Genomes and Genes
Summary: 2-Deoxy-D-arabino-hexose. An antimetabolite of glucose with antiviral activity.
Publications313 found, 100 shown here
- Targeting cancer cell metabolism: the combination of metformin and 2-deoxyglucose induces p53-dependent apoptosis in prostate cancer cellsIssam Ben Sahra
Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Institut Signalisation et Pathologies, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U895, Nice, France
Cancer Res 70:2465-75. 2010..In this study, the addition of metformin to 2-deoxyglucose (2DG) inhibited mitochondrial respiration and glycolysis in prostate cancer cells leading to a severe depletion ..
- Dual inhibition of tumor energy pathway by 2-deoxyglucose and metformin is effective against a broad spectrum of preclinical cancer modelsJae Ho Cheong
Department of Systems Biology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 10:2350-62. 2011..the preclinical efficacy of targeting the tumor bioenergetic pathway using a glycolysis inhibitor 2-deoxyglucose (2DG) and AMPK agonists, AICAR and metformin...
- 2-deoxy-D-glucose increases the efficacy of adriamycin and paclitaxel in human osteosarcoma and non-small cell lung cancers in vivoGregory Maschek
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Miami, School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Cancer Res 64:31-4. 2004..Overall, these results, combined with our in vitro data, provide a rationale for initiating clinical trials using glycolytic inhibitors in combination with chemotherapeutic agents to increase their therapeutic effectiveness...
- Use of 2-deoxyglucose in liquid media for the selection of mutant strains of Penicillium echinulatum producing increased cellulase and beta-glucosidase activitiesAldo J P Dillon
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Caxias do Sul, 1130 Francisco Getúlio Vargas Street, 95070 560, Caxias do Sul, RS, Brazil
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 70:740-6. 2006..5% (w/v) aqueous 2-deoxyglucose before plating them onto cellulose agar containing 1...
- Uptake of a fluorescent deoxyglucose analog (2-NBDG) in tumor cellsROGER G O'NEIL
Department of Integrative Biology and Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center, 6431 Fannin, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Imaging Biol 7:388-92. 2005..The purpose of this preliminary study was to assess the use of this fluorescent 2-deoxyglucose analog, 2-[N-(7-nitrobenz-2-oxa-1,3-diaxol-4-yl)amino]-2-deoxyglucose (2-NBDG), as a sensitive probe for ..
- Mitochondria-targeted drugs synergize with 2-deoxyglucose to trigger breast cancer cell deathGang Cheng
Department of Biophysics and Free Radical Research Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Cancer Res 72:2634-44. 2012..Collectively, our findings suggest that dual targeting of mitochondrial bioenergetic metabolism with MTDs and glycolytic inhibitors such as 2-DG may offer a promising chemotherapeutic strategy...
- Insulin resistance and a diabetes mellitus-like syndrome in mice lacking the protein kinase Akt2 (PKB beta)H Cho
Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Science 292:1728-31. 2001..These data establish Akt2 as an essential gene in the maintenance of normal glucose homeostasis...
- Evaluation of 2-deoxy-D-glucose as a chemotherapeutic agent: mechanism of cell deathR L Aft
Department of Surgery, Alvin J Siteman Cancer Center, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, MO 63110, USA
Br J Cancer 87:805-12. 2002..These data support the targeting of glucose metabolism as a site for chemotherapeutic intervention by agents such as 2-deoxy-D-glucose...
- Localization of deoxyglucose and annexin A5 in experimental atheroma correlates with macrophage infiltration but not lipid deposition in the lesionYan Zhao
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Kita ku, Sapporo, Japan
Mol Imaging Biol 13:712-20. 2011..We compared the uptake of 2-deoxy-2-fluoro-D-[(14)C]glucose ([(14)C]FDG) and [(99m)Tc]HYNIC-annexin V ([(99m)Tc]annexin A5) with the lesion histology in apolipoprotein E knockout (apoE(-/-)) mice...
- Potentiation of chemotherapeutic drugs by energy metabolism inhibitors 2-deoxyglucose and etomoxirEmma Hernlund
Department of Oncology Pathology, Karolinska Institute, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Cancer 123:476-83. 2008..chemotherapy was investigated using 1 glycolysis inhibitor and 1 fatty acid beta-oxidation inhibitor-2-deoxyglucose and etomoxir, respectively, both known to be clinically well tolerated...
- A catabolic block does not sufficiently explain how 2-deoxy-D-glucose inhibits cell growthMarkus Ralser
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Ihnestrasse 73, 14195 Berlin, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:17807-11. 2008..Thus, processes beyond the metabolic block are essential for the biological properties of 2-DG...
- Optimizing cancer radiotherapy with 2-deoxy-d-glucose dose escalation studies in patients with glioblastoma multiformeDinesh Singh
Dharmshila Cancer Hospital, New Delhi, India
Strahlenther Onkol 181:507-14. 2005....
- Activation of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling increases insulin sensitivity through a reciprocal regulation of Wnt10b and SREBP-1c in skeletal muscle cellsMounira Abiola
Genetics and Development Department, Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, CNRS UMR 8104, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 4:e8509. 2009..As recent studies point towards a role for Wnt signaling in the pathogenesis of type 2 diabetes, we hypothesized that activation of Wnt signaling could play a crucial role in muscle insulin sensitivity...
- Age-related differences in skeletal muscle insulin signaling: the role of stress kinases and heat shock proteinsAnisha A Gupte
Dept of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, Univ of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 105:839-48. 2008..In aged (24 mo old) and young (3 mo old) Fischer 344 rats, 2-deoxyglucose uptake and insulin signaling [as measured by phosphorylation of insulin receptor substrate-1 (IRS-1), Akt (..
- 1,5-Anhydroglucitol in diabetes mellitusWon Jun Kim
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Gangneung Asan Hospital, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Gangneung, Korea
Endocrine 43:33-40. 2013..This review provides an overview of our current understanding of the role of 1,5-AG marker in diabetes. However, further investigations on the associations between this glycemic marker and diabetes complications are needed...
- Ischemic preconditioning by caspase cleavage of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1Philippe Garnier
Department of Neurology, University of California at San Francisco and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
J Neurosci 23:7967-73. 2003..Murine cortical cultures were treated with glucose deprivation combined with 0.5 mm 2-deoxyglucose and 5 mm azide ("chemical ischemia") to model the reversible energy failure that occurs during transient ..
- Oleate protects against palmitate-induced insulin resistance in L6 myotubesDan Gao
School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham, UK
Br J Nutr 102:1557-63. 2009..Thus, the prevention of palmitate-induced insulin resistance by oleate in L6 muscle cells is associated with the ability of oleate to maintain insulin signalling through PI3-kinase...
- Involvement of AMP-activated protein kinase in glucose uptake stimulated by the globular domain of adiponectin in primary rat adipocytesXiangdong Wu
Dorrance H Hamilton Research Laboratories, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Department of Medicine, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, 1020 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Diabetes 52:1355-63. 2003....
- Kinetics of endothelin-induced inhibition and glucose permeability of astrocyte gap junctionsF Blomstrand
Neuropharmacologie, INSERM U587, College de France, Paris, France
J Neurosci Res 83:996-1003. 2006..show that ETs modulate gap junction-mediated transfer of 2-[N-(7-nitrobenz-2-oxa-1,3-diazol-4-Y1)amino]-2-deoxyglucose (2-NBDG), a fluorescent glucose molecule, indicating a role of astrocyte gap junction coupling in metabolic ..
- 2-deoxy-D-glucose causes cytotoxicity, oxidative stress, and radiosensitization in pancreatic cancerMitchell C Coleman
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 44:322-31. 2008....
- Susceptibility to diabetic nephropathy is related to dicarbonyl and oxidative stressPaul J Beisswenger
Department of Medicine, Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Dartmouth Medical School and Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Diabetes 54:3274-81. 2005....
- Phosphorylation and 14-3-3 binding of Arabidopsis trehalose-phosphate synthase 5 in response to 2-deoxyglucoseJean E Harthill
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, DD1 5EH, UK
Plant J 47:211-23. 2006..When GST-TPS5 was expressed in human HEK293 cells, Thr49 was phosphorylated in response to 2-deoxyglucose or phenformin, stimuli that activate the AMPK via the upstream kinase LKB1...
- Effect of 2-deoxy-D-glucose on various malignant cell lines in vitroXiao Dong Zhang
Groupe Régional d Etudes sur le Cancer Grecan, Unité Biologie et Thérapies Innovantes des Cancers Localement Agressifs, CLCC François Baclesse, Caen, France
Anticancer Res 26:3561-6. 2006..Although cancer cells have been reported to be strongly dependent on glycolysis (Warburg effect), very few reports have studied the inhibitory effects of 2-DG on cancer...
- 2-deoxyglucose-induced toxicity is regulated by Bcl-2 family members and is enhanced by antagonizing Bcl-2 in lymphoma cell linesO Zagorodna
Department of Pathology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Oncogene 31:2738-49. 2012Targeting altered cancer cell metabolism with the glycolysis inhibitor, 2-deoxyglucose (2DG), is a viable therapeutic strategy, but the effects of 2DG on lymphoma cells and the mechanism of action are unknown...
- Glycolysis inhibition sensitizes tumor cells to death receptors-induced apoptosis by AMP kinase activation leading to Mcl-1 block in translationL A Pradelli
INSERM, U895, Centre Méditerranéen de Médecine Moléculaire C3M, équipe 3 AVENIR, Nice, France
Oncogene 29:1641-52. 2010..cell lines (such as Jurkat, HeLa, U937), that glucose removal or the use of nonmetabolizable form of glucose (2-deoxyglucose) dramatically enhances apoptosis induced by Fas or by tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand...
- Stimulus-induced changes in blood flow and 2-deoxyglucose uptake dissociate in ipsilateral somatosensory cortexAnna Devor
Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Stroke and Neurovascular Regulation Laboratory, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Neurosci 28:14347-57. 2008..We examined bilateral neuronal and hemodynamic changes and 2-deoxyglucose (2DG) uptake, as measured by autoradiography, in response to unilateral forepaw stimulation...
- Opposite impact on 14C-2-deoxyglucose brain metabolism following patterns of high and low frequency repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in the posterior parietal cortexAntoni Valero-Cabre
Laboratory of Cerebral Dynamics, Plasticity and Rehabilitation, Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Exp Brain Res 176:603-15. 2007..The findings are consistent with previous differential electrophysiological and behavioral effects of low and high frequency rTMS patterns and provide support to uses of rTMS in neuromodulation...
- Immunotoxin lesion of hypothalamically projecting norepinephrine and epinephrine neurons differentially affects circadian and stressor-stimulated corticosterone secretionSue Ritter
Program in Neuroscience, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6520, USA
Endocrinology 144:1357-67. 2003..Thus, NE/E projections influence corticosterone secretion only in certain circumstances. They are required for the response to glucoprivation, but are dispensable for circadian activation and for the response to swim stress...
- Nutrient withdrawal rescues growth factor-deprived cells from mTOR-dependent damageEmiliano Panieri
Institute of General Pathology, Laboratory of Cell Signaling, Catholic University Medical School, Rome Italy
Aging (Albany NY) 2:487-503. 2010..Taken together these findings point to a key role of the mTOR/S6K cascade in cell damage by excess nutrients and scarcity of growth-factors, a condition shared by diabetes and other ageing-related pathologies...
- Targeting tumor metabolism with 2-deoxyglucose in patients with castrate-resistant prostate cancer and advanced malignanciesMark Stein
Cancer Institute of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901, USA
Prostate 70:1388-94. 2010..To translate this paradigm in the clinic, we completed a phase I study of 2-deoxyglucose (2DG), and assessed 2DG uptake with fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) positron emission tomography (PET) and the ..
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 leads to insulin resistance in adipocytesSophie S Y Chan
Kolling Institute of Medical Research, Royal North Shore Hospital, Pacific Highway, St Leonards 2065, NSW, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:6588-95. 2005Transgenic mice overexpressing IGF binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3) have insulin resistance with reduced uptake of 2-deoxyglucose in muscle and adipose tissue.
- Under normoxia, 2-deoxy-D-glucose elicits cell death in select tumor types not by inhibition of glycolysis but by interfering with N-linked glycosylationMetin Kurtoglu
Department of Cell Biologoy and Anatomy, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:3049-58. 2007....
- In vivo imaging of epileptic activity using 2-NBDG, a fluorescent deoxyglucose analogVassiliy Tsytsarev
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Washington University in St Louis, One Brookings Drive, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
J Neurosci Methods 203:136-40. 2012..A fluorescent deoxyglucose substitute, 2-(N-(7-nitrobenz-2-oxa-1,3-diazol-4-yl)amino)-2-deoxyglucose (2-NBDG), was then continuously ..
- GLUT4 overexpression in db/db mice dose-dependently ameliorates diabetes but is not a lifelong cureJ T Brozinick
Experimental Diabetes, Metabolism and Nutrition Section, DB NIDDK, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Diabetes 50:593-600. 2001..In summary, despite an impairment in whole-body glucose tolerance, skeletal muscle of the old transgenic GLUT4 db/db mice is still insulin responsive in vitro and in vivo...
- Regulation of glucose transporters by insulin and extracellular glucose in C2C12 myotubesTaku Nedachi
TUBERO Tohoku University Biomedical Engineering Research Organization, Tohoku University 2 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 291:E817-28. 2006..However, this insulin stimulation of GLUT4 translocation was difficult to demonstrate with a conventional 2-deoxyglucose uptake assay because of markedly elevated basal glucose uptake via other glucose transporter(s)...
- Inhibition of glucose metabolism sensitizes tumor cells to death receptor-triggered apoptosis through enhancement of death-inducing signaling complex formation and apical procaspase-8 processingCristina Munoz-Pinedo
Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Calle Ventanilla 11, 18001 Granada, Spain
J Biol Chem 278:12759-68. 2003..We show that both substitution of glucose for pyruvate and treatment with 2-deoxyglucose enhanced apoptosis induced by tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha, CD95 agonistic antibody, and TNF-related ..
- Uncoupling protein 1 is necessary for norepinephrine-induced glucose utilization in brown adipose tissueKen ichi Inokuma
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0818, Japan
Diabetes 54:1385-91. 2005..protein 1 (UCP1) in the sympathetically stimulated glucose utilization, we investigated the uptake of 2-deoxyglucose (2-DG) into BAT and some other tissues of UCP1-knockout (KO) mice in vivo...
- Comparison of near-infrared fluorescent deoxyglucose probes with different dyes for tumor diagnosis in vivoJing Guo
Department of Biomedical Engineering, State Key Laboratory of Natural Medicines School of Life Science and Technology, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, China
Contrast Media Mol Imaging 7:289-301. 2012..The findings demonstrate the broad applicability of these molecular probes for optical imaging of tumors and glucose-related pathologies...
- Addition of 2-deoxyglucose enhances growth inhibition but reverses acidification in colon cancer cells treated with phenforminMichael A Lea
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, 185 South Orange Avenue, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Anticancer Res 31:421-6. 2011..Combined incubation of 2-deoxyglucose with either of the biguanides prevented the acidification of the medium but enhanced the growth inhibitory ..
- An enzymatic photometric assay for 2-deoxyglucose uptake in insulin-responsive tissues and 3T3-L1 adipocytesKumiko Saito
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Developmental Physiology, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki, Aichi 444 8585, Japan
Anal Biochem 412:9-17. 2011..enzymatic assay adapted to photometric analysis with 96-well microplates was evaluated for the measurement of 2-deoxyglucose (2DG) uptake in insulin-responsive tissues and differentiated 3T3-L1 adipocytes...
- Caloric restriction mimetic 2-deoxyglucose antagonizes doxorubicin-induced cardiomyocyte death by multiple mechanismsKai Chen
Cardiovascular Health Research Center, Sanford Research University of South Dakota, Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57104, USA
J Biol Chem 286:21993-2006. 2011....
- Loss of function of PTEN alters the relationship between glucose concentration and cell proliferation, increases glycolysis, and sensitizes cells to 2-deoxyglucoseMarie Jose Blouin
Department of Oncology, McGill University, Segal Cancer Centre, Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, QC, Canada H3T 1E2
Cancer Lett 289:246-53. 2010..This demonstrates that the impact of loss of function of PTEN is modified by glucose concentration, and may be relevant to epidemiologic results linking hyperglycemia to cancer risk and cancer mortality...
- Imaging brain deoxyglucose uptake and metabolism by glucoCEST MRIFatima A Nasrallah
Magnetic Resonance Imaging Group, Singapore Bioimaging Consortium, Agency for Science Technology and Research, Singapore, Singapore
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 33:1270-8. 2013..This method provides a new way to use widely available MRI techniques to image deoxyglucose/glucose uptake and metabolism in vivo without the need for isotopic labeling of the molecules.
- PTEN and SHIP2 regulates PI3K/Akt pathway through focal adhesion kinaseAmit Gupta
Department of Biotechnology, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research NIPER, Sec 67, S A S Nagar, Punjab 160 062, India
Mol Cell Endocrinol 309:55-62. 2009..Thus data elucidates a part of molecular mechanism of insulin resistance in skeletal muscle cells...
- Efficient elimination of cancer cells by deoxyglucose-ABT-263/737 combination therapyRyuji Yamaguchi
Program of Cell Death and Apoptosis, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24102. 2011..The compound 2-deoxyglucose (2DG), in contrast, partially blocks glycolysis, slowing cell growth but rarely causing cell death...
- Differential effects of the glycolysis inhibitor 2-deoxy-D-glucose on the activity of pro-apoptotic agents in metastatic melanoma cells, and induction of a cytoprotective autophagic responseAnna Maria Giammarioli
Department of Therapeutic Research and Medicine Evaluation, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Int J Cancer 131:E337-47. 2012..Since autophagic cytoprotection has been suggested to contribute to the induction of chemoresistance, these results could provide useful clues as concerns the use of 2DG as anticancer agent in combinatory protocols...
- Early unilateral auditory deprivation increases 2-deoxyglucose uptake in contralateral auditory cortex of juvenile Mongolian gerbilsI W Stuermer
Leibniz Institute for Neurobiology, Brenneckestr 6, P O Box 1860, 39008, Magdeburg, Germany
Hear Res 146:185-99. 2000The effects of early onset, unilateral conductive hearing loss on tone-induced 2-deoxyglucose (2-DG) uptake in the auditory cortex of juvenile Mongolian gerbils (Meriones unguiculatus) were studied...
- Glucose catabolism in the rabbit VX2 tumor model for liver cancer: characterization and targeting hexokinaseY H Ko
Department of Biological Chemistry, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, 725 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205-2185, USA
Cancer Lett 173:83-91. 2001..In addition, results of a limited screen show that the glycolytic rate is inhibited best by 2-deoxyglucose (2DOG) and 3-bromopyruvate (3BrPA), the former compound of which is phosphorylated by hexokinase but not ..
- Dynamic near-infrared optical imaging of 2-deoxyglucose uptake by intracranial glioma of athymic miceHeling Zhou
Department of Radiology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e8051. 2009..We have applied in vivo optical imaging to study dynamic uptake of a near-infrared dye-labeled glucose analogue, 2-deoxyglucose (2-DG) by orthotopic glioma in a mouse model.
- K(v) 7 (KCNQ) channel openers normalize central 2-deoxyglucose uptake in a mouse model of mania and increase prefrontal cortical and hippocampal serine-9 phosphorylation levels of GSK3βLine V Kristensen
Pharmacology, Neurosearch A S, Pederstrupvej 93, Ballerup, Denmark
J Neurochem 121:373-82. 2012..we addressed whether this effect of K(v)7 channels could be associated with changes in cerebral [¹⁴C]2-deoxyglucose (2-DG) uptake, a surrogate marker of brain metabolic activity...
- Modulation of the activities of AMP-activated protein kinase, protein kinase B, and mammalian target of rapamycin by limiting energy availability with 2-deoxyglucoseWeiqin Jiang
Cancer Prevention Laboratory, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523, USA
Mol Carcinog 47:616-28. 20082-Deoxyglucose (2-DG), which has been shown to inhibit mammary carcinogenesis, was used as a metabolic probe to investigate effects of limiting energy availability (reduced cellular ATP) on patterns of proteins' phosphorylation that play ..
- Association between the unfolded protein response, induced by 2-deoxyglucose, and hypersensitivity to cisplatin: a mechanistic study employing molecular genomicsShobhan Gaddameedhi
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Nursing and Allied Sciences, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58105, USA
J Cancer Res Ther 5:S61-6. 2009..We first discovered that the up-regulation of GRP78 is associated with augmented sensitivity/apoptosis of cancer cells to clinically used alkylating/platinating agents...
- Autophagy induced by 2-deoxy-D-glucose suppresses intracellular multiplication of Legionella pneumophila in A/J mouse macrophagesFumiko Matsuda
Department of Bacteriology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Japan
Autophagy 5:484-93. 2009..These findings suggested that autophagy, not apoptosis, suppressed the intracellular growth of Lp-1 in A/J Mphi when 1 or 10 mM of 2dG were added to the culture media...
- Protein kinase C-lambda knockout in embryonic stem cells and adipocytes impairs insulin-stimulated glucose transportGautam Bandyopadhyay
James A Haley Veterans Hospital and University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, 33612, USA
Mol Endocrinol 18:373-83. 2004....
- Insulin and leptin induce Glut4 plasma membrane translocation and glucose uptake in a human neuronal cell line by a phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase- dependent mechanismYacir Benomar
Neuroendocrinologie Moléculaire de la Prise Alimentaire, Neurobiologie de l Olfaction et de la Prise Alimentaire, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Universite Paris XI, Orsay, France
Endocrinology 147:2550-6. 2006..These pathways might contribute to an in vivo glucoregulatory reflex involving a neuronal network and to the anorectic effect of insulin and leptin...
- Glucose transporter-1-deficient mice exhibit impaired development and deformities that are similar to diabetic embryopathyCharles W Heilig
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 720 Rutland Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:15613-8. 2003..of preimplantation embryos obtained from GT1AS x GT1AS heterozygote matings exhibited reduction of the 2-deoxyglucose uptake rate: one by 50% (presumed heterozygotes, P < 0.001 vs...
- The M3-muscarinic acetylcholine receptor stimulates glucose uptake in L6 skeletal muscle cells by a CaMKK-AMPK-dependent mechanismJon Merlin
Department of Pharmacology, Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University, Victoria, 3800, Australia
Cell Signal 22:1104-13. 2010..3)H]-2-Deoxyglucose uptake was increased in differentiated L6 cells by insulin, acetylcholine, oxotremorine-M and carbachol...
- Therapeutic starvation and autophagy in prostate cancer: a new paradigm for targeting metabolism in cancer therapyRobert S DiPaola
Department of Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
Prostate 68:1743-52. 2008..The understanding of autophagy, as either a mechanism of resistance to therapies that induce metabolic stress, or as a means to cell death, is rapidly expanding and supportive of a new paradigm of therapeutic starvation...
- Knockout of the alpha2 but not alpha1 5'-AMP-activated protein kinase isoform abolishes 5-aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide-1-beta-4-ribofuranosidebut not contraction-induced glucose uptake in skeletal muscleSebastian B Jørgensen
Copenhagen Muscle Research Centre, Department of Human Physiology, 13 Universitetsparken, University of Copenhagen, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Biol Chem 279:1070-9. 2004..Alternatively, neither alpha-isoform of AMPK is involved in contraction-induced muscle glucose uptake...
- Role of reactive oxygen species in contraction-mediated glucose transport in mouse skeletal muscleMarie E Sandstrom
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Physiol 575:251-62. 2006..Repeated contractions increased 2-deoxyglucose (2-DG) uptake roughly threefold in isolated, mouse extensor digitorum longus (fast-twitch) muscle...
- 2-Deoxy-D-glucose reduces epilepsy progression by NRSF-CtBP-dependent metabolic regulation of chromatin structureMireia Garriga-Canut
Department of Neurology, Medical Science Center, Room 1715, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1300 University Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Nat Neurosci 9:1382-7. 2006..The metabolic regulation of neuronal genes by CtBP will open avenues of therapy for neurological disorders and cancer...
- Molecular characterization and partial cDNA cloning of facilitative glucose transporters expressed in human articular chondrocytes; stimulation of 2-deoxyglucose uptake by IGF-I and elevated MMP-2 secretion by glucose deprivationS Richardson
Connective Tissue Research Group, Department of Veterinary Preclinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Liverpool, UK
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 11:92-101. 2003..that human chondrocytes express several facilitative glucose transporter (GLUT) isoforms and also that 2-deoxyglucose transport is accelerated by cytokine stimulation...
- Overexpression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in adipose tissues causes macrophage recruitment and insulin resistanceNozomu Kamei
Department of Metabolic Diseases, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:26602-14. 2006..We concluded that both paracrine and endocrine effects of MCP-1 may contribute to the development of insulin resistance in aP2-MCP-1 mice...
- 2-Deoxy-D-glucose combined with cisplatin enhances cytotoxicity via metabolic oxidative stress in human head and neck cancer cellsAndrean L Simons
Free Radical and Radiation Biology Program, Department of Radiation Oncology, Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Cancer Res 67:3364-70. 2007..These findings provide a strong biochemical rationale for evaluating inhibitors of glucose and hydroperoxide metabolism in combination with cisplatin for the treatment of head and neck cancer...
- Differential toxic mechanisms of 2-deoxy-D-glucose versus 2-fluorodeoxy-D-glucose in hypoxic and normoxic tumor cellsMetin Kurtoglu
University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine and Sylvester Cancer Center, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 9:1383-90. 2007....
- Association of 1,5-anhydroglucitol and 2-h postprandial blood glucose in type 2 diabetic patientsChristoph Stettler
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Clinical Nutrition, University Hospital, Bern, Switzerland
Diabetes Care 31:1534-5. 2008..To assess the association of 1,5-anhydroglucitol (1,5-AG) with 2-h postprandial glucose values in type 2 diabetic patients followed over 12 months in an outpatient setting...
- 2-deoxyglucose induces Noxa-dependent apoptosis in alveolar rhabdomyosarcomaSilvia Ramírez-Peinado
Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute IDIBELL, L Hospitalet, Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Res 71:6796-806. 2011..Here, we report that the glycolytic inhibitor 2-deoxyglucose (2-DG) can efficiently promote cell death in alveolar, but not embryonal, rhabdomyosarcoma cell lines...
- Characterization and performance of a near-infrared 2-deoxyglucose optical imaging agent for mouse cancer modelsJoy L Kovar
Molecular Biology, LI COR Biosciences, Lincoln, NE 68504, USA
Anal Biochem 384:254-62. 2009..A near-infrared fluorophore, IRDye 800CW, emission maximum 794 nm, was conjugated to 2-deoxyglucose (2-DG)...
- Cytotoxicity, radiosensitization, and chemosensitization of tumor cells by 2-deoxy-D-glucose in vitroB S Dwarakanath
Division of Radiation Biosciences, Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences, New Delhi, India
J Cancer Res Ther 5:S27-31. 2009..Therefore, there has been a considerable amount of interest in developing 2-DG as a therapeutic agent or adjuvant in the radiotherapy and chemotherapy of tumors...
- Differential sensitivity to 2-deoxy-D-glucose between two pancreatic cell lines correlates with GLUT-1 expressionJohnathan C Maher
University of Miami, School of Medicine and Sylvester Cancer Center, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Pancreas 30:e34-9. 2005..To determine whether the differential growth inhibition of pancreatic tumor cells to the glycolytic inhibitor 2-deoxy-D-glucose (2-DG) correlates with uptake, expression of GLUT-1 transporter, and levels of hypoxic-inducible factor-1alpha...
- Clinical studies for improving radiotherapy with 2-deoxy-D-glucose: present status and future prospectsB S Dwarakanath
Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences, New Delhi, India
J Cancer Res Ther 5:S21-6. 2009..A phase III multicentric trial to evaluate the efficacy of the combined treatment is in progress. Directions for future studies are discussed...
- Two dicarbonyl compounds, 3-deoxyglucosone and methylglyoxal, differentially modulate dermal fibroblastsSihem Sassi-Gaha
Microbiology and Immunology, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Matrix Biol 29:127-34. 2010....
- The glycolytic inhibitor 2-deoxyglucose activates multiple prosurvival pathways through IGF1RDiansheng Zhong
Department of Hematology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 284:23225-33. 2009..Although 2-deoxyglucose (2-DG) is well characterized as a glycolytic inhibitor, we recently discovered that it activates a prosurvival ..
- Leukemia cells demonstrate a different metabolic perturbation provoked by 2-deoxyglucoseHiroshi Miwa
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology, Aichi Medical University School of Medicine, Nagakute, Aichi, Japan
Oncol Rep 29:2053-7. 2013..Here, we examined the metabolic changes induced by 2-deoxyglucose (2-DG), a glycolysis inhibitor, in leukemia cells by metabolome analysis...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress induced by 2-deoxyglucose but not glucose starvation activates AMPK through CaMKKβ leading to autophagyHaibin Xi
Sheila and David Fuente Graduate Program in Cancer Biology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 1550 NW 10th Avenue, Fox Building 406, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 85:1463-77. 2013..Previously, we reported that under normal O₂ conditions (21% O₂), the dual glucose metabolism inhibitor 2-deoxyglucose (2-DG) activates a cytoprotective autophagic response in cancer cells mainly through the induction of ..
- Placental transfer of lactate, glucose and 2-deoxyglucose in control and diabetic Wistar ratsC R Thomas
Department of Medicine, Guys Kings and St. Thomas School of Medicine, St. Thomas' Hospital, London, UK
Int J Exp Diabetes Res 2:113-20. 2001Placental transfer of lactate, glucose and 2-deoxyglucose was examined employing the in situ perfused placenta. Control and streptozotocin induced diabetic Wistar rats were infused with [U-14C]-glucose and [3H]-2-deoxyglucose (2DG)...
- Cell number, cell growth, antheridiogenesis, and callose amount is reduced and atrophy induced by deoxyglucose in Anemia phyllitidis gametophytesAndrzej Kazmierczak
Department of Cytophysiology, University of Łódź, Pilarskiego 14, 90231 Łódź, Poland
Plant Cell Rep 27:813-21. 2008....
- Effect of flavonoids on basal and insulin-stimulated 2-deoxyglucose uptake in adipocytesMelina Claussnitzer
Else Kroner Fresenius Center for Nutritional Medicine, Technische Universitat Munchen, Freising, Germany
Mol Nutr Food Res 55:S26-34. 2011..It has been proposed that dietary flavonoids may interfere with glucose transport processes...
- Bystander effects in cell death induced by photodynamic treatment UVA radiation and inhibitors of ATP synthesisJ Dahle
Department of Biophysics, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Montebello, 0310 Oslo, Norway
Photochem Photobiol 73:378-87. 2001....
- Combined c-fos and 14C-2-deoxyglucose method to differentiate site-specific excitation from disinhibition: analysis of maternal behavior in the ratB R Komisaruk
Department of Psychology, The State University of New Jersey, 101 Warren Street, Rutgers, Newark, NJ, USA
Brain Res 859:262-72. 2000On the basis of evidence that 14C-2-deoxyglucose (2-DG) autoradiography indicates activity at axonal terminals, whereas c-fos immunocytochemistry indicates activity of neuronal cell bodies, we combined these techniques in adjacent ..
- A new Penicillium echinulatum strain with faster cellulase secretion obtained using hydrogen peroxide mutagenesis and screening with 2-deoxyglucoseA J P Dillon
Enzyme and Biomass Laboratory, Institute of Biotechnology, University of Caxias do Sul, Caxias do Sul, RS, Brazil
J Appl Microbiol 111:48-53. 2011..The aim of this study is to improve cellulase production and secretion by Penicillium echinulatum using mutagenesis and selection in association with microfermentation and microanalysis methods...
- DOGR1 and DOGR2: two genes from Saccharomyces cerevisiae that confer 2-deoxyglucose resistance when overexpressedF Randez-Gil
Instituto de Agroquímica y Technología de los Alimentos CSIC, Valencia, Spain
Yeast 11:1233-40. 1995Saccharomyces cerevisiae contains two genes (DOGR1 and DOGR2) that are able to confer 2-deoxyglucose resistance when they are overexpressed. These genes are very similar, sharing 92% identity at the protein level...
- Conversion of 2-deoxyglucose-induced growth inhibition to cell death in normoxic tumor cellsHuaping Liu
Department of Cell Biology and Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 72:251-62. 2013..Accordingly, since 2-deoxyglucose (2-DG) competes effectively with glucose, it has come under increasing scrutiny as a therapeutic agent...
- Overactivation of NF-κB impairs insulin sensitivity and mediates palmitate-induced insulin resistance in C2C12 skeletal muscle cellsJingwen Zhang
Department of Endocrinology, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510120, People s Republic of China
Endocrine 37:157-66. 2010..These findings suggest that NF-κB overexpression per se is sufficient to impair insulin sensitivity and palmitate-induced insulin resistance is mediated by NF-κB in skeletal muscle cells...
- Impact of lipid phosphatases SHIP2 and PTEN on the time- and Akt-isoform-specific amelioration of TNF-alpha-induced insulin resistance in 3T3-L1 adipocytesMariko Ikubo
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Toyama, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 296:E157-64. 2009..phosphorylation of Akt2, GSK3, and AS160, whereas both improved the TNF-alpha inhibition of insulin-induced 2-deoxyglucose uptake...
- Energy metabolism of leukemia cells: glycolysis versus oxidative phosphorylationKazuto Suganuma
Department of Internal Medicine, Aichi Medical University School of Medicine, Nagakute, Aichi, Japan
Leuk Lymphoma 51:2112-9. 2010..On the other hand, AMPK phosphorylation and augmentation of Bcl-2 expression by 2-DG were not observed in NB4, which is 2-DG sensitive. These results will facilitate the future leukemia therapy targeting metabolic pathways...
- Fatty acid-induced NF-kappaB activation and insulin resistance in skeletal muscle are chain length dependentPascal P H Hommelberg
Maastricht University, Dept of Human Biology, P O Box 616, 6200 MD, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 296:E114-20. 2009..C8:0), laurate (C12:0), palmitate (C16:0), and stearate (C18:0), to study effects on GLUT4 translocation, deoxyglucose uptake, and NF-kappaB activation...
- Selective uptake of [14C]2-deoxyglucose by neurons and astrocytes: high-resolution microautoradiographic imaging by cellular 14C-trajectography combined with immunohistochemistryAstrid Nehlig
INSERM U 398, University Louis Pasteur, Faculty of Medicine, Strasbourg, France
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 24:1004-14. 2004..We used [14C]2-deoxyglucose (2DG), which is an analog of glucose and is not metabolized further than the first phosphorylation by ..
- ATP-Sensitive potassium channels modulate glucose transport in cultured human skeletal muscle cellsT Wasada
Diabetes Center, Tokyo Women's Medical University School of Medicine, Japan
Endocr J 48:369-75. 2001..From these results we conclude that KATP channels modulate the basal and insulin-or high glucose level-stimulated glucose transport in skeletal muscle through a mechanism independent of PKC...
- The effects of pharmacological doses of 2-deoxyglucose on cerebral blood flow in healthy volunteersI Elman
Experimental Therapeutics Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Brain Res 815:243-9. 1999..Pharmacological doses of glucose analog, 2-deoxyglucose (2DG), is an alternative glucoprivic agent that in contrast to insulin, directly inhibits glycolysis and ..
- Regulation by insulin and insulin-like growth factor of 2-deoxyglucose uptake in primary ependymal cell culturesStephan Verleysdonk
Physiologisch chemisches Institut der Universität, Hoppe Seyler Str 4, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Neurochem Res 29:127-34. 2004..Insulin increased the uptake of the model substrate 2-deoxyglucose (2-DG) dependent on the insulin concentration. This was due to a near doubling of the maximal 2-DG uptake rate...
- Methylene blue stimulates 2-deoxyglucose uptake in L929 fibroblast cellsLarry L Louters
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI 49546, USA
Life Sci 78:586-91. 2006..This study documents the effects of MB on 2-deoxyglucose (2DG) uptake in L929 fibroblast cells where uptake is controlled by a single glucose transporter, GLUT 1...
- Serum 1,5-anhydroglucitol (Glycomark) levels in children with and without type 1 diabetes mellitusThanh M Nguyen
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX, USA
Pediatr Diabetes 8:214-9. 2007..The data are comparable with previous studies in normal adults and in those with T1DM and T2DM. They support the use of 1,5-AG concentrations, together with HgbA(1c), to evaluate therapy, especially to target postprandial hyperglycemia...
- The predictive value of serum 1,5-anhydro-D-glucitol in pregnancies at increased risk of gestational diabetes mellitus and gestational impaired glucose toleranceW H Tam
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
BJOG 108:754-6. 2001..The area under the receiver operator characteristic curve for 1,5 AG was only 0.485 which implies that 1,5 AG is a poor predictor of GIGT or gestational diabetes...
- Heterogeneity in 2-deoxy-D-glucose-induced modifications in energetics and radiation responses of human tumor cell linesB S Dwarkanath
Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences, Delhi, India
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 50:1051-61. 2001....
- A novel functional CT contrast agent for molecular imaging of cancerJi Li
Department of Radiation and Cellular Oncology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Phys Med Biol 55:4389-97. 2010..These results justify further in vitro and in vivo experiments to study the feasibility of using the AuNP-2-DG as a functional CT contrast agent in radiation therapy settings...
- Differential effects of palmitate on glucose uptake in rat-1 fibroblasts and 3T3-L1 adipocytesI Usui
First Department of Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Sugitani, Japan
Horm Metab Res 31:546-52. 1999..These results suggest the primary effect of palmitate on adipocytes may not involve insulin resistance of adipocytes themselves...
- Pre-clinical evaluation of fluorescent deoxyglucose as a topical contrast agent for the detection of Barrett's-associated neoplasia during confocal imagingN Thekkek
Department of Bioengineering, Rice University, 6100 Main St, MS 142, Houston, TX 77005, USA
Technol Cancer Res Treat 10:431-41. 2011..This study evaluates 2-NBDG, a fluorescent deoxyglucose, the uptake of which is associated with increased metabolic activity, in the identification of Barrett's-..
- 1,5-Anhydroglucitol reflects postprandial hyperglycemia and a decreased insulinogenic index, even in subjects with prediabetes and well-controlled type 2 diabetesJong Chul Won
Department of Internal Medicine, Kangbuk Samsung Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 84:51-7. 2009..Decreased 1,5-AG levels are closely correlated with PPH and decreased insulin secretion capacity across a wide range of glycemia, even in relatively well-controlled diabetes...
- Novel analysis for improved validity in semi-quantitative 2-deoxyglucose autoradiographic imagingNeil Dawson
Centre for Cognitive and Neural Systems, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
J Neurosci Methods 175:25-35. 2008The original [(14)C]-2-deoxyglucose autoradiographic imaging technique allows for the quantitative determination of local cerebral glucose utilisation (LCMRglu) [Sokoloff L, Reivich, M, Kennedy C, Desrosiers M, Patlak C, Pettigrew K, et ..
- Effects of sex and age on serum 1,5-anhydroglucitol in nondiabetic subjectsM Ouchi
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Hepatology, Geriatrics, and Integrated Medicine, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5 Sendagi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 120:288-95. 2012..The sensitivity of the 1,5-AG level for identifying postprandial hyperglycemia in elderly women with near-normoglycemia is less reliable because they have a higher renal threshold for glucose...
- Dietary Risk for Colon Cancer in the MouseLeonard H Augenlicht; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Pulmonary Vascular-Right Ventricular Axis Research ProgramWai Hong Wilson Tang; Fiscal Year: 2013..We test this hypothesis PAEC derived from patients'lungs, explanted human hearts, and in a mechanistic longitudinal study of ?AR blockade in PAH patients. ..
- Fluorescence enhanced optical tomographyEva M Sevick-Muraca; Fiscal Year: 2012..we propose to: (1) Co-inject 18F-fluorodeoxy-glucose ([18F]-FDG) and Li-Cor's IRDye800CW labeled to 2-deoxyglucose (IRDye...
- The Use of 2-Deoxyglucose in Head and Neck Cancer TherapyDOUGLAS ROBERT SPITZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..normal cells, has led to the hypothesis that inhibitors of glucose and hydroperoxide metabolism [i.e., 2-deoxyglucose (2DG) and buthionine sulfoximine] could be combined with therapeutic agents that increase oxidative stress (..
- Novel Receptor-Targeting Theranostic Peptides for Prostate CancerYubin Miao; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- History of Alzheimer predisposes children to amyloid beta-related hypometabolismLisa Mosconi; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project will test the hypothesis that hypometabolism in children of AD-mothers is due to a combination of systemically increased oxidative stress from the mitochondria and increasing amyloid-beta deposition. ..
- Novel Energy Restriction-Mimetic Agents for Prostate Cancer PreventionChing Shih Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..restriction and natural product-based energy restriction-mimetic agents (ERMAs) such as resveratrol and 2-deoxyglucose (2-DG) in suppressing carcinogenesis in experimental animal models...
- Selecting Best Neuroleptic Treatment for Veterans with SchizophreniaErin A Hazlett; Fiscal Year: 2013..Functional brain imaging, as well as, animal 2-deoxyglucose studies have demonstrated that antipsychotic drugs have robust effects on striatal activity...
- Tumor Targeting and Diagnostic Applications of Glycosylated NanotubesRAVI N SINGH; Fiscal Year: 2011..The nanotubes will be chemically engineered to display deoxyglucose on their surface, which will render them water soluble, and target them to tumors...
- Exploring the Physiology of Leukemic Stem Cells by Mechanisms of Drug ResistanceRobert W Storms; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies explore that relationship to help lay the groundwork for therapies that specifically target multiple drug resistance and leukemia stem cells. ..
- Phase I Study of IMC-A12 in Combination with TemsirolimusAung Naing; Fiscal Year: 2010..The drug combination tested in this protocol has the promise of providing broad applicability for tumor types such as breast, sarcoma and pancreas in subsequent phase II trials. ..
- A Phase II Study to Test the Correlation of a Radiation Pneumonitis Imaging BiomaThomas M Guerrero; Fiscal Year: 2010..RP is an inflammatory reaction within lung tissue in response to radiation injury. [18F]-2-fluoro-2-deoxyglucose positron emission tomography (18F-FDG PET) imaging provides an assessment of pneumonitis, pulmonary ..
- Role of Hypoxia-Induced miR-210 in Tumor MetabolismMircea Ivan; Fiscal Year: 2013..In particular, we will concentrate on the response of breast cancer cells with altered levels of miR-210 to 2-Deoxyglucose and Dichloroacetate, (inhibitors of hexokinase and pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase, respectively)...
- A trial to determine the effect of psoriasis treatment on cardiometabolic diseaseJoel M Gelfand; Fiscal Year: 2013..These results will be a critical step in determining how treatment of psoriasis affects CV risk in this vulnerable patient population and will concurrently improve scientific knowledge of off target effects of the commonly used TNF-I s. ..
- Impact of Inflammation on the Control of Muscle Glucose UptakeOwen P McGuinness; Fiscal Year: 2013..Whole body glucose uptake and MGU will be measured using [3-3H] glucose and [14C] 2- deoxyglucose, respectively, in combination with methods for sampling blood and tissues and measuring muscle blood flow...
- Tumor Targeting and Diagnostic Applications of Glycosylated NanotubesRAVI N SINGH; Fiscal Year: 2013..The nanotubes will be chemically engineered to display deoxyglucose on their surface, which will render them water soluble, and target them to tumors...
- Inhibition of Prostate Carcinogenesis &Tumor Growth by Energy Restriction-MimetiLISA DANIELLE BERMAN-BOOTY; Fiscal Year: 2013..demonstrated the in vitro and in vivo antitumor efficacies of the energy restriction mimetic agents (ERMAs) 2- deoxyglucose (2-DG) and resveratrol...
- Novel PET Imaging of Glucose TransportRaymond F Muzic; Fiscal Year: 2012..Hence, progress on this grant proposal will significantly contribute to our ability to evaluate and optimally manage patients at the individual level. ..
- SIRT1 and muscle insulin sensitivitySimon Schenk; Fiscal Year: 2013..signaling and insulin sensitivity, in vivo, using hyperinsulinemic- euglycemic clamps, and ex vivo, using 2-deoxyglucose uptake assays, in young (4 months), mid-aged (12 months) and old (20 months) mice fed an AL diet, and compare ..
- Metabolic Reprogramming: Essential Role and Early Marker of MGUS ProgressionDiane F Jelinek; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, demonstration that certain AG genes are required for disease progression and/or pathogenesis would also foster development of novel targeted therapies. ..
- NEURAL MECHANISMS OF ANOREXIAAlan G Watts; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- AGING AND THE HYPOTHALAMIC-PITUITARY REPRODUCTIVE AXISJanet E Hall; Fiscal Year: 2013..Abstract R01 AG13241-A2 Janet E. Hall, MD ..
- In Vivo Cancer Therapy Monitoring with Diffuse Optical MethodsRegine Choe; Fiscal Year: 2013..In particular, I will explore deoxyglucose analogue fluorescent dye to test its ability to probe glucose metabolism, which has been successfully utilized ..
- Use of 2-deoxy-D-glucose &PI3K/Akt pathway inhibitors in head &neck cancer therANDREAN LLEWELA BURNETT; Fiscal Year: 2013..to compensate for increased metabolic production of hydroperoxides, then inhibition of glycolysis (with 2-deoxyglucose, 2DG) combined with Akt inhibitors should enhance sensitivity of cancer cells to radiation by inducing ..
- Pilot PET Study Characterizing [1-11C] Arachadonic Acid in Bipolar DisorderM Elizabeth Sublette; Fiscal Year: 2013..n=10) and depressed, medication-free outpatients with BD (n=10) will each have a [11C]AA scan, a [18F]fluoro- deoxyglucose scan to measure regional brain activity, and an MRI scan...
- High content screening assay for activators of glucose transporter GLUT4ZHEN YUE JIANG; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, a standard 2-deoxyglucose uptake-based secondary screening assay will be used to validate positive hits from the pilot HCS...
- The Longitudinal Course of Neural Function and Amyloid in People At Risk for ADSterling C Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2013..amyloid burden using [C11]PiB, regional cerebral metabolic rate of glucose (rCMRglu) using [F18]fluoro-deoxyglucose (FDG) positron emission tomography (PET), neural function, rate of atrophy and ischemic lesion burden using MRI...
- Neurobiology of PTSD During REM SleepAnne Germain; Fiscal Year: 2010..Findings from the proposed study will provide new insights the neurobiological correlates of PTSD during both wakefulness and sleep. ..
- Reliable Human-Model Observers for Emission TomographyHOWARD CARL GIFFORD; Fiscal Year: 2013..We shall test these hypotheses through observer studies with fluorine-18 deoxyglucose (FDG) whole-body PET and SPECT In-111 imaging of neuroendocrine tumors (NETs)...
- Cerebral Metabolic Flux Mapping Using Oxygen 17 NMRRobin A de Graaf; Fiscal Year: 2010..The established 1H-[13C]-NMR technique in combination with 13C-labeled glucose and 2-deoxyglucose infusions will be used to validate the 17O-based cerebral metabolic fluxes through the tricarboxylic acid cycle ..
- Neural Correlate of Perfusion Based fMRISeong Kim; Fiscal Year: 2012..using the well-established animal model, which has been extensively investigated with electrophysiology, 2-deoxyglucose autoradiography, and optical imaging...
- BIOGENIC AMINES AND NEUROLOGICAL DISORDERSRobert Katzman; Fiscal Year: 1980..2-Deoxyglucose (2DDG) autoradiography has demonstrated a marked increase in glucose metabolism in pars reticulata and ..
- REGIONAL FDG UPTAKE IN STUNNED VS HIBERNATING MYOCARDIUMEdward McFalls; Fiscal Year: 2000..Administration of intravenous 2 deoxyglucose has been shown to block glycolysis by >75%...
- FLOW AND METABOLIC TRACER KINETICS IN HEARTRobert Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2002..The major advantage of using the impulse response model is that it is possible to independently evaluate circulatory dispersion, interstitial diffusion, and cellular extraction and retention of the flow or metabolic tracer of interest. ..
- NEUROANATOMY AND PHARMACOTHERAPY OF OCD AND MAJOR DEPRESSanjaya Saxena; Fiscal Year: 2003..1) Cerebral Metabolic Changes with Treatment of Concurrent OCD and MDD: This study will use [18F]-fluoro-deoxyglucose positron emission tomography (FDG-PET), to delineate the specific brain system mediation of OCD symptoms and ..
- Periadolescent Methylphenidate exposure: Brain functionDiana Dow Edwards; Fiscal Year: 2005..Brain metabolism using the deoxyglucose method will be determined in rats trained on RAM (Aim 1B) after the last dose on day 60 and shifted to the 12-..
- STAGING BREAST CANCER WITH POSITRON EMISSION TOMOGRAPHYRichard Wahl; Fiscal Year: 2000..Successful noninvasive assessment of nodal status and prognosis by FDG PET would represent the next important step beyond lumpectomy in minimizing patient disfigurement, allowing for increasingly noninvasive therapy of breast cancer. ..
- Neurobiology of Self-Injurious BehaviorHYDER JINNAH; Fiscal Year: 2005..functional histochemical mapping methods, induction of the mRNA encoding the immediate-early gene c-fos and 2-deoxyglucose autoradiography...
- ELECTROMECHANICAL NONINVASIVE NEURAL STIMULATION: SAFETY AND EFFICACYTimothy Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2009..EMS's efficacy in modifying functional patterns of brain activity by means of high resolution 14[C]2-deoxyglucose imaging (2DG)...
- MATERNAL INFLUENCE ON DEVELOPING 24-HOUR PERIODICITYSTEVEN REPPERT; Fiscal Year: 1991..Maternal-fetal communication of circadian phase will be studied in rats. Deoxyglucose and vasopressin mRNA autoradiography are used to monitor the circadian oscillations of a biological clock in ..
- FUNCTIONAL MAPPING OF NEUROENDOCRINE SYSTEMSStephen Sagar; Fiscal Year: 1992..allows Fos immunocytochemistry to be used in functional metabolic mapping of the brain in a manner similar to 2-deoxyglucose autoradiography...
- Lateral Hypothalamus, Dopamine and Ingestive BehaviorDavid Wirtshafter; Fiscal Year: 2007..Experiment 3 examines whether injections of 2-deoxyglucose a treatment which induces feeding is able to promote expression of the immediate-early gene c-fos in LH cells ..
- CONTROL OF HORMONE RELEASE FROM THE PERFUSED PANCREASPETER RONNER; Fiscal Year: 1990..and will be tested: A) that 2-deoxy-glucose acts directly on endocrine cells via glucokinase; B) that 2-deoxyglucose acts via neurons on endocrine cells...
- LOCAL CEREBRAL BLOOD FLOW AND METABOLISM IN SEIZURESStephen Jones; Fiscal Year: 1980..Such a technique for the combined determination of LCBF and LCMR glucose has applicability in any pathological state where focal changes in CBF or CMR glucose occur...
- NUCLEUS ACCUMBENS, COCAINE REWARD & RECOVERYRONALD HAMMER; Fiscal Year: 1993..The quantitative [14C]2-deoxyglucose (2DG) autoradiographic method will be employed to examine the effect of chronic cocaine treatment on glucose ..
- ROLE OF GRP78 IN ALKYLATING AGENT SENSITIVITYSatadal Chatterjee; Fiscal Year: 2005..employing different means to induce glucose regulated stress protein GRP78, such as treating cells with 2-deoxyglucose or 6-aminonicotinamide, clearly demonstrate that induction of GRP78 in V79 Chinese hamster cells is associated ..
- Bioimaging in Radiotherapy for Lung CancerNoah Choi; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- PC1 IN INSULIN RESISTANT HUMANSIra Goldfine; Fiscal Year: 2000..In fibroblasts from the proband patient tyrosine auto-phosphorylation of the insulin receptor and 2 deoxyglucose uptake were reported less responsive to insulin compared with controls and PC-1 content in the proband s cell ..
- NORMAL METABOLISM AND ANATOMY OF BASAL FOREBRAIN IN MANMonte Buchsbaum; Fiscal Year: 2000..5-mm resolution in plane, 2.5-3.5M counts) using 18F-deoxyglucose as the tracer. Coronal MRI images (1.2mm thick slices) were coregistered to the PET images...
- A New Approach to Peptide Radiolabeling for The Imaging of Cancer by PETMark Mascal; Fiscal Year: 2009..The cages can be attached to bioactive peptides using standard coupling reactions. The labeling mode may be monovalent (one peptide per cage) or multivalent (up to three peptides per cage). ..
- ADAPTIVE CHANGES IN VESTIBULAR SYSTEMWerner Graf; Fiscal Year: 1991..The methods to be utilized encompass eye movement analysis via video-recordings, (14C)-2-deoxyglucose autoradiography, and also immunohistochemistry and electronmicroscopy...
- An Instant Kit for 2-[18F]Fluoro-2-deoxyglucose (FDG)John Babich; Fiscal Year: 2005..The radiotracer having the greatest impact on clinical care is F-18 2-fluoro-2-deoxyglucose (FDG)...
- NEUROBIOLOGY OF FRONTAL LOBESPatricia Goldman Rakic; Fiscal Year: 1999..injections of bicucculine for temporary disruption of function (Specific Aim #2), single- and double-label 2-deoxyglucose (Specific Aims #3 and #4) and finally single cell recording studies (Specific Aim #5) conducted in animals ..
- MANIPULATION OF INSULIN RESISTANCE IN TRANSGENIC MICEBESS MARSHALL; Fiscal Year: 1999..in the skeletal muscle of transgenic mice lowers the circulating blood glucose and increases transport of 2- deoxyglucose into isolated muscle...
- PHARMACOLOGIC AND PHYSIOLOGIC MECHANISMS IN PARKINSONISMJoel Trugman; Fiscal Year: 1991..We propose to study regional cerebral glucose utilization (RCGU) by the 2-deoxyglucose (2-DG) autoradiographic method in rats with 6-hydroxydopamine (6- OHDA) substantia nigra (SN) lesion...
- THIAMINE DEFICIENCY, MEMORY, AND BRAIN GLUCOSE UPTAKEFrank Sharp; Fiscal Year: 1980..his colleagues for the quantitative measurement of local cerebral glucose utilization in vivo using (14 C) 2-deoxyglucose. The objective of this study is to use the (14 C) 2-deoxyglucose method to determine whether local cerebral ..
- PCP ANALOGUE SELF-ADMINISTRATION: EEG AND BEHAVIORJ Moreton; Fiscal Year: 1993..Additional biological correlates were obtained of effects of self-administered PCP on regional brain 14C-2-deoxyglucose uptake in dopaminergic regions thought to mediate drug reinforcement...
- EARLY EXPERIENCE AND ADULT CORTICAL PLASTICITYJAMES MCCASLAND; Fiscal Year: 2000..The procedure combines a high-resolution 2-deoxyglucose (2DG) technique, immunostaining for glutamate decarboxylase (GAD) and other antigens, and extensively automated ..
- Discrimination of Antipsychotics in Nonhuman PrimatesTerry Brown; Fiscal Year: 2005..Multiple potential pharmaceutical partners have already expressed their interest in collaborative relationships related to such a model. ..
- MECHANISMS OF GROWTH HORMONE HYPERSECRETION IN DIABETESRobert Cohen; Fiscal Year: 1990..suprachiasmatic nuclei which are known to mediate responses to intracellular glucopenia induced by 2-deoxyglucose. This will establish whether a single mechanism can explain both the acute GS response to glucose and the ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF THE MAMMALIAN VISUAL SYSTEMDOUGLAS FROST; Fiscal Year: 1990..Neurophysiological recording and the 2-deoxyglucose metabolic mapping techniques will be used to determine if the anomalous projections drive thalamic neurons or ..
- VALIDATION OF FLUORESCENT DEOXYGLUCOSE (2-NBDG) IN TUMORSROGER O NEIL; Fiscal Year: 2006..by applicant): A new fluorescent analogue of d-glucose, 2-[N-(7-nitrobenz-2-oxa-1,3-diaxol-4-yl)amino]-2-deoxyglucose (2-NBDG), was recently developed, but has not been characterized as a marker of glucose uptake in cancer cells...
- Single Unit Multi-Site Electrophysiological Characterization of EpileptogenesisGEORGIA ALEXANDER; Fiscal Year: 2009..In vivo evidence of the "dentate gate" is based upon 2-deoxyglucose imaging, hippocampal EEG, and field potential recordings of the dentate gyrus (DG) in animal models of seizures...