Summary: Coagulated exudate isolated from several species of the tropical tree Palaquium (Sapotaceae). It is the trans-isomer of natural rubber and is used as a filling and impression material in dentistry and orthopedics and as an insulator in electronics. It has also been used as a rubber substitute.
Publications243 found, 100 shown here
- Intracanal distribution patterns of sealers after lateral condensationS Ryan Facer
Department of Endodontics, University of Iowa College of Dentistry, Iowa City 52242 1001, USA
J Endod 29:832-4. 2003..Coverage was better in the coronal. In conclusion, none of the three sealers showed a continuous layer between the primary gutta-percha obturant and the canal wall or in spaces between cones...
- Use of gutta percha cores in CT scan imaging for patent nasopalatine ductS Catros
Département d odontologie et de santé buccale, Hopital Pellegrin, Place Amelie Raba Leon, Bordeaux, France
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 37:1065-6. 2008b>Gutta percha cores were inserted in nasopalatine ducts to improve their visualization on CT scans. This simple method enhances the diagnostic quality of these images so that surgery can be performed more precisely.
- In vitro antimicrobial effect of chlorhexidine-impregnated gutta percha points on Enterococcus faecalisJ N Lui
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Int Endod J 37:105-13. 2004To evaluate the in vitro antimicrobial effect of chlorhexidine-impregnated gutta percha points, Roeko activ point (Roeko, Langenau, Germany) on Enterococcus faecalis.
- Propagation of erroneous data for the modulus of elasticity of periodontal ligament and gutta percha in FEM/FEA papers: a story of broken linksN Dorin Ruse
Division of Biomaterials, Faculty of Dentistry, The University of British Columbia, 2199 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z3 Canada
Dent Mater 24:1717-9. 2008..This brief review essay was triggered by the discovery of two errors that have been perpetuated in the dental literature for the last quarter century and is intended to alert the research community...
- The effect of using an inverted master cone in a lateral compaction technique on the density of the gutta-percha fillMin Kai Wu
Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherland
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 96:345-50. 2003..The cross-sectional area of the canal and the gutta-percha were measured by using an image-analysis program. The percentage of gutta-percha-filled area was calculated...
- Cytotoxicity testing of endodontic sealers: a new methodJean Camps
Unité IMEB, Faculté d Odontologie, Marseille, France
J Endod 29:583-6. 2003..The new technique reduces the discrimination of the test and may clinically correspond to a classical filling. Therefore, both methods might be considered as clinically relevant, corresponding to classical and overfilling conditions...
- Management of the immature apex--a clinical guideRichard Allen
Unit of Paediatric Dentistry, University Dental Hospital of Manchester, Higher Cambridge Street, Manchester M15 6FH
Dent Update 30:437-41. 2003The production of an apical barrier prior to the placement of a permanent gutta percha root filling in a non-vital immature incisor tooth with an open apex is a well researched and documented technique...
- The influence of smear layer in lateral channels fillingAngelica Bertacci
Endodontics Unit, Department of Oral Sciences, University of Bologna, Via San Vitale 59, 40125 Bologna, Italy
Clin Oral Investig 11:353-9. 2007..All lateral channels resulted filled in both groups. No statistically significant differences regarding number, length, and diameter were observed between the two groups. Smear layer did not prevent the sealing of lateral channels...
- Sealer area associated with cold lateral condensation of gutta-percha and warm coated carrier filling systems in canals prepared with various rotary NiTi systemsK Gulsahi
Department of Endodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey
Int Endod J 40:275-81. 2007....
- A preliminary analysis of the morphology of lateral canals after root canal filling using a tooth-clearing techniqueM Venturi
Dipartimento di Scienze Odontostomatologiche, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Int Endod J 36:54-63. 2003..This study used a modified tooth-clearing technique to allow observation of accessory canals following filling with a warm gutta-percha technique and one of two endodontic cements...
- The apical sealing ability of a new root canal filling materialEmre Bodrumlu
Department of Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, Ondokuz Mayis University, Faculty of Dentistry, Kurupelit Samsun, 55139 Turkey
Am J Dent 20:295-8. 2007..To assess the apical sealing property of a new root canal filling material, Epiphany...
- Evaluation of canal filling after using two warm vertical gutta-percha compaction techniques in vivo: a preliminary studyM Venturi
Department of Dental Sciences, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Int Endod J 39:538-46. 2006..To evaluate the quality of root canal filling when comparing two warm gutta-percha filling techniques in vivo...
- Periapical lesions accidentally filled with calcium hydroxideR J G De Moor
Department of Operative Dentistry and Endodontology, Dental School, Ghent University, Ghent University Hospital, Gent, Belgium
Int Endod J 35:946-58. 2002..To evaluate the effect of accidental and voluminous calcium hydroxide overextensions into periradicular lesions and tissues on the prognosis of periapical healing...
- A comparative evaluation of sealing ability of rootcanal sealersB S Suprabha
Departments of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, College of Dental Surgery, Mangalore, 575 001, India
Indian J Dent Res 13:31-6. 2002..Root canal sealers have been used along with gutta percha to enhance the seal...
- Comparison of the apical seal obtained by a dual-cure resin based cement or an epoxy resin sealer with or without the use of an acidic primerLeandro R Britto
Department of Endodontics, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610 0436, USA
J Endod 28:721-3. 2002....
- Effect of three different sealers on the sealing ability of both thermafil obturators and cold laterally compacted Gutta-PerchaEdgar Schafer
Poliklinik für Zahnerhaltung, Munster, Germany
J Endod 28:638-42. 2002..05). Under the conditions of this study, Thermafil obturators achieved seals comparable to lateral compaction, as long as a sealer was used...
- Sealing properties of different obturation systems applied over apically fractured rotary nickel-titanium filesEmre Altundasar
Department of Endodontics, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
J Endod 34:194-7. 2008This study investigated the sealing properties of cold laterally compacted gutta percha and Thermafil applied over different apically fractured rotary nickel-titanium files...
- Coronal microleakage of two root-end filling materials using a polymicrobial markerSuzana Ferk Luketić
Private Practice, Zagreb, Croatia
J Endod 34:201-3. 2008..divided into 3 groups of 32 teeth each and positive and negative control groups of 6 teeth and obturated with gutta percha and either Diaket (3M/ESPE, Seefeld, Germany), AH Plus (Dentsply, De Trey, Konstanz, Germany), or Ketac Endo (..
- Comparative in vitro study of the sealing efficiency of white vs grey ProRoot mineral trioxide aggregate formulas as apical barriersSpyridon Stefopoulos
Department of Endodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Dent Traumatol 24:207-13. 2008..It was found that MTA apical barrier resisted displacement during gutta-percha condensation. Calcium hydroxide pretreatment, adversely affected white MTA sealing ability (P < 0.05)...
- Favorable response of an extensive periapical lesion to root canal treatmentJanir A Soares
Department of Endodontics, Federal University of the Valleys of Jequitinhonha and Mucuri, Diamantina, MG, Brazil
J Oral Sci 50:107-11. 2008..Thus, non-surgical treatment of this supposedly cystic, extensive periapical lesion provided favorable clinical and radiographic response...
- Fluid transport along gutta-percha backfills with and without sealerMin Kai Wu
Department of Cariology Endodontology Pedodontology, Academic Center for Dentistry Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 97:257-62. 2004..The use of heat may influence the sealing ability of sealer. The aim of this study was to compare the fluid transport along the gutta-percha backfill portion when different sealers were used or no sealer at all...
- Surface debris of canal walls after post space preparation in endodontically treated teeth: a scanning electron microscopic studyCinzia Serafino
Department of Dental Materials, University of Siena, Italy
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 97:381-7. 2004..To evaluate surface cleanliness of root canal walls along post space after endodontic treatment using 2 different irrigant regimens, obturation techniques, and post space preparation for adhesive bonding...
- Evaluation of the apical seal in root canals prepared with a new rotary system and obturated with a methacrylate based endodontic sealer: an in vitro studyOsvaldo Zmener
Department of Adult Dental Care, Faculty of Odontology, University of Buenos Aires
J Endod 31:392-5. 2005..05). The least amount of dye leakage was observed for group 1 and 2 in which the methacrylate based sealer was used, either with a single gutta-percha cone or with lateral condensation of gutta-percha...
- Coronal leakage of calcium phosphate-based root canal sealers compared with usual sealersJorg F Schirrmeister
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, Dental School and Hospital, Albert Ludwigs University of Freiburg, Germany
Schweiz Monatsschr Zahnmed 116:224-8. 2006..Due to the low leakage of experimental sealer II in the present study, further evaluations such as bacterial penetration or fluid filtration should follow...
- Ultrastructural evaluation of the apical seal in roots filled with a polycaprolactone-based root canal filling materialFranklin R Tay
Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Endod 31:514-9. 2005..It is concluded that a complete hermetic apical seal cannot be achieved with either root filling materials...
- Effectiveness of hand and rotary instrumentation for removing a new synthetic polymer-based root canal obturation material (Epiphany) during retreatmentJ F Schirrmeister
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, Albert Ludwigs University, Hugstetter Strasse 55, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Int Endod J 39:150-6. 2006..To evaluate the effectiveness of hand and rotary instrumentation for removal of vertically compacted Epiphany and gutta-percha during retreatment...
- An evaluation of the quality of root fillings in mandibular incisors and maxillary and mandibular canines using different methodologiesL W M van der Sluis
Department of Cariology Endodontology Pedodontology, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, Louwesweg 1, Amsterdam 1066 EA, The Netherlands
J Dent 33:683-8. 2005....
- Microleakage within endodontically treated teeth using a simplified root canal preparation technique: an in vitro studyJ Anthony von Fraunhofer
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Maryland Dental School, Baltimore, USA
Gen Dent 53:439-443; quiz 444, 446. 2005..It was noted that canal preparation time for the Endo-Eze teeth was approximately 50% shorter than that required for conventional root canal therapy...
- Apical leakage of resin based root canal sealers with a new computerized fluid filtration meterHasan Orucoglu
Department of Endodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey
J Endod 31:886-90. 2005..In addition, this new computerized fluid filtration meter allowed quantitative measurement of leakage easily. As it is a newly developed device to measure apical leakage of endodontic sealers, the reliability of it needed to be tested...
- Microbial leakage of Cavit, IRM, and Temp Bond in post-prepared root canals using two methods of gutta-percha removal: an in vitro studyHanan Balto
Department of Restorative Dental Sciences in the College of Dentistry at King Saud University Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Contemp Dent Pract 6:53-61. 2005..faecalis as a microbial tracer. In addition, the affect of two methods of gutta percha removal on the apical seal of root canal fillings was also evaluated...
- A new quantitative method using glucose for analysis of endodontic leakageQiong Xu
School of Stomatology, Wuhan University, China
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 99:107-11. 2005..The purpose of this study was to introduce a new method for quantitative testing of endodontic leakage...
- Resin-based sealing of root canals in endodontic therapyJ A von Fraunhofer
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Maryland Dental School, Baltimore, USA
Gen Dent 54:243-6. 2006..A significant difference (p < 0.005) was found between Groups 1 and 2 but not between Group 1 and Groups 3A and 3B (p > 0.05) or between Group 2 and Groups 3A and 3B...
- Interfacial strength of Resilon and gutta-percha to intraradicular dentinAndrea Gesi
Department of Restorative Dentistry and Dental Materials, University of Siena, Italy
J Endod 31:809-13. 2005..The similarly low interfacial strengths achieved with both types of root filling challenges the concept of strengthening root-filled teeth with the new endodontic material...
- Effect of a separated instrument on bacterial penetration of obturated root canalsJeffrey L Saunders
Endodontic Department, School of Dentistry, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294 0007, USA
J Endod 30:177-9. 2004..Streptococcus sanguis was placed in the access chamber daily, and penetration was determined when turbidity was noted in the culture broth. The results showed no significant difference between the two experimental groups...
- Labiomandibular paresthesia caused by endodontic treatment: an anatomic and clinical studyFrançoise Tilotta-Yasukawa
Universite Rene Descartes, Laboratoire d Anatomie Fonctionnelle, Montrouge, Paris, France
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 102:e47-59. 2006....
- An evaluation of microbial leakage in roots filled with a thermoplastic synthetic polymer-based root canal filling material (Resilon)Guy Shipper
J Endod 30:342-7. 2004..Kruskal-Wallis test showed statistical significance when all groups were compared (p < 0.05). Mann-Whitney U test compared the respective groups and found Resilon groups superior to gutta-percha groups (p < 0.05)...
- Polymicrobial leakage of four root canal sealers at two different thicknessesGustavo De-Deus
Department of Endodontics, Rio de Janeiro State University, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Endod 32:998-1001. 2006..Generally, greater sealer thickness influenced negatively the sealing ability of the root canal filling, except in AH Plus samples...
- An in vitro evaluation of the apical sealing ability of a new resin-based root canal obturation systemEmel Olga Onay
Department of Endodontics, Baskent University Faculty of Dentistry, Ankara, Turkey
J Endod 32:976-8. 2006..05). It was found that there were no significant differences between Epiphany-Resilon combination and all the other groups (p > 0.05)...
- Evaluation of the influence of smear layer on the apical and coronal sealing ability of two sealersFunda Kont Cobankara
Department of Endodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Selcuk University, Campus 42075, Konya, Turkey
J Endod 30:406-9. 2004..05). Under the conditions of this study, the results indicate that removal of the smear layer has a positive effect in reducing apical and coronal leakage for both AH26 and RoekoSeal root canal sealers...
- Comparison of procedural errors resulting during root canal preparations completed by senior dental students in patients using an '8-step method' versus 'serial step-back technique'Anda Kfir
Department of Endodontology, The Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 97:745-8. 2004..To compare procedural errors that occur in patients during root canal preparation by senior dental students using a new '8-step method' versus the traditional 'serial step-back technique.'..
- An in vitro model to investigate filling of lateral canalsMauro Venturi
Department of Dental Sciences, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Endod 31:877-81. 2005..The tested procedure appears to be a reliable technique to obtain standardized lateral canals and to compare filling procedures...
- Lateral condensation in canals prepared with nickel titanium rotary instruments: an evaluation of the use of three different master conesMichael W Hembrough
Department of Endodontics, University of Detroit Mercy, MI, USA
J Endod 28:516-9. 2002..Results showed that obturation efficiency was significantly greater in groups B and C than in group A. There was no significant difference in obturation quality between any of the three groups...
- In vivo performance of the new non-instrumentation technology (NIT) for root canal obturationA Lussi
Department of Operative, Preventive and Paediatric Dentistry, University of Bern, School of Dental Medicine, Bern, Switzerland
Int Endod J 35:352-8. 2002..The aim of this in vivo study was to compare the radiographic quality of root fillings performed by the NIT-obturation method versus conventional mechanical obturation...
- Non-surgical root canal treatment of Dens invaginatus: reports of three casesSevi Burcak Cengiz
Baskent Universitesi, Dishekimligi Fakultesi, Ankara, Turkey
Int Dent J 56:17-21. 2006..Two teeth were obturated with gutta percha points and AH Plus sealer using cold lateral compaction...
- Comparative study of sealing capabilities and adhesiveness of injectable root canal sealers using pressure syringe techniqueU Dabas
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontia, K.M. Shah Dental College, Vadodara, India
Indian J Dent Res 12:151-8. 2001..Use of pressure-syringe to introduce root canal sealer in the root canal without gutta percha or silver cone represents a modification to current technique of obturation...
- Setting times for endodontic sealers under clinical usage and in vitro conditionsN A Allan
Department of Endodontics, Univesity of Iowa College of Dentistry, Iowa City 52242-1001, USA
J Endod 27:421-3. 2001..Roth's was very slow; most were unset after 8 wk. Sealers on the glass slab set much more rapidly. In conclusion, under clinical conditions, sealers set slowly (particularly Roth's) and were more delayed than when tested in vitro...
- Effect of ultrasonic vibration and various sealer and cement combinations on titanium post removalB E Bergeron
Department of Endodontics, Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, TX, USA
J Endod 27:13-7. 2001..There was no statistical difference in retention of posts cemented with either zinc phosphate or Panavia 21, regardless of the sealer used. Additionally ultrasonic vibration increased post retention for both cements...
- Effect of 2% chlorhexidine gel mixed with calcium hydroxide as an intracanal medication on sealing ability of permanent root canal filling: a 6-month follow-upEvangelos G Kontakiotis
Department of Endodontics, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
J Endod 34:866-70. 2008....
- A comparison between Thermafil and lateral condensation in highly curved canalsL G McMurtrey
Department of Endodontics, College of Dentistry, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
J Endod 18:68-71. 1992..137 (p > 0.05). Mean leakage for teeth obturated with the Thermafil was 1.15 mm and was 1.09 mm for lateral condensation. The Thermafil technique resulted in similar dye penetration to lateral condensation in highly curved canals...
- A comparison of apical sealing and extrusion between Thermafil and lateral condensation techniquesA M Abarca
Division of Endodontia, School of Dentistry, Universidad de Chile, Santiago
J Endod 27:670-2. 2001..Molars were decalcified, rendered transparent, and linear dye penetration was measured. Linear dye leakage and apical extrusion between the techniques were not statistically different (Mann-Whitney U test)...
- The unpredictability of seal after post space preparation: a fluid transport studyL Abramovitz
Department of Endodontology, Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
J Endod 27:292-5. 2001..These results suggest that 3 to 6 mm fillings provided a seal inferior to that of intact root canal fillings. Reduction of the fillings to 3 mm resulted in an unpredictable seal...
- An in vitro study of coronal microleakage around bonded amalgam coronal-radicular cores in endodontically treated molar teethMark David Howdle
St Ann s Dental Clinic, 14 St Ann s Square, Manchester M2 7HQ, England
Quintessence Int 33:22-9. 2002....
- Leakage resistance of a self-etch sealer-cone obturation systemGregori M Kurtzman
University of Maryland Dental School, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Compend Contin Educ Dent 29:244, 246-8. 2008
- In vitro apical leakage of system B compared with other filling techniquesL Pommel
, , Marseille, France
J Endod 27:449-51. 2001..Regardless of the technique the apical leakage increased after 1-month storage (p = 0.001 or p = 0.0001, depending on the technique)...
- Evaluation of leakage of bacteria and endotoxins in teeth treated endodontically by two different techniquesP Carratu
Federico II University, Naples, Italy
J Endod 28:272-5. 2002..None of the obturated roots was infiltrated by endotoxins after 31 days. On the contrary, between day 13 and day 37 bacteria had infiltrated all specimens...
- Microbial leakage evaluation of the continuous wave of condensationH L Jay Jacobson
Department of Endodontology, Oregon Health Sciences University School of Dentistry, Portland 97201, USA
J Endod 28:269-71. 2002..This difference was statistically significant (p < or = 0.05). However, there was no statistical difference between groups 1 and 2 in the numbers of teeth that demonstrated bacterial leakage at the end of the study...
- Bacterial penetration through canals of endodontically treated teeth in the presence or absence of the smear layerDeborah Clark-Holke
College of Dentistry, Dows Institute of Dental Research, University of Iowa, 801 Newton Road, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Dent 31:275-81. 2003..Specifically, this study focused on determining the effect of the smear layer on the magnitude of bacterial penetration through the apical foramen...
- Simple, precise, and predictable root canal obturationWilliam L Wildey
Dent Today 21:60-5. 2002
- A systematic review of in vivo retrograde obturation materialsR Niederman
The Forsyth Institute, 140 The Fenway, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Int Endod J 36:577-85. 2003..resection) and retrograde (root-end) obturation (filling), which retrograde obturation (root-end filling) material(s) is/are the most effective, as determined by reduction in periapical radiolucency and elimination of signs and symptoms?..
- The ability of thiourea to scavenge hydrogen peroxide and hydroxyl radicals during the intra-coronal bleaching of bloodstained root-filled teethD S Farmer
Endodontic Teaching Group, Dental School, The University of Adelaide, South Australia
Aust Dent J 51:146-52. 2006....
- Retention strengths of five luting cements on prefabricated dowels after root canal obturation with a zinc oxide/eugenol sealer: 1. Dowel space preparation/cementation at one week after obturationMark S Hagge
University of the Pacific School of Dentistry, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
J Prosthodont 11:168-75. 2002This investigation examined the effect of 5 different cements on the retention strength of prefabricated endodontic dowels placed into root canals previously obturated with gutta percha and a zinc oxide/eugenol (ZOE) sealer.
- Cross-Reactivity studies of gutta-percha, gutta-balata, and natural rubber latex (Hevea brasiliensis)G E Costa
Endodontics Department, Naval Postgraduate Dental School, National Naval Dental Center, Bethesda, MD 20889 5602, USA
J Endod 27:584-7. 2001..Because gutta-balata is sometimes added to commercial gutta-percha products caution should be exercised if products containing gutta-balata are used in endodontic care of latex-allergic individuals...
- Effects of three canal sealers on bond strength of a fiber postEbru Ozsezer Demiryürek
Department of Dentistry, Samsun, Turkey
J Endod 36:497-501. 2010..This study evaluated the effects of three different endodontic sealers on the bond strength of a fiber post cemented with adhesive resin cement...
- Chemical and X-ray analyses of five brands of dental gutta-percha coneE D Gurgel-Filho
Department of Endodontics, University of Fortaleza, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
Int Endod J 36:302-7. 2003..To determine the chemical composition of five commercially available nonstandardized gutta-percha points...
- Effect of endodontic sealers on dowels luted with resin cementD R Burns
Department of Prosthodontics, Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Dentistry, Richmond, VA 23298 0566, USA
J Prosthodont 9:137-41. 2000This study evaluated the retention of prefabricated parallel-sided dowels luted with resin cement in extracted teeth that were obturated with gutta percha using a eugenol sealer or a calcium hydroxide sealer.
- Effect of calcium hydroxide-based materials on periapical tissue healing and orthodontic root resorption of endodontically treated teeth in dogsRicardo Sampaio de Souza
Department of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry of Cascavel, Paraná State University UNIPAR, Cascavel, PR, Brazil
Dent Traumatol 25:213-8. 2009..Under the tested conditions, Ca(OH)(2)-based materials had a favourable action on periapical tissue healing and repair of orthodontic root resorption in endodontically treated dogs' teeth...
- Two-year clinical evaluation of nonvital tooth whitening and resin composite restorationsSimone Deliperi
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
J Esthet Restor Dent 17:369-78; discussion 379. 2005..The number of patients asking for ultraconservative treatments is increasing; clinicians are starting to reevaluate the dogma of traditional restorative dentistry and look for alternative methods to build up severely destroyed teeth...
- Coronal sealing ability of a new root canal filling materialEmre Bodrumlu
Ondokuz Mayis University, Faculty of Dentistry, Operative Dentistry and Endodontics Department, 55139 Kurupelit Samsun Turkey
J Can Dent Assoc 73:623. 2007..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the coronal sealing ability of the new endodontic obturation system...
- In vitro cytotoxicity of root canal filling materials: 1. Gutta-perchaE A Pascon
University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington
J Endod 16:429-33. 1990..All GP points tested were toxic at longer observation periods, and the toxicity was attributed to leakage of zinc ions into the fluids...
- Radiographic assessment of post-retained crowns in an adult Jordanian populationKhaled Q Al-Hamad
Department of Restorative Dentistry of the Faculty of Dentistry at the Jordan University of Science and Technology in Irbid, Jordan
J Contemp Dent Pract 7:29-36. 2006..The objective of this study was to radiographically assess and compare the quality of post-retained crowns fabricated at the Dental Health Centre of the Jordan University of Science & Technology (JUST)...
- Effects of instrumentation, irrigation and dressing with calcium hydroxide on infection in pulpless teeth with periapical bone lesionsL B Peters
Departments of Cariology, Endodontology, Pedodontology, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int Endod J 35:13-21. 2002..The aim of this study was to evaluate the fate of microorganisms in root canals of teeth with infected pulps and periapical bone lesions with and without the use of calcium hydroxide medication...
- Coronal microleakage assessed by polymicrobial markersLeandro Rodrigues Britto
Depepartment of Endodontics, University of Florida College of Dentistry, USA
J Contemp Dent Pract 4:1-10. 2003..The combination of MicroSeal obturation technique with Ketac-Endo sealer allowed a slower rate of coronal-apical bacterial migration...
- The long-term sealing ability of an epoxy resin root canal sealer used with five gutta percha obturation techniquesR J G De Moor
Department of Operative Dentistry and Endodontology, Dental School, University Hospital, University of Ghent, Belgium
Int Endod J 35:275-82. 2002..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the long-term sealing ability (both apical and coronal) of an epoxy resin root canal sealer (AH26) when used with different gutta-percha obturation techniques...
- Effect of dowel space preparation and composite cement thickness on retention of a prefabricated dowelMark S Hagge
Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of the Pacific School of Dentistry, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
J Prosthodont 11:19-24. 2002..what effect cement thickness had on retention of prefabricated endodontic dowels luted with a composite resin cement (Panavia 21 OP; J Morita, Irvine, CA) into canals previously obturated with gutta percha and a eugenol-based sealer.
- Strength of core build-up materials in endodontically treated teethJ Foley
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Dundee Dental Hospital and School, Scotland, UK
Am J Dent 10:166-72. 1997..To compare the in vitro strength of a reinforced glass ionomer and a light-cured glass ionomer used as an alternative to amalgam in core construction to restore endodontically treated mandibular molar teeth...
- The effect of two root canal sealers on the retentive strength of glass fibre endodontic postsS T Davis
School of Dental Science, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
J Oral Rehabil 34:468-73. 2007..Group 1 was obturated with gutta percha and a calcium hydroxide-based sealer (Sealapex, Kerr)...
- Periapical healing of endodontically treated teeth in one and two visits obturated in the presence or absence of detectable microorganismsL B Peters
Department of Cardiology Endodontology Pedodontology, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int Endod J 35:660-7. 2002....
- [Morphologic evaluation of adhesive/resin cement system and fiber post: a sem investigation]P Luglie
Istituto di Clinica Odontostomatologica, Universita degli Studi di Sassari, Sassari, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 52:471-80. 2003..The purpose of the present paper is to carry out an SEM investigation into the adhesive cementation of quartz fibre posts in canals treated with endodontic cements containing or not containing eugenol...
- Alpha- and beta-forms of gutta-percha in products for root canal fillingE C Combe
Minnesota Dental Research Center for Biomaterials and Biomechanics, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Int Endod J 34:447-51. 2001..This study was undertaken to evaluate which materials were in the alpha-form of gutta-percha as claimed, and which were in the more conventional beta-form, and to explore the effect of heating on the materials...
- Effects of calcium hydroxide paste medication on coronal leakageS Sevimay
Department of Endodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Ankara, Ankara, Turkey
J Oral Rehabil 31:240-4. 2004..05). The results of the present study indicated that the application of Ca(OH)(2) as a temporary dressing material had no effect on coronal leakage...
- Influence of bone marrow on membrane-guided bone regeneration of segmental long-bone defects in rabbitsR Nyman
Department of Radiology, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg Hand Surg 35:239-46. 2001..Any attempts to delay or prevent bone marrow ingrowth into the defects did retard regeneration of segmental long-bone defects...
- Cross-reactivity between gutta-percha and natural rubber latex: assumptions vs. realityCurt Hamann
SmartPractice, Phoenix, Ariz 85008, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 133:1357-67. 2002..Immunological cross-reactivity between gutta-percha and natural rubber latex, or NRL, has not been demonstrated clearly despite recent concerns and several suspected cases reported in the literature...
- FP core carrier technique: thermoplasticized gutta-percha root canal obturation technique using polypropylene coreHiroshi Kato
Department of Endodontics and Clinical Cariology, Tokyo Dental College, Chiba, Japan
Bull Tokyo Dent Coll 51:213-20. 2010..Hence the FP core carrier technique is very useful in clinical practice. This paper describes the FP core carrier technique as a new core based method...
- [Analysis of short-term pain occurrence applying different materials for root canal therapy]Ren Fei Wang
Hangzhou Stomatology Hospital, Zhejiang Hangzhou, 310006, China
Shanghai Kou Qiang Yi Xue 12:260-2. 2003..The aim of this study is to compare the occurrence of pain applying different materials of root canal therapy in vital teeth...
- Substitutes for methylene chloride as dental softening agentE Asmussen
Department of Dental Materials, School of Dentistry, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Oral Sci 108:335-40. 2000..Because of the variation in polarity, the calculated solubility parameter was not a reliable predictor of softening efficacy of the investigated compounds...
- Evaluation of microleakage following application of a dentin bonding agent as root canal sealer in the presence or absence of smear layerSaeed Moradi
Department of Endodontics, Dental Research Center, Faculty of Dentistry, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
J Oral Sci 51:207-13. 2009..According to the results of this study, DBA (Excite DSC) had better apical sealing ability and could be applied clinically...
- Influence of different root canal-filling materials on the mechanical properties of root canal dentinNicola M Grande
Department of Endodontics, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
J Endod 33:859-63. 2007....
- [In vitro evaluation of five root canal sealers]L Testarelli
Cattedra di Materiali Dentari, Corso di Laurea in Igiene Dentale, Universita degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, Roma, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 52:19-24. 2003..The goal of the present study was to evaluate the film thickness of the following five root canal sealers: RSA, Rocanal R4, N2, Bioseal and Acroseal...
- Significance of moist root canal dentin with the use of methacrylate-based endodontic sealers: an in vitro coronal dye leakage studyOsvaldo Zmener
Post Graduate Program for Specialized Endodontics, Faculty of Medical Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of El Salvador, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Endod 34:76-9. 2008..05) when moist conditions II and III were present...
- Efficacy of ProTaper universal retreatment files in removing filling materials during root canal retreatmentValentina Giuliani
Department of Endodontics, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
J Endod 34:1381-4. 2008..The rotary NiTi system proved to be faster than hand instruments in removing root filling materials...
- Effect of gutta-percha solvents on mineral contents of human root dentin using ICP-AES techniqueAli Erdemir
Department of Endodontics, Selcuk University, Faculty of Dentistry, Konya, Turkey
J Endod 30:54-6. 2004..05). As a result it was concluded that gutta-percha solvents have effect on mineral contents of root dentin...
- Detecting the apical constriction in curved mandibular molar roots--preflared versus nonflared canalsIrfan Ullah Khan
Armed Forces Institute of Dentistry, Rawalpindi
J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 15:47-9. 2003..preparing the canal upto that extent and then filling the entire canal upto the apical constriction with gutta percha points...
- In vitro study of microbial leakage in roots filled with EndoREZ sealer/EndoREZ Points and AH Plus sealer/conventional gutta-percha pointsSaulius Drukteinis
Institute of Odontology, Faculty of Medicine, Vilnius University, Zalgirio 117, 08217, Vilnius
Stomatologija 11:21-5. 2009..The aim of this study was to determine and compare the microbial leakage of roots filled with EndoREZ sealer/EndoREZ Points and AH Plus sealer/ conventional gutta-percha points...
- Quantitative evaluation of debris extruded apically by using ProTaper Universal Tulsa rotary system in endodontic retreatmentXiangya Huang
Department of Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, Guanghua College of Stomatology, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
J Endod 33:1102-5. 2007..001). The ProTaper Universal Tulsa rotary technique proves to be a viable alternative method in endodontic retreatment...
- SEM evaluation of thermoplastic endodontic materials alterations after disinfection: a new experimental modelFabiana Soares Grecca
School of Dentistry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Microsc Res Tech 74:109-12. 2011..001). The present study has demonstrated the feasibility of using a modified SEM method. This opens opportunities to the use of new and precise tools for evaluating a sample in different moments...
- In vitro fracture resistance of root-filled teeth using new-generation dentine bonding adhesivesF Hurmuzlu
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Cumhuriyet University, Sivas, Turkey
Int Endod J 36:770-3. 2003..To compare the fracture resistance of root-filled premolar teeth restored with new-generation dentine bonding adhesives...
- Leakage along apical root fillings with and without smear layer using two different leakage models: a two-month longitudinal ex vivo studyH Shemesh
Department of Cariology Endodontology Pedodontology, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int Endod J 39:968-76. 2006..To compare two different experimental models when measuring leakage along root fillings with or without smear layer...
- Interaction between sealers and gutta-percha conesMichael Tagger
Department of Endodontology, The Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Israel
J Endod 29:835-7. 2003..It was not possible to ascribe a trend of greater effect to a certain sealer, but Roth's 811 had the least effect on flow...
- A 24-month survey on root canal treatment performed by NiTi engine driven files and warm gutta-percha filling associated systemM A Gagliani
School of Dentistry, DMCO San Paolo, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 53:543-54. 2004Techniques based on NiTi engine driven files for shaping and warm gutta percha for obturing the root canal space are becoming more and more popular...
- In vitro evaluation of the dissolving effect of solvents on root canal sealersAli Erdemir
Department of Endodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey
J Oral Sci 45:123-6. 2003..05). There was no advantage in using solvents to remove Sankin Apatite Root Sealer (P > 0.05). Solvents were found to be very effective in dissolving the Sultan U/P root canal sealer (P < 0.05)...
- The effect of calcium hydroxide root filling on dentin fracture strengthBrett Rosenberg
Department of Endodontics, College of Dental Medicine, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328 2018, USA
Dent Traumatol 23:26-9. 2007..As a control group, 10 teeth were vertically compacted with gutta percha and sealer. The MTFS of the teeth was measured (Mpa) using an Instron machine...
- Stem Cell Based Therapy for Regenerative Endodontics George T J Huang; Fiscal Year: 2013..billion) per year in the US-a procedure consisting of the removal of the entire pulp and replacing it with gutta percha (rubber-like material)...
- TRADITIONAL & MEDICAL MODELS OF PERIODONTAL CARERichard Niederman; Fiscal Year: 2005..These points argue for a direct comparison of the medical and traditional model of care. ..