Genomes and Genes
Summary: Carbohydrates covalently linked to a nonsugar moiety (lipids or proteins). The major glycoconjugates are glycoproteins, glycopeptides, peptidoglycans, glycolipids, and lipopolysaccharides. (From Biochemical Nomenclature and Related Documents, 2d ed; From Principles of Biochemistry, 2d ed)
Publications330 found, 100 shown here
- Volatile compounds released by enzymatic hydrolysis of glycoconjugates of leaves and grape berries from Vitis vinifera Muscat of Alexandria and Shiraz cultivarsJ Wirth
, IPV-ENSAM-INRA, 2 place Viala, 34060 Montpellier Cedex 1, France
J Agric Food Chem 49:2917-23. 2001b>Glycoconjugates from Muscat of Alexandria and Shiraz leaves and grape berries were isolated by adsorption on Amberlite XAD-2 resin, and enzymatically released aglycons were analyzed by GC-FID and GC-MS...
- Leukocyte ligands for endothelial selectins: specialized glycoconjugates that mediate rolling and signaling under flowAlexander Zarbock
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Münster and Max Planck Institute, Germany
Blood 118:6743-51. 2011Reversible interactions of glycoconjugates on leukocytes with P- and E-selectin on endothelial cells mediate tethering and rolling of leukocytes in inflamed vascular beds, the first step in their recruitment to sites of injury...
- Chapter 2: Biogenesis of the cell wall and other glycoconjugates of Mycobacterium tuberculosisDevinder Kaur
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, Mycobacteria Research Laboratories, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1682, USA
Adv Appl Microbiol 69:23-78. 2009..In this review, the laboratory personnel who have been the focal point of some to these developments review recent progress towards a comprehensive understanding of the basic physiology and functions of the cell wall of M. tuberculosis...
- Growth of Streptococcus pneumoniae on human glycoconjugates is dependent upon the sequential activity of bacterial exoglycosidasesAmanda M Burnaugh
Center for Microbial Pathogenesis, Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, and Department of Pediatrics, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio 43205 2696, USA
J Bacteriol 190:221-30. 2008In the human host, Streptococcus pneumoniae encounters a variety of glycoconjugates, including mucin, host defense molecules, and glycans associated with the epithelial surface. S...
- Development of sensitive chemical and immunochemical methods for detecting sulfated sialic acids and their application to glycoconjugates from sea urchin sperm and eggsNao Yamakawa
Bioscience and Biotechnology Center, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan
Biochimie 89:1396-408. 2007..Finally, using the fluorometric HPLC and monoclonal antibodies, we demonstrated that glycoconjugates from sea urchin sperm exclusively contained Neu5Ac8S, whereas those from eggs contained Neu5Gc8S...
- Density variant glycan microarray for evaluating cross-linking of mucin-like glycoconjugates by lectinsKamil Godula
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, United States
J Am Chem Soc 134:15732-42. 2012..possess the ability to agglutinate A(1)-blood cells carrying the α-GalNAc epitope and cross-link low valency glycoconjugates, only SBA showed a tendency to form intermolecular cross-links among the arrayed polyvalent mucin mimetics...
- Meaning and therapeutic potential of microbial recognition of host glycoconjugatesK A Karlsson
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Goteborg University, Sweden
Mol Microbiol 29:1-11. 1998..Most of the known host receptors for microbes are glycoconjugates, and the diversity and selectivity of host tissue glycosylation allow for the tropism of infections...
- Microbial recognition of human cell surface glycoconjugatesAnne Imberty
CERMAV CNRS UPR5301, affiliated with Université Joseph Fourier and belonging to ICMG, BP53, F38041 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Curr Opin Struct Biol 18:567-76. 2008..microorganisms often use sugar-binding proteins, that is lectins and adhesins, to recognize and bind to host glycoconjugates where sialylated and fucosylated oligosaccharides are the major targets...
- Helicobacter pylori SabA adhesin in persistent infection and chronic inflammationJafar Mahdavi
Department of Odontology Oral Microbiology, Umea University, SE 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Science 297:573-8. 2002..The ability of many H. pylori strains to adhere to sialylated glycoconjugates expressed during chronic inflammation might thus contribute to virulence and the extraordinary chronicity of ..
- Coxsackievirus A24 variant uses sialic acid-containing O-linked glycoconjugates as cellular receptors on human ocular cellsNitesh Mistry
Division of Virology, Department of Clinical Microbiology, Umea University, SE 90185 Umeå, Sweden
J Virol 85:11283-90. 2011..Previously it has been suggested that CVA24v uses sialic acid-containing glycoconjugates as attachment receptors on corneal cells, but the nature of these receptors is poorly described...
- Rice Os9BGlu31 is a transglucosidase with the capacity to equilibrate phenylpropanoid, flavonoid, and phytohormone glycoconjugatesSukanya Luang
Institute of Science, Schools of Biochemistry and Chemistry, Suranaree University of Technology, Nakhon Ratchasima 30000, Thailand
J Biol Chem 288:10111-23. 2013....
- Identification and characterization of binding properties of Helicobacter pylori by glycoconjugate arraysAnke Walz
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, Dental School, University of Regensburg, D 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Glycobiology 15:700-8. 2005..The results demonstrate that the bacterial overlay method on glycoconjugate arrays is a useful tool for exploration and the characterization of unknown adhesin specificities of H. pylori and other bacteria...
- Glycoconjugates play a key role in Campylobacter jejuni Infection: interactions between host and pathogenChristopher James Day
Institute for Glycomics, Griffith University, Gold Coast QLD, Australia
Front Cell Infect Microbiol 2:9. 2012..for studying the role of glycans in host-pathogen interactions, as well as the role of bacterial surface glycoconjugates in infection. Using glycan array analysis, C...
- Natural glycoconjugates with antitumor activityBarbara La Ferla
Department of Biotechnology and Bioscience, University of Milano Bicocca, Piazza della Scienza 2, I 20126, Milano, Italy
Nat Prod Rep 28:630-48. 2011..In this review we focus our attention on natural glycoconjugates with anticancer properties...
- Multivalent glycoconjugates as anti-pathogenic agentsAnna Bernardi
Universita di Milano, Dipartimento di Chimica Organica e Industriale and Centro di Eccellenza CISI, via Venezian 21, 20133 Milano, Italy
Chem Soc Rev 42:4709-27. 2013..Multivalent glycoconjugates have also been used for stimulating the innate and adaptive immune systems, for example with carbohydrate-..
- Differential release and phagocytosis of tegument glycoconjugates in neurocysticercosis: implications for immune evasion strategiesJorge I Alvarez
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, USA
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2:e218. 2008..exhibit humoral responses against carbohydrate-based antigens, and the tegument is known to be rich in glycoconjugates (GCs), the expression of these types of molecules was analyzed in human, porcine, and murine NCC specimens...
- Syntheses and some applications of chemically defined multivalent glycoconjugatesR Roy
Department of Chemistry, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Curr Opin Struct Biol 6:692-702. 1996..Novel dendritic carbohydrate structures are emerging as potent ligands for carbohydrate-binding proteins...
- Enterovirus 70 binds to different glycoconjugates containing alpha2,3-linked sialic acid on different cell linesM Reza Nokhbeh
Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, 451 Smyth Rd, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1H 8M5
J Virol 79:7087-94. 2005....
- Desialylation of glycoconjugates on the surface of monocytes activates the extracellular signal-related kinases ERK 1/2 and results in enhanced production of specific cytokinesNicholas M Stamatos
Institute of Human Virology, Department of Medicine, University of Maryland Medical Center, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Leukoc Biol 75:307-13. 2004..The role of sialidase(s) and the consequent desialylation of cell surface glycoconjugates in the activation of monocytes have not been established...
- The apical membrane of intestinal brush cells possesses a specialised, but species-specific, composition of glycoconjugates--on-section and in vivo lectin labelling in rats, guinea-pigs and miceA Gebert
Abteilung Anatomie 2, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 113:389-99. 2000..To characterise glycoconjugates possibly involved in a sensory function, we investigated brush cells in the small intestine of three species ..
- ABC transporters involved in export of cell surface glycoconjugatesLeslie Cuthbertson
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 74:341-62. 2010Complex glycoconjugates play critical roles in the biology of microorganisms. Despite the remarkable diversity in glycan structures and the bacteria that produce them, conserved themes are evident in the biosynthesis-export pathways...
- The viral sigma1 protein and glycoconjugates containing alpha2-3-linked sialic acid are involved in type 1 reovirus adherence to M cell apical surfacesAnna Helander
GI Cell Biology Laboratory, Enders 1220, Children s Hospital and Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Virol 77:7964-77. 2003..binding of type 1 reoviruses to M cells in vivo involves interaction of the type 1 sigma1 protein with glycoconjugates containing alpha2-3-linked sialic acid that are accessible to viral particles only on M cell apical surfaces.
- Preparation, characterization and immunogenicity of HIV-1 related high-mannose oligosaccharides-CRM197 glycoconjugatesAnna Kabanova
Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics, Research Center, Via Fiorentina 1, 53100, Siena, Italy
Glycoconj J 27:501-13. 2010..We conclude that further structural vaccinology work is needed to identify an antigen presentation that closely matches in vivo the structure of the epitope mapped by 2G12...
- Sulfated glycoconjugates are powerful modulators of bovine sperm adhesion and release from the oviductal epithelium in vitroR Talevi
Dipartimento di Biologia Evolutiva e Comparata, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Via Mezzocannone 8, 80134 Napoli, Italy
Biol Reprod 64:491-8. 2001..Results showed that 1) all sulfated glycoconjugates were powerful inhibitors of sperm binding to oviductal monolayers in a dose-dependent manner, whereas N-..
- Analysis of carbohydrates and glycoconjugates by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry: An update covering the period 1999-2000David J Harvey
Department of Biochemistry, Oxford Glycobiology Institute, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3QU, United Kingdom
Mass Spectrom Rev 25:595-662. 2006..matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization (MALDI) mass spectrometry for the analysis of carbohydrates and glycoconjugates and continues coverage of the field from the previous review published in 1999 (D. J...
- Inhibition of Helicobacter pylori infection by bovine milk glycoconjugates in a BAlb/cA mouse modelX Wang
Department of Infectious Diseases and Medical Microbiology, University of Lund, Sweden
J Med Microbiol 50:430-5. 2001..pylori sialic acid-specific haemagglutination. This study explored whether sialylated glycoconjugates from bovine milk could inhibit an experimental H. pylori infection in a mouse model...
- Two distinct alpha-L-fucosidases from Bifidobacterium bifidum are essential for the utilization of fucosylated milk oligosaccharides and glycoconjugatesHisashi Ashida
Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Glycobiology 19:1010-7. 2009..However, the enzyme did not act on glycoconjugates containing alpha1,2-fucosyl residue or on synthetic alpha-fucoside (p-nitrophenyl-alpha-l-fucoside)...
- Catabolism of salivary glycoconjugates in acute ethanol intoxicationNapoleon Waszkiewicz
Department of Psychiatry, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
Med Sci Monit 15:CR413-7. 2009..0 g/kg of body weight, as 40% vodka) on the specific activities of alpha-mannosidase, alpha-fucosidase, beta-glucuronidase, and beta-galactosidase as well as on the total protein concentration in saliva in eight healthy young volunteers...
- Specificity of human anti-carbohydrate IgG antibodies as probed with polyacrylamide-based glycoconjugatesE P Smorodin
Institute of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Hiiu 42, 11619 Tallinn, Estonia
Glycoconj J 20:83-9. 2004..Antibodies to these glycotopes were found in human serum. A set of polyacrylamide (PAA)--based glycoconjugates was applied to the direct and competitive enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISA) to characterize the ..
- Evaluation of different alpha-Galactosyl glycoconjugates for use in xenotransplantationGuerard W Byrne
Nextran Inc, 303B College Road, Princeton, New Jersey, USA
Bioconjug Chem 13:571-81. 2002..to block anti-Gal IgG and IgM binding was determined using a competition ELISA assay on defined HSA-Gal glycoconjugates and porcine microvascular endothelial cell substrates...
- Possible contribution of beta-glycosidases and caspases in the cytotoxicity of novel glycoconjugates in colon cancer cellsHossam M M Arafa
Department of Pharmacol and Toxicol, Faculty of Pharmacy, Al Azhar University, Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt
Invest New Drugs 28:306-17. 2010b>Glycoconjugates represent a recent trend in cancer chemotherapy that adopts the concept of selective prodrug/drug targeting of tumor cells by selectively binding to specific transmembrane glucose transporters...
- Synthesis of LacdiNAc-terminated glycoconjugates by mutant galactosyltransferase--a way to new glycodrugs and materialsPavla Bojarová
Institute of Microbiology, Center for Biocatalysis and Biotransformation, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, 14220 Prague 4, Czech Republic
Glycobiology 19:509-17. 2009..A synthetic bivalent tethered di-LacdiNAc is the best currently known precipitation agent for both of these receptors and has promising potential for the development of immunoactive glycodrugs...
- Alkynyl sugar analogs for the labeling and visualization of glycoconjugates in cellsTsui Ling Hsu
Department of Chemistry and The Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:2614-9. 2007..Metabolic oligosaccharide engineering, which inserts sugar-reporting groups into cellular glycoconjugates, represents a powerful method for imaging the localization, trafficking, and dynamics of glycans and ..
- C-type lectins on dendritic cells and their interaction with pathogen-derived and endogenous glycoconjugatesKarlijn Gijzen
Department of Tumor Immunology, Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Sciences, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Curr Protein Pept Sci 7:283-94. 2006..When CLRs bind endogenous glycosylated ligands they mediate several processes like cell-cell adhesion and clearance of aberrant cells like tumor cells or apoptotic cells...
- Bacterial cell-envelope glycoconjugatesPaul Messner
Department of Nanobiotechnology, NanoGlycobiology Unit, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria
Adv Carbohydr Chem Biochem 69:209-72. 2013..function, genetic basis, biosynthesis, and biomedical and biotechnological applications of cell-envelope glycoconjugates, S-layer glycoprotein glycans, and "nonclassical" secondary-cell wall polysaccharides...
- Preparation of glycoconjugates by dialkyl squarate chemistry revisitedShu jie Hou
NIDDK, LBC, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 0815, USA
Carbohydr Res 343:196-210. 2008..Nevertheless, dimethyl squarate seemed to be the most convenient reagent because it is a crystalline, easy to handle, and commercially available material with very good reactivity...
- Visualizing metabolically labeled glycoconjugates of living cells by copper-free and fast huisgen cycloadditionsXinghai Ning
Complex Carbohydrate Research Center, University of Georgia, 315 Riverbend Road, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 47:2253-5. 2008
- Oligosaccharides and glycoconjugates in bovine milk and colostrumP K Gopal
New Zealand Dairy Research Institute, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Br J Nutr 84:S69-74. 2000Oligosaccharides and glycoconjugates are some of the most important bioactive components in milk. A great deal of information is available on the biological function of the components from human milk...
- Beta-galactofuranoside glycoconjugates on conidia and conidiophores of Aspergillus nigerG L Wallis
School of Life and Environmental Sciences, The University of Nottingham, UK
FEMS Microbiol Lett 201:21-7. 2001..Galactofuranoic (Galf)-containing glycoconjugates that occur in organisms pathogenic or allergenic to man are frequently antigenic and immunodominant...
- Differences between Naegleria fowleri and Naegleria gruberi in expression of mannose and fucose glycoconjugatesIsaac Cervantes-Sandoval
Department of Infectomic and Molecular Pathogenesis, Center for Research and Advanced Studies, National Polytechnic Institute, Av IPN 2508, Mexico City 07360, Mexico
Parasitol Res 106:695-701. 2010..fowleri with their target cells. In the present study, we investigated the composition of glycoconjugates present on the surface of trophozoites of the pathogenic N. fowleri and the nonpathogenic Naegleria gruberi...
- Glycoconjugates in the detection of alcohol abuseNapoleon Waszkiewicz
Department of Psychiatry, Medical University of Białystok, ul Plac Brodowicza 1, 16 070 Choroszcz, Poland
Biochem Soc Trans 39:365-9. 2011..g. after trauma). In clinical practice, glycoconjugate markers of alcohol use/abuse let us distinguish alcoholic from non-alcoholic tissue damage, having important implications for the treatment and management of diseases...
- Sustained protection in mice immunized with fractional doses of Salmonella Enteritidis core and O polysaccharide-flagellin glycoconjugatesRaphael Simon
Center for Vaccine Development, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e64680. 2013..These results provide important insights regarding the potency of Salmonella glycoconjugate vaccines that use flagellin as a carrier protein...
- Anticancer effects of novel photodynamic therapy with glycoconjugated chlorin for gastric and colon cancerMamoru Tanaka
Department of Gastroenterology and Metabolism, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
Anticancer Res 31:763-9. 2011..Cancer cells consume more glucose than normal cells. In this study, the efficacy of PDT using a newly developed photosensitizer, glycoconjugated chlorin (H2TFPC-SGlc), was compared with Talaporfin, which is clinically used in Japan...
- Self-assembly of amphiphilic glycoconjugates into lectin-adhesive nanoparticlesAlexandre G Dal Bó
Centre de Recherches sur les Macromolecules Vegetales CERMAV CNRS, BP 53, F 38041 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Langmuir 28:1418-26. 2012....
- Glycoconjugates in New World species of Leishmania: polymorphisms in lipophosphoglycan and glycoinositolphospholipids and interaction with hostsRafael Ramiro de Assis
Centro de Pesquisas Rene Rachou, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, FIOCRUZ, Av Augusto de Lima, 1715, Belo Horizonte, MG 30190 002, Brazil
Biochim Biophys Acta 1820:1354-65. 2012..Amongst the many surface molecules of Leishmania, the glycoconjugates are known to play a central role in host-parasite interactions and are the focus of this review.
- Glycoconjugates and polysaccharides from the Scedosporium/Pseudallescheria boydii complex: structural characterisation, involvement in cell differentiation, cell recognition and virulenceLivia Cristina L Lopes
Departamento de Microbiologia Geral, Instituto de Microbiologia, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Mycoses 54:28-36. 2011..These glycosylated polymers, being present in the fungal cell wall, are mostly absent from mammalian cells, and are excellent targets for the design of new agents capable of inhibiting fungal growth and differentiation of pathogens...
- Helicobacter pylori adhesin binding fucosylated histo-blood group antigens revealed by retaggingD Ilver
Department of Microbiology, Umea University, SE 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Science 279:373-7. 1998..pylori. A vaccine strategy based on the BabA adhesin might serve as a means to target the virulent type I strains of H. pylori...
- Thrombospondin related anonymous protein (TRAP) of Plasmodium falciparum binds specifically to sulfated glycoconjugates and to HepG2 hepatoma cells suggesting a role for this molecule in sporozoite invasion of hepatocytesH M Muller
Istituto di Parassitologia, Universita di Roma, La Sapienza, P A Moro, Italy
EMBO J 12:2881-9. 1993..This amino acid motif confers on the CS protein the ability to bind specifically to sulfated glycoconjugates and to hepatocytes...
- Carbohydrate profiling of fungal cell wall surface glycoconjugates of Trichophyton tonsurans and other keratinophilic filamentous fungi using lectinsAndré Ferraz Goiana Leal
Department of Mycology, Federal University of Pernambuco, Recife, PE, Brazil
Mycoses 54:e789-94. 2011Various researchers have concluded that lectins are useful reagents for the study of fungal cell wall surface glycoconjugates. In this study, we evaluated the expression of N-acetyl-D-glucosamine, L-fucose, D-galactose and glucose/..
- Cell surface glycoconjugates and the extracellular matrix of the developing mouse embryo epicardiumF Kalman
Department of Pathology, Postgraduate Medical University, Budapest, Hungary
Anat Embryol (Berl) 191:451-64. 1995Cell surface glycoconjugates and the extracellular matrix (ECM) of the proepicardium and the developing epicardium were studied in early mouse embryos by light and electron microscopy with histochaemical and immunocytochaemical ..
- Cyanuric chloride catalyzed mild protocol for synthesis of biologically active dihydro/spiro quinazolinones and quinazolinone-glycoconjugatesMoni Sharma
Division of Medicinal and Process Chemistry, CSIR Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow 226001, India
J Org Chem 77:929-37. 2012..approach for the synthesis of 2,3-dihydroquinazolin-4(1H)-one (3a-3x), 2-spiroquinazolinone (5, 7), and glycoconjugates of 2,3-dihydroquinazolin-4(1H)-one (10a, 10b) derivatives...
- Synthesis of multivalent glycoconjugates containing the immunoactive LELTE peptide: effect of glycosylation on cellular activation and natural killing by human peripheral blood mononuclear cellsOlivier Renaudet
Departement de Chimie Moleculaire, UMR CNRS 5250 and ICMG FR 2607, Universite Joseph Fourier, BP53, 38041 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
J Am Chem Soc 132:6800-8. 2010..These unique properties make the combined peptide/carbohydrate RAFTs highly suitable for future evaluation in animal tumor therapies in vivo and predict them to be readily available and efficient immunoactivators...
- Consumption of human milk glycoconjugates by infant-associated bifidobacteria: mechanisms and implicationsDaniel Garrido
Department of Food Science and Technology and Foods for Health Institute, University of California Davis, One Shields Ave, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Microbiology 159:649-64. 2013..human milk oligosaccharides, and recent evidence indicates that their activities also target other human milk glycoconjugates. Here, we review advances in our understanding of how these microbes have been shaped by breast milk ..
- Development of capsular polysaccharide-based glycoconjugates for immunization against melioidosis and glandersMary N Burtnick
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of South Alabama Mobile, AL, USA
Front Cell Infect Microbiol 2:108. 2012..Collectively, these approaches provide a tangible starting point for the development of novel CPS-based glycoconjugates for immunization against melioidosis and glanders.
- Bacillus thuringiensis Cry1A toxin-binding glycoconjugates present on the brush border membrane and in the peritrophic membrane of the Douglas-fir tussock moth are peritrophinsAlgimantas P Valaitis
USDA Forest Service, Northern Research Station, 359 Main Road, Delaware, OH 43015, USA
J Invertebr Pathol 112:1-8. 2013..These data provide strong evidence that O-linked glycans are the target structures on the toxin-binding glycoconjugates for the Cry1A class of insecticidal proteins in DFTM larvae.
- Circulating Biomphalaria glabrata hemocyte subpopulations possess shared schistosome glycans and receptors capable of binding larval glycoconjugatesTimothy P Yoshino
Department of Pathobiological Sciences, University of Wisconsin, School of Veterinary Medicine, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Exp Parasitol 133:28-36. 2013..Unraveling the functional significance of these naturally expressed and acquired shared glycans on specific hemocyte populations represents an important challenge for future investigations...
- Application of surface plasmon resonance for the detection of carbohydrates, glycoconjugates, and measurement of the carbohydrate-specific interactions: a comparison with conventional analytical techniques. A critical reviewGulnara Safina
Department of Chemistry, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Anal Chim Acta 712:9-29. 2012..A few selected examples of the SPR approaches developed during 2004-2011 for the biosensing of glycoforms and for glycan-protein affinity studies are comprehensively discussed...
- Differentiation between structurally homologous Shiga 1 and Shiga 2 toxins by using synthetic glycoconjugatesRamesh R Kale
Department of Chemistry, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45221 0172, USA
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 47:1265-8. 2008
- Analysis of carbohydrates and glycoconjugates by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry: an update for 2007-2008David J Harvey
Oxford Glycobiology Institute, Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3QU, UK
Mass Spectrom Rev 31:183-311. 2012..review, published in 1999, on the application of MALDI mass spectrometry to the analysis of carbohydrates and glycoconjugates and brings coverage of the literature to the end of 2008...
- The presence of Lewis a epitopes in Arabidopsis thaliana glycoconjugates depends on an active alpha4-fucosyltransferase geneR Leonard
Equipe de Glycobiologie et Biotechnologie EA 3176, Institut des Sciences de la Vie et de la Santé, Universite de Limoges, Faculte des Sciences, 123, Avenue Albert Thomas, 87060 Limoges, France
Glycobiology 12:299-306. 2002..When expressed in COS 7 cells the protein is able to transfer Fuc from GDP-Fuc to a type 1 acceptor substrate, but this transferase activity is detected only in the culture medium of transfected cells..
- Carbohydrate diversity: synthesis of glycoconjugates and complex carbohydratesAlexandra Hölemann
Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zurich, Laboratory for Organic Chemistry, ETH Honggerberg, HCI F315, Wolfgang Pauli Strasse 10, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Curr Opin Biotechnol 15:615-22. 2004The fundamental role of glycoconjugates in many biological processes is now well appreciated and has intensified the development of innovative and improved synthetic strategies...
- Histochemical study of glycoconjugates in the toadfish Halobatrachus didactylus oesophagus epitheliumS Desantis
Department of Animal Health and Well Being, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Bari, Italy
Histol Histopathol 22:23-35. 2007..Neu5AcForssman pentasaccharide (MAL II, SNA, KOH-sialidase-DBA staining) as well as asialo-glycoconjugates with terminal/internal alphaMan (Con A affinity) and with terminal Galbeta1,3GalNAc, Forssman pentasaccharide,..
- Lectin-binding pattern of the Senegalese sole Solea senegalensis oogenesisGianluca Accogli
Department of Animal Production, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Bari Aldo Moro, Valenzano, Bari, Italy
Microsc Res Tech 75:1124-35. 2012..These findings demonstrate that the glycan pattern of fish ovarian follicles changes during the maturative stages and that it is affected by culture-rearing conditions...
- Modulatory efficacy of green tea polyphenols on glycoconjugates and immunological markers in 4-Nitroquinoline 1-oxide-induced oral carcinogenesis-A therapeutic approachPeriasamy Srinivasan
Department of Biochemistry, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai 600025, Tamilnadu, India
Chem Biol Interact 162:149-56. 2006..The present study is aimed to understand the therapeutic action of GTP on glycoconjugates and immunological markers in 4-Nitroquinoline 1-oxide (4-NQO)-induced oral cancer over a period of 30 days at ..
- Neoglycoconjugates of mannan with bovine serum albumin and their interaction with lectin concanavalin AD Mislovicová
Institute of Chemistry, Slovak Academy of Sciences, SK 842 38 Bratislava, Slovakia
Bioconjug Chem 13:136-42. 2002..In conclusion, characterization of synthetic neoglycoconjugates confirmed that the method used for their preparation retained the ability of mannan moiety to interact with concanavalin A...
- Histochemical analysis of glycoconjugates in the skin of a catfish (arius tenuispinis, day)A Al-Banaw
Medical Laboratory Sciences Department, Kuwait University, Sulaibekhat, Kuwait
Anat Histol Embryol 39:42-50. 2010..5) as well as using a battery of 14 fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC)-labelled lectins to identify glycoconjugates present in 10 different areas of the skin of a catfish (Arius tenuispinis) was carried out...
- Identification of fucosylated glycoconjugates in Xenopus laevis testis by lectin histochemistryGalder Valbuena
Departamento de Biología Celular e Histología, Facultad de Medicina y Odontologia, Universidad del Pais Vasco Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea, 48940 Leioa Vizcaya, Spain
Histochem Cell Biol 134:215-25. 2010b>Glycoconjugates play roles in many physiological and pathological processes...
- Enzymatic synthesis and properties of glycoconjugates with legionaminic acid as a replacement for neuraminic acidDavid C Watson
Institute for Biological Sciences, National Research Council of Canada, 100 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Glycobiology 21:99-108. 2011..In order to explore the biological effects of replacing sialic acid residues (Neu5Ac) in glycoconjugates with Leg in its diacetylated form, diacetyllegionaminic acid (Leg5Ac7Ac), we tested CMP-Leg5Ac7Ac as a donor ..
- Marine glycobiology: current status and future perspectivesGary S Caldwell
School of Marine Science and Technology, Newcastle University, Ridley Building, Claremont Road, Newcastle upon Tyne NE17RU, England, UK
Mar Biotechnol (NY) 12:241-52. 2010..with recent advances in analytical instrumentation, there is now the capacity to begin to characterize marine glycoconjugates,many of which will have potential biomedical and biotechnological applications...
- Analysis of carbohydrates and glycoconjugates by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry: an update for the period 2005-2006David J Harvey
Department of Biochemistry, Oxford Glycobiology Institute, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3QU, UK
Mass Spectrom Rev 30:1-100. 2011..review, published in 1999, on the application of MALDI mass spectrometry to the analysis of carbohydrates and glycoconjugates and brings coverage of the literature to the end of 2006...
- The terminal sialic acid of glycoconjugates on the surface of intestinal epithelial cells activates excystation of Cryptosporidium parvumNaheed Choudhry
Centre for Gastroenterology, Institute for Cell and Molecular Science, Barts and the London School of Medicine, Newark Street, University of London, London E1 2AD, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 76:3735-41. 2008..These results suggest that sialic acid on the surface of enterocytes may provide an important local signal for the excystation of C. parvum sporozoites...
- A carbohydrate-antioxidant hybrid polymer reduces oxidative damage in spermatozoa and enhances fertilityCraig Fleming
Department of Chemistry, University of Durham, South Road, Durham, DH1 3LE, UK
Nat Chem Biol 1:270-4. 2005....
- Glycoconjugate histochemistry and nNOS immunolocalization in the mantle and foot epithelia of Tapes philippinarum (bivalve mollusc)Concetta Calabro
Department of Animal Biology and Marine Ecology, Faculty of Science, University of Messina, Italy
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 43:151-6. 2005..nNOS immunoreactivity in the intraepithelial and intradermal cells and in the mucocytes suggested a regulatory role of NO in mucus secretion, as demonstrated also in other invertebrates...
- Synthesis, characterization, and preliminary biological study of glycoconjugates of poly(styrene-co-maleic acid)Ivan Donati
Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Macromolecular Chemistry, University of Trieste, Via L Giorgieri 1, I 34127, Trieste, Italy
Biomacromolecules 3:805-12. 2002..Biological activity tests showed that both SMA-Gal and SMA-Lac allow adhesion of HepG2 hepatic cells about five times larger than that of hydrolyzed, underivatized SMA...
- Design and synthesis of new classes of heterocyclic C-glycoconjugates and carbon-linked sugar and heterocyclic amino acids by asymmetric multicomponent reactions (AMCRs)Alessandro Dondoni
Dipartimento di Chimica, Laboratorio di Chimica Organica, Universita di Ferrara, Via L Borsari 46, I 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Acc Chem Res 39:451-63. 2006....
- HNK-1 sulfotransferase null mice express glucuronyl glycoconjugates and show normal cerebellar granule neuron migration in vivo and in vitroDenise K H Chou
Department of Biomedical Sciences, E K Shriver Center at University of Massachusetts Medical School, Waltham 02452, USA
J Neurochem 82:1239-51. 2002..However, the role of other compensatory molecules involved in these processes cannot be completely ruled out...
- Histochemical analysis of glycoconjugates in the eccrine glands of the raccoon digital padsT Yasui
Department of Veterinary Anatomy, College of Bioresource Sciences, Nihon University, Fujisawa, Kanagawa, Japan
Eur J Histochem 48:393-402. 2004..In the eccrine glands, the dark cells exhibited neutral and acidic glycoconjugates with different saccharide residues (alpha-L-fucose, beta-D-galactose, beta-N-acetyl-D-glucosamine and N-..
- Design of neo-glycoconjugates that target the mannose receptor and enhance TLR-independent cross-presentation and Th1 polarizationSatwinder Kaur Singh
Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Immunol 41:916-25. 2011..Both neo-glycoconjugates showed, even at low doses, improved uptake as compared with native OVA, resulting in enhanced cross-..
- Histochemistry of glycoconjugates in mucous cells of Salmo trutta uninfected and naturally parasitized with intestinal helminthsG Bosi
Department of Veterinary Sciences and Technologies for Food Safety, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Milan, via Trentacoste n 2, 20134 Milan, Italy
Dis Aquat Organ 64:45-51. 2005..of the brown trout, the total mucous cell number, and the number of mucous cells containing acid or mixed glycoconjugates were significantly enhanced...
- Insights in the rational design of synthetic multivalent glycoconjugates as lectin ligandsDavid Deniaud
Universite de Nantes, CEISAM, Chimie et Interdisciplinarité, Synthèse, Analyse, Modelisation, UMR CNRS 6230, UFR des Sciences et des Techniques, 2, Rue de la Houssiniere, BP 92208, 44322 Nantes Cedex 3, France
Org Biomol Chem 9:966-79. 2011..The resulting multivalent glycoconjugates often display a much higher binding affinity for their targets compared to their monovalent counterparts, a ..
- Caenorhabditis elegans galectins LEC-6 and LEC-1 recognize a chemically synthesized Galbeta1-4Fuc disaccharide unit which is present in Protostomia glycoconjugatesTomoharu Takeuchi
Department of Biological Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Teikyo University, 1091 1 Suarashi, Sagamiko, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 229 0195, Japan
Glycobiology 19:1503-10. 2009..Furthermore, since glycans containing the Galbeta1-4Fuc disaccharide unit have been found in organisms belonging to Protostomia, this unit might be a common glyco-epitope recognized by galectins in these organisms...
- A chemical surface modification of chitosan by glycoconjugates to enhance the cell-biomaterial interactionYu Chi Wang
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taipei 106, Taiwan
Biomacromolecules 4:224-31. 2003....
- Identification of glycoconjugates in the urine of a patient with congenital disorder of glycosylation by high-resolution mass spectrometrySergey Y Vakhrushev
Institute for Medical Physics and Biophysics, Biomedical Analysis Department, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Proteomics 6:983-92. 2006..Taking advantage of this strategy, the number of compositions assigned to mass peaks was significantly increased in a fraction obtained from urine by size exclusion and anion exchange chromatography...
- Echinococcus granulosus: induction of T-independent antibody response against protoscolex glycoconjugates in early experimental infectionAdriana Baz
Catedra de Inmunologia, Dpto Biociencias, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad de la Republica, Casilla de Correos 1157, Montevideo, Uruguay
Exp Parasitol 119:460-6. 2008..In conclusion, the results presented here directly support the existence of T-independent immunogens in E. granulosus protoscoleces and suggest that T-independent antibody response may be quantitatively important in early infection...
- Oligosaccharides and glycoconjugates in human milk: their role in host defenseD S Newburg
Department of Biochemistry, Shriver Center for Mental Retardation, Waltham, Massachusetts 02254, USA
J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia 1:271-83. 1996..Prominent among postulated defense agents are the milk oligosaccharides and glycoconjugates. Their complex carbohydrate structures are thought to be assembled by the same enzymes, the ..
- Sulfated glycoconjugates enhance CD36-dependent adhesion of Plasmodium falciparum-infected erythrocytes to human microvascular endothelial cellsC J McCormick
Adhesion and Infection Laboratory and the Molecular Parasitology Group, Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Blood 96:327-33. 2000..The sulfated glycoconjugates heparin, fucoidan, dextran sulfate 5000, and dextran sulfate 500 000 caused a dramatic increase in adhesion ..
- Proteome analysis of Aspergillus fumigatus total membrane proteins identifies proteins associated with the glycoconjugates and cell wall biosynthesis using 2D LC-MS/MSHaomiao Ouyang
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Resources, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
Mol Biotechnol 44:177-89. 2010We attempted to identify membrane proteins associated with the glycoconjugates and cell wall biosynthesis in the total membrane preparations of Aspergillus fumigatus...
- Identification of a compensatory mutant (lpg2-REV) of Leishmania major able to survive as amastigotes within macrophages without LPG2-dependent glycoconjugates and its significance to virulence and immunization strategiesGerald F Späth
Department of Molecular Microbiology, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Infect Immun 72:3622-7. 2004Different Leishmania species rely to different extents on abundant glycoconjugates, such as lipophosphoglycan (LPG) and related molecules, in mammalian infections...
- Deglycosylation of human glycoconjugates by the sequential activities of exoglycosidases expressed by Streptococcus pneumoniaeSamantha J King
Department of Microbiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Microbiol 59:961-74. 2006..pneumoniae to deglycosylate human targets and suggest that in addition to NanA, BgaA and StrH also contribute to pneumococcal colonization and/or pathogenesis...
- GPI-anchored proteins and glycoconjugates segregate into lipid rafts in KinetoplastidaP W Denny
Wellcome Trust Laboratories for Molecular Parasitology, Department of Biochemistry, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, SW7 1AZ, London, UK
FEBS Lett 491:148-53. 2001..the divergent eukaryotic parasites, Leishmania and Trypanosoma, are highly specialised, with a thick coat of glycoconjugates and glycoproteins playing a central role in virulence...
- Glycoconjugate Data Bank: Structures--an annotated glycan structure database and N-glycan primary structure verification serviceTaku Nakahara
Laboratory of Advanced Chemical Biology, Graduate School of Advanced Life Science, Frontier Research Center for the Post Genomic Science and Technology, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 36:D368-71. 2008..The results of getCARBO are stored and presented in GDB:Structures...
- Glycoconjugate binding of gastric and enterohepatic Helicobacter sppSean O Hynes
Department of Medical Microbiology, Dermatology and Infection, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Infect Immun 71:2976-80. 2003..In addition, in H. hepaticus and H. bilis, binding may be sialic acid dependent. The presence or absence and differences in the levels of activity of lectin adhesins may reflect the species' ecological niche...
- Biotinylated multivalent glycoconjugates for surface coatingAlexander A Chinarev
M M Shemyakin and Yu A Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russian Federation
Methods Mol Biol 600:67-78. 2010..Here we describe a synthetic approach to polyacrylamide-based glycoconjugates with biotin tag, with special emphasis to development of carbohydrate biosensors and arrays.
- Loss of phospholipid membrane asymmetry and sialylated glycoconjugates from erythrocyte surface in haemoglobin E beta-thalassaemiaSumanta Basu
Biophysics Division, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, 1 AF Bidhannagar, Kolkata, India
Br J Haematol 141:92-9. 2008..A more facilitated vesiculation process in HbEbeta-thalassaemic erythrocytes could lead to faster shedding of glycophorin-containing microvesicles, leaving highly PS-exposed erythrocytes accessible to phagocytes...
- Bottlenecks for metabolic engineering of isoflavone glycoconjugates in ArabidopsisChang Jun Liu
Plant Biology Division, Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, 2510 Sam Noble Parkway, Ardmore, OK 73401, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:14578-83. 2002..The bottleneck for constitutive isoflavone production in Arabidopsis is, therefore, competition for flavanone between IFS and endogenous flavonol synthesis, and the flavonol pathway is reciprocally but disproportionately affected by IFS...
- Distribution of glycoconjugates during cochlea development in mice: light microscopic lectin studyJoaquin Rueda
Departamento de Histología y Anatomía, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, San Juan de Alicante, Spain
Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol 274:923-33. 2003During development, different epithelial cells in the mouse cochlea express different cell surface glycoconjugates, which may reflect membrane specialization...
- Partial characterisation of high-molecular weight glycoconjugates in the trail mucus of the freshwater pond snail Lymnaea stagnalisSimon Ballance
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 137:475-86. 2004We have studied the glycoconjugates in trail mucus of the pond snail Lymnaea stagnalis...
- Glycoconjugates of choroidal neovascular membranes in age-related macular degenerationRobert F Mullins
Center for Macular Degeneration, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, The University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA, USA
Mol Vis 11:509-17. 2005..The purpose of this study was to characterize the carbohydrate groups associated with CNV by lectin histochemistry...
- Lectin binding patterns in nonsensory regions of rat cochlea during postnatal developmentK M Khan
Department of Anatomy, The Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
J Anat 194:497-504. 1999The distribution of glycoconjugates was examined in the nonsensory regions of the rat cochlea during postnatal development using biotin-conjugated lectins...
- Glycoconjugates in sperm function and gamete interactions: how much sugar does it take to sweet-talk the egg?A B Diekman
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 W Markham St, 516, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 60:298-308. 2003b>Glycoconjugates in the mammalian reproductive tract are critical components of the molecular mechanisms that control sperm maturation, sperm transport and gamete interactions...
- Structure, functions, and biosynthesis of glycoconjugates of Leishmania spp. cell surfaceN M Novozhilova
Shemyakin and Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 75:686-94. 2010....
- 5500 QTRAPJohn W Turk; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thomas Baranski, WU);(4) Role of glycoconjugates and sphingolipids in kinetoplastid parasite growth and virulence (Dr. Steven Beverley, WU, and Dr...
- Investigation on Oligosaccharides as Antimicrobial and PrebioticsPeng George Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..These beads function as stable and versatile synthetic reagents, which can be used to synthesize a variety of glycoconjugates in cell-free systems...
- Photocrosslinking characterization of heat-labile toxin glycoreceptorsAmberlyn M Wands; Fiscal Year: 2013..is believed to be that of the monosialoganglioside GM1a, but its targeted binding pocket can also accommodate glycoconjugates carrying terminal N- acetyllactosamine (Gal[unreadable]1-4GlcNAc[unreadable]1-3-R) epitopes (albeit with ..
- GLYCOSYLATION MUTANTS OF LEISHMANIASalvatore J Turco; Fiscal Year: 2012..Leishmania express a family of structurally interrelated glycoconjugates, dominated by its surface lipophosphoglycan (LPG), that have critical roles in parasite survival and ..
- Synthetic Oligosaccharides for Probing Infection and Innate ImmunityGeert Jan Boons; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Although it is widely appreciated that host and pathogen derived glycoconjugates play key roles in infection and immunity, molecular details of these processes are often difficult to dissect due to ..
- Synthetic saccharides to study immunological properties of Streptococcus pneumoniAlexei V Demchenko; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long-term goal of the PI's research is to make synthetic complex carbohydrates and glycoconjugates more accessible to general chemical, biochemical, and industrial audiences to keep pace with the exploding ..
- Synthesis of immunogenic glycolipopeptides for the development of vaccines for ChKatja Michael; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our goal is to construct fully synthetic glycoconjugates that resemble the cell surface of the parasite, and test them in immunization studies in mice...
- Development and Testing of Novel Glanders Vaccine CandidatesPaul J Brett; Fiscal Year: 2011..thailandensis OPS mutants. The goal of the current research proposal is to synthesize a variety of OPS-based glycoconjugates and evaluate their protective capacity in an animal model of glanders...
- Epithelial Glycoconjugates as Barriers against Enteric InfectionsNicholas J Mantis; Fiscal Year: 2013..The expression patterns of these glycoconjugates can thus impact the host's underlying susceptibility to infection...
- Modulation of MUC1 Mucin TraffickingRebecca P Hughey; Fiscal Year: 2010..proteins secreted by a non-classical pathway from the cytoplasm to cross-link extracellular glycoconjugates. Therefore, we will test the hypothesis that apical targeting of MUC1 and formation of an EGFR-MUC1 complex ..
- Identification of a Parasite-Specific, Lipid-Metabolic Pathway Essential for LeisKai Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2009..In comparison to membrane proteins and glycoconjugates, the biology of lipids has been extremely understudied in protozoan pathogens...
- Excessive Lysosomal Exocytosis Triggers Pathogenic Mechanisms in Sialidosis MiceALESSANDRA D'AZZO; Fiscal Year: 2013..NEU1 initiates the hydrolysis of sialo-glycoconjugates by removing their terminal sialic acids...
- Effects of Shear on Specific Adhesion Receptor Expression and Binding in the BactJames D Bryers; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., blood plasma proteins, carbohydrates, and glycoconjugates) is a critical first step in a cascade of processes leading to biofilm formation;host tissue invasion, ..
- Virulence Mechanisms in Candida GlabrataCarlos A Gomez; Fiscal Year: 2010..I wish to determine the structural basis of Epa-mediated binding to host glycoconjugates, This will be done by X ray crystallographic analysis of the lectin domain of one or more Epa proteins...
- Chemical tools for studying fucosylated glycansPeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..harness fucosyl activation and transfer enzymes from bacterial sources to synthesize fucosylated glycans and glycoconjugates for their functional studies...
- Metabolic Engineering of Cancer for ImmunotargetingZhongwu Guo; Fiscal Year: 2012..This proposal will continue to test various glycoconjugates as vaccines for the new immunotherapeutic strategy, verify other related issues, and evaluate in vitro and in ..
- Functional Characterization of Leishmania TransportersScott M Landfear; Fiscal Year: 2010..These fates of glucose include: i) incorporation into glycoconjugates and complex carbohydrates, ii) metabolism via the pentose phosphate pathway to generate NADPH and ribose ..
- Fucosyl transferases in inflammation and angiogenesisAlisa E Koch; Fiscal Year: 2013..Moreover, this antigen is inducible and upregulated in human RA ST. MAb 4A11 detects the glycoconjugates H-5-2 (abbreviated H) and Lewisy-6 (Ley), collectively termed Ley/H...
- Glycoconjugates and Cardiovascular DiseaseGerald Warren Hart; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have assembled a team of leading and rising star glycoscientists to not only elucidate the roles of glycoconjugates in cardiovascular disease and cardioprotection during ischemia, but also to be able to create a world-class ..
- The Role of Human Milk in Infant Nutrition and HealthArdythe L Morrow; Fiscal Year: 2013..milk glycans, particularly, the a1,2 fucosyl ("secretor") oligosaccharides and their high molecular weight glycoconjugates, are a major new class of antimicrobial agents...
- High-specificity affinity reagents for N-glycosylation site mapping and glycomicsRobert J Woods; Fiscal Year: 2013..Therefore, a single change in a cell's glycosylation machinery can affect many different glycoconjugates. To effectively employ and discover glycan disease markers new glycan-specific reagents are urgently needed...
- GLYCOLIPIDS AND EXPERIMENTAL NEUROPATHYRobert K Yu; Fiscal Year: 2012..These glycoconjugates include bacterial lipopolysaccharides (LPSs) that share carbohydrate epitopes similar to those of GSLs...
- PGT Inhibitors Mapped From a Tunicamycin BlueprintBarbara Imperiali; Fiscal Year: 2013..Such glycoconjugates play critical roles in the interactions of microbial pathogens with the hosts that they infect, however, ..
- Protein-glycan Interactions in the Vascular SystemLijun Xia; Fiscal Year: 2013..The data obtained will enhance our understanding of the functions of lectins and glycoconjugates during inflammation, thrombosis, and vascular development...
- Glycoconjugate therapeutic peptides for improved treatment of human diseasesADAM CHARLES FISHER; Fiscal Year: 2013..This will be accomplished through the following specific aims: (1) express a panel of therapeutic peptide glycoconjugates and screen for expression and glycosylation efficiency;and (2) screen glycoconjugate drug candidates for ..
- Chemical Cell Surface EngineeringCarolyn R Bertozzi; Fiscal Year: 2013..The biological functions of natural glycoconjugates are difficult to study due to a dearth of experimental tools...
- Impact of glycosylation on PsrP functionAnel Lizcano; Fiscal Year: 2013..To investigate and compare the composition of the glycoconjugates present on PsrP, glycosylated and unglycosylated purified protein was analyzed by High Performance Anion ..
- Inhibition of Glycoprotein Biosynthesis in Gram-Negative PathogensBarbara Imperiali; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the past decade bacterial cell surface glycoconjugates, including the lipopolysaccharide (LPS) component of the outer cell wall and cell surface N- and O-linked ..
- Glycobiological Analysis of Plasmodium-Vector Host InteractionsRHOEL DAVID RAMOS DINGLASAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Research Design: The research plan includes: a) functional analyses of mosquito midgut glycoconjugates during Plasmodium invasion through RNAi knock-down of mosquito glycosyl- and sulfo-transferases, b) proteomic ..
- Inhibition of prokaryote-specific saccharide biosynthesis in microbial pathogensBarbara Imperiali; Fiscal Year: 2013..Just in the last few years bacterial cell surface glycoconjugates, including the lipopolysaccharide component of the outer cell wall and cell surface N- and O-linked ..
- Integrated Technology Resource for Biomedial GlycomicsJAMES MICHAEL PIERCE; Fiscal Year: 2011..technologies and tools for the biomedical community to facilitate the study of glycomics: the glycans, glycoconjugates, proteins that regulate their expression, and proteins that recognize them...
- NERVOUS TISSUE GLYCOCONJUGATESRICHARD MARGOLIS; Fiscal Year: 2000..g.,following spinal cord injury or stroke), where there is experimental evidence that they may have therapeutic utility. ..
- New strategies for expeditious oligosaccharide synthesisAlexei V Demchenko; Fiscal Year: 2011..belief that exciting scientific discoveries will simplify the synthesis of complex oligosaccharides and glycoconjugates and help to incorporate novel insights into the curriculum as learning tools...
- Shotgun Glycomics: Linking Glycan Structure and FunctionDavid F Smith; Fiscal Year: 2011..in "glyco-chemistry" that allow us to fluorescently tag free glycans released from specific cell or tissue glycoconjugates. These novel, bifunctional, fluorescent tags allow us to detect sub-microgram quantities of glycans that are ..
- Mechanistic Investigation of the Mycobacterial Glycosyltransferase GlfT2Matthew R Levengood; Fiscal Year: 2010..of pyranose sugars in biology is emerging, but comparatively less is known about furanose-containing glycoconjugates. The presence of these glycans in various microbes demonstrates their importance...
- NATIONAL CENTER FOR BIOMEDICAL GLYCOMICS J Michael Pierce; Fiscal Year: 2013..can be defined in several ways, but in terms of our Center, we define Glycomics as the study of glycans, glycoconjugates, the proteins that regulate their expression, and the proteins that recognize them;in particular, we are ..
- Structure and function of family 1 glycosyltransferasesR Garavito; Fiscal Year: 2006NDP-sugar glycosyltransferases are critical for the biosynthesis of all complex carbohydrates and glycoconjugates. This large and diverse class of enzymes catalyzes the transfer of saccharide units onto the target compounds to create a ..
- Photogenerated Carbohydrate MicroarraysMingdi Yan; Fiscal Year: 2012..array chemistries will accommodate a wide range of carbohydrates from simple monosaccharides to more complex glycoconjugates. In Aim 2, the impact of ligand display (ligand presentation, linker length, matrix) on binding affinity and ..
- GLIA AND GLYCOCONJUGATES IN THE NEOSTRIATUMDennis Steindler; Fiscal Year: 1999..The following proposal will test possible roles for astrocytes and glycoconjugates during normal and abnormal development of a clinically important area of the brain, the nigrostriatal circuit...
- Chemical Protein GlycosylationKAI H GRIEBENOW; Fiscal Year: 2012..g., structural dynamics, thermodynamic stability) of the glycoconjugates and with the chemical glycosylation variables (e.g...
- 'Immunity of Schistosome Glycoconjugates'Richard Cummings; Fiscal Year: 2001..2) We will develop new diagnostic immunoassays to detect for the presence of (a) antibodies to schistosome glycoconjugates and (b) circulating schistosome glycoconjugates using available monoclonal antibodies (mabs) and additional ..
- Phosphomannomutase (PMM) as a Novel Drug Target for the Parasite LeishmaniaJUSTIN WYATT; Fiscal Year: 2007..Leishmania is known to synthesize a range of mannose-rich glycoconjugates called phosphoglycans that form the cell surface or that are secreted; these are the molecules involved in ..
- Carbohydrate-Dependent Adhesion in Normal and Tumor CellsMinoru Fukuda; Fiscal Year: 2012..The work centers around sulfated, fucosylated glycoconjugates in lymphocyte trafficking, tumor progression, and myelopoiesis...
- GLYCOCONJUGATES IN SYMPATHO-ADRENAL DEVELOPMENTGERALD SCHWARTING; Fiscal Year: 1990The objectives of this proposal are to elucidate the regulation and function of cell surface glycoconjugates in the development of cells of sympatho-adrenal lineage, and to identify specific glycoconjugates as stage- and lineage-specific ..
- GLYCOLIPID E-SELECTIN LIGANDS ON HUMAN GRANULOCYTESBruce Bochner; Fiscal Year: 2003..protein which mediates cell-cell adhesion early in this immune response by binding to leukocyte surface glycoconjugates. The identification of normal human granulocyte glycoconjugates responsible for E-selectin-mediated cell ..
- Control of Immune Cell SialylationKENTON MILLER; Fiscal Year: 2007..B cell function requires the appropriate expression of multiple lineage and developmental-stage specific glycoconjugates. Further, the glycan portion of at least one such glycoconjugate requires a 2,6-linked sialic acid residue ..
- GLYCOCONJUGATES INVOLVED IN HOST/PARASITE INTERACTIONSBIBHUTI SINGH; Fiscal Year: 2002..Cell surface glycoconjugates appear to mediate parasite binding to host cells...
- SIALIC ACID MODULATION REGULATES NEUTROPHIL DIAPEDESISAlan Cross; Fiscal Year: 2002..Adapted from the applicant's abstract): Sialic acids are amino sugars that are present on mammalian cells as glycoconjugates and impart to these cells a negative surface charge...
- Studies of naturally occurring structurally modified carbohydratesXi Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..modifications due to technical difficulties in obtaining homogenous structurally modified carbohydrates and glycoconjugates. The long-term goal of this program is to develop novel chemo-enzymatic methods for synthesizing structurally ..
- Glycoside Inhibitors of Tumor MetastasisJeffrey Esko; Fiscal Year: 2009..acting as alternate substrates (decoys), and alter the expression of sialyl Lewis X (sLe x) on cell surface glycoconjugates, sLe x constitutes part of the carbohydrate ligand recognized by cell adhesion molecules belonging to the ..
- GLYCOSIDE ANTAGONISTS OF GLYCOSYLATIONJeffrey Esko; Fiscal Year: 2000..b>Glycoconjugates play important roles in inflammation, tumor cell migration, and infection...
- 'Immunity of Schistosome Glycoconjugates'Richard Cummings; Fiscal Year: 2003..to be obtained to develop new diagnostic immunoassays to detect the presence of circulating schistosome glycoconjugates and antibodies to these glycoconjugates...
- NEUROIMMUNOLOGY AND PATHOLOGY OF NEUROCYSTICERCOSISJUDY TEALE; Fiscal Year: 2009..Based upon the findings, the central hypothesis is that the uptake and storage of glycoconjugates play an important role in effecting a prolonged innate immune response, breach of the blood brain barrier (..
- MASS SPECTROMETRY RESOURCE FOR BIOLOGY AND MEDICINECatherine E Costello; Fiscal Year: 2013..Ion mobility mass spectrometry will be investigated for the analysis of glycans, glycoconjugates and complex peptide mixtures and for the characterization of noncovalent complexes...
- Biosynthesis and transbilayer flipping of mycobacterial PIM glycolipidsDelphi Chatterjee; Fiscal Year: 2009..of mycobacteria, because they are biosynthetic precursors in the assembly of the key cell surface glycoconjugates lipomannan (LM) and lipoarabinomannan (LAM)...
- CHEMISTRY AND BIOCHEMISTRY OF GLYCOCONJUGATESYUAN LEE; Fiscal Year: 2005..The first two systems bind Galalpha (1-4)Gal segment (galabiose) of glycoconjugates, but binding of Gal-containing materials by CRP has not been carefully studied...
- GLYCOPROTEIN SHEDDING AND METASTASISBRUCE BOSMANN; Fiscal Year: 1980b>Glycoconjugates, primarily glycoproteins, are implicated in oncogenesis, maintenance of the neoplastic state and metastasis...
- ETHANOL CEREBELLAR PATHOLOGY--RETINOIDS AND GLYCOLIPIDSM Ullman; Fiscal Year: 2001..embryonic antigen-1 (SSEA-1) and 9-O-acetyl gangliosides (JONES); antigens thought to be essential glycoconjugates for cell adhesion to and migration along glial processes in the developing cerebellum...
- SYNTHESES APPLICATIONS OF ALPHA GALACTOSYL EPITOPESPeng Wang; Fiscal Year: 2002..were shown to enhance antigen presentation by the natural human anti-Gal antibody, and alpha-Gal-immunotoxin glycoconjugates are being used to target B cells which generate anti-Gal antibody...
- DEVELOPMENT GLYCOBIOLOGY OF CAENORHABDITIS ELEGANSRichard Cummings; Fiscal Year: 2003b>Glycoconjugates are important in cell recognition/adhesion and protein targeting/folding...
- Shared Instrumentation Grant: LTQ Linear Ion Trap Mass SpectrometerJeffrey Esko; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Glycoconjugates play crucial roles in many fundamental biological processes, and changes in glycan structure correlate with certain diseases and disorders...
- MOUSE GALTRANSFERASE--STRUCTURE/EXPRESSIONJOEL SHAPER; Fiscal Year: 2004b>Glycoconjugates are a major class of molecules found on the surface of all cells including developing male germ cells...
- 2013/2015 Glycobiology Gordon Research Conference &Gordon Research SeminarKelley W Moremen; Fiscal Year: 2013..conferences will continue a tradition of emphasis on the structure, function, and biology of macromolecular glycoconjugates. Oral sessions will include: glycan diversity (keynote session), glycosylation and quality control, structure ..