Genomes and Genes
Summary: Drugs that bind to but do not activate serotonin receptors, thereby blocking the actions of serotonin or serotonin agonists.
Publications329 found, 100 shown here
- A review of central 5-HT receptors and their functionN M Barnes
Department of Pharmacology, The Medical School, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, UK
Neuropharmacology 38:1083-152. 1999..In support of which, a number of 5-HT receptor ligands are currently utilised, or are in clinical development, to reduce the symptoms of CNS dysfunction...
- Serotonin-induced increases in adult cell proliferation and neurogenesis are mediated through different and common 5-HT receptor subtypes in the dentate gyrus and the subventricular zoneMounira Banasr
Cellular and Functional Neurobiology Unit, CNRS, Marseille, France
Neuropsychopharmacology 29:450-60. 2004....
- Critical role of 5-HT1A, 5-HT3, and 5-HT7 receptor subtypes in the initiation, generation, and propagation of the murine colonic migrating motor complexEamonn J Dickson
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, NV 89557, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 299:G144-57. 2010..Tonic inhibition of the CM appears to be driven by ongoing activity in descending serotonergic interneurons; by activating 5-HT(7) receptors on AH neurons these interneurons also contribute to the generation of the CMMC...
- Important messages in the 'post': recent discoveries in 5-HT neurone feedback controlTrevor Sharp
University Department of Pharmacology, Mansfield Road, Oxford, UK
Trends Pharmacol Sci 28:629-36. 2007....
- Palonosetron in combination with 1-day versus 3-day dexamethasone for prevention of nausea and vomiting following moderately emetogenic chemotherapy: a randomized, multicenter, phase III trialLuigi Celio
Medical Oncology Unit 2, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Via Venezian 1, 20133, Milan, Italy
Support Care Cancer 19:1217-25. 2011....
- Evidence that increased 5-HT release evokes region-specific effects on blood-oxygenation level-dependent functional magnetic resonance imaging responses in the rat brainM A Preece
Department of Pharmacology, Mansfield Road, Oxford, UK
Neuroscience 159:751-9. 2009..These findings support the use of fMRI imaging methods as a non-invasive tool to study 5-HT function in animal models, with the potential for extension to clinical studies...
- Acute effect of palonosetron on electrocardiographic parameters in cancer patients: a prospective studyC Yavas
Department of Radiation Oncology, Konya Training and Research Hospital, Konya, Turkey
Support Care Cancer 20:2343-7. 2012..The acute cardiac effect of palonosteron is unknown. The purpose of this study is to determine acute effects of palonosetron on electrocardiographic (ECG) parameters in cancer patients...
- A randomized, double-blind study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of three different doses of palonosetron versus placebo for preventing postoperative nausea and vomitingKeith A Candiotti
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Miami, Miami, Florida, USA
Anesth Analg 107:445-51. 2008....
- Pharmacological blockade of serotonin 5-HT₇ receptor reverses working memory deficits in rats by normalizing cortical glutamate neurotransmissionPascal Bonaventure
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, L L C, San Diego, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e20210. 2011..These results indicate that 5-HT₇ receptor antagonists might reverse cognitive deficits associated with NMDA receptor hypofunction by selectively normalizing glutamatergic neurotransmission...
- Systemic morphine produce antinociception mediated by spinal 5-HT7, but not 5-HT1A and 5-HT2 receptors in the spinal cordA Dogrul
Department of Pharmacology, Gülhane Academy of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Br J Pharmacol 149:498-505. 2006..One of the most recently identified subtypes of 5 HT receptor is the 5-HT7 receptor. We aimed to examine the role of spinal 5-HT7 receptors in the antinociceptive effects of systemic morphine...
- 5-HT7 receptors are involved in mediating 5-HT-induced activation of rat primary afferent neuronsThomas Meuser
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Cologne, D 50924 Cologne, Germany
Life Sci 71:2279-89. 2002....
- The 5-HT(7) receptor as a mediator and modulator of antidepressant-like behaviorGor Sarkisyan
Department of Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Behav Brain Res 209:99-108. 2010..The data furthermore support the hypothesis that the 5-HT(7) receptor might be a suitable target for treating depression...
- The interaction of RS 25259-197, a potent and selective antagonist, with 5-HT3 receptors, in vitroE H Wong
Institute of Pharmacology, Palo Alto, California 94303, USA
Br J Pharmacol 114:851-9. 1995..7 In conclusion, the functional, binding and distribution studies undertaken with the radiolabelled and non-radiolabelled RS 25259-197 (S,S enantiomer) established the profile of a highly potent and selective5-HT3 receptor antagonist...
- Am5-HT7: molecular and pharmacological characterization of the first serotonin receptor of the honeybee (Apis mellifera)Jana Schlenstedt
Institute of Biochemistry and Biology, University of Potsdam, Golm, Germany
J Neurochem 98:1985-98. 2006..This study marks the first comprehensive characterization of a serotonin receptor in the honeybee and should facilitate further analysis of the role(s) of the receptor in mediating the various central and peripheral effects of 5-HT...
- Double-blind, randomised, controlled study of the efficacy and tolerability of palonosetron plus dexamethasone for 1 day with or without dexamethasone on days 2 and 3 in the prevention of nausea and vomiting induced by moderately emetogenic chemotherapyM Aapro
Division of Oncology, Institut Multidisciplinaire d Oncologie, Clinique de Genolier, Genolier, Switzerland
Ann Oncol 21:1083-8. 2010..We evaluated the possibility to reduce the total dose of corticosteroids when palonosetron, a long-acting second-generation 5-hydroxytryptamine-3 (5-HT(3)) receptor antagonist, is used...
- In vivo electrophysiological characterization of 5-HT receptors in the guinea pig head of caudate nucleus and orbitofrontal cortexM el Mansari
Neurobiological Psychiatry Unit, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Neuropharmacology 36:577-88. 1997..The present results also indicate that the suppressant effect of DOI may be mediated by 5-HT2A receptors in head of caudate nucleus and atypical 5-HT2 receptors in orbitofrontal cortex...
- Characterization of the 5-HT1A receptor of the honeybee (Apis mellifera) and involvement of serotonin in phototactic behaviorMarkus Thamm
Institute of Biochemistry and Biology, Animal Physiology, University of Potsdam, Potsdam, Germany
Cell Mol Life Sci 67:2467-79. 2010....
- Conservation of structure, signaling and pharmacology between two serotonin receptor subtypes from decapod crustaceans, Panulirus interruptus and Procambarus clarkiiNadja Spitzer
Department of Biology, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA 30302, USA
J Exp Biol 211:92-105. 2008..Considering the apparent conservation of pharmacological properties between crustacean 5-HT receptors, these tools could be applicable to related crustacean physiological preparations...
- Palonosetron plus dexamethasone versus granisetron plus dexamethasone for prevention of nausea and vomiting during chemotherapy: a double-blind, double-dummy, randomised, comparative phase III trialMitsue Saito
Department of Breast Oncology, Juntendo University Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Lancet Oncol 10:115-24. 2009....
- Function of the serotonin 5-hydroxytryptamine 2B receptor in pulmonary hypertensionJ M Launay
CR C Bernard Pathologie expérimentale et communications cellulaires, IFR6, Services de Biochimie et d Angio Hématologie, Hôpital Lariboisière AP HP, Paris, France
Nat Med 8:1129-35. 2002..These data show that activation of 5-HT(2B) receptors is a limiting step in the development of pulmonary hypertension...
- Serotonin-dopamine interaction: electrophysiological evidenceGiuseppe Di Giovanni
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, Sezione di Fisiologia umana G Pagano, Universita di Palermo, Corso Tukory 129, 90134 Palermo, Italy
Prog Brain Res 172:45-71. 2008....
- The in vitro pharmacological profile of prucalopride, a novel enterokinetic compoundM R Briejer
Department of Gastrointestinal Pharmacology, Janssen Research Foundation, Turnhoutseweg 30, 2340 Beerse, Belgium
Eur J Pharmacol 423:71-83. 2001....
- Role of 5-HT receptor mechanisms in sub-chronic PCP-induced reversal learning deficits in the ratSamantha L McLean
Bradford School of Pharmacy, University of Bradford, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD7 1DP, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 206:403-14. 2009..5-HT receptor mechanisms have been suggested to mediate improvements in cognition in schizophrenia...
- Altered serotonin 1A binding in major depression: a [carbonyl-C-11]WAY100635 positron emission tomography studyRamin V Parsey
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
Biol Psychiatry 59:106-13. 2006..We measure 5-HT(1A) in MDD, assess the effects of antidepressant exposure (AE), and examine the role of the C(-1019)G polymorphism...
- An excitatory role for 5-HT in spinal inflammatory nociceptive transmission; state-dependent actions via dorsal horn 5-HT(3) receptors in the anaesthetized ratG M Green
Department of Pharmacology, University College London, Gower Street, WC1E 6BT, London, UK
Pain 89:81-88. 2000..However, during formalin (but not carrageenan) induced inflammation this system is activated, maintaining the response of nociceptive spinal neurones to peripheral formalin...
- The 5-HT7 receptor is involved in allocentric spatial memory information processingGor Sarkisyan
Department of Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Behav Brain Res 202:26-31. 2009..From the current data we conclude that the 5-HT(7)(-/-) mice performed by remembering a simple sequence of actions that resulted in successfully locating a hidden target in a static environment...
- Effects of the selective 5-HT(7) receptor antagonist SB-269970 in animal models of psychosis and cognitionKerry A Waters
Schizophrenia and Cognitive Disorders Discovery Performance Unit, Neurosciences Centre of Excellence for Drug Discovery, GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development Ltd, New Frontiers Science Park, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5AW, UK
Behav Brain Res 228:211-8. 2012..These findings highlight the anti-psychotic and pro-cognitive potential of 5-HT7 receptor antagonists and warrant further studies to explore their therapeutic potential in schizophrenia...
- Analgesic effect of electroacupuncture on inflammatory pain in the rat model of collagen-induced arthritis: mediation by cholinergic and serotonergic receptorsYong Hyeon Baek
Department of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, College of Oriental Medicine, Kyung Hee University, 1 Hoegi dong, Dongdaemun Gu, Seoul 130 702, South Korea
Brain Res 1057:181-5. 2005..p.). These results suggest that low frequency EA can relieve inflammatory pain in CIA and the analgesic effect of EA can be mediated by muscarinic cholinergic receptor, 5-HT1a and 5-HT3 receptors, but not by 5-HT2 receptor...
- Serotonergic regulation of the orexin/hypocretin neurons through the 5-HT1A receptorYo Muraki
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
J Neurosci 24:7159-66. 2004....
- Effects of 5-HT6 antagonists, Ro-4368554 and SB-258585, in tests used for the detection of cognitive enhancement and antipsychotic-like activityAndreas Gravius
Departments of In vivo Pharmacology bIn vitro Pharmacology, Merz Pharmaceuticals GmbH, Frankfurt, Germany
Behav Pharmacol 22:122-35. 2011..These data show moderate efficacy in some models for AD but do not support the therapeutic potential of 5-HT6 antagonists for schizophrenia...
- Inverse agonist and neutral antagonist actions of synthetic compounds at an insect 5-HT1 receptorB Troppmann
Institute of Biochemistry and Biology, Universitat Potsdam, Potsdam, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 159:1450-62. 2010..In this study, we report the cloning and pharmacological properties of a 5-HT(1) receptor of an insect model for neurobiology, physiology and pharmacology...
- Lu AE58054, a 5-HT6 antagonist, reverses cognitive impairment induced by subchronic phencyclidine in a novel object recognition test in ratsJorn Arnt
Lundbeck Research Denmark, H Lundbeck A S, Valby, Denmark
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 13:1021-33. 2010..Lu AE58054 may be useful for the pharmacotherapy of cognitive dysfunction in disease states such as schizophrenia and Alzheimer's disease...
- The therapeutic role of 5-HT1A and 5-HT2A receptors in depressionPau Celada
Department of Neurochemistry, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques de Barcelona, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer, Barcelona, Spain
J Psychiatry Neurosci 29:252-65. 2004....
- The 5-HT(7) receptor in learning and memoryAmanda J Roberts
Molecular and Integrative Neurosciences Department, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Hippocampus 22:762-71. 2012..In conclusion, the use of pharmacological and genetic tools in animal studies of learning and memory suggest a potentially important role for the 5-HT(7) receptor in cognitive processes...
- Selective blockade of 5-HT7 receptors facilitates attentional set-shifting in stressed and control ratsAgnieszka Nikiforuk
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience and Drug Development, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, 12 Smetna Street, 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Behav Brain Res 226:118-23. 2012..In conclusion, these results highlight the possibility that 5-HT7 receptor antagonism may represent a useful pharmacological approach in the treatment of frontal-like cognitive disturbances in stress-related psychiatric disorders...
- Inhibitory effect of serotonin antagonists on JC virus propagation in a carrier culture of human neuroblastoma cellsSouichi Nukuzuma
Department of Microbiology, Kobe Institute of Health, Kobe, Hyogo, Japan
Microbiol Immunol 53:496-501. 2009..These results indicate that 5HT(2A)R antagonists have an inhibitory effect on JCV infection and reproduction, and JCI cells are applicable to an experimental model for pharmacological evaluation of antiviral agents against JCV...
- Insight in the prediction of chemotherapy-induced nauseaJoseph A Roscoe
James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Support Care Cancer 18:869-76. 2010..To identify risk factors for chemotherapy-related nausea...
- Evaluation of new antiemetic agents and definition of antineoplastic agent emetogenicity--state of the artSteven M Grunberg
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, 89 Beaumont Avenue, Given Building E214, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Support Care Cancer 19:S43-7. 2011..Additional efforts will be necessary to understand mechanisms of nausea and to identify optimal remedies...
- Decreased 5-HT1A receptor binding in amygdala of schizophreniaFumihiko Yasuno
Department of Psychiatry YO, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Biol Psychiatry 55:439-44. 2004....
- Palonosetron: a second-generation 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor antagonistRudolph M Navari
Indiana University School of Medicine, Notre Dame Cancer Institute, South Bend, IN 46617, USA
Future Oncol 2:591-602. 2006..Future studies may consider the use of palonosetron with current and other new agents and in other clinical settings, such as bone marrow transplantation and radiation therapy...
- A pharmacological analysis of an associative learning task: 5-HT(1) to 5-HT(7) receptor subtypes function on a pavlovian/instrumental autoshaped memoryAlfredo Meneses
Depto de Farmacobiología, CINVESTAV IPN, Mexico City 14330, Mexico
Learn Mem 10:363-72. 2003..The results indicate that pharmacological manipulation of 5-HT1-7 receptors or 5-HT reuptake sites might modulate memory consolidation, which is consistent with the emerging notion that 5-HT plays a key role in memory formation...
- Optimising antiemetic therapy: what are the problems and how can they be overcome?Matti Aapro
Clinique de Genolier, 1272, Genolier, Switzerland
Curr Med Res Opin 21:885-97. 2005..The PubMed search engine was used to search for relevant literature (up to December 2004) and relevant international congress materials collected during 2003 and 2004...
- 5-HT receptor subtypes involved in the spinal antinociceptive effect of acetaminophen in ratsJ P Courade
, , , BP 38, 30, Place Henri Dunant, 63001 Cedex 1, Clermont-Ferrand, France
Eur J Pharmacol 432:1-7. 2001..These results, the lack of binding of acetaminophen to 5-HT receptors and the increase of central 5-HT levels induced by this drug suggest that acetaminophen-induced antinociception could be indirectly mediated by 5-HT...
- Pharmacological characterisation of the agonist radioligand binding site of 5-HT(2A), 5-HT(2B) and 5-HT(2C) receptorsAntony R Knight
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Vernalis Research, Oakdene Court, 613 Reading Road, Winnersh, Wokingham, RG41 5UA, UK
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 370:114-23. 2004..The results indicate the importance of defining the selectivity of pharmacological tools, which may have been over-estimated in the past, and highlights the need to find more selective agonists to investigate 5-HT2 receptor pharmacology...
- Inverse agonist and neutral antagonist actions of antidepressants at recombinant and native 5-hydroxytryptamine2C receptors: differential modulation of cell surface expression and signal transductionBenjamin Chanrion
Institut de Genomique Fonctionnelle, Universités de Montpellier, CNRS UMRS 5203, INSERM U661, 141 rue de la Cardonille, F 34094 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Mol Pharmacol 73:748-57. 2008..The clinical significance of inverse agonist versus neutral antagonist properties both during and after drug administration will be of interest to elucidate...
- Targeted inhibition of the serotonin 5HT2A receptor improves coronary patency in an in vivo model of recurrent thrombosisK Przyklenk
Center for Platelet Function Studies, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
J Thromb Haemost 8:331-40. 2010..However, earlier-generation serotonin receptor antagonists were not successfully exploited as antiplatelet agents, possibly owing to their lack of specificity for the 5HT2A receptor subtype...
- Spinal 5-HT7 receptors play an important role in the antinociceptive and antihyperalgesic effects of tramadol and its metabolite, O-Desmethyltramadol, via activation of descending serotonergic pathwaysOmer Yanarates
Department of Anesthesiology and Reanimation, Gulhane Military Academy of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Anesthesiology 112:696-710. 2010....
- Enhanced contraction to 5-hydroxytryptamine is not due to "unmasking" of 5-hydroxytryptamine(1b) receptors in the mesenteric artery of the deoxycorticosterone acetate-salt ratA K Banes
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Hypertension 38:891-5. 2001..These data support the conclusions that 5-HT(1B) receptors mediate contraction in mesenteric arteries from hypertensive rats and that this enhanced response to 5-HT is not due to membrane depolarization alone...
- Chemotherapy agent cisplatin induces 48-h Fos expression in the brain of a vomiting species, the house musk shrew (Suncus murinus)Bart C De Jonghe
Monell Chemical Senses Ctr, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 296:R902-11. 2009..Our findings suggest the existence of an extensive neural system that could be targeted to reduce nausea, vomiting, and malaise in cancer patients receiving chemotherapy...
- Review article: roles played by 5-hydroxytryptamine in the physiology of the bowelM D Gershon
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 13:15-30. 1999....
- Role of the medial prefrontal cortex in 5-HT1A receptor-induced inhibition of 5-HT neuronal activity in the ratM Hajos
Oxford University Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Radcliffe Infirmary
Br J Pharmacol 126:1741-50. 1999....
- Roles of 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) receptor subtypes in the inhibitory effects of 5-HT on C-fiber responses of spinal wide dynamic range neurons in ratsFeng Yu Liu
Neuroscience Research Institute and Department of Neurobiology, Peking University, Key Laboratory for Neuroscience, Ministry of Education, Beijing, People s Republic of China
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 321:1046-53. 2007....
- Patient perceptions of the side-effects of chemotherapy: the influence of 5HT3 antagonistsM de Boer Dennert
Department of Medical Oncology, Rotterdam Cancer Institute Daniel den Hoed Kliniek and University Hospital, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 76:1055-61. 1997..Nausea and vomiting remain to be the first and third most distressing side-effects of chemotherapy, even though the incidence and severity of acute nausea and vomiting are now significantly reduced...
- Decreased brain serotonin 5-HT1A receptor availability in medication-naive patients with major depressive disorder: an in-vivo imaging study using PET and [carbonyl-11C]WAY-100635Jussi Hirvonen
Department of Psychiatry, Turku PET Centre, University of Turku and Turku University Central Hospital, Turku, Finland
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 11:465-76. 2008..Lack of correlation with overall severity of the illness may relate to a largely trait-like nature of this abnormality in depressive disorders...
- 5-HT(2A) and 5-HT(2C) receptors exert opposing effects on locomotor activity in miceAdam L Halberstadt
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0804, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:1958-67. 2009..Furthermore, these data also suggest that 5-HT(2A) and 5-HT(2C) receptors exert opposing effects on locomotor activity...
- 5-HT2A receptors stimulate ACTH, corticosterone, oxytocin, renin, and prolactin release and activate hypothalamic CRF and oxytocin-expressing cellsL D van De Kar
The Center for Serotonin Disorders Research and the Department of Pharmacology, Neuroscience and Anatomy, Loyola University of Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
J Neurosci 21:3572-9. 2001..Furthermore, selective activation of 5-HT(2A) receptors mediates the hormonal and Fos-inducing effects of DOI...
- The group III mGlu receptor agonist ACPT-I exerts anxiolytic-like but not antidepressant-like effects, mediated by the serotonergic and GABA-ergic systemsK Stachowicz
Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Smetna 12, 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Neuropharmacology 57:227-34. 2009..p.), the 5-HT2A/C receptor antagonist, did not change the anxiolytic-like effects of ACPT-I. The results of these studies indicate that the GABA-ergic and serotonergic systems are involved in the potential anxiolytic action of ACPT-I...
- Differential mediation of descending pain facilitation and inhibition by spinal 5HT-3 and 5HT-7 receptorsAhmet Dogrul
Gulhane Military Academy of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, Ankara, Turkiye
Brain Res 1280:52-9. 2009..These studies suggest that descending pain inhibitory or facilitatory pathways from RVM act ultimately in the spinal cord in acute and chronic pain states through activation of 5-HT7 and 5-HT3 receptors, respectively...
- Effects of DAU 6215, a novel 5-hydroxytryptamine3 (5-HT3) antagonist on electrophysiological properties of the rat hippocampusM B Passani
Dipartimento di Farmacologia Preclinica e Clinica, , Italy
Br J Pharmacol 112:695-703. 1994....
- Selective serotonin 5-HT3 receptor antagonists for postoperative nausea and vomiting: are they all the same?Tong J Gan
Department of Anesthesiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
CNS Drugs 19:225-38. 2005..This review discusses the pharmacological profiles of dolasetron, granisetron, ondansetron and tropisetron, and the clinical implications of differences in their profiles...
- Recent advances, trends and economic considerations in the risk assessment, prevention and treatment of postoperative nausea and vomitingPeter Kranke
University Hospitals of Würzburg, Department of Anaesthesiology, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Expert Opin Pharmacother 8:3217-35. 2007..Treatment is most important and can also be regarded as a secondary prevention. Due to limited efficacy of single treatment interventions, combination therapy may gain more widespread use in the future...
- Serotonin receptors are involved in the spinal mediation of descending facilitation of surgical incision-induced increase of Fos-like immunoreactivity in ratsJoão Walter S Silveira
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP 14049 900, Brazil
Mol Pain 6:17. 2010..The number of spinal c-Fos positive neurons of rats treated intrathecally with serotonin, noradrenaline or acetylcholine antagonists where evaluated to study the descending pathways activated by a surgical paw incision...
- Dimebolin is a 5-HT6 antagonist with acute cognition enhancing activitiesHerve Schaffhauser
World Wide Discovery Research, Cephalon, Inc, 145 Brandywine Parkway, West Chester, PA 19380, United States
Biochem Pharmacol 78:1035-42. 2009....
- Blockade of the serotonin 5-HT2A receptor suppresses cue-evoked reinstatement of cocaine-seeking behavior in a rat self-administration modelB A Nic Dhonnchadha
Center for Addiction Research, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77550 1031, USA
Behav Neurosci 123:382-96. 2009....
- Influence of escitalopram treatment on 5-HT 1A receptor binding in limbic regions in patients with anxiety disordersC Spindelegger
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Mol Psychiatry 14:1040-50. 2009..034). The significance of the hippocampus region survived the Bonferroni-adjusted threshold for multiple comparisons. These PET data in humans in vivo demonstrate a reduction of the 5-HT(1A) binding potential after SSRI treatment...
- 5-HT(7) receptors in the modulation of cognitive processesAgata Cifariello
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Technologies, Faculty of Sciences of Education, University of L Aquila, ViaVetoio, Coppito 67100 L Aquila, Italy
Behav Brain Res 195:171-9. 2008....
- The effect of Ondansetron on memory in schizophrenic patientsY Levkovitz
Shalvata Mental Health Center, Department of Psychiatry, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Brain Res Bull 65:291-5. 2005..These preliminary results suggest Ondansetron's possible role in enhancement of memory function in schizophrenia...
- Facilitatory actions of serotonin type 3 receptors on GABAergic inhibitory synaptic transmission in the spinal superficial dorsal hornTeruyuki Fukushima
Department of Physiology and Biological Information, Dokkyo Medical University School of Medicine, Kitakobayashi 880, Mibu, Tochigi 321 0293, Japan
J Neurophysiol 102:1459-71. 2009..Taken together, these results provide clues for the underlying mechanisms of the antinociceptive actions of 5-HT3 receptors in the spinal dorsal horn...
- Effects of the 5-HT7 receptor antagonists SB-269970 and DR 4004 in autoshaping Pavlovian/instrumental learning taskAlfredo Meneses
Departamento Pharmacobiology, CINVESTAV IPN, Tenorios 235, Granjas Coapa, Mexico City 14330, Mexico
Behav Brain Res 155:275-82. 2004..These findings support a potential role for both 5-HT(1A) and 5-HT(7) receptors in the pathophysiology and/or treatment of schizophrenia, cognitive deficits and the mechanism of action of atypical antipsychotic drugs...
- Does a single intravenous injection of the 5HT3 receptor antagonist ondansetron have an analgesic effect in neuropathic pain? A double-blinded, placebo-controlled cross-over studyGary J McCleane
Rampark Pain Centre, Lurgan, Northern Ireland
Anesth Analg 97:1474-8. 2003..Pain scores were significantly reduced 2 h after ondansetron injection (but at no other time point). This suggests that ondansetron can have an analgesic effect in neuropathic pain. Side effects were minor and infrequent...
- Cortisol plasma levels in social anxiety disorder patients correlate with serotonin-1A receptor binding in limbic brain regionsRupert Lanzenberger
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 13:1129-43. 2010..Dysregulation of the cortisol level might increase the vulnerability for mood disorders by altering limbic 5-HT1A receptors...
- Inhibition of 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor prevents occlusive thrombus formation on neointima of the rabbit femoral arteryK Nishihira
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, Miyazaki, Japan
J Thromb Haemost 4:247-55. 2006..However, the roles of 5-HT2A receptor in occlusive thrombus formation on disrupted plaque remain obscure...
- Inactivation of the 5-HT(7) receptor partially blocks phencyclidine-induced disruption of prepulse inhibitionSvetlana Semenova
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, USA
Biol Psychiatry 63:98-105. 2008..Further, several antidepressant and antipsychotic drugs have high affinity for the 5-HT(7) receptor...
- Antinociception with intrathecal alpha-methyl-5-hydroxytryptamine, a 5-hydroxytryptamine 2A/2C receptor agonist, in two rat models of sustained painMasayuki Sasaki
Department of Anesthesiology and Reanimatology, Gunma University School of Medicine, 3 39 22 Showa machi, Maebashi 371 8511, Japan
Anesth Analg 96:1072-8, table of contents. 2003..These findings suggest that spinal 5-HT(2A/2C) receptors mediate antinociception in inflammatory pain and neuropathic pain, and the muscarinic receptors contribute to this action...
- Autoradiographic mapping of 5-HT1, 5-HT1A, 5-HT1B and 5-HT2 receptors in the rat spinal cordL Marlier
INSERM U 336, Developpement, Plasticite et Vieillissement du Systeme Nerveux, U S T L, Montpeiller, France
Brain Res 550:15-23. 1991..The differential involvement of 5-HT through different receptors in nociception, autonomous nervous system control and motility are discussed...
- Serotonin and vasoactive intestinal peptide antagonists attenuate rotavirus diarrhoeaS Kordasti
Department of Virology, Swedish Institute for Infectious Disease Control, 172 82 Solna, Sweden
Gut 53:952-7. 2004....
- The 5-HT7 receptor: role in novel object discrimination and relation to novelty-seeking behaviorS J Ballaz
Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute, University of Michigan, 205 Zina Pitcher Place, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0720, USA
Neuroscience 149:192-202. 2007..Scopolamine inhibited object discrimination in HR rats more efficiently than it did in LR rats. Taken together, these results suggest that 5-HT7 may mediate attentional and memory processes relevant to novelty-induced arousal...
- Improvement of phencyclidine-induced social behaviour deficits in rats: involvement of 5-HT1A receptorsShikha Snigdha
The School of Pharmacy, University of Bradford, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD7 1DP, UK
Behav Brain Res 191:26-31. 2008....
- Strain-specific genetics, anatomy and function of enteric neural serotonergic pathways in inbred miceKathleen B Neal
Department of Physiology, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
J Physiol 587:567-86. 2009..These data associate a genetic difference with significant structural and functional consequences for enteric neural serotonergic pathways in the jejunum...
- Effects of metabotropic glutamate 2/3 receptor antagonists in the stress-induced hyperthermia test in singly housed miceMichihiko Iijima
Psychiatric Diseases and Pain Research, Medicinal Pharmacology Laboratory, Medicinal Research Laboratories, Taisho Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Saitama, Japan
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 190:233-9. 2007..Recently, modulation of the group II metabotropic glutamate (mGlu) 2/3 receptor has been proposed as a novel therapeutic approach for psychiatric disorders...
- Attenuation of benzodiazepine withdrawal anxiety in the rat by serotonin antagonistsDenovan P Begg
La Trobe University School of Psychological Science, Australia
Behav Brain Res 161:286-90. 2005....
- Locating an antagonist in the 5-HT3 receptor binding site using modeling and radioligand bindingAndrew J Thompson
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 1QW, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 280:20476-82. 2005..The data showed that residues both in and close to the binding pocket can affect antagonist binding and overall were found to best support model B...
- Exogenous serotonin regulates proliferation of interstitial cells of Cajal in mouse jejunum through 5-HT2B receptorsMira M Wouters
Enteric Neuroscience Program, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Gastroenterology 133:897-906. 2007..The mechanisms modulating ICC survival and proliferation are poorly understood. This study aimed to establish whether 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) plays a role in regulating ICC proliferation...
- Serotonin antagonism and serotonin antagonists in pregnancy: role of ketanserinD W Steyn
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tygerberg Hospital, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
Obstet Gynecol Surv 55:582-9. 2000..Additional studies are needed to adequately assess a possible role for ketanserin with acute hypertension or moderate chronic hypertension...
- Further pharmacological analysis of the orphan 5-HT receptors mediating feline vasodepressor responses: close resemblance to the 5-HT7, receptorC M Villalon
Departamento de Farmacologia, CINVESTAV IPN, Mexico D F, Mexico
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 361:665-71. 2000..g. relaxation of the canine external carotid artery and guinea-pig ileum as well as feline tachycardia)...
- Serotonin receptors: their key role in drugs to treat schizophreniaHerbert Y Meltzer
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Psychopharmacology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Suite 306, 1601 23rd Avenue, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 27:1159-72. 2003..g., the D3 or D4 receptor, and drugs that are selective for them...
- Frontocortical 5-HT4 receptors exert positive feedback on serotonergic activity: viral transfections, subacute and chronic treatments with 5-HT4 agonistsGuillaume Lucas
Departement de Psychiatrie, Universite McGill, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Biol Psychiatry 57:918-25. 2005..In addition, the poor distribution of 5-HT4 receptors within the DRN raised the question of the neuroanatomical bases underlying this control...
- Single dose of palonosetron plus dexamethasone to control nausea, vomiting and to warrant an adequate food intake in patients treated with highly emetogenic chemotherapy (HEC). Preliminary resultsV Lorusso
Oncology Unit, Vito Fazzi Hospital, Lecce, Italy
Support Care Cancer 17:1469-73. 2009..Moreover, we evaluated the amount of their food intake (FI) in the week following therapy, in order to measure any reduction of calories consumption related to Chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV)...
- Effect of chronic treatment with clozapine and haloperidol on 5-HT(2A and 2C) receptor mRNA expression in the rat brainXu Feng Huang
Neuroscience Institute of Schizophrenia and Allied Disorders NISAD, Sydney NSW 2010, Australia
Neurosci Res 59:314-21. 2007....
- Chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomitingPaul J Hesketh
Caritas St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Boston, MA 02135, USA
N Engl J Med 358:2482-94. 2008
- Electroconvulsive shock decreases binding to 5-HT2 receptors in nonhuman primates: an in vivo positron emission tomography study with [18F]setoperoneElissa M Strome
Pacific Parkinson s Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Biol Psychiatry 57:1004-10. 2005..The consequences of another effective antidepressant treatment, electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), on 5-HT(2) receptors are less established...
- Autoradiographic localization of 5-HT1A receptors in the post-mortem human brain using [3H]WAY-100635 and [11C]way-100635H Hall
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Brain Res 745:96-108. 1997..These data provide a strong basis for expecting [11C]WAY-100635 to behave as a highly selective radioligand in vivo...
- Synergistic action of 5-HT2A antagonists and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors in neuropsychiatric disordersGerard J Marek
Department of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 28:402-12. 2003....
- Sustained pharmacological blockade of NK1 substance P receptors causes functional desensitization of dorsal raphe 5-HT 1A autoreceptors in miceBruno P Guiard
Inserm UPMC, NeuroPsychoPharmacologie, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Neurochem 95:1713-23. 2005..These data supported the hypothesis that chronic NK1 receptor blockade induces a functional desensitization of 5-HT 1A autoreceptors similar to that observed with SSRIs...
- APD791, 3-methoxy-n-(3-(1-methyl-1h-pyrazol-5-yl)-4-(2-morpholinoethoxy)phenyl)benzamide, a novel 5-hydroxytryptamine 2A receptor antagonist: pharmacological profile, pharmacokinetics, platelet activity and vascular biologyJohn W Adams
Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 331:96-103. 2009..These results demonstrate that APD791 is an orally available, high-affinity 5-HT(2A) receptor antagonist with potent activity on platelets and vascular smooth muscle...
- A randomized, double-blind study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of three different doses of palonosetron versus placebo in preventing postoperative nausea and vomiting over a 72-hour periodAnthony L Kovac
Department of Anesthesiology, University of KS Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, USA
Anesth Analg 107:439-44. 2008....
- The role of serotonin in ischemic cellular damage and the infarct size-reducing effect of sarpogrelate, a 5-hydroxytryptamine-2 receptor blocker, in rabbit heartsYasuko Shimizu
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:1347-55. 2002..We aimed to clarify the relation between sarpogrelate (SG), a 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT)-2 receptor blocker, and myocardial interstitial serotonin or infarct size during ischemia and reperfusion...
- Serotonin 5-HT2C agonists selectively inhibit morphine-induced dopamine efflux in the nucleus accumbensD L Willins
Department of Psychiatry, Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Brain Res 781:291-9. 1998..These results suggest that the activation of 5-HT2C receptors selectively inhibits morphine-induced DA release in the NAc in a manner which is independent of the inhibition of 5-HT neurons...
- New pharmacologic findings for the treatment of PONV and PDNVDwight D Kloth
Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Room H4 131, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 66:S11-8. 2009..Research regarding new pharmacologic findings in regards to the treatment of postoperative nausea and vomiting (PONV) and postdischarge nausea and vomiting (PDNV) are discussed...
- Ondansetron in the treatment of cognitive decline in Alzheimer dementiaMaurice Dysken
Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Minneapolis VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 10:212-5. 2002..Although ondansetron was well tolerated without any serious drug-related side effects, the study failed to demonstrate any significant cognitive improvement...
- [Postoperative nausea and vomiting--what's new in anti-emetic pharmacotherapy?]Jan Wallenborn
Klinik und Poliklinik fürAnästhesiologie und Intensivtherapieam UK Leipzig
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther 44:296-304; quiz 305. 2009..Low-dose droperidol has regained approval and should be considered as first choice among the current available neuroleptics...
- NEUROPSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY MDMA--MONOAMINERGIC MECHANISMSKATHRYN CUNNINGHAM; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- PHENCYCLIDINE: A BEHAVIORAL AND NEUROCHEMICAL STUDYHerbert Meltzer; Fiscal Year: 1980..DA metabolites DOPAC and HVA were also elevated by PCP in haloperidol treated rats. Administration of PCP to rats pretreated with a low dose of haloperiodol accelerated the AMPT-induced depletion of DA...
- STIMULANTS, DEPRESSANTS & HALLUCINOGENS AS REINFORCERSGail Winger; Fiscal Year: 2003..other substituted phenyliospropylamines to maintain responding will be tested, and the effects of several serotonin antagonists and several dopamine antagonists on the reinforcing effects of these drugs will be measured as well. 6...
- NEUROTOXIC HALLUCINOGENS: EFFECTS ON LEARNINGJohn Harvey; Fiscal Year: 1992..Third, we will examine the ability of drugs such as serotonin antagonists and reuptake blockers to block the behavioral and neurotoxic effects of MDA and MDMA...
- Novel 5-HT treatments for METH post-addiction therapyCLARK TEDFORD; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of this research may also be utilized to explore additional therapeutic treatments for other drugs of abuse and subsequent identification of novel therapies. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HALLUCINOGENS IN MODELS OF BRAIN SEROTONIN ACTIVITYJohn Connor; Fiscal Year: 1980..field potential brought about by raphe nucleus stimulation, hallucinogenic agents (LSD especially), and serotonin antagonists (methysergide)...
- AFFERENT DYSFUNCTION & GAS RETENTION: ROLE OF SEROTONINWilliam Hasler; Fiscal Year: 2003..The investigation in this proposal will provide novel and significant insight into the mechanisms underlying development of gas and bloating. ..
- BLOCKADE OF METHAMPHETAMINE SUBJECTIVE EFFECTS IN HUMANSHarriet de Wit; Fiscal Year: 2000..It is hypothesized that the combined effects of these antagonists on DA and 5-HT systems will result in an attenuation of the subjective effects of methamphetamine. ..
- A Novel Animal Model of Relevance to SchizophreniaDavid Feifel; Fiscal Year: 2009..the mechanisms underlying BB PPI deficits by: 1) examining the effects of selective dopamine and serotonin antagonists, 2) measuring brain levels of dopamine and serotonin receptors, and 3) examining whether central ..
- SATIETY EFFECT OF CHOLECYSTOKININGerard Smith; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- LIMBIC MONOAMINES, BEHAVIOR, & PSYCHOPATHOLOGYMark Geyer; Fiscal Year: 1993..In rats, startle habituation is decreased by serotonin agonists and increased by serotonin antagonists. Studies using a behavioral pattern monitor which provides a detailed profile of investigatory and ..
- Potentiation of photic circadian clock phase shiftsMary Harrington; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] The capability of NPY and serotonin antagonists to potentiate and agonists to attenuate the effects of light on the circadian system could be a ..
- Cannabinoid Mechanisms in Human Gastrointestinal Motor and Sensory FunctionsMICHAEL L CAMILLERI; Fiscal Year: 2010..These actions may be relevant to develop new treatments for IBS. The studies will also provide further understanding of the potential of medications like medical marijuana on stomach function that may be relevant to appetite control. ..
- ALPHA 2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL IN IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROMEMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2008..Significance: This project will characterize pharmacogenetic mechanisms determining the response to clonidine through studies of candidate genes that control alpha2-adrenoreceptor function and norepinephrine transport in IBS. ..
- ALPHA-2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL OF COLONIC FUNCTION IN IBSMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Gene expression associated with the CNS reinforcing act*ZACHARY RODD HENRICKS; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of the proposed project will provide valuable information on neuronal systems and receptors within the extended amygdala involved in mediating the rewarding properties of alcohol. ..
- RNAi-medicated inhibition of BDNF expression and alcohol-drinking behaviorQINGSHAN YAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- INTEROCEPTIVE DRUG CUE CONDITIONING OF COCAINE EFFECTSRobert Carey; Fiscal Year: 2002..This research is important for the identification of the ways interoceptive drug cues can activate or inactivate cocaine conditioned stimuli. ..
- ALCOHOL AND MESOLIMBIC DOPAMINE PATHWAYQINGSHAN YAN; Fiscal Year: 2002..This will elucidate the relative contribution of 5-HT2 receptors to the regulation of ethanol-induced DA release and help to explain the effects of 5-HT2 antagonists on alcohol consumption reported in the literature. ..
- Arterial 5-HT Transporter FunctionStephanie Watts; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Society for the Stimulus Properties of Drugs SatelliteEllen Walker; Fiscal Year: 2005..The SSPD Satellite to the EBPS 2005 Conference promises to coordinate, exchange, and disseminate information to further our understanding of drug abuse. ..
- Human 5HT 1E Serotonin Receptor Drug Development (RMI)Milt Teitler; Fiscal Year: 2005..Selective agonists and antagonists for the 5HT1E receptor should, at the least, provide information on the function of this highly expressed receptor, and may lead to novel therapeutics for brain dysfunction. ..
- Behavioral Pharmacology of Serotonin Inverse AgoinstsEllen Walker; Fiscal Year: 2006..Taken together, these experiments will provide a novel pharmacological and/or behavioral profile for 5-HT2C inverse agonists and neutral antagonists while testing hypotheses generated from in vitro data. ..
- MECHANISMS AND SITES OF VENTILATORY NEUROGENESISWALTER ST JOHN; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such information might provide insights into dysfunctions of the control of ventilation in humans, such as in "sleep apnea" or the "sudden infant death syndrome." [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effects of self-administered MDMA on brain and behavior in rhesus monkeysWilliam Fantegrossi; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, these studies are likely to be more relevant to the potential human condition of MDMA-induced lasting neurochemical alterations and behavioral changes [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- AMPHETAMINE, INSULIN AND THE DA TRANSPORTER IN VIVOLynette Daws; Fiscal Year: 2005..In turn, these studies may help to illuminate the neural mechanisms underlying the high co-morbidity of eating disorders and drug abuse. ..
- 5-HT3 receptor mediation of 5-HT & CCK-induced satiationMatthew Hayes; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Biological Predictors of Response to AntidepressantsRamin V Parsey; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our overall goal is to reduce the trial and error associated with finding an effective antidepressant by using data from pre-treatment quantification of 5-HT1A receptors and 5-HTT to guide antidepressant treatment selection. ..
- Molecular Biology of 5HT2A receptor expressing synapsesMilt Teitler; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Imaging of Serotonin Transporters in DepressionRAMIN PARSEY; Fiscal Year: 2005..These goals will be met by a combination of didactic I course work and supervision. ..
- 5-HT2A RECEPTOR STRUCTURE: AN INTEGRATED APPROACHRichard Westkaemper; Fiscal Year: 2006..This is one of the first times that a combined approach, utilizing receptor modeling, model-specific ligand design, and model-directed mutagenesis, has been applied to 5-HT receptors. ..
- BEHAVIORAL & PHARMACOLOGICAL ANALYSIS OF DRUGS OF ABUSEJERROLD WINTER; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Behavioral and Pharmacological Analysis of Drugs of AbuseJERROLD WINTER; Fiscal Year: 2008..This likelihood coupled with continued interest in the therapeutic use of agents such as psilocybin makes a detailed pharmacological assessment of these drugs of utmost importance. ..
- Sleep Apnea: Upper Airway Nerve InjurySigrid Veasey; Fiscal Year: 2009..Collectively, the proposed studies will unveil important mechanisms of neuronal injury in obstructive sleep apnea and should reveal diabetes is a risk factor for this neural injury in sleep apnea. ..
- PRESYNAPTIC MECHANISMS IN THE INTESTINEJames Galligan; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is also anticipated that these studies will identify new targets for drugs that can be used to treat GI motility disorders. ..
- NEURAL MECHANISMS RESETTING THE AGED CIRCADIAN PACEMAKERMarilyn J Duncan; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- CB1 Modulation of Opioid Peptides and Ethanol IntakeLoren Parsons; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Bladder and Sphincter Control after Spinal Cord InjuryChangfeng Tai; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- PROSPECTIVE STUDY OF TARDIVE DYSKINESIA DEVELOPMENTJohn Kane; Fiscal Year: 2001..This strategy will provide a rapid and cost-effective answer to a critical question. ..
- The 5-HT7 receptor in models of psychiatric disordersPETER HEDLUND; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will provide valuable data for possible improvements of the therapy for disorders that afflicts large groups of the population. ..
- The Effects of Cannabis Use/Abuse on In Vivo Dopamine FunctionWILLIAM FRANKLE; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BRAIN PATHOPHYSIOLOGY IN ANXIETY DISORDERSGREGORY SULLIVAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..Through such work, he seeks to contribute to the understanding of the pathophysiology of PD in order to suggest improved therapeutics for this devastating and underrecognized brain disorder. ..
- Antipsychotic Drugs and Maternal Behavior: A Preclinical InvestigationMing Li; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Neuroanatomy of Antipsychotic Drug ActionWILLIAM FRANKLE; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Serotonin-1A receptors in postpartum depressionEydie Moses Kolko; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results of this study will inform future studies of novel hormonal and behavioral treatments for postpartum depression. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Adolescence: A Sensitive Period for Nicotine AddictionEdward Levin; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MAINTENANCE FLUOXETINE IN POSTTRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDERJonathan Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2001..Health services and cost implications of such findings remain considerable, given the morbidity associated with PTSD. ..
- Behavioral Genetics and Toxic ResponseEdward Levin; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- COCAINE REWARD AND 5 HT 1B RECEPTORS--NEURAL MECHANISMSLoren Parsons; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- A Rapid Immunoassay for Detection of Yersinia PathogensJohn Glass; Fiscal Year: 2002..Furthermore, this prototype assay will be reduced to a production model, validated for regulatory approval, and finalized for manufacture through a joint venture partner. ..
- DIFFERENTIAL VULNERABILITY TO MORBIDITIES OF SLEEP APNEASigrid Veasey; Fiscal Year: 2003..Therefore, this work provides an essential foundation for determining gene function in the susceptibility of sleepiness, impaired cognation and behavioral responses caused by obstructive sleep apnea. (End of Abstract.) ..
- ETHANOL EFFECTS ON GLYCINE RECEPTOR/CHANNEL FUNCTIONJiang Hong Ye; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- SEROTONERGIC REGULATION OF INSULIN LIKE GROWTH FACTORSJean Lauder; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- 5-HTIB RECEPTORS AND MECHANISMS OF ETHANOL REINFORCEMENTLoren Parsons; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- SIMPLE VERTEBRATE AND INVERTEBRATE SYSTEMSMichael Gershon; Fiscal Year: 2005..Almost all trainees have continued to be productive in biomedical science and some have acquired leadership positions. ..
- Nicotinic-Antipsychotic Drug Interactions and CognitionEdward Levin; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Cannabinoids in Early Sea Urchin DevelopmentJean Lauder; Fiscal Year: 2005..Future studies will test these therapeutic strategies in the mouse. ..
- Development of the enteric nervous system: Cells & genesMichael Gershon; Fiscal Year: 2006..The invited speakers include all of the leading researchers in the field, including Professor Nicole Le Douarin. We also anticipate that many post-graduate students and post-doctoral fellows will also attend. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Experimental approaches to understanding the ENS and its disordersJames Galligan; Fiscal Year: 2006..This will help the attendees develop a network of professional contacts who can help the young investigator in the career development process. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Endocannabinoids and cue-induced drug-seeking behaviorLoren Parsons; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Patient Expectations and Chemotherapy-Induced NauseaJoseph Roscoe; Fiscal Year: 2007..We seek to find out if interventions that increase patients' positive expectancy for nausea prevention can enhance the efficacy of the wristbands and contribute to a reduction in patient nausea. ..
- KAVA KAVA IN GENERALIZED ANXIETY: A DOUBLE-BLIND TRIALJonathan Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2001..It will also contribute towards providing an answer to what is rapidly becoming a major public health question, namely what can we reasonably expect herbal treatments to offer? ..