Genomes and Genes
adrenergic uptake inhibitors
Summary: Drugs that block the transport of adrenergic transmitters into axon terminals or into storage vesicles within terminals. The tricyclic antidepressants (ANTIDEPRESSIVE AGENTS, TRICYCLIC) and amphetamines are among the therapeutically important drugs that may act via inhibition of adrenergic transport. Many of these drugs also block transport of serotonin.
Publications243 found, 100 shown here
- Critical involvement of dopaminergic neurotransmission in impulsive decision makingMarcel M van Gaalen
Department of Medical Pharmacology, Research Institute Neurosciences Vrije Universiteit, Center for Neurogenomics and Cognitive Research, Free University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biol Psychiatry 60:66-73. 2006..Commonly prescribed for this condition, amphetamine (Adderall), reduces impulsive decision making; however, the neuropharmacologic mechanism of this effect of amphetamine is unclear...
- Clinical responses to atomoxetine in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: the Integrated Data Exploratory Analysis (IDEA) studyJeffrey H Newcorn
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 48:511-8. 2009..We conducted a retrospective analysis of randomized controlled trials (RCTs) to identify potential baseline (moderator) and on-treatment (mediator) predictors of responses...
- Sub-optimal performance in the 5-choice serial reaction time task in rats was sensitive to methylphenidate, atomoxetine and d-amphetamine, but unaffected by the COMT inhibitor tolcaponeNeil E Paterson
Behavioral Pharmacology, PsychoGenics, Inc, Tarrytown, NY 10591, USA
Neurosci Res 69:41-50. 2011..Finally, tolcapone had no effects on sub-optimal performance in the variable ITI 5-CSRTT. These results suggest minimal potential of tolcapone as a therapeutic agent for ADHD and implicate cortical NE, not DA, in impulsive action...
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in the European adult population: prevalence, disease awareness, and treatment guidelinesJosep Antoni Ramos-Quiroga
Adult ADHD Program, Department of Psychiatry, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Curr Med Res Opin 29:1093-104. 2013..Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a chronic neurobiological disorder with childhood onset and persistence into adolescence and adulthood...
- Atomoxetine improved response inhibition in adults with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorderSamuel R Chamberlain
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 62:977-84. 2007..Compared with psychostimulants, atomoxetine has a distinct mode of brain action and potentially lower addictive potential. Studies have yet to assess whether atomoxetine improves cognition following a single oral dose in ADHD...
- European guidelines on managing adverse effects of medication for ADHDJ Graham
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, The Centre for Child Health, Dundee, UK
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 20:17-37. 2011..Some of the effects examined appeared to be minimal in impact or difficult to distinguish from risk to untreated populations. However, several areas require further study to allow a more precise understanding of these risks...
- Atomoxetine treatment of ADHD in children with comorbid Tourette syndromeThomas J Spencer
Pediatric Psychopharmacology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114 2696, USA
J Atten Disord 11:470-81. 2008..This study examines changes in severity of tics and ADHD during atomoxetine treatment in ADHD patients with Tourette syndrome (TS)...
- Neural correlates of error monitoring modulated by atomoxetine in healthy volunteersHeiko Graf
Department of Psychiatry, Ulm University Hospital, Ulm University, Ulm, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 69:890-7. 2011..We investigated the effects of atomoxetine (80 mg) on error monitoring as a second key component of cognitive control...
- Pattern classification of working memory networks reveals differential effects of methylphenidate, atomoxetine, and placebo in healthy volunteersAndre F Marquand
Department of Neuroimaging, Centre for Neuroimaging Sciences, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
Neuropsychopharmacology 36:1237-47. 2011..Thus, interactions between drug effects and motivational state are crucial in defining the effects of MPH and ATX...
- Atomoxetine modulates right inferior frontal activation during inhibitory control: a pharmacological functional magnetic resonance imaging studySamuel R Chamberlain
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Biol Psychiatry 65:550-5. 2009..However, the mechanisms by which atomoxetine improves inhibitory control have yet to be determined...
- Effects of chronic antidepressant treatments on serotonin transporter function, density, and mRNA levelS Benmansour
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78284, USA
J Neurosci 19:10494-501. 1999..Based on these results, it appears that the SERT is downregulated by chronic administration of SSRIs but not other types of antidepressants; furthermore, the downregulation is not caused by decreases in SERT gene expression...
- Effect of tacrine on EEG slowing in the rat: enhancement by concurrent monoamine therapyH C Dringenberg
Department of Psychology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Neurobiol Aging 21:135-43. 2000..Thus, combined cholinergic-monoaminergic therapy may provide an enhanced restoration of cortical functioning, in addition to limiting the required treatment dose of cholinesterase inhibitors...
- Correlates of alcohol use in adults with ADHD and comorbid alcohol use disorders: exploratory analysis of a placebo-controlled trial of atomoxetineTimothy E Wilens
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 27:2309-20. 2011..Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and substance use disorder are often comorbid in adults. The effects of ADHD treatment on comorbid alcohol use disorder have not been extensively studied...
- Pharmacotherapy of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in adolescentsAnn C Childress
Center for Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Inc, Las Vegas, NV 89128, USA
Drugs 72:309-25. 2012..Therefore, clinical decisions used in selecting pharmacotherapy to treat ADHD in children aged 6-12 years can be applied in the adolescent population...
- Methylphenidate and atomoxetine enhance prefrontal function through α2-adrenergic and dopamine D1 receptorsNao J Gamo
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:1011-23. 2010....
- Evaluation of atomoxetine for first-line treatment of newly diagnosed, treatment-naïve children and adolescents with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorderAlonso Montoya
Clinical Research, Lilly Research Laboratories, Avenida Industria 30, Alcobendas, Spain
Curr Med Res Opin 25:2745-54. 2009..To test the hypothesis that first-line treatment with atomoxetine provides superior efficacy than placebo for up to 12 weeks in improving the symptoms of Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)...
- An open study of adjunct OROS-methylphenidate in children and adolescents who are atomoxetine partial responders: I. EffectivenessTimothy E Wilens
Pediatric Psychopharmacology Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 19:485-92. 2009..This study evaluated the effectiveness of adding OROS methylphenidate (MPH) to children who are partial responders to atomoxetine (ATMX) in the treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Effects of open-label atomoxetine on African-American and Caucasian pediatric outpatients with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderTodd M Durell
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 21:26-37. 2009..Data on the management of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in African-American children and adolescents are limited...
- The locus coeruleus-noradrenergic system: modulation of behavioral state and state-dependent cognitive processesCraig W Berridge
Departments of Psychology and Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Brain Res Brain Res Rev 42:33-84. 2003....
- Duloxetine for the management of diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain: evidence-based findings from post hoc analysis of three multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group studiesDaniel K Kajdasz
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
Clin Ther 29:2536-46. 2007....
- Seizure risk in patients with attention-deficit-hyperactivity disorder treated with atomoxetineJoachim F Wernicke
Lilly Research Laboratories, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Dev Med Child Neurol 49:498-502. 2007..The shared vulnerability between ADHD and seizure activity should be taken into account when making treatment decisions for populations of children with epilepsy and children with ADHD...
- Long-term atomoxetine treatment in adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderTimothy E Wilens
Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Psychiatry, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Pediatr 149:112-9. 2006..To determine the efficacy and safety of atomoxetine in adolescent subjects treated for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) for up to 2 years...
- Duloxetine for patients with diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain: a 6-month open-label safety studyJoel Raskin
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly Canada, Toronto, Canada
Pain Med 7:373-85. 2006..This study assessed the 6-month safety and tolerability of duloxetine in patients with DPNP; evaluation of efficacy was a secondary objective...
- Atomoxetine: a review of its use in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in children and adolescentsKarly P Garnock-Jones
Wolters Kluwer Health mid R Adis, Auckland, New Zealand, an editorial office of Wolters Kluwer Health, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Paediatr Drugs 11:203-26. 2009....
- Effects of acute and chronic administration of atomoxetine and methylphenidate on extracellular levels of noradrenaline, dopamine and serotonin in the prefrontal cortex and striatum of miceKen Koda
Laboratory of Medicinal Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Neurochem 114:259-70. 2010..These results suggest that acute and chronic administration of the ADHD drugs selectively activate the prefrontal catecholamine systems in mice...
- Methylphenidate preferentially increases catecholamine neurotransmission within the prefrontal cortex at low doses that enhance cognitive functionCraig W Berridge
Psychology Department, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Biol Psychiatry 60:1111-20. 2006..Moreover, dopamine (DA) and norepinephrine (NE) are important modulators of PFC-dependent cognition. To date, the actions of low-dose psychostimulants on PFC DA and NE neurotransmission are unknown...
- Atomoxetine: a review of its use in adults with attention deficit hyperactivity disorderDene Simpson
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 64:205-22. 2004..This also means repeat prescriptions during long-term treatment can be more conveniently processed...
- Tic exacerbation and precipitation during atomoxetine treatment in two children with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorderHumberto C Párraga
Fourth Street Clinic, Springfield, Illinois 62703, USA
Int J Psychiatry Med 37:415-24. 2007..Independent controlled studies are needed to determine if atomoxetine should be used in children with ADHD and comorbid tic disorders or TS...
- Determinants of initial pharmacological treatment for youths with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderChih Ying Chen
Department of Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0496, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 19:187-95. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate determinants of initial psychotropic treatment for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Norepinephrine involvement in antidepressant actionA Frazer
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio and South Texas Veterans Health Care System, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 61:25-30. 2000..Finally, it is speculated how drugs that enhance central noradrenergic transmission might ameliorate the symptoms of depression...
- Evaluation of patients' and parents' quality of life in a randomized placebo-controlled atomoxetine study in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderRodrigo Escobar
EU Medical, Lilly Research Laboratories, Alcobendas, Spain
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 19:253-63. 2009..The aim of this study was to demonstrate the superior efficacy of atomoxetine with respect to placebo and to compare parent and child perceptions of health-related quality of life (HRQoL)...
- Clinical outcomes from an open-label study of edivoxetine use in pediatric patients with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderLing Jin
Lilly Research Laboratory, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 23:200-7. 2013..The purpose of this study was to assess the clinical outcomes from an open label study of edivoxetine, a selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, in pediatric patients with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Evaluation of the reinforcing effects of monoamine reuptake inhibitors under a concurrent schedule of food and i.v. drug delivery in rhesus monkeysMaciej Gasior
McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 30:758-64. 2005..The absence of reinforcing effects of atomoxetine support the view that, like desipramine, it has no evident abuse potential...
- Atomoxetine hydrochloride in the treatment of children and adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and comorbid oppositional defiant disorder: A placebo-controlled Italian studyGrazia Dell'Agnello
Medical Department, Eli Lilly Italia, Italy
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 19:822-34. 2009....
- Hemodynamic effects of acute administration of atomoxetine and methylphenidateRonan P Kelly
Lilly NUS Centre for Clinical Pharmacology, Level 6 Clinical Research Centre MD11, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Clin Pharmacol 45:851-5. 2005
- Serotonin and norepinephrine involvement in efferent pathways to the urethral rhabdosphincter: implications for treating stress urinary incontinenceKarl B Thor
Dynogen Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Durham, North Carolina 27709, USA
Urology 62:3-9. 2003..Early trials have demonstrated that duloxetine significantly reduces incontinence episodes and is well tolerated in the clinical setting...
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of edivoxetine (LY2216684), a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, in pediatric patients with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderWilliam Kielbasa
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 22:269-76. 2012..The pharmacokinetics (PK) and pharmacodynamics (PD) of edivoxetine were assessed in children and adolescent patients with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) following single and once-daily oral doses of edivoxetine...
- Similar effects of the selective noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor atomoxetine on three distinct forms of impulsivity in the ratEmma S J Robinson
Department of Experimental Psychology, Behavioural and Clinical Neurosciences Institute, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Neuropsychopharmacology 33:1028-37. 2008....
- Adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder treatment and cardiovascular implicationsPaul G Hammerness
Clinical and Research Program in Pediatric Psychopharmacology and Adult ADHD, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard University Medical School, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 13:357-63. 2011..Further research is indicated to delineate clinical and functional outcomes for adults with ADHD, as well as long-term safety of medication treatment...
- Comparison of the effects of serotonin selective, norepinephrine selective, and dual serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors on lower urinary tract function in catsMary A Katofiasc
Division of Neuroscience Research, Eli Lilly and Co, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Life Sci 71:1227-36. 2002....
- A randomized, double-blind study comparing LY2216684 and placebo in the treatment of major depressive disorderBeth Pangallo
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
J Psychiatr Res 45:748-55. 2011..01) from baseline in systolic (3 mm Hg) and diastolic (4 mm Hg) blood pressure and pulse (10 bpm) compared with placebo. LY2216684 6-18 mg demonstrated significant efficacy and was tolerated in the treatment of MDD...
- Pharmacotherapy for child and adolescent attention-deficit hyperactivity disorderGabriel Kaplan
Department of Psychiatry, Hoboken University Medical Center, Hoboken, NJ 07030, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 58:99-120, xi. 2011..In addition, it addresses treatment selection, guidelines for monitoring treatment, and recent controversies in the field...
- A study of the effects of LY2216684, a selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, in the treatment of major depressionSanjay Dube
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
J Psychiatr Res 44:356-63. 2010..The results of this initial investigation of LY2216684's efficacy suggest that it may have antidepressant potential. More definitive data to confirm this is necessary. Its safety profile does not preclude further clinical development...
- Cardiovascular safety of ADHD medications: rationale for and design of an investigator-initiated observational studySean Hennessy
Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, and Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 19:934-41. 2010....
- Inhibition of the norepinephrine transporter improves behavioral flexibility in rats and monkeysEmanuele Seu
Department of Psychology, University of California Los Angeles, P O Box 951563, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 202:505-19. 2009....
- Atomoxetine treatment of adults with ADHD and comorbid alcohol use disordersTimothy E Wilens
Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, YAW 6900, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 96:145-54. 2008..The study aim was to determine if atomoxetine was superior to placebo in improving ADHD and alcohol use in recently abstinent adults with ADHD and comorbid alcohol use disorder...
- A haplotype of the norepinephrine transporter (Net) gene Slc6a2 is associated with clinical response to atomoxetine in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)Nicolas Ramoz
INSERM U675, IFR02, Faculty Xavier Bichat, University of Paris, Paris, France
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:2135-42. 2009....
- Clinical assessment and treatment of ADHD in childrenL C Smoot
Auburn University, Auburn, AL, USA
Int J Clin Pract 61:1730-8. 2007..Newer, long-acting medications are providing expanded options for children and their caregivers. Failure to assess and treat can lead to serious long-term effects later in life...
- A comparison of the efficacy of medications for adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder using meta-analysis of effect sizesStephen V Faraone
Department of Psychiatry, SUNY Upstate Medical University, 750 East Adams St, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 71:754-63. 2010....
- Spotlight on atomoxetine in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in children and adolescentsKarly P Garnock-Jones
Adis, a Wolters Kluwer Business, Mairangi Bay, North Shore, Auckland, New Zealand
CNS Drugs 24:85-8. 2010..Thus, atomoxetine is a useful option in the treatment of ADHD in children and adolescents...
- Efficacy of reboxetine in the treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in boys with intolerance to methylphenidate: an open-label, 8-week, methylphenidate-controlled trialIris Cohen-Yavin
Beer Yaakov Ness Ziona Mental Health Center, Ness Ziona, Beer Yaakov, Israel
Clin Neuropharmacol 32:179-82. 2009....
- Mortality associated with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) drug treatment: a retrospective cohort study of children, adolescents and young adults using the general practice research databaseSuzanne McCarthy
Centre for Paediatric Pharmacy Research, The School of Pharmacy, University of London and the Institute of Child Health, University College London, London, UK
Drug Saf 32:1089-96. 2009....
- Atomoxetine in children and adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a 6-week, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial in RussiaFerenc Martenyi
Lilly Corporate Center, Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 19:57-66. 2010..Atomoxetine treatment may be associated with a numerically higher incidence of anorexia, somnolence, abdominal pain and nausea, as well as statistically greater losses in body weight...
- CYP2D6 and clinical response to atomoxetine in children and adolescents with ADHDDavid Michelson
Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:242-51. 2007..Variations in plasma atomoxetine exposures can occur because of genetic variation or as a consequence of coadministration with drugs that inhibit CYP2D6...
- Atomoxetine treatment in adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderLinda A Wietecha
Lilly USA, LLC, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 19:719-30. 2009..This study compared two atomoxetine titration dosing schedules and two atomoxetine maintenance doses for treating adolescent attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) inattention and hyperactivity/impulsivity...
- The effect of pharmacotherapy for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder on risk of seizures in pediatric patients as assessed in an insurance claims databaseAndrew T McAfee
1i3 Drug Safety, Waltham, Massachusetts, USA
Curr Drug Saf 3:123-31. 2008..To estimate the rate of new-onset seizure in ADHD patients in relation to ADHD pharmacotherapy...
- Atomoxetine for weight reduction in obese women: a preliminary randomised controlled trialK M Gadde
Obesity Clinical Trials Programme, Duke University Medical Centre, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 30:1138-42. 2006..With the understanding that noradrenergic agents could be useful in assisting obese individuals to lose weight, we conducted this preliminary study to evaluate short-term efficacy and safety of atomoxetine in obese adults...
- Human pharmacology of MDMA: pharmacokinetics, metabolism, and dispositionRafael de la Torre
Unitat de Recerca en Farmacologia, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Barcelona, Spain
Ther Drug Monit 26:137-44. 2004..One of the interesting features of MDMA metabolism is its potential involvement in the development of mid- to long-term neurotoxic effects as a result of progressive neurodegeneration of the serotonergic neurotransmission system...
- Effects of catecholamine uptake blockers in the caudate-putamen and subregions of the medial prefrontal cortex of the ratM S Mazei
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Brain Res 936:58-67. 2002....
- Effects of long-term atomoxetine treatment for young children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderChristopher J Kratochvil
University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5581, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:919-27. 2006....
- Catecholamine influences on prefrontal cortical function: relevance to treatment of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder and related disordersAmy F T Arnsten
Department of Neurobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 99:211-6. 2011..Stronger PFC regulation of attention, behavior, and emotion likely contributes to the therapeutic effects of these medications for the treatment of ADHD...
- Dimensional analysis of ADHD subtypes in ratsCandice Blondeau
Hôpital Charles Perrens, Laboratoire de Neuropsychobiologie des Desadaptations, Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2 CNRS UMR 554 1, Bordeaux, France
Biol Psychiatry 61:1340-50. 2007..The nature of the biological dysfunction sustaining each subtype (common or distinct) is unknown, and animal models encompassing different subtypes are needed...
- The reboxetine-induced increase of accumbal dopamine efflux is inhibited by l-propranolol: a microdialysis study with freely moving ratsNaoko Mizoguchi
Department of Dysphagia Rehabilitation, Nihon University School of Dentistry, 1 8 13, Kanda Surugadai, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 101 8310, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 601:94-8. 2008..It is suggested that the reboxetine-induced increase of the endogenous accumbal noradrenaline activates among others accumbal beta-adrenoceptors that, in turn, stimulate the accumbal release of dopamine...
- Prescribing patterns of antidepressants in Europe: results from the Factors Influencing Depression Endpoints Research (FINDER) studyMichael Bauer
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Technische Universitat Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, D 01307 Dresden, Germany
Eur Psychiatry 23:66-73. 2008..In conclusion, the prescribing of antidepressants varies by country, and the type of antidepressant chosen is influenced by physician- as well as patient-related factors...
- Evidence-based pharmacotherapy for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorderJoseph Biederman
Massachusetts General Hospital, ACC 725, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 7:77-97. 2004..Further, more research is needed on the efficacy of treatment for comorbid ADHD, use of combined medications, and the combination of medication and psychosocial treatment...
- Atomoxetine as an adjunct therapy in the treatment of co-morbid attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children and adolescents with bipolar I or II disorderKiki Chang
Pediatric Bipolar Disorders Program, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 19:547-51. 2009..We conducted an 8-week, open label study to study the efficacy and tolerability of adjunct atomoxetine in euthymic children and adolescents with BPD and ADHD...
- Atomoxetine in children with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder with prior stimulant therapy: a prospective open-label studyPaul Hammerness
Clinical and Research Program in Pediatric Psychopharmacology and Adult ADHD, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 18:493-8. 2009..In conclusion, atomoxetine was generally well tolerated; 85% of subjects completed the trial. Atomoxetine was effective and well tolerated in a 6-week open study of ADHD youth with a prior history of stimulant treatment...
- Reboxetine versus methylphenidate in treatment of children and adolescents with attention deficit-hyperactivity disorderFariba Arabgol
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Shaheed Beheshti Medical University, Tehran, Iran
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 18:53-9. 2009..This study has been conducted to evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of reboxetine in comparison with methylphenidate in treatment of children and adolescents with ADHD...
- Effects of atomoxetine and methylphenidate on sleep in children with ADHDR Bart Sangal
Clinical Neurophysiology Services, PC, Troy, MI, USA
Sleep 29:1573-85. 2006..This study also compared the efficacy of these medications for treating ADHD in these children...
- Efficacy and safety of atomoxetine for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children and adolescents-meta-analysis and meta-regression analysisJackie Y W Cheng
Department of Psychiatry, University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 194:197-209. 2007..The objective of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of atomoxetine in children and adolescents...
- Clinical evidence and potential neurobiological underpinnings of unresolved symptoms of depressionMadhukar H Trivedi
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, TX 75235, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:246-58. 2008..This article reviews research on the current understanding and management of residual symptoms, i.e., subthreshold depressive symptoms present after recovery from a major depressive episode...
- Abuse liability assessment of atomoxetine in a drug-abusing populationDonald R Jasinski
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Center for Chemical Dependence, 4940 Eastern Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 95:140-6. 2008..This study assessed the abuse potential of atomoxetine in stimulant-preferring drug abusers compared to methylphenidate and phentermine as positive controls and desipramine and placebo as negative controls...
- Acute suicidality after commencing atomoxetineGeorgia Armat Paxton
Department of General Paediatrics, Royal Children s Hospital, Flemington Road, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 44:596-8. 2008....
- Atomoxetine treatment for pediatric patients with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder with comorbid anxiety disorderDaniel Geller
Pediatric Psychopharmacology Research Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, 185 Alewife Brook Parkway, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:1119-27. 2007....
- Effects of atomoxetine on growth in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder following up to five years of treatmentThomas J Spencer
Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 17:689-700. 2007..To examine the effects on growth of long-term pharmacological treatment for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), we present findings from an ongoing 5-year study of the efficacy and safety of treatment with atomoxetine...
- Medications do not necessarily normalize cognition in ADHD patientsC Thomas Gualtieri
North Carolina Neuropsychiatry Clinics, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
J Atten Disord 11:459-69. 2008..Although ADHD medications are effective for the behavioral components of the disorder, little information exists concerning their effects on cognition, especially in community samples...
- Effects of atomoxetine and methylphenidate on attention and impulsivity in the 5-choice serial reaction time testRachel Navarra
Discovery Neuroscience, Wyeth Research, 500 Arcola Road, PA 19426 USA
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:34-41. 2008..Those data suggest that the 5CSRT test can be used to differentiate stimulant and non-stimulant pharmacotherapies on measures of impulsivity...
- Vesicular dopamine release elicits an inhibitory postsynaptic current in midbrain dopamine neuronsMichael J Beckstead
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Neuron 42:939-46. 2004....
- Comparison of the inhibitory and excitatory effects of ADHD medications methylphenidate and atomoxetine on motor cortexDonald L Gilbert
Division of Neurology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 31:442-9. 2006..Cortical inhibition, shown previously to be abnormal in ADHD, may play a key role producing behavioral pathology...
- Tetrabenazine treatment for Huntington's disease-associated choreaWilliam G Ondo
Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Neuropharmacol 25:300-2. 2002..TBZ was well tolerated and resulted in a significant improvement in modified AIMS scores in HD patients. These results support the use of TBZ for chorea in patients with HD...
- A modeled economic evaluation comparing atomoxetine with stimulant therapy in the treatment of children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in the United KingdomSuzi Cottrell
IMS Health, London, UK
Value Health 11:376-88. 2008..To estimate the cost-effectiveness of atomoxetine for children with attention-deficity/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in the United Kingdom compared with current alternatives...
- Meta-analysis of suicide-related behavior events in patients treated with atomoxetineMark E Bangs
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 47:209-18. 2008..The present work examined suicide-related events in acute, double-blind, and placebo- or active comparator-controlled trials with atomoxetine...
- Burden of phase-specific sexual dysfunction with SSRIsAnita Clayton
Department of Psychiatric Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
J Affect Disord 91:27-32. 2006..This study examines phase-specific sexual dysfunction among patients who are being treated for major depression and who do not meet criteria for global sexual dysfunction...
- Update on atomoxetine in the treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderBrigette Vaughan
Nebraska Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, Omaha, NE 68198, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 10:669-76. 2009..Since that time, the use of atomoxetine has spread globally and extensive additional research has been conducted evaluating its efficacy and safety...
- Dopamine vs noradrenaline: inverted-U effects and ADHD theoriesFlorence Levy
School of Psychiatry, University of New South Wales, Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick, New South Wales, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 43:101-8. 2009..Further studies utilizing delay-related firing paradigms should be useful in the investigation of attentional syndromes, and responses to newer pharmacological treatments...
- Acute atomoxetine effects on the EEG of children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderRobert J Barry
Brain and Behaviour Research Institute and School of Psychology, University of Wollongong, Wollongong 2522, Australia
Neuropharmacology 57:702-7. 2009....
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, tics and Tourette's syndrome: the relationship and treatment implications. A commentaryMary M Robertson
Dept of Mental Health Sciences, University College London, 2nd Floor, Wolfson Building, 48 Riding House Street, London W1W 7EY, UK
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 15:1-11. 2006..This commentary briefly discusses the comorbidity between TS and ADHD and offers treatment suggestions...
- Atomoxetine improves patient and family coping in attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in Swedish children and adolescentsPär Svanborg
Eli Lilly Sweden AB, Box 721, 169 27 Solna, Sweden
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 18:725-35. 2009....
- Venlafaxine treatment of fibromyalgiaKemal Sayar
Karadeniz Technical University School of Medicine, Farabi Hospital, Trabzon, Turkey
Ann Pharmacother 37:1561-5. 2003..Antidepressants have proved to be successful in alleviating symptoms of fibromyalgia. Medications that act on multiple neurotransmitters may be more effective in symptom management...
- Prospective, naturalistic, pilot study of open-label atomoxetine treatment in preschool children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderJaswinder K Ghuman
Department of Psychiatry, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724 5002, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 19:155-66. 2009..The aim of this study was to report preliminary data regarding effectiveness and tolerability of atomoxetine in 3- to 5-year-old preschool children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- InforMatrix for attention deficit hyperactivity disorderRobert Janknegt
Hospital Pharmacist, Clinical Pharmacologist Maasland Ziekenhuis, Postbus, Sittard, The Netherlands
Expert Opin Pharmacother 10:755-72. 2009..It enables the user to judge both the importance of the selection criteria and the properties of each therapeutic option per criterion on the basis of his or her own personal expertise and/or the present document...
- Post-mortem human brain autoradiography of the norepinephrine transporter using (S,S)-[18F]FMeNER-D2Magnus Schou
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Psychiatry Section, Karolinska Hospital, S 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 15:517-20. 2005..The NET-selectivity of binding was confirmed by co-incubation with desipramine. The dual NET/SERT inhibitor duloxetine also inhibited specific binding, whereas PE2I or citalopram had no evident effect...
- Development of tics in a thirteen-year-old male following atomoxetine useJessica Sears
Pediatric Neurology, Department of Child Health, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
CNS Spectr 13:301-3. 2008..We present a unique case of a patient, without any prior history of a movement disorder, who developed tics following a single dose of atomoxetine that did not improve until interventional therapy was initiated...
- Chronic treatment with desipramine improves cognitive performance of rats in an attentional set-shifting testM Danet S Lapiz
Department of Pharmacology and Center for Biomedical Neuroscience, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:1000-10. 2007....
- Atomoxetine and osmotically released methylphenidate for the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: acute comparison and differential responseJeffrey H Newcorn
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Box 1230, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:721-30. 2008....
- Diagnosis and management of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children, young people, and adults: summary of NICE guidanceTim Kendall
National Collaborating Centre for Mental Health, Research and Training Unit, London E1 8AA
BMJ 337:a1239. 2008
- Effects of duloxetine on painful physical symptoms associated with depressionDavid J Goldstein
Department of Psychitry adn the Department of Pharmacology adn toxicology, Indiana Unibersity School of Medicine, Indianapolis, USA
Psychosomatics 45:17-28. 2004..Compared with placebo, duloxetine was associated with significant reduction in pain severity. The authors concluded that duloxetine reduces the painful physical symptoms of depression...
- Effectiveness of atomoxetine and quality of life in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder as perceived by patients, parents, and physicians in an open-label studyPeter M Wehmeier
Medical Department, Lilly Deutschland GmbH, Saalburgstrasse 153, Bad Homburg, Germany
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 17:813-30. 2007..The degree of perceived difficulties was taken to reflect the health-related quality of life of patients in the study. A second objective was to assess the effectiveness of atomoxetine in children with ADHD in an open-label setting...
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of atomoxetineJohn Michael Sauer
Elan Pharmaceuticals, Inc, South San Francisco, California, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 44:571-90. 2005..In extensive metabolisers, potent and selective CYP2D6 inhibitors reduce atomoxetine clearance; however, administration of CYP inhibitors to poor metabolisers has no effect on the steady-state plasma concentrations of atomoxetine...
- Medication options when treating children and adolescents with ADHD: interpreting the NICE guidance 2006V A Harpin
Ryegate Childrens Centre, Sheffield Children s NHS Foundation Trust, Tapton Crescent Road, Sheffield S10 5DD, UK
Arch Dis Child Educ Pract Ed 93:58-65. 2008..This paper aims to interpret these guidelines by reviewing the medication options in light of relevant research and clinical practice. The properties of methylphenidate, dexamfetamine and atomoxetine are discussed...
- Enhancement of atomoxetine serum levels by co-administration of paroxetineMichael Paulzen
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 11:289-91. 2008
- LONG TERM DRUG ABUSE IN ADHDTimothy Wilens; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Substance Abuse in ADHD GirlsTimothy Wilens; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, the research, approach, and goals of this R01 application are consistent with those underscored in the PA and by the Institute of Medicine as being of the highest research priority. ..
- Juvenile Bipolar Disorder and Substance AbuseTimothy E Wilens; Fiscal Year: 2010..Since BPD is identifiable and treatable, findings from the four-year follow-up will provide valuable information to formulate prevention and early intervention strategies. ..
- Pharmacological Treatment of ADHD in Young ChildrenChristopher Kratochvil; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Predicting Response to Atomoxetine and MethlyphenidateJeffrey Newcorn; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Dopamine and ADHD: A Research Infrastructure NetworkJeffrey Newcorn; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, the post-doctoral students will be able to spend time in multiple laboratories, which will facilitate the transfer of key theoretical and technical expertise across sites. ..
- Dopamine Transporter Binding by PET in Adult ADHDThomas Spencer; Fiscal Year: 2007..qenetic risk factors, a) We hypothesize that DAT binding will be associated with the 480 allele of the 40-bp VNTR in the 3'-untranslated region of the dopamine transporter gene. ..
- S-Adenosyl Methionine(SAMe)Augmentation of SSRIs in MDDGeorge Papakostas; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is hoped that this project award will provide the critical fund of basic knowledge and practical experience necessary to aid the candidate in becoming an independent investigator in this area. ..
- CONTROLLED STUDY OF METHYLPHENIDATE IN ADULTS WITH ADHDThomas Spencer; Fiscal Year: 2002..The auditory and visual continuous performance tasks and the Stroop test will be used to further assess treatment efficacy. A larger neuropsychological battery will be used to assess the long term effects of MPH treatment. ..
- COGNITIVE LOSS WITH AGE--ROLE OF CORTICAL CATECHOLAMINESAmy Arnsten; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Norepinephrine and Nerve Growth Factor in Heart FailureChang Seng Liang; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our research will not only elucidate the mechanisms responsible for noradrenergic nerve ending dysfunction, but also provide a potentially useful new modality for the treatment of heart failure. ..
- Adult Outcome of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity DisorderJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2007..For these reasons, we expect the proposed work to clarify the course and outcome of ADHD. ..
- Use of Chronoamperometry to Measure Extracellular 5 HTAlan Frazer; Fiscal Year: 2005..These experiments involve multiple approaches to study an effect of specific antidepressant drugs that may be very important in sustaining the enhancement of monoaminergic transmission that underlies clinical improvement ..
- Estrogen, Stress and Dysfunction of Prefrontal CortexAmy Arnsten; Fiscal Year: 2005..This research will begin to reveal how estrogen amplifies the neurochemical cascades that lead to activation of CREB and dysfunction of the PFC during stress ..
- Collaborative Pediatric Bipolar Disorder ConferenceJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2007..While the proposed conference does not intend to solve all outstanding problems associated with pediatric bipolar disorder, it will provide a forum to begin formulating a solution. ..
- South Texas Graduate Diversification ProgramAlan Frazer; Fiscal Year: 2006..Talented URMs are available who are capable of having successful careers in mental health research. Our program is designed to recruit these students and demonstrate to them that the can be successful. ..
- Course of psychopathology in female youth: Analysis with extant longitudinal dataJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Design and Development of Pharmacotherapies for Treating Stimulant AbuseFrank Ivy Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2010..3) To continue on a limited basis our development of selected 3-phenyltropane analogs as second-generation pharmacotherapies to treat cocaine addiction. ..
- PREVENTION OF CIGARETTE SMOKING IN ADHD YOUTHJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2001..Since there are estimated to be 3.5 million children with ADHD and 20% have been shown to be smokers, targeting this group could potentially impact 700,000 children and adolescents. ..
- PROPHYLACTIC COGNITIVE THERAPY FOR DEPRESSIONMichael E Thase; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- NOVEL PHARMACOTHERAPIES FOR COCAINE DEPENDENCEFrank Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2001..An ideal candidate compound would not only have efficacy in the preclinical models but would be safe, orally active, and potent, would not show tolerance or sensitization, and if abusable, would be less so than cocaine. ..
- LONGITUDINAL FOLLOW UP OF ADHD GIRLS AND THEIR SIBLINGSJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- COCAINE: A STUDY OF THE BIOCHEMICAL MECHANISM OF ACTIONFrank Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- BETTER ANTIRETROVIRAL ADHERENCE: HIV+ AMPHETAMINE USERSJ Atkinson; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Behavioral Model of Contextual Attention in the MonkeyJ Jentsch; Fiscal Year: 2003..The development of such an approach to modeling contextual aspects of attention, in particular, in animals should be a major advance linking pre-clinical psychopharmacological studies and treatment-based research for schizophrenia. ..
- NOVEL PHARMACOTHERAPY FOR TREATMENT OF COCAINE ADDICTIONFrank Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Treatment with Exercise Augmentation for DepressionMadhukar Trivedi; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- REVAMP Follow-UpMadhukar Trivedi; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Computerized Decision Support System for DepressionMadhukar Trivedi; Fiscal Year: 2007..Comparisons will be made between CDSS-D, PPA-D, and UC-D. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HPA AXIS/DOPAMINE INTERACTIONS IN PSYCHOTIC DEPRESSIONAlan Schatzberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..Of particular importance is that the treatment may be effective even when given intermittently. ..
- Combining Antidepressants to Hasten Remission from DepressionPierre Blier; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- O2 Delivery and Functional Sympatholysis in Human MuscleBRADLEY WILKINS; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of these experiments will provide important new information about the interactions between neural and local factors controlling blood flow to exercising human skeletal muscle. ..
- PGP Regulation of Antipsychotic Exposure and EffectsC Devane; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of this research will provide support for translational studies in humans to refine treatment guidelines for the use of this class of medications in severely mentally ill patients. ..
- Stress and Marijuana Cue-Elicited Craving and ReactivityAimee McRae; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Progestrone and the Effects of NicotineMehmet Sofuoglu; Fiscal Year: 2006..By characterizing the progesterone effects on nicotine dependence, this study may provide a better understanding of the mechanisms which mediate the sex and menstrual cycle phase effects on nicotine dependence. ..
- Mouse models for GABA epigenetic dysfunctionAlessandro Guidotti; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- BAEP SCREENING OF NEONATESMICHAEL CHURCH; Fiscal Year: 2001..This proposal will address these issues as well. Potentially confounding variables will be gathered and their influence assessed and statistically controlled. Appropriate clinical interventions for mother and infant will be made. ..
- MITOCHONDRIAL DNA ANALYSIS IN CYCLIC VOMITING SYNDROMERichard Boles; Fiscal Year: 2002..An extensive amount of clinical and laboratory data will be collected in all patients, allowing for the comparison of CVS sufferers with and without mtDNA mutations. ..
- BUPROPION AS AN ADJUNCT TO THE NICOTINE PATCH PLUS CBTMaurizio Fava; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- POPULATION-BASED MANAGEMENT OF DEPRESSIONGregory Simon; Fiscal Year: 2003..e. 12-18 mos) Incremental cost and cost-effectiveness of each intervention program compared to care as usual. ..
- MOLECULAR NEUROBIOLOGY OF DEPRESSIONRichard Shelton; Fiscal Year: 2003..Develop further expertise in basic molecular biological methods; 2. Develop new projects oriented to future funding opportunities; and 3. Continue to mentor the next generation of investigators. ..
- Neuroimaging of Children at Risk for Biopolar DisorderKiki Chang; Fiscal Year: 2006..Chang plans to become an independent investigator in the field of pediatric BD and thus contributing to the current knowledge of the neurobiology and development of BD. ..
- NEUROSCIENCE TRAINING IN DRUG ABUSEDONALD KUHN; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Eighth Nerve Stimulation for the Treatment of ADHDL Arnold; Fiscal Year: 2003..We hypothesize that CMA stimulation will show a larger effect than simple rotary stimulation, significant compared to sham control. Sufficient sample size is assured by the Ohio State University's recruitment record. ..
- Benzodiazepine Receptor in PTSDJAMES BREMNER; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PKC SIGNALING AND THE TREATMENT OF BIPOLAR DISORDERDONALD KUHN; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Radiotracer R and D in Nuclear Medicine and NeuroscienceYu Shin Ding; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Study of Antidepressants in Parkinson's Disease (SAD PD)IRENE RICHARD; Fiscal Year: 2008..The trial will clarify many important questions regarding the treatment of depression in patients with PD. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- AMPHETAMINE, INSULIN AND THE DA TRANSPORTER IN VIVOLynette Daws; Fiscal Year: 2005..In turn, these studies may help to illuminate the neural mechanisms underlying the high co-morbidity of eating disorders and drug abuse. ..
- MODEL OF HYPERCORTISOLISM FOR MAJOR DEPRESSIONAlan F Schatzberg; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ALCOHOL AND MESOLIMBIC DOPAMINE PATHWAYQINGSHAN YAN; Fiscal Year: 2002..This will elucidate the relative contribution of 5-HT2 receptors to the regulation of ethanol-induced DA release and help to explain the effects of 5-HT2 antagonists on alcohol consumption reported in the literature. ..
- Comorbid Substance Abuse and Long-Term Health Outcomes in SchizophreniaDEANNA KELLY; Fiscal Year: 2008..This will be an important step for improving the lives of people with schizophrenia. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 12th Biennial Meeting of the American Motility SocietyJiande Chen; Fiscal Year: 2002..Other factors such as financial hardship and minority issues will also be considered. We plan to issue 15 Young Investigator Awards and 10 Travel Awards. ..
- Dual Pulse Electrical Stimulation for GastroparesisJiande Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..A number of innovative ideas are incorporated into the proposed method to tackle abnormalities related to gastroparesis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Wavelets, fractals and fMRI of brain adaptivityEdward Bullmore; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will also test hypotheses concerning the main effect of aging and the interactive effect of drugs and age on brain adaptivity. ..
- Signal Transduction in DepressionRichard Shelton; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies may shed light on important cellular mediators of depression and provide new targets for amelioration. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Controlled Study of SAMe vs.Escitalopram in Major Depressive DisorderMaurizio Fava; Fiscal Year: 2008..Secondary aims are to assess the acute effects of SAMe or escitalopram vs. placebo on remission rates, quality of life, and psychosocial functioning. ..
- Pharmacotherapy for opioid and cocaine dependenceBruce Rounsaville; Fiscal Year: 2005..4. To examine depression as a predictor of response. 5. To examine three month follow-up status after completing the treatment trial for continuation in treatment, abstinence from illicit drugs, and depressive symptoms. ..
- BASAL GANGLIA CIRCUITRY IMMEDIATE EARLY GENE EXPRESSIONDavid Wirtshafter; Fiscal Year: 2003..Other studies will examine the effects of lesions within the basal ganglia on the IEG expression induced by systemic administration of dopaminergic drugs. ..
- Neurogastric electrical stimulation for treating chemotherapy-induced emesisJiande Chen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Preliminary data supports this novel concept and experiments are designed to test the feasibility of the proposed method. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Efficacy of Acupuncture with PT for Knee Osteo-ArthritisJohn Farrar; Fiscal Year: 2005..However, if the results are negative, then the addition of acupuncture to EPT should be generally curtailed. ..
- MICROARRAY ANALYSIS OF HUMAN COCAINE ADDICTSDONALD KUHN; Fiscal Year: 2002..Microarray-based scanning of the human genome has the potential to establish those genes or gene clusters that define the addictive phenotype, leading the way to proteomic-based studies of the bases of addiction. ..
- SYNOVIOCYTE RHO-TYPE GTPASES IN CARTILAGE DESTRUCTIONLeslie Crofford; Fiscal Year: 2002..Ultimately, we will determine the effects of the Rho-type GTPases on synoviocyte adherence to and migration over articular cartilage, production of MMPs, and destruction of the cartilage matrix. ..
- Pimozide Augmentation of Clozapine in SchizophreniaJoseph Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study will provide sorely needed controlled data on the efficacy and safety of a clozapine combination treatment strategy involving adjunctive antipsychotic agents. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- JUVENILE ONSET OCD AS A MEANINGFUL DEVELOPMENT SUBTYPEDaniel Geller; Fiscal Year: 2003..The clinical, scientific, and public health relevance of confirming or refuting these hypotheses is discussed. ..
- Computerized Assessment of Cancer SymptomsJANET CARPENTER; Fiscal Year: 2005....