Summary: Dental cements composed either of polymethyl methacrylate or dimethacrylate, produced by mixing an acrylic monomer liquid with acrylic polymers and mineral fillers. The cement is insoluble in water and is thus resistant to fluids in the mouth, but is also irritating to the dental pulp. It is used chiefly as a luting agent for fabricated and temporary restorations. (Jablonski's Dictionary of Dentistry, 1992, p159)
Publications339 found, 100 shown here
- Influence of surface treatments and resin cement selection on bonding to densely-sintered zirconium-oxide ceramicRaquel Castillo de Oyagüe
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, University Complutense of Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Dent Mater 25:172-9. 2009To evaluate the effect of surface conditioning on the microtensile bond strength of zirconium-oxide ceramic to dual-cured resin cements.
- Plant extract ankaferd blood stopper effect on bond strengthGoksu Trakyali
Department of Orthodontics, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, Turkey
Angle Orthod 80:570-4. 2010..To determine the effect of Ankaferd Blood Stopper (ABS) on the shear bond strength (SBS) of orthodontic attachments...
- Nanoleakage, ultramorphological characteristics, and microtensile bond strengths of a new low-shrinkage composite to dentin after artificial agingSillas Duarte
Department of Comprehensive Care, Case Western Reserve University, School of Dental Medicine, 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106 4905, USA
Dent Mater 25:589-600. 2009..The null hypotheses tested were (1) aging does not affect the bonding of low-shrinkage composite; (2) there is no difference in microtensile bond strengths and nanoleakage using different bonding strategies...
- Bonding effectiveness and sealing ability of fiber-post bondingFrancesca Zicari
Leuven BIOMAT Research Cluster, Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
Dent Mater 24:967-77. 2008..To evaluate the push-out bond strength and the sealing ability of five adhesive cements routinely used for fiber-post bonding...
- Light transmission through a translucent fiber postLuís Fernando dos Santos Alves Morgan
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
J Endod 34:299-302. 2008..Even without the post, the luminous intensity inside the canal seems to decrease to levels that are insufficient for polymerization, especially in the apical third...
- Effect of thermocycling on bond strength of luting cements to zirconia ceramicHeinz Lüthy
Clinic for Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics and Dental Materials Science, Center for Dental and Oral Medicine, University of Zurich, Plattenstrasse 11, CH 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
Dent Mater 22:195-200. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the shear bond strength of different cements to densely sintered zirconia ceramic after aging by thermocycling...
- Effect of a self-etch primer/adhesive on the shear bond strength of orthodontic bracketsS E Bishara
Department of Orthodontics, University of Iowa, College of Dentistry, Iowa City 52242-1001, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 119:621-4. 2001..006) more residual adhesive remaining on the teeth that were treated with the new self-etch primer than on those teeth that were bonded with the use of the conventional adhesive system...
- Resin-ceramic bonding: a review of the literatureMarkus B Blatz
School of Dentistry, Department of Prosthodontics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans 70119, USA
J Prosthet Dent 89:268-74. 2003..Further in vitro studies, as well as controlled clinical trials, are needed...
- Comparison of photo-activation versus chemical or dual-curing of resin-based luting cements regarding flexural strength, modulus and surface hardnessN Hofmann
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, Bavarian Julius Maximilians University of Würzburg, Germany
J Oral Rehabil 28:1022-8. 2001..In contrast, dual-curing maintained flexural strength for all, the modulus for three and the hardness for one of the materials. The mechanical properties of the self-curing resin cement ranged between those of the DC materials...
- Mechanical properties of new self-adhesive resin-based cementTakashi Nakamura
Department of Fixed Prosthodontics, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Prosthodont Res 54:59-64. 2010The aim of this study was to compare the bonding strength, flexural strength, elastic modulus, water absorption and the expansion after water storage of new self-adhesive resin cements to commercially available dental cements.
- Effects of luting agent and thermocycling on bond strengths to root canal dentineK Bitter
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University School of Dental Medicine, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Int Endod J 39:809-18. 2006..To investigate the effects of luting agent and thermocycling on bond strengths to root canal dentine...
- Effect of post-space treatment on retention of fiber posts in different root regions using two self-etching systemsLing Zhang
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Stomatology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
Eur J Oral Sci 116:280-6. 2008..A solo irrigation with an EDTA/NaOCl solution resulted in a lower apical push-out strength compared with the other two experimental groups...
- Effect of surface treatments on tensile bond strength and on morphology of quartz-fiber postsCamillo D'Arcangelo
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University G d Annunzio Chieti, Chieti, Italy
J Endod 33:264-7. 2007..The increase in retentive strength was more remarkable in sandblasted and etched posts. Significant changes of post surfaces were SEM observed after different conditioning treatments...
- Effect of wet vs. dry testing on the mechanical properties of hydrophilic self-etching primer polymersKeiichi Hosaka
Cariology and Operative Dentistry, Department of Restorative Sciences, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Oral Sci 115:239-45. 2007..Both E and UTS correlated significantly with the BisGMA concentration of the polymers, either wet or dry. The percentage changes in E or UTS were significantly correlated with the water sorption of the polymers...
- Bond strengths of two adhesive systems to dentin contaminated with a hemostatic agentWatcharaporn Kuphasuk
Department of Operative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Oper Dent 32:399-405. 2007..The bond strength of CB20 to contaminated dentin was significantly lower than that to normal dentin. The extension of primer application time from 20 to 40 seconds significantly increased the bond strength of CB to contaminated dentin...
- Mechanical property characterization of resin cement after aqueous aging with and without cyclic loadingMary P Walker
Department of Restorative Dentistry Prosthodontics and Biomaterials, University of Missouri Kansas City School of Dentistry, 650 East 25th Street, Kansas City, MO 64108 5419, USA
Dent Mater 19:645-52. 2003..The purpose of this study was to determine changes in flexural properties of resin cement under cyclic loading and aqueous aging...
- Degree of conversion of Filtek Silorane Adhesive System and Clearfil SE Bond within the hybrid and adhesive layer: an in situ Raman analysisChiara O Navarra
Department of Biomedicine, University of Trieste, Trieste, Italy
Dent Mater 25:1178-85. 2009..To examine the degree of conversion (DC) of the adhesive interfaces created by Filtek Silorane Adhesive and Clearfil SE Bond using micro-Raman spectroscopy...
- Surface characteristics of orthodontic materials and their effects on adhesion of mutans streptococciSeung Pyo Lee
Department of Oral Anatomy, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Angle Orthod 79:353-60. 2009..To test the hypothesis that there are no significant differences in the adhesion of mutans streptococci (MS) to various orthodontic materials based on their surface characteristics...
- Kinetic analysis of monomer conversion in auto- and dual-polymerizing modes of commercial resin luting cementsCesar A G Arrais
Department of Operative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Guarulhos, Guarulhos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Prosthet Dent 101:128-36. 2009..Lack of knowledge regarding the kinetics of the setting reaction of dual- and autopolymerizing resin luting agents (RLA) leads the clinician to underestimate the care required during occlusal adjustments of indirect restorations...
- Cooperation of phosphate monomer and silica modification on zirconiaR Tanaka
Department of Oral Biomaterials and Technology, Showa University, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
J Dent Res 87:666-70. 2008..Stable shear bond strength was achieved on silica-coated YPSZ ceramics with the cooperative interaction of phosphate monomer and silane coupling...
- The effect of surface treatment on the shear bond strength of luting cement to a glass-infiltrated alumina ceramicM Ozcan
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Prosthodont 14:335-9. 2001The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of three different surface treatments on the bond strength of four different luting cements--three bis-GMA-based resin cements and a compomer cement--to In-Ceram.
- Effect of different light curing methods on mechanical and physical properties of resin-cements polymerized through ceramic discsIsil Cekic-Nagas
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
J Appl Oral Sci 19:403-12. 2011..halogen, light-emitting diodes and plasma arc) and their exposure modes (high-intensity and soft-start) by determination of microhardness, water sorption and solubility, and diametral tensile strength of 5 dual-curing resin cements.
- Effect of root canal sealers on bond strength of fibreglass posts cemented with self-adhesive resin cementsD Cecchin
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Piracicaba Dental School, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Piracicaba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int Endod J 44:314-20. 2011This study evaluated the effects of different root canal sealers on the bond strength of a fibreglass post cemented with self-adhesive resin cements.
- Blood contamination effect on shear bond strength of an orthodontic hydrophilic resinTaís de Morais Alves da Cunha
Dental School, Pontifical Catholic University of Parana, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
J Appl Oral Sci 20:89-93. 2012..The aim of this study was to assess the impact of blood contamination on shear bond strength (SBS) and bond failure pattern of metallic brackets bonded using a new hydrophilic resin...
- A critical analysis of the degree of conversion of resin-based luting cementsJaime Dutra Noronha Filho
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Federal Fluminense University, Niteroi, RJ, Brazil
J Appl Oral Sci 18:442-6. 2010..0-mm-thick IPS Empress 2 disc...
- Mechanical properties of one and two-step fluoridated orthodontic resins submitted to different pH cycling regimesPaula Passalini
School of Dentistry of Rio de Janeiro, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Braz Oral Res 24:197-203. 2010..05). It could be concluded that Transbond Plus Color Change resin presented better shear bond strength and adhesive remnant index when submitted to high cariogenic challenge, in comparison with Orthodontic Fill Magic...
- Durability of the resin bond strength to zirconia ceramic after using different surface conditioning methodsMona Wolfart
Department of Prosthodontics, Propaedeutics and Dental Materials, Dental School, Christian Albrechts University at Kiel, Germany
Dent Mater 23:45-50. 2007..The purpose of this in vitro study was the evaluation of the bond strength and its durability of two composite resins to zirconia ceramic after using different surface conditioning methods...
- Effect of time on tensile bond strength of resin cement bonded to dentine and low-viscosity compositeRosangela Marques Duarte
School of Dentistry, Federal University of Paraiba, UFPB, João Pessoa PB, Brazil
J Dent 34:52-61. 2006....
- The effect of tooth bleaching on the shear bond strength of orthodontic bracketsSamir E Bishara
Orthodontic Department, College of Dentistry, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242 1001, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 128:755-60. 2005..The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of enamel bleaching on the shear bond strength of orthodontic brackets bonded with a composite adhesive...
- Effects of blood contamination on microtensile bond strength to dentin of three self-etch adhesivesSeok Woo Chang
Department of Conservative Dentistry, The Institute of Oral Health Science, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Oper Dent 35:330-6. 2010..05) groups. Based on the results of the current study, it was found that blood contamination reduced the MTBS of all three self-etch adhesives to dentin, and water-rinsing was unable to overcome the effects of blood contamination...
- Influence of surface roughness on streptococcal adhesion forces to composite resinsLi Mei
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Dent Mater 27:770-8. 2011..To determine streptococcal adhesion forces with composite resins with different surface roughness...
- Chemical analysis and bonding reaction of RelyX Unicem and Bifix composites--a comparative studyHans U V Gerth
Institute of Physical Chemistry, University of Munster, Germany
Dent Mater 22:934-41. 2006..The bonding of both materials to hydroxyapatite (HAp) was studied...
- Effect of simulated pulpal pressure on self-adhesive cements bonding to dentinClaudia Mazzitelli
Department of Dental Materials and Restorative Dentistry, Policlinico Le Scotte, University of Siena, Viale Bracci, 53100 Siena, Italy
Dent Mater 24:1156-63. 2008..To evaluate the bonding effectiveness of self-adhesive luting cements to dentin in the presence of simulated hydrostatic intrapulpal pressure (PP)...
- Adhesive post-endodontic restorations with fiber posts: push-out tests and SEM observationsLuca Boschian Pest
Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Dent Mater 18:596-602. 2002..6 GPa). Fiber posts, resin cements and some composite resins all have this characteristic...
- Influence of curing method and storage condition on microhardness of dual-cure resin cementsRena Shimura
Cariology and Operative Dentistry, Department of Restorative Sciences, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Dent Mater J 24:70-5. 2005This study evaluated the influence of curing method and storage condition on the microhardness of dual-cure resin cements: Panavia F 2.0 (PF) and Nexus 2 (NX)...
- Limited decalcification/diffusion of self-adhesive cements into dentinF Monticelli
Department of Dental Materials, School of Dentistry, University of Granada, Spain
J Dent Res 87:974-9. 2008..Limited decalcification/infiltration was observed for self-adhesive cements into the underlying dentin. Self-adhesive cements were not able to demineralize/dissolve the smear layer completely...
- Push-out strength of translucent fibre posts cemented using a dual-curing technique or a light-curing self-adhering materialL Giachetti
Dental Materials and Restorative Dentistry, Tuscany School of Dental Medicine, University of Florence and Siena, Department of Public Health, Dentistry, University of Florence, Italy
Int Endod J 45:249-56. 2012..To compare by means of a push-out test the interfacial strength of a dual-curing resin cement and a light-curing self-adhering resin composite when used in translucent fibre post cementation...
- Self-adhesive resin cements: a literature reviewIvana Radovic
Clinic for Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
J Adhes Dent 10:251-8. 2008..To summarize research conducted on self-adhesive cements and provide information on their properties, based on the results of original scientific full-length papers from peer-reviewed journals listed in PubMed...
- Light transmission through fiber post: the effect on adhesion, elastic modulus and hardness of dual-cure resin cementIvana Radovic
Clinic for Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Belgrade, Dr Subotica 11, Beograd 11000, Serbia
Dent Mater 25:837-44. 2009....
- Enamel loss during bonding, debonding, and cleanup with use of a self-etching primerIngrid Hosein
Department of Child Dental Health, Bristol Dental School, Bristol, United Kingdom
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 126:717-24. 2004..In both the conventional and self-etch groups, most enamel loss occurred after the use of the high-speed tungsten carbide bur or the ultrasonic scaler and least with the slow-speed tungsten carbide bur or the debanding pliers...
- Influence of ceramic surface conditioning and resin cements on microtensile bond strength to a glass ceramicJatyr Pisani-Proenca
Department of Dental Materials, School of Dentistry, University of Granada, Granada, Spain
J Prosthet Dent 96:412-7. 2006..It is not clear how different glass ceramic surface pretreatments influence the bonding capacity of various luting agents to these surfaces...
- Microtensile bond strength of a resin cement to glass infiltrated zirconia-reinforced ceramic: the effect of surface conditioningRegina Amaral
Sao Paulo State University, Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil
Dent Mater 22:283-90. 2006..This study evaluated the effect of three surface conditioning methods on the microtensile bond strength of resin cement to a glass-infiltrated zirconia-reinforced alumina-based core ceramic...
- Degree of conversion of dual-cured resin cement light-cured through three fibre posts within human root canals: an ex vivo studyY K Kim
Department of Conservative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea
Int Endod J 42:667-74. 2009..To evaluate the degree of conversion of one dual-cured resin cement light-cured through three fibre posts within extracted human teeth...
- Bonding of resin composite luting cements to zirconium oxide by two air-particle abrasion methodsOvul Kumbuloglu
Biomechanical Testing Laboratory, University of Turku, Institute of Dentistry, Finland
Oper Dent 31:248-55. 2006..This study evaluated the shear bond strength of two resin composite luting cements to zirconium oxide ceramic substrate using two air-particle abrasion methods...
- The effect of curing mode on extent of polymerization and microhardness of dual-cured, self-adhesive resin cementsMilena Cadenaro
Department of SAU and FAL, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Am J Dent 23:14-8. 2010..or light-cure) on the extent of polymerization (%EP1 as measured using differential scanning calorimetry, (DSC) and microhardness of two dual-cured, self-adhesive resin cements, using a conventional, dual-cured resin cement as control.
- Bond strengths of resin cements to fiber-reinforced composite postsKerstin Bitter
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University School of Dental Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Am J Dent 19:138-42. 2006..To evaluate the bond strengths of six different luting cements to fiber-reinforced composite (FRC) posts after various pre-treatment procedures...
- Bonding of photo and dual-cure adhesives to root canal dentinRichard M Foxton
Division of Conservative Dentistry, GKT Dental Institute, London, UK
Oper Dent 28:543-51. 2003..Photo-initiated polymerization of the adhesive resin and dual-cure resin composite was necessary to achieve good bonding to root canal dentin, which was not dependent upon region...
- Effect of two fiber post types and two luting cement systems on regional post retention using the push-out testVivian J J Wang
College of Stomatology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, PR China
Dent Mater 24:372-7. 2008..To investigate regional root canal push-out bond strengths for two fiber-reinforced post types using two adhesive systems...
- Effect of adhesive resin cements and post surface silanization on the bond strengths of adhesively inserted fiber postsKarl Thomas Wrbas
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University School and Dental Hospital, Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg, Freiburg i Br, Germany
J Endod 33:840-3. 2007..Silanization had no significant effect (P > .05, one-way analysis of variance). Tensile bond strengths were significantly influenced by the type of resin cement. Silanization of fiber post surfaces seems to have no clinical relevance...
- Morphological and bond strength evaluation of different resin cements to root dentinKerstin Bitter
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University School of Dental Medicine, CharitéCentrum 3, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Eur J Oral Sci 117:326-33. 2009This study correlated the morphological characteristics with the bond strengths of various resin cements used for bonding fiber posts to root canal dentin...
- An in vitro comparative assessment of different enamel contaminants during bracket bondingAndreas Faltermeier
Department of Orthodontics, University Clinics, Regensburg, Germany
Eur J Orthod 29:559-63. 2007..Under dry conditions hydrophilic or hydrophobic primers could be applied. Blood contamination seems to be a more serious problem for bond strength than saliva or etching gel contamination...
- Micropermeability of current self-etching and etch-and-rinse adhesives bonded to deep dentine: a comparison study using a double-staining/confocal microscopy techniqueSalvatore Sauro
Dental Biomaterials Science, Biomimetics and Biophotonics, King s College London Dental Institute at Guy s, St Thomas Hospitals, London, UK
Eur J Oral Sci 116:184-93. 2008..The higher the micropermeability, the higher the risk of defects at the resin-dentine interface, which may represent the pathway for hydrolytic and enzymatic degradation of resin-dentine bonds over time...
- The effect of silane on the bond strengths of fiber postsJorge Perdigao
Department of Restorative Sciences, Division of Operative Dentistry, University of Minnesota, 8 450 Moos Tower, 515 SE Delaware St, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Dent Mater 22:752-8. 2006..Esthetic posts have been developed to maximize the foundation of esthetic restorations. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of silane on the bond strength of three fiber-reinforced resin posts (fiber posts)...
- Microtensile bond strength of a dual-cure resin core material to glass and quartz fibre postsJuthatip Aksornmuang
Cariology and Operative Dentistry, Department of Restorative Science, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Graduate School, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8549, Japan
J Dent 32:443-50. 2004..To evaluate the microtensile bond strength (microTBS) of a dual-cure resin core material to different regions of fibre posts using different surface treatments...
- Bond strength of self-etching adhesives to dental hard tissuesChristoph Kaaden
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Dental Branch, Houston Biomaterials Research Center, USA
Clin Oral Investig 6:155-60. 2002..2 MPa. The median bond strengths for deep dentin were SE 20.2 MPa, LP 5.7 MPa, and EP 1.3 MPa. The adhesives tested bonded effectively to enamel, but only SE achieved promising bond strengths to superficial and deep dentin...
- Influence of surface treatment and simulated aging on bond strengths of luting agents to zirconiaMarkus B Blatz
Department of Preventive and Restorative Sciences, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Quintessence Int 38:745-53. 2007..To evaluate short- and long-term shear bond strengths of 4 luting agents to zirconia following different surface treatments...
- Conditioning effect on dentin, resin tags and hybrid layer of different acidity self-etch adhesives applied to thick and thin smear layerSilvia Kenshima
University of Sao Paulo, FOUSP, Dental Materials Department, Av Professor Lineu Prestes, 2227, Cidade Universitaria, CEP 05508 000, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Dent 34:775-83. 2006..to assess the conditioning effect (CE) of self-etch adhesives of different acidity applied to thick and thin smear layer (SL), the corresponding resin tags (RT) and hybrid layer (HL)...
- Effect of using self-etching primer for bonding orthodontic bracketsRieko Yamada
Department of Orthodontics, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, Chiba, Japan
Angle Orthod 72:558-64. 2002..Megabond self-etching primer may be a candidate for bonding orthodontic brackets using the resin-modified glass ionomer cement for minimizing the amount of enamel loss...
- New zirconia primer improves bond strength of resin-based cementsPascal Magne
Division of Restorative Sciences, School of Dentistry, Oral Health Center, University of Southern California, 3151 Hoover Street, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Dent Mater 26:345-52. 2010..This study evaluated the effect of a new experimental primer, a mixture of organophosphate and carboxylic acid monomers, on the zirconia-to-resin shear bond strength (SBS)...
- Caries-preventive effect of glass ionomer and resin-based fissure sealants on permanent teeth: a meta analysisVeerasamy Yengopal
Division of Public Oral Health, University of the Witwatersrand Johannesburg, Houghton, South Africa
J Oral Sci 51:373-82. 2009..Thus, both materials appear equally suitable for clinical application as a fissure sealant material...
- Fracture toughness of resin-based luting cementsL A Knobloch
College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
J Prosthet Dent 83:204-9. 2000....
- Survival of glass fibre reinforced composite post restorations after 2 years-an observational clinical studyMichael Naumann
Department of Prosthodontics and Geriatric Dentistry, Charite, Humboldt University of Berlin, Föhrerstr 15, D 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Dent 33:305-12. 2005..The aim of this study is to provide prospective clinical data for the survival of postendodontic reconstructions of teeth with varying degrees of hard tissue loss using tapered or parallel-sided post shapes...
- Influence of fatigue loading on four post-and-core systems in maxillary premolarsPeter Bolhuis
Department of Dental Materials Science, ACTA, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Quintessence Int 35:657-67. 2004..As the stiffness of posts may affect the outcome, post-and-core systems with varying post stiffness were selected...
- Microtensile bond strength between adhesive cements and root canal dentinSerge Bouillaguet
Department of Cariology, Endodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dental Medecine, University of Geneva, 19 Rue BarthElemy Menn, CH 1205, Geneva, Switzerland
Dent Mater 19:199-205. 2003....
- Bonding to root canal: structural characteristics of the substrateM Ferrari
University of Siena, Italy
Am J Dent 13:255-60. 2000..To evaluate in vitro the dentin morphology in root canals in terms of tubule orientation, density and increase in surface area after etching...
- Self-etching vs. traditional bonding systems in orthodontics: an in vitro studyS Velo
Department of Orthodontics, University of Ferrara, Italy
Orthod Craniofac Res 5:166-9. 2002..The results showed no statistical differences in detachment values of these two groups...
- A study of the physical and chemical properties of four resin composite luting cementsOvul Kumbuloglu
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
Int J Prosthodont 17:357-63. 2004..This study evaluated the surface microhardness and flexural and compressive strengths of five luting cements and compared the degree of conversion of dual and autopolymerized forms of four resin-based luting cements...
- Mechanical and physical properties of contemporary dental luting agentsNuray Attar
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Hacettepe, Ankara, Turkey
J Prosthet Dent 89:127-34. 2003..Independent studies of basic comparative data are necessary to characterize these materials in relation to mechanical and physical properties...
- Effects of pretreatment and thermocycling on bond strength of resin core materials to various fiber-reinforced composite postsKerstin Bitter
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University School of Dental Medicine, CharitéCentrum 3, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Adhes Dent 10:481-9. 2008..To evaluate the effects of pretreatment (silanization) and thermocycling on bond strengths of 2 core materials to 3 different types of fiber posts...
- Effect of water and saliva contamination on shear bond strength of brackets bonded with conventional, hydrophilic, and self-etching primersVittorio Cacciafesta
Department of Orthodontics, University of Pavia, Italy
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 123:633-40. 2003..No significant differences in debond locations were found among the groups bonded with the self-etching primer under the various enamel conditions...
- Comparison of the hybrid layer formed by Silorane adhesive, one-step self-etch and etch and rinse systems using confocal micro-Raman spectroscopy and SEMArio Santini
The University of Edinburgh, Postgraduate Dental Institute, Lauriston Building 4th floor, Lauriston Place, Edinburgh EH3 9HA, United Kingdom
J Dent 36:683-91. 2008..To determine the extent of the hybrid layer (HL) of the novel adhesive system (Silorane, 3M ESPE) compared to one-step and etch and rinse adhesive systems, using 2D confocal micro-Raman spectroscopy and SEM...
- Shear bond strengths of three resin cements to dentine over 3 years in vitroY Kitasako
Department of Operative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 5 45 Yushima 1 chome, Bunkyo ku, 113 8549, Tokyo, Japan
J Dent 29:139-44. 2001This study was conducted to evaluate the bond durability of three resin cements bonded to bovine dentine over a period of 3 years.
- The effect of resin cement film thickness on the pullout strength of a fiber-reinforced post systemCamillo D'Arcangelo
Restorative Dentistry, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
J Prosthet Dent 98:193-8. 2007..Debonding is a common cause of failure encountered with fiber posts and usually occurs along the post space-dentin adhesive interface. The ideal thickness of the resin cement needed to improve retentive bond strength is unknown...
- Microtensile bond strength of a resin cement to feldpathic ceramic after different etching and silanization regimens in dry and aged conditionsAline Scalone Brentel
Sao Paulo State University, Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil
Dent Mater 23:1323-31. 2007..This study evaluated the durability of bond strength between resin cement and a feldspathic ceramic submitted to different etching regimens with and without silane coupling agent application...
- Cements for use in esthetic dentistryThiago A Pegoraro
Department of Prosthodontics, Bauru School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, Bauru, Al Otávio P Brisola 9 75, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Dent Clin North Am 51:453-71, x. 2007..A reliable cementation procedure can only be achieved if the operator is aware of the mechanisms involved and the material limitations...
- Preparation and evaluation of dental resin luting agents with increasing content of bisphenol-A ethoxylated dimethacrylateRafael R Moraes
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Dental Materials Division Piracicaba Dental School, P O Box 52, University of Campinas UNICAMP Av Limeira 901 13414 903 Piracicaba, SP Brazil
J Biomater Appl 24:453-73. 2010..For substitution of Bis-GMA, the only significant differences are reduced W(sp) and increased YM. An ideal formulation of resin cement would make use of the three monomers...
- Surface conditioning influences zirconia ceramic bondingM Kern
Department of Prosthodontics, Propaedeutics and Dental Materials, School of Dentistry, Christian Albrechts University at Kiel, Arnold Heller Str 16, 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Dent Res 88:817-22. 2009..With low-pressure air-abrasion, surface roughness was reduced without affecting long-term bond strength, provided that adequate adhesive primers were applied...
- Immediate repair bond strengths of microhybrid, nanohybrid and nanofilled composites after different surface treatmentsMargareta Rinastiti
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
J Dent 38:29-38. 2010..To evaluate immediate repair bond strengths and failure types of resin composites with and without surface conditioning and characterize the interacting composite surfaces by their surface composition and roughness...
- Effect of zirconium-oxide ceramic surface treatments on the bond strength to adhesive resinSaadet Saglam Atsu
Department of Prosthodontics, Kirikkale University, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Turkey
J Prosthet Dent 95:430-6. 2006..Surface treatment methods used for resin bonding to conventional silica-based dental ceramics are not reliable for zirconium-oxide ceramics...
- The adhesion between fiber posts and root canal walls: comparison between microtensile and push-out bond strength measurementsCecilia Goracci
Department of Dental Materials, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Eur J Oral Sci 112:353-61. 2004..In conclusion, when measuring the bond strength of luted fiber posts, the push-out test appears to be more dependable than the microtensile technique...
- In-depth polymerization of dual-cured resin cement assessed by hardnessRogério V Reges
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Dental Materials Division Piracicaba Dental School, State University of Campinas Av Limeira, 901 13414 903 Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
J Biomater Appl 23:85-96. 2008..Shades A2 and B1 show higher hardness values than opaque resin. Hardness at 100 microm is higher than at 700 microm. A linear relationship between hardness and depth is observed...
- Microhardness of resin cements in the intraradicular environment: effects of water storage and softening treamentAna Paula R V Pedreira
Department of Prosthodontics, Bauru School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, Bauru, SP, Brazil
Dent Mater 25:868-76. 2009To analyze the microhardness of four dual-cure resin cements used for cementing fiber-reinforced posts under the following conditions: after 7 days of storage in water, after additional 24h of immersion in 75% ethanol, and after 3 months ..
- Effect of self-etching primers on bond strength--are they reliable?Tamer Buyukyilmaz
Department of Orthodontics, Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey
Angle Orthod 73:64-70. 2003..In the TBP group, the failure sites were similar to those of the AE group but different from those of the CSE group...
- Effects of NaOCl on bond strengths of resin cements to root canal dentinHale Ari
Selcuk University Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Endodontics, Konya, Turkey
J Endod 29:248-51. 2003..05). C&B Metabond also had significantly higher bond strength compared with Variolink II and Panavia F groups when the canals were irrigated with NaOCl (p < 0.05)...
- Mechanical properties and bond strength of dual-cure resin composites to root canal dentinJuthatip Aksornmuang
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Songkhla 90112, Thailand
Dent Mater 23:226-34. 2007..To evaluate the regional mechanical properties of dual-cure resin composites and their regional bond strengths to root canal dentin...
- Preventive effect of fluoridated orthodontic resins subjected to high cariogenic challengesPaula Passalini
Department of Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Braz Dent J 21:211-5. 2010..Transbond Plus Color Change resin presented higher caries preventive effect than Orthodontic Fill Magic...
- In-vitro fluoride release rates from 9 orthodontic bonding adhesivesVittorio Cacciafesta
Department of Orthodontics, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 132:656-62. 2007..The purpose of this study was to compare the in-vitro fluoride release rates from 9 orthodontic adhesives in distilled water...
- Effect of saliva contamination on bond strength of resin luting cements to dentinC W M Chung
Paediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, Prince Philip Dental Hospital, 34 Hospital Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Dent 37:923-31. 2009..This study examined the effect of saliva contamination on the microtensile bond strength (microTBS) of resin luting cements to dentin...
- Influence of silane heat treatment on bond strength of resin cement to a feldspathic ceramicRodrigo Furtado de Carvalho
Federal University of Juiz de Fora, Rua Jose Lourenco Kelme, Campus University, Juiz de Fora, Brazil
Dent Mater J 30:392-7. 2011..G1 (17.6±2.3 MPa) and G2 (19±3.2 MPa) showed significantly higher mean bond strength than those of G3 (9.1±2.8 MPa) and G4 (10.9±1.8 MPa). SEM analysis showed exclusively mixed failures. Silane HT did not increase the bond strength...
- Influence of ceramic thickness and curing mode on the polymerization shrinkage kinetics of dual-cured resin cementsIn Bog Lee
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Dental Research Institute, School of Dentistry, Seoul National University, 28 2 Yeongeon Dong, Jongro Ku, Seoul 110 749, South Korea
Dent Mater 24:1141-7. 2008..how ceramic disc thickness and curing mode (light or chemical) affects the polymerization shrinkage of dual-cured resin cements and to evaluate the effect of the ceramic discs on the curing speed of the cements during light exposure.
- Effects of curing protocol and storage time on the micro-hardness of resin cements used to lute fiber-reinforced resin postsMarcelo Barbosa Ramos
Bauru School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, Bauru, SP, Brazil
J Appl Oral Sci 20:556-62. 2012To determine the micro-hardness profile of two dual cure resin cements (RelyX-U100, 3M-eSPe and Panavia F 2...
- The success rates of a glass ionomer cement and a resin-based fissure sealant placed by fifth-year undergraduate dental studentsT Ulusu
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, University of Gazi, Faculty of Dentistry, 8 Cadde 82 Sokak 06510 Emek Ankara, Turkey
Eur Arch Paediatr Dent 13:94-7. 2012..To evaluate retention and caries prevention of a glass-ionomer cement (GIC) and a resin-based fissure sealant placed by fifth-year undergraduate dental students...
- Retention of quartz-fibre endodontic posts with a self-adhesive dual cure resin cementGeoffrey John Bateman
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Birmingham Dental Hospital and School, UK
Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent 13:33-7. 2005..05), greater dependability was displayed by RelyX Unicem group. Easy application and greater dependability of self-adhesive cement may improve bonding of fibre-based posts in root canals...
- Curing depth of a resin-modified glass ionomer and two resin-based luting agentsRicardo Massao Sigemori
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Piracicaba Dental School, University of Campinas, Piracicaba, Brazil
Oper Dent 30:185-9. 2005..Within the medium third, there were no significant differences among luting materials. However, within the deep third, Rely X presented the highest values. KHN values of resin-based luting agents decreased remarkably as depth increased...
- Surface treatments on quartz fiber post: influence on adhesion and flexural propertiesNicolas Cheleux
Faculty of Odontology, Paul Sabatier University, 3 chemin des Maraichers, 31062 Toulouse, France
Am J Dent 20:375-9. 2007..To evaluate (1) the effect of various surface treatments to optimize post adhesion, and (2) if these surface treatments had any adverse effect on the overall mechanical and chemical properties of the posts...
- Effect of an internal coating technique on tensile bond strengths of resin cements to zirconia ceramicsShuzo Kitayama
Cariology and Operative Dentistry, Department of Restorative Science, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Dent Mater J 28:446-53. 2009This study was conducted to enhance the tensile bond strengths of resin cements to zirconia ceramics...
- Comparative SEM evaluation of penetration of adhesive systems in human dentin with a non-rinse conditioner and a self-etching primerJulio Orrico Cal-Neto
Department of Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Rio de Janeiro State University, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Braz Dent J 15:19-25. 2004..The authors concluded that the self-etching primer and the non-rinse conditioner provide a lower penetration depth in human tooth dentin than the conventional adhesive system...
- The influence of sodium hypochlorite and root canal sealers on post retention in different dentin regionsLeonardo Muniz
Leonardo Muniz, DDS, MS, Dentistry at FOUFBA, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Oper Dent 30:533-9. 2005..The apical region showed the greatest retention. The lowest resistance to dislodgment was found in the cervical region, mainly in the groups that used distilled water for irrigating the root canal...
- Bonding of dual-cured resin cement to zirconia ceramic using phosphate acid ester monomer and zirconate couplerKeiichi Yoshida
Division of Fixed Prosthodontics and Oral Rehabilitation, Nagasaki University, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, 1 7 1, Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8588, Japan
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 77:28-33. 2006..The application of the mixture of MP and ZC (MP2.0+ZC1.0) was effective for bonding between zirconia ceramic and dual-cured resin luting cement. This primer may be clinically useful as an adhesive primer for zirconia ceramic restoration...
- Influence of aluminum oxide sandblasting associated with Nd:YAG or Er:YAG lasers on shear bond strength of a feldspathic ceramic to resin cementsStella da Silva Ferreira
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Photomed Laser Surg 28:471-5. 2010This in vitro study evaluated the influence of the surface pretreatment of a feldspathic ceramic on the shear bond strength of two different resin cements.
- Bond strength of resin cements to a zirconia ceramic with different surface treatmentsAndrea Nobrega Cavalcanti
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Piracicaba Dental School, UNICAMP, Piracicaba, Brazil
Oper Dent 34:280-7. 2009This study evaluated the influence of surface treatments and metal primers on the bond strength of resin cements to a yttrium-stabilized tetragonal zirconia (Y-TZP) ceramic...
- RESIN-BASED REMINERALIZING CEMENTS AND COMPOSITESSABINE DICKENS; Fiscal Year: 2009..Completion of this research will lead to Ca- PO4 cements and composites with improved adhesion to dentin and improved strength for ART and the treatment of root caries. ..
- Understanding interface initiated fractures in glass-ceramic restorationsROBERT R contact SEGHI; Fiscal Year: 2011..To test our hypothesis we determine the accuracy and precision of the experimental ABUS device on [unreadable]calibrated[unreadable] restorations with varying cement moduli of [unreadable]known[unreadable] values. ..
- RADIOPAQUE ADHESIVES AND DENTAL RESTORATIVE RESINSISRAEL CABASSO; Fiscal Year: 2000..2. Expand the scope to include radiopaque root canal sealants, dentin adhesives and resin cements that are adherent to dentin. 3. Synthesize organometallic monomers and resins in support of 1 and 2. 4...
- Biodurability of Dentin-Adhesive Resin Bond JointSteven Armstrong; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular/Mechanical Imaging of Dentin Bonding SubstrateYong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Results from this work will provide critical, new insight into failure mechanisms at the dentin/adhesive interface; failure that can ultimately lead to premature breakdown of the composite restoration. ..
- Dentin/Adhesive Interface Structure/Property ImagingYong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IMPROVED PREVENTIVE/RESTORATIVE RESINS AND COMPOSITESSABINE DICKENS; Fiscal Year: 2006..The data gathered in these experiments will serve to support a larger R01 grant application with the long-term objectives of developing improved durable materials for adhesives and adhesive composites. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CERAMIC WHISKER REINFORCEMENT OF DENTAL COMPOSITE RESINSHUAKUN XU; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Methyl Mercury Evaluation in Dental Waste WaterJames Drummond; Fiscal Year: 2003..Hypothesis: Element mercury released in DWW is converted to Hg(lI) and then in more limited amounts to methyl-mercury by specific biofilm bacterial species in the Dental sewage pipes. ..
- REDUCTION OF COMPOSITE POLYMERIZATION CONTRACTION STRESSRONALD SAKAGUCHI; Fiscal Year: 2002..Clinically significant reductions in contraction strain and stress will be produced which will improve the function and longevity of resin composite restorations. ..
- CASA PIA STUDY OF DENTAL AMALGAMS IN CHILDRENTimothy Derouen; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- FLUORIDE REQUIREMENTS FOR THERAPEUTIC EFFICACYCLIFTON CAREY; Fiscal Year: 2009..This is particularly important in the treatment of populations that are at higher risk. ..
- Determinants of the Durability of Resin-Dentin BondsDavid Pashley; Fiscal Year: 2006..This should provide important new insight into designing more durable resin-dentin bonds that can justify the placement of resin-based posterior composites. ..
- Root deformation and root resorptionThomas Katona; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Microbial Outcomes of Minimal Intervention TreatmentMathilde Peters; Fiscal Year: 2005..This investigation is a clinical and molecular re-entry study of sealing of caries, in support of a future full-scale clinical trial of incomplete caries removal. ..