Genomes and Genes
Summary: Artificial, single or multilaminar vesicles (made from lecithins or other lipids) that are used for the delivery of a variety of biological molecules or molecular complexes to cells, for example, drug delivery and gene transfer. They are also used to study membranes and membrane proteins.
Publications420 found, 100 shown here
- Curvature of clathrin-coated pits driven by epsinMarijn G J Ford
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
Nature 419:361-6. 2002..We propose that this helix is inserted into one leaflet of the lipid bilayer, inducing curvature. On lipid monolayers epsin alone is sufficient to facilitate the formation of clathrin-coated invaginations...
- Drug delivery systems: entering the mainstreamTheresa M Allen
Department of Pharmacology, University of Alberta, Edmonton T6G 2H7, Canada
Science 303:1818-22. 2004..Furthermore, there is considerable interest in exploiting the advantages of DDS for in vivo delivery of new drugs derived from proteomics or genomics research and for their use in ligand-targeted therapeutics...
- Liposome formulation of poorly water soluble drugs: optimisation of drug loading and ESEM analysis of stabilityA R Mohammed
Medicines Research Institute, Aston Pharmacy School, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
Int J Pharm 285:23-34. 2004b>Liposomes due to their biphasic characteristic and diversity in design, composition and construction, offer a dynamic and adaptable technology for enhancing drug solubility...
- An overview of liposome lyophilization and its future potentialChengjun Chen
College of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Wenhua Road, No 103, Shenyang, 110016, PR China
J Control Release 142:299-311. 2010Lyophilization is a promising approach to ensure the long-term stability of liposomes. After decades of studies in this field, different lyoprotective mechanisms, such as water replacement and vitrification models, have been proposed...
- Recent advances with liposomes as pharmaceutical carriersVladimir P Torchilin
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Northeastern University, 360 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Rev Drug Discov 4:145-60. 2005b>Liposomes - microscopic phospholipid bubbles with a bilayered membrane structure - have received a lot of attention during the past 30 years as pharmaceutical carriers of great potential...
- BAR domains as sensors of membrane curvature: the amphiphysin BAR structureBrian J Peter
Medical Research Council MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QH, UK
Science 303:495-9. 2004..From this, we predict that BAR domains are in many protein families, including sorting nexins, centaurins, and oligophrenins. The universal and minimal BAR domain is a dimerization, membrane-binding, and curvature-sensing module...
- Stealth liposomes: review of the basic science, rationale, and clinical applications, existing and potentialMaria Laura Immordino
Dipartimento di Scienza eTecnologia del Farmaco, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Int J Nanomedicine 1:297-315. 2006Among several promising new drug-delivery systems, liposomes represent an advanced technology to deliver active molecules to the site of action, and at present several formulations are in clinical use...
- Impact of nanotechnology on drug deliveryOmid C Farokhzad
Laboratory of Nanomedicine and Biomaterials and Department of Anesthesiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
ACS Nano 3:16-20. 2009..Herein, we focus on the application of nanotechnology to drug delivery and highlight several areas of opportunity where current and emerging nanotechnologies could enable entirely novel classes of therapeutics...
- Clinical development of liposome-based drugs: formulation, characterization, and therapeutic efficacyHsin I Chang
Department of Biochemical Science and Technology, National Chia Yi University, Chiayi City, Taiwan
Int J Nanomedicine 7:49-60. 2012Research on liposome formulations has progressed from that on conventional vesicles to new generation liposomes, such as cationic liposomes, temperature sensitive liposomes, and virosomes, by modulating the formulation techniques and ..
- Antibody derivatization and conjugation strategies: application in preparation of stealth immunoliposome to target chemotherapeutics to tumorArehalli S Manjappa
TIFAC CORE IN NDDS, Pharmacy Department, M S University of Baroda, Fatehgunj, Vadodara 390 002, Gujarat, India
J Control Release 150:2-22. 2011A great deal of effort has been made over the years to develop liposomes that have targeting vectors (oligosaccharides, peptides, proteins and vitamins) attached to the bilayer surface...
- Interfering with disease: a progress report on siRNA-based therapeuticsAntonin de Fougerolles
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals Inc, 300 Third Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Nat Rev Drug Discov 6:443-53. 2007..We conclude by reviewing the latest clinical experience with RNAi therapeutics...
- Reduced cardiotoxicity and comparable efficacy in a phase III trial of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin HCl (CAELYX/Doxil) versus conventional doxorubicin for first-line treatment of metastatic breast cancerM E R O'Brien
Kent Cancer Center, Maidstone, UK
Ann Oncol 15:440-9. 2004....
- Development of glycyrrhetinic acid-modified stealth cationic liposomes for gene deliveryZhi Yao He
West China School of Pharmacy, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan 610041, PR China
Int J Pharm 397:147-54. 2010The glycyrrhetinic acid-modified stealth cationic liposomes (GA-PEG-CLs) loaded with pDNA (GA-PEG-CLPs) were developed and found to transfect human hepatocellular carcinoma cell line HepG2 with high efficiency...
- Image-guided drug delivery with magnetic resonance guided high intensity focused ultrasound and temperature sensitive liposomes in a rabbit Vx2 tumor modelAshish Ranjan
Center for Interventional Oncology, Clinical Center and National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Control Release 158:487-94. 2012Clinical-grade doxorubicin encapsulated low temperature sensitive liposomes (LTSLs) were combined with a clinical magnetic resonance-guided high intensity focused ultrasound (MR-HIFU) platform to investigate in vivo image-guided drug ..
- Paramagnetic and fluorescent liposomes for target-specific imaging and therapy of tumor angiogenesisGustav J Strijkers
Biomedical NMR, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology, PO Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Angiogenesis 13:161-73. 2010..In this paper, we review recent advances in the preclinical application of paramagnetic and fluorescent liposomes for noninvasive visualization of the molecular processes involved in tumor angiogenesis...
- Anti-PEG IgM elicited by injection of liposomes is involved in the enhanced blood clearance of a subsequent dose of PEGylated liposomesXinyu Wang
Department of Pharmacokinetics and Biopharmaceutics, Subdivision of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima, 1 78 1, Sho machi, Tokushima 770 8505, Japan
J Control Release 119:236-44. 2007Earlier we reported that PEGylated liposomes lose their long-circulating characteristic when they are administrated twice in the same animal with certain intervals (referred to as the accelerated blood clearance (ABC) phenomenon)...
- Biofilm penetration, triggered release and in vivo activity of inhaled liposomal amikacin in chronic Pseudomonas aeruginosa lung infectionsP Meers
Transave, Inc, 11 Deer Park Dr, Suite 117, Monmouth Junction, NJ 08852, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 61:859-68. 2008..We have investigated the biofilm penetration, mechanism of drug release and in vivo antimicrobial activity of a unique nanoscale liposomal formulation of amikacin designed specifically for nebulization and inhaled delivery...
- Long-circulating and target-specific nanoparticles: theory to practiceS M Moghimi
Molecular Targeting and Polymer Toxicology Group, School of Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences, University of Brighton, Brighton, United Kingdom
Pharmacol Rev 53:283-318. 2001The rapid recognition of intravenously injected colloidal carriers, such as liposomes and polymeric nanospheres from the blood by Kupffer cells, has initiated a surge of development for "Kupffer cell-evading" or long-circulating ..
- Bax and adenine nucleotide translocator cooperate in the mitochondrial control of apoptosisI Marzo
CNRS, UPR 420, 19 rue Guy Moquet, F 94801 Villejuif, France
Science 281:2027-31. 1998..Hence, the proapoptotic molecule Bax and the constitutive mitochondrial protein ANT cooperate within the PTPC to increase mitochondrial membrane permeability and to trigger cell death...
- Structure of the dengue virus envelope protein after membrane fusionYorgo Modis
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 320 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 427:313-9. 2004..Specific features of the folded-back structure suggest strategies for inhibiting flavivirus entry...
- Clodronate liposomes improve metabolic profile and reduce visceral adipose macrophage content in diet-induced obese miceBin Feng
Key Laboratory of Agricultural Animal Genetics, Breeding and Reproduction of Ministry of Education, College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, China
PLoS ONE 6:e24358. 2011..Clodronate liposomes can ablate macrophages by inducing apoptosis...
- Targeted drug delivery by high intensity focused ultrasound mediated hyperthermia combined with temperature-sensitive liposomes: computational modelling and preliminary in vivovalidationAstrid Gasselhuber
Department of Pediatrics, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Int J Hyperthermia 28:337-48. 2012To develop and validate a computational model that simulates (1) tissue heating with high intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU), and (2) resulting hyperthermia-mediated drug delivery from temperature-sensitive liposomes (TSL).
- Doxil®--the first FDA-approved nano-drug: lessons learnedYechezkel Barenholz
Laboratory of Membrane and Liposome Research, Institute of Medical Research Israel Canada, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
J Control Release 160:117-34. 2012..principles: (i) prolonged drug circulation time and avoidance of the RES due to the use of PEGylated nano-liposomes; (ii) high and stable remote loading of doxorubicin driven by a transmembrane ammonium sulfate gradient, which ..
- Optimization and characterization of anionic lipoplexes for gene deliveryCharudharshini Srinivasan
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Connecticut, 69 North Eagleville Road, Unit 3092, Storrs, CT 06269, USA
J Control Release 136:62-70. 2009Anionic lipoplexes, comprising divalent cations, DNA and anionic liposomes, were optimized for high transfection efficiency and low cytotoxicity...
- Lipid-based nanoparticles for contrast-enhanced MRI and molecular imagingWillem J M Mulder
Biomedical NMR, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology, P O Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands
NMR Biomed 19:142-64. 2006..Lipid-based nanoparticles, such as liposomes or micelles, have been used extensively in recent decades as drug carrier vehicles...
- Pegylated liposomal doxorubicin: metamorphosis of an old drug into a new form of chemotherapyA A Gabizon
Sharet Institute of Oncology, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Cancer Invest 19:424-36. 2001..liposomal doxorubicin (Doxil, Caelyx) is a formulation of doxorubicin in poly(ethylene glycol)-coated (stealth) liposomes with a prolonged circulation time and unique toxicity profile...
- Antibody targeting of long-circulating lipidic nanoparticles does not increase tumor localization but does increase internalization in animal modelsDmitri B Kirpotin
Hermes Biosciences Inc, South San Francisco, CA, USA
Cancer Res 66:6732-40. 2006..MAb fragment conjugation did not affect the biodistribution or long-circulating properties of i.v.-administered liposomes. However, antibody-directed targeting also did not increase the tumor localization of immunoliposomes, as both ..
- Clodronate-liposome-mediated depletion of tumour-associated macrophages: a new and highly effective antiangiogenic therapy approachS M Zeisberger
Molecular Cell Biology, Laboratory of Biomolecular Research, Paul Scherrer Institute, CH 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland
Br J Cancer 95:272-81. 2006..Treatment with clodronate encapsulated in liposomes (clodrolip) efficiently depleted these phagocytic cells in the murine F9 teratocarcinoma and human A673 ..
- Mechanism of endophilin N-BAR domain-mediated membrane curvatureJennifer L Gallop
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
EMBO J 25:2898-910. 2006..Its presence defines an endophilin/nadrin subclass of BAR domains. We propose that N-BAR domains function as low-affinity dimers regulating binding partner recruitment to areas of high membrane curvature...
- Intracellular targeting delivery of liposomal drugs to solid tumors based on EPR effectsKazuo Maruyama
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Teikyo University, Suarashi, Midori ku, Sagamihara, Japan
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 63:161-9. 2011The success of an effective drug delivery system using liposomes for solid tumor targeting based on EPR effects is highly dependent on both size ranging from 100-200 nm in diameter and prolonged circulation half-life in the blood...
- Membrane remodeling induced by the dynamin-related protein Drp1 stimulates Bax oligomerizationSylvie Montessuit
Department of Cell Biology, University of Geneva, Sciences III, 30 Quai Ernest Ansermet, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Cell 142:889-901. 2010..In cells, overexpression of Drp1 R247A/E delays Bax oligomerization and cell death. Our findings uncover a function of Drp1 and provide insight into the mechanism of Bax oligomerization...
- Stealth liposomes and long circulating nanoparticles: critical issues in pharmacokinetics, opsonization and protein-binding propertiesS M Moghimi
Molecular Targeting and Polymer Toxicology Group, School of Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences, University of Brighton, BN2 4GJ, Brighton, UK
Prog Lipid Res 42:463-78. 2003..the likely mechanisms that contribute to prolonged circulation times of sterically protected nanoparticles and liposomes. It is generally assumed that the macrophage-resistant property of sterically protected particles is due to ..
- Thioaptamer conjugated liposomes for tumor vasculature targetingAman P Mann
Department of Nanomedicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, 1825 Hermann Pressler, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Oncotarget 2:298-304. 2011..In this study, we have developed long circulating liposomes with the outer surface decorated with thioated oligonucleotide aptamer (thioaptamer) against E-selectin (ESTA) ..
- Liposomal paclitaxel formulationsStěpán Koudelka
Department of Toxicology, Pharmacology and Immunotherapy, Veterinary Research Institute, Brno, Czech Republic
J Control Release 163:322-34. 2012..b>Liposomes represent advanced and versatile delivery systems for drugs...
- A review of stimuli-responsive nanocarriers for drug and gene deliverySrinivas Ganta
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, Northeastern University, 110 Mugar Life Sciences Building, Boston, MA 02115, United States
J Control Release 126:187-204. 2008....
- Hyperthermia-triggered drug delivery from temperature-sensitive liposomes using MRI-guided high intensity focused ultrasoundHolger Grüll
Eindhoven University of Technology, Department of Biomedical NMR, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
J Control Release 161:317-27. 2012..This review will give an overview of recent developments in temperature-induced drug delivery using HIFU under MRI guidance...
- Hypoglycemic activity and oral bioavailability of insulin-loaded liposomes containing bile salts in rats: the effect of cholate type, particle size and administered doseMengmeng Niu
Key Laboratory of Smart Drug Delivery, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Shanghai, PR China
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 81:265-72. 2012..In this study, liposomes containing bile salts were developed as a new oral insulin delivery system...
- Encapsulation of an antivasospastic drug, fasudil, into liposomes, and in vitro stability of the fasudil-loaded liposomesTatsuhiro Ishida
Department of Pharmacokinetics and Biopharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokushima, 1 78 1 Sho machi, 770 8505, Tokushima, Japan
Int J Pharm 232:59-67. 2002..effect on the uptake of fasudil into preformed hydrogenated soy phosphatidylcholine/cholesterol (HSPC/CHOL) liposomes were examined...
- Lipid-based nanoparticles as pharmaceutical drug carriers: from concepts to clinicAnu Puri
Center for Cancer Research Nanobiology Program, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Crit Rev Ther Drug Carrier Syst 26:523-80. 2009..Design principles of these nanoparticles, including nanoemulsions, dendrimers, nano-gold, liposomes, drug-carrier conjugates, antibody-drug complexes, and magnetic nanoparticles, are primarily based on unique ..
- Liposomal encapsulated anti-cancer drugsRalf Dieter Hofheinz
Onkologisches Zentrum, III Medizinische Klinik, Fakultät für Klinische Medizin Mannheim, Universitat Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Anticancer Drugs 16:691-707. 2005..Meanwhile, virtually all anti-cancer drugs have been encapsulated in liposomes using different technologies...
- ArfGAP1 responds to membrane curvature through the folding of a lipid packing sensor motifJoëlle Bigay
CNRS, Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Sophia Antipolis, France
EMBO J 24:2244-53. 2005..The ALPS motif binds avidly to small liposomes and shows the same hypersensitivity on liposome radius as full-length ArfGAP1...
- Liposomal systems as drug delivery vehicles for dermal and transdermal applicationsMaria Bernadete Riemma Pierre
Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Laboratório de Pesquisa e Desenvolvimento Farmacotécnico, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
Arch Dermatol Res 303:607-21. 2011..Particularly, in recent years liposomes have been shown to be a promising drug-delivery system to the skin...
- Antitumor activity of EGFR targeted pH-sensitive immunoliposomes encapsulating gemcitabine in A549 xenograft nude miceIn Young Kim
College of Pharmacy, Sookmyung Women s University Chungpa Dong 2 Ga, Yongsan gu, Seoul, 140 742, Republic of Korea
J Control Release 140:55-60. 2009..Development of a long-circulating formulation of pH-sensitive liposomes (PSLs) with epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) antibody attached was designed and tested using A549 cells ..
- Cationic liposomes as vaccine adjuvantsDennis Christensen
Statens Serum Institut, Department of Infectious Disease Immunology, Copenhagen, Denmark
Expert Rev Vaccines 10:513-21. 2011The application of cationic liposomes as vaccine delivery systems and adjuvants has been investigated extensively over the last few decades...
- Multifunctional nanocarriersVladimir P Torchilin
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Northeastern University, Mugar Building, Room 312, 360 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 58:1532-55. 2006Currently used pharmaceutical nanocarriers, such as liposomes, micelles, nanoemulsions, polymeric nanoparticles and many others demonstrate a broad variety of useful properties, such as longevity in the blood allowing for their ..
- A novel class of photo-triggerable liposomes containing DPPC:DC(8,9)PC as vehicles for delivery of doxorubcin to cellsAmichai Yavlovich
Membrane Structure and Function Section, Nanobiology Program, NCI Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1808:117-26. 2011..Recently, we reported a novel class of photo-triggerable liposomes prepared from dipalmitoyl phosphatidylcholine (DPPC) and photopolymerizable diacetylene phospholipid (DC(8),(9)..
- A general amphipathic alpha-helical motif for sensing membrane curvatureGuillaume Drin
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS, Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, 06560 Valbonne, France
Nat Struct Mol Biol 14:138-46. 2007..In the nucleoporin Nup133, the sensor corresponds to an exposed loop of a beta-propeller structure. Ser/Thr-rich amphipathic helices thus define a general motif used by proteins of various functions for sensing membrane curvature...
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC): a tool to study the thermal behavior of lipid bilayers and liposomal stabilityCostas Demetzos
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, School of Pharmacy, University of Athens, Greece
J Liposome Res 18:159-73. 2008..considered as a tool to study the thermal behavior of lipid bilayers and of lipidic drug delivery systems, like liposomes by measuring thermodynamic parameters (i.e...
- Enhanced activity of liposomal polymyxin B against Pseudomonas aeruginosa in a rat model of lung infectionAbdelwahab Omri
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Laurentian University, Ont, P3E 2C6, Sudbury, Canada
Biochem Pharmacol 64:1407-13. 2002..Polymyxin B was incorporated into liposomes composed of 1,2-dipalmitoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine (DPPC) and cholesterol (Chol) (2:1)...
- Compartmental specificity of cellular membrane fusion encoded in SNARE proteinsJ A McNew
Cellular Biochemistry and Biophysics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nature 407:153-9. 2000..Here we find that, to a marked degree, the pattern of membrane flow in the cell is encoded and recapitulated by its isolated SNARE proteins, as predicted by the SNARE hypothesis...
- Modulation of cardiac macrophages by phosphatidylserine-presenting liposomes improves infarct repairTamar Harel-Adar
Avram and Stella Goldstein Goren Department of Biotechnology Engineering, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:1827-32. 2011..The strategy employed intravenous injections of phosphatidylserine (PS)-presenting liposomes, mimicking the anti-inflammatory effects of apoptotic cells...
- Diagnostic and therapeutic evaluation of 111In-vinorelbine-liposomes in a human colorectal carcinoma HT-29/luc-bearing animal modelTong Hsien Chow
Department of Biomedical Imaging and Radiological Sciences, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Nucl Med Biol 35:623-34. 2008..applied on xenografted SCID mice to study the treatments with 6% polyethylene glycol (PEG) of (111)In-NanoX/VNB-liposomes. In vivo tumor growth tracing and BLI showed that tumor volume could be completely inhibited by the combination ..
- Neovascular targeting therapy: paclitaxel encapsulated in cationic liposomes improves antitumoral efficacyMarcus Schmitt-Sody
Institute for Surgical Research, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Klinikum Grosshadern, University of Munich, 81377 Munich, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 9:2335-41. 2003Cationic liposomes have been shown to selectively target tumor endothelial cells...
- Sterically stabilized liposomes labeled with indium-111 to image focal infectionO C Boerman
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 36:1639-44. 1995To determine the potential of sterically stabilized liposomes to image infectious and inflammatory foci, the in vivo behavior of 111In-labeled PEGylated (coated with polyethylene glycol) liposomes was studied in a rat model.
- Liposomes and nanoparticles: nanosized vehicles for drug delivery in cancerYogeshkumar Malam
Centre for Nanotechnology, Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering, University College London, London, UK
Trends Pharmacol Sci 30:592-9. 2009Nanoscale drug delivery systems using liposomes and nanoparticles are emerging technologies for the rational delivery of chemotherapeutic drugs in the treatment of cancer...
- Preparation, characterization, cytotoxicity and pharmacokinetics of liposomes containing docetaxelMaria Laura Immordino
Dipartimento di Scienza e Tecnologia del Farmaco, Universita di Torino, Via Pietro Giuria 9, 10125, Torino, Italy
J Control Release 91:417-29. 2003..To eliminate these vehicles and improve the drug's antitumor efficacy, taxanes have been incorporated in liposomes. We compared formulation, stability, biodistribution and pharmacokinetics of docetaxel in conventional and ..
- Cholesterol modulates glycolipid conformation and receptor activityDaniel Lingwood
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Dresden, Germany
Nat Chem Biol 7:260-2. 2011..This property appears to organize erythrocyte blood group presentation and glycolipid receptor function during the activation of sperm fertility, suggesting that lipid 'allostery' is a means to regulate membrane recognition processes...
- The targeted delivery of multicomponent cargos to cancer cells by nanoporous particle-supported lipid bilayersCarlee E Ashley
Center for Micro Engineered Materials, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Nat Mater 10:389-97. 2011..we report porous nanoparticle-supported lipid bilayers (protocells) that synergistically combine properties of liposomes and nanoporous particles...
- Accelerated blood clearance (ABC) phenomenon upon repeated injection of PEGylated liposomesTatsuhiro Ishida
Department of Pharmacokinetics and Biopharmaceutics, Subdivision of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima, 1 78 1, Sho machi, Tokushima 770 8505, Japan
Int J Pharm 354:56-62. 2008We and a Dutch group reported that "empty" PEGylated liposomes (approximately 100 nm) lose their long-circulating characteristic when they are administrated twice in the same animal with certain intervals (referred to as the accelerated ..
- Simultaneous binding of PtdIns(4,5)P2 and clathrin by AP180 in the nucleation of clathrin lattices on membranesM G Ford
Medical Research Council MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QH, UK
Science 291:1051-5. 2001..This was shown by using purified components and a budding assay on preformed lipid monolayers. In the presence of AP180, clathrin lattices formed on the monolayer. When AP2 was also present, coated pits were formed...
- Tumor-targeted liposomes: doxorubicin-loaded long-circulating liposomes modified with anti-cancer antibodyAnatoly N Lukyanov
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bouve College of Health Sciences, Northeastern University, Mugar Bldg 312, 360 Huntington Aveneu, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Control Release 100:135-44. 2004Commercially available doxorubicin-loaded long-circulating liposomes (Doxil, Alza Pharmaceuticals) were modified with the monoclonal nucleosome (NS)-specific 2C5 antibody (mAb 2C5) that recognizes a broad variety of tumors via the tumor ..
- Factors affecting the accelerated blood clearance of polyethylene glycol-liposomes upon repeated injectionP Laverman
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Medical Center Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 298:607-12. 2001Previously, we showed that long-circulating polyethylene glycol (PEG)-liposomes are cleared rapidly from the circulation when injected repeatedly in the same animal...
- Treatment of experimental murine colitis with CD40 antisense oligonucleotides delivered in amphoteric liposomesA Arranz
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University of Crete Medical School, Crete, Greece
J Control Release 165:163-72. 2013..of action of systemically administered antisense oligonucleotide (ASO) targeting CD40 formulated in amphoteric liposomes (nov038/CD40)...
- Ultra magnetic liposomes for MR imaging, targeting, and hyperthermiaGaëlle Béalle
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, UPMC Univ Paris 06, Laboratoire PECSA UMR 7195 CNRS ESPCI, 4 place Jussieu, 75252 Paris Cedex 05, France
Langmuir 28:11834-42. 2012Magnetic liposomes offer opportunities as theranostic systems. The prerequisite for efficient imaging, tissue targeting or hyperthermia is high magnetic load of these vesicles...
- Formulation of liposomes gels of paeonol for transdermal drug delivery by Box-Behnken statistical designJun Shi
Department of Traditional Chinese Materia Medicine, Guangzhou Higher Education Mega Center, Guangdong Pharmaceutical University, Guangzhou, China
J Liposome Res 22:270-8. 2012The aim of this study was to design and optimize a transdermal liposomes gel formulation for paeonol (PAE)...
- Ultrasmall superparamagnetic iron oxide (USPIO)-based liposomes as magnetic resonance imaging probesDaniela Frascione
Institute of Biophysics and Nanosystems Research, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Graz, Austria
Int J Nanomedicine 7:2349-59. 2012Magnetic liposomes (MLs) are phospholipid vesicles that encapsulate magnetic and/or paramagnetic nanoparticles. They are applied as contrast agents for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Preparation of curcumin-loaded liposomes and evaluation of their skin permeation and pharmacodynamicsYan Chen
Key Laboratory of New Drug Delivery Systems of Chinese Meteria Medical, Jiangsu Provincial Academy of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing 210028, China
Molecules 17:5972-87. 2012..study aimed to investigate the in vitro skin permeation and in vivo antineoplastic effect of curcumin by using liposomes as the transdermal drug-delivery system...
- Ferri-liposomes as an MRI-visible drug-delivery system for targeting tumours and their microenvironmentGeorgy Mikhaylov
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular and Structural Biology, Jozef Stefan Institute, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Nat Nanotechnol 6:594-602. 2011..We use the outstanding T2 contrast properties (r2=573-1,286 s(-1) mM(-1)) of these ferri-liposomes, which are ∼95 nm in diameter, to non-invasively monitor drug delivery in vivo...
- Liposomal drug delivery systems: an update reviewAbdus Samad
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi 110062, India
Curr Drug Deliv 4:297-305. 2007..The liposomes are characterized with respect to physical, chemical and biological parameters...
- Dissociation of Rac1(GDP).RhoGDI complexes by the cooperative action of anionic liposomes containing phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate, Rac guanine nucleotide exchange factor, and GTPYelena Ugolev
Julius Friedrich Cohnheim Minerva Center for Phagocyte Research and the Ela Kodesz Institute of Host Defense against Infectious Diseases, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
J Biol Chem 283:22257-71. 2008..RhoGDI complex and translocation of Rac to the membrane. We reported that liposomes containing high concentrations of monovalent anionic phospholipids cause Rac...
- Delivery of an angiogenic gene into ischemic muscle by novel bubble liposomes followed by ultrasound exposureYoichi Negishi
Department of Drug and Gene Delivery Systems School of Pharmacy, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Sciences, 1432 1 Horinouchi, Hachioji, Tokyo, 192 0392, Japan
Pharm Res 28:712-9. 2011To develop a safe and efficient gene delivery system into skeletal muscle using the combination of Bubble liposomes (BL) and ultrasound (US) exposure, and to assess the feasibility and the effectiveness of BL for angiogenic gene delivery ..
- Targeted thermosensitive liposomes: an attractive novel approach for increased drug delivery to solid tumorsBilyana M Dicheva
Innovative Targeting Group, Laboratory Experimental Surgical Oncology, Section Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, Erasmus Medical Center, Room Ee151b, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands 31 10 7043963
Expert Opin Drug Deliv 11:83-100. 2014..Small and long-circulating liposomes can preferentially deliver chemotherapeutic drugs to tumors upon extravasation from tumor vasculature...
- Folate receptor-mediated drug targeting: from therapeutics to diagnosticsAndrew R Hilgenbrink
Department of Chemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
J Pharm Sci 94:2135-46. 2005..delivered to FR expressing cells, to date, include protein toxins, immune stimulants, chemotherapeutic agents, liposomes, nanoparticles, and imaging agents...
- The functional roles of poly(ethylene glycol)-lipid and lysolipid in the drug retention and release from lysolipid-containing thermosensitive liposomes in vitro and in vivoBrian Banno
Department of Advanced Therapeutics, BC Cancer Agency, 675 West 10th Ave, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5Z1L3
J Pharm Sci 99:2295-308. 2010..Lysolipid-containing thermosensitive liposomes (LTSLs) are composed of dipalmitoylphosphatidylcholine (DPPC), the lysolipid monostearoylphosphatidylcholine (..
- Theranostic liposomes of TPGS coating for targeted co-delivery of docetaxel and quantum dotsMadaswamy S Muthu
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117576, Singapore
Biomaterials 33:3494-501. 2012..of D-alpha-tocopheryl polyethylene glycol 1000 succinate mono-ester (TPGS) coated multi-functional (theranostic) liposomes, which contain both docetaxel and quantum dots (QDs) for cancer imaging and therapy...
- Thermoreversible Pluronic F127-based hydrogel containing liposomes for the controlled delivery of paclitaxel: in vitro drug release, cell cytotoxicity, and uptake studiesShufang Nie
Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering, Wuhan Bioengineering Institute, Yangluo Economic Development Zone, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Int J Nanomedicine 6:151-66. 2011..To develop an in situ gel system comprising liposome-containing paclitaxel (PTX) dispersed within the thermoreversible gel (Pluronic® F127 gel) for controlled release and improved antitumor drug efficiency...
- Dual-ligand modification of PEGylated liposomes shows better cell selectivity and efficient gene deliveryGolam Kibria
Laboratory of Innovative Nanomedicine, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Kita 12, Nishi 6, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 0812, Japan
J Control Release 153:141-8. 2011..PEGylated liposomes (PEG-LP) were prepared by the lipid film hydration method by adding distearoyl phosphoethanolamine-polyethylene-..
- Liposome based systems for systemic siRNA delivery: stability in blood sets the requirements for optimal carrier designKevin Buyens
Laboratory of General Biochemistry and Physical Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ghent University, Harelbekestraat 72, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
J Control Release 158:362-70. 2012..The encountered hurdles in the blood stream and the solutions proposed in literature are discussed...
- Dual-targeting of αvβ3 and galectin-1 improves the specificity of paramagnetic/fluorescent liposomes to tumor endothelium in vivoEwelina Kluza
Biomedical NMR, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
J Control Release 158:207-14. 2012..We have previously demonstrated that paramagnetic and fluorescent liposomes functionalized with two angiogenesis-specific ligands, the galectin-1-specific anginex (Anx) and the α(v)β(3) ..
- Vascular and pharmacokinetic effects of EndoTAG-1 in patients with advanced cancer and liver metastasisU Fasol
Magnetic Resonance Development and Application Center, Department of Radiology, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Ann Oncol 23:1030-6. 2012EndoTAG-1 (ET), a novel formulation of cationic liposomes carrying embedded paclitaxel (Taxol), shows antitumoral activity, targeting tumor endothelial cells in solid tumors...
- Formulation and characterisation of magnetic resonance imageable thermally sensitive liposomes for use with magnetic resonance-guided high intensity focused ultrasoundAyele H Negussie
Center for Interventional Oncology, Radiology and Imaging Sciences, Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Int J Hyperthermia 27:140-55. 2011....
- Remote triggered release of doxorubicin in tumors by synergistic application of thermosensitive liposomes and gold nanorodsAbhiruchi Agarwal
Neurological Biomaterials and Cancer Therapeutics Laboratory, Wallace H Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia 30332, United States
ACS Nano 5:4919-26. 2011Delivery of chemotherapeutic agents after encapsulation in nanocarriers such as liposomes diminishes side-effects, as PEGylated nanocarrier pharmacokinetics decrease dosing to healthy tissues and accumulate in tumors due to the enhanced ..
- Effect of the surface charge of liposomes on their uptake by angiogenic tumor vesselsSenat Krasnici
Institute for Surgical Research, Klinikum Grosshadern, University of Munich, Germany
Int J Cancer 105:561-7. 2003Recently, cationic liposomes have been shown to preferentially target the angiogenic endothelium of tumors...
- Multibudded tubules formed by COPII on artificial liposomesKirsten Bacia
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3202, USA HALOmem, University of Halle, Kurt Mothes Str 3, 06120 Halle, Germany
Sci Rep 1:17. 2011....
- Lactosylated liposomes for targeted delivery of doxorubicin to hepatocellular carcinomaXiaoju Zhou
State Key Laboratory of Virology, Ministry of Education Key Laboratory of Combinatorial Biosynthesis and Drug Discovery, Wuhan University School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Int J Nanomedicine 7:5465-74. 2012..N-lactosyl-dioleoylphosphatidylethanolamine (Lac-DOPE) was synthesized and evaluated as a liver-specific targeting ligand via asialoglycoprotein receptors for liposomal delivery of doxorubicin...
- Glioma targeting and blood-brain barrier penetration by dual-targeting doxorubincin liposomesJian Qing Gao
Institute of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, 866 Yuhangtang Road, Hangzhou, PR China
Biomaterials 34:5628-39. 2013..Dual-targeting doxorubincin (Dox) liposomes were produced by conjugating liposomes with both folate (F) and transferrin (Tf), which were proven effective in ..
- Multi-functional liposomes having temperature-triggered release and magnetic resonance imaging for tumor-specific chemotherapyKenji Kono
Department of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka Prefecture University, Naka ku, Sakai, Osaka, Japan
Biomaterials 32:1387-95. 2011For development of tumor-specific chemotherapy, we designed liposomes with temperature-triggered drug release and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) functions...
- PEG liposomalization of paclitaxel improved its in vivo disposition and anti-tumor efficacyYuta Yoshizawa
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama University, 1 1 1 Tsushima naka, Kita ku, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
Int J Pharm 412:132-41. 2011..These results suggest that PEG liposome would serve as a potent PTX delivery vehicle for the future cancer chemotherapy...
- The role of vitrification in anhydrobiosisJ H Crowe
Section of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Annu Rev Physiol 60:73-103. 1998..Further, it makes this sugar useful in stabilization of biomolecules of use in human welfare...
- Release of content through mechano-sensitive gates in pressurized liposomesMartti Louhivuori
Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute, Department of Biophysical Chemistry, University of Groningen, Nijenborgh 4, 9747AG Groningen, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:19856-60. 2010..This provides a computational tool that opens the way to contribute to the rational design of functional nano-containers...
- Magnetoliposomes with high USPIO entrapping efficiency, stability and magnetic propertiesAthanasios Skouras
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology, Dept of Pharmacy, School of Health Sciences, University of Patras, Patras, Greece
Nanomedicine 7:572-9. 2011The DRV technique (followed by extrusion) was used for construction of hydrophilic-USPIO encapsulating liposomes. Magnetoliposomes (ML) were characterized for size, surface charge, entrapment, physical stability and magnetic properties (..
- Accelerated blood clearance of PEGylated liposomes following preceding liposome injection: effects of lipid dose and PEG surface-density and chain length of the first-dose liposomesTatsuhiro Ishida
Department of Pharmacokinetics and Biopharmaceutics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokushima, 1 78 1, Sho machi, Tokushima 770 8505, Japan
J Control Release 105:305-17. 2005We recently reported that a second dose of polyethylene glycol (PEG) (M.W. 2000)-modified liposomes (mPEG2000-liposomes) is rapidly cleared from the blood and accumulates in the liver when injected twice in the same rat or mouse at ..
- Gemcitabine-loaded PEGylated unilamellar liposomes vs GEMZAR: biodistribution, pharmacokinetic features and in vivo antitumor activityDonatella Paolino
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, University Magna Graecia of Catanzaro, Campus Universitario S Venuta Building of BioSciences, Viale Europa, I 88100 Germaneto CZ, Italy
J Control Release 144:144-50. 2010..deaminated to the inactive metabolite 2',2'-difluorodeoxyuridine, entrapping it into unilamellar pegylated liposomes made up of 1,2-dipalmitoyl-snglycero-3-phosphocholine monohydrate/cholesterol/N-(carbonyl-methoxypolyethylene ..
- New self-assembly nanoparticles and stealth liposomes for the delivery of zoledronic acid: a comparative studyMonica Marra
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Second University of Naples, Via Costantinopoli, Naples, Italy
Biotechnol Adv 30:302-9. 2012..features of either ZOL-containing self-assembly PEGylated nanoparticles (NPs) or ZOL-encapsulating PEGylated liposomes (LIPO-ZOL)...
- Clickable functionalization of liposomes with the gH625 peptide from Herpes simplex virus type I for intracellular drug deliveryRossella Tarallo
Department of Biological Sciences, CIRPeB and IBB CNR, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Chemistry 17:12659-68. 2011b>Liposomes externally modified with the nineteen residues gH625 peptide, previously identified as a membrane-perturbing domain in the gH glycoprotein of Herpes simplex virus type I, have been prepared in order to improve the ..
- LyP-1-conjugated PEGylated liposomes: a carrier system for targeted therapy of lymphatic metastatic tumorZhiqiang Yan
Key Laboratory of Smart Drug Delivery, Ministry of Education and PLA, Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Shanghai 201203, PR China
J Control Release 157:118-25. 2012The application of liposomes in targeted therapy of lymphatic metastatic tumors has been hampered by the low uptake rate of liposome by metastatic lymph nodes...
- Gene therapy progress and prospects: nonviral vectorsT Niidome
Center for Pharmacogenetics, School of Pharmacy, 633 Salk Hall, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Gene Ther 9:1647-52. 2002..Improvement of delivery methods together with intelligent design of the DNA itself has brought about large degrees of enhancement in the efficiency, specificity and temporal control of nonviral vectors...
- Targeting colon cancer cells using PEGylated liposomes modified with a fibronectin-mimetic peptideAshish Garg
Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Int J Pharm 366:201-10. 2009..b>Liposomes are nano-sized phospholipid bilayer vesicles that have been extensively studied as drug delivery carriers...
- Nanotechnologies to use bisphosphonates as potent anticancer agents: the effects of zoledronic acid encapsulated into liposomesMonica Marra
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Nanomedicine 7:955-64. 2011..Therefore, we developed stealth liposomes encapsulating ZOL (LipoZOL) to increase extraskeletal drug availability...
- Hyperthermia and thermosensitive liposomes for improved delivery of chemotherapeutic drugs to solid tumorsGerben A Koning
Laboratory Experimental Surgical Oncology, Section Surgical Oncology Department of Surgery, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, PO Box 2040, 3000, CA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pharm Res 27:1750-4. 2010Lipid-based nanocarriers or liposomes have been proven successful in the delivery of chemotherapeutic agents and are currently applied clinically in the treatment of various types of cancer...
- Liposomes: from a clinically established drug delivery system to a nanoparticle platform for theranostic nanomedicineWafa T Al-Jamal
Nanomedicine Laboratory, Centre for Drug Delivery Research, The School of Pharmacy, University of London, 29 39 Brunswick Square, London WC1N 1AX, United Kingdom
Acc Chem Res 44:1094-104. 2011For decades, clinicians have used liposomes, self-assembled lipid vesicles, as nanoscale systems to deliver encapsulated anthracycline molecules for cancer treatment...
- Transduction of the Mouse Auditory System with AAVDIANA LURIE; Fiscal Year: 2003..this goal, a number of vectors have been successfully used to mediate intracochlear gene delivery including liposomes, herpes virus, lentivirus, adenovirus, and adeno-associated virus (AAV)...
- NKT Cells Immunotherapy: Targeting Dendritic Cells with Glycolipid LiposomesPeng Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, we propose to incorporate alpha-GalCer (or other glycosphingosines) into liposomes to deliver the drug to DCs for optimal immunotherapy...
- C5a as an Anti-HIV Microbicidal CandidatePHILIPPE ANDRE GALLAY; Fiscal Year: 2013..particles, is specifically pulled down by C5A beads;ii) C5A binds directly to adsorbed DHSM;iii) C5A ruptures liposomes constituted with DHSM;and most importantly iv) pre-incubation of C5A with soluble DHSM prevents HIV rupture by ..
- Mechanism of Irradiation Pulmonary FibrosisJoel S Greenberger; Fiscal Year: 2012..The third specific aim tests the hypothesis that adding inhalation of mitochondrially targeted catalase plasmid liposomes to MnSOD-PL will enhance lung radiation protection...
- Gold Nanoparticle Assisted Delivery of Cancer Vaccines and Immune StimulantsAdam Lin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Current nanocarriers mainly consist of liposomes and polymers, which are larger in size (>100nm in diameter) and tend to stay at injection sites while smaller ..
- Targeting Siglec-8/-F to treat eosinophil and mast cell related disordersBruce S Bochner; Fiscal Year: 2013..to treat allergic and inflammatory diseases involving these cells (Aim 2), and use of Siglec-8/-F targeting liposomes carrying chemotherapies or our Siglec-8 mAb to treat malignant diseases involving eosinophils and mast cells (..
- Targeting Siglec-8/-F to treat eosinophil and mast cell related disordersBruce S Bochner; Fiscal Year: 2012..to treat allergic and inflammatory diseases involving these cells (Aim 2), and use of Siglec-8/-F targeting liposomes carrying chemotherapies or our Siglec-8 mAb to treat malignant diseases involving eosinophils and mast cells (..
- Development of CNS-targeted AAV vectorsMIGUEL S ESTEVES; Fiscal Year: 2012..combine AAV vectors with different proteins and peptides previously shown to be highly efficient in ferrying liposomes, enzymes, and siRNAs across the BBB after intravascular infusion...
- Rescuing Niemann-Pick C Disease: Pathways of Liver and Brain DegenerationMatthew P Scott; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will ablate hepatic macrophages with chlodronate-filled liposomes and assess the role of macrophages in NPC liver damage...
- Cytoskeletal Keratins in Epithelial Immunity to Bacterial KeratitisK P CONNIE TAM; Fiscal Year: 2013..Pore formation and peptide/membrane interactions will be investigated by liposomes and solid state NMR spectroscopy...
- Release of FGF1 and Pathology of AngiogenesisIgor Prudovsky; Fiscal Year: 2010..microscopy (including FRET and FICS methods), cell membrane fractionation, protein mutagenesis, studies on liposomes and cell membrane vesicles, expression of specific regulators of the submembrane actin cytoskeleton will be used ..
- Peroxynitrite, nitrotyrosine and HSP90 in neuronal deathALVARO G ESTEVEZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..Zn superoxide dismutase (SOD) delivered intracellularly with liposomes protect motor neurons from apoptosis...
- Mechanisms and translation of lipid resuscitationGuy L Weinberg; Fiscal Year: 2013..it is well-established tha tissue ischemia can cause intercellular endothelial gaps to expand, thereby allowing liposomes to migrate into the myocardial interstitium...
- Development and testing of polyvalent anthrax toxin inhibitorsJEREMY S MOGRIDGE; Fiscal Year: 2012..1) they block both toxins;2) they are synthesized from non-toxic scaffolds that are in routine clinical use (liposomes) or have been shown to be safe in clinical trials (PLGA);3) the synthetic processes are facile and scaleable;4) ..
- Targeting aberrant epigenetics by nanomedicineShujun Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..The specific aims are to: 1. Design, synthesize and optimize targeted liposomes (Lips) and lipopolyplexes (LPs) for delivering bortezomib and Sp1 siRNA or miR29b into AML cell lines and AML ..
- Plasma RNA based Early Lung Cancer Detection by Tethered Cationic Lipoplex AssaySERGE P NANA-SINKAM; Fiscal Year: 2013..RNase proteins or contained within exosomes, can be easily captured by and fused with positively charged liposomes, allowing detection by MBs...
- Mechanisms of Resistance and Susceptibility to African Trypanosome InfectionStephen L Hajduk; Fiscal Year: 2013..the biophysical basis for membrane destabilization by native TLF and its constituent proteins we will use model liposomes of defined composition in fluorescence based assays to measure TLF induced changes in lipid dynamics (Aim 2)...
- Role of Brain-Specific microRNAs in Suppression of Autoimmune NeuroinflammationHoward L Weiner; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, we found that i.v. injection of liposomes containing miR-124 markedly suppressed clinical EAE and inhibited the infiltration of encephalitogenic T cells ..
- Matrix and trophic coupling in the neurovascular unitEng H Lo; Fiscal Year: 2011..In Aim 4, we will directly manipulate endothelial BDNF expression by delivering the BDNF gene encased in TAT-liposomes into mouse brains in vivo...
- In vitro and in vivo efficacy of liposomal ciprofloxacin formulations against MycIgor Gonda; Fiscal Year: 2013..Both formulations are comprised of ciprofloxacin encapsulated in liposomes, which provide sustained slow release of the ciprofloxacin from the liposome, allowing for once-daily dosing...
- Next Generation Oxime Therapeutic for Chemical Agent Inhibited CNS (Brain) ChEsRichard K Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2010..of FDA approved/phase 1 trial Pharmaceuticals that pass the BBB for treatment of CNS dancers, including Stealth liposomes, nanoparticles, or cyclodextrins...
- Personalized therapeutics for inhibiting breast cancer metastasisDEBRA AUGUSTE; Fiscal Year: 2012..I propose to synthesize complementary engineered liposomes (CELs) that cooperatively bind CXCR4 and CCR7 and deliver short interfering RNA (siRNA) to knockdown Lcn2...
- Recombinant and Chemo-/Bio-Orthogonal Synthesis of Liposomal ThrombomodulinXue Long Sun; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Liposomes, in which lipid composition closely resembles that of cell membranes, have been extensively studied as cell ..
- Fruit exosome-like particles for therapeutic delivery of extracellular miRNAsHuang Ge Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Unlike the situation with artificially synthesized nanoparticles or liposomes, naturally derived nanoparticle-size exosomes are released from many different types of cells...
- Research on inhalation toxicology of environmental chemicalsROBERT O'CONNER; Fiscal Year: 2012..compounds (lipopolysaccharide, cancer stem cells, dendritic cells, diphtheria toxin, hyaluronan binding protein, liposomes, house dust extract)...
- NIR Light-Activated Nanoparticles for Drug and Gene DeliveryJOSEPH ANTHONY ZASADZINSKI; Fiscal Year: 2013..targeting ligands, polymers, siRNA and DNA by simple thiol chemistry, or incorporated into or tethered to liposomes. Water, proteins, lipids, etc...
- Isolation of ribonucleic acids that are attached to the neuronal membraneTerunaga Nakagawa; Fiscal Year: 2013..The isolated membrane will be solubilized in detergent and further reconstituted into liposomes. By iteratively repeating lipid reconstitution, isolation, and solubilization, we will enrich membrane bound RNA...
- Structures of Lipid-DNA Nonviral Gene Delivery Systems 4Cyrus R Safinya; Fiscal Year: 2013..Cationic liposomes (CLs) have emerged worldwide as among the most prevalent synthetic vectors employed in human clinical trials, ..
- DNA Repair Enzymes for the Prevention of Skin CancerAmanda K McCullough; Fiscal Year: 2013..enzyme, chlorella virus pyrimidine dimer DNA glycosylase (Cv-pdg-NLS, RG-101), encapsulation of the enzyme into liposomes, and the successful initiation of rapid repair of CPDs in a human skin model...
- Mitochrondrial Regulation of ApoptosisTomomi Kuwana; Fiscal Year: 2013..MOM proteins will be fractionated and reconstituted in proteo-liposomes to identify the active fraction by the dextran release assay...
- Electron microscopy studies of novel poliovirus genome-releasing intermediatesHazel C Levy; Fiscal Year: 2010..intermediates during genome-release, and 2) to determine 3DEM structures of such intermediates attached to liposomes. The experimental steps to be carried out are listed below: a...
- Self-assembling Biomimetic Hydrogels with Bioadhesive Properties for IntervertebrANDREA JENNIFER VERNENGO; Fiscal Year: 2013..The novel strategy in this proposal is to circumvent this problem with the inclusion of liposomes designed to deliver ECM components after the polymer has adhered to tissue and reached physiological temperature...
- Ultrasound-activated microbubbles for targeted siRNA delivery to tumorFlordeliza S Villanueva; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have also recently designed a novel submicron polymer MB carrying EGFR siRNA-loaded liposomes that silences EGFR expression in vitro, and may have unique potential to facilitate extravascular siRNA transfer...
- Structure and Function of Sodium-Calcium ExchangersDINESH A YERNOOL; Fiscal Year: 2013..of structure-function and transport properties of prokaryotic NCX homologs by reconstitution into liposomes. Wild-type ion transport kinetics will be determined and inhibitors of transport identified. 3. Structure...
- Eliciting B cells to produce anti-HIV gp41 MPER-specific neutralizing antibodiesEllis L Reinherz; Fiscal Year: 2013..immunogen complexity, we have recently used NMR and EPR methods to characterize lipid-embedded MPER segments on liposomes, bicelles and micelles prior to and after, BNAB binding...
- Multi-parameter CMR of post-MI Left Ventricular Remodeling in Gene Modified MiceBrent A French; Fiscal Year: 2013..this Aim, 3D myocardial mechanics will be assessed by 3D cine DENSE, macrophage infiltration by T1 mapping of Gd-liposomes, regional perfusion by first-pass kinetics and infarct size/location by late gadolinium enhanced (LGE) CMR...
- Surface-modified pharmaceutical nanocarriers for subcellular targetingVladimir P Torchilin; Fiscal Year: 2012..We hypothesize that the application of drug-loaded pharmaceutical nanocarriers, such as liposomes and micelles, modified with the specific ligands capable of targeting intracellular organelles, such as nuclei, ..
- Targeted siRNA delivery to aberrantly activated leukocytes for treating colitisMotomu Shimaoka; Fiscal Year: 2010..problem, our proposal aims to develop integrin-targeted stabilized nanoparticles (I-tsNP): nano-sized neutral liposomes that encapsulate siRNAs and that are directed to leukocyte subsets via a surface-attached integrin antibody or ..
- Immunizing Against Malaria by Inducing Both Protective Antibodies and CD8 T CellsB Kim Lee Sim; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is administered with an adjuvant AS01, which includes liposomes, monophosphoryl lipid A, and a purified plant extract, QS21, but was initially developed with an oil in water-..
- 3-Dimensional Imaging of Biomaterials on the Nanoscale with Mass SpectrometryNicholas Winograd; Fiscal Year: 2010..cells, assay of single vesicles in neurotransmitters, lipid biochemistry at model membranes, heart tissue and in liposomes. Five different collaborators from three Universities are involved in this effort, a situation made possible by ..
- Targeted Dendritic Cell Activation through Multi-Adjuvant LiposomesGretchen Jimenez; Fiscal Year: 2013..or adjuvant in the form of a peptide or carbohydrate that can be attached via conjugation to the surface of the liposomes, or conjugatable adjuvant lipid vesicles (CALVs)...
- Molecular basis for paramyxovirus entryAnne Moscona; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using infectious virus and engineered liposomes, we will capture serial intermediate states of the HPIV3 fusion complex during activation, to identify the ..
- Molded Hydrogel Tympanic Membrane Repair ConstructsWILSON CANNOY PRITCHARD; Fiscal Year: 2011..alginate manufacturing will be streamlined using irreversible thermal gelation with calcium chloride-loaded liposomes. These will be compared to constructs made from concentrated solutions gellan gum, the processing of which is ..
- NanoSPINs for In Vivo EPR-Based Spectroscopy and ImagingValery V Khramtsov; Fiscal Year: 2010..for nitroxide encapsulation, sol gel "glasses" and phospholipid bilayer vesicles, including use of polymerized liposomes. The small ion permeability of the liposomes will be ensured by incorporation of "pore formers" such as ..
- Targeted Liposomal Delivery of CD147 siRNA to Murine Head and Neck Cancer ModelsNadarajah Vigneswaran; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to develop and optimize dual-ligand tagged liposomes customized for tumor selective delivery of siRNA in our animal models...
- Bladder drug delivery using intravesical liposomes to treat overactive bladderJONATHAN H KAUFMAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..expand its portfolio of patent applications regarding specific intravesical liposomal delivery techniques using liposomes as platform technology...
- Integrin-targeted siRNA delivery for therapeutic gene silencing in blood cancersTimothy A Springer; Fiscal Year: 2013..problem by developing integrin-targeted stabilized nanoparticles (I-tsNP): nano-sized stabilized neutral liposomes that encapsulate siRNAs and that are selectively directed to blood cancer cells via surface-attached monoclonal ..
- Molecular basis for paramyxovirus entryAnne Moscona; Fiscal Year: 2012..Using infectious virus and engineered liposomes, we will capture serial intermediate states of the HPIV3 fusion complex during activation, to identify the ..
- Role of IG CDR-H3 in Responses to HIV VaccinesHARRY WILLIAM SCHROEDER; Fiscal Year: 2013..g. antigen encased in liposomes or antigen displayed by pseudovirions) will facilitate the generation of antibodies that can bind the key MPER ..
- Endocannabinoid Inactivation:Plasma Membrane Uptake and Cellular TraffickingDale G Deutsch; Fiscal Year: 2012..To examine whether AEA and 2-AG can passively diffuse across the membrane, synthetic lipid vesicles (liposomes) will be employed with internalized FAAH (fatty acid amide hydrolase) or MAGL (monoacylglycerol lipase)...
- EpiVax Phase II SBIR: Preclinical studies of Tregitope Delivery and Mechanism ofANNE SEARLS DEGROOT; Fiscal Year: 2013..peptides or concatamers composed of the Tregitope and PPI epitopes will be tested in clinically proven vehicles: liposomes, glucan particles, and as a conjugate with recombinant human albumin...
- Subversion of Autophagy Pathway and Constituents by RNA virusesKarla Kirkegaard; Fiscal Year: 2013..A single poliovirus protein, 3AB, was found to be sufficient to create double-membraned from single-membraned liposomes, and the hypothesis that this mechanism might be shared with cellular autophagy proteins tested...
- Pharmacology and Bioengineering of New Treatment of ITPJoseph P Balthasar; Fiscal Year: 2010..extracorporeal bioreactor, and inhibition of platelet destruction through the use of antibody-coated liposomes as "decoy particles")...
- Nanovectors for Characterization and Destruction of Breast Tumor VasculatureDavid G Gorenstein; Fiscal Year: 2010..biology, vascular targeting using page display approaches, development of small interfering RNAs in neutral liposomes for tumor targeting, development of novel aptamers for tumor targeting, 3-dimensional mathematical modeling of ..
- Reversible dimerization of a CLC transporter: A model for membrane protein foldinJanice L Robertson; Fiscal Year: 2013..dimers in liposome populations, (ii) fluorescence self-quenching in liposomes, and (iii) F[unreadable]rster resonance energy transfer (FRET) in liposomes and supported bilayers for single ..
- Reversible dimerization of a CLC transporter: A model for membrane protein foldinJanice L Robertson; Fiscal Year: 2013..dimers in liposome populations, (ii) fluorescence self-quenching in liposomes, and (iii) Forster resonance energy transfer (FRET) in liposomes and supported bilayers for single molecule ..
- Mechanically Stable Blood SubstitutesAndre Francis Palmer; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study is aimed at engineering novel hemoglobin (Hb) and actin (Ac) containing liposomes (LEAcHb)...
- Alpha Folate Receptor Mediated GARFTase Inhibitors as Selective Antitumor AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, conjugates of folic acid and pteroates have been used to selectively deliver toxins, liposomes, imaging and cytotoxic agents to FR-alpha expressing tumors with a high degree of success...
- FLUCTUATIONS IN IONIC CURRENT THROUGH MEMBRANE CHANNELSFREDERICK J SIGWORTH; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have developed methods for cryo-EM single-particle imaging of membrane proteins reconstituted into liposomes, and have recently obtained the first closed-state structure of a eukaryotic 6TM channel, the large-conductance ..
- Spin Probes in Semipermeable Nanospheres: EPR spectroscopy & imaging of tumor pHVALERY KHRAMTSOV; Fiscal Year: 2009..of the nitroxides into semipermeable nanospheres will be used, namely incorporation into phospholipids liposomes and polyamide capsules...
- pHLIP Nanotechnology Platform for Cancer Imaging and TherapyYana K Reshetnyak; Fiscal Year: 2012..with a binding domain, which will be tethered to the surface of cancer cells and 2) targeting the pHLIP with liposomes containing therapeutic and/or imaging payloads and having a surface-exposed complementary binding domain...
- Direct identification of ready-to-use peptoid-DOTA theranostic systemsDAMITH GOMIKA UDUGAMASOORIYA; Fiscal Year: 2013..contrast agent to a therapeutic molecule, or to pack these two components inside a macromolecular system such as liposomes. While chemical modifications typically weaken the original activity of the drug, macromolecules generally ..
- Cellular Control: Synthetic Signaling/Motility (RMI)Wendell A Lim; Fiscal Year: 2013..we have been developing tools for custom rewiring cell signaling pathways and for assembling complex cell-like liposomes. We are now focusing on applying these tools and strategies towards engineering cell or cell-like devices that ..
- Wnt signaling in skeletal tissue regenerationJie Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Similar to Aim 2, Wnt3a or PBS liposomes treated whole bone marrow will be grafted into critical size defects in the calvaria...
- M. AVIUM DISEASE--INHALED LIPOSOME ANTI-TB DRUG THERAPYHans Schreier; Fiscal Year: 1992..We propose a novel approach to MAIC chemotherapy: Intrapulmonary delivery of drugs encapsulated with liposomes in order to promote their phagocytosis by lung AM...
- Development of Chemical Receptors for ProteinsSanku Mallik; Fiscal Year: 2005..aims to fabricate highly selective, robust, chemical receptors for the proteins employing polymerizable mixed liposomes. Carbonic anhydrase will be used for the initial optimization studies; after the optimization studies are ..
- ANTIBODY-TARGETED POLYMERIC SYSTEMS FOR TUMOR IMAGINGVladimir Torchilin; Fiscal Year: 2006..b>Liposomes and micelles have been proposed as in vivo carriers for various diagnostic agents in order to increase their ..
- HYPERTHERMIA AND PERFUSION EFFECTS IN CANCER THERAPYMark Dewhirst; Fiscal Year: 2009..non-invasive thermometry, (2) examine HT combined with liposomal drugs, particularly with novel thermolabile liposomes that release contents within seconds of reaching their phase transition temperature, (3) conduct phase III ..
- Gene Delivery of P53 in a Tumor-bearing Mouse ModelARCHIBALD MIXSON; Fiscal Year: 2007DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Systemic gene delivery of p53 with cationic liposomes has been shown to reduce tumor growth in pre-clinical models...
- Efficacy of Liposomal Budesonide in Experimental AsthmaKAMESWARI KONDURI; Fiscal Year: 2004..when budesonide, a frequently prescribed inhaled steroid, is encapsulated into sterically-stabilized "stealth" liposomes, it prevents inflammation of asthma in lower doses given at less frequent intervals compared to conventional ..
- LUNG INFLAMMATIONGerald Weissmann; Fiscal Year: 1999..Using intact human neutrophils, granule-free cytoplasts, cell free systems, liposomes of varying physical structure, and human umbilical vein endothelial cells, we will test four novel hypotheses...
- BINDING OF ALLERGENS TO LIPOSOMES FOR IMMUNOTHERAPYARISTO WOJDANI; Fiscal Year: 1990..our major goal is to encapsulate standardized allergens and biological response modifiers (BRMs) to different liposomes and study the effect of this modification on their allergenicity and antigenicity using in vitro techniques...
- NOVEL METHODS FOR PREPARING SYNTHETIC ANTIBODIESSanku Mallik; Fiscal Year: 1999..to continue the work on the fabrication of robust, selective, chemical receptors for proteins using polymerized liposomes. During this project period, the method will be developed to a high degree of selectivity...
- DELIVERY OF PROTEINS INTO CYTOSOL USING LLO-LIPOSOMESKyung Dall Lee; Fiscal Year: 2002..which is necessary and sufficient in the escape of Listeria into cytosol, will be purified and incorporated into liposomes. The LLO-containing liposomes, which mimic how Listeria deliver themselves into the cytosol where they grow, ..