Genomes and Genes
alkylating antineoplastic agents
Summary: A class of drugs that differs from other alkylating agents used clinically in that they are monofunctional and thus unable to cross-link cellular macromolecules. Among their common properties are a requirement for metabolic activation to intermediates with antitumor efficacy and the presence in their chemical structures of N-methyl groups, that after metabolism, can covalently modify cellular DNA. The precise mechanisms by which each of these drugs acts to kill tumor cells are not completely understood. (From AMA, Drug Evaluations Annual, 1994, p2026)
Publications274 found, 100 shown here
- Radiotherapy plus concomitant and adjuvant temozolomide for glioblastomaRoger Stupp
Multidisciplinary Oncology Center, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
N Engl J Med 352:987-96. 2005..In this trial we compared radiotherapy alone with radiotherapy plus temozolomide, given concomitantly with and after radiotherapy, in terms of efficacy and safety...
- Correlation of O6-methylguanine methyltransferase (MGMT) promoter methylation with clinical outcomes in glioblastoma and clinical strategies to modulate MGMT activityMonika E Hegi
Laboratory of Tumor Biology and Genetics, Department of Neurosurgery BH 19 110, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, CH 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 26:4189-99. 2008..Herein we review the data supporting MGMT as a major mechanism of chemotherapy resistance in malignant gliomas and describe ongoing studies that are testing resistance-modulating strategies...
- Clinical trial substantiates the predictive value of O-6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase promoter methylation in glioblastoma patients treated with temozolomideMonika E Hegi
Laboratory of Tumor Biology and Genetics of the Neurosurgery Departments of the University Hospitals, Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Cancer Res 10:1871-4. 2004..Expression of this excision repair enzyme has been associated with resistance to alkylating chemotherapy...
- MGMT gene silencing and benefit from temozolomide in glioblastomaMonika E Hegi
Laboratory of Tumor Biology and Genetics, Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
N Engl J Med 352:997-1003. 2005....
- Apoptosis in malignant glioma cells triggered by the temozolomide-induced DNA lesion O6-methylguanineW P Roos
Department of Toxicology, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Oncogene 26:186-97. 2007..Overall, the data demonstrate that cell death induced by TMZ in gliomas is due to apoptosis and that determinants of sensitivity of gliomas to TMZ are MGMT, p53, proliferation rate and DSB repair...
- O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase and p53 status predict temozolomide sensitivity in human malignant glioma cellsMirjam Hermisson
Laboratory of Molecular Neuro Oncology, Department of General Neurology, Hertie Institute for Clinical Brain Research, University of Tubingen, School of Medicine, Tubingen, Germany
J Neurochem 96:766-76. 2006..Collectively, these results suggest that the determination of MGMT expression and p53 status will help to identify glioma patients who will or will not respond to TMZ...
- p53 effects both the duration of G2/M arrest and the fate of temozolomide-treated human glioblastoma cellsY Hirose
Brain Tumor Research Center, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California San Francisco, 94143-0875, USA
Cancer Res 61:1957-63. 2001..Therefore, the integrity of the G2-M cell cycle checkpoint may be important in the cytotoxicity of TMZ in glioma cells...
- Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of temozolomide on a daily-for-5-days schedule in patients with advanced solid malignanciesL A Hammond
Institute for Drug Development, Cancer Therapy and Research Center, San Antonio, TX 78829, USA
J Clin Oncol 17:2604-13. 1999....
- Isolated limb perfusion with high-dose tumor necrosis factor-alpha in combination with interferon-gamma and melphalan for nonresectable extremity soft tissue sarcomas: a multicenter trialA M Eggermont
Department of Surgical Oncology, University Hospital Rotterdam Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 14:2653-65. 1996....
- O6-Methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase inactivation and chemotherapyBarbara Verbeek
Cancer Research UK Carcinogenesis Group, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, University of Manchester, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Br Med Bull 85:17-33. 2008..This group of drugs mediates cell death by damaging DNA and therefore, understandably, cellular DNA repair mechanisms can influence both their antitumour efficacy and their dose-limiting toxicities...
- Temozolomide for the treatment of brain metastases associated with metastatic melanoma: a phase II studySanjiv S Agarwala
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Pavilion, 5150 Centre Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:2101-7. 2004..A multicenter, open-label, phase II study was conducted to assess the safety and efficacy of temozolomide in patients with brain metastases from metastatic melanoma (MM) who did not require immediate radiotherapy...
- Triazene compounds: mechanism of action and related DNA repair systemsFrancesco Marchesi
Department of Neuroscience, School of Medicine, University of Rome, Tor Vergata, Italy
Pharmacol Res 56:275-87. 2007..Moreover, the susceptibility of neoplastic cells to these compounds can be substantially increased through pharmacological modulation of the expression level and functional activity of DNA repair enzymes...
- Triptolide induces caspase-dependent cell death mediated via the mitochondrial pathway in leukemic cellsBing Z Carter
Section of Molecular Hematology and Therapy, Department of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
Blood 108:630-7. 2006..The potent antileukemic activity of triptolide in vitro warrants further investigation of this compound for the treatment of leukemias and other malignancies...
- Absorption, metabolism, and excretion of 14C-temozolomide following oral administration to patients with advanced cancerS D Baker
The Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Clin Cancer Res 5:309-17. 1999..The primary elimination pathway for TMZ is by pH-dependent degradation to MTIC and further degradation to AIC. Incomplete recovery of radioactivity may be explained by the incorporation of AIC into nucleic acids...
- A senescence program controlled by p53 and p16INK4a contributes to the outcome of cancer therapyClemens A Schmitt
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, 1 Bungtown Road, New York 11724, USA
Cell 109:335-46. 2002..Therefore, cellular senescence contributes to treatment outcome in vivo...
- Clinical features, mechanisms, and management of pseudoprogression in malignant gliomasDieta Brandsma
Department of Neuro Oncology, Daniel den Hoed Cancer Centre, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Lancet Oncol 9:453-61. 2008..Further research is needed to establish reliable imaging parameters that distinguish between true tumour progression and pseudoprogression or treatment-related necrosis...
- Temozolomide induces apoptosis and senescence in glioma cells cultured as multicellular spheroidsW Gunther
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical University of Lubeck, Germany
Br J Cancer 88:463-9. 2003..We suggest that temozolomide is a strong initiator of apoptosis in glioblastoma tumour cells in a spheroid cell culture system, when cells are already in a stressful environment...
- Temozolomide in metastatic breast cancer (MBC): a phase II trial of the National Cancer Institute of Canada - Clinical Trials Group (NCIC-CTG)M E Trudeau
Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre, ON, Canada
Ann Oncol 17:952-6. 2006..This phase II trial sought to determine the activity and toxicity of temozolomide in metastatic breast cancer (MBC). Temozolomide was administered in a dose dense schedule of 150 mg/m(2) on days 1-7 and 15-21 in a 28-day cycle...
- ET-743: the US experience in sarcomas of soft tissuesGeorge D Demetri
Center for Sarcoma and Bone Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Anticancer Drugs 13:S7-9. 2002..There were no treatment-associated deaths. In conclusion, ET-743 is an active chemotherapeutic agent that can induce objective responses and clinical benefit in a subset of patients with metastatic or advanced soft-tissue sarcoma...
- Temozolomide in malignant gliomas of childhood: a United Kingdom Children's Cancer Study Group and French Society for Pediatric Oncology Intergroup StudyL S Lashford
Christie National Health Service Trust, Manchester
J Clin Oncol 20:4684-91. 2002..To determine the response rate of the malignant gliomas of childhood to an oral, daily schedule of temozolomide...
- Health-related quality of life in patients with glioblastoma: a randomised controlled trialMartin J B Taphoorn
Medical Centre Haaglanden, The Hague, The Netherlands
Lancet Oncol 6:937-44. 2005..This paper reports the health-related quality of life (HRQOL) of the patients in this trial...
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of cyclophosphamideMilly E de Jonge
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Slotervaart Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Pharmacokinet 44:1135-64. 2005..Knowledge of the pharmacokinetics of cyclophosphamide, and possibly monitoring the pharmacokinetics of cyclophosphamide in individuals, may be useful for improving its therapeutic index...
- Induction of MGMT expression is associated with temozolomide resistance in glioblastoma xenograftsGaspar J Kitange
Department of Radiation Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Neuro Oncol 11:281-91. 2009..In conclusion, MGMT expression is dynamically regulated in some MGMT nonmethylated tumors, and in these tumors, protracted dosing regimens may not be effective...
- High-dose ifosfamide in bone and soft tissue sarcomas: results of phase II and pilot studies--dose-response and schedule dependenceS R Patel
The Sarcoma Center, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 15:2378-84. 1997..There is a definite positive dose-response curve, and bolus administration appears to be more active than continuous infusion...
- Adenovirus-based strategies overcome temozolomide resistance by silencing the O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase promoterMarta M Alonso
Department of Neuro Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 67:11499-504. 2007..Collectively, our data provide a strong mechanistic rationale for the combination of oncolytic adenoviruses and temozolomide, and should propel the clinical testing of this therapy approach in patients with malignant gliomas...
- Selective CD4+ lymphopenia in melanoma patients treated with temozolomide: a toxicity with therapeutic implicationsY B Su
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:610-6. 2004..Using an extended dosing schedule, we noted a high incidence of lymphopenia and occasional opportunistic infections (OIs). Here we report our retrospective experience in the first 97 patients...
- Temozolomide: a novel oral alkylating agentS J Danson
Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 9BX, UK
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 1:13-9. 2001..Studies of new drug schedules and of drugs to ameliorate temozolomide resistance offer the prospect of increased efficacy...
- Overcoming multidrug drug resistance in P-glycoprotein/MDR1-overexpressing cell lines by ecteinascidin 743Atsuko Kanzaki
Department of Pathology, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, Tohoku University, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Mol Cancer Ther 1:1327-34. 2002..Et-743 can potentiate the activity of other chemotherapeutic agents by down-regulating P-gp/MDR1, suggesting that the combination of Et-743 and chemotherapeutic agents that are substrates for P-gp/MDR1 may be valuable in the clinic...
- Multifaceted resistance of gliomas to temozolomideDora B Bocangel
Department of Pathology, The University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:2725-34. 2002....
- Inhibition of DNA repair for sensitizing resistant glioma cells to temozolomideTakao Kanzawa
Department of Neurosurgery, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
J Neurosurg 99:1047-52. 2003..In this study the authors investigated the ability of O6-benzylguanine (BG), an AGT inhibitor, to sensitize a glioblastoma cell line resistant to TMZ...
- DNA mismatch repair and O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase analysis and response to Temodal in newly diagnosed malignant gliomaH S Friedman
Department of Surgery, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Clin Oncol 16:3851-7. 1998....
- MS-MLPA: an attractive alternative laboratory assay for robust, reliable, and semiquantitative detection of MGMT promoter hypermethylation in gliomasJudith W M Jeuken
Department of Pathology, Nijmegen Center for Molecular Life Sciences, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Lab Invest 87:1055-65. 2007..The semiquantitative aspect of MS-MLPA may prove to be of great value, especially in predicting response to alkylating agents, not only for gliomas as evaluated in this study but also for tumors in general...
- Tumour necrosis factor alpha increases melphalan concentration in tumour tissue after isolated limb perfusionJ H de Wilt
Department of Surgical Oncology, University Hospital Rotterdam Dijkzigt Daniel den Hoed Cancer Centre, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 82:1000-3. 2000....
- Salvage therapy for primary CNS lymphoma with a combination of rituximab and temozolomideRoelien H Enting
Department of Neurology, University Hospital, Groningen, The Netherlands
Neurology 63:901-3. 2004..7 months. This combination merits further study and provides a reasonable therapeutic alternative for older patients with progressive PCNSL...
- Unique pattern of ET-743 activity in different cellular systems with defined deficiencies in DNA-repair pathwaysG Damia
Department of Oncology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milan, Italy
Int J Cancer 92:583-8. 2001..An increase in ET-743 sensitivity was also observed in ataxia telangiectasia-mutated cells. Our data strongly suggest that ET-743 has a unique mechanism of interaction with DNA...
- Histone acetyltransferase 1 is dispensable for replication-coupled chromatin assembly but contributes to recover DNA damages created following replication blockage in vertebrate cellsHirak Kumar Barman
Section of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Department of Medical Sciences, Miyazaki Medical College, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 345:1547-57. 2006..These results indicate that HAT1 participates in recovering replication block-mediated DNA damages, probably through chromatin modulation based on acetylation of Lys-5 and Lys-12 of histone H4...
- The role of base excision repair in the sensitivity and resistance to temozolomide-mediated cell deathRam N Trivedi
Hillman Cancer Center, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213 1863, USA
Cancer Res 65:6394-400. 2005..Thus, the BER pathway is a major contributor to cellular resistance to temozolomide and its efficacy depends on specific BER gene expression and activity...
- A phase II study of extended low-dose temozolomide in recurrent malignant gliomasRaja B Khan
Department of Neurology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Neuro Oncol 4:39-43. 2002..We conclude that the extended low-dose schedule of temozolomide is well tolerated in heavily pre-treated patients; however, our results do not support an improved rate of response or survival...
- Nomograms for predicting survival of patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma: prognostic factor analysis of EORTC and NCIC trial 26981-22981/CE.3Thierry Gorlia
EORTC Data Centre, Brussels, Belgium
Lancet Oncol 9:29-38. 2008....
- Promising survival for patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiforme treated with concomitant radiation plus temozolomide followed by adjuvant temozolomideRoger Stupp
Department of Medical Oncology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 20:1375-82. 2002..This phase II study was performed to determine the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of concomitant radiation plus temozolomide therapy followed by adjuvant temozolomide therapy in patients with newly diagnosed GBM...
- Distinct responses of xenografted gliomas to different alkylating agents are related to histology and genetic alterationsPascal Leuraud
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U495, Laboratoire de Biologie des Interactions Neurones Glie, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, AP HP, Paris, France
Cancer Res 64:4648-53. 2004..These results suggest that the combined use of histology and molecular markers should eventually be helpful selecting the most appropriate agents for treatment of malignant oligodendrogliomas and astrocytomas...
- Disposition and pharmacokinetics of temozolomide in ratL Reyderman
Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, Schering Plough Research Institute, Kenilworth, NJ 07033 1300, USA
Xenobiotica 34:487-500. 2004..Temozolomide was rapidly eliminated (t(1/2) = 1.2 h) and converted to MTIC. 4. Systemic exposure to MTIC was about 2% that of temozolomide. Overall, the disposition of temozolomide in rats was similar to that observed in humans...
- Chemoimmunotherapy for melanoma with dacarbazine and 2,4-dinitrochlorobenzene: results from a murine tumour modelC Wack
Department of Toxicology, , Versbacher Strasse 9, , Germany
Melanoma Res 11:247-53. 2001..In conclusion, we have established a model system that seems to be appropriate for both the optimization of this therapeutic regimen and the characterization of effector mechanisms...
- Prerequisites for effective isolated limb perfusion using tumour necrosis factor alpha and melphalan in ratsJ H de Wilt
Department of Surgical Oncology, University Hospital Rotterdam Dijkzigt Daniel den Hoed Cancer Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 80:161-6. 1999..Moreover, the dose of TNF could be lowered to 10 microg per 5 ml perfusate, which might allow the use of TNF in less leakage-free or less inert perfusion settings...
- Alkylating agents and DNA polymerasesLeon P Bignold
Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, SA 5001, Australia
Anticancer Res 26:1327-36. 2006....
- Temozolomide: a milestone in neuro-oncology and beyond?Nicole Mutter
Multidisciplinary Oncology Center University of Lausanne Hospitals 46 Rue du Bugnon, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 6:1187-204. 2006..Temozolomide is under investigation for other disease entities, in particular lower-grade glioma, brain metastases and melanoma...
- Isolated hepatic perfusion with tumor necrosis factor and melphalan for unresectable cancers confined to the liverH R Alexander
Surgical Metabolism Section, Surgery Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1502, USA
J Clin Oncol 16:1479-89. 1998....
- The past decade of experience with isolated hepatic perfusionAmelia Grover
Surgical Metabolism Section, National Cancer Institute NIH, 10 Center Drive, Building 10, Room 2B07, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1502, USA
Oncologist 9:653-64. 2004..Patient selection is important to ensure good results with minimal morbidity and mortality. Work to define the appropriate clinical groups is ongoing at many clinical centers...
- Protection and in vivo selection of hematopoietic stem cells using temozolomide, O6-benzylguanine, and an alkyltransferase-expressing retroviral vectorN Sawai
Department of Hematology/Oncology, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 332 North Lauderdale, Tennessee 38105, USA
Mol Ther 3:78-87. 2001....
- Combined effects of adenovirus-mediated wild-type p53 transduction, temozolomide and poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitor in mismatch repair deficient and non-proliferating tumor cellsL Tentori
Pharmacology and Medical Oncology Section, Department of Neuroscience, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Via di Tor Vergata 135, 00133 Rome, Italy
Cell Death Differ 8:457-69. 2001..It is conceivable to envisage future possible strategies to enhance cytostatic or cytotoxic effects induced by Ad-p53, based on the use of TZM, alone or combined with PARP inhibitor for the therapy of resistant tumors...
- A rapid and systematic review of the effectiveness of temozolomide for the treatment of recurrent malignant gliomaJ Dinnes
Southampton Health Technology Assessment Centre, Wessex Institute for Health Research and Development, University of Southampton, Mailpoint 728, Boldrewood, Southampton SO16 7PX, UK
Br J Cancer 86:501-5. 2002..Overall the evidence-base is weak and few strong conclusions can be drawn regarding the effectiveness of temozolomide. Large, well-designed randomized controlled trails conducted in a wider patient population are needed...
- The palliative value of tumor necrosis factor alpha-based isolated limb perfusion in patients with metastatic sarcoma and melanomaDirk J Grunhagen
Department of Surgical Oncology, Erasmus MC Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer 106:156-62. 2006..In this study, the authors investigated the palliative value of the ILP procedure to avoid amputation in patients who had Stage IV STS and melanoma...
- Randomised trial of high-dose chemotherapy and haemopoietic progenitor-cell support in operable breast cancer with extensive axillary lymph-node involvementS Rodenhuis
Department of Medical Oncology, Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
Lancet 352:515-21. 1998..Many physicians accept this treatment as standard care. We aimed to assess adjuvant high-dose chemotherapy in breast cancer in a phase II randomised trial...
- Chemotherapy in the treatment of recurrent glioblastoma multiforme: ifosfamide versus temozolomideF Paulsen
Department of Radiotherapy, University of Tubingen, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 125:411-8. 1999..In vitro analysis revealed activity for ifosfamide and temozolomide. The usefulness of these agents in recurrent disease was investigated...
- Inhibition of O6-alkylguanine DNA-alkyltransferase or poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase increases susceptibility of leukemic cells to apoptosis induced by temozolomideL Tentori
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
Mol Pharmacol 52:249-58. 1997..This study also supports the possible use of TZM for the treatment of acute leukemias and suggests new strategies to increase the susceptibility of tumor cells to methylating triazenes in the clinic...
- Mechanisms of chemoresistance to alkylating agents in malignant gliomaJann N Sarkaria
Department of Radiation Oncology and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:2900-8. 2008..This article describes the diverse mechanisms of chemoresistance operating in malignant glioma and efforts to develop reliable preclinical models and novel pharmacologic approaches to overcome resistance to alkylating agents...
- Thresholds of O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase which confer significant resistance of human glial tumor xenografts to treatment with 1,3-bis(2-chloroethyl)-1-nitrosourea or temozolomideD M Kokkinakis
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75235 8855, USA
Clin Cancer Res 7:421-8. 2001..This study further demonstrates that there is a significant benefit of depleting AGT with nonspecific AGT inhibitors prior to treatment with either BCNU or TMZ in tumors having AGT activity >45 fmol/mg protein...
- Allogeneic granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor-secreting tumor immunotherapy alone or in sequence with cyclophosphamide for metastatic pancreatic cancer: a pilot study of safety, feasibility, and immune activationDan Laheru
Department of Oncology, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, The Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:1455-63. 2008....
- Synergistic effects of TNF-alpha and melphalan in an isolated limb perfusion model of rat sarcoma: a histopathological, immunohistochemical and electron microscopical studyP T Nooijen
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 74:1908-15. 1996..This may result in additive cytotoxicity or inhibition of growth of residual tumour cells...
- Hematopoietic cell transplantation in acute lymphoblastic leukemia: better long term event-free survival with conditioning regimens containing total body irradiationE Granados
Haematology Department, Hospital Universitario de la Princesa, C Diego de Leon 62, 28006 Madrid, Spain
Haematologica 85:1060-7. 2000....
- The use of temozolomide in recurrent malignant gliomasA Gaya
Department of Radiotherapy, Hammersmith Hospitals NHS Trust, Fulham Palace Road, London W6 8RF, UK
Cancer Treat Rev 28:115-20. 2002..Further clinical studies investigating its role in neoadjuvant treatment or in combination with radiotherapy or other chemotherapeutic approaches are ongoing...
- Maximum tolerable dose and low-dose metronomic chemotherapy have opposite effects on the mobilization and viability of circulating endothelial progenitor cellsFrancesco Bertolini
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, IFOM Fondazione Italiana per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Institute of Molecular Oncology, European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, 20141 Milan, Italy
Cancer Res 63:4342-6. 2003..Our findings suggest that metronomic low-dose chemotherapy regimens are particularly promising for avoiding CEP mobilization and, hence, to potentially reduce vasculogenesis-dependent mechanisms of tumor growth...
- Temozolomide 3 weeks on and 1 week off as first-line therapy for recurrent glioblastoma: phase II study from gruppo italiano cooperativo di neuro-oncologia (GICNO)A A Brandes
Department of Medical Oncology, Bellaria Hospital, 40139 Bologna, Italy
Br J Cancer 95:1155-60. 2006..The prolonged temozolomide schedule considered in the present study is followed by a high PFS-6 rate; toxicity is acceptable. Further randomised trials should therefore be conducted to confirm the efficacy of this regimen...
- Plasma and cerebrospinal fluid population pharmacokinetics of temozolomide in malignant glioma patientsSandrine Ostermann
Multidisciplinary Oncology Center, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Cancer Res 10:3728-36. 2004....
- CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells suppress tumor immunity but are sensitive to cyclophosphamide which allows immunotherapy of established tumors to be curativeFrancois Ghiringhelli
INSERM U517, Faculty of Medicine, Dijon, France
Eur J Immunol 34:336-44. 2004..These results demonstrate the role of CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T cells in tumor-induced immune tolerance and the interest of regulatory T cell depletion to sensitize established tumors to immunotherapy...
- Antitumor effects in mice of low-dose (metronomic) cyclophosphamide administered continuously through the drinking waterShan Man
Departments of Medical Biophysics, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M4N 3M5 Canada
Cancer Res 62:2731-5. 2002..o. metronomic chemotherapy regimen, which proved safe, reasonably efficacious, and potentially applicable to chronic treatment. Such a regimen may be particularly well suited for integration with antiangiogenic drugs...
- Health-related quality of life in patients treated with temozolomide versus procarbazine for recurrent glioblastoma multiformeD Osoba
Quality of Life Consulting, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Clin Oncol 18:1481-91. 2000..To determine whether chemotherapy with temozolomide (TMZ) versus procarbazine (PCB) for recurrent glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) was associated with improvement in health-related quality of life (HRQOL)...
- Multicenter phase II trial of temozolomide in patients with glioblastoma multiforme at first relapseM Brada
The Royal Marsden Hospital, Surrey, UK
Ann Oncol 12:259-66. 2001..There are no clearly established chemotherapeutic regimens and the aim of treatment is palliation with improvement in the quality of life...
- Phase I dose-escalation and pharmacokinetic study of temozolomide (SCH 52365) for refractory or relapsing malignanciesM Brada
The Royal Marsden NHS Trust, and the Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Br J Cancer 81:1022-30. 1999..8 h). Food produced a slight reduction (9%) in absorption of temozolomide. Temozolomide 200 mg m(-2) day(-1) for 5 days, every 28 days, is recommended for phase II studies...
- Phase II trial of temozolomide plus the matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor, marimastat, in recurrent and progressive glioblastoma multiformeMorris D Groves
Department of Neuro Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:1383-8. 2002....
- Long-term follow-up of a phase II trial of oral altretamine for consolidation of clinical complete remission in women with stage III epithelial ovarian cancer in the Southwest Oncology GroupD S Alberts
University of Arizona Cancer Center, 1515 North Campbell Avenue, PO Box 245024, Tucson, AZ 85724 5024, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 14:224-8. 2004....
- Chemotherapeutic management of soft tissue sarcomaKatherine Thornton
Department of Medical Oncology, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Surg Clin North Am 88:647-60, viii. 2008..In addition, the utility of newer biologic agents in the treatment for sarcomas is considered...
- Inhibition of angiogenesis by non-toxic doses of temozolomideHjalmar Kurzen
Department of Dermatology, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Anticancer Drugs 14:515-22. 2003..Therefore, the antitumor activity of TMZ may, at least in part, be due to its antiangiogenic properties. The precise mechanism of its antiangiogenic action remains to be elucidated...
- Isolated limb perfusions with tumor necrosis factor and melphalan for locally recurrent soft tissue sarcoma in previously irradiated limbsT E Lans
Department of Surgical Oncology, Erasmus MC Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, PO Box 5201, 3008 AE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 12:406-11. 2005..Because radiotherapy is known to destroy vasculature, we wanted to evaluate retrospectively whether the outcome of ILP in patients with radiotherapy for their primary tumor nonetheless showed a benefit from TNF treatment...
- Fifty tumor necrosis factor-based isolated limb perfusions for limb salvage in patients older than 75 years with limb-threatening soft tissue sarcomas and other extremity tumorsBoudewijn van Etten
Department of Surgical Oncology, University Hospital Rotterdam Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 10:32-7. 2003....
- Marked inactivation of O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase activity with protracted temozolomide schedulesA W Tolcher
Institute of Drug Development, Cancer Therapy and Research Center, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Br J Cancer 88:1004-11. 2003..5+/-16.1%, P<0.045). In conclusion, protracted administration of temozolomide, even at relatively low daily doses, leads to significant and prolonged depletion of AGAT activity, which may enhance the antitumour activity of the agent...
- Ecteinascidin-743 inhibits activated but not constitutive transcriptionDebbie Friedman
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Cancer Res 62:3377-81. 2002..These results, taken together with previous reports, leads us to suggest a mechanism whereby ET-743 is a novel, potent, and general inhibitor of activated but not uninduced transcription...
- Careful exclusion of non-neoplastic brain components is required for an appropriate evaluation of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase status in glioma: relationship between immunohistochemistry and methylation analysisKen Sasai
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Am J Surg Pathol 32:1220-7. 2008..Therefore, to correctly establish MGMT expression in the tumor, which could be informative of glioma sensitivity to alkylating agents, exclusion of non-neoplastic brain components from analysis is required...
- High antitumour activity of ET743 against human tumour xenografts from melanoma, non-small-cell lung and ovarian cancerH R Hendriks
NDDO Oncology, University Hospital Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Oncol 10:1233-40. 1999..The aim of the present study was to further explore the antitumour activity of ET743 in human tumour xenografts from melanoma, non-small-cell lung and ovarian cancer...
- Low dose metronomic oral cyclophosphamide for hormone resistant prostate cancer: a phase II studyR Lord
Department of Oncology and Urology, St George s, University of London, London, UK
J Urol 177:2136-40; discussion 2140. 2007..In this study we tested the observations from animal models and evaluated the safety and efficacy of continuous low dose oral cyclophosphamide in patients with hormone resistant prostate cancer...
- Heterogeneity of O(6)-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase activity in colorectal cancer: implications for treatmentNicholas P Lees
Cancer Research UK Carcinogenesis Group, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, The University of Manchester, UK
Oncology 63:393-7. 2002..The aim of this study was to assess whether measurement of MGMT activity in a single tumour biopsy is representative of the whole tumour...
- Prognostic significance of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase protein expression in patients with recurrent glioblastoma treated with temozolomideMotoo Nagane
Department of Neurosurgery, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka, Tokyo 181 8611, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 37:897-906. 2007....
- Metronomic low-dose oral cyclophosphamide and methotrexate plus or minus thalidomide in metastatic breast cancer: antitumor activity and biological effectsM Colleoni
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Milan School of Medicine, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Ann Oncol 17:232-8. 2006..We previously demonstrated efficacy and impact on serum vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) for metronomic cyclophosphamide (C) and methotrexate (M) in patients with breast cancer. New metronomic schedules were investigated...
- Randomized phase II study of temozolomide and radiotherapy compared with radiotherapy alone in newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiformeHelen Athanassiou
Radiation Oncology, St Savas Cancer Hospital, 79 Zimbrakaki St, 10445 Athens, Greece
J Clin Oncol 23:2372-7. 2005..We conducted a multicenter randomized phase II study comparing the efficacy and safety of TMZ administered concomitantly and sequentially to RT versus RT alone in patients with newly diagnosed GBM...
- Effect of temozolomide on central nervous system relapse in patients with advanced melanomaM J Paul
Cancer Research UK Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, UK
Melanoma Res 12:175-8. 2002..03). These results support the investigation of temozolomide as a replacement for DTIC in systemic treatment regimens for melanoma...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha-induced protein 3 as a putative regulator of nuclear factor-kappaB-mediated resistance to O6-alkylating agents in human glioblastomasMarkus Bredel
Division of Oncology, Center for Clinical Sciences Research, Institute for Computational and Mathematical Engineering, Department of Neurosurgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5151, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:274-87. 2006..Pre-existing and acquired drug resistance are major obstacles to the successful treatment of glioblastomas...
- Metronomic therapy with cyclophosphamide induces rat lymphoma and sarcoma regression, and is devoid of toxicityV R Rozados
Instituto de Genética Experimental, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Santa Fe 3100 2000 Rosario, Argentina
Ann Oncol 15:1543-50. 2004..Our aim was to investigate the clinical efficacy and toxicity of metronomic administration of low-dose cyclophosphamide (Cy) in lymphoma and sarcoma rat tumour models...
- Four-hourly scheduling of temozolomide improves tumour growth delay but not therapeutic index in A375M melanoma xenograftsM R Middleton
Cancer Research Campaign Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, UK
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 45:15-20. 2000....
- Temozolomide pharmacodynamics in patients with metastatic melanoma: dna damage and activity of repair enzymes O6-alkylguanine alkyltransferase and poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1E Ruth Plummer
Northern Institute for Cancer Research, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 11:3402-9. 2005..The current study was done to define the effect of temozolomide on DNA integrity and relevant repair enzymes as a prelude to a phase I trial of the combination of temozolomide with a PARP inhibitor...
- Thyroid hormone and insulin-like growth factor-I in patients with multiple myeloma treated with melphalan and prednisoneAntoni Hrycek
Department of Internal Disease and Clinical Pharmacology, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
Arch Med Res 37:74-8. 2006..The aim of this study was the comparative assessment of serum levels of selected hormones and insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) in patients with multiple myeloma (MM) during applied therapy...
- Effective treatment of advanced human melanoma metastasis in immunodeficient mice using combination metronomic chemotherapy regimensWilliam Cruz-Munoz
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Molecular and Cellular Biology Research, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 15:4867-74. 2009..Although dacarbazine chemotherapy remains the standard therapy, it mediates only low response rates, usually of short duration, even when combined with other chemotherapeutic agents. Thus, new therapeutic strategies are urgently needed...
- A multitargeted, metronomic, and maximum-tolerated dose "chemo-switch" regimen is antiangiogenic, producing objective responses and survival benefit in a mouse model of cancerKristian Pietras
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Diabetes and Comprehensive Cancer Centers, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassas Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:939-52. 2005..Additionally, vascular endothelial growth factor receptor (VEGFR) inhibitors and metronomic chemotherapy show modest benefit against early- but not late-stage disease...
- Chemotherapy for brain tumors--a new beginningLisa M DeAngelis
N Engl J Med 352:1036-8. 2005
- Ecteinascidin-743 (ET-743): early test or effective treatment in soft tissue sarcomas?Jaap Verweij
J Clin Oncol 23:5420-3. 2005
- Outcome and prognostic factor analysis of 217 consecutive isolated limb perfusions with tumor necrosis factor-alpha and melphalan for limb-threatening soft tissue sarcomaDirk J Grunhagen
Department of Surgical Oncology, Erasmus MC Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer 106:1776-84. 2006..A mature, large, single-institution experience with 217 consecutive ILPs for STS of the extremity is reported...
- Bioluminescence monitoring of intracranial glioblastoma xenograft: response to primary and salvage temozolomide therapyEduard B Dinca
Neuroscience Graduate Program, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Neurosurg 107:610-6. 2007..In the current study we have applied BLI to the analysis of clinically relevant issues involving use of the DNA methylating agent temozolomide (TMZ) in a mouse model...
- Hepatic artery infusion of high-dose melphalan at reduced flow during isolated hepatic perfusion for the treatment of colorectal metastases confined to the liver: a clinical and pharmacologic evaluationL B J van Iersel
Department of Clinical Oncology, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Surg Oncol 33:874-81. 2007..We believe that the low flow and pressure rates found in this study can result in reduced drug penetration of the tumour and thus limited tumour response...
- Non-sufficient cell cycle control as possible clue for the resistance of human malignant glioma cells to clinically relevant treatment conditionsD Trog
Department of Radiology, Friedrich Wilhelms University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Amino Acids 32:373-9. 2007....
- Effects of photochemically activated alkylating agents of the FR900482 family on chromatinVidya Subramanian
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Chem Biol 14:553-63. 2007..Finally, crosslinked plasmid DNA is inefficiently assembled into chromatin. Our studies suggest pathways for the clinical effectiveness of this class of reagents...
- Pharmacokinetic study of temozolomide on a daily-for-5-days schedule in Japanese patients with relapsed malignant gliomas: first study in AsiansTomokazu Aoki
Department of Neurosurgery, Kitano Hospital Medical Research Institute, 2 4 2 Ogimachi, Kita ku, Osaka 530 8480, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 12:341-9. 2007..Temozolomide (TMZ) is widely used in Europe and the United States. For the safe use of TMZ in the Japanese, as representative of Asians, the pharmacokinetics of TMZ was investigated in Japanese patients and compared to that in Caucasians...
- ET-743: a novel agent with activity in soft-tissue sarcomasJerome Fayette
Hopital Edouard Herriot, Service d Oncologie Medicale, France
Curr Opin Oncol 18:347-53. 2006..ET-743 (ecteinascidin-743, trabectedin, Yondelis) is a natural marine product that has shown clinical activity in sarcoma. This paper reviews the current knowledge on this compound...
- OREGON CHILD HEALTH RESEARCH CENTERHENRY NICHOLSON; Fiscal Year: 2005..An effective formal educational program has been implemented and will be provided during the first two years of training for each Junior Investigator. ..
- Ape1, oxidative stress and glioma alkylator resistanceJOHN SILBER; Fiscal Year: 2008..Evidence for a contribution of Ap endo to resistance would identify a new target for anti-resistance strategies directed against Ape1/Ref-1 (the major human Ap endo), either alone or together with MGMT. ..
- Prognostic Modeling of High-Risk Primary Breast CancerYago Nieto; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- NABTC CENTRAL OPERATION GRANT (UCSF PROJECT LEADER)Michael Prados; Fiscal Year: 2008..The NABTC will treat patients using novel therapeutic agents with the ultimate goal to increase quality, and hopefully, overall survival in this patient population. ..
- NABTC Member Intitution Grant (UCSF Project Leader)Susan Chang; Fiscal Year: 2008..The overall goal of this program is to more effectively treat patients with primary brain tumors, especially malignant glioma, with the purpose of increasing the duration and quality of survival. ..
- PEDIATRIC BRAIN TUMOR CLINICAL TRIAL CONSORTIUMMichael Prados; Fiscal Year: 2003..The aim of these treatment approaches is to increase disease-free and overall survival in children with brain tumors. ..
- Phase I Clinical Trials of Anti-Cancer AgentsFrancis Giles; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- SYNTHESIS AND EVALUATION OF NOVEL PHOSPHORAMIDATESRICHARD BORCH; Fiscal Year: 2005..The ultimate goal is to exploit the unique properties of phosphoramidate chemistry to develop new drugs that exhibit clinical efficacy against resistant or poorly responsive solid tumors. ..
- Phase II Trial of Thalidomide in Primary AmyloidosisAngela Dispenzieri; Fiscal Year: 2002..The ultimate goal of the proposed studies is to improve the prognosis of patient with this fatal disease. ..
- QUALITY OF LIFE FOLLOWING SUCCESSFUL THERAPY OF AMLHENRY NICHOLSON; Fiscal Year: 2001..Completion of this study should help pediatric oncologists fight AML in ways that optimize both survival and QOL. ..
- Halogenated Alkenes and Microsomal GSH-transferasesMichael J Kelner; Fiscal Year: 2010..4] To determine the relative contribution of MGST1 and MGST2 to cellular antioxidant capacity through studies utilizing human MGST1 and MGST2 null cells. ..
- GPX1 ENZYME REGULATION BY OXIDATIVE XENOBIOTICSMichael Kelner; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will provide critical information regarding cellular response to oxidative stress and aid in determining if a common regulatory mechanism exists for GSH-dependent enzymes. ..
- COMBATING ALKYLATING AGENT RESISTANCE IN HUMAN GLIOMASJOHN SILBER; Fiscal Year: 2002..In an effort to define the role of 3-MAG in clinical drug resistance, enzyme levels will be correlated with response to alkylator adjuvant therapy and clinical course. ..
- NABTT-Consortium Therapeutic Studies of CNS MalignanciesStuart Grossman; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Ap endo as a predictor of response to glioma therapyJOHN SILBER; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fostriecin and Related Protein Phosphatase InhibitorsDale Boger; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- COORDINATED REGULATION OF ANTIOXIDANT ENZYMESMichael Kelner; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- B7-CD28/CTLA-4 INTERACTIONS IN IMMUNITY TO TUMORSMARGALIT MOKYR; Fiscal Year: 2001..This information will in turn facilitate the design of rational approaches to manipulate this key immunoregulatory pathway to the benefit of the tumor bearers. ..
- Toll-Like Receptor 3 Activation in AstrocytesGREGORY KONAT; Fiscal Year: 2006..Moreover, because TLR3 can also be activated by RNA released from damaged cells, the outcomes of this study will also be applicable to neurodegenerative conditions of non-viral etiology. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Dissection of T Cell AnergyThomas Gajewski; Fiscal Year: 2005..Ultimately, a complete understanding of the anergic state on the molecular level should guide the development of novel pharmacologic therapies to promote or reverse peripheral tolerance in vivo. ..
- Topoisomerase II Site-Directed Alkylation of DNALaurence Hurley; Fiscal Year: 2006..A variety of techniques, including solution and parallel synthesis, in vitro cytotoxicity assays, DNA chip array analysis, gel electrophoresis, promoter assays, and LM-PCR, will be used to carry out these objectives. ..
- Treatment of Early Stage Multiple MyelomaS Rajkumar; Fiscal Year: 2006..BM angiogenesis will be studied using immunostaining (IHC) for CD34 and an in vitro human angiogenesis assay. VEGF expression will be studied using IHC and quantitative RT-PCR. ..
- Irradiation Damage and Protection of Pulmonary Endothelium Oxidative LipidomicsValerian E Kagan; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- T Cell Immunotherapy of Pediatric Brain TumorsGREGORY PLAUTZ; Fiscal Year: 2005..Alternatively if cross -reactive glioma Ags are identified it would stimulate future studies for molecular characterization of the antigens and provide the rationale for development of a uniform glioma vaccine. ..
- FUNCTION OF NOGGIN IN HAIR FOLLICLE GROWTH AND DISEASEVladimir Botchkarev; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- CNS Gene Delivery and Imaging in Brain Tumor TherapyEdward Neuwelt; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- AAV-Based Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell Cancer VaccinePierre L Triozzi; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Temodar Resistance in CNS TumorsHenry Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- VEGF Function in B-CLLNeil E Kay; Fiscal Year: 2010..3) Does the VEGF/VEGF-R pathway(s) found in CLL B cells correlate with either clinical and/or critical biologic parameters in B-CLL? ..
- DGK in T Cell Regulation and ToleranceThomas F Gajewski; Fiscal Year: 2010..Ti U,0 ._0 ... ur tow 5a' c' OUP O-0 N-0 0-0 V,12 oar aux. :E, -'1 .., (gyp afl' coo COD m='(Dm o03-' _=c 3m03 l17 CDG'O COB 111 ..
- Gene Transfer to Facilitate Dose-Intensification in the Treatment of Pediatric B*Lars Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2007..We hypothesize this strategy will be well tolerated and allow for meaningful dose escalation through chemoprotection afforded by gene transfer into hematopoietic stem cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Uveal Melanoma MicrometastasisPierre L Triozzi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Micrometastases, microscopic deposits of tumor that have spread via the bloodstream, are present in many patients with uveal melanoma at diagnosis. This project will test new methods of identifying and inhibiting these deposits. ..
- Mentored Research in Ovarian CancerMichael Seiden; Fiscal Year: 2006..The P.l.'s dual role as a clinical research director and laboratory P.I. provides fertile opportunity for translation between the clinic and the laboratory. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- G-Quadruplexes as Targets for Drug DesignLaurence Hurley; Fiscal Year: 2007..In vitro and in vivo evaluation will be carried out to evaluate these leads prior to preclinical development and phase 1 clinical trials carried out in collaboration with Cylene Pharmaceuticals. ..
- Biochemical/Molecular Changes Upon Naive T Cell PrimingThomas Gajewski; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Diepoxide Cross-Linking of DNAJULIE MILLARD; Fiscal Year: 2003..Denaturing PAGE will also be used to characterize DNA reaction products of epichiorohydrin to elucidate the impact of a three-carbon chain length in cross-linking. ..
- ZD1839 Therapy of Glioblastoma MultiformeHenry Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- INVESTIGATING THE MECHANISMS OF PRB TUMOR SUPPRESSIONArnab Chakravarti; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aim number 3: To determine whether the deregulation of E2F dependent transcription is correlated with the tumorigenic potential of RB -/- cells in-vivo. ..
- PREMATURE MENOPAUSE IN SURVIVORS OF CHILDHOOD CANCERCharles Sklar; Fiscal Year: 2002..The large size of the study population, the heterogeneity of diagnoses and exposures, combined with the extensive treatment data, will allow assessment of interaction between the major risk factors of interest. ..
- MESNA METABOLISM AND DISPOSITIONMARSHALL GOREN; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies also will position us to test the effect of complex combinatorial therapies on cardiac and multi-organ toxicity. ..
- OXIDATIVE STRESS, APOPTOSIS AND DRUG RESISTANCEIstvan Boldogh; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- PEDIATRIC BRAIN TUMOR CLINICAL TRIALS CONSORTIUMHenry Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- COPPER/ALBUMIN REDOX-CYCLING IN PREECLAMPSIAValerian Kagan; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Colorectal Screening Capacity Building ConferenceDavid Alberts; Fiscal Year: 2003..Continued capacity building and future collaboration will also be woven into this conference to serve as a stone to build upon in the future. ..
- PATHOBIOCHEMISTRY OF ACUTE PROMYELOCYTIC LEUKEMIAEdward Yeh; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies should provide novel insights into the mechanism and function of sentrinization and increase our understanding of the pathogenesis of acute promyelocytic leukemia. ..
- FLT PET imaging for evaluating molecular therapeuticsJann Sarkaria; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- TARGETED RADIOTHERAPY FOR EWING'S SARCOMADouglas Hawkins; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- INFLAMMATORY APOPTOSIS AFTER SPINAL CORD INJURYChung Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2001..The ultimate goal of this project is to enhance functional recovery after SCI through a reduction in ODC death. ..
- Overcoming Barriers to Early Phase Clinical TrialsBruce Chabner; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- PLASTICITY OF LUT INTERNEURONS FOLLOWING SPINAL CORD INJMARGARET VIZZARD; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- FT-IR/GC-MS MODELS FOR PREDICTING PROSTATE CANCERDONALD MALINS; Fiscal Year: 2002..At the conclusion of these studies we expect to have significantly increased understanding of the etiology of prostate cancer and established a promising basis for cancer prediction. ..
- B CLL Subtypes--Correlation with Clinical OutcomeNeil Kay; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Therapy of Temodar plus O6-Benzylguanine in Malignant G*Jennifer Quinn; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- TRIGGERING OF ABERRANT CPG ISLAND METHYLATIONRuss Pieper; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies represent a first step in understanding the gene silencing process and will ultimately contribute to the development of therapies addressed at controlling gene expression. ..
- THERAPEUTIC STUDIES OF ANAPLASTIC GLIOMASLOUIS NABORS; Fiscal Year: 2008..This proposal thus builds on our extensive clinical investigative expertise within the context of a well-established multi-institutional brain tumor treatment consortium. ..
- DENDRITIC CELL BASED VACCINATION FOR MULTIPLE MYELOMACristina Gasparetto; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Endpoint Analyses of Anti-Integrin Therapy for GliomasLOUIS NABORS; Fiscal Year: 2004..Data from these studies will be critically important in developing, refining and validating non-invasive methodologies for timely assessment of specific anti-angiogenic therapies for malignant brain tumors in patients. ..
- Post-transcriptional Regulation Requires Phosphorylation of HuR in GliomaLOUIS NABORS; Fiscal Year: 2009..at the top of each printed page and each continuation page. RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page 1 Description, ..
- INTEGRIN ANTAGONISTS IN GLIOMA BIOLOGY, IMAGING, THERAPYTom Mikkelsen; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- NEW APPLICATIONS IN BRAIN TUMOR THERAPYTom Mikkelsen; Fiscal Year: 2008..These efforts speak to the ultimate goal of our group and NABTT Consortium: improving the outcome of brain tumor patients. ..
- DNA Adducts Formed by DopamineWilliam Bodell; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, the results of these studies will provide unique molecular markers that will be used in future studies to evaluate whether this process is occurring in the substantia nigra of human brain. ..
- A MULTI-USE GLIOMA BIOREPOSITORYTom Mikkelsen; Fiscal Year: 2006..We seek support to expand this multi-use glioma biorepository into an ongoing resource of the best characterized glioma material with clinical correlative and genomic data available. ..
- MOLECULAR GLIOMA THERAPIES AND DIAGNOSTICSTom Mikkelsen; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- DNA ADDUCTS FORMED DURING BRAIN TUMOR THERAPYWilliam Bodell; Fiscal Year: 2001..Number of treatment. These studies will be the first to investigate the formation of BCNU derived DNA abducts in a ic. Brain tumor model. ..