- Dose-ranging effects of canagliflozin, a sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 inhibitor, as add-on to metformin in subjects with type 2 diabetes
Dallas Diabetes and Endocrine Center at Medical City, Dallas, Texas, USA
Diabetes Care 35:1232-8. 2012
..To evaluate the effects of canagliflozin, a sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 inhibitor, in type 2 diabetes mellitus inadequately controlled with metformin monotherapy...
- Efficacy and safety of canagliflozin monotherapy in subjects with type 2 diabetes mellitus inadequately controlled with diet and exercise
Clinical Trial Center, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Diabetes Obes Metab 15:372-82. 2013
..Canagliflozin is a sodium glucose co-transporter 2 inhibitor in development for type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM). The efficacy and safety of canagliflozin were evaluated in subjects with T2DM inadequately controlled with diet and exercise...
- Canagliflozin improves glycaemic control over 28 days in subjects with type 2 diabetes not optimally controlled on insulin
Janssen Research and Development, LLC, Raritan, NJ 08869, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 14:539-45. 2012
..Canagliflozin is a sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitor that is being investigated for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM)...
- Canagliflozin, a novel inhibitor of sodium glucose co-transporter 2, dose dependently reduces calculated renal threshold for glucose excretion and increases urinary glucose excretion in healthy subjects
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, LLC, Raritan, NJ 08869, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 13:669-72. 2011
..Canagliflozin was generally well tolerated; most adverse events were mild and no hypoglycaemia was reported. These results support further study of canagliflozin...
- Dapagliflozin monotherapy in type 2 diabetic patients with inadequate glycemic control by diet and exercise: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa School of Medicine, Pisa, Italy
Diabetes Care 33:2217-24. 2010
..We evaluated the efficacy and safety of dapagliflozin in treatment-naive patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Effect of canagliflozin on renal threshold for glucose, glycemia, and body weight in normal and diabetic animal models
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, LLC, Spring House, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e30555. 2012
..Canagliflozin is a sodium glucose co-transporter (SGLT) 2 inhibitor in clinical development for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM)...
- Effect of dapagliflozin in patients with type 2 diabetes who have inadequate glycaemic control with metformin: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial
Clifford J Bailey
Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham, UK
Lancet 375:2223-33. 2010
..We assessed the efficacy and safety of dapagliflozin in patients who have inadequate glycaemic control with metformin...
- Protective effects of a Rhodiola crenulata extract and salidroside on hippocampal neurogenesis against streptozotocin-induced neural injury in the rat
Ze qiang Qu
Division of Neuroscience, Department of Histology and Embryology, Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
PLoS ONE 7:e29641. 2012
..Our findings indicated that the RCE improved the impaired hippocampal neurogenesis in the rat model of AD through protecting NSCs by its main ingredient salidroside which scavenged intracellular ROS...
- Dietary cyanidin 3-O-beta-D-glucoside-rich purple corn color prevents obesity and ameliorates hyperglycemia in mice
Research Center for Biomarkers of Preventive Medicine, Doshisha University, Imadegawa dori, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto 602 8580, Japan
J Nutr 133:2125-30. 2003
..Our findings provide a biochemical and nutritional basis for the use of PCC or anthocyanins as a functional food factor that may have benefits for the prevention of obesity and diabetes...
- 454 pyrosequencing based transcriptome analysis of Zygaena filipendulae with focus on genes involved in biosynthesis of cyanogenic glucosides
Plant Biochemistry Laboratory, Department of Plant Biology and Biotechnology, University of Copenhagen, 40 Thorvaldsensvej, DK 1871 Frederiksberg C, Copenhagen, Denmark
BMC Genomics 10:574. 2009
..They both contain cyanogenic glucosides which liberate toxic hydrogen cyanide upon breakdown...
- Empagliflozin, a novel selective sodium glucose cotransporter-2 (SGLT-2) inhibitor: characterisation and comparison with other SGLT-2 inhibitors
CardioMetabolic Diseases Research, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, Biberach, Germany
Diabetes Obes Metab 14:83-90. 2012
..This study assessed pharmacological properties of empagliflozin in vitro and pharmacokinetic properties in vivo and compared its potency and selectivity with other SGLT-2 inhibitors...
- Dapagliflozin versus glipizide as add-on therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes who have inadequate glycemic control with metformin: a randomized, 52-week, double-blind, active-controlled noninferiority trial
Michael A Nauck
Diabetes Centre, Bad Lauterberg, Germany
Diabetes Care 34:2015-22. 2011
..We compared the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of dapagliflozin with the sulfonylurea glipizide in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled with metformin monotherapy...
- Sodium-glucose cotransport inhibition with dapagliflozin in type 2 diabetes
James F List
Global Clinical Research, Bristol Myers Squibb, Princeton, New Jersey, USA
Diabetes Care 32:650-7. 2009
..In this multiple-dose study we evaluated the safety and efficacy of dapagliflozin in type 2 diabetic patients...
- Salidroside protects against MPP(+)-induced apoptosis in PC12 cells by inhibiting the NO pathway
Laboratory of Senile Encephalopathy with the Integrated Traditional Chinese Medicine and Western Medicine, Research Center of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, People s Republic of China
Brain Res 1382:9-18. 2011
..Our results show that the protective effects of salidroside on PC12 cells are mediated, at least in part, by inhibition of the NO pathway...
- The human TAS2R16 receptor mediates bitter taste in response to beta-glucopyranosides
Department of Molecular Genetics, German Institute of Human Nutrition, Arthur Scheunert Allee 114 116, 14558 Potsdam Rehbrücke, Germany
Nat Genet 32:397-401. 2002
..If the ability of TAS2R16 to detect substances with common molecular properties is typical of the bitter receptor family, it may explain how a few receptors permit the perception of numerous bitter substances...
- Effects of dapagliflozin on body weight, total fat mass, and regional adipose tissue distribution in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus with inadequate glycemic control on metformin
Department of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Karolinska Institutet, 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:1020-31. 2012
..Dapagliflozin, a selective sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitor, reduces hyperglycemia in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) by increasing urinary glucose excretion, and weight loss is a consistent associated finding...
- Masked mycotoxins: determination of a deoxynivalenol glucoside in artificially and naturally contaminated wheat by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry
Christian Doppler Laboratory for Mycotoxin Research and Institute for Plant Production Biotechnology, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Vienna, Konrad Lorenz Strasse 20, A 3430 Tulln, Austria
J Agric Food Chem 53:3421-5. 2005
..The synthesis products were characterized by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. The DON-glucosides showed different collision-induced dissociation (CID) fragmentation behaviors and could therefore be ..
- Long-term efficacy of dapagliflozin in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus receiving high doses of insulin: a randomized trial
John P H Wilding
University Hospital Aintree, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Ann Intern Med 156:405-15. 2012
..Dapagliflozin, a selective inhibitor of sodium-glucose cotransporter 2, may improve glycemic control with a lower dose of insulin and attenuate the associated weight gain in patients with inadequate control despite high doses of insulin...
- A study of dapagliflozin in patients with type 2 diabetes receiving high doses of insulin plus insulin sensitizers: applicability of a novel insulin-independent treatment
John P H Wilding
University of Liverpool, School of Clinical Sciences, Liverpool, England
Diabetes Care 32:1656-62. 2009
..To determine whether dapagliflozin, which selectively inhibits renal glucose reabsorption, lowers hyperglycemia in patients with type 2 diabetes that is poorly controlled with high insulin doses plus oral antidiabetic agents (OADs)...
- ABCC1, an ATP binding cassette protein from grape berry, transports anthocyanidin 3-O-Glucosides
Rita Maria Francisco
University of Zurich, Institute of Plant Biology, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
Plant Cell 25:1840-54. 2013
..In conclusion, we provide evidence that ABCC1 acts as an anthocyanin transporter that depends on GSH without the formation of an anthocyanin-GSH conjugate. ..
- X-ray crystal structure and antioxidant activity of salidroside, a phenylethanoid glycoside
Department of Chemistry of Natural Drugs, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, PR China
Chem Biodivers 4:508-13. 2007
..e., tyrosol (=4-(2-hydroxyethyl)phenol; 2)...
- Salidroside attenuates apoptosis in ischemic cardiomyocytes: a mechanism through a mitochondria-dependent pathway
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Shanghai 201203, China
J Pharmacol Sci 114:399-408. 2010
..These findings suggest that salidroside reduced ischemia-mediated myocardial damage. Salidroside therefore has potential to be a promising drug for preventing and treating myocardial ischemic diseases...
- Protective effects of salidroside on hydrogen peroxide-induced apoptosis in SH-SY5Y human neuroblastoma cells
Jiangsu Institute of Nuclear Medicine, 20 Qian Rong Road, Wuxi, Jiangsu 214063, China
Eur J Pharmacol 564:18-25. 2007
- Cucurbitacin glucosides: antioxidant and free-radical scavenging activities
The Mina and Everard Goodman Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan 52900, Israel
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 364:181-6. 2007
..We studied the antioxidant properties of cucurbitacin B + E glucosides (cucurbitacin glucoside combination, CGC) and their direct free-radical scavenging properties, using ESR ..
- Hydrolytic fate of deoxynivalenol-3-glucoside during digestion
Christian Doppler Laboratory for Mycotoxin Metabolism, Center for Analytical Chemistry, Department for Agrobiotechnology IFA Tulln, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna BOKU, Konrad Lorenz Str 20, 3430 Tulln, Austria
Toxicol Lett 206:264-7. 2011
..Taken together these data indicate that D3G is of toxicological relevance and should be regarded as a masked mycotoxin...
- Discovery of canagliflozin, a novel C-glucoside with thiophene ring, as sodium-dependent glucose cotransporter 2 inhibitor for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus
Medicinal Chemistry Research Laboratories, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation, 2 2 50 Kawagishi, Toda, Saitama, Japan
J Med Chem 53:6355-60. 2010
We discovered that C-glucosides 4 bearing a heteroaromatic ring formed metabolically more stable inhibitors for sodium-dependent glucose cotransporter 2 (SGLT2) than the O-glucoside, 2 (T-1095)...
- Effect of dapagliflozin in patients with type 2 diabetes who have inadequate glycaemic control with glimepiride: a randomized, 24-week, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial
Department of Internal Diseases, Diabetology and Nephrology, Silesian Medical University, Zabrze, Poland
Diabetes Obes Metab 13:928-38. 2011
..We assessed the efficacy, safety and tolerability of dapagliflozin added to glimepiride in patients with uncontrolled T2DM...
- Dapagliflozin, a novel, selective SGLT2 inhibitor, improved glycemic control over 2 weeks in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus
Discovery Medicine and Clinical Pharmacology, Research and Development, Bristol Myers Squibb, Princeton, New Jersey, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 85:513-9. 2009
..This was attributed to the decrease in filtered glucose load following improved glycemic control. Dapagliflozin produced dose-dependent increases in glucosuria and clinically meaningful changes in glycemic parameters in T2DM patients...
- Antioxidant and hepatoprotective actions of medicinal herb, Terminalia catappa L. from Okinawa Island and its tannin corilagin
Laboratory of Functional and Molecular Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, 207 Uehara, Nishihara, Okinawa 903 0215, Japan
Phytomedicine 14:755-62. 2007
..These results show that the extract of T. catappa and its antioxidant, corilagin are protective against GalN/LPS-induced liver injury through suppression of oxidative stress and apoptosis...
- Dapagliflozin, a novel SGLT2 inhibitor, induces dose-dependent glucosuria in healthy subjects
Discovery Medicine and Clinical Pharmacology, Research and Development, Bristol Myers Squibb, Princeton, New Jersey, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 85:520-6. 2009
- Lipid-lowering effects of polydatin from Polygonum cuspidatum in hyperlipidemic hamsters
Department of Pharmacognosy, School of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, No 325 Guohe Road, Shanghai 200433, PR China
Phytomedicine 16:652-8. 2009
..Experimental results also showed that polydatin elevated LDL-C/HDL-C and TC/HDL-C ratios. In concert with other effects, serum cholesterol-lowering effect in hamsters may contribute to the regulation properties attributed to polydatin...
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of dapagliflozin, a novel selective inhibitor of sodium-glucose co-transporter type 2, in Japanese subjects without and with type 2 diabetes mellitus
Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Rt 206 and Province Line Road, Princeton, NJ 08543 4000, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 13:357-65. 2011
..Here, the pharmacokinetics (PK) and pharmacodynamics (PD) of dapagliflozin were evaluated in healthy Japanese subjects and in Japanese subjects with T2DM...
- Metabolites of the ellagitannin geraniin and their antioxidant activities
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
Planta Med 77:1110-5. 2011
..These findings suggest that these metabolites may contribute to the health benefits of ellagitannins as antioxidants in the body...
- Biosynthesis of the cyanogenic glucosides linamarin and lotaustralin in cassava: isolation, biochemical characterization, and expression pattern of CYP71E7, the oxime-metabolizing cytochrome P450 enzyme
Plant Biochemistry Laboratory, Department of Plant Biology and Biotechnology, Villum Kahn Rasmussen Research Centre Pro Active Plants, University of Copenhagen, DK 1871 Frederiksberg C, Copenhagen, Denmark
Plant Physiol 155:282-92. 2011
..Manihot esculenta) is a eudicotyledonous plant that produces the valine- and isoleucine-derived cyanogenic glucosides linamarin and lotaustralin with the corresponding oximes and cyanohydrins as key intermediates...
- Arabidopsis thaliana beta-Glucosidases BGLU45 and BGLU46 hydrolyse monolignol glucosides
Luis L Escamilla-Trevino
Department of Biological Sciences, The University of Iowa, 108 Biology Building, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Phytochemistry 67:1651-60. 2006
..to the hypothesis that their respective gene products may be involved in lignification by hydrolysing monolignol glucosides. To test this hypothesis, we cloned cDNAs encoding BGLU45 and BGLU46 and expressed them in Pichia pastoris...
- Salidroside protects against hydrogen peroxide-induced injury in cardiac H9c2 cells via PI3K-Akt dependent pathway
Department of Cardiology, Molecular Medicine Research Center, State Key Laboratory, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, PR China
DNA Cell Biol 30:809-19. 2011
..Our results indicated that salidroside protected cardiomyocytes against oxidative injury through activating the PI3K/Akt pathway and increasing the expression and activities of endogenous PI3K dependent antioxidant enzymes...
- Protective role of salidroside against aging in a mouse model induced by D-galactose
Gen xiang Mao
Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100050, China
Biomed Environ Sci 23:161-6. 2010
..To investigate the protective effects of putative AGEs (advanced glycation endproducts) inhibitor salidroside against aging in an accelerated mouse aging model induced by D-galactose...
- Temporal coding mediates discrimination of "bitter" taste stimuli by an insect
John I Glendinning
Department of Biological Sciences, Barnard College, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
J Neurosci 26:8900-8. 2006
..We found that the pattern of stimulus generalization in both intact and lat-ablated caterpillars could only be predicted by temporal coding. We conclude that temporal codes from the periphery can mediate discriminative taste processing...
- N-glucosylation of cytokinins by glycosyltransferases of Arabidopsis thaliana
CNAP, Department of Biology, University of York, York YO10 5DD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:47822-32. 2004
Cytokinins are plant hormones that can be glucosylated to form O-glucosides and N-glucosides. The glycoconjugates are inactive and are thought to play a role in homeostasis of the hormones...
- Identification and characterization of new Fusarium masked mycotoxins, T2 and HT2 glycosyl derivatives, in naturally contaminated wheat and oats by liquid chromatography-high-resolution mass spectrometry
Veronica M T Lattanzio
Institute of Sciences of Food Production ISPA, National Research Council of Italy CNR, Via G Amendola 122 o, 70126, Bari, Italy
J Mass Spectrom 47:466-75. 2012
..The present work confirms the widespread occurrence of trichothecene glucosides in cereal grains naturally contaminated with the relevant unconjugated toxins, thus suggesting the importance of ..
- Evaluation of vulvovaginal symptoms and Candida colonization in women with type 2 diabetes mellitus treated with canagliflozin, a sodium glucose co-transporter 2 inhibitor
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 28:1173-8. 2012
..Vaginal Candida colonization and symptomatic vulvovaginal adverse events (VVAE) were assessed in females with T2DM treated with canagliflozin, a SGLT2 inhibitor...
- Effect of canagliflozin, a sodium glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitor, on bacteriuria and urinary tract infection in subjects with type 2 diabetes enrolled in a 12-week, phase 2 study
Lindsay E Nicolle
University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Curr Med Res Opin 28:1167-71. 2012
..To examine the effects of canagliflozin, a sodium glucose co-transporter 2 inhibitor that lowers blood glucose by increasing urinary glucose excretion (UGE), on asymptomatic bacteriuria and urinary tract infections (UTIs)...
- Base J: discovery, biosynthesis, and possible functions
Center of Biomedical Genetics, Division of Molecular Biology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Annu Rev Microbiol 62:235-51. 2008
- Why Do SGLT2 inhibitors inhibit only 30-50% of renal glucose reabsorption in humans?
Jiwen Jim Liu
Medicinal Chemistry, Amgen, Inc, South San Francisco, California, USA
Diabetes 61:2199-204. 2012
- Tetrahydroxystilbene glucoside antagonizes age-related α-synuclein overexpression in the hippocampus of APP transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer's disease
Key Laboratory for Neurodegenerative Diseases of Ministry of Education, Department of Pharmacology, Xuanwu Hospital of Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Restor Neurol Neurosci 31:41-52. 2013
- Safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics following 4 weeks' treatment with empagliflozin once daily in patients with type 2 diabetes
Profil, Hellersbergstrasse 9, Neuss, Germany
Diabetes Obes Metab 15:613-21. 2013
..To investigate the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of empagliflozin in patients with type 2 diabetes following oral administration of 10, 25 or 100 mg doses once daily over 28 days...
- Anti-inflammatory effect of resveratrol and polydatin by in vitro IL-17 modulation
Institute of Translational Pharmacology IFT, National Council of Research, Rome, Via Fosso del Cavaliere 100, 00173, Rome, Italy
Inflammation 35:240-8. 2012
..This study confirms the anti-inflammatory activity of resveratrol and its derivatives and suggests a potential clinical relevance in the therapy of inflammatory diseases...
- Empagliflozin, a novel potent and selective SGLT-2 inhibitor, improves glycaemic control alone and in combination with insulin in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats, a model of type 1 diabetes mellitus
Department of Cardiometabolic Diseases Research, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, Birkendorfer Strasse 65, Biberach an der Riss, Germany
Diabetes Obes Metab 14:601-7. 2012
..This study investigated effects of the SGLT-2 inhibitor, empagliflozin, alone and in combination with insulin, on glucose homeostasis in an animal model of T1DM...
- Dapagliflozin add-on to metformin in type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled with metformin: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled 102-week trial
Clifford J Bailey
Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
BMC Med 11:43. 2013
..The present study is an extension that was undertaken to evaluate dapagliflozin as long-term therapy in this population...
- Beneficial effects of THSG on acetic acid-induced experimental colitis: involvement of upregulation of PPAR-γ and inhibition of the Nf-Κb inflammatory pathway
Department of Pharmacology, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Molecules 16:8552-68. 2011
..The effect of THSG 60 mg·kg(-1) on PPAR-γ mRNA expression was higher than that of mesalazine. THSG may thus be a promising new candidate or lead compound for the treatment of IBD...
- The maltodextrin transport system and metabolism in Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM and production of novel alpha-glucosides through reverse phosphorolysis by maltose phosphorylase
Enzyme and Protein Chemistry, Department of Systems Biology, Technical University of Denmark, Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
FEBS J 276:7353-65. 2009
- Cardioprotective effect of polydatin against ischemia/reperfusion injury: roles of protein kinase C and mito K(ATP) activation
Institute of Materia Medica, School of Pharmacy, Fourth Military Medical University, 17 Changle West Road, 710032 Xi an, Shaanxi, PR China
Phytomedicine 19:8-12. 2011
..We therefore conclude that PPC exerts cardioprotective effect by the activation of PKC-K(ATP)-dependent signaling and the direct anti-oxidative stress mechanisms...
- Effects of milling and baking technologies on levels of deoxynivalenol and its masked form deoxynivalenol-3-glucoside
Institute of Chemical Technology, Prague, Faculty of Food and Biochemical Technology, Department of Food Chemistry and Analysis, Technicka 3, 166 28 Prague 6, Czech Republic
J Agric Food Chem 59:9303-12. 2011
..Most of these compounds were located in the crust of experimental breads...
- Decreased mitochondrial superoxide levels and enhanced protection against paraquat in Drosophila melanogaster supplemented with Rhodiola rosea
Samuel E Schriner
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Free Radic Res 43:836-43. 2009
..These results present a decrease in endogenous superoxide levels as a possible mode of action for the root extract of R. rosea...
- Anti-HBV active flavone glucosides from Euphorbia humifusa Willd
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, Beijing 100850, PR China
Fitoterapia 81:799-802. 2010
Thirteen flavone glucosides from the herb of Euphorbia humifusa were isolated and elucidated...
- Neuroprotective effects of Salidroside and its analogue tyrosol galactoside against focal cerebral ischemia in vivo and H2O2-induced neurotoxicity in vitro
Tian Yao Shi
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
Neurotox Res 21:358-67. 2012
..This gives a new insight into the development of therapeutic natural antioxidants against oxidative stress...
- Protective effect of salidroside against H2O2-induced cell apoptosis in primary culture of rat hippocampal neurons
Medical School of Soochow University, JS 215123, Suzhou, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Biochem 332:85-93. 2009
..Perhaps, this study might contribute to the development of salidroside as a broad-spectrum agent for preventing and/or treating neuronal damage in neurodegenerative disorders...
- Antiproliferative activity of paeoniflorin is through cell cycle arrest and the Fas/Fas ligand-mediated apoptotic pathway in human non-small cell lung cancer A549 cells
Jen Yu Hung
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 35:141-7. 2008
..4. This is the first study to show that the induction of p21/WAF1 and the activity of the Fas/Fas ligand apoptotic system may participate in the antiproliferative activity of PF in A549 cells...
- Salidroside attenuates glutamate-induced apoptotic cell death in primary cultured hippocampal neurons of rats
Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Neuroregeneration, Nantong University, Nantong, JS, PR China
Brain Res 1238:189-98. 2008
- Protective effects of gastrodin on lead-induced synaptic plasticity deficits in rat hippocampus
Department of Neurobiology and Biophysics, School of Life Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, Anhui, P R China
Planta Med 75:1112-7. 2009
..Therefore, gastrodin may have potential therapeutic value for lead-induced impairments during human developmental stages...
- Polydatin modulates inflammation by decreasing NF-κB activation and oxidative stress by increasing Gli1, Ptch1, SOD1 expression and ameliorates blood-brain barrier permeability for its neuroprotective effect in pMCAO rat brain
Department of Neurology, Second Hospital of Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, Hebei 050000, PR China
Brain Res Bull 87:50-9. 2012
- Observation of T-2 toxin and HT-2 toxin glucosides from Fusarium sporotrichioides by liquid chromatography coupled to tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)
U S Agricultural Research Service, National Center for Agricultural Utilization Department of Agriculture Research, Peoria, IL 61604, USA
Toxins (Basel) 3:1554-68. 2011
..Production of the two glucosides was measured in kernels from wheat and oat inoculated with F...
- Salidroside promotes erythropoiesis and protects erythroblasts against oxidative stress by up-regulating glutathione peroxidase and thioredoxin
Erin Wei Qian
Department of Biochemistry, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong
J Ethnopharmacol 133:308-14. 2011
..Rhodiola rosea is commonly used in China and Tibet folk medicine for the treatment of high altitude sickness, anoxia and mountain malhypoxia...
- Gastrodin decreases immunoreactivities of gamma-aminobutyric acid shunt enzymes in the hippocampus of seizure-sensitive gerbils
Sung Jin An
Department of Anatomy, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Chunchon, South Korea
J Neurosci Res 71:534-43. 2003
..From the neuroanatomical viewpoint, these findings suggest that gastrodin may cause the elevation of GABA concentration by inhibiting the GABA shunt...
- Gastrodin inhibits expression of inducible NO synthase, cyclooxygenase-2 and proinflammatory cytokines in cultured LPS-stimulated microglia via MAPK pathways
Ji Nan Dai
Department of Anatomy, Kunming Medical University, Kunming, Yunnan, China
PLoS ONE 6:e21891. 2011
..The current study investigates the potential mechanisms whereby gastrodin affects the expression of potentially pro-inflammatory proteins by cultured murine microglial BV-2 cells stimulated with lipopolysaccharide (LPS)...
- Protective effects of cyanidin-3-O-glucoside from blackberry extract against peroxynitrite-induced endothelial dysfunction and vascular failure
Dipartimento Clinico e Sperimentale di Medicina e Farmacologia, Torre Biologica, Policlinico Universitario, 98123 Messina, Italy
Life Sci 73:1097-114. 2003
- Anthocyanin enhances adipocytokine secretion and adipocyte-specific gene expression in isolated rat adipocytes
Research Center for Biomarkers of Preventive Medicine, Doshisha University, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto 602 8580, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 316:149-57. 2004
..These data suggest that anthocyanins have a potency of unique therapeutic advantage and also have important implications for preventing obesity and diabetes...
- Protective effects of gastrodin on hypoxia-induced toxicity in primary cultures of rat cortical neurons
Department of Pharmacy, Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, P R China
Planta Med 73:650-4. 2007
..These findings suggest that gastrodin has a neuroprotective action against hypoxia in the cultured cortical neuron, and the mechanism may involve a decreasing of the extracellular glutamate level...
- Sergliflozin etabonate, a selective SGLT2 inhibitor, improves glycemic control in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats and Zucker fatty rats
Development Research R and D, Kissei Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Azumino, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 609:148-54. 2009
..These data indicate that sergliflozin etabonate could improve glycemic control without its use resulting in insulin secretion, hypoglycemia, and body weight gain, and may provide a unique approach to the treatment of diabetes...
- Characterization of the beta-D-glucopyranoside binding site of the human bitter taste receptor hTAS2R16
General Research Institute of Food Science and Technology, Nissin Foods Holdings Co, Ltd, Shiga 525 0058, Japan
J Biol Chem 285:28373-8. 2010
..This study characterizes the molecular interaction between hTAS2R16 and beta-D-glucopyranoside and will also facilitate rational design of bitter blockers...
- Neuroprotective effects of salidroside against beta-amyloid-induced oxidative stress in SH-SY5Y human neuroblastoma cells
Jiangsu Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Key Laboratory of Nuclear Medicine, Ministry of Health, Wuxi, Jiangsu, China
Neurochem Int 57:547-55. 2010
..These results suggest that salidroside has protective effects against Abeta(25-35)-induced oxidative stress, which might be a potential therapeutic agent for treating or preventing neurodegenerative diseases...
- Growth inhibitory activity of cucurbitacin glucosides isolated from Citrullus colocynthis on human breast cancer cells
The Mina and Everard Goodman Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan 52900, Israel
Biochem Pharmacol 73:56-67. 2007
Our aim was to study the effects of cucurbitacin glucosides extracted from Citrullus colocynthis leaves on human breast cancer cell growth. Leaves were extracted, resulting in the identification of cucurbitacin B/E glucosides...
- Antioxidant activity of anthocyanins and their aglycons
Marja P Kähkönen
Department of Applied Chemistry and Microbiology, Division of Food Chemistry, P O Box 27, FIN 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
J Agric Food Chem 51:628-33. 2003
..In LDL the aglycons showed in general higher activities than the glycosides. In bulk oil, to the contrary, the glycosides were more effective than the aglycons...
- Lignan glucosides from Acanthus ilicifolius
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Hiroshima University, Japan
Phytochemistry 56:369-72. 2001
From the aerial part of Acanthus ilicifolius, two lignan glucosides, (+)-lyoniresinol 3a-[2-(3,5-dimethoxy-4-hydroxy)-benzoyl]-O-beta-glucopyranoside, and dihydroxymethyl-bis(3,5-dimethoxy-4-hydroxyphenyl) tetrahydrofuran-9(or 9')-O-beta-..
- New acetophenone glucosides isolated from extracts of Helichrysum italicum with antiinflammatory activity
Departament de Farmacologia, , , , 46100 Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
J Nat Prod 64:1360-2. 2001
Three new acetophenone glucosides (4-6), three known aglycons (1-3), and a benzo-gamma-pyrone glucoside (7) were isolated from the CH(2)Cl(2), EtOAc, and BuOH extracts from the aerial parts of Helichrysum italicum...
- Protective effect of cyanidin 3-O-beta-D-glucoside on ochratoxin A-mediated damage in the rat
Claudia Di Giacomo
Department of Biochemistry, Medical Chemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Catania, Vle A Doria 6, 95100 Catania, Italy
Br J Nutr 98:937-43. 2007
..The present study confirmed that the effects of OTA are mediated by oxidative stress and demonstrated that C3G efficiently counteracted deleterious effects of OTA because of its antioxidant and HO-1-inducing properties...
- Binding of arabinogalactan proteins by Yariv phenylglycoside triggers wound-like responses in Arabidopsis cell cultures
Department of Botany and Plant Sciences, University of California, Riverside, California 92521, USA
Plant Physiol 135:1346-66. 2004
..It remains uncertain whether the Yariv phenylglycoside cross-linking of cell surface AGPs induces these genes through a specific AGP-based signaling mechanism or through a general mechanical perturbation of the cell surface...
- Mulberry anthocyanins, cyanidin 3-rutinoside and cyanidin 3-glucoside, exhibited an inhibitory effect on the migration and invasion of a human lung cancer cell line
Pei Ni Chen
Institute of Biochemistry, Chung Shan Medical University, No 110, Section 1, Chien Kuo N Road, Taichung 402, Taiwan, ROC
Cancer Lett 235:248-59. 2006
..Together, these result suggested that anthocyanins could decrease the in vitro invasiveness of cancer cells and therefore, may be of great value in developing a potential cancer therapy...
- Protection by tetrahydroxystilbene glucoside against cerebral ischemia: involvement of JNK, SIRT1, and NF-kappaB pathways and inhibition of intracellular ROS/RNS generation
Department of Pharmacology, Tongji Medical College, Wuhan, Hubei 430030, China
Free Radic Biol Med 47:229-40. 2009
..Our study indicates that TSG protects against cerebral ischemia/reperfusion injury through multifunctional cytoprotective pathways...
- Preliminary exploration on anti-inflammatory mechanism of Corilagin (beta-1-O-galloyl-3,6-(R)-hexahydroxydiphenoyl-D-glucose) in vitro
Department of Hepatology and Infectious Disease, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, PR China
Int Immunopharmacol 8:1059-64. 2008
..Corilagin possesses a potential anti-inflammatory effect by not only abating inflammatory impairment but also promoting regression of inflammation and has a good prospect to be used in many inflammation-related diseases...
- JBP1 and JBP2 are two distinct thymidine hydroxylases involved in J biosynthesis in genomic DNA of African trypanosomes
Laura J Cliffe
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 37:1452-62. 2009
..Reintroduction of JBP2 in the J-null trypanosome stimulates HOMedU formation and site-specific synthesis of base J. We conclude that JBP2 and JBP1 are the TH enzymes involved in J biosynthesis...
- Anthocyanin supplementation improves serum LDL- and HDL-cholesterol concentrations associated with the inhibition of cholesteryl ester transfer protein in dyslipidemic subjects
Department of Nutrition, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Am J Clin Nutr 90:485-92. 2009
..Anthocyanins have been shown to exert benefits on the lipid profile in many animal models. Whether these molecules have similar beneficial effects in humans is currently unknown...
- A maize QTL for silk maysin levels contains duplicated Myb-homologous genes which jointly regulate flavone biosynthesis
Department of Zoology and Genetics, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Plant Mol Biol 52:1-15. 2003
..These results show that a QTL for flavone biosynthesis actually comprises two tightly linked genes with related functions...
- Arabidopsis sucrose transporter AtSUC9. High-affinity transport activity, intragenic control of expression, and early flowering mutant phenotype
Alicia B Sivitz
Department of Plant Biology, University of Minnesota, St Paul, Minnesota 55108, USA
Plant Physiol 143:188-98. 2007
..025 mm). AtSUC9 showed low substrate specificity, similar to AtSUC2 (At1g22710), and transported a wide range of glucosides, including helicin, salicin, arbutin, maltose, fraxin, esculin, turanose, and alpha-methyl-d-glucose...
- Neuroprotection against cobalt chloride-induced cell apoptosis of primary cultured cortical neurons by salidroside
Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Neuroregeneration, Nantong University, 19 Qixiu Road, Nantong 226001, Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Biochem 354:161-70. 2011
- Effects and mechanisms of total glucosides of paeony on synoviocytes activities in rat collagen-induced arthritis
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Anhui Medical University, Key Laboratory of Anti inflammatory and Immunopharmacology in Anhui Province, Hefei 230032, Anhui Province, China
J Ethnopharmacol 121:43-8. 2009
- Dietary anthocyanins protect endothelial cells against peroxynitrite-induced mitochondrial apoptosis pathway and Bax nuclear translocation: an in vitro approach
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Coimbra, Pólo das Ciências da Saúde, Azinhaga de Santa Comba, 3000 548, Coimbra, Portugal
Apoptosis 16:976-89. 2011
- Neuroprotective effects of salidroside in the PC12 cell model exposed to hypoglycemia and serum limitation
Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Neuroregeneration, Nantong University, Nantong, JS 226001, People s Republic of China
Cell Mol Neurobiol 28:1067-78. 2008
..Our findings might raise a possibility of potential therapeutic applications of salidroside for preventing and treating cerebral ischemic and neurodegenerative diseases...
- Ochratoxin A-induced DNA damage in human fibroblast: protective effect of cyanidin 3-O-beta-d-glucoside
Department of Biochemistry, Medical Chemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Catania, Catania 95100, Italy
J Nutr Biochem 16:31-7. 2005
..C3G (0.125, 0.250 mM) added to the cells treated with 50 microM OTA significantly reduced free radical species production and prevented genomic DNA damage...
- Efficacy and safety of dapagliflozin as a monotherapy for type 2 diabetes mellitus in Japanese patients with inadequate glycaemic control: a phase II multicentre, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Kawasaki Medical School, Okayama, Japan
Diabetes Obes Metab 15:432-40. 2013
..This study assessed the efficacy and safety of dapagliflozin monotherapy in Japanese T2DM patients with inadequate glycaemic control...
- Structural analysis of novel bioactive acylated steryl glucosides in pre-germinated brown rice bran
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
J Lipid Res 49:2188-96. 2008
..report on the isolation and structural characterization of the activator lipids from PR bran as acylated steryl glucosides (ASGs)...
- Validated HPLC method for the standardization of Phyllanthus niruri (herb and commercial extracts) using corilagin as a phytochemical marker
Instituto de Quimica, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Araraquara, SP, Brazil
Biomed Chromatogr 23:573-80. 2009
..The method may be applied in the standardization of herbs and phytomedicines commercialized in Brazil as quebra-pedra...
- A novel approach to control hyperglycemia in type 2 diabetes: sodium glucose co-transport (SGLT) inhibitors: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized trials
Gradenigo Hospital, Turin, Italy
Ann Med 44:375-93. 2012
..Current treatment of hyperglycemia in type 2 diabetes (T2DM) is often ineffective and has unwanted effects. Therefore, novel antidiabetic drugs are under development...
- Galloyl, caffeoyl and hexahydroxydiphenoyl esters of dihydrochalcone glucosides from Balanophora tobiracola
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki University, 1 14 Bunkyo machi, Nagasaki 852 8521, Japan
Phytochemistry 66:675-81. 2005
Seven galloyl, caffeoyl and (S)-hexahydroxydiphenoyl (HHDP) esters of dihydrochalcone glucosides were isolated from Balanophora tobiracola; based on spectroscopic and chemical evidence, their structures were determined to be 6''-O-galloyl-..
- Effects of naturally occurring glucosides, solasodine glucosides, ginsenosides and parishin derivatives on multidrug resistance of lymphoma cells and leukocyte functions
Institute of Microbiology, University of Szeged, Faculty of Medicine, Dom ter 10, 6720 Szeged, Hungary
In Vivo 15:151-6. 2001
..However, ginsenosides Rc, Rd and parishin C were able to moderately reduce the activity of the efflux pump. Parishin, parishin C and crude extract significantly enhanced the ADCC reaction...
- Click to a focused library of benzyl 6-triazolo(hydroxy)benzoic glucosides: novel construction of PTP1B inhibitors on a sugar scaffold
School of Pharmacy, and Key Laboratory for Advanced Material and Fine Chemicals, East China University of Science and Technology, 130 Meilong Road, Shanghai 200237, PR China
Eur J Med Chem 46:4212-8. 2011
..phosphatase (PTP) 1B inhibitors based on sugar scaffolds, a focused library of benzyl 6-triazolo(hydroxy)benzoic glucosides was efficiently constructed via the modular and selective Cu(I)-catalyzed azide-alkyne 1,3-dipolar cycloaddtion (..
- Paeoniflorin suppress NF-kappaB activation through modulation of I kappaB alpha and enhances 5-fluorouracil-induced apoptosis in human gastric carcinoma cells
Department of Oncology, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, 300 Guangzhou Road, Nanjing 210029, Jiangsu Province, PR China
Biomed Pharmacother 62:659-66. 2008
..We sought to determine whether paeoniflorin enhances 5-fluorouracil-induced apoptosis in human gastric carcinoma cells, and, if so, to determine the relationship between this apoptosis and NF-kappaB activation...
- Salidroside induces cell-cycle arrest and apoptosis in human breast cancer cells
Department of Pathology and Pathophysiology, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 398:62-7. 2010
..Our results demonstrated for the first time that salidroside induces cell-cycle arrest and apoptosis in human breast cancer cells and may be a promising candidate for breast cancer treatment...
- Ursolic acid and luteolin-7-glucoside improve lipid profiles and increase liver glycogen content through glycogen synthase kinase-3
Marisa F Azevedo
CBMA Centre of Molecular and Environmental Biology Department of Biology, University of Minho, Campus de Gualtar, Braga, Portugal
Phytother Res 24:S220-4. 2010
- Deoxynivalenol, deoxynivalenol-3-glucoside, and enniatins: the major mycotoxins found in cereal-based products on the Czech market
Department of Food Chemistry and Analysis, Faculty of Food and Biochemical Technology, Institute of Chemical Technology Prague, Technicka 3, 166 28 Prague 6, Czech Republic
J Agric Food Chem 59:12990-7. 2011
..Enniatin A1 was found only in 44% of samples at levels ranging between 8 and 851 μg/kg...
- Polydatin protects learning and memory impairments in a rat model of vascular dementia
Run Ping Li
Department of Diving Medicine, Faculty of Naval Medicine, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China
Phytomedicine 19:677-81. 2012
..These results suggest that polydatin exhibit therapeutic potential for vascular dementia, which is most likely related, at least in part, to its anti-oxidant activity and the direct protection of neurons...