Genomes and Genes
Summary: An antibacterial agent that is a semisynthetic analog of LINCOMYCIN.
Publications295 found, 100 shown here
- Profound alterations of intestinal microbiota following a single dose of clindamycin results in sustained susceptibility to Clostridium difficile-induced colitisCharlie G Buffie
Infectious Diseases Service, Department of Medicine, Lucille Castori Center for Microbes, Inflammation and Cancer, Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Infect Immun 80:62-73. 2012..b>Clindamycin predisposes patients to C. difficile colitis...
- A new mechanism for chloramphenicol, florfenicol and clindamycin resistance: methylation of 23S ribosomal RNA at A2503Corinna Kehrenberg
Institut für Tierzucht, Bundesforschungsanstalt für Landwirtschaft, Höltystrasse 10, 31535 Neustadt Mariensee, Germany
Mol Microbiol 57:1064-73. 2005The gene product of cfr from Staphylococcus sciuri confers resistance to chloramphenicol, florfenicol and clindamycin in Staphylococcus spp. and Escherichia coli...
- Comparison of the efficacy of ramoplanin and vancomycin in both in vitro and in vivo models of clindamycin-induced Clostridium difficile infectionJane Freeman
Department of Microbiology, University of Leeds and The General Infirmary, Old Medical School, Leeds, LS1 3EX, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 56:717-25. 2005..We compared vancomycin and a novel glycolipodepsipeptide, ramoplanin, in both hamster and in vitro gut models of clindamycin-induced CDI.
- Genome scanning of Amazonian Plasmodium falciparum shows subtelomeric instability and clindamycin-resistant parasitesNeekesh V Dharia
Department of Cell Biology, ICND 202, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Genome Res 20:1534-44. 2010..isolates we discovered point mutations in the apicoplast genome that are close to known mutations that confer clindamycin resistance in other species, but which were hitherto unknown in malaria parasites...
- Efficacy of oral metronidazole with vaginal clindamycin or vaginal probiotic for bacterial vaginosis: randomised placebo-controlled double-blind trialCatriona S Bradshaw
Melbourne School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
PLoS ONE 7:e34540. 2012To determine if oral metronidazole (MTZ-400 mg bid) with 2% vaginal clindamycin-cream (Clind) or a Lactobacillus acidophilus vaginal-probiotic containing oestriol (Prob) reduces 6-month bacterial vaginosis (BV) recurrence.
- Clindamycin plus quinine for treating uncomplicated falciparum malaria: a systematic review and meta-analysisCharles O Obonyo
Centre for Global Health Research, Kenya Medical Research Institute, Kisumu, Kenya
Malar J 11:2. 2012..b>Clindamycin plus quinine is an alternative non-artemisinin-based combination recommended by World Health Organization...
- Activities of clindamycin, daptomycin, doxycycline, linezolid, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, and vancomycin against community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus with inducible clindamycin resistance in murine thigh infection and in viKerry L LaPlante
Anti Infective Research Laboratory, Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:2156-62. 2008..Staphylococcus aureus (CA-MRSA) and about the ability of these strains to develop inducible resistance to clindamycin during therapy...
- Randomized trial of intravitreal clindamycin and dexamethasone versus pyrimethamine, sulfadiazine, and prednisolone in treatment of ocular toxoplasmosisMasoud Soheilian
Department of Ophthalmology and Ophthalmic Research Center, Labbafinejad Medical Center, Shahid Beheshti Medical University, Tehran, Iran
Ophthalmology 118:134-41. 2011To compare the efficacy of intravitreal injection of clindamycin and dexamethasone with classic treatment for ocular toxoplasmosis.
- Extended antimicrobial treatment of bacterial vaginosis combined with human lactobacilli to find the best treatment and minimize the risk of relapsesPer Goran Larsson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Kärnsjukhuset, Skaraborg hospital and University of Skövde, Sweden
BMC Infect Dis 11:223. 2011....
- Randomized controlled trial of fosmidomycin-clindamycin versus sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine in the treatment of Plasmodium falciparum malariaSunny Oyakhirome
Institute for Tropical Medicine, Department for Parasitology, University of Tubingen, Wilhelmstrasse 27, Tubingen, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:1869-71. 2007Fosmidomycin-clindamycin therapy given every 12 h for 3 days was compared with a standard single oral dose of sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine...
- Clindamycin-induced enrichment and long-term persistence of resistant Bacteroides spp. and resistance genesSonja Lofmark
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Karolinska Institute, SE 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
J Antimicrob Chemother 58:1160-7. 2006The aim was to study the long-term consequences of 1 week clindamycin administration regarding selection and persistence of resistance, resistance determinants and diversity of the Bacteroides spp. in the intestinal microflora.
- Artesunate-clindamycin versus quinine-clindamycin in the treatment of Plasmodium falciparum malaria: a randomized controlled trialMichael Ramharter
Albert Schweitzer Hospital, Lambarene, Gabon, Germany
Clin Infect Dis 40:1777-84. 2005..We tested the potential value of artemisinin-based combination therapy with a short elimination half-life for the treatment of uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria in sub-Saharan Africa...
- Antimicrobial resistance associated with the treatment of bacterial vaginosisRichard H Beigi
MetroHealth Medical Center and Dept of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Case Western Reserve University, 2500 MetroHealth Drive, Cleveland, OH 44109 1998, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:1124-9. 2004..This study was undertaken to evaluate antimicrobial susceptibility of vaginal anaerobic bacteria before and after treatment of bacterial vaginosis...
- Isolation of antibiotic resistance mutations in the rRNA by using an in vitro selection systemLuisa Cochella
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:3786-91. 2004..This mutant was highly resistant to clindamycin in in vitro translation reactions and yet was not viable in Escherichia coli...
- Comparison of oritavancin versus vancomycin as treatments for clindamycin-induced Clostridium difficile PCR ribotype 027 infection in a human gut modelSimon D Baines
Department of Microbiology, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 62:1078-85. 2008..To compare the efficacy of oritavancin and vancomycin in the treatment of Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) using an in vitro human gut model...
- Prevention of fatal Clostridium difficile-associated disease during continuous administration of clindamycin in hamstersMichelle M Merrigan
Infectious Disease Section, Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Chicago Health Care System, Lakeside Division, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Infect Dis 188:1922-7. 2003..difficile after administration of clindamycin (Cm). To prevent CDAD during treatment with antibiotics, we gave a Cm-resistant nontoxigenic C...
- Epidemics of diarrhea caused by a clindamycin-resistant strain of Clostridium difficile in four hospitalsS Johnson
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Chicago Health Care System, Lakeside Division, and Northwestern University Medical School, IL 60611, USA
N Engl J Med 341:1645-51. 1999..Since frequent use of clindamycin was associated with the outbreak in one of the hospitals, we examined the resistance genes of the epidemic-..
- Clindamycin, cephalosporins, fluoroquinolones, and Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea: this is an antimicrobial resistance problemDale N Gerding
Clin Infect Dis 38:646-8. 2004
- Trans-cinnamaldehyde from Cinnamomum zeylanicum bark essential oil reduces the clindamycin resistance of Clostridium difficile in vitroA R Shahverdi
Dept of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Center, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tehran Univ of Medical Sciences, 14174 Tehran, Iran
J Food Sci 72:S055-8. 2007Therapy with antimicrobial drugs, such as clindamycin, that perturb the intestinal flora but fail to inhibit growth of other microorganisms can permit the proliferation of Clostridium difficile and the elaboration of exotoxin...
- Clindamycin-resistance in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolated from animalsM Rich
Microbiology Department, IDEXX Laboratories, Sandbeck Way, Wetherby, West Yorkshire LS22 7DN, UK
Vet Microbiol 111:237-40. 2005b>Clindamycin is widely used in veterinary medicine to treat a variety of bacterial infections. Resistance to clindamycin amongst staphylococci may be due to modification of the ribosomal target site...
- Prolongation of rapacuronium neuromuscular blockade by clindamycin and magnesiumPaul A Sloan
University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
Anesth Analg 94:123-4, table of contents. 2002..report a prolonged neuromuscular block with the nondepolarizing muscle relaxant rapacuronium in the presence of clindamycin. Even when using "short-acting" muscle relaxants, the anesthesiologist must routinely monitor the neuromuscular ..
- Multidrug-resistant clones of community-associated meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolated from Chinese children and the resistance genes to clindamycin and mupirocinLijuan Wang
Key Laboratory of Major Disease in Children and National Key Discipline of Pediatrics, Ministry of Education, Beijing Pediatric Research Institute, Beijing Children s Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, PR China
J Med Microbiol 61:1240-7. 2012..CA) meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) to identify the genes responsible for clindamycin and mupirocin resistance in S. aureus isolates from paediatric hospitals in mainland China. A total of 435 S...
- High rates of erythromycin and clindamycin resistance among OBGYN isolates of group B StreptococcusLinda P DiPersio
Falor Division of Surgical Research, Summa Health System, Akron, OH 44304, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 54:79-82. 2006..period from vaginal/rectal specimens demonstrated a very high resistance rate for both erythromycin (54%) and clindamycin (33%). Methylase genes erm(B) and erm(TR) and efflux genes mef(E) and mef(A) were detected...
- Treatment of abnormal vaginal flora in early pregnancy with clindamycin for the prevention of spontaneous preterm birth: a systematic review and metaanalysisRonald F Lamont
Perinatology Research Branch, NICHD, NIH, DHHS, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 205:177-90. 2011The purpose of this study was to determine whether the administration of clindamycin to women with abnormal vaginal flora at <22 weeks of gestation reduces the risk of preterm birth and late miscarriage...
- Comparative efficacies of amoxicillin, clindamycin, and moxifloxacin in prevention of bacteremia following dental extractionsP Diz Dios
Department of Special Needs, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Santiago de Compostela University, Santiago de Compostela 15872, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:2996-3002. 2006We evaluated the efficacies of oral prophylactic treatment with amoxicillin (AMX), clindamycin (CLI), and moxifloxacin (MXF) in the prevention of bacteremia following dental extractions (BDE)...
- Detection of Treponema pallidum subsp. pallidum from skin lesions, serum, and cerebrospinal fluid in an infant with congenital syphilis after clindamycin treatment of the mother during pregnancyVladana Woznicová
Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Pekarska 53, 656 91 Brno, Czech Republic
J Clin Microbiol 45:659-61. 2007We report here a case of congenital syphilis in a newborn after clindamycin treatment in pregnancy...
- Macrolides and clindamycin suppress the release of Shiga-like toxins from Escherichia coli O157:H7 in vitroJ Murakami
The Second Department of Internal Medicine, Oita Medical University, 1 1, Hasama, 879 5593, Oita, Japan
Int J Antimicrob Agents 15:103-9. 2000..agents fosfomycin (FOS), cefdinir (CDIN), levofloxacin (LEVX), rokitamycin (ROK), roxithromycin (ROX), and clindamycin (CLI) on the release of Shiga-like toxins (SLTs) by enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli (EHEC)...
- Delayed parasite elimination in human infections treated with clindamycin parallels 'delayed death' of Plasmodium falciparum in vitroDominik Burkhardt
Department of Parasitology, Institute of Tropical Medicine, University of Tubingen, Germany
Int J Parasitol 37:777-85. 2007b>Clindamycin is safe and effective for the treatment of Plasmodium falciparum malaria, but its use as monotherapy is limited by unacceptably slow initial clinical response rates...
- Clindamycin as an antimalarial drug: review of clinical trialsBertrand Lell
Medical Research Unit, Albert Schweitzer Hospital, Lambarene, Gabon
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:2315-20. 2002
- Inducible clindamycin resistance among clinical isolates of StaphylococciA M Ciraj
Department of Microbiology, Melaka Manipal Medical College, Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka 576 104, India
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 52:49-51. 2009Clinical failure of clindamycin therapy has been reported due to multiple mechanisms that confer resistance to macrolide, lincosamide and streptogramin antibiotics...
- Intravaginal clindamycin to reduce preterm birth in women with abnormal genital tract floraRonald F Lamont
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Northwick Park and St Mark s Hospital, Watford Road, Harrow, Middlesex, London HA1 3UJ, United Kingdom
Obstet Gynecol 101:516-22. 2003To assess the ability of clindamycin vaginal cream to reduce the incidence of preterm birth in women with abnormal genital tract flora in the second trimester of pregnancy.
- Inducible clindamycin resistance in Staphylococcus aureus isolated from clinical samplesV Deotale
Department of Microbiology, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram Dist Wardha, M S 442 102, India
Indian J Med Microbiol 28:124-6. 2010b>Clindamycin is commonly used in the treatment of erythromycin resistant Staphylococcus aureus causing skin and soft tissue infections...
- Comparison of the efficacy and safety of a combination topical gel formulation of benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin with benzoyl peroxide, clindamycin and vehicle gel in the treatments of acne vulgarisJ J Leyden
Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Clin Dermatol 2:33-9. 2001BACKGROUND: Topical clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide have each demonstrated clinical efficacy in the treatment of acne vulgaris...
- Meta-analysis comparing efficacy of benzoyl peroxide, clindamycin, benzoyl peroxide with salicylic acid, and combination benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin in acneElizabeth M Seidler
Clinical Unit for Research Trials in Skin, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 63:52-62. 2010Comparative efficacy of the multiple treatments containing benzoyl peroxide (BPO) and clindamycin (CL) is not established.
- Human lactobacilli as supplementation of clindamycin to patients with bacterial vaginosis reduce the recurrence rate; a 6-month, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled studyPer Goran Larsson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Karnsjukhuset, SE 541 85 Skövde, Sweden
BMC Womens Health 8:3. 2008..was to investigate if supplementary lactobacilli treatment could improve the initial cure rate after vaginal clindamycin therapy, and secondly, if lactobacilli as repeated adjunct treatment during 3 menstrual cycles could lengthen ..
- Subinhibitory clindamycin differentially inhibits transcription of exoprotein genes in Staphylococcus aureusS Herbert
Program in Molecular Pathogenesis, Skirball Institute, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Infect Immun 69:2996-3003. 2001..In this report, we show that subinhibitory clindamycin (SBCL) eliminates production of nearly all exoproteins by Staphylococcus aureus but has virtually no effect on ..
- An rRNA mutation identifies the apicoplast as the target for clindamycin in Toxoplasma gondiiManel Camps
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5124, USA
Mol Microbiol 43:1309-18. 2002Toxoplasma gondii is a protozoan sensitive to several inhibitors of prokaryotic translation (e.g. clindamycin, macrolides and tetracyclines)...
- Diversity of ribosomal mutations conferring resistance to macrolides, clindamycin, streptogramin, and telithromycin in Streptococcus pneumoniaeAnnie Canu
UFR des Sciences Pharmaceutiques, Caen, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:125-31. 2002..In six remaining mutants, no mutations in L22, L4, or 23S rRNA could be detected...
- Calcium and neostigmine antagonize gentamicin, but augment clindamycin-induced tetanic fade in rat phrenic nerve-hemidiaphragm preparationsSoo Il Lee
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Dong A University Medical Center and Medicine College, 1, 3 Ka, Dongdaeshin Dong, Seo Gu, Busan, 602 715, Korea
J Anesth 22:385-90. 2008..and calcium may enhance the use-dependent ion channel block of the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor caused by clindamycin. The purpose of this study was to determine whether calcium and neostigmine antagonize the neuromuscular ..
- In vitro and in vivo synergy of fosmidomycin, a novel antimalarial drug, with clindamycinJochen Wiesner
Institute of Biochemistry, Academic Hospital Centre, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:2889-94. 2002..Synergy was observed between fosmidomycin and the lincosamides, lincomycin and clindamycin. The efficacy of a combination of fosmidomycin and clindamycin was subsequently demonstrated in the Plasmodium ..
- Effect of sub-MIC concentrations of metronidazole, vancomycin, clindamycin and linezolid on toxin gene transcription and production in Clostridium difficileMichael Gerber
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases, University of Leipzig, Liebigstrasse 24, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
J Med Microbiol 57:776-83. 2008..difficile-associated diarrhoea (CDAD). The impact of metronidazole (MTR), vancomycin (VAN), clindamycin (CLI) and linezolid (LZD) on growth, toxin gene transcription and toxin production in C...
- In vitro activity of nifuratel on vaginal bacteria: could it be a good candidate for the treatment of bacterial vaginosis?Giuseppe Togni
Unilabs SA, Laboratoire Central de Suisse Romande, Ch des Perrières 2, C P 100, CH 1296 Coppet, Switzerland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:2490-2. 2011..vaginae, and lactobacilli was compared with that of the two currently used antibiotics metronidazole and clindamycin. Results suggest that nifuratel has a better spectrum of activity, being highly active against G...
- Lincomycin, clindamycin and their applicationsJ Spizek
Institute of Microbiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, 142 20 Prague, Czech Republic
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 64:455-64. 2004Lincomycin and clindamycin are lincosamide antibiotics used in clinical practice. Both antibiotics are bacteriostatic and inhibit protein synthesis in sensitive bacteria...
- In-vitro activities of tetracyclines, macrolides, fluoroquinolones and clindamycin against Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma ssp. isolated in Germany over 20 yearsR Krausse
Institute for Infection Medicine, University Medical Center Schleswig Holstein, Christian Albrecht University of Kiel, Germany
Clin Microbiol Infect 16:1649-55. 2010..Erythromycin had the lowest activity (MIC₉₀ of 8 mg/L) against ureaplasmas like clindamycin which was the most potent agent against M. hominis...
- Clindamycin phosphate scavenges hydroxyl radicalEmiko Sato
New Industry Creation Hatchery Center, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Int J Dermatol 46:1185-7. 2007b>Clindamycin phosphate (CLDMP) is effective against Gram-positive and anaerobic bacteria, and is known to have anti-inflammatory properties.
- In vitro activity and interaction of clindamycin combined with dihydroartemisinin against Plasmodium falciparumM Ramharter
Department of Parasitology, Institute for Tropical Medicine, University of Tuebingen, Germany ramhartergmx at
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:3494-9. 2003..This study was conducted to evaluate the antimalarial potential of clindamycin in combination with dihydroartemisinin in continuously cultured and in freshly isolated Plasmodium falciparum ..
- Detection and prevalence of inducible clindamycin resistance in staphylococciGurdal Yilmaz
Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, Karadeniz Technical University School of Medicine, 61080 Trabzon, Turkey
J Med Microbiol 56:342-5. 2007..The resistance to antimicrobial agents among staphylococci is an increasing problem. Clindamycin (CL) is considered to be one of the alternative agents in these infections...
- Incidence of constitutive and inducible clindamycin resistance in Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase-negative staphylococci in a community and a tertiary care hospitalPaul C Schreckenberger
University of Illinois Medical Center at Chicago, Rm 238 CSB, M C 750, 840 S Wood St, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Clin Microbiol 42:2777-9. 2004The incidences of inducible clindamycin resistance at two hospitals (an inner-city hospital and a suburban community hospital) were 7 and 12% for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, 20 and 19% for methicillin-susceptible S...
- Combination therapy with clindamycin and rifampicin for hidradenitis suppurativa: a series of 116 consecutive patientsG Gener
Service de Dermatologie, Groupe Henri Mondor Albert Chenevier, AP HP, Creteil, France
Dermatology 219:148-54. 2009..Antibiotics are frequently used to treat hidradenitis suppurativa (HS); however, few data on their efficacy are available...
- Indications for therapy and treatment recommendations for bacterial vaginosis in nonpregnant and pregnant women: a synthesis of dataEmilia H Koumans
Division of STD Prevention, Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Clin Infect Dis 35:S152-72. 2002..The use of intravaginal clindamycin therapy, especially during the latter half of the second trimester and thereafter, appears to increase ..
- Development of clindamycin-loaded wound dressing with polyvinyl alcohol and sodium alginateJong Oh Kim
Dong A Pharm Co, Ltd, Yongin si, Kyunggi Do 449 905, South Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 31:2277-82. 2008To develop a clindamycin-loaded wound dressing, cross-linked hydrogel films were prepared using freeze-thawing method with various mixtures of polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) and sodium alginate (SA)...
- Clindamycin for intraincisional antibiotic prophylaxis in dermatologic surgeryMichael J Huether
Arch Dermatol 138:1145-8. 2002To assess the efficacy of intraincisional clindamycin therapy as an alternative to nafcillin treatment in decreasing the risk of postoperative wound infections in dermatologic surgery.
- A randomized prospective controlled trial of antibiotic prophylaxis in intraoral bone-grafting procedures: preoperative single-dose penicillin versus preoperative single-dose clindamycinJ A Lindeboom
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 35:433-6. 2006..patients undergoing local intraoral bone grafting randomly received either an oral single dose of 600 mg clindamycin or 2 g of the penicillin phenethicillin 1 h before incision...
- Effect of early oral clindamycin on late miscarriage and preterm delivery in asymptomatic women with abnormal vaginal flora and bacterial vaginosis: a randomised controlled trialAustin Ugwumadu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St George s Hospital, Blackshaw Road, SW17 0QT, London, UK
Lancet 361:983-8. 2003..We aimed to establish whether antibiotic treatment early in the second trimester might reduce these risks in a general obstetric population...
- Microbiologic response to treatment of bacterial vaginosis with topical clindamycin or metronidazoleM N Austin
Magee Womens Research Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 3180, USA
J Clin Microbiol 43:4492-7. 2005..women aged 18 to 45 with clinical and Gram stain evidence of BV were randomized to receive intravaginal clindamycin or metronidazole...
- Influences of linezolid, penicillin, and clindamycin, alone and in combination, on streptococcal pyrogenic exotoxin a releaseElizabeth A Coyle
Anti Infective Research Laboratory, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:1752-5. 2003An in vitro model was used to compare the effects of linezolid, clindamycin, and penicillin, alone and in combination, on streptococcal pyrogenic exotoxin A (SPE A) release against virulent group A streptococci (GAS)...
- No decrease in clindamycin susceptibility despite increased use of clindamycin for pediatric community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus skin infectionsJillian M Szczesiul
Department of Pharmacy, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:852-4. 2007..our institution revealed 98% of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) isolates were susceptible to clindamycin; however, beta-lactams were then the predominant empiric treatment...
- Lymphocyte subsets and specific IgG antibody levels in clindamycin-treated and untreated dogs experimentally infected with Babesia gibsoniRetno Wulansari
Department of Veterinary Science, Faculty of Agriculture, Miyazaki University, Miyazaki, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 65:579-84. 2003..carried out to clarify the role of lymphocyte subpopulations and Babesia-specific antibody on the treatment of clindamycin in dogs infected with B. gibsoni...
- Activity of fusidic acid against extracellular and intracellular Staphylococcus aureus: influence of pH and comparison with linezolid and clindamycinSandrine Lemaire
Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, Louvain Drug Research Institute, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Clin Infect Dis 52:S493-503. 2011..Emergence of multidrug-resistant Staphylococcus aureus has triggered a reassessment of fusidic acid (CEM-102, sodium fusidate)...
- Murine goblet cell hypoplasia during Eimeria pragensis infection is ameliorated by clindamycin treatmentMuchammad Yunus
Laboratory of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Department of Veterinary Science, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Miyazaki, Gakuen Kibamadai Nishi 1 1 Miyazaki 889 2192, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 67:311-5. 2005..The jejunal GC numbers were not affected by E. pragensis infection. Clindamycin treatment in the infected mice reduced numbers of intracellular parasites and significantly increased the ..
- Differences in the Enterococcus faecalis lsa locus that influence susceptibility to quinupristin-dalfopristin and clindamycinKavindra V Singh
Center for the Study of Emerging and Reemerging Pathogens, University of Texas Medical School Houston, 6431 Fannin, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:32-9. 2005..lsa gene, encoding the putative ABC protein Lsa, influences resistance to quinupristin-dalfopristin (Q-D) and clindamycin (CLI). We have now found that, while cloned lsa from E...
- Photographic review of results from a clinical study comparing benzoyl peroxide 5%/clindamycin 1% topical gel with vehicle in the treatment of rosaceaJames J Leyden
Skin Study Center, Broomall, Pennsylvania, USA
Cutis 73:11-7. 2004..double-blind, vehicle-controlled, 12-week study that assessed the efficacy of topical benzoyl peroxide 5%/clindamycin 1% (BP/C) gel (BenzaClin) versus vehicle in the treatment of rosacea...
- Clindamycin-primaquine versus pentamidine for the second-line treatment of pneumocystis pneumoniaTark Kim
Department of Infectious Diseases, Asan Medical Center, 388 1 Pungnap 2dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, Korea
J Infect Chemother 15:343-6. 2009..We compared the efficacy of clindamycin-primaquine (C-P) with that of pentamidine as a second line treatment for PCP...
- The effect of calcium hydroxide on the steroid component of Ledermix and OdontopasteM Athanassiadis
Australian Dental Manufacturing, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Int Endod J 44:1162-9. 2011..To investigate the chemical interaction of calcium hydroxide with the corticosteroid triamcinolone acetonide in Ledermix Paste and in Odontopaste, a new steroid/antibiotic paste...
- Interaction of dihydrofolate reductase and aminoglycoside adenyltransferase enzyme from Klebsiella pneumoniae multidrug resistant strain DF12SA with clindamycin: a molecular modelling and docking studyShailesh K Shahi
School of Biotechnology, Faculty of Science, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221005, India
J Mol Model 19:973-83. 2013..augmentin, co-trimoxazole, carbapenems, penicillins and cefoperazone, and was sensitive to clindamycin. Molecular characterization of the multidrug-resistance phenotype revealed the presence of a class 1 integron ..
- Two paediatric cases of skin and soft-tissue infections due to clindamycin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus carrying a plasmid-encoded vga(A) allelic variant for a putative efflux pumpXuan Qin
Microbiology Laboratory, A9601, Seattle Children s Hospital, 4800 Sand Point Way, NE, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Int J Antimicrob Agents 38:81-3. 2011..e. erythromycin-susceptible but clindamycin-resistant...
- Frequent resistance of clinical group B streptococci isolates to clindamycin and erythromycinM D Pearlman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor 48109 0276, USA
Obstet Gynecol 92:258-61. 1998To determine both the frequency of reported penicillin allergy in parturients and the frequency of resistance in vitro of clinical isolates of group B streptococci to clindamycin and erythromycin.
- Serum pharmacokinetics of clindamycin hydrochloride in normal dogs when administered at two dosage regimensManolis N Saridomichelakis
Clinic of Medicine and Laboratory of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Thessaly, Karditsa, Greece
Vet Dermatol 22:429-35. 2011The aim of this cross-over study was to compare clindamycin pharmacokinetics in the serum of clinically normal dogs when administered orally at two dosage regimens (5...
- Efficacy of once-daily clindamycin hydrochloride in the treatment of superficial bacterial pyoderma in dogsP B Bloom
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Medical Center, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824-1314, USA
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 37:537-42. 2001Twenty-one dogs with canine superficial bacterial pyoderma were treated with clindamycin at a dosage of approximately 11 mg/kg body weight, q 24 hours, given orally for 14 to 42 days...
- An Enterococcus faecalis ABC homologue (Lsa) is required for the resistance of this species to clindamycin and quinupristin-dalfopristinKavindra V Singh
Center for the Study of Emerging and Reemerging Pathogens, Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, 77030, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:1845-50. 2002Enterococcus faecalis isolates are resistant to clindamycin (CLI) and quinupristin-dalfopristin (Q-D), and this is thought to be a species characteristic...
- Staphylococcus aureus ocular infection: methicillin-resistance, clinical features, and antibiotic susceptibilitiesChih Chun Chuang
Department of Ophthalmology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Linkou, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 8:e42437. 2012..aureus (MSSA) infections...
- Group B streptococci exposed to rifampin or clindamycin (versus ampicillin or cefotaxime) stimulate reduced production of inflammatory mediators by murine macrophagesKevin C Brinkmann
Department of Pediatrics, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Children s Foundation Research Center at Le Bonheur Children s Medical Center, Memphis, 38103, USA
Pediatr Res 57:419-23. 2005..7 murine macrophages with a type-Ia GBS isolate in the presence of ampicillin, cefotaxime, rifampin, clindamycin, or gentamicin, singly or in combination...
- Recovery of clindamycin from fermentation wastewater with nanofiltration membranesAnna Zhu
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Water Res 37:3718-32. 2003Experiments were carried out on clindamycin's separation and recovery from clindamycin fermentation wastewater with nanofiltration (NF) membranes...
- Clinical resistance to erythromycin and clindamycin in cutaneous propionibacteria isolated from acne patients is associated with mutations in 23S rRNAJ I Ross
The Skin Research Centre, Department of Microbiology, University of Leeds, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 41:1162-5. 1997..These mutations correspond to three of four phenotypic classes previously identified by using MIC determinations...
- Nodular cutaneous microsporidiosis in a patient with AIDS and successful treatment with long-term oral clindamycin therapyK E Kester
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20307 5100, USA
Ann Intern Med 128:911-4. 1998..In AIDS, nodular skin disease can result from various causes...
- Molecular mechanisms by which rRNA mutations confer resistance to clindamycinJacob Poehlsgaard
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, DK 5230 Odense M, Denmark
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:1553-5. 2005The mechanisms by which rRNA mutations confer clindamycin resistance were examined in Mycobacterium smegmatis strains containing homogeneous populations of ribosomes with base substitutions at nucleotides A2058 and A2059...
- Intravitreal clindamycin and dexamethasone for zone 1 toxoplasmic retinochoroiditis at twenty-four monthsAndres F Lasave
Retina and Vitreous Service, Clinica Oftalmologica Centro Caracas, Caracas, Venezuela
Ophthalmology 117:1831-8. 2010To report the anatomic and functional outcomes of intravitreal clindamycin and dexamethasone for the treatment of zone 1 toxoplasmic retinochoroiditis (TRC)...
- Antivirulence potential of TR-700 and clindamycin on clinical isolates of Staphylococcus aureus producing phenol-soluble modulinsJason Yamaki
University of Southern California, School of Pharmacy, 1985 Zonal Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90089 9121, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:4432-5. 2011..TR-700 (oxazolidinone) and clindamycin strongly inhibited PSM production at one-half the MIC but exhibited weak to modest induction at one-fourth and ..
- Empiric outpatient therapy with trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, cephalexin, or clindamycin for cellulitisThana Khawcharoenporn
Department of Medicine, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Am J Med 123:942-50. 2010..Limited data exist on optimal empiric oral antibiotic treatment for outpatients with cellulitis in areas with a high prevalence of community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections...
- Assessment of the pharmacokinetics and dynamics of two combination regimens of fosmidomycin-clindamycin in patients with acute uncomplicated falciparum malariaRonnatrai Ruangweerayut
Mae Sot Hospital, Tak Province, Thailand
Malar J 7:225. 2008This study investigated the pharmacokinetics of fosmidomycin when given in combination with clindamycin at two dosage regimens in patients with acute uncomplicated falciparum malaria.
- Successful pregnancy in a patient suffering from recurrent mid-trimester miscarriage with C9 deficiency after receiving cervical cerclage followed by clindamycin and progesterone: a case reportNoriyoshi Watanabe
Department of Maternal Fetal and Neonatal Medicine, National Center for Child Health and Development, Tokyo, Japan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 38:562-6. 2012..Her fifth pregnancy was successfully managed by cervical cerclage at 13 weeks' gestation, followed by clindamycin administration (600 mg/day for 7 days) and progesterone injections (250 mg/week)...
- Susceptibility of Zimbabwean Streptococcus agalactiae (group B Streptococcus; GBS) isolates to four different antibioticsS R Moyo
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Zimbabwe, Harare, Zimbabwe
Cent Afr J Med 47:226-9. 2001..To establish the susceptibility of Zimbabwean GBS strains isolated from hospitalised patients to four antibiotics...
- A randomised controlled trial of vaginal clindamycin for early pregnancy bacterial vaginosisM Kurkinen-Räty
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Oulu University, Finland
BJOG 107:1427-32. 2000To determine whether treatment of bacterial vaginosis (BV) with vaginal clindamycin affects pregnancy outcome.
- Clindamycin and metronidazole as independent risk factors for nosocomial acquisition of multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosaR Cipriano Souza
J Hosp Infect 69:402-3. 2008
- The inhibitory effect of clindamycin on Lactobacillus in vitroA Aroutcheva
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rush-Presbyterian-St Luke's Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 9:239-44. 2001OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the in vitro effect of varying concentrations of clindamycin on Lactobocillus spp. METHODS: Concentrations of clindamycin ranging from 1...
- Clindamycin-induced acute cholestatic hepatitisCem Aygun
Department of Gastroenterology, Kocaeli University Medical Faculty, Kocaeli 41380, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 13:5408-10. 2007We report a case of acute hepatotoxicity in a 42-year-old woman after administration of clindamycin for a dental infection. After 6 d of treatment, she had fatigue, nausea, vomiting, anorexia, pruritus and jaundice...
- Osteomyelitis of the jaw: resistance to clindamycin in patients with prior antibiotics exposureC Pigrau
Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 28:317-23. 2009..5% to clindamycin. Overall, 35/38 (92.1%) had at least one clindamycin-resistant isolate...
- Clindamycin vs. first-generation cephalosporins for acute osteoarticular infections of childhood--a prospective quasi-randomized controlled trialH Peltola
Children s Hospital, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Clin Microbiol Infect 18:582-9. 2012..We conducted a prospective, multicentre, quasi-randomized trial in Finland, comparing clindamycin with first-generation cephalosporins...
- Inducible clindamycin resistance and molecular epidemiologic trends of pediatric community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in Dallas, TexasSusana Chavez-Bueno
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center of Dallas, and Children s Medical Center of Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas 75390 9063, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:2283-8. 2005Community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (CA-MRSA) infection occurs commonly in children. Clindamycin resistance may be inducible or constitutive, and the rates of inducible resistance in CA-MRSA that could produce ..
- Vaginal clindamycin and oral metronidazole for bacterial vaginosis: a randomized trialJ Paavonen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Obstet Gynecol 96:256-60. 2000To compare the efficacy and safety of clindamycin vaginal ovules with oral metronidazole for treatment of bacterial vaginosis.
- Use of clindamycin disks To detect macrolide resistance mediated by ermB and mefE in Streptococcus pneumoniae isolates from adults and childrenK Waites
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
J Clin Microbiol 38:1731-4. 2000..pneumoniae isolates obtained from adults and children to evaluate whether 2-microgram clindamycin disks can distinguish between isolates manifesting ermB- versus mefE-mediated resistance to clarithromycin and ..
- High prevalence of erythromycin-resistant, clindamycin/miocamycin-susceptible (M phenotype) Streptococcus pyogenes: results of a Spanish multicentre study in 1998. Spanish Group for the Study of Infection in the Primary Health Care SettingJ I Alos
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital de Mostoles, 28935 Móstoles, Madrid Area de Bioquímica y Biología Molecular, Universidad de La Rioja, Logrono, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 45:605-9. 2000..dilution method we studied the prevalence of susceptibility to 14-, 15- and 16-membered ring macrolides and clindamycin in Streptococcus pyogenes isolated in 1998 from 21 laboratories in Spain...
- In vitro post-antibiotic effect of fluoroquinolones, macrolides, beta-lactams, tetracyclines, vancomycin, clindamycin, linezolid, chloramphenicol, quinupristin/dalfopristin and rifampicin on Bacillus anthracisA Athamna
The Triangle Research and Development Center, Kfar Qaraa, Israel
J Antimicrob Chemother 53:609-15. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate in vitro the post-antibiotic effect (PAE) of 19 antibacterial agents against two strains of Bacillus anthracis (ST-1 and Sterne strains)...
- Clindamycin and taste disordersMark C H De Groot
Netherlands Pharmacovigilance Centre Lareb, s Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Br J Clin Pharmacol 64:542-5. 2007Topical use of clindamycin has been associated with taste disorders in the literature, but little is known about the nature of this adverse drug reaction...
- Fusidic acid and clindamycin resistance in community-associated, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections in children of Central GreeceGeorge D Katopodis
Department of Pediatrics, University of Thessaly, Medical School, Biopolis, 411 10 Larissa, Greece
BMC Infect Dis 10:351. 2010In Greece, fusidic acid and clindamycin are commonly used for the empiric therapy of suspected staphylococcal infections.
- Clindamycin modulates inflammatory-cytokine induction in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated mouse peritoneal macrophagesTetsuji Nakano
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Oita Medical University, Hasama, Oita 879 5593, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:363-7. 2003We investigated the mechanism by which clindamycin (CLI) modulates cytokine induction after lipopolysaccharide (LPS) stimulation...
- Hypersensitivity reaction to intravitreal clindamycin therapyPeter Kim
Department of Ophthalmology, Prince of Wales Hospital, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 30:147-8. 2002A Caucasian woman presenting with recurrence of intra-ocular toxoplasmosis was given intravitreal clindamycin. She subsequently developed a hypersensitivity reaction in the form of a generalized erythematous rash...
- Treatment of contaminated bone defects with clindamycin-reconstituted bone xenograft-compositesLong Bi
Institute of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Xijing Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, People s Republic of China
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 82:418-27. 2007..To find a better method to resolve this dilemma, we prepared a novel clindamycin-reconstituted bone xenograft-composite (C-RBX-C) that comprised of crude bBMP (bovine bone morphogenetic ..
- Invasive neonatal GBS infections from an area-based surveillance study in ItalyM Imperi
Dipartimento di Malattie Infettive, Parassitarie ed Immunomediate, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Clin Microbiol Infect 17:1834-9. 2011..Resistance to erythromycin (12%) was associated with a constitutive resistance to clindamycin in five cases (four carrying the erm(B) gene and one both the erm(B) and mef(E) genes) and with an inducible ..
- Clindamycin in the treatment of obstetric and gynecologic infections: a reviewD Zambrano
Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Clin Ther 13:58-80. 1991The spectrum of clindamycin's activity includes anaerobes and gram-positive aerobes other than enterococci. No inactivation or incompatibility of clindamycin phosphate has been shown in intravenous solutions usually used clinically...
- Pretreatment of mice with clindamycin improves survival of endotoxic shock by modulating the release of inflammatory cytokinesN Hirata
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Oita Medical University, Hasama, Oita 879-5593, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:2638-42. 2001..We investigated the effect of clindamycin (CLI) on endotoxic shock induced in mice by Escherichia coli lipopolysaccharide (LPS)...
- Candida-endothelial interactions under conditions of flowMartin Thornhill; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- International Congress on MicrosporidiosisLouis Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2004..Overall, the goal of this congress is to foster the exchange of information between these diverse groups of scientists leading to advances in research on these emergent pathogens. ..
- Second International Workshop on Microsporidia from Vertebrate and Invertebrate HLouis Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2007..Overall, the goal of this[unreadable] congress is to foster the exchange of information between these diverse groups of[unreadable] scientists leading to advances in research on these emergent pathogens. ..
- TOXOPLASMA ENCEPHALITIS IN AIDS: BRADYZOITE REGULATIONLouis Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- A Novel Drug for Septicemia Targets A1 ARsConstance Neely Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2010..ceftriaxone, will be used to cover Gram-negative and Gram-positive aerobic bacteria in combination with clindamycin to cover anaerobic bacteria...
- Maternal genitourinary infections and adverse perinatal outcomesAbdullah Hel Baqui; Fiscal Year: 2013..infections between 12-16 weeks;those with abnormal vaginal flora (Nugent score >4) will be treated with oral clindamycin for 5 days, rescreened after 3 weeks, and those with persistent abnormal flora will be retreated with a second ..
- The Role of Uncultivated Bacteria in Bacterial VaginosisDAVID NEAL FREDRICKS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Although antibiotics such as metronidazole and clindamycin can be used to treat BV, recurrence is common, with recurrence rates of up to 30% at 3 months and >50% at ..
- Cesarean Section Optimal Antibiotic Prophylaxis (C/SOAP) TrialAlan Thevenet N Tita; Fiscal Year: 2013..prior to surgery;concurrently, both groups will also receive standard single-dose cefazolin prophylaxis (or clindamycin if allergic to cephalosporin)...
- Vaginal Ring for Preventing Bacterial VaginosisTHOMAS RAY MOENCH; Fiscal Year: 2010..Episodes of BV can be treated transiently with antibiotics (metronidazole, clindamycin) but relapse occurs frequently. Women with BV typically have ~2 episodes per menstrual cycle...
- Epidemic CA-MRSA: Molecular Epidemiology and ImmunologyRobert S Daum; Fiscal Year: 2013..We are proposing studies utilizing the patients enrolled in the DMID-funded "Randomized, Double-Blind Trial of Clindamycin, Trimethoprim-Sulfamethoxazole, or Placebo for Uncomplicated Skin and Soft Tissue Infections Caused by ..
- Innate Immune Defense against Clostridium Difficile InfectionEric G Pamer; Fiscal Year: 2013..difficile infection. We have also demonstrated that a single dose of clindamycin results in prolonged susceptibility to C. difficile infection...
- Clinical Trial for CA-MRSA InfectionsDENISE TRITT; Fiscal Year: 2011..objectives [unreadable] Efficacy determined at a Test of Cure Visit: [unreadable] To compare the efficacy of clindamycin and trimethoprim-sulfmethoxazole in conjunction with surgical drainage for suppurative uncomplicated skin and ..
- CLOSTRIDIUM DIFFICILE INFECTIONJERGANG CHANG; Fiscal Year: 1991..11 experimental groups to examine the susceptibility of aged hamsters to varied doses of inciting antibiotic - clindamycin - and simultaneous ingestion of C. difficile...
- DETECTION OF BIOMOLECULES BY CHEMILUMINESCENCENEIL DANIELSON; Fiscal Year: 1990..04 pmoles. Pharmaceuticals difficult to detect in the UV such as erythromycin and clindamycin-2-phosphate have been assayed easily at the ppb level...
- Oral Immunotherapy for C. difficile Disease via BacteriaThomas Parks; Fiscal Year: 2005..secreting scFv against toxins A and B will then be tested in a well-established animal model of CDAD, the clindamycin-treated hamster...
- Therapy and Prevention for Bacterial VaginosisJane Schwebke; Fiscal Year: 2006..The current therapy for BV consists of seven days of oral or topical metronidazole or clindamycin. However, there is a growing concern that eradication of organisms from the lower genital tract may be ..
- Primaquine-binding proteins identified in PneumocystisSHERRY QUEENER; Fiscal Year: 2006unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Primaquine, an 8-aminoquinoline, with clindamycin is the most effective clinical alternative to standard therapy for patients with pneumonia caused by Pneumocystis, but the mechanism of ..
- ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE IN ORAL & COLONIC ANAEROBESFRANCIS MACRINA; Fiscal Year: 1992..The emergence of resistance to the drug of choice, clindamycin (Ccr), and to other antibiotics threatens to compromise the treatment of Bacteroides infections...
- Tinidazole for the Treatment of Bacterial VaginosisJane Schwebke; Fiscal Year: 2007..Current treatments for BV with metronidazole or clindamycin are suboptimal with cure rates at approximately 70% and high recurrence rates...
- POTENTIATORS OF BACTERIOSTATIC ANTIBIOTICS IN GRAM +PENELOPE MARKHAM; Fiscal Year: 2000..the lead of which, in combination with bacteriostatic concentrations of either erythromycin, chloramphenicol, clindamycin or tetracycline, is synergistically and rapidly bactericidal to S. aureus...
- BACTERIOPHAGE THERAPY IN C DIFFICILE INTESTINAL DISEASERial Rolfe; Fiscal Year: 2001..Preliminary experiments demonstrate that administration of bacteriophage to hamsters, treated with clindamycin and a toxigenic strain of C. difficile, prevents development of a fatal ileocecitis...
- HEALTH BURDERN OF COINFECTING DEER ASSOCIATED ZOONOSESPeter Krause; Fiscal Year: 2001..The density of deer will be estimated in each site. This proposed effort will help define the health burden imposed on people residing in proximity to deer and will contribute to diagnosis and case-management of apparent Lyme disease. ..
- Rural Trial of Clinic Order Entry with Decision SupportMatthew Samore; Fiscal Year: 2006..The cost impact of the intervention will be measured to allow a comprehensive assessment of the value of this HIT. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Topical Antibiotics to Prevent Lyme DiseaseGary Wormser; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Modulation of Dendritic Cell Function by CytomegalovirusJATIN VYAS; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed program will allow the candidate to obtain the skills, knowledge and experience to become an independent investigator. ..
- C.elegans as a model system forC.neoformans pathogenesisEleftherios Mylonakis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Because C. neoformanshas similarities with other pathogenic yeasts, we expect that our findings will facilitate the study of fungus/host interaction in general. ..
- Molecular Epidemiology, Virulence, and Genomic Characterization of UreaplasmasKen B Waites; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- A C.elegans high-throughput assay for the identification of new antifungal agentsEleftherios Mylonakis; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Identification of Uncultivated and Unrecognized Pathogens of PeriodontitisANNE DENISE HAFFAJEE; Fiscal Year: 2010..The identification of such pathogens should, over time, lead to better diagnosis of disease, optimal treatment strategies for the individual patient, new therapeutic approaches and carefully targeted approaches to prevention. ..
- TRANSMISSION OF PNEUMOCYSTIS INFECTIONMelanie Cushion; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will result in a clearer understanding of the biology leading to infection with Pc and will provide a rational basis for clinical management and therapeutic intervention. ..
- Catheter Dwell Time and Risk of Bloodstream Infections in Hospitalized NeonatesAaron M Milstone; Fiscal Year: 2011..This project will help to develop evidence-based strategies to prevent bloodstream infections among vulnerable infants hospitalized in the neonatal intensive care unit. ..
- Detection of Biofilm Bacteria using GloBacRobin Patel; Fiscal Year: 2008..The goal of the proposed studies is to develop a rapid test for detection of bacteria on artificial joints that can be used in the operating room to diagnose infected artificial joints. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Enhancement of antimicrobics by electrical currentRobin Patel; Fiscal Year: 2007..This novel but simple resistance reversing strategy may generalize to a wide variety of antimicrobics and microorganisms and a wide variety of biofilm-associated human infections. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EFFECT OF ANTIBIOTICS ON ORAL BIOFILMS IN VIVOAnne Haffajee; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- GROUP A STREPTOCOCCAL INFECTIONS IN CHILDRENJudith Martin; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- PNEUMOCYSTIS GENOME PROJECTMelanie Cushion; Fiscal Year: 2004..Thus, there is but a single aim to this proposal: 1. To finish sequencing the genome of pneumocystis carinii and provide a completed assembly. ..
- Enteropathogenic and Toxigenic E.coli InteractionsJOHN CRANE; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Host Cell Killing by EPEC: Central Role in PathogenesisJOHN CRANE; Fiscal Year: 2005..coli (RDEC-1) and rabbit EPEC (REPEC). ..
- MATERNAL IMMUNIZATION TO PREVENT INFANT OTITIS MEDIAPatricia Ferrieri; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results of this trial will have a profound impact on the broad field of maternal immunization to prevent early infant disease caused by a variety of infant bacterial and viral pathogens. ..
- Eighth International Workshops on Opportunistic ProtistsMelanie Cushion; Fiscal Year: 2003..Mead's and Cushion's ancestors include native Americans; Marciano-Cabral is Hispanic; Kaneshiro has Pacific-Asian ancestry; Lindsay, Weiss are white. Lindsay is a physically handicapped individual. ..
- A Therapeutic Target for MicrosporidiosisLouis Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, the approaches and methods developed in this R21 should also prove useful for studies on methionine aminopeptidases as therapeutic targets in other pathogenic protists. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MICROBIAL ASSOCIATIONS IN PERIODONTAL HEALTH AND DISEASEAnne Haffajee; Fiscal Year: 2006..These data will provide a basis for understanding microbial community structure, ecological relationships and define desired microbiological end-point of therapy. ..
- Efficient Mechanism of Gene Transfer in B. fragilisDavid Hecht; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE IN A SUBGINGIVAL BIOFILM MODELClay Walker; Fiscal Year: 2006..We believe the information derived from the experiments described will provide a better understanding of the subgingival flora and the effects that antibiotics may have on this flora. ..
- Effect of Zinc in Enteropathogenic E. coli InfectionJOHN CRANE; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ANTIBIOTIC INHIBITION OF BACTERIAL RIBOSOME FORMATIONWILLIAM CHAMPNEY; Fiscal Year: 2002..The findings from this work will help in assessing the effectiveness of existing antibiotics and in developing new compounds as antimicrobial agents. ..
- The Acquisition of Bacterial Vaginosis in LesbiansJeanne Marrazzo; Fiscal Year: 2006..Lesbian couples provide a unique opportunity to conduct comparative studies of vaginal microbial ecology in sex partners, and to directly analyze determinants of transmission. ..
- HUMAN RETROVIRUS-5 AND ARTHRITISRobin Patel; Fiscal Year: 2002..Identification of a specific infectious agent associated with these arthritides would potentially allo for the development of preventive strategies such as vaccination and novel therapeutic approaches. ..
- New Approaches for Development of PcP TherapyMelanie Cushion; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, they will select the most efficacious combinations of agents and evaluate their effects on gene expression again using the macroarray approach. ..
- Microsporidiosis:A Therapeutic TargetLouis Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Infection, Inflammation and PreeclampsiaCatherine Haggerty; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, cytokine and CRP testing may prove to be effective tools for identifying women at risk for developing preeclampsia. ..
- Three Periodontal Therapies in Current & Non-SmokersAnne Haffajee; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed investigation should provide a model to examine methods that could be useful in treating compromised patients whether compromised by harmful habits such as smoking, systemic disease, or genetic background. ..
- Mycoplasma Genitalium and Pelvic Inflammatory DiseaseCatherine Haggerty; Fiscal Year: 2007..Exploring the role of M. genitalium in PID is imperative to optimize diagnosis and treatment and prevent reproductive morbidity among women with nongonococcal/nonchlamydial PID. ..
- Mechanisms of Tandem Repeat Deletion in Group B StrepKAREN PUOPOLO; Fiscal Year: 2006..The training goal of this project is to prepare the applicant for a career in bacterial genetic research by providing didactic education and the opportunity to develop laboratory expertise in this rapidly evolving field. ..