Genomes and Genes
Summary: A blood plasma glycoprotein that mediates cell adhesion and interacts with proteins of the complement, coagulation, and fibrinolytic cascade. (From Segen, Dictionary of Modern Medicine, 1992)
Publications339 found, 100 shown here
- Recombinant vitronectin is a functionally defined substrate that supports human embryonic stem cell self-renewal via alphavbeta5 integrinStefan R Braam
Leiden University Medical Centre, Postal Zone S 1 P, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Stem Cells 26:2257-65. 2008..Cells attached efficiently to natural human vitronectin, fibronectin, and Matrigel but poorly to laminin + entactin and collagen IV...
- Vitronectin in bacterial pathogenesis: a host protein used in complement escape and cellular invasionBirendra Singh
Medical Microbiology, Department of Laboratory Medicine Malmö, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Mol Microbiol 78:545-60. 2010The multifunctional human glycoprotein vitronectin (Vn) plays a significant role in cell migration, tissue repair and regulation of membrane attack complex (MAC) formation...
- The initial steps of ovarian cancer cell metastasis are mediated by MMP-2 cleavage of vitronectin and fibronectinHilary A Kenny
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Section of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Clin Invest 118:1367-79. 2008..MMP-2 enhanced peritoneal adhesion of OvCa cells through cleavage of ECM proteins fibronectin (FN) and vitronectin (Vn) into small fragments and increased binding of OvCa cells to these FN and Vn fragments and their receptors, ..
- Effect of hypoxia on cellular adhesion to vitronectin and fibronectinG E Lash
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, K7L 3N6, Canada
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 287:622-9. 2001..activator (uPA) system on the adhesion of trophoblast and breast carcinoma cells to the ECM molecules vitronectin and fibronectin...
- The choline-binding protein PspC of Streptococcus pneumoniae interacts with the C-terminal heparin-binding domain of vitronectinSylvia Voss
Department of Genetics of Microorganisms, Interfaculty Institute for Genetics and Functional Genomics, University of Greifswald, D 17487 Greifswald, Germany
J Biol Chem 288:15614-27. 2013..Pneumococci engage vitronectin, the human adhesive glycoprotein and complement inhibitor, to facilitate attachment to epithelial cells of the ..
- Involvement of vitronectin in lipopolysaccaride-induced acute lung injuryYuko Tsuruta
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Immunol 179:7079-86. 2007b>Vitronectin is present in large concentrations in serum and participates in regulation of humoral responses, including coagulation, fibrinolysis, and complement activation...
- Regulation of integrin function by the urokinase receptorY Wei
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 273:1551-5. 1996..formed stable complexes that both inhibited native integrin adhesive function and promoted adhesion to vitronectin via a ligand binding site on uPAR...
- Extracellular matrix remodeling by human granzyme B via cleavage of vitronectin, fibronectin, and lamininMarguerite S Buzza
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University, Clayton 3800, Australia
J Biol Chem 280:23549-58. 2005..revealed that GrB efficiently cleaves three proteins involved in extracellular matrix structure and function: vitronectin, fibronectin, and laminin...
- The desmosomal armadillo protein plakoglobin regulates prostate cancer cell adhesion and motility through vitronectin-dependent Src signalingCarrie A Franzen
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e42132. 2012..PG silencing resulted in elevated levels of the ECM protein vitronectin (VN), and exposing PG-expressing cells to VN induced Src activity...
- The extracellular matrix affects axonal regeneration in peripheral neuropathiesS C Previtali
Department of Neurology and INSPE, Neuropathology Unit, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 60, 20132 Milano, Italy
Neurology 71:322-31. 2008..Recent evidence in animal models suggests that components of the extracellular matrix (ECM) play a primary role in peripheral nerve degeneration and regeneration...
- Expression, regulation, and function of alpha V integrins in hepatocellular carcinoma: an in vivo and in vitro studyMimoun Nejjari
Unité INSERM U45, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
Hepatology 36:418-26. 2002..The most characteristic extracellular ligands of alpha V integrins are vitronectin and fibronectin...
- A novel group of Moraxella catarrhalis UspA proteins mediates cellular adhesion via CEACAMs and vitronectinDarryl J Hill
School of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e45452. 2012..with the CEACAM-binding domain enable Mx to bind both to cell surface CEACAMs and to integrins, the latter via vitronectin. Such properties of UspA2/2V have not been reported to date...
- Myosin light chain kinase functions downstream of Ras/ERK to promote migration of urokinase-type plasminogen activator-stimulated cells in an integrin-selective mannerD H Nguyen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Cell Biol 146:149-64. 1999..The uPA-induced increase in MCF-7 cell migration was observed selectively on vitronectin-coated surfaces and was mediated by a beta1-integrin (probably alphaVbeta1) and alphaVbeta5...
- Vitronectin and thrombospondin promote retinal neurite outgrowth: developmental regulation and role of integrinsK M Neugebauer
Department of Physiology, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0724
Neuron 6:345-58. 1991..In this paper, the ECM glycoprotein vitronectin was identified and localized in the embryonic chick neuroretina...
- Fibronectin, laminin, vitronectin and their receptors at newly-formed capillaries in proliferative diabetic retinopathyR P Casaroli Marano
Department of Biochemistry and Physiology, University of Barcelona, Spain
Exp Eye Res 60:5-17. 1995..immunocytochemistry, we have studied changes in the distribution pattern of fibronectin (FN), laminin (LN), vitronectin (VN) and their receptors in the newly-formed capillaries of PDR...
- Vitronectin in vascular context: facets of a multitalented matricellular proteinKlaus T Preissner
Department of Biochemistry, Medical School, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Semin Thromb Hemost 37:408-24. 2011b>Vitronectin is an abundant adhesive glycoprotein in blood plasma and is found associated with different extracellular matrix sites, the vessel wall, and tumor cells, particularly upon tissue remodeling, injury/repair, or under disease ..
- Mechanisms of integrin-vascular endothelial growth factor receptor cross-activation in angiogenesisGanapati H Mahabeleshwar
Department of Molecular Cardiology, The Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Circ Res 101:570-80. 2007....
- Vitronectin and its receptorsB Felding Habermann
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037
Curr Opin Cell Biol 5:864-8. 1993The extracellular matrix protein vitronectin is recognized as an adhesive substrate by cells expressing at least one of four known vitronectin receptors: integrins alpha v beta 1, alpha v beta 3, alpha v beta 5 or alpha IIb beta 3...
- Fibronectin- and vitronectin-induced microglial activation and matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression is mediated by integrins alpha5beta1 and alphavbeta5Richard Milner
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, 20550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Immunol 178:8158-67. 2007..the blood-brain barrier is compromised, which leads to deposition of the plasma proteins fibronectin and vitronectin in cerebral parenchyma...
- Long term culture of human embryonic stem cells on recombinant vitronectin in ascorbate free mediaAndrew B J Prowse
The Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Biomaterials 31:8281-8. 2010..In this work we have investigated the applicability of a recombinantly produced domain of human vitronectin as an extracellular matrix alternative to the common standards Geltrex or Matrigel...
- Roles of integrins in human induced pluripotent stem cell growth on Matrigel and vitronectinTeisha J Rowland
Center for Stem Cell Biology and Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara, California 93106, USA
Stem Cells Dev 19:1231-40. 2010..Integrin function was investigated in iPSCs cultured without feeder layers on Matrigel or vitronectin, in comparison to human embryonic stem cells...
- A signaling pathway from the alpha5beta1 and alpha(v)beta3 integrins that elevates bcl-2 transcriptionM L Matter
Cancer Research Center, The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 276:27757-63. 2001..we show that bcl-2 transcription is elevated in cells that attach to fibronectin through alpha(v)beta1 or to vitronectin through alpha(v)beta3 but is not elevated in cells attaching through the alpha(v)beta1 integrin...
- The serpin PAI-1 inhibits cell migration by blocking integrin alpha V beta 3 binding to vitronectinS Stefansson
Biochemistry Department, J H Holland Laboratory, American Red Cross, Rockville, Maryland 20855, USA
Nature 383:441-3. 1996During wound healing, migrating cells increase expression of both the vitronectin receptor (VNR) integrins and plasminogen activators...
- Identification of vitronectin as an extrinsic inducer of cancer stem cell differentiation and tumor formationElaine M Hurt
Cancer Stem Cell Section, Laboratory of Cancer Prevention, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, Maryland, USA
Stem Cells 28:390-8. 2010..Here we show that vitronectin is the component of human serum driving stem cell differentiation through an integrin alpha V beta 3-dependent ..
- Increased vitronectin production by complement-stimulated human retinal pigment epithelial cellsSusanne Wasmuth
Department of Ophthalmology, St Franziskus Hospital, Ophtha Lab, Muenster, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:5304-9. 2009..Drusen and basal laminar deposits are hallmarks of this AMD manifestation that contain vitronectin as a major component...
- The plasminogen activation system in tumor growth, invasion, and metastasisP A Andreasen
Department of Molecular and Structural Biology, Aarhus University, Denmark
Cell Mol Life Sci 57:25-40. 2000..The increased knowledge about the plasminogen activation system may allow utilization of its components as targets for anti-invasive therapy...
- The interaction between urokinase receptor and vitronectin in cell adhesion and signallingChris D Madsen
FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology, Via Adamello, 16, I 20139 Milan, Italy
Eur J Cell Biol 87:617-29. 2008..role in ECM degradation, uPAR modulates cell-matrix contact through a direct engagement with the ECM component, vitronectin (Vn), and by regulating the activity state of integrins thus promoting or inhibiting integrin signalling and ..
- Neisseria meningitidis Opc invasin binds to the sulphated tyrosines of activated vitronectin to attach to and invade human brain endothelial cellsClaudia Sa E Cunha
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
PLoS Pathog 6:e1000911. 2010..bacteria can increase human brain endothelial cell line (HBMEC) adhesion and entry by first binding to serum vitronectin and, to a lesser extent, fibronectin...
- TLR3 activation inhibits human mast cell attachment to fibronectin and vitronectinM Kulka
Allergy Immunology Division, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 240 E Huron McGaw Pavilion 2305, Chicago, IL, USA
Mol Immunol 43:1579-86. 2006..affect mast cells via an influence on adhesion, we employed huMC; and as substrates, fibronectin (FN) and vitronectin (VN). huMC were thus treated with double-stranded RNA (dsRNA) and adhesion to ECM was quantified...
- Integrin-associated protein immunoglobulin domain is necessary for efficient vitronectin bead bindingF P Lindberg
Department of Infectious Diseases, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Cell Biol 134:1313-22. 1996Integrin-associated protein (IAP/CD47) is physically associated with the alpha v beta 3 vitronectin (Vn) receptor and a functionally and immunologically related integrin on neutrophils (PMN) and monocytes...
- Integrin-linked kinase is required for vitronectin-mediated internalization of Streptococcus pneumoniae by host cellsSimone Bergmann
Max von Pettenkofer Institute for Hygiene and Medical Microbiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Pettenkoferstrasse 9a, 80336 Munchen, Germany
J Cell Sci 122:256-67. 2009..Here, we characterized the interaction of pneumococci with the adhesive glycoprotein vitronectin and the contribution of this protein to pneumococcal uptake by host cells in an integrin-dependent manner...
- Integrins are required for the differentiation of visceral endodermJie Liu
Department of Surgery, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ 08903, USA
J Cell Sci 122:233-42. 2009..The mutant endoderm cells failed to spread on BM substrates, but could spread on vitronectin, which induced upregulation of alphavbeta3 integrin and integrin-dependent GATA4 nuclear translocation...
- A chimeric vitronectin: IGF-I protein supports feeder-cell-free and serum-free culture of human embryonic stem cellsKerry J Manton
Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology, Kelvin Grove, Australia
Stem Cells Dev 19:1297-305. 2010..Our laboratory has discovered that insulin-like growth factor (IGF) and vitronectin (VN) bind to each other resulting in synergistic short-term functional effects in several cell types, including ..
- Haemophilus influenzae protein E binds to the extracellular matrix by concurrently interacting with laminin and vitronectinTeresia Hallström
Medical Microbiology, Department of Laboratory Medicine Malmö, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
J Infect Dis 204:1065-74. 2011..Protein E (PE) is a recently characterized ubiquitous 16 kDa adhesin with vitronectin-binding capacity that results in increased survival in serum...
- Plasma vitronectin levels in patients with coronary atherosclerosis are increased and correlate with extent of diseaseHakan Ekmekci
Department of Biochemistry, Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
J Thromb Thrombolysis 14:221-5. 2002..b>Vitronectin (VN) is multifunctional glycoprotein in blood and in the extracellular matrix...
- Vitronectin-αvβ3 integrin engagement directs hypoxia-resistant mTOR activity and sustained protein synthesis linked to invasion by breast cancer cellsCarolina Pola
Department of Microbiology and Radiation Oncology, and NYU Cancer Institute, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Cancer Res 73:4571-8. 2013..show that breast cancer cells expressing integrin αvβ3, when engaging the extracellular matrix (ECM) protein vitronectin, strongly upregulate both mTOR activity and cap-dependent mRNA translation, which overrides their inhibition by ..
- Microglia are the major source of TNF-α and TGF-β1 in postnatal glial cultures; regulation by cytokines, lipopolysaccharide, and vitronectinJennifer V Welser-Alves
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Neurochem Int 63:47-53. 2013..not astrocytes, produce TNF-α, and that this expression is increased by LPS, IFN-γ, and to a lesser extent by vitronectin, but decreased by TGF-β1...
- Fibrin-incorporated vitronectin is involved in platelet adhesion and thrombus formation through homotypic interactions with platelet-associated vitronectinYa Ping Wu
Department of Nephrology C3P25, University Medical Centre, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
Blood 104:1034-41. 2004When a blood clot is formed, vitronectin (VN) is incorporated. Here we studied the consequence of VN incorporation for platelet interactions under flow...
- The CK2 phosphorylation of vitronectin. Promotion of cell adhesion via the alpha(v)beta 3-phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathwayD Seger
Department of Biological Regulation, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot IL-76100, Israel
J Biol Chem 276:16998-7006. 2001Phosphorylation of vitronectin (Vn) by casein kinase II was previously shown to occur at Thr50 and Thr57 and to augment a major physiological function of vitronectin-cell adhesion and spreading...
- The effect of vitronectin on the differentiation of embryonic stem cells in a 3D culture systemSepideh Heydarkhan-Hagvall
Cardiovascular Tissue Engineering Laboratory, Dept of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, 62 151 CHS, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1741, USA
Biomaterials 33:2032-40. 2012..We have investigated the effect of collagen IV, fibronectin, laminin and vitronectin on the adhesion and proliferation of murine ES cells as well as the effects of these proteins on the number of ..
- Integrins alpha v beta 3 and alpha v beta 5 contribute to cell attachment to vitronectin but differentially distribute on the cell surfaceE A Wayner
Oncogen, Seattle, Washington 98121
J Cell Biol 113:919-29. 1991We investigated the role of the integrins alpha v beta 3 and alpha v beta 5 in mediating vitronectin adhesion of three phenotypically distinct cell types...
- Crystal structures of two human vitronectin, urokinase and urokinase receptor complexesQing Huai
Division of Hemostasis and Thrombosis, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 15:422-3. 2008..This study reports the crystal structures of uPAR in complex with both urokinase (uPA) and vitronectin and reveal that uPA occupies the central cavity of the receptor, whereas vitronectin binds at the outer side of ..
- Localization of protein kinase A and vitronectin in resting platelets and their translocation onto fibrin fibers during clot formationE Morgenstern
Department of Medical Biology, Saarland University, Homburg-Saar/Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 80:87-98. 2001..In human blood, this kinase singles out and phosphorylates vitronectin (Vn), a multifunctional regulatory protein, which was proposed to play an important role in the control of ..
- Fibronectin and vitronectin induce AP-1-mediated matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression through integrin α(5)β(1)/α(v)β(3)-dependent Akt, ERK and JNK signaling pathways in human umbilical vein endothelial cellsYoung June Jin
Medical and Bio material Research Center, Kangwon National University, Kangwon Do, Republic of Korea
Cell Signal 23:125-34. 2011..Among the ECM molecules examined, fibronectin (FN) and vitronectin (VN) increased the expression and activity of MMP-9 in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs)...
- Vitronectin and collagen I differentially regulate osteogenesis in mesenchymal stem cellsAnup K Kundu
Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, University of California, Irvine, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 347:347-57. 2006..To investigate this question, we cultured MSCs on purified vitronectin or type-I collagen, motivated by our earlier tissue engineering work demonstrating that MSC adhesion to polymer ..
- The effect of the surface modification of titanium using a recombinant fragment of fibronectin and vitronectin on cell behaviorYoung Ku
Intellectual Biointerface Engineering Center and Department of Periodontology, Seoul National University College of Dentistry, Seoul 110 768, Korea
Biomaterials 26:5153-7. 2005..Fibronectin (FN) and vitronectin (VN) are major cell adhesive proteins found in the extracellular matrix (ECM) of various tissues, and in ..
- Propolis modulates vitronectin, laminin, and heparan sulfate/heparin expression during experimental burn healingPaweł Olczyk
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Diagnostics, Medical University of Silesia, 41 200 Sosnowiec, Poland
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 13:932-41. 2012This study was aimed at assessing the dynamics of vitronectin (VN), laminin (LN), and heparan sulfate/heparin (HS/HP) content changes during experimental burn healing.
- Promotion of leukocyte adhesion by a novel interaction between vitronectin and the beta2 integrin Mac-1 (alphaMbeta2, CD11b/CD18)Sandip M Kanse
Institute for Biochemistry, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:2251-6. 2004..b>Vitronectin (VN) is an adhesion-promoting factor that is abundantly present as matrix molecule in vascular diseases such as ..
- Human pilot studies reveal the potential of a vitronectin: growth factor complex as a treatment for chronic woundsZee Upton
Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Int Wound J 8:522-32. 2011..We report herein that a clinical Good Manufacturing Practice-grade vitronectin:growth factor (cVN:GF) complex is able to stimulate functions relevant to wound repair in vitro, such as ..
- Binding of vitronectin by the Moraxella catarrhalis UspA2 protein interferes with late stages of the complement cascadeAhmed S Attia
Department of Microbiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9048, USA
Infect Immun 74:1597-611. 2006..These same three wild-type strains bound more vitronectin than did their uspA2 mutants...
- The poliovirus receptor CD155 mediates cell-to-matrix contacts by specifically binding to vitronectinR Lange
Department of Tumor and Immunogenetics, Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, Berlin, 13092, Germany
Virology 285:218-27. 2001..Here we provide evidence that CD155 binds specifically to vitronectin with a dissociation constant (K(d)) of 72 nM as determined by surface plasmon resonance...
- Mimicry of the regulatory role of urokinase in lamellipodia formation by introduction of a non-native interdomain disulfide bond in its receptorHenrik Gardsvoll
Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet and Biotech Research and Innovation Centre, Copenhagen Biocenter, Ole Maaløes Vej 5, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
J Biol Chem 286:43515-26. 2011..uPAR) plays a regulatory role for both extravascular fibrinolysis and uPAR-mediated adhesion and migration on vitronectin-coated surfaces...
- Expression of alphav integrins and vitronectin receptor identity in breast cancer cellsT Meyer
Richard Dimbleby Department of Cancer Research, St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Br J Cancer 77:530-6. 1998..We show that the classical vitronectin receptor alphavbeta3 is expressed in only one cell line (MDA-MB-231), whereas alphavbeta5 is expressed on all ..
- Detection of vitronectin mRNA in tissues and cells of the mouseD Seiffert
Committee on Vascular Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:9402-6. 1991Mouse vitronectin (Vn) was isolated from serum by heparin affinity chromatography...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 and vitronectin promote the cellular clearance of thrombin by low density lipoprotein receptor-related proteins 1 and 2S Stefansson
Biochemistry Department, J H Holland Laboratory, American Red Cross, Rockville, Maryland 20855, USA
J Biol Chem 271:8215-20. 1996..alone, a poor solution phase inhibitor of thrombin, can efficiently inhibit thrombin in the presence of native vitronectin (VN)...
- The integrin alphavbeta6 is critical for keratinocyte migration on both its known ligand, fibronectin, and on vitronectinX Huang
Lung Biology Center, Cardiovascular Research Institute, Center for Occupational and Environmental Health and Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
J Cell Sci 111:2189-95. 1998..Interestingly, keratinocytes from beta6-/- mice also demonstrated markedly reduced migration on vitronectin, a protein not previously known to be a ligand for alphavbeta6...
- Substrate-bound insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I-IGF binding protein-vitronectin-stimulated breast cell migration is enhanced by coactivation of the phosphatidylinositide 3-Kinase/AKT pathway by alphav-integrins and the IGF-I receptorBrett G Hollier
Tissue Repair and Regeneration ProgramInstitute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology, 60 Musk Avenue, Kelvin Grove, Queensland 4059, Australia
Endocrinology 149:1075-90. 2008IGF-I can bind to the extracellular matrix protein vitronectin (VN) through the involvement of IGF-binding proteins-2, -3, -4, and -5...
- Integrin αvβ3 promotes vitronectin gene expression in human ovarian cancer cells by implicating rel transcription factorsUte Reuning
Clinical Research Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaninger Str 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
J Cell Biochem 112:1909-19. 2011We previously showed that integrin αvβ3 expression upon engagement by its major ligand vitronectin (VN) correlated with enhanced human ovarian cancer cell adhesion, motility, and proliferation, by triggering intracellular signaling ..
- The alphavbeta5 integrin functions as an endocytic receptor for vitronectinL M Memmo
Cell and Molecular Biology Program, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
J Cell Sci 111:425-33. 1998Endocytosis and degradation of vitronectin by human skin fibroblasts are regulated by the beta5 integrin...
- Vitronectin stabilizes thrombi and vessel occlusion but plays a dual role in platelet aggregationA Reheman
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Thromb Haemost 3:875-83. 2005The role of vitronectin (Vn) in thrombosis is currently controversial; both inhibitory and supportive roles have been reported...
- Identification and characterization of genes associated with human hepatocellular carcinogenesisN Kondoh
Department of Biochemistry II, National Defense Medical College, Saitama, Japan
Cancer Res 59:4990-6. 1999..ribosomal phosphoprotein P0 (rpP0), dek, insulin-like growth factor binding protein (IGFBP) 1, vitronectin, retinoic acid-induced gene E (RIG-E), and CYP3A4 (cytochrome P450 nifedipine oxidase) were identified as ..
- Developmental expression of prion protein and its ligands stress-inducible protein 1 and vitronectinGlaucia N M Hajj
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, São Paulo 01323 903, Brazil
J Comp Neurol 517:371-84. 2009..interaction with the secreted protein stress-inducible protein 1 (STI1) and the extracellular matrix protein vitronectin (Vn)...
- Vitronectin and integrin vitronectin receptor localization in multiple sclerosis lesionsR A Sobel
Pathology Service, Palo Alto Veterans Administration Medical Center, CA 94304
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 54:202-13. 1995b>Vitronectin (Vn) is a multifunctional plasma and extracellular matrix glycoprotein involved in cell attachment, coagulation, phagocytosis, and the protection of bystander cells from complement- and T cell-mediated lysis...
- Functional role of death-associated protein 3 (DAP3) in anoikisTadaaki Miyazaki
The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 279:44667-72. 2004..Involvement of DAP3 in anoikis signaling demonstrates a novel role for this GTP-binding protein in apoptosis induction caused by cell detachment...
- P21-activated kinase 4 interacts with integrin alpha v beta 5 and regulates alpha v beta 5-mediated cell migrationHongquan Zhang
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Microbiology, Pathology, and Immunology, SE 141 86 Huddinge, Sweden
J Cell Biol 158:1287-97. 2002..Importantly, engagement of integrin alpha v beta 5 by cell attachment to vitronectin led to a redistribution of PAK4 from the cytosol to dynamic lamellipodial structures where PAK4 colocalized ..
- The role of alpha(v)beta(3) in prostate cancer progressionCarlton R Cooper
Department of Internal Medicine, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Neoplasia 4:191-4. 2002..cancer metastasis to bone by mediating prostate cancer cell adhesion to and migration on osteopontin and vitronectin, which are common proteins in the bone microenvironment...
- Rac mediates cytoskeletal rearrangements and increased cell motility induced by urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor binding to vitronectinL Kjøller
Medical Research Council Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology, Cancer Research Campaign Oncogene and Signal Transduction Group, University College London, United Kingdom
J Cell Biol 152:1145-57. 2001..are independent of uPA and activation of the RGD-binding activity of integrins but require uPAR binding to vitronectin (VN)...
- Junctional adhesion molecule-A-induced endothelial cell migration on vitronectin is integrin alpha v beta 3 specificMeghna U Naik
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716, USA
J Cell Sci 119:490-9. 2006..expressed in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs), JAM-A induced enhanced cell migration on vitronectin, but had no effect on fibronectin...
- Nano-topography sensing by osteoclastsDafna Geblinger
Department of Structural Biology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Cell Sci 123:1503-10. 2010..The mechanisms whereby the physical properties of the substrate influence osteoclast behavior and their involvement in osteoclast function are discussed...
- Coordination between extrinsic extracellular matrix cues and intrinsic responses to orient the centrosome in polarizing cerebellar granule neuronsShailesh Kumar Gupta
National Brain Research Center, Manesar, Haryana 122 050, India
J Neurosci 30:2755-66. 2010..The results show that, when laminin and/or vitronectin are used as spatially restricted cues in association with substrate-associated sonic hedgehog, they are ..
- Plasmin and plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 promote cellular motility by regulating the interaction between the urokinase receptor and vitronectinD A Waltz
Division of Respiratory Diseases, Children s Hospital, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 100:58-67. 1997..coordinates plasmin-mediated cell-surface proteolysis and promotes cellular adhesion via a binding site for vitronectin on uPAR...
- Cerebral microenvironment influences expression of the vitronectin gene in astrocytic tumorsC L Gladson
Department of Pathology Division of Neuropathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham 35294, USA
J Cell Sci 108:947-56. 1995Expression of the vitronectin gene was detected in advanced human astrocytoma by in situ hybridization, whereas vitronectin mRNA was undetectable in low grade tumors or in normal adult brain, indicating that vitronectin is a marker of ..
- Mechanisms of enhanced osteoblast adhesion on nanophase alumina involve vitronectinT J Webster
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York, USA
Tissue Eng 7:291-301. 2001The role, including concentration, conformation, and bioactivity, of adsorbed vitronectin in enhancing osteoblast adhesion on nanophase alumina was investigated in the present study...
- Vitronectin--a major cell attachment-promoting protein in fetal bovine serumE G Hayman
Exp Cell Res 160:245-58. 1985..cell attachment protein in bovine serum and present the evidence that this molecule is the bovine equivalent of vitronectin. The molecular size of this protein is in the same range as the size of the adhesive human plasma protein, ..
- Conformational regulation of urokinase receptor function: impact of receptor occupancy and epitope-mapped monoclonal antibodies on lamellipodia inductionHenrik Gardsvoll
Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet section 3735, Copenhagen Biocenter, Ole Maaløes Vej 5, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
J Biol Chem 286:33544-56. 2011..Distinct from this function, uPAR also modulates cell adhesion and migration on vitronectin-rich matrices...
- Vitronectin concentrations predict risk in patients undergoing coronary stentingWolfgang Derer
Berlin Buch, Franz Volhard Klinik Berlin, Germany
Circ Cardiovasc Interv 2:14-9. 2009b>Vitronectin is a multifunctional protein with a multiple binding domain that interacts with a variety of plasma and cell proteins. Vitronectin binds multiple ligands, including the soluble vitronectin receptor...
- Integrin activation controls metastasis in human breast cancerB Felding-Habermann
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:1853-8. 2001..Consequently, alterations within tumors that lead to the aberrant control of integrin activation are expected to adversely affect the course of human breast cancer...
- Insulin-like growth factor-I:vitronectin complex-induced changes in gene expression effect breast cell survival and migrationAbhishek S Kashyap
Tissue Repair and Regeneration Program, Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology, Kelvin Grove, 4059, Queensland, Australia
Endocrinology 152:1388-401. 2011Recent studies have demonstrated that IGF-I associates with vitronectin (VN) through IGF-binding proteins (IGFBP), which in turn modulate IGF-stimulated biological functions such as cell proliferation, attachment, and migration...
- Mapping of the vitronectin-binding site on the urokinase receptor: involvement of a coherent receptor interface consisting of residues from both domain I and the flanking interdomain linker regionHenrik Gardsvoll
Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen Biocenter, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
J Biol Chem 282:13561-72. 2007..In contrast, the structural basis for the interaction between uPAR and the extracellular matrix protein vitronectin, which is involved in the regulation of cell adhesion and motility, remains to be clarified...
- Novel hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) binding domains on fibronectin and vitronectin coordinate a distinct and amplified Met-integrin induced signalling pathway in endothelial cellsSalman Rahman
Coagulation Research Laboratory, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, GKT School of Medicine, St, Thomas Hospital, London, UK
BMC Cell Biol 6:8. 2005..Signals emanating from growth factors and the extracellular matrix are important in regulating these processes...
- Meningococcal surface fibril (Msf) binds to activated vitronectin and inhibits the terminal complement pathway to increase serum resistanceNatalie J Griffiths
Schools of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
Mol Microbiol 82:1129-49. 2011..Previously, we have shown that Nm Opc binds to serum vitronectin to inhibit complement-mediated killing...
- Vitronectin in the cirrhotic liver: an immunomarker of mature fibrosisG K Koukoulis
Department of Pathology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Hum Pathol 32:1356-62. 2001b>Vitronectin (Vn) is a multifunctional plasma glycoprotein produced by hepatocytes. Vn has been studied extensively as a cell adhesion molecule...
- Inhibition of HIV replication by the plasminogen activator is dependent on vitronectin-mediated cell adhesionChiara Elia
DIBIT, AIDS Immunopathogenesis Unit, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina, 58, 20132, Milan, Italy
J Leukoc Biol 82:1212-20. 2007..Moreover, U1 cells were also maintained in the presence or absence of vitronectin (VN)-containing sera or serum from VN(-/-) mice...
- Cytokines regulate microglial adhesion to laminin and astrocyte extracellular matrix via protein kinase C-dependent activation of the alpha6beta1 integrinRichard Milner
Department of Neuropharmacology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Neurosci 22:1562-72. 2002..On specific ECM substrates the microglia adhered strongly to fibronectin, vitronectin, and plastic but only weakly to laminin...
- Cross-talk between fMLP and vitronectin receptors triggered by urokinase receptor-derived SRSRY peptideLucia Gargiulo
Department of Experimental Oncology, National Cancer Institute, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Biol Chem 280:25225-32. 2005..Cell exposure to SRSRY peptide promotes directional migration on vitronectin-coated filters, regardless of uPAR expression, in a specific and dose-dependent manner, with maximal effect at ..
- Localization of the domains of the Haemophilus ducreyi trimeric autotransporter DsrA involved in serum resistance and binding to the extracellular matrix proteins fibronectin and vitronectinIsabelle Leduc
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7031, USA
Infect Immun 77:657-66. 2009..DsrA also functions as an adhesin for the extracellular matrix proteins fibronectin and vitronectin and mediates attachment of H. ducreyi to keratinocytes...
- Vitronectin and its receptors partly mediate adhesion of ovarian cancer cells to peritoneal mesothelium in vitroLoraine Heyman
ERRMECe, EA 1391, UFR Sciences et Techniques, Cergy Pontoise, France
Tumour Biol 29:231-44. 2008..The aim of our study was to focus on the role of vitronectin (Vn) and its receptors, alpha(v) integrins and urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR), in the ..
- Absence of the alpha v beta 3 integrin dictates the time-course of angiogenesis in the hypoxic central nervous system: accelerated endothelial proliferation correlates with compensatory increases in alpha 5 beta 1 integrin expressionLongxuan Li
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 30:1031-43. 2010..alpha v beta 3 integrin was strongly induced on angiogenic brain endothelial cells (BEC), along with its ligand vitronectin. In the hypoxia model, beta 3 integrin-null mice showed no obvious defect in cerebral angiogenesis...
- Vitronectin inhibits plasminogen activator inhibitor-1-induced signalling and chemotaxis by blocking plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 binding to the low-density lipoprotein receptor-related proteinYuichi Kamikubo
Department of Cell Biology, Division of Vascular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 41:578-85. 2009..However, the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 can also interact with vitronectin which acts as a cofactor by increasing the half-life of the active form of the serpin...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 and vitronectin expression level and stoichiometry regulate vascular smooth muscle cell migration through physiological collagen matricesN Garg
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Missouri School of Medicine and Research Service, Harry S Truman Memorial Veterans Affairs Hospital, Columbia, MO, USA
J Thromb Haemost 8:1847-54. 2010..Vascular smooth muscle cell (VSMC) migration is a critical process in arterial remodeling. Purified plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) is reported to both promote and inhibit VSMC migration on two-dimensional (D) surfaces...
- Structure and ligand interactions of the urokinase receptor (uPAR)Magnus Kjaergaard
Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet section 3735, Copenhagen Biocenter room 3 3 31, Ole Maaloes Vej 5, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Front Biosci 13:5441-61. 2008..The structural biology of uPAR will be reviewed with special emphasis on its multidomain composition and the interaction with its natural protein ligands, i.e. the serine protease uPA and the matrix protein vitronectin.
- Vitronectin in human breast carcinomasMads Aaboe
Laboratory for Cellular Protein Science, Department for Molecular Biology, Aarhus University, Gustav Wied s Vej 10C, DK 8000 C, Aarhus, Denmark
Biochim Biophys Acta 1638:72-82. 2003We have analysed the occurrence of the extracellular glycoprotein vitronectin in carcinomas and normal tissue of human breast...
- Chimeric vitronectin:insulin-like growth factor proteins enhance cell growth and migration through co-activation of receptorsDerek R Van Lonkhuyzen
Tissue Repair and Regeneration Program, Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology, Kelvin Grove, Queensland, Australia
Growth Factors 25:295-308. 2007Complexes comprised of IGF-I, IGF-binding proteins and the ECM protein vitronectin (VN) stimulate cell migration and growth and can replace the requirement for serum for the ex vivo expansion of cells, as well as promote wound healing in ..
- Induction of glioma cell migration by vitronectin in human serum and cerebrospinal fluidYuji Fukushima
Department of Biology, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka, Japan
J Neurosurg 107:578-85. 2007..Malignant gliomas are often highly invasive and can migrate along blood vessels. The purpose of the current study was to identify the substance in human serum and/or cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) that promotes glioma cell migration...
- Urokinase receptor interacts with alpha(v)beta5 vitronectin receptor, promoting urokinase-dependent cell migration in breast cancerM V Carriero
National Cancer Institute, Naples, Italy
Cancer Res 59:5307-14. 1999..To test the possibility that uPAR may physically and functionally interact with vitronectin (Vn) receptors, we determined the expression level of uPAR, alpha(v)beta3, and alpha(v)beta5 Vn receptors in 10 ..
- Thrombospondin modulates alpha v beta 3 function through integrin-associated proteinA G Gao
Department of Biochemistry, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Cell Biol 135:533-44. 1996..of the TS1 CBD and 4N1K (KRFYVVMWKK), a cell-binding peptide derived from it, on the adhesion and spreading on vitronectin (VN) of C32 human melanoma cells which express IAP, alpha v beta 3, and alpha v beta 5...
- Evidence showing that the two-chain form of vitronectin is produced in the liver by a selective furin cleavageD Seger
Department of Biological Regulation, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
FEBS Lett 480:169-74. 2000The adhesive protein vitronectin (75 kDa) occurs in human blood fluid in a one-chain (Vn75) or a two-chain form (Vn65-10), and is produced by a specific cleavage (at Arg379-Ala380), by a proteinase not identified hitherto...
- Vitronectin increases vascular permeability by promoting VE-cadherin internalization at cell junctionsRong Li
Drug Discovery Research Center of Luzhou Medical College, Luzhou Medical College, Luzhou, Sichuan, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 7:e37195. 2012Cross-talk between integrins and cadherins regulates cell function. We tested the hypothesis that vitronectin (VN), a multi-functional adhesion molecule present in the extracellular matrix and plasma, regulates vascular permeability via ..
- Discovery of new small molecules targeting the vitronectin-binding site of the urokinase receptor that block cancer cell invasionVincenza Elena Anna Rea
Department of Translational Medical Sciences, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Mol Cancer Ther 12:1402-16. 2013..focusing urokinase (uPA) proteolytic activity on the cell membrane, the uPA receptor (uPAR) is able to bind vitronectin, via a direct binding site...
- Vitronectin binds to the head region of Moraxella catarrhalis ubiquitous surface protein A2 and confers complement-inhibitory activityBirendra Singh
Medical Microbiology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, University Hospital Malmo, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Mol Microbiol 75:1426-44. 2010..UspA2 also has the capacity to attract vitronectin that in turn binds C9 and hereby inhibits membrane attack complex (MAC) formation...
- The contributions of integrin affinity and integrin-cytoskeletal engagement in endothelial and smooth muscle cell adhesion to vitronectinSteingrimur Stefansson
Department of Physiology and Center for Vascular and Inflammatory Diseases, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Biol Chem 282:15679-89. 2007The serine proteinase inhibitor, plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 (PAI-1), binds to the adhesion protein vitronectin with high affinity at a site that is located directly adjacent to the vitronectin RGD integrin binding sequence...
- PAI-1 and Vitronectin in Failure of Coronary RevascularizationWilliam P Fay; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Vitronectin (VN) is an adhesive glycoprotein present in extracellular matrix (ECM) and plasma that stabilizes PAI-1 and ..
- Role of Fibrinolytic System in Vein Graft RemodelingWilliam P Fay; Fiscal Year: 2013..PAI-1 function is highly dependent on its cofactor, vitronectin (VN)...
- Regulation of Pal-1 in Atherosclerosis and ThrombosisYolanda M Fortenberry; Fiscal Year: 2013..active.site region;2) the vitronectin binding site;, and 3). the;ic-w-density.lipopr.btein receptor related protein site..'these domains , ...
- Corneal Expression and Function of Slurp1SHIVALINGAPPA KOTTUR SWAMYNATHAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will determine whether Slurp1 competes with uPAR for binding to its ligands uPA, vitronectin, and integrins, resulting in decreased neutrophil migration...
- Combinatorial Metal Oxide Substrates to Enhance Osteogenic Stem Cell FunctionsJaime E Ramírez-Vick; Fiscal Year: 2012..conformation of select serum and/or ECM adhesive proteins such as collagen type I, fibronectin, laminin, and vitronectin, adsorbed onto the novel material substrates prepared by the research activities pertinent to Specific Aim 1...
- Urokinase, Neutrophil Activation and Acute Lung Injury.Gang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..in circulating and pulmonary concentrations of urokinase (uPA), plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1), and vitronectin, are present in almost all patients with acute lung injury (ALI)...
- Transglutaminase-Based Imaging of Wound HealingGregory W Faris; Fiscal Year: 2013..part through the action of transglutaminase (TG) enzymes cross-linking plasma proteins such as fibrinogen and vitronectin. Recent work in our laboratory has shown that administration of infrared fluorescent-labeled substrates for the ..
- Investigation of the VEGFR/Integrin cytoplasmic domains interaction.Olga Vinogradova; Fiscal Year: 2011..Integrin aV[unreadable]3, originally identified as the vitronectin receptor, is expressed at variable density on many types of vascular cells, blood cell, tumors and osteocells...
- Cigarette Smoke induced Extracellular Matrix Remodeling in COPDCandace D Gildner; Fiscal Year: 2012..Fibronectin and vitronectin are extracellular matrix glycoproteins upregulated in tissue injury...
- Probing biochemical/biophysical influences on endothelial-mesenchymal transitionMICHAEL PAUL SCHWARTZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..several matrix components have been implicated in EndMT during tissue development, including proteoglycans , vitronectin, collagen, fibronectin and laminin [10-11]...
- Coagulation Abnormalities and Post-Traumatic Ventilator-Associated PneumoniaJean Francois Pittet; Fiscal Year: 2013..lung endothelial permeability by activating RhoA and unligating the 1v23 integrin from its extracellular ligand vitronectin (aim 1). Second, we will examine the mechanisms by which activated protein C inhibits the P...
- GROWTH AND FUNCTION OF CULTURED GASTROINTESTINAL MUSCLEJohn F Kuemmerle; Fiscal Year: 2013..hypotheses underlying this work are that IGF-I system, ?V?3 integrin and the ?V?3 integrin-binding ligands, vitronectin and fibronectin, regulate the smooth muscle hyperplasia, excess collagen production and fibrosis in the ..
- Role of serine protease KLK7 in pancreatic cancerRandy S Haun; Fiscal Year: 2013..invade surrounding tissues including the shedding of E-cadherin, cleavage of fibronectin, loss of adhesion to vitronectin, degradation of desmoglein-2, and activation of proMMP-9...
- Structural and biophysical characterization of Tie receptor/integrin interactionsAnnamarie C Dalton; Fiscal Year: 2013..in response to the Tie2 ligands Angiopoietin-1 and -2 as well as the Integrin ligands fibronectin, and vitronectin. Furthermore, structural determination either through x-ray crystallography or cryo-electron microscopy of an ..
- Regulation of Lysolipid Signaling by Autotaxin-Integrin Interactions on PlateletsZACHARY FULKERSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..contains a somatomedin B-like (SMB) domain with an RGD sequence homologous to the integrin-binding region of vitronectin. This suggests that ATX may bind to integrin receptors thus localizing production of LPA in vicinity of ..
- ENDOTHELIAL INJURY AND CYTOPROTECTIONJACK HAWIGER; Fiscal Year: 1993..The second is derangement of the vitronectin receptor on the abluminal membrane of the endothelial cells causing their detachment and exposure of the ..
- PROTECTIVE ROLE OF APOPTOSIS IN ASBESTOS PLEURAL INJURYV Broaddus; Fiscal Year: 2001..Then, she will determine the mechanisms by which certain signals, namely those initiated by vitronectin receptors, inhibit asbestos-induced apoptosis...
- IN VIVO/IN VITRO STUDIES OF BONE ACIDIC GLYCOPROTEIN-75JEFFREY GORSKI; Fiscal Year: 1991..that assumption of "osteoclastic" functional properties closely parallels cell surface expression of a vitronectin receptor (previously denoted as osteoclast functional antigen)...
- MECHANISMS OF PNEUMOCYSTIS CARINII PNEUMONIAWilliam Martin; Fiscal Year: 1999..data indicating that Pc attachment can be mediated by several different mechanisms including fibronectin, vitronectin, mannose receptor, and Fc receptor...
- INTEGRIN AVB3 SIGNALLING IN LUNG ENDOTHELIUMSunita Bhattacharya; Fiscal Year: 1999..of the alpha(v)beta(3) integrin receptor on lung endothelium by the complement products SC5b-9 and multimeric vitronectin, increases lung endothelial permeability...
- WOUND HEALING ANGIOGENESISFrank Isik; Fiscal Year: 2002..b>Vitronectin, a glycoprotein found in plasma and deposited at the site of tissue injury, has no defined role in vivo...
- Protein-modified Hydrogels for Expansion of Human Embryonic Stem CellsTERRY TANDESKI; Fiscal Year: 2009..In our first Aim, we would establish the optimal combination of covalently-linked human collagen, vitronectin, fibronectin, and laminin (CVFL) proteins, as well as the minimum amounts required, for effective self-renewal ..
- REGULATION OF ANGIOGENESIS BY PAI1Daniel Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 2001..We will test the hypotheses that, (1) binding of vascular cell integrins to the matrix protein vitronectin is an important step in the angiogenic process, (2) PAI-1 can directly inhibit this interaction, and (3) PA ..
- OVERALL HEMOCOMPATIBILITY PEO-FUNCTIONALIZED SILOXANESWilliam Collins; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will investigate the role of vitronectin adsorbed to these biomaterials because it should further characterize their biocompatibility...
- OVERALL HEMOCOMPATIBILITY PEO-FUNCTIONALIZED SILOXANESWilliam Collins; Fiscal Year: 2001..We will investigate the role of vitronectin adsorbed to these biomaterials because it should further characterize their biocompatibility...
- INTEGRIN REGULATION AND FUNCTIONS IN ADULT BRAINChristine Gall; Fiscal Year: 2007..and synaptoneurosomes, Aim 2 will test the hypothesis that GRGDSP and native matrix ligands (fibronectin, vitronectin, laminin) activate synaptic integrin signaling leading to phosphorylation of AMPA and NMDA receptor proteins...
- Matrix & Lysolipids Regulate Endothelial Cell MigrationTRACEE PANETTI; Fiscal Year: 2006..endothelial cell (BPAE) migration on gelatin and collagen substrates, but not on fibronectin, fibrinogen, or vitronectin substrates...
- PATHOGENESIS OF PNEUMOCYSTIS CARINII PNEUMONIAMIERCIO PEREIRA; Fiscal Year: 1999..to be involved in cell binding include: glycoprotein 120 (gpA), a high molecular weight protein that binds vitronectin, and mucin-binding lectin. The role of sialic acids and sialic-acid -binding proteins (i...
- ROLE OF 02 RADICALS AND IRON IN ASBESTOS-INDUCED CANCERANN AUST; Fiscal Year: 2003..be used to determine which integrins are present and whether binding of integrin ligands, such as crocidolite, vitronectin and HIV-Tat protein, leads to a stimulation in GSH efflux and a decrease in GCS activity...
- INTEGRINS AND PMN MOTILITYWILLIAM HENDEY; Fiscal Year: 2000..for a FIRST AWARD is based on the hypothesis that the motility of polymorphonuclear leukocyte (PMN) on the vitronectin (Vn) substrate is regulated by the changes in intracellular calcium and calmodulin-dependent phosphatase, ..
- SECRETED PHOSPHOPROTEINS ASSOCIATED WITH TUMORIGENICITYDONALD SENGER; Fiscal Year: 1993..are: (1) determine if Sppl binds to ECM components, if it prevents attachment to ECM components in addition to vitronectin, and if it promotes tumor cell penetration of ECM, (2) define the inductive effects of Sppl (native and ..
- CELL AND PROTEIN REACTIONS WITH FOREIGN MATERIALSTHOMAS HORBETT; Fiscal Year: 2001..The role of the adsorbed adhesion proteins fibrinogen, von Willebrand factor, fibronectin, and vitronectin in causing platelet activation will be determined using plasmas selectively deficient in the protein and a ..
- FIBRONECTIN AND PLATELET FUNCTIONDEANE FREMONT MOSHER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, platelets adherent of fibrinogen, vitronectin, or von Willebrand factor are suppressed in their ability to assemble fibronectin whereas platelets adherent to ..
- ORAL MELANOMA: ALPHA V BETA 3 EXPRESSION AND METASTASISDaniel Ramos; Fiscal Year: 2004..The vitronectin receptor alphavbeta3 is expressed by vertically invasive and metastatic cutaneous melanoma but is absent from ..
- DISTRIBUTION AND FUNCTION OF THE INTEGRIN ANDYB8Stephen Nishimura; Fiscal Year: 1999..of a single alpha and a single beta subunit and bind to extracellular matrix components such as fibronectin, vitronectin, laminin and collagen...
- CYSTOLIC-FREE CALCIUM AND CELL MOTILITYFREDERICK MAXFIELD; Fiscal Year: 2003..It was found that transient increases in [Ca2+i] are required for neutrophils to dissociate from vitronectin and fibronectin...
- VITRONECTIN AND VASCULAR COMPLICATIONS OF DIABDAVID SANE; Fiscal Year: 1999..The hypothesis of this proposal is that the plasma and extracellular matrix protein vitronectin (VN) contributes to the extensive and accelerated vascular disease suffered by diabetics...
- ROLE OF GKLF IN EPITHELIAL DYSPLASIAJOHN RUPPERT; Fiscal Year: 2003..Expression of the vitronectin/fibronectin receptor component aV was not inhibited by GKLF...
- CHARACTERIZATION SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION IN KAPOSIS SARCOMARamesh Ganju; Fiscal Year: 2002..VEGF), and contains a classical RGD sequence which may activate surface integrin receptors for fibronectin and vitronectin. Furthermore, the Kaposi's sarcoma herpes virus (KSHV)/human herpes virus type 8 (HHV-8) appears to be a "..
- FUNCTION OF THE VITRONECTIN RECEPTOR OF HUMAN RPEShintaro Suzuki; Fiscal Year: 1991We propose to study ten vitronectin receptor of human retinal pigment epithelial (RPE) cells. The vitronectin receptor is a cell adhesion receptor occupying a vital position between the intracellular and extracellular milieu...
- FAK AND CAS AND ASTROCYTOMA MIGRATION/INVASIONCandece Gladson; Fiscal Year: 2003..astrocyte phenotype and mediate attachment and migration of these cells toward relevant ligands, such as vitronectin, vitronectin attachment of malignant astrocytoma cells result in activation of p125FAK, a cytoplasmic tyrosine ..
- PEPTIDE INHIBITORS OF THE PLATELET ADHESION RECEPTORMICHAEL PIERSCHBACHER; Fiscal Year: 1990..acid (RGD) tripeptide sequence, in the adhesion proteins which include fibrinogen , fibronectin, vitronectin and von Willebrand factor (vWF)...
- Microvascular Control -A Role for IntegrinsGERALD MEININGER; Fiscal Year: 2007..formation, bond stressing and/or bond dissociation between integrins and ECM proteins (fibronectin (FN) and vitronectin (VN)). The specific aims of this proposal are: 1...
- ANGIOSTATIN--MOLECULAR MECHANISMS AND INTERACTIONSDAVID SANE; Fiscal Year: 2002..A final mechanism that to be examined is the potential ability of angiostatin to inhibit vitronectin-mediated haptotaxis, by disrupting urokinase receptor (UPAR) or integrin-mediated adherence of cells to this ..
- MECHANISMS OF P CARINII BINDING TO ALVEOLAR EPITHELIUMSCOTT POTTRATZ; Fiscal Year: 1999..Recent investigations have examined the role of the cell adhesive proteins fibronectin (Fn) and vitronectin (Vn) as well as their respective cell surface receptors in the attachment of PC to lung cells...
- MOLECULAR/CELLULAR BIOLOGY OF GLIAL TUMORSSteven Rosenfeld; Fiscal Year: 2001..the effects of platelet- derived growth factor (PDGF) on the expression and activity of glioma- derived, vitronectin-binding integrins...
- MACROMOLECULAR INTERACTIONS OF HUMAN VITRONECTINCynthia Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2006Human vitronectin is a glycoprotein present in both the circulation and the extracellular matrix (ECM)...
- Alpha v beta 5 integrin in retinal pigment epitheliumSILVIA FINNEMANN; Fiscal Year: 2004..Isolated RPE cells utilize v5 receptors to attach to vitronectin substrate suggesting that v5 may mediate RPE-neural retina adhesion either directly, by interacting with ..
- ROLE OF VITRONECTIN IN TUMOR CELL METASTASISRICHARD CHERNY; Fiscal Year: 1992..The isolated recombinant wild-type VN promotes cell adhesion similar to plasma- derived VN. This demonstrates a viable system to study the questions raised...
- Negative Regulation of Cell Migration by PKAJudith Varner; Fiscal Year: 2007..matrix (ECM) consisting of proteins such as fibronectin, fibrinogen, osteopontin, thrombospondin and vitronectin. An understanding of the common mechanism(s) regulating cell migration during tumor angiogenesis and metastasis ..
- Extracellular Matrix Protein in Innate ImmunityYou Wen He; Fiscal Year: 2007..ECM proteins such as fibronectin, vitronectin, thrombospondin and collagens have been shown to serve as docking sites for microbial pathogens to establish ..
- Osteolysis and Implant Wear: Biological, Biomedical Engineering, and Surgical PriStuart Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Infusion of Particles at Implant interfecesStuart Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- IGFBP5 AND INTEGRINS AND CONTROLLING IGF1 ACTIONSDavid Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2002..Additional studies will focus on the role of IGFBP-5 binding to three specific ECM proteins, thrombospondin, vitronectin and osteopontin and how this alters their ability to interact with the alphaVbeta3 receptor...
- ARTHEROSCLEROSIS IN INSULIN-RESISTANT, HYPERLIPIDEMIC P*David Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Chaperones, ROS systems, & IGF-1:Roles in vascular agingDavid Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Nanoparticle targeting of cathepsin-L inhibitor and doxorubicin in breast cancerShaker Mousa; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MECHANISMS BY WHICH IGF-I STIMULATES SMOOTH MUSCLE CELLSDavid Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results may suggest novel strategies for interfering with these processes to alter the progression of atherosclerosis. ..
- Development of a Novel Method for Inhibiting Atherosclerosis in DiabetesDavid Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel Cationic 99mTc Complexes for Heart ImagingShuang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2006..Successful development of new 99mTc perfusion imaging agents will have a profound impact on diagnostic evaluation, risk stratification, and therapeutic decision-making in patients with CAD. ..
- MODULATION OF ALPHA 5 BETA 1 INTEGRINDavid Boettiger; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Role of JAM Family in AngiogenesisUlhas P Naik; Fiscal Year: 2010..Further, elucidation of the role of JAM-A in endothelial cell proliferation and migration leading to angiogenesis will open up a mew line of investigation that is important in tumerigenesis and vascular biology. ..
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF RNA TUMOR VIRUSESDavid Boettiger; Fiscal Year: 2003..This will be applied to analysis of the role of src in regulation of cytoskeletal structure and the linkage of cytoskeleton to integrin. ..