Genomes and Genes
Summary: The compound is given by intravenous injection to do POSITRON-EMISSION TOMOGRAPHY for the assessment of cerebral and myocardial glucose metabolism in various physiological or pathological states including stroke and myocardial ischemia. It is also employed for the detection of malignant tumors including those of the brain, liver, and thyroid gland. (From Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, p1162)
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications318 found, 100 shown here
- From RECIST to PERCIST: Evolving Considerations for PET response criteria in solid tumorsRichard L Wahl
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 0817, USA
J Nucl Med 50:122S-50S. 2009..1. This article also reviews qualitative and quantitative approaches to metabolic tumor response assessment with (18)F-FDG PET and proposes a draft framework for PET Response Criteria in Solid Tumors (PERCIST), version 1.0...
- Revised response criteria for malignant lymphomaBruce D Cheson
Division of Hematology Oncology, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:579-86. 2007..Standardized response criteria are needed to interpret and compare clinical trials and for approval of new therapeutic agents by regulatory agencies...
- FDG PET and PET/CT: EANM procedure guidelines for tumour PET imaging: version 1.0Ronald Boellaard
Department of Nuclear Medicine and PET Research, VU University Medical Centre, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:181-200. 2010....
- Tumor volume in subcutaneous mouse xenografts measured by microCT is more accurate and reproducible than determined by 18F-FDG-microPET or external caliperMette Munk Jensen
Cluster for Molecular Imaging, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
BMC Med Imaging 8:16. 2008..Furthermore, we evaluated the accuracy of tumor volume determined from 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose (18F-FDG) PET...
- Positron-emission tomography and assessment of cancer therapyMalik E Juweid
Department of Radiology and the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
N Engl J Med 354:496-507. 2006
- Comparison of diffusion-weighted MR imaging and FDG PET/CT to predict pathological complete response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in patients with breast cancerSang Hee Park
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University Hospital, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, South Korea
Eur Radiol 22:18-25. 2012..To compare the use of diffusion-weighted MR imaging (DWI) and (18)F-FDG PET/CT to predict pathological complete response (pCR) in breast cancer patients receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy...
- Imaging atherosclerotic plaque inflammation with [18F]-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomographyJ H F Rudd
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Circulation 105:2708-11. 2002..In this study we tested whether 18FDG-PET imaging can identify inflammation within carotid artery atherosclerotic plaques...
- Prognostic value of metabolic tumor burden on 18F-FDG PET in nonsurgical patients with non-small cell lung cancerShengri Liao
Department of Radiology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 39:27-38. 2012....
- Time course of tumor metabolic activity during chemoradiotherapy of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma and response to treatmentHinrich A Wieder
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitaet Muenchen, Ismaningerstrasse 22, D 81675 Munich, Germany
J Clin Oncol 22:900-8. 2004....
- Recommendations on the use of 18F-FDG PET in oncologyJames W Fletcher
Department of Radiology, Indiana Purdue University, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 5253, USA
J Nucl Med 49:480-508. 2008..Outcomes of interest included the use of (18)F-FDG PET for diagnosing, staging, and detecting the recurrence or progression of cancer...
- Molecular imaging of proliferation in malignant lymphomaAndreas K Buck
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Cancer Res 66:11055-61. 2006....
- Impact of animal handling on the results of 18F-FDG PET studies in miceBarbara J Fueger
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Nucl Med 47:999-1006. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine how these factors affect assessment of tumor glucose use by (18)F-FDG PET and to develop an imaging protocol that optimizes visualization of tumor xenografts...
- The Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative positron emission tomography coreWilliam J Jagust
Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA
Alzheimers Dement 6:221-9. 2010..This is a progress report of the Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI) positron emission tomography (PET) Core...
- Interim [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography scan in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated with anthracycline-based chemotherapy plus rituximabViolaine Safar
Lymphoid Malignancies Unit, Hopital Henri Mondor, Université Paris Est Créteil 51, Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
J Clin Oncol 30:184-90. 2012..Images were interpreted both visually and by computing maximum standardized uptake value (SUV(max)) between PET performed at baseline and after two cycles of chemotherapy...
- Is 18F-FDG PET accurate to predict neoadjuvant therapy response in breast cancer? A meta-analysisYuting Wang
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, 227 South Chongqing Rd, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Breast Cancer Res Treat 131:357-69. 2012..However, further prospective studies are warranted to assess this regimen and adequately position PET in treatment management...
- Prediction of outcome in head-and-neck cancer patients using the standardized uptake value of 2-[18F]fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucoseAbdelkarim S Allal
Division of Radiation Oncology, Geneva University Hospital, 24 Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 59:1295-300. 2004..Pretreatment FDG uptake was evaluated as a predictor of local control (LC) and disease-free survival (DFS) in patients with head-and-neck cancer managed primarily either by radiotherapy (RT) or surgery...
- Standardized uptake value by positron emission tomography/computed tomography as a prognostic variable in metastatic breast cancerPatrick G Morris
Breast Cancer Medicine Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Cancer 118:5454-62. 2012....
- Hypoxia-inducible factor determines sensitivity to inhibitors of mTOR in kidney cancerGeorge V Thomas
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Nat Med 12:122-7. 2006..Our findings provide preclinical rationale for prospective, biomarker-driven clinical studies of mTOR inhibitors in kidney cancer and suggest that FDG-PET scans may have use as a pharmacodynamic marker in this setting...
- EANM procedure guidelines for PET brain imaging using [18F]FDG, version 2Andrea Varrone
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Psychiatry Section, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Hospital R5 02, 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 36:2103-10. 2009..These guidelines are intended to present information specifically adapted for European practice. The information provided should be taken in the context of local conditions and regulations...
- Spatial heterogeneity in sarcoma 18F-FDG uptake as a predictor of patient outcomeJanet F Eary
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Departments of Radiology and Orthopedic Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Nucl Med 49:1973-9. 2008..This study presents data to support the hypothesis that a new heterogeneity-analysis algorithm applied to (18)F-FDG PET images of tumors in patients is predictive of patient outcome...
- Differential effects of global and cerebellar normalization on detection and differentiation of dementia in FDG-PET studiesJuergen Dukart
Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences, Stephanstr 1A 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Neuroimage 49:1490-5. 2010..While cerebellar normalization seems to be more sensitive for early diagnosis, cerebral global normalization might be superior for differential diagnostic purposes in dementia syndromes...
- Brain glucose metabolism in the early and specific diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease. FDG-PET studies in MCI and ADLisa Mosconi
Department of Clinical Pathophysiology, University of Florence, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 32:486-510. 2005..All told, there is considerable promise that early and specific diagnosis is feasible through a combination of imaging modalities...
- Primary tumor standardized uptake value (SUVmax) measured on fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography (FDG-PET) is of prognostic value for survival in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): a systematic review and meta-analysis (MA) by the European LuThierry Berghmans
Department of Intensive Care Unit and Thoracic Oncology, Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles ULB, Bruxelles, Belgium
J Thorac Oncol 3:6-12. 2008..Primary tumor standardized uptake value (SUV) has been studied as a potential prognostic factor for survival. However, the sample sizes are limited leading to conduct a meta-analysis to improve the precision in estimating its effect...
- 18F-FDG PET and CT/MRI in oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma: a prospective study of 124 patients with histologic correlationShu Hang Ng
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University, Taiwan
J Nucl Med 46:1136-43. 2005..In this prospective study, we evaluated the use of 18F-FDG PET, CT/MRI, and their visual correlation for the identification of primary tumors and cervical nodal metastases of SCC of the oral cavity with histologic correlation...
- Staging of non-small-cell lung cancer with integrated positron-emission tomography and computed tomographyDidier Lardinois
Divisions of Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
N Engl J Med 348:2500-7. 2003....
- Effect of respiratory gating on quantifying PET images of lung cancerSadek A Nehmeh
Department of Medical Physics, Nuclear Medicine Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Nucl Med 43:876-81. 2002..We have developed a new technique to gate lung 18F-FDG PET images in synchronization with the respiratory motion to reduce smearing due to breathing and improve quantitation of 18F-FDG uptake in lung lesions...
- FDG PET of primary benign and malignant bone tumors: standardized uptake value in 52 lesionsJ Aoki
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Gunma University School of Medicine, 3 39 22 Showa machi, Maebashi 371 8511, Japan
Radiology 219:774-7. 2001..To evaluate the standardized uptake value (SUV) of 2-[fluorine-18]fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose (FDG) at positron emission tomography (PET) in the differentiation of benign from malignant bone lesions...
- Prediction of cognitive decline in normal elderly subjects with 2-[(18)F]fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose/poitron-emission tomography (FDG/PET)M J de Leon
Center for Brain Health, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:10966-71. 2001..Further study is required to estimate individual risks and to determine the physiologic basis for METglu changes detected while cognition is normal...
- Is there a role for fluorine 18 fluorodeoxyglucose-positron emission tomography and positron emission tomography/computed tomography in evaluating patients with mycobacteriosis? A systematic reviewGiorgio Treglia
Nuclear Medicine Unit, Department of Bioimaging and Radiological Sciences, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
J Comput Assist Tomogr 35:387-93. 2011..This study was designed to review the emerging role of fluorine 18 fluorodeoxyglucose (¹⁸F-FDG)-positron emission tomography (PET) CT/computed tomography (PET/CT) in patients with mycobacteriosis...
- Comparison of different methods for delineation of 18F-FDG PET-positive tissue for target volume definition in radiotherapy of patients with non-Small cell lung cancerUrsula Nestle
Department for Nuclear Medicine, Saarland University Medical Center, Homburg Saar, Germany
J Nucl Med 46:1342-8. 2005..This investigation compared the gross tumor volumes (GTVs) resulting from 4 methods used for this purpose in a set of clinical cases...
- Extra-pulmonary manifestations of sarcoidosisV Vardhanabhuti
Radiology Department, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, UK
Clin Radiol 67:263-76. 2012..In this paper, we comprehensively review the imaging features of extra-pulmonary sarcoidosis with characteristic features as well as atypical presentations. In addition, we discuss the emerging role of nuclear medicine in sarcoidosis...
- Tumor volume in pharyngolaryngeal squamous cell carcinoma: comparison at CT, MR imaging, and FDG PET and validation with surgical specimenJean François Daisne
Head and Neck Oncology Program, St Luc University Hospital, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 10 Ave Hippocrate, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Radiology 233:93-100. 2004....
- Infection dynamics and response to chemotherapy in a rabbit model of tuberculosis using [¹⁸F]2-fluoro-deoxy-D-glucose positron emission tomography and computed tomographyLaura E Via
Tuberculosis Research Section, Laboratory of Clinical Infectious Diseases, National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Disease, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:4391-402. 2012..The results from this study suggest that rabbits may be a useful surrogate species for evaluating novel chemotherapies and understanding changes in both PET and CT scans in human clinical trials...
- Changes in 18F-FDG tumor metabolism after a first course of neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer: influence of tumor subtypesO Humbert
Departments of Nuclear Medicine
Ann Oncol 23:2572-7. 2012..The aim of this study is to evaluate the impact of the different breast cancer subtypes on the tumor (18)F-FDG uptake at baseline and on its changes after the first course of neoadjuvant chemotherapy (NAC)...
- The predictive value of 18F-FDG-PET early evaluation in patients with metastatic gastric adenocarcinoma treated with chemotherapy plus cetuximabFrancesca Di Fabio
Medical Oncology Unit, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Via Albertoni, 15 40138, Bologna, Italy
Gastric Cancer 10:221-7. 2007....
- The role of 18F-FDG PET in staging and early prediction of response to therapy of recurrent gastrointestinal stromal tumorsIsis Gayed
Department of Nuclear Medicine, M D Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Nucl Med 45:17-21. 2004..Therefore, we compared the roles of (18)F-FDG PET and CT in staging and evaluation of early response to imatinib mesylate therapy in recurrent or metastatic GIST...
- Optical imaging of Cerenkov light generation from positron-emitting radiotracersR Robertson
Department of Imaging Sciences, Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Phys Med Biol 54:N355-65. 2009....
- Consensus recommendations for the use of 18F-FDG PET as an indicator of therapeutic response in patients in National Cancer Institute TrialsLalitha K Shankar
Cancer Imaging Program, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Nucl Med 47:1059-66. 2006
- Multicenter standardized 18F-FDG PET diagnosis of mild cognitive impairment, Alzheimer's disease, and other dementiasLisa Mosconi
Center for Brain Health, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Nucl Med 49:390-8. 2008....
- 2-[18F]-2-deoxy-D-glucose (FDG) uptake in human tumor cells is related to the expression of GLUT-1 and hexokinase IIL C Ong
Singapore General Hospital, Singapore National Cancer Centre, Singapore
Acta Radiol 49:1145-53. 2008..Many tumors have been shown to overexpress facilitated glucose transporters, especially GLUT-1 and a glycolytic enzyme, hexokinase II...
- Procedure guideline for tumor imaging with 18F-FDG PET/CT 1.0Dominique Delbeke
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2675, USA
J Nucl Med 47:885-95. 2006
- Improvements in cancer staging with PET/CT: literature-based evidence as of September 2006Johannes Czernin
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, Ahmanson Biological Imaging Clinic Nuclear Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095 6948, USA
J Nucl Med 48:78S-88S. 2007..From these data, we believe, has emerged reliable evidence in support of the notion that PET/CT offers diagnostic advantages over its individual components for the major cancers...
- Individual cerebral metabolic deficits in Alzheimer's disease and amnestic mild cognitive impairment: an FDG PET studyAngelo Del Sole
Institute of Radiological Sciences, University of Milan, Unit of Nuclear Medicine, Hospital San Paolo, Via Antonio di Rudinì, 8, 20142 Milan, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 35:1357-66. 2008..The purpose of the study was the identification of group and individual subject patterns of cerebral glucose metabolism (CMRGlu) in patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD) and with amnestic mild cognitive impairment (aMCI)...
- FDG-PET in the prediction of pathologic response after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy in locally advanced, resectable esophageal cancerSi Yeol Song
Department of Radiation Oncology, Asan Medical Center, College of Medicine, University of Ulsan, Seoul, South Korea
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 63:1053-9. 2005..To assess the efficacy of 18Fluorodeoxyglucose-positron emission tomography (FDG-PET) for predicting a pathologic response in locally advanced esophageal cancer after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy...
- Discrimination between Alzheimer dementia and controls by automated analysis of multicenter FDG PETK Herholz
University Cologne, Neurological Clinic and Max Planck Institute for Neurological Research, 50931 Koln, Germany
Neuroimage 17:302-16. 2002..Ventromedial frontal cortex was also abnormal. In conclusion, automated analysis of multicenter FDG PET is feasible, provides insights into AD pathophysiology, and can be used potentially as a sensitive biomarker for early AD diagnosis...
- Dual-time point PET/CT with F-18 FDG for the differentiation of malignant and benign bone lesionsRong Tian
Department of Nuclear Medicine, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Skeletal Radiol 38:451-8. 2009....
- Positron emission tomography with [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose to evaluate neutrophil kinetics during acute lung injuryDelphine L Chen
Campus Box 8225, Washington Univ School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Ave, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 286:L834-40. 2004..18F]FDG-PET imaging can detect pulmonary sequestration of activated neutrophils, despite the absence of alveolar neutrophilia. Thus [18F]FDG-PET imaging may be a useful tool to study neutrophil kinetics during ALI...
- Delayed (18)F-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose positron emission tomography scan for differentiation between malignant and benign lesions in the pancreasY Nakamoto
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Diagnostic Imaging, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Cancer 89:2547-54. 2000..The aim of this study was to investigate the usefulness of delayed scanning in differentiation between malignant and benign lesions in the pancreas...
- Breast imaging with positron emission tomography and fluorine-18 fluorodeoxyglucose: use and limitationsN Avril
Departments of Nuclear Medicine and Gynecology, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Clin Oncol 18:3495-502. 2000..To evaluate the diagnostic value of positron emission tomography (PET) using fluorine-18 fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) for the diagnosis of primary breast cancer...
- Evaluation of anesthesia effects on [18F]FDG uptake in mouse brain and heart using small animal PETHiroshi Toyama
Molecular Imaging Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Nucl Med Biol 31:251-6. 2004..Results suggest that anesthesia impedes FDG uptake in mouse brain and affects FDG uptake in heart; however, the effects in the brain and heart differ depending on the type of anesthesia used...
- Reproducibility of tumor uptake heterogeneity characterization through textural feature analysis in 18F-FDG PETFlorent Tixier
LATIM, INSERM UMR1101, CHRU Morvan, Brest, France
J Nucl Med 53:693-700. 2012..The primary objective of this study was to evaluate the reproducibility of these heterogeneity measurements...
- FDG PET of infection and inflammationCharito Love
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, 270 05 76th Ave, New Hyde Park, NY 11040, USA
Radiographics 25:1357-68. 2005....
- Feasibility of simultaneous PET/MR imaging in the head and upper neck areaAndreas Boss
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Eberhard Karls University, Tubingen, Germany
Eur Radiol 21:1439-46. 2011..The aim of this pilot study was to test and demonstrate the feasibility of simultaneous positron emission tomography (PET) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the head and upper neck area using a new hybrid PET/MRI system...
- Combined FDG-PET/CT for the detection of unknown primary tumors: systematic review and meta-analysisThomas C Kwee
Department of Radiology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur Radiol 19:731-44. 2009..In conclusion, FDG-PET/CT can be a useful method for unknown primary tumor detection. Future studies are required to prove the assumed advantage of FDG-PET/CT over FDG-PET alone and to further explore causes of heterogeneity...
- Effects of image characteristics on performance of tumor delineation methods: a test-retest assessmentPatsuree Cheebsumon
Department of Nuclear Medicine and PET Research, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 52:1550-8. 2011..The purpose of this study was to assess test-retest variability of tumor delineation methods, with emphasis on the effects of several image characteristics (e.g., resolution and contrast)...
- Standards for PET image acquisition and quantitative data analysisRonald Boellaard
Department of Nuclear Medicine and PET Research, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 50:11S-20S. 2009..Special attention is given to the rationale underlying certain recommendations and to some of the differences in various guidelines...
- Value of dual-time-point FDG PET/CT for mediastinal nodal staging in non-small-cell lung cancer patients with lung comorbidityMan Hu
Department of Radiation Oncology and Shandong Province Key Laboratory of Radiation Oncology, Shandong Cancer Hospital, Shandong Academy of Medical Sciences, Jinan, People s Republic of China
Clin Nucl Med 36:429-33. 2011..To evaluate the efficacy of dual-time-point F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography (FDG PET)/ computed tomography (CT) for mediastinal nodal staging in non-small-cell lung cancer patients with lung comorbidity...
- Standard uptake value and metabolic tumor volume of ¹⁸F-FDG PET/CT predict short-term outcome early in the course of chemoradiotherapy in advanced non-small cell lung cancerWei Huang
Department of Radiation Oncology Chest Section, Shandong Cancer Hospital, Shandong Academy of Medical Sciences, Jinan, People s Republic of China
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 38:1628-35. 2011....
- The value of ¹⁸F-FDG-PET/CT in the differential diagnosis of solitary pulmonary nodules in areas with a high incidence of tuberculosisYalun Li
Department of Respiratory Medicine, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, 37 Guoxue Lane, Chengdu 610041, China
Ann Nucl Med 25:804-11. 2011..The purpose of this study was to evaluate (18)F-FDG-PET, PET/CT, and CT in the diagnosis of benign or malignant solitary pulmonary nodules (SPNs) in areas with a high incidence of TB...
- 18F-FDG uptake in lung, breast, and colon cancers: molecular biology correlates and disease characterizationHossein Jadvar
Department of Radiology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
J Nucl Med 50:1820-7. 2009....
- Intratumoral metabolic heterogeneity of cervical cancerElizabeth A Kidd
Department of Radiation Oncology, Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University Medical Center, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:5236-41. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the pretreatment intratumoral metabolic heterogeneity of FDG...
- The value of 18F-DOPA PET-CT in patients with medullary thyroid carcinoma: comparison with 18F-FDG PET-CTMohsen Beheshti
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Endocrinology, PET CT Center LINZ, St Vincent s Hospital, Seilerstaette 4, 4020, Linz, Austria
Eur Radiol 19:1425-34. 2009....
- 18F-FDG PET/CT in the characterization and surgical decision concerning adrenal masses: a prospective multicentre evaluationCatherine Ansquer
Service de Medecine Nucleaire, CHU Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:1669-78. 2010..This prospective multicentre study assesses the usefulness of FDG PET/CT in characterizing and making the therapeutic decision concerning adrenal tumours that are suspicious or indeterminate in nature after conventional examinations (CE)...
- Early identification of antigen-specific immune responses in vivo by [18F]-labeled 3'-fluoro-3'-deoxy-thymidine ([18F]FLT) PET imagingErik H J G Aarntzen
Department of Tumor Immunology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:18396-9. 2011..This technique allows for early discrimination of responding from nonresponding patients in anti-cancer vaccination and aid physicians in individualized decisionmaking...
- Early [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography at two days of gefitinib treatment predicts clinical outcome in patients with adenocarcinoma of the lungRyo Takahashi
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Allergy and Rheumatic Diseases, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 18:220-8. 2012..We investigated whether a change in [(18)F]FDG uptake at 2 days of gefitinib treatment predicts outcome in patients with lung adenocarcinoma...
- Voxel-based analysis of dual-time-point 18F-FDG PET images for brain tumor identification and delineationElena Prieto
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Nucl Med 52:865-72. 2011..We have investigated dual-time-point (18)F-FDG PET for the detection and delineation of high-grade brain tumors using quantitative criteria applied on a voxel basis...
- Prognostic value of metabolic tumor volume and velocity in predicting head-and-neck cancer outcomesKaren P Chu
Department of Radiation Oncology, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 83:1521-7. 2012..We hypothesized that increases in MTV over time would correlate with tumor growth and biology, and would predict outcome. We sought to examine tumor growth over time in serial pretreatment PET-CT scans...
- Future and upcoming non-neoplastic applications of PET/CT imagingMandana Hashefi
Division of Rheumatology, George Washington University, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1228:167-74. 2011..Here, we discuss the evolving potential role of PET imaging for the evaluation and monitoring of miscellaneous conditions, including osteoarthritis, interstitial lung disease, vascular thromboses, and osteoporosis...
- (18)F-FDG PET/CT in tuberculosis: an early non-invasive marker of therapeutic responseV Martinez
Service de médecine interne et immunologie clinique, Unité Mixte de Recherche en Santé 996, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Paris, France
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 16:1180-5. 2012..To evaluate the potential of (18)F-fluoro-deoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography ((18)F-FDG PET/CT) for early therapeutic intervention in patients with probable or confirmed tuberculosis (TB)...
- Increase in brown adipose tissue activity after weight loss in morbidly obese subjectsG H E J Vijgen
Department of Human Biology, Maastricht University, P O Box 616, 6200 MD, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:E1229-33. 2012..Stimulation of thermogenesis in brown adipose tissue (BAT) is a potential target to treat obesity. We earlier demonstrated that BAT activity is relatively low in obese subjects. It is unknown whether BAT can be recruited in adult humans...
- 3'-deoxy-3'-[18F]fluorothymidine as a new marker for monitoring tumor response to antiproliferative therapy in vivo with positron emission tomographyHenryk Barthel
Cancer Research United Kingdom PET Oncology Group, Department of Cancer Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 63:3791-8. 2003..The decrease in [(18)F]FLT uptake after 5-FU was more pronounced than that of [(18)F]FDG. [(18)F]FLT is, therefore, a promising marker for monitoring antiproliferative drug activity in oncology that warrants additional testing...
- Multiparametric assessment of acute and subacute ischemic neuronal damage: a small animal positron emission tomography study with rat photochemically induced thrombosis modelDai Fukumoto
Central Research Laboratory, Hamamatsu Photonics K K, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka 434 8601, Japan
Synapse 65:207-14. 2011..These results indicated that [(18)F]FDG might not be a suitable ligand for ischemic neuronal damage detection from acute to subacute phases...
- The impact of 18F-FDG PET on the management of patients with suspected large vessel vasculitisMartin Fuchs
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital, Petersgraben 4, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 39:344-53. 2012..We aimed to assess the impact of (18)F-fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) positron emission tomography (PET) on the management of patients with suspected large vessel vasculitis...
- Ephedrine activates brown adipose tissue in lean but not obese humansA L Carey
Metabolic and Vascular Physiology Laboratory, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, PO Box 6492, St Kilda Road Central, Melbourne, VIC 8008, Australia
Diabetologia 56:147-55. 2013..However, cold-induced BAT activation is impaired in obese humans. To explore the therapeutic potential of BAT, it is essential to determine whether pharmacological agents can activate BAT...
- Fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography for evaluating early response during neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy in patients with potentially curable esophageal cancerMark van Heijl
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Surg 253:56-63. 2011..The aim of the present study was to determine whether FDG-PET could differentiate between responding and nonresponding esophageal tumors early in the course of neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy...
- Maximal standardized uptake value on FDG-PET is correlated with cyclooxygenase-2 expression in patients with lung adenocarcinomaKatsuhiko Shimizu
Department of General Thoracic Surgery, Kawasaki Medical School, Kurashiki, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 93:398-403. 2012..In this study, we investigated the prediction of intratumoral COX-2 expression by FDG-PET in cases of lung adenocarcinoma...
- Use of PET in the diagnosis of primary CNS lymphoma in patients with atypical MR findingsNobuyuki Kawai
Department of Neurological Surgery, Kagawa University, Faculty of Medicine, 1750 1 Miki cho, Kita gun, Kagawa, 761 0793, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 24:335-43. 2010....
- Positron emission tomography imaging of drug-induced tumor apoptosis with a caspase-3/7 specific [18F]-labeled isatin sulfonamideQuang De Nguyen
Comprehensive Cancer Imaging Center, Department of Oncology, Imperial College London Faculty of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London W120NN, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16375-80. 2009....
- Comparison of 18F-DOPA, 18F-FDG and 68Ga-somatostatin analogue PET/CT in patients with recurrent medullary thyroid carcinomaGiorgio Treglia
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Policlinico A Gemelli, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 39:569-80. 2012..To retrospectively evaluate and compare (18)F-FDG, (18)F-DOPA and (68)Ga-somatostatin analogues for PET/CT in patients with residual/recurrent medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC) suspected on the basis of elevated serum calcitonin levels...
- Positron lymphography: multimodal, high-resolution, dynamic mapping and resection of lymph nodes after intradermal injection of 18F-FDGDaniel L J Thorek
Department of Radiology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
J Nucl Med 53:1438-45. 2012..PET visualizes LNs with high sensitivity and resolution and low background. Cerenkov radiation (CR) from (18)F-FDG was evaluated to optically guide surgical resection of LNs...
- Executive deficits and regional brain metabolism in Alzheimer's diseaseBenjamin K P Woo
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 25:1150-8. 2010..This study examined regional brain hypometabolism associated with executive dysfunction in patients with AD...
- [18F]FDG uptake and PCNA, Glut-1, and Hexokinase-II expressions in cancers and inflammatory lesions of the lungMarcelo Mamede
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Diagnostic Imaging, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Neoplasia 7:369-79. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the relationships among [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose ([18F]-FDG) uptake, Glut-1 and HK-II expressions, and grade of inflammation in resected lung lesions...
- Cerenkov radiation allows in vivo optical imaging of positron emitting radiotracersAntonello E Spinelli
Medical Physics Department, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina N 60, Milan, Italy
Phys Med Biol 55:483-95. 2010..Our results are encouraging, suggesting that it could be possible to apply the proposed approach not only to beta(+) but also to pure beta(-) emitters...
- Clinical outcomes of definitive intensity-modulated radiation therapy with fluorodeoxyglucose-positron emission tomography simulation in patients with locally advanced cervical cancerElizabeth A Kidd
Department of Radiation Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77:1085-91. 2010..This study aimed to evaluate the toxicity and clinical outcomes for cervical cancer patients treated definitively with intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) compared with non-IMRT treatment...
- Associations between cognitive, functional, and FDG-PET measures of decline in AD and MCISusan M Landau
Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute, University of California Berkeley, CA 94720 3190, USA
Neurobiol Aging 32:1207-18. 2011..Glucose metabolism is a sensitive measure of change in cognition and functional ability in AD and MCI, and has value in predicting future cognitive decline...
- Accurate automatic delineation of heterogeneous functional volumes in positron emission tomography for oncology applicationsMathieu Hatt
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U650 Brest, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77:301-8. 2010..In addition, the definition of variable uptake regions within the tumor itself may facilitate dose painting for dosimetry optimization...
- 18F-FDG PET and PET/CT in the evaluation of cancer treatment responseSimona Ben-Haim
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, University College London, and University College London Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Nucl Med 50:88-99. 2009..This review presents available evidence to this effect...
- The role of 18F-FDG PET/CT in detecting metastatic deposits of recurrent medullary thyroid carcinoma: a prospective studyD Rubello
Nuclear Medicine Service, S Maria della Misericordia Rovigo Hospital, Istituto Oncologico Veneto IOV IRCCS, Rovigo, Italy
Eur J Surg Oncol 34:581-6. 2008..To assess the diagnostic role of 18F-FDG PET/CT performed with a hybrid tomograph in the detection of tumoral deposits of recurrent medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC)...
- Impact of maximum standardized uptake value (SUVmax) evaluated by 18-Fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography (18F-FDG-PET/CT) on survival for patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma: a preliminary reportKazuhiro Namura
Department of Urology, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 9 Fukuura kanazawaku Yokohama, 236 0004 Japan
BMC Cancer 10:667. 2010....
- Detection of extra-axillary lymph node involvement with FDG PET/CT in patients with stage II-III breast cancerTjeerd S Aukema
Department of Nuclear Medicine, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 46:3205-10. 2010..The aim of this prospective study was to assess the incidence of extra-axillary lymph node involvement on baseline FDG PET/CT in patients with stage II-III breast cancer scheduled for neo-adjuvant chemotherapy...
- Role of [(18)F]FDG-PET/CT in the detection of occult recurrent medullary thyroid cancerEvangelia Skoura
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Evangelismos Hospital, Athens, Greece
Nucl Med Commun 31:567-75. 2010..In this study we report our experience with 2-deoxy-2-[(18)F]fluoro-D-glucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography ([(18)F]FDG-PET/CT) in the evaluation of this specific group...
- Carotid plaque inflammation is associated with cerebral microembolism in patients with recent transient ischemic attack or stroke: a pilot studyRamez Reda Moustafa
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 3:536-41. 2010..We hypothesized that microembolic signals (MES) on transcranial Doppler will be associated with carotid plaque inflammation on (18)F fluorodeoxyglucose positron-emission tomography (FDG PET) in recently symptomatic patients...
- Early metabolic response to neoadjuvant letrozole, measured by FDG PET/CT, is correlated with a decrease in the Ki67 labeling index in patients with hormone receptor-positive primary breast cancer: a pilot studyShigeto Ueda
Department of Surgery, National Defense Medical College, 3 2 Namiki, Tokorozawa, Saitama, 359 8513, Japan
Breast Cancer 18:299-308. 2011....
- Assessment of valvular calcification and inflammation by positron emission tomography in patients with aortic stenosisMarc Richard Dweck
Centre for Cardiovascular Science, University of Edinburgh, Little France Crescent, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Circulation 125:76-86. 2012..The pathophysiology of aortic stenosis is incompletely understood, and the relative contributions of valvular calcification and inflammation to disease progression are unknown...
- Glucose transporter 1 expression, tumor proliferation, and iodine/glucose uptake in thyroid cancer with emphasis on poorly differentiated thyroid carcinomaFlorian Grabellus
Institute of Pathology and Neuropathology, University Hospital of Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Clin Nucl Med 37:121-7. 2012..We investigated the relationship among GLUT1 expression, proliferation, iodine concentration, and glucose uptake in different TC types, with emphasis on "poorly differentiated thyroid carcinoma" (PDTC)...
- Early detection of response to experimental chemotherapeutic Top216 with [18F]FLT and [18F]FDG PET in human ovary cancer xenografts in miceMette Munk Jensen
Cluster for Molecular Imaging, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS ONE 5:e12965. 2010..To do so, we studied early anti-proliferative effects of the experimental chemotherapy Top216 non-invasively by PET...
- Preoperative staging of large primary breast cancer with [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography compared with conventional imaging proceduresDavid Fuster
Nuclear Medicine Department, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Villarroel, 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Oncol 26:4746-51. 2008..To evaluate the utility of positron emission tomography (PET) and [(18)F]fluorodeoxyglucose in the initial staging of large primary breast tumors...
- Gene expression and 18FDG uptake in atherosclerotic carotid plaquesSune Folke Pedersen
Cluster for Molecular Imaging, Nuclear Medicine and PET, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Nucl Med Commun 31:423-9. 2010..These techniques were applied in advanced atherosclerotic disease to relate metabolism and inflammatory activity to the gene expression profile of the vulnerable atherosclerotic plaque...
- Diagnostic performance of ¹⁸F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography in giant cell arteritis: a systematic review and meta-analysisFlorent L Besson
Department of Nuclear Medicine, CHU Caen, Université Caen Basse Normandie, Caen, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 38:1764-72. 2011....
- Differential diagnosis of parkinsonism: a metabolic imaging study using pattern analysisChris C Tang
Center for Neurosciences, The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, NY, USA
Lancet Neurol 9:149-58. 2010..We aimed to assess whether metabolic brain imaging combined with spatial covariance analysis could accurately discriminate patients with parkinsonism who had different underlying disorders...
- Comparison of CT- and FDG-PET-defined gross tumor volume in intensity-modulated radiotherapy for head-and-neck cancerArnold C Paulino
Department of Radiation Oncology, Division of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, Emory Clinic and Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 61:1385-92. 2005....
- Novel PET imaging agents for early diagnosis of plaque deposition in Alzheimer'sPadmakar Kulkarni; Fiscal Year: 2010..A successful agent will be highly useful invention not only for early detection of but also for following disease progression and as biomarker for assessing disease-modifying treatments for Alzheimer's disease. ..
- PET Imaging Agent for Diabetes MellitusJOGESH MUKHERJEE; Fiscal Year: 2010..application addresses broad Challenge Area (03) Biomarker Discovery and Validation and specific Challenge Topic 03-DK-101: "Discovery of biomarkers for disease risk, progression or response to therapy in diseases of interest to NINDK" ..
- Molecular Determinants Affecting FLT-PET in Colorectal CancerHENRY C MANNING; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Fluorescence enhanced optical tomographyEva M Sevick-Muraca; Fiscal Year: 2012..If successful, the project will produce the first optical tomography platform which can be economically integrated within existing molecular and anatomical imaging modalities. ..
- Glucose Metabolic, Amyloid, and Tau Brain Imaging in Down's Syndrome and DementiaGARY WILLIAM SMALL; Fiscal Year: 2013..Given the many people suffering from these neurodegenerative diseases, the potential impact of this study will be considerable, possibly improving the quality of life for millions of patients and their families. ..
- The Norepinephrine Transporter: A Novel Target for Imaging Brown Adipose TissueROBERT STANLEY SHERWIN; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Detection of Brown Adipose Tissue Using Contrast UltrasoundMarielle Scherrer-Crosbie; Fiscal Year: 2012..If the proposal is successful, CEU may be a non irradiating, widely available technique to detect BAT and monitor potential therapies that increase functional BAT. ..
- Brown Adipose Tissue Quantification Using Magnetic Resonance ImagingE Brian Welch; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Novel Receptor-Targeting Theranostic Peptides for Prostate CancerYubin Miao; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- 18F-Mefway PET for Human Aging and Alzheimer's DiseaseJogeshwar Mukherjee; Fiscal Year: 2013..18F-Mefway will be evaluated in well-characterized groups of control, MCI and AD subjects and results will be correlated with clinical outcome measures of 18F-FDG, MRI and neuropsychological tests. ..
- PET Imaging of KRAS2 Activation to Guide EGFR Targeting in Cancer TherapyEric Wickstrom; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Molecular Imaging of Protease Activation in AneurysmMehran M Sadeghi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, this approach may be applied to risk assessment and management of other vascular diseases, which together with aneurysm,are leading causes of mortality amongst veterans. ..
- Time Resolved Breast Imaging Using a Combined MRI and Optical Tomography ApproachSTEFAN ALEXANDRU CARP; Fiscal Year: 2013..Difference BOLD images will be cross-validated against corresponding HbR maps. The work will culminate with a clinical trial to assess the early therapy outcome predictive ability of the new biomarkers. ..
- Human Brown Adipose Tissue and its Impact on MetabolismAARON MARTIN CYPESS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our research will show that brown fat burns calories and is important for weight loss. The ultimate goal is to find new ways to increase brown fat activity and help obese people lose weight and improve their overall health. ..
- The Use of 68Ga-DOTATOC and 18F-FDG PET/CT Imaging in the Evaluation of Newly DiaRONALD CLARK WALKER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally we will combine these imaging data with a serum proteomic analysis and other patient information to develop a new multivariate model for the diagnosis of lung cancer. ..
- IMAGING MACROPHAGE ACTIVATION IN CHRONIC OBSTRUCTIVE PULMONARY DISEASEDelphine L Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..End of Abstract) ..
- A Phase II Study to Test the Correlation of a Radiation Pneumonitis Imaging BiomaThomas M Guerrero; Fiscal Year: 2010..We anticipate the PMRR, the focus of this study, may have a significant impact on the development of drug to reduce radiation treatment toxicity in cancer patients. ..
- Imaging Adrenergic Stimulation of Brown Adipose TissueJogeshwar Mukherjee; Fiscal Year: 2012..Development of the adrenergic neurotransmitter receptor imaging methods will strongly complement ongoing imaging approaches for obesity and diabetes. ..
- Leucine Type Amino Acid Transport In GliomasMARK MYRON GOODMAN; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Neuroimaging of Fatty Acids in Major DepressionM Elizabeth Sublette; Fiscal Year: 2012..This study is expected to contribute to understanding the neurobiology of depression and may provide new information relevant to treatment with dietary fatty acids. ..
- Whole-Body PET/CT Assessment of Tumor Perfusion Using Generator-Produced 62CuJeffrey L Lacy; Fiscal Year: 2012..This PET method is expected to improve the physician's ability to make optimal treatment decisions for head and neck cancer patients. ..
- Nexrutine Phellodendron amurense bark extract: Potential use in Pancreatic CancerAddanki P Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2011..The goal of this application is to test a cost-effective and non toxic dietary supplement as an anti-PanCA agent using a preclinical model that recapitulates human pancreatic cancer. This is therefore very timely and highly significant. ..
- Fyn Inhibition by AZD0530 for Alzheimers DiseaseChristopher H van Dyck; Fiscal Year: 2013..The goal of this project is to provide evidence in support of a multi-center Phase 3 trial of AZD0530 in AD. ..
- Michigan Alzheimer's Disease Research CenterSid Gilman; Fiscal Year: 2010..It provides a rich environment for attracting fellows, junior and senior scientists into cutting-edge basic and clinical research. ..
- IN VIVO MOLECULAR MRI OF ATHEROTHROMBOTIC LESIONSZahi A Fayad; Fiscal Year: 2013..Additionally, we will assess the relationship with serum biomarkers and, as an exploratory endpoint, with the gene expression of markers of plaque vulnerability. ..
- QUESTIONABLE DEMENTIA: COURSE AND PREDICTORS OF OUTCOMEDavangere P Devanand; Fiscal Year: 2012..Accurate prediction of MCI conversion to AD will help identify patients who need early treatment, facilitate patient/family planning for their own future, and improve patient selection for clinical trials. ..
- Effective PET Imaging in Liver CancerZhenghong Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Eugenol & 2-methoxyestradiol: combination approach to prostate cancer preventionAddanki P Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Commercialization of a Benchtop Radiosynthesizer for the Production of PET ProbesMelissa Moore; Fiscal Year: 2012..The scientific yield from this may lead to improved therapies for the pathophysiology of brain disorders, significantly affecting public health. ..
- PET-GUIDED TUMOR VOLUME DELINEATION FOR RADIATION THERAPYWei Lu; Fiscal Year: 2009..Improved tumor delineation may lead to improved quality and accuracy of radiation dose delivery. This may improve the local control, and eventually the survival of these cancer patients. ..
- Development of Novel Fluorinated Amino AcidsMark Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MULTI-TRACER PET ASSESSMENT OF RESPONSE TO NOVEL TARGETED CHEMOTHERAPYKATHRYN ANN MORTON; Fiscal Year: 2012..This multi-tracer PET imaging approach will improve our understanding of the mechanism of action of these targeted chemotherapeutic drugs by assessing the important biologic properties of tumor metabolism, proliferation, and perfusion. ..
- Bispecific antibody pretargeted immunoPET of prostate cancerWilliam A Wegener; Fiscal Year: 2012..The bsMAb is used in a pretargeting setting with an 18F-labeled hapten-peptide using a novel procedure for preparing the labeled product. This procedure has been shown to be more sensitive and specific than 18F-FDG for detecting cancer. ..
- Commercialization of a Benchtop Radiosynthesizer for the Production of PET ProbesMelissa Moore; Fiscal Year: 2013..By empowering scientists and clinicians to control the development and use of PET probes, they are able to focus on processes that they believe are most important. ..
- ENERGY REQUIREMENT OF NEURONS AFTER BRAIN INJURYStefan Lee; Fiscal Year: 2009..challenges, following TBI? Is the time window dependent on the nature and severity of the secondary injury? v) Does increasing energy production during secondary insults increase neuronal survival and improve behavioral outcome? ..
- Annotating Oncogene Status in Prostate Cancer with Zr-89-transferrin PETJason S Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2013..If successful this PET agent could cause a significant paradigm shift in radiotracer development strategies and the diagnosis and management of prostate cancer in man. ..
- Positron Emission Tomography to Evaluate Thymic FunctionLaura Napolitano; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Imaging the Effect of rTMS on Brain Activity in Cocaine AbusersDIANA M MARTINEZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..This type of translational work can be performed much more rapidly than a clinical study, in addition to providing information on the mechanism behind the response. ..
- Neural Correlates of Action Perception: Brain Structure, Function, and BehaviorErin E Hecht; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this way, species and individual differences in imitation ability can be linked to differences in brain responses and anatomical connectivity. ..
- Hippocampal-Prefrontal Control of Working Memory: Inactivation and PET in MonkeysMARIA ALVARADO; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Localization of Pancreatic Cancer by a Pretargeted 18F-Hapten-PeptideWilliam A Wegener; Fiscal Year: 2013..We intend to complete these tasks as part of the Phase I SBIR application, and then later apply for Phase II funding to cover part of the expenses of the clinical trial. ..
- Selective estrogen modulators and cognitionJames Herndon; Fiscal Year: 2005..These data in the rhesus monkey will provide valuable information on the efficacy of SERMs on female cognition and will help in evaluating the risks and benefits of using these compounds in hypoestrogenic women. ..
- Bioimaging in Radiotherapy for Lung CancerNoah Choi; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Neutrophil Specific Transgene Expression ImagingDaniel Schuster; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- STATE OF THE ART PET SCANNER FOR MEDICAL RESEARCHMarc Laruelle; Fiscal Year: 1999..ultimately, these improvements will translate in better understanding and treatment of the medical conditions under study in our PET Center. ..
- A Multi-Function Surgical ProbeTUMAY TUMER; Fiscal Year: 2004..Utilizing information from the simultaneous emissions of 140keVgamma rays and 18-20 keV x-rays from 9gmTcwe will provide source proximity information. ..
- Human Sleep NeuroscienceEric Nofzinger; Fiscal Year: 2009..Content areas for mentoring young investigators include functional neuroimaging methods for use during sleep, the neuroscience of behavioral state regulation and in the ethical conduct of research. ..
- IMAGING ANALYSIS--QUANTITATIVE REGIONAL NEUROCARDIOLOGYJames Caldwell; Fiscal Year: 2001..The ultimate goal of this project is to validate and optimize the use of hypoxia markers and PET for the noninvasive evaluation of patients with regional ventricular dysfunction who may benefit from revascularization. ..
- Simple In Vivo PET Measure of Amyloid Binding in ADJulie Price; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Inflammation and Insulin Resistance in PADMark Creager; Fiscal Year: 2007..It is anticipated that the findings from this investigation will uncover novel pathophysiologic mechanisms and foster a new paradigm for the treatment of PAD. ..
- CLINICAL AND BIOLOGICAL BASIS OF 18F-FDG PET IN CANCERYuman Fong; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- LOW COST WHOLE BODY PET DETECTORJeffrey Lacy; Fiscal Year: 2001..The proposed whole body system would also have a large market in the oncology field. ..
- Multimodality Imaging of Cell Mediated Gene TransferSanjiv Gambhir; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, the methodologies developed in this proposal will help other investigators to implement various models in which imaging of cell survival and cardiac gene therapy are important. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Instant Kit Synthesis of 62Cu RadiopharmaceuticalsJeffrey Lacy; Fiscal Year: 2007..The distributable generator produced tracers, together with the widely expanding availability of PET, can have far-reaching benefits in cancer patient treatment and management. ..
- Rapid Production of PET Brain Ligands using Self Optimizing MicrochemistryJOSEPH MATTEO; Fiscal Year: 2006..Phase II will also demonstrate efficacy of the compound using MicroPET at the Center for Molecular and Genomic Imaging at UC Davis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 3D PET Reconstruction Using Generalized Natural PixelsStephen J Glick; Fiscal Year: 2010..If the proposed reconstruction methods are successful in their intent, the care of patients with suspected or known cancer will be improved. ..
- Sleep Neuroscience in DepressionEric Nofzinger; Fiscal Year: 2009..Multiple linear regressions will be used to test the mediational models above. Findings from this study are expected to significantly advance our understanding of the neuroscience of depression. ..
- PET IMAGING OF MUSCLE METABOLISM IN INSULIN RESISTANCEKatherine Williams; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- FDG PET-CT in Metastatic Prostate CancerHossein Jadvar; Fiscal Year: 2010..Rigorous statistical methods will be applied to determine the diagnostic and prognostic performance of FDG PET-CT in this clinical setting. ..
- Alzheimer's Diagnosis by Real-Time Motion Corrected FMRIClifford Jack; Fiscal Year: 2004..Aim number 4: to assess motion corrected fMRI as a diagnostic test for early Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Evaluation of Presynaptic Calcium Channels In VivoDaniel Silverman; Fiscal Year: 2003..A possible peripheral benefit of this work lies in its potential to bring us closer to an effective CNS delivery system for calcium channel antagonists which are under clinical development as therapeutic agents. ..
- Phase 2 study of [18F] FLT for PET imaging of brain tumors in children [IND 10436S Ted Treves; Fiscal Year: 2010..This interdisciplinary project aims to validate and characterized the use of 18F-FLT-PET to evaluate these tumors, which, in turn, is expected to improve disease management and enhance the care of children afflicted with brain tumors. ..
- LOWERING HOMOCYSTEINE TO REDUCE MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIAAhmed Tawakol; Fiscal Year: 2006....