer is thought to be suitable for endocrine treatment, it is proposed that the combination of a LHRH agonist plus tamoxifen be considered as the new standard treatment...
- Activity of exemestane in metastatic breast cancer after failure of nonsteroidal aromatase inhibitors: a phase II trialP E Lønning
Department of Oncology, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
J Clin Oncol 18:2234-44. 2000....
- Treatment of advanced hepatocellular carcinoma with long-acting octreotide: a phase III multicentre, randomised, double blind placebo-controlled studyJean Claude Barbare
Fédération Francophone de Cancérologie Digestive, Association Nationale des Hépato Gastroentérologues des Hôpitaux Généraux, France
Eur J Cancer 45:1788-97. 2009..A previous study reported a significant survival benefit for octreotide compared with no treatment in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). This was investigated further in this multicentre study...
- HER-2/neu and p53 expression versus tamoxifen resistance in estrogen receptor-positive, node-positive breast cancerD A Berry
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 18:3471-9. 2000..Tamoxifen assignment was not randomized-physician discretion was used for premenopausal and postmenopausal women. Trial protocol then specified assignment to postmenopausal women with ER-positive tumors, although not all took tamoxifen...
- Medroxyprogesterone acetate elevation of Nm23-H1 metastasis suppressor expression in hormone receptor-negative breast cancerDiane Palmieri
Women s Cancers Section, Laboratory of Pathology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:632-42. 2005..Here, we tested whether MPA treatment inhibits metastatic colonization of a hormone receptor-negative breast cancer cell line in vivo...
- Phosphorylation of ERK1/2 mitogen-activated protein kinase is associated with poor response to anti-hormonal therapy and decreased patient survival in clinical breast cancerJ M Gee
Tenovus Centre for Cancer Research, Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff University, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 95:247-54. 2001....
- Sensitizing estrogen receptor-negative breast cancer cells to tamoxifen with OSU-03012, a novel celecoxib-derived phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1/Akt signaling inhibitorShu Chuan Weng
Division of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, 336 L M Parks Hall, 500 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:800-8. 2008..Considering the urgent need for novel therapeutic strategies for ER-negative breast cancer patients, this combinatorial approach is worthy of continued investigation...
- Radiation therapy and tamoxifen: concurrent or sequential? That is the questionTimothy Whelan
J Clin Oncol 23:1-4. 2005
- High-dose estrogen treatment in postmenopausal breast cancer patients heavily exposed to endocrine therapyP E Lønning
Department of Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Breast Cancer Res Treat 67:111-6. 2001..Such treatment represents a valuable alternative to chemotherapy in selected patients...
- Tamoxifen for the prevention of breast cancer: current status of the National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project P-1 studyBernard Fisher
Operations Center, National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Pittsburgh, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:1652-62. 2005..Side effects of varying clinical significance were observed. The trial was unblinded because of the positive results, and follow-up continued. This report updates our initial findings...
- Anastrozole versus tamoxifen as first-line therapy in postmenopausal patients with hormone-dependent advanced breast cancer: a prospective, randomized, phase III studyAlfredo Milla-Santos
Medical Oncology Service, Sanitas Hospitales, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Clin Oncol 26:317-22. 2003..Anastrozole showed significant advantages over tamoxifen for CB, median TTP in patients gaining CB, and survival. These data further support routine use of anastrozole as first-line treatment for postmenopausal hormone-dependent ABC...
- Amplification of CCND1 and PAK1 as predictors of recurrence and tamoxifen resistance in postmenopausal breast cancerJ Bostner
Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Division of Oncology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Oncogene 26:6997-7005. 2007..In addition, we show that high pak1 protein levels may predict tamoxifen insensitivity...
- Androgen deprivation therapy for prostate cancerNima Sharifi
Medical Oncology Clinical Research Unit, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
JAMA 294:238-44. 2005..Androgen deprivation therapy (ADT), specifically surgical or medical castration, is the first line of treatment against advanced prostate cancer and is also used as an adjuvant to local treatment of high-risk disease...
- MAP kinase/estrogen receptor cross-talk enhances estrogen-mediated signaling and tumor growth but does not confer tamoxifen resistanceNatasha Atanaskova
Department of Pathology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, 540 E Canfield, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Oncogene 21:4000-8. 2002..Taken together, these data suggest that MAPK/ER cross-talk enhances ERalpha-mediated signaling and accelerates E(2)-dependent tumor growth without diminishing sensitivity to the inhibitory effects of anti-estrogens...
- Increased activator protein-1 DNA binding and c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase activity in human breast tumors with acquired tamoxifen resistanceS R Johnston
Department of Medicine, Royal Marsden Hospital and Institute of Cancer Research, London, England
Clin Cancer Res 5:251-6. 1999..These observations support the need for further evaluation of these markers in breast tumors as predictors of TAM resistance...
- Risk of ischemic stroke with tamoxifen treatment for breast cancer: a meta-analysisCheryl D Bushnell
Department of Medicine Neurology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Neurology 63:1230-3. 2004..To assess the overall risk of stroke, specifically ischemic stroke, associated with tamoxifen use by performing a meta-analysis of data reported in breast cancer trials...
- What survival benefits do premenopausal patients with early breast cancer need to make endocrine therapy worthwhile?Belinda Thewes
Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick, Sydney, Australia
Lancet Oncol 6:581-8. 2005..We aimed to quantify the survival gains that premenopausal patients with early-stage breast cancer require to justify the side-effects and inconvenience of adjuvant endocrine treatments...
- A gene expression signature that can predict the recurrence of tamoxifen-treated primary breast cancerMaia Chanrion
U868 Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Tumoral Identity and Plasticity, Cancer Research Center of Montpellier, Universite Montpellier 1, CRLC Val d Aurelle Paul Lamarque, France
Clin Cancer Res 14:1744-52. 2008..The identification of a molecular signature predicting the relapse of tamoxifen-treated primary breast cancers should help the therapeutic management of estrogen receptor-positive cancers...
- Association of genetic variation in tamoxifen-metabolizing enzymes with overall survival and recurrence of disease in breast cancer patientsSusan A Nowell
Department of Epidemiology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 91:249-58. 2005..These studies indicate that genetic variation in Phase II conjugating enzymes can influence the efficacy of tamoxifen therapy for breast cancer...
- Tamoxifen treatment after adjuvant chemotherapy has opposite effects on bone mineral density in premenopausal patients depending on menstrual statusLeena Vehmanen
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
J Clin Oncol 24:675-80. 2006..We conducted a prospective study of the effect of sequential adjuvant therapy with chemotherapy followed by tamoxifen on bone mineral density (BMD) in premenopausal patients...
- Role of the estrogen receptor coactivator AIB1 (SRC-3) and HER-2/neu in tamoxifen resistance in breast cancerC Kent Osborne
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:353-61. 2003....
- Estrogen receptor status of primary breast cancer is predictive of estrogen receptor status of contralateral breast cancerSandra M Swain
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:516-23. 2004....
- Fulvestrant, formerly ICI 182,780, is as effective as anastrozole in postmenopausal women with advanced breast cancer progressing after prior endocrine treatmentA Howell
Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 20:3396-403. 2002..To compare the efficacy and tolerability of fulvestrant (formerly ICI 182,780) and anastrozole in postmenopausal women with advanced breast cancer progressing after prior endocrine treatment...
- Aromatase inhibitors: future directionsC Kent Osborne
Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine and The Methodist Hospital, One Baylor Plaza, BCM 600, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 95:183-7. 2005....
- Meta-analysis of vascular and neoplastic events associated with tamoxifenR Scott Braithwaite
Section of Clinical Systems Modeling, Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicne, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Gen Intern Med 18:937-47. 2003..Our purpose was to estimate the effects of tamoxifen on potentially life-threatening vascular and neoplastic outcomes...
- Chemotherapy and biotherapy in the treatment of neuroendocrine tumoursK Oberg
Department of Endocrine Oncology, Medical Sciences, Internal Medicine, Uppsala University Hospital, Sweden
Ann Oncol 12:S111-4. 2001..The quality of life has been significantly improved by using the long-acting formulations...
- Role of CYP2D6 testing in selection of endocrine therapy for breast cancerJustin Stebbing
Pharmacogenomics 8:1-3. 2007
- Neoadjuvant treatment of postmenopausal breast cancer with anastrozole, tamoxifen, or both in combination: the Immediate Preoperative Anastrozole, Tamoxifen, or Combined with Tamoxifen (IMPACT) multicenter double-blind randomized trialIan E Smith
Breast Unit, Royal Marsden Hospital, London SW3 6JJ, UK
J Clin Oncol 23:5108-16. 2005....
- Tamoxifen therapy for ovarian cancer in the adjuvant and advanced settings: systematic review of the literature and implications for future researchJose Luis Perez-Gracia
Clinical Research Department, Eli Lilly and Company, Alcobendas, Madrid, Spain
Gynecol Oncol 84:201-9. 2002..However, despite the outstanding relevance of hormonal adjuvant therapy in breast cancer and the importance of receptor status as a predictive factor, few trials have addressed these issues in ovarian cancer...
- CYP2D6 and tamoxifen: DNA matters in breast cancerJanelle M Hoskins
UNC Institute for Pharmacogenomics and Individualized Therapy, Division of Pharmacotherapy and Experimental Therapeutics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 27599, North Carolina, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 9:576-86. 2009..Here we review the existing data that relate CYP2D6 genotypes to response to tamoxifen and discuss whether the analysis of the CYP2D6 genotype might be an early example of a pharmacogenetic tool for optimizing breast cancer therapy...
- Comparative assessment of lipid effects of endocrine therapy for breast cancer: implications for cardiovascular disease prevention in postmenopausal womenF J Esteva
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 424, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Breast 15:301-12. 2006..The effects of the other AIs on lipid levels are variable, and any correlation with cardiovascular events is currently unknown...
- Medication use, tamoxifen (TAM), and TAM metabolite concentrations in women with breast cancerLisa Gallicchio
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 660 W Redwood Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Cancer Lett 211:57-67. 2004..This suggests that diuretic or an arthritis/pain medication may affect TAM metabolism...
- Superiority of letrozole to tamoxifen in the first-line treatment of advanced breast cancer: evidence from metastatic subgroups and a test of functional abilityH Mouridsen
Novartis Pharma AG, WKL 490 1 04, CH 4057 Basel, Switzerland
Oncologist 9:489-96. 2004..This subanalysis compares the efficacies of letrozole and tamoxifen as first-line therapy in postmenopausual women with advanced breast cancer according to site of metastatic lesions and Karnofsky Performance Status (KPS)...
- Benefit and projected cost-effectiveness of anastrozole versus tamoxifen as initial adjuvant therapy for patients with early-stage estrogen receptor-positive breast cancerBruce E Hillner
Department of Internal Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23298, USA
Cancer 101:1311-22. 2004....
- AKT activation predicts outcome in breast cancer patients treated with tamoxifenTove Kirkegaard
Endocrine Cancer Group, Division of Cancer Sciences and Molecular Pathology, Department of Surgery, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow G31 2ER, UK
J Pathol 207:139-46. 2005....
- Association between CYP2D6 *10 genotype and survival of breast cancer patients receiving tamoxifen treatmentY Xu
Ann Oncol 19:1423-9. 2008..Human cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) genotype may affect the efficacy of tamoxifen treatment in Caucasian women with breast cancer. The most common polymorphism of CYP2D6 in Chinese women is variant 10 (188 C to T)...
- A comparison of letrozole and tamoxifen in postmenopausal women with early breast cancerBeat Thurlimann
Senology Center of Eastern Switzerland, Kantonsspital, St Gallen, and the Swiss Group for Clinical Cancer Research, Switzerland
N Engl J Med 353:2747-57. 2005..We compared letrozole with tamoxifen as adjuvant treatment for steroid-hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer in postmenopausal women...
- ADAM: Androgen Deprivation vs. Antiandrogen MonotherapyMatthew Smith; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, this project will provide important insights into the relative contributions of testosterone and estrogen in bone metabolism, and maintenance of muscle size and strength in older men. ..
- Modification of tamoxifen effectiveness by gene polymorphisms and other drugsTimothy Lash; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding the modification of tamoxifen effectiveness by genetic polymorphisms or drug interactions will help patients and physicians to make fully informed decisions about hormone therapy. ..
- SMOKING & GENETIC INTERACTION IN BREAST CANCER ETIOLOGYTimothy Lash; Fiscal Year: 2004..The second study would collect buccal swabs from participants in the study of adjuvant tamoxifen therapy (Dr. Silliman PI). A similar analytic plan would be conducted, but with a case-only design. ..
- DNA METHYLATION AS A DETERMINANT OF BREAST CANCERNancy Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Taken together these studies should provide new insights into the biology of hormone resistance and possible novel therapeutic targets. ..
- VISUAL ADAPTATION LIMITS AND AGE-RELATED DISEASEAlvin Eisner; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Female Hormones and VisionAlvin Eisner; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- CANCER CHEMOPREVENTION--ROLE OF INFECTION/IMMUNITYCharles Loprinzi; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- WHI Sex Hormone & Genetic Risk Factors for Hip FractureSteven Cummings; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed study is a very efficient approach to understanding the etiologies of hip fracture. ..
- Surveillance Strategies Following Treatment for CINJoy Melnikow; Fiscal Year: 2007..Alternative strategies for post-treatment surveillance will be evaluated. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DETERMINANTS OF TISSUE ESTRADIOL SENSITIVITYRichard Santen; Fiscal Year: 2009..FTS, a novel mTOR inhibitor will be used in vitro to activate the stress kinase pathway and apoptosis. In vivo, FTS will be used to enhance estradiol induced apoptosis in nude mice. ..
- ADJUVANT HORMONAL THERAPY IN VIETNAMESE BREAST CANCERRichard Love; Fiscal Year: 2005..The investigators have a trial with a rich database and systems to develop further useful data on breast cancer relevant to all women. ..
- DCIS--MAMMOGRAPHIC FEATURES AND PROGNOSISLaurel Habel; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Mammographic Density in a Multi-Ethnic CohortLaurel Habel; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- ANDROGEN SYNTHESIS INHIBITORS FOR PROSTATE CANCERAngela Brodie; Fiscal Year: 2008..Determine effective doses, scheduling, and route of administration and b. Compare the effect of lead inhibitors and castration on apoptosis to identify the best compound. ..
- Pharmacogenetics of Sulfate ConjugationVIRGIL JORDAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..These results will increase our understanding of the contribution of SULT1A1 pharmacogenetics to individual variation in response to estrogens and an important antiestrogen. ..
- ROLE OF THE CELL CYCLE IN HYPERSENSITIVITY TO ESTRADIOLRichard Santen; Fiscal Year: 2008..A clinical trial in women, which is designed to specifically demonstrate that high dose estrogen induces tumor regression through the mechanism of apoptosis will be conducted. ..
- A CONSORTIUM TO INVESTIGATE HUMAN LONGEVITY AND FRAILTYSteven Cummings; Fiscal Year: 2002..This Consortium will catalyze interactions between outstanding laboratory and clinical scientists that will lead to collaborative studies of the genetic determinants of longevity and frailty. ..
- ITEM BANKING AND CAT FOR QUALITY OF LIFE OUTCOMESDavid Cella; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will also monitor treatment/management changes, and evaluate acceptability of computer assessments and the perceived benefits of the recommendations. ..
- Local Therapy of Breast Cancer in Community PopulationsNancy Keating; Fiscal Year: 2007..Moreover, the work will provide insight into different techniques for the analysis of observational data. ..
- Changes in Functional Status Across Therapy for Primary GliomaLee Jones; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PHASE I TRIAL OF A PEPTIDE VACCINE AGAINST EGFRVIIIBruce Montgomery; Fiscal Year: 2005..To characterize effects of human anti-EGFRvIII antibodies on EGFRvIII signaling. 4. To determine the level of EGFR specific T cell response after immunization with EGFRvIII peptide. ..
- Fractures, Heart Disease, and Stroke on Aromatase InhibitorsNancy L Keating; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Pycnogenol for Treatment of Arm LymphedemaPaul Hutson; Fiscal Year: 2004..In summary, the successful completion of this research can be expected to provide an alternative therapy and new instruments for treating and measuring lymphedema. ..
- NEW APPROACHES TO EVALUATION AND TREATMENT OF ACROMEGALYPamela Freda; Fiscal Year: 2003..My sponsor, Dr. Wardlaw, is highly qualified and committed to providing me with the support I need to pursue my research plans and to facilitate my transition to independent investigator. ..
- Managed Care Penetration and Cancer CareNancy Keating; Fiscal Year: 2003..If managed care penetration is negatively associated with the delivery of care, interventions targeted toward policy-makers, providers, and patients will be needed to counteract the effects of market forces. ..
- LIPOSOMAL BCL-2 ANTISENSE THERAPY FOR SOLID TUMORSFrancisco Esteva; Fiscal Year: 2003..Gabriel Lopez-Berestein (Department of Bioimmunotherapy). M. D. Anderson Cancer Center has the patients and resources necessary for Dr. Esteva to successfully complete this research project. ..
- Obesity and Outcomes After Early Stage Breast CancerJames Dignam; Fiscal Year: 2003..These investigations will provide valuable information for current patient management and insights into appropriate prospective interventions to improve breast cancer survivorship. ..
- TAMOXIFEN & BREAST CANCER--ACCEPTANCE/COST EFFECTIVENESSJoy Melnikow; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Biochemical markers of bone turnover in metastatic prostate cancerPrimo N Lara; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Folic Acid and B Vitamins to Prevent Fracture in WomenSteven Cummings; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed study is a cost-effective approach to determining whether a safe and inexpensive nutritional intervention substantially reduces the risk of fracture and to understanding the mechanism of this effect. ..
- EFFECT OF RALOXIFENE ON SALIVARY STEROIDSVIRGIL JORDAN; Fiscal Year: 2002..Most importantly, completion of the study will validate an important new methodology to monitor the ovarian effects of any new chemopreventive that can be used in premenopausal women. ..
- NEW APPROACHES TO EVALUATION AND TREATMENT OF ACROMEGALYPamela Freda; Fiscal Year: 2003..My sponsor, Dr. Wardlaw, continues to be committed to providing me with the guidance I need to pursue my research plans and to facilitate my transition to independent investigator. ..
- Analysis of 5'UTR-Mediated Regulation of p53 ExpressionPhilip Lazarus; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Positron Emission Tomography in Prostate CancerFarrokh Dehdashti; Fiscal Year: 2008..PET may also contribute significant prognostic information that may affect the decision to administer early adjuvant therapy to delay or prevent recurrence. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Treatment of Older Patients with Early Breast CancerArash Naeim; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ER Reporter Genes To Predict Response To Endocrine TherapyWILLIAM SYMMANS; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Breast Cancer Prevention by Letrozole in High Risk WomenCarol J Fabian; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Depo-Provera and Breast Cancer: Epidemiology/PathologyChristopher Li; Fiscal Year: 2009..such as parity and body mass index, modify this association?;and (3) Does the association between DMPA and breast cancer risk vary by histologic type or by the expression of steroid receptors including ERq, ERft, and PR? ..
- Combined Chemoprevention Using a Nanotechnology-based Therapeutic SystemSunil Prabhu; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Breast Cancer Risk Biomarkers and Energy BalanceCAROL FABIAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Epidemiology of Syndromic GI Stromal TumorsJudy Ellen Garber; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our goal is to define the spectrum of syndromic GISTs, and to generate the information that will form the basis for clinical counseling for members of GIST kindreds, with and without germline mutations in KIT or PDGFRA. ..
- Optical probe for the flow cytometric screening of microRNAAndrew Tsourkas; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long-term goal of this research is to further develop the QMB technology into a simple clinical assay for cancer detection, diagnosis, and prognosis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RANDOMIZED STUDY--BRCA1/2 GENETIC V CONSENT COUNSELINGJudy Garber; Fiscal Year: 2001..These include participant genetics knowledge, anxiety, interest in testing, satisfaction with the testing process and decision making. They will also compare the health care costs associated with both interventions and health behaviors. ..
- Distrust, Race/Ethnicity, and Predictive Genetic TestingKatrina Armstrong; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Correlative Studies of erbB-2/HER2 and p53 in CALGB Pro.Daniel Hayes; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Development of peptide antagonists of estrogen signalingDonald McDonnell; Fiscal Year: 2005..In particular, we see that this approach would be applicable to the treatment of anti-androgen resistant prostate cancers where receptor mutations enable the inappropriate recruitment of transcription coactivators. ..
- Dietary Prevention of Hormone Refractory Prostate CancerLINDA DE GRAFFENRIED; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results from this research application will lay the foundation for further studies investigating the use of dietary intervention to target specific molecular targets for the prevention of phenotype-specific cancers. ..
- Chemoprevention of Chemically-Induced Bladder CancersClinton Grubbs; Fiscal Year: 2004..Depending on the results in the FTI treated rats, additional profiles can be assessed in the celecoxib and esculetin treated animals. ..
- IMRT in the Treatment of Node-Positive Breast CancerLori Pierce; Fiscal Year: 2003..4) Determine the effect of motion on static IMRT and PWTF dose distributions, and then correct/adjust for motion to determine the best delivery-optimized plan. ..
- MECHANISM OF ESTROGENS AND ANTIESTROGENSDonald McDonnell; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Estrogen regulation of osteoclastogenesis in older menPamela Taxel; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Identifying Symptom Clusters in People with CancerLillian Nail; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Synthetic Peptides from AFP Prevent Breast CancerThomas Andersen; Fiscal Year: 2006..AFPep has the potential to be used in combination with tamoxifen or as a stand-alone preventive agent. Its development and introduction to the clinic could prevent as many as 50,000 cases of breast cancer every year. ..
- Modulation of KCa channels by the beta 1 subunitGuillermo Perez; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study should provide fundamental quantitative bases to understand the molecular tuning of a potassium channel highly relevant to vasoregulation and blood pressure. ..
- SULFATE CONJUGATION AND DRUG METABOLISMRichard Weinshilboum; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- The impact of androgen ablation therapy on cognition in*Christian Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2006..2. To determine the severity of cognitive impairment in men over the age of 65 who have received androgen ablation therapy for 2 years. ..
- IMRT in the Treatment of Node-Positive Breast CancerLori Pierce; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) Study 60 patients treated with either the best delivery-optimized motion corrected plan from Aim 2 or PWTF and compare plans using heart and lung metrics. ..
- Role of IGFBP -3 in mediating p53-induced apoptosisAdda Grimberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies also reflect Dr. Grimberg?s long-term career goals of exploring the interrelatedness of endocrine and oncologic molecular biology principles and applying them to clinical problems of dysregulated growth. ..
- MRI Measure of Blood Brain Barrier PermeabilityJames Ewing; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will demonstrate these measures in 9L tumors in Fischer 344 rats, and in reperfused ischemic infarction in Wistar rats. ..
- BREAST CANCER PREVENTION IN HODGKINS DISEASEJudy Garber; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will also evaluate mammographic density as a potential intermediate endpoint that might permit more rapid completion of a randomized study. ..
- Soy Food and Coronary Heart Disease in WomenXiao Ou Shu; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Lipitor/Celebrex: effect on prostate cancer progressionXi Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2007..This combination of drugs may significantly improve the management of prostate cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Radiation, Hormones & Antisense Prostate Cancer TherapyAlan Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- c-erbB-2 and Risk of Contralateral Breast CancerChristopher Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..